PDA

View Full Version : Vacanza @ East

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Akira Fudou
09-02-14, 15:28
rats problem is quite common i thought, i see them in my current hdb premises, i see them in orchards areas... basically everywhere.

gk
09-02-14, 18:13
Get those European brand like Electrolux as their dry blow can be up to 90% whereas jap/ Korean brand might be max only 75%. I m currently using one not too bad :)

Hi, CKCPA & Hosay

Thanks for your advice! Noted your recommendations!

phantom200
09-02-14, 19:51
Gas Dryer

http://www.citygas.com.sg/home-products/?cat=Drying

jess2205
09-02-14, 20:37
Can someone help confirm if the entire ceiling is false or concrete? Specifically for dining and living.

Thanks!

For my unit, 3 Bedrooms, living, dinning and balcony all concrete. False ceiling in the master bedroom door entrance, main door entrance, toilets, kitchen and yard.

cdrum
09-02-14, 21:32
For my unit, 3 Bedrooms, living, dinning and balcony all concrete. False ceiling in the master bedroom door entrance, main door entrance, toilets, kitchen and yard.

Hey, thanks very much for this! Helpful as we're starting to look at lighting.

(Hope to get my keys soon)

Hosay2014
09-02-14, 22:27
Rats problem is inevitable but the management must CONTROL it. If the growth is not stop it will go rampage! Especially this estate is near PIE where there are drainage around , if it goes unnoticed the prob would be very serious. Imagine u see them running around the plantation when ur kids is swimming? Or it approach those unfinished sandwich near the common dustbin? It will be real bad for the reputation of the project not to mention our assess value in the long run.

What my friend told me is he feedback to the security and was told that management has yet to do the final touch up. But it's pretty ironic when its already TOP and yet to do final touch up???

Anyway hopefully it's not that bad

rats problem is quite common i thought, i see them in my current hdb premises, i see them in orchards areas... basically everywhere.

chaoren
10-02-14, 10:29
Did you see the OpenNet box when you checked the house?

MyRepublic told me that they can not accept my sign-up because Vacanza@East is not fibre-ready connected yet.

I have just called in to OpenNet at 65634273 and the lady confirmed that Vacanza@East is not fibre-ready connected yet. She said that the developer did not update OpenNet that TOP has been obtained. It has nothing to do with the OpenNet box in our unit, it is something outside our units which OpenNet needs to work on physically before the condominium can be fire-ready. This will take couple months for the work to be completed.

She advised me to drop an email to OpenNet to notify that the condominium has obtained TOP on 7 January 2014 and to include a copy of BCA notice.

I have just done so and await for OpenNet's reply. :banghead:

mshlin
10-02-14, 11:08
thanks for the effort. it seems we will not have internet for some month.
if V@E is fibre only building, singtel have special offer for the existing subscriber.

MyRepublic told me that they can not accept my sign-up because Vacanza@East is not fibre-ready connected yet
I have just done so and await for OpenNet's reply. :banghead:

chaoren
10-02-14, 11:13
thanks for the effort. it seems we will not have internet for some month.
if V@E is fibre only building, singtel have special offer for the existing subscriber.

Already gotten OpenNet's reply as copied below.

"Kindly be informed that your TOP documents have been well received. Please be assured that your premise has been listed in our priority list for the fibre rollout to be expedited. Once the backend process has been completed, you will be notified by post. In the meantime, we seek your kind
understanding and patience on this matter."

10-02-14, 13:47
Hi
Can the swimming pool be used now?
Thanks

cdrum
10-02-14, 19:03

"Kindly be informed that your TOP documents have been well received. Please be assured that your premise has been listed in our priority list for the fibre rollout to be expedited. Once the backend process has been completed, you will be notified by post. In the meantime, we seek your kind

Well, I'm glad the documents were "well received". I'd hate to think about if they weren't! ;-)

Akira Fudou
10-02-14, 19:51
beside water and power, do we need to apply for gas as well?
collecting my keys on 17th feb.

Hosay2014
10-02-14, 20:15
That's bad. I m currently subscribe to m1 fibre broadband and tied to their contract. If VE is not fibre ready that means i cannot migrate my contract over! Damm it. Need to pay for nothing or terminate existing contract with huge penalty.

musras
10-02-14, 21:50
Hi, is there any type A2 (1+1) owner who has collected your keys? Is the stove using gas or electricity? Would like to know if I need to apply for gas. Thank you.

chaoren
11-02-14, 00:23
beside water and power, do we need to apply for gas as well?
collecting my keys on 17th feb.

No need if you are not testing the water heater or stove or oven. By the way you have to make appointment date & time for the joint inspection for submission of defect list as well.

I have completed checking my unit and tried to submit my defect list this morning but they says appointments fully booked for today. So I am scheduled for tomorrow.

Also, I have good news to share. The developer says they will be making improvements to the walkway from blk 44 to blk 38/36 over the next 1 to 2 months to ensure it becomes covered.

Likewhile, I am also quite disappointed with the legend o "Reading Corner" of the site plan. There are no chairs or tables there, how can it be called Reading Corner?

dell1000
11-02-14, 08:18
No need if you are not testing the water heater or stove or oven. By the way you have to make appointment date & time for the joint inspection for submission of defect list as well.

I have completed checking my unit and tried to submit my defect list this morning but they says appointments fully booked for today. So I am scheduled for tomorrow.

Also, I have good news to share. The developer says they will be making improvements to the walkway from blk 44 to blk 38/36 over the next 1 to 2 months to ensure it becomes covered.

Likewhile, I am also quite disappointed with the legend o "Reading Corner" of the site plan. There are no chairs or tables there, how can it be called Reading Corner?

Hi, thanks chaoren, the walkway news is really a huge good new. Did they say any details about the improvement?

by the way, I plan to collect keys tomorrow, also make appointment with spservice on the same day, hope everything is ok.

mshlin
11-02-14, 08:43
Pardon me for a simple question:
Is the refuse removal fee collected from individual, or for the whole condo and then distributed to individual?

jeremylbt
11-02-14, 10:02

Don't bother about the "Reading Corner". It would be too noisy to read outdoors due to the noise from the expressway. There's a air-con reading room for you to do your reading.

CKCPA
11-02-14, 10:16
Hi,

To help answer some of the earlier queries posted:

1) Pool is not ready to be used
2) The main pool is only 1.2m deep
3) Open back door ro PIE - I have asked this before, answer is no

The other questions have been answer and/or I dont know... :)

I have asked about car park lot for second car and how much to pay for an additional lot. Answer - to be determined later as currently, they have only distributed keys for close to half of the 473 units.

On defects, pls do thorough check and fill up the defects list. I think I have about 50+ defects. Use masking tape to mark defects. Go to B1 BSC to fix appt for site inspection. Only at site inspection will they go through your list and collect it. It takes about 3-4 weeks for the defects to be rectified. I would suggest that those that have collected keys to quickly do this as... the queue will get longer and longer.

Hope the above helps.

cdrum
11-02-14, 11:34
Emma returned my call today to book key collection for my Block 40 unit (batch 2). This week and next are fully booked.

Earliest I could get was Monday 24th Feb.

2 more looooong weeks to wait!!! ahem.

chaoren
11-02-14, 13:44
Emma returned my call today to book key collection for my Block 40 unit (batch 2). This week and next are fully booked.

Earliest I could get was Monday 24th Feb.

2 more looooong weeks to wait!!! ahem.

OMG that's crazy, I guess you are the last few to collect the keys. Very lugi for u as you have to pay for maintenance fees from 15th day (28 Jan) which is today. And also for property tax, everyone starts paying for it from 29 January. :scared-3:

Francis Woo
11-02-14, 15:59
At last, appointment for key collection made this coming Monday!

Looking forward to see what's inside looks like!!:cool:

cdrum
11-02-14, 16:15
OMG that's crazy, I guess you are the last few to collect the keys. Very lugi for u as you have to pay for maintenance fees from 15th day (28 Jan) which is today. And also for property tax, everyone starts paying for it from 29 January. :scared-3:

Bah humbug ;-)

dexterchua88
11-02-14, 18:32
To those who have collected your keys, please check your glass panels at your balconies. The panels in my unit are poorly jointed. They merely applied two small solderings on each panel which makes it firmsy when force is applied. The correct way should be to weld the whole panel to the glass frame. Overtime, these small soldering will break as metal will contract and expand and the frame might fall off if there's an impact on them. I am worried because I have two small kids. Have plans to install invisible grilles. And the panels and frames have signs of corrosion.

11-02-14, 19:49
Hi, is there any type A2 (1+1) owner who has collected your keys? Is the stove using gas or electricity? Would like to know if I need to apply for gas. Thank you.

Collected keys today & activated water & electricity today too. Stove is electric. Water heater uses gas.

Blacknight
11-02-14, 20:29
To those who have collected your keys, please check your glass panels at your balconies. The panels in my unit are poorly jointed. They merely applied two small solderings on each panel which makes it firmsy when force is applied. The correct way should be to weld the whole panel to the glass frame. Overtime, these small soldering will break as metal will contract and expand and the frame might fall off if there's an impact on them. I am worried because I have two small kids. Have plans to install invisible grilles. And the panels and frames have signs of corrosion.

Can you share some pictures? I thought the frame is rooted in the concrete and the glass panel is actually silicon onto the metal frame. The problem I noticed is that the metal frames are not evenly spaced on my balcony, one side is wider than the other. HBD quality.:banghead:

Hosay2014
11-02-14, 22:33
Since many of us are getting our keys, can anyone share some "door opening" ritual like throw pineapple or what must we say when we first enter the house?
Appreciate if you can be detailed like at which angle to throw or roll the pineapple or any specific direction should we perform this?

Thanks in advance!

Neekon
12-02-14, 06:13
What kind of reno are you doing that would cause you to delay turning gas on? Just curious as I believe we aren't supposed to remove any walls until after the first year?

from my experience with my current place, the gas technician will do a check on leakage when he turns on the gas.. since there are defects that I had submitted to HH. I will wait till Reno is done and let the trained eye check for leakage when everything is ready..

dell1000
12-02-14, 07:27

Hi, Dex, can you share more details like photo about the glass ? we also worried about that . Thanks.

cdrum
12-02-14, 08:47
So I have my key collection scheduled for the 24th. You think it's fine if I also get SP Services to turn everything on that same day? I want to kill 2 birds with one stone (since I have to take leave from work any way...)

mshlin
12-02-14, 10:22
I will do the same as you to turn on electricity and water on the same day. Maybe also gas.
I also take leave for the key collection. :cool:

So I have my key collection scheduled for the 24th. You think it's fine if I also get SP Services to turn everything on that same day? I want to kill 2 birds with one stone (since I have to take leave from work any way...)

mak17
12-02-14, 10:29
You need to apply gas for hot water

mak17
12-02-14, 10:34
Did you check, if there is electrical point in the bathroom cum toilet cum laundry?

Collected keys today & activated water & electricity today too. Stove is electric. Water heater uses gas.

mak17
12-02-14, 10:37
Throw and roll the pineapple in, before you and the Vacanza management lady enters the unit. Shout PING AN FA CAI

Since many of us are getting our keys, can anyone share some "door opening" ritual like throw pineapple or what must we say when we first enter the house?
Appreciate if you can be detailed like at which angle to throw or roll the pineapple or any specific direction should we perform this?

Thanks in advance!

chaoren
12-02-14, 11:57
Did you check, if there is electrical point in the bathroom cum toilet cum laundry?

mak,

This one I checked, there is no electrical point in both the toilets unless you are referring to the ceiling which was meant for lighting.

mshlin
12-02-14, 16:38
Then where to plug in the hair dryer, for example.
Another inconsiderate design. sigh!

mak,

This one I checked, there is no electrical point in both the toilets unless you are referring to the ceiling which was meant for lighting.

dexterchua88
12-02-14, 20:18
Please check your glass panels. The panels in my unit were welded/soldered as shown in the pictures. I personally don't feel secured standing near them. As metal will contract and expand, joint section will break eventually. I even gave each panel a hard bang just to make sure when doing defect checking. Had found a few wobbling. Already listed as defect and the representatives are looking into the matter. Don't want to deal with falling panels in the future. I have two small kids and I am really worried.

http://s26.postimg.org/vzr4jiz39/DSC_0537.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/vzr4jiz39/)

http://s26.postimg.org/50n9odcmd/DSC_0539.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/50n9odcmd/)

Hosay2014
12-02-14, 22:22
Thanks for the advice! Huat ah!

Throw and roll the pineapple in, before you and the Vacanza management lady enters the unit. Shout PING AN FA CAI

chaoren
13-02-14, 00:10
Then where to plug in the hair dryer, for example.
Another inconsiderate design. sigh!

I think it is very common that toilets do not have wall sockets. Even HDB toilets which have been upgraded by HDB, do not have it. There must be a reason for that, for example due to safety.

I for one, will not want socket in the bathroom. Imagine if the maid or cleaner wash the toilet and accidentally splash water into it or if small kids play with it while bathing in the toilet? It can kill them!

You can wipe your hair using a towel then go to other parts of the house to use your hair dryer. If you insist to add power point, you can get your contractor or interior designer to do it.

In fact, their toilet impressed me more than any other part of the home. I like the tiles. There is also a rack to hang your towel, cabinet mirror as well as shelves in both cubicle and basin areas to put your soap, shampoo, etc.

cvincent
13-02-14, 09:12
I will do the same as you to turn on electricity and water on the same day. Maybe also gas.

kool will do the same, key on the 26th Feb for blk 40 here.

musras
13-02-14, 14:03

Thank you my neighbours for all your tips and advice! My key collection is tomorrow and coincidentally SP gave me water and electricity turn-on appointment an hour after the key collection. Nice timing...

See you all at VE soon! I'm at Blk 36 :)

dell1000
13-02-14, 15:15
Yesterday got key and turn on water and electricity.
have no time for defect checking, will do it on weekend.
today received vacanza user manual from management office.

For the first impression:
1. All the cover for the walkway ,bus stop, BBQ area and some other parts not finished. As chaoren said, the management office told us the cover for walkway will finished in next 2 months. But not sure whether including other parts cover such as bus stop and BBQ area.
2. Management office said the main gate barrier cannot be built due to the rejection from LTA, when I ask what is the substitute plan, and how it can happen , their answer is no idea.
3. The function room I, II not open yet, there is nothing except chair and table. I guess other furnitures not ready yet, at least there should be sofa and TV.
4. Shuttle bus arrive in vacanza on time, it took me 4 mins from vacanza to mrt.
5. No matter renovation or move in/out, should deposit 1000 first, not sure whether it is a common rule.

chaoren
13-02-14, 17:08
Yesterday got key and turn on water and electricity.
have no time for defect checking, will do it on weekend.
today received vacanza user manual from management office.

For the first impression:
1. All the cover for the walkway ,bus stop, BBQ area and some other parts not finished. As chaoren said, the management office told us the cover for walkway will finished in next 2 months. But not sure whether including other parts cover such as bus stop and BBQ area.
2. Management office said the main gate barrier cannot be built due to the rejection from LTA, when I ask what is the substitute plan, and how it can happen , their answer is no idea.
3. The function room I, II not open yet, there is nothing except chair and table. I guess other furnitures not ready yet, at least there should be sofa and TV.
4. Shuttle bus arrive in vacanza on time, it took me 4 mins from vacanza to mrt.
5. No matter renovation or move in/out, should deposit 1000 first, not sure whether it is a common rule.

Cool, so when do you intend to move in? Already decided on your carpenter / interior designer? Our neighbour same block told me they are moving in by end of February 2014. :scared-5:

I spent the last few days comparing carpenters & IDs and will make decision by this weekend.:o

I didn't ask about the cover for BBQ or Bus-stop, I would think if it rains, BBQ session will be cancelled. We can ask for cover for the bus-stop but they may or may not listen to us as there is no bus-stop in the waiting area for the model in their showroom.

There are already sofa, chairs & tables in study room, recreation room, karaoke room & theatre room.

Somehow I am not satisfied with theatre room, I thought it should be a big screen like cinema type but it looks similar to the karaoke room.

cvincent
13-02-14, 17:36
[QUOTE=chaoren;462638]Cool, so when do you intend to move in? Already decided on your carpenter / interior designer? Our neighbour same block told me they are moving in by end of February 2014. :scared-5:

mayb they got an auspicious date???

Anyway a noob question: i applied online at the sg power website...the form mentioned to call another number for city gas, although the application form is for gas, water and electricity.

do i need to call 1800 555 1661 after i filed the form? :ashamed1:

mshlin
13-02-14, 18:16
No, you should call city gas only after you get the confirmation from sp service via email or sms- you will have your account created. Then city gas will have your record.

[QUOTE=chaoren;462638]Cool, so when do you intend to move in? Already decided on your carpenter / interior designer? Our neighbour same block told me they are moving in by end of February 2014. :scared-5:

Anyway a noob question: i applied online at the sg power website...the form mentioned to call another number for city gas, although the application form is for gas, water and electricity.

cvincent
13-02-14, 18:40
[QUOTE=mshlin;462647]No, you should call city gas only after you get the confirmation from sp service via email or sms- you will have your account created. Then city gas will have your record.

thanks mshlin! gotcha :cheers1:

Draven005
14-02-14, 06:19
Yesterday I drove past vacanza via PIE; surprised to see block 48 mid floor unit got one family moved in already. Got lights in living room and plants in balcony. Come, I clap for you! Vacanza resident number One!

mshlin
14-02-14, 07:55
I also passed by V in the afternoon and only see one unit with 2 chairs at the balcony. But I have to wait until the coming Tuesday to collect key.:banghead:

I intend to install the lightings only, not to do renovation. Do I need to get an ID? or the supplier can help to fix? curtain fixtures also.
can any1 give some advice?:cool:

Yesterday I drove past vacanza via PIE; surprised to see block 48 mid floor unit got one family moved in already. Got lights in living room and plants in balcony. Come, I clap for you! Vacanza resident number one!

chaoren
14-02-14, 08:07
I also passed by V in the afternoon and only see one unit with 2 chairs at the balcony. But I have to wait until the coming Tuesday to collect key.:banghead:

I intend to install the lightings only, not to do renovation. Do I need to get an ID? or the supplier can help to fix? curtain fixtures also.

You can install your lightning on your own.
I installed mind on my own few days ago before the developer started to fix the large number of defects found. Hopefully no need to wait too long so my ID can start work!

If you engage an electrician, you need to apply for permission from management before you can do it.

Newbie234
14-02-14, 08:53
You can install your lightning on your own.
I installed mind on my own few days ago before the developer started to fix the large number of defects found. Hopefully no need to wait too long so my ID can start work!

If you engage an electrician, you need to apply for permission from management before you can do it.

Same here, I'll only do up lighting and curtains, not much carpentry work. I've check out a few lighting shops along Balestia road, they do provide installation, quotes are similiar, 1st light S$40, subsequent S$8 or S$9 per light.

Spoke to one of the shop, they have just done up 1 unit in VE earlier this week.

dell1000
14-02-14, 09:01
Same here, I'll only do up lighting and curtains, not much carpentry work. I've check out a few lighting shops along Balestia road, they do provide installation, quotes are similiar, 1st light S$40, subsequent S$8 or S$9 per light.

Spoke to one of the shop, they have just done up 1 unit in VE earlier this week.

I also only do lighting and curtains, but I have bought lighting already.
Can we find someone can do it all ?
For one unit, it is a small project, however if more units do at the same time, it will be a big project.

CKCPA
14-02-14, 13:32
Hi,

As my kitchen space is so small and there is no yard, I am thinking of installing a laundry pulley system (this may also not be possible as the window to the air con ledge is so small). Any one has any advice on this?

Was initially thinking of getting a washer dryer combo but almost everybody told me even with dryer, it is just 90% and some hanging still needs to be done...

mshlin
14-02-14, 13:55
maybe you can consider those cloth hanger, standing on the floor, with two extended arms. and it could be placed at the balcony.

for washer cum dryer one, usually dryer load is less than washer. for example, you can get a 8kg washer but 4 kg dryer. so after washing, you have to separate the clothes for drying 2 times.

Hi,

As my kitchen space is so small and there is no yard, I am thinking of installing a laundry pulley system (this may also not be possible as the window to the air con ledge is so small). Any one has any advice on this?

Was initially thinking of getting a washer dryer combo but almost everybody told me even with dryer, it is just 90% and some hanging still needs to be done...

CKCPA
14-02-14, 14:20
Thanks mshlin. Can we hang/dry clothes at the balcony? Was told it's usually not permitted in condo...

maybe you can consider those cloth hanger, standing on the floor, with two extended arms. and it could be placed at the balcony.

for washer cum dryer one, usually dryer load is less than washer. for example, you can get a 8kg washer but 4 kg dryer. so after washing, you have to separate the clothes for drying 2 times.

14-02-14, 14:28
I also only do lighting and curtains, but I have bought lighting already.
Can we find someone can do it all ?
For one unit, it is a small project, however if more units do at the same time, it will be a big project.

I'm interested, let me know. Thanks.

Astreal16
14-02-14, 16:14

You don't need an ID unless you want your place to have a certain theme or if it's a small place and you need help to make it more space efficient.

If it's just lighting, you can DIY or get an electrician to do it for you. Usually electrician comes into play when you want to re-wire your lighting points or add more lighting points.

Curtains you need to get the shop to go down and quote as every development has different specifications like height, width, etc.

chaoren
14-02-14, 16:31
Thanks mshlin. Can we hang/dry clothes at the balcony? Was told it's usually not permitted in condo...

Nothing is mentioned in the 'Residents Handbook' about not allowed to hang clothes in the balcony.
So why not?

I am even thinking to hang my clothes along the aircon ledge. :cheers1:

CKCPA
14-02-14, 17:35
Come to think of it, you are right. There is no mention of that in the handbook. Thanks.

Nothing is mentioned in the 'Residents Handbook' about not allowed to hang clothes in the balcony.
So why not?

CKCPA
14-02-14, 17:40
Astreal16 is right about the curtains. Based on verbal specs and type of materials (blackout/dimout/day/night curtain materials) given to suppliers, I have received quotation ranging from 1,200 - 1,800. But, the price will differ based on the design and material you eventually chose. So, still need to make a trip to choose the material and still need to ask the supplier to go to your place and do the exact dimension.

I have chosen and paid 50% but have arranged installation at a much later date after all defects and reno been done. If anyone is interested, I am using Art Living. They are located at The Furniture Mall.

You don't need an ID unless you want your place to have a certain theme or if it's a small place and you need help to make it more space efficient.

If it's just lighting, you can DIY or get an electrician to do it for you. Usually electrician comes into play when you want to re-wire your lighting points or add more lighting points.

Curtains you need to get the shop to go down and quote as every development has different specifications like height, width, etc.

teobryan
14-02-14, 17:42
So why not?

Yes, air con ledge is an alternative, but you will need to be extra careful due to the small access thru the kitchen window. I do see a lot of laundry being hang dry at other condos. Thinks it's ok. So just do it....

chaoren
14-02-14, 17:52
Hi,

To help answer some of the earlier queries posted:

1) Pool is not ready to be used
2) The main pool is only 1.2m deep
3) Open back door ro PIE - I have asked this before, answer is no

The other questions have been answer and/or I dont know... :)

I have asked about car park lot for second car and how much to pay for an additional lot. Answer - to be determined later as currently, they have only distributed keys for close to half of the 473 units.

On defects, pls do thorough check and fill up the defects list. I think I have about 50+ defects. Use masking tape to mark defects. Go to B1 BSC to fix appt for site inspection. Only at site inspection will they go through your list and collect it. It takes about 3-4 weeks for the defects to be rectified. I would suggest that those that have collected keys to quickly do this as... the queue will get longer and longer.

Hope the above helps.

What is the use of submitting defects list early?
They do not start work based on 1st come 1st served basis.

On 10 February (Monday) afternoon 2pm, I want to submit the defect list, but was told next available appointment is Tuesday morning.

So on 11 February (Tuesday) morning 10:30am joint inspection and submission of defect list and was told they will begin work 2 days later.

However, 4 working days are gone but nothing has not started for my unit. My neighbour submitted 1 day after me, already got their unit repainted.

CKCPA
14-02-14, 18:07
It's a "heng suay" situation. The guy who did the site inspection told me they advised all tenants 3 - 4 weeks as it's highly dependent on availability of contractors... I have quite major defects at balcony so, I dont mind they take their time to fix it properly for me.

Also, I think many units at Blk 50 got no water.... kek sim...

What is the use of submitting defects list early?
They do not start work based on 1st come 1st served basis.

On 10 February (Monday) afternoon 2pm, I want to submit the defect list, but was told next available appointment is Tuesday morning.

So on 11 February (Tuesday) morning 10:30am joint inspection and submission of defect list and was told they will begin work 2 days later.

However, 4 working days are gone but nothing has not started for my unit. My neighbour submitted 1 day after me, already got their unit repainted.

1969Mani
14-02-14, 20:41
Just got the keys today for my unit Blk 38. Generally ok with the quality of works except for the following:
a. fridge space - don't know why HH expects owners to make do with small sized fridge
b. tile works at the balcony area are questionable. Holes meant for draining of water not done properly
c. gondola bracket support holes/covers are an eyesore

Anyone has pictures of the sliding door to the kitchen in the show flat? I remembered that to be top rail hung only without any guides drilled to the floor at the bottom....and sliding door looks different as well.

Will continue to hunt for defects over the weekend.

mshlin
14-02-14, 20:53
Hi Astreal16, which email did you use to request the soft copy?
I emailed to [email protected] which I saw in one of the posters here but still no reply after one week. :(

Really? I just emailed them and they sent me the soft copy....

Thanks for trying! Though I think they'll probably judt provide some standard reply :doh:
Maybe should threaten them to say we going to write to the press for them to honor n action what we see is what we get lol :cheers5:

chaoren
14-02-14, 23:01
Pardon me for a simple question:
Is the refuse removal fee collected from individual, or for the whole condo and then distributed to individual?

I just received my SP Services bill dated 13 February 2014.
They did not charge anything for the refuse removal at all.

The deposit is $250 :scared-5:

dydxdydx
14-02-14, 23:13

@chaoren - The deposit is $150 if monthly payment is through GIRO. I'm not sure if we can request refund of $100 if we submit the GIRO form now.

@mshlin - I wrote to [email protected] for a copy of the floor plan. Received the document within a few days.

Draven005
14-02-14, 23:33
Hi Mani,

I assume that you bought a penthouse as the gondola bracket support only visible on penthouse balcony. Agree that the brackets are ugly and also potential mozzie breeding area but I guess no choice since it is essential part of building maintenance.

Cheers

Just got the keys today for my unit Blk 38. Generally ok with the quality of works except for the following:
a. fridge space - don't know why HH expects owners to make do with small sized fridge
b. tile works at the balcony area are questionable. Holes meant for draining of water not done properly
c. gondola bracket support holes/covers are an eyesore

Anyone has pictures of the sliding door to the kitchen in the show flat? I remembered that to be top rail hung only without any guides drilled to the floor at the bottom....and sliding door looks different as well.

Will continue to hunt for defects over the weekend.

mshlin
15-02-14, 07:38
Maybe this first bill is only for the deposit. Any charge for the water or electricity consumed?
Didn't you notice that the deposit is written on the form?

And there is a $40 for gas turn on fee, and $30 if you want to turn gas off. :mad: What kind of logic here? No fee for water and electricity turn on.

chaoren
15-02-14, 09:35
Maybe this first bill is only for the deposit. Any charge for the water or electricity consumed?

And there is a $40 for gas turn on fee, and $30 if you want to turn gas off. :mad: What kind of logic here? No fee for water and electricity turn on.

Yes there is $1.26 charge for electricity & $1.40 for water plus water conservation tax and GST. I already started using them to test the defects.

Akira Fudou
15-02-14, 10:11

I went to City gas to apply for gas but the counter staff told me there is no record of gas supply at the development so i cannot apply :beats-me-man:

mshlin
15-02-14, 10:23
So weird! Then how to use the water heater? Or also electrical water heater in your unit?
Have you apply to SP Service for water and electricity? You must apply first and get the account number so that you can call city gas.

I went to City gas to apply for gas but the counter staff told me there is no record of gas supply at the development so i cannot apply :beats-me-man:

jeremylbt
15-02-14, 10:34

It's total crap!

I already started using e stove in my unit.

Astreal16
15-02-14, 11:10
Hi Astreal16, which email did you use to request the soft copy?
I emailed to [email protected] which I saw in one of the posters here but still no reply after one week. :(

Yes, that's the same email add I used too, but that was back in January. I emailed them again in feb with regards to other questions and didn't receive a reply on that since.

I haven't collected my keys but it would be in the starter pack too right? Have u gotten yours?

ecimbew
15-02-14, 11:43
Why dont you guys consider Whatsapp? You guys can discuss defects privately. Defects are very common for newly built homes.

Francis Woo
15-02-14, 12:35
Well, I will be collecting the key this coming Monday at 4pm. A housing agent friend is coming along to do defects checking and listing at the same time. Hope there are little defects so that rectification work can be done quickly!!

I will post pictures accordingly!

Draven005
15-02-14, 17:47
Today I switched on water/electricity/gas in order to test all the appliances. All working except my gas water heater. :doh::banghead:

Went down to repair hub at b1 and made an appointment to view defects next Tuesday. :rolleyes:

Well, I will be collecting the key this coming Monday at 4pm. A housing agent friend is coming along to do defects checking and listing at the same time. Hope there are little defects so that rectification work can be done quickly!!

I will post pictures accordingly!

dell1000
16-02-14, 09:18
Yesterday check the defect, actually not much major issue found, the major one is the balcony wall, dirty and rough. And another point is the balcony glass frame is soldering, looks not so firm.
Today will double check, anyone will be in vacanza for checking,especially in blk 38, maybe we can share our ideas .

Francis Woo
16-02-14, 09:55
I m from Blk 38 and will only be checking tomorrow around 4 pm. Hope minor defects like you pointed out:o

Hosay2014
16-02-14, 10:08
Hi, hope someone can enlighten me if i can take the key and don't open the door as i m looking for an auspicious date to "open" the door.

What is the objective of the hh personnel to enter the apt with the owner when we open the door?

chaoren
16-02-14, 10:17
Yesterday check the defect, actually not much major issue found, the major one is the balcony wall, dirty and rough. And another point is the balcony glass frame is soldering, looks not so firm.
Today will double check, anyone will be in vacanza for checking,especially in blk 38, maybe we can share our ideas .

Does your unit interior doors (bedrooms/toilets) have the metal strips just like the main door on the surface?

Just checking because if its just me, then it is considered a defect. If it is same for everyone, means its the design issue.

I have asked my retired parent to help me go down every working day to check on the defects touched up by the contractor's workers. It seems they may not know where's the defect if we have too many defect reports.

I have reported so far 22 defects.

Francis Woo
16-02-14, 10:19
Think standard procedure for the HH rep who will accompany the owner to the home to highlight the items provided!

Actually, consulting the Almanac for auspicious day is for the actual moving in to stay proper!:o

Francis Woo
16-02-14, 10:25
The metal strip is standard and meant for a division marker between marble/ceramic and the parquet strip floorings. Commonly found in areas between living and bathrooms/bedrooms. ;)

Komo
16-02-14, 10:26
Does your unit interior doors (bedrooms/toilets) have the metal strips just like the main door on the surface?

Just checking because if its just me, then it is considered a defect. If it is same for everyone, means its the design issue.

I have asked my retired parent to help me go down every working day to check on the defects touched up by the contractor's workers. It seems they may not know where's the defect if we have too many defect reports.

draw diagrams, use masking tape, give coordinates if it's tiles (eg if floor tile start counting the upper left corner facing the balcony as 1, 2, 3... then to the next row and so on .. :) no need to save

Newbie234
16-02-14, 10:28

Metal strips only found on the main door and not the rest. Is that the same for all?

chaoren
16-02-14, 10:32
Btw, check your door frame if same defect as mind, they didn't polish the center stretch of door side casing (where the door knot's face plate touches the door casing/frame) whole stretch top of door frame to bottom of door frame.

Francis Woo
16-02-14, 10:32
Metal strips only found on the main door and not the rest. Is that the same for all?

Then it is a design flaw and can be considered defects if the other areas do not have these matter strips! I wud certainly itemise this under the defect list.:tsk-tsk:

Francis Woo
16-02-14, 10:42
Btw, check your door frame if same defect as mind, they didn't polish the center stretch of door side casing (where the door knot's face plate touches the door casing/frame) whole stretch top of door frame to bottom of door frame.

Normally, they will only sand and vanish to matte finish! If it's not, then it's a defect!:tsk-tsk:

chaoren
16-02-14, 10:45
draw diagrams, use masking tape, give coordinates if it's tiles (eg if floor tile start counting the upper left corner facing the balcony as 1, 2, 3... then to the next row and so on .. :) no need to save

I did. But some places are either too high or too low or well-hidden by other structures/parts, and the workers are too lazy to find where are the masking tapes hidden.

I even wrote on the masking tapes whats the problem and draw arrows.

Example, look underneath your cupboards/cabinets you can see they did not cover up the whole stretch of holes, so in time, the pests and lizards will make their homes and hide in your kitchen. You have to put your whole head leaning against the floor to see it.

1969Mani
16-02-14, 11:04

I did ask the HH/main contractor rep on the missing metal strips on the interior doors on the day of key collection. They mentioned that such strips are not provided for interior doors. Looks odd without the strips .

dell1000
16-02-14, 12:10
The switch near the citygas control panel in the living room
cannot turn on, is that a common issue? (gas not turn on )

Francis Woo
16-02-14, 12:50
I did ask the HH/main contractor rep on the missing metal strips on the interior doors on the day of key collection. They mentioned that such strips are not provided for interior doors. Looks odd without the strips .

In that case, we shud all petition for these metal strips be inserted between the bedrooms' parquet and the living room marble/homogenous floorings!:(

dell1000
16-02-14, 13:05

Also there is big gap in the main gate and the balcony glass door.

chaoren
16-02-14, 15:26

I did not turn on gas but the control panel has light up, I can control the temperature just that it is not functioning till I turn on the gas later.

chaoren
16-02-14, 15:28
Also there is big gap in the main gate and the balcony glass door.

What gap? Don't understand. :scared-3:
Take photo easier to understand.

SGK73
16-02-14, 19:59
Any ID to recommend?

musras
16-02-14, 23:05
I did my defects list today.. so far there are 35 on the list. I even found a rusty pen knife. Really disappointed with the low quality work done. I only had 1 item on my defect list at my previous home.

And have you all seen the gates at the lift lobby? I feel like I'm in a prison. At my previous home the lift lobby has a glass door, beautiful marble flooring and even has aircon. Just what is wrong with Hoi Hup..?

Akira Fudou
17-02-14, 08:22
collecting my key later at 2pm. and im just looking at thet shuttle bus agreement form. So what happened to the initial promise of free shuttle bus for the 1st year? by signing this agreement, they have the right to cease the bus operation at any time. WTH

dell1000
17-02-14, 09:25
What gap? Don't understand. :scared-3:
Take photo easier to understand.
picture 1 from main door,
picture 2 from the door in balcony.

dell1000
17-02-14, 09:33
I did my defects list today.. so far there are 35 on the list. I even found a rusty pen knife. Really disappointed with the low quality work done. I only had 1 item on my defect list at my previous home.

And have you all seen the gates at the lift lobby? I feel like I'm in a prison. At my previous home the lift lobby has a glass door, beautiful marble flooring and even has aircon. Just what is wrong with Hoi Hup..?

Hi, musras, can you share some defects you found, maybe it also exist in other units.
so far, I found 18, and some defects I think they will reject like the door metal strip.

dell1000
17-02-14, 09:36
I did not turn on gas but the control panel has light up, I can control the temperature just that it is not functioning till I turn on the gas later.
Oh, then it must be a defect. I also found some other switch cannot turn on , like the switch near the door bell.

teobryan
17-02-14, 09:46

This is unacceptable to me too......... HH is too much!!!

I am from Blk 38, and collecting my keys on this Thur, 20 Feb.

Good luck to all!!! See you all soon...........

musras
17-02-14, 09:55

Shoddy work! I also feel that they use old materials... the rubber seal at my balcony door is torn.. and the joints on the door are not level and someone has tried using plaster to conceal it. Even the keyhold at my wardrobe drawer has rusted. There is a dent on the wooden floor in the master bedroom.. again, someone tried to conceal it with something that looks like a brown paint. And they didn't measure the skirting properly before fixing it that they have to use a small piece at the end to cover the gap. The wire for my cooker hod is not fixed. And the microwave oven they gave cannot fit its compartment at the kitchen cabinet (but HH staff said they're doing something about it)... Gosh, I can go on and on about this.. My dear neighbours, please give your unit a thorough check.

CKCPA
17-02-14, 10:06
Yup... with my friends' help, over 50 defects were found in my unit. I am submitting defect list 2 soon. I am pretty sure I need 2 rounds of defects rectification. Not happy about the delay but I want to make sure HH do a complete and thorough rectification before my reno/move in.

Shoddy work! I also feel that they use old materials... the rubber seal at my balcony door is torn.. and the joints on the door are not level and someone has tried using plaster to conceal it. Even the keyhold at my wardrobe drawer has rusted. There is a dent on the wooden floor in the master bedroom.. again, someone tried to conceal it with something that looks like a brown paint. And they didn't measure the skirting properly before fixing it that they have to use a small piece at the end to cover the gap. The wire for my cooker hod is not fixed. And the microwave oven they gave cannot fit its compartment at the kitchen cabinet (but HH staff said they're doing something about it)... Gosh, I can go on and on about this.. My dear neighbours, please give your unit a thorough check.

CKCPA
17-02-14, 10:07
Good grief!

Francis Woo
17-02-14, 10:37
Hmmmh, 50 and over defects!:doh:

Let's see how many I can detect today!:rolleyes:

CKCPA
17-02-14, 10:56
Maybe I am too "im-jhim" (too picky...)

Hmmmh, 50 and over defects!:doh:

Let's see how many I can detect today!:rolleyes:

bclm
17-02-14, 12:18
Any kind soul who had collected their keys for Type C1, C2 or C3 (non Penthouse) can advise the dimension of the space for fridge? Any problem of fixing one with 79cm width and 72cm depth?

Thank in advance.

Newbie234
17-02-14, 12:19
Oh, then it must be a defect. I also found some other switch cannot turn on , like the switch near the door bell.

I raised the switch indicator light as a defect, according to HH, the switch near the maindoor and walkway to rooms are 2-way switch and for these 2 switches, the indicator is not meant to be lighted up.

cvincent
17-02-14, 12:19
Maybe I am too "im-jhim" (too picky...)

oh dear, hope they will do something about it, you all already gave me an idea of the troubles to expect when i check defects after key collection next week - headache :doh:

dell1000
17-02-14, 14:20
Can we only email them the defect list or must go down?
if must go down, need to take leave again.

musras
17-02-14, 14:25
Can we only email them the defect list or must go down?
if must go down, need to take leave again.

Have to go to their office to give the form and surrender your key so that they can do rectification works.

Newbie234
17-02-14, 15:14
Have to go to their office to give the form and surrender your key so that they can do rectification works.

yes... they will go through the defect list with you in your unit in person to clarify, so you have to make appointment with them in advance, depending on your blk, the contact person will be different.

Sharky
17-02-14, 15:38
Anyone having this problem?
Drainage holes for toilets and kitchen.
Plastic holder meant to block cockroaches is preventing the stainless steel covers from closing fully.
If this is not normal, how did HH rectify this defect?

dell1000
17-02-14, 15:41
Anyone having this problem?
Drainage holes for toilets and kitchen.
Plastic holder meant to block cockroaches is preventing the stainless steel covers from closing fully.
If this is not normal, how did HH rectify this defect?

Not sure which holder, can you upload a pic for understanding ?

dell1000
17-02-14, 15:42
yes... they will go through the defect list with you in your unit in person to clarify, so you have to make appointment with them in advance, depending on your blk, the contact person will be different.
Thanks guys, looks it is a quite time consuming work...

kelxz
17-02-14, 17:31
I like to clarify...,

1. Does the gas control panel really work with display before the gas is connected? I had dismissed this as I thought it will only work after gas is connected.

2. Does the doorbell work or am I supposed to install my own doorbell n they provide the outside switch only?

ecimbew
17-02-14, 18:53

This looks like poor workmanship. If they offer to use sealant to cover the gaps, don't take the offer. Sealants will harden and crack over time.

17-02-14, 19:52
Originally Posted by Newbie234

Same for mine ... metal strips are found only on the main door and I'm just wondering why are the strips missing on the other doors in the unit.

Francis Woo
17-02-14, 20:20
Got the key around 4pm and started my first inspection round. Generally, very minor defects found inside the kitchen, bathrooms, living room and bedrooms.
Most of the defects, also not really serious but need rectifications are the 3 balcony (mine is on the ground floor with PES) sliding doors. BTW, the ceiling is 3.5M in height, high but you can't do a loft as it will be against the building regulation!!:(
Some of the defects on the sliding doors -
Gaps and cracks along the edges and both ends of the doors. Poor filler work on gaps between tiles.http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm144/franciswookimleong/DSC01255_zps321e9432.jpghttp://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm144/franciswookimleong/DSC01257_zps84eea358.jpg
Dents on the sliding door threads and slightly out of alignment..http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm144/franciswookimleong/DSC01260_zpsc2056a2a.jpg
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm144/franciswookimleong/DSC01258_zps8f30a721.jpghttp://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm144/franciswookimleong/DSC01282_zps217dc035.jpg
The balcony barriers have some defects as well. General the joints top and bottom are badly done with rust stains around it. The rubber gussets lining are too broad and out of shape. Gaps between tiles on the skirtings are found.http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm144/franciswookimleong/DSC01280_zps8c8e0905.jpghttp://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm144/franciswookimleong/DSC01265_zps1f0d4952.jpghttp://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm144/franciswookimleong/DSC01275_zps9ac0fa33.jpghttp://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm144/franciswookimleong/DSC01279_zpsc6886142.jpg
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm144/franciswookimleong/DSC01268_zps21af926d.jpg
The living room homogenous tiles are okay, so as the bedrooms wood parquets. The metal strip at the door of the 2nd room was perfectly done....http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm144/franciswookimleong/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG20140217172439_zpskmrz4wmw.jpg
but the ones between master bedroom/toilet and living room are done badly, the surface not in alignment and the fillers not even out...http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm144/franciswookimleong/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG20140217172456_zpsy0vfmihb.jpghttp://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm144/franciswookimleong/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG20140217172404_zpsfetfklw9.jpg

Stay tuned for part 2 tomorrow on the toilets and kitchen!:rolleyes:

Draven005
17-02-14, 20:54
Anybody here notified/requested Hoi Hup to rectify the defect AFTER renovation ? My contractor advised me to submit defect list first but ask for rectification later.

Blacknight
17-02-14, 20:57
I am so blessed, only less than 10 major defects. Minor ones I can close one eye because materials will never have perfect fit, definitely a few mm of fillers and slightly uneven surfaces are acceptable.

Francis Woo
17-02-14, 21:14
Anybody here notified/requested Hoi Hup to rectify the defect AFTER renovation ? My contractor advised me to submit defect list first but ask for rectification later.

Afraid no developers will agree to that!:tsk-tsk:

Francis Woo
17-02-14, 21:19
I am so blessed, only less than 10 major defects. Minor ones I can close one eye because materials will never have perfect fit, definitely a few mm of fillers and slightly uneven surfaces are acceptable.

What are your less than 10 major defects may I ask?:confused:

musras
17-02-14, 21:21
Originally Posted by Newbie234

Same for mine ... metal strips are found only on the main door and I'm just wondering why are the strips missing on the other doors in the unit.

There are metal strips on the door of bedroom and study room as well.

Francis Woo
17-02-14, 21:45
Position of the fridge space and measurement of my 2 bedroom unit.
Depth 59cm
Width 77cm
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm144/franciswookimleong/DSC01293_zps9b8223f7.jpg
Same side of where the fridge a counter cabinet in between is the washing machine space and measurement -
Depth 71cm - 14cm for the drainage pipe (inside)= 57cm
Width 77cm - 9cm for the drainage pipe (inside) = 68cm
Height 95 cm
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm144/franciswookimleong/DSC01294_zps4f183a41.jpg (http://s295.photobucket.com/user/franciswookimleong/media/DSC01294_zps4f183a41.jpg.html)

ecimbew
17-02-14, 22:22
http://www.stproperty.sg/articles-property/singapore-property-news/the-peak-residents-see-red-over-defects/a/100188

hoi hup seems to have problems with quality

teobryan
17-02-14, 22:25
Depth 59cm
Width 77cm
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm144/franciswookimleong/DSC01293_zps9b8223f7.jpg
Same side of where the fridge a counter cabinet in between is the washing machine space and measurement -
Height 95 cm
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm144/franciswookimleong/DSC01294_zps4f183a41.jpg (http://s295.photobucket.com/user/franciswookimleong/media/DSC01294_zps4f183a41.jpg.html)

Thanks Francis! Assume yours is type B4, 840sqft?
Those 2 spaces are really small!!! : (

Blacknight
17-02-14, 22:40
What are your less than 10 major defects may I ask?:confused:

One chipped tile at entrance, one chipped wardrobe door, unmarked intercom set, etc. but the most serious one is they use rubber silicon on my stair way, coloured paint will not be absorbed. Hope my painters could do wonders.

Already renovating my unit, defects are still honoured by developer and they will be rectifying.

Hosay2014
17-02-14, 23:03
Francis, pls keep your updates coming! I m also on ground floor and getting my key tomorrow. Pretty devastated now after seeing your posting. At least i can lookout for those defects u mentioned. Since hh is doing such a bad job we got to be united and keep a lookout for one another!

Thanks!!

Got the key around 4pm and started my first inspection round. Generally, very minor defects found inside the kitchen, bathrooms, living room and bedrooms.
Most of the defects, also not really serious but need rectifications are the 3 balcony (mine is on the ground floor with PES) sliding doors. BTW, the ceiling is 3.5M in height, high but you can't do a loft as it will be against the building regulation!!:(
Some of the defects on the sliding doors -
Gaps and cracks along the edges and both ends of the doors. Poor filler work on gaps between tiles.http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm144/franciswookimleong/DSC01255_zps321e9432.jpghttp://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm144/franciswookimleong/DSC01257_zps84eea358.jpg
Dents on the sliding door threads and slightly out of alignment..http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm144/franciswookimleong/DSC01260_zpsc2056a2a.jpg
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm144/franciswookimleong/DSC01258_zps8f30a721.jpghttp://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm144/franciswookimleong/DSC01282_zps217dc035.jpg
The balcony barriers have some defects as well. General the joints top and bottom are badly done with rust stains around it. The rubber gussets lining are too broad and out of shape. Gaps between tiles on the skirtings are found.http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm144/franciswookimleong/DSC01280_zps8c8e0905.jpghttp://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm144/franciswookimleong/DSC01265_zps1f0d4952.jpghttp://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm144/franciswookimleong/DSC01275_zps9ac0fa33.jpghttp://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm144/franciswookimleong/DSC01279_zpsc6886142.jpg
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm144/franciswookimleong/DSC01268_zps21af926d.jpg
The living room homogenous tiles are okay, so as the bedrooms wood parquets. The metal strip at the door of the 2nd room was perfectly done....http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm144/franciswookimleong/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG20140217172439_zpskmrz4wmw.jpg
but the ones between master bedroom/toilet and living room are done badly, the surface not in alignment and the fillers not even out...http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm144/franciswookimleong/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG20140217172456_zpsy0vfmihb.jpghttp://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm144/franciswookimleong/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG20140217172404_zpsfetfklw9.jpg

Stay tuned for part 2 tomorrow on the toilets and kitchen!:rolleyes:

ebullent
17-02-14, 23:24
dont know if you guys check below the kitchen cabinet..this is what i saw. Is it normal ?:confused:

http://i57.tinypic.com/25teo04.jpg

http://i58.tinypic.com/24y8f7k.jpg

chaoren
18-02-14, 03:02
Depth 59cm
Width 77cm

Did any of you measure the length (or do you call it width) of your kitchen door entrance and main door entrance?

Not sure if its same for everyone. My kitchen door entrance is 78cm only, while main door entrance is 87cm. Is it same for all 1-4 bedder's kitchen door entrance?

So even if your fridge width is not 77cm but 87cm, also no use of buying a larger fridge of 85cm as your kitchen door is too narrow (78cm) to move the fridge into the kitchen!

chaoren
18-02-14, 03:17
dont know if you guys check below the kitchen cabinet..this is what i saw. Is it normal ?:confused:

Nope it is not normal. I too have the same defect as yours. I reported it as a defect 7 days ago, they have started to touch up those gaps 3 days ago, not yet complete.

I think there is another part which many (90%) of you may have failed checking!

Open up your drainage cover in all your toilets (next to wash basin). There should be a white funnel fit into the hole. 1 of my toilet's drainage did not have it, they hide it behind the toilet bowl. I just found it today and try to put it back into the drainage hole but it can not fit in because of the harden cement at the upper part of the drainage hole.

This brings my list to 22 defects today.

dell1000
18-02-14, 07:33
http://www.stproperty.sg/articles-property/singapore-property-news/the-peak-residents-see-red-over-defects/a/100188

oh, looks hoi hup quality control got some problems.

Francis Woo
18-02-14, 09:48
Did any of you measure the length (or do you call it width) of your kitchen door entrance and main door entrance?

Not sure if its same for everyone. My kitchen door entrance is 78cm only, while main door entrance is 87cm. Is it same for all 1-4 bedder's kitchen door entrance?

So even if your fridge width is not 77cm but 87cm, also no use of buying a larger fridge of 85cm as your kitchen door is too narrow (78cm) to move the fridge into the kitchen!

The problem is not with width but the depth of the fridge. You are limited to 55cm (deduct about 4 cm for the power point and plug) if flushed with the outer counter top. Unless, you are willing to accept a fridge that will protrude out and eat into your kitchen walk space:(

musras
18-02-14, 10:08
The problem is not with width but the depth of the fridge. You are limited to 55cm (deduct about 4 cm for the power point and plug) if flushed with the outer counter top. Unless, you are willing to accept a fridge that will protrude out and eat into your kitchen walk space:(

Do be careful when you purchase your fridge.. your fridge will need to protude out so that you can open the fridge door. If you don't want it to protude, you need to leave some space between the fridge and the wall to allow fridge door to be opened.

musras
18-02-14, 10:10

Those residents went to see MP.. who can we see?

"Mr Chow reckoned that some of the defects would require developer Hoi Hup Sunway JV to replace fittings with better-quality products.

"Residents are frustrated because they pay a premium for DBSS flats. Many of the residents here are young families that are first-time home owners, so their expectations are higher," he said."

Francis Woo
18-02-14, 10:22
Do be careful when you purchase your fridge.. your fridge will need to protude out so that you can open the fridge door. If you don't want it to protude, you need to leave some space between the fridge and the wall to allow fridge door to be opened.

Yes, that would eat up another 4cm space on the right!:(

So that wud be 73cm limitation for the width of the fridge!

FamilyGuy72
18-02-14, 10:22

Alternative is to refit the fridge door hinges to swing open the opposite direction, if design accommodates.

Psalms
18-02-14, 10:25
Those residents went to see MP.. who can we see?

"Mr Chow reckoned that some of the defects would require developer Hoi Hup Sunway JV to replace fittings with better-quality products.

"Residents are frustrated because they pay a premium for DBSS flats. Many of the residents here are young families that are first-time home owners, so their expectations are higher," he said."

Quality means non rusty products or substandard products etc used, nothing to do with young or first time buyers or expectations. In this instance, the developer can do better to maintain their reputation if they intend to be here for the long haul. Once it's known or much noise made about its questionable quality, they may lose more in the future.

dell1000
18-02-14, 12:06
Alternative is to refit the fridge door hinges to swing open the opposite direction, if design accommodates.

How about put fringe outside kitchen, maybe in the dining place ?
the disadvantage is it will eat some place for dining table.

chaoren
18-02-14, 12:41

Yes I understand your problem. For me, the depth of my fridge floor area is 86cm, while kitchen door frame is 78cm.

So I think my situation is different from yours.
I am limited to the width of kitchen door frame (78cm) and not by the depth (86cm) of the fridge floor area.

This means different type of unit size has different size of the fridge area.

FamilyGuy72
18-02-14, 12:52
How about put fringe outside kitchen, maybe in the dining place ?
the disadvantage is it will eat some place for dining table.

You could have a smaller kitchen fridge, and have an additional bar fridge to store beverages, snack & fruits in the dining area and not look out of place.

teobryan
18-02-14, 14:52

just sharing this Sharp model SJ-BW30P fridge with dual swing door......

think this will be just nice to fit into the fridge space.

https://sharp.com.sg/web/products/prodDetail.asp?ProdId=525&mode=Spec
retailing at around S$899/-

maps
18-02-14, 15:50
If you have got gas connection turned on, does it have to be turned off before the developer repair?

CKCPA
18-02-14, 16:44
Just came back after checking on the rectification... about 50% done BUT, I am still not very happy with the outcome especially the balcony. Arranged for second rectification site visit on Friday morning. :flaming-head:

Francis Woo
18-02-14, 19:14
Yes I understand your problem. For me, the depth of my fridge floor area is 86cm, while kitchen door frame is 78cm.

So I think my situation is different from yours.
I am limited to the width of kitchen door frame (78cm) and not by the depth (86cm) of the fridge floor area.

This means different type of unit size has different size of the fridge area.

I wish I had your 86cm as most fridge has about 73 to 75cm depth!

You can even get a double door type if you have the width too. Just swivel the fridge to the side and use the depth portion to push through your kitchen door width of 78cm, no problem at all:)

1969Mani
18-02-14, 19:26
There are metal strips on the door of bedroom and study room as well.

HI Musras,

Possible to post pics of the doors so that we can check with HH on this.
Thanks.

chaoren
18-02-14, 19:51
I wish I had your 86cm as most fridge has about 73 to 75cm depth!

You can even get a double door type if you have the width too. Just swivel the fridge to the side and use the depth portion to push through your kitchen door width of 78cm, no problem at all:)

My fridge space is width 89cm depth 86cm.

Hence, not just double door type, I can even get 1 of these:
1) 6 door fridge - Sharp SJGF60WAR (width 75cm depth 72.8cm)
2) 6 door fridge - Panasonic NR-F605 (width 74cm depth D72.9cm)
3) 5-door fridge - Mitsubishi MRZ65WDBP (width 80.5cm depth D72.8cm)

I'll have to find time to go down to courts one of these days to check them out physical to see which is the best choice and affordable.

Francis Woo
18-02-14, 21:36
Today's inspection -
Main door top ledge door retainer sides not properly done up. Filler/caulking uneven -http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm144/franciswookimleong/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG20140218124716_zpseilso5sx.jpg
Kitchen - full length of the bottom cabinets resting on a raised platform has gap of .5 to 1 cm and in one location, a piece of plywood is added to further balance the support! The centre cabinet bottom door joints are badly fitted and delaminated!http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm144/franciswookimleong/DSC01303_zps662aa269.jpghttp://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm144/franciswookimleong/DSC01304_zps8f16ebbe.jpghttp://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm144/franciswookimleong/DSC01312_zps10897ba4.jpghttp://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm144/franciswookimleong/DSC01306_zps8382cade.jpg
Common Bathroom
All drainage steel covers are rusted.http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm144/franciswookimleong/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG20140218123813_zpsybgbikoe.jpghttp://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm144/franciswookimleong/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG20140218125038_zpsoxgndfka.jpg
Water piping joint at the wall is filled with cement caulking indicating a cover up!http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm144/franciswookimleong/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG20140218124102_zpsvons29f8.jpg
In general, all filler/caulking in between tiles are not done up properly, many tiny gaps and smearing at the side are found on wall and floor tiles, especially the silicon sealant at the bottom of Master bedroom shower glass panel.http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm144/franciswookimleong/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG20140218123916_zpsomoujujp.jpghttp://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm144/franciswookimleong/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG20140218124007_zpsleyl9rov.jpghttp://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm144/franciswookimleong/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG20140218124404_zpsv6ai33qu.jpghttp://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm144/franciswookimleong/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG20140218121549_zpspd9sl37h.jpghttp://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm144/franciswookimleong/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG20140218125354_zpswupifsgg.jpghttp://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm144/franciswookimleong/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG20140218130604_zpshmhydtlb.jpg
Stay tuned for part 3:doh:

mshlin
18-02-14, 22:31
Today morning collected the key and brought a ladder & started to check....
marble floor and timber floor are slippery & I almost slipped for 2 or 3 times.
Found one ant in master room, some spider here and there, and some unknown inspects. also saw a big fat mouse crossing road in front of the barrier. spot some mouse shit around a/c compressor at ground floor.:scared-4:
about 70 items, most of which are minor like gaps not filled up, etc.
no issue with balcony glass panel & drain hole cover.
1) One major problem is a very long crack on living room ceiling. and 2-3 shorter crack on living room wall.
2) all doors don't have metal strip like main door. :confused: & top & some side of all door frames joining wall are not sealed at all, while the other side is silicon sealed.
3) plywood on top of the main door (at the slot where the retainer sits) split.
4) and same as others: big gap between kitchen cabinet and the floor raise-up & inserted with some plywood & the tile has ugly cutting.
5) plywood under the kitchen basin (facing floor) chips off.
6) there is big hole between cupboard edge & wall (either top or bottom) not sealed.
7) no gasket at the bottom of the bathroom upper windows (left & right side got).

Photos:https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=837A939325DF425D!1012&authkey=!AKBk85QiWkM6-44&ithint=folder%2c.JPG

V@Eowner
18-02-14, 22:33
Depth 59cm
Width 77cm

Is that the powerpoint for the fridge? Smack right behind the fridge???:confused:

V@Eowner
18-02-14, 22:41
I'm collecting my keys next month. I appreciate you guys sharing your findings here. Will sure help when it is time for me to go through the heartaches .....

rk
18-02-14, 22:45
I'm collecting my keys next month. I appreciate you guys sharing your findings here. Will sure help when it is time for me to go through the heartaches .....

I'm not an owner but I really feel for you guys... really disgusted with the standard of worksmanship.

mshlin
18-02-14, 22:49
Is that the powerpoint for the fridge? Smack right behind the fridge???:confused:

Yes, the socket is for fridge as the space is for it. Not well designed - inconvenient to plug in and out also eat up the depth of space.
For 2-bedder as per the photo, owner still may use the socket above the table beside.
for my 3-bedder, the sockets are at the other end of the table. :doh:

chaoren
19-02-14, 00:12
Yes, the socket is for fridge as the space is for it. Not well designed - inconvenient to plug in and out also eat up the depth of space.
For 2-bedder as per the photo, owner still may use the socket above the table beside.
for my 3-bedder, the sockets are at the other end of the table. :doh:

Why would you need to plug out? Above the table in your photo, there are 3 switches for hood, oven & fridge. So if you want to turn off your fridge, you do not have to stretch your hands behind the fridge to do so, just press the switch on top of the table will do.

The plug will take up only 2.5cm, so there are sufficient space for the depth.

Lucky for you... I saw your photos of the defects... I suppose your defect list are much fewer & are mostly minors.

While Francis Woo's one looks pretty bad... many major defects.

NorthernStar
19-02-14, 07:01
[QUOTE=ebullent;463434]dont know if you guys check below the kitchen cabinet..this is what i saw. Is it normal ?:confused:

Hi ebullent, this is not normal.
first pix: Carpenter suppose to seal the gaps and to hide those wooden pieces.
2nd pix: IMO, this is a mis-alignment. The tile suppose to align (or at least the gap shouldn't be too deep) with the carpentry.. more works need to be done. you can ask developer how they want to fix this. Of course, the wood pieces used for the levelling cannot be finished like that. Must hide inside too. (same as pix 1)

Francis Woo
19-02-14, 09:41

Yes, which I don't mind really as this is the electrical plug point and should be hidden out of sight. The on/off switch on the left above the counter top.

However, this has eaten another closed to 4cm of the depth, now making it more shallow at 55cm, very very difficult to look for a fridge with that kind of depth. Mostly from 60cm onwards for those medium size fridge to 60cm width.:banghead:

CKCPA
19-02-14, 10:07
At unit waiting for my Reno contractor to see unit and nicely meet HH contractor checking on the defects. Asked about the metal strips for the bedroom and bathroom doors. Was advised that only the main door has metal strips.

mustafa
19-02-14, 10:10
Yes, which I don't mind really as this is the

However, this has eaten another closed to 4cm of the depth, now making it more shallow at 55cm, very very difficult to look for a fridge with that kind of depth. Mostly from 60cm onwards for those medium size fridge to 60cm width.:banghead:

I am also having the same issue with the fridge depth, 58 or 59 cm, another suggestion is to ask your reno contractor to completely remove the back electrical plug point and level it with wall so it does not eat more space, than use the plug on the table top to connect the fridge, i saw this website that have sell connecting plug which looks nice www.eubiq.com you may save the 4 cm and can buy fridge which is around 60 cm, you may not be able to flush it but at least it does not look very ugly protruding out too much.

musras
19-02-14, 10:12
HI Musras,

Possible to post pics of the doors so that we can check with HH on this.
Thanks.

Hi 1969Mani, so sorry I won't be at VE today and tomorrow so will not be able to post the pic of the doors. Will take the pics when I drop by on friday and post it here.

CKCPA
19-02-14, 12:09
I am likely to forgo that power point and if feasible, get electrician to install another one above counter top.

Yes, which I don't mind really as this is the electrical plug point and should be hidden out of sight. The on/off switch on the left above the counter top.

Francis Woo
19-02-14, 14:51
Of course, the best solution will be to divert the point to the top rear side of the cabinet below the counter top next to the fridge space. Need to pay for this electrical diversion though:roll eyes:

Had made appointment with Mr. Kumar (person in charge of joint defect inspection for BLK 38) for joint inspection tomorrow 10am. Let's see how it goes!

Wants to get this over quickly as I am sure there will be another round of defects not spoted!:scared-1:

dell1000
19-02-14, 15:34
Of course, the best solution will be to divert the point to the top rear side of the cabinet below the counter top next to the fridge space. Need to pay for this electrical diversion though:roll eyes:

Had made appointment with Mr. Kumar (person in charge of joint defect inspection for BLK 38) for joint inspection tomorrow 10am. Let's see how it goes!

Wants to get this over quickly as I am sure there will be another round of defects not spoted!:scared-1:
Havn't submit defect list yet, what is the procedure to submit defect list?
can I directly go to mangement office and submit , or need to make an appointment first?

Francis Woo
19-02-14, 15:58
Havn't submit defect list yet, what is the procedure to submit defect list?
can I directly go to mangement office and submit , or need to make an appointment first?

Better to go direct to the basement contractor office and make the joint inspection appointment. The Management office has nothing to do with this!

Francis Woo
19-02-14, 16:27
Just snared this at Best Denki! A display set at $498 + $61 additional 3 years warranty!;)http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm144/franciswookimleong/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG20140218173035_zpsck3edr5i.jpg

Blacknight
19-02-14, 20:17
Saw two guys in pool and security guards don't care if they were properly attired.

Disgusting people swimming in pants:mad:

Francis Woo
19-02-14, 20:25
You take pictures and show it to the management office folks!:mad:

Blacknight
19-02-14, 20:37
This is only one of the evening activities in the condo, my family saw a Bangladesh worker washing his broom in the water feature.

Am not surprise if the whole throng of them ever had a pool party in their sweaty underwear in swimming pool too. Lol.

Francis Woo
19-02-14, 20:43
Just like this Cheena family who has the audacity to dry their clothing outside their apartment near to a walk way and a pool!:tongue3:

Shot taken at the Shore http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm144/franciswookimleong/DSC01316_zpsfcb050e0.jpg

Blacknight
19-02-14, 21:16
Red and pink quite colourful though, at least not torn white crocodile underwear with yellow urine stains on them :scared-3:

musras
19-02-14, 21:16
The shop is now being advertised for rental.. $5599 per month.

chaoren
19-02-14, 21:36
The shop is now being advertised for rental.. $5599 per month.

Wow, that's quite expensive. If work 12 hours and open everyday, must profit $15 per hour in order to cover rental. :scared-1:

Looks like the food being sold at the shop will not be cheap. :banghead:

Francis Woo: Samsung brand is being sold at $529 at expo. :tongue3:

Francis Woo
19-02-14, 21:38
Wow, you have to sell $5 a plate Char Kwey Teow to survive the rental!:scared-1:

mshlin
19-02-14, 21:42
anyone has idea what the area (where there are those rectangular shape, which are openings) in the a/c ledge for? a/c compressors are just installed side by side at the area where the words "A/C Ledge" is.
seems so wasted.
I also noticed that there are only 2 bolts to secure my a/c compressor unit, but 4 holes provided on its feet. How about yours units? shall we raise it as defects.
But those a/c compressors at ground floor have all 4 bolt down.

Francis Woo
19-02-14, 21:46
Francis Woo: Samsung brand is being sold at $529 at expo. :tongue3:

I prefer LG as their products are more reliable. I m currently using their 32" LCD for almost 7 years in one of my bedrooms and still running strong. I have their double door fridge already 8 years now and I m thinking how to get rid of it as I can't bring it to Vacanza!:confused:

chaoren
19-02-14, 22:20
I prefer LG as their products are more reliable. I m currently using their 32" LCD for almost 7 years in one of my bedrooms and still running strong. I have their double door fridge already 8 years now and I m thinking how to get rid of it as I can't bring it to Vacanza!:confused:

Do yourself a good deed by donating it to the poor & sick at http://www.passiton.org.sg

I think it would be good if the shop serves breakfast set meal of $3 or less. I will walk over to have breakfast everyday to give my support.

Dennise.ardi
19-02-14, 23:10
Can anyone tell me how many sets of keys are we getting from the developer?
And if it would be possible to ask for an additional set if we think that the number is not sufficient.

Also, if there is a monthly fee for the parking slot?

Cheers,
Dennise

Akira Fudou
20-02-14, 00:51
3 sets of keys, 3 access cards, 1 car transponder.
You can duplicate keys yourself. As for the card, you can request for max 2 more at $50 each if im not wrong.
Car park lot is 1 per unit, no additional charge.

Dennise.ardi
20-02-14, 06:03
3 sets of keys, 3 access cards, 1 car transponder.
You can duplicate keys yourself. As for the card, you can request for max 2 more at $50 each if im not wrong.
Car park lot is 1 per unit, no additional charge.

Thanks Akira!

Astreal16
20-02-14, 07:52
Do yourself a good deed by donating it to the poor & sick at http://www.passiton.org.sg

I think it would be good if the shop serves breakfast set meal of $3 or less. I will walk over to have breakfast everyday to give my support.

hahahaha i agree on the $3 breakfast but that's only if it's nice! Some nasi lemak and bee hoon would be great!

Astreal16
20-02-14, 07:55

Apparently, LG washers are quieter as compared to Samsung ones, according to the sales man at Gain City. I dunno how true coz I don't use either brand.

Francis Woo
20-02-14, 08:28

I will definitely call them on this but looking at the site, they want only small fridge for the one room dwellers. My double door fridge will be too big for a one room space!:eek:

dell1000
20-02-14, 08:48
anyone has idea what the area (where there are those rectangular shape, which are openings) in the a/c ledge for? a/c compressors are just installed side by side at the area where the words "A/C Ledge" is.
seems so wasted.
I also noticed that there are only 2 bolts to secure my a/c compressor unit, but 4 holes provided on its feet. How about yours units? shall we raise it as defects.
yes, I notice that almost all compressors are fixed with only 2 bolts. I have listed it as a defect.

dydxdydx
20-02-14, 11:27
seems so wasted.

My unit is Type C3. The shape of the air cond ledge is the same as yours ("L" shaped) but there are no rectangular boxes on my floor plan drawing. I collected my keys yersterday and saw that the compressors are installed one on each side of the "L" area.

Maybe the rectangular boxes meant that the area can withstand certain pressure or weight (i.e. x kiloNewton per sq metre)

Francis Woo
20-02-14, 12:51
Just completed my joint inspection with Mr. Kumar. Took half hour but according to him, rectification will take about a month for the 45 defect items!:scared-1:

V@Eowner
20-02-14, 12:56
Hi, I'm collecting the keys early mar. Is there some way to get hold of a soft copy of the floor plan in advance? Grateful if someone could point me in the right direction with email address perhaps?

Thank you.

dydxdydx
20-02-14, 13:00
Hi, I'm collecting the keys early mar. Is there some way to get hold of a soft copy of the floor plan in advance? Grateful if someone could point me in the right direction with email address perhaps?

Thank you.

You may send your request to [email protected].

Han
20-02-14, 13:48

Thanks to all of you sharing information. I just came back from long vacation, and have not collected keys yet.

I just requested layout plan of Type B2 from delvelper as follows: -

Drawing as pdf/ AutoCAD format
1. Floor Plan - Furniture Layout Plan, Floor Finishes Plan, & Ceiling Plan
2. Elevation

Finishes Schedule - Request colour code, brand, & Vendor
3. Laminate for wardrobe, kitchen cabinet, & door
4. Solid surface for pantry cabinet top
5. Floor finishes - Compress marble for living room, timber flooring for bedroom, and Floor & wall tile for bathroom & Kitchen

I am not sure whether they can able to release information whatever I requested.

V@Eowner
20-02-14, 14:44

Thank you Sir/Madam!

chaoren
20-02-14, 16:57
Just completed my joint inspection with Mr. Kumar. Took half hour but according to him, rectification will take about a month for the 45 defect items!:scared-1:

Strange.

They told me that its take about 5 weeks for my 1st list of 16 defects from 11 February.

Its too long, I will go down again on Monday Morning to check the progress because I have just signed up package with my interior designer (lao jiao with 20 years of experience) want to submit my renovation application form next Thursday as the current plan is for my carpenters to start work on 3rd March 2014 (Monday).

CKCPA
20-02-14, 17:48
I had my first site inspection on 11 Feb and was told that they need 3 to 4 weeks. As mentioned, the last check I did only 50% of the identified areas been touched up and honestly, I think it is still not good. My suggestion is to concurrently to arrange second site inspection so that you can highlight those that are still not corrected or if corrected, are unsatisfactory as well as new areas that have been missed out during the first submission.

I am doing my second site inspection tomorrow morning.

chaoren
20-02-14, 18:53
I had my first site inspection on 11 Feb and was told that they need 3 to 4 weeks. As mentioned, the last check I did only 50% of the identified areas been touched up and honestly, I think it is still not good. My suggestion is to concurrently to arrange second site inspection so that you can highlight those that are still not corrected or if corrected, are unsatisfactory as well as new areas that have been missed out during the first submission.

I am doing my second site inspection tomorrow morning.

Thanks. I will call Kumar tomorrow to arrange 2nd site inspection for Monday.

mshlin
20-02-14, 20:48
I sent my request for autocad drawing to the following address on Saturday but till today no response.:simmering:
upon key collection, received hard copy drawing in A3: layout, electrical- lighting, power points & single line, plumbing, sanitary, ACMV & gas line.
Also receive brochure/manual for oven, a/c, heater, intercom timber floor(& one starter kit which includes a spray mop). some have local vendor printed on the documents.
I also asked Nicolle (from hoihup for key collection) to give softcopy of drawing but she said only layout with dimension I need so she emailed me that in pdf.

Thanks to all of you sharing information. I just came back from long vacation, and have not collected keys yet.

2. Elevation

5. Floor finishes - Compress marble for living room, timber flooring for bedroom, and Floor & wall tile for bathroom & Kitchen

I am not sure whether they can able to release information whatever I requested.

Francis Woo
20-02-14, 20:57
The Shuttle Bus on the road...http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm144/franciswookimleong/DSC01336_zpsa094936b.jpg

Draven005
20-02-14, 21:12
I wrote to HH to request defect rectification after my renovations. They say ok to that except to delay any cupboard/built in cabinet installation until rectification is done. The reason is many things the owners complain workers scratch/damage these cupboards/cabinets.

HH rejected my request for timber planks on my balcony but I appeal their decision. Now pending. How come timber planks not allowed for balcony??

Strange.

They told me that its take about 5 weeks for my 1st list of 16 defects from 11 February.

Its too long, I will go down again on Monday Morning to check the progress because I have just signed up package with my interior designer (lao jiao with 20 years of experience) want to submit my renovation application form next Thursday as the current plan is for my carpenters to start work on 3rd March 2014 (Monday).

CKCPA
20-02-14, 21:18
What!?! I was just including that in my renovation requirements! Never knew that approval is required for timber decking!

I wrote to HH to request defect rectification after my renovations. They say ok to that except to delay any cupboard/built in cabinet installation until rectification is done. The reason is many things the owners complain workers scratch/damage these cupboards/cabinets.

HH rejected my request for timber planks on my balcony but I appeal their decision. Now pending. How come timber planks not allowed for balcony??

CKCPA
20-02-14, 21:24
If the intervals are 45mins to one hour apart, I am definitely not keen to vote for its continuation (if that means funding comes from our pockets) as the value added is just negligible. So far, on days where I am not driving, I have not been successful in catching it and I am not about to work my activities/timing around the bus schedule to catch it...

Bus 42 will suffice for me.

The Shuttle Bus on the road...http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm144/franciswookimleong/DSC01336_zpsa094936b.jpg

Draven005
20-02-14, 21:28
Exactly. My contractor asked me to get mgt approval because timber decking is installed outside the condo. So I submitted the request form to Mgt office who told me cannot be approved but I appealed with reason that the balcony too hot to step during sunny days.

What!?! I was just including that in my renovation requirements! Never knew that approval is required for timber decking!

astroboy8681
20-02-14, 21:33
I appealed with reason that the balcony too hot to step during sunny days.

Tis the first I heard and it's real funny... :D
Timber decking is very aesthetically looking thou...

Not approved just quietly do...

chaoren
20-02-14, 21:54
Exactly. My contractor asked me to get mgt approval because timber decking is installed outside the condo. So I submitted the request form to Mgt office who told me cannot be approved but I appealed with reason that the balcony too hot to step during sunny days.

I think they are afraid it will affect them obtaining legal completion status.

I plan to install 2 wall lamps on the balcony, do you think if they will approve? :tongue3:

musras
21-02-14, 05:21
Tis the first I heard and it's real funny... :D
Timber decking is very aesthetically looking thou...

Not approved just quietly do...

I bought some kind of synthetic wooden decks for balcony from Giant for self installation.. Minimal maintenance and much lower cost. Each packet has 6 pieces. 30cm x 30cm. Price is $29.90 per box. They have brown, grey and grass. Giant does free delivery for purchase of more than $200.

cdrum
21-02-14, 07:16
I bought some kind of synthetic wooden decks for balcony from Giant for self installation.. Minimal maintenance and much lower cost. Each packet has 6 pieces. 30cm x 30cm. Price is $29.90 per box. They have brown, grey and grass. Giant does free delivery for purchase of more than $200.

My opinion, if your modifications won't affect other's (i.e. timber planks on balcony wouldn't!!), then I'd go for it. Management forgets that we're the owners. Their job is to ensure any modifications we make doesn't adversly affect the overall look and feel of the property. NOT restrict us in fitting out our units as we wish (within reason of course).

Last I checked, the balcony floor space was included in our sqft/price of the unit. So we damn well should be able to add timber planks. The excuse that "it's outside the unit" is bullshit. give me a discount then for the sqft of the balcony.

CKCPA
21-02-14, 09:21
Need advice...does any one have the same problem as me re the parquet flooring? Have problem uploading the picture here but please let me know if you have similar issues.

The BSC said cannot changed as it is not defect and it is the natural grain design...

Noexit
21-02-14, 09:31
It seems like this project after top have so many defect problem is it most of the project when top will be like that ?:doh::hell-hath-no-fury:

CKCPA
21-02-14, 09:40
Yes, all projects will have similar issues. In all fairness, VE is not at the rock bottom... I recently saw one with even more defects and poorer quality finishing...

Barring unforeseen circumstances, I hope to start my Reno by mid Mar.

It seems like this project after top have so many defect problem is it most of the project when top will be like that ?:doh::hell-hath-no-fury:

chaoren
21-02-14, 13:56
Just bought this fridge 84.5 width x 71.5 depth x 180 height today at only $999. Super duper cheap! :scared-5:

cvincent
21-02-14, 16:41
Just bought this fridge 84.5 width x 71.5 depth x 180 height today at only $999. Super duper cheap! :scared-5:

well done, where is this? was told to hold off gas turn on until actual moving in for safety reason. nobody will be in the premise to detect any leakage.

Han
21-02-14, 19:53

Great!!! Is it from Expo IT show?

Any problem with pantry cabinet depth? Can fridge be in line with cabinet depth, and opening of sliding door?

blade_kap
21-02-14, 19:57
I sent my request for autocad drawing to the following address on Saturday but till today no response.:simmering:
upon key collection, received hard copy drawing in A3: layout, electrical- lighting, power points & single line, plumbing, sanitary, ACMV & gas line.
Also receive brochure/manual for oven, a/c, heater, intercom timber floor(& one starter kit which includes a spray mop). some have local vendor printed on the documents.
I also asked Nicolle (from hoihup for key collection) to give softcopy of drawing but she said only layout with dimension I need so she emailed me that in pdf.

same here. I have emailed them week ago and didn't get any reply. Could anyone share the soft copy of floor plan with measurement for B2 type, 840sqft. I have yet collected my key. Thank you in advance.

Han
21-02-14, 20:08
same here. I have emailed them week ago and didn't get any reply. Could anyone share the soft copy of floor plan with measurement for B2 type, 840sqft. I have yet collected my key. Thank you in advance.

Mine is type B2 (807 ft2). Can we request from main con directly instead of developer?

Any one has main con's contact person/ email address for request of soft copy?

Thanks.

cdrum
21-02-14, 20:37

Nice. That's the size I'm looking for. May I ask the type of unit you have?

Annoying thing is I only get my keys on Monday!!! grrr...

musras
21-02-14, 20:38

Thank you for the info. Does this need plumbing or uses a water tank in the fridge?

chaoren
21-02-14, 21:45
About the fridge, I did ask the saleman over parent's mobile, it uses water tank which can disperse both water and ice cubes. The other questions, I do not know, didn't ask.

I am working so did not go down personally.
I asked my family go there on my behalf to check out the fridge, measured it and sent me photos of it via MMS. They love the fridge very much and it looks good. It comes with 2 years warranty.

The width is 88cm when both side doors are opened, so it can fit my fridge space of 89cm nicely. But if you want to scretch both sides to the maximum outwards it measures 90cm, then don't push the fridge all the way in, still can open fully because the right side depth of kitchen cabinet measures 50cm.

They charge $50 for home delivery, so if you want to save, better you borrow or rent a van/truck so you pay $999 instead of $1049.

I paid 10% deposit for delivery in April, will pay the remaining 90% by cash upon delivery.

Usual price is $1799, Lion Company sells $1499, Expo sells $999, so its really a bargain. I heard this fridge is the most popular choice at Expo & they have unlimited supply. Hence, no need worry if they run out of stock.

chaoren
21-02-14, 22:05
Nice. That's the size I'm looking for. May I ask the type of unit you have?

Annoying thing is I only get my keys on Monday!!! grrr...

Mind is not your C3.

Also, I suggest you to wait till you get your keys on 24th February before buying because it can be different for everyone even if neighbor's is same unit type as yours.

Its too bad EXPO fair will be over by the time u get your keys. But you can try your luck again at next week's IT Show - http://www.itshow.com.sg

The actual measurement can be different for every unit as the building may be 1-3cm difference even if same unit type.

I measured my bedroom windows too, they are different length as well.

cdrum
22-02-14, 08:00
Mind is not your C3.

Also, I suggest you to wait till you get your keys on 24th February before buying because it can be different for everyone even if neighbor's is same unit type as yours.

Its too bad EXPO fair will be over by the time u get your keys. But you can try your luck again at next week's IT Show - http://www.itshow.com.sg

The actual measurement can be different for every unit as the building may be 1-3cm difference even if same unit type.

I measured my bedroom windows too, they are different length as well.

Thanks for the advise. I'll wait! ;/

This is my first condo, is it common for the architects to make everything different? It would seem like it is easier for them to duplicate as much as possible....

chaoren
22-02-14, 13:52
Thanks for the advise. I'll wait! ;/

This is my first condo, is it common for the architects to make everything different? It would seem like it is easier for them to duplicate as much as possible....

Same. First time staying a condo. Can't wait to move in early April. :scared-2:

But you can buy TV first if u need. Now I can understand how Courts, Harvey Norman, Best Denki, etc makes big bucks buying then resell them at 2.5 to 3 times or more than their take-in price.

I bought the 46" Philips 3D Full HD LED TV SMART TV at only $798.
Normal priced at $2199. They charge $30 for home delivery, so make sure you either drive a car there or get a taxi for cash-on-carry.

Specs at http://www.harveynorman.com.sg/audio-visual/tvs/3d-tvs/philips-46pfl5008.html

Hosay2014
23-02-14, 00:22
Same. First time staying a condo. Can't wait to move in early April. :scared-2:

But you can buy TV first if u need. Now I can understand how Courts, Harvey Norman, Best Denki, etc makes big bucks buying then resell them at 2.5 to 3 times or more than their take-in price.

I bought the 46" Philips 3D Full HD LED TV SMART TV at only $798.
Normal priced at $2199. They charge $30 for home delivery, so make sure you either drive a car there or get a taxi for cash-on-carry.

Specs at http://www.harveynorman.com.sg/audio-visual/tvs/3d-tvs/philips-46pfl5008.html

Hi chao ren,
Which booth did u get this tv? I went there today but did not seems to see this deal at Philip booth. Maybe it's sold out. Only manage to see them promoting some item but all above 1k

chaoren
23-02-14, 09:04
Hi chao ren,
Which booth did u get this tv? I went there today but did not seems to see this deal at Philip booth. Maybe it's sold out. Only manage to see them promoting some item but all above 1k

Tried asking the saleman? Its at Booth C09.

The model number is 46PFL5008 (Normal Price $2199, Expo selling $798)
They also have the 42 inches with the exact same specs. Model number is 42PFL5008
Normal Price $1499, Courts selling $1199, Expo selling $698.

I bought 1 set 46 inches & 1 set 42 inches.

According to their brochure, they have unlimited supply so I don't believe its sold out but maybe did not put on display only.

tiger&pooh
23-02-14, 09:24

This is a good deal..
Where is it?
My I know the size of fridge in volume?

Akira Fudou
23-02-14, 19:58
just finished my defect checking today, gonna submit tomorrow.

Did you guys list the colours of the marble tiles as defect? mine is a mixture of light and dark colour tiles...

cdrum
23-02-14, 20:21
Anyone got fibre yet? On Opennet, it still says our block hasn't received TOP.

mshlin
23-02-14, 20:31
upon key collection, the HH girl Nicolle said the fibre is not ready. have to wait letter from Opennet.

Anyone got fibre yet? On Opennet, it still says our block hasn't received TOP.

mshlin
23-02-14, 20:35
You might not be able to submit on Monday.
You have to make an appointment first. Maybe now the earliest slot is Wednesday. On Saturday I went down to made the appointment and the available time slot is Tuesday (2 left for Tuesday).

I don't see my tiles have different color.

Actually we can make an appointment first before you start checking. :)

just finished my defect checking today, gonna submit tomorrow.

Did you guys list the colours of the marble tiles as defect? mine is a mixture of light and dark colour tiles...

cdrum
23-02-14, 20:39
upon key collection, the HH girl Nicolle said the fibre is not ready. have to wait letter from Opennet.

grrrr.. I want to take advantage of the myrepublic offer!! ahem...

Akira Fudou
23-02-14, 22:21
You might not be able to submit on Monday.
You have to make an appointment first. Maybe now the earliest slot is Wednesday. On Saturday I went down to made the appointment and the available time slot is Tuesday (2 left for Tuesday).

I don't see my tiles have different color.

Actually we can make an appointment first before you start checking. :)

thanks for the heads up :D

mine are quite obvious having darker shade on some tiles..:doh:

chaoren
23-02-14, 22:27
grrrr.. I want to take advantage of the myrepublic offer!! ahem...

Same, I also tried to sign up on 7 February and found out our Condo is not fibre ready on 8 February. Emailed OpenNet on 10 February and they said they will expedite fibre service for our condo.

Got to wait 2-3 months for the letter from OpenNet to arrive. :doh:

Francis Woo
23-02-14, 22:34

Any photos to show! Problem with marbles is that most often than not, the light color stain and streaks can be a natural process and can't be considered as defects!:scared-5:

chaoren
23-02-14, 22:39

2. Elevation

Do you have the finishes for item 3,4,5 yet? Please share.

My designer's 3D drawing will be out soon, and so I will need to pick the color within next 3 days. Hoping that my furniture can match the same colour.

chaoren
23-02-14, 22:41
Any photos to show! Problem with marbles is that most often than not, the light color stain and streaks can be a natural process and can't be considered as defects!:scared-5:

I am having this problem in my master bedroom, quite bad the flooring light color stain mix with dark ones.

Han
24-02-14, 08:50
Do you have the finishes for item 3,4,5 yet? Please share.

My designer's 3D drawing will be out soon, and so I will need to pick the color within next 3 days. Hoping that my furniture can match the same colour.

I haven't received any email from HH. Also not collected my keys yet.
Laminate colour - Ask your ID's designer to bring catalogues from a few brands (TAK, Formica, Lam Chuan, EDL, Greenlam) to match "wood granin series" laminate colour.

Solid surface top - This is white colour, and quite common, and easy to match. Are you going to alter pantry cabinet too?

No idea for floor finishes. What I know for Marble is a kind of artificial, and called as "compress marble". If you engage ID's contractor, he/ she is able to source matching/ exact colour.

dexterchua88
24-02-14, 11:56
Hello all! I just complained to the representative and the sub contractor about the Glass Panels at the Balcony which were jointed poorly. I was told that it is the correct way of welding. As I am in the metal business, we generally consider this kind of welding as Spot Soldering. This kind of joint will not last long and as metal contracts and expands, it will break. Three of my renovation contractors confirmed my stand that it's not safe. Hence I requested for some form of approval from relevant authorities to safeguard myself from any future claims due to the panels. I further told them that should I not be satisfied with the rectifications, I will report to BCA for them to give me the assurance instead. Better be safe than sorry.

dydxdydx
24-02-14, 13:54
Hello all! I just complained to the representative and the sub contractor about the Glass Panels at the Balcony which were jointed poorly. I was told that it is the correct way of welding. As I am in the metal business, we generally consider this kind of welding as Spot Soldering. This kind of joint will not last long and as metal contracts and expands, it will break. Three of my renovation contractors confirmed my stand that it's not safe. Hence I requested for some form of approval from relevant authorities to safeguard myself from any future claims due to the panels. I further told them that should I not be satisfied with the rectifications, I will report to BCA for them to give me the assurance instead. Better be safe than sorry.

Good move Dextor. We should have reassurance from the appropriate authorities. Meanwhile, let us remind ourselves and our visitors not to lean against the panel at the balconies.

dexterchua88
24-02-14, 14:05
remembering the cases of falling window frames of HDB flats. And HDB mentioned it's the responsibility of the homeowner to check and replace the screws periodically.

I don't want to be held responsible for such poorly constructed glass panels and I certainly won't allow anyone to lean on them as well. It's better to rectify them now then to worry years later. I have two small kids and I am extremely worried!

Abunn
24-02-14, 14:12

Any photo?

dydxdydx
24-02-14, 14:12
Mine's a Cx....:ashamed1:

My unit is Type C3. The space for the fridge is 82cm (D) and 90cm (W). Kitchen door width is the same as yours - 80cm.

I've decided to buy the Hitachi Big2 series 550 litre fridge.

dexterchua88
24-02-14, 14:29
http://postimg.org/image/vzr4jiz39/

This was taken at my unit and pictures posted at post #1537.
This is what we in metal business called Spot Soldering.

chaoren
24-02-14, 15:39
My unit is Type C3. The space for the fridge is 82cm (D) and 90cm (W). Kitchen door width is the same as yours - 80cm.

Do you mean the Hitachi R-Z693EMSX with retail price $1399 as shown below?

http://www.gaincity.com/product/HITACHI-RZ693EMSX-STAINLESS-_20beca52-608d-102f-9da5-000c293efb7c

I thought Hitachi R-W691FMSX is better? :scared-4:

dydxdydx
24-02-14, 15:56
Do you mean the Hitachi R-Z693EMSX with retail price $1399 as shown below?

http://www.gaincity.com/product/HITACHI-RZ693EMSX-STAINLESS-_20beca52-608d-102f-9da5-000c293efb7c

I thought Hitachi R-W691FMSX is better? :scared-4:

Hi Chaoren, I prefer the 2-door conventional fridge. This is the one I wanted to buy ---> http://www.hitachiconsumer.com/sg/products_details.aspx?oid=3437

I like the black glass surface which looks unique. I think this series is quite new, hence no feedback from users yet.

chaoren
24-02-14, 16:13

Pls keep us updated of the complain.

I too had my 2nd round of inspection done with Mr. Kumar today. I also told him about it and he said all units in the condo are soldered the same way. So he will discuss it with his team and get back to me on it.

Han
24-02-14, 16:27
Depth 59cm
Width 77cm
Height 95 cm
Thanks for actual space for Fridge & washing machine. I am from blk 36, and my unit is type B2.

I haven't collected key yet. But just received layout plan from HH that requested a few days ago.

I am very concerrn about fridge space too. Comparing with Brochure's floor plan & As Built Plan. Depth of kitchen Cabinet with space for washing machine was bigger depth shown on brochure floor plan. But as built plan was shown smaller depth for that one, and bigger depth.

How is your layout plan? Is it as per brochure's floor plan?

dexterchua88
24-02-14, 18:00
Pls keep us updated of the complain.

I too had my 2nd round of inspection done with Mr. Kumar today. I also told him about it and he said all units in the condo are soldered the same way. So he will discuss it with his team and get back to me on it.

Well, Kumar said the same thing to me. If you like me, don't feel secure about it, ask them to provide approvals from authorities which approved this method.
At least if anything happens, you have documents to back you up that this method of joint complies to the regulations. I would prefer that the whole piece of glass frame to be welded completely to the supporting bars. Besides that, the metal frames are of extremely poor quality. Looks like I would have to polish them once every 2-3 months due to corrosion and stains.

cdrum
24-02-14, 20:24

I also have!!!! very angry.

cdrum
24-02-14, 20:28

ooh nice fridge. Your space is 90cm wide, but the fridge according to the PDF I found below says the width is 91cm. Did I find the right model?

http://www.hitachiconsumer.com/sg/download.aspx?file=/data/resources/docs/Big2%20Series.pdf

Update: ignore this. I saw the later posts. thanks

cdrum
24-02-14, 20:32
Finally collected my keys today. So far 44 defects (but a couple of them have many examples).

I am very very disappointed with the tiling. First, I have several tiles that are a darker shade than the rest. Then, many other tiles have blemishes and dents. WTF.

And, on the balconies, they did a very sloppy job with filling in edges (at corners and around the drain pipes).

These two items are real problem points for me. the others, like cracks on walls (while I want to be fixed), I am less pissed about.

The tiles though. jesus. A 5 year old could match the bloody colors properly.

Francis Woo
24-02-14, 21:13
Thanks for actual space for Fridge & washing machine. I am from blk 36, and my unit is type B2.

I haven't collected key yet. But just received layout plan from HH that requested a few days ago.

I am very concerrn about fridge space too. Comparing with Brochure's floor plan & As Built Plan. Depth of kitchen Cabinet with space for washing machine was bigger depth shown on brochure floor plan. But as built plan was shown smaller depth for that one, and bigger depth.

How is your layout plan? Is it as per brochure's floor plan?

I have not crossed check with the brochure's floor plan yet as I am quite busy. Will do that later when I check on the rectification process with Kumar!

Thanks for the head up!

Francis Woo
24-02-14, 21:15
Finally collected my keys today. So far 44 defects (but a couple of them have many examples).

I am very very disappointed with the tiling. First, I have several tiles that are a darker shade than the rest. Then, many other tiles have blemishes and dents. WTF.

And, on the balconies, they did a very sloppy job with filling in edges (at corners and around the drain pipes).

These two items are real problem points for me. the others, like cracks on walls (while I want to be fixed), I am less pissed about.

Bro, can you show photos!

chaoren
24-02-14, 21:17

So how is your fridge space size?

I haven't buy my washing machine.
I plan to get Hitachi SF75NJX if there's cheap sale at IT Show this Thursday. :scared-2:

2 of my neighbours next doors are moving in on 1st March 2014.
They are not doing any renovation.

Then other 3 neighbours still no where in sign. I wonder why are they so slow to collect keys, seems they do not mind leaving the house empty for 2 months and ok to pay property tax & maintenance fees. :scared-3:

cdrum
24-02-14, 21:37
Bro, can you show photos!

I was so busy marking defects, forgot to take photos. Will try over the next couple of days, depending on work schedule.

cdrum
24-02-14, 21:40
So how is your fridge space size?

I haven't buy my washing machine.
I plan to get Hitachi SF75NJX if there's cheap sale at IT Show this Thursday. :scared-2:

2 of my neighbours next doors are moving in on 1st March 2014.
They are not doing any renovation.

Then other 3 neighbours still no where in sign. I wonder why are they so slow to collect keys, seems they do not mind leaving the house empty for 2 months and ok to pay property tax & maintenance fees. :scared-3:

My fridge space is 89.3 W, 81.2 D (to the door opening), and unlimited height (you know what i mean).

So I figure if I allow for 5 CM on either side width wise for ventilation,a nd 10 CM behind for ventilation, that allows me to get a fridge with max 79CM W, 71CM D.

I'm looking at some promising options at courts, 2 doors (top freezer) that are in the 500L capacity area... Not my ideal, but, well, it's better than what I have now!

My wife and I were overzealous when we received the "we should be getting TOP soon" letter from the developer back in December and took advantage of pre-Christmas sales at courts and got Electrolux stacking washer and dryer. They still have them in their warehouse (but delivering this weekend finally).

Chris

Hosay2014
24-02-14, 23:44
Tried asking the saleman? Its at Booth C09.

The model number is 46PFL5008 (Normal Price $2199, Expo selling $798)
They also have the 42 inches with the exact same specs. Model number is 42PFL5008
Normal Price $1499, Courts selling $1199, Expo selling $698.

I bought 1 set 46 inches & 1 set 42 inches.

According to their brochure, they have unlimited supply so I don't believe its sold out but maybe did not put on display only.

Thanks. Anyway i did not went again after i see the crowd. Hope i can find some bargain over the weekend at it show!