Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Site at the corner of Punggol Drive and Punggol East

i wd think so cos new projects floor area reduced to 1000sq for 3bed still within 1M. buy subsale seems better choice if you can find a good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    looks like new mass market support price will be at 800-850psf going forward

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    but previously also had 10% free balcony in addition to the free bay windows + planters?
    any URA guru here to clarify....?

i seriously believe no free 10% balconies last time as some FCT projects only comes with planter box with zero balcony(eg. 8w00dleigh)

it means the developer gets it as free, in addition to GFA, yet sell to u at the same psf of the unit. u say developer shiok or not during those times?

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    i dont get it. bay windows are useless space so why design with bay windows since not welcome by buyer?? not included in GFA and still give ?? dont understand. tot developer will need more concrete to build bay windows right?

yeah we really need one in this forum.

but i think ulu EC support still at 6xxpsf and ulu condo at 7xxpsf.

but this should only apply to new condos with efficient designs. i hate those old CCR plans with big planter + bay windows all round + balcony and still want to sell with new design psf. better wake up their idea hahaha.

looks like new mass market support price will be at 800-850psf going forward

bay window is within the master room (for eg) right? so how developer can charge twice psf? sorry still blurr......

it means the developer gets it as free, in addition to GFA, yet sell to u at the same psf of the unit. u say developer shiok or not during those times?

so u mean balconies 10% the size of the unit is free? i think this is good and reasonable, to stop the quality of living of singapore condos from going down due to exploitation of all sorts of loopholes.

i seriously believe no free 10% balconies last time as some FCT projects only comes with planter box with zero balcony(eg. 8w00dleigh)

so u mean balconies 10% the size of the unit is free? i think this is good and reasonable, to stop the quality of living of singapore condos from going down due to exploitation of all sorts of loopholes.
    yes, confirm 10% free balconies of the total GFA

i tink a/c ledge also excluded from GFA rite?? tats y i hf been seeing larger a/c ledge

eg, if for 1001sq ft is the GFA that developer "bot" from govt. in the past, bay windows and planters are free, so they throw in bay windows in all the rooms and planter in addition to balcony. Ascentia sky has planters (for potted plants only) outside the bay windows. so the unit becomes 1201 sq ft. now this unit is sold to u at 1201 sq ft at 700psf instead of 1001 sq ft at 700psf. they pocket 200 sq ft* 700psf = 140k minus the cost of building those bay windows and planters.

bay window is within the master room (for eg) right? so how developer can charge twice psf? sorry still blurr......

read this http://flathopper.com.sg/2009/12/12/...d-bay-windows/

i am too generous to only quote 10-15%!!!! some actually 20-25%!!!!!

yes, that's why still loophole. soon they will need to fix the size of the a/c ledge too. a/c ledges have become so big they are marketed as "can walk out to hang your laundry there".

yes, confirm 10% free balconies of the total GFA

i tink a/c ledge also excluded from GFA rite?? tats y i hf been seeing larger a/c ledge

i dont get it. bay windows are useless space so why design with bay windows since not welcome by buyer?? not included in GFA and still give ?? dont understand. tot developer will need more concrete to build bay windows right?
    The maximum allowable GFA for a project is given by URA based on the plot ratio. If bay windows are not included in the GFA computation, then developers can squeeze more units in a given GFA and thus earn more $$$. If bay windows are included in the GFA computation as is now, it no longer makes economic sense to build bay windows.

So which means if the build up areas is 50ksq ft with 200 units. Now with bay windows of 10%, the build up area is 55ksq ft. the 5ksqft is free to developer. And what the developer does is to build bay windows to show proof to URA before inspection.. rite? Wow like that also can….

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    The maximum allowable GFA for a project is given by URA based on the plot ratio. If bay windows are not included in the GFA computation, then developers can squeeze more units in a given GFA and thus earn more $$$. If bay windows are included in the GFA computation as is now, it no longer makes economic sense to build bay windows.

Balcony space is also free to developer. That is why balcony is so big and owner has to pay for them.

So which means if the build up areas is 50ksq ft with 200 units. Now with bay windows of 10%, the build up area is 55ksq ft. the 5ksqft is free to developer. And what the developer does is to build bay windows to show proof to URA before inspection.. rite? Wow like that also can….
    Not quite. Let's say the GFA is 240,000 sqft. Each apartment is 1,200 sqft. The developer can build 200 units (=240,000/1,200). However, if he includes bay windows say 10%, the actual computed GFA by URA for each unit is 1,080 sqft (1,200 sqft less 10%). Thus, the developer can then build up to 222 units (=240,000/1,080) by adding a few more floors.

And he sells the unit at 1,200 sq ft size including bay windows, not at 1,080 sq ft. Earns both ways...

thanks.. clear now. developer really earn big time. When this has started and and when it was stopped? BTW, what about balcony areas? Is it still free now? and any standard size for aircon ledge?

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    Not quite. Let's say the GFA is 240,000 sqft. Each apartment is 1,200 sqft. The developer can build 200 units (=240,000/1,200). However, if he includes bay windows say 10%, the actual computed GFA by URA for each unit is 1,080 sqft (1,200 sqft less 10%). Thus, the developer can then build up to 222 units (=240,000/1,080) by adding a few more floors.

And he sells the unit at 1,200 sq ft size including bay windows, not at 1,080 sq ft. Earns both ways...

thanks for the link. Clear now.

read this http://flathopper.com.sg/2009/12/12/...d-bay-windows/

i am too generous to only quote 10-15%!!!! some actually 20-25%!!!!!

823 applications had been received as at 5 pm yesterday for the 680 units available at Prive, a 99-year leasehold project at Punggol Road being developed by NTUC Choice Homes and Chip Eng Seng. Applications opened on Dec 3 and will close today. Eligible applicants will be balloted for entry into the showflat on Dec 10, when sales bookings will commence.
    The average price will be $660-690 psf on a normal progressive payment scheme. Buyers who opt for a deferred payment scheme will have to pay 2 per cent more.

is this considered a good response? would developer increase the price then? any ideas?

i guess the response is within expectations. so far, have not heard of EC developer increasing price. on balloting/selection day (friday), they are likely to be sold at the prices quoted now but after 1 month, when its opened to non first timers, then its harder to say.

Quote Originally Posted by ymlin
    is this considered a good response? would developer increase the price then? any ideas?

As the psf is below 700psf coupled with just 1000sq ft for a 3 bedder, this will sure be a sell out project. Up-grader may not have much opportunity after 1 month. Good layout.

As the psf is below 700psf coupled with just 1000sq ft for a 3 bedder, this will sure be a sell out project. Up-grader may not have much opportunity after 1 month. Good layout.
    Yes, very good layout and agree that it will sell out.. already oversubscribed. MRT is the magic formula right? I like the ensuite option... smallest unit within.

http://privepunggol.sg/

http://privepunggol.com.sg/site-plan

http://www.theprivecondos.com/Prive/prive.html
    http://www.prive.sg/design-siteplan.html
    Last edited by kingkong1984; 07-12-10 at 10:34.

but preliminary prices are actually 698k to 770k for 3 bedders....still good price?

Potential for "short term gain" (ie 5-8 yr) if you are first time buyer and you are a Singaporean and you don’t have much cash. Huatx3. Check the resale price of private condo.....can you get anything below 800k near MRT now?

downside quite difficult.

but preliminary prices are actually 698k to 770k for 3 bedders....still good price?

chk out prices at the quartz....

punggol cfm gona haf a integrated mall

my main concern is the chemical pollution

770k is prob a combination of high floor + biggest 3 bedder (ie bigger balcony). around 700psf is alright (for now).

my main concern is the chemical pollution
    From where? Share leh.

Quote Originally Posted by acewee
    From where? Share leh.
    aiyoh, cross the straits... msia.

aiyoh, cross the straits... msia.
    Chemical pollution from across the straits? Interesting. Do you live in the area? I know there is sound pollution from our boys in the sky doing cornering but 1st time i heard of chemical pollution.

U r the first mountain tortise I have encountered here. Read the news, go to nea website, google For strange chemical smell in punggol.... Like tat also duno?