PDA

View Full Version : iSuites @ Marshall (D15, Freehold, i Development Pte Ltd)

water
06-09-10, 21:55
Hi, anyone has any information/comments on this? Is the small MM unit good for investment / rental ?Thanks

Condorich
06-09-10, 22:11
:doh:

its going to be under the water for sometime. Try to find something to hang on to.

Wild Falcon
08-09-10, 11:12
I think with the new restrictions on HDB, some low-budget PRs with HDB budget of $400 - $500k may squeeze family of 2-3 into such low-cost D15 <400sq ft MMs only marginally larger than Hong Kong cage dwellings. After all, no where else can find such "cheap quantum" cramped private properties. so bo bian squeeze into MM lor. But research has proven that such crowded and cramped environment will have serious social and psychological implications. High density living comes at a cost. So maybe prices of such "lowest cost" private cage condos may not drop after all. Desperate times calls for desperate measures - and in this case, living in small dwelling spaces due to budget contraints (and HDB no longer available).

cashrich
08-09-10, 12:16
I think with the new restrictions on HDB, some low-budget PRs with HDB budget of $400 - $500k may squeeze family of 2-3 into such low-cost D15 <400sq ft MMs only marginally larger than Hong Kong cage dwellings. After all, no where else can find such "cheap quantum" cramped private properties. so bo bian squeeze into MM lor. But research has proven that such crowded and cramped environment will have serious social and psychological implications. High density living comes at a cost. So maybe prices of such "lowest cost" private cage condos may not drop after all. Desperate times calls for desperate measures - and in this case, living in small dwelling spaces due to budget contraints (and HDB no longer available).

Actually, those who low budget of $400k to $500k may end up buying bigger and not as ideal private apartments in ulu districts rather than to squeeze into MM. Worst case, rental. MM is purely for single person for self stay and nothing else. Rental is not ideal as yield is lower.

You can try to push MM to these PRs and make MM owners happy.

water
08-09-10, 22:29
Actually thinking of getting a MM unit to rent for the next 10-20 years to cover the purchase and then to stay there when old. ;)

Maybe I should think twice about it since everyone is skeptical on the rental return!

From what i heard from agent, several MM units have already been booked ... so seem like the demand is still there for MM unit and the price (>1400psf for MM unit) is not coming down! :banghead:

devilplate
08-09-10, 22:37
Actually thinking of getting a MM unit to rent for the next 10-20 years to cover the purchase and then to stay there when old. ;)

Maybe I should think twice about it since everyone is skeptical on the rental return!

From what i heard from agent, several MM units have already been booked ... so seem like the demand is still there for MM unit and the price (>1400psf for MM unit) is not coming down! :banghead:

stick to ur budget....i wud rather u suffer lesser rental yield den having problems paying mortgage installment.....if not, dun invest physical ppty....try reit

Wild Falcon
09-09-10, 14:01
You would be surprised. Just not too long ago, this guy appear on ST and said his family of 3 "upgraded" from a 5-room HDB flat into a studio in The Sail. Imagine, 2-3 persons living in a studio with no privacy :) Such people exist.

Actually, those who low budget of $400k to $500k may end up buying bigger and not as ideal private apartments in ulu districts rather than to squeeze into MM. Worst case, rental. MM is purely for single person for self stay and nothing else. Rental is not ideal as yield is lower.

You can try to push MM to these PRs and make MM owners happy.

gfoo
09-09-10, 15:36
You would be surprised. Just not too long ago, this guy appear on ST and said his family of 3 "upgraded" from a 5-room HDB flat into a studio in The Sail. Imagine, 2-3 persons living in a studio with no privacy :) Such people exist.

not possible. a studio is how big - how can 3 pax squeeze into a studio?
you got the url to the story?

there's also a rumor that i heard of a family of 6 in a studio from one of the guards lol. dunno true or not

azeoprop
09-09-10, 15:47

If that is your plan, I would advise you on getting a studio unit within a mid to large development with full condo facilities. Since u will live there eventually, best to have some useful facilities around. I guess the people profile in proper full condo development will be better than those of purely MM units.

Another option is dual key units.

:2cents:

cashrich
09-09-10, 16:29

Better to see and touch first. Drawings are not to scale and often distort the real livable space by making it look bigger. You probably need custom furnitures.

What's the hurry?

Why don't consider others if your budget is 1400 x 500 sqf = 700k. Can get decent ready built studios in suburds or even 2 bedders (older condo). Since rental, heck care as long as it is rentable.

:doh: mickey mouse trap to mickey mouse graves.
If prefer new, NV is within the range right?

water
10-09-10, 15:22
Thanks for everyone's comments! :)

The reason on why I am considering for iSuites @ Marshall MM unit is as followed:

a) Budget is < 500k
b) Wife preferred that the property is freehold
c) Near to numerous eateries and upcoming revamped Katong Mall, Katong Shopping Centre, etc
d) Relatively near to East Coast Park.
e) Living in small space should be okie for me as I work in HK staying in small hotel room for over a year! However, small area might be a concern for my wife.:beats-me-man:

Anyway, as most people are guessing and awaiting for the price to drop, guess I should also wait and see first! :spliff2:

cashrich
10-09-10, 16:54
Self stay don't bother too much. Buy something you like

If not urgent, can wait at least a quarter or so.

If urgent, just buy.

devilplate
10-09-10, 23:40
every ppty is unique

mcmlxxvi
11-09-10, 00:23
Do u drive? If not it will be a chore to get to east coast rd main rd. But much nearer to dunman rd only about 3 mins walk.

water
11-09-10, 15:24
Do u drive? If not it will be a chore to get to east coast rd main rd. But much nearer to dunman rd only about 3 mins walk.

Currently I am driving. But I thought walk to east coast rd is around 5 mins?

Also anyone know whether will there be any chance that the future mrt will be somewhere nearby?

Wild Falcon
12-09-10, 11:51
<500k budget probably only available in D14 and D15...

I'm not sure about 2 persons staying in 300 - 500 sq ft "private property". Based on your budget, you may want to consider a HDB flat that is more spacious. After all, everyone needs his own personal space and privacy, and over the years, you may have collected various collectibles over the years which needs a proper space to house them. 2 persons in a space about the size of closet in my mind is too close for comfort. I note the budget constraints but sometimes life is more about staying in a private property. HDBs can be very cosy accomodation as well. And if it's meant for investment first then owner-occupation, you can wait because market should be cooling quite a bit in the next few months. Also, there should be tons of such D15 budget condos coming up.

I notice a new trend where couples prefer to stay in separate rooms after getting hitched. My friends and I talk about it all the time - esp the independent younger generation who bought their own place after few years of work. There could still be intimacy - but everyone just needs that wee bit of privacy and personal space and of course more space to store their own things. Therefore, while such MMs may be popular due to the low quantum, there is also a new interesting emerging trend where yuppy couples may need their own separate room decorated to their own liking - so 2 bedders and 3 bedders may be in vogue again :)

Thanks for everyone's comments! :)

The reason on why I am considering for iSuites @ Marshall MM unit is as followed:

a) Budget is < 500k
b) Wife preferred that the property is freehold
c) Near to numerous eateries and upcoming revamped Katong Mall, Katong Shopping Centre, etc
d) Relatively near to East Coast Park.
e) Living in small space should be okie for me as I work in HK staying in small hotel room for over a year! However, small area might be a concern for my wife.:beats-me-man:

Anyway, as most people are guessing and awaiting for the price to drop, guess I should also wait and see first! :spliff2:

mcmlxxvi
12-09-10, 12:16
Currently I am driving. But I thought walk to east coast rd is around 5 mins?

Also anyone know whether will there be any chance that the future mrt will be somewhere nearby?

I walked in the night and took about 8 to 10 mins plus broke out light sweat. Thus not recommended.

marktkt22
18-02-11, 08:34
nevertheless, location gd, not too far parkway, Katong mall, Katong shopping center

water
19-02-11, 14:07
nevertheless, location gd, not too far parkway, Katong mall, Katong shopping center
Last check from URA, all units have been sold.

The most X psf as followed:
99 Marshall Road #05-08
Freehold
$1478
$524k
25 Oct 10

Price okie for this location? :beats-me-man:
I believe this will be the kind of psf that we can expect from District 15 MM :banghead:

marktkt22
16-04-11, 23:11
wow ..all units sold , impressive..:)

ccc
02-07-11, 15:40
http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/1223/dsc1021gr.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/268/dsc1021gr.jpg/)

Constructing second floor now, seem that it will take more than one year to TOP ......

ccc
30-07-11, 18:20
http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/5383/dsc1048q.jpg

Can any old bird tell me normally how much longer will be needed for this kind of 5 storeys apartment to TOP from this stage now?

marktkt22
30-07-11, 22:16
By early q1 2012 should be ok.
Welcome to d15,

marktkt22
30-07-11, 22:21
Hi ccc,
U got a unit there ?

ccc
31-07-11, 02:01
Hi ccc,
U got a unit there ?

Yup, brought a small MM unit. Hope to move out from parent place and stay alone :hell-hath-no-fury: If not, rent out if the market still good :cheers1:

ccc
31-07-11, 02:04
By early q1 2012 should be ok.
Welcome to d15,

that will be great!!! U have similar unit ? that why u said Q1?

but the signboard put dec 2012 as the date of completion. ...:beats-me-man:

richwang
31-07-11, 09:51
Sign Board is just indicative. I saw projects completing a year before Sign Board and also projects completing a year after (the original) Sign Board (they change the completion date).
Q1 2012 should be ok for that project. Just my guess.
Thanks,
Richard

ccc
30-08-11, 17:12
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/1168/dsc1182.jpg

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/422/dsc1187kk.jpg

Small area for swimming pool!
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/5531/dsc1189e.jpg

Inside 2nd floor
http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/8909/dsc1191.jpg

View from 2nd floor
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/6052/dsc1193vc.jpg

marktkt22
30-08-11, 18:32
Thanks for pic, ccc.

mcmlxxvi
30-08-11, 20:28
wow ccc is daring

ccc
10-09-11, 14:06
wow ccc is daring

Actually I ask one worker/supervisor whether can go in and take a look!
He said okie and so I mai tu liao! :D

That why managed to take some pictures from second floor.

ccc
10-09-11, 14:07
Thanks for pic, ccc.

no problem!
I am trying to go regularly (1 - 2 months) to take some pictures!

water
19-10-11, 22:34
Edited Edited

ccc
06-11-11, 15:03
Just some updates on the progress :)

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/9901/dsc1407g.jpg

They are working on the top floor liao.

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/1593/dsc1418f.jpg

Based on the pictures, can anyone advise on which stage is the development at now? cos i have only paid up to foundation .... does this mean that it will take a few more years to TOP? :doh:

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/959/dsc1432v.jpg

112 Katong seem to be ready real soon!!:D

Wild Falcon
07-11-11, 09:01
Interesting article on ST yesterday about shoebox units. Even though D15 has the most number of low budget entry level shoeboxes, it has the lowest profitable deals.

Exerpt:-

Resale shoebox units tend to be more profitable at locations that have a demand for short-term housing.

The report showed, surprisingly, District 17 (Loyang, Changi) coming in as top location, although Mr Goh said this could be due to the low number of transactions in that area (see graphic).Next was District 20 (Bishan, Ang Mo Kio) followed by District 8 (Little India), District 1 (Raffles Place, Chinatown), and District 2 (Anson, Tanjong Pagar). These areas attract tenants looking for short-term housing, especially for its proximity to business centres or enclaves of people from various ethnic groups.

Mr Goh said it was curious that even though District 15 (Katong, Joo Chiat) saw the most transactions, it did not have high percentages of profitable deals. This could be due to the saturation of the market there, where buyers are spoilt for choice, he added.

devilplate
07-11-11, 09:09
Interesting article on ST yesterday about shoebox units. Even though D15 has the most number of low budget entry level shoeboxes, it has the lowest profitable deals.

Exerpt:-

Resale shoebox units tend to be more profitable at locations that have a demand for short-term housing.

The report showed, surprisingly, District 17 (Loyang, Changi) coming in as top location, although Mr Goh said this could be due to the low number of transactions in that area (see graphic).Next was District 20 (Bishan, Ang Mo Kio) followed by District 8 (Little India), District 1 (Raffles Place, Chinatown), and District 2 (Anson, Tanjong Pagar). These areas attract tenants looking for short-term housing, especially for its proximity to business centres or enclaves of people from various ethnic groups.

Mr Goh said it was curious that even though District 15 (Katong, Joo Chiat) saw the most transactions, it did not have high percentages of profitable deals. This could be due to the saturation of the market there, where buyers are spoilt for choice, he added.
d17 and d20 got shoebox meh? I can only tink of riz haven in d17 got....but only like 4units.....shoebox meaning below 506sqft and not just 1bdrs

mcmlxxvi
07-11-11, 09:17
d17 and d20 got shoebox meh? I can only tink of riz haven in d17 got....but only like 4units.....shoebox meaning below 506sqft and not just 1bdrs

Good observation. D20 Thomson V i think?

Jonathan0503
07-11-11, 09:21
Must read such articles with a pinch of salt.

marktkt22
03-02-12, 11:47
When top ? Seem quite well completed ....
Another mm with plenty of rentals units

ccc
04-03-12, 19:28
http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/4375/dsc1773y.jpg

When top ? Seem quite well completed ....
Another mm with plenty of rentals units From the picture, I believe it should be completed in a few months time!

Speaking of rentals, I saw from propertyguru that the newly TOP Heritage East 1 bedroom are asking from 2.6k to 3k!!!:scared-4:

Are these realistic rental rate which people will rent? Anyone can advise?