Page 70 of 160 FirstFirst ... 4045505560656667686970717273747580859095100 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,100 of 4794

Thread: Property market sentiments 2011

According to this map, Sky@11 should be "Fringe" but when I did the URA Search previously I thought that it was listed as CCR. Sorry I don't have Flash loaded on my computer here to double confirm.

Quote Originally Posted by ssman
    My first post, apologies if I have missed any convention.

My observation on price rise is that it is the top properties that pulls the ones below it.

When the CCR properties cheong and gap between them and RCR properties go up, the RCR seller think wah, that one has gone from 3 million to 5 million, I must increase mine 2.5million to 4 million.
    Then the OCR sellers increase prices to keep up with the RCR, same way.
    Then the EC guys think, eh, the condo next to mine is going at 800psf, why I only settle for 500psf. I must increase to 700psf.
    And finally the HDB one say, EC going for $800K, my place is bigger and better location, I should ask for 650K, not 400K.
    Then HDB says, market value for HDB is $650K, I should raise my BTO price.

All property class in Singapore maintain a set gap from each other. If one pulls ahead, the others pull ahead to bring down the gap.

And the one that pulls ahead does so because of speculation, not real deman - many HE properties go empty as FT lose expat package and move to mid price and 80% local stay in HDB.

MBT should have been careful and enabled moderate growth from the beginning. Any boom too fast will cause bust. To prevent bust you must moderate boom. Now pandora box open already.
    you just opened one. Your theory will not go well with Stag .The die hard OCR support will gun you down in no time. Your suggestion of their OCR condo is moved by CCR condo will in no time trigger OCR vs CCR debate again. The argument is its converiging, thus OCR is not moving because of CCR move.

Simon cheong's $5800 psf sales is not conclusive but it will certainly question the thought that CCR is dead meat

Quote Originally Posted by Eldenfirefly
    Yeah ,don't think CCR prices and demand has been that hot since 2009 really. Its the mass market which has been hot.
    Not surprising... OCR hot coz got so many FW and FT coming in... CCR usually appeals more to foreign investors...

Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaSS
    you just opened one. Your theory will not go well with Stag .The die hard OCR support will gun you down in no time. Your suggestion of their OCR condo is moved by CCR condo will in no time trigger OCR vs CCR debate again. The argument is its converiging, thus OCR is not moving because of CCR move.

Simon cheong's $5800 psf sales is not conclusive but it will certainly question the thought that CCR is dead meat
    CCR creating new record. OCR also. Even HDB setting new highs.. What can we say about the housing market? Who is laughing? Sellers, buyers, govt, developers or bankers?

Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaSS

simon cheong's sale is definitely an exception rather than the rule. When you travel in a desert and have not seen water for two years and have been drinking your own urine to survive, would you believe it when you see a large lake in front of you? you would not if you are smart, because that lake is just a mirage. by the way, who is the genius that bought Simon Cheong's unit? is this transaction at arm's length?

by the way, I find these outlier transactions that pop up every now and then very fishy.

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    by the way, I find these outlier transactions that pop up every now and then very fishy.
    Yup... like the 1mil HDB and then in the near future, $1400 psf OCR units in D19 (not MM units)... Singapore housing market is resilient...

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Not surprising... OCR hot coz got so many FW and FT coming in... CCR usually appeals more to foreign investors...
    Some years ago, it ws CCR that appeal to FT. Now they can not. So they buy OCR.

Why buy far from city if they can afford nice place near city? They cannot afford.

Later when CCR LL see that no fish are biting, they will lower price to sell. Then CCR price will be same as OCR price, so OCR will have to lower price to sell.

When a boom happens, the price goes beyond affordability too quickly, then it has to come down.
    Going up too quickly hurts some benefits others, then coming down reverses the table.

Sector based market activity is not good in a long term perspective - yesterday CCR was booming, today OCR is booming. Means same money is running from one sector to the next.
    Ideally all sectors should have moderate activity and gradual growth, because all sectors have their own group of prospective buyers. When you have too much growth and the money starts going in a clump from one sector to another sector, that is bad news for all of us.

CCR creating new record. OCR also. Even HDB setting new highs.. What can we say about the housing market? Who is laughing? Sellers, buyers, govt, developers or bankers?
    All are winning. And all can lose. That is the problem that MBT faced.

Going up too quickly hurts some benefits others, then coming down reverses the table.
    The trick is to be on the right side at the right time... be the owner when prices are going up and buyer when prices are coming down... Don't ask me how to achieve that....

The trick is to be on the right side at the right time... be the owner when prices are going up and buyer when prices are coming down... Don't ask me how to achieve that....
    Ok if you can take risk and sleep at night with million dollar gambles. But for value investor and home buyer, both who make up majority, this does not work.

Ok if you can take risk and sleep at night with million dollar gambles. But for value investor and home buyer, both who make up majority, this does not work.
    Hee... was referring to investors with spare cash...

Quote Originally Posted by Eldenfirefly
    Thanks again! appreciate it!

I think these days, people also consider if near to MRT. So, its changing, and those at city fringe also becoming increasingly hot. Plus there are big shopping malls coming up even in the suburban areas. So, those plus MRT will also make certain out of CCR or even out of RCR areas attractive.
    Is Geylang included in the city fringe also?

Quote Originally Posted by irisng
    Is Geylang included in the city fringe also?
    Don't think so coz the prices there are more like OCR. A little further is Dakota Residence and its slightly different lor...

Don't think so coz the prices there are more like OCR. A little further is Dakota Residence and its slightly different lor...
    Geylang mm quite ex ok....
    The developer huat till buay jin chu

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Geylang mm quite ex ok....
    The developer huat till buay jin chu
    Well MM in many and I mean many OCR also very ex wat... especially in D19.

I visited the Terrasse show flat and another show flat in that area. It's very good sales. Coupled with several new ECs recently launched, I think May sales figures will be quite strong.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    I visited the Terrasse show flat and another show flat in that area. It's very good sales. Coupled with several new ECs recently launched, I think May sales figures will be quite strong.
    Buckle your seat belts and get ready for take off...

Shanghai A-share crashing below 2.8k today .... and Euro zone debt crisis is now back in focus, this could mean SIBOR could stay below 0.5% beyond end of this year
    Ride at your own risk !!!

We are in a very strange situation now. Inflation is eating away everyone's income. The money that I'm holding now seems to be just a piece of paper, just like the banana notes in the past...

http://www.olx.com.sg/world-war-2-ja...0-iid-13103548

Foods court now charge $5 for a plate of chicken rice without batting an eyelid
    We are in a very strange situation now. Inflation is eating away everyone's income. The money that I'm holding now seems to be just a piece of paper, just like the banana notes in the past...

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    Foods court now charge $5 for a plate of chicken rice without batting an eyelid
    there's only one food court chicken rice that I would pay $5 for. the rest, no way.

Good to know that inflation has fallened below 5% in the latest report... but housing still rose slightly...

When inflation go up, prices of things go up, when inflation drops, cost of items don't drop leh
    Good to know that inflation has fallened below 5% in the latest report... but housing still rose slightly...

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    When inflation go up, prices of things go up, when inflation drops, cost of items don't drop leh
    yah, inflation rate coming off merely means price increase is at a slower pace.

not strange, QE1 & 2 just delayed the inevitable - stagflation

1 mth SOR responded by dropping to 0.18 today.
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    Shanghai A-share crashing below 2.8k today .... and Euro zone debt crisis is now back in focus, this could mean SIBOR could stay below 0.5% beyond end of this year

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    1 mth SOR responded by dropping to 0.18 today.
    It appears that interest rates will remain low for some time but big question is how long????

issit time to raise rental ?

Should do so if renewal is coming up. Just raise rental 25% for one recently. This is possible with good location unit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovelle
    issit time to raise rental ?