PDA

View Full Version : Haig 162

Pages : [1] 2

urban
11-07-10, 12:58
New launch.

If you drive past Haig 162 (near Haig Court) recently, you will notice a lot of desparate agents/marketeers waving at you and flagging you with S$4xxk A4 paper.

Looks they are using very cheapskate marketing tactics to draw people into the showflat. Sianz.

And this is not the first weekend they are doing this....

mcmlxxvi
11-07-10, 14:27
huttons cheapskate agents rite?

devilplate
11-07-10, 19:28
despo, cheapskate but very successful in selling out such MM projects within a day

jencrs
11-07-10, 19:36
Ya dun play play. I was at the loft@rangoon site a few weeks ago, saw 2 huttons ladies under the hot sun, waving down anyone who's interested, and clutching the keys to her 350Z convertible 10m away.

urban
11-07-10, 19:43
Their advert says developer's sales team.

These folks are ridiculous. They are even standing on the road and waving. Have to drive carefully to siam them.

If some idiot suddenly stop to talk to them, the rest of the drivers behind will curse and swear because it is only 1 way both directions.

devilplate
12-07-10, 11:16
checked the site and flr plan for this haig 162...only selling point is unblocked view. dun like the idea of mechanized carpark

nid to walk 5min or more to reach nearest bus stop!

this one layout generally better den the leicester suites. i was told by huttons tat leicester suites rec lots of chq....heavily oversubscribed...lol

MM+MRT=sell out formula?

if any1 keen in this haig162, i wud recommend stack 7:D

bargain hunter
12-07-10, 11:35
siao liao, stack 7 will be the first sold out stack! :)

btw, this haig 162 has already been selling? got a little confused with the conversation above, are they just taking cheques or directing pple to the showflat?

checked the site and flr plan for this haig 162...only selling point is unblocked view. dun like the idea of mechanized carpark

this one layout generally better den the leicester suites. i was told by huttons tat leicester suites rec lots of chq....heavily oversubscribed...lol

MM+MRT=sell out formula?

devilplate
12-07-10, 11:56
siao liao, stack 7 will be the first sold out stack! :)

btw, this haig 162 has already been selling? got a little confused with the conversation above, are they just taking cheques or directing pple to the showflat?

i aso drove past the showflat and was kindly served by a pretty agt:D :D :D ...cannot even enter the showflat, she show me her presentation kits under a lamp post...sounds romantic? lol

i was told tentatively preview date will be on 19th july.

oh ya, at least the pool is 25m X3.xm....25m still can swim...but 3.xm perhaps only 1 swimmer at one go..lol

Wild Falcon
12-07-10, 12:27
The main selling point is AFFORDABILITY - to cater to the needs of those you want to show a private address badge without the budget. After all, where else can you find a $400k+ apartment other than here (D15) and D14? Nowadays, such low-budget $400k dogbox flat sells out quite fast, just like those Geylang ones. While I despise such development, I have to admit - there are badge whores who will live in any dog-worthy environment just for the "private address" badge. So...... should be sold out bah.

MM+MRT=sell out formula?

bargain hunter
12-07-10, 13:19
so romantic siah...

i look at the map and its so cute, currently a lone bunglow englufed by haig court.

i aso drove past the showflat and was kindly served by a pretty agt:D :D :D ...cannot even enter the showflat, she show me her presentation kits under a lamp post...sounds romantic? lol

i was told tentatively preview date will be on 19th july.

oh ya, at least the pool is 25m X3.xm....25m still can swim...but 3.xm perhaps only 1 swimmer at one go..lol

devilplate
12-07-10, 13:24
so romantic siah...

i look at the map and its so cute, currently a lone bunglow englufed by haig court.

tat bungalow was torn down and the showflat is currently sitting on it:D

wat amazes me is the height restriction....just cross the street, can only build 5-6 storey low rise development...tat is one more project selling nearby(diagnally opposite) i was told prices around 9xxpsf...all 3bedders 5storey boutique devt call haig residences. they build 8xxsqft 3bedder!

another example i can tink of is Cosmo...surrounding all low rise..interesting

bargain hunter
12-07-10, 13:45
sometimes just being across the road helps. so now it sticks to haig court's height so can build as high rite?

wat amazes me is the height restriction....just cross the street, can only build 5-6 storey low rise development...tat is one more project selling nearby(diagnally opposite) i was told prices around 9xxpsf...all 3bedders 5storey boutique devt call haig residences. they build 8xxsqft 3bedder!

mcmlxxvi
12-07-10, 14:56

Cosmo - not true. Nicole Green few blocks down is 10 storey slab block.

You should see D'Lotus - THE Lotus rising out of the (factory) slums.

mcmlxxvi
17-07-10, 23:16
I just given my blank cheque to the agent... wish me luck on Monday.

devilplate
17-07-10, 23:39
I just given my blank cheque to the agent... wish me luck on Monday.

stack 7? gd luck man:D

mcmlxxvi
17-07-10, 23:40
Yeah thanks bro. Stack 7 it is ... don't wanna keep hearing the tennis action from big bro Haig Court into 10pm... but shit... am I facing the trash shack instead....??

http://www.haigcourt.com.sg/Styles/img/fac1.jpg

devilplate
18-07-10, 00:00
Yeah thanks bro. Stack 7 it is ... don't wanna keep hearing the tennis action from big bro Haig Court into 10pm... but shit... am I facing the trash shack instead....??

http://www.haigcourt.com.sg/Styles/img/fac1.jpg

lol...get higher flr!

mcmlxxvi
18-07-10, 12:23
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs036.ash2/35165_10150211792085244_673175243_13635881_3459494_n.jpg

silver023
18-07-10, 20:42
Looks like David vs Goliath! Haha...

mcmlxxvi
19-07-10, 11:26
David size but Goliath price.

Pricing released.

490k for smallest 344sf lowest level unit #05-08. Over 1400psf!!!!!!!!
Add 4k per level up.

NEXT!!!!!!

bargain hunter
19-07-10, 11:31
so u thrown in cheque liao, not going ahead? :)

David size but Goliath price.

Pricing released.

490k for smallest 344sf lowest level unit. Over 1400psf!!!!!!!!

NEXT!!!!!!

devilplate
19-07-10, 11:40
1400psf...let other take the risk better...

seriously, shd consider haig residences instead...left 2 last unit...but developer reject my offer...i dunwan to match bcoz puny pool:D

left 2 actually...but one is PH ...not worth:D

mcmlxxvi
19-07-10, 11:55
Thanks bro devil... me looking MM units only la. Bro bargain, yep agent will have to return me the cheque. I not willing to pay 1400psf for that location.

smallant
19-07-10, 12:07
1400 psf ! Hopefully flood free ... why need pool ? Any where is also swimming pool leh.. u see the papers ? underground car pk.. river.. i mean road.. haha..
Price too steamy for me too .. :scared-1:

devilplate
19-07-10, 12:08
Thanks bro devil... me looking MM units only la. Bro bargain, yep agent will have to return me the cheque. I not willing to pay 1400psf for that location.

WC...btw hows the sales? can sell out? :D

cashrich
19-07-10, 13:19
4 star triangle.
no good no good...

smallant
19-07-10, 14:27
Can enlightened 4 stars triangle ? how you see leh ? Thxs:)

taggy
19-07-10, 14:55
1400psf...let other take the risk better...

seriously, shd consider haig residences instead...left 2 last unit...but developer reject my offer...i dunwan to match bcoz puny pool:D

left 2 actually...but one is PH ...not worth:D

my friend said he submited check last week... get 18% discount... at below 1350 psf. :)

devilplate
19-07-10, 15:10
my friend said he submited check last week... get 18% discount... at below 1350 psf. :)

cud be bigger units?

1400psf was refering to the smallest unit wor.

how about stack 7? any idea hw much? below 1300psf i ON wor:D

taggy
19-07-10, 15:31
cud be bigger units?

eh... i dun noe all the different sizes lah...
i only know his is not stack 7,
quantum below 500k leh, so his should be one of the smallest

taggy
19-07-10, 15:36
eh... i dun noe all the different sizes lah...
i only know his is not stack 7,
quantum below 500k leh, so his should be one of the smallest

he say can see hiag height swimming pool plus a pocket of unblock view to the city... ;)

devilplate
19-07-10, 16:04
he say can see hiag height swimming pool plus a pocket of unblock view to the city... ;)

FULLY SOLD except some PH!

ya u r right. low flr from 12xxpsf...not 1400psf!

alamak i miss it..lol...:D

ozone2002
19-07-10, 16:10
may be a blessing in disguise..

FULLY SOLD except some PH!

ya u r right. low flr from 12xxpsf...not 1400psf!

alamak i miss it..lol...:D

devilplate
19-07-10, 16:19
may be a blessing in disguise..

i jus joking lah:D

if i really keen..i will get resale MM units nearer to town and MRT..

MM units dun nid to hf view...most impt is MRT and close to town to ensure gd rental yield:D

mcmlxxvi
19-07-10, 16:38
cud be bigger units?

The 1400psf IS referring to stack 7 px for lowest level i.e. #05-07 ok 1380psf to be exact la 490k

devilplate
19-07-10, 16:53
The 1400psf IS referring to stack 7 px for lowest level i.e. #05-07 ok 1380psf to be exact la 490k

developer surely noe how to price:D

stack 7 is the BEST stack and best layout

mcmlxxvi
19-07-10, 17:25
developer surely noe how to price:D

stack 7 is the BEST stack and best layout

Do you know stack 8 the 344sf is the SAME PRICE (in quantum level for level) as stack 7???
This is REALLY KNOW HOW TO PRICE! (I BET you some agents say stack 8 may have POCKET SEA VIEW!)

... more like Sea View view or Silversea view....

devilplate
19-07-10, 17:47
Do you know stack 8 the 344sf is the SAME PRICE (in quantum level for level) as stack 7???
This is REALLY KNOW HOW TO PRICE! (I BET you some agents say stack 8 may have POCKET SEA VIEW!)

... more like Sea View view or Silversea view....

mabe stack '8'...number auspicious mah...haha...:D

Laguna
20-07-10, 10:17
went yesterday, it was so crowded while the balloting was on.
unthinkable...the heat is still on........

chiong lah

devilplate
20-07-10, 10:27

chiong lah

Heat wave had just turned ON

suddenly i start to rec calls from agts asking me my units wana sell anot...no agts call for 1-2mths oredi:D

mcmlxxvi
20-07-10, 10:29

chiong lah

So brudder did u buy any?

Wild Falcon
20-07-10, 11:08
I think there ia a huge speculative market for such $400k++ MM in Geylang and East Coast. It is affordable by most middle class standards and probably the cheapest private property in the entire Singapore. Put in only $80k which most young Singaporeans have and borrow the rest. The normal sized units in D15 is not moving but the MMs are still selling like hot cakes. But it also shows, real demand from owner occupier is wanting in this district.

devilplate
20-07-10, 11:17
in any case...such Mm units r only popular since 2007....in the market...u can find many 3bedders for rental....but nowadays mostly single expats as companies cut down housing allowance

tats the rental trend...vy funny one...CL 1bedder can fetch 3.5k...den 2bedder about 4-4.5k...not alot more. MM units will attract investors wana looking for rental yield

many agts hoot 1bedders also...i ask them y dunwan just buy 1-2 bigger units instead of buying 5MMuits for eg....they say 1bedder can rent/sell easily...

devilplate
20-07-10, 11:19
I think there ia a huge speculative market for such $400k++ MM in Geylang and East Coast. It is affordable by most middle class standards and probably the cheapest private property in the entire Singapore. Put in only $80k which most young Singaporeans have and borrow the rest. The normal sized units in D15 is not moving but the MMs are still selling like hot cakes. But it also shows, real demand from owner occupier is wanting in this district.

its not all about affordibility...i can easily afford bigger units but also choose to buy 1bedders in CBD instead of 2bedders

but geylang/east coast MM i haven try...lol

Wild Falcon
20-07-10, 11:28
Affordability is key. I know you can well afford larger units but then there is a BIGGER market if you push unit prices down to $400k which is the case in D14/D15 MM. After all, downpayment is only $80k? 80% of Singaporeans would find that affordable => addressable market is larger, pushing down to the lower-middle class.

its not all about affordibility...i can easily afford bigger units but also choose to buy 1bedders in CBD instead of 2bedders

but geylang/east coast MM i haven try...lol

devilplate
20-07-10, 11:39
Affordability is key. I know you can well afford larger units but then there is a BIGGER market if you push unit prices down to $400k which is the case in D14/D15 MM. After all, downpayment is only $80k? 80% of Singaporeans would find that affordable => addressable market is larger, pushing down to the lower-middle class.

not really lah....not all like Mm concept...u r one of them wat:D

cashrich
20-07-10, 12:02
MM projects... for people who are already staying in MM units and who don't know a thing about HDB's or cannot buy HDBs. That's your suckers.

mcmlxxvi
21-07-10, 09:52
MM projects... for people who are already staying in MM units and who don't know a thing about HDB's or cannot buy HDBs. That's your suckers.

I would have to say you are right. HDB is highest yielding.

That's why next year when I turn 35 I darn sure will buy a HDB. But now I'm thinking between investing the $ into another MM plus borrow for the HDB, or pay cash full outright for the HDB...

taggy
21-07-10, 10:10
or pay cash full outright for the HDB...

pay up HDB completely is advisable ? ;)
once done, cannot refinance liao leh...

Laguna
21-07-10, 11:11
So brudder did u buy any?
Not buying any more into SG property, buying somewhere else

devilplate
21-07-10, 12:48

That's why next year when I turn 35 I darn sure will buy a HDB. But now I'm thinking between investing the $ into another MM plus borrow for the HDB, or pay cash full outright for the HDB...

HDB goto stay 3yrs MOP wor....dun try lock 1rm since u oredi own pte ppty....sure kena busted:D

last time HDB yield vy good...but becoming less attractive....no doubt still can get 6-7% for a 2+1. always good to take some loan to offset rental income tax:D

too much cash on hand....just take 50% loan lor and it will improve ur nett ROI assuming rental yield stay above mortgage rates....let bank earn abit lah:D

devilplate
21-07-10, 12:50
Not buying any more into SG property, buying somewhere else

so pro....buy which country ppty?

i once bitten twice shy wor...bot from developer but declare bankruptcy! and its not msia somemore!:( :doh:

silver023
22-07-10, 08:08
Fully Sold!!! :scared-4:

limfc
22-07-10, 22:58

That's why next year when I turn 35 I darn sure will buy a HDB. But now I'm thinking between investing the $ into another MM plus borrow for the HDB, or pay cash full outright for the HDB... very difficult to cashout capital gains from HDB one, only possible way is to sell and incur all kinds of 'frictional fees' :( ... coz cannot re-finance one and cannot use as security for any loans.... even if got lobang to use it as a security by private contract or whatever, the interest shld be very high due to the complexity... i think.... :doh:

devilplate
23-07-10, 02:44
:scared-1:
very difficult to cashout capital gains from HDB one, only possible way is to sell and incur all kinds of 'frictional fees' :( ... coz cannot re-finance one and cannot use as security for any loans.... even if got lobang to use it as a security by private contract or whatever, the interest shld be very high due to the complexity... i think.... :doh:

HDB in the first place is not for u to speculate and make $:D

but anyone who bot b4 early 2007 can make more den 50% profit oredi:D

mcmlxxvi
23-07-10, 15:27
Hdb for rental yield and not capital gain

devilplate
23-07-10, 15:40
Hdb for rental yield and not capital gain

3yr MOP leh

mabe suay suay last min b4 ur 3yrs...extend to 5yrs:D

limfc
24-07-10, 00:44
Hdb for rental yield and not capital gain true true... i take back my point about capital gain.... pai seh pai seh... i newbie lar... :o

but then hor, please still consider not to fully pay up lor... coz once paid up, its difficult to take out the cash, unless sell it... :doh: then hor, if suddenly got good lobang, then how? cash stuck in hdb, unless really lot of spare cash... then i :not-worthy:

i think hor, hdb cannot re-finance one, once paid up, unlike private properties... so hor, maybe can consider to take some loan and like what 1 guru here said, can use the mortgage interest paid to offset the taxable income... :D

of course, if dun mind to let the cash be invested until the hdb is sold and rental income not taxed much, then can fully pay up lar, coz really save a lot of interest payable to the bank, if take a loan... :)

devilplate
24-07-10, 00:55
i think hor, hdb cannot re-finance one, once paid up, unlike private properties... so hor, maybe can consider to take some loan and like what 1 guru here said, can use the mortgage interest paid to offset the taxable income... :D

of course, if dun mind to let the cash be invested until the hdb is sold and rental income not taxed much, then can fully pay up lar, coz really save a lot of interest payable to the bank, if take a loan... :)

while still yng and got earning power...sure take some loan....50-60% at least:D ....retired liao...surely primary residence must be fully paid la. hehe

and u r right, HDB cannot use as collateral anymore...therefore cannot take equity loan against it.

bank lending to u at less den 2% now and we can achieve 4-5% rental yield now...y not:D....actual ROI can be as high as 7-8%!!!:D ....pls also explore packages like mortgage 1, uob home plus if sibor shoot up:D :D :D

mcmlxxvi
24-07-10, 12:43
Thanks all bros for advice and insights... I just plonked down 5% for developer unit of project in District 15 TOP end this year.... haha... and the mortgage loan is only 1.309% woohoo.

Yeah must enjoy the low interest and high rental yield while it lasts. :)

HDB next year then borrow 100k ba... (but stupid resale prices and COV still rising!!!!!!!)

devilplate
24-07-10, 14:46
Thanks all bros for advice and insights... I just plonked down 5% for developer unit of project in District 15 TOP end this year.... haha... and the mortgage loan is only 1.309% woohoo.

Yeah must enjoy the low interest and high rental yield while it lasts. :)

HDB next year then borrow 100k ba... (but stupid resale prices and COV still rising!!!!!!!)

congrats:cheers6:
1mth sibor/sor very low now...at ard 1.2-1.3%....u got tat package?:cheers6:

btw, isit the cotz? coz i nrly bot a unit there too..haha...yes...end of yr gona TOP...din buy bcoz i prefer proper 1bedrm which is all sold:(

mcmlxxvi
24-07-10, 23:53
congrats:cheers6:
1mth sibor/sor very low now...at ard 1.2-1.3%....u got tat package?:cheers6:

btw, isit the cotz? coz i nrly bot a unit there too..haha...yes...end of yr gona TOP...din buy bcoz i prefer proper 1bedrm which is all sold:(

U're power!!! correct

mcmlxxvi
19-10-10, 11:23
162 Haig Road #13-07 Freehold $1658 355 $588k 06 Sep 10
162 Haig Road #12-03 Freehold $1612 366 $590k 01 Sep 10

1658psf????? WTH???

gfoo
19-10-10, 11:30

1658psf????? WTH???

friggin champions. wonder who those fukwits are

mcmlxxvi
19-10-10, 11:42
friggin champions. wonder who those fukwits are

It's frggin nitwits like those who cause new launches develoeprs to be super bullish at least 1300psf and above REGARDLESS of location.

devilplate
19-10-10, 11:49
amazing to see projects like this one to manage to flip almost immediately after sold-out....WOW

reuters
19-10-10, 21:35

1658psf????? WTH???

Actually this is not surprising anymore. Consider this: Katong Shopping Centre and Paramount Hotel are put up for collective sale for revamp into something else and new hot spots like the Katong Mall with Golden Village cinema will be up by next year. This place is definitely worth that price compared to areas like Bukit Timah near Beauty World, possibly priced above $2,000psf.

Wild Falcon
19-10-10, 22:26
It's the absolute quantum that is attractive lah. Looks like the gays (many of my friends who happen to be gay love the place) and couples with low budget will have no place to buy other than these $4xx and $5xxk MM in D15. Shoe box low budget units is now the norm in this district. I believe once MM starts in any district, it is the point of no return. All new launches shall be shoeboxes. I believe the developers identified high demand from this group of "low-budget buyers but want to be seen as yuppies" in D15.

The strong sales of Haig 162 and other MMs in D15 has nothing to do with the new shopping mall. The comparison with Bukit Timah is also inappropriate. Different crowd. In fact, if you build a large cookie cutter shopping mall with Golden Village and arcade on the top floor that attracts loud teenagers in Bukit Timah, I suspect the residents will complain! So different crowd. The Bukit Timah crowd likes tranquility and more low-key. The East Coast crowd like to be seen as "yuppies". Very different.

BTW, Beauty World which is Upper Bukit Timah area is no where near $2000psf lah - more like $1000psf for new launch. But this area has so far not stoop so low to build exclusively MM apartments - I suspect if they do, prices could get higher.. And Beauty World is a different type of mall and very old school - no cimema no arcade - some very basic and unpretentious eating outlets, old tailors, dog grooming salon and tour agencies. Totally uncool - nothing like those large malls like Parkway or the new katong mall with breadtalks and the like. In short, very different.

Actually this is not surprising anymore. Consider this: Katong Shopping Centre and Paramount Hotel are put up for collective sale for revamp into something else and new hot spots like the Katong Mall with Golden Village cinema will be up by next year. This place is definitely worth that price compared to areas like Bukit Timah near Beauty World, possibly priced above $2,000psf.

reuters
19-10-10, 23:11
It's the absolute quantum that is attractive lah. Looks like the gays (many of my friends who happen to be gay love the place) and couples with low budget will have no place to buy other than these $4xx and $5xxk MM in D15. Shoe box low budget units is now the norm in this district. I believe once MM starts in any district, it is the point of no return. All new launches shall be shoeboxes. I believe the developers identified high demand from this group of "low-budget buyers but want to be seen as yuppies" in D15.

The strong sales of Haig 162 and other MMs in D15 has nothing to do with the new shopping mall. The comparison with Bukit Timah is also inappropriate. Different crowd. In fact, if you build a large cookie cutter shopping mall with Golden Village and arcade on the top floor that attracts loud teenagers in Bukit Timah, I suspect the residents will complain! So different crowd. The Bukit Timah crowd likes tranquility and more low-key. The East Coast crowd like to be seen as "yuppies". Very different.

BTW, Beauty World which is Upper Bukit Timah area is no where near $2000psf lah - more like $1000psf for new launch. But this area has so far not stoop so low to build exclusively MM apartments - I suspect if they do, prices could get higher.. And Beauty World is a different type of mall and very old school - no cimema no arcade - some very basic and unpretentious eating outlets, old tailors, dog grooming salon and tour agencies. Totally uncool - nothing like those large malls like Parkway or the new katong mall with breadtalks and the like. In short, very different.

Beauty World is not different and 'old school' - it is just OLD. I don't think people will complain if the shopping mall gets more hippy and attracts more up-to-date tenants. But they are indeed different to compare with, though I don't think East Coast should be characterised by MMs but by lots of landed property and proximity to what is left of Singapore's leisure coastal parks. These days even those condos near reservoir or worse, canal views (like that Dakota Residences) are more expensive!

urban
20-10-10, 10:08
This development is neither near Parkway or Katong Mall.

DC33_2008
20-10-10, 10:25
Wonder how can people stay in such a small apt?

Wild Falcon
20-10-10, 10:28
We can criticise those D15 MMs but the speculator who manage to flip the Haig 162 at a short notice at $1658psf has the last laugh lor. But after reading another post about a chap who earns only $4-5k per month buying an East Coast $650k property, I suddenly realise that the low interest rate makes these property very affordable to the lower income. Imagine household income of only $4-5k buying $650k property. It means anyone with a household income of $3k (which is probably the lower percentile) can actually afford these $4xx and $5xxk MM. These MM are a God-send to those who make $3k - $5k household income- because now they can "upgrade" to private easily. The market size is huge. Now I see MM differently. No wonder it gets sold out so quickly. Just pray hard interest rate doesn't rise. And those people with more than $8k income and still everyday complain about not able to afford a $400k HDB flat should just shut up.

devilplate
20-10-10, 10:41
Wonder how can people stay in such a small apt?

leme ask my tenant who stay in a 4xxsqft apt :p

suddenly feels 4xxsqft 'BIG" oredi due to 3xxsqft pigeon holes...ops:p

mcmlxxvi
20-10-10, 14:09
We can criticise those D15 MMs but the speculator who manage to flip the Haig 162 at a short notice at $1658psf has the last laugh lor. But after reading another post about a chap who earns only $4-5k per month buying an East Coast $650k property, I suddenly realise that the low interest rate makes these property very affordable to the lower income. Imagine household income of only $4-5k buying $650k property. It means anyone with a household income of $3k (which is probably the lower percentile) can actually afford these $4xx and $5xxk MM. These MM are a God-send to those who make $3k - $5k household income- because now they can "upgrade" to private easily. The market size is huge. Now I see MM differently. No wonder it gets sold out so quickly. Just pray hard interest rate doesn't rise. And those people with more than $8k income and still everyday complain about not able to afford a $400k HDB flat should just shut up.

Now you know right? Plus those who are mainly buying these MM for 'investment', with expected another 2k coming from such rental, 5-7k income sure can sustain loan even if it goes into 4% or 5% in tough times.

Assumption is high interest environment => inflation pressures => even higher rental. I'm econs idiot so experts pls correct if i'm wrong.

devilplate
20-10-10, 15:48
Assumption is high interest environment => inflation pressures => even higher rental. I'm econs idiot so experts pls correct if i'm wrong.

generally its correct unless stagflation

Daniel Foo
20-10-10, 16:44
Wild Falcon: so which condos does you and your "gay" friends like to stay or buy?
We all know Geylang area is notorious for "chickens". Did not know there are places that gays like to stay in. Maybe you can quote some projects or where you are staying :D

blackfire
20-10-10, 18:22

Seem that you are biased against D15. I once stayed along Bukit Timah when my children were studying in the vicinity hence I can make some comments on the area. Bukit Timah is one of those area in Singapore that hardly have any changes over time, everything is indeed quiet and peaceful but sometimes it is too dead and slow. Slow traffic not only during working peak hours but also school peak hours. To drive car is a must if you want to buy some food or run simple errand. To do some decent shopping, the nearest shopping area is Orchard, and the traffic there can really frustrate you.

In the evenings I enjoy going for stroll in the evenings, sometime I go to bukit timah hill and sometime to botanic garden for some light exercise. It is indeed relaxing with the cricket sounds and smell of decaying woods. The vegetation makes the place dark, wet and humid.The whole place lack of energy and you would simply think of retirement, laziness and just wish to rest in peace in the forest.

For some reasons, the people living there are also serious, formal and hardly smile. Perhaps they are high class pp but they sure behave like one. Some speak English with an accent and "tao" is the word. However, I would say that pp in Upper Bukit Timah onwards maybe different.

Now I'm in D15, the place is indeed very different. Different kind of relaxing feel, always breezy with positive energy and more laughters. Staying here somehow make you feel younger and want to wake up early on the weekends.

Wild Falcon
20-10-10, 19:41
Sorry I'm not gay but if are an agent - you should know here the gays reside in D15.

Wild Falcon: so which condos does you and your "gay" friends like to stay or buy?
We all know Geylang area is notorious for "chickens". Did not know there are places that gays like to stay in. Maybe you can quote some projects or where you are staying :D

Wild Falcon
20-10-10, 19:49
That's why different right? It's a "like to be seen as young and yuppie" area vs a slightly more "quiet and dignified" environment. That's why I say, if you have a cookie cutter much-revered Parkway Parade Mall with "G2000" and "Mango" at say Leedon, it will not fly. I started this because this chap came in and compare both places which are so different. Upper Bukit Timah has no G2000 or Mango. And maybe it lacks energy and seems too laidback because it doesn't have G2000 and Mango but the people don't care lah. As to whether the people want G2000 at Beauty World so that is become energised with more shopping crowd, I really doubt so.

Some people feel energised by loud crowd full of noise and laughter like yourself. Others get energised by a quiet and peaceful environment.

Seem that you are biased against D15. I once stayed along Bukit Timah when my children were studying in the vicinity hence I can make some comments on the area. Bukit Timah is one of those area in Singapore that hardly have any changes over time, everything is indeed quiet and peaceful but sometimes it is too dead and slow. Slow traffic not only during working peak hours but also school peak hours. To drive car is a must if you want to buy some food or run simple errand. To do some decent shopping, the nearest shopping area is Orchard, and the traffic there can really frustrate you.

In the evenings I enjoy going for stroll in the evenings, sometime I go to bukit timah hill and sometime to botanic garden for some light exercise. It is indeed relaxing with the cricket sounds and smell of decaying woods. The vegetation makes the place dark, wet and humid.The whole place lack of energy and you would simply think of retirement, laziness and just wish to rest in peace in the forest.

For some reasons, the people living there are also serious, formal and hardly smile. Perhaps they are high class pp but they sure behave like one. Some speak English with an accent and "tao" is the word. However, I would say that pp in Upper Bukit Timah onwards maybe different.

Now I'm in D15, the place is indeed very different. Different kind of relaxing feel, always breezy with positive energy and more laughters. Staying here somehow make you feel younger and want to wake up early on the weekends.

proud owner
20-10-10, 21:08

i remember Icon was launched to corner the Pink dollar...and has done very well ..

thats probably the start of a trend of studio, 1 bedder condos...to today's MM condos ..

blackfire
20-10-10, 21:40
That's why different right? It's a "like to be seen as young and yuppie" area vs a slightly more "quiet and dignified" environment. That's why I say, if you have a cookie cutter much-revered Parkway Parade Mall with "G2000" and "Mango" at say Leedon, it will not fly. I started this because this chap came in and compare both places which are so different. Upper Bukit Timah has no G2000 or Mango. And maybe it lacks energy and seems too laidback because it doesn't have G2000 and Mango but the people don't care lah. As to whether the people want G2000 at Beauty World so that is become energised with more shopping crowd, I really doubt so.

Some people feel energised by loud crowd full of noise and laughter like yourself. Others get energised by a quiet and peaceful environment.

I once had the chance to take up a real estate related course by NUS. Parkway Parade is reputed to the most successful shopping mall in the suburb. The tenant occupancy is one of the highest and excellent tenants mix. The layout is very well designed which allow maximum human traffic and retail frontage. There are supermarkets, departmental store, a very wide variety of restaurants and fast food outlets, clinics, watches, banks, niches products, hair saloons, clinics, small fashion outlets, ice cream parlours, bookstores, video and music,furniture, wine, japanese and korean specialties market, etc, etc. There is practically something for everyone. Although the mall is already of some age it is still very well maintained and attractive. High carpark charges and long taxis queue are a big turnoff but nevertheless there are still many people who still bear with it and go there.

devilplate
20-10-10, 21:43
Sorry I'm not gay but if are an agent - you should know here the gays reside in D15.

den whr lesbians resides?:D

hmm how about bi?? haha

devilplate
20-10-10, 21:46
i remember Icon was launched to corner the Pink dollar...and has done very well ..

thats probably the start of a trend of studio, 1 bedder condos...to today's MM condos ..

tats really funny....buy MM means gay? haha

hmmm....my tenant who rent my MM is gay ar? hahaha:p

mabe next time i shd rent to lady....lesbian:D

proud owner
20-10-10, 21:47

gay = male and female homo***ual ..

lesbians can live ANYWHERE .. 2 girls staying together are called roommates .. no one will ever say they are butch ...

but 2 men living together ...hhhmmmm everyone will start to think they are gay ...

devilplate
20-10-10, 21:52
gay = male and female homo***ual ..

lesbians can live ANYWHERE .. 2 girls staying together are called roommates .. no one will ever say they are butch ...

but 2 men living together ...hhhmmmm everyone will start to think they are gay ...

the funny thing is sm1 here can say gays & les resides in D15....stereotyping?

most ppl buy MMs to let out lah....let out to gays and les? haha

proud owner
20-10-10, 21:55
the funny thing is sm1 here can say gays & les resides in D15....stereotyping?

most ppl buy MMs to let out lah....let out to gays and les? haha

i am not surprised that most MM renters are pink dollar earners

devilplate
20-10-10, 22:00
i am not surprised that most MM renters are pink dollar earners

dun tink so...i rented out to a married ang mor with kids...BUT apparently, his family still reside in their home country....few possibilities: come here for short term(1-2yrs) or family members dunwan to come over or coy no budget...lol

during sch holidays, his wife+2kids(teens) manage to bunk into the tiny 1bedder for few wks....amazing:D

proud owner
20-10-10, 22:04
dun tink so...i rented out to a married ang mor with kids...BUT apparently, his family still reside in their home country....few possibilities: come here for short term(1-2yrs) or family members dunwan to come over or coy no budget...lol

during sch holidays, his wife+2kids(teens) manage to bunk into the tiny 1bedder for few wks....amazing:D

hahah solid ...

Lovelle
20-10-10, 22:05
what is pink dollar ?

SV88
20-10-10, 22:08

hmm how about bi?? haha
Lesbian stay at bukit timah lor. LOL...

Wild Falcon
20-10-10, 22:10
Exactly, in Singapore the need to conform is important. So Parkway Parade like what you have studied in college which conform to every other mall in the country will survive, because it carries exactly the SAME brands like Mango and G2000 as every other mall right?

All shopping malls that use EXACTLY the same design with EXACTLY the same shops are successful. Anything that tries to be "out-of-the-box" like Orchard Central will fail.

Singaporeans lack creativity. As long as you give them cookie cutter mall, they will be happy. Even if there are carpark fights almost everyday.

Sorry, I think singapore has too many same-same malls already. I despise them.

I once had the chance to take up a real estate related course by NUS. Parkway Parade is reputed to the most successful shopping mall in the suburb. The tenant occupancy is one of the highest and excellent tenants mix. The layout is very well designed which allow maximum human traffic and retail frontage. There are supermarkets, departmental store, a very wide variety of restaurants and fast food outlets, clinics, watches, banks, niches products, hair saloons, clinics, small fashion outlets, ice cream parlours, bookstores, video and music,furniture, wine, japanese and korean specialties market, etc, etc. There is practically something for everyone. Although the mall is already of some age it is still very well maintained and attractive. High carpark charges and long taxis queue are a big turnoff but nevertheless there are still many people who still bear with it and go there.

Wild Falcon
20-10-10, 22:12
Not all lah. But some. Anyway, the pink dollar is NOT to be ignored. They dress well, eat well and very image conscious :)

tats really funny....buy MM means gay? haha

hmmm....my tenant who rent my MM is gay ar? hahaha:p

mabe next time i shd rent to lady....lesbian:D

devilplate
20-10-10, 22:15
u all very high end ...

i dun even bother wat brand i wear wor:o ....cheap, quality ok and looks ok enuff liao:D

hmmm, my wardrobe got baleno, giordano, hang ten....smtimes u see me crowd ard the promotion push cart area:ashamed1:

proud owner
20-10-10, 22:16
Not all lah. But some. Anyway, the pink dollar is NOT to be ignored. They dress well, eat well and very image conscious :)

with no family commitment they have the spending power ...

reuters
20-10-10, 22:24
Exactly, in Singapore the need to conform is important. So Parkway Parade like what you have studied in college which conform to every other mall in the country will survive, because it carries exactly the SAME brands like Mango and G2000 as every other mall right?

All shopping malls that use EXACTLY the same design with EXACTLY the same shops are successful. Anything that tries to be "out-of-the-box" like Orchard Central will fail.

Singaporeans lack creativity. As long as you give them cookie cutter mall, they will be happy. Even if there are carpark fights almost everyday.

Actually I notice that Singaporeans love to shop at NTUC Fairprice, Giant, Cold Storage! We love groceries :D When Katong Mall's Market Place opens, that area in Marine Parade will be grocer's haven (!?)

devilplate
20-10-10, 22:26
Actually I notice that Singaporeans love to shop at NTUC Fairprice, Giant, Cold Storage! We love groceries :D When Katong Mall's Market Place opens, that area in Marine Parade will be grocer's haven (!?)

err...i tot only ah soh and ah lau shops at supermarket???:confused:

proud owner
20-10-10, 22:28
u all very high end ...

i dun even bother wat brand i wear wor:o ....cheap, quality ok and looks ok enuff liao:D

hmmm, my wardrobe got baleno, giordano, hang ten....smtimes u see me crowd ard the promotion push cart area:ashamed1:

you mean EVENT HALL ??

my favorite too ...

proud owner
20-10-10, 22:30

i ever saw an Ah Mah ..went to NTUC buy brocolli ... she pinched off the thick stem .. only wanted the 'leaves' ..

solid ...

devilplate
20-10-10, 22:31
you mean EVENT HALL ??

my favorite too ...

err...smthing like great SG sale...PC show...anniversary sale, reno sale blah blah...shop only when and whr got gd deals:D ...ops:ashamed1:

SV88
20-10-10, 22:34
Ah soh and ah lau shop at sheng song or SENG siong.
Anyway parkway is a one stop for banking service and everything else. Maybe when katong mall is completed, d15 prices can go up by another 10 percent? Time will tell.

devilplate
20-10-10, 22:45
Ah soh and ah lau shop at sheng song or SENG siong.
Anyway parkway is a one stop for banking service and everything else. Maybe when katong mall is completed, d15 prices can go up by another 10 percent? Time will tell.

katong mall more likely to pull up tembeling/joo chiat areas....more attractive to renters ....:2cents:

blackfire
20-10-10, 23:11

Well like what you said, each has his own.

But your statements made about D15 are extremely biased and untrue. Firstly, maybe apart from a few new projects like this one, I don't think there is any existing projects here with MM units. The studios here are quite sizable and a lot of them come with balconies. I don't know there is any existing development here with units less than 500 sqft. Secondly, surprising u said that there are a lot of gays in D15. Maybe you have confused Changi beach with East Coast beach. Thirdly, are there carpark fights in PP everyday ? In fact the carpark design is so that every car is lined up in one line, hence no fight on who come first.? Or some gangsters in Geylang come here everyday to fight it out?

devilplate
20-10-10, 23:21
nowadays MM r spreading....any small devt/landed got enbloced....99% becomes MM devt liao....not just D15 leh...

river valley contracted MM virus liao....RV point...coming 118 killiney...

kovan...hougang...west coast kena liao too....

Indian gays r sprouting too....psf is getting higher also....
pimps turning into gays as well in geylang...haha:D

so 'gays' will be everywhr in SG:scared-3: :p

mantrix
22-10-10, 09:05
if MM spreads, then 'normal' units will become rarer...may come a time when bigger units command higher psf!! (kinda like how Far East prices their recent projects - bigger ones cost more in terms of psf) :eek:

devilplate
22-10-10, 09:09
if MM spreads, then 'normal' units will become rarer...may come a time when bigger units command higher psf!! (kinda like how Far East prices their recent projects - bigger ones cost more in terms of psf) :eek:

mabe only brandnew gd size units become rare but definitely not the older ones....

gohsoonk
22-10-10, 09:47
Actually, car park fights are common for the following conditions:

(1) Districts with single lanes in both directions.
(2) Beside both lanes are landed property.

Requires drivers to give and take and once in a while, you hit on a bully.

But your statements made about D15 are extremely biased and untrue. Firstly, maybe apart from a few new projects like this one, I don't think there is any existing projects here with MM units. The studios here are quite sizable and a lot of them come with balconies. I don't know there is any existing development here with units less than 500 sqft. Secondly, surprising u said that there are a lot of gays in D15. Maybe you have confused Changi beach with East Coast beach. Thirdly, are there carpark fights in PP everyday ? In fact the carpark design is so that every car is lined up in one line, hence no fight on who come first.? Or some gangsters in Geylang come here everyday to fight it out?

mantrix
22-10-10, 11:15
mabe only brandnew gd size units become rare but definitely not the older ones....

True to some extent...in a project dominated by MMs (one that is in a good location) then people might pay a premium for one of the few rare decent-sized units...

devilplate
22-10-10, 11:20
ST reported on Oxley today...MM developer.....another 9 MM projects coming on stream....i tink none is in D15

MM virus is contagious

next wed oxley shares starts trading....hmmm....can fry fry:D

mcmlxxvi
22-10-10, 15:03
nowadays MM r spreading....any small devt/landed got enbloced....99% becomes MM devt liao....not just D15 leh...

river valley contracted MM virus liao....RV point...coming 118 killiney...

kovan...hougang...west coast kena liao too....

Indian gays r sprouting too....psf is getting higher also....
pimps turning into gays as well in geylang...haha:D

so 'gays' will be everywhr in SG:scared-3: :p

New Spottiswoode project also got 125 (??) units of MM okay....

blackfire
22-10-10, 16:06
Actually, car park fights are common for the following conditions:

(1) Districts with single lanes in both directions.
(2) Beside both lanes are landed property.

Requires drivers to give and take and once in a while, you hit on a bully.

In general, Singaporeans are more "gentleman" when comes to queuing for carpark lots as compared to other nationalities like Malaysians. But interestingly, many Singaporean drivers snap and point their middle finger immediately when they are being horned at , even though they deserve to be horned. Many fights and chasing here start from a horn.This is very unlike many other countries when horning is part and parcel of driving on the roads.

Lord Anus
23-10-10, 17:41
u all very high end ...

polo tee is polo tee lah.... got prada polo tee, ralph lauren polo tee, baleno polo tee, giordano polo tee.... maybe all made in same factory in china or sri lanka....

Lord Anus
23-10-10, 17:43
In general, Singaporeans are more "gentleman" when comes to queuing for carpark lots as compared to other nationalities like Malaysians. But interestingly, many Singaporean drivers snap and point their middle finger immediately when they are being horned at , even though they deserve to be horned. Many fights and chasing here start from a horn.This is very unlike many other countries when horning is part and parcel of driving on the roads.

malaysians.... not saying all malaysians, but many malaysians are even less gracious than singaporeans.. especially the cheena malaysians.... 10 times more kiasu and 100 times more inconsiderate

Jonathan0503
12-05-11, 10:45
leme ask my tenant who stay in a 4xxsqft apt :p

suddenly feels 4xxsqft 'BIG" oredi due to 3xxsqft pigeon holes...ops:p

So i guess it would not be difficult to rent out a MM unit 4xxsqft around Orchard?

devilplate
12-05-11, 10:55
So i guess it would not be difficult to rent out a MM unit 4xxsqft around Orchard?
Sure can rent out....its only a matter of how much rental....:D

Wild Falcon
12-05-11, 11:04
I think you're the biased one. There are a lot of MMs in D15 - look at all the new launches in D15 before u comment. Of course every area also got good size units but it still doesn't change the fact the D15 tops in terms of MM. Actually MM is the one pushing up PSF in many areas because quantum is so low and got large market - so for investors, high number of MMs might be a "positive" attribute.

devilplate
12-05-11, 11:11
I think you're the biased one. There are a lot of MMs in D15 - look at all the new launches in D15 before u comment. Of course every area also got good size units but it still doesn't change the fact the D15 tops in terms of MM. Actually MM is the one pushing up PSF in many areas because quantum is so low and got large market - so for investors, high number of MMs might be a "positive" attribute.
Mm actually bad for normal sized units within the vicinity....bcoz their quantum so low n aso can spoil rental market as well:scared-5: :2cents:

I noticed in a few past yr mm developments....only the smallest unit get flipped....penthse especially got stuck n rot

mantrix
12-05-11, 11:54
Mm actually bad for normal sized units within the vicinity....bcoz their quantum so low n aso can spoil rental market as well:scared-5: :2cents:

I noticed in a few past yr mm developments....only the smallest unit get flipped....penthse especially got stuck n rot

Dun ever buy MM penthouses....

It's like a motorbike on 4 wheels

marktkt22
12-05-11, 18:28
katong mall more likely to pull up tembeling/joo chiat areas....more attractive to renters ....:2cents:
That would be gd new, to me.:)

Jonathan0503
13-05-11, 09:17
Sure can rent out....its only a matter of how much rental....:D

Roughly how much you think can rent for brand new?

devilplate
13-05-11, 10:00
Roughly how much you think can rent for brand new?
U expect a figure without size, layout n project name?:scared-1:

Me aint god:ashamed1:

Jonathan0503
13-05-11, 10:51
U expect a figure without size, layout n project name?:scared-1:

Me aint god:ashamed1:

Don't need exact figure. Just a range for a brand new 4XX sqft (which I have indicated) around Orchard.

If you don't have, it's fine.

Thanks

devilplate
13-05-11, 10:57
Don't need exact figure. Just a range for a brand new 4XX sqft (which I have indicated) around Orchard.

If you don't have, it's fine.

Thanks
Pptyguru noes better den me

bullman
14-05-11, 11:56
Pptyguru noes better den me

I guess he is thinking of Espada and the rest of the MM projects in that area. It's just hilarious why he need to be so secretive about it. Unless maybe he has a super firesale deal?

kingkong1984
14-05-11, 12:07
malaysians.... not saying all malaysians, but many malaysians are even less gracious than singaporeans.. especially the cheena malaysians.... 10 times more kiasu and 100 times more inconsiderate

go view

http://www.youtube.com/verify_age?next_url=http%3A//www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DPN09Bhm1c94

fiat500
22-11-11, 19:12
made some enquiry about this project recently but didnt follow up cos was damn pissed off with the agent asking for com. from buyers side..

anyone here care to share their views on haig 162?
i believed it has majority shoebox units n was quite hot when it was launch. :expert:

mcmlxxvi
22-11-11, 19:24
made some enquiry about this project recently but didnt follow up cos was damn pissed off with the agent asking for com. from buyers side..

anyone here care to share their views on haig 162?
i believed it has majority shoebox units n was quite hot when it was launch. :expert:
Did you check out the progress of construction? Dont pay more than 1350psf in any case.

fiat500
22-11-11, 19:43
Did you check out the progress of construction? Dont pay more than 1350psf in any case.
still piling stage i guessed..
saw in prop. guru all asking 1600psf n above for the small units..
the bigger units are slightly cheaper asking aroung 1400 - 1500psf.
dont see anything near 1350psf leh..i doubt can get at this price at the moment..:banghead: :banghead:
in terms of quantum,i find that this is the most affordable in katong area.

mcmlxxvi
22-11-11, 20:03
dont see anything near 1350psf leh..i doubt can get at this price at the moment..:banghead: :banghead:
1600psf might as well buy The Shore...

heroes
22-11-11, 20:16
592sqft the shore is around 815k. View pool.

ecimbew
22-11-11, 20:33
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs036.ash2/35165_10150211792085244_673175243_13635881_3459494_n.jpg

It looks cute! Such a cute tiny plot

Eastboy
22-11-11, 20:46

Ya such a small devt but build so slow!

fiat500
22-11-11, 21:00

Shore too x lah...1 bedder around 800k+..
Quantum wise haig 162 is affordable @ 600k..
I find location for 162 abit off though,@ least 10mins walk to katong shopping centre.
Layout compared to aristo is definitely better.
Using aristo as comparison cos projects r verysimilar.

devilplate
22-11-11, 21:07
Shore too x lah...1 bedder around 800k+..
Quantum wise haig 162 is affordable @ 600k..
I find location for 162 abit off though,@ least 10mins walk to katong shopping centre.
Layout compared to aristo is definitely better.
Using aristo as comparison cos projects r verysimilar.
How abt leicester suites?

Or waterbank 1bdr

mcmlxxvi
22-11-11, 21:20

Or waterbank 1bdr
Ya way better those projects and nearer to town. Unless you need to be near certain schools etc.

fiat500
22-11-11, 22:02

Or waterbank 1bdr
Both w.b n l.s are popular cos of mrt..
162 is due to being in d15 n also in katong area..

devilplate
22-11-11, 22:19
Tats me.....mm must b near to mrt

fiat500
22-11-11, 22:26
Tats me.....mm must b near to mrt

Too bad d15 has no mrt now..d wait has to b easily 5 to 6 yrs from now n nobody knows whr is d station gona be in d15?

devilplate
22-11-11, 22:28
Too bad d15 has no mrt now..d wait has to b easily 5 to 6 yrs from now n nobody knows whr is d station gona be in d15?
Dun buy mm in d15 la...hehehe

One amber 1bdr rental can hit 3k easily though

mcmlxxvi
22-11-11, 22:50
Mrt regardless, Haig 162 is a far walk from any nearest amenities.

clemdale
22-11-11, 22:50
No one knows for sure but many have speculated.

fiat500
22-11-11, 23:15
Dun buy mm in d15 la...hehehe

One amber 1bdr rental can hit 3k easily though
D other mm in d15 is siglapV but its d 5 story type..
Amenities wise,162 no match.
Downside for siglapV is its located @ busy junction,damn noisy.
End of the day,d15 has its charm n appeal n its sought after even though no mrt.

devilplate
22-11-11, 23:24
D other mm in d15 is siglapV but its d 5 story type..
Amenities wise,162 no match.
Downside for siglapV is its located @ busy junction,damn noisy.
End of the day,d15 has its charm n appeal n its sought after even though no mrt.
D15 vy big.....haig just no no for me

hyenergix
22-11-11, 23:26
I recall the location was not ideal, that was why I din bother about this project.

fiat500
22-11-11, 23:56
I recall the location was not ideal, that was why I din bother about this project.
ya,i ageee.162 not very accessible.
Seems there r no other mm projects in d15.

Jonathan0503
23-11-11, 07:48

But The Shore is 103LH sitting on FH land woh. A great turn-off

Jonathan0503
23-11-11, 07:57
ya,i ageee.162 not very accessible.
Seems there r no other mm projects in d15.

Actually there's a pedestrian walkway between haig court and tanjong katong sec school linking haig road to tanjong katong road.

It's about less than 5 min walk and you can have access to all the eateries and bus stop along tanjong katong road.

So in a way you can have a very quiet and peaceful living environment and yet not far from amenities.

devilplate
23-11-11, 09:03
Actually there's a pedestrian walkway between haig court and tanjong katong sec school linking haig road to tanjong katong road.

It's about less than 5 min walk and you can have access to all the eateries and bus stop along tanjong katong road.

So in a way you can have a very quiet and peaceful living environment and yet not far from amenities.

other projects 5min walk to MRT....this one 5min walk to bus stop

Jonathan0503
23-11-11, 09:23
other projects 5min walk to MRT....this one 5min walk to bus stop

But which project in D15 (and FH) has 5 min walk to MRT now?

devilplate
23-11-11, 09:36
But which project in D15 (and FH) has 5 min walk to MRT now?

there r many D15 projects with bus stop 1-2min away

Jonathan0503
23-11-11, 10:30
there r many D15 projects with bus stop 1-2min away

Oh, so the argument change from bus stop to mrt and then back to bus stop again...

There are also many projects in D15 with bus stop more than 5 min away. No?

Just wanted to highlight the location is not so bad or inaccessible.

Anyway I am not vested in this project as I find the units to be too small. 4xx sqft for 2 bedder is :doh:

devilplate
23-11-11, 10:41
Oh, so the argument change from bus stop to mrt and then back to bus stop again...

Anyway I am not vested in this project as I find the units to be too small. 4xx sqft for 2 bedder is :doh:
er....tot u change MRT to bus stop?

location is quite bad compared to many D15 condos....even poorest cousin joo chiat is more accessible and better for investment for MM investors....see the word MM.....

mcmlxxvi
23-11-11, 10:43
But The Shore is 103LH sitting on FH land woh. A great turn-off
Hello Michelle Chia bought there ok... How turn off would that be...

mcmlxxvi
23-11-11, 10:45
er....tot u change MRT to bus stop?

location is quite bad compared to many D15 condos....even poorest cousin joo chiat is more accessible and better for investment for MM investors....see the word MM.....
Correct. Almost bought Celestia at JoO chiat terrace. 5 mins brisk walk to Eunos mrt.

mcmlxxvi
23-11-11, 10:47

Good to know! Now I bioing Suites @ Katong... 550k only and opp my favourite massage tui na

fiat500
23-11-11, 10:49

Just got floorplans fm agent n thats what i wana bring up..the layout is surprisingly good for the mm units. even though small,there r no baywindows n planter boxes.every space is maximise n theres even a bomb shelter in d living rm.
D 2 bedders in 162@ 580sq ft has 2 toilets n no wasted space.
Orientation of most units r NS facing.
After seeing d prices of BR today,fh162 seems reasonably priced for the mm units.:cheers2:

mcmlxxvi
23-11-11, 12:40
Just got floorplans fm agent n thats what i wana bring up..the layout is surprisingly good for the mm units. even though small,there r no baywindows n planter boxes.every space is maximise n theres even a bomb shelter in d living rm.
D 2 bedders in 162@ 580sq ft has 2 toilets n no wasted space.
Orientation of most units r NS facing.
After seeing d prices of BR today,fh162 seems reasonably priced for the mm units.:cheers2:
I must confess I submitted cheque but when 366sf price came out 488k I said forget it. I liked because I can walk to Dunman Food Centre eat my favourite chicken chop...

mcmlxxvi
23-11-11, 12:42
Good to know! Now I bioing Suites @ Katong... 550k only and opp my favourite massage tui na
Just realised the layout super cmi. Long long with bedroom at end. Living room no light nor ventilation whatsoever... No wonder got sale at 530k negotiable.

devilplate
23-11-11, 12:43
I must confess I submitted cheque but when 366sf price came out 488k I said forget it. I liked because I can walk to Dunman Food Centre eat my favourite chicken chop...
i also must confessed tat i did recce tat area and considering submitting a chq too.....whahaha

remember entry px above location for me ;)

fiat500
23-11-11, 13:15
Just realised the layout super cmi. Long long with bedroom at end. Living room no light nor ventilation whatsoever... No wonder got sale at 530k negotiable.
talking about suites@katong,i went for d preview during launch.
units facing front damn noisy cos of main rd,facing d back also jialat cos tajong katong girls school facing yr unit..every a.m u will get wake up call n also during recess period.:doh:
u are right about the layout n thats the most turn-off..living rm no windows n u hv to open yr bedroom door during the day to allow light to come in.:doh:
the agent kept saying its near mrt:doh: ..its more like a 20mins walk there!

Jonathan0503
23-11-11, 13:41

Which stall is your favorite chiicken chop? Didn't notice and never try before leh

Jonathan0503
23-11-11, 13:45
units facing front damn noisy cos of main rd,facing d back also jialat cos tajong katong girls school facing yr unit..every a.m u will get wake up call n also during recess period.:doh:
u are right about the layout n thats the most turn-off..living rm no windows n u hv to open yr bedroom door during the day to allow light to come in.:doh:

Is katong suites the one beside Caltex along tanjong katong road?

Yah, agree it can be quite noisy. And the plot of land is even smaller than Haig162 right?

Seems like they are taking ages to build also.

marktkt22
23-11-11, 13:51
Also heard that she got the shore and st patr residence, as investment...

Hello Michelle Chia bought there ok... How turn off would that be...

fiat500
23-11-11, 14:53
Is katong suites the one beside Caltex along tanjong katong road?

Yah, agree it can be quite noisy. And the plot of land is even smaller than Haig162 right?

Seems like they are taking ages to build also.
ya,thats the 1..layout super cmi.
buy mm units very important must see the layout.:cheers2:

mcmlxxvi
23-11-11, 15:11
Which stall is your favorite chiicken chop? Didn't notice and never try before leh
Right most corner on 2nd level. Few stalls from the popular steamed fish (head)...

mcmlxxvi
23-11-11, 15:12
Am sure he meant FUTURE mrt la

mcmlxxvi
23-11-11, 15:19
How about this one directly opposite? http://www.alvin.myweb.sg/201

devilplate
23-11-11, 15:21
How about this one directly opposite? http://www.alvin.myweb.sg/201
This one....the compact 3bdr at 8xxsqft only about 1kpsf during launch.....vy efficient layout...but the 1bdr layout cmi

mcmlxxvi
23-11-11, 15:26
This one....the compact 3bdr at 8xxsqft only about 1kpsf during launch.....vy efficient layout...but the 1bdr layout cmi
Its open studio lor not even proper 1br

fiat500
23-11-11, 15:26
Am sure he meant FUTURE mrt la
future mrt is still a loooooong way from now if there is any around that area? :rolleyes:

fiat500
23-11-11, 15:37
Its open studio lor not even proper 1br
thats y the mm 162 layout is excellent.
proper 1 bedroom with wardrobe,small balcony n even bomb shelter in the living room which is good for stowage.
i m very impressed with their layout so far..only thing is the location.
but then again,if its located @ meyer rd or amber rd,it wont b selling @ 600k +- alrdy,it will be like 800k.

devilplate
23-11-11, 15:41
proper 1 bedroom with wardrobe,small balcony n even bomb shelter in the living room which is good for stowage.
but then again,if its located @ meyer rd or amber rd,it wont b selling @ 600k +- alrdy,it will be like 800k.
K...so how...u offered?

fiat500
23-11-11, 16:26
K...so how...u offered?
still deciding leh..?
with my budget around 600k,i reckon this is the best buy for now in d15.
duno about nxt year lah,maybe can get it for 400k? so the big word is 'maybe.'
i'l ask agent to pick up chq later tonite,i'l try offering 25k below asking price..see how 1st? :rolleyes:

devilplate
23-11-11, 16:29
still deciding leh..?
with my budget around 600k,i reckon this is the best buy for now in d15.
duno about nxt year lah,maybe can get it for 400k? so the big word is 'maybe.'
i'l ask agent to pick up chq later tonite,i'l try offering 25k below asking price..see how 1st? :rolleyes:
I tink u can really take ur time to get a unit there.....bcoz still long way to TOP and px most likely stay stagnant or drop in near future.....eu debt crisis is really no joke.....we r in uncharted territory

No harm keeping ur 200k cash on hand for time being

Eastboy
23-11-11, 16:32
I tink u can really take ur time to get a unit there.....bcoz still long way to TOP and px most likely stay stagnant or drop in near future.....eu debt crisis is really no joke.....we r in uncharted territory

suddenly i thought Mr B possessed devil....kekeke

anyway ya i also agree can wait....good to have cash on hand now. liquidity is king. :cheers4:

devilplate
23-11-11, 16:41
suddenly i thought Mr B possessed devil....kekeke

anyway ya i also agree can wait....good to have cash on hand now. liquidity is king. :cheers4:
From the beginning, i did not make any forecast mah....wat i did was to audit mr b........hehe....

But seriously, only projects gona TOP soon or just TOPED may hf some upside.....resale market is really eerily quiet now....

fiat500
23-11-11, 16:49

yes,quite true also..
those who rush in to buy BR today all jialat liao..paying 700k+ for 1bedder!

anyway i just test mkt,offer verbally 30k below asking price n see whats d response 1st..hee hee
but this unit is a good stack n on a high floor with unblocked view.
i saw on ura website a transaction of 700k a few mths back for a mm unit @ 162.:scared-1:
maybe wont buy lah..economy shaky.

Jonathan0503
23-11-11, 17:02

But meyer even more far off from amenities hor.

Eastboy
23-11-11, 17:04

meyer is nearer to the sea and i think it's because of the exclusive higher end status....rich people don't need to be near amenities...amenities get delivered to them....:D

fiat500
23-11-11, 22:33
suddenly i find 162 very reasonably priced after the B.R fiasco....:eek:

devilplate
23-11-11, 22:38
suddenly i find 162 very reasonably priced after the B.R fiasco....:eek:
Ur offer rejected ar?

Really cant compare leh i feel....

clemdale
23-11-11, 22:55
Meyer = super duper upper class, atas and prestigious. Just have a drive along Meyer road and Amber road- they arent the same from the rest of D15.

fiat500
23-11-11, 23:13
Ur offer rejected ar?

Really cant compare leh i feel....
ya,shud b rejected..no response till now.
if the seller had seen all the hype @ B.R,he wont anyhow lower price for his unit alrdy unless desperate..
to be frank,apart from being very near mrt..i dont find B.R that appealing leh after visiting the showflat earlier! i was trying hard to psycho myself to have liking for B.R but did not succeed.
it has this very mass mkt feel,d front stacks are all facing the track,main road n hdb blocks across the road..even the blocks at the back are also facing hdb..somemore bus interchange downstairs,like everything so congested.:eek:
no atas feel leh imo..:rolleyes:

devilplate
23-11-11, 23:19
ya,shud b rejected..no response till now.
if the seller had seen all the hype @ B.R,he wont anyhow lower price for his unit alrdy unless desperate..
to be frank,apart from being very near mrt..i dont find B.R that appealing leh after visiting the showflat earlier! i was trying hard to psycho myself to have liking for B.R but did not succeed.
it has this very mass mkt feel,d front stacks are all facing the track,main road n hdb blocks across the road..even the blocks at the back are also facing hdb..somemore bus interchange downstairs,like everything so congested.:eek:
no atas feel leh imo..:rolleyes:
I tink u like the unblock view of haig 162 and pte enclave ....

fiat500
23-11-11, 23:30
I tink u like the unblock view of haig 162 and pte enclave ....
BINGO!
its away from the crowd n yet near to amenities:like parkway,katong shopping centre,the new katong mall to name a few..
n of coz its fh.:ashamed1:

Jonathan0503
24-11-11, 07:55
Meyer = super duper upper class, atas and prestigious. Just have a drive along Meyer road and Amber road- they arent the same from the rest of D15.

But devilplate said MM for investment must be close to amenities and MRT/bus-stop mah

devilplate
24-11-11, 08:46
But devilplate said MM for investment must be close to amenities and MRT/bus-stop mah
but Jon said bus stop and amenities 5 min away wor

fiat500
24-11-11, 12:14
Of coZ that will b the best choice..it will come with a price tag as well,eg:like alexis.

Eastboy
24-11-11, 13:57
but Jon said bus stop and amenities 5 min away wor

aiya some expats LOVE to walk. i have 2 tenants who LOVE to walk like 15mins to MRT.....sometimes i am also very puzzled....but apparently walking in the tropical heat is a wonderful experience for them :scared-5:

Lovelle
24-11-11, 14:05
aiya some expats LOVE to walk. i have 2 tenants who LOVE to walk like 15mins to MRT.....sometimes i am also very puzzled....but apparently walking in the tropical heat is a wonderful experience for them :scared-5:

yo eastboy

which development is that ?

devilplate
24-11-11, 14:30
Really sounds like agt sales pitch....ops...lol

devilplate
24-11-11, 14:31
Of coZ that will b the best choice..it will come with a price tag as well,eg:like alexis.
Leicester suites ok mah rite? But no view lor....

I saw a unit asking 577k at haig162....

Eastboy
24-11-11, 14:39
yo eastboy

which development is that ?

hello ya one landed in Opera Estate, another the Summit at Upper East Coat.

Lovelle
24-11-11, 14:40

yeah , mrt quite out of sight.

devilplate
24-11-11, 14:42
I believe u dun haf to take too much risks in the stock market oredi....

Eastboy
24-11-11, 14:47
yeah , mrt quite out of sight.

yeah and they don't drive. i think most of the time they take cab la...but my tenant really told me he enjoys the evening walk home from Bedok Mrt to opera estate....i just nod 'yes, yes, yes' i am glad you like the house very much because it is so 'RARE' in singapore to have a private valley area with amenities within 'walking distance'....LOL!!!!!

Lovelle
24-11-11, 14:50
yeah and they don't drive. i think most of the time they take cab la...but my tenant really told me he enjoys the evening walk home from Bedok Mrt to opera estate....i just nod 'yes, yes, yes' i am glad you like the house very much because it is so 'RARE' in singapore to have a private valley area with amenities within 'walking distance'....LOL!!!!!

ke ke ke,, after 2 yrs . Check if he still walking..

Eastboy
24-11-11, 14:58
ke ke ke,, after 2 yrs . Check if he still walking..

no need to wait 2 yrs....2012 june his tenancy expire le...and i hope he doesn't get fired from his job...if like that i will have prob finding tenant le...nowadays hard to get tenants who'd want to rent landed....sigh....hope Basic's curse doesn't hit me....

Lovelle
24-11-11, 15:05
no need to wait 2 yrs....2012 june his tenancy expire le...and i hope he doesn't get fired from his job...if like that i will have prob finding tenant le...nowadays hard to get tenants who'd want to rent landed....sigh....hope Basic's curse doesn't hit me....

shldn't have problem renting out. Just a matter of price

fiat500
24-11-11, 15:56

ooh,that 1 shud b low flr unit..those above #10 are pricier.
actually the haig rd area quite peaceful,not much traffic,low noise level n mostly landed properties.
was there in the pm today to try out,its a 10mins walk to katong shopping centre from haig court..only thing is u will be hot n sweaty after d walk which not many will fancy.:scared-2:
i dont like the leicester suites area personally..i am biased towards the east.:rolleyes: hee hee

Lovelle
05-12-11, 08:09

yo devil

how good is the rental in leicester suites ?

devilplate
05-12-11, 08:22
yo devil

duno....not vested

Lovelle
05-12-11, 08:24
duno....not vested

hmm, near PP mrt and TOP in 2013 . But near PIE..asking price is reasonable

devilplate
05-12-11, 08:26
hmm, near PP mrt and TOP in 2013 . But near PIE..asking price is reasonable
shdnt hf PIE noise but i remember the layout not so gd and most units no view

hyenergix
05-12-11, 08:37
shdnt hf PIE noise but i remember the layout not so gd and most units no view

Have view lah, its quite close to the neighbouring blocks, so if there are pretty girls staying there you have will good views.

Lovelle
05-12-11, 08:42
Have view lah, its quite close to the neighbouring blocks, so if there are pretty girls staying there you have will good views.

who is their neighbour? later is those old blocks... u see ah mah only

devilplate
05-12-11, 11:37
who is their neighbour? later is those old blocks... u see ah mah only
Become ah mah bio u handsome boy....hehehe

fiat500
06-12-11, 18:49
yo devil

should be between 2.5k - 2.8k for mm @ leicester suites..

carbuncle
26-10-12, 12:25
I think it has built until topmost floors liao... passed by from a distance.

mcmlxxvi
10-12-12, 11:27
http://cdn-sg2.pgimgs.com/images/thumb/4/7/7/f/477fd728970398_1_V550.jpg
http://cdn-sg2.pgimgs.com/images/thumb/5/e/d/a/5eda5430046093_1_V550.jpg

Jonathan0503
10-12-12, 17:27
http://cdn-sg2.pgimgs.com/images/thumb/4/7/7/f/477fd728970398_1_V550.jpg
http://cdn-sg2.pgimgs.com/images/thumb/5/e/d/a/5eda5430046093_1_V550.jpg

How you find the design?

mcmlxxvi
10-12-12, 19:56
How you find the design?

in the current state? yawnz

fiat500
16-02-13, 18:58
How you find the design?
Drove past recently, now they are only doing the main gate n ground level.. 2nd 3rd 4th level main facade still not completed ...
Maybe top in apr-may..

blackjack21trader
16-02-13, 22:32
Those owners that sold their Haig 162 units before August 2013 will come to regret after August 2013.

Good Luck

fiat500
17-02-13, 00:53
Those owners that sold their Haig 162 units before August 2013 will come to regret after August 2013.

Good Luck
Why do u say that bro?
I thought they should be happy after making some profit.

leesg123
17-02-13, 01:48
Other than it being in d15, no big huh ha about it. Hdb is just down the road, no exclusiveness, mrt is so far away. Suites@eunos although is in D14, can atract tenants better as it is so close to the mrt.

leesg123
17-02-13, 01:50

Good Luck
Brother bj, i think ANYONE who sold off their properties and not immediately getting a replacement will regret big time!

fiat500
17-02-13, 05:10
Other than it being in d15, no big huh ha about it. Hdb is just down the road, no exclusiveness, mrt is so far away. Suites@eunos although is in D14, can atract tenants better as it is so close to the mrt.
HDB? i don't see any HDB leh that day when i drove past?
All i saw were mostly landed properties n tanjong katong girls school..

Btw, i realised people who buy or rent in dist15 are not bothered about having the mrt..
Good example is the esta n one amber which are easily rented out to expats! :cheers6:

blackjack21trader
17-02-13, 11:15
Why do u say that bro?
I thought they should be happy after making some profit.

bro leesg123 already gave you the answer above liao, good brother :)

blackjack21trader
17-02-13, 11:16
HDB? i don't see any HDB leh that day when i drove past?
All i saw were mostly landed properties n tanjong katong girls school..

Btw, i realised people who buy or rent in dist15 are not bothered about having the mrt..
Good example is the esta n one amber which are easily rented out to expats! :cheers6:

You have also answered your own question, bro fiat500 :)

fiat500
17-02-13, 14:16
You have also answered your own question, bro fiat500 :)
Yes yes yes... didn't realised i already know the answer all this while! :D

Jonathan0503
17-02-13, 16:54
Drove past recently, now they are only doing the main gate n ground level.. 2nd 3rd 4th level main facade still not completed ...
Maybe top in apr-may..

I know. Looking at it every day

Perlin
18-02-13, 16:36
Dear Owner,

I'm Perlin from Floor Xpert Pte Ltd, on behalf of Floor Xpert.

I am glad to share our services to you here.

Floor Xpert is specialise in doing outdoor decking , laminate flooring & baywindows. We have whole range of products for your selection.

Do refer to the attach pictures for more information. Or visit us at www.floorxpert.com (http://www.floorxpert.com/)

We have done project for Mi Casa, Caspian, Liva, Woodleigh , Optima, Trizon, Viva & etcs

Feel Free to Contact me at 9182 7628 for more information.

We look forward to your support. Thank you!

Regards
Perlin :)
Email : [email protected]
FB : http://www.facebook.com/FloorXpert

blackjack21trader
18-02-13, 17:49
Wow Perlin sister, you have a very beaautiful name ! Dun mind share with us your photo like the handsome me on my avatar ?

Good Luck :)

mcmlxxvi
26-02-13, 13:10
This looks more like it...

http://cdn-sg2.pgimgs.com/images/thumb/b/4/2/f/b42f5232422766_1_V550.jpg

http://cdn-sg2.pgimgs.com/images/thumb/1/7/f/e/17feaf32422768_1_V550.jpg

kEN9170
26-02-13, 19:39
This looks more like it...

http://cdn-sg2.pgimgs.com/images/thumb/b/4/2/f/b42f5232422766_1_V550.jpg

http://cdn-sg2.pgimgs.com/images/thumb/1/7/f/e/17feaf32422768_1_V550.jpg

Very nice!

phantom_opera
09-04-13, 15:19
$1,913 PSF IN MAR 2011 FOR A 366-SQFT UNIT

:scared-5: :scared-5: :scared-5: :scared-5:

fiat500
09-07-13, 20:59
$1,913 PSF IN MAR 2011 FOR A 366-SQFT UNIT

:scared-5: :scared-5: :scared-5: :scared-5:
Heard from my agent that this project top liao!

phantom_opera
23-08-13, 19:08
$1,914 PSF IN AUG 2013 FOR A 355-SQFT UNIT

thomastansb
23-08-13, 23:04
Idiot.. They will repent paying close to 2k for a property without MRT.

xtreme_46
26-08-13, 09:33
actually can see this project having some problem with finding tenant and reselling..haig road this area really bad no bus going in..so far away from MRT..also no shelter if walking to main road

Lovelle
26-08-13, 10:38
some people like to buy FH product.

fiat500
26-08-13, 21:34
actually can see this project having some problem with finding tenant and reselling..haig road this area really bad no bus going in..so far away from MRT..also no shelter if walking to main road
This project will attract tenants with a lower budget..
Rentals there are asking around 2.5k for 1bedder shoebox which is quite reasonable for katong area.

If u compare this to those shoebox units deep inside telok kurau would be even worst off i reckon..

fiat500
26-08-13, 21:37
Idiot.. They will repent paying close to 2k for a property without MRT.
Selling point of katong or east coast area is never the MRT in the 1st place...

thomastansb
27-08-13, 00:09
I agree.

But this is neither katong nor east coast. It has neither seaview nor near ECP (eg: Silversea, Cote D'Zure or even Esta). And it has no MRT or shopping center within walking distance. Unless you regard katong shopping center as one. So pretty bad location with no amenties. Of course, you can always choose to walk 30 mins to 112 Katong.

fiat500
27-08-13, 09:07
I agree.

But this is neither katong nor east coast. It has neither seaview nor near ECP (eg: Silversea, Cote D'Zure or even Esta). And it has no MRT or shopping center within walking distance. Unless you regard katong shopping center as one. So pretty bad location with no amenties. Of course, you can always choose to walk 30 mins to 112 Katong.
Wow! I didn't know this project is that bad man! Totally inaccessible to everything from the way u described n located neither here nor there..
What about the layout? Is it just as bad or worse?
Lets hear more from u about the negative aspects...

xtreme_46
27-08-13, 09:26
This project will attract tenants with a lower budget..
Rentals there are asking around 2.5k for 1bedder shoebox which is quite reasonable for katong area.

If u compare this to those shoebox units deep inside telok kurau would be even worst off i reckon..

telok kurau outskirt 1 bedder low 2k can get..size slightly bigger than 355sqft and walking distance to eunos or kembangan mrt

if choose between haig road and telok kurau..i would definitely go for telok kurau..haig road to me is the worst in D15 area

leesg123
27-08-13, 10:20
telok kurau outskirt 1 bedder low 2k can get..size slightly bigger than 355sqft and walking distance to eunos or kembangan mrt

if choose between haig road and telok kurau..i would definitely go for telok kurau..haig road to me is the worst in D15 area
I agree with your observations. Telok kurau on the other side near to Still Road has the highest rental value. A 366 sqft was rented for $2600, mind u there is no facilities in the estate. Reason being it is just under 10mins walk to katong i12, many eateries, many buses going everywhere. But haig 162 is pretty neat. However there are several hdb blks sharing haig road, so the exclusiveness is not there.

economist
27-08-13, 10:28
It is 10 minutes walk to 112 Katong, for an average person.

I agree.

economist
27-08-13, 10:34
Been to both areas many times, and I beg to differ.

To be fair, each has its own pros and cons. Haig Road is far from MRT, but very accessible to many eateries, and if you can walk for 10 minutes, 112 Katong is also accessible.

Some parts of Telok Kurau is within walking distance to MRT, but for those further from MRT, driving in the peak hours is bad.

In terms of exclusiveness, the southern stretch of Haig Road is all private, same as Telok Kurau.

economist
27-08-13, 10:51

That is true.

Jonathan0503
27-08-13, 12:25
I agree.

Er...what you have described is not accurate.

There is a lane besides Haig court that is accessible to Tanjong Katong road.

Just a less than 10 min walk and you can access all the eateries, shops, supermarket along Tanjong katong. Around 10 min walk also brings you to katong shopping centre.

So don't quite agree with you.

clemdale24
27-08-13, 12:54
Er...what you have described is not accurate.

There is a lane besides Haig court that is accessible to Tanjong Katong road.

Just a less than 10 min walk and you can access all the eateries, shops, supermarket along Tanjong katong. Around 10 min walk also brings you to katong shopping centre.

So don't quite agree with you.

Point by point:

1. Accessibility: haig road is defnitely not the most accessible road in D15. I dont live there, but i dont think there are any bus stops along the road. One has to walk to mountbatten road/ dunman road/ tanjong katong road to take a bus.

2. Food/ amenities: I guess you're partially right on this one. its walkable to tanjongkatong road definitely (via the small link road nx to haig court)- where lots of restaurants and coffee shops are. But if you're referring to shopping centres and up market stores, then no. its not within walking distance to parkway, and i dont think most ppl in the right mind will walk to I12 Katong unless they are very very free.

3. Area: not gonna be biased here. i think haig road is just on the sidelines of the best area in D15, that is, meyer/ amber. its just on the very edge of where the sky high property prices are gonna be. its not a bad place to live. but if i had a choice to buy somewhere outside meyer/ amber in D15, this wont be the place. reason being, not much is happening here. its boring. id rather go for St Patrick's road, for example, where there is so much potential for prices to go up. also, not to mention, its near a market/ bus stops/ hawker centre/ potential ERL station etc.

just my opinions.

Simply East
27-08-13, 14:18
Point by point:

1. Accessibility: haig road is defnitely not the most accessible road in D15. I dont live there, but i dont think there are any bus stops along the road. One has to walk to mountbatten road/ dunman road/ tanjong katong road to take a bus.

2. Food/ amenities: I guess you're partially right on this one. its walkable to tanjongkatong road definitely (via the small link road nx to haig court)- where lots of restaurants and coffee shops are. But if you're referring to shopping centres and up market stores, then no. its not within walking distance to parkway, and i dont think most ppl in the right mind will walk to I12 Katong unless they are very very free.

3. Area: not gonna be biased here. i think haig road is just on the sidelines of the best area in D15, that is, meyer/ amber. its just on the very edge of where the sky high property prices are gonna be. its not a bad place to live. but if i had a choice to buy somewhere outside meyer/ amber in D15, this wont be the place. reason being, not much is happening here. its boring. id rather go for St Patrick's road, for example, where there is so much potential for prices to go up. also, not to mention, its near a market/ bus stops/ hawker centre/ potential ERL station etc.

just my opinions.

Until the new mall is completed at the corner of tanjong katong road and changi road..... then it will be more accessible to airconditioned malls. those old shops at tanjong katong complex cannot make it....

economist
27-08-13, 14:32
Until the new mall is completed at the corner of tanjong katong road and changi road..... then it will be more accessible to airconditioned malls. those old shops at tanjong katong complex cannot make it....

That is One KM mall? from the map, it seems that Haig Road can directly access it, this will benefit Haig road residents.

http://katongregencyz.com/location-map/

fiat500
27-08-13, 14:41
That is One KM mall? from the map, it seems that Haig Road can directly access it, this will benefit Haig road residents.

http://katongregencyz.com/location-map/
So much been said especially on the negative aspects of it! But on the contrary, the condo beside haig162 'haig court' is still very popular...
People like this area for different reasons, maybe due to having many good schools around, or its surrounded by landed properties, less hustle n bustle around that area etc....

blackjack21trader
27-08-13, 15:05
So much been said especially on the negative aspects of it! But on the contrary, the condo beside haig162 'haig court' is still very popular...
People like this area for different reasons, maybe due to having many good schools around, or its surrounded by landed properties, less hustle n bustle around that area etc....

Haig Court owners there very lame one la. Everywhere in D15 shooting beyond S$1800psf but they dun dare to ask higher. Just like last time when I was in D9, the Rivergate lame owners. Now then they start asking, too late liao the boat already left with me to D15 liao.

blackjack21trader
27-08-13, 15:06
Haig 162 will only be attractive when the owners around this area are replaced with solid owners like me.

Good Luck.

fiat500
27-08-13, 15:16
Haig Court owners there very lame one la. Everywhere in D15 shooting beyond S$1800psf but they dun dare to ask higher. Just like last time when I was in D9, the Rivergate lame owners. Now then they start asking, too late liao the boat already left with me to D15 liao.
Haig court is quite old already mah! How to ask for high price?
But its price is still stable,hovering around 1200 psf...

blackjack21trader
27-08-13, 16:31

See that empty field beside Haig Court? That will cost more than 1200psf. Haig Court owners are GUNIANGS just like Rivergate ownets !:simmering: When I sell my 3 properties opposite Haig Court, the owners there WILL BANG THEIR BALLS.

economist
27-08-13, 16:40

Haig Court TOP is actually 2003/2004; not old. It's just that the design and the color makes it look old, but some people may just like it, different people different tastes.