Page 7 of 240 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121722273237 ... LastLast

Thread: Waterview (D18, 99-year Leasehold, Sim Lian Group)

Wink

I wonder if this will result to a drop in the prices of property. If so wre dead meat!!! Kekeke.

there will be an underpass from the station to the bus stop across the road.

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=10245

Quote Originally Posted by Kengar
    The way LTA places the Bedok Reservoir Station puzzles me.. it is located right beside BayWater and Waterfront Condos, seems like benefiting the non-HDB residents more.

HDB residents staying around Clearwater and Bedok North Street 3 will have to cross the overhead bridges to get to the station, and residents staying at Blocks 71X will have to walk abit.

Only the rich with holding power will becomer richer and richer as this opens up an opportunity to build up their investments with "cooler" prices.

For normal folks like us buying for own stay, let's just cross our fingers and pray for the best ahead!

Quote Originally Posted by desquire
    I wonder if this will result to a drop in the prices of property. If so wre dead meat!!! Kekeke.

Only the rich with holding power will becomer richer and richer as this opens up an opportunity to build up their investments with "cooler" prices.

For normal folks like us buying for own stay, let's just cross our fingers and pray for the best ahead!
    how about the rest of unsold waterview units? even harder to sell, then delay the construction???
    if developer lower the price, can we demand the same? or at least free upgrade to marble floor and free build in Ovan

Quote Originally Posted by East Lover
    how about the rest of unsold waterview units? even harder to sell, then delay the construction???
    if developer lower the price, can we demand the same? or at least free upgrade to marble floor and free build in Ovan
    It is very likely that sales for the remaining units will come to a standstill as I heard sales are slow after the showroom opened on the 7th Jan, and this is before the new measures. Let's keep our fingers crossed that prices will not be hit by too much.

Developers will be counting their lost "gains" from the new measures, looks like the showflats will be dead as graveyard in the coming months (similar to the car showrooms). I don't think they will give the confirmed buyers any incentives.

Sim Lian shouldn't have closed the showflats for the festive season, now they must be regretting.

This is my exactly what i am pondering about... sales have definitely slowed down over at WV as most of the good units have been snapped up...

The 'million-dollar-question' here is... if price drops... everything else decline... what we have paid for turns into dust be it stay or not... buy at 1m maybe sell at 600k?? grrrrr...

i'm crossing everything i have now bro.. but my cheque have 'crossed' over to SL... kekekek

Developers will be counting their lost "gains" from the new measures, looks like the showflats will be dead as graveyard in the coming months (similar to the car showrooms). I don't think they will give the confirmed buyers any incentives.

Sim Lian shouldn't have closed the showflats for the festive season, now they must be regretting.
    Those in car and property business will ahve to face a standstill at the moment... Sim Lian has probably made more than they expected so the remaining units probably can go at a special discounted price???

WV is one thing... what about Austville and the rest of the 'yet' to be launched??!! gosh... truly headache... what a poor timing...

i hope we didn't make the wrong move in our purchase... just getting excited over the three year wait and now i am getting worried.... hahahah!! i also don't know to laugh or sob over the corner of the kitchen sink...!!!

The Government is an interesting creature. Rolling out land sales after land sales to developers. If the tender price is not good enough, the Govt will reject and go for a re-tender hoping for a higher price.

This effectively guarantees that the Govt makes $ first. Then Govt introduce cooling measures and depress demand, thereby pushing the problem out to developers.

Then again, the Govt wouldn't let the market cool off too much, if banks start to call for margin top up, this will spiral off to bad debts, bankruptcies, and eventually collapse of property and banking industry in SG. Unimaginable!

Those in car and property business will ahve to face a standstill at the moment... Sim Lian has probably made more than they expected so the remaining units probably can go at a special discounted price???

WV is one thing... what about Austville and the rest of the 'yet' to be launched??!! gosh... truly headache... what a poor timing...

i hope we didn't make the wrong move in our purchase... just getting excited over the three year wait and now i am getting worried.... hahahah!! i also don't know to laugh or sob over the corner of the kitchen sink...!!!

This is my exactly what i am pondering about... sales have definitely slowed down over at WV as most of the good units have been snapped up...

The 'million-dollar-question' here is... if price drops... everything else decline... what we have paid for turns into dust be it stay or not... buy at 1m maybe sell at 600k?? grrrrr...
    in long run, property surely go up. so let's hold for 3 years hahaha

Anyway, for own stay, as long as we can hold, not big deal. in 10 years time, who knows what kind of price will the property market be? 2 years ago nobody dear to imagine tampinese/simei can sell 950-1200 psf right? 10 years later we look back, we will say luckily we grabed good units in waterview directly from developer hehehe

Anyway, for own stay, as long as we can hold, not big deal. in 10 years time, who knows what kind of price will the property market be? 2 years ago nobody dear to imagine tampinese/simei can sell 950-1200 psf right? 10 years later we look back, we will say luckily we grabed good units in waterview directly from developer hehehe
    Yup true... some of my friends ask me the reason for getting a leasehold instead of a freehold... at at 900psf!!!! in tampines somemore!!!

the truth is i dont even know if i will be arnd for 99 years and i know the area so very well!!! The rest is up to the young generation to struggle and survive... i have done my part in offering them a 'view near the water'...for now... kekekek!

Agree. Most properties will appreciate after TOP because investors will be able to rent out immediately. Folks who want to have a place to stay immediately also don't mind paying slightly more. These new cooling measure will weed out the speculators but will keep long term investors in the market.

Quote Originally Posted by Tingwei
    Agree. Most properties will appreciate after TOP because investors will be able to rent out immediately. Folks who want to have a place to stay immediately also don't mind paying slightly more. These new cooling measure will weed out the speculators but will keep long term investors in the market.
    INVESTORS like us... hooray... let's smile and wait for our new place...

Quote Originally Posted by Tingwei
    buyers/investors/speculators nowsday are smarter. cos the peak in 1997 days, have make them heard so much stories how many were made a bankrupt,or not yet breakeven or losing on bank interests.

Be it long term or short term, me as speculator or investor or home buyer go into market with eyes wide open. And not by hoping for a long term prespective returns. cycles are unpredictable.

Looks like those who bought into this project are mainly for self-stay and renting out their HDB and most already secured their 70/80% loan... not likely to see firesale anytime soon... the reservoir water will suppress any fire

Quote Originally Posted by condolisa
    Looks like those who bought into this project are mainly for self-stay and renting out their HDB and most already secured their 70/80% loan... not likely to see firesale anytime soon... the reservoir water will suppress any fire
    good observation
    maybe can have some good buy among those left over units...

Quote Originally Posted by jwong71
    buyers/investors/speculators nowsday are smarter. cos the peak in 1997 days, have make them heard so much stories how many were made a bankrupt,or not yet breakeven or losing on bank interests.

Be it long term or short term, me as speculator or investor or home buyer go into market with eyes wide open. And not by hoping for a long term prespective returns. cycles are unpredictable.
    In another hand, if market getting cooler, will bank interest getting lower? that will benefit us who have already secuted loan and with SOR/SIBOR/variable rate

Red face

In another hand, if market getting cooler, will bank interest getting lower? that will benefit us who have already secuted loan and with SOR/SIBOR/variable rate
    Market cooler=lesser people taking loan=interest up unlike now where many transactions are going on.

Market cooler=lesser people taking loan=interest up unlike now where many transactions are going on.
    ai yoh, that's worse!

ai yoh, that's worse!
    Yah! So how? Who should we vote?

less ppl taking loans = banks flush with cheap money how can interest rate go up.

mai kancheong, waterview is a good buy for own stay.

Finally signed my mortagage papers at the lawyers today, heard from the lawyer alot of anxious queries from their clients due to the new measures.

Looks like alot of serious thinking over the weekend for those who paid the booking fee before 14 Jan but not yet exercise the OTP.

Quote Originally Posted by McKinnon
    less ppl taking loans = banks flush with cheap money how can interest rate go up.

mai kancheong, waterview is a good buy for own stay.
    I'm sure it will. Most of the buyers i supposed could have purchased for own stay with a minority for investment due to area (possible?).

In the meantime just watch and see in the next coming months the impact of the new measures...

I'm sure it will. Most of the buyers i supposed could have purchased for own stay with a minority for investment due to area (possible?).

In the meantime just watch and see in the next coming months the impact of the new measures...
    Hey black ghost, I agree with you. Its black period now.. Wait for dust to settle. Dun sell if you dun have to. Dun list if you dun have to. Dun entertain if you dun have to.

Latest URA Dec 2010 Data

Total Units: 696
    Culmulative Units Sold to Date: 436 (62%)
    Culmulative Units Launched But Unsold: 260
    Units Sold in Dec: 78

Median PSF Dec 2010: $903
    Lowest PSF Dec 2010: $521
    Highest PSF Dec 2010: $956

Latest URA Dec 2010 Data

Total Units: 696
    Culmulative Units Sold to Date: 436 (62%)
    Culmulative Units Launched But Unsold: 260
    Units Sold in Dec: 78

Median PSF Dec 2010: $903
    Lowest PSF Dec 2010: $521
    Highest PSF Dec 2010: $956
    If you have already bought it for home-stay/long-term, a downturn in the mkt is actually good. Developer will then be forced to either revise price downwards (most unlikely) or offer incentives (free oven, fridge, washers, etc) to attract buyers. Whatever they offer, they will likely offer those who have already bought units as they won't want the bad PR fall-out.
    So watch out for their adverts or websites or keep your ears open for such offers from their showflat. If you hear anything good, just sound it out here
    hungry eat sleepy sleep

Quote Originally Posted by acidic.straw
    If you have already bought it for home-stay/long-term, a downturn in the mkt is actually good. Developer will then be forced to either revise price downwards (most unlikely) or offer incentives (free oven, fridge, washers, etc) to attract buyers. Whatever they offer, they will likely offer those who have already bought units as they won't want the bad PR fall-out.
    So watch out for their adverts or websites or keep your ears open for such offers from their showflat. If you hear anything good, just sound it out here
    i dun tink they will give 10% rebates to those who oredi bot if they were to cut the prices by 10% tmr

in this sense, FEO projects safest for early birdies...i dun tink they ever cut prices?? not tat i noe of

Quote Originally Posted by acidic.straw
    I agreed with devilplate that it's unlikely to give 10% rebates, but they may give some freebie to attract the potential buyers. then we must keep our eyes open, hehehe do we have some insider here? or all the buyers take turn to visit showflat again haha

by the way, i want free upgrade to marble on top of free oven, fridge, washers, etc hahaha

they did cut for floridian between 2007 and early 2009 leh. but that's orchard parade, not exactly far east?

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    i dun tink they will give 10% rebates to those who oredi bot if they were to cut the prices by 10% tmr

in this sense, FEO projects safest for early birdies...i dun tink they ever cut prices?? not tat i noe of