Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What u like abt Dist 9/10?

anyone got more to share?

Just did a picnic at Botanical Garden last wk! see quiet a fair bit of chicks there. Seated near the Swan Lake.

Can someone comment if district 1-4 will ever overtake 9-10-11as the most expensive and exclusive area? I would dare say it will never happen.... Distict 1-4 no gcb, no established shopping district...

Anyone tried the Durian store in the carpark at entrance to Dempsy Hill before? Want to eat some Cat Mountain King Durian, wondering if anyone know how much /kg they selling there?

Quote Originally Posted by CCR
    Can someone comment if district 1-4 will ever overtake 9-10-11as the most expensive and exclusive area? I would dare say it will never happen.... Distict 1-4 no gcb, no established shopping district...
    for working swing class, D1-4 sounds like a pretty ***y place. Family with kids going to sch, D9 n D10 sounds more attractive. I go for D10 anytime over sentosa if i got the means.

True of all district I think D10 still the best....

True of all district I think D10 still the best....
    u talk like that will offend alot of pple here. Maybe u should say, of district 1-4, 9-10, u like D10 the best.

if not CCR vs OCR war will burn again.

I mean honestly.... D10 have greenery, no jam, near orchard and raffles place, lots a good schools.... Good food both cheap and expensive....

I mean honestly.... D10 have greenery, no jam, near orchard and raffles place, lots a good schools.... Good food both cheap and expensive....
    No jam in D10? haha, surely you jest. a week before yesterday, I started on a journey to grand hyatt to attend a function, but went home instead midway. why? a horrible jam. the jam started on Holland road and continued to Orchard Road and Scott Road. I spend more than 1.5 hours in that jam and finally arrived at Grand Hyatt at 8pm, only to be confronted with the sign "carpark full." we gave up and tried to go home. but you know what? we couldn't even go home fast. the jam on orchard road to river valley road was even worst. it was a sea of cars. we had to turn into QE square to wait out the jam. what a nightmare.

haha, no jam? worst jams in D10.

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    No jam in D10? haha, surely you jest. a week before yesterday, I started on a journey to grand hyatt to attend a function, but went home instead midway. why? a horrible jam. the jam started on Holland road and continued to Orchard Road and Scott Road. I spend more than 1.5 hours in that jam and finally arrived at Grand Hyatt at 8pm, only to be confronted with the sign "carpark full." we gave up and tried to go home. but you know what? we couldn't even go home fast. the jam on orchard road to river valley road was even worst. it was a sea of cars. we had to turn into QE square to wait out the jam. what a nightmare.

I am really surprised... Never come across a jam along holland road... Which day and what time? Was there an accident?

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Want no jam to Hyatt? Live in Orchard area, walk there sure no jam!
    The truth is that the moment you drive out of your Crabelle that AYE already sure jammed all the way from the start point, no need to smear other places with worse jams.

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Want no jam to Hyatt? Live in Orchard area, walk there sure no jam!
    The truth is that the moment you drive out of your Crabelle that AYE already sure jammed all the way from the start point, no need to smear other places with worse jams.
    but stay orchard, wana goto other places....jammeddddd.....hehe

my guess is friday night ba. Orchard/holland village/Dempsey hill/ boat quay area are really popular on friday nights for chill out after work.

Govt plan to build tons of shopping centers all over singapore is a great plan! if not 5m pple on orchrad road on wkend will be unbearable.

only thing i dont understand y from town go back west coast so troublesome, though can reach in like 10mins on westcoast high way.....

the only unique characteristics of D10 is the number of gd schools....but some ppty in D21 aso shares the same advantage....

if u use near orchard as the advantage.....den D9 shd be the best rather den D10....

greenary.....many other districts have tat....seaview/bayview more impressive den greenary view by most standards....holiday makers prefer the sea den greens(mosquitoes).....NS got lots of greenary field camp....hehe

no jam....err....u sure?

both cheap and exp food....well...vy subjective....

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    the only unique characteristics of D10 is the number of gd schools....but some ppty in D21 aso shares the same advantage....

if u use near orchard as the advantage.....den D9 shd be the best rather den D10....

greenary.....many other districts have tat....seaview/bayview more impressive den greenary view by most standards....holiday makers prefer the sea den greens(mosquitoes).....NS got lots of greenary field camp....hehe

no jam....err....u sure?

Singapore Seaview boring, lazed with tons of containers ships docked all over the place. Got water to see is always shiok.

But as singapore reclaims outwards, all properties with seaview seems to be temporary rather than permanent. The premium one pays could vaporize overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaSS
    Singapore Seaview boring, lazed with tons of containers ships docked all over the place. Got water to see is always shiok.

But as singapore reclaims outwards, all properties with seaview seems to be temporary rather than permanent. The premium one pays could vaporize overnight.
    so tats y prized collection like bayview units at the sail...sentosa condos like seascape with fantastic seaview....reflections at keppel....those r quite impossible to have their view blocked and can last until the lease runs up

if sm1 loves greenary view....can go for condos like raintree....closest to nature and perfect greenary view for units above 10th flr

so tats y prized collection like bayview units at the sail...sentosa condos like seascape with fantastic seaview....reflections at keppel....those r quite impossible to have their view blocked and can last until the lease runs up

if sm1 loves greenary view....can go for condos like raintree....closest to nature and perfect greenary view for units above 10th flr
    i would say Tanglin Park is no 1 choice for greenery and quietness.

Cool

silversea,costa del sol,seafront,aalto,belvedere,laguna park etc.. all have perfect sea view..i m sure their view will be permanent as there will be no more land reclaiming there n also no high rise being built in front of them..

any1 eyeing seascape? i must say the project looks vy impressive...the balconies r nicely shaped ....

the prices out of reach ....wished i got 6mio to burn

57 Cove Way #08-02
    99 Yrs From 09/06/2007
    $2840
    $9600k
    12 Jan 11
    59 Cove Way #07-18
    99 Yrs From 09/06/2007
    $2724
    $5922k
    15 Dec 10
    59 Cove Way #08-10
    99 Yrs From 09/06/2007
    $2838
    $11700k
    09 Nov 10

Jam: to be honest, for working execs, if their offices/businesses are located in town, the daily to/fro office travel time can be cut by at least 30 mins. No need to quote special days and/or cases. Just observe the highway. In the morning it's universally jammed in one direction, and in the evening it's the opposite direction.

Seaview/ greenery etc are personal i suppose. Those east coast sea view projects, dun they get ECP noise too ? A factor important to some but not the others. In this regard, bay view projects are nicer.

The main reason I like d10 is the higher density of greenery and lower density of ppl. If u ever go up to a very high rise building , u can see the d10 patch in general are much greener, and the number of buildings are much lesser. Other areas, for example east coast, are just a big patch of numerous white blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    Jam: to be honest, for working execs, if their offices/businesses are located in town, the daily to/fro office travel time can be cut by at least 30 mins. No need to quote special days and/or cases. Just observe the highway. In the morning it's universally jammed in one direction, and in the evening it's the opposite direction.

Seaview/ greenery etc are personal i suppose. Those east coast sea view projects, dun they get ECP noise too ? A factor important to some but not the others. In this regard, bay view projects are nicer.

The main reason I like d10 is the higher density of greenery and lower density of ppl. If u ever go up to a very high rise building , u can see the d10 patch in general are much greener, and the number of buildings are much lesser. Other areas, for example east coast, are just a big patch of numerous white blocks.
    Is RV d9 or d10? It sure feels like a concrete jungle to me.And the part of East Coast near MB and Suntec is very near the CBD too.I tend to agree with devil-old money prefers d9,10 because of the schools.Already improved connectivity is making a lot of areas more attractive.An ACS type school in another district will level the playing field even further.My 2 cents and would like to know what others think...

Not true lah, unless you are living on top of Lucky Plaza. As long as you are in the peripheral area and not along that main stretch of Orchard Road from CK Tang to Plaza Singapura, where got jam? There are many roads in and out of these peripheral areas. I am quite certain from what you said that you never lived around these prime Orchard areas before. (Some outlying ones may have jams, e.g. along upper stretch of Stevens Road but that is no longer considered Orchard areas ).

but stay orchard, wana goto other places....jammeddddd.....hehe

Not true lah, unless you are living on top of Lucky Plaza. As long as you are in the peripheral area and not along that main stretch of Orchard Road from CK Tang to Plaza Singapura, where got jam? There are many roads in and out of these peripheral areas. I am quite certain from what you said that you never lived around these prime Orchard areas before. (Some outlying ones may have jams, e.g. along upper stretch of Stevens Road but that is no longer considered Orchard areas ).
    No no no, from orchard to other place got jam! Stag already confirm. He jam from grand hyatt to west coast. Mid way still got to hide from jam.

Mid way hide from jam? That means that mid way is already way out of Orchard! From that mid way jam all the way to West Coast? Mmm, you did fish out some information yah. So trying to get into West Coast & within West Coast also badly jammed?

No no no, from orchard to other place got jam! Stag already confirm. He jam from grand hyatt to west coast. Mid way still got to hide from jam.

Talk abt jam will make pple lose appetite. Every damn place also jam at 1 point or another. We need to widen roads man. Everyday dig n put back is not contributing to $$$ well spend.

What a lazy sunday, Feel like having a cake at dempsy hill.... Hmmm

Widen roads? LTA just easily reduced the width of roads by 33% by designating the left-most lane as a bus lane which you all drivers cannot drive in!

Talk abt jam will make pple lose appetite. Every damn place also jam at 1 point or another. We need to widen roads man. Everyday dig n put back is not contributing to $$$ well spend.

yes, nvr stay prime prime orchard b4....

paterson area goodie?no jam? still eyeing wor

the only way to reduce jam is to maintain the current COE system.....but i still tink not gd enuff....shd reduce COE quotas further....cannot afford car....pls take buses or MRT or taxis.....SG is so small.....for every 1 more car on the road, we nid additional space for the parking lot....

as for MRT problems....pls hf some patience, more lines r opening up oredi....it takes time to build.....late is better den never

There are more good schools in D11 than D10. After all, only the Bukit Timah/Dunearn rd separates these two districts and the elite schools can be found on both sides of this divide. Looks like you people don't know which part is D10 and D11.

Good schools in D10: RGS, nanyang primary, hwa chong institution and henry park primary.

D11: ACS Primary, RGPS, SCGS, Nanyang Girls, NJC, SJI, SJIJ.

Takes one who has truly lived in the area to know. All you other guys are just talking cock.

no jam....err....u sure?

Last edited by orange; 27-03-11 at 16:31.

Quote Originally Posted by francophile
    Is RV d9 or d10? It sure feels like a concrete jungle to me.And the part of East Coast near MB and Suntec is very near the CBD too.I tend to agree with devil-old money prefers d9,10 because of the schools.Already improved connectivity is making a lot of areas more attractive.An ACS type school in another district will level the playing field even further.My 2 cents and would like to know what others think...

River Valley is a road that begins in D9 at the liang court area, extending west up to the Kim seng road divide, after which it becomes D10. The cut off for river valley is after the One Jervois condo, after which it becomes D3. Like i said, you need to actually live there to know which is which.

On schools in prime districts:

The only good school in D9 is ACS Junior at cairnhill.

The only good schools in D10 are RGS, NYPS, HCI and Henry Park.

The only good schools in D11 are RGPS, NJC, NYGH, SCGS, ACS pri, SJI, SJIJ.

Theoretically speaking, D11 is the one with most good schools.
    Last edited by orange; 27-03-11 at 16:35.

Stalingrad when was the jam? Which day? From what time to what time? I wanna check with LTA to verify if true and the reasons..... Coz I never encounter any jam on holland road before....