PDA

View Full Version : Fully furnished vs Partial furnished

coolview
10-08-10, 10:11
Hi, just got a studio apartment . The apartment comes with electrical appliances. I have also done up with curtains and lightings. As there are some neighboring units which provide fully furnish, I wonder does it make sense for me to buy some furnitures to attract tenants and with a higher asking price? The condition of unit is fairly good. Any landlords here can advise how much higher rental can be asked if fully furnished vs partial from experience.

devilplate
10-08-10, 10:58
Hi, just got a studio apartment . The apartment comes with electrical appliances. I have also done up with curtains and lightings. As there are some neighboring units which provide fully furnish, I wonder does it make sense for me to buy some furnitures to attract tenants and with a higher asking price? The condition of unit is fairly good. Any landlords here can advise how much higher rental can be asked if fully furnished vs partial from experience.

for 1bedder/studio, usually fully furnished will be better...may not neccessary get higher rental but however, it makes ur ppty more attractive to tenants. Get tv, tv console and dining table and chairs enuff....sofa optional and dun buy bed unless tenant request.....most tenant prefer their own bed:D

tanumy
10-08-10, 14:04
Buy more studio, 2 bedrroms and three bedrooms also not forgetting penthouse at d18 especially double bay residence as near mrt, singapore 4th university and upcoming changi business park district. so buy now before u all regret. :)

for 1bedder/studio, usually fully furnished will be better...may not neccessary get higher rental but however, it makes ur ppty more attractive to tenants. Get tv, tv console and dining table and chairs enuff....sofa optional and dun buy bed unless tenant request.....most tenant prefer their own bed:D

zzz1
10-08-10, 21:18

my suggestion is to let the agent get in the tenant first, see what they want and neog the price according, and then get the inventory according.

Tenant also see this a flexibilities (some tenant have their own item to bring along)

Regulators
10-08-10, 22:21
u sound like some parrot in this forum, always repeating the same thing...:doh:

Buy more studio, 2 bedrroms and three bedrooms also not forgetting penthouse at d18 especially double bay residence as near mrt, singapore 4th university and upcoming changi business park district. so buy now before u all regret. :)

devilplate
10-08-10, 23:15

at least he din cut and paste...still got some variations here and there:D

proud owner
10-08-10, 23:34

i am just wondering ... are we biased towards Tanumy ?

he/she may have been singing the same tune for the longest time ..but at least it is consistent..

for that attitude..i praise him ..

it he is irritating .. then what about those who share the same traits, that is, always saying the same thing ?

Propertism ?

New High ?

several other members .. once we see their names...we know what we are going to see ..

so is consistency irritating ? or are we biased ?

just food for thought ... not trying to pick a fight with anyone ...

coolview
11-08-10, 00:12
Thanks for the replies. I have other questions on why stamping by IRAS ? Is it necessary and what are the benefits for landlord? Also how come in the TA, why a split between rent for the premise and rent of fittings and furniture? Since total rent must be reported for income tax.

proud owner
11-08-10, 00:20
Thanks for the replies. I have other questions on why stamping by IRAS ? Is it necessary and what are the benefits for landlord? Also how come in the TA, why a split between rent for the premise and rent of fittings and furniture? Since total rent must be reported for income tax.

for the very first tenant ... you report all rental income .. cannot report expenses, cos IRA take it as Basic to provide furnitures, etc

come subsequent tenants.. lets say .. you need to do some repairs, maintenance, change a bedframe, or mattress etc ..

then those expenses you can Deduct from the rental income ..

Regulators
11-08-10, 00:20
yah, i should give him credit for being a good and consistent parrot

he/she may have been singing the same tune for the longest time ..but at least it is consistent..

devilplate
11-08-10, 00:32
for the very first tenant ... you report all rental income .. cannot report expenses, cos IRA take it as Basic to provide furnitures, etc

come subsequent tenants.. lets say .. you need to do some repairs, maintenance, change a bedframe, or mattress etc ..

then those expenses you can Deduct from the rental income ..

so if i din split the rental income, i cannot deduct expenses on the furnitures (repair/replacement) in future?

anyw, i nvr split wor....better to split?

proud owner
11-08-10, 01:03
so if i din split the rental income, i cannot deduct expenses on the furnitures (repair/replacement) in future?

anyw, i nvr split wor....better to split?

u should split them

jlrx
11-08-10, 01:17

it he is irritating .. then what about those who share the same traits, that is, always saying the same thing ?

Propertism ?

New High ?

several other members .. once we see their names...we know what we are going to see ..

Are you referring to me? :p

I like to read tanumy's posts. Whenever I see his name appear as the latest poster, I'll click on it, even though I know in advance what he's going to say. :p

proud owner
11-08-10, 01:21

I like to read tanumy's posts. Whenever I see his name appear as the latest poster, I'll click on it, even though I know in advance what he's going to say. :p

i apologise

i used you as example ..to show that people find Tanumy irritating for REPEATING ... but you do the same .. all the time ... but no one ever say you are irritating .. hehehe

Regulators
11-08-10, 03:28
i did say before, but i take it back, now that there are some true followers of the religion here...

... but no one ever say you are irritating .. hehehe

proud owner
11-08-10, 03:48
i did say before, but i take it back, now that there are some true followers of the religion here...

wow you are a believer of Early bird catches worms... ?

or cant sleep ah ?

or the worm on its way home ?

blackfire
11-08-10, 09:50

That chap is basically making use of this forum to do some free advert for his vested interest in DBR. Anyway DBR is too near the MRT tracks, the noise and the braking sound can be very annoying, especially it happens every 3 mins or so till sometime past mid-night. The site layout also trap the noise within the premise.

Regulators
11-08-10, 12:29
i am usually a night owl, very different biological clock compared to most people. when people work, i rest, when people rest, i work. not many worms to catch in this mkt now...

wow you are a believer of Early bird catches worms... ?

or cant sleep ah ?

or the worm on its way home ?

Regulators
11-08-10, 12:30
Doesn't this sound like Caspian?

Anyway DBR is too near the MRT tracks, the noise and the braking sound can be very annoying, especially it happens every 3 mins or so till sometime past mid-night. The site layout also trap the noise within the premise.

proud owner
11-08-10, 22:16
Doesn't this sound like Caspian?

also Metropolitan ...

we dont seem to see that complain anymore ..once it goes TOP ....strange

devilplate
12-08-10, 01:51
also Metropolitan ...

bcoz prices continue to go up after TOP....during gd times, watever shyt facing ppl also dun mind as long its cheaper....but during bad times....:D

proud owner
12-08-10, 01:57
bcoz prices continue to go up after TOP....during gd times, watever shyt facing ppl also dun mind as long its cheaper....but during bad times....:D

true

got enbloc news ..people also rush to buy rubbish dump facing unit

tericia
12-08-10, 12:39

Propertism ?

New High ?

i think i stated before, he's enthusiastic about the project.

I've met countless people who curse and swear at their own place and projects and it gives bad vibes to the place.

Rejected many places though prices and location attractive due to bad vibes from owners and their children.

So his repetition is tolerable in my opinion

limfc
12-08-10, 13:47
also Metropolitan ...

because human beings are very adaptable.... after a while the 'strange & loud noise' will be filtered to the background...

just like after being married for decades, the hubby will filter out the 'naggings' from the wifey... oops..... :D

proud owner
13-08-10, 00:35
because human beings are very adaptable.... after a while the 'strange & loud noise' will be filtered to the background...

just like after being married for decades, the hubby will filter out the 'naggings' from the wifey... oops..... :D

ahhahahaha

hence nature ensures that as we get older, our sense of hearing also deteriorate ...

hear no evil, see no evil

when u hear and see no evil you also do no evil