Page 43 of 160 FirstFirst ... 131823283338394041424344454647485358636873 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 4794

Thread: Property market sentiments 2011

Quote Originally Posted by linchong84
    Ya.. Drive along bendemeer/upper serangoon road will vomit blood one.. Take MRT is faster.. Land bid psf is 774-775.. Still cheaper than bishan site by around 100 haha.. Seems like property market will continue to up for the next 12 mths..
    i oredi said RCR will be the shining star going forward...

this cycle is bottom up......RCR is next since OCR seems peakish oredi.....

RCR owners...HUAT ARGH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    selling pt will be city fringe and MRT...targeting tenants/owners w/o cars
    ya, plus point is MRT at door step, amenities nearby.., near to city...

jus heard japan suffered another earthquake!!!! wah liu

Sigh. This isn't japan's year.

jus heard japan suffered another earthquake!!!! wah liu
    Ya, 7.4 quake..@miyagi , tsunami alert; poor thing...like never ending...pray that tis will be the last...

http://www.boston.com/news/world/asi..._coast/?page=1

TOKYO—Japan's northeastern coast has been rattled by a strong aftershock. The Japan meteorological agency has issued a tsunami warning for a wave of up to one meter. The warning was issued for a coastal area already ravaged by last month's tsunami.

Officials say the quake was a 7.4-magnitude and hit 25 miles (40 kilometers) under the water and off the coast of Miyagi prefecture. The quake that preceded last month's tsunami was a 9.0-magnitude.

Buildings as far away as Tokyo shook for about a minute.

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    We are all experts already.. Breakeven price would be around $1,080 psf with a selling price of around $1,200 to $1,500 psf at launch.

Looking at the site layout, the units either face Bendeemer Primary School, the longkang or each other. But then, people will still chiong and buy..
    I might be one of them to chiong...

Poor Japan... even Myanmar kana 6.8 quake.... anything can happen man... if Singapore kana, no need to talk so much about property prices up or down... no more property left.... Singapore's buildings are not built to withstand quake above 5 on the Richter Scale (I think)... We must always count our blessings....

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Why you worry?

Firstly, Singapore no quake, the most is tremble from nearby quake.

Secondly, even in worst case and got big enough tremble from nearest 9 Ricbhter Scale quake, only coastal areas like East Coast and West Coast will get hit (nobody knows whether these buildings will fall or not). If you are inland >5km away, you are still very safe.

Oh yes, it is still better to be prepared for the worst since some scientific studies show evidence of quake zones moving closer to Singapore (but won't quite some distance lah, so the most coastal areas get hit with tsunami only).

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Poor Japan... even Myanmar kana 6.8 quake.... anything can happen man... if Singapore kana, no need to talk so much about property prices up or down... no more property left.... Singapore's buildings are not built to withstand quake above 5 on the Richter Scale (I think)... We must always count our blessings....

That's why CapitaLand smart. Bishan, centre of the island, solid. Tsunami is possible. We are situated in the Indo-Australian plate in the Pacific Rim of Fire. Any major earthquake north of the Phillippines or along Java may cause a Tsunami. East Coast or West Coast will be decimated.

Singapore homes top choice for ultra-rich Asians
    PropertyGuru
    Thursday, 7 April 2011

Singapore’s top quality education has placed the country second on the list for second-home purchases for ultra-rich Asians, especially the Chinese and Indians, according to The Wealth Report 2011 compiled by Citi Private Bank and Knight Frank.

Meanwhile, when it comes to principal residence, Singapore is the top choice for Asia’s ultra-high net worth individuals (UHNWIs). This was mainly attributed to the country’s stable economic and political conditions, as well as its favourable taxation policies for wealthy individuals.

Prices of Singapore’s luxury properties are also much cheaper, compared to other markets like Paris, Tokyo, London and Hong Kong.

According to the report, which is based on an online survey of nearly 5,000 UHNWIs from 36 countries, education is one of the primary reasons for second-home purchases, particularly among East Asian UHNWIs.

“A property for (university-going) children to live in is an obvious step to take and a very popular investment option,” said Rupert Hoogewerf, publisher of the Hurun Report.

“Anecdotal evidence indicates that the condition of property markets can be an influencing factor when universities are being assessed.”

Besides the US and the UK, other top locations for education are Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Singapore and Hong Kong.

Quote Originally Posted by Teana
    Singapore homes top choice for ultra-rich Asians
    PropertyGuru
    Thursday, 7 April 2011

Singapore’s top quality education has placed the country second on the list for second-home purchases for ultra-rich Asians, especially the Chinese and Indians, according to The Wealth Report 2011 compiled by Citi Private Bank and Knight Frank.

Meanwhile, when it comes to principal residence, Singapore is the top choice for Asia’s ultra-high net worth individuals (UHNWIs). This was mainly attributed to the country’s stable economic and political conditions, as well as its favourable taxation policies for wealthy individuals.

Prices of Singapore’s luxury properties are also much cheaper, compared to other markets like Paris, Tokyo, London and Hong Kong.

According to the report, which is based on an online survey of nearly 5,000 UHNWIs from 36 countries, education is one of the primary reasons for second-home purchases, particularly among East Asian UHNWIs.

“A property for (university-going) children to live in is an obvious step to take and a very popular investment option,” said Rupert Hoogewerf, publisher of the Hurun Report.

“Anecdotal evidence indicates that the condition of property markets can be an influencing factor when universities are being assessed.”

Besides the US and the UK, other top locations for education are Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Singapore and Hong Kong.

Teana

the way your present the above ...reminds me of someone we all know ..BUT disappeared since last june 2010 .... REPORTER ...

are you REPORTER ???

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    Teana

the way your present the above ...reminds me of someone we all know ..BUT disappeared since last june 2010 .... REPORTER ...

are you REPORTER ???
    I copy and paste from CNA forum without any edit.

East Coast or West Coast will be decimated.
    Then all the more expensive projects like the sail, IR, east coast properties all gone!!

Quote Originally Posted by extremme
    Then all the more expensive projects like the sail, IR, east coast properties all gone!!
    Decimated by ultra-rich or by tsunami?

Quote Originally Posted by extremme
    I think must build a 20 ft high Tsunami Wall liao.

Quote Originally Posted by Teana
    I copy and paste from CNA forum without any edit.

oh really ?

i didnt know CNA forum highlights in RED and the fonts gets BIGGER and BIGGER ....without your editing

oh really ?

i didnt know CNA forum highlights in RED and the fonts gets BIGGER and BIGGER ....without your editing

Living in NYC... i naturally become a big fan of CSI, Blue Blood, Law and Order ...have learned to pick up some skills ..in identifying 'signs' ......

Does this forum have some issue with REPORTER?

does it matter whether teana is reporter...

mabe i am reporter

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    Does this forum have some issue with REPORTER?

i dont (??? heheh)

he was a LEGEND ... reporting only new high PSF every week ... highlighting in BOLD RED BIGGER n BIGGER font stressing higher psf ...but claiming to be unbiased ...

supposedly went for a holiday in May 2010 ...and disappeared ......

i dont (??? heheh)

he was a LEGEND ... reporting only new high PSF every week ... highlighting in BOLD RED BIGGER n BIGGER font stressing higher psf ...but claiming to be unbiased ...

supposedly went for a holiday in May 2010 ...and disappeared ......
    at least he dun tok down or up other projects...hehe

This is a true story. My friend lives in a penthouse in a East Coast Condo with his mother, wife and kids. Some time ago, when Indonesia had an earthquake, Singapore felt the tremor. The whole penthouse shook violently and the chandeliers swayed and almost fell off. The poor mother was alone in the house with the maid and had to run all the way downstairs in fear.

This is a true story. My friend lives in a penthouse in a East Coast Condo with his mother, wife and kids. Some time ago, when Indonesia had an earthquake, Singapore felt the tremor. The whole penthouse shook violently and the chandeliers swayed and almost fell off. The poor mother was alone in the house with the maid and had to run all the way downstairs in fear.
    den come n buy up pasir ris seaview along JLB!! hahaha

does it matter whether teana is reporter...

mabe i am reporter

nothing wrong really

but if Teana is Reporter ..... why the need to change identity ? if he has nothing to hide or no agenda ?

so i will just take it at face value ... that Teana IS Teana and no one else

nothing wrong really

but if Teana is Reporter ..... why the need to change identity ? if he has nothing to hide or no agenda ?

so i will just take it at face value ... that Teana IS Teana and no one else
    mabe i shd create another nick call angelplate

by stressing only higher psf and NEVER mentioning when theres a lower psf ... or never reporting bad news is NOT TALKING UP ???

then disappeared when the cooling measures started ...

how can that be that he has no agenda ? and that he was not talking up the market ?

????????/

never mind ... he is gone ... maybe

aHHH...I remember seeing some of those posts. I thought they were quite entertaining actually. As you say he dun take sides on specific projects and as far as I remember doesn't launch personal attacks on other forum members

by stressing only higher psf and NEVER mentioning when theres a lower psf ... or never reporting bad news is NOT TALKING UP ???

then disappeared when the cooling measures started ...

how can that be that he has no agenda ? and that he was not talking up the market ?

????????/

never mind ... he is gone ... maybe
    he is bullish mah....or rather....give a warning tat psf is climbing too fast and furious....bubble brewing....depends how u see it lor

aiya....bears will choose to read and post only bearish news....

bulls will do the opposite

so you are a supporter of market manipulation ?

when someone posts only biased reports ?

and when someone else pointed them out ..they disappeared and come back using another name ..and start the non sense all over again ??

if u are .. i am truly disappointed with u ... have always thought you are quite honest with your postings

ROFL