PDA

View Full Version : Vacanza @ East

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10

Hosay2014
24-02-14, 23:53
Thanks for actual space for Fridge & washing machine. I am from blk 36, and my unit is type B2.

I haven't collected key yet. But just received layout plan from HH that requested a few days ago.

I am very concerrn about fridge space too. Comparing with Brochure's floor plan & As Built Plan. Depth of kitchen Cabinet with space for washing machine was bigger depth shown on brochure floor plan. But as built plan was shown smaller depth for that one, and bigger depth.

How is your layout plan? Is it as per brochure's floor plan?

I m having the same b2 unit like yours, i got this fridge over the weekend. Think u can consider as it should fit the space quite nicely.
http://www.hitachiconsumer.com/sg/products_details.aspx?oid=1695

Beautiful fridge! Expo sale $2399.

Francis Woo
25-02-14, 21:28
The B2 fridge depth is only 56cm after deducting the wall socket/plug thickness.

Your Hitachi is 648mm which is 64.8cm, the fridge would protrude out by 8cm!:scared-5:

I assume you are okay with that!:)

Francis Woo
25-02-14, 21:35
I went down this morning to check on the rectification work but I was surprised that nothing has been done. Kumar was not around then so I left message for him to call me. He called me and told specifically that I need the rectification to be completed asap, otherwise, I will bill him the loss of rental income! I will go down tomorrow to check again!:doh:

These are some shots on my living, 2nd bedroom and Master bedroom which show the floorings are all well done, good job there!!:)http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm144/franciswookimleong/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG20140225113353_zpsfqfq4zob.jpghttp://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm144/franciswookimleong/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG20140225113414_zpsjiwp62kf.jpghttp://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm144/franciswookimleong/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG20140225113433_zps5ifz5bb7.jpg
Which remind to check with you guys whether the timber strip in each bedroom layout is the same or not! In my instance, the 2nd bedroom timber long strip is facing the wall whilst in the Master's, it's facing the sliding doors??:scared-5:

cdrum
25-02-14, 21:49
Which remind to check with you guys whether the timber strip in each bedroom layout is the same or not! In my instance, the 2nd bedroom timber long strip is facing the wall whilst in the Master's, it's facing the sliding doors??:scared-5:

Ha? I didn't even think to check! will check later this week. defect or?

dydxdydx
25-02-14, 21:51
I went down this morning to check on the rectification work but I was surprised that nothing has been done. Kumar was not around then so I left message for him to call me. He called me and told specifically that I need the rectification to be completed asap, otherwise, I will bill him the loss of rental income! I will go down tomorrow to check again!:doh:

These are some shots on my living, 2nd bedroom and Master bedroom which show the floorings are all well done, good job there!!:)

Mine is the same as yours. The timber strips are parallel with the door frame, i.e. when you are at the door, the timber strips are horizontal.

Francis Woo
25-02-14, 21:54
Defect or no defect, it looks kinda funny!:o

EL_
25-02-14, 22:12
Anyone's kitchen cabinets have the same problem?? Very poorly design.:doh:

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/4gosxn95a3jdvpv/oVlW3smTf5

august
25-02-14, 22:35

wont matter once furniture is in.

Hosay2014
25-02-14, 22:40
The B2 fridge depth is only 56cm after deducting the wall socket/plug thickness.

Your Hitachi is 648mm which is 64.8cm, the fridge would protrude out by 8cm!:scared-5:

I assume you are okay with that!:)

Thought of it before but I don intend to use the socket behind. So i expect 5cm out so i expect slight protrude maybe with the side door hinge.

No choice cos the fridge is too tempting especially the patent vacuum technology compartment which can keep my sashimi fresh! I m a sashimi lover! Haha

Neekon
25-02-14, 22:58
Anyone's kitchen cabinets have the same problem?? Very poorly design.:doh:

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/4gosxn95a3jdvpv/oVlW3smTf5

i was told that it was meant to be this way... I retorted by saying even it is meant to be supported by just pieces of wood, they should not even leave gaps for cockroaches. my last check, they seal it up with white cement

check the wall beside the wall cabinet, above the basin, mine has a hole... another cockroach"dream home".. they have yet to seal this one for me

chaoren
25-02-14, 23:29
Any of you intending to install a door grille at your main door?
Do you know of anybody doing it cheaply?
Priority is cheap, I do not need top quality.

I've checked with our management, they told that the color code and design must be exactly the same as shown in our residents handbook for all units. :(

1 of our indian neighbours from #01-22 has already installed it, and I heard he spent a fortune on it.

http://i59.tinypic.com/2ltkb3r.jpg

chaoren
25-02-14, 23:53
You have so many defects, so its understandable that they do need 4 weeks to rectify them.

In my opinion, if you are renting out, no need to be too particular about the minor defects which you can DIY or unless Tenant not happy about whichever part, get them to do after tenant moved in. The major defects then of course no choice ask to fix those areas first.

Then you can save on the time and faster rent out your unit.

My Interior Designer said for mind, all the issues can be rectified in less than 2 weeks but still Kumar took his own sweet time and quote 4 weeks. My 1st apt was on 11 Feb morning 10am but they only start working on mind 15 Feb after I called in 14 Feb to ask why no work has started on my unit.

Similarly as yours, my family went down today to check too, nothing is being done today.

26-02-14, 00:39
I m having the same b2 unit like yours, i got this fridge over the weekend. Think u can consider as it should fit the space quite nicely.

do u know what is the price for R-SF57CMS
http://www.hitachiconsumer.com/sg/products_details.aspx?oid=2388
thanks

dvldude
26-02-14, 01:08
Just collected keys today, first time home owners, will be doing the defects inspection tomorrow.

A big thank you to all that share valuable information on the defects which make our lives easier.

arvin2087
26-02-14, 02:13
Anyone got any idea when fibre optics will be activated for vacanza? Currently on viewqwest fibre optics now. Gonna suck if I have to move in without Internet yet I'm still paying :doh: Planning to move in by end of march . Hopefully open net activates it for vacanza by then.

arvin2087
26-02-14, 02:19
Anyone got any idea when fibre optics will be activated for vacanza? Currently on viewqwest fibre optics now. Gonna suck if I have to move in without Internet yet I'm still paying :doh: Planning to move in by end of march . Hopefully open net activates it for vacanza by then.

cdrum
26-02-14, 04:30
Any of you intending to install a door grille at your main door?
Do you know of anybody doing it cheaply?
Priority is cheap, I do not need top quality.

I've checked with our management, they told that the color code and design must be exactly the same as shown in our residents handbook for all units. :(

1 of our indian neighbours from #01-22 has already installed it, and I heard he spent a fortune on it.

http://i59.tinypic.com/2ltkb3r.jpg

The leaf design is pretty ugly IMO... Wish they would have consulted us. Too late I suppose...

Why so exp? Maybe these doors aren't a standard size and needs to be custom fitted? (No idea) otherwise it's just metal!

CKCPA
26-02-14, 09:19
I am "vomiting blood" now... at unit and a contractor is cleaning/fixing the balcony railing... turtle slow pace and constantly on his handphone chatting with someone!

No wonder the process is so slow. There are so few of them and productivity is simply very very slow. Not to mention that some units that received keys later are getting their defects done earlier. Special preferential treatment? Needless to say, I stormed into the BSC office to express my unhappiness and based on reasonable request and poorer their committed timeframe, demanded they complete all my my defects rectification by next Friday. I am absolutely a hardass when I am angry. If I don't see the defects rectified next week, a formal complaint letter will sent to BSC authorities on unfair preferential treatment to different home owners.

Francis Woo
26-02-14, 09:26
Why do you need a door grille in a Condo!:confused: Frankly, it's unsightly and unnecessary spending on your part!

You are already paying for the security in your home under the monthly maintenance cost!

I have stayed in a couple of Condos' without these door grille and I never will install these, ever!:)

dydxdydx
26-02-14, 10:06
Why do you need a door grille in a Condo!:confused: Frankly, it's unsightly and unnecessary spending on your part!

You are already paying for the security in your home under the monthly maintenance cost!

I have stayed in a couple of Condos' without these door grille and I never will install these, ever!:)

The grille will provide additional security. Thiefs tried to break in to a few of my friends' condo before. Although there were security guards and CCTV, the culprits were not caught at all.

I agree with you that it is unsightly and I'll not install any grilles too. After all, the most valuable item at home is my passport.

Francis Woo
26-02-14, 11:14
I got a quotation from one of the Furnishing house rep at the site for the curtains and roller blinds for my home.

Day and Night curtains in both bedrooms (8'x10') and (9'x10')
Living room at 10'x10'
TTL cost is $1,300 supply and install!

Anybody got cheaper than this?

Tks:)

chaoren
26-02-14, 12:51
I got a quotation from one of the Furnishing house rep at the site for the curtains and roller blinds for my home.

Living room at 10'x10'

Do a search on google and email the specifications & others that you need then ask for a quotation.

I've just emailed 20 contractors for a quotation for the grilles. Its more effective to get the cheapest offer.

Han
26-02-14, 13:47

Living room at 10'x10'

Quite cheap if they quoted day & night to both bedrooms, & living room.
1) As as Lumpsum (or) whether supplier indicate any breakdown rate?
2) Pleat - 100% (or) 150% (or) 200%. pls check. It can vary usage of fabric.
3) Night curtain - Is it 100% blackout?

Newbie234
26-02-14, 16:44

Living room at 10'x10'

Seems cheap... mine cost S$2100 for 3 bedrms and 1 living room (ceiling to floor). :banghead:

Francis Woo
26-02-14, 17:32
The living room is roller blinds without blackout since it's not essential but for the bedrooms, they will be day and black out night curtains. As to the pleats, will have to visit the shop at Odeon Katong to check out the materials.;)

No work done today so got hold of Kumar and gave him a lecture and told him my lawyer will send him a lost of rental income letter:mad: He promised tomorrow, the rectification will start, let's see as I told him I will be paying a visit tomorrow same time!:simmering:

Han
26-02-14, 18:22
Seems cheap... mine cost S$2100 for 3 bedrms and 1 living room (ceiling to floor). :banghead:

Your selected supplier is also cheap, installed all curtain, right? Almost same as Francis's supplier.

We can work out estimate unit rate for Roller blind @ $28/ m2, day & night Curtain @ $66/ m2 as a guide.

Francis Woo
26-02-14, 18:36
I will be visiting the Furnishing shop tomorrow to check out the materials! Anybody interested in doing theirs, pls advise so that I can at the same time, bargain for cheaper pricing for 3 to 5 households combined!:rolleyes:

V@Eowner
26-02-14, 18:49
Francis, would you be able to share details of the supplier please? I may be keen but haven't got keys yet. Been busy travelling, unfortunately. Out of the country this week.

I will be visiting the Furnishing shop tomorrow to check out the materials! Anybody interested in doing theirs, pls advise so that I can at the same time, bargain for cheaper pricing for 3 to 5 households combined!:rolleyes:

Han
26-02-14, 18:56

Let me know supplier's name if you don't mind. Key not collected yet.

mshlin
26-02-14, 19:59

I visited H.M. Curtain at Boon Keng MRT. Roughly $2000 for double layers, for 3 bedrooms + living room, including accessories which is about $250.
Of course, different materials cost different.
www.hongming.com.sg (http://www.hongming.com.sg) they have some showrooms around the island (AMK, TPY, Tg Katong etc.).

Francis Woo
26-02-14, 21:20
Here's the contact - Home Classic Interior Furnishing, 34 Ean Kiam Place S429120 (next to Odeon Katong)
George Lai h/p#98252726

Hosay2014
26-02-14, 22:29
do u know what is the price for R-SF57CMS
http://www.hitachiconsumer.com/sg/products_details.aspx?oid=2388
thanks

Last seen at expo is $2599.actually this is more worth it but my pathetic size cannot fit. Happy shopping!

27-02-14, 01:40
Last seen at expo is $2599.actually this is more worth it but my pathetic size cannot fit. Happy shopping!

thanks. Harvey norman quote me $2999 free floor standing fan and air filtering unit. looks like they charge $400 for the fan and filter unit.

Han
27-02-14, 01:44
Here's the contact - Home Classic Interior Furnishing, 34 Ean Kiam Place S429120 (next to Odeon Katong)
George Lai h/p#98252726

Thanks a lot. I will contact to him on next week.

cdrum
27-02-14, 07:28

The problem I have with these bottom veggies drawer like this fridge is you'll often have to bend over to get your veggies and fruit. Bad design IMO.

And that small drawer next to the ice compartment.. what on earth is that for?!?

chaoren
27-02-14, 08:48

In my contract with my ID, they gave me free supply labour & material to install curtain railing. So I do not need labour or installation.

I only want to buy 2 sets of curtain for living room & master bedroom from the ceiling till the floor (287cm) - I have no window in living room & master bedroom. Material average is good enough.

jasonetee
27-02-14, 09:57
Hi everybody!

Collecting my keys today!! :D

jeremylbt
27-02-14, 10:02
Anyone has any idea how the visitors at level 1 lift lobby gate can call the owners to open the gate since there is no dialpad?

jasonetee
27-02-14, 10:03

Well, for Vacanza, we are missing a couple of gantries. :banghead:

jasonetee
27-02-14, 10:06
http://postimg.org/image/vzr4jiz39/

This was taken at my unit and pictures posted at post #1537.
This is what we in metal business called Spot Soldering.

:scared-1: This is so shoddy!

jasonetee
27-02-14, 10:10
Of course, the best solution will be to divert the point to the top rear side of the cabinet below the counter top next to the fridge space. Need to pay for this electrical diversion though:roll eyes:

Had made appointment with Mr. Kumar (person in charge of joint defect inspection for BLK 38) for joint inspection tomorrow 10am. Let's see how it goes!

Wants to get this over quickly as I am sure there will be another round of defects not spoted!:scared-1:

I am staying in Blk 38 too! Will I get to see this Mr Kumar later? Hope he is having a good day.

jasonetee
27-02-14, 10:12
Exactly. My contractor asked me to get mgt approval because timber decking is installed outside the condo. So I submitted the request form to Mgt office who told me cannot be approved but I appealed with reason that the balcony too hot to step during sunny days.

Any updates on this? I am planning for timber flooring for the balcony too! :banghead:

dexterchua88
27-02-14, 10:12
:scared-1: This is so shoddy!

Yes, till now they still haven't come to a solution or any documents from authorities to prove that it's approved and safe.

mshlin
27-02-14, 10:29
Anyone has any idea how the visitors at level 1 lift lobby gate can call the owners to open the gate since there is no dialpad?

I am in Blk 40. there are 3 entries (both ends and beside lift) to the lift lobby but only one with the dialpad & camera. I reckon other blocks have the same.

jasonetee
27-02-14, 10:31
Those residents went to see MP.. who can we see?

"Mr Chow reckoned that some of the defects would require developer Hoi Hup Sunway JV to replace fittings with better-quality products.

"Residents are frustrated because they pay a premium for DBSS flats. Many of the residents here are young families that are first-time home owners, so their expectations are higher," he said."

I am not sure what the MP can do, but for Vacanza, we are under the care of Mr Tan Chuan-Jin. He holds his Meet-the-People-Sessions at Chai Chee every Monday except for 5th Mondays in a month. You can find me there too as I volunteer as a petition writer. I am also in the neighbourhood committee as well.

jasonetee
27-02-14, 10:33
Yes, till now they still haven't come to a solution or any documents from authorities to prove that it's approved and safe.

They probably just tell you that BCA has passed the whole project during TOP. :tsk-tsk:

Maybe we should form a committee ourselves so that we can be heard instead of waiting one whole year for our own condo management committee to be up.

mshlin
27-02-14, 10:33
I found a water tap at living balcony is shown on plumbing drawing. but in fact there is not. My unit is not ground unit.
shall I consider it as defect point?
I will check with HH on Saturday.

Newbie234
27-02-14, 10:49
I am in Blk 40. there are 3 entries (both ends and beside lift) to the lift lobby but only one with the dialpad & camera. I reckon other blocks have the same.

My friend commented that he has never seen so many doors and entries in a condo before.... multiple entries per block, many doors at each level's lobby (door for refuse bin, door for utility meter, bomb shelter door, and door for duno what....).:scared-5:

dexterchua88
27-02-14, 11:08
They probably just tell you that BCA has passed the whole project during TOP. :tsk-tsk:

Maybe we should form a committee ourselves so that we can be heard instead of waiting one whole year for our own condo management committee to be up.

I am planning to submit the pictures to BCA and see what they have to say about it. If BCA is ok with the soldering, then I will use that reply as a safeguard.

DuaNehNehChioBu
27-02-14, 11:28
Any photo?

:up-yours:

Enjoy it :rolleyes:

Abunn
27-02-14, 11:56
:up-yours:

Enjoy it :rolleyes:

Moar moar ... LOL

mshlin
27-02-14, 12:14

I think it's alright, as all the pattern is to parellel with door/entrance.

cvincent
27-02-14, 14:15
am in blk 40, submitted today, appt to check 8th mar :banghead:

major defects:

1) room door and living room balcony door not able to lock properly
2) toilet drainage cover not able to close properly
3) couple of blue stains on 1 marble tile
4) long crack on balacony wall
5) small patch of paint bubble in common room

the rest are cracks at corners or corners not filled up properly (under dial pad, kitchen ceiling), chipped balcony ledge tiles especially at the part where the small pipe to drain out water is, some finishing issues all around the balcony sliding doors.

an agent friend helped me with this and he commented that he has seen worse.

hopefully Kumar can help to rectify by end of Mar :banghead:

btw i saw a ground floor unit at block 40 with loads of post its all over the rooms :scared-1:

jasonetee
27-02-14, 15:53
am in blk 40, submitted today, appt to check 8th mar :banghead:

major defects:

1) room door and living room balcony door not able to lock properly
2) toilet drainage cover not able to close properly
3) couple of blue stains on 1 marble tile
4) long crack on balacony wall
5) small patch of paint bubble in common room

the rest are cracks at corners or corners not filled up properly (under dial pad, kitchen ceiling), chipped balcony ledge tiles especially at the part where the small pipe to drain out water is, some finishing issues all around the balcony sliding doors.

an agent friend helped me with this and he commented that he has seen worse.

hopefully Kumar can help to rectify by end of Mar :banghead:

btw i saw a ground floor unit at block 40 with loads of post its all over the rooms :scared-1:

Collected my keys this afternoon and had a quick glance around. Not too bad. Some of the things highlighted here are present but luckily not as bad as some had shown. I am shocked at the height of the ceiling. Staying at ground floor unit.

Francis Woo
27-02-14, 17:00
Collected my keys this afternoon and had a quick glance around. Not too bad. Some of the things highlighted here are present but luckily not as bad as some had shown. I am shocked at the height of the ceiling. Staying at ground floor unit.

After 5 years, we can turn this into a loft and extend another floor for study in both the rooms!:)

jasonetee
27-02-14, 17:20
After 5 years, we can turn this into a loft and extend another floor for study in both the rooms!:)

Oh? Why must wait after 5 years? I am already thinking of doing it now. :confused:

Francis Woo
27-02-14, 17:29
HH has not marketed the ground floor units as Loft unit so it against building regulation!:(

kelxz
27-02-14, 17:49
I noted some 2nd floor units have high ceiling too

jasonetee
27-02-14, 17:54
HH has not marketed the ground floor units as Loft unit so it against building regulation!:(

So after 5 years, we are allowed to do that? :confused:

DuaNehNehChioBu
27-02-14, 18:24
Moar moar ... LOL

BARK FOR ME Abunn DOG.....

LOoooOL :D :D :D

Francis Woo
27-02-14, 19:08
So after 5 years, we are allowed to do that? :confused:

That's the standard practice period for changes of facade and alterations to the marketed layout!

jasonetee
27-02-14, 20:42
That's the standard practice period for changes of facade and alterations to the marketed layout!

I thought for interior works as long as it doesn't fall under the cannot-dos as listed, it's fine.

Francis Woo
27-02-14, 21:10
Great, you can start the ball rolling and I will follow suit!:o

chaoren
27-02-14, 21:48
Any updates on this? I am planning for timber flooring for the balcony too! :banghead:

Timber Flooring can not but Wall Light in Balcony can. Submitted my request & got approved. :D

jasonetee
27-02-14, 22:25
Timber Flooring can not but Wall Light in Balcony can. Submitted my request & got approved. :D

I hope security cams are fine too. But no awnings or blinds sucks too.

jasonetee
27-02-14, 22:26

Great, you can start the ball rolling and I will follow suit!:o

Lol. I will get my ID to look into it.

SGK73
28-02-14, 07:29

Timber flooring cannot. Is unreasonable. Their showroom Also timber flooring

jasonetee
28-02-14, 07:59
Timber flooring cannot. Is unreasonable. Their showroom Also timber flooring

That's right! Maybe can bring up to developer!

chaoren
28-02-14, 11:01
Anybody else wants to install aluminium grille for your main door?
Our colour & design must be the same as per resident's handbook, so there is nothing to choose.

Its better so you don't have to give spare key to your ID's engaged carpenters.

Highest quote I got $900+, lowest quote $700 from selection of about 20 contractors.

$700 seem still on a high side, but if more neighbours want to do also, then we can bargain for $600.

Han
28-02-14, 11:50
Anybody else wants to install aluminium grille for your main door?
Our colour & design must be the same as per resident's handbook, so there is nothing to choose.

Highest quote I got $900+, lowest quote $700 from selection of about 20 contractors.

$700 seem still on a high side, but if more neighbours want to do also, then we can bargain for $600.

I confirm to install alum grilles. Pls count for me too. :)

Neekon
28-02-14, 13:37

Is there any reason why they say cannot? I can understand anything that alter the intended facade, how would flooring affect it? I cant even think of anything that affects safety..

chaoren
28-02-14, 13:47
I confirm to install alum grilles. Pls count for me too. :)

I just asked about 3 door grilles for 3 of us.
The contractor, Mr Cai reduced quote from $700 to $680 only. Not sure if it is still interesting to you.

He is asking to come down tomorrow to do the door measurement.

If you ok, PM me your contact number so I can ask him to drop by your unit to measure your door as well tomorrow. No obligation.

jasonetee
28-02-14, 13:56
The contractor, Mr Cai reduced quote from $700 to $680 only. Not sure if it is still interesting to you.

If you ok, PM me your contact number so I can ask him to drop by your unit to measure your door as well tomorrow. No obligation.

I am interested in getting grilles for the yard area.

Han
28-02-14, 13:57

My key collection is on Tuesday afternoon. I am not sure whether your guy can access to take measurement for my unit 11-04.

chaoren
28-02-14, 14:07
My key collection is on Tuesday afternoon. I am not sure whether your guy can access to take measurement for my unit 11-04.

Yes, the door grille is installed outside the main door so no need wait for key collection.

I am waiting Neekon's reply. Then I will ask Mr Cai to come down tomorrow 2pm to measure our 3 doors.

musras
28-02-14, 14:16
To those who have not made your appointment for defects check, just call 6448 1033 to set your date and time first. You can make your list anytime before the check. You need to give 1 main door key when doing the check.

jeremylbt
28-02-14, 15:00
Can i check if the carpark label is provided during key collection. I can't seem to find mine.

cvincent
28-02-14, 15:15
Can i check if the carpark label is provided during key collection. I can't seem to find mine.

I thought it is the transponder like the size of the proximity card found in the pouch of keys.

jeremylbt
28-02-14, 15:34
I thought it is the transponder like the size of the proximity card found in the pouch of keys.

Transponder and carpark label are two separate items. I've got the transponder. Missing the carpark label with the Vacanza@east printed on it.

jasonetee
28-02-14, 15:54
Transponder and carpark label are two separate items. I've got the transponder. Missing the carpark label with the Vacanza@east printed on it.

You have to fill up the application form given, print out a copy of your vehicle details from Onemotoring website and submit to Mr Patrick. Then he will pass you the car park label immediately.

jasonetee
28-02-14, 15:55

Yes, the door grille is installed outside the main door so no need wait for key collection.

I am waiting Neekon's reply. Then I will ask Mr Cai to come down tomorrow 2pm to measure our 3 doors.

Hi Superman,

Does your contact do the grill for the rear yard?

V@Eowner
28-02-14, 19:41
Jasonetee, what do you mean print out vehicle details on onemotoring? Which link/section should I go to? Been looking around that website but still lost. Grateful for some guidance please.

Thank you.

You have to fill up the application form given, print out a copy of your vehicle details from Onemotoring website and submit to Mr Patrick. Then he will pass you the car park label immediately.

Francis Woo
28-02-14, 22:07
What car park label?:sleep:

I have not seen one! I got only the transponder when I collect the key!:scared-5:

I put the transponder on top of my front car console and just drive in!:)

chaoren
28-02-14, 22:25
Hi Superman,

Does your contact do the grill for the rear yard?

Should be.
Their company, Shing Soon Aluminium Co specialise in 白钢门 & windows for the last 16 years. Check your PM.

Portobello
28-02-14, 22:55
[QUOTE=chaoren;465236]Anybody else wants to install aluminium grille for your main door?

$700 seem still on a high side, but if more neighbours want to do also, then we can bargain for

Hi chaoren,

Do u know if the grille is wrought iron? I have asked for quotation from pang Giap for wrought iron door grille, galvanised and powder coated for s$685. Cns metal quoted $800 for wrought iron grille, galvanised but spray painted. Does anyone know the difference and which is better? Thanks

Draven005
28-02-14, 22:57
Chaoren, I am still doing my timber flooring but half the balcony. The other half I am using fake carpet grass. So in case they insist me to remove timber flooring only affect smaller area.

Hosay2014
01-03-14, 00:27
The problem I have with these bottom veggies drawer like this fridge is you'll often have to bend over to get your veggies and fruit. Bad design IMO.

And that small drawer next to the ice compartment.. what on earth is that for?!?

One main reason why i prefer a jap made fridge is those separated compartment. It's more hygienic as the food can be seperated out. Example, the ice compartment will not have those food or seafood smell when it's store for some time. Donno if anyone has the same experience , but i just don like that.
Also more compartment can make the organization of the food better so its easier to take the food you need rather than piling them together.
Just my opinion :)

Hosay2014
01-03-14, 00:35
Chaoren, I am still doing my timber flooring but half the balcony. The other half I am using fake carpet grass. So in case they insist me to remove timber flooring only affect smaller area.

Hi, I m keen on fake carpet grass for my patio. Can recommend pls? Maybe we can enjoy some bulk discount!

cdrum
01-03-14, 08:17
We have our defects joint inspection this morning. Getting my game face on.

cdrum
01-03-14, 08:18

They dropped ours in our mail box a day or two after key collection.

cdrum
01-03-14, 08:21
One main reason why i prefer a jap made fridge is those separated compartment. It's more hygienic as the food can be seperated out. Example, the ice compartment will not have those food or seafood smell when it's store for some time. Donno if anyone has the same experience , but i just don like that.
Also more compartment can make the organization of the food better so its easier to take the food you need rather than piling them together.

I do like the separate compartment for ice, I agree with you there....

(Speaking of ice, those twist ice trays, i have one now and it never works. I have to physically crack the ice out of the tray. I don't want to deal with that crap and will try getting an automatic maker. Anyone else think the twist trays are useless?)

chaoren
01-03-14, 08:25
[QUOTE=chaoren;465236]Anybody else wants to install aluminium grille for your main door?

$700 seem still on a high side, but if more neighbours want to do also, then we can bargain for

Hi chaoren,

Do u know if the grille is wrought iron? I have asked for quotation from pang Giap for wrought iron door grille, galvanised and powder coated for s$685. Cns metal quoted $800 for wrought iron grille, galvanised but spray painted. Does anyone know the difference and which is better? Thanks

There are 3 common types of metal grilles. Wrought Iron, Aluminium & Stainless Steel. Among all, Stainless Steel is the best but most expensive.

Wrought Iron although is hard and cheapest type of material but it will look old + rust over time. It is not good for our white colour grille, do you want to see your white colour grille to turn dirty black 1 year later?

Aluminium will be a better choice, although it is not as hard as wrought iron and cost a bit more (mostly between $20-$50 difference), it will not turn old or rust over time.

Stainless Steel has all the benefits of wrought iron & aluminium but is the most expensive. It will cost at least $100 more than earlier materials.

So I would recommend you to choose either aluminium or stainless steel, don't go for wrought iron.

I did email to [email protected] on 26 February but they did not reply me with a quote, I suppose they do not do aluminium.

The best quote I get for aluminium with the design & colour that management wants is $680. If anybody finds cheaper, please share.

cdrum
01-03-14, 08:25
Regarding Japanese fridges, the sales guy at Courts told me those are more expensive because they are made in Japan, and not Thailand (or some place else).

The issue I have with that logic (whether it's correct or not) is the fridge still has the Mitsubishi or Hitachi or whatever Japanese company logo on it. The expectation I have, especially on Japanese companies, is that their products will be produced with the same quality outside of Japan as they would be inside of Japan.

Is that expectation realistic?

So am I to assume that the Mitsubishi made in Thailand will be crap, thus the couple thousand cheaper price tag? Doesn't that reflect poorly on the brand?

Or am I missing something?

(and I think the same argument can be applied to European models made in Europe versus Asia)

Hosay2014
01-03-14, 08:48
Regarding Japanese fridges, the sales guy at Courts told me those are more expensive because they are made in Japan, and not Thailand (or some place else).

The issue I have with that logic (whether it's correct or not) is the fridge still has the Mitsubishi or Hitachi or whatever Japanese company logo on it. The expectation I have, especially on Japanese companies, is that their products will be produced with the same quality outside of Japan as they would be inside of Japan.

Is that expectation realistic?

So am I to assume that the Mitsubishi made in Thailand will be crap, thus the couple thousand cheaper price tag? Doesn't that reflect poorly on the brand?

Or am I missing something?

(and I think the same argument can be applied to European models made in Europe versus Asia)

Hi, it's easy to tell if the fridge is made in Japan. Usually made in jap fridge will have 2 small compartment below the main compartment. This is a standard or more like a patent design for all jap fridge maker. End of the day, quality is definitely different from made in Japan and made in Thailand. Qc also plays a part. I remember i used to own a Toyota corolla years back which is made in Japan, basically the durability and feel of the car is so different from an Altis which is made in Thailand. Of cos the cost is also much lower though i still feel the corolla is a much better made.

cdrum
01-03-14, 08:51
Hi, it's easy to tell if the fridge is made in Japan. Usually made in jap fridge will have 2 small compartment below the main compartment. This is a standard or more like a patent design for all jap fridge maker. End of the day, quality is definitely different from made in Japan and made in Thailand. Qc also plays a part. I remember i used to own a Toyota corolla years back which is made in Japan, basically the durability and feel of the car is so different from an Altis which is made in Thailand. Of cos the cost is also much lower though i still feel the corolla is a much better made.

Thanks. I suppose manufacturing at home will always be better than far away...

Francis Woo
01-03-14, 12:27
From personal experience, same products made in Japan are more durable than those made at their plants outside of Japan!

My Panasonic 50" Plasma is already 8 years old and still going strong when some of my friends with those made in Malaysia and Indonesia lasted only 4 years and have to retire them!:doh:

jasonetee
01-03-14, 12:31
Jasonetee, what do you mean print out vehicle details on onemotoring? Which link/section should I go to? Been looking around that website but still lost. Grateful for some guidance please.

Thank you.

Under asset info. Jason here btw.

jasonetee
01-03-14, 12:32
What car park label?:sleep:

I have not seen one! I got only the transponder when I collect the key!:scared-5:

I put the transponder on top of my front car console and just drive in!:)

Need to fill up a form and provide car ownership details and submit to Mr Patrick at management office.

jasonetee
01-03-14, 12:34

Timber Flooring can not but fake carpet grass can? :confused:

arvin2087
01-03-14, 13:46
Good news for fibre users!
Just checked open net roll out website.

Keyed in postal code
Block number and unit number.

"Your residential premise is ready for Next Gen NBN services.
You can now approach a Retail Service Provider (RSP) to subscribe for fibre broadband services. Some of the RSPs include M1, MyRepublic, SingTel, StarHub, SuperInternet and Viewqwest."

:im-so-happy:

anyone else can confirm this ?

jasonetee
01-03-14, 13:53

Keyed in postal code

You can now approach a Retail Service Provider (RSP) to subscribe for fibre broadband services. Some of the RSPs include M1, MyRepublic, SingTel, StarHub, SuperInternet and Viewqwest."

Wow. Check it out later.

jasonetee
01-03-14, 14:03

Keyed in postal code

Still the same TOP in 2015 message.:confused:

cdrum
01-03-14, 14:21

Keyed in postal code

Confirmed for block 40!!!!!

arvin2087
01-03-14, 14:25
Confirmed for block 40!!!!!

yes! im also from block 40 :)

jasonetee from what block? maybe they will do yours soon :)

teobryan
01-03-14, 16:51

Keyed in postal code

Thanks! I'm from Blk 38. Will check it out.......

Han
01-03-14, 17:01

Yes. I Agree the reason why choose separate compartment fridge. I am sensitive for smell too. The 5-6 doors fridge price is more expensive than comparing with 2-3 doors fridge.

jasonetee
01-03-14, 18:26
yes! im also from block 40 :)

jasonetee from what block? maybe they will do yours soon :)

Blk 38.:simmering:

jasonetee
01-03-14, 18:28
Spent a whole afternoon enjoying the place. The kids are absolutely delighted with the premises. The smiles on their faces are worth every penny I dumped into this property. :D

Draven005
01-03-14, 21:20
Jason, you know how it works in the army right?

You can do what you want but just dun get caught. If get caught, be prepared for consequences.

In mean time, tampines Giant is having a sale on grass and timber tiles. 29 bucks for 6 pieces. While stock lasts.

Timber Flooring can not but fake carpet grass can? :confused:

Tycho
01-03-14, 21:24
Hi,

I wrote to LTA regarding construction of a footpath to connect VE to the bridge crossing the PIE, in front of JTC industrial estate (see attachment for map). Their reply was the footpath's construction will have to be funded by the developer. LTA then wrote to HH to ask whether HH has any plan to open a back door and to construct the footpath, and HH replied there is no plan to do so.

I guess if residents are interested in crossing the PIE to access the upcoming Bedok North MRT and surrounding amenities, we will have to do the application of permit, then pay for the back door and construction of footpath. Don't think HH will do it for us. :(

Hosay2014
01-03-14, 22:15
Hi,

I wrote to LTA regarding construction of a footpath to connect VE to the bridge crossing the PIE, in front of JTC industrial estate (see attachment for map). Their reply was the footpath's construction will have to be funded by the developer. LTA then wrote to HH to ask whether HH has any plan to open a back door and to construct the footpath, and HH replied there is no plan to do so.

I guess if residents are interested in crossing the PIE to access the upcoming Bedok North MRT and surrounding amenities, we will have to do the application of permit, then pay for the back door and construction of footpath. Don't think HH will do it for us. :(

Maybe we have to fund it via mcst fund in the future. It will be real convinence for all resident and indirectly increase the value of our property!
Once this overhead bridge is constructed , we are direct assessibility to bedok reservoir market, hawker and giant!

chaoren
01-03-14, 22:20
Should be.
Their company, Shing Soon Aluminium Co specialise in 白钢门 & windows for the last 16 years. Check your PM.

Dear Neighbours (emoke05, Han, etc)

Please hold on if you are also engaging Top 1 Singapore Safety Window or their boss Victor Chai as your contractor to do your door grille.

I requested for aluminium and emailed Mr. Chai the dimensions & colour needed. He quoted the price $680 for 3 units. Today he came to do the measurements but on the agreement contract, he wrote "Solid Wrought Iron" & never write the colour code too. I wasn't there, got my family to go on behalf.

My family didn't see what he wrote on the agreement form & paid Mr. Chai $200 deposit. Neekon also paid $100 deposit to him. Now I just see the agreement form, and saw these 2 errors. I have been trying to call and SMS Mr. Chai since 10pm but he hung up the phone and not reply to my SMS.

dydxdydx
01-03-14, 22:24
Spent a whole afternoon enjoying the place. The kids are absolutely delighted with the premises. The smiles on their faces are worth every penny I dumped into this property. :D

The pool seemed to be fully utilized this morning and evening. Saw a group of ppl using the barbecue pit too. Overall, the condo surrounding looks decent.

Tycho
01-03-14, 22:59
Maybe we have to fund it via mcst fund in the future. It will be real convinence for all resident and indirectly increase the value of our property!
Once this overhead bridge is constructed , we are direct assessibility to bedok reservoir market, hawker and giant!

The overhead bridge is already there, but not the footpath nor back door..:o

chaoren
01-03-14, 23:40
Dear Neighbours (emoke05, Han, etc)

Please hold on if you are also engaging Top 1 Singapore Safety Window or their boss Victor Chai as your contractor to do your door grille.

I requested for aluminium and emailed Mr. Chai the dimensions & colour needed. He quoted the price $680 for 3 units. Today he came to do the measurements but on the agreement contract, he wrote "Solid Wrought Iron" & never write the colour code too. I wasn't there, got my family to go on behalf.

My family didn't see what he wrote on the agreement form & paid Mr. Chai $200 deposit. Neekon also paid $100 deposit to him. Now I just see the agreement form, and saw these 2 errors. I have been trying to call and SMS Mr. Chai since 10pm but he hung up the phone and not reply to my SMS.

Just got a call from him. Mr. Chai said he can not do aluminium and say if I can find someone who can do aluminium, he will refund my $200 deposit.

Actually, I found his company advertisement on Zaobao classified section. In the ad, it wrote HDB Lic HB-02-2428C which belongs to Shing Soon Aluminium Co. This makes me puzzled of Mr. Chai using other company's license number to operate under his own company's name.

Only when he came today, then I found out he is operating under "Top 1 Singapore Safety Window", a sole proprietorship company that is newly established and not a licence HDB contractor.

When I called him after seeing his newspaper advertisement, he said wrought iron is cheapest, aluminium is more expensive.

$680 is quotation for aluminium and I just asked for further discount as material is cheaper + because this price isn't the cheapest for wrought iron + he didn't consult me of using cheaper material but he refused to do so.

Thus, I advise you to refrain from engaging Mr. Chai to do your door grille due to the above reasons.

I can however, recommend another company with 38 years experience.
Link: http://www.hohoengineering1976.com.sg/aboutus.html

Jeffrey of Ho Ho Engineering quoted me $680 (1 unit) for solid wrought iron on 26 February. But their company is well established and I been to their ubi office once. I would think mostly you can get lower than $680 if neighbours combine 3 or more as well.

Hosay2014
01-03-14, 23:46
The overhead bridge is already there, but not the footpath nor back door..:o

Yup, we need one just at our backyard with a gate opening access. We are currently in between 2 oh bridge neither here or there.

jasonetee
02-03-14, 04:22
Just got a call from him. Mr. Chai said he can not do aluminium and say if I can find someone who can do aluminium, he will refund my $200 deposit.

Actually, I found his company advertisement on Zaobao classified section. In the ad, it wrote HDB Lic HB-02-2428C which belongs to Shing Soon Aluminium Co. This makes me puzzled of Mr. Chai using other company's license number to operate under his own company's name.

Only when he came today, then I found out he is operating under "Top 1 Singapore Safety Window", a sole proprietorship company that is newly established and not a licence HDB contractor.

When I called him after seeing his newspaper advertisement, he said wrought iron is cheapest, aluminium is more expensive.

$680 is quotation for aluminium and I just asked for further discount as material is cheaper + because this price isn't the cheapest for wrought iron + he didn't consult me of using cheaper material but he refused to do so.

Thus, I advise you to refrain from engaging Mr. Chai to do your door grille due to the above reasons.

Jeffrey of Ho Ho Engineering quoted me $680 (1 unit) for solid wrought iron on 26 February. But their company is well established and I been to their ubi office once. I would think mostly you can get lower than $680 if neighbours combine 3 or more as well.

Oh dear, I thought everything was agreed upon and had him dropped by to measure the grille for the yard area. Good thing is I haven't pay him any deposit as I didn't have the cash with me. So are you going ahead with him? He is charging me $880 for the yard grilles.

jasonetee
02-03-14, 05:16

Interesting read regarding aluminium and wrought iron. If wrought iron is twice the cost of aluminium, then Mr Chai's quotation is actually very good if the cost of using aluminium is the same price by other contractors?!

http://www.hohoengineering1976.com.sg/window-grille.html

chaoren
02-03-14, 08:19
Interesting read regarding aluminium and wrought iron. If wrought iron is twice the cost of aluminium, then Mr Chai's quotation is actually very good if the cost of using aluminium is the same price by other contractors?!

http://www.hohoengineering1976.com.sg/window-grille.html

That's for window grille not door grille. Maybe there is a difference.

Anyway, cheapest price I got for aluminium from other suppliers is $730 so it appears true to me that wrought iron is cheaper than aluminium. Quite a few supplier offer less than $730 for wrought iron.

jasonetee
02-03-14, 08:38
That's for window grille not door grille. Maybe there is a difference.

Anyway, cheapest price I got for aluminium from other suppliers is $730 so it appears true to me that wrought iron is cheaper than aluminium. Quite a few supplier offer less than $730 for wrought iron.

The article stated aluminium is the cheapest material. And I am also curious how they are going to fabricate the design and requirements with aluminium. Since I am looking for security, I would have to go for the wrought iron.

Neekon
02-03-14, 10:06
The article stated aluminium is the cheapest material. And I am also curious how they are going to fabricate the design and requirements with aluminium. Since I am looking for security, I would have to go for the wrought iron.

hmmm... I'm not sure if I'm right, but I had always understood that iron is more sturdy but subjected to rust vis a vis an aluminium set. also, iron is more expensive than aluminum.

http://www.herculesfence.com/blog/fencing/aluminum-fencing-vs-wrought-iron-fencing/

jasonetee
02-03-14, 11:16
hmmm... I'm not sure if I'm right, but I had always understood that iron is more sturdy but subjected to rust vis a vis an aluminium set. also, iron is more expensive than aluminum.

http://www.herculesfence.com/blog/fencing/aluminum-fencing-vs-wrought-iron-fencing/

That's what I understand too. There's another aluminium iron material that has both the qualities but super ex. End of the day, repaint if rusty.

musras
02-03-14, 11:50
Hi, I m keen on fake carpet grass for my patio. Can recommend pls? Maybe we can enjoy some bulk discount!

Giant has 30cm x 30cm fake grass. 6 pieces per box. $29 per box. I know the Tampines Giant has stock. But if you want 1 big piece you can contact Restz and Relax. They were selling it at Expo.

chaoren
02-03-14, 11:51
Oh dear, I thought everything was agreed upon and had him dropped by to measure the grille for the yard area. Good thing is I haven't pay him any deposit as I didn't have the cash with me. So are you going ahead with him? He is charging me $880 for the yard grilles.

01-11 is it your unit? Yes I am going ahead as I am hurry to start my renovation next week. Already settled my problem with him. He promised my grille will be ready next week so we will see!

Yard area is bigger size than door grille should cost more but I don't know if price is cheap, you can check with Neekon. She did some research on balcony & window grilles.

musras
02-03-14, 12:08

Keyed in postal code

Oh no! I just checked mine.. Blk 36.. Still says TOP 2015. Any idea what I should do?

musras
02-03-14, 12:12
Jason, you know how it works in the army right?

You can do what you want but just dun get caught. If get caught, be prepared for consequences.

In mean time, tampines Giant is having a sale on grass and timber tiles. 29 bucks for 6 pieces. While stock lasts.

If you get from Giant just ask them to deliver (for purchase more than $200). I did that when I got the timber tiles.

dydxdydx
02-03-14, 12:53
Oh no! I just checked mine.. Blk 36.. Still says TOP 2015. Any idea what I should do?

I did a quick check. So far only block 40 is "fibre ready".

jasonetee
02-03-14, 13:56
01-11 is it your unit? Yes I am going ahead as I am hurry to start my renovation next week. Already settled my problem with him. He promised my grille will be ready next week so we will see!

Yard area is bigger size than door grille should cost more but I don't know if price is cheap, you can check with Neekon. She did some research on balcony & window grilles.

Yes. Are you staying above me? I am also going ahead I guess. Sometimes too much hassle just to save a couple of bucks. Trying not to make the renovation too stressful. Already have to handle so much stress due to work and studies. :banghead:

jasonetee
02-03-14, 13:57
Giant has 30cm x 30cm fake grass. 6 pieces per box. $29 per box. I know the Tampines Giant has stock. But if you want 1 big piece you can contact Restz and Relax. They were selling it at Expo.

I wonder how does the carpet grass feel? Like the real ones? I went to the lawn area yesterday and the carpet grass were quite dry due to the weather.

chaoren
02-03-14, 17:31
Yes. Are you staying above me? I am also going ahead I guess. Sometimes too much hassle just to save a couple of bucks. Trying not to make the renovation too stressful. Already have to handle so much stress due to work and studies. :banghead:

Yup, same too. I only have time to go there once a week usually either on a Monday or Tuesday to inspect.

Tomorrow, I am going to go down to give Mr. Kumar a lecture. My family told me many defects still not done and its been already 3 weeks of waiting. They really are taking their own sweet time. :simmering:

blade_kap
02-03-14, 19:41
Hi everyone, today i went for the furniture show at expo. got a quote for curtain, night curtain $4.00 psf. how is that price? consider cheap?

dexterchua88
02-03-14, 19:47
Went up today and it's 3 weeks too yet nothing much being done. Just one Chinese worker working on the balcony tiles. Tomorrow going to have a good
chat with Mr. Kumar.

Han
02-03-14, 20:23
Hi everyone, today i went for the furniture show at expo. got a quote for curtain, night curtain $4.00 psf. how is that price? consider cheap?

Inclusive of curtain track? Is it blackout? How much will it cost if include day curtain too?

Recently, Francis's supplier quoted to him is around $65/m2 for day and night.

I am thinking to install night curtain for bedrooms and day & night curtain for living room.

mshlin
02-03-14, 21:51
To those live on 2nd floor and above,

Is there a water tap installed at the balcony outside living room?
Mine don't have it but the drawing shows it.
Is it a defect?:confused:

mshlin
02-03-14, 22:07

you may try to write to opennet with the TOP letter attached.
go opennet website -> Help

Draven005
02-03-14, 22:53
Yup. There is a water tap on top of the drain hole at the balcony outside living room.

chaoren
02-03-14, 23:01

I don't have water tap in my balconies too. :scared-4:

What drawing are you referring to? You mean floor plan? Got photo?

If there is, I must inform Kumar tomorrow!

blade_kap
02-03-14, 23:18
Inclusive of curtain track? Is it blackout? How much will it cost if include day curtain too?

I am thinking to install night curtain for bedrooms and day & night curtain for living room.
Yes, curtain track included. Both night out and dimout $4 psf.
Day curtain is $15, Roller blind $6.00, forget which one is by inch which one by psf...

jeremylbt
03-03-14, 01:15
Hi all, anyone doing laundry system in the backyard?

I'm wondering if we can install a laundry system on the ceiling above the air con ledge for type C3?

dydxdydx
03-03-14, 06:12

I don't have any tap in the balconies. Its not found on the detailed floor plans provided during key collection too. Mine is Type C3.

cdrum
03-03-14, 07:18
I don't have any tap in the balconies. Its not found on the detailed floor plans provided during key collection too. Mine is Type C3.

Same here. Block 40 type C3 - no tap on balcony in real life or in the plans.

dell1000
03-03-14, 07:43
Yup. There is a water tap on top of the drain hole at the balcony outside living room.
It seems most house don't have water tap at the balcony, can you show a picture ?

dell1000
03-03-14, 07:53

My one is 32/m for the night curtain, and 22/m for the veil, and 15/m for the track, including installation.
so total is (32+22+15*2)/meter, is that usual price ?

SGK73
03-03-14, 08:09
Tap at balcony is for penthouse only

dell1000
03-03-14, 08:09

Yes, a back door and path to the overhead bridge is very important for us, since there are several food courts and future MRT station.
I am not sure how much for the path and door, but based on my understanding, it should not be a big sum for one unit, let me guess, 200/unit, total 200*473 is around 100K, enough?
I think we cannot count on HH for the back door and path since it seems they don't care about their reputation.

by the way, how to contact LTA? from official email ? because VE officer told me that the main gate issue is due to LTA reject the HH main gate design. but I still doubt it.

mshlin
03-03-14, 09:53

See the drawing.

Francis Woo
03-03-14, 10:00
Think all ground floor units have it too. Mine certainly has it!

mshlin
03-03-14, 10:00
My one is 32/m for the night curtain, and 22/m for the veil, and 15/m for the track, including installation.
so total is (32+22+15*2)/meter, is that usual price ?

very hard to compare the price like apple to apple, as the curtain price could vary from $10+ to $60+, depending on material, thickness, country, etc.
also the height matters.

Francis Woo
03-03-14, 11:51
To all ground floor owners here, good news. I just got introduction to Johor based Star Point Curtain & Furnishing. The boss John Yong is running around Singapore with a tape and samples. Below is what he quoted me..
1. 2 bedrooms and living room, supply and install, double powder coated white tracks. Day and night dim out curtain (Accorda collection), plain colours only - total cost is $962.00 (2 weeks lead time)
2. 2 bedrooms curtain (above materials) and living room with roller black out blinds - total cost is $1050.00 (2 weeks lead time)
Forget about my previous recommendation. This is it.
He can be contacted at 93365052. He is a busy guy so make the appointment and stick to it. You can mention my name as a referral.

Those on the higher floors, due to lower ceiling height, the cost will be cheaper than those on the ground floors.

03-03-14, 12:55
Hi,

Just to check with you all. Do anyone of you do your window and Balcony grills? Any pics and whats the cost. Can share? THanks a lot.

ct
03-03-14, 13:09
the opennet cabling/ trunking need to take place after the defect but b4 the painting and carpentry works on shoerack n tv console rite else b big job

just came to mind....

anyone knows if the approved design for the window grilles apply for balcony as well? Any favorable quotes so far for C3 type of unit?

jeremylbt
03-03-14, 13:20
Hi Guys,

I've just done my 2nd joint inspection with Maria for Blk 40. Mine is type C2.
I told him about the tap at the balcony and showed him the plumbing plan. He then called someone from Straits Construction to look at my unit. He told me it's a "mistake" in the plan to have the tap drawn. Of cos i can't accept this kinda reasoning and told him to sort out with developer.

I will die die want my tap in the balcony. Please refer to your plumbing plan.

Please reflect this to your inspection officer. Type C1 should have the tap too.

On a separate issue with regards to renovation, is it really compulsory for us to take up an insurance coverage of $1million??

Han
03-03-14, 14:24
To all ground floor owners here, good news. I just got introduction to Johor based Star Point Curtain & Furnishing. The boss John Yong is running around Singapore with a tape and samples. Below is what he quoted me..
1. 2 bedrooms and living room, supply and install, double powder coated white tracks. Day and night dim out curtain (Accorda collection), plain colours only - total cost is $962.00 (2 weeks lead time)
2. 2 bedrooms curtain (above materials) and living room with roller black out blinds - total cost is $1050.00 (2 weeks lead time)
Forget about my previous recommendation. This is it.
He can be contacted at 93365052. He is a busy guy so make the appointment and stick to it. You can mention my name as a referral.

Those on the higher floors, due to lower ceiling height, the cost will be cheaper than those on the ground floors.

Hi Francis,
I would like to clarify with you before I contact him directly.

What I understand is he quoted 2 options.
Option 1) $962 for day & night curtain, double track, and installation to 2 bedrooms, & living room due to low ceiling height.
Option 2) $1050 for day & night curtain, double track, and installation to 2 bedrooms, and roller blind to living room.

Appreciate for your reply, and sharing info to all of us.

cdrum
03-03-14, 20:36
the opennet cabling/ trunking need to take place after the defect but b4 the painting and carpentry works on shoerack n tv console rite else b big job

What do you mean? The OpenNet FTP box is already in the DB box, yah? What other cabling is needed? Thanks

Francis Woo
03-03-14, 20:39
Mine is the ground floor (no windows, just sliding doors) and the living and both bedrooms are of the same height at 10 feet. The differences are in the width of the curtains. If you live on the higher floors your windows and living room heights will be different and should be getting a lower cost.

mshlin
03-03-14, 21:28
Hi Guys,

I told him about the tap at the balcony and showed him the plumbing plan. He then called someone from Straits Construction to look at my unit. He told me it's a "mistake" in the plan to have the tap drawn. Of cos i can't accept this kinda reasoning and told him to sort out with developer.

Please reflect this to your inspection officer. Type C1 should have the tap too.

On a separate issue with regards to renovation, is it really compulsory for us to take up an insurance coverage of $1million??

mine is C1. The plumbing drawing is certified by a PE, and issued to owner already. how can he or HH let such mistake happen? if we sue HH, we sure win, right?

as for the deposit maybe it's reasonable if you do a big renovation.
but for me, I just buy furniture/appliance from different shops, so I think it's funny.

stayer
03-03-14, 21:41
Hi,

Just to check with you all. Do anyone of you do your window and Balcony grills? Any pics and whats the cost. Can share? THanks a lot.

Hi,
For balcony, i understand invisible grill is approved by the management(only vertical ones; the supplier mentioned horizontal ones is rejected..)

for me, i use invisible grills for both balcony, and normal grills(iron type) for both my rooms.

since only 2 company in Singapore have invisible grills, i use CAS, (Lynda; 90077274). damage is around 2K for 2 balcony
For the normal grills, you can check with post done few page earlier.. as there is quite a bit of discussion on this.

However, i have not installed the grills yet, so cannot speak on the workmanship, but judging by the discussion with the sales, she seems quite experience in the field.
pls note I'm not related nor have any incentive to the sales. ;)

V@Eowner
03-03-14, 22:02
Folks,

Need to verify if these are defects:

- main entrance door operates by hydraulic. Is yours able to remain 'locked' fully opened and you simply pull it to close? Mine will not remain 'locked' in fully opened position.

- bedroom doors have horizontal grooves but without any metallic inserts (like the main entrance door). Is this a defect as well?

- balcony and shower stall drain holes do not have the white water trap inside - just the flip open metallic piece. Is this normal or a defect?

Thank you!

1969Mani
03-03-14, 22:18
Folks,

Need to verify if these are defects:

- main entrance door operates by hydraulic. Is yours able to remain 'locked' fully opened and you simply pull it to close? Mine will not remain 'locked' in fully opened position.

- bedroom doors have horizontal grooves but without any metallic inserts (like the main entrance door). Is this a defect as well?

- balcony and shower stall drain holes do not have the white water trap inside - just the flip open metallic piece. Is this normal or a defect?

Thank you!

The main door can kept open with some nudge. If yours can't, you can list it as a defect. They can resolve this quite easily.

I have checked for the other 2 items (metallic strip inserts on indoor doors and white water traps for shower stalls and balconies) with Kumar during my defect inspection. He mentioned that these are not provided for.

Please also check for provision of solid top ledge (to place shampoo or shower gel bottles) at the shower area. My unit has one provided only at the common toilet, but not at the bedroom toilets.

V@Eowner
03-03-14, 22:42
The main door can kept open with some nudge. If yours can't, you can list it as a defect. They can resolve this quite easily.

I have checked for the other 2 items (metallic strip inserts on indoor doors and white water traps for shower stalls and balconies) with Kumar during my defect inspection. He mentioned that these are not provided for.

Please also check for provision of solid top ledge (to place shampoo or shower gel bottles) at the shower area. My unit has one provided only at the common toilet, but not at the bedroom toilets.

Thanks! That super heavy main door that refuses to stay open is a major problem for me. Got it down as a defect!
All toilets have the solid surface shelf. Thanks for the reminder.

Cheers

chaoren
04-03-14, 00:01
What do you mean? The OpenNet FTP box is already in the DB box, yah? What other cabling is needed? Thanks

There are no data points in the bedrooms. So if your desktop is in the bedroom, you can only be connected wireless whereby the connectivity will be slower. I'm going to get contractors down to install 1 in each bedroom this week.

I faced same problem with V@Eowner. The main door can not remain opened. Glad someone highlighted it, I am going to list it as a new defect found too.

jeremylbt
04-03-14, 00:03
mine is C1. The plumbing drawing is certified by a PE, and issued to owner already. how can he or HH let such mistake happen? if we sue HH, we sure win, right?

as for the deposit maybe it's reasonable if you do a big renovation.
but for me, I just buy furniture/appliance from different shops, so I think it's funny.

My take is if Straits Construction don't make good of the tap in the balcony, I'll ask my ID/contractor to do it and claim from developer.

It's gg to be quite a major work as it involves hacking the whole false ceiling from the passageway to the living room to the balcony to install the water pipe and the tap.

Straits is gg to spend a bomb if all owners claim this as defect.

chaoren
04-03-14, 00:33
Hi Guys,

Are you ground floor or higher?

Its definitely a mistake in the drawing for yours.

Type C2 really do not have tap in the balcony I can confirm this because I just checked mind but there is no tap in the balcony.

It is impossible for some type C2 units to have tap in the balcony while others do not have it.

Looks like there are at least 2 stacks in block 40 & 46 having the same mistake. But please do update if they do install the tap in the balcony for you.

By the way, try visiting block 42, their entrance gate is so poorly designed.
I walked over to Blk 42 to see the wrought iron grille of #01-22. I tried to scan my access card but can not open (looks like we can not enter other blocks). However I notice one can simply stretch his/her arms in to press the button on the wall inside to open the entrance gate.

chaoren
04-03-14, 08:33
Dear all,

I have good news to share!
I just received the latest email update from OpenNet today.

All our buildings Blk 36,38,40,42,44,46,48,50 in Vacanza @ East are now fibre ready.

hyenergix
04-03-14, 09:20

Type C2 really do not have tap in the balcony I can confirm this because I just checked mind but there is no tap in the balcony.

It is impossible for some type C2 units to have tap in the balcony while others do not have it.

Looks like there are at least 2 stacks in block 40 & 46 having the same mistake. But please do update if they do install the tap in the balcony for you.

I walked over to Blk 42 to see the wrought iron grille of #01-22. I tried to scan my access card but can not open (looks like we can not enter other blocks). However I notice one can simply stretch his/her arms in to press the button on the wall inside to open the entrance gate.

Did you notice the PE stamp on the pdf file with the tap drawings?

V@Eowner
04-03-14, 09:38
However I notice one can simply stretch his/her arms in to press the button on the wall inside to open the entrance gate.

LOL. The gates look like those found in prisons. I hope the V@E designer did not do design work for the Prison Service!

mshlin
04-03-14, 11:01
Did you notice the PE stamp on the pdf file with the tap drawings?

Yes. PE stamp is there.
Ying Kee Yeow, 4271

hyenergix
04-03-14, 11:14
Yes. PE stamp is there.
Ying Kee Yeow, 4271

Do you want to verify if the project is built according to approved designs by PE or some other non-approved designs?

chaoren
04-03-14, 12:16
There are no data points in the bedrooms. So if your desktop is in the bedroom, you can only be connected wireless whereby the connectivity will be slower. I'm going to get contractors down to install 1 in each bedroom this week.

I faced same problem with V@Eowner. The main door can not remain opened. Glad someone highlighted it, I am going to list it as a new defect found too.

Dear neighbours,

Mr. Kumar just called me to go down to collect keys today. He said the defects are all rectified.

I asked about the main door. He said the developer does not provide stopper for the main door. I have to D.I.Y if I want. Is this true? Thanks.

mshlin
04-03-14, 16:21
Do you want to verify if the project is built according to approved designs by PE or some other non-approved designs?

can you please elaborate how?
the drawing we received are not original but photocopied.

mshlin
04-03-14, 16:23
Dear neighbours,

Mr. Kumar just called me to go down to collect keys today. He said the defects are all rectified.

I asked about the main door. He said the developer does not provide stopper for the main door. I have to D.I.Y if I want. Is this true? Thanks.
Congratulation! I can foresee rectification in my unit is still slow.

from those discussion, I deduce that you don't need a stop to hold the door but the door closer also acts as stopper to hold the door still if it's open more than certan angle.

You may try it. I will try on this Sat.

cvincent
04-03-14, 16:39
Congratulation! I can foresee rectification in my unit is still slow.

from those discussion, I deduce that you don't need a stop to hold the door but the door closer also acts as stopper to hold the door still if it's open more than certan angle.

You may try it. I will try on this Sat.

Good on you Chaoren, hope everything has been recitified. May i know when did you submit ur defect list to Kumar? i just wanna get a sense of how long they take for rectification.

Thanks!

V@Eowner
04-03-14, 18:32
NOT TRUE! I happened to visit another unit and tried out their main door. It will hold and stay open once you open it beyond a certain angle. To close it, just give it a tug and it will shut nicely.

So it is a defect and I will be making that clear to them! If they say its not a defect, I will arrange with that unit for a visit to prove their lying .....

Dear neighbours,

chaoren
04-03-14, 19:13
Good on you Chaoren, hope everything has been recitified. May i know when did you submit ur defect list to Kumar? i just wanna get a sense of how long they take for rectification.

Thanks!

Still not everything is rectified.

I submitted on 11 February, 10AM.
I made on 2nd inspection with Kumar on 24 February.
Today 4th March is my 3rd inspection with him.

The main door issue has been rectified. Most issued sorted.
Still there are 4 areas not done.

1. The electrical/water door when opened, will hit my main door frame.
2. The balconies railings still rusty.
3. The master bedroom flooring has cement spots.
4. Main door polishing still not good enough.
5. I told him about dexterchua88's complain about the railing with spot soldering. He says it is still being looked into.

So I did not take back my keys yet. This is my 3rd round of inspection.

See photo below, I just D.I.Y the head shower in my master bathroom today, bought the parts from Tanjong Katong Complex. Saved some money, the Interior Designer wanted to charge me $200 for installation.
http://i62.tinypic.com/jr4kr5.jpg

cvincent
04-03-14, 19:30

5. I told him about dexterchua88's complain about the railing with spot soldering. He says it is still being looked into.

See photo below, I just D.I.Y the head shower in my master bathroom today, bought the parts from Tanjong Katong Complex. Saved some money, the Interior Designer wanted to charge me $200 for installation.

Oic, so around 1 month :banghead: with several inspections. the more i visit the place, the more defects i find :eek: wth $200 for installation :scared-1:
reno gotta start at least after 1 mth liao :sleep:

dexterchua88
04-03-14, 19:58
Hello Chaoren, I am being told today that Straits will be getting the test result or approval for the glass panels from the sub-contractor. Once they have the documents, they will release them to homeowners.

stayer
04-03-14, 20:08

hi chaoren
i though you need to finish the rectification before reno? they okay with the installation?

hyenergix
04-03-14, 21:12
can you please elaborate how?
the drawing we received are not original but photocopied.

Suggest you contact the PE or BCA directly to check if the tap at the balcony should really be there. This is a very unusual project.

04-03-14, 21:49
Dear neighbours,

hi chaoren. you ask mr kumar to call his guys to adjust the spring hinge on top of the door ledge by using an allan key. it is less than one minute job

mshlin
04-03-14, 21:57
Surf BCA website and found there are lots of information on how to check the quality of marble floor, timber floor, etc. everything.
https://www.bca.gov.sg/QM/quality.html

If according to those standards, HH cannot pass. :tsk-tsk:

Francis Woo
04-03-14, 22:08

The agreement stipulates that all rectification works must be completed within one month and accepted by the owner, failing which, the latter can engage his/her contractor to complete the rectification and charge the cost to the developer!

mshlin
04-03-14, 22:12
surprisingly V@E is also under BCA QM scheme. :doh:

Surf BCA website and found there are lots of information on how to check the quality of marble floor, timber floor, etc. everything.
https://www.bca.gov.sg/QM/quality.html

If according to those standards, HH cannot pass. :tsk-tsk:

Akira Fudou
04-03-14, 23:17

my bathroom is without that white solid shelf ...:doh:

Hosay2014
04-03-14, 23:33
Dear all,

I have good news to share!
I just received the latest email update from OpenNet today.

All our buildings Blk 36,38,40,42,44,46,48,50 in Vacanza @ East are now fibre ready.

Thanks superman. This is splendid news! I can bring my existing contract over Liao!

chaoren
05-03-14, 05:58
hi chaoren
i though you need to finish the rectification before reno? they okay with the installation?

My renovation haven't start. It starts this Friday. Already submitted my cheque to Management Office yesterday. So I told Kumar it must finish by Thursday otherwise I will get my Interior Designer to do it on 11 March once the 1 month is due.

I agree HH's floor quality for timber flooring sucks.
A lot of random white spots and the polishing is so thin. I can still feel the wood particles as I stepped into the master bedroom flooring.

jeremylbt
05-03-14, 12:03
Found a curtain contact online who quoted to do my curtains for 3 bedrooms and a living room for just under $1k.

material used: Suede

Wonder if this price is possible? any comments?

http://redesigncurtain.com.sg/

kelxz
05-03-14, 12:53
Chaoren nice shower! Can install for me too?:cheers4:

chaoren
05-03-14, 13:46
Thanks superman. This is splendid news! I can bring my existing contract over Liao!

Need to make an amendment from my previous post.

OpenNet called me today, and I discovered that our clubhouse is still not fibre ready. I have wrote an open letter via email to OpenNet today as seen below.

Dear OpenNet,

To my understanding, all residents' blocks in Vacanza@East are now fibre-ready.

However, based on my check with your colleague Ain today, she told me that Block 44 Lengkong Tujoh Singapore 417395 (where the Clubhouse is located) is still not fibre-ready because nobody has yet to request OpenNet to activate fibre service for this block.

In the clubhouse, block 44, there are a total of 9 units as follow:

2 Function Rooms (Level 3)
1 Reading Room (Level 3)
1 Karaoke Room (Level 2)
1 Theatre Room (Level 2)
1 Recreation Room (Level 2)
1 Gymnasium Room (Level 2)
1 Commercial Shop (Level 1)
1 Management Office (Level 1 - #01-41)

So could you kindly escalate on this matter?

I hope it can be fibre-ready by end of March 2014 because I will be using the clubhouse (particularly reading room & gymnasium room) with my guest(s) from April 2014 onwards.

Reason being, based on our sales & purchase agreement with the developer, they are required to provide unrestricted wireless internet connectivity to all residents that are using the clubhouse. But until now, the developer has not delivered this mandatory service to residents although we have started paying for the monthly maintenance fee for at least a month now.

I am unsure if the free wireless broadband access that the developer is providing, will be fibre or regular one, however I do not hope to hear from the developer or management office to give reasons later that OpenNet has not activated fibre service for the block, which causes the delay in them providing wireless to residents.

Han
05-03-14, 13:49

I got a quote for fridge that are inclusive of GST.
Hitachi R-SF45CMS, Size: 650W x 1818H x 648D, Price $2,280/ -
Hitachi R-SF48CMS, Size: 685W x 1818H x 643D, Price $2,490/ -
Mitsubishi MR-BX52W, Size: 650W x 1821H x 699D $3,090/ -

I have to choose Hitachi fridge too due to depth constrain.

dvldude
05-03-14, 15:12

My unit is type C2 as well, I do not have tap at the balcony

dvldude
05-03-14, 15:21

I'm wondering if we can install a laundry system on the ceiling above the air con ledge for type C3?

From what i know, need to apply and see if approved, but I see some units already done it, can check out Ezzi Living Clotheslines

V@Eowner
05-03-14, 15:45
Did you guys check the sliding doors where the locks are? Mine have exposed screws. But you can see each screw is in a depression and there are two guide holes. These should be covered up by some sort of plastic covers. The exposed screws are ugly ... and will be uglier when they start to rust.http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2880/12944893143_33cfcecfd3_c.jpg

jeremylbt
05-03-14, 15:45
From what i know, need to apply and see if approved, but I see some units already done it, can check out Ezzi Living Clotheslines

I've asked Hoi Hup. They replied saying can only install in service yard area and not above the air con ledge. What's the difference if i install above the air con ledge?

dvldude
05-03-14, 15:46
Anyone have good company to recommend for curtains? and roughly the cost if you have done yours. Greatly appreciated.

Newbie234
05-03-14, 15:54
Chaoren nice shower! Can install for me too?:cheers4:

Install for me too! 50 bucks installation fee!;)

hazellimhj
05-03-14, 17:21
Hello future neighbours, I am new to this thread, from blk 38. I submitted my defect list on 27 Feb. I tried to schedule an inspection for progress but was told by Kumar he will call me when most defects are rectified. Wonder how long he will take as I am rushing to move in by May as my baby is due.

I also read that the main door actually can be stopped. I didn't raise it as a defect as during key collection, the lady from HH told me that due to fire proof door, they are not allowed to install door stopping mechanism!

Anyone else has issue on differing marble flooring tiles? I have a row of about 4 tiles that are of an obviously darker shade. Wonder if anyone had it rectified and whether it affected the other tiles. I was advised by ID to leave it as such as rectifying it might affect other tiles.

Wonder how I can chase and follow up closely to ensure defects are rectified well on time.

Francis Woo
05-03-14, 18:37
Same block but I submitted mine on the 21st feb and to date, nothing done!:mad:

I will be heading there tomorrow to confront Kumar and give him a piece of mind and warn him that he has only a month to complete otherwise I will engage outside contractors to do the job and charge it to him.

V@Eowner
05-03-14, 20:23
Hello future neighbours, I am new to this thread, from blk 38. I submitted my defect list on 27 Feb. I tried to schedule an inspection for progress but was told by Kumar he will call me when most defects are rectified. Wonder how long he will take as I am rushing to move in by May as my baby is due.

I also read that the main door actually can be stopped. I didn't raise it as a defect as during key collection, the lady from HH told me that due to fire proof door, they are not allowed to install door stopping mechanism!

Anyone else has issue on differing marble flooring tiles? I have a row of about 4 tiles that are of an obviously darker shade. Wonder if anyone had it rectified and whether it affected the other tiles. I was advised by ID to leave it as such as rectifying it might affect other tiles.

Wonder how I can chase and follow up closely to ensure defects are rectified well on time.

I have not submitted my list so can't help you much. But the main door can definitely be stopped. I've seen another unit with that feature. Actually, a few posts back there was someone who had the door with the same problem rectified. and another post saying its just a one minute job with an allen key.

My living room tiles are superb. No problems there.

And congratulations in advance on the birth of your child. I think your new home should be ready when he/she arrives in May:)

CKCPA
05-03-14, 20:55
Congratulations!

It will likely take 4 weeks. Like Chaoren, I have submitted my list on 11/2 and another list 2 weeks later. I was at unit earlier today as there's a delivery to be made and happened to meet rep from Straits. Finally more than 90% rectified... a few smaller items are not fixed yet as the items they ordered have not arrived. He assured me that they will be fixed eventually and wanted me to sign form and take back key. I politely told them I will feel better when everything is done as, to me (call me kiasi), signing the form means I agree 100% been done.

My renovation starts tomorrow. Trying to move in before Qingming...

Re flooring issue, they will not change it. I have real ugly timber strips for my master bedroom which looks like chemical stains but they told me they are natural wood grain. Apparently, they have a letter to confirm it. I suspect the same may apply for the marble flooring.

Blacknight
05-03-14, 21:07

Your prices are cheaper, where did you find these? Got picture?

I bought mine from audio house who promises cheapest price, else refund the difference!

dvldude
05-03-14, 22:50
I've asked Hoi Hup. They replied saying can only install in service yard area and not above the air con ledge. What's the difference if i install above the air con ledge?

I might be wrong, the ceiling above the air con ledge is concrete while as the service yard is false, I have seen units that do above the air con ledge, for me I choose in the middle, reason behind I don't want to be too far away from the yard to prevent unforeseen mishaps. The installer can advise you but he will also tell you some units don't care and just install above the air con ledge. So, its your call.

Neekon
05-03-14, 22:53

mine got rejected. they cite safety as reason, as potentially you would have to climb over to the air con ledge to pick up dropped clothes.

dvldude
05-03-14, 22:54

Nice, what the model so its easier for me to get it as well, which shop also will be good, thanks in advance chaoren

dvldude
05-03-14, 22:57
Same here. Block 40 type C3 - no tap on balcony in real life or in the plans.

mine also, Blk 40, type C3, no tap on balcony and on the floor plan, the only way to check its by the sale agreement plans when we bought it, as the current plan is what they built so definitely dont have.

Neekon
05-03-14, 23:00
I might be wrong, the ceiling above the air con ledge is concrete while as the service yard is false, I have seen units that do above the air con ledge, for me I choose in the middle, reason behind I don't want to be too far away from the yard to prevent unforeseen mishaps. The installer can advise you but he will also tell you some units don't care and just install above the air con ledge. So, its your call.

:mad: Double Standard? they rejected me upfront when I submitted my cheque deposit. While I accept their rationale of safety should any clothes drop, I don't see why there should be double standard.

Hosay2014
06-03-14, 00:16

Good choice man! I did a comparison too with Mitsubishi folio series before decides on hitachi. Specs vs specs hitachi wins hands down. Basically u r paying for the commercial ads which cost the premium between them. The vacuum compartment is a class of its own. Welcome to the club!

dvldude
06-03-14, 01:23
:mad: Double Standard? they rejected me upfront when I submitted my cheque deposit. While I accept their rationale of safety should any clothes drop, I don't see why there should be double standard.

Not double standard, I believe the others just don't bother to apply for it.

NorthernStar
06-03-14, 07:23

condo need to maintain certain exterior looks. MA sure reject this application. to be frank, this interim MA may not ask you to dissemble (in case u have installed it).

However, imo, when MCST formed after 1 years later, you may get many letters from MA..

chaoren
06-03-14, 07:31
Install for me too! 50 bucks installation fee!;)

Ok! If you really need, buy yourself then PM me your contact number. They selling the parts $125 total.

http://i62.tinypic.com/2096rde.jpg

chaoren
06-03-14, 07:42
Congratulations!

It will likely take 4 weeks. Like Chaoren, I have submitted my list on 11/2 and another list 2 weeks later. I was at unit earlier today as there's a delivery to be made and happened to meet rep from Straits. Finally more than 90% rectified... a few smaller items are not fixed yet as the items they ordered have not arrived. He assured me that they will be fixed eventually and wanted me to sign form and take back key. I politely told them I will feel better when everything is done as, to me (call me kiasi), signing the form means I agree 100% been done.

My renovation starts tomorrow. Trying to move in before Qingming...

Re flooring issue, they will not change it. I have real ugly timber strips for my master bedroom which looks like chemical stains but they told me they are natural wood grain. Apparently, they have a letter to confirm it. I suspect the same may apply for the marble flooring.

Oh I am meeting Kumar tomorrow morning to collect my keys back.

Its very rush for you to move in by 20 March since Qingming festival runs from 21 March to 5 April. Then 6th & 7th April are also inauspicious dates to move house.

My renovation starts tomorrow and I plan to move in on auspicious date 8 April 2014 !

Astreal16
06-03-14, 07:51

Congratulations on your new addition!

It's usually advisable not to change the tiles as it involves hacking the existing wrong coloured tiles. That would or could possibly lead to uneven flooring, chipping off the neighboring tiles or during the rectification work, scratch other tiles. not to mention it's pretty hard to obtain back a similar colour. Most ID would advise you to place something over it... if that's an option.

Francis Woo
06-03-14, 09:26

Its very rush for you to move in by 20 March since Qingming festival runs from 21 March to 5 April. Then 6th & 7th April are also inauspicious dates to move house.

My renovation starts tomorrow and I plan to move in on auspicious date 8 April 2014 !

Actually, Qingming starts on April 5th!:)

For everyone's info and planning...
http://voyager8.blogspot.sg/2013/12/auspicious-dates-for-moving-to-new.html

CKCPA
06-03-14, 09:28
Thanks Chaoren. I must have made a mistake on the qingming festival.... thought I saw on the Chinese calendar that it starts on 5 April.

If it starts on 21, then it will be a challenge to move in before. Also need to find an auspicious date to move the bed in...

chaoren
06-03-14, 09:31
http://publicholiday.org/calendar/qingming/

According to this website, it is celebrated earliest (21 March) or latest by 5 April not after that.

I already checked the calendar, 3 days after Qingming, 8 April 2014 (Tuesday) is the best.

Francis Woo
06-03-14, 09:45
If you are those who worry about auspicious days and fengshui, here's the info on the auspicious day for renovation to begin.:)
http://voyager8.blogspot.sg/2013/12/auspicious-dates-for-renovation-in-2014.html

chaoren
06-03-14, 10:05
Thanks Chaoren. I must have made a mistake on the qingming festival.... thought I saw on the Chinese calendar that it starts on 5 April.

If it starts on 21, then it will be a challenge to move in before. Also need to find an auspicious date to move the bed in...

I just checked for you.
22 March, 24 March & 2nd April are most auspicious dates to move the beds in if you also plan to move house on 8 April like me. :)

CKCPA
06-03-14, 10:56
Thanks Francis and Chaoren.

Han
06-03-14, 14:44
Your prices are cheaper, where did you find these? Got picture?

I bought mine from audio house who promises cheapest price, else refund the difference!

I am waiting one more quote from other supplier else well. Sometimes, price quoted for end user and contractor are not same. I ask for contractor price.

I have picture, and spec. But, I don't know how to attach to this page. You can get spec from Hitachi & Mitsubishi's web page too.

Thanks.

jasonetee
06-03-14, 17:43

It's false ceiling at the yard area.

jasonetee
06-03-14, 17:58
Done the defects rectification with Mr Kumar today. Quite a number of major defects.

jasonetee
06-03-14, 18:24
Had a chat with management office today. They are quite tight on works in the yard, balcony, PES and shifting of electrical wires and works.

jasonetee
06-03-14, 18:54
Anyone looking into exhaust fan installation for the toilets?

cdrum
06-03-14, 19:36
Anyone looking into exhaust fan installation for the toilets?

I'm thinking about it. Annoyingly they didn't put in an electrical outlet by the windows. Even my HDB bathrooms have...

Blacknight
06-03-14, 19:46
Got this event from a friend:

Contact Joel for RSVP +65 9635 9956

Blacknight
06-03-14, 19:58
Cannot post picture, it's the Home Makers Event at Safra Tampines on 30th March. Curtains, lights, digital locks, etc.

Anyway contact the above guy for details of event. Cheers!

jasonetee
06-03-14, 20:00
Got this event from a friend:

Contact Joel for RSVP +65 9635 9956

What event?

jasonetee
06-03-14, 20:01
I'm thinking about it. Annoyingly they didn't put in an electrical outlet by the windows. Even my HDB bathrooms have...

Yah. A lot of electrical works needed for this condo. :doh:

jasonetee
06-03-14, 21:41
I am having bird shit problems, cigarette butts problems, loads of knife blades thrown down into my balcony area.:scared-5:

Francis Woo
07-03-14, 10:29
I also have a dead cockroach and cigarette butt and dry leaves on the balcony too.:doh:

Han
07-03-14, 12:38
Hi,
Just share info to you those who are interested Furniture show at Expo.....

"International Furniture Fair Singapore 2014 / 31st ASEAN Furniture Show The Decor Show 2014/ Hospitality 360° 2014"

Admission:Trade - Admission by Business Card Registration only

Venue:Hall 3A to 9

Time:
13 to 15 Mar 2014: 9am to 6pm
16 Mar 2014: 9am to 5pm
16 Mar 2014: 12pm to 5pm (Open to Public)

musras
07-03-14, 13:10
I am having bird shit problems, cigarette butts problems, loads of knife blades thrown down into my balcony area.:scared-5:

Where are the knife blades from? I also found a rusty knife blade on my window sill. I returned it to a worker during the defects inspection and guess what.. He threw it on the corridor right outside my door step.

dydxdydx
07-03-14, 15:50
I passed by Block 36/38 and noticed that one unit at Level 1 had installed a few huge vintage wall lamps on the wall of its PES. I saw in previous posts that wall lamps are not allowed on balconies. I'm a bit confused now :doh: Anyone has any comments?

jeremylbt
07-03-14, 16:56
I passed by Block 36/38 and noticed that one unit at Level 1 had installed a few huge vintage wall lamps on the wall of its PES. I saw in previous posts that wall lamps are not allowed on balconies. I'm a bit confused now :doh: Anyone has any comments?

It's ur call to do anything to your unit and up to the management to speak up.

As the saying goes, do anything you like but don't get caught.

cvincent
07-03-14, 17:26
It's ur call to do anything to your unit and up to the management to speak up.

As the saying goes, do anything you like but don't get caught.

ya man dat ang moh got a kool mini double fan at his balcony as well :D

chaoren
08-03-14, 09:10

I highlighted your concern to Patrick & the security chief liao.
I also complained that the workers are smoking at the staircase areas which should not be allowed because there is no air ventilation, the smoke would remain there. :doh:

jasonetee
08-03-14, 11:42
I highlighted your concern to Patrick & the security chief liao.
I also complained that the workers are smoking at the staircase areas which should not be allowed because there is no air ventilation, the smoke would remain there. :doh:

Thank you Sir! Appreciate you kindness!

jasonetee
08-03-14, 11:43

I remembered in one of the earlier posts, someone mentioned his request to put up wall lamps were approved.

mshlin
08-03-14, 15:58
I remembered in one of the earlier posts, someone mentioned his request to put up wall lamps were approved.

i saw blk 40 3rd floor installed with wall lamp.

jasonetee
08-03-14, 17:40

Saw the unit. Dual ceiling fans and the vintage wall lamps. :scared-4:

jasonetee
09-03-14, 21:28
Any one has any idea on the open net wiring? We need to extend the wiring in ourselves or get the telcos to do it?

chaoren
09-03-14, 22:09
Any one has any idea on the open net wiring? We need to extend the wiring in ourselves or get the telcos to do it?

If you don't mind non-concealed, I can recommend a friend to you. He works for contractor company which singtel engaged to do the wiring. Without going through Telco, you can save some money.

I saw him at Vacanza @ East that day and asked him come up to my unit to provide advise and his service.

But in the end, I decided to get all my wires concealed by the electrician engaged by my Interior Designer so did not use friend's service as he can only do non-concealed.

He can do for the telephone points and data points only.

My electrical work starts tomorrow morning.

I supposed I will be able to move in by end of this month instead of 8 April.

Just finished shopping for lights and fans. Left with curtains, washing machine & insect mesh not yet buy.

dvldude
09-03-14, 23:57
If you don't mind non-concealed, I can recommend a friend to you. He works for contractor company which singtel engaged to do the wiring. Without going through Telco, you can save some money.

I saw him at Vacanza @ East that day and asked him come up to my unit to provide advise and his service.

But in the end, I decided to get all my wires concealed by the electrician engaged by my Interior Designer so did not use friend's service as he can only do non-concealed.

He can do for the telephone points and data points only.

My electrical work starts tomorrow morning.

I supposed I will be able to move in by end of this month instead of 8 April.

Just finished shopping for lights and fans. Left with curtains, washing machine & insect mesh not yet buy.

I thought the box beside the opennet which stated data means it supposed to be connected through the points, but the connectivity won't be strong unless u use a router.

jasonetee
10-03-14, 00:18
I thought the box beside the opennet which stated data means it supposed to be connected through the points, but the connectivity won't be strong unless u use a router.

Went to Opennet website and read up abit. Seems like the box in our DB area is a termination point. From this termination point, telcos can then set it up. The issue is whether the connectivity will be the best from the DB box or need to run in further into the living room area or bed room areas.

V@Eowner
10-03-14, 00:45
Why not use homeplugs? These now come with electrical pass-thru so you don't 'lose' the use of the power point. No need for trunking as well.

Went to Opennet website and read up abit. Seems like the box in our DB area is a termination point. From this termination point, telcos can then set it up. The issue is whether the connectivity will be the best from the DB box or need to run in further into the living room area or bed room areas.

cdrum
10-03-14, 08:08

My unit actually has an ethernet jack in the DB box (where the opennet termination box is), and another in the living room. So we can put the fiber router, etc. in the living room - no need to add additional wiring.

Does you unit have?

and I agree with the other poster's recommendation on the Ethernet over Power solution. I've been using it for a few years now, very happy with it. Many companies make it - TP Link, D Link, etc etc etc.

jasonetee
10-03-14, 11:27
My unit actually has an ethernet jack in the DB box (where the opennet termination box is), and another in the living room. So we can put the fiber router, etc. in the living room - no need to add additional wiring.

Does you unit have?

and I agree with the other poster's recommendation on the Ethernet over Power solution. I've been using it for a few years now, very happy with it. Many companies make it - TP Link, D Link, etc etc etc.

Thanks peeps! Will look at these options too. I only have phone line jacks in the living room as well as the master bedroom. Maybe I go check again. There is no cabling from the termination box in my DB box thou.

Francis Woo
10-03-14, 12:34
No need to do any extra cabling as it's already provided for fibre.

Just get your Optical Network Terminal box and hook the fibre cable under the OpenNet box and from the latter, hook a cat 5 or 6 ethernet cable to the data point of ethernet box next to the OpenNet box. However, you will have to leave the ONT box inside your DB housing!

Next, hook a cat 5 or 6 ethernet cable to your modem/router/etc from any any data points (living room/bedroom) and you are all set to go!:cool:

dell1000
10-03-14, 12:50
I will install light next week, but the floor will be polished this week, should I postpone to polish ?

ct
10-03-14, 13:07
layman :

so i have have singtel mio home with broad band........i can get them to do the open net point link to the fibre point (prelaid) in the db.......n from any data point i can hook up my Mio box....n fibre broadband wireless router ?

Francis Woo
10-03-14, 13:47
OpenNet > optical fibre cable > Optical Network Terminal > cat 6 > data box (next to OpenNet)....inside the DB housing.

Outside at the living rom or bedroom
data box > cat 6 > wifi modem > cat 6 > MIO TV box > hdmi > AVR/TV

Note: cat 6 is the ethernet cable.
hdmi is the video/audeio cable
AVR is the audio video receiver

Hope the above is clear!:)