PDA

View Full Version : which condo has highest no of Indians from India?

NoodyGirl
20-08-10, 15:35
then Japanese
then Korean
then angmoh?

:doh:

kellogs
20-08-10, 15:44
Looking for Indian husband? :D

Regulators
20-08-10, 15:59
are you intending to shortlist or strike out those condos?

kings
20-08-10, 16:56
condos along meyer road

orange
20-08-10, 18:15
u didn't ask about chinamen?:D

teddybear
20-08-10, 21:38
D5 West Coast.

u didn't ask about chinamen?:D

focus
20-08-10, 22:23
Woo.. I think i am more interested in the place with the highest concentration of japanese... :)

parcoasis09
20-08-10, 22:50
offcourse Parc Oasis:scared-5:

proud owner
20-08-10, 23:53

for me.. a condo with NO SPG will be best

cant stand them

teddybear
21-08-10, 00:15
Marc@Paterson. :D

cant stand them

teddybear
21-08-10, 00:16
Why the special liking?

Woo.. I think i am more interested in the place with the highest concentration of japanese... :)

teddybear
21-08-10, 00:18
High-end at Meyer.
Mid-range at City Square.
Low-end at ???

Looking for Indian husband? :D

Regulators
21-08-10, 00:21
parapoondeks no high or low end, all the same to me :doh:

High-end at Meyer.
Mid-range at City Square.
Low-end at ???

proud owner
21-08-10, 01:01
parapoondeks no high or low end, all the same to me :doh:

some think they are Ang Moh ..just overly tanned ...

they are those who think they are the High end ... and they go out with male friends..they dont hold hands ..

the low end ones go out they hold hands ... machiam buddy buddy ...

Regulators
21-08-10, 01:11
those who work or study in england think they are on par with the ang mohs, they r the most irritating hostel mates u can ever find, along with those rich pakis

some think they are Ang Moh ..just overly tanned ...

they are those who think they are the High end ... and they go out with male friends..they dont hold hands ..

the low end ones go out they hold hands ... machiam buddy buddy ...

orange
21-08-10, 02:41
they think they are the true aryans mah....

pmet
21-08-10, 07:26
Parc Vista for Indians

NoodyGirl
21-08-10, 09:26
Sorry I find Spore condos are totally infested with Indians from India
No offence to bros & sisters, 100pct born here
I am trying to gather info for my friend, looking around
I guess we are trying to avoid THE GREAT INVASION

Guess OK with Japs, Koreans and angmohs, they are less intrusive into our lifestyles and lesser in numbers

I dont want to be a STRANGER IN OWN COUNTRY

focus
21-08-10, 09:45
You have to get used to it if you haven't done so already. :)
There is no escape from FT/FW , be it in suburbs or city core.

Just assumed we have 4mil population (3mil locals/PRs, 1 mil FT/FW?) now.. and the goal is 6mil in population.

So, it can be safe to say that you will meet a FT/FW 50% of the time.

Some more suay... they will meet FT/FW 100% of the time in office .. You asked those Citibank IT staffs who are locals.. their joke is when they go to the office in the morning, they think it's night time. :p (I'm not racists, I actually have no issue with indians.).

NoodyGirl
21-08-10, 09:50
if get a chance to vote, I will be voting for change
btw any1 knows if Cote Azur is "safe"?
You have to get used to it if you haven't done so already. :)
There is no escape from FT/FW , be it in suburbs or city core.

Just assumed we have 4mil population (3mil locals/PRs, 1 mil FT/FW?) now.. and the goal is 6mil in population.

So, it can be safe to say that you will meet a FT/FW 50% of the time.

focus
21-08-10, 09:52
if get a chance to vote, I will be voting for change
btw any1 knows if Cote Azur is "safe"?
Understand Blue Kotek iniitally was more Japanese town. Now I dunno..

cher
21-08-10, 10:57
then Japanese
then Korean
then angmoh?

For indian my guess will be melvile park (not sure spelling) next to savannah park in simei :D

coolview
21-08-10, 11:08
apparently, Indians are now everywhere. Their usual favourites are tanjong rhu area, and in city centre like IP. Now they are also in outlying areas like sengkang. my personal experience is Indians are very calculative and like to cook (curry with their strong Indian spices). Your kitchen will need a makeover aftertat and your curtains smell with the incense and spices.

Wild Falcon
21-08-10, 14:02
Indians
Mandarin Gardens
Melville Park
Waterside (Tanjong Rhu)
Meyer condos

Japanese
West Coast

Koreans
Upper Bukit Timah//Hillview

Guess OK with Japs, Koreans and angmohs, they are less intrusive into our lifestyles and lesser in numbers

jbond
21-08-10, 15:17
I am myself Indian but 100%, pure, Singapore Indian. Lived my whole life in SG. Patriotic to SG. Did NS and finished reservist.

I know of numerous Singapore Indians who, like myself, detest these expats
from India. Very calculative and cunning. They are ungrateful and look down on all Singaporeans. No manners, rude. Want everything for free. Very demanding and not willing to pay anything. Especially those fair skinned from North India. I, again like fellow S'poreans, get along perfectly with my countrymen regardless of race.

When I looking to buy my first private property last year, my main concern was the number of Indians (expats) living in whatever development I was going to buy in. My agent ruled out Melville Park and he helped acquire a unit at Eastpoint Green. I told him I do not want to rent my unit to Indian nationals.

Having said that, I think there are still some good Indians from India. Not all are bad.

mantrix
21-08-10, 15:32
I am myself Indian but 100%, pure, Singapore Indian. Lived my whole life in SG. Patriotic to SG. Did NS and finished reservist.

from India. Very calculative and cunning. They are ungrateful and look down on all Singaporeans. No manners, rude. Want everything for free. Very demanding and not willing to pay anything. Especially those fair skinned from North India. I, again like fellow S'poreans, get along perfectly with my countrymen regardless of race.

When I looking to buy my first private property last year, my main concern was the number of Indians (expats) living in whatever development I was going to buy in. My agent ruled out Melville Park and he helped acquire a unit at Eastpoint Green. I told him I do not want to rent my unit to Indian nationals.

Having said that, I think there are still some good Indians from India. Not all are bad.

I guess the same can be said of Singapore Chinese and their mainland counterparts. They tend to treat Singapore like their own village - littering, spitting, bad manners, talking loudly as if they own the place, snobbish, calculative and the list goes on, which is not exhaustive. This does not imply all mainland chinese are like that, but it is the generic impression.

devilplate
21-08-10, 18:16
all dunwan to rent to mainlanders and indians....den whr they gona stay...lol:D

Wild Falcon
21-08-10, 19:05
There're definitely more NRIs in Singapore now. I heard Mandarin Gardens is now known as "Mumbai Gardens" :)

And in some of the above mentioned condos, the NRIs have taken over the management council - and even the supermart caters to Indian tastes and Indian community events. I have friends who move out of Mandarin Gardens because they felt like strangers in their own country celebrating foreign festivals and raising funds for foreign charities. Some of them are trying to petition for some kind of "ethinic quota" in condos but I doubt it will ever happen. After all, these NRIs are very wealthy and drive up the property prices, esp in East Coast/Meyer/Tanjong Rhu. If you notice, almost all of the Indian enclaves are in the east.

blackfire
21-08-10, 20:47
Every race has its blacksheep. Once I rented to a French couple and they wear shoes in the apartment, so can imagine the scratches and dents on the flooring. Anyway for some reasons Indians always left with a smell after their departures. either spices or cologne or some aroma therapy or yoga they practice. Must make sure they dry clean your curtains in the TA before they leave.

DC33_2008
21-08-10, 20:58
I have rented out to a Indian Family who is relocated from an MNCs from US. They are great and repainted my place before they return to me. I guess it depends on individual. My existing British and French tenants are not bad too as they do not really cook. The Chinese is a bit messy but quite responsible.

focus
21-08-10, 21:08
For indian my guess will be melvile park (not sure spelling) next to savannah park in simei :D

Uh.. but my friend sold his savannah park in early 2008 to a indian working nearby 'coz he mentioned it was invaded.

Regulators
21-08-10, 21:10
they will overtake china soon in terms of population

focus
21-08-10, 21:11

True.. Singaporeans indians,chinese, malays are quite similar since we are brought up in the same environment. .

DC33_2008
21-08-10, 21:13
Could be the IT professionals working in the Changi Biz Park.

coolview
21-08-10, 22:05
Anyway, Indians know where and how to get the best deals. Generally they are very good talkers, their math calculation is very fast.

spikey69
21-08-10, 23:03

cant stand them

SPGs at the pool in their leopard preent bee-kinis are nice.

spikey69
21-08-10, 23:07
I was looking at a unit at Espa...walked past the pool. Old lady in the sari with a young girl in tow...her feet, clad in flip flops were probably dirty from puddles from the earlier rain...so she dipped her feet with slippers on into the pool, shook her feet in the water to rinse them...and then asked the young girl to do the same.

Wild Falcon
22-08-10, 00:22
Super clever and very articulate. That's why the top investment bankers and lawyers are all Indians :)

Anyway, Indians know where and how to get the best deals. Generally they are very good talkers, their math calculation is very fast.

jlrx
22-08-10, 03:10
As long as they bring money here and buy properties, who cares where they are from?

The government should grant more citizenships so that they can also buy landed properties! :D :cheers1:

NoodyGirl
22-08-10, 09:28
U know what
My best friends are Indians, but Singaporean Indians
and guess what, they like you also dislike these guys (Indians from India)
I heard from a friend, hear say only, that the architect and main supporter to bring droves of Indians from India is GCT
No wonder the East is infested
Thanks to the other forumer for the legs up on where the Japs and Koreans are...

NoodyGirl
22-08-10, 09:31
most of these guys come not bringing in money but taking away white color jobs
so what's the advantage to us?

As long as they bring money here and buy properties, who cares where they are from?

The government should grant more citizenships so that they can also buy landed properties! :D :cheers1:

peterng8
22-08-10, 10:00

Singapore is so small and rich,if government does that, alot of land will be owned by foeigners, not only indians, and where are we going to stay in true singapore land next time? as all land will be swarmed by foreigners...and this will create political iand economy ramifications too...which in long term affect singapore adversely ...

dragonred
22-08-10, 10:28
This's a very interesting question and of much value to condo owners. However, am I the only reader who finds the entire conversation distasteful? It's veering way off topic. The resistance to outsiders is ironic given that most of us are looking to buy and invest in condos, hoping at some point to be able to rent it out or flip it at healthy margins. Without a growing or transient population, there's really not much of a condo market.

DC33_2008
22-08-10, 10:57
It depends which level of Global Talent are coming in? A good balance of GT is appropriate for the good of Singapore. We used to have lots of expatriates having more housing allowance plus car allowance but this seems to be shrinking.

sleek
22-08-10, 11:04
Which means to say that if they are here on local terms, then they are no longer FT just another competitors for local jobs? :eek:

It depends which level of Global Talent are coming in? A good balance of GT is appropriate for the good of Singapore. We used to have lots of expatriates having more housing allowance plus car allowance but this seems to be shrinking.

DC33_2008
22-08-10, 11:14
It is possible if you look at the no. of graduates from India, China, Malaysia, etc. who are working her upon graduation from the local Universities besides the private institutions. It is not a small no.

devilplate
22-08-10, 11:27
isit really cheaper for coy to hire an Indian IT grad for instance?

wats the ratio a coy r allowed to have FT?

i heard from HR mgr tat they have difficulty finding locals to fill in their IT positions....tats y they goto find Indians....coy actually prefer locals as FT comes and go

NoodyGirl
22-08-10, 11:43
dont forget the Big Picture?
these guys dont come as biz migrants ie bring $ here
they come to displace
and we hire without discrimination
but as seen in banking they hire their own and only their own

can some1 comment on any non-infested condo in Clementi area?

devilplate
22-08-10, 11:48
today...condo A may not be infested by indians...but doesnt mean the same in future:D

DC33_2008
22-08-10, 11:51
isit really cheaper for coy to hire an Indian IT grad for instance?

wats the ratio a coy r allowed to have FT?

i heard from HR mgr tat they have difficulty finding locals to fill in their IT positions....tats y they goto find Indians....coy actually prefer locals as FT comes and go

Outsourcing is possible but may not be so successful. Local employers get graduates from the region but pay them peanuts and yet they still take it. For example: They could be assistant to everything (Engineers, Architects, etc.). Local graduates like to have good title, starting salary, staff benefits, no long hours, etc. How can employer pay them and yet be competitive in the region.

devilplate
22-08-10, 11:52
i can say tat lower end foreign workers helps to fill in those jobs tat locals shun?

i begin to see 20s-30s china man cleaning toilet, clearing plates....so yng and willing to do such jobs....life must be very tough at mainland...

DC33_2008
22-08-10, 11:56
My chinese friends told me that they are quite a lot of graduates who are unemployed in china even in good time and imagine the less educated ones. This could be one reason why quite a lot of them come to Singapore. Their kids can be here to be top students, sports person, etc.

mantrix
22-08-10, 11:57
I deal with Indians from India on regular basis - their caste mentality is very entrenched. They will talk nicely to you if they presume you are are on the same level but will treat you like shite if you are below that threshold of acceptance. I have seen it with my own eyes...they don't even regard blue collar workers as human (unless of course they are one themselves - though usually not)

devilplate
22-08-10, 12:12
nowadays, u can have a local with diploma leading a team of master degree/PHD freshies from indians/china....

but once they gain enuff job experience, i am sure they will jumpship and seek for equivalent local pay

devilplate
22-08-10, 12:14
recently i came across 2 china agts ...one is a PHD and another Master Eng...both grad from NTU somemore...:scared-1:

mantrix
22-08-10, 12:25
recently i came across 2 china agts ...one is a PHD and another Master Eng...both grad from NTU somemore...:scared-1:

Cos they make much more as agents mah.
Assume 200k average a year = 1M RMB
They can go back tell their comrades they earn a million a year
Somemore for them to come here their background / network must be quite solid so good flow of specuvestors...

devilplate
22-08-10, 12:29
Cos they make much more as agents mah.
Assume 200k average a year = 1M RMB
They can go back tell their comrades they earn a million a year
Somemore for them to come here their background / network must be quite solid so good flow of specuvestors...

they just nid to serve those filthy rich investors from mainland:scared-5:

mantrix
22-08-10, 12:34
they just nid to serve those filthy rich investors from mainland:scared-5:

Exactly. Sell 2 sentosa cove bungalows can retire for life. :)

dmonddd
22-08-10, 13:04
if any immigrannt cannot respect the culture of others and integrate with others, then they can move to us/european countries where they are normally treated like dirt..

do what u do to others, others will do same to u

anyway, it is very expensive to hire ppl from India and China....they need visas whereever they go and visas cost abomb, and lodging and etc.

EBD
22-08-10, 14:23
if any immigrannt cannot respect the culture of others and integrate with others, then they can move to us/european countries where they are normally treated like dirt..

do what u do to others, others will do same to u

anyway, it is very expensive to hire ppl from India and China....they need visas whereever they go and visas cost abomb, and lodging and etc.

I suppose that is what the immigrant chinese and indian who many of us are decendent of did. Integrate with local culture..... oh no we didn't.

If I am malay maybe I am secretly laughing to myself that the sons of immigrants are now complaining about immigrants themselves.

Anyhow, who are you going to rent your condo out to without them?

Komo
22-08-10, 14:30
SGP is so small. For typical Singaporean sons who served through NS with blood and sweat and graduated from NUS and NTU, don't expect that bright future is guraranteed. Don't be surprised that they can't find a job because they are displaced by "foreign talents" workforce who can readily take lesser pay and work longer hours. The world has changed for Singaporean.

devilplate
22-08-10, 14:37
its normal progression...fittest survive...:D

DC33_2008
22-08-10, 14:42
I can already see that in our students as compared to foreign students. The Vietnam, Chinese and India are really hungry for knowledge. Just like when Singaporeans are studying abroad. They foreigners away find Singaporean too competitive.

Komo
22-08-10, 16:09
This's a very interesting question and of much value to condo owners. However, am I the only reader who finds the entire conversation distasteful? It's veering way off topic. The resistance to outsiders is ironic given that most of us are looking to buy and invest in condos, hoping at some point to be able to rent it out or flip it at healthy margins. Without a growing or transient population, there's really not much of a condo market.
Money can always be made one way or another. But what belongs to Singaporean if not managed properly can easily be lost and wouldn't be easy to "recover". I do think that properties where foreigner is eligable should set a max quota by law.

devilplate
22-08-10, 16:59
Money can always be made one way or another. But what belongs to Singaporean if not managed properly can easily be lost and wouldn't be easy to "recover". I do think that properties where foreigner is eligable should set a max quota by law.

for pte ppty, dun hf to restrict foreigners at all...

BUT shd at least make things tougher for PRs to buy resale HDB and landed ppty....such as paying more stamp fee etc. y shd PR allowed to buy landed and resale HDB in the first place?:doh:

as long they r PR...no loyalty at all...anytime can pack bag and go back!:tsk-tsk:

HDB BTO shd be strictly for SCs only too....y allow SC+SPR to ballot for BTO flats?!?! after married, shd force them to convert to SC if they wana buy subsidized flat!

Wild Falcon
22-08-10, 17:06
It depends. If you're buying purely for investment, who cares right? In fact, the more Indians or whatever foreigners like the place, the better.

But if you're buying for self-stay, then it may matter. Nobody likes to stay in a place where you feel like a unwelcomed foreigner - place where the minimart starts only selling Indian produce and only celebrate Hindi festivals, or raising funds for alien foreign charities rather than a charity in Singapore. In many of these condos, the entire management committee has been overthrown and replaced by foreigners who are not interested in local culture. The locals feel like outcast and viewed by the foreigners as a lower "caste". Many of the local outcast are moving out because they feel out of place. It is only natural one wants to feel comfortable in their own home and not subscribe to foreign prejudices. How can this be distasteful?

Regulators
22-08-10, 17:10
parapoondeks are also good liars (can lie without blinking) that is why they make good lawyers and politicians as well :doh:

Super clever and very articulate. That's why the top investment bankers and lawyers are all Indians :)

august
22-08-10, 17:42
waterside, horizon tower, tg rhu ...

august
22-08-10, 17:52
apparently, Indians are now everywhere. Their usual favourites are tanjong rhu area, and in city centre like IP. Now they are also in outlying areas like sengkang. my personal experience is Indians are very calculative and like to cook (curry with their strong Indian spices). Your kitchen will need a makeover aftertat and your curtains smell with the incense and spices.

friend who has unit at bayshore not only repainted whole unit but also threw away his furniture bcos of "smell" that wont go away :scared-4:

teddybear
22-08-10, 19:23
They don't need to convert to Singapore Citizenship, just take up PR and already can apply to buy landed and heard many get approved recently. What you said about foreigners (whose definition include the PRs) buying up the landed seem to be happening already, which is why now landed $PSF is already close to condos. What used to be reserved for Citizens is no longer reserved exclusively.

Singapore is so small and rich,if government does that, alot of land will be owned by foeigners, not only indians, and where are we going to stay in true singapore land next time? as all land will be swarmed by foreigners...and this will create political iand economy ramifications too...which in long term affect singapore adversely ...

Komo
22-08-10, 19:31
As Singaporean I'm really worried. Very soon we'll become 2nd class. Or are we already?

focus
22-08-10, 20:02
As Singaporean I'm really worried. Very soon we'll become 2nd class. Or are we already?

Sorry to notify you that you are already the 3rd class (in general categories) but definitely >5 class down if we break it down into more detailed categories.. :p

General "Caste" System.
1st Caste - Local Elites of MIW and Rich Businessman
2nd Caste - Foreign Talents
3rd Caste - Natives

august
22-08-10, 20:10
its normal progression...fittest survive...:D

doesnt apply to certain protected species in white :)

Geylang OKT
22-08-10, 21:28
Definitely Meville Park hands down. Swarms of them :D

mantrix
22-08-10, 21:54
Sorry to notify you that you are already the 3rd class (in general categories) but definitely >5 class down if we break it down into more detailed categories.. :p

General "Caste" System.
1st Caste - Local Elites of MIW and Rich Businessman
2nd Caste - Foreign Talents
3rd Caste - Natives

4th Caste - Untouchables (natives / indigeneous people included)

NoodyGirl
23-08-10, 20:46
they come from such a divided country

peterng8
24-08-10, 11:20
I deal with Indians from India on regular basis - their caste mentality is very entrenched. They will talk nicely to you if they presume you are are on the same level but will treat you like shite if you are below that threshold of acceptance. I have seen it with my own eyes...they don't even regard blue collar workers as human (unless of course they are one themselves - though usually not)

it is true, I know of one guard encountered an indian kid not wearing properly and play in the swimming pool, so he told the indian parent, the indian just snubbed him and say he is the resident and own a unit not a tenant...wht logic is this?? the indian is not local btw...

peterng8
24-08-10, 11:24
They don't need to convert to Singapore Citizenship, just take up PR and already can apply to buy landed and heard many get approved recently. What you said about foreigners (whose definition include the PRs) buying up the landed seem to be happening already, which is why now landed $PSF is already close to condos. What used to be reserved for Citizens is no longer reserved exclusively.

wow singaporean getting ripped off..more and more land owned by PRs? if there is no control, so our next generation will be protecting land belonging not to true singaporean who are breed and born here...

OLY99
24-08-10, 11:49
My chinese friends told me that they are quite a lot of graduates who are unemployed in china even in good time and imagine the less educated ones. This could be one reason why quite a lot of them come to Singapore. Their kids can be here to be top students, sports person, etc.

in china, a fresh grad can earn as low as 1000rmb. which is about slighly > $200 per month. however a non grad who come here to work, be it factory worker or cleaner, they can fetch about $900~$1100. tats a lot more compared to china. if i am them, given a chance i will go for it too

NoodyGirl
24-08-10, 20:13
dun care about the low end jobs chinaman wants...they fill up nicely for locals not wanting them, but not those from India who take over the exec jobs...and eventually our condos

in china, a fresh grad can earn as low as 1000rmb. which is about slighly > $200 per month. however a non grad who come here to work, be it factory worker or cleaner, they can fetch about $900~$1100. tats a lot more compared to china. if i am them, given a chance i will go for it too

orange
24-08-10, 20:32
come come lets not be racist.:D

actually you should be worried about china women, not men.

many are usually much better looking and have better skin, facial features and buxom figures than local singaporeans and chances of one of them snagging your husband are very very high. :D

focus
24-08-10, 23:18
dun care about the low end jobs chinaman wants...they fill up nicely for locals not wanting them, but not those from India who take over the exec jobs...and eventually our condos

Uh.. that is a little irresponsible I must say.
Sounds like those things that does not affect you but other singaporeans are allowed. Those that affect you are not allowed?

Both type are taking jobs from you or the other singaporean at the lower runk.

propertybull
31-08-10, 20:40

The Queens have a noticeable presence of Japanese and Korean families. Supposedly Japanese companies negotiated corporate leases for the their employees, explaining their presence.

valkri
01-09-10, 15:51
The Queens have a noticeable presence of Japanese and Korean families. Supposedly Japanese companies negotiated corporate leases for the their employees, explaining their presence.

I go by Queens often and always noticed many Indian housewives/Grannies with their children at the playground. Maybe they just like to use the facilities more than other tenants.

novel
01-09-10, 15:59
D5 West Coast.

infested with chinamen? I thot with japanese? because all the japanese schools are nearby? :confused:

novel
01-09-10, 16:01

you just dun like indians? chinamen is ok?

I know one particular condo alot of indians so pls dun buy that one - Melville Park!

novel
01-09-10, 16:04

True true, if those India Indians got abit of $$ damn snobbish and rude in Singapore, behaved as if I am their slave! #*%(&$(%

Got 1 time I entered the lift, there's 2 Indian Men came in looked at me and said "5th floor" #(&$%^$( as if I should press the lift for them!!!

Question:
I noticed not many malays hor in pte pty...at least whr I am staying I did not see 1 yet...

hutsutau
27-11-13, 09:46
I though parc oasis mostly singkies

hutsutau
27-11-13, 09:47
Costa rhu alot of indian

玉格格
27-11-13, 09:53
wat's yr concern?
yr tenants dun like or u dun like?

radha08
27-11-13, 10:11
:hell-hath-no-fury::hell-hath-no-fury::hell-hath-no-fury::hell-hath-no-fury::hell-hath-no-fury::hell-hath-no-fury:

VS
28-11-13, 15:25
[QUOTE=novel;108227]True true, if those India Indians got abit of $$ damn snobbish and rude in Singapore, behaved as if I am their slave! #*%(&$(%

Got 1 time I entered the lift, there's 2 Indian Men came in looked at me and said "5th floor" #(&$%^$( as if I should press the lift for them!!!

If that happens to me, I will press #2, 3 ,4 and 5 for them, and then walk out of the lift and have some fresh air

clemdale24
28-11-13, 16:19
wat's yr concern?
yr tenants dun like or u dun like?

To me i feel that no matter what race, as long as they are responsible and civic minded people, i dont mind. currently i have fellow PRC as neighbours. noisy, talk so laugh, high pitched voices. come CNY every yr play mahjong late into the night, with their windows OPEN. so yes. ur fellow chinese men may not be good neighbours either.

Cupcakes
28-11-13, 16:56
so far i have not heard any complaints about indonesian nationality.

radha08
28-11-13, 16:58
so far i have not heard any complaints about indonesian nationality.

very true they know how to behave unlike:hell-hath-no-fury:a:hell-hath-no-fury:b:hell-hath-no-fury:n:hell-hath-no-fury:n

hutsutau
28-11-13, 18:16
very true they know how to behave unlike:hell-hath-no-fury:a:hell-hath-no-fury:b:hell-hath-no-fury:n:hell-hath-no-fury:n

imported indians are the most arrogant because they can speak good english. hence they feel superior

stalingrad
29-11-13, 10:01

Carabelle and Botannia. Tons of Japanese expats. At the pool, you can't tell it is Singapore or Ginza.

My unit is rented to one of them.

stalingrad
29-11-13, 10:09
The fact this thread is allowed to go on for so long is testimony to Singapore as a country/society falling far behind developed countries in social tolerance.

What is the difference between the thread starter and Ku Klux Klan or white suprematists in the deep south of United States? Both are haters targeting a certain social or racial group. Shame on all of you for engaging in such distasteful discussion. Shame!!!

Mu
01-12-13, 18:09
The fact this thread is allowed to go on for so long is testimony to Singapore as a country/society falling far behind developed countries in social tolerance.

What is the difference between the thread starter and Ku Klux Klan or white suprematists in the deep south of United States? Both are haters targeting a certain social or racial group. Shame on all of you for engaging in such distasteful discussion. Shame!!!

I am also baffled.....Can the admin of this site pls remove this thread and ban those who are responsible for inflammatory comments about ethic groups....

Arcachon
01-12-13, 21:21
[QUOTE=novel;108227]True true, if those India Indians got abit of $$ damn snobbish and rude in Singapore, behaved as if I am their slave! #*%(&$(%

If that happens to me, I will press #2, 3 ,4 and 5 for them, and then walk out of the lift and have some fresh air

You can reply in Mandarin and ask how is their mother.

minority
01-12-13, 21:43

Many are Xenophobic lah… its getting worst with all the internet where it provide anonymity .

Mu
01-12-13, 21:52
Many are Xenophobic lah… its getting worst with all the internet where it provide anonymity .

Not just xenophobia but utter racism...

minority
01-12-13, 22:27
Not just xenophobia but utter racism...

Racism is everywhere. just the with the internet anonymity people are irresponsible in what they put online. So sometimes don't take it too seriously.

Cupcakes
02-12-13, 09:56
The thread is about the nationality not race. I bet everyone will applaud when there is a bashing thread on Singaporean escpecially Sg ladies. :rolleyes:

stalingrad
03-12-13, 08:07
Basically, Singapore still lives in dark ages as far as racial tolerance is concerned. It is common to hear people talk in degrading ways about Indians, Malays, and Bangladeshi people. Open racism in hiring practices is actually tolerated. I have seen ads saying 'non chinese need not apply.' I have never seen such openly racist ads in the west. How would you Singaporeans feel if someone say 'people speaking Singlish need not apply'?

You singaporeans should be ashamed of yourselves.

august
03-12-13, 10:22
Basically, Singapore still lives in dark ages as far as racial tolerance is concerned. It is common to hear people talk in degrading ways about Indians, Malays, and Bangladeshi people. Open racism in hiring practices is actually tolerated. I have seen ads saying 'non chinese need not apply.' I have never seen such openly racist ads in the west. How would you Singaporeans feel if someone say 'people speaking Singlish need not apply'?

You singaporeans should be ashamed of yourselves.

there you go again up to your old singaporean-bashing antics.