PDA

View Full Version : Sengkang S6

bonestock
06-09-10, 15:20
Hi everyone, this is my 1st post in the forum.

I currently live in Sengkang HDB and will be looking to upgrade to a private property in the near future.

Recently, I came across Esparina but later realised that my chances will probably be slim since I am not a 1st time. Was told by agent that 95% of the units will be reserved for 1st timers. Anyway, the 700~800 psf for a 3 bedder seems to be on the high side for an EC?

I then found a reserve plot Sengkang S6 that could be up for tender this month from HDB's website. I think the location is much better than Esparina as it is next to Compass Heights.

Have you heard anything about Sengkang S6? If a condo is to be built what do you think the average psf would be? With the cooling measures from the govt do you think developers will still be aggressive in their land biddings which will translate into high psfs?

sleek
06-09-10, 15:34
Its on the Reserve List, so very much will depends on a willing developer to make a bid to match its minimum price, before its triggered for sale. :2cents:

Hence don't think it will be lower than the Esparina Site. :scared-1:

The Bishan site had been on the Reserve List for over 2 years liao! :doh:

bonestock
06-09-10, 16:17
Thanks sleek for your comments :)

Esparina drew 11 bids and the winning bid was 193m. If I am not mistaken the min price was in the region of 100m. I read it on the net some where but I am not able to find that article anymore now that I wanted to link it:ashamed1:

Hopefully S6 comes alive as to me its location is very good.

rainy
06-09-10, 16:22

Esparina drew 11 bids and the winning bid was 193m. If I am not mistaken the min price was in the region of 100m. I read it on the net some where but I am not able to find that article anymore now that I wanted to link it:ashamed1:

:spliff: near mrt ... near compass point ... not surprise average $1000 psf

06-09-10, 16:49
Hi Bonestock,

The thing is that once on the reserve list, there is no certainty when it will be released, especially after the cooling measure part 3. I think all developers are taking a wait n see approach.

There is another executive condo that will be launching soon in sengkang, the one near park green, there were doing some soil tesing there and boarding up the place. This will be most likely after esparina. Locationwise not as good as esperina but you might stand a better chance.

maisonjai
06-09-10, 17:34
if there are not enough of 1st timers to soak up the 95%, they will still release the rest 2nd timers. Whether there is any pent up demand is anybody guess since the last EC launch was some years back. :beats-me-man:

If it's hot then S6 tender might go higher, if demand is low developers might not keen to trigger S6. Complicated :banghead:

mightyleftfoot
14-09-10, 15:52
The plot beside Compasspoint will be hot, whether it is EC or Condo. If Esparina can sell at the speculated pricing of 800psf, we will see record breaking psf for this plot!:simmering: :simmering: :simmering:

gilaone
22-01-11, 22:53
The plot beside Compasspoint will be hot, whether it is EC or Condo. If Esparina can sell at the speculated pricing of 800psf, we will see record breaking psf for this plot!:simmering: :simmering: :simmering:

Anyway to confirm that free plots around the compass point are for private housing? Sekali come up building HDB :doh:

kingkong1984
23-01-11, 11:15
Yes, this area is hot.... Good choice ..

terence
23-01-11, 16:09
personally i still prefer punggol central over sengkang central...

sleek
15-03-11, 23:41
HDB receives 9 bids for Sengkang site (http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporebusinessnews/view/1116704/1/.html)
By Jonathan Peeris | Posted: 15 March 2011 2300 hrs

SINGAPORE : The Housing and Development Board (HDB) has received nine bids for a residential site at Sengkang Square/Compassvale Road at the close of tender on Tuesday.

The highest bid came from Keppel Land Realty at S$286.8 million. This translates to about S$502 per square foot per plot ratio.

The next highest bid of S$274.3 million was submitted by joint bidders Sunmaster Holdings, Garden Estates and TID Residential.

The 99-year leasehold land parcel has a site area of 17,700 square metres and a maximum gross floor area of 53,100 square metres.

Executive director of CBRE Research, Li Hiaw Ho, said he expects the new residential project on the site to be able to fetch around S$1,000 per square foot.

He added that a ready pool of upgraders in Sengkang, Hougang and Punggol new towns will be attracted to the project.

A similar development, H2O Residences at Fernvale Link, was recently launched, with more than 200 units sold over two weekends.

The Sengkang Square site was launched for public tender on January 21 and is slated for a condominium housing development with some 530 dwelling units.

HDB said it will evaluate the bids and announce the final results within the next two weeks.

- CNA/al

fooblackie
16-03-11, 08:29
HDB receives 9 bids for Sengkang site (http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporebusinessnews/view/1116704/1/.html)
By Jonathan Peeris | Posted: 15 March 2011 2300 hrs

SINGAPORE : The Housing and Development Board (HDB) has received nine bids for a residential site at Sengkang Square/Compassvale Road at the close of tender on Tuesday.

The highest bid came from Keppel Land Realty at S$286.8 million. This translates to about S$502 per square foot per plot ratio.

The next highest bid of S$274.3 million was submitted by joint bidders Sunmaster Holdings, Garden Estates and TID Residential.

The 99-year leasehold land parcel has a site area of 17,700 square metres and a maximum gross floor area of 53,100 square metres.

Executive director of CBRE Research, Li Hiaw Ho, said he expects the new residential project on the site to be able to fetch around S$1,000 per square foot.

He added that a ready pool of upgraders in Sengkang, Hougang and Punggol new towns will be attracted to the project.

A similar development, H2O Residences at Fernvale Link, was recently launched, with more than 200 units sold over two weekends.

The Sengkang Square site was launched for public tender on January 21 and is slated for a condominium housing development with some 530 dwelling units.

HDB said it will evaluate the bids and announce the final results within the next two weeks.

- CNA/al

if H2O at the ulu fernvale area is fetching 920psf, this site should easily cross the 1.1-1.2K psf mark.

phantom_opera
16-03-11, 09:37
Only attraction is near MRT and Compass Pt shopping centre, it will be blocked by HDBs (MSCPs on 2 sides) or future condos on the other 2 sides. Looks like top 3 bidders are quite close to each other, valuing it at 500psf. I think Keppel thinks they can just repeat the same sales in Jurong.

Interestingly, it seems Far East / FCP nowadays are more conservative than Kwek / Temasek.

16-03-11, 09:51
Too bad FCP did not do a repeat of capland @ bishan.

Only attraction is near MRT and Compass Pt shopping centre, it will be blocked by HDBs (MSCPs on 2 sides) or future condos on the other 2 sides. Looks like top 3 bidders are quite close to each other, valuing it at 500psf. I think Keppel thinks they can just repeat the same sales in Jurong.

Interestingly, it seems Far East / FCP nowadays are more conservative than Kwek / Temasek.

devilplate
16-03-11, 10:31

FEO/FCP focus on different area....they r more into central/east(up to pasir ris)

devilplate
16-03-11, 10:33
if H2O at the ulu fernvale area is fetching 920psf, this site should easily cross the 1.1-1.2K psf mark.

i really cannot imagine land price had gone up so much....lakefront/manhattan both bidded at 500psf+- and tat was record price den and location is better den sengkang....seriously, sengkang/punggol only got tons of BTO HDBs+compass mall now.....

sengkang condo gona sell at 1.1kpsf....den 8wood along the same line+much nearer to town....HUAT!!!!!!!!:cheers6:

phantom_opera
16-03-11, 10:36
FEO/FCP focus on different area....they r more into central/east(up to pasir ris)

They did jointly submit a bid, below 450psf. I guess they already have Punggol central white site so just tikam only :2cents:

As I previously said, land price should be X2 from 2005 because M3 growth is X2 from 2005 barring a global recession.

Keppel going to build MM or 721sqft 2br like H2O this time??

bargain hunter
16-03-11, 10:41
likely those 7xx sq ft 2 bedders which has suddenly become the new norm among "reputable" developers. :scared-3:

They did jointly submit a bid, below 450psf. I guess they already have Punggol central white site so just tikam only :2cents:

As I previously said, land price should be X2 from 2005 because M3 growth is X2 from 2005 barring a global recession.

Keppel going to build MM or 721sqft 2br like H2O this time??

devilplate
16-03-11, 10:44
likely those 7xx sq ft 2 bedders which has suddenly become the new norm among "reputable" developers. :scared-3:

ya la...URA better do smthing b4 its too late....500sqft 1bedder, 750sqft 2bedder and 1000sqft 3bedder

i cannot imagine 2bedder condos with balconies smaller den 700sqft lor....HDB 3rm flat about 6xxsqft leh....:doh:

devilplate
16-03-11, 10:48

they got tat site at 750psf+- rite....so which means the retail component worth 300psf...hmm

anyway they r smart to bid high high for tat punggol white site.....the Mall surely thrived.....see how packed and crowded compass mall is...:doh:

phantom_opera
16-03-11, 10:51
Actually i think not much diff in terms of usable space compared to earlier batches of 2brs with planter/bay windows/oversized balconies.

For example,

2br 900sqft, planter 90sqft, bay window 30sqft + ?? balcony (see Optima floor plan)

http://www.singaporeexpats.com/singapore-property-pictures/floorplan/optima-at-tanah-merah/floorplan-TypeBS1-r.jpg

effectively left 7XXsqft, CDL is selling H2o 2br @ 743sqft/797sqft without planter, balcony and bay window isn't it ??

azeoprop
16-03-11, 19:39
Most probably they will just copy and paste floor plans from the lakefront residences haa haa....low cost and fast turnaround. :rolleyes:

azeoprop
16-03-11, 19:43
Actually i think not much diff in terms of usable space compared to earlier batches of 2brs with planter/bay windows/oversized balconies.

For example,

2br 900sqft, planter 90sqft, bay window 30sqft + ?? balcony (see Optima floor plan)

http://www.singaporeexpats.com/singapore-property-pictures/floorplan/optima-at-tanah-merah/floorplan-TypeBS1-r.jpg

effectively left 7XXsqft, CDL is selling H2o 2br @ 743sqft/797sqft without planter, balcony and bay window isn't it ??

H2O residences also got oversized balcony for their 2 bedders. The best design 2 bedder 7xxsqft is still the treehouse. No balcony no bomb shelter no bay window no planters and small a/c ledge.

http://www.cdl.com.sg/treehouse/pdf/a1.pdf

linchong84
16-03-11, 21:05
502 psf land cost is not surprising at all.

That site is just beside SK MRT. Got TPE, SLE and most imptly, KPE nearby. Compasspoint, wet market and biggest Kopitiam just beside. Nan Chiau schools within 1km. Big general hospital up by 2020 and aerospace up soon = rental. Want to do sports (run, swim, whatever, even hockey) also have the gigantic sports complex. Want leisure also got punggol waterfront soon, punggol park etc.

With all the above, who cares BTO views? Mass market condos are for mostly for upgraders anyway. They are not that into views anyway..

So, 1.1k psf why not?

jenshuang
16-03-11, 21:28
2 years ago, ppl will think twice even it was 700psf.. The price is rising just too fast to cope with it....:(

mightyleftfoot
18-03-11, 09:10
Most probably they will just copy and paste floor plans from the lakefront residences haa haa....low cost and fast turnaround. :rolleyes:

This one I concur...not much character to speak of in SK, basically concrete jungle.

phantom_opera
18-03-11, 09:47
Big problem is that CAPL/Keppel unable to make $$ in China due to even more drastic measures over there, sitting on huge pile of cash, they must now backpedal to focus on SG market to try to make some $$ to please the share holders.

FEO must be laughing, finally someone like CAPL/Keppel will help them to clear existing stocks ;)

Both UOL/CityDev are selective/opportunistic ... not as hungry.

devilplate
18-03-11, 09:57
Big problem is that CAPL/Keppel unable to make $$ in China due to even more drastic measures over there, sitting on huge pile of cash, they must now backpedal to focus on SG market to try to make some $$ to please the share holders.

FEO must be laughing, finally someone like CAPL/Keppel will help them to clear existing stocks ;)

Both UOL/CityDev are selective/opportunistic ... not as hungry.

UOL super selective and bid high when others r fearful....but this rd they launch too quickly too...haha....shortage of land banks for them leh...hehe

phantom_opera
18-03-11, 11:02
UOL super selective and bid high when others r fearful....but this rd they launch too quickly too...haha....shortage of land banks for them leh...hehe

Enbloc could be key to UOL.

bargain hunter
18-03-11, 20:11
Keppel Land to develop quality homes in Sengkang

The 1.8-ha site will yield about 630 units

Singapore, 18 March 2011 – Keppel Land Limited (Keppel Land) has been awarded the
tender for a prime residential site in Sengkang by the Housing and Development Board.
The winning bid, attained at about $286.8 million comes after the successful launch of
Keppel Land’s latest project, The Lakefront Residences, in November 2010. Located at
the upcoming Jurong Lake District, the development has been positively received with
about 90% of 590 launched units sold.
Mr Augustine Tan, President (Singapore Residential) of Keppel Land, shared, “Keppel
Land is looking forward to lend our expertise and experience to develop a well-planned
and executed development at Sengkang.
“The hallmark quality associated with the Keppel brand has attracted a loyal following of
homebuyers and we are confident that the new development, with its strong attributes
and value propositions, will see positive demand from genuine home purchasers.”
The new 1.8-ha site is situated in the popular North-Eastern region of Singapore, which
includes Sengkang, Punggol, Serangoon and Hougang. With a total resident population
of more than 465,000, Keppel Land expects keen interest from upgraders from these
nearby HDB estates as well.
Homeowners will benefit from the site’s easy and seamless connectivity to the rest of the
island with its strategic location about 200 metres to the Sengkang MRT/LRT station and
bus interchange, as well as its proximity to major expressways, Tampines Expressway
and Kallang-Payar Lebar Expressway. It is also near to schools, including Nan Chiau
Primary School and Nan Chiau High School, as well as a wide range of amenities, such
as Compass Point shopping mall, which is located above the Sengkang MRT/LRT station.
When completed in early-2015, the new site will yield about 630 homes ranging from 450
sq ft to 2,200 sq ft in one- to four-bedroom configurations, as well as penthouses.
Presently in the design and development stage, the project is expected to be launch
ready by end-2011.

bargain hunter
18-03-11, 20:13
450 sq ft for 1 bedder. getting smaller. :)

31-05-11, 14:46
Saw some construction on the piece of land across the road to this, think it is for the showflat. wah launch so fast:scared-4:

fclim
31-05-11, 17:33
Saw some construction on the piece of land across the road to this, think it is for the showflat. wah launch so fast:scared-4:

I think trying to catch the buying wave. Or scared as the market might turn for the worse...

devilplate
31-05-11, 17:40
I think trying to catch the buying wave. Or scared as the market might turn for the worse...
For gls, developer nid to complete by 5yrs rite? Nobody will want to hold on to 99lh land....except LKS...so long haven launch tat thomson project

fclim
31-05-11, 17:56
For gls, developer nid to complete by 5yrs rite? Nobody will want to hold on to 99lh land....except LKS...so long haven launch tat thomson project

Normally, architect design, survey, URA/BCA approvals, legal and other paperwork will take at least 6 months from award. If they do it in 3 months, then it is quite fast. For Terrasse, MCL land took 1 year from award date in May 2010 to launch date in May 2011.

devilplate
31-05-11, 18:02
Normally, architect design, survey, URA/BCA approvals, legal and other paperwork will take at least 6 months from award. If they do it in 3 months, then it is quite fast. For Terrasse, MCL land took 1 year from award date in May 2010 to launch date in May 2011.
Haven launch mah....by the time shd b 6-7mths liao

ysyap
31-05-11, 18:07
Normally, architect design, survey, URA/BCA approvals, legal and other paperwork will take at least 6 months from award. If they do it in 3 months, then it is quite fast. For Terrasse, MCL land took 1 year from award date in May 2010 to launch date in May 2011.KBW's promise to Singaporeans.. everything will be faster... BTO will be faster too... :D Efficiency improvement... :spliff:

fclim
31-05-11, 18:21
Faster, Better, Cheaper. Hahaha.

linchong84
31-05-11, 22:48
Maybe they see H2O manage to sell at such a high price, so they also cant wait to earn money liao. The longer they wait, their potential buyers might flock to H2O.

ysyap
03-06-11, 11:36
Maybe he gonna implement some new measures so better launch faster so can earn first before new measures kick in... hahaha:scared-4:

rockinsg
22-07-11, 18:26
Any got update on the launch date?

linchong84
22-07-11, 19:38
Any got update on the launch date?

showroom still in construction.. not so fast..