PDA

View Full Version : Vacanza @ East

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10

Akira Fudou
29-01-14, 17:19
Its a new project. better to start off with my contribution to build up the funds. few years later can adjust downwards if got excess funds.

im puzzled why my maintenance fee is the same as 2 bedders

gk
29-01-14, 18:16
im puzzled why my maintenance fee is the same as 2 bedders

Sorry to add more salt into your "wound" ... it is also the same as some 3bedder with share of 2058 @ $0.14 ..

mshlin
29-01-14, 18:20
I have to pay the lawyer a registration fee on the transfer and mortgage (S$136.6), on top of 6 months' maintenance fee and survey fee.

The lawyer's letter says to instruct bank to release 25% on 5th Feb. so can call HH only from 6th Feb to arrange the key collection.

To collect the key, a copy of a letter (informing TOP) from HH (attached in my lawyer's letter to me), IC, and signed letter regarding shutter bus service are required.
So I assume now you can enter the V with the letter, even not able to collect the key.

CKCPA
29-01-14, 18:59
I think there is an earlier posting that mentioned the enbloc will be same.

you mean you know your maintenance fee the moment you bought your unit?

im disgusted because it is the same as 2 bedders... so does it mean that i got equal share with 2 bedders in enbloc sale?

anyone bought the 484sqft? what is the maintenance fee?

CKCPA
29-01-14, 19:04
Not sure if things have changed but I was turned away even though i have the lawyer's letter and keys collection date is confirmed but a week later.

I have to pay the lawyer a registration fee on the transfer and mortgage (S$136.6), on top of 6 months' maintenance fee and survey fee.

The lawyer's letter says to instruct bank to release 25% on 5th Feb. so can call HH only from 6th Feb to arrange the key collection.

To collect the key, a copy of a letter (informing TOP) from HH (attached in my lawyer's letter to me), IC, and signed letter regarding shutter bus service are required.
So I assume now you can enter the V with the letter, even not able to collect the key.

Sharky
29-01-14, 19:12
Not sure if things have changed but I was turned away even though i have the lawyer's letter and keys collection date is confirmed but a week later.

Yeap. Even if you have the letter, the guard will check if you have an appointment for key collection before allowing you in.

jeremylbt
29-01-14, 19:16

I think you got chopped for the registration fee.

Draven005
29-01-14, 19:55
Howdy Neighbours,

Understand some of us collected keys and rest of them still waiting. Neck long long, eager to get a glimpse of vacanza.

Today is my key collection. Over all experience is good. Noticed that the place has its elegant, quiet scenic spots and also very HDB kinda Carpark. But it's ok because the ambience is definitely close to having a vacation.

Here is a link to my Dropbox where I have placed some photos for your viewing pleasure.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/706t2vkglbu4gnt/fLbwkPWBey

Cheers

chaoren
29-01-14, 21:37

What reason did the security guard give as a reason for not allowing u to go in?

If you already have the developer's letter + show prove that you have paid for the maintenance fees & survey fee (photocopied cashier's orders), just not yet collected keys, it does not seem right if you are not allowed to visit the condo facilities since the start date that you are paying for the maintenance fees has started.

Unless the maintenance fees start from the date you collect the keys and not from the date that developer's lawyer asked for payment (e.g 28 January 2014 for 2nd batch)?

I'm going to try my luck on Chinese New Year 1st day afternoon, hope can get in. :ashamed1:

mshlin
29-01-14, 21:44
I think you got chopped for the registration fee.

why you say so? you don't need pay the lawyer any more, after signing the purchase contract? At that time the bank paid the lawyer fee for me.
Can you share?

Hosay2014
29-01-14, 21:46
Hi all fellow neighbor,

I m newbie in this forum from blk 36, just got a call from my lawyers too!
Btw i have been living in this area for the past 30 years, so i know this area pretty well. Do buzz me if i can assist in navigating in this terrain.

Haha actually it's a lovely neighbor with some hidden food corner around!
Love this place with accessibility to eunos via Jalan Ismail

Lastly gong xi fa cai and wish everyone happy key collection

Draven005
29-01-14, 21:48
This is what happened today. I announced my unit number and mentioned key collection. Guard took out his pocket note and counter checked my unit number. Then he walkie talkie mgt office for permission and the officer must say ok.

Btw, today I saw that a resident had BBQ session yesterday night. Talk about early birds. And also all the facilities (gym, reading room, function room) are accessed by resident cards. Quite cool.

Did anybody else received the resident handbook by email today? If not, please click here.

What reason did the security guard give as a reason for not allowing u to go in?

If you already have the developer's letter + show prove that you have paid for the maintenance fees & survey fee (photocopied cashier's orders), just not yet collected keys, it does not seem right if you are not allowed to visit the condo facilities since the start date that you are paying for the maintenance fees has started.

Unless the maintenance fees start from the date you collect the keys and not from the date that developer's lawyer asked for payment (e.g 28 January 2014 for 2nd batch)?

I'm going to try my luck on Chinese New Year 1st day afternoon, hope can get in. :ashamed1:

mshlin
29-01-14, 22:54
This is what happened today. I announced my unit number and mentioned key collection. Guard took out his pocket note and counter checked my unit number. Then he walkie talkie mgt office for permission and the officer must say ok.

Btw, today I saw that a resident had BBQ session yesterday night. Talk about early birds. And also all the facilities (gym, reading room, function room) are accessed by resident cards. Quite cool.

Did anybody else received the resident handbook by email today? If not, please click here.

I just quickly flipped through the handbook and found that there is $20 charge + S$100 deposit for booking of Karaoke, Theatre, function room, and BBQ pit.
Is this a common practice among condo? I am first timer in condo.:doh:

Sharky
29-01-14, 23:04
I just quickly flipped through the handbook and found that there is $20 charge + S$100 deposit for booking of Karaoke, Theatre, function room, and BBQ pit.

Yeap, it's pretty common.

musras
29-01-14, 23:08

There was no admin fee at my previous condo.
Gym opening hours start at 7am... People actually go to the gym early in the morning before going to the office. 7am is a bit too late.
Every unit is allowed 1 car only... So where do people park their 2nd car?

cvincent
29-01-14, 23:39
you mean you know your maintenance fee the moment you bought your unit?

im disgusted because it is the same as 2 bedders... so does it mean that i got equal share with 2 bedders in enbloc sale?

anyone bought the 484sqft? what is the maintenance fee?

urs is 484sqft type A1 i presume. 1715 share value so 240$ before gst. not the same as 2 bedder;)

my agent provided me with a factsheet

jeremylbt
29-01-14, 23:46
why you say so? you don't need pay the lawyer any more, after signing the purchase contract? At that time the bank paid the lawyer fee for me.
Can you share?

I did not pay the lawyer a single cent after purchase.

cvincent
29-01-14, 23:50

same here chaoren. am thinking to go first day cny and check it out w/o key appt

cvincent
29-01-14, 23:54
Can you share?

not sure y but i paid one time payment to lawyer and law firm bao ga liao. mayb cos u got privi that bank paid bulk of lawyer fee for u? but small fees u still have to pay? just guessing:confused:

mak17
30-01-14, 00:25
Be careful on paying maintenance fee argument. The letter states date of key collection or 12 Feb which ever is earlier

Astreal16
30-01-14, 08:04
I did not pay the lawyer a single cent after purchase.

I also didn't pay anything extra ... maybe you want to ask your lawyer how come u need to pay this. believe it's something your lawyer / bank didn't waive?

chaoren
30-01-14, 09:52
Be careful on paying maintenance fee argument. The letter states date of key collection or 12 Feb which ever is earlier

Thanks, I overlooked that clause of term 8.

Now I get it, maintenance fees start either on the 15th day (will be 11 February 2014 for me) from developer's lawyer notice (e.g 28 January 2014) or the date of key collection depending on whichever is earlier.

No wonder the security guard has the rights to refuse us the entry to the condo.:tongue3:

I read Draven005's resident handbook and find it very unusual why we have to pay $20 admin fee to use the BBQ Pit?

In my other private apt, we only need to place a refundable deposit, they do not charge any fees to use the BBQ pit.

jeremylbt
30-01-14, 10:21
Can i check with those who have collected keys, are you given the car transponder or you have to apply for it and given subsequently?

cdrum
30-01-14, 10:25
Page 57 of the handbook:

LIST OF ALTERATION AND ADDITION (A&A) WORKS NOT ALLOWED before the issuance of Certificate of Statutory Completion (CSC):
- demolition of existing internal partition wall;

Sorry to those of your who want to remove walls :(

I suppose this is more for the 1 year warranty period - would get complicated if the interior walls were removed i imagine.

Sharky
30-01-14, 12:27
Can i check with those who have collected keys, are you given the car transponder or you have to apply for it and given subsequently?

Electronic gantry not activated yet.
Transponder is given within the package together with key collection
You need to submit a form together with your proof of ownership (download from onemotoring) and your IC.

I have done so but no further news after this.
Not sure whether they'll issue any car park label.

Hope this helps.

Sharky
30-01-14, 12:38
What kind of laundry system will be allowed for installation.

http://www.tame.com.sg

http://www.ezziliving.com/?page_id=6

gk
30-01-14, 12:48
What kind of laundry system will be allowed for installation.

http://www.tame.com.sg

http://www.ezziliving.com/?page_id=6

Yes, I am concerned about this too! Does the unit come with installed laundry systems?

cdrum
30-01-14, 12:49
Happy new year fellow neighbors! It was just after Chinese New Year 3 long years ago that we bought our condo. Now we'll finally be able to step foot into it, after CNY this year!

Sharky
30-01-14, 12:56
Yes, I am concerned about this too! Does the unit come with installed laundry systems?

Nope.
Kitchen too small to have a dryer.
Now limited to Thomson, Bosch or Candy slim type washers

cdrum
30-01-14, 13:15
Nope.
Kitchen too small to have a dryer.
Now limited to Thomson, Bosch or Candy slim type washers

What about stacking them in the outdoor area off the kitchen?

cvincent
30-01-14, 13:31
Happy new year fellow neighbors! It was just after Chinese New Year 3 long years ago that we bought our condo. Now we'll finally be able to step foot into it, after CNY this year!

Happy CNY to All! :cheers1:

btw does any one who has collected keys has estimate dimensions of the space for fridge & washer for 2 bedder please? :o

Draven005
30-01-14, 13:42
No admin fee at my previous condo too. My guess is mgt wants to collect funds to build up sinking funds. It is a big compound with many facilities. All need money to be maintained. Yesterday I saw only one cleaning Aunty during collection and I hope she can manage by herself!

Gym - same timing as previous condo.

Parking - mgt office says currently only 7 lots allocated for visitors while every unit is entitled to one lot. Owners with more than one car have to wait longer until mgt is sure of the occupancy of the condo before they decide how to allocate the un-utilized lots. Previous condo - they allocate the un-utilized lots by balloting. Forgot how frequent already. Could be once a year. Those who ballot but din get have to park at adjacent HDB car parks.

There was no admin fee at my previous condo.
Gym opening hours start at 7am... People actually go to the gym early in the morning before going to the office. 7am is a bit too late.
Every unit is allowed 1 car only... So where do people park their 2nd car?

Draven005
30-01-14, 13:48
I cannot answer for the mgt office but from experience, the hardware must be approved by mgt office. Criteria expected to be mounted on the inside of your unit, non obstructive to maintenance work and non noisy. These are my assumptions.

Invisible grill is most likely to be allowed. Solar film allowed but non reflective. Visible grills must be approved design - leaf shaped as per hand book.

Yesterday the swimming pool is closed for testing. Wonder when it will be ready as I want to swim!

cdrum
30-01-14, 13:49
Parking - mgt office says currently only 7 lots allocated for visitors while every unit is entitled to one lot. Owners with more than one car have to wait longer until mgt is sure of the occupancy of the condo before they decide how to allocate the un-utilized lots. Previous condo - they allocate the un-utilized lots by balloting. Forgot how frequent already. Could be once a year. Those who ballot but din get have to park at adjacent HDB car parks.

Huh? I thought the multi story was for visitors? 7 spots only for visitors is ridiculous, no?

Sharky
30-01-14, 13:52
What about stacking them in the outdoor area off the kitchen?

2 bedroom, no yard.
Only outdoor area, air con ledge = no
Balcony = ugly

Draven005
30-01-14, 13:54
Ridiculous lah. But the developer went ahead anyway.

It is a common problem among the newer condos.

The developer is banking hard that some of the residents do not drive and so this means some spare lots for visitors.

Huh? I thought the multi story was for visitors? 7 spots only for visitors is ridiculous, no?

cdrum
30-01-14, 13:55
2 bedroom, no yard.
Only outdoor area, air con ledge = no
Balcony = ugly

Oh! :( bummer

cdrum
30-01-14, 13:56
Ridiculous lah. But the developer went ahead anyway.

It is a common problem among the newer condos.

The developer is banking hard that some of the residents do not drive and so this means some spare lots for visitors.

I wonder what HH's profit will end up being...

cvincent
30-01-14, 14:34
I wonder what HH's profit will end up being...

shud be at least a long fleet of lambos speeding up and down msia's ns highway :D

Sharky
30-01-14, 16:27
http://www.sweethome3d.com

You can work out a 3D plan with this free software.
Need some time to figure out how to use it though.
Happy CNY.

mshlin
30-01-14, 18:51
I also didn't pay anything extra ... maybe you want to ask your lawyer how come u need to pay this. believe it's something your lawyer / bank didn't waive?

I looked back to the loan contract. the bank only provide $2500 for legal fee. any extra shall be borne by the borrower. but no details is given, so don't know what should be included and what is not. and dunt know if $2500 is real not sufficient to cover all legal cost.:simmering:
call the lawyer firm to ask and the answer is this is their practice. Dam**, what practice???

EL_
30-01-14, 18:54
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/s6edwkee9p8fiqw/5V3p5gUh_d?n=262472732

:D:D:D

mshlin
30-01-14, 18:57

Thanks for so many photos!:cheers4:

BTW, happy lunar new year to all Vacanzers!

cdrum
30-01-14, 19:06

Thank you!

Astreal16
30-01-14, 19:24
I looked back to the loan contract. the bank only provide $2500 for legal fee. any extra shall be borne by the borrower. but no details is given, so don't know what should be included and what is not. and dunt know if $2500 is real not sufficient to cover all legal cost.:simmering:
call the lawyer firm to ask and the answer is this is their practice. Dam**, what practice???

Strange man.. U seem to be the only one with this additional fee..

Anyhow, happy new year to all too!!! Let's all be happy neighbors!

Newbie234
30-01-14, 23:41
Strange man.. U seem to be the only one with this additional fee..

Anyhow, happy new year to all too!!! Let's all be happy neighbors!

Happy horse year to all neighbors! 恭喜发财!

jeremylbt
31-01-14, 01:02

I don think its a standard practice.... Maybe only their law firm. Think biz has been poor for them I suppose...

cdrum
31-01-14, 08:00
I don think its a standard practice.... Maybe only their law firm. Think biz has been poor for them I suppose...

Weird. our loan is with DBS, and when we were discussing lawyers, the loan officer asked us if we had a preferred lawyer, and not dealing with lawyers that often, we said no! so DBS recommended our law firm and said they work with them a lot, and they will negotiate to ensure (my word, not theirs, but that was the impression I got) that the lawyer fee wouldn't go above the subsidy from the loan, 2.5k. but then again, that was verbal assurance, so I suppose it is possible for our lawyer to request more money, but it hasn't happened yet.

Akira Fudou
31-01-14, 08:01
beside the maintenance fee, anyone paid for survey fees to the developers?

cdrum
31-01-14, 08:41

We were required to supply 2 cheques in order to schedule for key collection. 1 being the 6 months maintenance fee, and the 2nd being our share of the survey fee (the amount would be outlined in the letter the developer would send you via your lawyer informing of TOP and key collection process)

chaoren
31-01-14, 10:45

Yup, its a standard practise.

I already handled the cashier's orders to lawyer on 29 January 2014.
I hope to secure an appointment for next Thursday (hopefully still got slot)!

31-01-14, 11:09
hi guys. gong xi fa cai. I would like to know is there any bins for burning incense papers. its my frist time moving to condo.

smallant
31-01-14, 11:24
this place easy to rent out ??

mak17
31-01-14, 13:51
Thanks for detailed photos

Gong Xi Fa Cai to all the neighbours

teobryan
31-01-14, 14:55
Thanks for detailed photos

Gong Xi Fa Cai to all the neighbours

Thanks for the photos!
May our new apts bring Wealth/Health to all at VE....
GONG XI FA CAI to all!!!

Sharky
31-01-14, 22:14
The manual to the Video intercom system

http://www.fermax.com/qr/smile/PU01027_SMILE_BASIC_ING.pdf

chaoren
01-02-14, 11:16

I have double checked with some relatives yesterday about booking condo facilities such as BBQ pit, function room and so forth.

It is NOT a common practise to pay "administrative fee" for every booking.

Seems many of us are paying at least $308 per month for maintenance fee which is relatively high compared to other condos of same size but yet we do not get to enjoy all facilities without paying $20 each time. :simmering:

And further if we were to cancel the booking for unforeseen circumstances, we do not get the $20 refunded.

Those who agree with me that this is not acceptable, should voice out to call Corporate Real Estate Management Services & Resource Centre Pte Ltd at 67330448 or email [email protected] to highlight on it.

Otherwise, we should consider requesting the developer to change the managing agent.

Full list of MAs at: http://www.apfm.org.sg/sub/AMA_List.htm

cdrum
01-02-14, 14:15
Those who agree with me that this is not acceptable, should voice out to call Corporate Real Estate Management Services & Resource Centre Pte Ltd at 67330448 or email [email protected] to highlight on it.

Otherwise, we should consider requesting the developer to change the managing agent.

I'm not a big fan of this either. Certainly if they don't change their rules, come 1 year anniversary when we form our own management council and boot these fellas out. (assuming the math works out - perhaps our condo is more expensive than average to maintain, and this is a way to subsidize the cost so the monthly fees won't be too high?)

jeremylbt
01-02-14, 14:15
I have double checked with some relatives yesterday about booking condo facilities such as BBQ pit, function room and so forth.

It is NOT a common practise to pay "administrative fee" for every booking.

Seems many of us are paying at least $308 per month for maintenance fee which is relatively high compared to other condos of same size but yet we do not get to enjoy all facilities without paying $20 each time. :simmering:

And further if we were to cancel the booking for unforeseen circumstances, we do not get the $20 refunded.

There is good and bad points on the $20 admin fee.

The good thing is it prevents people from booking without the real need of it.

The bad thing is, why are we paying to use our own facilities when we are already paying maintenance for it?

Anyways I think it's ok cos I don't think we use the BBQ pit, Ktv room and the function room often.

Francis Woo
01-02-14, 14:58
Today is open house. Those who previously could not get in without an appointment can do so now!. Just waive to the security guards and drive straight in.
Here are some shots at the site..
Unit door entrance..http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm144/franciswookimleong/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG20140201134936_zpsqov95oo8.jpg
Ground floor with PES..http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm144/franciswookimleong/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG20140201134853_zps5wosgkau.jpg
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm144/franciswookimleong/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG20140201135025_zpsd8mvihsi.jpg
Playground/BB area..
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm144/franciswookimleong/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG20140201135128_zpsxvv1vvzp.jpg
Main pool cabana areas...http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm144/franciswookimleong/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG20140201140024_zpsqucplr1q.jpghttp://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm144/franciswookimleong/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG20140201135726_zpsyfhuqpze.jpg

cdrum
01-02-14, 15:09
Today is open house. Those who previously could not get in without an appointment can do so now!. Just waive to the security guards and drive straight in.

Seriously?

Francis Woo
01-02-14, 15:10
Yes, I just came back from there. Quite a number of parties viewing the site too!

dexterchua88
01-02-14, 15:37
I only have one problem. It's the area for the refrigerator. With a depth of only 60cm, not much selections! :cool:

Francis Woo
01-02-14, 15:48
I assume that you won't be able to fit in double door fridge!

What's the area like for the fridge - L x H x D?

Tks

cdrum
01-02-14, 15:58
I only have one problem. It's the area for the refrigerator. With a depth of only 60cm, not much selections! :cool:

What type do you have? Bx? Cx? other?

dexterchua88
01-02-14, 16:03
The problem is that the depth from wall to door frame is 59cm. That is about the depth of a small refrigerator at around 54cm. Normal ones start from 65cm and above. The width is ok. So if I get the normal ones, the refrigerator will eat about 10cm or more into the entrance to the kitchen.

Neekon
01-02-14, 16:53
The problem is that the depth from wall to door frame is 59cm. That is about the depth of a small refrigerator at around 54cm. Normal ones start from 65cm and above. The width is ok. So if I get the normal ones, the refrigerator will eat about 10cm or more into the entrance to the kitchen.

for a depth of 59cm, you can't find a model that is a decent family fridge at all. Best Denki, Courts, Harvey Norman alike, I have not seen a model so far. but still, I think it's not as bad though it "eat" into the kitchen entrance.

Jellybean
01-02-14, 18:26
Yes, I just came back from there. Quite a number of parties viewing the site too!

I just came back from there but was not allowed to go in!:-(

mak17
01-02-14, 18:38
Thanks I was planning to go....you saved my trip

Francis Woo
01-02-14, 18:57

Strange! Did you drive or walk in?

Draven005
01-02-14, 20:07
I was there this afternoon (my key collection is done). Just read the unit number to the guard and he waved me and my relatives' cars in.

Swimming pool still under maintenance. Sigh.

Unit door entrance..http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm144/franciswookimleong/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG20140201134936_zpsqov95oo8.jpg
Ground floor with PES..http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm144/franciswookimleong/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG20140201134853_zps5wosgkau.jpg
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm144/franciswookimleong/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG20140201135025_zpsd8mvihsi.jpg
Playground/BB area..
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm144/franciswookimleong/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG20140201135128_zpsxvv1vvzp.jpg
Main pool cabana areas...http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm144/franciswookimleong/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG20140201140024_zpsqucplr1q.jpghttp://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm144/franciswookimleong/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG20140201135726_zpsyfhuqpze.jpg

Jellybean
01-02-14, 22:59
Strange! Did you drive or walk in?

I drove there and the security guard said that there is no open house today and we need to collect the key before entering.:rolleyes:

mshlin
02-02-14, 08:37
I drove there and the security guard said that there is no open house today and we need to collect the key before entering.:rolleyes:

The guard is not really doing his job!:tongue3:

Francis Woo
02-02-14, 08:39
I will go today and see whether the security will stop me or not!

chaoren
02-02-14, 08:56
Anybody care to PM me your unit number who has collected your keys so I can go in today? Thanks.

Jellybean
02-02-14, 10:19
I will go today and see whether the security will stop me or not!

Please let me know if you can enter and I will try again, thanks.

Francis Woo
02-02-14, 17:41
I drove in and stop at the guard house and told them that I am going to my block and the unit number. They waved me in!:ashamed1:

chaoren
02-02-14, 17:47
I drove in and stop at the guard house and told them that I am going to my block and the unit number. They waved me in!:ashamed1:

:eek:
Maybe because you are a property agent or did u give him an ang pow? :scared-2:

mak17
02-02-14, 18:08
Anyone from Batch 2 collected there key?

Francis Woo
02-02-14, 19:37
:eek:
Maybe because you are a property agent or did u give him an ang pow? :scared-2:

Haha, neither! Guess I look decent and honest to them!:ashamed1:

Blacknight
02-02-14, 21:11
I guess many of us are so eager to look at our unit that we forgot we have been shortchanged by the developer.

1) At the show flat and in the brochure, the marble floor in the living room was beige in colour and well polished to shiny (the sales jargon was "what you see is what you get"), the actual marble floor in the unit is WHITE and DULL.

2) At the show flat and in the brochure, the wooden floor was constructed with longer and broader slabs of wood (new design), the actual wooden floor in the unit is constructed with shorter and narrower slabs of wood (old design).

Of course, I do not think we will have any case to dispute because the sales agreement did not go into the exact description and specification of the materials. I could only consider myself unlucky to trust HH and bought their "HDB look-a-like" project:banghead:

Akira Fudou
02-02-14, 22:35
yup agreed on the marble flooring... total crap

Gobal100
02-02-14, 23:15
Some units will have special marble. Why is that so? They have write in to ask for special and they top up for it.

I have done so for my client that do not want standard unit. Want to be different.

My unit at blk 40 also I also for request and is approved.

Astreal16
03-02-14, 09:12
Some units will have special marble. Why is that so? They have write in to ask for special and they top up for it.

I have done so for my client that do not want standard unit. Want to be different.

What kind of marble did u get after the top up? Care to share? How come nobody gave me that option upon purchase?

mshlin
03-02-14, 09:17
Haha, neither! Guess I look decent and honest to them!:ashamed1:

But 01-09 is in batch 2 and key is not issued. Don't the guards know this?:doh:
or you tell the guards you're owner of blk 46, 48 or 50?

mshlin
03-02-14, 09:28
I have not collected the key yet. But I found the wood from the photo taken by Draven005, is as same as what I saw in show room - long type & maybe 10cm wide.
Not sure if this is correct.
And for the marble floor, some agents' photos on propertyguru also shows distinctive difference to those tile for balcony. very shiny.

Yes the "sales contract" or "specification in brochure" is very generic, not mentioning any technical information of the material used, which is very unfavourable to us.

I guess many of us are so eager to look at our unit that we forgot we have been shortchanged by the developer.

1) At the show flat and in the brochure, the marble floor in the living room was beige in colour and well polished to shiny (the sales jargon was "what you see is what you get"), the actual marble floor in the unit is WHITE and DULL.

2) At the show flat and in the brochure, the wooden floor was constructed with longer and broader slabs of wood (new design), the actual wooden floor in the unit is constructed with shorter and narrower slabs of wood (old design).

Of course, I do not think we will have any case to dispute because the sales agreement did not go into the exact description and specification of the materials. I could only consider myself unlucky to trust HH and bought their "HDB look-a-like" project:banghead:

cdrum
03-02-14, 10:08
I have not collected the key yet. But I found the wood from the photo taken by Draven005, is as same as what I saw in show room - long type & maybe 10cm wide.
Not sure if this is correct.
And for the marble floor, some agents' photos on propertyguru also shows distinctive difference to those tile for balcony. very shiny.

Yes the "sales contract" or "specification in brochure" is very generic, not mentioning any technical information of the material used, which is very unfavourable to us.

Comparing the wood. Draven's photo: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/706t2vkglbu4gnt/NBYPiXF3QG/Photo%2029-1-14%2011%2054%2038%20am.jpg

Attached is the photo of the show flat I took (I think this was the 3 bed unit in the 3rd room that was converted to the living area. I don't know, it kind of looks the same to me?

chaoren
03-02-14, 11:05

:eek: Nobody told me too!

Got photo of the better marble? How much did your client top-up for the better marble flooring?

I plan to renovate the kitchen, I do not like the positioning & the size of the fridge area. Will switch the cabinet & fridge area around. I requested it to developer but was rejected.

CKCPA
03-02-14, 11:18
Hi,

Off day today and doing some desktop research on fridges. Found 3 models which will hopefully fit in the tiny space for the fridge. I think it is fine 1-2 pax. For bigger families, I suspect they will not suffice (if much home cokking is done). I will probably make a trip to check out these models later. Please use info only for reference and double check as well... I maybe wrong and there maybe other models available (for depths > 610)!

LG FRIDGE GRV2523SL - (Width x Height x Depth) 537x 1450 x 571)
LG FRIDGE GRV3023SLC - (Width x Height x Depth) 537x1605x 603)
SHARP FRIDGE SJD26S - (W x H x D): 545 x 1389 x 610)

I don't like any one of them but I doubt I will have much choices.

Gobal100
03-02-14, 11:19
What kind of marble did u get after the top up? Care to share? How come nobody gave me that option upon purchase?

No one will share with you. Unless you are seasoned buyer or you got agent like me that give add value to buyer.

We change whole unit to pure marble. Do not have timber flooring for unit.

A lot of things can be done. Just that need ask for it. ask, it will be given to you.

I also use good lawyer. As I paid the fee. They worked for me.

cdrum
03-02-14, 11:21
No one will share with you. Unless you are seasoned buyer or you got agent like me that give add value to buyer.

A lot of things can be done. Just that need ask for it. ask, it will be given to you.

With all due respect, without evidence of your claims, I find it hard to believe.

Blacknight
03-02-14, 11:24
Comparing the wood. Draven's photo: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/706t2vkglbu4gnt/NBYPiXF3QG/Photo%2029-1-14%2011%2054%2038%20am.jpg

Attached is the photo of the show flat I took (I think this was the 3 bed unit in the 3rd room that was converted to the living area. I don't know, it kind of looks the same to me?

Sorry my bad on the wooden floor, the picture I saw was close up shot. The key difference was the marble floor.

Blacknight
03-02-14, 11:27
With all due respect, without evidence of your claims, I find it hard to believe.

You're so wise, Never trust any property agent:cheers5:

mak17
03-02-14, 11:33
To me it looks the same except the polish or finishing is different

leesg123
03-02-14, 11:48
remember to claim your property tax from developer. For the period from TOP to your key collection date. Through your lawyer.

gk
03-02-14, 12:06
remember to claim your property tax from developer. For the period from TOP to your key collection date. Through your lawyer.

Ohhh ... what is this tax claim about?
Care to share more detailed procedure or info or figures for the rest of us?

thanks ..

chaoren
03-02-14, 12:11

I agree with you. I do not believe Gobal100 as well.

My lawyer did send request to change flooring for bedrooms to be same as living room but was rejected too.

Developer said that we need to get our own interior designer to do it after getting our keys, they will not entertain any request to make any modifications.

Thanks leesg123, I didn't know we can claim property tax from the developer.

By the way, have a look at this news:
http://www.tnp.sg/content/next-door-netbour

I hope that I can make some good & friendly neighbors from here.

cdrum
03-02-14, 12:12

Hi, thanks for highlighting this.

I checked my sales and purchase agreement, and they don't mention the TOP, but the Receipt of the Notice of Vacant Possession.:

"Where any property tax and other outgoings levied in respect to the Unit before the date of receipt of the Notice of Vacant Possession have been paid by the Purchaser, the Vendor must on demand reimburse the Purchaser for all such property tax and outgoings apportioned up to (and including) that date".

I'm not a lawyer, but I interpret that as any tax we are asked to pay up to the date of us receiving the notice of vacant possession (which we received last week), then we can claim a reimbursement up to that date. Not the date of key collection.

Is there something in the books that supersede that S&P clause? So perhaps we can still claim something, but it depends what IRAS finally assesses us. I checked my IRAS account and haven't seen any notices yet. When would we be assessed property tax?

Thanks

cdrum
03-02-14, 12:14
I hope that I can make some good & friendly neighbors from here.

I'll try to be good and friendly ;-)

leesg123
03-02-14, 13:05

I checked my sales and purchase agreement, and they don't mention the TOP, but the Receipt of the Notice of Vacant Possession.:

"Where any property tax and other outgoings levied in respect to the Unit before the date of receipt of the Notice of Vacant Possession have been paid by the Purchaser, the Vendor must on demand reimburse the Purchaser for all such property tax and outgoings apportioned up to (and including) that date".

I'm not a lawyer, but I interpret that as any tax we are asked to pay up to the date of us receiving the notice of vacant possession (which we received last week), then we can claim a reimbursement up to that date. Not the date of key collection.

Is there something in the books that supersede that S&P clause? So perhaps we can still claim something, but it depends what IRAS finally assesses us. I checked my IRAS account and haven't seen any notices yet. When would we be assessed property tax?

ThanksIRAS will start charging you from TOP (Notice of Vacant Possession) date. But the TOP date and collection key date could be a few months apart. hence is still under developer duty to pay the tax. but iras bill owners. so need get reimbursement from developer.

jeremylbt
03-02-14, 13:05

Wilson, why are you so arrogant? He's just asking if you can share the pics. Not as if we never see real marble before.

Gobal100
03-02-14, 13:17
Wilson, why are you so arrogant? He's just asking if you can share the pics. Not as if we never see real marble before.

Maybe the use of words have to be changed.

Most of developer will try to do it. Why? Customer service. Unless they are treated one time customer. No need to do defect maintenance. Only big developer willing to listen to defect even after 1 years or so. I collecting after 6/2/14 for blk 40

cdrum
03-02-14, 13:48
IRAS will start charging you from TOP (Notice of Vacant Possession) date. But the TOP date and collection key date could be a few months apart. hence is still under developer duty to pay the tax. but iras bill owners. so need get reimbursement from developer.

Thanks for the clarification! Makes sense. Will be sure to flag this up to our lawyer (if they don't highlight it to us first)

cdrum
03-02-14, 13:52
Maybe the use of words have to be changed.

Most of developer will try to do it. Why? Customer service. Unless they are treated one time customer. No need to do defect maintenance. Only big developer willing to listen to defect even after 1 years or so. I collecting after 6/2/14 for blk 40

I dunno... Developers building large projects, I would imagine, would prefer not to have all these custom special requests unless the buyer makes it very worth their while. Easier for them to build the cookie-cutter units. Easier for warranty too (every unit has the same expected materials, etc.) Every custom tweak is something the developer needs to worry about on top of the project it self, more unknown issues could occur, thus jeopardizing TOP, thus $$$.

But, I am not from the industry so I don't now for sure - I'm just a lowly first time buyer purchasing for my primary home, not for investment.

Draven005
03-02-14, 14:35
Hi all,

I have uploaded a picture of our Vacanza car label - a rather nice colorful label.

Mgt office update - they have car labels now.

Swimming pool still closed.

Checking for defects now - most unhappy is that I found a chip on my toilet bowl. This may mean major work during bowl.

Comment about security guards - I saw three guards and they look more suntanned than the last time I saw them. I observed that they sat out in the sun in order to stop and check the cars more effectively. However, they are in danger of heat stroke.

Comment from guard about missing main gate - landed owners requested no main gate as this may cause traffic congestion. Woh Hup's stand is let the next mgt com bring this up with LTA.

Cheers.

Howdy Neighbours,

Understand some of us collected keys and rest of them still waiting. Neck long long, eager to get a glimpse of vacanza.

Today is my key collection. Over all experience is good. Noticed that the place has its elegant, quiet scenic spots and also very HDB kinda Carpark. But it's ok because the ambience is definitely close to having a vacation.

Here is a link to my Dropbox where I have placed some photos for your viewing pleasure.

Cheers

Astreal16
03-02-14, 14:45

Ya, just wanted to know how the top up changes looks like, colour and all.

When I went to pay for the maintenance fee, lawyers didn't mention anything about property tax refund either...

gk
03-02-14, 15:03
IRAS will start charging you from TOP (Notice of Vacant Possession) date. But the TOP date and collection key date could be a few months apart. hence is still under developer duty to pay the tax. but iras bill owners. so need get reimbursement from developer.

Thanks for giving the heads up for this .. will ask my lawyer about this!

Anyway .. folks, I saw our "Vacanza" bus on the road already! Was a nice surprise to spot it .. its in "jungle green" colour with the Condo name on it - a 12seater private bus! Could not take any picture coz I am on the wheels.

jeremylbt
03-02-14, 15:31

Anyway .. folks, I saw our "Vacanza" bus on the road already! Was a nice surprise to spot it .. its in "jungle green" colour with the Condo name on it - a 12seater private bus! Could not take any picture coz I am on the wheels.

12-seater where got enuff ???

chaoren
03-02-14, 16:32

12-seaters bus for a start is acceptable to me for short distance.

Did u check how many minutes intervals? Is it open to residents' guests too?
I hope it runs from around 6am to 12am daily just like the MRT!

SGK73
03-02-14, 16:42
12 seaters not enough for peak hours.
Disappointed with the fridge size.

Dennise.ardi
03-02-14, 16:58
Any recommendations for lights, solar film and curtains?

Do we need written consent from developer prior to installing them?

Cheers,
Dennise

cdrum
03-02-14, 17:08

So the developer claims they are providing the bus free of charge for up to 15 months or so. (I like the "up to", actually means nothing). Any way, I wonder how it will be funded, out of HH's pocket, or out of the management fee we're paying. (If it's the later, then not so"doc")...

tiger&pooh
03-02-14, 17:40

How to claim property tax from developer? Can you share please?

musras
03-02-14, 17:51
Since the marble floor is not polished, anyone getting a company to polish your floor?

Sharky
03-02-14, 18:10
Main door key needs to be passed to ID.

Security wise, feel that there is a need to change the lock after renovation as there is no temp lock solution like HDB.

Suggestion anyone?

chaoren
03-02-14, 18:10
12 seaters not enough for peak hours.
Disappointed with the fridge size.

If so, we can put in the request to the developer later for 2 buses to run co-currently during peak hours instead of 1 bus.

dexterchua88
03-02-14, 18:19
for a depth of 59cm, you can't find a model that is a decent family fridge at all. Best Denki, Courts, Harvey Norman alike, I have not seen a model so far. but still, I think it's not as bad though it "eat" into the kitchen entrance.

This is what I meant. I need a fridge for a family of 6. The current one I am using is around 70cm depth. If I use the current one, it will eat into the kitchen entrance.

http://s18.postimg.org/f0lg0zl85/DSC08968.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/f0lg0zl85/)

http://s18.postimg.org/rdya7wawl/DSC08969.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/rdya7wawl/)

http://s18.postimg.org/5wn10jjn9/DSC08970.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/5wn10jjn9/)

I have also done my defect checking. More than 40s, cracks, chips, dents, rough edges, different tones of tiles, shaky glass panels and etc....:D
Going to be interesting to see how they are going to rectify them.

cdrum
03-02-14, 18:41
This is what I meant. I need a fridge for a family of 6. The current one I am using is around 70cm depth. If I use the

Thanks for the photo. Helpful!

What unit type do you have? Bx? Cx?

dexterchua88
03-02-14, 18:53
Thanks for the photo. Helpful!

What unit type do you have? Bx? Cx?

Mine's a Cx....:ashamed1:

cdrum
03-02-14, 19:14
Mine's a Cx....:ashamed1:

Thanks. So appears we'll all have to deal with the fridge issue. ahem.

dexterchua88
03-02-14, 19:31
Thanks. So appears we'll all have to deal with the fridge issue. ahem.

Yes, that's right. I do have an idea. That's to shift the cabinets from left to right and move the fridge near the entrance to the yard. However, that will cost extra money just to rectify the problem. Most likely, I might just buy a small fridge+freezer or just live with it.....:rolleyes:

Sharky
03-02-14, 19:39
Trying it organize a group buy for more discount.
PM me if interested.

Condition - must install on the same day, Saturday.
Installation time: Around 20 mins
Need at least 5 nos.

http://www.yaleasia.com/en/yale/yale-asia/ProductsDB/?groupId=291&productId=10537

Video
http://youtu.be/zrJnSoRWMFU

dexterchua88
03-02-14, 19:44
I hope you folks will like the updates at night....;)

http://s26.postimg.org/nwhgrun1h/DSC08726_Large.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/nwhgrun1h/)

http://s26.postimg.org/t475a1t0l/DSC08733_Large.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/t475a1t0l/)

http://s26.postimg.org/bvw0r4fmt/DSC08740_Large.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/bvw0r4fmt/)

http://s26.postimg.org/aeakfkaw5/DSC08741_Large.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/aeakfkaw5/)

http://s26.postimg.org/v4t3h4zs5/DSC08745_Large.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/v4t3h4zs5/)

http://s26.postimg.org/ylv5k3yud/DSC08747_Large.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/ylv5k3yud/)

http://s26.postimg.org/ev2xe8p45/DSC08754_Large.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/ev2xe8p45/)

http://s26.postimg.org/4c7j2tbtx/DSC08755_Large.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/4c7j2tbtx/)

http://s26.postimg.org/xsn558i79/DSC08759_Large.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/xsn558i79/)

http://s26.postimg.org/5kveog3s5/DSC08766_Large.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/5kveog3s5/)

http://s26.postimg.org/5tszedgkl/DSC08767_Large.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/5tszedgkl/)

http://s26.postimg.org/7f8966qsl/DSC08768_Large.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/7f8966qsl/)

http://s26.postimg.org/4wmk5i52d/DSC08770_Large.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/4wmk5i52d/)

http://s26.postimg.org/ro085nfhh/DSC08772_Large.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/ro085nfhh/)

http://s26.postimg.org/lqwcotycl/DSC08774_Large.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/lqwcotycl/)

http://s26.postimg.org/4g5xwt6p1/DSC08781_Large.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/4g5xwt6p1/)

Astreal16
03-02-14, 20:54
PM me if interested.

Need at least 5 nos.

http://www.yaleasia.com/en/yale/yale-asia/ProductsDB/?groupId=291&productId=10537

Video

How much does it cost and approx when are u planning to install it?

jeremylbt
03-02-14, 21:09
PM me if interested.

Need at least 5 nos.

Video

Advise u to install after renovation, if any. Else ur contractor will sure mishandle it and ur digital lock will be "cui" in no time.

Sharky
03-02-14, 21:16
Advise u to install after renovation, if any. Else ur contractor will sure mishandle it and ur digital lock will be "cui" in no time.

Thanks for advice.

I will change the dead bolt lock after reno.
Install the digital lock after reno.

Cheers.

mustafa
04-02-14, 07:29
Hello Vacanza owners, I have also collected keys and found some defects which have been reported to the management. I was told defect list rectification can take about 2 - 3 weeks only thereafter we can start the renovation works.

My advise is to give the defect list as soon as possible in order for you all to start your renovation.

Now i am only having trouble for the fridge as mine is also 59 cm width. If you have any European fridge models recommendations please do post it here for all.

Another good thing I have noticed is that seems all the neighbors are friendly with a warm smile. This is encouraging for a happy conducive environment.

cdrum
04-02-14, 07:34
Hello Vacanza owners, I have also collected keys and found some defects which have been reported to the management. I was told defect list rectification can take about 2 - 3 weeks only thereafter we can start the renovation works.

My advise is to give the defect list as soon as possible in order for you all to start your renovation.

Now i am only having trouble for the fridge as mine is also 59 cm width. If you have any European fridge models recommendations please do post it here for all.

Another good thing I have noticed is that seems all the neighbors are friendly with a warm smile. This is encouraging for a happy conducive environment.

Thanks for the info. is painting and light installation considered "renovation"?

mustafa
04-02-14, 07:42
Thanks for the info. is painting and light installation considered "renovation"?

Not sure about that.but painting and installation of lights seems like minor works. But look out for hairline cracks on the wall. sometimes due to the white paint we may have missed out small details like this.

jeremylbt
04-02-14, 08:09
For those who have been to the basement carpark, can check if the basement carpark can directly access the lift lobby of blk 40?

Blacknight
04-02-14, 08:24
For those who have been to the basement carpark, can check if the basement carpark can directly access the lift lobby of blk 40?

Yes, it's a dark corner after the B2 car park where all our mailboxes are.

If I am not mistaken, the access is only for Blk 40 to 50 only.

Blacknight
04-02-14, 08:37
PM me if interested.

Need at least 5 nos.

Video

How much is the normal price and how much is the group buy? Thanks.

dell1000
04-02-14, 08:47
I am eager to collect the keys in this week.
anybody has the defect checking list for reference ? Thanks a lot.

Blacknight
04-02-14, 08:58
PM me if interested.

Need at least 5 nos.

Video

My direct contact at Yale is:

Email: [email protected]
Hp: 97399066
Name: Andriy

CKCPA
04-02-14, 09:07
A friend shared with me a document list but as I don't know how to attach the document here, I have cut and paste the text. Yay! Collecting keys tomorrow and will be bringing my group of experts (friends who are architect and/or seasoned condo stayers) to my unit again later... they will definitely have a sharper eye than me to detect defects.

Is there any water seepage on the walls
Is the window screw properly tighten.
Is the window screw rusty or is any screw missing?
Is the window locks properly installed?
Can the key for the lock the correct key?
Can your windows open and close smoothly?
Is there any screeching sound?
Is there any rusty part on the frame, hinge or lock etc.?
Is there any chipping off or scratches on the glass panel?
Are you able to open the door and gate with the keys?
Is there any loose mechanism on the door and gate?
Does the door lock and knob look old?
Is the door lock and knob defective?
Is the door and gate properly align?
Is the door and gate hinge rusty?
Is there any rusty part on the gate frame?
Can the doors open and close smoothly?
Is the door magnets old or moldy?
Can the door magnet stick properly?
Is the doorbell working?
Is the doorbell switch defective and properly installed?
Is the main door "see through hole" properly installed?
Can you see clearly with the main door "see through hole"?
Is there any wall lines, cracks or hairline cracks?
Is there and crack on the ceiling?
(visit your flat on rainy day to check)
Is the SCV outlet old or moldy?
Is there and crack etc on the Telephone outlet?
Is the telephone outlet old or moldy
Is there and crack etc on the SCV outlet?

I am eager to collect the keys in this week.
anybody has the defect checking list for reference ? Thanks a lot.

dell1000
04-02-14, 09:12
Thanks very much, It is quite detailed.

A friend shared with me a document list but as I don't know how to attach the document here, I have cut and paste the text. Yay! Collecting keys tomorrow and will be bringing my group of experts (friends who are architect and/or seasoned condo stayers) to my unit again later... they will definitely have a sharper eye than me to detect defects.

Is there any water seepage on the walls
Is the window screw properly tighten.
Is the window screw rusty or is any screw missing?
Is the window locks properly installed?
Can the key for the lock the correct key?
Can your windows open and close smoothly?
Is there any rusty part on the frame, hinge or lock etc.?
Is there any chipping off or scratches on the glass panel?
Are you able to open the door and gate with the keys?
Is there any loose mechanism on the door and gate?
Does the door lock and knob look old?
Is the door lock and knob defective?
Is the door and gate properly align?
Is the door and gate hinge rusty?
Is there any rusty part on the gate frame?
Can the doors open and close smoothly?
Is the door magnets old or moldy?
Can the door magnet stick properly?
Is the doorbell working?
Is the doorbell switch defective and properly installed?
Is the main door "see through hole" properly installed?
Can you see clearly with the main door "see through hole"?
Is there any wall lines, cracks or hairline cracks?
Is there and crack on the ceiling?
(visit your flat on rainy day to check)
Is the SCV outlet old or moldy?
Is there and crack etc on the Telephone outlet?
Is the telephone outlet old or moldy
Is there and crack etc on the SCV outlet?

mshlin
04-02-14, 10:28
I have checked with the lawyer. It's confirmed that we can only claim the tax from TOP date (08Jan) to the date the letter sent from HH, for me it's 28 Jan.

Thanks

Newbie234
04-02-14, 10:30
Thanks CKCPA, the list is really detailed. Will check for defects this Sat while waiting for SP Services to turn on the electricity & water. Very tedious for 1 person, will try to get extra pairs of eyes to check!

mshlin
04-02-14, 12:12
Do you need to show any proof you are the owner to turn on the electricity and water?
I may collect the key in next week but it take some days to turn on the utilities. I expect to apply for it early so I will have electricity and water to check.

Thanks CKCPA, the list is really detailed. Will check for defects this Sat while waiting for SP Services to turn on the electricity & water. Very tedious for 1 person, will try to get extra pairs of eyes to check!

Newbie234
04-02-14, 12:17
Do you need to show any proof you are the owner to turn on the electricity and water?
I may collect the key in next week but it take some days to turn on the utilities. I expect to apply for it early so I will have electricity and water to check.

I bought my TOP letter as proof to apply for the activation, was at the Sommerset customer center yesterday and managed to confirm appointment on the spot. You can do it online as well but it will take 3 working days to process I think.

cdrum
04-02-14, 12:58
I have checked with the lawyer. It's confirmed that we can only claim the tax from TOP date (08Jan) to the date the letter sent from HH, for me it's 28 Jan.

:doh: So these coupe of weeks since the letter until I actually get my key, I pay. grrr

Thanks for confirming.

SGK73
04-02-14, 13:06
24 seaters. Must show resident card. Off peak interval 1 hr. Peak interval 45 min

SGK73
04-02-14, 13:14
Time table for your reference

cdrum
04-02-14, 14:11

What does 8-m End mean at Kembangan? Does it mean it doesn't take people who pick it up at 8pm back to Vacanza?!

Timing not so convenient.

dell1000
04-02-14, 15:06

Thanks for your information.

The shuttle bus service totally no use, how can I wait 1 hour to wait for the bus.
I see the shuttle bus service of the condo near my house is around 10 mins to mrt.

For me, if a bus service frequence is 1 hour, normally I will ignore it.

jeremylbt
04-02-14, 15:18
Thanks for your information.

The shuttle bus service totally no use, how can I wait 1 hour to wait for the bus.
I see the shuttle bus service of the condo near my house is around 10 mins to mrt.

For me, if a bus service frequence is 1 hour, normally I will ignore it.

This is a better timetable as follows:

http://www.lilydale.com.sg/about_us_pub.php

I think it's good enuff to ferry from Vacanza to Kembangan and back instead of Vacanza, kembangan and bedok. In this way, the frequency can be better improved!

dexterchua88
04-02-14, 15:29
I think it's better Vacanza to Kembangan and back. Since Kembangan has already has a MRT station although I do understand that Bedok has a MRT and bus terminal.

dell1000
04-02-14, 16:05

I think it's good enuff to ferry from Vacanza to Kembangan and back instead of Vacanza, kembangan and bedok. In this way, the frequency can be better improved!
yes, the lilydale shuttle bus service looks better.
If only choose one MRT station, how about bedok?
Since there is more shopping center around bedok mrt, and what's more, in the morning, it is easier to get on mrt in bedok mrt station, and there are more bus services to select in bedok.

From google map, it take 5 mins by car from vacanza to both bedok and kembangan. (although bedok looks a bit far from vacanza).

by the way, anybody know whether we need to pay extra money for shuttle bus after the first 15 months?

SGK73
04-02-14, 16:27
If fr vacanza to bedok, the interval time will still b the same. I rather chose kembangan

chaoren
04-02-14, 16:32
I go with dell1000, only Bedok MRT to improve the intervals from 1 hour to 30 minutes because there is already a bus-stop outside of Vacanza, bus no. 42 which will bring us to Kembangan MRT not Bedok MRT.

Also Sunday Morning service 10am is rather late, it should start at 9am & last trip from Bedok MRT should be 8:30pm daily as people go out to have dinner at 6:30pm and want to take the bus back at 8+pm but the service stops running.

mshlin
04-02-14, 16:35
The timing seems very ridiculous.
If the internal is 45min, I prefer to walk to MRT, which takes me 10min. With 45min I even can walk to Bedok.

To improve the frequency during peak hour, 1. add one more shutter bus; or 2. loop back at Kembangan MRT.

Maybe during weekend and PH, the route can be extended to Bedok for shopping. :)

mshlin
04-02-14, 16:39
No matter wheter to stop at Kembangan MRT or not, the route still have to pass by.

maybe Bus 42 timing even better.:)

I go with dell1000, only Bedok MRT to improve the intervals from 1 hour to 30 minutes because there is already a bus-stop outside of Vacanza, bus no. 42 which will bring us to Kembangan MRT not Bedok MRT.

Also Sunday Morning service 10am is rather late, it should start at 9am & last trip from Bedok MRT should be 8:30pm daily as people go out to have dinner at 6:30pm and want to take the bus back at 8+pm but the service stops running.

jeremylbt
04-02-14, 16:48
Wonder if we will have a website like lilydale to book facilities instead of writing forms?

dell1000
04-02-14, 16:50
No matter wheter to stop at Kembangan MRT or not, the route still have to pass by.

how about the van go to bedok mrt via bedok north ave 1 and chai chee st? looks it only take 10 mins for round way. (ignore waiting time)

anyway, I cannot see there is any meaning to go to kembangan mrt since there is already bus 42(from 6am to 11pm, and 20 mins frequency, http://www.sbstransit.com.sg/transport/trpt_bus_timetable.aspx), or walk in 15 mins(if no rain), both are much better than 1 hour shuttle bus service.

mak17
04-02-14, 17:17
Make complete sense, agree with you

gk
04-02-14, 17:18
24 seaters. Must show resident card. Off peak interval 1 hr. Peak interval 45 min

yes folks .. this is the bus I saw .. its 24 seater? heezz .. sorry for the wrong info earlier! the bus just zoom by ..

actually SBS bus 42 just outside Vacanza to Kembangan MRT may be more convenient! Service Frequency stated 15-19mins. From first bus 0600, last bus 2330 everyday!

http://www.sbstransit.com.sg/transport/trpt_bus_timetable.aspx

As for the Property Tax Rebate matter, the advise from lawyer office is as such. Property Tax will be billed full in our name and we are to make full payment first. After that, submit our proof of payment to lawyer and they will assist us to claim back the Developer's portion.

chaoren
04-02-14, 17:21

Look at this image below then you will understand what I mean.

Lengkong Tujoh -> Jln Selamat -> Jln Sayang -> Sims Ave East -> New Upper Changi Rd -> Bedok North Ave 1 -> Chai Chee St -> Chai Chee Lane -> Senang Cresent ->Jln Senang -> Lengkong Tujoh

The loop distance is only 4.5km which should only take about 10 minutes each way so the round trip will take around 20 minutes.

Hence each interval should be 25 to 30 minutes not 45 minutes.

http://i57.tinypic.com/54hqo6.jpg

mak17
04-02-14, 17:21
Those who have collected the key can you please update if the key collection happens on weekend or weekdays only?

mak17
04-02-14, 17:30
If the meter is outside you don't need to wait there for the appointment, I assume they can come and activate...that's my understanding

I bought my TOP letter as proof to apply for the activation, was at the Sommerset customer center yesterday and managed to confirm appointment on the spot. You can do it online as well but it will take 3 working days to process I think.

Newbie234
04-02-14, 18:18
If the meter is outside you don't need to wait there for the appointment, I assume they can come and activate...that's my understanding

The SP services customer service asked me to be there, the slot allocated to me is between 9am and 10am. Anyway, I plan to be there to check defects, so it's fine. Will update all if physical presence is required.

mak17
04-02-14, 19:07
Thanks Newbie234. Good luck with your search...

The SP services customer service asked me to be there, the slot allocated to me is between 9am and 10am. Anyway, I plan to be there to check defects, so it's fine. Will update all if physical presence is required.

Astreal16
04-02-14, 20:13
The timing seems very ridiculous.
If the internal is 45min, I prefer to walk to MRT, which takes me 10min. With 45min I even can walk to Bedok.

To improve the frequency during peak hour, 1. add one more shutter bus; or 2. loop back at Kembangan MRT.

Maybe during weekend and PH, the route can be extended to Bedok for shopping. :)

I agree with you. We need to increase the number of shuttle buses. Minimally 1 that just loops to and fro kembangan with 15 mins interval and the other can loop to bedok and back via kembangan stop with the 45 min interval. This would at least filter off some of the kembangan crowd from the bedok shuttle. A 24 seater bus at 45 mins interval servicing over 400 units during peak hour seems ridiculous.

cdrum
04-02-14, 20:55
I agree with you. We need to increase the number of shuttle buses. Minimally 1 that just loops to and fro kembangan with 15 mins interval and the other can loop to bedok and back via kembangan stop with the 45 min interval. This would at least filter off some of the kembangan crowd from the bedok shuttle. A 24 seater bus at 45 mins interval servicing over 400 units during peak hour seems ridiculous.

At first I agree. The frequency is pretty lousy. But, if we would request of additional buses or other changes that would cost money, we can all be sure the additional cost would _not_ be borne by HH. It would come out of our management fees. Or worse, per ride fees.

That said, some random thoughts on this...

- I wonder how much the bus will be used? (I haven't lived in a condo yet, so I don't have specific experience with using a Condo's shuttle bus) But those of you who have lived in condos before, are they utilized quite a bit?

- How many of us 473 units have cars and will use the cars as opposed to the buses? The use of cars would reduce the effective population relying on the bus.

- The public SBS bus is very close and has a frequency of 20 minutes (as another poster has mentioned). Franky, IMO, paying the small fee to use the public bus isn't a deal breaker if it's convenient. If we find that we need to wait 30 minutes for the Vacanza bus when the SBS bus is coming in 5 minutes (check Iris), I don't see us being too against the idea of taking the SBS bus every now and then.

- Would we be happy cutting one of the MRT stops? I think that would be the only logical way to increase the frequency without paying extra $$ to add a second bus. And frankly, removing Bedok would allow for the most frequent schedule for us, which I think is what we're wanting especially during peak times, right? Just to cart our lazy butts to the train? ;-) And hopefully by making this change we wouldn't have to fork out more money for additional fuel needs since the bus would only go from point A to B to A, and no point C anymore.

- I wonder if the last bus from Kembangan at 8 will be sufficient. Seems a bit early to me... But, extending the hours would increase cost as it would increase the driver's shift (or even require adding another shift altogether). Are we willing to have some of our management fee go to this additional cost? (Remember, the developer won't pay!)

I think we'll need to see how it goes over the next couple of months. Perhaps management and/or HH would be open to adjusting the routing to allow for an increased frequency without requiring additional funds (i.e. remove Bedok). Anything else is just fantasy I think.

mshlin
04-02-14, 21:04
Must have lah, but maybe at our own cost (management fund).
My friend lives in a condo, where they can book the facilities online.
the current management team seems still live in 1980s.:doh:

Wonder if we will have a website like lilydale to book facilities instead of writing forms?

kelxz
04-02-14, 21:13
i had asked if theres a online website and they said maybe a year later when we have own management team.. so basically is No they dun provide such service

mshlin
04-02-14, 21:19
Please go to the webpage for details.:cheers1:
http://www.singaporepower.com.sg/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/guid/80626757-af6c-2e10-7eb5-8981d180e111?spstab=Our%20Services

Neekon
04-02-14, 21:40
At first I agree. The frequency is pretty lousy. But, if we would request of additional buses or other changes that would cost money, we can all be sure the additional cost would _not_ be borne by HH. It would come out of our management fees. Or worse, per ride fees.

- I wonder how much the bus will be used? (I haven't lived in a condo yet, so I don't have specific experience with using a Condo's shuttle bus) But those of you who have lived in condos before, are they utilized quite a bit?

- How many of us 473 units have cars and will use the cars as opposed to the buses? The use of cars would reduce the effective population relying on the bus.

- The public SBS bus is very close and has a frequency of 20 minutes (as another poster has mentioned). Franky, IMO, paying the small fee to use the public bus isn't a deal breaker if it's convenient. If we find that we need to wait 30 minutes for the Vacanza bus when the SBS bus is coming in 5 minutes (check Iris), I don't see us being too against the idea of taking the SBS bus every now and then.

- Would we be happy cutting one of the MRT stops? I think that would be the only logical way to increase the frequency without paying extra $$ to add a second bus. And frankly, removing Bedok would allow for the most frequent schedule for us, which I think is what we're wanting especially during peak times, right? Just to cart our lazy butts to the train? ;-) And hopefully by making this change we wouldn't have to fork out more money for additional fuel needs since the bus would only go from point A to B to A, and no point C anymore.

- I wonder if the last bus from Kembangan at 8 will be sufficient. Seems a bit early to me... But, extending the hours would increase cost as it would increase the driver's shift (or even require adding another shift altogether). Are we willing to have some of our management fee go to this additional cost? (Remember, the developer won't pay!)

I think we'll need to see how it goes over the next couple of months. Perhaps management and/or HH would be open to adjusting the routing to allow for an increased frequency without requiring additional funds (i.e. remove Bedok). Anything else is just fantasy I think.

cdrum made some good points. I am quite sure that HH is not going to sponsor another bus or even extending beyond current bus-timings; this is sunken cost to them.

I believed that the developer will leave it to the management to manage this, since they are hired to manage the condo. Just like when I asked how can 6 visitor lots serve 473 units? Instead of the developer, it was the management that told me that they will get a sense of number of units owning a car before opening a sector for visitors. More importantly is what the residents as a whole wants before we pitch this to them. For weekdays, I thought in general most would prefer Kembangan as they would rush for work while a group would probably raise their arms for a bus ride to Bedok for shopping during weekends.

PS: Its great to see warm smiles around, Happy Lunar New Year all...

Neekon
04-02-14, 21:43
Please go to the webpage for details.:cheers1:
http://www.singaporepower.com.sg/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/guid/80626757-af6c-2e10-7eb5-8981d180e111?spstab=Our%20Services

Instead of web application and wait for them to call, I did it over the phone and made an appointment for two days later. You would need to be there as you would need to sign a document and submit a copy of your ID. Its pretty fast as the SP technician is virtually around the area or condo.

Neekon
04-02-14, 21:45
Thanks very much, It is quite detailed.

Should look out for chipped corners.. I have a handful of them...

cdrum
04-02-14, 21:45
For weekdays, I thought in general most would prefer Kembangan as they would rush for work while a group would probably raise their arms for a bus ride to Bedok for shopping during weekends.

That's not a bad idea. Weekdays let's focus on getting people to the train quickly (kembangan) and weekends can focus on shopping (Bedok). Certainly something to bring up in a year's time at the first resident's monthly meetings! (unless management would be willing to take this up sooner)

Cowboy
04-02-14, 22:13
Residence of Blk 36 and Blk 38 do not have direct link to basement carpark. Worse still, walkway to carpark is not even covered - even hdb has covered walkway:banghead:

chaoren
04-02-14, 22:45
cdrum made some good points. I am quite sure that HH is not going to sponsor another bus or even extending beyond current bus-timings; this is sunken cost to them.

I believed that the developer will leave it to the management to manage this, since they are hired to manage the condo. Just like when I asked how can 6 visitor lots serve 473 units? Instead of the developer, it was the management that told me that they will get a sense of number of units owning a car before opening a sector for visitors. More importantly is what the residents as a whole wants before we pitch this to them. For weekdays, I thought in general most would prefer Kembangan as they would rush for work while a group would probably raise their arms for a bus ride to Bedok for shopping during weekends.

PS: Its great to see warm smiles around, Happy Lunar New Year all...

Actually what attracted me to buy a unit here is partially because it provides free shuttle bus to Bedok MRT not Kembangan MRT and the idea of 365 days of resort living.

I don't see shuttle bus to Kembangan MRT more important than Bedok MRT since SBS Bus 42 is already running every 15 to 30 minutes or u can even walk there using short-cuts in just 10 minutes. Its just duplicating the service to have more buses to Kembangan MRT. Most people do not stop their journey at Kembangan MRT, they still need to tap their ezlink card on another bus or MRT to go else where.

They do not have to pay multiple fares on each bus as using ezlink card, it deduct based on the starting point and ending point of the whole journey instead which means more worth for travelling long distances as long tapping in/out is within 30 minutes from each other.

However for family members who are not working / schooling on certain weekdays or are retired, do also think on their point of view.

If they want to go to Bedok central to have breakfast or lunch or dinner at the hawker centre or shop at wet/supermarket or to see the doctor or do some banking, see how much inconvenient would it be for them if no direct bus to Bedok MRT on a weekday? If everyone waits till Saturday morning before doing their supermarket shopping etc, the bus would be overcrowded too. They also need to pay higher bus fare for short distance and much more time will be wasted on travelling if no direct bus to Bedok MRT.

Akira Fudou
04-02-14, 23:18
i always regards the shuttle bus as a value added service... it is not really there to cater for the daily commuting of the resident.

Neekon
04-02-14, 23:56
Actually what attracted me to buy a unit here is partially because it provides free shuttle bus to Bedok MRT not Kembangan MRT and the idea of 365 days of resort living.

I don't see shuttle bus to Kembangan MRT more important than Bedok MRT since SBS Bus 42 is already running every 15 to 30 minutes or u can even walk there using short-cuts in just 10 minutes. Its just duplicating the service to have more buses to Kembangan MRT. Most people do not stop their journey at Kembangan MRT, they still need to tap their ezlink card on another bus or MRT to go else where.

They do not have to pay multiple fares on each bus as using ezlink card, it deduct based on the starting point and ending point of the whole journey instead which means more worth for travelling long distances as long tapping in/out is within 30 minutes from each other.

However for family members who are not working / schooling on certain weekdays or are retired, do also think on their point of view.

If they want to go to Bedok central to have breakfast or lunch or dinner at the hawker centre or shop at wet/supermarket or to see the doctor or do some banking, see how much inconvenient would it be for them if no direct bus to Bedok MRT on a weekday? If everyone waits till Saturday morning before doing their supermarket shopping etc, the bus would be overcrowded too. They also need to pay higher bus fare for short distance and much more time will be wasted on travelling if no direct bus to Bedok MRT.

Pardon my ignorance on public transport fares as I'm not a frequent bus rider. From various posts, it is interesting to see varying perspectives and expectations on the shuttle service. Just like you, personally, I would prefer a ride to Bedok over Kembangan, it's the nearest heartbeat of shopping and food. But maybe not during the rush hour in the morning though. Every options has their pros and cons.. let's hope the residents can come together early to reach a consensus and talk to the management soon.

hyenergix
05-02-14, 06:25
Residence of Blk 36 and Blk 38 do not have direct link to basement carpark. Worse still, walkway to carpark is not even covered - even hdb has covered walkway:banghead:

Some very serious flaws in design :eek:

cdrum
05-02-14, 06:55
Anyone thinking of getting a security system installed like from ADT?

dell1000
05-02-14, 08:02
Since most of us are new to this area ( I guess), maybe we need some time to be familiar to this area and then make a decision which is the better solution for the shuttle bus.
For me, bedok is more attractive choice. in consideration of only 24 seats and 45 mins frequency, It may only take few family, I will prefer to walk or by bus 42(rainy day).

dell1000
05-02-14, 08:07
One more issue, is it possible to open a back door to PIE ?
there are some food courts and new MRT station(bedok north in 2017), I think it is better to have a new door.

teobryan
05-02-14, 10:46
One more issue, is it possible to open a back door to PIE ?
there are some food courts and new MRT station(bedok north in 2017), I think it is better to have a new door.

Hi fellow residents, hope everone had a great CNY this far!!!
I do agree we will need an additonal rear door nearer to AMD. There is an over head bridge, over the PIE, that links to Bedok Res, and the new MRT station currently under construction.
Perhaps this additonal rear door can be constructed nearer to the opening of the MRT station in 2017, when we have sufficient funding.

chaoren
05-02-14, 10:54

I just applied online last night and just got an email that they have scheduled tomorrow between 12pm to 1pm without asking me my preferred timing for blk 38. :scared-4:

But I will not be there at that hour, I hope they do not need to enter the unit to turn on the electricity and water.

dell1000
05-02-14, 11:03
I just applied online last night and just got an email that they have scheduled tomorrow between 12pm to 1pm without asking me my preferred timing for blk 38. :scared-4:

But I will not be there at that hour, I hope they do not need to enter the unit to turn on the electricity and water.

Hi, chaoren, I am also in blk38, but only can contact admin for key collection after tomorrow. hope can get key by this week.

mak17
05-02-14, 11:39
If you are not there when SP services arrive they will activate water only. Unless they inspect the house they don't start electricity.

chaoren
05-02-14, 12:04
Hi, chaoren, I am also in blk38, but only can contact admin for key collection after tomorrow. hope can get key by this week.

Hi!

You should have asked your solicitor to request the bank to release payment urgently last week if you wanted to collect your keys this week. I did so right away on 28 January evening and coordinated with all parties (my solicitor, my bank, developer's solicitor & developer) everyday to speed up the process.

According to Elsa Chai, regardless whether we paid by cashier order or cheque, it needs to be cleared by developer's bank before you can collect your keys and minimum 2 working days notice. It is also subjected to available appointment slot.

So it is not possible for you to get your key within this week as developer told that key collections are not available on Saturdays & Sundays.

I am ok with water only to be turned on, on Thursday first so I can check all water pipes are in good condition, the electricity I will get to it on Friday when my handyman can install the light bulbs to test the switches & wires are ok. After that I will revert back to management on Monday morning on the defects to be rectified.

mshlin
05-02-14, 12:09
I don't think this will be simple & feasible as I have noticed there is no ROAD (or walk path) between PIE and V@E, leading to the overhead bridge.

You may jump over the short wall/fencing and walk along the PIE/drainage to the bridge, at your own risk (of life). :)

Hi fellow residents, hope everone had a great CNY this far!!!
I do agree we will need an additonal rear door nearer to AMD. There is an over head bridge, over the PIE, that links to Bedok Res, and the new MRT station currently under construction.
Perhaps this additonal rear door can be constructed nearer to the opening of the MRT station in 2017, when we have sufficient funding.

CKCPA
05-02-14, 14:25
Collected keys finally. Generally happy with unit. Brightly litted, close but acceptable distance from opposite block. Flooring is fine, exactly the same as what I saw at show flat. Cupboards in bedrooms are acceptable. I don't have problem with chipped corners. Most of the defects are found in the kitchen (finishings really bad and some appliances appear old and faulty) and bathroom - toilet bowl filter and water tap. Yet to finish the check as yet to activate gas supply... I was under the impression I will be having electric stove...duhhh..

mak17
05-02-14, 15:49
Congrats CKCPA

How long it took to get an appointment after your call to the developer?

Collected keys finally. Generally happy with unit. Brightly litted, close but acceptable distance from opposite block. Flooring is fine, exactly the same as what I saw at show flat. Cupboards in bedrooms are acceptable. I don't have problem with chipped corners. Most of the defects are found in the kitchen (finishings really bad and some appliances appear old and faulty) and bathroom - toilet bowl filter and water tap. Yet to finish the check as yet to activate gas supply... I was under the impression I will be having electric stove...duhhh..

jeremylbt
05-02-14, 16:14

They have no more slots for keys collection this week.

The last i checked yesterday is next Tuesday for available slots.

CKCPA
05-02-14, 16:17
Thanks mak17. I am probably not the right person to give an estimate as I am actually from batch 1 and reason i collected my keys late is due my own schedule and request. I would have been able to do so much earlier if they entertained key collection on weekend. Sorry, not much help here.

Congrats CKCPA

Blacknight
05-02-14, 16:26
I am trying to attach pictures here, this is my friend's HDB project.
See the similarity?

chaoren
05-02-14, 16:26
Congrats CKCPA

I am from batch 2. Its quite fast actually.

I called at around 10am morning, but Ms is not around, so I left my contact details to her colleague and she returned my call around 4pm afternoon.

I managed to squeeze an appointment slot for 2 working days later, it all happens within the same week.

Going to lou hei with my extended family this weekend at the new home. :D

Blacknight
05-02-14, 16:28
A second pic.

mak17
05-02-14, 16:53
Thanks Chaoren, enjoy your Lou Hei

I called at around 10am morning, but Ms is not around, so I left my contact details to her colleague and she returned my call around 4pm afternoon.

I managed to squeeze an appointment slot for 2 working days later, it all happens within the same week.

mak17
05-02-14, 16:58
Thanks, appreciate your feedback

Thanks mak17. I am probably not the right person to give an estimate as I am actually from batch 1 and reason i collected my keys late is due my own schedule and request. I would have been able to do so much earlier if they entertained key collection on weekend. Sorry, not much help here.

cvincent
05-02-14, 18:28
Thanks, appreciate your feedback

Happy CNY All, Happy Lou Hei & remember to bring PineApple. Thanks for sharing all the pix and defects collection; very much appreciated. Still waiting for key collection next week liao. :sleep:

mshlin
05-02-14, 19:10
Hi Chaoren, you are really like your name - superman!

I am looking forward to call HH tomorrow maybe, or Friday. Hope to get a slot in next week.
Enjoy! :cheers4:

musras
05-02-14, 19:21

I'm feeling more and more depress by the day.. And I've not even collected my keys. :(

Francis Woo
05-02-14, 22:08
I m at Block 38 and still waiting for my lawyer to get the key collection letter! No hurry!

Akira Fudou
05-02-14, 22:31
Im from blk 36... handed in the cheques on 29th Jan. was told the bank will release the payment today, thereafter i can arrange for key collection... relax lah...

emoke05
06-02-14, 06:57

If at all possible I would like to keep Bedok train station ... I just been to the shopping centre Bedok mall which has an NTUC Finest. I concur the timetable and route of the bus isn't great but I rather not cut Bedok, if hubby drives the car to work the shuttle bus will be the most covenient way to get around with a child without having to change to the train at Kembangan. Also we could (for off peak hours) add other stops like the childcare centre, or whatever else the residents need. Looking forward to the first 'town hall' ;)

mshlin
06-02-14, 08:10
Hi Francis,
You are a rich man!:scared-4:
I also saw you post photo of The Shore! So do you own another one there?

I m at Block 38 and still waiting for my lawyer to get the key collection letter! No hurry!

CKCPA
06-02-14, 08:37
Oh, just a gentle advice to test out all the power points. For my unit, all except the ones where the space for the washing machine and fridge, are working fine.

kellogs
06-02-14, 08:40
congrats on TOP!

mshlin
06-02-14, 09:47
Hi all, I prepared a detailed check list to share with you. I have not collected the key and have not done the inspection. So I am not sure how practical the list is. So please tailor it to suit your requirements. And appreciate if you can share after you use it.:)

dell1000
06-02-14, 10:14
Hi all, I prepared a detailed check list to share with you. I have not collected the key and have not done the inspection. So I am not sure how practical the list is. So please tailor it to suit your requirements. And appreciate if you can share after you use it.:)

Thanks mshlin. it is quite detailed.
I suggest if we want to add new items in, we can modified it and change it to version 1,2,3... and publish it.

chaoren
06-02-14, 10:16

You are such a thoughtful neighbour! Ok tomorrow morning I'll check!

But I have a question, in your living area number 10, what does "DB" stands for?

Sharky
06-02-14, 10:27
You are such a thoughtful neighbour! Ok tomorrow morning I'll check!

But I have a question, in your living area number 10, what does "DB" stands for?

Distribution board - circuit breaker.

cdrum
06-02-14, 10:37
Distribution board - circuit breaker.

Thanks! I've been wondering what that was!!

mshlin
06-02-14, 10:42
I cut these time table from IRIS to help who need to take bus 42. Save to handphone and view as picture, faster than to use online checking.

1. Timing at Kembangan MRT & 2. Timing at HuaYu Mansion
Since Kembangan MRT is the starting point and HuaYu is 4-5 min away, I presume the timing should be quite acurrate.

The picture size is limited by the forum so I zip the higher resolution one in a zip file.

Francis Woo
06-02-14, 14:19
Tks your check list and bus time table!

You right, the unit here is meant for rental income whilst the stay in unit will be at Shores!

chaoren
06-02-14, 16:32

You right, the unit here is meant for rental income whilst the stay in unit will be at Shores!

Why so? :tsk-tsk:
I was thinking Vacanza@East (free-hold) will be more popular for self-stay and lower investment profiting opportunity.

Whereas 'The Shore' is more expensive than Vacanza@East, so more people would buy it for investment purpose rather than for self stay.

I also bought a unit at 'The Shore' in early January 2010 but I did not exercise my option, drop out and lost about 20k. After that, I continued my search and settled with Vacanza @ East.:rolleyes:

leesg123
06-02-14, 16:49

Shores will command more rental. This one is v subjective. If tenant is home based kind, then ok. Otherwise the lack of adequate public transport might be an issue.

Francis Woo
06-02-14, 17:02
Well, all of you are right on the rental prospect but the Home Minister prefers Katong location with its surrounding eateries so that she can cook less!!:mad:

cdrum
07-02-14, 10:08
Any kind soul have the management office's contact number? ;-)

Thanks

Neekon
07-02-14, 11:06
Any kind soul have the management office's contact number? ;-)

Thanks

I last check on Monday, the number is not up yet

mshlin
07-02-14, 15:10
finally got call from HH. to collect key in 18Feb morning.

jeremylbt
07-02-14, 15:29
Does anyone have a detailed floorplan for type C2 with measurements?

Intending to go to an ID over the weekends.

thanks in advance.

cdrum
07-02-14, 16:36
I last check on Monday, the number is not up yet

Bummer thanks

cdrum
07-02-14, 16:38
finally got call from HH. to collect key in 18Feb morning.

I called yesterday, they hadn't received my $$ yet.

mshlin
07-02-14, 16:45
Yesterday I was also told the same. but Hh said today they will check again, and would call me if $ in. so i got call this pm

cdrum
07-02-14, 16:58
Yesterday I was also told the same. but Hh said today they will check again, and would call me if $ in. so i got call this pm

Emma told me the same thing. Fingers crossed. But the day is running out! :(

Astreal16
07-02-14, 17:11
Does anyone have a detailed floorplan for type C2 with measurements?

Intending to go to an ID over the weekends.

thanks in advance.

Can just write to HH to ask for it.
They'll validate if you are owner and provide you with it after that.

gk
07-02-14, 20:13
Hi, Folks

Has anyone here used a washer cum dryer 2in1 before? Is it effective or not? I assume I don't have space to get 2 separate machines and there is no laundry drying facilities in the small kitchen (and I have no wish to do that around the balcony too).

But I have not used a washer cum dryer before. I hope to get some users comments and which model is good at roughly what price?

Thanks!! I am getting my key next week. quick quick!

kEN9170
07-02-14, 21:00
Why so? :tsk-tsk:
I was thinking Vacanza@East (free-hold) will be more popular for self-stay and lower investment profiting opportunity.

Whereas 'The Shore' is more expensive than Vacanza@East, so more people would buy it for investment purpose rather than for self stay.

I also bought a unit at 'The Shore' in early January 2010 but I did not exercise my option, drop out and lost about 20k. After that, I continued my search and settled with Vacanza @ East.:rolleyes:

Hi Chaoren, u had a unit in Worthington too?

chaoren
08-02-14, 07:13
Can just write to HH to ask for it.
They'll validate if you are owner and provide you with it after that.

They gave me only hardcopy of it in A3 size format.
They claimed that there is no softcopy.

How did you get the softcopy?

Btw, I have already sent in my complain to HH about the missing covered walkway from Blk 44 to Blk 38/36. The walkway is completely covered in the model at showroom. Luckily, I did took video & photos of them years ago then.

Do you think they will listen to me and get this fixed? :doh:

cdrum
08-02-14, 08:30

That's a bunch of bull. There's always a soft copy.

Btw, I have already sent in my complain to HH about the missing covered walkway from Blk 44 to Blk 38/36. The walkway is completely covered in the model at showroom. Luckily, I did took video & photos of them years ago then.

I checked the brochure to see if the artist renditions had the covered walkway - it wasn't clear, unfortunately. But I clearly see them in my photos of the model. I suppose we'd need to check with a lawyer to see if the model is enough proof that it should be included.

I guess HH Sunway don't know it rains in Singapore?

cdrum
08-02-14, 08:32

I checked my DBS loan account this morning - they have my 25%. No call yet! I'll call first thing Monday!

mshlin
08-02-14, 09:53
When the bank issued the cashier's order, the money is debit to your account. But the CO may not be banked in by HH (maybe still in your lawyer's hand or on the way to the bank).
So there is at least one day difference.

I checked my DBS loan account this morning - they have my 25%. No call yet! I'll call first thing Monday!

mshlin
08-02-14, 10:02
What if HH insists no soft copy?:doh:

That's a bunch of bull. There's always a soft copy.

I guess HH Sunway don't know it rains in Singapore?

Draven005
08-02-14, 10:50
Superman, wait until you see the Tai Chi Lawn and Reading Corner - both are thin strips of carpet grass. HH really taking us for a ride. Are we going to let them get away from that? Superman, do you have pictures of the two features?

cdrum
08-02-14, 10:51
When the bank issued the cashier's order, the money is debit to your account. But the CO may not be banked in by HH (maybe still in your lawyer's hand or on the way to the bank).
So there is at least one day difference.

DOh! thanks

Astreal16
08-02-14, 13:22

Really? I just emailed them and they sent me the soft copy....

Thanks for trying! Though I think they'll probably judt provide some standard reply :doh:
Maybe should threaten them to say we going to write to the press for them to honor n action what we see is what we get lol :cheers5:

Sharky
08-02-14, 13:28
Anyone can advise how to check if Oven and Hood are working.
I've got the electricity activated.

Panel switches already on but no response. Can't find any sub switches on the applicants itself.

chaoren
08-02-14, 14:17
Anyone can advise how to check if Oven and Hood are working.
I've got the electricity activated.

Panel switches already on but no response. Can't find any sub switches on the applicants itself.

Perhaps Oven + Water Heater + Hood all run on gas? Did you read thru the manual?

I haven't activate gas so not 100% sure.

I have attached photos of the model from different angles of the covered walkway. Do you think we have a case on this?

I think covered walkway is a must. Residents of other blocks also need to use it when going to the shuttle bus pick-up area.

I have tried the shuttle bus yesterday, it is about 10 minutes journey from Vacanza to Bedok MRT. The driver says during peak hours, the road can be very jam when going from bedok mrt back to kembangan mrt so if less than 45 minutes, it may not be possible for him to be on-time.

However I suppose if we eliminate the bus-stop from Kembangan MRT returning back to Vacanza@East, so the shuttle bus returns by Chai Chee Street, it is less likely to encounter traffic jams.

So here it is Vacanza@East -> Kembangan MRT -> Bedok MRT -> Vacanza@East.

musras
08-02-14, 14:20

I hope they will do something about it! They have to deliver what they promise. Please keep us updated of their response. Thank you!

08-02-14, 16:08
Hi
Need advice from neighbours who have collected keys and done the inspection ... does the developer provides free water, electricity and gas for 1 or 2 days after keys collection or is it advisable to activate water, electricity & gas right away?
Thanks

dell1000
08-02-14, 16:57
Perhaps Oven + Water Heater + Hood all run on gas? Did you read thru the manual?

I haven't activate gas so not 100% sure.

I have attached photos of the model from different angles of the covered walkway. Do you think we have a case on this?

I think covered walkway is a must. Residents of other blocks also need to use it when going to the shuttle bus pick-up area.

I have tried the shuttle bus yesterday, it is about 10 minutes journey from Vacanza to Bedok MRT. The driver says during peak hours, the road can be very jam when going from bedok mrt back to kembangan mrt so if less than 45 minutes, it may not be possible for him to be on-time.

However I suppose if we eliminate the bus-stop from Kembangan MRT returning back to Vacanza@East, so the shuttle bus returns by Chai Chee Street, it is less likely to encounter traffic jams.

So here it is Vacanza@East -> Kembangan MRT -> Bedok MRT -> Vacanza@East.
I have booked next wednesday.
I think your pic is really really important, they promise the covered walkway, HH must keep their promise, the covered walkway is very important for us

CKCPA
08-02-14, 17:01
Nope, no free water, electricity or gas for 1 or 2 days from HH. I activated everything to test out all the power points, water flow, aircon, appliances, etc. If you are doing major reno, city gas may advise you to only activate gas after the reno is done.

Hi
Need advice from neighbours who have collected keys and done the inspection ... does the developer provides free water, electricity and gas for 1 or 2 days after keys collection or is it advisable to activate water, electricity & gas right away?
Thanks

CKCPA
08-02-14, 17:04
I have never used one before but like you, will have to get one as well. The smallest unit I saw (in terms of dimensions) is from Samsung...if my memory serves me right, I think it's about SGD999 from Courts.

Hi, Folks

Has anyone here used a washer cum dryer 2in1 before? Is it effective or not? I assume I don't have space to get 2 separate machines and there is no laundry drying facilities in the small kitchen (and I have no wish to do that around the balcony too).

But I have not used a washer cum dryer before. I hope to get some users comments and which model is good at roughly what price?

Neekon
08-02-14, 17:23
Hi
Thanks

they only turn it on during the time of handing over the keys... I activated electricity and water two days later to check everything.. have not turn on the gas though.. until I finished my reno

tiger&pooh
08-02-14, 18:59
Hi
I am thinking of scheduling 1-2 days earlier to activate the power and light on the day of key collection?
Do you think it is possible?

Astreal16
08-02-14, 19:42
Does anyone know how deep the pool is?

cdrum
08-02-14, 20:16
they only turn it on during the time of handing over the keys... I activated electricity and water two days later to check everything.. have not turn on the gas though.. until I finished my reno

What kind of reno are you doing that would cause you to delay turning gas on? Just curious as I believe we aren't supposed to remove any walls until after the first year?

mak17
08-02-14, 21:22
You can do on the same day of key collection not before as you need to be present for the appointment and they inspect your unit

Hi
I am thinking of scheduling 1-2 days earlier to activate the power and light on the day of key collection?
Do you think it is possible?

chaoren
08-02-14, 22:13
Is anybody 100% sure if our condo is OpenNet (Optical Fiber Cable) ready?

I checked http://www.opennet.com.sg but it says that it is estimated to be only ready in around Mid 2014. :scared-5:

I am so tempted to sign-up for MyRepublic's 1Gbps plan now.

By the way I asked the developer, the clubhouse will only have internet estimated 2 months later. :(

Hosay2014
09-02-14, 00:01
Get those European brand like Electrolux as their dry blow can be up to 90% whereas jap/ Korean brand might be max only 75%. I m currently using one not too bad :)

Hi, Folks

mshlin
09-02-14, 08:29
Did you see the OpenNet box when you checked the house?

Is anybody 100% sure if our condo is OpenNet (Optical Fiber Cable) ready?

I checked http://www.opennet.com.sg but it says that it is estimated to be only ready in around Mid 2014. :scared-5:

I am so tempted to sign-up for MyRepublic's 1Gbps plan now.

By the way I asked the developer, the clubhouse will only have internet estimated 2 months later. :(

Sharky
09-02-14, 09:20
Did you see the OpenNet box when you checked the house?

The open net box is in the DB Cabinet. :)

Hosay2014
09-02-14, 09:32
I have a friend who bought the ground floor unit. A bad news for the resident of Vacanza! He saw rats running around when he went for his inspection last week! Omg! Big fat rats! Think the management has to do something immediately on this............ Even though it might not affect resident staying in the higher floor but this must be rectify for the overall hygiene for all resident.

cdrum
09-02-14, 12:23
Can someone help confirm if the entire ceiling is false or concrete? Specifically for dining and living.

Thanks!

canggl
09-02-14, 15:07
rats....:doh:

Any pic, send to HH and make complain...

This is a new estate n the rats want to stay in also....:scared-1::scared-1: