PDA

View Full Version : The Lanai

Hillview
24-09-10, 11:13
Any news? S$1300 PSF

sfwoo
24-09-10, 11:59
Any news? S$1300 PSF

If really $1300...then very ex(nearly double)...compared to the older developments all around it.

Rysk
24-09-10, 12:27
1300psf already can get F'hold D11 - Montebleu, Pavillion 11, D12 - The Arte... near city project liao!!

bargain hunter
24-09-10, 12:40
unless MM units lor. but by far east rite? prob won't be MM but this will be far east pricing as usual lor.

1300psf already can get F'hold D11 - Montebleu, Pavillion 11, D12 - The Arte... near city project liao!!

eddiehu
24-09-10, 14:20
The Pricing will be 1300 psf onward, premium finishing will be provided, 900 by 900 marble provided and other. Full condo facilities with tennis courts.

Hillvista left with 7 units selling 1100-1200 psf, TOP end of this year.

Any enquries, please contact Eddie Hu @ 9188 1715

gfoo
24-09-10, 15:37
the lansai? :p

Wild Falcon
24-09-10, 16:38
Not MMs. Even the smallest 2 bedder which is around 950 sq ft seems "large" by today's standard. Looks like Far East just refuse to downsize. I actually think small units or 1-bedder in Hillview (which is non-existent today) can move. Fairly good size units at 1300psf? You really must give it to Far East to launch standard size units at record prices at today's market.

gohsoonk
24-09-10, 17:04
Was looking at this in yesterday's BT. Saw Far East is the developer...immediately SKIP...

unless MM units lor. but by far east rite? prob won't be MM but this will be far east pricing as usual lor.

devilplate
24-09-10, 17:50
tat time i enquire hillvista around 1050psf seems cheap liao....lol

yowetan
25-09-10, 10:29
Is it worth to get this lanai?

Or I shld take a look at the other developments along the street like hillview residence, hillview 128, montrosa and merawoods?

Whats all your take?

sfwoo
25-09-10, 10:34
If really $1300 psf, not worth it, no matter what fittings they put in.

If you buy nearby at $700 psf, you have alot of money to left over to buy whatever fittings you want!

yowetan
25-09-10, 10:40
If really $1300 psf, not worth it, no matter what fittings they put in.

If you buy nearby at $700 psf, you have alot of money to left over to buy whatever fittings you want!

I browse through propertyguru, and I somehow feel the current psf they are asking ranges from 770-850psf along this hillview avenue. I am also wondering if this is even a good period to get one? Anyone been to this showflat? Alot of crowd?

sfwoo
25-09-10, 10:45
I browse through propertyguru, and I somehow feel the current psf they are asking ranges from 770-850psf along this hillview avenue. I am also wondering if this is even a good period to get one? Anyone been to this showflat? Alot of crowd?

Is showflat ready? I thot still constructing?
Propertyguru lists asking prices. Asking always high a little bit for people to bargain down mah.

yowetan
25-09-10, 10:51
Is showflat ready? I thot still constructing?
Propertyguru lists asking prices. Asking always high a little bit for people to bargain down mah.

oh?! the showflat is not ready yet? I read in propertyguru that agents are inviting.....as for the price psf, I went to streetsine.com and check the past proceeding, all costing around 750-800+ psf along the street, notably the merawoods.

Btw, I aim merawoods long time ago. Comparing merawoods to lanai, which one is better since they r very extreme - one near the main road, one is edged to the corner of forestation.

sfwoo
25-09-10, 10:56
oh?! the showflat is not ready yet? I read in propertyguru that agents are inviting.....as for the price psf, I went to streetsine.com and check the past proceeding, all costing around 750-800+ psf along the street, notably the merawoods.

Btw, I aim merawoods long time ago. Comparing merawoods to lanai, which one is better since they r very extreme - one near the main road, one is edged to the corner of forestation.

Merawoods is 999 yrs. Can park 2 cars, second one ?pay $50 per mth? Very big development, got plus and minus points on this. A lot of activities planned by MC for festivals. High up on hill and hence, air is better, can see forest mist when it rains if face greenery.

yowetan
25-09-10, 10:59
Merawoods is 999 yrs. Can park 2 cars, second one ?pay $50 per mth? Very big development, got plus and minus points on this. A lot of activities planned by MC for festivals. High up on hill and hence, air is better, can see forest mist when it rains if face greenery.

yah, I also feel merawoods is bigger than montrosa, hillview residence and run down hillview 128. I am also looking at glendale park and hillington green for they are very near to the future MRT too.

I have only 1 car, so carpark crunch will not impact me though. Bsed on ur opinion, there are many choices.

What do u think of other developments along the belt, such as hillview green, hillbrooks, glendale park and hillington green.

Which one is a good buy? For personal stay and stay vested.

sfwoo
25-09-10, 11:08
yah, I also feel merawoods is bigger than montrosa, hillview residence and run down hillview 128. I am also looking at glendale park and hillington green for they are very near to the future MRT too.

I have only 1 car, so carpark crunch will not impact me though. Bsed on ur opinion, there are many choices.

What do u think of other developments along the belt, such as hillview green, hillbrooks, glendale park and hillington green.

Which one is a good buy? For personal stay and stay vested.
What is a good buy? Good question...how to answer? Too many variables to consider...

But I dun like Hillview 128 even tho FH, small units, small pool, right next to factory.
Hillington Green can park one car only, out for me.
Hillbrooks...some face factory, I saw one grd floor one with large PES(330 sq ft or so) and tiny rooms(put bed and walk around it)...
If want MRT, Glendale Park is the one to aim for, Hillview Heights is next door, but much older, pool is very, very old school in Hillview Heights.

devilplate
25-09-10, 11:10
glendale best...but asking very high

yowetan
25-09-10, 11:13
What is a good buy? Good question...how to answer? Too many variables to consider...

But I dun like Hillview 128 even tho FH, small units, small pool, right next to factory.
Hillington Green can park one car only, out for me.
Hillbrooks...some face factory, I saw one grd floor one with large PES(330 sq ft or so) and tiny rooms(put bed and walk around it)...
If want MRT, Glendale Park is the one to aim for, Hillview Heights is next door, but much older, pool is very, very old school in Hillview Heights.

how about hillview green? which is happen to next to lam soon?

sfwoo
25-09-10, 11:18
how about hillview green? which is happen to next to lam soon?

I know one chap who bought a 3+1 at close to a million,in 2001, bank took back and sold for $700K, made him a bankrupt, and later price dropped to $500+K for the same sized unit...now it is ?$800K?

The common areas got a lot of stairs and slopes, nice to some, hazardous to others.

I dun like cos my family got knee problems!

yowetan
25-09-10, 11:24
I know one chap who bought a 3+1 at close to a million,in 2001, bank took back and sold for $700K, made him a bankrupt, and later price dropped to $500+K for the same sized unit...now it is ?$800K?

The common areas got a lot of stairs and slopes, nice to some, hazardous to others.

I dun like cos my family got knee problems!

Wow, you sound as though this development is a jinx. Btw, among all precious gems lying around hillview area. I still feel something for merawoods and glendale park. With Lanai upcoming, I wonder if it wld push the price up further for these developments, I am still saving for my 1st home...

sfwoo
25-09-10, 11:29
Wow, you sound as though this development is a jinx. Btw, among all precious gems lying around hillview area. I still feel something for merawoods and glendale park. With Lanai upcoming, I wonder if it wld push the price up further for these developments, I am still saving for my 1st home...

No lah, not the development. Around 1999-2001, banks took back and auction a lot of properties.

Lanai will have an effect...likely push asking prices higher.

Wild Falcon
25-09-10, 11:40
And Hillvista is at a superior location nearer the roundabouts, better unblocked views and nearer future MRT station :)

tat time i enquire hillvista around 1050psf seems cheap liao....lol

Wild Falcon
25-09-10, 11:53
Actually I like the "layered" structure of the Hillview condos. Because of the topography, it creates "challenges" for the architect, and most plots are layered which gives it some depth compared to totally flat land. Glendale Park that u named below for example - has 3 -4 layers right with a steep slope at the side? Of course there will be some steps leading to the next "layer" but it makes a development more interesting to explore with different topography and some pockets of undulating land and waterfalls falling to the next "layer". Even some of the condos like Parc Palais has swimming pool on the second floor of the fronting units and not the first.

FEO is really "brave" to launch The Lanai (weird name) generous size units at such prices in today's market. Scala sold well because it was (i) before cooling measures (ii) very very small midget units. Maybe this will suffer the same fate as "The Sound". kekeke... but u never know lah. When Hillvista was sold at >$1000psf, everyone laugh. Now also almost 100% sold right?

proud owner
25-09-10, 13:30
Actually I like the "layered" structure of the Hillview condos. Because of the topography, it creates "challenges" for the architect, and most plots are layered which gives it some depth compared to totally flat land. Glendale Park that u named below for example - has 3 -4 layers right with a steep slope at the side? Of course there will be some steps leading to the next "layer" but it makes a development more interesting to explore with different topography and some pockets of undulating land and waterfalls falling to the next "layer". Even some of the condos like Parc Palais has swimming pool on the second floor of the fronting units and not the first.

FEO is really "brave" to launch The Lanai (weird name) generous size units at such prices in today's market. Scala sold well because it was (i) before cooling measures (ii) very very small midget units. Maybe this will suffer the same fate as "The Sound". kekeke... but u never know lah. When Hillvista was sold at >$1000psf, everyone laugh. Now also almost 100% sold right?

where is Lanai ?

i always feel Petals is nice .. but somehow not popular

yowetan
25-09-10, 14:52
I wonder how lanai is a good project if it is neither on the top side of the hillview avenue and it sits right next to the main road and opposite the factory. This somehow market itself same class as minor hillview 128. Also, the price 1300+psf is just way off....

devilplate
25-09-10, 14:54
I wonder how lanai is a good project if it is neither on the top side of the hillview avenue and it sits right next to the main road and opposite the factory. This somehow market itself same class as minor hillview 128. Also, the price 1300+psf is just way off....

greenwich 1.1kpsf leh for 99LH:p

yowetan
25-09-10, 14:57
greenwich 1.1kpsf leh for 99LH:p

if this is the case, all condos along the hillview uphill will get better price or similar to lanai then....how?

devilplate
25-09-10, 15:01
if this is the case, all condos along the hillview uphill will get better price or similar to lanai then....how?

once far east really launch at 1.3kpsf....agts sure use tat to compare and mabe ppl will grab glendale park at close to 1kpsf

dun forget far east nvr drop price....can hold till next cycle even for 99LH projects

i din buy hillvista at 1050psf leh....how...lol....blessing in disguise or miss the boat?

yowetan
25-09-10, 15:04
once far east really launch at 1.3kpsf....agts sure use tat to compare and mabe ppl will grab glendale park at close to 1kpsf

dun forget far east nvr drop price....can hold till next cycle even for 99LH projects

i din buy hillvista at 1050psf leh....how...lol....blessing in disguise or miss the boat?

I tot someone mentioned there are a few units left? U can still grab it if you want. I doubt the price will spike that much for places like hillview128, montrosa, hillview residence and merawoods. As for glendale it has many reasons to go at high price....again I really dun see any selling point for lanai.

devilplate
25-09-10, 15:08
I tot someone mentioned there are a few units left? U can still grab it if you want. I doubt the price will spike that much for places like hillview128, montrosa, hillview residence and merawoods. As for glendale it has many reasons to go at high price....again I really dun see any selling point for lanai.

mabe u go help us check out the latest hillview prices? sm1 mention 1150psf? 100psf extra...alot for me wor:o

qmwfire
25-09-10, 23:22

this sounds familiar like another far east project at bukit timah, Jardin
maybe will market as Jardin of hillview haha :doh:

Wild Falcon
13-10-10, 13:56
Wah lau eh. Didn't even know got "preview" - and they sold 76 units oredi?

======

Property developer Far East Organization has announced that it sold 76 units, including a bulk deal, at a preview of The Lanai (http://lushhomemedia.com/2010/08/12/the-lanai-hillview-avenue/)project which began on October 9.

Located in the Hillview area, the 10-storey development comprises 214 units in six towers. The project includes a mix of two-, three-, and four-bedroom units with sizes starting from 947 sq ft.

The developer released three towers with a total of 110 units for the weekend preview. The official launch for the project is expected next weekend.

Separately, another 20 units at the Esparina Residences EC were sold over the weekend, while another EC project in Yishun, The Canopy was launched for sale at the same time, with an average price of approximately $650 psf.

Source : PropertyGuru – 12 Oct 2010

bargain hunter
13-10-10, 13:58
we dunno how big is the bulk purchase mah. scarly 70 units sold to bulk buyer (= far east's friends) hahaha. just received a call from an agent half an hour ago, i told him, not interested, not looking at buying ppty any more, not intending to rent nor sell my current house in answer to his questions. :D

Wah lau eh. Didn't even know got "preview" - and they sold 76 units oredi?

======

Property developer Far East Organization has announced that it sold 76 units, including a bulk deal, at a preview of The Lanai (http://lushhomemedia.com/2010/08/12/the-lanai-hillview-avenue/)project which began on October 9.

Located in the Hillview area, the 10-storey development comprises 214 units in six towers. The project includes a mix of two-, three-, and four-bedroom units with sizes starting from 947 sq ft.

The developer released three towers with a total of 110 units for the weekend preview. The official launch for the project is expected next weekend.

Separately, another 20 units at the Esparina Residences EC were sold over the weekend, while another EC project in Yishun, The Canopy was launched for sale at the same time, with an average price of approximately $650 psf.

Source : PropertyGuru – 12 Oct 2010

devilplate
13-10-10, 15:16
lanai 1300psf....take how long to breakeven??:p

stalingrad
13-10-10, 16:08
we dunno how big is the bulk purchase mah. scarly 70 units sold to bulk buyer (= far east's friends) hahaha. just received a call from an agent half an hour ago, i told him, not interested, not looking at buying ppty any more, not intending to rent nor sell my current house in answer to his questions. :D yes, we buyers have gone on strikes. We will not hand in our hard earned money to the developers at such obscene prices. I will not buy either.

devilplate
13-10-10, 16:59
strangely, my offer getting higher after cooling measures....:confused:

bargain hunter
13-10-10, 20:36
good for u! but also previously u said your offers coming in low mah. so efficient market now brings your value more in line as those overhyped ones lose steam. :)

strangely, my offer getting higher after cooling measures....:confused:

Wild Falcon
14-10-10, 10:34
The most "hush-hush" preview ever - no SMS no invitations whatsoever. I wonder how much "discount" this bulk buyer manage to negotiate?

So for those who think that developers will sell cheap if they get their land cheap - think again. Far East acquired the land at $371psfppr and now selling at $1,300psf. I wonder if Lam Soon warehouse nearby will sell that plot of FH land in Hillview? It should be quite "valuable".

====
FAR East Organization is said to have sold 76 units at The Lanai, a 999-year leasehold condo in the Hillview area, at a preview that started last Saturday. The units sold include a bulk deal.

Prices at the 10-storey project start at $1,290 psf. The bulk purchaser would probably have obtained a discount.

The development comprises 214 units in six towers. Apartments include a mix of two-, three-, and four-bedders. Sizes start from 947 sq ft for a two-bedder.

For the weekend preview, the property giant released three towers totalling 110 units. The official launch, marked by the start of an advertising campaign, is expected next weekend.

Far East is developing the project on a 123,494 sq ft site at Hillview Avenue which it bought from a unit of Cerebos Pacific back in 1996 for $88 million. The land price at the time worked out to about $371 per sq ft per plot ratio, based on media reports back then. Cerebos previously used the site for manufacturing.

In the Sengkang area, Frasers Centrepoint has sold another 20 units at Esparina Residences executive condo (EC) during the weekend, taking total sales to 364 units. Sales began last Friday. The average selling price is $740 psf. Esparina comprises 573 units.

Another EC project, The Canopy in Yishun, goes on sale this weekend. The average price is expected to be about $650 psf. ECs are a hybrid of public and private housing.

Source: Business Times © Singapore Press Holdings Ltd.

sfwoo
14-10-10, 10:48
The most "hush-hush" preview ever - no SMS no invitations whatsoever. I wonder how much "discount" this bulk buyer manage to negotiate?

FEO got big, big family, and loads of "connected" people, if own people buy up, the number of units sold will look very nice indeed.

But $1300 psf in an area when people are doing at $700 psf? Petals got recent advert at $700 psf, freehold somemore.

Wild Falcon
14-10-10, 10:53
Petals got some "strange" units, like penthouse 2 bedder with the entire rooftop. Very hard to sell.

FEO got big, big family, and loads of "connected" people, if own people buy up, the number of units sold will look very nice indeed.

But $1300 psf in an area when people are doing at $700 psf? Petals got recent advert at $700 psf, freehold somemore.

sfwoo
14-10-10, 11:02
Petals got some "strange" units, like penthouse 2 bedder with the entire rooftop. Very hard to sell.

Was wondering whether to put a roof top open air jacuzzi if we got that type of unit!

devilplate
14-10-10, 11:04
in tat area...resale all above 800psf for standard units lah...dun be fooled by 700psf

i kind of missed the boat for hillvista leh...1050psf for 5th flr....zzz

sfwoo
14-10-10, 11:31
Got....see the recent caveats lodged...and got people continue to bargain it down recently...HEEHEEHEE...the table came out wrong, but underlined is the PSF price.

[quote=devilplate]in tat area...resale all above 800psf for standard units lah...dun be fooled by 700psf

Project Namehttp://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (http://javascript<b></b>:setSortBy('PROJECT_NAME');)Street Namehttp://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (http://javascript<b></b>:setSortBy('STREET_NAME');)Typehttp://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (http://javascript<b></b>:setSortBy('PROPERTY_TYPE');)No. of Unitshttp://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (http://javascript<b></b>:setSortBy('COVER');)Price
($)http://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (http://javascript<b></b>:setSortBy('PRICE');)Area (Sqft)1
http://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (http://javascript<b></b>:setSortBy('FLOOR_LAND_AREA_SQF');)Type of Area2
http://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (http://javascript<b></b>:setSortBy('LOT_TYPE');)Unit Price ($psf)3
http://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (http://javascript<b></b>:setSortBy('PRICE_PSF');)Date of Option Exercised / Sales Agreement Signedhttp://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (http://javascript<b></b>:setSortBy('CONTRACT_DATE');)THE PETALS HILLVIEW AVENUECondominium1810,0001,195Strata678Sep-10THE PETALS HILLVIEW AVENUECondominium11,200,0001,636Strata733Sep-10THE PETALS HILLVIEW AVENUECondominium11,180,0001,636Strata721Aug-10

devilplate
14-10-10, 12:26
Got....see the recent caveats lodged...and got people continue to bargain it down recently...HEEHEEHEE...the table came out wrong, but underlined is the PSF price.

[quote=devilplate]in tat area...resale all above 800psf for standard units lah...dun be fooled by 700psf

Project Namehttp://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (http://javascript<b></b>:setSortBy('PROJECT_NAME');)Street Namehttp://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (http://javascript<b></b>:setSortBy('STREET_NAME');)Typehttp://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (http://javascript<b></b>:setSortBy('PROPERTY_TYPE');)No. of Unitshttp://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (http://javascript<b></b>:setSortBy('COVER');)Price
($)http://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (http://javascript<b></b>:setSortBy('PRICE');)Area (Sqft)1
http://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (http://javascript<b></b>:setSortBy('FLOOR_LAND_AREA_SQF');)Type of Area2
http://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (http://javascript<b></b>:setSortBy('LOT_TYPE');)Unit Price ($psf)3
http://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (http://javascript<b></b>:setSortBy('PRICE_PSF');)Date of Option Exercised / Sales Agreement Signedhttp://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (http://javascript<b></b>:setSortBy('CONTRACT_DATE');)THE PETALS HILLVIEW AVENUECondominium1810,0001,195Strata678Sep-10THE PETALS HILLVIEW AVENUECondominium11,200,0001,636Strata733Sep-10THE PETALS HILLVIEW AVENUECondominium11,180,0001,636Strata721Aug-10

u aiming to buy a unit there?

i only eyeing glendale park....but 850-900psf leh

Veryln
14-10-10, 13:40
i also looking at that area lei......:(

sfwoo
14-10-10, 20:49
[quote=sfwoo]Got....see the recent caveats lodged...and got people continue to bargain it down recently...HEEHEEHEE...the table came out wrong, but underlined is the PSF price.

u aiming to buy a unit there?

i only eyeing glendale park....but 850-900psf leh

In some ways, Glendale is better. Communal space large. Walk to MRT soon.

Petals gotta contend with heavy, heavy traffic at the doorstep during rush hr in the morning.

Petals was launched at around $500 psf I think.

proud owner
14-10-10, 21:13
[quote=devilplate]

In some ways, Glendale is better. Communal space large. Walk to MRT soon.

Petals gotta contend with heavy, heavy traffic at the doorstep during rush hr in the morning.

Petals was launched at around $500 psf I think.

i seriously cannot undrestand why people paid so high for neighbouring projects to Petals ..

esp that LH one Hill something ...

petals has pretty good layout ...

bargain hunter
14-10-10, 23:49
hillview regency...far east's pride. one of the few 99 years in that area. rare! must grab! hahaha :doh: they finish selling liao or not? :ashamed1:

[quote=sfwoo]

i seriously cannot undrestand why people paid so high for neighbouring projects to Petals ..

esp that LH one Hill something ...

petals has pretty good layout ...

devilplate
15-10-10, 00:42
[quote=bargain hunter]hillview regency...far east's pride. one of the few 99 years in that area. rare! must grab! hahaha :doh: they finish selling liao or not? :ashamed1:

this project really CMI....haha:p

steventym
15-10-10, 14:04
I love the Lanai. Just bought a unit there. Really worth the value as it have the best finishes and facilities. When I get my house, neighborhood projects already very old. Probably 12 to 15 years old. Got a very good price before launch as there's early bird discount and furniture voucher. So happy.......:)

bargain hunter
15-10-10, 14:31
care to share what is the psf AFTER discount? coz the papers reported 1290psf which apparently most of the forumers here found to be quite steep.

I love the Lanai. Just bought a unit there. Really worth the value as it have the best finishes and facilities. When I get my house, neighborhood projects already very old. Probably 12 to 15 years old. Got a very good price before launch as there's early bird discount and furniture voucher. So happy.......:)

Wild Falcon
15-10-10, 16:04
Are you the bulk purchaser? :)

Now still early bird period? Maybe I should kpo to go see look.. Can share how much discount? 20%? 30%? kekeke....

Why didn't u consider Hillvista - immediate occupation and superb views.

ozcraze
15-10-10, 16:57

Congrats!
But you really sound like the FE agt who has emailed me about The Lanai.....:spliff:

proud owner
15-10-10, 21:33
Congrats!
But you really sound like the FE agt who has emailed me about The Lanai.....:spliff:

so strange

he came .. posted a msg ... bought a unit.. with disc .. furniture vouchers ??? (desperate act) ... and then DISAPPEARED ..

7 hrs already ...

jencrs
15-10-10, 23:59
so strange

he came .. posted a msg ... bought a unit.. with disc .. furniture vouchers ??? (desperate act) ... and then DISAPPEARED ..

7 hrs already ...Ppls damn happy, must be go celebrate or something mah. Give 10 more min la.

steventym
17-10-10, 14:47
Are you the bulk purchaser? :)

Now still early bird period? Maybe I should kpo to go see look.. Can share how much discount? 20%? 30%? kekeke....

Why didn't u consider Hillvista - immediate occupation and superb views.

I bought at 1310psf. Was given 15% + 2% furniture voucher. Regarding Hillvista, its fully sold la. Anyway, Hillvista finishes and amenities are nowhere near Lanai. You see and saliva drip. See for yourself and you will know why I bought.

qmwfire
18-10-10, 01:31
I bought at 1310psf. Was given 15% + 2% furniture voucher. Regarding Hillvista, its fully sold la. Anyway, Hillvista finishes and amenities are nowhere near Lanai. You see and saliva drip. See for yourself and you will know why I bought.

1310psf after discount??? :scared-4:

devilplate
18-10-10, 09:29

Far east now super smart....they still got remaining 28 units of Mi Casa unsold and they shifted the Mi Casa Model to Lanai showflat...

if buyers find Lanai prices too steep....i am sure they will readily push them to Mi Casa....one 1300psf and the other 8xxpsf....

I been to Lanai showflat, very impressive furnishing....layout is very efficient as usual. suddenly i feels far east projects very spacious as compared to other new launches like Scala, NV and even minton...

fully equipped kitchen (agt keep stressing developer throw in 45k for the appliances)

90X90 marble flooring:D

not much views though....

smallest 2bedder from 1.3xmio:scared-4: (13xxpsf after less)

strange thing is: model not ready yet and yet can still sell 7x units oredi at record breaking price in tat area:scared-5:

btw, congrats on ur purchase:cheers1:

Wild Falcon
18-10-10, 10:18
Not officially "launched" yet right? I notice 3 showflats in the area. The Lanai, Suncottages and Mi Casa. Very clever lah - if you got higher budget, they direct you to Suncottages landed property. If got lower budget, they direct you to Mi Casa :))) So you're enveloped left right center. Looks like Hillview not going down the small units route like many CCR and RCR areas? Could be a good thing - every locality needs to have a niche :) - large and spacious near parks and nature is quite a unique selling point.

devilplate
18-10-10, 10:48
Not officially "launched" yet right? I notice 3 showflats in the area. The Lanai, Suncottages and Mi Casa. Very clever lah - if you got higher budget, they direct you to Suncottages landed property. If got lower budget, they direct you to Mi Casa :))) So you're enveloped left right center. Looks like Hillview not going down the small units route like many CCR and RCR areas? Could be a good thing - every locality needs to have a niche :) - large and spacious near parks and nature is quite a unique selling point.

D23 lucky to have FEO? ride on them and no MM:cheers6:

ozcraze
18-10-10, 11:05
smallest 2bedder from 1.3xmio:scared-4: (13xxpsf after less)

strange thing is: model not ready yet and yet can still sell 7x units oredi at record breaking price in tat area:scared-5:

7x units sold is excluding the bulk purchase? If so, that's really impressive! :eek: So many rich peeps around!

Heard that psf higher for bigger units?

rattydrama
18-10-10, 11:18
7x units sold is excluding the bulk purchase? If so, that's really impressive! :eek: So many rich peeps around!

sell to FE sister company?

I think there are couple of rich pple in the north with cash as they manage to save cash as their current property is cheap during those time they bought.

Wild Falcon
18-10-10, 11:18
No lah. 78 units including the bulk purchase.

So I heard, the LARGER the units, the higher the PSF! The 4-bedders has the highest PSF. This is not normal at all...

bargain hunter
18-10-10, 13:40
FEO did that for Cyan and in the process of doing the same for Altez simply because the bigger units are located on top of the smaller units which are lower floors. another smart strategy by far east.

So I heard, the LARGER the units, the higher the PSF! The 4-bedders has the highest PSF. This is not normal at all...

ozcraze
18-10-10, 13:49

Oh.... i see......

The bulk purchase should be 75 or 76units?

That means only 2-3units sold?

Wild Falcon
18-10-10, 23:22
Nobody knows lah. It's not even officially launched or heavily marketed and model not even ready. Unlike Glynderbourne (I call it the Bourne Identity) - everyday I receive like flyers on my windscreen, in the mailbox, and SMSes etc. - really overkill liao. This one seem quiet and dignified.

Oh.... i see......

The bulk purchase should be 75 or 76units?

That means only 2-3units sold?

Wild Falcon
18-10-10, 23:35
May not be smart strategy. I'm sure had FEO gone down the "small units to squeeze PSF" route, they would have achieved even higher PSF and much better sales performance. Look at the recent launches at Orchard like Suites@Orchard- very small units and selling like hot cakes. Singaporean's budget is limited - those who die die must stay Orchard just "settle" for tiny units that is within one-bamboo length from your neighbouring condo. The total absolute quantum at Lanai is way higher than Suites@Orchard MM - a person who wants to be "perceived" as "successful" will probably laugh at any "moron" who bought Lanai at such a high quantum without getting much prestige. Presumably a person who stays in Orchard will always be seen as more "successful" in our status-conscious society - regardless of the size of the unit. Such "niche" development with spacious units like The Lanai will probably appeal to to a very niche crowd which means it will take a long time to sell out. In short, may not be the best selling strategy from a profitability and cash flow perspective. Anyway, I think maybe it is not in FEO DNA to sell MMs lah.

FEO did that for Cyan and in the process of doing the same for Altez simply because the bigger units are located on top of the smaller units which are lower floors. another smart strategy by far east.

orpheus
19-10-10, 01:38
I just visited Lanai showflat yesterday. I quite like the Hawaiian theme.. Seems like a resort rather than a condo..

The psf is higher compared to the surrounding developments, but come to think of it, i don't think a brand new project in any location, will be released at the pricing of older developments.. Then who will still buy the old developments, and most probably all the new units will be snapped up even b4 any official launch.

As my parents r stayin ard this area, me n my wife now lookin around at new projects around hillview, upper bukit timah or bukit batok areas. Anyone has recommendations? Thanks..

proud owner
19-10-10, 01:41
I just visited Lanai showflat yesterday. I quite like the Hawaiian theme.. Seems like a resort rather than a condo..

The psf is higher compared to the surrounding developments, but come to think of it, i don't think a brand new project in any location, will be released at the pricing of older developments.. Then who will still buy the old developments, and most probably all the new units will be snapped up even b4 any official launch.

As my parents r stayin ard this area, me n my wife now lookin around at new projects around hillview, upper bukit timah or bukit batok areas. Anyone has recommendations? Thanks..

may i ask
why do you have to buy NEW project ?

orpheus
19-10-10, 01:49
Hmm no particular reason, juz that we prefer a new house..

proud owner
19-10-10, 02:08
Hmm no particular reason, juz that we prefer a new house..

ok noted

then i have no recommendation as i feel its crazy that in the same area ..the older ones are 700-800 psf while the new ones are above 1000 psf and in the case of lanai .. what ? 1300 psf ?

u can get an older one, spend the money and renov it to your taste .. and still cheaper

rattydrama
19-10-10, 08:38
people use heart to buy because it is for own stay.

ok noted

then i have no recommendation as i feel its crazy that in the same area ..the older ones are 700-800 psf while the new ones are above 1000 psf and in the case of lanai .. what ? 1300 psf ?

u can get an older one, spend the money and renov it to your taste .. and still cheaper

devilplate
19-10-10, 09:35

u r abit too late...if not i will recommend u Hillvista....so we missed the boat together...lol:ashamed1:

how abt Mi Casa(find subsale....much cheaper):D

ozcraze
19-10-10, 09:52
u r abit too late...if not i will recommend u Hillvista....so we missed the boat together...lol:ashamed1:

Do you know what psf did FEO quote for the 4bedders during launch?
I remember when I visited show flat in early '08, they advertised 980psf up.

devilplate
19-10-10, 09:55
Do you know what psf did FEO quote for the 4bedders during launch?
I remember when I visited show flat in early '08, they advertised 980psf up.

yes ard 1kpsf....so subsale will not be cheap for hillvista....just 2mths ago FEO still selling 5th flr hillvista at 1050psf after all discounts....:(

i mean find subsale for mi casa:D

orpheus
19-10-10, 10:22

how abt Mi Casa(find subsale....much cheaper):D

Yah, when I visited lanai, I asked bout hillvista, but they mentioned that it is fully sold.. Will there be any other new projects coming out in this area?

devilplate
19-10-10, 10:32
Yah, when I visited lanai, I asked bout hillvista, but they mentioned that it is fully sold.. Will there be any other new projects coming out in this area?

dun tink so......if have also wun be cheap oredi due to Lanai:p

Wild Falcon
19-10-10, 14:13
There should be - looking at those vast empty plots of land now under "newater" construction along Hillview ave. I'm sure our government will auction out those land soon. And those railway track land.... But dunno when lah. But those will be 99LH lor. In short, confirm NO MORE freehold in Hillview - The Lanai shall be last 999LH plot. I suspect enbloc may start. Interestingly, some of the landed housing there are seeking enbloc because apparently, the land there is not designated for landed and can build apartments and condos. So the landed there definitely has upside potential.

devilplate
19-10-10, 15:39
There should be - looking at those vast empty plots of land now under "newater" construction along Hillview ave. I'm sure our government will auction out those land soon. And those railway track land.... But dunno when lah. But those will be 99LH lor. In short, confirm NO MORE freehold in Hillview - The Lanai shall be last 999LH plot. I suspect enbloc may start. Interestingly, some of the landed housing there are seeking enbloc because apparently, the land there is not designated for landed and can build apartments and condos. So the landed there definitely has upside potential.

u better pray they dun enbloc those landed....surely turned into MM apts like telok kurau:p

Lam Soon got chance enbloc? but DC charges in hillview to convert to residential still FOC?

cashrich
19-10-10, 19:59
u better pray they dun enbloc those landed....surely turned into MM apts like telok kurau:p

Lam Soon got chance enbloc? but DC charges in hillview to convert to residential still FOC?

I've travelled on the road and the whole area is in a big mess. Traffic condition is terrible. The one enblocked successfully are the "odd" or "even" number ones behind Hillview Regency. No news yet.

Wild Falcon
19-10-10, 22:10
U mean the MRT construction along Upper Bukit Timah and Bukit Timah? Bo bian lah - if want MRT then just have to live with the construction and "mess". I thought the disruption was acceptable other than the King Albert Park portion (very messy), because no lanes were taken out - just the road become super winding machiam F1 track. But Hillview Ave is still relatively quiet. The railway track turns out to be a blessing in disguise as it becomes a green lung separating and shielding Hillview from the busy Upper Bukit Timah.
I've travelled on the road and the whole area is in a big mess. Traffic condition is terrible. The one enblocked successfully are the "odd" or "even" number ones behind Hillview Regency. No news yet.

DC33_2008
20-10-10, 10:36
Is it really worth average psf of $1200? Some of the those freehold developments closer to the future beauty world mrt stn is only about $800 - 950psf.

devilplate
20-10-10, 10:40
Is it really worth average psf of $1200? Some of the those freehold developments closer to the future beauty world mrt stn is only about $800 - 950psf.

compare apple to apple lor...

terrene around 1200psf mah.....this one 1300psf...makes terrene much better buy oredi:D

sfwoo
20-10-10, 10:41

Depends.

Emotions come in when bying/selling.
If you like, it is worth it.
If you dun like, it is not.

I dun like. So, not worth that kind of money.

devilplate
20-10-10, 10:44
Depends.

Emotions come in when bying/selling.
If you like, it is worth it.
If you dun like, it is not.

I dun like. So, not worth that kind of money.

jus like isit worth to pay 4kpsf+ for 99LH in orchard:D

all is perceived value:D

DC33_2008
20-10-10, 10:49
But it has to be a fair comparison, i.e., in close proximity.

devilplate
20-10-10, 10:49
But it has to be a fair comparison, i.e., in close proximity.

every project/ppty is unique mah

mantrix
20-10-10, 11:30
The Lan(s)ai ..... LOL

DC33_2008
20-10-10, 11:37
We need some ignorant home buyers in the market. It can be a really expensive mistake which cannot be recoup.

ozcraze
20-10-10, 17:03
any idea how long before we're able to see the caveats being lodged on ura web?

rattydrama
22-10-10, 00:43
jus like isit worth to pay 4kpsf+ for 99LH in orchard:D

all is perceived value:D

dont think it is worthwhile unless money is no issue to me and i am in the status of "I buy whatever I like" and still got plenty of money.

4000psf LH orchard vs 600psf in Woodlands.

It is 6 times the price. I could have 6 units and each collecting 2K rental minues all miscellenous = 12k per month.

gohsoonk
22-10-10, 09:44
One can refer to the median rental rates in URA. Look at all the median rental rates and pick the max/min.

I will round down the min and round up the max. It works out to $2 psf (min) - $7 psf (max).

If you are looking at rental rates for investment, it would make sense to compare the ratio of the rental rates over the ratio of the capital investment of popular investments (rated as more than 10 rental transactions in a quarter).

dont think it is worthwhile unless money is no issue to me and i am in the status of "I buy whatever I like" and still got plenty of money.

4000psf LH orchard vs 600psf in Woodlands.

It is 6 times the price. I could have 6 units and each collecting 2K rental minues all miscellenous = 12k per month.

devilplate
22-10-10, 09:47
even some 3rm HDB flat in gd location r commanding 3-4 psf....lol

eddiehu
22-10-10, 13:13
To be honest, buying Hillview area is for own stay before MRT. After MRT completed will have a lot potential. Look @ Lorong Chuan and Bedok Reserviour.

rattydrama
22-10-10, 15:13
It is rather risky to buy one unit at $4m. Probably just buy 3 units and keep the balance cash for future opportunity.

yowetan
24-10-10, 11:02
Do you guys think its advisable to get those upper units at montrosa, merawoods or even hilltop than lanai? These developments are cheaper and readily for occupation.

devilplate
24-10-10, 11:09
Do you guys think its advisable to get those upper units at montrosa, merawoods or even hilltop than lanai? These developments are cheaper and readily for occupation.

if u use Lanai as comparison....anywhr else in tat area is CHEAP:D

devilplate
24-10-10, 11:12

hello AGENT!!!!!!!!!!!:tongue3:

yowetan
24-10-10, 11:31
hello AGENT!!!!!!!!!!!:tongue3:

Hello back to you loh....:doh:

MrTan78
24-10-10, 15:36
I just went to Lanai yesterday and I was quite impressed by the finishes and layout. Nowadays, FEO really changed a lot huh? I'm looking for own stay and I'm thinking whether to buy Lanai or Hillvista as these 2 projects are the only new developments in Hillview. What do you guys think?

Wild Falcon
24-10-10, 16:17
IMHO, FEO quality is excellent - just ignore those auntie uncle from the older generation who always talk bad about FEO quality. U can go see some their newly completed condos to have a feel of the quality. Even some of their "older" mass-market condos like Lakeshore or even their EC at Woodlands Casa something have better finishing than some high-end condos. Also, ceiling height (very very important!) seems more generous as well. A lot of FEO completed condos have 3 meters ceilings - which is a rarity say at CDL/Keppel developments with ceilings of 2.4m (this this horrible and make the entire unit appear very cheap and cramped). It short, FEO doesn't cut corners on ceiling heights etc. - ceiling height is the easiest corner to cut and buyers will not have no recourse against developer.

I only comment on general quality of the finishings. But not on whether Lanai or Hillvista present good value. Value is in the eye of the beholder.

BTW, I heard Lanai does not take up the entire plot and FEO still has other freehold plots in Hillview. So, Lanai may not be the last 999LH/FH development in Hillview which I mention earlier.

I just went to Lanai yesterday and I was quite impressed by the finishes and layout. Nowadays, FEO really changed a lot huh? I'm looking for own stay and I'm thinking whether to buy Lanai or Hillvista as these 2 projects are the only new developments in Hillview. What do you guys think?

orpheus
25-10-10, 13:03
I think freehold and 999 lands are quite scarce nowadays..

Was checking on some new projects in other areas, mostly are 99 years..

MrTan78
25-10-10, 15:53
WildFalcon, thanks for the info. Which other piece of land are you referring to? I check on the URA website but there is no residential plot available in Hillview now. Also, I did not notice any free land that can be developed except the one near Hillvista. But the staff mentioned about a piece of land for educational purpose and it was really reflected in the URA plan.

kingkong1984
04-12-10, 09:33
Any update on sales? Very quiet

Hillview
11-12-10, 12:01
I said the Lanai is not worhty the money that FE asked.

mygeemeel
11-12-10, 16:07
This project is not worth, I'm 100% certain. I will prefer to wait for next year's new projects which will cost me anywhere in the region of $650-800psf only.

If really like hillview area, buy either hillview heights, hillview green or Glendale. These are alot better and cheaper and well worth the money. Any downturn will allow me more cash as safety net. Buying Lanai at $1100+psf, I will have a hard time selling at $1400psf.

Look at Lanai's advert, it mentioned it is near Jurong Lake dev. Lanai obviously has no potential and used JL as a marketing too. Not ethical, gives people wrong information.

Wild Falcon
12-12-10, 15:40
I think Lanai is more like $1350psf, not $1100psf. The smallest 2 bedder at 950 sq ft will be more than $1.3 million. This is almost the same absolute price tag as d'Leedon (d'Leedon's 2 bedder is following the small-format 700+ sq ft trend). So with such high absolute price tag and that Far East refuse to "stoop down" to small-format units in Hillview area like d'Leedon, I would think it'd be difficult to move units. Having said that, 2 blocks were sold out and only one block was available for sale when i was there (I believe altogether 5 blocks? cannot remember). Even then, about 50% of that block is already sold...

Lanai is not at the "upper" part of Hillview. So one has to think twice to pay so much for that. The GLS plot opposite Glendale Park (albeit 99LH) sure looks more promising.

Wild Falcon
12-12-10, 16:03
BTW, I had a feeling the "new" project next year (GLS opposite Glendale) will likely exceed 650-800psf. Might hit close or even exceed $1000psf.

devilplate
12-12-10, 16:51
BTW, I had a feeling the "new" project next year (GLS opposite Glendale) will likely exceed 650-800psf. Might hit close or even exceed $1000psf.

land price shd be at least 450psf:D

Hillview
13-12-10, 14:18
The buyers of the Lanai have high potential to go bankkrupt if they buy the project at such a high price. I have never seen a new project with the price double to that of the surrounding projects.

devilplate
13-12-10, 17:58
The buyers of the Lanai have high potential to go bankkrupt if they buy the project at such a high price. I have never seen a new project with the price double to that of the surrounding projects.

lanai, greenwich, the sound....all jialat:doh:

horizon residences in D5 initial launch price still reasonable

SV88
13-12-10, 18:11
lanai, greenwich, the sound....all jialat:doh:

horizon residences in D5 initial launch price still reasonable
Why hillview price never really go up much?

devilplate
13-12-10, 18:13
Why hillview price never really go up much?

how much u expect? last yr bottom about 600-650psf for glendale park

teddybear
13-12-10, 19:02
"A lot" of FEO condos have 3m ceiling? Which are the the ones without 3m ceiling?
Which condo has 2.4m ceiling? I have never heard of condos with such low ceilings before!
Condos TOP before 2004 always have about 3m ceiling. The newer ones don't? I heard Park Infinia has only about 2.8m ceiling height.

IMHO, FEO quality is excellent - just ignore those auntie uncle from the older generation who always talk bad about FEO quality. U can go see some their newly completed condos to have a feel of the quality. Even some of their "older" mass-market condos like Lakeshore or even their EC at Woodlands Casa something have better finishing than some high-end condos. Also, ceiling height (very very important!) seems more generous as well. A lot of FEO completed condos have 3 meters ceilings - which is a rarity say at CDL/Keppel developments with ceilings of 2.4m (this this horrible and make the entire unit appear very cheap and cramped). It short, FEO doesn't cut corners on ceiling heights etc. - ceiling height is the easiest corner to cut and buyers will not have no recourse against developer.

I only comment on general quality of the finishings. But not on whether Lanai or Hillvista present good value. Value is in the eye of the beholder.

BTW, I heard Lanai does not take up the entire plot and FEO still has other freehold plots in Hillview. So, Lanai may not be the last 999LH/FH development in Hillview which I mention earlier.

stalingrad
13-12-10, 19:20
"A lot" of FEO condos have 3m ceiling? Which are the the ones without 3m ceiling?
Which condo has 2.4m ceiling? I have never heard of condos with such low ceilings before!
Condos TOP before 2004 always have about 3m ceiling. The newer ones don't? I heard Park Infinia has only about 2.8m ceiling height.

come and buy a unit of carabelle, where the ceiling height is 3.3 meters, almost one meter higher than some of the keppel and CDL projects, according to wild falcon. 2.4m, haha, even I find that hard to believe.:scared-4:

but 3.3 m ceiling height at carabelle is real. come and check it out.

acidic.straw
14-12-10, 07:07
I think freehold and 999 lands are quite scarce nowadays..

Was checking on some new projects in other areas, mostly are 99 years..

Even if freehold or 999, developer will buy and sell as 99 yrs. Chk out FEO who bought Rose Garden at FH and build The Shore to sell as 103 yrs LH. How crappy can you get? :banghead:

bargain hunter
15-12-11, 14:04
3 more units sold in nov 2011 at median of 1344psf.

bargain hunter
16-04-12, 14:42
3 more sold in mar at 1323, 1351 and 1447psf.

03-11-14, 22:16
Project has already obtained TOP

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7500/15502986187_5d62f3b101_c.jpg (https://www.flickr.com/photos/128833285@N03/15502986187/)
image (https://www.flickr.com/photos/128833285@N03/15502986187/) by 081828 (https://www.flickr.com/people/128833285@N03/), on Flickr
https://flic.kr/p/pBWRXk
https://flic.kr/p/pU9cjc
https://flic.kr/p/pBWQJ8
https://flic.kr/p/pU9bhn
https://flic.kr/p/pBWQt8

dare2
16-11-14, 09:24
This project is not worth, I'm 100% certain. I will prefer to wait for next year's new projects which will cost me anywhere in the region of $650-800psf only.

If really like hillview area, buy either hillview heights, hillview green or Glendale. These are alot better and cheaper and well worth the money. Any downturn will allow me more cash as safety net. Buying Lanai at $1100+psf, I will have a hard time selling at $1400psf.

Look at Lanai's advert, it mentioned it is near Jurong Lake dev. Lanai obviously has no potential and used JL as a marketing too. Not ethical, gives people wrong information.

WOW....$650-800psf really? Developers are doing charity work next year onward? ...even cheaper than EC? Can't wait.....maybe should start camping there for a queue ticket...

henryhk
16-11-14, 12:06
Lanai is selling at more than $1400 psf lol..... tose hillview heights , Glendale looks unbelievable cheap!! can buy, if wait for 800 psf, I tink need wait next century liao

lajia
16-11-14, 12:53
the rest in the vicinity are not cheap in that area, just that this is ridiculously high. but what to do, ppl still buy which means, there is a market in my opinion....look at The Petals much in front nearer to bukit batok, they are selling less than 1K psf Freehold some more, in some cases more than 40% cheaper....so, sometimes you cannot use logic to explain. this is what I have learnt in this forum.....:)

Lanai is selling at more than $1400 psf lol..... tose hillview heights , Glendale looks unbelievable cheap!! can buy, if wait for 800 psf, I tink need wait next century liao

henryhk
16-11-14, 13:18
the rest in the vicinity are not cheap in that area, just that this is ridiculously high. but what to do, ppl still buy which means, there is a market in my opinion....look at The Petals much in front nearer to bukit batok, they are selling less than 1K psf Freehold some more, in some cases more than 40% cheaper....so, sometimes you cannot use logic to explain. this is what I have learnt in this forum.....:)

Freehold properties near hillview mrt are valuable.... because the value is the same after 20 years, .. While 99 years condo after 20 years will feel the stress of depreciating, like a car.... especially now where freehold is scarce ....

lajia
16-11-14, 14:58
Freehold or leasehold is out of question here. I am just comparing the two developments and their pricing. In my opinion given a choice, I will not choose hillview area. Too slow for capital appriciation and given mrt is slmost everywhere by the time thry have their mrt...just my opinion.

Freehold properties near hillview mrt are valuable.... because the value is the same after 20 years, .. While 99 years condo after 20 years will feel the stress of depreciating, like a car.... especially now where freehold is scarce ....