Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cliveden at Grange (D10, Freehold, CDL)

Any complaints please PM me

Default Cliveden at Grange (D10, Freehold, CDL)

Flat with a great view: CDL's development on the former Kim Lin Mansion site, designed by architect Carlos Ott, will have 360 degree views

Unregistered

Default Re: CDL's Kim Lin Mansion site (D10, Freehold, CDL)

heard clivedon going for $3300psf & also one foreign fund buying 1 whole block- true or not? that is orchard rd price!!! it will make st regis n eclat look cheap!

beavis

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    heard clivedon going for $3300psf & also one foreign fund buying 1 whole block- true or not? that is orchard rd price!!! it will make st regis n eclat look cheap!
    How do you know someone is going to buy 1 block? When will this be launched?

Unregistered

i work in the financial line n heard so. there was a fund which wanted to buy CDL's one shenton as well but kwek didnt want to sell. there are many foreign funds who are very bullish singapore commercial n residential properties and looking to buy properties by the blocks. one top ranking global real estate fund mgr says orchard will hit $7000psf.he is bullish because of the supply shortage. he didnt say how long tho.

Unregistered

Cliveden is soft launched and open for private preview already. Anyone know how much this is going for? Or better still, anyone visited the showflat already? How is the devt?

evelyn owner

i saw the showflat today. nice big site, nice landscape but i dont like the round plan- creates a lot of dead space. most rooms hv a balcony, some of which are wasted space. its master bedroom is quite tight too. eclat looks much bigger.

prices start at 3200psf. deferred payment is 6.5% higher. sizes are 2100+sq ft and 2800+sq ft. so cheapest unit is $7.5m for deferred.

Unregistered

Talking Re: CDL's Kim Lin Mansion site (D10, Freehold, CDL)

Quote Originally Posted by evelyn owner
    i saw the showflat today. nice big site, nice landscape but i dont like the round plan- creates a lot of dead space. most rooms hv a balcony, some of which are wasted space. its master bedroom is quite tight too. eclat looks much bigger.

prices start at 3200psf. deferred payment is 6.5% higher. sizes are 2100+sq ft and 2800+sq ft. so cheapest unit is $7.5m for deferred.
    Wah so fast to see the showflat. Sell your evelyn and buy eclat ASAP.
    How is the facility?? Is the pool big and luxurious???

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by evelyn owner

I agree with you. Parkview Eclat looks a lot more classic and will withstand the test of time. A true jewel to behold, and to keep. The super rich are collectors of exquisite things. They do not need whatever little profit (to them) that can be made by flipping properties.

Cliveden is just simply too modern and trendy. It will look passe in about 5 years time. If I am super rich, I don't think I will buy Cliveden to keep. I'll probably just use it for a while and then sell.

Conclusion: One is a collector's item. The other is simply a big luxurious place no different from the hundreds of other luxury condos around the world.

Unregistered

Default Re: Cliveden at Grange (D10, Freehold, CDL)

Eclat can rival the beauty and class of some of the world's most luxurious and oldest co-opt apartment buildings on Park Avenue in NY. You may not even be able to buy it even if you have the money because your purchase will be subjected to the veto of other owners.

Cliveden looks like a noveau riche monstrosity that can be easily bought by any Tom Dick and Harry with loads of cash.

Seems clear to me which is the more desirable.

evelyn owner

Default Re: Cliveden at Grange (D10, Freehold, CDL)

on the contrary i dont like eclat (also saw today to compare- not that i can afford cos the footprint is small. i already think evelyn footprint is small with not enuf facilities. singapore's benchmark properties hv huge footprint- think ardmore park n four seasons park. cliveden's footprint is large n the pool n landscape is large. but the size of rooms are not to scale with its price- a CEO buying it certainly wld find its master bedroom tiny. Mrs CEO wld hv no place to store her 200 manolos. i really wonder if carlos ott is a world renown architect for his planning of space haha.

oh #13 floor of eclat is going for $14+M!!! 3200 sq ft, at that price one can buy 1 ardmore park(2880sqft) and 1 four seasons park (2200sqft)- so think abt the relative value of eclat.

having said that i think eclat and surroundings will hit $7Kpsf by 2010. heard SC global going to launch MarQ at 4200-5000psf!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast