Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sentosa Cove Living

Default Sentosa Cove Living

Hey folks, anyone currently staying at Sentosa Cove presently can comment about the pros & cons about living there? Thanks in advance!

i also want to know ~

Quote Originally Posted by august
    i also want to know ~
    so far no one replied ...

strange ...

no UHNW here

last time, ppty_owner says he decide to move back to Katong....sentosa cove no 'feel' for him

I don't stay Sentosa Cove but I have some folks who have a place there but even they have moved out already. Overall, superb sea view but lack soul. Depends on what you're looking for. You can always rent a condo there for a year to see whether u like the place - u can get a decent unit at $7-8k per month (I mean condo not bungalow) to try out. As a Singaporean from a middle class family, I think I will feel out of place Too atas liao - I need my comfort food like roti prata and kaya toast nearby.

My verdict - lack soul - if you understand what that means.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    I don't stay Sentosa Cove but I have some folks who have a place there but even they have moved out already. Overall, superb sea view but lack soul. Depends on what you're looking for. You can always rent a condo there for a year to see whether u like the place - u can get a decent unit at $7-8k per month (I mean condo not bungalow) to try out. As a Singaporean from a middle class family, I think I will feel out of place Too atas liao - I need my comfort food like roti prata and kaya toast nearby.

my friend used to rent a unit at the condo ... moved out after 1 yr ..

said no convenient .. although he drives .. and that alot of times ..visitors had to pay to drive into sentosa ..even to visit him ..

similar tots...

IF i ever make millions, i dun mind parking a few mil as a holiday home

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    similar tots...

IF i ever make millions, i dun mind parking a few mil as a holiday home
    i thought you are already a millionaire with your multiple properties?

I am already a billionaire many times over

in rupiah currency

thanks guys! yeah, WF is right maybe i should rent short term and try it out first before committing. it's like a complete opposite to where we are staying now - very tranquil, a bit too tranquil. perhaps am wowed by it first blush becoz of the stark contrast.

I'm a bit of a private person so people visiting is not a worry to me. honestly, i tell my mates if you don't wanna pay $4.20/hr parking (currently) or in future $7 entry to sentosa, then dun come. my frenship worth more lol

There's a half hour shuttle bus out to vivo daily so that will solve sending my maid for errands and night snack. Currently wait for 30mins for her to tahpow prata from lau pa sat. So in future wait 1 hr?

anyways not thinking straight now - in self-rationalizing mood. allowing myself a cooling down period before revisiting this

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo
    thanks guys! yeah, WF is right maybe i should rent short term and try it out first before committing. it's like a complete opposite to where we are staying now - very tranquil, a bit too tranquil. perhaps am wowed by it first blush becoz of the stark contrast.

I'm a bit of a private person so people visiting is not a worry to me. honestly, i tell my mates if you don't wanna pay $4.20/hr parking (currently) or in future $7 entry to sentosa, then dun come. my frenship worth more lol

There's a half hour shuttle bus out to vivo daily so that will solve sending my maid for errands and night snack. Currently wait for 30mins for her to tahpow prata from lau pa sat. So in future wait 1 hr?

anyways not thinking straight now - in self-rationalizing mood. allowing myself a cooling down period before revisiting this
    ur maid will probably enjoy sentosa cove more then u ~~

I've been looking for the past coupla months at bt timah property on the precept of being 1km to good girls schools, so been going for a number of viewings there. but nothing gives me the wow factor - agents quote ridiculously stupid prices for things like 'close to MRT'; 'landed view'; minutes to orchard; minutes to marina bay; can see IR; can see fireworks. feel like slapping them 2 times.

I say to agents: don't waste my time, if the unit does not have the 'wow' factor don't bring me and see. Then they bring me to the best, highest PSF units which honestly, to me suck big time - too many compromises

So nevermind, i think to myself: let's downgrade to the suburbs etc; throw in 200k or so for renovation; build a nice comfy place and save some money. Then i see racial enclaves in some condos; funny people hanging funny things on balconies; undesirables lurking around; or worse.

So i turn to landed. you see in papers $500psf, $600psf! Bullshit, they charge $1200-1300psf for land area.

so now back to square one. i'm not rich like others here, nor do i 'invest' in property. i just buy to live in one

Quote Originally Posted by august
    ur maid will probably enjoy sentosa cove more then u ~~
    can I be your maid, gfoo? I will come back real quick with your roti prata. Just let me sleep in the bedroom with the ocean view (or rusty tanker view). but you better provide me with a free supply of mozzy sprays. I understand mozzies can be a problem on the island.

On a serious note, we just came back from a one-night stay at festive hotel. I have only one thing to say about sentosa: too commercialized. I actually liked the island better 10 years ago. I would never want to live there now.
    Last edited by stalingrad; 19-10-10 at 11:33.

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    can I be your maid, gfoo? I will come back real quick with your roti prata. Just let me sleep in the bedroom with the ocean view (or rusty tanker view). but you better provide me with a free supply of mozzy sprays. I understand mozzies can be a problem on the island.
    mozzies? now THAT will be a major issue for me no matter how wonderful the view is.

mozzies? now THAT will be a major issue for me no matter how wonderful the view is.
    install 'invisible netting'

http://www.magneticscreen.com.sg/productsindex.asp

ALL low flr/landed (below 20th flr will have mozzies problems one lah)

]

No, I think 5th floor is the lowest you can live with no mozzy problems.

]

No, I think 5th floor is the lowest you can live with no mozzy problems.
    i kena mozzies attack when i was visiting a fren who stays at 18th flr....apparently, only me kena bite the most

this type of netting quite gd....it can prevent any other unwanted 'guests' into ur hse as well like cockroach, lizards etc etc

If I'm not wrong, such short-term accomodation arrangements can be made and is quite common at these Sentosa Cove condos. Many people actually rent for a year or less to "try-out" or "recharge" just like yourself. The view is really breathtaking - the beach is so close - and it feels 100x nicer than those East Coast condos separated by the ECP. it's like a vacation every day Life is short - so just do it if you really lemming for it.

If I'm not wrong, such short-term accomodation arrangements can be made and is quite common at these Sentosa Cove condos. Many people actually rent for a year or less to "try-out" or "recharge" just like yourself. The view is really breathtaking - the beach is so close - and it feels 100x nicer than those East Coast condos separated by the ECP. it's like a vacation every day Life is short - so just do it if you really lemming for it.
    u r also making me salivate

is true, very nice

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Which place are you referring to? I had lived between 15th-20th floor and never ever seen a mosquito or housefly in my house (of course, without those mozzie screen as they will block the wind and make the rooms real warm and stale!). (15th-20th is my preferred floor level).

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Usually if you find mozzie on 18th floor, these must be self/neighbours breeded. Mozzies can't/won't fly so high unless it takes the lift.

i kena mozzies attack when i was visiting a fren who stays at 18th flr....apparently, only me kena bite the most

this type of netting quite gd....it can prevent any other unwanted 'guests' into ur hse as well like cockroach, lizards etc etc

Nowadays whole family spend like $30k on a short 7 days vacation. Surely $8k rental for the family at Sentosa Cove for 180 days, i.e. half a year ($48k) gives one better bang for buck right?

what to salivate at? wherever you go on the island, there is a throng of tourists. they talk loud and they bring with them whatever habits they developed in their own countries.

seaview? no, more like rusty tanker view. can you even swim in that water? must be infested with all kinds of heavy metals and bacteria.

so the bottom line, what to salivate at? or what to pay $3000psf for?

what to salivate at? wherever you go on the island, there is a throng of tourists. they talk loud and they bring with them whatever habits they developed in their own countries.

seaview? no, more like rusty tanker view. can you even swim in that water? must be infested with all kinds of heavy metals and bacteria.

so the bottom line, what to salivate at? or what to pay $3000psf for?
    u immediately killed my beautiful imagination...haha

u immediately killed my beautiful imagination...haha
    Singapore is a good country to live in. but its attraction lies in law and order, not in natural beauty. If you want to live in a breath taking natural environment, you should live in Vancouver or Geneva, not Singapore.

My wife and I and the kids trekked all over Sentosa. wherever you go, you see rusty tankers looming on the horizon, and oil slicks on the surface of the sea. you pay $35 million (to buy a bungalow) to see that or swim in that? Not me. We actually swam in the hotel pool, which is much cleaner than the sea near shores.

I am not denigrating Singapore. I am just saying that it doesn't make a lot of sense to live in Sentosa, especially if it costs an arm and leg to live there.

Singapore is a good country to live in. but its attraction lies in law and order, not in natural beauty. If you want to live in a breath taking natural environment, you should live in Vancouver or Geneva, not Singapore.

My wife and I and the kids trekked all over Sentosa. wherever you go, you see rusty tankers looming on the horizon, and oil slicks on the surface of the sea. you pay $35 million (to buy a bungalow) to see that or swim in that? Not me.

I am not denigrating Singapore. I am just saying that it doesn't make a lot of sense to live in Sentosa, especially it costs an arm and leg.
    hmmm ok...van/gen too far for me wor...duno how to imagine

Batam/Penang also better and much cheaper rite?

Aussie swan river also very nice

methinks sentosa cove practices car-ism. go via visitor gantry, just nod head let me thru. agent drove a 1 series was stopped and had to get the owner to buzz the guard to let him thru.

methinks sentosa cove practices car-ism. go via visitor gantry, just nod head let me thru. agent drove a 1 series was stopped and had to get the owner to buzz the guard to let him thru.
    wah lau....my lousy car better dun enter den...

what do yo drive?