Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast

Thread: MY MANHATTAN - Simei Street 3 Condo by CEL Development

Sorry. I got confused reading some of the posting. I tot MM referring to mickey mouse when it is in fact toking abt My Manhattan...

Quote Originally Posted by beemer75
    MM is more expensive becos they were launched later (during an uprun in property prices) than DBR and developer probably paid more for the land.
    I dun see the link how the ppl staying in MM wld be "better" behaved compared to DBR. I wldnt be too far off to qualify that MM is also considered mass market and probably attracts majority HDB upgraders, just like DBR. Pay more (for mass condo) = better behaviour, less kiasu ????? Dun see the logic. (Though those in luxury condos may probably behave better)

Anyway I'm vested in DBR and if you do managed to get a unit there, we may be neighbours.

I m sure we will see all kinds of ppl in a condo. What I'm more worried is if the condo get "colonalised" disproportionately. What do I mean? Surely most of us hv heard of certain condos are overly occuppied by particular race, nationalities NOT PROPORTIONATE to their numbers in the whole of Spore population? HDB has race quota and I think it may be useful to consider hving something similar for condos. I;m not racist nor xenophobic and I think having a good variety of races, nationalities adds character to a place. But at the same time, disproportionate numbers will be unhealthy. You dun wish your truly Singapore Condo becomes a "mini-xxx". This is my fear. When owners start to feel disconnected seeing more and more of XXX, YYY in their condo,they decide to uproot and rent/sell and this will slowly but surely "worsen" the situation with even more XXX, YYY who are attracted to their own.

My friends say condo is pte and u cant stop who stays where, what stays where. True. I hope I dun end up renting out DBR and add to the "problem" that I just described.

MM is expensive bez CEL bid too high for the land, so the price is really not value for money but rather I am getting at the price difference must be great enough to filter off certain group. Being KS, most SG are very educated and propbably calculated that MM is not worth it. That is the effect i am looking at.

Like i said, i am buying a DBR unit again but i expect certain neg. aspect of living there, neighbour bringing their whole family from Opp HDB block over on a regular basis to use pool, gym, etc, u knoe, value for money. I am not rich, i stay in HDB too so basically what's the point of having everything cheap if eventually the feel is like living in a HDB unit opp. DBR.

I share you concern about mini-xxx, you can see that happening in 1 or 2 condo in simei already. Well, even if the unit in that condo goes dirt cheap, i will not buy, unless for investment. dun really have to explain this. i am no racist too, it is how people are brought up, i dun mind mini-jap, or even mini-prc, as they are rather cultured nowsdays beside being rich. i see parents letting their child jump from table to table in food court, how do u think these kids will grow up to be, give seats to elderly??? dun kid yourself, irony is i am not rich enough to go D9,10,11 so i am hoping to stay away from these mess in whatever way i can. Ask the security guard of all condo in simei, most will tell you the difficuties the face in a condo near DBR, not bez the people there are rich, it is the special power of ah kong that they are trying to impose.

just looking at this thread, i know MM is not certainly non-upgrader free, but i am sure lots of people that i do not want in MM has already indicated their intend.
    Last edited by felixlhh; 24-02-12 at 10:23.

for those who think i am rubbish, i am one of those upgraders that i am trying too stay away. i will be at DBR and i will attend AGM and see if everyone is happy. Soon monthly maintenence will keep increasing for unnessary repair or replacement, for sinking fund etc, pool side deck chair n table may need to be replace bez some joker think bez he pays for it he has the right to bring the chair to his balcony, like the NTUC trolley ... go to savannah, the chairs n tables beside the pool are now riverted to the ground .... for a reason of course.

For me, i will not be unhappy bez i know it's value for money price so i expect certain thing to happen.

if i stay in D9,D10,D11, my boss could be in there too, i'll be too ashame to bring NTUC trolley to my unit...... the price effect that i am looking at again.

btw, savannah is a better place to be now, all the KS sg has sold their unit, the foreigners here,m prc, korean, jap, ang mo are nice people to stay with.

MC gives out oranges every CNY, 1st 1-2 years, people rush for it, queue n re-queue to get more oranges, this year... no queue , no rush, enough oranges for everyone. Is oranges expensive comparing to condo prices?
    No, but why. maybe it's for luck & prosperity, so if left alone, jokers will bring the whole carton home within minutes...
    Last edited by felixlhh; 24-02-12 at 10:45.

i seriously doubt there is any difference between dbr and MM in term of 'atasness' to me both of them are mass market......same same ....

just tat one is overpriced relatively tats all

initially i tot MM is mickey mouse....wahahahahaha

Default re

nv stayed in a condo before. your narration of these "chao kuan" residents making me hving 3rd thoughts abt moving into DBR...hmmmmmm. looks like if one can afford and doesnt consider security guard, shared amenities a priority, staying in landed may be better?

speaking of condo security guard, i hv seen different stds. Some are really slack and will let any Tom Dick Harry in without any verification of the purpose. Just say here to do this, do that and they waive u off. Wonder why u pay for such "security".

Quote Originally Posted by felixlhh
    for those who think i am rubbish, i am one of those upgraders that i am trying too stay away. i will be at DBR and i will attend AGM and see if everyone is happy. Soon monthly maintenence will keep increasing for unnessary repair or replacement, for sinking fund etc, pool side deck chair n table may need to be replace bez some joker think bez he pays for it he has the right to bring the chair to his balcony, like the NTUC trolley ... go to savannah, the chairs n tables beside the pool are now riverted to the ground .... for a reason of course.

For me, i will not be unhappy bez i know it's value for money price so i expect certain thing to happen.

if i stay in D9,D10,D11, my boss could be in there too, i'll be too ashame to bring NTUC trolley to my unit...... the price effect that i am looking at again.

Is is not foregone case, if u stay at the right condo, you'll like it very much, it's the people that bulid the environment, not the finishing, the theme, the developers ...freehold or leasehold ...watever

First, i have no choice, u know stata title, bigger unit, more shares, more saying power,m ore voting rights. think penthhouse, sky patio units..

Second, most security guards are very OK or on the ball until , he ask a resident for his pass for entrry and the resident scolded him instead.... and as the days goes by... he is confused what or why the resident wants security so very s l o w l y ... he goes to sleep.

Third, security industry on the whole, this is true n happening, i caught a guard sleeping, we voted to change the security company, a better one triple AAA ratings and more expensive, then to your horrer, you see the same guard again, well there's no law preventing him to change company .....

so u think i am being nonsense to be so critical of ks sg? i am ks sg too, but to stay in a condo, everyone must have the mindset to take care of the property on the whole not just his/her unit. how to educate that, you can't learn that from school, SAF never state clearly NS men must carry his backpack, bez it is common sense, so again nothing wrong either asking the maid to carry, so dun blame that guy, blame the person who brought him up & supply the maid.

With all said and the relatively high price for this MM project, more new launches' relatively high price even after creative discount structure etc., this MM will slowly surely be sold-out. After that and nearer to TOP, nobody will remember the land bid price.
    Those facing south, in the middle blocks, and over the landed are the choice units. The feel and view should be very good.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    i seriously doubt there is any difference between dbr and MM in term of 'atasness' to me both of them are mass market......same same ....

just tat one is overpriced relatively tats all

initially i tot MM is mickey mouse....wahahahahaha
    you're right, in fact Suburbia = mass market, even watertown, my defination , expensive = 50% mass market/50% not, cheap=mass market, old cheap looking condo in D9-11, mass market? why it could be mass market not unique dispite being in good district, mass = more people can afford, not where the condo is , nothing to do with district .... my defination, anywhere where there is NTUC, shop n save=mass market, it's about price again. so i wouldn't mind paying extra if it serves a purpose.

i got confused too , sorry i thought mm = my manhatten.

Quote Originally Posted by latour
    With all said and the relatively high price for this MM project, more new launches' relatively high price even after creative discount structure etc., this MM will slowly surely be sold-out. After that and nearer to TOP, nobody will remember the land bid price.
    Those facing south, in the middle blocks, and over the landed are the choice units. The feel and view should be very good.
    agreed with you totally ..nobody will remember the land bid price,

it depends whether u r paying it with hard-earned money or easy money(lottery, invesment gain etc) easy come easy go

if i won toto, i could not bother if it is over price!

so is mahatten now mass market or unique despite being in Simei? there's not even enough mass to buy , 50% unsold units, how to be mass market when there is no mass, due t the price... end of the day, it is the price again. more expensive not in D9-11 i still dun classifid it as mass market, no mass, units unsold.

i dun want to be too critical of mm bez i can't afford not bez it's no good. people who bought MM has their reason. i dun want to be sour grapes..

Is is not foregone case, if u stay at the right condo, you'll like it very much, it's the people that bulid the environment, not the finishing, the theme, the developers ...freehold or leasehold ...watever

First, i have no choice, u know stata title, bigger unit, more shares, more saying power,m ore voting rights. think penthhouse, sky patio units..

Second, most security guards are very OK or on the ball until , he ask a resident for his pass for entrry and the resident scolded him instead.... and as the days goes by... he is confused what or why the resident wants security so very s l o w l y ... he goes to sleep.

Third, security industry on the whole, this is true n happening, i caught a guard sleeping, we voted to change the security company, a better one triple AAA ratings and more expensive, then to your horrer, you see the same guard again, well there's no law preventing him to change company .....

so u think i am being nonsense to be so critical of ks sg? i am ks sg too, but to stay in a condo, everyone must have the mindset to take care of the property on the whole not just his/her unit. how to educate that, you can't learn that from school, SAF never state clearly NS men must carry his backpack, bez it is common sense, so again nothing wrong either asking the maid to carry, so dun blame that guy, blame the person who brought him up & supply the maid.
    I fully agree with you. Its the occupants that makes the project. I actually think now it IS better to have a lot of prc, pinoys, russians, aussies or what not staying rather than locals the cheapskate types. You can spot them from 1km away making noise at the bbq even when its already past midnight and bringing their own darn extended heartlander families to use the pool every other day.

so is mahatten now mass market or unique despite being in Simei? there's not even enough mass to buy , 50% unsold units, how to be mass market when there is no mass, due t the price... end of the day, it is the price again. more expensive not in D9-11 i still dun classifid it as mass market, no mass, units unsold.

i dun want to be too critical of mm bez i can't afford not bez it's no good. people who bought MM has their reason. i dun want to be sour grapes..
    Its just one of those sigh projects. Wrong timing. Wrong price. Wrong marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    Its just one of those sigh projects. Wrong timing. Wrong price. Wrong marketing.
    There is some truth to this, however being long term investor (whether for own stay or rental income) one have to think of the real eventual potential in the appreciation growth in a particular location. There are reasons why ppl still buy into this MM project, although its slow in selling.

1 more sold at 1196psf in feb.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    1 more sold at 1196psf in feb.
    With all the new launches in OCR and highly prices /psf of Sky Habitat etc. etc. wonder how is Manhattan doing lately, anybody?

not sure about april.

but for mar, they sold a grand total of............*drum roll*......................

TWO!!!

at 1202 and 1230psf. project is now 45% sold.

With all the new launches in OCR and highly prices /psf of Sky Habitat etc. etc. wonder how is Manhattan doing lately, anybody?

2 more units at median of $1216/psf, this is also slowly creeping upwards.

Is there a phase II launch now going on, interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    double bay makes this unattractive! more space for db and abt same proximity to mrt (difference of 3mins by foot?)

Met an agent yesterday, he said developer very rich not in a hurry.. Jus release 50 units for sale and still holding 100..

Price about the same as first launched I noticed

One of the Selling point is multi-storey carpark coz it blocks the train noise.. Very interesting...

interesting that they release only 50.

Quote Originally Posted by hovivi
    Met an agent yesterday, he said developer very rich not in a hurry.. Jus release 50 units for sale and still holding 100..

Price about the same as first launched I noticed

One of the Selling point is multi-storey carpark coz it blocks the train noise.. Very interesting...
    the building is very close squeezing one another. buyer knows.
    looking at the top view of the layout reminds of frying satay.
    how to compete with other current projects. nobody wants
    to live in a stuffy enviroment.

Saw on the straits times report that they are considering a price reduction soon....

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Saw on the straits times report that they are considering a price reduction soon....
    waw... really? how much reduce in price?

Saw some orangetee booth at simei MRT. banner showing "from 7xx xxx" !!

Quote Originally Posted by graveyard
    Saw some orangetee booth at simei MRT. banner showing "from 7xx xxx" !!

Chey 7xxk must be those stack 22 23 560sqft 1 bedroom unit....not that much difference from the original launch price.

Maybe those underground #02-xx 2 bedders can sell 7xxk.

Chey 7xxk must be those stack 22 23 560sqft 1 bedroom unit....not that much difference from the original launch price.

Maybe those underground #02-xx 2 bedders can sell 7xxk.
    underground 2 bedders??? dats a sarcastic joke rite ?

orange tee marketing team on full force swarming simei mrt and pulling ppl into the teeny weeny new showroom behind the bus stop!!!

Quote Originally Posted by graveyard
    underground 2 bedders??? dats a sarcastic joke rite ?

orange tee marketing team on full force swarming simei mrt and pulling ppl into the teeny weeny new showroom behind the bus stop!!!
    Nice, did they manage to attract more people? How's the units launched in Phase 2 selling?

Nice, did they manage to attract more people? How's the units launched in Phase 2 selling?
    Hmm didnt really keep track of this project as i find it overpriced - though its super near to the mrt. the showroom was quite packed when i saw it but its not a big deal as the room is very tiny - a group of 7-8 ppl in the room is enough to make it look crowded. Maybe its hitting out on those who have missed DB

sorry to say, but i still think the development's name sucks. simei is no manhattan, period.