Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why do pool view units command higher psf?

Default Why do pool view units command higher psf?

Question as per subject title. From my understanding, pool view condo units blocked by the next block can command a higher price compared to unblock units facing the roads or landed. Why is this so? Isnt unblock units provide more privacy to owners? You wouldn't want your neighbours to peep at what you are doing right?

Somemore some agents told me low floor pool view units command even higher prices than high floor pool view same stack. Any truth in this? Isn't the higher a unit, the higher price it can command? Agent said can view the pool direct from your balcony wor..

Depends. Some type of buyers love easy access to pool as got lots of kids to watch over, often hold poolside bbq etc so its not about the view but convenience and peace of mind.

Imagine just passing the stuff from your unit direct to the pool side or bbq pit a short walk away without waiting for lift to go up come down etc. Forgot something just shout. Lol. Machiam your own landed property.

Don't know if they have higher $psf but ang mohs like pool view, particularly ground floor floor view units.

They are easy to rent and command higher rentals.

I will never get direct pool view. The noise at night and during weekend simply spoils my mood. NS facing with greenery or sea view (not with container terminals!) is just right... I'm still looking around for this perfect condo Reflection seems to fit my bill but then the price is damn expensive.

My understanding is 5 & 6 level got the best pool view, keep the unit cooling as well. 4th level also not too bad but often associated with level floor where some investors may not be keen.

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    My understanding is 5 & 6 level got the best pool view, keep the unit cooling as well. 4th level also not too bad but often associated with level floor where some investors may not be keen.
    3rd is da best.....4th flr and above goto bend down ur head to see the pool oredi....tats my observation....must be able to see the pool at eye level

Default my personal experience

Quote Originally Posted by KC76
    Question as per subject title. From my understanding, pool view condo units blocked by the next block can command a higher price compared to unblock units facing the roads or landed. Why is this so? Isnt unblock units provide more privacy to owners? You wouldn't want your neighbours to peep at what you are doing right?

Somemore some agents told me low floor pool view units command even higher prices than high floor pool view same stack. Any truth in this? Isn't the higher a unit, the higher price it can command? Agent said can view the pool direct from your balcony wor..
    i also was puzzled at this too, until one day i was at a relative's place. he stays first floor in a low rise condo in serangoon. i've never thought of low rise and location, serangoon is not on my list but after going there, sitting at his PES and chatting in the evening, having a drink, facing the pool, i fell absolutely in love with it. My wife used to dislike low floors too, but now when we are asked what floor, we say first or tenth and above.

So i can't answer whether what the agent told you in terms of pricing is true, but it was really nice for me. So i'll pay if i can afford.

Quote Originally Posted by tericia
    i also was puzzled at this too, until one day i was at a relative's place. he stays first floor in a low rise condo in serangoon. i've never thought of low rise and location, serangoon is not on my list but after going there, sitting at his PES and chatting in the evening, having a drink, facing the pool, i fell absolutely in love with it. My wife used to dislike low floors too, but now when we are asked what floor, we say first or tenth and above.

So i can't answer whether what the agent told you in terms of pricing is true, but it was really nice for me. So i'll pay if i can afford.
    Pool view: If you can view the pool, then the people in the pool can also view you. Isn't that awkward?

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Pool view: If you can view the pool, then the people in the pool can also view you. Isn't that awkward?
    Since views are subjective and different people allocate different values to different views, shouldn't the developers price them in closer range?

Since views are subjective and different people allocate different values to different views, shouldn't the developers price them in closer range?
    Pool view is somethings that public housing cannot provide.

For those given negative view about pool view facing unit, it only reflect one fact - He has never stay in poor view facing unit before.

No doubt it is noisy when there is activities at the pool. But when everything settled + some cool night breeze, wah shiok man...!

Pool view is good. Sea view is better. It depends on the type of pool. Sometimes can smell of chlorine. Not very pleasant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Condo Collector
    Pool view is somethings that public housing cannot provide.

For those given negative view about pool view facing unit, it only reflect one fact - He has never stay in poor view facing unit before.

No doubt it is noisy when there is activities at the pool. But when everything settled + some cool night breeze, wah shiok man...!

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

(1) Pool view - good (even if blocked vs those facing road, but if blocked may not be as good as those facing greenery (a matter of personal preference))
    (2) Pool view unblocked (usually only possible for high floor units) - even better
    (3)
    QUOTE: "low floor pool view units command even higher prices than high floor pool view same stack.
    <- What rubbish is that? Please check developers' general pricing strategy. Regardless of blocked or unblocked, as long as in same stack, higher floors always priced higher than lower floors (got to do with ground floor noise, dusts, mosquitoes, insects flying into your house, etc). Developers definitely got lots of experience in pricing their properties to ensure optimal pricing and easy sale. Even when they price high floors higher than low floors, the high floors units usually get sold more easily than low floors, what does that say to you? Developers must be an idiot to price it the other way round!

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    (1) Pool view - good (even if blocked vs those facing road, but if blocked may not be as good as those facing greenery (a matter of personal preference))
    (2) Pool view unblocked (usually only possible for high floor units) - even better
    (3)
    QUOTE: "low floor pool view units command even higher prices than high floor pool view same stack.
    <- What rubbish is that? Please check developers' general pricing strategy. Regardless of blocked or unblocked, as long as in same stack, higher floors always priced higher than lower floors (got to do with ground floor noise, dusts, mosquitoes, insects flying into your house, etc). Developers definitely got lots of experience in pricing their properties to ensure optimal pricing and easy sale. Even when they price high floors higher than low floors, the high floors units usually get sold more easily than low floors, what does that say to you? Developers must be an idiot to price it the other way round!
    if you are eyeing for pool view stack, 3-5 floor is the best as it is eye view and not too noisy. Anything higher you are looking at your neighboring block, no point paying the rubbish higher psf like you mentioned and not getting a good view. You will be surprised, they are many buyers who are willing to pay a higher psf for pool facing low level units as compared to higher floor pool facing. Developers can price whatever they want, end of the day it is the buyer that decides...
    DF

At 3-5th floors, in a few years time, the units can even be blocked by their landscaping trees! (so much so for paying higher prices than those at higher floors!).
    Noisy? My experience is anything less than 10 floors are probably quite noisy due to noise from pool side (especially the kids and the talking downstairs!). In fact, those on 2nd & 3rd levels are better off than those from 4-10th levels (because 2nd & 3rd floors have trees to shield off some noise - but then most views will be blocked by the growing trees!).
    There are people who are even willing to pay $1300 psf for West Coast in the middle of nowhere! But that doesn't mean that it is really worth it there.

Higher looking at neighbouring block? Even if so, at higher floors, you are not subjected to the noise, dusts, mosquitoes, insects flying in the house etc!

Developers sure know how to price their properties to maximize their profits and they know what prices can move the properties. If lower floors can sell at higher prices, why we didn't see developers price lower floors higher than higher floors? The reason is very obvious. You better and more knowledgeable and more experience than developers in this area?

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Foo
    if you are eyeing for pool view stack, 3-5 floor is the best as it is eye view and not too noisy. Anything higher you are looking at your neighboring block, no point paying the rubbish higher psf like you mentioned and not getting a good view. You will be surprised, they are many buyers who are willing to pay a higher psf for pool facing low level units as compared to higher floor pool facing. Developers can price whatever they want, end of the day it is the buyer that decides...

yes, the landscaping does reach the 5th floor after a few years. from pool view to greenery view.

5-6th floor should be the best bet taking into the whole lots of issues discussed.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    yes, the landscaping does reach the 5th floor after a few years. from pool view to greenery view.
    i got a unit in waterfront gold 6th floor with pool view with recommendation by the FE agent. was hesitation about the decision in the begining. feel relieve now

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Pool view is good. Sea view is better. It depends on the type of pool. Sometimes can smell of chlorine. Not very pleasant.
    Round pool vs lap pool? lap pool should be quieter since mostly adults using.

Sea view? Gd and bad. Things in home gets corroded much faster due to salty breeze. Heard that one needs to bath more often also due to sticky feeling. Not sure if that is true though.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    At 3-5th floors, in a few years time, the units can even be blocked by their landscaping trees! (so much so for paying higher prices than those at higher floors!).
    Noisy? My experience is anything less than 10 floors are probably quite noisy due to noise from pool side (especially the kids and the talking downstairs!). In fact, those on 2nd & 3rd levels are better off than those from 4-10th levels (because 2nd & 3rd floors have trees to shield off some noise - but then most views will be blocked by the growing trees!).
    There are people who are even willing to pay $1300 psf for West Coast in the middle of nowhere! But that doesn't mean that it is really worth it there.

Higher looking at neighbouring block? Even if so, at higher floors, you are not subjected to the noise, dusts, mosquitoes, insects flying in the house etc!

Developers sure know how to price their properties to maximize their profits and they know what prices can move the properties. If lower floors can sell at higher prices, why we didn't see developers price lower floors higher than higher floors? The reason is very obvious. You better and more knowledgeable and more experience than developers in this area?

I am referring to (low level) pool facing units. Generally, those with "premiun pool facing units" (lower levels 3-5 floor) are priced slightly higher those adjacent same floor blocks without any pool facing. Go and check out the statistics.

"At 3-5th floors, in a few years time, the units can even be blocked by their landscaping trees". There is such thing call tree pruning. Most condo prune the tree and maintain the landscape every 3 mths.
    DF

Quote Originally Posted by chuash
    i got a unit in waterfront gold 6th floor with pool view with recommendation by the FE agent. was hesitation about the decision in the begining. feel relieve now
    This is subjective. If there is no trees in between your unit and the pool, this is not an issue.

so sometimes can see but other times cannot see clearly...cos schedule not due yet....

Sea view? Gd and bad. Things in home gets corroded much faster due to salty breeze. Heard that one needs to bath more often also due to sticky feeling. Not sure if that is true though.

to be honest a lot of my friends who buy seaview units find it a novetly initially when they move in. After awhile, they are not even interested to look at the sea and close the curtain and enjoy the aircon instead.
    Also for high floor units especially those 7 floor upwards normally you will feel the sun's heat as compared to those lower floors on a hot day.
    DF

confirm not frien. i stays right in front near tanjong rhu. except the cables and electricial items turn rusty easily thats for sure!

Are they having afernoon sun? Look at Silversea.
    to be honest a lot of my friends who buy seaview units find it a novetly initially when they move in. After awhile, they are not even interested to look at the sea and close the curtain and enjoy the aircon instead.
    Also for high floor units especially those 7 floor upwards normally you will feel the sun's heat as compared to those lower floors on a hot day.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    Volunteer yourself for MC. Then your wish of chopping those branches that blocked your view can be executed. There is no reason for other members to go against a suggestion of tree pruning.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Are they having afernoon sun? Look at Silversea.
    Those in east coast are southward facing. Of course, SE, morn sun, SW noon sun but mostly cast on the sidewalls of units.

Not totally correct: Pool facing units only has premium to those non-pool facings with no view. Pool facing units may be priced cheaper if the pool facing is blocked further away vs another with unblocked view where you can see far-away greenery or city skyline view.
    1 more thing, for same pool facing stack, higher floor always priced higher than lower floor by Developer.

Correct, but they don't prune the trees' heights! So does it matter whether they prune or not? If you live in 3-5th floors, high chance your pool view will get blocked by the landscaping trees!

I am referring to (low level) pool facing units. Generally, those with "premiun pool facing units" (lower levels 3-5 floor) are priced slightly higher those adjacent same floor blocks without any pool facing. Go and check out the statistics.

"At 3-5th floors, in a few years time, the units can even be blocked by their landscaping trees". There is such thing call tree pruning. Most condo prune the tree and maintain the landscape every 3 mths.

Guys, just one question asked on behalf of my friend. Between an unit on the 5th floor (Labelled A) facing outwards to a small road and low rise building opposite vs a 3rd floor unit (Labelled B) facing pool, and priced about the same. Which is a better unit for investment and for stay?

low rise building

2 lane road

pool

main road

Guys, just one question asked on behalf of my friend. Between an unit on the 5th floor (Labelled A) facing outwards to a small road and low rise building opposite vs a 3rd floor unit (Labelled B) facing pool, and priced about the same. Which is a better unit for investment and for stay?

low rise building

2 lane road

pool

main road
    Choose unit B, less noise and view will never change no matter construction on which roads

Can't comment as a lot of other factors involved (must stand in actual units and see) such as how far the blocks/buildings and how wide are the view etc + some subjective personal preference factors. But both too low floors lah! No higher floor to choose?

low rise building

2 lane road

pool

main road