PDA

View Full Version : Northoaks vs Woodsvale

lindatlc
04-08-10, 07:19
Hi , anyone has viewed these 2 condo? Which one is preferred? price is about the same

wesing
04-08-10, 11:15
Hi , anyone has viewed these 2 condo? Which one is preferred? price is about the same

I own a unit in Woodsvale and stay there. Never been to Northoaks.

But during the time I bought my woodsvale unit in 2001, northoak already quite sold out while many units still balance in woodsvale. Price of northoak then was much higher as someone in the construction line told me their furnishing is better (developed by Hong Leng). By the way, the developer for Woodsvale was Capitaland. They resorted to giving out $10k unit trust and further discounts to sell the balance units.

So I think if the psf is the same, you should go for Northoak.

Anybody had any idea what is the open piece of land in front of Northoak main gate is slated for?

mantrix
05-08-10, 16:31
I own a unit in Woodsvale and stay there. Never been to Northoaks.

But during the time I bought my woodsvale unit in 2001, northoak already quite sold out while many units still balance in woodsvale. Price of northoak then was much higher as someone in the construction line told me their furnishing is better (developed by Hong Leng). By the way, the developer for Woodsvale was Capitaland. They resorted to giving out $10k unit trust and further discounts to sell the balance units.

So I think if the psf is the same, you should go for Northoak.

Anybody had any idea what is the open piece of land in front of Northoak main gate is slated for?

This is a fair analysis especially coming from someone who owns a neighbouring property. Typical singaporeans will usually justify their residence of choice is the best, or among the better ones. Woodsvale is closer to MRT but the front gate can be crowded for incoming cars. Northoaks is more ulu (entrance beside the park) but if u walk out from main entrance that's an extra 200m to the mrt.

Best is to just arrange viewings for both and have a look.

As for the piece of land, I have no idea - a new EC??

solsys
10-11-10, 00:02
NorthOaks
If you own a car and enjoy having your car right below your unit, i mean literally right below with either sheltered surface parking or basement parking, it's really right below you.... (Feels very good and convenient)

MRT is also very near and KopiTiam/provision shop is directly opp. NorthOaks.

Coupled with a grand drive-in entrance with tall palm trees along the aisles.... it feels like you are entering a compound unlike most condos whose drive-thru are short and overcrowding....

Some of the units are very regular in shape and long..... very rare these days for new condos.... long as in you can showcase your 50" LCD and you can see the screen from your dining table to the living area in a full frontal view.

Very resort feel with a super-sized pool. I like to swim and it's big enough for lapping even on a weekend.

When it's weekday..... it feels like the whole pool is yours.

Coloured in white and very well-maintained with nice landscaping.

There's a reading room, where daily papers are there. Very nice and quiet.

Gym, Super-sized pool, Table Tennis, 2 x Tennis Courts, Squash......

Woodsvale
Slightly nearer to the MRT than NorthOaks and most units are regular in shape. Heard there's a Karaoke Room/lounge....

Pool, 2 x Tennis Courts, Gym.

Summary

I viewed a Woodsvale unit once, but NorthOaks wowed me with the landscaping and facilities.... Took me a while to scout for a good unit in NorthOaks though. Very very happy with my unit.

My parents live in Compass Heights in Sengkang with the ultimate convenience of MRT, Bus, Shopping Mall but they love the peace and windiness of NorthOaks.

FYI, Woodlands was the last place I had in mind to stay in until I found NorthOaks.

patricia
10-11-10, 11:14
NorthOaks
If you own a car and enjoy having your car right below your unit, i mean literally right below with either sheltered surface parking or basement parking, it's really right below you.... (Feels very good and convenient)

MRT is also very near and KopiTiam/provision shop is directly opp. NorthOaks.

Coupled with a grand drive-in entrance with tall palm trees along the aisles.... it feels like you are entering a compound unlike most condos whose drive-thru are short and overcrowding....

Some of the units are very regular in shape and long..... very rare these days for new condos.... long as in you can showcase your 50" LCD and you can see the screen from your dining table to the living area in a full frontal view.

Very resort feel with a super-sized pool. I like to swim and it's big enough for lapping even on a weekend.

When it's weekday..... it feels like the whole pool is yours.

Coloured in white and very well-maintained with nice landscaping.

There's a reading room, where daily papers are there. Very nice and quiet.

Gym, Super-sized pool, Table Tennis, 2 x Tennis Courts, Squash......

Woodsvale
Slightly nearer to the MRT than NorthOaks and most units are regular in shape. Heard there's a Karaoke Room/lounge....

Pool, 2 x Tennis Courts, Gym.

Summary

I viewed a Woodsvale unit once, but NorthOaks wowed me with the landscaping and facilities.... Took me a while to scout for a good unit in NorthOaks though. Very very happy with my unit.

My parents live in Compass Heights in Sengkang with the ultimate convenience of MRT, Bus, Shopping Mall but they love the peace and windiness of NorthOaks.

FYI, Woodlands was the last place I had in mind to stay in until I found NorthOaks.
Be careful of the 2 poisonous chimneys not too far away. Health issue is real issue here.

mantrix
10-11-10, 15:18
Be careful of the 2 poisonous chimneys not too far away. Health issue is real issue here.

LOL are you the same person who said staying in Jurong dangerous cos scully Jurong Island explodes?

solsys
10-11-10, 15:45

Becareful of Year 2012 too, Mayan calendar ends there.... and we will all be bury under water because of constellation alignment will wreak severe gravitational pull to Earth.

Doesn't matter if it's Bukit Timah, Mount Faber, Woodlands, Jurong.

We will all die.

However, air feels fresh to me for where i am staying. haha.

FYI, I stayed in Bedok, Hougang, Pasir Ris, Sengkang and now Woodlands.....

devon_wh
10-11-10, 16:08
Becareful of Year 2012 too, Mayan calendar ends there.... and we will all be bury under water because of constellation alignment will wreak severe gravitational pull to Earth.

Doesn't matter if it's Bukit Timah, Mount Faber, Woodlands, Jurong.

We will all die.

However, air feels fresh to me for where i am staying. haha.

FYI, I stayed in Bedok, Hougang, Pasir Ris, Sengkang and now Woodlands.....

So which area you like most? Pasir RIS?

solsys
10-11-10, 16:58
So which area you like most? Pasir RIS?

Hmmm.... in terms of food and accessibility Hougang and Sengkang......

Quiet and Serene, Pasir Ris and Woodlands....

I like Woodlands because although it's north but at least it's between east and west..... equal distance to anywhere.

Plus, like to go JB for foot massage and groceries shopping.

Admiralty in particular is not overcrowded compared to the Woodlands regional centre side.

zzz1
10-11-10, 21:40
LOL are you the same person who said staying in Jurong dangerous cos scully Jurong Island explodes?

ha haa...
which part sg is consider safe? even pulau tekong sometime got elephant on rampage....

zzz1
10-11-10, 21:41

i c...which part of sg consider safe heaven? hee hee

wesing
21-01-11, 12:17
Seems like the proposed NSE viaduct passing by Northoaks may increase noise pollution to this estate especially those units facing Gambas Ave.

The NSW would be more beneficial to Woodsvale as it is shielded from the increased noise by Northoaks.

What do you think would the impact of the NSE (positive externalities) have on these two estates? Rise in psf by 5-10%???

mantrix
21-01-11, 14:31
Seems like the proposed NSE viaduct passing by Northoaks may increase noise pollution to this estate especially those units facing Gambas Ave.

The NSW would be more beneficial to Woodsvale as it is shielded from the increased noise by Northoaks.

What do you think would the impact of the NSE (positive externalities) have on these two estates? Rise in psf by 5-10%???

Rise in psf for sure but not for those road-facing units...even Woodsvale have some blocks which can see Gambas so they are also exposed, though further away.

Northoaks Gambas facing units will see no appreciation in prices (I am using Linear as an example) - pool facing ones should experience the highest rise, though the increase should hasten around 2019...

kingkong1984
21-01-11, 20:42
i c...which part of sg consider safe heaven? hee hee
Oxley area

solsys
12-05-11, 23:32
Just got a mailer that record price done for 3+1 unit in either Woodsvale or NorthOaks @ $908k. Not sure how big is the unit though.

Assuming 1238sqft, that will translate to $733psf!!!

mantrix
13-05-11, 07:44
Just got a mailer that record price done for 3+1 unit in either Woodsvale or NorthOaks @ $908k. Not sure how big is the unit though.

Could be the Woodhaven effect...

wesing
13-05-11, 09:36

Think agent anyhow humtum one:doh:

From the URA caveats website, the highest psf for Northoaks is $681 psf for a 1055 sq ft unit in Jan. For the 10 units (between 1216-1292 sq ft) transacted in Mar-Apr so far, the psf was between $581-655.

As for Woodsvale, the psf obtained for the 13 units (between 1227-1313 sq ft) transacted in Mar-Apr was between $560-642.

Interesting to note that 7 units in Northoaks and 12 units in Woodsvale were transacted in the month of March alone:cheers1: Another 4 units each were transacted in April so far for the two condos. I believed ST had reported recently that condos in Woodlands area are getting popular.

NS Expressway effect or in anticipation of Woodhaven?

solsys
13-05-11, 09:58
I don't think agent huntum ( this agent is a resident agent, always see his mailers) I think he just closed it, it should reflect transacted in May 2011.

If this 8th floor unit is
1313sqft would mean $691psf
1292sqft -$702psf
1238sqft - $733psf

NSE, Seletar Hub, $500 million for Sembawang sure is driving prices in North up.

devilplate
13-05-11, 10:17
I don't think agent huntum ( this agent is a resident agent, always see his mailers) I think he just closed it, it should reflect transacted in May 2011.

1292sqft -$702psf
1238sqft - $733psf

NSE, Seletar Hub, $500 million for Sembawang sure is driving prices in North up.
Nobody is left behind this time:)

mantrix
13-05-11, 10:28

1292sqft -$702psf
1238sqft - $733psf

But this is Woodlands, not Sembawang leh...

Seletar Hub also far away? Yishun, Yio Chu Kang nearer...

I think is Woodhaven effect and fact that MRT around 500m away...nowadays cannot get condos close to MRT for less than 700psf apart from these?

solsys
13-05-11, 12:33
I guess there are many factors driving prices up. :)

wesing
23-05-11, 09:57
Woodsvale resale set new record of $646 psf in April for a 1292 sq ft 3-bedder. Wonder which unit and floor:beats-me-man:

12 units transacted in March and 9 units in April. I think resale will slow down in May onwards but still see many agents bringing people to view units on weekends:D

solsys
23-05-11, 14:49
Lack of upgrade options in North are driving demand for NorthOaks and Woodsvale.

Big units are at attractive psf compared to new launches in north and compared to old resale condos elsewhere.

Facilities are also decent, which people are discovering now after privatization.

I think come June, the caveats lodged for May 2011 might show record highs as claimed by resident agents in recent mailers.

mantrix
23-05-11, 20:46
Lack of upgrade options in North are driving demand for NorthOaks and Woodsvale.

Big units are at attractive psf compared to new launches in north and compared to old resale condos elsewhere.

Facilities are also decent, which people are discovering now after privatization.

I think come June, the caveats lodged for May 2011 might show record highs as claimed by resident agents in recent mailers.

Not many condos 500m away from MRT in far north...

rattydrama
24-05-11, 00:49
these 2 condos are under my radar in Q42010. Price is set to increase. it was 770k thereabout for a good facing high floor unit.

town pple may realise it is cheaper still and cash out their other property n shift here.

the price has not peak still have room to move.

its just 10+ old, still new

as someone pointed out near MRT, (now easily upper level of 6xxpsf for resale or cross 1000psf for new launch)

decent size suitable for family

walking distance to amenities.

condo land size is decent and not cramp at all, unlike some old private projects.

within 1km to the best pr school in woodlands :p

at least the above stand correct when I did my research.

But i din buy cos spotted another better buys.

mantrix
24-05-11, 07:46
these 2 condos are under my radar in Q42010. Price is set to increase. it was 770k thereabout for a good facing high floor unit.

town pple may realise it is cheaper still and cash out their other property n shift here.

as someone pointed out near MRT, (now easily upper level of 6xxpsf for resale or cross 1000psf for new launch)

condo land size is decent and not cramp at all, unlike some old private projects.

Not to mention str8 MRT line to JLD. I guess to beat all these if you can have the project right at doorstep of MRT!! :D

solsys
24-05-11, 16:43

Quite a few units breached S$800k and even low floors non pool facing hitting S$790k. (You should see them in caveats for May 2011).

Even at S$800k, psf is cheap at S$646, more than 25% discount than new launch at Woodhaven.

solsys
24-05-11, 16:45
If I'm not wrong, one more school coming up next to Woodsvale and NorthOaks within next couple of years.

mantrix
24-05-11, 21:11
If I'm not wrong, one more school coming up next to Woodsvale and NorthOaks within next couple of years.

If it's a primary school I think that will be welcome.

As it is, the area has its own park, secondary school...guess question is how good that new school is going to be

rattydrama
24-05-11, 23:36
Quite a few units breached S$800k and even low floors non pool facing hitting S$790k. (You should see them in caveats for May 2011).

Even at S$800k, psf is cheap at S$646, more than 25% discount than new launch at Woodhaven.

the only draw back is the design.... more like HDB feel but who cares if its near mrt and cheapest in terms of psf?

more jobs will be created in woodlands and will bring up the property price. no fh in woodlands so safe to buy older lh.

wait till the causeway point land up for bidding, the price of all condos will appreciate further.

rattydrama
24-05-11, 23:41
Not to mention str8 MRT line to JLD. I guess to beat all these if you can have the project right at doorstep of MRT!! :D

u referring mine? ya this one more rapid. my gut feel tell me that it will go higher....saw latest ceveat 100k up liao.

mantrix
25-05-11, 09:49
u referring mine? ya this one more rapid. my gut feel tell me that it will go higher....saw latest ceveat 100k up liao.

My common sense tells me it will go up, up and away :D

rattydrama
25-05-11, 20:01
My common sense tells me it will go up, up and away :D

JDL white land chao chao 1020 psf for land cost. this is 7 min MRT ride. waiting time for mrt not more than 2 min.

mantrix
25-05-11, 20:53
JDL white land chao chao 1020 psf for land cost. this is 7 min MRT ride. waiting time for mrt not more than 2 min.

+10 :D:D:D

rattydrama
25-05-11, 20:56
+10 :D:D:D
?? u already +10?

mantrix
26-05-11, 13:40
?? u already +10?

then +100 also can :D

s101
26-05-11, 18:14
before you guys look into it, word of caution.
chk the alignment of the NS highway 1st.

lifeablast
26-05-11, 19:17
before you guys look into it, word of caution.
chk the alignment of the NS highway 1st.

Where can we check it? I was on internet trying to find a web site to check this, but could not find it except for info on the properties that will be affected. Thanks

mantrix
27-05-11, 20:46
heard woodsvale 8th floor 3 bedder sold for 908K :eek::eek::eek:

somemore woodsvale looks just like HDB....amazing...

rattydrama
27-05-11, 21:30

there are only selective few 4 bedders in this project. somemore only 645psf...:p the layout in woodsvale is better than northoaks.

mantrix
27-05-11, 22:02
there are only selective few 4 bedders in this project. somemore only 645psf...:p the layout in woodsvale is better than northoaks.

For some units, yes - and nearer to mrt.

But northoaks has a nicer pool and better build.

Both stand to gain nowadays

wesing
31-05-11, 09:34

According to URA, the unit is 1410 sq ft! Never know Woodsvale got such big 3-bedder and some more can sell at $645 psf (just $1 lower than the current record). I thought 3-bedders in Woodsvale are between 1227-1313 sq ft and only the ground floor units with PES will be bigger and penthouses above 2000 sq ft.

solsys
31-05-11, 10:58
Yes, didn't know got 1410sqft unit.

Anyway, the quantum will lift the other 3+1 units too. :)

lifeablast
31-05-11, 22:31
if someone want to buy a condo for investment in term of either renting long term and then sell in the future or own stay and then sell in the future. is it better to buy LH or FH re-sale unit?

i am just wondering for example if buy resale LH that already 10years old, how long to stay/rent before sell it to make the gain in investment? what normally happen to the LH property when it is nearer to its 99years?

thanks

solsys
11-06-11, 01:07
Got a mailer from resident agent stating a unit sold at $659psf, either Northoaks or Woodsvale.

solsys
16-06-11, 10:27
Recent mailer received from resident agent that Penthouse 3+1 sold at S$1.248 million.....

That's a whopping $5xxpsf versus the last sold penthouse of S$482psf.

mantrix
16-06-11, 10:29
Recent mailer received from resident agent that Penthouse 3+1 sold at S$1.248 million.....

That's a whopping $5xxpsf versus the last sold penthouse of S$482psf.

dunno which sucker bought that...owner laughing all the way...

aceivan
16-06-11, 12:43
dunno which sucker bought that...owner laughing all the way...

I m surprise. For a 10yrs old(I think) and ex-EC, the PSF is crazy.
Maybe the house undergone a major super 200k Reno that warrant the 500++ PSF, or the unit number is #1x-888.

I bought an unit there abt few years back, 1284 for 300+PSF then. Now, everything just shoot through the sky.

mantrix
16-06-11, 12:53
I m surprise. For a 10yrs old(I think) and ex-EC, the PSF is crazy.
Maybe the house undergone a major super 200k Reno that warrant the 500++ PSF, or the unit number is #1x-888.

I bought an unit there abt few years back, 1284 for 300+PSF then. Now, everything just shoot through the sky.

Then you should be smiling the most now...especially if you haven't sold!

kingkong1984
16-06-11, 13:11
Then you should be smiling the most now...especially if you haven't sold!

obviously he sold too early... hahahaha.

anyway we have reached the peak... this is a time of low sales before prices start to fall like durians... u know about roller coaster ride? we are at the peak of the curve... either forward or backward... we are going down.... enjoy the ride!

aceivan
16-06-11, 13:55
obviously he sold too early... hahahaha.

anyway we have reached the peak... this is a time of low sales before prices start to fall like durians... u know about roller coaster ride? we are at the peak of the curve... either forward or backward... we are going down.... enjoy the ride!
Ha ha.... I m not sure if I sold too early.
I bought a resale unit when the EC reached the 5th yr. At 420k, sold 2 yrs later for 626k, of course that time I thought the upside is limited.

But no one knows. :)
In the meantime I m staying in CASABLANCA.

kingkong1984
16-06-11, 14:14
Ha ha.... I m not sure if I sold too early.
I bought a resale unit when the EC reached the 5th yr. At 420k, sold 2 yrs later for 626k, of course that time I thought the upside is limited.

But no one knows. :)
In the meantime I m staying in CASABLANCA.

Good good.. like your honesty. :)

solsys
16-06-11, 18:00
One more piece of good news for NorthOaks and Woodsvale residents. TSL Terminal station at Woodlands will be built beside Republic poly. Looking at the new Mandai depot, which is the largest will mean TSL will be the busiest MRT line in future with room for 70 trains.

mantrix
16-06-11, 18:16
One more piece of good news for NorthOaks and Woodsvale residents. TSL Terminal station at Woodlands will be built beside Republic poly. Looking at the new Mandai depot, which is the largest will mean TSL will be the busiest MRT line in future with room for 70 trains.

Hi where did you get this info from?

solsys
16-06-11, 18:36
Hi where did you get this info from?

Straits Times and radio 93.8. Just reported at 5-6pm

Just to add on, johor MRT will be linked to this RP terminal woodlands station.

FAR EAST using this piece of news to drive traffic to their Woodhaven launch, just received the email advert in afternoon.

rattydrama
16-06-11, 19:33
Straits Times and radio 93.8. Just reported at 5-6pm

Just to add on, johor MRT will be linked to this RP terminal woodlands station.

FAR EAST using this piece of news to drive traffic to their Woodhaven launch, just received the email advert in afternoon.

Yes I saw the map not too long ago, it was a draft. I think this is common sense cos the prime area at Woodlands MRT will cater for commerical and residential.

Haha it will passby my old place... super noisy, dont think its gonna to be underground too.

Those residents will suffer.

kingkong1984
16-06-11, 21:03
Should be underground lah, new lines all underground

mantrix
16-06-11, 21:54

true but the construction for those few years confirm give nearby residents hell :hell-hath-no-fury::hell-hath-no-fury:

rattydrama
16-06-11, 23:06

from check point to woodlands station also underground? woodlands station above ground rite?

mantrix, have you huat?

kingkong1984
17-06-11, 04:47
Why not? Upper deck n lower deck, just have to walk. But it's all depends on the design.

NorthernStar
17-06-11, 06:42
Malaysia MRT suppose to connect to station near RP. The woodlands station should b built underground at the empty land on the east. Many soil test hv been done in recent months on that land.

wesing
17-06-11, 09:43
Would that mean that resale prices at Woodsvale and Northoaks will go up some more or at least remain firm (even during market correction)?

Dunno whether can hit $700 psf within the next two years :D :D :D :ashamed1: :ashamed1: :ashamed1: :beats-me-man: :beats-me-man: :beats-me-man:

I must agree that with the start of the construction of both the NS Expressway (along Gambas/Semwang Road) and Thomson Line (along Woodlands Ave 12), it will be nightmare for existing residents:scared-1: :scared-1: :scared-1:

mantrix
17-06-11, 10:32
Would that mean that resale prices at Woodsvale and Northoaks will go up some more or at least remain firm (even during market correction)?

Dunno whether can hit $700 psf within the next two years :D :D :D :ashamed1: :ashamed1: :ashamed1: :beats-me-man: :beats-me-man: :beats-me-man:

I must agree that with the start of the construction of both the NS Expressway (along Gambas/Semwang Road) and Thomson Line (along Woodlands Ave 12), it will be nightmare for existing residents:scared-1: :scared-1: :scared-1:

maybe hit 800?? Those kena will be those facing the track or the NSE...

mantrix
17-06-11, 10:35
from check point to woodlands station also underground? woodlands station above ground rite?

mantrix, have you huat?

i only got one property in woodlands leh...should have bought more.

Prices already went up substantially for all woodies condos so i think someone leaked the news out a few months back...

solsys
17-06-11, 10:52
Many factors I guess in play. Rich johorians or malaysians might buy some units in north if commuting is easy between their landed home and Singapore condo.

Maybe FCT will chiong big time in woodlands for the sites near woodlands mrt to create synergy.

Actually traffic only some detouring diversion. Not much of issue. I used to work in places where construction of the vivocity viaduct along Pasir Panjang before. Traffic deteriorate but still manageable.

Those working for LTA or SMRT confirm will know and buy up north already. Property safer unlike stocks where you will kenna call in for insider trading. Notice suddenly launches in north so many in last few mths?

mantrix
17-06-11, 11:04
Woodlands WILL be the next hub...north prices, time to go north...

jwong71
17-06-11, 11:14
Many factors I guess in play. Rich johorians or malaysians might buy some units in north if commuting is easy between their landed home and Singapore condo.

if commuting is easy, the malaysians rather stay in their landed hse and drive their big cars there.

* im not shooting down on any projects,but facts from the malaysians i know. in the past have frds, studying in sgp poly yet stay in jb despite of the current transport system.

rattydrama
17-06-11, 17:49
if commuting is easy, the malaysians rather stay in their landed hse and drive their big cars there.

* im not shooting down on any projects,but facts from the malaysians i know. in the past have frds, studying in sgp poly yet stay in jb despite of the current transport system.

those richer ones still want to park their monies here.

rattydrama
17-06-11, 17:51
Woodlands WILL be the next hub...north prices, time to go north...

Not many good projects in Woodlands. Still waiting for durians to drop. Hopefully they will release more lands...why ONLY and always at Woodgrove areas........there are so many pockets of lands.

mantrix
17-06-11, 19:03
Not many good projects in Woodlands. Still waiting for durians to drop. Hopefully they will release more lands...why ONLY and always at Woodgrove areas........there are so many pockets of lands.

I feel the same way too!

That big piece of land next to Causeway Point - can easily build 300-400 units.

There's also a pond near Marsiling MRT - plenty of land there. Will be near both MRT + have waterfront and park view :D

rattydrama
17-06-11, 19:45
Malaysia MRT suppose to connect to station near RP. The woodlands station should b built underground at the empty land on the east. Many soil test hv been done in recent months on that land.

what about the bus interchange? all will be gone? I dont think so.... Woodlands station will be above ground for sure.

What I would think is that there will be a station for the JB/SG train somewhere next to republic polytechnic. It can be above ground due to cost or below ground due to security. For people who is going to Marina Bay, they will transit to Thomson Line from here. For people who is going to causeway point, they will transit at another new connecting station next to Woodlands MRT and then passenger will walk to woodlands MRT.
Lets see if I am right.

Woodlands bus interchange is already below ground n above is MRT station, the work can be challenging.

kingkong1984
17-06-11, 20:38
I feel the same way too!

That big piece of land next to Causeway Point - can easily build 300-400 units.

There's also a pond near Marsiling MRT - plenty of land there. Will be near both MRT + have waterfront and park view :D
Bad air......

solsys
17-06-11, 23:11
Channel 8 news announce nearby Properties of station to rise by 5-7%. 2 x parcel of land next to causeway point to be tender as integrated mall and condo. However, these two sites development most likely will start after JLD is developed.

NorthernStar
17-06-11, 23:18
what about the bus interchange? all will be gone? I dont think so.... Woodlands station will be above ground for sure.

What I would think is that there will be a station for the JB/SG train somewhere next to republic polytechnic. It can be above ground due to cost or below ground due to security. For people who is going to Marina Bay, they will transit to Thomson Line from here. For people who is going to causeway point, they will transit at another new connecting station next to Woodlands MRT and then passenger will walk to woodlands MRT.
Lets see if I am right.

Woodlands bus interchange is already below ground n above is MRT station, the work can be challenging.

Have been seeing some soil tests on the empty land near Woodlands ave 2. I guess the Thomson Line Woodlands station should be built somewhere near there. :2cents:

rattydrama
17-06-11, 23:28
Channel 8 news announce nearby Properties of station to rise by 5-7%. 2 x parcel of land next to causeway point to be tender as integrated mall and condo. However, these two sites development most likely will start after JLD is developed.

so better sell now. by the time these are built all the HDBs are already 30 years old.

rattydrama
17-06-11, 23:30
Have been seeing some soil tests on the empty land near Woodlands ave 2. I guess the Thomson Line Woodlands station should be built somewhere near there. :2cents:

test here and test there but dont know which spot they pick....:p

kingkong1984
18-06-11, 03:29
The one that is between maximum traffic and maximum capital gain.

mantrix
18-06-11, 07:49
Station will be at woodlands interchange - not sure if they want to build another station 600m away.

The soil testing is required for the mrt tracks too

solsys
18-06-11, 08:40
I think the TSL RTS interchange is independent from the existing woodlands MRT and bus interchange. It cannot be located too near to existing for security and traffic congestion reasons. TSL RTS interchange should be located east side or north side of RP. It should be separate customs altogether.

solsys
18-06-11, 08:43
I just wonder how government intend to develop this area since the crowd is a mixture of Singaporeans and Malaysians commuting. Hmmm.

linchong84
18-06-11, 08:47
I just wonder how government intend to develop this area since the crowd is a mixture of Singaporeans and Malaysians commuting. Hmmm.

Rename the town as "Little Malaysia". Push all the malaysian PRCs to stay there.. Follow the Little India concept and Chinatown concept.. Let it be a town full of malaysians..

aceivan
18-06-11, 10:20
Rename the town as "Little Malaysia". Push all the malaysian PRCs to stay there.. Follow the Little India concept and Chinatown concept.. Let it be a town full of malaysians..

If the concept materialize, I will be thinking of moving out of this town.
In the meantime, I dun think the property price will be affected. I think before the stations are completed, the price will be stable or thrend downwards abit... thats my opinion only....

:)

NorthernStar
18-06-11, 12:04

High chance that the new station will be built under the mall. :)

Is the news indicate which are land parcels? I guess are:
1. the "pasar malam" land and
2. the land next to Woodlands Ave 2, east of Civic center.

NorthernStar
18-06-11, 12:11
some nice works done by forumers on guessing where are the stations of thomson line.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=574137&page=44

can go shop around..:)

solsys
13-07-11, 23:28
Just saw a nice unit putting up for sale, nicely renovated and selling with furnitures. Asking $670psf for 1,344sqft.

Ground floor with patio.

solsys
15-11-11, 07:44
Northoaks just broke S$700psf (from a mailer that I seen in my mailbox) :D

rattydrama
15-11-11, 19:56
Northoaks just broke S$700psf (from a mailer that I seen in my mailbox) :D

last transacted price is 669psf or 835K. its moving but has been slow as compared to the one I bought at higher price. :D

solsys
23-12-11, 20:44
3 bedders inching up again, $679psf. At least a march towards $720psf in time to come.