Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Casa Merah (D16, 99 yr LH, Wing Tai/NTUC)

Quote Originally Posted by Unreg
    Yup, I called the developer TID and they will probably launch in mid 2009.
    I think they are building the showroom now.

If price is right, I will get from them as Casa merah is a big estate, I prefer a smaller estate
    Can I have the number that you called? I also got some info I want to clarify. Like is it really just 37 units.

Default TID

Hi

sorry, I lost the number but if you passby the condo site, you will see sales phone number on the signboard

Default No more bargain

Quote Originally Posted by noblebaby
    to be honest, wait long long....
    Yah, those who are looking for bargain wait long long. DBSS Simei 5 room HDB (117sqm), 3 bus stops from MRT, selling like hot cakes above 520-575k (plus stamp fees will be 600k). Do you think you can get a 99-year condo near MRT for 600k ?

Quote Originally Posted by jitkiat
    Yah, those who are looking for bargain wait long long. DBSS Simei 5 room HDB (117sqm), 3 bus stops from MRT, selling like hot cakes above 520-575k (plus stamp fees will be 600k). Do you think you can get a 99-year condo near MRT for 600k ?
    hmm.. u must be a seller. do you know quartz has 2+1 over 1000 sq feet sold at 610k? casa merah 2 bedroom is still possible for $600k. it's a small place anyway with a balcony. those can wait, just wait.

Quote Originally Posted by jitkiat
    what kind of reasoning is this?!?!?!?! just because DBSS 5 rm HDB sell for 575k, condo cannot sell for 600k????

this is the kind of stupid reasoning that gave rise to the property bubble: "oh because so-and-so condo down the road is launching at $2000 psf, our condo must also be selling at somewhere around there, oh maybe $100 psf more because our condo is better or location better, etc whatever it is our condo cannot be selling lower than that condo"

you forgot the possibility of condo owner being in deep shit, cannot tahan loan liao, must throw liao, business fail liao, die die must sell liao, etc which i predict wil happen to many soon..

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anus
    what kind of reasoning is this?!?!?!?! just because DBSS 5 rm HDB sell for 575k, condo cannot sell for 600k????

this is the kind of stupid reasoning that gave rise to the property bubble: "oh because so-and-so condo down the road is launching at $2000 psf, our condo must also be selling at somewhere around there, oh maybe $100 psf more because our condo is better or location better, etc whatever it is our condo cannot be selling lower than that condo"

you forgot the possibility of condo owner being in deep shit, cannot tahan loan liao, must throw liao, business fail liao, die die must sell liao, etc which i predict wil happen to many soon..
    I don't know WTF you wrote.. but your nick sure is funny..

that's another term for one who is anal retentive
    Quote Originally Posted by WolleyDragon
    I don't know WTF you wrote.. but your nick sure is funny..

This financial crisis will not turn around so soon.

In the next few months we will see more people losing jobs, especially the high earners. Companies restructuring, employees paycut, consumer's confidence low, bankers unwilling to give out loans etc will affect market sentiments.

Cash rich owners with holding power can tie over this difficult time. Owners who are in distress will have to throw towel to cut lost. It's a waiting game between seller and buyer. The winner will be the last man standing.

Quote Originally Posted by shespawn
    hmm.. u must be a seller. do you know quartz has 2+1 over 1000 sq feet sold at 610k? casa merah 2 bedroom is still possible for $600k. it's a small place anyway with a balcony. those can wait, just wait.
    Double Bay Residences oso has one 2-bedroom unit selling for 600k, 4th floor, facing Simei Green multi-storey carpark blocked by a tree ... go ahead and grep your 600k condo now before it is too late !!!

And you are dead wrong, I am an HDB upgrader.

Any agents out there has lobang for 2 bedrooms at $600k? Pls pm me. tks.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Label
    This financial crisis will not turn around so soon.

In the next few months we will see more people losing jobs, especially the high earners. Companies restructuring, employees paycut, consumer's confidence low, bankers unwilling to give out loans etc will affect market sentiments.

Cash rich owners with holding power can tie over this difficult time. Owners who are in distress will have to throw towel to cut lost. It's a waiting game between seller and buyer. The winner will be the last man standing.
    This scenario has been in play since end 2008...

Right now, it basically depends on your own/agent's negotiation skills in getting that elusive apartment that is within your comfort price range.

Happy scouting..

Default Casa Merah

Those who can wait, wait
    Those who cannot wait then buy now.

My advise is try to hold your purchase until close to TOP near Oct 09.
    Owner with little holding power will need to sell their unit.

I hear there are some owners that buy a few units at casa merah hoping to make a profit by flip'g them. These pple will have to dump some of the units if they fail to secure loan when TOP

Question

hi, does anyone know the details of the fittings and materials used for this condo? for example, what is the tiles used for living room, bedroom etc? i know the master bedroom has walk-in wardrobe.

Default Casa Merah

Anyone here check what is the bank valuation or indication range for casa merah? Can share the information?

Those who can wait, wait
    Those who cannot wait then buy now.

My advise is try to hold your purchase until close to TOP near Oct 09.
    Owner with little holding power will need to sell their unit.

I hear there are some owners that buy a few units at casa merah hoping to make a profit by flip'g them. These pple will have to dump some of the units if they fail to secure loan when TOP
    Precisely. I asked some of the owners early last year and they asked at least 720k for a 2 bedroom. I simply looked elsewhere.

from what i observed, there are a lot of people trying to get rid of their units despite the economic downturn. i believe that most may not have a choice but interestingly, there is quite a lot of buyers keen in this project who helped to keep the price up.

it is now a waiting game between buyers and sellers now. i am also keen in casa merah but i think the price is rather unrealistic at the moment. for the same price, i can get a unit in new launches at better locations, but of course i have to wait a few years before TOP.

Why not wait for the upcoming one opp casa merah?

Quote Originally Posted by venus
    Why not wait for the upcoming one opp casa merah?
    i am waiting to see what it can offer. the downside is it may be too near to the mrt tracks. wonder whether it will be too noisy.

yeah it's gonna be noisy. Must see the design and choose a unit furthest away i guess. It's a gd thing to hv the mrt stn at your doorstep though

yeah it's gonna be noisy. Must see the design and choose a unit furthest away i guess. It's a gd thing to hv the mrt stn at your doorstep though
    it's certainly best to be located near the mrt. can't expect everyone in the family to drive a car. i stood at casa merah site before and i can hear the mrt despite the construction noise. i think it is a trade off for staying near the mrt, unless the mrt is underground.

i believe a gd siteplan design will help to keep the noise out a little....or at least at a more bearable level. Just like how DBR put a 5 storey high waterfall to drown out the mrt sound....

oh, i didn't know that is the function of the waterfall. i must say the waterfall is pretty impressive. i wonder whether that translates to higher monthly maintenance.

I did the same thing as u at DBR to see if can hear the mrt. I actually find it quite bearable....with the waterfall should be quite alright. Think maintenance fee is below $300 for 3bedrms and smaller...not too bad. However i was bothered by something else which was even more noisy.....airplanes!!

I did the same thing as u at DBR to see if can hear the mrt. I actually find it quite bearable....with the waterfall should be quite alright. Think maintenance fee is below $300 for 3bedrms and smaller...not too bad. However i was bothered by something else which was even more noisy.....airplanes!!
    yup..agree..u will not miss e airplanes over there...

Anyone here check what is the bank valuation or indication range for casa merah? Can share the information?
    Bank valuation about $640 to $660 psf. Check with 3 banks.
    Owners asking >$700 psf

Default Casa merah

Quote Originally Posted by hkching
    Bank valuation about $640 to $660 psf. Check with 3 banks.
    Owners asking >$700 psf
    Wow that's a big difference. I will only buy at bank's valuation else will drop casa merah from my shortlisted list

Wow that's a big difference. I will only buy at bank's valuation else will drop casa merah from my shortlisted list
    yup agree...for the current market,buyer will most likely buy at bank valuation...

Any1 selling stack 9 or 10 for Casa Merah? I have a buyer. please send a pm. Thanks!

As far as i know, the sellers knew the plot of land in front of Casa Merah is going to be launched by TID at a price of 700psf+.

Therefore, all of them are adjusting their asking price to above 700psf. Now waiting for bank valuation to catch up.

Those who needs to flip it has already done so, according to some agents.

Anyway the plot by TID is 293 units, 14 storey condo. Just called them last week. The plot of land is like 1/2 of Casa Merah.

thanks for your info. initially i thought the new launch will be rather small but 293 units is considered big.

casa merah is nice but i wouldn't buy above bank valuation too.