PDA

View Full Version : Vacanza @ East

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]

dvldude
29-03-14, 22:43
Anyone got theirs running? I'm planning to move in next week thus will need the internet set up.

jasonetee
30-03-14, 10:05
Anyone got theirs running? I'm planning to move in next week thus will need the internet set up.

SingTel is coming on 8th April to assess how to run the fibre optic as well as mioTV for my place.

musras
30-03-14, 10:35
Guys if you're at VE right now, you can spot a life size bunny walking around... Sigh.

dexterchua88
30-03-14, 10:51
Guys if you're at VE right now, you can spot a life size bunny walking around... Sigh.

A lonely bunny or surrounded by non-residents? :D

musras
30-03-14, 11:01

Looks lonely to me. Haha. So far I only see 1 family outside the learning centre but I'm not sure if they are residents or not. I can see the centre from my balcony.

cdrum
30-03-14, 11:06

I thought it was supposed to be Barney?! ;-)

sTarVing
30-03-14, 11:23
All, is the meeting today at 1pm still on? May I know where is this meeting? I just moved in and would like to offer my support to this course. Thanks.

cdrum
30-03-14, 11:26
All, is the meeting today at 1pm still on? May I know where is this meeting? I just moved in and would like to offer my support to this course. Thanks.

Unfortunately I cannot attend as have a prior engagement.

My opinion is clear: Whatever the commercial space is used for, it should be strictly residents only. Guards should NOT allow non-residents without a purpose of visiting a resident into the compound. They should turn on the gantries immediately.

dvldude
30-03-14, 11:41
Unfortunately I cannot attend as have a prior engagement.

My opinion is clear: Whatever the commercial space is used for, it should be strictly residents only. Guards should NOT allow non-residents without a purpose of visiting a resident into the compound. They should turn on the gantries immediately.

I'm currently at VE, quite a crowd at the learning school, haven't see the life size bunny yet, maybe drop into the pool, just kidding, I'm unable to attend the meeting later but do update me, thanks

dvldude
30-03-14, 11:42
SingTel is coming on 8th April to assess how to run the fibre optic as well as mioTV for my place.

Ok great, I'm also engaging Singtel as well

jasonetee
30-03-14, 11:59
Hi people, meet up is still on. Let's meet near the playground away from the crowd. I am wearing black t - shirt.

jasonetee
30-03-14, 12:01
Ok great, I'm also engaging Singtel as well

I have a couple of other wiring needs too. Headache. Still waiting for Mr Kumar to do up the flooring before the renovation can start proper.

sTarVing
30-03-14, 12:18
Thanks Jason, I'll be there looking for you at 1pm.

dexterchua88
30-03-14, 12:49
Anyone at the child centre please help to take pictures of the event and use as proof if any non-residents are allowed into our condominium. Kindly email them to the management for immediate actions. Thanks for the efforts!

musras
30-03-14, 14:01
I thought it was supposed to be Barney?! ;-)

Opss.. Barney!! Hahaha. My hubby was the one who told me.. I thought he said 'bunny'. Now he said "it's Barney.. the purple one". Hehehe

jasonetee
30-03-14, 16:05
There were 5 of us who met up today. We had a chat with the operator. Apparently Hoi Hup tried to put a stop to it but the landlord apparently told the operators to go ahead as both their lawyers sort things out. For our side, we are looking to form the owners' committee soon to help to sort out some of the issues now instead of waiting till next year. We will be writing officially to the various govt agencies as well as the developer regarding some of issues that have been discussed in here too. So continue to send me your details if you support the notion of having a safe and private estate that we believed to have invested in.

cdrum
30-03-14, 16:26
My 30 day fix period ends Tuesday. My wife and I went to check out the status of the repairs (wrong colors of tiles, patch works on tiles, bunch of other small items). We were happy to see most items rectified. Out of 45 items on the list, there were about 10.

They forgot to fix one of the patched up tiles, and the tint of the tiles was greatly improved, but still slightly off. But they re-polished and all the splotches were gone. We were lucky and ran into the guy who we did the jt. inspection with (tall thin indian fella with a mustache) yesterday as well, and did another joint inspection to close out the items that were completed.

We reiterated that tuesday was the deadline and he agreed, and we actually set up another joint inspection appointment for Wednesday morning to close everything else out.

We went back today to enjoy the pool and check out the commotion about the child care center and were VERY happy to see them doing more major tile fixes.

dvldude
30-03-14, 17:40
There were 5 of us who met up today. We had a chat with the operator. Apparently Hoi Hup tried to put a stop to it but the landlord apparently told the operators to go ahead as both their lawyers sort things out. For our side, we are looking to form the owners' committee soon to help to sort out some of the issues now instead of waiting till next year. We will be writing officially to the various govt agencies as well as the developer regarding some of issues that have been discussed in here too. So continue to send me your details if you support the notion of having a safe and private estate that we believed to have invested in.

Well done, thumbs up

chaoren
30-03-14, 17:42

That's not all.

If you read our Sales and Purchase Agreement with the developer on term number 17.2, "Vendor must make good any such defect within one month of receiving a notice from the Purchaser"

I sent email notification to Hoi Hup on 8 February 2014 about the defect on missing covered walkway from Blk 44 to Blk 36/38. Its been more than 1 month but this defect has not been rectified. All I get is only apology from Jasmine about the delay and said it will be covered eventually.

1 month notification is long over, I suppose that we can seek advise from our lawyers and then engage contractors to cover up the walkway then claim from the developer.

For the commercial unit that is now open to non-residents, I wonder if anyone has seek legal advise from your lawyer about it?

The commercial unit owner did not comply with the Sales and Purchase Agreement with the developer. Do have a look in the S&P Agreement Page 29 for Schedule A term 1(d).

Not sure if we can make any claim from the shop owner for allowing his tenant to use their unit to interfere unreasonably with the use and enjoyment of the common property and facilities by promoting their shop outside the boundary of Vacanza @ East.

Whoever has taken other photos or seen such advertisement posted else where (internet sites, newspapers or physical locations), please take photo and record down the information & share so that they can be used by all of us to use as evidence to forcefully close down this learning centre and make monetary claims from the commercial shop owner from the open house date 30/03/2014.

musras
30-03-14, 19:35
That's not all.

The commercial unit owner did not comply with the Sales and Purchase Agreement with the developer. Do have a look in the S&P Agreement Page 29 for Schedule A term

Hi Chaoren, would you mind sharing that line from the S&P please. Thank you.

mshlin
31-03-14, 08:55
I feel more that the laywers are sort of people with no heart or no brain.
For HH/Management, it's a simple work to stop those non-residents/cars who visit #01-43. See how the centre can continue.
Before forming a committee, maybe we can start as a group.
I suggest we have a Whatsapp group for frequent discussion. any outcome can be posted here.
I just created one (V@E Owners). PM me your number to join.

mshlin
31-03-14, 09:02
I have done 2nd inspection with Mariappan last Wed, and quite happy with the results, except about 20 minor items.
This afternoon I will do the final inspection. Hope to close all findings.
They did very little in first 3 weeks and most in the 4th week.

My 30 day fix period ends Tuesday. My wife and I went to check out the status of the repairs (wrong colors of tiles, patch works on tiles, bunch of other small items). We were happy to see most items rectified. Out of 45 items on the list, there were about 10.

They forgot to fix one of the patched up tiles, and the tint of the tiles was greatly improved, but still slightly off. But they re-polished and all the splotches were gone. We were lucky and ran into the guy who we did the jt. inspection with (tall thin indian fella with a mustache) yesterday as well, and did another joint inspection to close out the items that were completed.

We reiterated that tuesday was the deadline and he agreed, and we actually set up another joint inspection appointment for Wednesday morning to close everything else out.

We went back today to enjoy the pool and check out the commotion about the child care center and were VERY happy to see them doing more major tile fixes.

cvincent
31-03-14, 10:49
I have done 2nd inspection with Mariappan last Wed, and quite happy with the results, except about 20 minor items.
This afternoon I will do the final inspection. Hope to close all findings.
They did very little in first 3 weeks and most in the 4th week.

Thanks Jason & fellow residents for everything. just PM u my details, mshlin. im into my last week of the defect rectification and i can see that they have done around half of it. like you said, hope they will step it up in the last week

1) stained tiles still not rectified
2) empty space below oven and kitchen cabinet still not covered up

Some of the major ones above.

mshlin
31-03-14, 11:12
For the gap below kitchen cabinet, mine is sealed with silicon.

Thanks Jason & fellow residents for everything. just PM u my details, mshlin. im into my last week of the defect rectification and i can see that they have done around half of it. like you said, hope they will step it up in the last week

1) stained tiles still not rectified
2) empty space below oven and kitchen cabinet still not covered up

Some of the major ones above.

smellyfish
31-03-14, 15:05
I feel more that the laywers are sort of people with no heart or no brain.
For HH/Management, it's a simple work to stop those non-residents/cars who visit #01-43. See how the centre can continue.
Before forming a committee, maybe we can start as a group.
I suggest we have a Whatsapp group for frequent discussion. any outcome can be posted here.
I just created one (V@E Owners). PM me your number to join.

actually if there is a commercial unit in your condo, and it is a childcare, wouldnt it add value to the project? it sure will give young parents a big option and convenience... People bringing little kids into the project shouldnt be unsavoury characters as well.

i think there can be a win win solution here. Main grouse to me is illegal parking, which i think can be sorted out.

i believe mandarin garden also have a kindergarten. you may want to find out how they do it.

teobryan
31-03-14, 15:44
For the gap below kitchen cabinet, mine is sealed with silicon.

Same here, mine is also sealed with white silicon, better than nothing. :)

cvincent
31-03-14, 17:30
Same here, mine is also sealed with white silicon, better than nothing. :)

thanks for input, bryan & mshlin. hope it is going to be thick and can last. i dun think they filled it up all with silicon but just the "entrance"? just worried insects may hide inside :o

morganoh
31-03-14, 18:35
Hi. I'm Morgan.
Owner of blk40 09-17
I'm interested in the chat group
But
There's a limit of numbers of guys that can join whatsapp.
LiNE. Is better can accept more people.

actually if there is a commercial unit in your condo, and it is a childcare, wouldnt it add value to the project? it sure will give young parents a big option and convenience... People bringing little kids into the project shouldnt be unsavoury characters as well.

i think there can be a win win solution here. Main grouse to me is illegal parking, which i think can be sorted out.

i believe mandarin garden also have a kindergarten. you may want to find out how they do it.

mshlin
31-03-14, 21:59
thanks for input, bryan & mshlin. hope it is going to be thick and can last. i dun think they filled it up all with silicon but just the "entrance"? just worried insects may hide inside :o

But there is still a big hole at both corners, suspended/protruded out of the tile. I will plug it by myself with some woods or Styrofoam then with silicon sealant.

mshlin
31-03-14, 22:05
thanks for suggestion.
I checked Mandarin Gardens on Streetdirectory. it looks like a commercial and residential mixed development. shop house and a handful of companies inside, such as restaurant, art studio, sound & vibration control P/L, animation studio, shoes shop, ice factory, etc.
But V@E is not such kind of development.

CKCPA
31-03-14, 22:07
Hi,

I don't mean to be rude but NO, there's no win-win situation. A convenience shop is a win-win for all because it benefits everyone. A childcare centre/tuition centre benefits only a smaller group of the community at VE and worse, compromise on the safety of homeowners with strangers in the compound, whether or not they ought to be honest people.

CKCPA
31-03-14, 22:09
Sorry for my late participation. Please add me in as well. I will pm you my details.

V@Eowner
31-03-14, 22:16
Hi,

I don't mean to be rude but NO, there's no win-win situation. A convenience shop is a win-win for all because it benefits everyone. A childcare centre/tuition centre benefits only a smaller group of the community at VE and worse, compromise on the safety of homeowners with strangers in the compound, whether or not they ought to be honest people.

I concur! If there's no taker for the convenience store (its all a function of rent), I'd rather leave it empty than have a business that will result in outsiders come and go as they like. V@E is a private home development. Period.

V@Eowner
31-03-14, 22:17
thanks for suggestion.
I checked Mandarin Gardens on Streetdirectory. it looks like a commercial and residential mixed development. shop house and a handful of companies inside, such as restaurant, art studio, sound & vibration control P/L, animation studio, shoes shop, ice factory, etc.
But V@E is not such kind of development.

Woah ... that looks like a mini mixed use industrial estate!

V@Eowner
31-03-14, 22:19
Sorry for my late participation. Please add me in as well. I will pm you my details.

There are now two groups:
1. mshlin leads a whatsapp group
2. jasonetee leads another group

Probably better for us to work as one?

CKCPA
31-03-14, 22:25
Thanks V@Eowner.

I didnt know that there are 2 groups now. Indeed, better to integrate into one if possible.

There are now two groups:
1. mshlin leads a whatsapp group
2. jasonetee leads another group

Probably better for us to work as one?

jasonetee
31-03-14, 23:09
I have a list of home owners who have registered their interest to support the lack of main gantry as well as the learning centre issue. The whatsapp group can be supplementary but could be limited due to the number of participants in the chatroom. I have been talking to owners of Vacanza as I come across them. Trying to reach out to people who are not in this forum and create awareness. I am hoping more will pm me with their contact details so I can continue to add on to the list of owners and any future correspondences can have everyone in the loop as well. Hoi Hup will be forced to take us seriously also.

jasonetee
31-03-14, 23:10
Will try to organise another meet up when we have more information too.

mshlin
31-03-14, 23:10
Thanks V@Eowner.

I didnt know that there are 2 groups now. Indeed, better to integrate into one if possible.

anyway to merge? or have to re-join the other group?

dexterchua88
31-03-14, 23:16
When it's marketed and sold as a private condominium, it should remain private for residents only. :D

dexterchua88
31-03-14, 23:18
Woah ... that looks like a mini mixed use industrial estate!

This is what happened when there is no control...:D

jasonetee
31-03-14, 23:54

Well.. Just continue to send me. I will consolidate and distribute the list via email.

jasonetee
31-03-14, 23:55
This is what happened when there is no control...:D

Yes. Actually I always drop by the restaurant for dinner frequently.

Han
01-04-14, 00:01

I propose to merge as one group too.

I suggest to create as group email for all corresponces and whatsapp for short conversation, immediate response for urgency.

Neekon
01-04-14, 00:06
I concur! If there's no taker for the convenience store (its all a function of rent), I'd rather leave it empty than have a business that will result in outsiders come and go as they like. V@E is a private home development. Period.

If I remember correctly, the commercial area was up for sale then.. not sure if this is rented out by the owner or developer. From past threads, it's seems to be a private owner. Leaving it empty then may not be our call. Rather, getting the gate up early would enable out guards to do control entry more effectively, whether walk in or vehicle guests.

Regardless, Chaoren seems to find a clause that forbade the commercial unit from reaching out to external customer. Can share more?

Thanks mslin and Jason for being proactive.

Lastly, let's not let our emotions run all over.. we bought a place to stay and enjoy.. lambasting in this forum does not do us good anyway.. let support mslin and Jason for their hard work..

dell1000
01-04-14, 09:24
Yes. Actually I always drop by the restaurant for dinner frequently.

Hi, jasonetee, I have pm you my contact no.

BTW, can we hold the rest payment to HH which we should pay whithin 1 year, I think government design the payment rules to protect our house owner.

we can list down the common and major defect list of this project and get support from all the house owner from vacanza.
Then we can have enough power to discuss with HH, else, they just ignore us.

I think we should tell HH we plan to hold the 5-10% payment.

cdrum
01-04-14, 19:56
I got a response from LTA regarding the gate issue. I told them HH is claiming LTA rejected the request for the gate. This is their response:

We refer to your email of 25 March 2014. We have received a same feedback from a resident of Vancanza@East. We are unable to comment further at this stage as lack of information provided. However, you may approach the developer to submit their proposal/details on the main gate officially via a qualified person for our review. In principle, the installation of the main gate shall not impede and obstruct the vehicular movement and line of sight of road users (e.g. vehicle drive and pedestrian).

We thank you for writing in.

Yours sincerely

Lee Chor Teck
Principal Engineering Officer
Development & Building Control
Roads & Transportation

teddybear
01-04-14, 21:01
As it is, it seems LTA didn't say they reject the request for the gate right?

I got a response from LTA regarding the gate issue. I told them HH is claiming LTA rejected the request for the gate. This is their response:

We refer to your email of 25 March 2014. We have received a same feedback from a resident of Vancanza@East. We are unable to comment further at this stage as lack of information provided. However, you may approach the developer to submit their proposal/details on the main gate officially via a qualified person for our review. In principle, the installation of the main gate shall not impede and obstruct the vehicular movement and line of sight of road users (e.g. vehicle drive and pedestrian).

Yours sincerely

Lee Chor Teck
Roads & Transportation

arvin2087
01-04-14, 21:13
For those who needs to convert their phone lines to data lines you may contact this guy Kok Hua - 92703131.

He managed to convert one for me at only $50.

References :
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/garage-sales-18/services-fiber-telephone-point-lan-data-ethernet-point-conversion-services-4390951.html

https://www.facebook.com/networking.bto

Very professional guy and also will advise you on your networking problems.

V@Eowner
01-04-14, 21:22

Yours sincerely

Lee Chor Teck
Roads & Transportation

It seems that HH did not even make an application to install security gantries?

Draven005
01-04-14, 21:46
Bunch of bull if you ask me.

Sorry I have been very quiet. Will join the what's app group.

It seems that HH did not even make an application to install security gantries?

Tripp
01-04-14, 22:24
http://www.lta.gov.sg/content/dam/ltaweb/corp/Industry/files/Street_Works_Proposals_relating_to_Devt_Works.pdf

Check out Chapter 5 on Entrance Access Arrangements.

mshlin
01-04-14, 23:02
S&P, Schedule A
1.The Purchase will:
(d) use and enjoy the Unit and the common property in such a manner as not to interfere unreasonably with the use and enjoyment thereof by other purchasers, their families, permitted tenants or visitors.

I believe this clause is still quite grey.

Hi Chaoren, would you mind sharing that line from the S&P please. Thank you.

mshlin
01-04-14, 23:07
To my best understanding of this chapter, I don't see why V@E cannot have the access barrier, as this is at the end of road.

http://www.lta.gov.sg/content/dam/ltaweb/corp/Industry/files/Street_Works_Proposals_relating_to_Devt_Works.pdf

Check out Chapter 5 on Entrance Access Arrangements.

Tripp
01-04-14, 23:10
To my best understanding of this chapter, I don't see why V@E cannot have the access barrier, as this is at the end of road.

Now that LTA guidelines are known, hope that you guys can pressure HH to get the barriers done, especially now that LTA replied (or implied) that they have not received any submissions at all.

mshlin
01-04-14, 23:21
Sounds good. $50 for one point or for whole house?
Can you give more details on your modification?

For those who needs to convert their phone lines to data lines you may contact this guy Kok Hua - 92703131.

He managed to convert one for me at only $50.

References :
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/garage-sales-18/services-fiber-telephone-point-lan-data-ethernet-point-conversion-services-4390951.html

https://www.facebook.com/networking.bto

Very professional guy and also will advise you on your networking problems.

arvin2087
02-04-14, 02:23
Sounds good. $50 for one point or for whole house?
Can you give more details on your modification?

Only did one point which was one of the bedrooms. yes $50 for a point because I only did one. Not sure if he will do it cheaper if you do more than 1 point but he probably will. And according to him the lines that we currently have are cat 6. In the case for my unit at least. Not sure if others are the same.

Basically he went to the utility transferred one of the wires from the telephone box (the one that is connected to the telephone line in the bedroom that i want to convert to data line) and connected it to the data box. He also changed the faceplate of the data box from having 1 rj45 socket to 4 rj45 sockets (although i only utilize 2 [bedroom and living room]) . Then he converted the telephone line in the bedroom to rj45. Kind of hard to understand but he will explain it to you clearly and will give you possible solutions depending on what you require.

mshlin
02-04-14, 10:18
Hi arvin2087, thanks for the explanation.
So your resident gateway (or wireless router) is located in the DB, as same as the ONT?

Only did one point which was one of the bedrooms. yes $50 for a point because I only did one. Not sure if he will do it cheaper if you do more than 1 point but he probably will. And according to him the lines that we currently have are cat 6. In the case for my unit at least. Not sure if others are the same.

Basically he went to the utility transferred one of the wires from the telephone box (the one that is connected to the telephone line in the bedroom that i want to convert to data line) and connected it to the data box. He also changed the faceplate of the data box from having 1 rj45 socket to 4 rj45 sockets (although i only utilize 2 [bedroom and living room]) . Then he converted the telephone line in the bedroom to rj45. Kind of hard to understand but he will explain it to you clearly and will give you possible solutions depending on what you require.

arvin2087
02-04-14, 14:01
Hi arvin2087, thanks for the explanation.
So your resident gateway (or wireless router) is located in the DB, as same as the ONT?

Nope. My wireless router is at bedroom 3. More centralised than the living room. However, this means that i cannot connect my living room directly via the data line.

If you want to have a good wireless network and wired connection, his suggestion was.

-an Average or similar router in DB (this will connect to all 4 points which is probably your living room and 3 bedrooms if you change all your telephone points to data line)

-another router wherever you prefer it to be (preferably your better one for better wireless connectivity)

and wired connection for the rest of the room.

From my understanding this was the only solution if you wanted wired connectivity in every room and still have good wireless range throughout the house.

Because, if you only have one router and want all your room to be wired then the your only router would have to be in the db box. And this will affect your wireless range.

Hope this helps :)

cdrum
02-04-14, 19:41
I got an interesting reply from BCA regarding the entry way gate issue (bolding is me):

I refer to your email enquiry on 28 March 2014.

I happened to be the inspection officer for Vacanza @ East during the TOP inspection and had raised the question before to the architect and developer regarding the main entrance gate.

The answer given to me was that LTA had rejected the proposal of the barrier at the entrance gate, not BCA.

I believe the developer will convey the same information to you.

Thank you.

Ye Junjie (Mr) – Executive Engineer (Building Plan and Enforcement Department), Building Plan and Management Group
Building and Construction Authority
Tel +65 6325 8970. Fax: +65 6325 4437

So all signs point to LTA... I think we should demand HH explain to us what LTA's issue was with it.

musras
02-04-14, 20:24
I thought reply from LTA was that the barrier at the main entrance has nothing to do with them?

I got an interesting reply from BCA regarding the entry way gate issue (bolding is me):

I refer to your email enquiry on 28 March 2014.

I happened to be the inspection officer for Vacanza @ East during the TOP inspection and had raised the question before to the architect and developer regarding the main entrance gate.

The answer given to me was that LTA had rejected the proposal of the barrier at the entrance gate, not BCA.

I believe the developer will convey the same information to you.

Thank you.

Ye Junjie (Mr) – Executive Engineer (Building Plan and Enforcement Department), Building Plan and Management Group
Building and Construction Authority
Tel +65 6325 8970. Fax: +65 6325 4437

So all signs point to LTA... I think we should demand HH explain to us what LTA's issue was with it.

Sharky
02-04-14, 20:42
I thought reply from LTA was that the barrier at the main entrance has nothing to do with them?

Now HH will point to URA.

http://www.bca.gov.sg/housing/sp/developing/Developing_ApprovalCycle.htm#planning

cdrum
02-04-14, 22:37

http://www.bca.gov.sg/housing/sp/developing/Developing_ApprovalCycle.htm#planning

But URA replied to me a week ago saying it wasn't them! ;-)

Dear Chris

We have not rejected any proposal for installation of entrance barrier/gate at Vacanza @ East.
The development proposal is based on the design and layout provided by the developer.

Regards,

YANG Phik Vern (Ms) ■ Executive Planner, Development Control Group ■ Urban Redevelopment Authority ■ Tel: +65 6321 8114 ■ Fax: +65 62274792 ■ Email: [email protected]

teddybear
02-04-14, 22:43
Go 1 big round, still didn't figure out who say cannot install the entrance barrier/gate? :mad:
HH or LTA or BCA or URA?
Since the latter 3 all say they didn't reject, so HH rejected?

But URA replied to me a week ago saying it wasn't them! ;-)

Dear Chris

We have not rejected any proposal for installation of entrance barrier/gate at Vacanza @ East.
The development proposal is based on the design and layout provided by the developer.

Regards,

YANG Phik Vern (Ms) ■ Executive Planner, Development Control Group ■ Urban Redevelopment Authority ■ Tel: +65 6321 8114 ■ Fax: +65 62274792 ■ Email: [email protected]

Draven005
02-04-14, 22:54
good, we are able to use this letter and replies to confront HH to come clean about the whole gate incident.

Jasonetee, have you placed all these letter and replies to our MP?

Go 1 big round, still didn't figure out who say cannot install the entrance barrier/gate? :mad:
HH or LTA or BCA or URA?

jasonetee
02-04-14, 22:58
good, we are able to use this letter and replies to confront HH to come clean about the whole gate incident.

Jasonetee, have you placed all these letter and replies to our MP?

Can everyone forward me their correspondences from the govt agencies if you have not done so?

I have to forward everything to Mr Tan for him to understand the full picture. If I have everything in one email and sent to every party including Hoi Hup, the truth will be out soon! Thanks everyone!

jasonetee
02-04-14, 22:59
Nope. My wireless router is at bedroom 3. More centralised than the living room. However, this means that i cannot connect my living room directly via the data line.

If you want to have a good wireless network and wired connection, his suggestion was.

-an Average or similar router in DB (this will connect to all 4 points which is probably your living room and 3 bedrooms if you change all your telephone points to data line)

-another router wherever you prefer it to be (preferably your better one for better wireless connectivity)

and wired connection for the rest of the room.

From my understanding this was the only solution if you wanted wired connectivity in every room and still have good wireless range throughout the house.

Because, if you only have one router and want all your room to be wired then the your only router would have to be in the db box. And this will affect your wireless range.

Hope this helps :)

Think I better contact him for a better idea?

dvldude
02-04-14, 23:45

me too, which subscriber did you choose? arvin2087?

arvin2087
02-04-14, 23:50

My ISP is viewqwest. Yeah do contact him he does free site survey so no problem :)

bakasa2002
03-04-14, 00:29
HH to come clean about the whole gate incident.

Sounds like Gatecanza is brewing!:scared-1: Hope you guys get a good reply from HH!

dell1000
03-04-14, 08:51
HH or LTA or BCA or URA?

yes, I send email to HH, they say it is due to LTA, then I send email to LTA, they say they have nothing to do with the barrier rejection.
Now I email HH again with LTA reply attached, hope can get a reasonable answer.
I still think we need to get all support from the house owners,and hold the rest 15% loan. This is the most effective method.
Else, we can only wait for HH 良心发现

cvincent
03-04-14, 09:53
yes, I send email to HH, they say it is due to LTA, then I send email to LTA, they say they have nothing to do with the barrier rejection.
I still think we need to get all support from the house owners,and hold the rest 15% loan. This is the most effective method.

hmmm...I do not think there is much conscience when business is involved. thanks all for the correspondence to the relevant authorities to confirm regarding the gate issue.

Sharky
03-04-14, 11:51
hmmm...I do not think there is much conscience when business is involved. thanks all for the correspondence to the relevant authorities to confirm regarding the gate issue.

What about corporate responsibility and goodwill.
Unless a fly by night company, then we got nothing to say.

jasonetee
03-04-14, 15:00

Singtel 200mbs

mshlin
03-04-14, 22:09
shall we print out all the replies and attach to a formal letter with our signature to demand HH to give an official reply?
It seems email is not serious enough?

jasonetee
05-04-14, 03:47
shall we print out all the replies and attach to a formal letter with our signature to demand HH to give an official reply?

That will be the next stage.

dell1000
05-04-14, 11:07

Actually I send all lta reply to HH already.
Just wait for their reply.
If still no reply, I can email to other department for help.
I think email is more convincable than letter because all the communication saved in database and easy to provide to other department.

teddybear
05-04-14, 12:20
Interesting.
What could you do if they don't reply to you at all?

Actually I send all lta reply to HH already.
Just wait for their reply.
If still no reply, I can email to other department for help.
I think email is more convincable than letter because all the communication saved in database and easy to provide to other department.

cdrum
05-04-14, 14:24
Those of you not moved in yet, better check for water damage after the rain we just had. Our unit wasn't so lucky - a tiny amount of water has seeped into our master bedroom from the wall. You don't see a stream of water, but you can tell as the paint is slightly moist and discolored and the wood flooring is noticably darker and slightly moist to the touch. We've already alerted Kumar and team. They say they need to fix the outside leak first (when they find it!) then they'll fix our wall and floor. They say it could take 3 or so weeks.

AndreChon
05-04-14, 15:28
Hi everyone,

I don't live in Vacanza but I was kindly directed here by Draven005 from another post.

I represent residents from City View and The Peak which are not condos but DBSS flats built by Hoi Hup also.

We have been facing a terrible time with this developer in the past 2-3 years.. Other than the poor quality fittings given inside our homes, a common problem all of us are facing is the wood turning black with moisture-stains.

Please see the pictures below:

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d58/ChanDavid/20131107_125137_zps8cdd6bb7.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d58/ChanDavid/14Rachel_zpsa4cb63a7.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d58/ChanDavid/photo2_zps5bfcccc1.jpg

I wonder if any of you have experienced this? If you have, I would like to be in touch with you. Please PM me or send me an email at [email protected].

Thank you!

Draven005
05-04-14, 18:56
Hi Andre,

Thanks for dropping by our thread and I guess we have a common target board which is Hoi Hup. I assume that you had already went through most if not all of our complaints.

Wood wise, HH had replaced the stained wooden parquet and I am so what satisfied. I had requested for polished parquet which I need to check on Monday or Tuesday.

Maybe you want to share about your experience dealing with HH and we can learn from this and engage HH better.

Hi everyone,

I don't live in Vacanza but I was kindly directed here by Draven005 from another post.

I represent residents from City View and The Peak which are not condos but DBSS flats built by Hoi Hup also.

We have been facing a terrible time with this developer in the past 2-3 years.. Other than the poor quality fittings given inside our homes, a common problem all of us are facing is the wood turning black with moisture-stains.

Please see the pictures
I wonder if any of you have experienced this? If you have, I would like to be in touch with you. Please PM me or send me an email at [email protected].

Thank you!

Draven005
05-04-14, 19:06
Bro cdrum, please follow up with HH about this. I realized what you are talking about after I saw Andre Chon's pictures.

Those of you not moved in yet, better check for water damage after the rain we just had. Our unit wasn't so lucky - a tiny amount of water has seeped into our master bedroom from the wall. You don't see a stream of water, but you can tell as the paint is slightly moist and discolored and the wood flooring is noticably darker and slightly moist to the touch. We've already alerted Kumar and team. They say they need to fix the outside leak first (when they find it!) then they'll fix our wall and floor. They say it could take 3 or so weeks.

cdrum
05-04-14, 19:13
Yep. Here is what my flooring and wall looks like.

We now have a hard deadline for moving in, and this will for sure not be rectified in time... Too bad we didn't have heavy rain like this a month ago :(

AndreChon
05-04-14, 21:39
Hi cdrum, thank you for the pictures.

Draven005: Rest assure that there are many holes now in my "Hoi Hup" target board!

If I had a choice, I would never have bought any property from Hoi Hup. I will also caution my friends/relatives to never ever buy any property from them. Be it condo, EC or DBSS flats.

Reading through your residents' many posts here, I can empathise with all of you. All the defects and silly excuses from them! Unacceptable and can be prevented had they bothered to maintain even a minimal amount of standard.

Many of us had terrible experiences with this developer. Even after rectification, problems will come later.

At this moment, I would like to gather as many Vacanza residents as possible who have experienced their wood turning black at the edges. Could you please take some pictures and send them to me at [email protected] before you allow Hoi Hup to have them removed?

Please help me spread the word.

Thank you!

AndreChon
05-04-14, 23:07
cdrum, do you mind if I request you to email me? I'd like to discuss with you in private. Thanks.

AndreChon
05-04-14, 23:20
Those with their wood turning black, please email me also at [email protected]

Preferably within the next day as it's quite urgent.

Thanks so much.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d58/ChanDavid/6_zps80965606.jpg

mshlin
06-04-14, 10:33
I have 2 pieces in black near skirting in MBR. Asked the worker & he said it's wax.:beats-me-man:
But in the end they replaced for me.

Those with their wood turning black, please
email me also at [email protected]

Preferably within the next day as it's quite urgent.

Thanks so much.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d58/ChanDavid/6_zps80965606.jpg

CondoWE
06-04-14, 10:43
Hi guy,

May I know who is Vacanza main con? Is it Straits construction?

mshlin
06-04-14, 11:57
Yes, you are right.:beats-me-man:

Hi guy,

May I know who is Vacanza main con? Is it Straits construction?

mshlin
06-04-14, 12:31
An interesting law case about installing unauthorized grill/glass at balcony.
between Ardmore Park MC and one owner in 2003, by Strata Titles Boards.

http://www.mnd.gov.sg/stb_appfiles/judgment/archive/2002/STB_49_of_2002_-_Ardmore_Park_(dated_15_Aug_2003).pdf

AndreChon
06-04-14, 12:34
mshlin: Thanks for sharing. The black stains you saw on your flooring, if they were the same as the ones you see in my sample picture, is not wax!

Please email me if you don't mind and I will explain further. Thanks.

jasonetee
06-04-14, 12:51
I had spoken to the chairman of Jalan Senang NC. He advised us to loop him in as well. I will be compiling all the information and sending the emails this week.

CKCPA
06-04-14, 14:36
Hi,

Renovation almost completed and now looking to apply fibre broadband services. Spoke to M1, SingTel and Starhub over the phone. For a low-tech person like me, I find Starhub explanation and procedure most straightforward (and without additional charges here and there). Is Starhub fibre broadband credible and stable?

musras
06-04-14, 15:18
Hi everyone. My designer checked my wooden floor and said that it's not well done. If you knock the floor, many of the panels are hollow. The designer said over time water will seep through. But the guy who did the rectification said that it's normal for the wooden floor to be hollow. Now I don't believe him when I read AndreChon's post. Do try to knock on the floor to see if it's hollow.

Hi everyone,

Thank you!

dell1000
07-04-14, 09:04
Hi everyone,

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d58/ChanDavid/20131107_125137_zps8cdd6bb7.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d58/ChanDavid/14Rachel_zpsa4cb63a7.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d58/ChanDavid/photo2_zps5bfcccc1.jpg

Thank you!
Hi, andrechon:

Thanks for your reminding, I guess we may met the similiar issue soon....although currently it is not so obvious.
By the way, can you share us some experience how to talk with developer/main contractor, or related government department? we really need help.

AndreChon
07-04-14, 10:54
Hi all,

I wish I could tell you all the whole story. It will take a few hours to explain.

Unfortunately, there is little I can advise on how to proceed because Hoi Hup has continued to give us lame excuses. They even pushed the blame on us.

I am very surprised they still dare to continue using this wood, especially so since you all paid so much for your condos. But that's provided it's the same brand of wood we are referring to. From the pictures I've seen and the problem all of you have described, I highly suspect so.

Many of us feel this wood is of low quality. It is highly likely not suitable for use in Singapore. But Hoi Hup kept denying it. Now you may see a bit of problem only. When the time comes, it will get so bad the whole flooring can look like they are rotting. I am not kidding.

From now on, you will hear a lot of stupid excuses given by Hoi Hup on the wood flooring defects. If you want, list down here what they told you! I've heard one recently: The black stain is due to the wax. This kind of silly explanation sounds like it came from a 3-year old kid.

After suffering a few years, I will never recommend anyone to buy properties by Hoi Hup! It's that bad.

No government agency will help in this either. I realize developers can easily get away with such rubbish unless you all do something drastic, like seeking legal help. Do you all have access to any lawyer?

There is a Straits Times journalist who would like to interview any Vacanza resident who experiences the wood problem. Anyone of you ok to be interviewed? Please let me know by PM here or email to [email protected]

Please send me pictures of your defective flooring also if you have.

This is urgent. Thanks.

mshlin
07-04-14, 13:01
:p looks not bad.

mshlin
07-04-14, 13:08
Never use Starhub before. But its price is cheaper than Singtel, of course the speed is also lower than Singtel according to IDA.
If you also subscribe to Starhub's other services, it could be better as bundle.
I will wait the SITEX in early June to subsribe the fibre broadband.

Hi,

Renovation almost completed and now looking to apply fibre broadband services. Spoke to M1, SingTel and Starhub over the phone. For a low-tech person like me, I find Starhub explanation and procedure most straightforward (and without additional charges here and there). Is Starhub fibre broadband credible and stable?

mygeemeel
07-04-14, 13:22
There are many ways to get developer to rectify whether within or after DLP.

Gather as many owners as possible. Form a committee and write in.

you can also ask BCA (read up their guidelines on checking defects) and MP for help.

you may consider legal to document all defects and file class action.

hold payment (via legal) until all defects repaired.

lastly go to media.

All depends how much time you have.

good luck.

talk
07-04-14, 14:04

Any idea if these are partial or fully furnished?

If partially furnished, then I think it's not too bad.

dell1000
07-04-14, 17:20
There are many ways to get developer to rectify whether within or after DLP.

Gather as many owners as possible. Form a committee and write in.

you can also ask BCA (read up their guidelines on checking defects) and MP for help.

you may consider legal to document all defects and file class action.

hold payment (via legal) until all defects repaired.

lastly go to media.

All depends how much time you have.

good luck.

should we post this on strait times?

dell1000
07-04-14, 17:33

hi, mshlin:

where can we get these data ?

Thanks

AndreChon
07-04-14, 19:56
Hi all,

I believe many of you do not know or appreciate the seriousness about the wood defect and I can totally understand that. You have only moved in recently and have not experienced the full blown defects that the wood can do to your home.

Let me give you 2 more examples of what can happen just months or a year later:
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d58/ChanDavid/CityView-JamesGohresized_zpsfce6f8b6.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d58/ChanDavid/CityView-SimonKHHo4resized_zps844c715a.jpg

Note that the defects are not of any fault by the residents at all. Neither was there any water leak. It's the wood problem. It absorbs moisture too easily.

You may think it's just about changing the black stained wood. It's not that simple! You can try changing as many times as you want but the problem will come back sooner or later, and it can happen to almost any part of your flooring.

Whatever possible methods some Vacanza residents have mentioned, we have tried them. Been there, done that. Remember, we moved in 3 years ago and the battle is still going on. In case you want to try the following:

See your MP: He or she is not responsible for your defects. At most, your issue will be re-directed to Hoi Hup, who will always say they will do their best to help you repair. But if the wood is at fault, you can repair 1,000 times. But 1,000 times the problem will occur again.

Go to BCA: BCA is not responsible for internal fittings.

Write letter to Hoi Hup, kick up a fuss, threaten them, scream, shout, etc:
Hoi Hup will tell you, they will change the wood for you. But this won't solve the problem. To the authorities, Hoi Hup is not at fault because they are doing their job.

Engage a lawyer: This is a very expensive, time consuming and long route. Are you all sure you want to get into this against a developer? Even if you win eventually, note that you do not get back your full legal fees paid. Maybe only 60-65%, as I was told.

From the way I see it, going to the media is the fastest way. We have already laid the path for you. But we sincerely need your added support so that Hoi Hup has no more excuses to give. And if they are exposed yet again, they will feel a lot more pressure to do something.

Otherwise, trust me, you will hear a lot of nonsensical excuses from them. Don't regret much later when your flooring becomes really ugly in your beautiful homes!

The Peak in Toa Payoh, also by Hoi Hup, had their defects made public last year:

http://www.stproperty.sg/articles-property/singapore-property-news/the-peak-residents-see-red-over-defects/a/100188

That caused Hoi Hup to expedite the repairs and pressured them to do something for the residents. We have been through Hoi Hup's nonsense. We know the frustrations.

Thank you very much.

mshlin
07-04-14, 21:48
URA website.
https://www.ura.gov.sg/realEstateIIWeb/resiRental/search.action

hi, mshlin:

where can we get these data ?

Thanks

CKCPA
07-04-14, 21:48
Thanks mshlin. I was very tempted to go with Starhub for the exact reason you have pointed out. But after doing some online research, it appears that Starhub broadband is not as stable and fast as the other providers (based on same mbps). As such, I decided to go with M1. No joke trying to do this over the weekend... I spent 2.5 hours queueing and completing the application process at M1 shop...

My next headache is how to hide the router wire now. My initial intention is just to put everything inside the DB but I was told that it is probably not workable as the reception maybe cut off when the door is shut...:doh:

Never use Starhub before. But its price is cheaper than Singtel, of course the speed is also lower than Singtel according to IDA.
If you also subscribe to Starhub's other services, it could be better as bundle.
I will wait the SITEX in early June to subsribe the fibre broadband.

CKCPA
07-04-14, 21:51
Geez... this really looks bad! I went to my unit to do a thorough check but todate, this problem has not appeared "yet"... If this is really happening, I will join in the but no weight to throw any claims now as no proof that I having same problem. But, indeed, any VE homeowners should do a thorough check on their wooden flooring.

Hi all,

I believe many of you do not know or appreciate the seriousness about the wood defect and I can totally understand that. You have only moved in recently and have not experienced the full blown defects that the wood can do to your home.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d58/ChanDavid/CityView-JamesGohresized_zpsfce6f8b6.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d58/ChanDavid/CityView-SimonKHHo4resized_zps844c715a.jpg

Note that the defects are not of any fault by the residents at all. Neither was there any water leak. It's the wood problem. It absorbs moisture too easily.

You may think it's just about changing the black stained wood. It's not that simple! You can try changing as many times as you want but the problem will come back sooner or later, and it can happen to almost any part of your flooring.

Whatever possible methods some Vacanza residents have mentioned, we have tried them. Been there, done that. Remember, we moved in 3 years ago and the battle is still going on. In case you want to try the following:

See your MP: He or she is not responsible for your defects. At most, your issue will be re-directed to Hoi Hup, who will always say they will do their best to help you repair. But if the wood is at fault, you can repair 1,000 times. But 1,000 times the problem will occur again.

Hoi Hup will tell you, they will change the wood for you. But this won't solve the problem. To the authorities, Hoi Hup is not at fault because they are doing their job.

Engage a lawyer: This is a very expensive, time consuming and long route. Are you all sure you want to get into this against a developer? Even if you win eventually, note that you do not get back your full legal fees paid. Maybe only 60-65%, as I was told.

From the way I see it, going to the media is the fastest way. We have already laid the path for you. But we sincerely need your added support so that Hoi Hup has no more excuses to give. And if they are exposed yet again, they will feel a lot more pressure to do something.

Otherwise, trust me, you will hear a lot of nonsensical excuses from them. Don't regret much later when your flooring becomes really ugly in your beautiful homes!

The Peak in Toa Payoh, also by Hoi Hup, had their defects made public last year:

http://www.stproperty.sg/articles-property/singapore-property-news/the-peak-residents-see-red-over-defects/a/100188

That caused Hoi Hup to expedite the repairs and pressured them to do something for the residents. We have been through Hoi Hup's nonsense. We know the frustrations.

Thank you very much.

mygeemeel
07-04-14, 21:55
Read up Sunday Times 29th Sept 2013 for ideas.

Did you document these defects after 1st time taking keys and before end of DLP?

Draven005
07-04-14, 22:25
Hallo,

I have volunteered to speak with her tomorrow early afternoon.

Hi all,

I wish I could tell you all the whole story. It will take a few hours to explain.

Unfortunately, there is little I can advise on how to proceed because Hoi Hup has continued to give us lame excuses. They even pushed the blame on us.

I am very surprised they still dare to continue using this wood, especially so since you all paid so much for your condos. But that's provided it's the same brand of wood we are referring to. From the pictures I've seen and the problem all of you have described, I highly suspect so.

Many of us feel this wood is of low quality. It is highly likely not suitable for use in Singapore. But Hoi Hup kept denying it. Now you may see a bit of problem only. When the time comes, it will get so bad the whole flooring can look like they are rotting. I am not kidding.

From now on, you will hear a lot of stupid excuses given by Hoi Hup on the wood flooring defects. If you want, list down here what they told you! I've heard one recently: The black stain is due to the wax. This kind of silly explanation sounds like it came from a 3-year old kid.

After suffering a few years, I will never recommend anyone to buy properties by Hoi Hup! It's that bad.

No government agency will help in this either. I realize developers can easily get away with such rubbish unless you all do something drastic, like seeking legal help. Do you all have access to any lawyer?

There is a Straits Times journalist who would like to interview any Vacanza resident who experiences the wood problem. Anyone of you ok to be interviewed? Please let me know by PM here or email to [email protected]

Please send me pictures of your defective flooring also if you have.

This is urgent. Thanks.

AndreChon
07-04-14, 22:42
Hallo,

Thank you for your very kind help!

Dear all, please do not quote my previous post #2353 when you do a reply. Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.

mshlin
07-04-14, 22:46
the signal will definitely become weaker if it's hidden in DB. another problem is the heat dissipation.
I plan to place wireless router on TV console. ONT in DB. Use the RJ45 socket in DB and near TV console to connect ONT and wireless router.
If really necessary, to add a WIFI repeater (e.g. AZTech WL580E, up to 300Mbps) in Bedroom 2 or MBR.

Thanks mshlin. I was very tempted to go with Starhub for the exact reason you have pointed out. But after doing some online research, it appears that Starhub broadband is not as stable and fast as the other providers (based on same mbps). As such, I decided to go with M1. No joke trying to do this over the weekend... I spent 2.5 hours queueing and completing the application process at M1 shop...

My next headache is how to hide the router wire now. My initial intention is just to put everything inside the DB but I was told that it is probably not workable as the reception maybe cut off when the door is shut...:doh:

mshlin
07-04-14, 23:00
Hi Andrechon, really appreciate your effort!
but it may be too early for us to claim from HH as it's still at the very early stage - 1 month rectification period. maybe in another 6 months, if the problem surface, we can join together to pressure HH.
I have a friend who bought a unit at Lake Vista @ Yuan Ching (DBSS).
Let's see what will happen there.

Thank you for your very kind help!

Dear all, please do not quote my previous post #2353 when you do a reply. Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.

chaoren
08-04-14, 03:35
the signal will definitely become weaker if it's hidden in DB. another problem is the heat dissipation.
I plan to place wireless router on TV console. ONT in DB. Use the RJ45 socket in DB and near TV console to connect ONT and wireless router.
If really necessary, to add a WIFI repeater (e.g. AZTech WL580E, up to 300Mbps) in Bedroom 2 or MBR.

I'm with Singtel 200 Mbps that comes with a free Dual-band Wireless Modem. I put my ONT in DB box, Dual-band Wireless Modem in bedroom 2 and I tested the wireless connectivity on my laptop in master bedroom, bedroom 3, living area & dining area which are equally strong, getting between 100 to 200 Mbps for both download/upload speed.

I even managed to go slightly above 200 Mbps at times. There is no need to add WIFI repeater at all if you put your router at the center of your home. For me, bedroom 2 is center of all areas. :p

http://i58.tinypic.com/pcg7r.jpg

chaoren
08-04-14, 03:46
but it may be too early for us to claim from HH as it's still at the very early stage - 1 month rectification period. maybe in another 6 months, if the problem surface, we can join together to pressure HH.

Hi mshlin,

Did you use the free Bona Spray Mop that the developer gave to us to mop our bedrooms floor?

We are supposed to use it to mop our bedrooms floor so that liquid will not easily get absorbed into the wood that results in it turning black.

I believed the developer didn't give the mop to the residents of previous developments, so this time they took precaution so our case is a little different from Andrechon. :tsk-tsk:

Those residents in earlier developments probably used too much liquid material to mop their bedroom floor. It can't be too wet, it will spoilt the wood.

AndreChon
08-04-14, 08:09
Hi mshlin,

Did you use the free Bona Spray Mop that the developer gave to us to mop our bedrooms floor?

We are supposed to use it to mop our bedrooms floor so that liquid will not easily get absorbed into the wood that results in it turning black.

I believed the developer didn't give the mop to the residents of previous developments, so this time they took precaution so our case is a little different from Andrechon. :tsk-tsk:

Those residents in earlier developments probably used too much liquid material to mop their bedroom floor. It can't be too wet, it will spoilt the wood.

That's not true.

mshlin: You're welcome. Yes, I suppose it may be too early now for anyone to detect the full-blown effects. I don't wish it to happen to anybody's flooring also. It's very frustrating and disappointing.

The problem is bigger than most here think. But it's probably too quick for me to share more, unless it does happen to any Vacanza resident in future, which I hope not!

I'll check back occasionally to see the progress. But at least, Vacanza residents know this is a notorious case experienced by other residents.

Lastly, do be very wary of the developer when handling them.

cdrum
08-04-14, 08:28
That's not true.

mshlin: You're welcome. Yes, I suppose it may be too early now for anyone to detect the full-blown effects. I don't wish it to happen to anybody's flooring also. It's very frustrating and disappointing.

The problem is bigger than most here think. But it's probably too quick for me to share more, unless it does happen to any Vacanza resident in future, which I hope not!

I'll check back occasionally to see the progress. But at least, Vacanza residents know this is a notorious case experienced by other residents.

Lastly, do be very wary of the developer when handling them.

I'm no expert on wood, but unless the wood is naturally super dense like Teak, it will be prone to absorbing more moisture. And with Singapore's climate (stupidly high humidity), the risk is even greater.

In my case that I posted about a few days ago, my wood floor is turning black in a specific corner in my master bedroom due to an external waterproofing issue that the defects guys acknowledged, and they say it will be remedied within 2 weeks (I doubt that completely as I think this will be a very difficult leak to find - but they're the experts, right?) I can verify this as it happened just after the heavy rain from last week, and the wall immediately above the damaged wood also has moisture spots.

That said, I'd have to agree with Chaoren - we should be careful when we clean not to put too much moisture on it. It sucks. I agree, but seems that is one thing we can do to at least prolong the lie of our flooring.

I think we shouldn't live in a fantasy land and think if raising a stink collectively will result in HH unilaterally deciding to replace all of our flooring. ;-) There's zero chance of that IMO. :(

A concern I have about going to the press is it could hurt the reputation of Vacanza - something that will come back to haunt us when we sell in 5, 10, 15 years from now............. Am I a greedy bastard? well, yes I suppose so.

emoke05
08-04-14, 08:29
Yesterday I saw a large group, developer, architect and straits constructions mostly visiting BLK 40, though no idea which floor or units.. Hopefully some of rectification solution.. :).

cdrum
08-04-14, 08:30
Now, on to a different topic.. :)

We're talking to Nippon Paint to paint our unit. The sales lady asked us if we wanted/needed sealer. (for an extra $350 I think).

The question I have for you all, do you know if the developer added sealer? The Nippon Paint lady told me that technically, they're supposed to, but that doesn't mean they do... If you do sealer once, you don't need to do it again.

what say you?

cdrum
08-04-14, 08:31
Yesterday I saw a large group, developer, architect and straits constructions mostly visiting BLK 40, though no idea which floor or units.. Hopefully some of rectification solution.. :).

OH! that could be my leak!! If so, I'm impressed as we told them on Saturday of it.

mshlin
08-04-14, 10:40
Yes I did use the Bona spray mop. Before using it, I also use spinner mop to mop the floor first as there are too much dust/plaster chip. But I let it dry for a few hours under the noon sun before I apply Bona spray. Hope it's ok.
I guess I have to use Bona every week as suggestion.

I also noticed some black spot (like mould) on the kichten door groove which for hand to hold to pull.:scared-4:

Hi mshlin,

Newbie234
08-04-14, 17:35
Yes I did use the Bona spray mop. Before using it, I also use spinner mop to mop the floor first as there are too much dust/plaster chip. But I let it dry for a few hours under the noon sun before I apply Bona spray. Hope it's ok.
I guess I have to use Bona every week as suggestion.

I also noticed some black spot (like mould) on the kichten door groove which for hand to hold to pull.:scared-4:

Mshilin, I have the same issue with the kitchen slidling door... black spot on the door groove... listed as a defect and they just paint over it... looks even worst, so I've asked them to remove the paint and leave it as it is. They said that if want to change the door, need to remove the frame and likely to affect the wall besides it!

Draven005
08-04-14, 19:33
Now that we know the nature of these contractors, I say press on and ask them to change the sliding door if necessary. Why should we pay for their mistakes. :banghead:

Mshilin, I have the same issue with the kitchen slidling door... black spot on the door groove... listed as a defect and they just paint over it... looks even worst, so I've asked them to remove the paint and leave it as it is. They said that if want to change the door, need to remove the frame and likely to affect the wall besides it!

Draven005
09-04-14, 13:26
Dear all, as mentioned in my posts, I did not have problems with my wooden parquet and wall skirting. Today I went for inspection and pleasantly surprised that the developer had changed the wood skirting, polished all my parquet (polishing machine sighted) and white washed my walls. All without me asking them. Thank you HH.

You can find the pictures of my new skirting and a box of discarded skirting.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/706t2vkglbu4gnt/fLbwkPWBey

dvldude
09-04-14, 13:45
Now, on to a different topic.. :)

We're talking to Nippon Paint to paint our unit. The sales lady asked us if we wanted/needed sealer. (for an extra $350 I think).

The question I have for you all, do you know if the developer added sealer? The Nippon Paint lady told me that technically, they're supposed to, but that doesn't mean they do... If you do sealer once, you don't need to do it again.

what say you?

pretty sure sealant is not used, I complained about the paint on the wall, the reply I get is the roller they used, that cause the different shades of paint. For me, I get wallpaper, and they will be doing the sealant and then the wallpaper so I let it be.

dvldude
09-04-14, 13:49
I'm with Singtel 200 Mbps that comes with a free Dual-band Wireless Modem. I put my ONT in DB box, Dual-band Wireless Modem in bedroom 2 and I tested the wireless connectivity on my laptop in master bedroom, bedroom 3, living area & dining area which are equally strong, getting between 100 to 200 Mbps for both download/upload speed.

I even managed to go slightly above 200 Mbps at times. There is no need to add WIFI repeater at all if you put your router at the center of your home. For me, bedroom 2 is center of all areas. :p

http://i58.tinypic.com/pcg7r.jpg

thumbs up, I just got their 300mpbs, they will be installing for me two weeks later. Just to check, did you get their bundle as well as just the fibre optics?

chaoren
09-04-14, 14:58
thumbs up, I just got their 300mpbs, they will be installing for me two weeks later. Just to check, did you get their bundle as well as just the fibre optics?

Bundle because I have 4 Singtel mobile lines to enjoy 25% discount off monthly subscription.

Actually 200mbps is good enough because for wireless their modem is said to be only able to support up to 110mbps. Only wired connectivity can get you up to 300mbps on condition that your computer hardware can support that speed. If not, for normal desktop computer, the motherboard with built-in Ethernet port is only able to support upload/download speed of maximum 100mbps unless you buy extra hardware part such as gigabyte Ethernet card to plug in to additional port that ur motherboard may have.

200mbps is already very fast.

cdrum
09-04-14, 17:26
pretty sure sealant is not used, I complained about the paint on the wall, the reply I get is the roller they used, that cause the different shades of paint. For me, I get wallpaper, and they will be doing the sealant and then the wallpaper so I let it be.

Many thanks

musras
09-04-14, 20:41
Hi Draven005. Did they destroy your wall when they remove the skirting? I put my skirting as defect but they chipped my wall in few spots instead while they tried to remove the skirting. After that they tried to paste plaster on top of the chipped wall. Now my wall looks ugly! And the best part is the skirting is not even changed!

Dear all, as mentioned in my posts, I did not have problems with my wooden parquet and wall skirting. Today I went for inspection and pleasantly surprised that the developer had changed the wood skirting, polished all my parquet (polishing machine sighted) and white washed my walls. All without me asking them. Thank you HH.

Sharky
09-04-14, 21:21
Seemed like no more update on the Tuition centre (instead of a convenience store!) and the wide open no security condo.

I guess our fate is sealed.

chaoren
09-04-14, 22:05
Seemed like no more update on the Tuition centre (instead of a convenience store!) and the wide open no security condo.

I guess our fate is sealed.

I did see security guard taking down particulars of visitors driving their car in yesterday.

cdrum
09-04-14, 22:15
I did see security guard taking down particulars of visitors driving their car in yesterday.

On Saturday we were there getting a bunch of stuff done (appliance deliveries, lighting installed, and nippon paint assessment). The nippon paint sales lady wasn't asked questions on entering, but as she was driving out, one of the guards stopped her and gave her real trouble as the guard thought she was distributing flyers illegally. (maybe she was, who knows...) but I find it odd the guard thought to check on EXIT, and not ENTRANCE!!!

Draven005
09-04-14, 22:23
Howdy neighbour, my walls are intact and re-whitewashed. I am really happy that they have taken action without me prompting them.

Further, regarding the items on my defect list, they have sandblasted the wall after patching holes in my balcony wall (brown painted).

Just one small item left before I can start my Reno; regarding the metal kitchen door next to store room, they tried to pull a fast one on me by removing my rubber strips which I requested replacement. Briefly reprimanded Tamil and gave him until Saturday to rectify this.

Looking forward to start Reno and move in.

Hi Draven005. Did they destroy your wall when they remove the skirting? I put my skirting as defect but they chipped my wall in few spots instead while they tried to remove the skirting. After that they tried to paste plaster on top of the chipped wall. Now my wall looks ugly! And the best part is the skirting is not even changed!

Akira Fudou
10-04-14, 22:36
may i know how should i proceed to claim back the property tax from the developer?

teobryan
11-04-14, 16:08

....... and i saw security guard allowing people to move in at around 11pm last nite!!! :tsk-tsk:

chaoren
13-04-14, 01:10
may i know how should i proceed to claim back the property tax from the developer?

You need to pay first to IRAS then forward a copy for the proof of your payment plus the property tax bill to your law firm who is acting on your behalf for your property to claim from the developer.

If you are in phase 2 (e.g blk 36,38,40,42) then the claimable period is only from 7 January 2014 to 28 January 2014.

cdrum
13-04-14, 09:22
You need to pay first to IRAS then forward a copy for the proof of your payment plus the property tax bill to your law firm who is acting on your behalf for your property to claim from the developer.

If you are in phase 2 (e.g blk 36,38,40,42) then the claimable period is only from 7 January 2014 to 28 January 2014.

I thought the IRAS would have assessed your property first for property tax? ours hasn't AFAIK (block 40)

Update: strike that. they did. I just didn't get anything in the mail!

Akira Fudou
13-04-14, 17:08

Bro thank you. is the law firm gonna charge us a fee for this?

canggl
13-04-14, 22:27
Hi, anyone done up the metal gate ? Any advice on pricing n contractor used ?

mamamee88
14-04-14, 13:04
Hallo,

Have you talked to the journalist? Can share when the interview article will be released?

cvincent
14-04-14, 19:51
Bro thank you. is the law firm gonna charge us a fee for this?

just did this today. around 700$ plus. gonna claim around 100$ plus. shud b depending on ur initial arrangement w e law firm? i got e bao everything

Draven005
14-04-14, 21:25
Nope. She did not call me at all.
Have you talked to the journalist? Can share when the interview article will be released?

babyt
15-04-14, 11:04
Bundle because I have 4 Singtel mobile lines to enjoy 25% discount off monthly subscription.

Actually 200mbps is good enough because for wireless their modem is said to be only able to support up to 110mbps. Only wired connectivity can get you up to 300mbps on condition that your computer hardware can support that speed. If not, for normal desktop computer, the motherboard with built-in Ethernet port is only able to support upload/download speed of maximum 100mbps unless you buy extra hardware part such as gigabyte Ethernet card to plug in to additional port that ur motherboard may have.

200mbps is already very fast.

actually, our mobile devices like smartphone , laptop can only connect up to 30Mbps wirelessly. paying for 200mbps is also useless. i will get the cheapest plan.

tiger&pooh
15-04-14, 11:35
This is by far the most OPEN condo entrance i've ever seen. Till now i still do not understand why the barrier is built so far down the slope and not within sight. Why isn't the guardhouse built in the middle with two barriers for IN n OUT? Imagine during rainy days, the visitors have alight and change pass?

By the way, are you guys going to push for the tap in the balcony as drawn in the plumbing plans approved by a PE?

Agree with Jeremylbt. It is poor design

tiger&pooh
15-04-14, 12:33
Hi all,

Thank you very much.

Hi
Are they using Bauwerk tiles?
This is what they use for vacanza at east

tiger&pooh
15-04-14, 12:42
Hi all,

Thank you very much.

Geez... this really looks bad! I went to my unit to do a thorough check but todate, this problem has not appeared "yet"... If this is really happening, I will join in the but no weight to throw any claims now as no proof that I having same problem. But, indeed, any VE homeowners should do a thorough check on their wooden flooring.

Hi
I away also told by the straits construction who help us do the defect not to use water to mop the bed rooms
He told me the tiles will turn black.
He say we are to use the solution in the 'free mop' only.
Now I am concern, how should we clean the room? As parquet cleaner will be expensive.
Should we request the parquet to be wax/lacquer then? I requested but was told this wood cannot be lacquer ..

mshlin
16-04-14, 08:56
yea, once a week i mop the wooden floor with the free mop & the solution. I also bought a 5L one from BHG during sales.:rolleyes:

Hi
I away also told by the straits construction who help us do the defect not to use water to mop the bed rooms
Now I am concern, how should we clean the room? As parquet cleaner will be expensive.
Should we request the parquet to be wax/lacquer then? I requested but was told this wood cannot be lacquer ..

DC33_2008
16-04-14, 09:20
The timber may not be properly treated during the processing stage.
Hi

tiger&pooh
17-04-14, 01:24
yea, once a week i mop the wooden floor with the free mop & the solution. I also bought a 5L one from BHG during sales.:rolleyes:
Oh I didn't know they sell it at b&g.
How to use the solution?
By itself? Without any water?
Need to clean first?

tiger&pooh
17-04-14, 01:29
I wrote to LTA regarding proposing a bridge
" ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject : Request to build overhead bridge to allow residence to go over to the other side of PIE
Body :
Hi
I would like to suggest and request the MOT or LTA to build an overhead bridge (see blue color line) across the PIE (see map below) to allow residents who stay along the PIE to have access to the estate opposite the PIE.
With this overhead bridge and some pavements, Residents from condo estates on Vacanza and possibly Escada view will have assess to the various facilities like (markets, shops, park connectors) across the estates.
Furthermore, with the upcoming Downtown line Stage 3, residents from the estates Vacanza, Escada (etc) will be able to walk to Bedok North station to travel to mrt without the need to drive. This would have achieved the long term plan to make public transport more accessible which will encourage more Singaporeans and residents to take public transport (instead of driving).
I also suggest to build some pavements along the expressway to connect the neighborhood residents to the new overhead bridge.
I have surveyed the area and find that it could be feasible to build an overhead bridge along the area.
With the overhead bridge done, we will build new side gate from our apartments to allow assess to the overhead bridge.

For your kind consideration please.
"

This is the reply
"
Request to build overhead bridge to allow residence to go over to the other side of PIE (SE-Kembangan-Chai Chee)
FEEDBACK NUMBER: 20140216-0006

Thank you for writing in to the Land Transport Authority (LTA) on 16 February 2014. We note regarding your suggestion for a pedestrian overhead bridge (POB) to be built across the Pan-Island Expressway (PIE) near your condominium, Vacanza @ East.

As you have been aware, there is no footpath connectivity at the requested location. However, we would like to highlight that presently, the footpath along Bedok North Road will lead to the POB linking Bedok Industrial Estate and the HDB estate across the PIE. There is also another footpath near Lengkong Tiga to connect the existing Siglap Park Connector.
At the same time, we would also like to explain that when assessing the provision of a new POB, factors such as demand and function needs to be considered. Currently, based on the existing and projected demand of the bridge, it is likely that it will only serve 1-2 residential developments. Hence, provision of a new POB will only be provided when the crossing demand is high.

You may wish to feedback to your condominium management with regard to submitting a proposal on the opening of a pedestrian back gate (near PIE) and footpath to nearby POBs (subjected to affected agencies approval).

Once, again, we appreciate your insightful suggestion and your understanding on the matter.

Yours sincerely

Lau Chin Hwang
Principal Service Quality Officer
Service Quality Division

"

mshlin
17-04-14, 22:03
yes, need to clean the floor first (to remove dust, particles, hairs, etc.). I cleaned the floor first with normal mop, then use the free mop & solution.
no need water. slot the container of solution to the mop. a handle allows you to spray the solution to floor.
the free one is about 750ml. the one I bought is to top up when it's used up.

Oh I didn't know they sell it at b&g.
How to use the solution?
By itself? Without any water?
Need to clean first?

AndreChon
18-04-14, 03:09
Hi

Hi, let me check back with you again on the condition of your wood in a few months' time.

cdrum
18-04-14, 10:34
Hi, let me check back with you again on the condition of your wood in a few months' time.

Are you hoping the flooring will turn black?

chaoren
18-04-14, 10:57
actually, our mobile devices like smartphone , laptop can only connect up to 30Mbps wirelessly. paying for 200mbps is also useless. i will get the cheapest plan.

Nope, you are wrong. Its way more than 30Mbps

I have tested both my desktop & laptop wireless connectivity from my master bedroom to my dual band wireless router is in bedroom 2.

For desktop & laptop, I am able to reach up to around 200 mbps on 5.0ghz frequency.

For my mobile phone, I am using IPhone 5 and I am getting an upload/download speed of around 80 mbps regardless if its on 5.0ghz or 2.4ghz frequency.

Therefore based on the above findings, I conclude desktop & laptop are able to fully utilise the maximum speed of 200mbps while my iPhone 5 only able to reach up to 100mbps. This means I did not sign up for the wrong broadband speed. Usually it is more dependency on the broadband frequency you are on and the device used to connect to the router.

See below screenshot of my iPhone 5 test result:
http://oi61.tinypic.com/2uyiop4.jpg

Akira Fudou
18-04-14, 14:20
Any good Reno contractor to recommend?

CKCPA
18-04-14, 15:21
Internet all set up. Placed everything in the db and am glad to tell everyone that reception is no problem for me anywhere in the unit. Mine is 200mbps from M1.

AndreChon
18-04-14, 15:30
Are you hoping the flooring will turn black?

No. If it turns black means no good.

I will "check back" means to see if everything is ok. There's a history behind this, that's why.

chaoren
18-04-14, 15:58
Internet all set up. Placed everything in the db and am glad to tell everyone that reception is no problem for me anywhere in the unit. Mine is 200mbps from M1.

How is the speed of your wireless connectivity of your laptop or desktop in the room furthest away to your router that is in DB?

Also which unit type is yours?

This way we can do a comparison with mind.

CKCPA
18-04-14, 16:19
Mine is B3 type unit. I have gotten full bar on my mobile and laptop and tablet at the furthest point from the DB i.e. master bedroom balcony. Downloading was really fast too. (Layman here so not sure how to describe the speed...) I tried it with the DB door fully shut.

Very happy!

How is the speed of your wireless connectivity of your laptop or desktop in the room furthest away to your router that is in DB?

Also which unit type is yours?

This way we can do a comparison with mind.

chaoren
18-04-14, 19:42
Mine is B3 type unit. I have gotten full bar on my mobile and laptop and tablet at the furthest point from the DB i.e. master bedroom balcony. Downloading was really fast too. (Layman here so not sure how to describe the speed...) I tried it with the DB door fully shut.

Very happy!

Please use this to check your download & upload speed: http://www.speedtest.net

CKCPA
18-04-14, 21:26
Ok, let me do this when I go back to unit on Sunday.

Please use this to check your download & upload speed: http://www.speedtest.net

CKCPA
19-04-14, 20:52
Hi,

Ok, just swing by to unit to take something. Test result on my Samsung phone is 104.16 for download and 96.63 for upload. It's that good or bad?

QUOTE=CKCPA;473991]Ok, let me do this when I go back to unit on Sunday.[/QUOTE]

chaoren
20-04-14, 19:14
Hi,

Ok, just swing by to unit to take something. Test result on my Samsung phone is 104.16 for download and 96.63 for upload. It's that good or bad?

QUOTE=CKCPA;473991]Ok, let me do this when I go back to unit on Sunday.[/QUOTE]

It's better than my iPhone 5.
I only managed to get 85mbps both ways. It could be type of phone issue not the ISP problem

But on my laptop & desktop during certain intervals, it able to reach 200 Mbps or slightly more.

If u can try with laptop or desktop it's more accurate.

CKCPA
21-04-14, 20:21
Ok, thanks. Actually, anything more than 30mbps will be "fantastic" for me. My current home internet speed is so slow that my benchmark has become very low. Haha.

QUOTE=chaoren;474297][/QUOTE]

It's better than my iPhone 5.
I only managed to get 85mbps both ways. It could be type of phone issue not the ISP problem

But on my laptop & desktop during certain intervals, it able to reach 200 Mbps or slightly more.

If u can try with laptop or desktop it's more accurate.[/QUOTE]

dell1000
22-04-14, 16:40
Thanks very much for your effort.
I think build a back door and a path link with the current path to overhead bridge is more easy and affordable for government or us.
Of course, if there is a new overhead bridge is better.

Thanks tiger&pooh again:)

I wrote to LTA regarding proposing a bridge
" ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject : Request to build overhead bridge to allow residence to go over to the other side of PIE
Body :
Hi
I would like to suggest and request the MOT or LTA to build an overhead bridge (see blue color line) across the PIE (see map below) to allow residents who stay along the PIE to have access to the estate opposite the PIE.
With this overhead bridge and some pavements, Residents from condo estates on Vacanza and possibly Escada view will have assess to the various facilities like (markets, shops, park connectors) across the estates.
Furthermore, with the upcoming Downtown line Stage 3, residents from the estates Vacanza, Escada (etc) will be able to walk to Bedok North station to travel to mrt without the need to drive. This would have achieved the long term plan to make public transport more accessible which will encourage more Singaporeans and residents to take public transport (instead of driving).
I also suggest to build some pavements along the expressway to connect the neighborhood residents to the new overhead bridge.
I have surveyed the area and find that it could be feasible to build an overhead bridge along the area.
With the overhead bridge done, we will build new side gate from our apartments to allow assess to the overhead bridge.

For your kind consideration please.
"

This is the reply
"
Request to build overhead bridge to allow residence to go over to the other side of PIE (SE-Kembangan-Chai Chee)
FEEDBACK NUMBER: 20140216-0006

Thank you for writing in to the Land Transport Authority (LTA) on 16 February 2014. We note regarding your suggestion for a pedestrian overhead bridge (POB) to be built across the Pan-Island Expressway (PIE) near your condominium, Vacanza @ East.

As you have been aware, there is no footpath connectivity at the requested location. However, we would like to highlight that presently, the footpath along Bedok North Road will lead to the POB linking Bedok Industrial Estate and the HDB estate across the PIE. There is also another footpath near Lengkong Tiga to connect the existing Siglap Park Connector.
At the same time, we would also like to explain that when assessing the provision of a new POB, factors such as demand and function needs to be considered. Currently, based on the existing and projected demand of the bridge, it is likely that it will only serve 1-2 residential developments. Hence, provision of a new POB will only be provided when the crossing demand is high.

You may wish to feedback to your condominium management with regard to submitting a proposal on the opening of a pedestrian back gate (near PIE) and footpath to nearby POBs (subjected to affected agencies approval).

Once, again, we appreciate your insightful suggestion and your understanding on the matter.

Yours sincerely

Lau Chin Hwang
Principal Service Quality Officer
Service Quality Division

"

canggl
22-04-14, 22:51
Hi all, are we not perusing the main gate/ barrier issue already ?

dvldude
22-04-14, 23:17
Hi all, are we not perusing the main gate/ barrier issue already ?

we are definitely, the last reply from Hoi Hup is they will seek clarifications with the relevant government bodies and give us an answer.

akyh1981
23-04-14, 21:15
Hi fellow owners, i met up kumar today to run thru defects list. was told that the lever (for open/close basin drainage) is meant to look different. the ones in master toilet and guest toilet look different. do you see this?

was also told that the guest shower room will not have the small shelf for putting items, unlike the master shower room. is it the same for your unit?

thanks

canggl
24-04-14, 07:13
we are definitely, the last reply from Hoi Hup is they will seek clarifications with the relevant government bodies and give us an answer.

Thks :) hopefully they will not take too long.. Really think we need it as the guards are really not stopping anyone from getting in and those installed barriers are not in operation !

dell1000
24-04-14, 10:07
Received from Hoi Hup on Apr 10th,
"Our Architects are in the midst of clarification with LTA on the matter. We will revert to you upon reply from them."
However, LTA reply they have no such issue, maybe under LTA another department.
Anyway, we did what we can, the final action is to refuse to pay the left 10 or 15%.

Thks :) hopefully they will not take too long.. Really think we need it as the guards are really not stopping anyone from getting in and those installed barriers are not in operation !

Tripp
24-04-14, 15:14
Any updates on the child care centre? What does HH have to say about the non-residents enrollment.

dvldude
24-04-14, 23:50
Hi fellow owners, i met up kumar today to run thru defects list. was told that the lever (for open/close basin drainage) is meant to look different. the ones in master toilet and guest toilet look different. do you see this?

was also told that the guest shower room will not have the small shelf for putting items, unlike the master shower room. is it the same for your unit?

thanks

mine same as yours

dvldude
24-04-14, 23:52
Any updates on the child care centre? What does HH have to say about the non-residents enrollment.

HH have asked the child care centre to close down if I'm not wrong as beforehand they did not get the approval from HH.

cdrum
25-04-14, 22:12
This is my first night living in our condo (moved in this morning).

Anyone know what the hell these flying bugs that attacked my ceiling lights earlier this evening were?

Draven005
26-04-14, 00:05
Flying ants? Bedok reservoir mayfly?

Need to call NEA? This land was a grassland for many years and no wonder these bugs come back to breed.

Anyone know what the hell these flying bugs that attacked my ceiling lights earlier this evening were?

jasonetee
26-04-14, 05:47

Seems to be on hold at the moment as various lawyers fight it out. Have to wait and see.

mshlin
26-04-14, 09:12
mine has spiders:doh:.

cdrum
29-04-14, 17:55
It may be of interest to note that the commercial unit is back on commercialguru, relisted today.

http://www.commercialguru.com.sg/listing/16971482/for-rent-vacanza-east

Could it be intentional? Or perhaps an automated mistake?

dell1000
30-04-14, 08:44
It may be of interest to note that the commercial unit is back on commercialguru, relisted today.

the rental price so high, 5.5K
who knows the buying price for this unit?

Francis Woo
30-04-14, 14:02
Finally, the curtains are up and they really look elegant in the living and 2 bedrooms.....
Living Room http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm144/franciswookimleong/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20140430_111120_zpsw9yymesd.jpg
2nd room
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm144/franciswookimleong/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20140430_111135_zpsittd0qlm.jpg
Master room
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm144/franciswookimleong/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20140430_111157_zpspumtznkn.jpg
All these for less than 9 hundred plus!!:o

chaoren
01-05-14, 10:54
Finally, the curtains are up and they really look elegant in the living and 2 bedrooms.....
Living Room http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm144/franciswookimleong/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20140430_111120_zpsw9yymesd.jpg
2nd room
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm144/franciswookimleong/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20140430_111135_zpsittd0qlm.jpg
Master room
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm144/franciswookimleong/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20140430_111157_zpspumtznkn.jpg

Can't see your photo clearly, quite dark.
Looks like the price is on a little high side.

Is it because there is some unique designer pattern/design or photo imprinted on your night curtain?

I bought ready made ones. Mind looked similar to yours except my day curtain is a little more special, with some gold colour parallel strip design on it and I got them all for total about $100 inclusive of day curtain + night curtain + railing but only for my master bedroom.

hyenergix
01-05-14, 11:16
2nd room
Master room

Looks good. Can pm me ur curtain vendor contacts? Thanks.

Sharky
01-05-14, 12:07

Advert mentioned that shop is open to public. Strange

Francis Woo
01-05-14, 14:56
Looks good. Can pm me ur curtain vendor contacts? Thanks.

I would suggest you take a look first and see for yourself whether you like it or not. Let me know when you are down so that we can meet up and I can show you. If you live in the higher floors, it will be very much cheaper in view of the lower ceiling vs my ground floor unit! Cheers

dell1000
02-05-14, 08:49
yesterday connect my TV with the interface on the wall, and found that the picture is not clear, and sound buzz.
I am not sure it is TV issue or connect issue , or the interface issue.
Anyone has the similar problem ?

jasonetee
02-05-14, 13:18
Anyone free tomorrow at 4pm? Minister Tan has arranged for the chairman of citizens consultative committee to meet up and discuss about our issues. Interested parties pls pm me. I will let you know of the location. Thank you.

cvincent
02-05-14, 13:47
hi mshlin, here u go.

tiger&pooh
03-05-14, 09:27
Hi Francis/all

Can you share any good and reasonably priced curtain contact please?

Francis Woo
03-05-14, 09:46
Pls call John at 93365052. He is a busy guy so make the appointment and stick to it. You can mention my name as a referral.

He did the wooden blinds for me in Shore and now the curtains in Vacanza. Reasonably price and good workmanship too.

If you like to view the installed curtains at my place, contact me at 96793411.

jeremylbt
03-05-14, 09:47
http://postimg.org/image/xwmy2wmrh/

http://postimg.org/image/xvd09hkxp/

http://postimg.org/image/svfk1jfb1/

http://postimg.org/image/9cays6gjh/

I did my curtains with this reliable and value for Money supplier. I did my blinds with them too. Intending to do more wallpaper with them as well.

If u are interested can pm me for contacts.

Hi Francis/all

Can you share any good and reasonably priced curtain contact please?

jeremylbt
04-05-14, 00:30
Just realised my pictures not loaded.

http://imageshack.com/i/nhvwugj

http://imageshack.com/i/ndsjoxhj

http://imageshack.com/i/n67xgnj

http://imageshack.com/i/na30fvj

I did my curtains with this reliable and value for Money supplier. I did my blinds with them too. Intending to do more wallpaper with them as well.

If u are interested can pm me for contacts.

wmkhor
06-05-14, 23:47
Hi all! Have seen a couple of carpenters bringing custom made furniture. I'm looking to make a shoe cabinet. Anyone with recommendations please?

musras
08-05-14, 18:54
Hi everyone. Does anyone have the shuttle bus schedule that you can upload here pls? I remember someone uploaded it before but I can't find it anymore. Thank you in advance!

GSLJ
08-05-14, 19:23
Hi everyone. Does anyone have the shuttle bus schedule that you can upload here pls? I remember someone uploaded it before but I can't find it anymore. Thank you in advance!Not sure if this is what you are looking for, hope it helps. :)

http://forums.condosingapore.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8056&d=1391494462

mshlin
08-05-14, 22:02
A FB group. Welcome owners!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/312004395617077/

musras
08-05-14, 22:38
Not sure if this is what you are looking for, hope it helps. :)

http://forums.condosingapore.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8056&d=1391494462

Thank you so much! :)

mshlin
08-05-14, 22:51
when you request to join the group, pls indicate your nickname in the forum. :cheers5:

A FB group. Welcome owners!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/312004395617077/

Francis Woo
12-05-14, 16:41
Got all the lighting fixtures installed except one which I bought from Lights Store Pte Ltd for the dinning area. Opened up the packing and there was no instruction manual as to how to install the ceiling bracket and my electrician could not figure out how! Call the store and later they send 2 photos on the installation steps by which time my electrician has left. Now I m stuck and to call an electrician just to install one light is to going to cost me!

Dammit, pls make sure when you buy from this store!!:simmering:

chaoren
13-05-14, 20:59
For neighbors that do not feel comfortable or do not use Facebook or Whatsapp, I have created a 'WeChat' group that is favored by Chinese.

Simply use the QR code as in the attached herewith to scan using your wechat QR scanner found under the menu 'Discover' and then select 'Scan QR Code' to join the chat group.

jeremylbt
14-05-14, 18:56
Hi all,

I've received a call from my law firm that CSC has been issued for Vacanza!! That's damn freaking fast.

I tot it's usually 1 year after TOP. Now we have to pay 13%.

palvin
15-05-14, 18:22
Hi, does anyone have any problem connecting their washing machine to the tap in the laundry area?

I bought a whirlpool washer with a typical hose & connector, but water will leak out when I turn the tap on. I was told by Courts staff that the tap head is too shallow and tap itself is very uncommon.

Any comments or advice appreciated.

Thanks.

Komo
15-05-14, 20:58
Hi, does anyone have any problem connecting their washing machine to the tap in the laundry area?

I bought a whirlpool washer with a typical hose & connector, but water will leak out when I turn the tap on. I was told by Courts staff that the tap head is too shallow and tap itself is very uncommon.

Thanks.
my deliverers even told me I have to change the tap !!!!
I managed to connect the hose without leakage using 2 washers.

mshlin
15-05-14, 21:32
Same here. Need to add one more gasket which you can buy from hardware shop.
You may also find the tap beside toilet bowl is uncommon too. You have to buy an adapter.
Stupid designer/architect!

Thanks.

palvin
15-05-14, 21:41
my deliverers even told me I have to change the tap !!!!
I managed to connect the hose without leakage using 2 washers.

Thanks for the reply & suggestion. Indeed I'm thinking of changing the tap! Mgt office said no one complained abt this :simmering: Courts told me it's a very uncommon tap that hh installed. Sigh

Sharky
16-05-14, 11:35
How much did you pay for the outdoor roller blinds installed at the balcony?

chaoren
19-05-14, 12:33
How much did you pay for the outdoor roller blinds installed at the balcony?

Which types are you looking at? Manual or Motorised?
Day & Night blinds or only the Day blind?

I am also in the mids of doing it as well and gathering as many quotes as I can at the moment.

Lesser neighbours use the forum now. Nowadays, our neighbours are using the mobile application 'WeChat' to get quick replies from each others. It will be good if you can join in the chat then we can get a better price for a group buy.

Download 'WeChat' app from your mobile application store.
Next, use the QR code as in the attached herewith to scan using your 'WeChat' QR scanner found under WeChat menu 'Discover' and then select 'Scan QR Code' to join the chat group.

Sharky
19-05-14, 19:43
I am looking at the outdoor manual roller blind that is approved by the Condo Management

What is the status of the gate installation now?
Seem like no progress.

Which types are you looking at? Manual or Motorised?
Day & Night blinds or only the Day blind?

I am also in the mids of doing it as well and gathering as many quotes as I can at the moment.

Lesser neighbours use the forum now. Nowadays, our neighbours are using the mobile application 'WeChat' to get quick replies from each others. It will be good if you can join in the chat then we can get a better price for a group buy.

Download 'WeChat' app from your mobile application store.
Next, use the QR code as in the attached herewith to scan using your 'WeChat' QR scanner found under WeChat menu 'Discover' and then select 'Scan QR Code' to join the chat group.

jasonetee
22-05-14, 16:09
Heard that the developer is re-submitting the application.

chaoren
31-05-14, 19:16
I am looking at the outdoor manual roller blind that is approved by the Condo Management

What is the status of the gate installation now?
Seem like no progress.

Should be sticking with the "STOP SECURITY CHECK" sign board for now.

I researched many outdoor blinds suppliers including Curtain Boutique (the one with their name card and free sample outside management office). Curtain Boutique's price is $1500+.

Quotations I get for master bedroom balcony ranging from $1800+ to $1500+ to $1150 to $970 to $896.

Whoever that you choose, make sure they have wind guide support so that during heavy rainstorm or massive wind, the blinds do not fly all over.

I end up with the cheapest supplier that comes with 5 years warranty. I bargained a little for better price and called it a deal.

My blinds will be ready before Father's Day. Stay tuned... if it turns out to be good, will recommend to more of you.

mshlin
31-05-14, 21:01
Good!:cheers1:
today saw one unit facing landed is doing the blinds.

I researched many outdoor blinds suppliers including Curtain Boutique (the one with their name card and free sample outside management office). Curtain Boutique's price is $1500+.

Quotations I get for master bedroom balcony ranging from $1800+ to $1500+ to $1150 to $970 to $896.

Whoever that you choose, make sure they have wind guide support so that during heavy rainstorm or massive wind, the blinds do not fly all over.

I end up with the cheapest supplier that comes with 5 years warranty. I bargained a little for better price and called it a deal.

My blinds will be ready before Father's Day. Stay tuned... if it turns out to be good, will recommend to more of you.

dell1000
04-06-14, 09:12

Thanks for your information, waiting for your comments

dvldude
04-06-14, 17:49
any recommendations for cocoon swing?

Hsuperman
11-06-14, 14:14
Hi All,

i sent an email to the management regarding the shuttle bus service.
Not too sure if guys here are aware of the current shuttle bus situation.

Excerpt from the email sent>>

I would like to bring your attention to the shuttle bus service during its last trip back to Vacanza on weekdays and Saturdays.

The shuttle bus stops at Kembangan MRT at 8pm, and drives back to the condominium and parks there overnight for the next day's service.

The bus driver does not ferry the residents back to the condo from Kembangan MRT at 8pm. Also, residents coming back from Bedok MRT, will have to alight at Kembangan MRT from the shuttle bus, and take the feeder bus 42 back to the condo, even though the shuttle bus is going back to the condo!

This does not make any sense to me, as the last alighting stop for the residents should be Vacanza, and not at Kembangan MRT.

>>

Are you all aware of this? This current arrangement defeats the purpose of having the shuttle bus doesn't it?
Really silly for the residents to have to alight and wait for the bus 42 to head back home after a long day despite having the shuttle bus driving back to Vacanza at 8pm.

Any comments?

Blacknight
11-06-14, 18:21
I have a pair of outdoor blinds to sell, approved colour tone for Vacanza.

Brand: VB Blind
Wide: 150cm and 155cm
Length: not sure, but full window coverage for my unit and come with cables.
Condition: almost like new, less than 3 month old.

Purchase for $900, letting go at $300. Buyer has to find your own installer.

Interested please pm me.

dvldude
12-06-14, 12:57
I just realised when my wife told me about it yesterday, the bus driver also told her that the condo management have met up with the bus operator company to discuss further improvements to the schedule.

Two main concerns, one will be for the morning traffic congestion and more frequent rides from Vacanza to Kembangan MRT, they will not be going to Bedok MRT. The other concern will be the last trip have to end at Vacanza, it make no point of ending at Kembangan MRT, while the bus driver parked the bus back at Vacanza.

Hi All,

i sent an email to the management regarding the shuttle bus service.
Not too sure if guys here are aware of the current shuttle bus situation.

Excerpt from the email sent>>

I would like to bring your attention to the shuttle bus service during its last trip back to Vacanza on weekdays and Saturdays.

The shuttle bus stops at Kembangan MRT at 8pm, and drives back to the condominium and parks there overnight for the next day's service.

The bus driver does not ferry the residents back to the condo from Kembangan MRT at 8pm. Also, residents coming back from Bedok MRT, will have to alight at Kembangan MRT from the shuttle bus, and take the feeder bus 42 back to the condo, even though the shuttle bus is going back to the condo!

This does not make any sense to me, as the last alighting stop for the residents should be Vacanza, and not at Kembangan MRT.

>>

Are you all aware of this? This current arrangement defeats the purpose of having the shuttle bus doesn't it?
Really silly for the residents to have to alight and wait for the bus 42 to head back home after a long day despite having the shuttle bus driving back to Vacanza at 8pm.

Any comments?

Sharky
15-06-14, 16:40
Hopefully they can install more.
In the multi storey or basement carpark please.
Look at the sight of this, definitely not enough.

Jellybean
06-08-14, 13:46
Is it true that when we rent out our unit, the property tax will also be higher?:confused:

siewsphone
06-08-14, 15:44
Yes, Start from 0% for Owner-Occupied Homes, 10% for Non-Owner-Occupied

http://www.iras.gov.sg/irashome/page04.aspx?id=2094

Peakian
19-08-14, 22:43
Dear Vacanza residents,

How is the quality of the fittings and workmanship in your homes? We are staying at The Peak @ Payoh, a DBSS project built by Hoi Hup. We are very distressed over the massive defects. Since TOP in May 2012, the developer is now still on site rectifying defects, particularly the engineered timber flooring, which turned black despite being replaced with new ones.

What legal avenues do we have?

Related articles:

http://m.todayonline.com/singapore/construction-crunch-taking-toll-housing-developments

Peakian
19-08-14, 22:47
Some of the ongoing defects which occured during and/or after the 12 months Defects Liability Period include, but are not limited to:

- Warped kitchen cabinets

Peakian
19-08-14, 22:51
More pictures of warped kitchen cabinets.

Peakian
19-08-14, 22:57
- Water leak through window panel when rain
- Engineered timber flooring which turned black
- Uneven flooring
- Glass window crack
- And most recently in August 2014, the wall tiles just fell off the bathroom by itself

Peakian
19-08-14, 23:05

Here at The Peak @ Toa Payoh, we have neighbours whose engineered timber flooring turned black again after being replaced with new ones. But because the flooring turned black again AFTER the 1st year defects liability period, they have to live with this ugly sight.

august
19-08-14, 23:26
Workmanship is really bad these days. Water leak through window panel started happening to my condo on the 6th or 7th year.

aerobic
19-08-14, 23:55
Here at The Peak @ Toa Payoh, we have neighbours whose engineered timber flooring turned black again after being replaced with new ones. But because the flooring turned black again AFTER the 1st year defects liability period, they have to live with this ugly sight.

I would assume that if this is a quality issue, then many of your neighbors will be facing the same issue, if that's so, I don't see why you guys can't get together and take the developer to court.. as if there are a lot of units affected, it clearly shows that there is a quality issue with either the workmanship or the quality of the product.

Jem
20-08-14, 01:25
Wow. I'm amazed. I think it's both lousy quality material and bad workmanship. Tiles falling off and water seeping through is not acceptable... Talk to a lawyer specializing in this field to see what are your chances?

I'm already thinking if I should just tear down the entire kitchen cabinets and rebuild my own when I get my new unit further down the road - my existing solid plywood cabinets and corian top kitchen has lasted 13 years and still zero defects. Can't imagine how much hassle it will be even if the cabinets warp after few years of use.

Peakian
20-08-14, 22:02
Workmanship is really bad these days. Water leak through window panel started happening to my condo on the 6th or 7th year.

Leakage through window panel carries a 10 year warranty. This is standard industry practise.

Bring this up to your developer and if they refuse to rectify at their expense, consult your MP.

Peakian
20-08-14, 22:12
I would assume that if this is a quality issue, then many of your neighbors will be facing the same issue, if that's so, I don't see why you guys can't get together and take the developer to court.. as if there are a lot of units affected, it clearly shows that there is a quality issue with either the workmanship or the quality of the product.

As you can see from the hyperlink above, we have brought this matter and met up with our MP and the developer. This is of not much help. Our MP, who is a lawyer himself, mentioned something to the extent that DBSS flats are unique, as it is a contractual agreement between the private developer, Hoi Hup and the buyer. So we are no where here or there even though we are just a glorified HDB flat.

He took sides with the developer and said we should not push the developer too hard as they could simply liquidate the company and we would get nothing in the end. We are flabbergasted. If our MP is of minimal help, who can help us? Engaging a lawyer is not cheap and may not be within our financial means. This is a HDB flat. We don't know why being DBSS, HDB can't do much to intervene and demand that the developer, Hoi Hup rectify these defects.

We all paid $600,000+ on average for a public housing with our hard earned blood money, end up every day have to return to a lemon flat and even subject our lives to danger, like in the case of the tiles in the bathroom which recently fell down by itself.

We are at our wit's end. What can we do?

Peakian
20-08-14, 22:18
More pictures of defective engineered timber flooring and warped cabinet.

When our flooring turned black, Hoi Hup always pushes the blame to us, saying we exposed the timber floor to water . But we use only the recommended Bona floor cleaner, which is not cheap, to religiously mop the floor.

We feel that the Bauwerk engineered timber from Switzerland not suitable for local climate. If you have had your hacked out and replaced, you can see that it is essentially some compressed cardboard like recycled wood at the bottom, with a thin layer of laminate wood on top. The base might be absorbing moisture from the atmosphere and make it turn black.

Did any of you experience the same problem with you bedroom flooring?

Peakian
20-08-14, 22:24
Wow. I'm amazed. I think it's both lousy quality material and bad workmanship. Tiles falling off and water seeping through is not acceptable... Talk to a lawyer specializing in this field to see what are your chances?

I'm already thinking if I should just tear down the entire kitchen cabinets and rebuild my own when I get my new unit further down the road - my existing solid plywood cabinets and corian top kitchen has lasted 13 years and still zero defects. Can't imagine how much hassle it will be even if the cabinets warp after few years of use.

The kitchen cabinets are all included in the price of the flat. It is unethical of the developer to shortchange residents with materials that is not intended for its purpose, and they are getting away with it scot free. This is very fustrating.

More than 2 years after we moved in, till today, the developer workers are still turning up at our estate daily to rectify defects. No peace of mind. Noting against these workers but everyday you see them in the estate, at your lift lobby, loitering in the staircase. No security. There has been about 5 cases of break ins in The Peak @ Toa Payoh last year alone.

Peakian
20-08-14, 22:30
ENGINEERED TIMBER FLOORING

You can see from the 2 pictures below.

What we saw at the showroom - 1 solid piece of wood
What we got - strips of recycled wood with the base which looks like cardboard.

iwantgizmos
20-08-14, 22:48

hi peakian,
looks like this is a serious case.
it can be quite painful to hear these kind of stories.
i think would be good if the peak and vacanza owners join forces for compensation.

august
20-08-14, 23:37

As you can see from the hyperlink above, we have brought this matter and met up with our MP and the developer. This is of not much help. Our MP, who is a lawyer himself, mentioned something to the extent that DBSS flats are unique, as it is a contractual agreement between the private developer, Hoi Hup and the buyer. So we are no where here or there even though we are just a glorified HDB flat.

He took sides with the developer and said we should not push the developer too hard as they could simply liquidate the company and we would get nothing in the end. We are flabbergasted. If our MP is of minimal help, who can help us? Engaging a lawyer is not cheap and may not be within our financial means. This is a HDB flat. We don't know why being DBSS, HDB can't do much to intervene and demand that the developer, Hoi Hup rectify these defects.

We all paid $600,000+ on average for a public housing with our hard earned blood money, end up every day have to return to a lemon flat and even subject our lives to danger, like in the case of the tiles in the bathroom which recently fell down by itself.

We are at our wit's end. What can we do?

For one, make sure you don't vote for this kind of useless MP.

AndreChon
21-08-14, 23:39
I've always thought going to a lawyer to fight a case is the solution to a dispute. But I realised some time back it's not true. Even if you win a case, such as suing the developer for giving poor quality materials, you will never get back the full legal costs. The money you lose may very well be used to do the repairs.

And I suspect because of this, all these developers like Hoi Hup dare to give residents, especially DBSS projects, lousy fittings. They know you can't do anything much to them. At most, within the first year, they will keep changing for residents the defects. After that, they say goodbye.

DBSS flats are well known to be a contract signed between HDB and the private developers, which states that HDB has no control or is responsible for any defects as they are not the ones who build the flats. And developers are only liable to repair for you in the first year. It's a well-thought out, cunning money-making scheme that benefit the government and private developers. But the ones who lose the most are the buyers.

The problem is we also don't have any unions to fight for us. There is no governing body to inspect the items to ensure home owners get reasonable quality products in their homes. So again, these cunning developers choose one of the cheapest mass market materials.

I suggest that this matter be brought up to the Prime Minister or Khaw Boon Wan since they always paint a very nice picture of this country. No point wasting your time on useless MPs.

But firstly, you must gather all unhappy residents. The problem with Singaporeans that I have identified is, everybody tends to keep quiet and suffer in silence. There is no unity and the boldness to speak up. Without the numbers, you can't fight a case convincingly.

AndreChon
21-08-14, 23:45

The solid piece of wood is only a sample. For wood installation, I don't know of any that come in square pieces. The material should be the same as the show room one.

From the peeled out wood in the picture, you can tell it's of lousy quality. It's made of soft material as its base. Looks cheap definitely. Such wood is usually used for temporary fixtures or non-residential use.

wsteo
29-08-14, 18:31

Oh! That is terrible.... I still leave my flooring intact.

Peakian
14-09-14, 12:01
Please refer to pages 412 and 413 of this thread for more horror pictures of the defects found at The Peak @ Toa Payoh, built by the same developer as Vacanza @ East.

Good to take note of these defects, and be on the look out for them in your homes, and file them with the developer within the 12 months defects liability period.

Some defects like fallen tiles in the bathroom, and leaking window seals, unfortunately occured just shortly after the defects liability period.

* More than 2 years after we moved in, till today, the developer workers are still turning up at our estate daily to rectify defects. No peace of mind. Noting against these workers but everyday you see them in the estate, at your lift lobby, loitering in the staircase. No security. There has been about 5 cases of break ins in The Peak @ Toa Payoh last year alone.

Peakian
09-10-14, 22:49
Latest defect at The Peak @ Toa Payoh, barely 24 months after TOP.

Internal water pipe leak on the 9th floor, affecting all units from 8th floor downwards.

See the big hole drilled on the wall, below the gondola.

Do watch out for defects on your property, which developer is the same as The Peak @ Toa Payoh, notorious for a long list of endless defects.

Peakian
26-10-14, 00:22
Another case of cracked ceiling at The Peak @ Toa Payoh.

Unfortunately, the defects liability period for this 2 year old development is over. The owner has to rectify at his own cost.

Peakian
03-11-14, 19:48
More fresh defects at The Peak @ Toa Payoh

Kitchen cabinet that warp badly, the laminte peeling off.

When approached, even during defects liability period, the developers says residents should avoid the laminate coming into contact with water.

But how can one expect cabinets in a WET kitchen to have zero water contact?

smellyfish
04-11-14, 07:25
Did they use the same main con? Anyway one imagine the condo to have better quality than the dbss given they are probably not squeezed as hard?

chaoren
20-12-14, 20:20
More fresh defects at The Peak @ Toa Payoh

Kitchen cabinet that warp badly, the laminte peeling off.

When approached, even during defects liability period, the developers says residents should avoid the laminate coming into contact with water.

But how can one expect cabinets in a WET kitchen to have zero water contact?

Hi,

This has started happening at Vacanza @ East multiple units.

I have reported to Building Services Centre last week and I have also written in to the developer this week to ask for extended warranty in view of poor quality wood (IKEA type) used and also asked for replacement of cabinets.

Tycho
27-12-14, 22:16
Hi,

I have reported to Building Services Centre last week and I have also written in to the developer this week to ask for extended warranty in view of poor quality wood (IKEA type) used and also asked for replacement of cabinets.

The Building Service Centre will stop operating in January next year according to the note on their front door. Wonder what will happen after that? Will there be a management meeting with us, the residents?

chaoren
29-12-14, 18:15
Tycho, I am puzzled that you are still not connected with us yet.
Would be good if you can link up with us at our new forums at http://veresidents.byethost33.com

Once an admin has verified that you are confirmed an owner or resident, your access to the forums will be approved.
Non-residents will not be allowed to link with us there.

Tycho
30-12-14, 17:47
Tycho, I am puzzled that you are still not connected with us yet.
Would be good if you can link up with us at our new forums at http://veresidents.byethost33.com

Once an admin has verified that you are confirmed an owner or resident, your access to the forums will be approved.
Non-residents will not be allowed to link with us there.

Thanks Chaoren. Went to register just now.

:peaceful:

AndreChon
19-01-15, 22:09
Hi,

I can empathize and sorry to hear that.

I am from City View DBSS flat. I'm surprised Hoi Hup even tried to cut cost for your freehold condo. Based on their bad reputation, I would totally advise people to avoid buying any properties built by Hoi Hup from now on.

So far, does any of you have any problem with your engineered wood? Any moisture stains?

chaoren
06-02-15, 11:53
Thanks to other estates for alerting us about the issues you all encountered.
We consolidated all our common areas defects discovered in December 2014 and sent to the developer with photos and descriptions.
They have come out with a time-table schedule to rectify all these defects from Dec 2014 to March 2015.

So far no major issues, the developer is responsive and has assured us that they will repair every defect that is reported within 12-months DLP period.

We just have some matters to sort out a bit here that the developer considers as an improvement work request from us that they will not be doing.
They do not consider those items as defects.

We are also holding interval residents meetings as an estate to discuss about outstanding defects in ensuring all owners can agree to settle all issues privately with the developer.

As a reminder to Vacanza @ East owners & residents, do connect with us at http://veresidents.byethost33.com so as to stay updated with the latest happenings.
Non-owner & non-residents will not be granted access, we do stringent check to ensure you are one of us.

BOB
30-03-15, 15:48
Just would like to check you guys. CSC was approved somewhere in May 2014. Have all the last 15% been disbursed by your banks?