Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: Spottiswoode 18 by RL Developments, Freehold, District 2

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    600+ sqft can combine their WC into living room, not used can use as stool, used can draw a curtain around. This will help to squeeze in more space.
    Can also combine WC into kitchen. Basin double up as sink, WC double up as "well"... he he he...

Put a cover on top bathtub and its another bed. Add another joke, tv console can extend as another bed. So shiok rite?

Default Hong Kong architect turns shoebox apartment into 24 rooms

BE CENTRED BY ALL AT THE FRINGE OF THE CITY @

Somehow i have an affinity for the outlook of this project, barring layout of floorplans.

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    Somehow i have an affinity for the outlook of this project, barring layout of floorplans.
    Sama sama... Exterior not bad

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    mine always use water to spray...lol

ya i have seen it too

imagine you have clothes there and all the black water dripping around and on it ...

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Yah lor! Use air-con ledge to dry clothes? I use hose with those head that can have a strong spray to spray clean my air-con compressors! Their clothes got wet there is nothing I can do since that is the purpose of air-con ledge right? To hold air-con compressors only! Air-con compressors will sooner or later need servicing and cleaning!

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    be careful when u use the AC ledge to dry clothes

when the service aircon ... sometimes they use air jet to spray clean the compressor ..and the dust will fly and fall on your clothes ..

some even use water to spray
    mine always use water to spray...lol
    Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    ya i have seen it too

imagine you have clothes there and all the black water dripping around and on it ...

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    Given the good response for the SW Residences next door, there might be spill over demand.

In terms of walking distance to the MRT, i think anything less than 10mins will be jogging.

What kind of target audiences will appeal to this location? Sea view after PSA move out?

After PSA moves out the seaview might be blocked by new developments nearer the sea.

Quote Originally Posted by yantao
    Given the good response for the SW Residences next door, there might be spill over demand.

In terms of walking distance to the MRT, i think anything less than 10mins will be jogging.

What kind of target audiences will appeal to this location? Sea view after PSA move out?

But seriously, you will removed all your laundry 1st if you plan to hose off your aircons right?

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Yah lor! Use air-con ledge to dry clothes? I use hose with those head that can have a strong spray to spray clean my air-con compressors! Their clothes got wet there is nothing I can do since that is the purpose of air-con ledge right? To hold air-con compressors only! Air-con compressors will sooner or later need servicing and cleaning!
    BE CENTRED BY ALL AT THE FRINGE OF THE CITY @

Quote Originally Posted by Grimloq
    After PSA moves out the seaview might be blocked by new developments nearer the sea.
    Heard the park in front is also zoned as a residential area.
    For waterfront city, likely not much high-rise.

Not sure if Roxy will under price their units compared to UOL.
    If SW Residences all sold-out then unlikely. Facing for SW 18 seems better then UOL east/west facing.

Heard the park in front is also zoned as a residential area.
    For waterfront city, likely not much high-rise.

Not sure if Roxy will under price their units compared to UOL.
    If SW Residences all sold-out then unlikely. Facing for SW 18 seems better then UOL east/west facing.
    hard to say underprice anot....

agts indicated 7xxk...probably 1bedder starts from 2kpsf to probably 2.5kpsf....psf 100-200psf more den next door but quantum 300k cheaper for 596sqft vs 387sqft

the layout no gd and 387sqft really too small...was hoping they build 450-500sqft 1bedder with quantum around 8xxk

hard to say underprice anot....

agts indicated 7xxk...probably 1bedder starts from 2kpsf to probably 2.5kpsf....psf 100-200psf more den next door but quantum 300k cheaper for 596sqft vs 387sqft

the layout no gd and 387sqft really too small...was hoping they build 450-500sqft 1bedder with quantum around 8xxk
    If people are buying for investment purposes, a studio rent out by SW Residences (500 sqf) and SW 18 (387 sqf).
    Monthly there should be a difference of $500 bucks due to the loan quantum.
    Of course, excluding people buying at full cash.

I think both projects are overpriced. I live near this area and it can be quite dodgy at night. It doesn't have a pleasant feel. For investment purpose there are completed condos selling at 1800-2000 psf near orchard or river valley that can yield 4%.

If people are buying for investment purposes, a studio rent out by SW Residences (500 sqf) and SW 18 (387 sqf).
    Monthly there should be a difference of $500 bucks due to the loan quantum.
    Of course, excluding people buying at full cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimloq
    I think both projects are overpriced. I live near this area and it can be quite dodgy at night. It doesn't have a pleasant feel. For investment purpose there are completed condos selling at 1800-2000 psf near orchard or river valley that can yield 4%.
    Yeah, was there to take a look around.
    Esp the part of walking in from Outram Road, the rows of shop-houses, seems old. But for people who drives, it doesn't matter much or male tenants.

People might just be buying into the area as it's due for renewal. Just outside CBD. Freehold and rising land prices.

I visited the area a few days ago and here's my comments:

From brochure: 1 bedder layout seems okay to me and the finishings are good. From observing at nearby 24th floor HDB block: Units facing the sea are *extremely* noisy due to the double stack traffic of AYE and Keppel road. You will see tonnes of container cranes at the wharf and heavy shipping activities in the sea. Totally no sea view for the next 15 years until the sea front area gets developed. The noise will be permanent though.

I guess city view might be slightly better but the neighbouring condos are also very old and new ones might block your views. Walking to Somerset MRT will take you 20 min. Not much amenities except a coffee shop at the very old HDB block 10 min walk away...

From the brochure, I can see the living room is 1.5 times of a queen size bed !! Which means you are viewing your tv placed at the foot of the bed while you are sitting at the bed head. And anything more than 14", you will be giddy. Anyone notice that? And also, the room can only fit a queen size bed which means it is like a capsule. No room for an addition table.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    I visited the area a few days ago and here's my comments:

From brochure: 1 bedder layout seems okay to me and the finishings are good. From observing at nearby 24th floor HDB block: Units facing the sea are *extremely* noisy due to the double stack traffic of AYE and Keppel road. You will see tonnes of container cranes at the wharf and heavy shipping activities in the sea. Totally no sea view for the next 15 years until the sea front area gets developed. The noise will be permanent though.

I guess city view might be slightly better but the neighbouring condos are also very old and new ones might block your views. Walking to Somerset MRT will take you 20 min. Not much amenities except a coffee shop at the very old HDB block 10 min walk away...

Quote Originally Posted by Squall8888
    From the brochure, I can see the living room is 1.5 times of a queen size bed !! Which means you are viewing your tv placed at the foot of the bed while you are sitting at the bed head. And anything more than 14", you will be giddy. Anyone notice that? And also, the room can only fit a queen size bed which means it is like a capsule. No room for an addition table.
    I see the floor plan already feeling claustrophobic liaoz.

Feels like that starwars movie where they were trapped in the rubbish dump with the walls closing up and squeezing them.

Walking to Somerset MRT will take you 20 min.
    ur legs so long?

Quote Originally Posted by maisonjai
    ur legs so long?
    Leisurely walk + wait at traffic lights...

Shd try walking to outram mrt rite? 10min ?

Oops typo, should be Outram MRT. Anyway the noise is really quite bad. You cannot really hear that at the site because it is blocked by the small hill and trees. Just climb up to one of the HDB point blocks near there and you will know what I mean. Unless you have plans for air-con whole day.

Oops typo, should be Outram MRT. Anyway the noise is really quite bad. You cannot really hear that at the site because it is blocked by the small hill and trees. Just climb up to one of the HDB point blocks near there and you will know what I mean. Unless you have plans for air-con whole day.
    Interesting. Seems like the higher the building, more traffic sounds will be echoed off.

H88 has done a review on this SW18. Seems very positive, maybe vested interests.
    http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Spotti...hits+the+city/

The website is evolving into something like propertyguru, which needs a lot of agent support... Last time its reviews used to be more impartial, such as for Vision.

At first I thought of booking one unit as I live nearby. But after staying at the point block for 5 min to get a view, and driving around the area for another 5 min to assess the amenities and distance to the MRT, my views changed.

I'm not willing to wait another 15 years after the condo TOP for the Tanjong Pagar terminal to shift away and the area gets redeveloped.

The website is evolving into something like propertyguru, which needs a lot of agent support... Last time its reviews used to be more impartial, such as for Vision.

At first I thought of booking one unit as I live nearby. But after staying at the point block for 5 min to get a view, and driving around the area for another 5 min to assess the amenities and distance to the MRT, my views changed.

I'm not willing to wait another 15 years after the condo TOP for the Tanjong Pagar terminal to shift away and the area gets redeveloped.
    Depends on your purchasing objective, if for self-stay then you are looking at immediate moving in upon TOP. PSA not going to move anytime before 2017 and at least another 5-10yrs before the location is re-developed.

With a longer time-frame of 20-30yrs, since it's a FH, the redevelopment of the area should bring it up to it's real value.

If I don't like to stay in it myself, I don't really expect my tenant to do so. Anyway, my risk appetite is quite low and I feel that it is quite dangerous to buy at this high price. So I'm not going to get a unit so soon. Just kay po that day and visited the area.

If I don't like to stay in it myself, I don't really expect my tenant to do so. Anyway, my risk appetite is quite low and I feel that it is quite dangerous to buy at this high price. So I'm not going to get a unit so soon. Just kay po that day and visited the area.
    when duxton hit new high.. this may seem like a bargain then.

The best layout is the 1+ study units, wonder how much are those?

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    The best layout is the 1+ study units, wonder how much are those?
    Heard SW 18 launch delayed until the 18th Jan instead of the 11th.

Anyone thinks that SW 18 will be a sellout project? If the quantum is 7XX K, seems tempting even though it is small size unit. Capital appreciation is good?