Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: Casa Merah (D16, 99 yr LH, Wing Tai/NTUC)

Default Re: Casa Merah (D16, 99 yr LH, Wing Tai/NTUC)

Quote Originally Posted by anti-daredevil
    Daredevil is either a rich man who bought sims residences, casa merah and other porperties, or he is a bloodly property agent trying to hype up these places.
    I believe the creators of this forum intended the sharing of knowledge,where the combined insights of everyone easily surpasses that of an individual. Having said that, having a couple of properties doesn't necessarily mean I am rich. If u read investment books, its the power of leverage (OPM - Other people's money) that makes this possible - but I am not there yet.

When you buy a piece of property, you make the profits at the TIME you buy it, not only when you sell it. I am fortunate to have bought a unit at the first launch $600 per sq ft (I have already made a profit - but I intend to keep the property and not to flip it).

BY providing everyone with the detailed info on UNSW, and making sense of how the Tanah Merah & Expo MRT are linked is a value-add and my contribution to this forum. You may not appreciate it - and call it mere hype. But others might find the info useful.

Research is key to making good investment decisions - but I alone cannot do it... if everyone pitches in and shares insights, we can all make money together.

I can understand why people are crazy about Casa Merah, because of the pent-up demand and the fact there hasn't been many new developments in that area.

(putting your generalised comments aside) For those who are genuinely interested about this development, I was told that there's going to be 2 new developments infront of the MRT - a condo (in front of East Meadows) and a retail commercial space (directly infront of casa merah).

Unregistered Guest

please do not do personal attacks and leave judgement to fellow forum users.

Daredevil is either a rich man who bought sims residences, casa merah and other porperties, or he is a bloodly property agent trying to hype up these places.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    MRT at your doorstep.. Its good only if it is an underground one like Newton, Novena or those along North east line.
    Dun forget underground MRT means your condo carpark will have to be above ground multi story, like HDB car park.

chill out bro Guest

I appreciate Daredevil's views. While people may have divided opinions to his views, Daredevil comes across as refreshing and his unconventional arguments do add another dimension to the discussion.

I think Daredevil has fleshed out and outlined his arguments very thoughtfully, and they surely do deserve some consideration.

Peace.

Thiswebsitefullofagents Guest

Property agents like daredevil are very smart @ pretending to be a information provider. daredevil should be renamed as the 1%man is you know what i mean.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Thiswebsitefullofagents
    Property agents like daredevil are very smart @ pretending to be a information provider. daredevil should be renamed as the 1%man is you know what i mean.
    Hi,

If you think his opinions are rubbish, why don't you try to refute them in a civilised fashion? Instead of resorting to ad hominem attacks against his character.

I think most of us here are open to opposing views from all angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Thiswebsitefullofagents
    For the record, I am not a property agent. Just a normal Web netizen keen to share - and keen to learn from everyone (and from what I read, there are a few experts out there).

I would gladly take my opinions elsewhere if other users feel the same way.

For posting my analysis and opinions, people have insulted me by calling me names. At least, I have made a step forward...

joe Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Daredevil
    Anyone else know what else they are going to build near by? I bought a unit at Casa Merah. Was told that the strip directly in front has been earmarked for a retail development.
    Yes I was told also that the strip in front will have retail space for a supermarket (no prizes for guessing which one! ) and maybe some eateries (?). I am also interested in the existing condos nearby, The Tanamera and East Meadows, as an alternative.

seow Guest

Went to casa merah showflat, 1500+sqft the agent quote over a mil. Crazy siah. Its also a 99yrs.

Bypasser Guest

For the record, I am not a property agent. Just a normal Web netizen keen to share - and keen to learn from everyone (and from what I read, there are a few experts out there).

I would gladly take my opinions elsewhere if other users feel the same way.

For posting my analysis and opinions, people have insulted me by calling me names. At least, I have made a step forward...

Relax lah! Ignore them lah.

About 50 odd units left!Underground carpark sweet.

Plot of land infront 3.0 on MasterPlan 2003.Zoned for commercial.Will it block the view of Casa Merah? which is 12 storeys only.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DRSG
    Plot of land infront 3.0 on MasterPlan 2003.Zoned for commercial.Will it block the view of Casa Merah? which is 12 storeys only.
    If block, even better. Who wants to see the MRT station and track?

Ya you got a point there cheers.

It probably will. But look at it this way... there will be 2 developments in front of East Meadows and Casah Merah. One is probably going to be another condo, the other - a commercial plot. I'd rather it be the commercial plot (which is the case).

Having said that, let's do an analysis of all the MRT stations near by from Bedok to Pasir Res. Bedok, Simei, Tampines, Pasir Res all have commercial developments (and shopping centres) - all, except Tanah Merah. I think we can expect to have some kind of shopping centre / supermarket to serve the area - and we are talking about a relatively large area that covers the neighbourhood (behind Casah Merah)- and all around. Check out the area it would serve : from Simpang Bedok to Bedok Rise/Terrace/Kew to Bedok South, Upper East Coast to Bedok North St 4 area - all within walking distance
    http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_...mode=1&level=4

If we model it around Simei, Tampines or Pasir Res, we can expect a reasonable size shopping centre... but until we see which developer bought the land, we can only speculate at this point. Nevertheless, if you consider the profile of the housing residence, and the high density of private houses in the estate (semi-detached, terrace houses, bungalows too), it wouldn't be difficult for any developer to see the huge potential and sniff out the high income earners, which in turn should shape their development strategy. That, in my opinion, differentiates this from the other shopping centers targeted mainly at HDBs.

- with this kind of potential and its subseqent impact on the future valuation of Casah Merah, it would be a small price to pay in not being able to see the MRT station. Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by seow
    Went to casa merah showflat, 1500+sqft the agent quote over a mil. Crazy siah. Its also a 99yrs.
    OMFG!

verbatin Guest

Daredevil,

I rather get a Freehold at Geylang (refer to your thread on geylang properties) at a cheaper price.

this one is 99 yr only. one year depreciation is easily more than 5k!

---

It probably will. But look at it this way... there will be 2 developments in front of East Meadows and Casah Merah. One is probably going to be another condo, the other - a commercial plot. I'd rather it be the commercial plot (which is the case).

Having said that, let's do an analysis of all the MRT stations near by from Bedok to Pasir Res. Bedok, Simei, Tampines, Pasir Res all have commercial developments (and shopping centres) - all, except Tanah Merah. I think we can expect to have some kind of shopping centre / supermarket to serve the area - and we are talking about a relatively large area that covers the neighbourhood (behind Casah Merah)- and all around. Check out the area it would serve : from Simpang Bedok to Bedok Rise/Terrace/Kew to Bedok South, Upper East Coast to Bedok North St 4 area - all within walking distance
    http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_...mode=1&level=4

If we model it around Simei, Tampines or Pasir Res, we can expect a reasonable size shopping centre... but until we see which developer bought the land, we can only speculate at this point. Nevertheless, if you consider the profile of the housing residence, and the high density of private houses in the estate (semi-detached, terrace houses, bungalows too), it wouldn't be difficult for any developer to see the huge potential and sniff out the high income earners, which in turn should shape their development strategy. That, in my opinion, differentiates this from the other shopping centers targeted mainly at HDBs.

- with this kind of potential and its subseqent impact on the future valuation of Casah Merah, it would be a small price to pay in not being able to see the MRT station. Just my 2 cents.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by verbatin
    Daredevil,

I rather get a Freehold at Geylang (refer to your thread on geylang properties) at a cheaper price.

---
    In a flat market, yes. But the market is rising.....

Quote Originally Posted by verbatin
    Daredevil,

---

You forgot the 1st law on buying properties.Location...

Unregistered Guest

ya geylang is a good location
    so near to city and many good food

You forgot the 1st law on buying properties.Location...

Geylang Guest

Geylang is a place or sex and good food. That is all. Nothing else is there.

Curious Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Geylang
    Geylang is a place or sex and good food. That is all. Nothing else is there.

What project in 16 is launching after Casa Merah?

Unregistered Guest

Congratulations! Casa Merah is 100% SOLD as at 14 May 2007.

Congratulations! Casa Merah is 100% SOLD as at 14 May 2007.
    Thanx for the news. BTW, I almost fell off my chair when I returned from a business trip and was told by my wife that my agent called up and asked if we were willing to sell our Casa Merah unit (1384 sq ft) for $750 sq ft. We bought it at the first launch price of $590 sq ft.

So fellow investors out there, should I sell or hold on? Pls offer your recommendations...

My usual investment strategy is to hold a property for long term and go for rental income. In this case, my target price was $750 sq ft to be reached by 2010 TOP - i.e 2 yrs time. But ironically, it reached this target price in only 2 month after I bought it. Opinions pls.

biggie biggie Guest

Congrats Daredevil!

My opinion is that you should sell at what you think is the peak. Rental income from suburban condos are not promising when the downturn comes around.

Just my $0.02.

Thanx for the news. BTW, I almost fell off my chair when I returned from a business trip and was told by my wife that my agent called up and asked if we were willing to sell our Casa Merah unit (1384 sq ft) for $750 sq ft. We bought it at the first launch price of $590 sq ft.

So fellow investors out there, should I sell or hold on? Pls offer your recommendations...

My usual investment strategy is to hold a property for long term and go for rental income. In this case, my target price was $750 sq ft to be reached by 2010 TOP - i.e 2 yrs time. But ironically, it reached this target price in only 2 month after I bought it. Opinions pls.

Unregistered Guest

Did the agent say if buyers are willing to buy at $750psf tho? Many times agents will tempt you to allow them to market yr unit exclusively.

Did the agent say if buyers are willing to buy at $750psf tho? Many times agents will tempt you to allow them to market yr unit exclusively.
    The agent is a friend of mine - and there is already a prospective buyer looking at it... I checked the classified ads. Looks like $750 psf is now the asking price for Casah Merah...

I welcome more recommendations. Sell or hold?

I will hold till the plot of land infront is offered for sale.Is a commercial plot.It will be > 800psf if they build a shopping centre there.

Unregistered Guest

The agent is a friend of mine - and there is already a prospective buyer looking at it... I checked the classified ads. Looks like $750 psf is now the asking price for Casah Merah...

I welcome more recommendations. Sell or hold?
    Those are asking prices, sellers can ask for high prices, but can it be sold??
    If there is a prospective buyer willing to buy at that price. I will go for it, make a cool 200K gross profit, that is 120% ROI. Anyway $750 psf is your target price. It hit your target. Then you should sell. Don't be greedy. That is my personal opinion.

Unregistered Guest

you brought to stay or for investment?
    For investment, have 100% profit, sell.
    To stay, have 100% profit, aslo sell. Then buy next door condo tanamera crescent, it is much cheaper.