Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Casa Merah (D16, 99 yr LH, Wing Tai/NTUC)

Quote Originally Posted by ras
    thanks for your info. initially i thought the new launch will be rather small but 293 units is considered big.

casa merah is nice but i wouldn't buy above bank valuation too.
    how is casa merah compare to east meadow in term on environment and facilities and design ? exclude the age of condo.

Quote Originally Posted by Douk
    how is casa merah compare to east meadow in term on environment and facilities and design ? exclude the age of condo.
    I've been looking at Casa Merah for over a year. Just got my 3 bedder unit today so sharing my experience.

For facing, all the north facing units will have evening west sun, including those high floor units facing the main pool. Those facing the landed properties will be the worst hit. Those stacks facing the MRT station will be blocked by the upcoming condo development Balcon East, which is 14 stories high (casa merah is only 12 storey).

It does have full condo facilities and near to Tanah Merah MRT. Can also access PIE and ECP easily. With the upcoming commercial property in front, it will be very convienient. Add to the fact that EXPO is nearby and the 4th university will be there. Potential rental market if economy picks up.

The only thing I notice at East Meadows is that the carpark is multistory while Casa Merah on is underground. Safer for the kids and less noise pollution. Casa Merah is also nearer to Simpang Bedok where you can shop for groceries.

As for price, I think it will drop coming nearer to TOP, but not by a lot. If you looking at Casa Merah for investment, then maybe can wait a while. But if you buy for own stay, you can consider acting soon as good units are being snapped up. Just see the number of caveat lodged in April. I forsee only low floor units or 2 bedders units will be available when TOP comes.

Anyway, just my 2 cents worth.
    Last edited by hkching; 03-05-09 at 23:19.

happy with ur buy? Congrats on ur buy in a cock location
    Quote Originally Posted by hkching
    I've been looking at Casa Merah for over a year. Just got my 3 bedder unit today so sharing my experience.

For facing, all the north facing units will have evening west sun, including those high floor units facing the main pool. Those facing the landed properties will be the worst hit. Those stacks facing the MRT station will be blocked by the upcoming condo development Balcon East, which is 14 stories high (casa merah is only 12 storey).

It does have full condo facilities and near to Tanah Merah MRT. Can also access PIE and ECP easily. With the upcoming commercial property in front, it will be very convienient. Add to the fact that EXPO is nearby and the 4th university will be there. Potential rental market if economy picks up.

The only thing I notice at East Meadows is that the carpark is multistory while Casa Merah on is underground. Safer for the kids and less noise pollution. Casa Merah is also nearer to Simpang Bedok where you can shop for groceries.

As for price, I think it will drop coming nearer to TOP, but not by a lot. If you looking at Casa Merah for investment, then maybe can wait a while. But if you buy for own stay, you can consider acting soon as good units are being snapped up. Just see the number of caveat lodged in April. I forsee only low floor units or 2 bedders units will be available when TOP comes.

Default Price

Hi, can share how much you paid and your bank valuation? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    If you have nothing better to contribute please get off this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by cloudy78
    If you have nothing better to contribute please get off this forum.
    have anyone ever consider D' Manor ? its even nearer to MRT ... cluster landed ... for a 2400 sqft -ish i believe its only 1.1 mio

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    have anyone ever consider D' Manor ? its even nearer to MRT ... cluster landed ... for a 2400 sqft -ish i believe its only 1.1 mio
    If you have more than 1 mil budget, you can get a good bargain like D'Manor. The problem is for most HDB upgraders, 1 million is beyond reach. It is pretty obvious that most projects which sold out recently has absolute quantum below 900k. I believe most developers will consider reconfigure their yet-to-launced projects into smaller flats to entice the HDB upgraders.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    Why wanna make such insensible comment? Wat an insensible fellow.

Congratulation ! You finally found your dream home

Ya.. pretty happy with my purchase. The price a bit high (abt $690 psf) but I did get a good price for my existing HDB EA so even out a bit. Also got a 10th floor unit so cannot complain.

Anyway, location is a subjective thing. I regard Tanah Merah as good cos I can see potential, and also my parents stay in Tampines. Not much condo development in these areas.

Congrats on finding a place you like... location wise don't be bothered by foolish, childish comments. Everyone has their own needs and a desired location, but again, thats beyond a kid's mentality to understand.

690psf is indeed a bit on the high side but since you sell (HDB) high buy (condo) high, think its still worth it la, esp if its a stack that you like.

i apologise :doh

Ya.. pretty happy with my purchase. The price a bit high (abt $690 psf) but I did get a good price for my existing HDB EA so even out a bit. Also got a 10th floor unit so cannot complain.

Anyway, location is a subjective thing. I regard Tanah Merah as good cos I can see potential, and also my parents stay in Tampines. Not much condo development in these areas.
    congrats on your purchase. I was aiming casa merah from the start of the launch till beginning this year. Finally i just gave up and bought double bay because i'm still keeping my HDB flat, so don't want to pay high price for casa merah. 690psf is abit high, but it's 10th flooor, and probably a good stack too.

Quote Originally Posted by shespawn
    congrats on your purchase. I was aiming casa merah from the start of the launch till beginning this year. Finally i just gave up and bought double bay because i'm still keeping my HDB flat, so don't want to pay high price for casa merah. 690psf is abit high, but it's 10th flooor, and probably a good stack too.
    At 690psf, can get a decent 3-room in Double Bay, WFW or Kovan Residences as well, all quite near to Tampines. May be the buyer wants to move in this year so cannot wait.

yup you are right. I need to move in this year cos I just sold my place.
    If i didn't sell my place, I would have bought WFW. Went to see DoubleBay and Kovan Residence too but their TOP too late. My kid will already be in P1 when they TOP.

yup you are right. I need to move in this year cos I just sold my place.
    If i didn't sell my place, I would have bought WFW. Went to see DoubleBay and Kovan Residence too but their TOP too late. My kid will already be in P1 when they TOP.
    I rec'd a few SMSes from Agents selling Casa Merah at stack 11, 8th floor, 1238 sqft at $658 psf.. why didn't you consider this unit??

Paying $690 psf is pretty high price to pay.. were the bank able to meet your valuation?

Quote Originally Posted by WolleyDragon
    I rec'd a few SMSes from Agents selling Casa Merah at stack 11, 8th floor, 1238 sqft at $658 psf.. why didn't you consider this unit??

Paying $690 psf is pretty high price to pay.. were the bank able to meet your valuation?
    Blk 54 Stack 11 will get West Sun la.

No View at all.

at the end of the day, he's buying for his own stay and selling his HDB to pay for it so even if bank don't meet his valuation, he's not in a bad position.

the 2 bedroom unit in casa merah, were above 720k just because of pool facing. so i guess his unit could be one of the popular units too.

So why don't you consider this unit too?

To be honest, I did considered the stacks facing the landed properties. Facing north and unblock is appealing. However, I went down one evening at around 5pm and realized that all the stacks have west sun, esp those stacks closer to East Meadows. I dun want my place to be warm everyday when I come home from work.

Therefore, I changed my mind to look for stacks facing the reflective pool. My agent told me that the stacks that I like were all launched in phase 3.

I also did consider stack 29, which is actually bigger at 1281 sqft. But realized that I'm paying more for more bay windows and a thick fat pillar in the MBR.

I guess it up to individual as to which unit is good. The fact that Casa Merah is fully sold out means that there's always a unit that someone likes.

Anyone want to consider stack 25 (1259sqft)? Storey 8 is available and got view to the MRT as well as pool view. Owner asking $700psf. Liked the unit but out of my budget.

The banks are processing my application now. Will get to know within these 2 days on their valuation. Anyway my agent was pretty confident that the banks can meet it. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Property_Owner
    So why don't you consider this unit too?
    I know Stack 11 Storey 2 is selling at $615psf. Even better.

The banks are processing my application now. Will get to know within these 2 days on their valuation. Anyway my agent was pretty confident that the banks can meet it. We'll see.
    So which bank you approached?

Maybank has an interesting 3 yr fixed rates package..1st Yr 1.6%, 2nd Yr 2.2% & 3rd 2.9% (not sure abt 3rd yr)

So which bank you approached?

Maybank has an interesting 3 yr fixed rates package..1st Yr 1.6%, 2nd Yr 2.2% & 3rd 2.9% (not sure abt 3rd yr)
    I'm looking at Citibank and HSBC. Citibank rate is SIBOR + 1.25% with choice of 1,3,6 and 12mth SIBOR. If you choose 3mth SIBOR, you can change to other SIBOR rate after fulfilling the 3mth. I like the flexibility to play with the rates. If rates seem to go up, I will take 6 or 12 mth SIBOR to lock in the rate. However, comes with 1 yr lock-in.

HSBC is 3mth SIBOR + 1.3%. No lock in. But I think HSBC can match my valuation.

I'm looking at Citibank and HSBC. Citibank rate is SIBOR + 1.25% with choice of 1,3,6 and 12mth SIBOR. If you choose 3mth SIBOR, you can change to other SIBOR rate after fulfilling the 3mth. I like the flexibility to play with the rates. If rates seem to go up, I will take 6 or 12 mth SIBOR to lock in the rate. However, comes with 1 yr lock-in.

HSBC is 3mth SIBOR + 1.3%. No lock in. But I think HSBC can match my valuation.
    FYI, DBS Bank is offering
    3 yr fixed rates package..1st Yr 1.9%, 2nd Yr 1.9% & 3rd 1.9%

Quote Originally Posted by East Coast Boy
    FYI, DBS Bank is offering
    3 yr fixed rates package..1st Yr 1.9%, 2nd Yr 1.9% & 3rd 1.9%
    Wow... which package is that?

I know Stack 11 Storey 2 is selling at $615psf. Even better.
    Just curious, why you never consider Modena/Tropica Spring in Simei or those condos TOP already in Bedok Reservoir ... can probably get it for around 600psf in Feb/March 2009 if you are lucky

congrats on your buy. i like casa merah too but i prefer 2+1 unit which it doesn't have. do u have more info on balcon east? may aim for that instead.

Quote Originally Posted by jitkiat
    Just curious, why you never consider Modena/Tropica Spring in Simei or those condos TOP already in Bedok Reservoir ... can probably get it for around 600psf in Feb/March 2009 if you are lucky
    One consideration is schools in the area. Simei not much to choose. And also didn't want to consider resale condo as a first choice. Likely to result in costlier renovation and also dunno the history of the unit.

Honestly I watched the market slip past while waiting for my current place to be sold. My flat was on the market for nearly 3 months before it was sold. During that time, the price of Casa Merah increased from $640 psf to $670psf.

Quote Originally Posted by ras
    congrats on your buy. i like casa merah too but i prefer 2+1 unit which it doesn't have. do u have more info on balcon east? may aim for that instead.
    No leh. I just asked about how high the building will be in order to help me decide whether to target the south facing units of Casa Merah.

If you want, you could call them at 62231822