Thread: Agent duties and fair responsibilities

Default Agent duties and fair responsibilities

some personal encounters

1. whose responsibility is it to ensure that all house keys and keycards are accounted for and passed to the purchaser?

a. agent to liase with seller ?
    b. lawyer to liase with seller's lawyer?
    c. owner to liase with seller/tenant?

2. inventory list and checking of items on inspection

a. agent to provide inventory list from tenant/seller
    b. agent to provide inventory list and conduct inspection
    c. buyer to liase directly with tenant for inventory list

had some bad encounters where i find that the agent (though not getting a cent from me directly) is merely a button pusher (ring the doorbell only)

Anything not sure chk with CEA... any party can play punk.... Be it seller, buyer, agt, tenant n lawyer( run away with ur money)

Some agents are very unprofessional (will take care of their self interest & not faithfully serve their clients) It is timely that CEA has been set up and consumers can complaint to CEA re unproffessional/unethical agents.
    It is the duty of the agent who leased out your property to put up the list of inventories athe the commencement of the tenancy and ensure handing over of all the items listed upon termination of the tenancy.

Quote Originally Posted by jc007
    Some agents are very unprofessional (will take care of their self interest & not faithfully serve their clients) It is timely that CEA has been set up and consumers can complaint to CEA re unproffessional/unethical agents.
    It is the duty of the agent who leased out your property to put up the list of inventories athe the commencement of the tenancy and ensure handing over of all the items listed upon termination of the tenancy.
    my agent even keep copies of the tenancy agrement ..

solid right ?

she does it for all the units she handles

in this case
    i did not pay comission as im the buyer

the agent is the seller's agent

throughout the agent has been very uncertain of what to do re even the OTP and clauses

i had to chase him for

1. inventory list
    2. keys to the flat and card access

i have given up when he told me that laws in singapore exists so dont need to worry if someone is holding on to an extra set of house keys

he is unsure who is holding on to it and seems unwilling to call the previous owner as he is overseas...

do i have the write to complain to CEA even though i dont pay him a single cent ? even though indirectly

Change lockset lor.....especially if its for own stay....

Quote Originally Posted by jc007
    It is timely that CEA has been set up and consumers can complaint to CEA re unproffessional/unethical agents.
    I'm afraid CEA will be just as toothless as CASE. It's ur money, exercise ur own diligence.