Page 3 of 240 FirstFirst 123456781318232833 ... LastLast

Thread: Waterview (D18, 99-year Leasehold, Sim Lian Group)

Thought waterview offeres everyone a view of the water, whether it is reservoir, quarry park or the 2 circular pools. The exception being those facing Tampines ave 1, get zero waterview....

Quote Originally Posted by aimtowin
    Those units are the units facing the quarry. If interested, buy those units facing Tampines Ave 1, or facing pool, else Reservoir units, but they are all sold.

332 out of 390 units released sold so far. 110 more to be released this week.

http://info.sgx.com/webcoranncatth.n...df?openelement

Would this have any impact on the sales? Anyway it seems like Developer can hold and wait out liao.

http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/graphics/2010/pr10-62a30.pdf

I have a chance to speak to my banker friends yesterday. She mentioned that the project that sells fast is LF and for Waterview, it is not as fast but the sales is good and many units are gradually sold and developer has actually adjust the price upwards. Many people just buy without hesitation. But definitely it will be for home stay and at 890psf.

Quote Originally Posted by acidic.straw
    My thoughts are - for investment value, you must have good and clear views of the water else it will be just another condo with facilities.

LF has the advantage of proximity to MRT but choose the unit carefully as noise from the track may be a problem.The other concern I have is the possibility of another development springing up just beside yuan ching road, hence blocking the view.

WV has clear view of the water for those units facing the reservoir and those near the corners. Unlikely to have any further dev to block this view. The disadvantage is no MRT at the doorstep. Nearest MRT at this point is tampines which is abt 15 min away by public tx.

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    I have a chance to speak to my banker friends yesterday. She mentioned that the project that sells fast is LF and for Waterview, it is not as fast but the sales is good and many units are gradually sold and developer has actually adjust the price upwards. Many people just buy without hesitation. But definitely it will be for home stay and at 890psf.
    Yes, agree WV is generally for home stay. Only the few stacks lining the reservoir with good view are good for investments. It's a diff set of tenants from those property in the city. I reckon the bigger units facing the reservoir may be more attractive investments as this is a family oriented environment and expats with a young family in tow will likely want to rent a bigger unit.

Hmm..think 2 projects generally different. Not apple to apple comparison coz different zones.
    Think should compare with same zone.
    But cannot agree less than it's not near mrt...

Quote Originally Posted by propertysgp
    Hmm..think 2 projects generally different. Not apple to apple comparison coz different zones.
    Think should compare with same zone.
    But cannot agree less than it's not near mrt...
    Tat,s why 850, if not 1000.

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    Tat,s why 850, if not 1000.
    prime units with unblock view all above 900psf.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    332 out of 390 units released sold so far. 110 more to be released this week.

http://info.sgx.com/webcoranncatth.n...df?openelement
    how is the sales now? I guess those blocks which have quarry view+road noise may have problem to sell fast???
    I noticed that there are still quit a lot of cars in the showflat, but can't tell from agents or protential buyers

no idea leh. sim lian hasn't announced anything since then. but maybe tomorrow's business times may provide an update.

Quote Originally Posted by East Lover
    how is the sales now? I guess those blocks which have quarry view+road noise may have problem to sell fast???
    I noticed that there are still quit a lot of cars in the showflat, but can't tell from agents or protential buyers

no idea leh. sim lian hasn't announced anything since then. but maybe tomorrow's business times may provide an update.
    last night agent sms me that waterview 65% sold, price increased 1-2% only

Very gd liao... Expect fully sold in 3 mths

Great!

65% of 696 units means crossed the 450 mark already.

65% of 696 units means crossed the 450 mark already.
    actually if compared it with Treehouse which is also launch at 8xxpsf...this one looks pale in comparison

looks like west is more popular den the east? or isit CDL vs sim lian branding?

think there are various factors:

1) market was hotter then with not so many choices AND before cooling measures
    2) CDL vs sim lian
    3) supposed greenery view which came once in many years vs the entire better located waterfront waves/key/gold already launched in the past few years.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    actually if compared it with Treehouse which is also launch at 8xxpsf...this one looks pale in comparison

think there are various factors:

1) market was hotter then with not so many choices AND before cooling measures
    2) CDL vs sim lian
    3) supposed greenery view which came once in many years vs the entire better located waterfront waves/key/gold already launched in the past few years.
    agree but actually treehse dun hf much greenary view ....i was commenting with the agt y the developer orientate in such a way

"supposed" greenery view mah. now govt is selling the site beside it too?

agree but actually treehse dun hf much greenary view ....i was commenting with the agt y the developer orientate in such a way

Yup, quite a lot in D23.... Some are not announced yet.

east too saturated and psf higher. West still have rooms for improvement and it was a child that no one cares for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    east too saturated and psf higher. West still have rooms for improvement and it was a child that no one cares for a long time.
    psf lower meh? tat 2 projects i compare similar psf wor

psf lower meh? tat 2 projects i compare similar psf wor
    my statement is a general statement not targeting at these 2 new projects. west psf is lower in the past. Now west should have catch up liao and with more projects coming up, again pple buying "hope".

ST Forum

Dec 10, 2010

Road capacity increased

WE THANK Mr Lee Soon Tat for sharing his concerns about the potential traffic situation at the junction of Tampines Avenue 1 and Avenue 10 with the launch of Waterview residential development ('Congestion'; Dec 1).
    We assure him that in intensifying land use, the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) works closely with partner agencies to ensure it is in tandem with the area's growth and efficient use of public infrastructure, such as roads and rail lines, and will not adversely affect the quality of the living environment.
    For the residential sale site at Tampines Avenue 1 and Avenue 10, URA recognises that additional traffic may be generated in the area and had worked closely with the Land Transport Authority (LTA) to ensure that the road capacity is increased to meet the demands of new developments in the area.
    As an example, since July, the LTA has widened Tampines Avenue 10 between Bartley Road East and Tampines Avenue 5 from three lanes to four lanes in both directions. LTA has also made improvements to the junction of Tampines Avenue 1 and Avenue 10 to cater to higher volumes of turning traffic.
    Tan See Nin
    Director (Physical Planning)
    Urban Redevelopment Authority
    hungry eat sleepy sleep

went to their show flat and the back balcony is HUGE!! Esp the 4+1 unit.. Dun understand why they make it so big, sure can hold a party there.. or maybe change that to a kitchen and use the kitchen as dining area so the living room will be super big? although i dunno if that's feasible..

just super turned off by their ID work, my sis bought 1st dbss from sim lian and her biggest concern is the workmanship, so this time round she told me the finishing is almost no diff as compared to her DBSS, so the price is really a bit steep in my opinion as the location is really far from MRT..

Quote Originally Posted by feliciacao
    went to their show flat and the back balcony is HUGE!! Esp the 4+1 unit.. Dun understand why they make it so big, sure can hold a party there.. or maybe change that to a kitchen and use the kitchen as dining area so the living room will be super big? although i dunno if that's feasible..

just super turned off by their ID work, my sis bought 1st dbss from sim lian and her biggest concern is the workmanship, so this time round she told me the finishing is almost no diff as compared to her DBSS, so the price is really a bit steep in my opinion as the location is really far from MRT..
    Agreed with the quality of finishing. but ppl bought for the rare water view as no more plots can have south facing reservisor view except Tropica and Waterview. For finishing, can overcome by reno (again, yes, it's not cheap)

Agreed with the quality of finishing. but ppl bought for the rare water view as no more plots can have south facing reservisor view except Tropica and Waterview. For finishing, can overcome by reno (again, yes, it's not cheap)
    Yup agreed! For us who stay most of our time in office everyday, and go home to play with kids and sleep only, dun think we have time to enjoy the view much..

That day my maid was looking at the brochure and commented that the reservoir view is breathtaking! I told her you think that's clear blue sea water huh, if ever we want to get this condo it is definitely not because of the reservoir view.. haha but that's just us sia who dun really know how to appreciate nice scenery anyway..

Quote Originally Posted by feliciacao
    Yup agreed! For us who stay most of our time in office everyday, and go home to play with kids and sleep only, dun think we have time to enjoy the view much..

That day my maid was looking at the brochure and commented that the reservoir view is breathtaking! I told her you think that's clear blue sea water huh, if ever we want to get this condo it is definitely not because of the reservoir view.. haha but that's just us sia who dun really know how to appreciate nice scenery anyway..
    haha, i guess different stage different requirement. when your kids grow up, you will have time to appreciate the good view.

But if not for reservoir view, then there is no much selling point in Waterview - the price is higher (>900 psf for good units), the size is compact (you can say it's optimized hehehe), the distance to MRT is far.

Why not look at resale market? But i'm afraid those condo which next to MRT are already asking sky high price now.

Ever seen Tropica before? it's worhty for money!

haha, i guess different stage different requirement. when your kids grow up, you will have time to appreciate the good view.

But if not for reservoir view, then there is no much selling point in Waterview - the price is higher (>900 psf for good units), the size is compact (you can say it's optimized hehehe), the distance to MRT is far.

Why not look at resale market? But i'm afraid those condo which next to MRT are already asking sky high price now.

Ever seen Tropica before? it's worhty for money!
    woot Tropica, thanks for the advice!!! will take a look then
    resale like you said, not any cheaper either..

Any food/hawker centre around the area within walking distance? Wondering how those people have lunch there, maybe from TP canteen? It looks deserted, unless you drive....

Quote Originally Posted by nonameleh
    Any food/hawker centre around the area within walking distance? Wondering how those people have lunch there, maybe from TP canteen? It looks deserted, unless you drive....
    Nope, nearest food/hawker/wet market centre is about 2 bus stops away.