Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: ROBINSON SUITES @ Robinson Road

Quote Originally Posted by home-run
    Carpark are located fr #02 to #06...automated carpk...maint fee tentatively 180 per mth inclusive of carpk lots. First come first basis but since most potential buyers will be buying to rent out to tenants who mostly dun hav cars... some lucky owners may have 2 carpark lots for the price of 1...carpk for nw is first cme first serve basis n subj to mgt ...hope tt answers ur qn...and yes...developer is holding #08 to #14. Nt sure if fund bought or they want to release low flr as phase 2. No news as yet...will update more when the official developer briefing is here.
    looks like the carpark is for the owners/tenants which is a bonus compared to TS,Icon etc....which means they wun be any season parking rite?

Expected VIP Preview is est to be 3rd to 4th wk of Nov. Lots of check collected so far...so I presume it will be like another 76 Shenton Way....1 day sell-out if developer price it right...priority given to level buyers, then multiple purchase...then finally single unit purchase buyers with cheque. Can do non-obligatory presentation to potential buyers ...city house starbucks is a cosy place to do presentation. Pls feel free to contact me @ 81835132 at anytime for non-obligatory presentation. Cheers

Expected VIP Preview is est to be 3rd to 4th wk of Nov. Lots of check collected so far...so I presume it will be like another 76 Shenton Way....1 day sell-out if developer price it right...priority given to level buyers, then multiple purchase...then finally single unit purchase buyers with cheque. Can do non-obligatory presentation to potential buyers ...city house starbucks is a cosy place to do presentation. Pls feel free to contact me @ 81835132 at anytime for non-obligatory presentation. Cheers
    Aiyah... no need for presentation lah.... The discussion in this forum has dug out more issues that can be or will be presented...

How many cheques have you collected personally....

There will be an operational cost of the automated system. Initially is relatively low. May jack up after 1st year which happens in some development. Good thing is it is inclusive of a parking lot. Wonder how many carpark lots in total?
    Carpark are located fr #02 to #06...automated carpk...maint fee tentatively 180 per mth inclusive of carpk lots. First come first basis but since most potential buyers will be buying to rent out to tenants who mostly dun hav cars... some lucky owners may have 2 carpark lots for the price of 1...carpk for nw is first cme first serve basis n subj to mgt ...hope tt answers ur qn...and yes...developer is holding #08 to #14. Nt sure if fund bought or they want to release low flr as phase 2. No news as yet...will update more when the official developer briefing is here.

Even if tenants don't have car, the LLs will definitely chope a lot of "own use" one lah. So the probability of getting 2 lots will be close to zero.

Cannot imagine if system breaks down (which happens very often in such automated car parks) or the long queues and waiting time to retrieve the car during rush hours.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    There will be an operational cost of the automated system. Initially is relatively low. May jack up after 1st year which happens in some development. Good thing is it is inclusive of a parking lot. Wonder how many carpark lots in total?
    it was mentioned earlier tat it will be 80% of the total units...within 400m to MRT r allowed

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Even if tenants don't have car, the LLs will definitely chope a lot of "own use" one lah. So the probability of getting 2 lots will be close to zero.

Cannot imagine if system breaks down (which happens very often in such automated car parks) or the long queues and waiting time to retrieve the car during rush hours.
    i am aso very skeptical on automated parking system

lift maintenance oredi not cheap lor...

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Automated car park system? Think of lifts - 1 not enough, need at least 2 (1 under maintenance 1 still can work), even then, costs of maintenance is already quite high. Can't imagine 1 car lift and the amount of time needed to queue up to use them at different levels! When the lift mal-functioned or go under maintenance, all residents don't need to drive in or out liao!
    Residents better pray that the car lift is of superb quality! I know of a building which is only 3 years old and have 4 lifts and at least 1 or 2 of them will always be down and need maintenance (even though the lifts are just 3 years old)!

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Automated car park system? Think of lifts - 1 not enough, need at least 2 (1 under maintenance 1 still can work), even then, costs of maintenance is already quite high. Can't imagine 1 car lift and the amount of time needed to queue up to use them at different levels! When the lift mal-functioned or go under maintenance, all residents don't need to drive in or out liao!
    Residents better pray that the car lift is of superb quality! I know of a building which is only 3 years old and have 4 lifts and at least 1 or 2 of them will always be down and need maintenance (even though the lifts are just 3 years old)!
    I believe the automated system is like those in Japan. You bring your car into this lift like thingy and it parks the car automatically for you. You don't park the car yourself. The system will bring the car back to you at the ground level when you want it.

Or are we talking about a car lift....

That's 2 different systems.

Car lifts in condos are not new. Jervois jade for example, had been using an automated car parking system for at least the past ten years. Casa mera at potong pasir is another one.

Quote Originally Posted by new2mondrian
    Car lifts in condos are not new. Jervois jade for example, had been using an automated car parking system for at least the past ten years. Casa mera at potong pasir is another one.
    any problems tat u noe of? does it leads to higher maintainance fee?

Did you ask the wrong question? How can using a car lift not increase the maintenance fee vs not having a car lift? How can there be no problem with the car lift as they age? Definitely will be down for maintenance except how long is the down time right? You probably mean "how much higher is the maintenance fee with this car lift"? Then you have to factor in what age is the car lift?

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    any problems tat u noe of? does it leads to higher maintainance fee?

Did you ask the wrong question? How can using a car lift not increase the maintenance fee vs not having a car lift? How can there be no problem with the car lift as they age? Definitely will be down for maintenance except how long is the down time right? You probably mean "how much higher is the maintenance fee with this car lift"? Then you have to factor in what age is the car lift?
    I'm assuming that it's a fully automated parking system. The no. of cars that goes into such a system will occupy a much smaller area than a conventional parking system.

The cost of maintaining the mechanical parts of the system has to be weighed against the cost of cleaning, sweeping, painting a conventional carpark. A conventional basement carpark will also have loads of mechanical ducts and stuff, that may be simplified in an auto system (since no human will be in there).

Not sure if anyone has done a comparative system

So you are saying mechical car park do not need cleaning sweeping, and painting, and have less mechanical ducts and stuff? No human need to be there? What about when broken down? May be the technician will ask for 500% extra in service charges because need to go to dangerous condition (like going into mine)?

Quote Originally Posted by sh
    I'm assuming that it's a fully automated parking system. The no. of cars that goes into such a system will occupy a much smaller area than a conventional parking system.

The cost of maintaining the mechanical parts of the system has to be weighed against the cost of cleaning, sweeping, painting a conventional carpark. A conventional basement carpark will also have loads of mechanical ducts and stuff, that may be simplified in an auto system (since no human will be in there).

Not sure if anyone has done a comparative system

As far as I know, the jervois jade one is working fine. A lot of car lift systems have been in use in a number of buildings around Tokyo. So far so good.

But I have never owned a property that uses car lifts, hence cannot comment on the cost.

Maintenance fees of $180 inclusive of carpark lot...frankly i do not think it will be this cheap for a CBD development inclusive of a carpark lot. It just does not make sense for it to be so low with season parking in CBD costing easily more than this amt. I would think $180 is the maintenance fees only without a carpark lot. If residents wants a carpark lot, most likely will have to pay extra, just like any other developments in CBD. Just don't get your hopes up too high that $180 will be including of carpark lot. If it happens, its a bonus.

totally agree. don't be sold on an idea that is too good to be true. it probably is. even 180 without carpark seems too good to be true (but possible) when suites at orchard is $500!

Quote Originally Posted by Serendipity
    Maintenance fees of $180 inclusive of carpark lot...frankly i do not think it will be this cheap for a CBD development inclusive of a carpark lot. It just does not make sense for it to be so low with season parking in CBD costing easily more than this amt. I would think $180 is the maintenance fees only without a carpark lot. If residents wants a carpark lot, most likely will have to pay extra, just like any other developments in CBD. Just don't get your hopes up too high that $180 will be including of carpark lot. If it happens, its a bonus.

How to throw in car park lot for free when there isn't enough car park lot to allocate to each unit? All these condo estates with car park lots less than number of units are just time bombs ticking that may explode in future when most residents decided to own a car because by then there is no way to allocate car park lots fairly and we will see fighting, scratching/vandalism of cars etc for those who can't get car park lots in their own estate?

Quote Originally Posted by Serendipity

i think that situation (insufficient parking time bomb situation) is more likely to happen say for eg at shelford suites (80 car park lots for 77 units) where most units are family sized 3 bedders. for smack in cbd and mostly 1+1 units, prob won't have such a situation.

How to throw in car park lot for free when there isn't enough car park lot to allocate to each unit? All these condo estates with car park lots less than number of units are just time bombs ticking that may explode in future when most residents decided to own a car because by then there is no way to allocate car park lots fairly and we will see fighting, scratching/vandalism of cars etc for those who can't get car park lots in their own estate?

most tenants in CBD dun drive....if they drive, most likely they wun rent a unit there...this is very true for those projects with lots of 1bedders

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    i think that situation (insufficient parking time bomb situation) is more likely to happen say for eg at shelford suites (80 car park lots for 77 units) where most units are family sized 3 bedders
    let say it already happened ...
    ppl are having problems registering 2nd cars.

agreed for this kind of CBD condos, they are primarily for renters. a new lifestyle is coming, aka London inner city, manhattan.

welcome to the future of metropolitan singapore

If the parkng fees goes to condo's sinking fund or maintenance fund, that's fine. In a way the car owner's are subsidising the maintenance of the condo. That's provided the carparks are owned by the MCST, not the developers. Anyone can verify that?

Quote Originally Posted by sh
    If the parkng fees goes to condo's sinking fund or maintenance fund, that's fine. In a way the car owner's are subsidising the maintenance of the condo. That's provided the carparks are owned by the MCST, not the developers. Anyone can verify that?
    ask Huttons agts la...and den tell us here

i asked liao but all blur blur one. so hopefully our old friend home-run can update us once he gets some confirmed data.

ask Huttons agts la...and den tell us here

The living looks like as big as the toilet. A good location.

With all the marketing hype and agents saying many cheques submitted, no news suddenly? Seems to have died off? Maybe skysuite launch before RS?

It's $2300 psf for low floor and $3000 psf for high floor

heard public preview this coming sat?

pls sell out at 2500-3000psf on average!

I hope so too!
    heard public preview this coming sat?

pls sell out at 2500-3000psf on average!

I heard a few more levels were sold today