Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tennery (D23, 99/103 years LH, Far East Organization)

Quote Originally Posted by u2torneil
    LOL, buying an FEO project automatically enrols you in the Ng family clan to defend the Ng family name?
    to be fair, i tink this project not the biggest suxckers....still cannot beat greenwich/the sound and i tink on par with scala/lakefront

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    to be fair, i tink this project not the biggest suxckers....still cannot beat greenwich/the sound and i tink on par with scala/lakefront
    In your opinion, you think $1,100+psf for Tennery is same, if not a better buy, than Lakefront Residences at same psf?

Yes, shopping centre within walking distance

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    Yes, shopping centre within walking distance
    Shopping centre has got more potential than the JLD story?

I was comparing this two projects with their same psf but different locations. Still can't grasp the profile of the tenants and it's potential for tennery.... DTL & Giant as plus points?

Quote Originally Posted by ozcraze
    In your opinion, you think $1,100+psf for Tennery is same, if not a better buy, than Lakefront Residences at same psf?
    You decide. Here's the fact ....14 mins to Botanics (circle line) 16 mins to Steven (future Thomson line) 18-20 mins to Newton (NSL) 22 mins to Little India (NEL) Along the way the DTL passes through Singapore premier education corridor. CHIJ, MGS, NJC, Hwa Chong, NJC, RGPS, Nanyang High & Primary, NUS Law, SJI, SCGS, ACS Barker...not forgetting the list of international schols dotting the line

LF got MRT+story

Tennery got underground MRT+ 2 Malls (1+existing) + better layout and high ceiling

shd command similar PSF

Mi Casa at 750psf (gd facing ones if any) wud be a much better bet (not vested)

I was comparing this two projects with their same psf but different locations. Still can't grasp the profile of the tenants and it's potential for tennery.... DTL & Giant as plus points?
    IMO, both equally overpriced....

LF got MRT+story

Tennery got underground MRT+ 2 Malls (1+existing) + better layout and high ceiling

shd command similar PSF

will mi casa price drop with another EC beside it?

Quote Originally Posted by ay123
    will mi casa price drop with another EC beside it?
    find the answer in The quartz

still breaking new high when esparina EC launched at 750psf....not sure it is transacted before or after ....monitor another 6mths to see any effect

51 Compassvale Bow #06-03
    99 Yrs From 18/04/2005
    $937
    $1120k
    07 Dec 10
    63 Compassvale Bow #19-25
    99 Yrs From 18/04/2005
    $948
    $990k
    18 Nov 10

find the answer in The quartz

still breaking new high when esparina EC launched at 750psf....not sure it is transacted before or after ....monitor another 6mths to see any effect

51 Compassvale Bow #06-03
    99 Yrs From 18/04/2005
    $937
    $1120k
    07 Dec 10
    63 Compassvale Bow #19-25
    99 Yrs From 18/04/2005
    $948
    $990k
    18 Nov 10
    No negative effects lah, only positive... different ball game. EC got restrictions, condo no restrictions. The 8 year gap mean anything to you? They should be on almost equal footing after 8 years (3 years to build and 5 year MOP). One older by 8 years compensated by EC after 5 years open to SP and SPR's.

No negative effects lah, only positive... different ball game. EC got restrictions, condo no restrictions. The 8 year gap mean anything to you? They should be on almost equal footing after 8 years (3 years to build and 5 year MOP). One older by 8 years compensated by EC after 5 years open to SP and SPR's.
    its jus like saying any effect on ur Resale HDB if BTO build beside u

Shopping center, immediate use... confirmed can see and touch.

Story as a story is bull shit until you see it built. 30 years later how? 50 years later how?

Jurong lake, industrial area, smell and f16 sound. Th is back door to the rich area...link to bukit timah and city. Those aspiring rich who cannot get in bukit timah have to find back door.

its jus like saying any effect on ur Resale HDB if BTO build beside u
    Yes, that is a new way and a similar way to look at it.

Apples and apples.

However, one apple can eat now and the other apple cannot eat, which is better? The one that can be eaten lah.

Green apple after 8 years become Red Apple before turning into rotten apple.

The other is apple tree and would give green apple when ready. Red apple, best! But do remember to eat it before it turns rotten... (hint after 10 years).

Did anyone not mention that Tennery is also getting a free massive flyover bridge, other than a busy cross-junction, right in front of the swimming pool? Flyover is obviously missing or omitted from the marketing photos/pictures.

LF got MRT+story

shd command similar PSF

Shopping center, immediate use... confirmed can see and touch.

Story as a story is bull shit until you see it built. 30 years later how? 50 years later how?

Jurong lake, industrial area, smell and f16 sound. Th is back door to the rich area...link to bukit timah and city. Those aspiring rich who cannot get in bukit timah have to find back door.
    Good point.
    I love the JLD and Tanjong Pagar stories amongst others and hope that I will live long enough to see them all come to fruition.
    Affordability then will surely be an issue though.
    In the meantime I guess the only fruits will be from Giant supermarket....

The real winner is the people owning HDB surrounding tennery and mayspring owners who bought low price (ha ha )and also able to enjoy the amenities offered by tennery and also MRT and bus interchange......now they can use this as selling point as the new high is set by tennery...

if all these places not within walking distance of the project nothing to talk about. i can drive from Jurong to changi in 30 min via PIE, so does it mean anything along the way is near?

Quote Originally Posted by moneymatters
    You decide. Here's the fact ....14 mins to Botanics (circle line) 16 mins to Steven (future Thomson line) 18-20 mins to Newton (NSL) 22 mins to Little India (NEL) Along the way the DTL passes through Singapore premier education corridor. CHIJ, MGS, NJC, Hwa Chong, NJC, RGPS, Nanyang High & Primary, NUS Law, SJI, SCGS, ACS Barker...not forgetting the list of international schols dotting the line

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    if all these places not within walking distance of the project nothing to talk about. i can drive from Jurong to changi in 30 min via PIE, so does it mean anything along the way is near?
    You are assuming no traffic jams, and no exhorbitant COEs and ERP?
    I will always choose to drive, no question about that, but what if it becomes a hassle and/or too expensive?

mayspring wasnt bought at a low. i know a lady who bought 3 units of 3 bedders at mayspring for 9xxk each and today's market value is only 8xxk. owners at mayspring bought a a peak and they have not seen capital appreciation yet. those staying in hdb near tennery in senja grand do not get to benefit much as hdb prices are based on valuation plus a slight mark up of COV. even if tennery were to sell at 1500psf one day, i do not think hdb valuers will value the flats in tandem with private property price movements

Quote Originally Posted by peterng8
    The real winner is the people owning HDB surrounding tennery and mayspring owners who bought low price (ha ha )and also able to enjoy the amenities offered by tennery and also MRT and bus interchange......now they can use this as selling point as the new high is set by tennery...

Quote Originally Posted by peterng8
    maysprings..i duno wor...

i considered myself lucky tat i din pick up any unit there in 2007 at 5xxpsf...better upside other places at tat time

perhaps, linear consider a gd buy for those facing the back

linear is too narrow a development for comfort. To get to the gym and pool, damn troublesome, have to go down to the ground floor, walk along a narrow passage to another stack (unsheltered from the rain) then take a lift up to the 3rd or 4th floor where the ugly tiny pool and gym are located. i must say the penthouses for linear not too bad in terms of layout, but back facing units have a longkang in front and looking at mayspring, so not very appealing

i considered myself lucky tat i din pick up any unit there in 2007 at 5xxpsf...better upside other places at tat time

linear is too narrow a development for comfort. To get to the gym and pool, damn troublesome, have to go down to the ground floor, walk along a narrow passage to another stack (unsheltered from the rain) then take a lift up to the 3rd or 4th floor where the ugly tiny pool and gym are located. i must say the penthouses for linear not too bad in terms of layout, but back facing units have a longkang in front and looking at mayspring, so not very appealing
    similar tots....tats y i din get any unit there...lol....but in terms of cap appreciation...consider not bad and 999status....the layout and furnishing vy good for mass market standards

cap appreciation will be good if you bought linear at slightly over 500psf back then. i think when mrt is up, first owners will get to pocket at least 400k from their sale.

similar tots....tats y i din get any unit there...lol....but in terms of cap appreciation...consider not bad and 999status....the layout and furnishing vy good for mass market standards

mayspring wasnt bought at a low. i know a lady who bought 3 units of 3 bedders at mayspring for 9xxk each and today's market value is only 8xxk. owners at mayspring bought a a peak and they have not seen capital appreciation yet. those staying in hdb near tennery in senja grand do not get to benefit much as hdb prices are based on valuation plus a slight mark up of COV. even if tennery were to sell at 1500psf one day, i do not think hdb valuers will value the flats in tandem with private property price movements

sure?

side track abit, have u shifted back to the west or still stay at D12-14? since u have bought RH at BB...

or less than that 490PSF also have..I remembered vieiwing one of the units, my family did not like it as the lift is small like old estate HDB lift(before upgrading) and the swiming pool very small for the condo with so many units...the place is very big overall alot car parks...

The linear.. for 999 worshippers.

Look at the prices of tennery

http://www.fareast.com.sg/FEOCorp.Up...nneryPrice.pdf

$1300 psf before discount... non pool...

no wonder we have a 'skyhigh' there.

Agree. They don't cheat on layout and ceiling height in general. So you can have 30% lower PSF with other developers when 30% floor area is not usable as aircon ledge or planter - what's the point?

FEO's layout generally much better den other big developers....

at least they r 'transparent'...charge high but nvr 'cheat' on layout...

for eg. D'leedon, spottw R....high psf+layout CMI

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Agree. They don't cheat on layout and ceiling height in general. So you can have 30% lower PSF with other developers when 30% floor area is not usable as aircon ledge or planter - what's the point?

i still cannot understand

why pay 1300 psf for that area ?

why not pay 1450 psf for Aspen Height? FH .. near future MRT ...near town ... near CBD ... eateries, shopping ...

if die die must stay D23 ...why not older ECs like Windermere , Yew Mei , etc at Yew Tee ..so near Yew tee station ... with amenities there too ..
    also good layout ..no silly balcony, no insane aircon ledge
    3bedroom 1281 sqft ..at windermere ..less than 700psf (right? i havent checked)

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    i still cannot understand

why pay 1300 psf for that area ?

why not pay 1450 psf for Aspen Height? FH .. near future MRT ...near town ... near CBD ... eateries, shopping ...

if die die must stay D23 ...why not older ECs like Windermere , Yew Mei , etc at Yew Tee ..so near Yew tee station ... with amenities there too ..
    also good layout ..no silly balcony, no insane aircon ledge
    3bedroom 1281 sqft ..at windermere ..less than 700psf (right? i havent checked)
    mabe skyhigh can give u an answer?

let say budget 700k...any other better choice den this 614sqft 1bedder at tennery?

if aspen hts got 1bedder at 700k...i am sure HOT HOT

mabe skyhigh can give u an answer?
    Well as I mentioned in my first post I did not pay $1300 psf so don't ask me.
    Secondly, if you are comparing a new car and a used car, it is different from comparing two new cars, so please buy Linear, Aspen Heights or whatever....as that is the 'logical' thing to do if you want the most bang for your buck.
    Thirdly, a quick trawl through the other threads on this board reveals the same theme, i.e, new projects are too expensive, developer is making a killing etc.
    At the end of the day, to each his own.
    I like (for whatever reasons) I buy, if not, I give it a miss.
    I have been buying property since 1989 and I have not lost any money to date...