Page 8 of 240 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131823283338 ... LastLast

Thread: Waterview (D18, 99-year Leasehold, Sim Lian Group)

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    they did cut for floridian between 2007 and early 2009 leh. but that's orchard parade, not exactly far east?
    not sure....

they did cut for WFW...but tats with FCT...

Far East is offering some furniture vouchers for Tennery. Very generous and unusual move of Far East. If it is getting weak legs over the new property measures, then it doesn't seem to be good news for the other developers.

http://www.valuebuddies.com/thread-6...2.html#pid5122

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Far East is offering some furniture vouchers for Tennery. Very generous and unusual move of Far East. If it is getting weak legs over the new property measures, then it doesn't seem to be good news for the other developers.

does it mean those whom sign on the line earlier will get it also? If not seems like sucker to commit first leh

Quote Originally Posted by East Lover
    I agreed with devilplate that it's unlikely to give 10% rebates, but they may give some freebie to attract the potential buyers. then we must keep our eyes open, hehehe do we have some insider here? or all the buyers take turn to visit showflat again haha

by the way, i want free upgrade to marble on top of free oven, fridge, washers, etc hahaha
    When we signed on the dotted line... there wasn't any fridge, washer, marble... hahahah....

I don't they will give them to those who hv already purchased the units...

For the rest of the units, they might some 'specials' due to the slow sale (anyway most of the good units already taken up and the new 'cooling' measures have made situation harder)... probably further discount on the price for new buyers?... say 5%???

We're the ones who are stuck i think... anyone heard of them offering 'freebies' to those who hv signed should they decide to do so to the new buyers of the remaining units??? I 'm not too sure about this sounds unlikely to me...

Quote Originally Posted by desquire
    When we signed on the dotted line... there wasn't any fridge, washer, marble... hahahah....

I don't they will give them to those who hv already purchased the units...

For the rest of the units, they might some 'specials' due to the slow sale (anyway most of the good units already taken up and the new 'cooling' measures have made situation harder)... probably further discount on the price for new buyers?... say 5%???

We're the ones who are stuck i think... anyone heard of them offering 'freebies' to those who hv signed should they decide to do so to the new buyers of the remaining units??? I 'm not too sure about this sounds unlikely to me...
    I understand that freebies given to later buyers are also given to those before. Developers are actually protecting their future interest else they will find hesitant early buyers in their future development.

Not so sure about discount though. I think highly unlikely they will give discount.
    hungry eat sleepy sleep

Quote Originally Posted by acidic.straw
    I understand that freebies given to later buyers are also given to those before. Developers are actually protecting their future interest else they will find hesitant early buyers in their future development.

Not so sure about discount though. I think highly unlikely they will give discount.
    Thanks for enlightening us about it. Possible for them to do such a thing for their own reputation. But in times of desperation they might just sell the remaining units at a steal to clear them off and get $$$.

Let's hope not. haha. I'm no investor/speculator, just buying a unit i think is decent for family stay (enjoy a little in this ever stressful environment)

In the Talking Point session last sunday, one of the guest mentioned that Tennery as one of the projects with high price in OCR. FEO has to do something to comfort the buyers with vouchers. They will not give discounts as previous buyers will be unhappy. They give more vouchers if the sales are reacting to the new measures.
    Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix

Hmmm.... maybe SL could offer a loyalty discount of say 15% for you guys to buy a 2nd unit from them

isn't it normal? sometimes we r suckers when we commit first, and sometimes we r suckers when we buy last. part and parcel of life wat.

just as cooling measures are from 14th jan onwards, freebies (if any) wll also be for buyers from a certain date till a later date with the objective of moving sales. so, i don't expect earlier buyers to get anything more than what they have already signed for.

Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaSS
    does it mean those whom sign on the line earlier will get it also? If not seems like sucker to commit first leh

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    In the Talking Point session last sunday, one of the guest mentioned that Tennery as one of the projects with high price in OCR. FEO has to do something to comfort the buyers with vouchers. They will not give discounts as previous buyers will be unhappy. They give more vouchers if the sales are reacting to the new measures.
    New buyers get and all get ok lah... if new get but not the earlier ones... then...

Quote Originally Posted by condolisa
    Hmmm.... maybe SL could offer a loyalty discount of say 15% for you guys to buy a 2nd unit from them
    i wish i was cashrich... can buy 5 more instead of just another one... hehehe..

isn't it normal? sometimes we r suckers when we commit first, and sometimes we r suckers when we buy last. part and parcel of life wat.

just as cooling measures are from 14th jan onwards, freebies (if any) wll also be for buyers from a certain date till a later date with the objective of moving sales. so, i don't expect earlier buyers to get anything more than what they have already signed for.
    Spot on.. thats what i thought too.. hmmm

New buyers get and all get ok lah... if new get but not the earlier ones... then...
    freebies meant to compensate 4yrs SSD mah....earlier buyers still better off without it

If I am an interested buyer after the new rules, likely i won't be swayed by the freebies and discounts (unless really huge discounts), the 60% LTV is just too much to swallow.

Quote Originally Posted by Kengar
    If I am an interested buyer after the new rules, likely i won't be swayed by the freebies and discounts (unless really huge discounts), the 60% LTV is just too much to swallow.
    bcoz u only got jus enuff for 30% down?

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    bcoz u only got jus enuff for 30% down?
    Yeah, with just enuf kept for rainy day use, unless i sell my current HDB and turn to renting a place until TOP date..

Talking about HDB, mine has risen about 33% for since i bought it 2 years ago. At this rate with the cooling measures, the gap between HDB and Private Housing is narrowing? haha.

Yeah, with just enuf kept for rainy day use, unless i sell my current HDB and turn to renting a place until TOP date..

Talking about HDB, mine has risen about 33% for since i bought it 2 years ago. At this rate with the cooling measures, the gap between HDB and Private Housing is narrowing? haha.
    considered little...those bot early 07 doubled liao

actually HDB/mass market has been widening in psf....but not so much in total quantum now..

You are not alone in this bro...

you should be able to keep your HDB after WV T.O.P. right? because 2+3 years already qualify the requirement?

You can see that garmen is keeping 80% of the Singaporean happy who are just like Kengar for the GE. Poor guys like us who has been subsidizing all these projects and pay highes taxes with no rebates on conservancy charges.

you should be able to keep your HDB after WV T.O.P. right? because 2+3 years already qualify the requirement?
    Yup, actually i am under the old old rules where the MOP was 1 year cos not taken any HDB grant/loan.

Default Midges bug Bedok folk

Just wondering if any folks in Tropica or nearby got hit by these bugs? Will WV get hit by them as well next time?

(ST 19 Jan 2011)
    Midges bug Bedok folk
    Residents, shops riled by insect infestation
    By Cai Haoxiang

THEY are attracted to clothes hung out to dry, land in food and end up in drinks, cling to walls and ceilings, and a mass of them can black out fluorescent lights.

Millions of these tiny green and black flies have invaded the open areas and homes of residents living in Bedok Reservoir Road.

The flies, or non-biting midges - known scientifically as Chironomidae - originated from the marshy ground around Bedok Reservoir and have been infuriating residents over the past week.

Complained Madam Vivian Ng, 48, who lives above her hardware shop in Block 740: 'My 12-year-old daughter saw the flies in her soup and told me she wanted to vomit.

'They stick on all the clothes I hang out to dry... It's horrible especially when you're eating and insects start falling around you.'

The infestation has hit eateries especially hard, said Mr Koh Hup Leong, 50, a grassroots leader overseeing the shops in the area. This is because of the proliferation of the insects in the evening hours, coinciding with when most residents are out to shop and eat, and when lights across the estate are switched on, he said.

Said Mrs Maggie Pang, 51, a supervisor at the Super Lucky Restaurant: 'Business is down by 30 per cent to 40 per cent. A lot of customers order their food, see the insects, and then run away.'

Other businesses have not been spared. Outside a beauty salon, a thick band of thousands of dead midges lined the shop's glass window.

Responding to the chorus of complaints from residents, Foreign Minister George Yeo, the MP for the Bedok Reservoir-Punggol ward of Aljunied GRC, visited the area yesterday afternoon. Accompanying him were representatives from the Aljunied Town Council, the PUB and the National Environment Agency (NEA).

The town council brought in pest control contractors yesterday morning to spray the banks of the reservoir and the walls of nearby Housing Board blocks with an insecticide.

This will continue every day until the midge infestation is gone.

The insecticide is biodegradeable, water-based and causes no health problems, said Mr Nicck Yeong of pest control company Rentokil, which is carrying out the fumigation.

Mr Yeo also visited shops and talked to residents to reassure them that the situation is under control.

'It's more of a nuisance than a danger in any health sense,' he said.

'But they are uncomfortable, get into your food and can be very irritating.'

He said the problem had been around in Bedok in previous years, and resurfaced a few weeks ago. But the insect population explosion of the last few days was unprecedented.

NEA officials told Mr Yeo that this could have been the result of changes to the ecosystem in the area. While they had yet to pinpoint the exact cause, they suggested it may be due to a chemical imbalance, or the rainy season, among other possibilities.

Said Mr Yeo: 'We don't really know, so we're going to treat it symptomatically and hope that when the weather changes, the problems will be resolved.'

The midges lay eggs in the reservoir, and the larvae cannot be eaten by fish as they are hidden in the mud, said Mr Martin Nathan, head of the NEA's North East Regional Office, offering another possible reason for the scale of the infestation this time around.

The midge problem had also surfaced recently in Teban Gardens and Yishun, added NEA senior operations manager Tang Choon Siang.

Mr Yeo said the insect explosion has attracted large numbers of swifts to the area to feed on the insects.

Spiders too, he said, have been 'working overtime', spinning webs on ceilings and walls to trap the flies.

To deal with the midge problem, Mr Yeo said, residents could switch off the lights, cover food and not open their windows. Some residents have also found high-frequency insect repellent devices useful.

But Mr Tony Teo, 64, a music instructor living in Baywater condominium, said that although his walls are covered, he is taking the infestation in his stride.

'You can't exterminate them completely, and bug spray doesn't work. Complaining is useless. We just ignore them. After a while, the insects will go away,' he said.
    hungry eat sleepy sleep

Green bugs could feel how 'cool' it is at the moment to wreak havoc!!

Maybe they still flocking the 'waterfront' series and not yet cross over the border over to tampines!!!

Green bugs could feel how 'cool' it is at the moment to wreak havoc!!

Maybe they still flocking the 'waterfront' series and not yet cross over the border over to tampines!!!
    Right timing indeed. Nothing like an election year to get a heavy-weight minister to look into a bug problem. At other times, I suppose he will just tell you to stop bugging him or buzz off?
    hungry eat sleepy sleep

Right timing indeed. Nothing like an election year to get a heavy-weight minister to look into a bug problem. At other times, I suppose he will just tell you to stop bugging him or buzz off?
    not because he is a heavy-weight minister but he is our MP . you will see him every CNY when you move to WV

not because he is a heavy-weight minister but he is our MP . you will see him every CNY when you move to WV
    haha...he goes around distributing oranges? You got hit by the buggies in Tropica? From the report, it seems to occur only recently.
    hungry eat sleepy sleep

haha...he goes around distributing oranges? You got hit by the buggies in Tropica? From the report, it seems to occur only recently.
    no bug leh. I guess the bug can't fly over the reservior, so Tampines is safe

Not many people over at WV yesterday. I thought from afar that the place was locked up. Only one other person viewing the place.

No news of freebies. Prices remain for now. Things may change in weeks to come???

Looks like a good time to go over to take measurements, pictures, HD videos for renovation... so crowded during the launch. all my videos were "secretly" and hastily taken.

Not many people over at WV yesterday. I thought from afar that the place was locked up. Only one other person viewing the place.

No news of freebies. Prices remain for now. Things may change in weeks to come???

Looks like a good time to go over to take measurements, pictures, HD videos for renovation... so crowded during the launch. all my videos were "secretly" and hastily taken.
    by the way, the detailed floorplan still not out yet. my lawyer is chasing. no news from SL.

will this cool measurement slow down the WV progress? do they have to wait for 80% sold out then start the foundation work? since it's already over 60% on Dec 2010, is this sufficient to start?

I still dream to have X'mas in WV on 2013 leh!