PDA

View Full Version : Any reccomendation? - 600k budget property that can have immediate rental yield

ay123
21-06-10, 17:17
My friend is looking for a $600k property that can have immediate rental income. Any reccomendation??

propertyguru88
21-06-10, 17:29
Hi

You can ask your friend to call Peter, an investor cum agent to help you on this. His number 98163678.

Thanks.

John.

firesaleguru
21-06-10, 17:34
Hi

Does your friend prefer freehold or don't mind 99 yrs?

Call me Peter for a no obligation discussion.

Thanks

Peter

devilplate
21-06-10, 19:20
My friend is looking for a $600k property that can have immediate rental income. Any reccomendation??

very tough..only MM units

i aso got a fren with 600k budget max...i tell him to keep the $ in FD:D

ay123
21-06-10, 19:48
very tough..only MM units

i aso got a fren with 600k budget max...i tell him to keep the $ in FD:D

wah liu discouraging leh..... is always good to start small than nothing mah.....FD interest like peanut shell:D

sfwoo
21-06-10, 20:16

Hilvview area, 2 roomers, a lot less than $600K.

devilplate
21-06-10, 20:19
wah liu discouraging leh..... is always good to start small than nothing mah.....FD interest like peanut shell:D

bcoz if u get those Mm units in telok kurau, little india, kovan etc at ard 1-1.2k psf...how much can u make in future as the size is so small..a small jump in quantum can shock the buyers in psf oredi:D

i rather use tat $ to fry stocks...:D

devilplate
21-06-10, 20:22

really ar?

can u share a few such listings? tat will be very helpful

mcmlxxvi
21-06-10, 20:53
Search in propertyguru for Spring @ Langsat, ONE @ PULASAN, PARC IMPERIAL, PRESTIGE LOFT, BLU CORAL, D'CASITA all recently top

sfwoo
21-06-10, 21:20
really ar?

can u share a few such listings? tat will be very helpful

Aim for Regent Height, Parkview, Hilltop Grove 2 roomers.
Further away from Hillview, Northvale(CCK), Mayspring(Bkt Panjang) 2 roomers also can.

3C
21-06-10, 21:38
You can try Melville Park at Simei (near to Tanumy DBR).
Can get a 2 br with reasonable size.

A lot of Indian engineers renting there. Can even buy with tenancy if u are lucky.

Your friend may be right, above $600k at this market i dont think
can get good rental yield. Worst still if interest go up. If your friend
is buying with full cash like PRC then no worry. But this is a 99yrs leasehold.

:spliff:

Wild Falcon
21-06-10, 21:45
Pls share leh. I thought 2 bedders at all those Hillington Green or Glendale Park or whatever closer to $900k. I think <$600k budget can only get Telok Kurau or Geylang boutique apartments - Hillview should be tough.

Wild Falcon
21-06-10, 21:57
I see - more like the 99LH ones in Bukit Batok and CCK... but even then I think it would be quite a challenge to get less than $600k in these areas (D23).

From propertyguru.com and filtering less than $600k, the projects that appear are:-

1) Spring @ Langsat (D15)
2) Prestige Hts (D12)
3) New launch at Telok Kurau (D15)
4) The Cotz at Telok Kurau (D15)
5) Ebony (D14)
6) One at Pulasan (D15)
7) Parc Elegance (D15)
8) Estella Gardens (D17)
9) Suites at Changi (D15)
10) The Lenox (D15)
11) The Minton (D19)

Still got lots - many looks like small units and concentrating in D14 and D15. Most of the above are less than $500k. Happy searching.

Aim for Regent Height, Parkview, Hilltop Grove 2 roomers.
Further away from Hillview, Northvale(CCK), Mayspring(Bkt Panjang) 2 roomers also can.

fiat500
21-06-10, 22:41
there is this small fh boutique project 'bliss residences' which T.O.P last year. its located right across kembangan MRT station n its only a 2mins walk away from the station. units there are easily rented out.
saw couple of studio units around 600k+ put up for sale recently.
check it out bro! :spliff:

Wild Falcon
21-06-10, 23:24
Wah lau. Look at this picture of One @ Pulasan. Looks worse than a workers dormitory and yet asking for >$1000psf merely because the units are MM :scared-4:. A typical D15 "boutique" MM development that looks worse than workers dormitory.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/project/one-pulasan-522

azeoprop
21-06-10, 23:53
Actually woodlands also got good rental market with many factories around that area. Rosewood? :beats-me-man:

jlrx
22-06-10, 01:12
Wah lau. Look at this picture of One @ Pulasan. Looks worse than a workers dormitory and yet asking for >$1000psf merely because the units are MM :scared-4:. A typical D15 "boutique" MM development that looks worse than workers dormitory.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/project/one-pulasan-522

http://www.markdroberts.com/images/mickey-mouse-head-2.jpg

levittdub
22-06-10, 02:28
You can try Melville Park at Simei (near to Tanumy DBR).
Can get a 2 br with reasonable size.

A lot of Indian engineers renting there. Can even buy with tenancy if u are lucky.

Your friend may be right, above $600k at this market i dont think
can get good rental yield. Worst still if interest go up. If your friend
is buying with full cash like PRC then no worry. But this is a 99yrs leasehold.

:spliff:

I second Melville Park. There is a vibrant Indian community (can be a pro or con) and i am sure they will attract many Indian nationalities.

There are a number of 2rm unit listed at around 600k. Should not be a problem bargaining for 570k.

Latio
22-06-10, 09:38
Do consider offices at First Center or Northpoint vicinity.
60 year lease, brand new and with rental demand from AMK, Serangoon, Hougang & Punggol.

sfwoo
22-06-10, 09:40
I see - more like the 99LH ones in Bukit Batok and CCK... but even then I think it would be quite a challenge to get less than $600k in these areas (D23).

From propertyguru.com and filtering less than $600k, the projects that appear are:...

You believe the asking prices in propertyguru.com?

Have you compared the asking prices with the URA data when caveats are lodged?

Eg. One seller was asking $900K on propertyguru.com, last transacted was $770K on URA website.

So, if a 2 roomer, 99LH, ask for more than $600K, you try to bargain below that, and just may get it. $500plus psf still can find, in D23...and if you don't mind YISHUN, and other ULU places...also have.

sfwoo
22-06-10, 09:42
Pls share leh. I thought 2 bedders at all those Hillington Green or Glendale Park or whatever closer to $900k. I think <$600k budget can only get Telok Kurau or Geylang boutique apartments - Hillview should be tough.

Hillington Green is 999LH. Glendale Park is FH.

Aim for 99LH if budget less than $600K.

devilplate
22-06-10, 10:39

Eg. One seller was asking $900K on propertyguru.com, last transacted was $770K on URA website.

So, if a 2 roomer, 99LH, ask for more than $600K, you try to bargain below that, and just may get it. $500plus psf still can find, in D23...and if you don't mind YISHUN, and other ULU places...also have.

u tok like so easy. very hard to find gd deals de. those tat nid to advertise on the net or even newspaper r usually priced high. cannot sell den nid to advertise wat.even if they advertise, usually gone early in the morning...i experience b4...and i also duno whether fishing for buyers or genuinely got such deals at all.

if priced at gd rate, agts dun even nid to advertise...real hot firesales last yr all not advertised!

sfwoo
22-06-10, 10:58
u tok like so easy. very hard to find gd deals de!
I agree not easy to find.
Agents and their asscoiates grab all the fire sales.
But in ULU places, about $500plus psf is still the going rate for 99LH, going by caveats lodged at URA.

mcmlxxvi
22-06-10, 13:29

From propertyguru.com and filtering less than $600k, the projects that appear are:-

1) Spring @ Langsat (D15)
2) Prestige Hts (D12)
3) New launch at Telok Kurau (D15)
4) The Cotz at Telok Kurau (D15)
5) Ebony (D14)
6) One at Pulasan (D15)
7) Parc Elegance (D15)
8) Estella Gardens (D17)
9) Suites at Changi (D15)
10) The Lenox (D15)
11) The Minton (D19)

Still got lots - many looks like small units and concentrating in D14 and D15. Most of the above are less than $500k. Happy searching.

He need immediate rental yield - many of those you stated not TOP yet.

novel
22-06-10, 13:53
yes like what mcmlxxvi pointed out, he need rental yield. And even if he managed to find ulu unit that is at his budget 600K, can rent out or not??!

proud owner
22-06-10, 14:00
yes like what mcmlxxvi pointed out, he need rental yield. And even if he managed to find ulu unit that is at his budget 600K, can rent out or not??!

can

at what price only lor

someone in the Estuary forum die die said that area got demand

so lets see lor

then again ... rental is not really fantastic also ..

i know 3 bedroom ...brand new at orchard area ... 4.5k can get

gfoo
22-06-10, 14:11
can

at what price only lor

someone in the Estuary forum die die said that area got demand

so lets see lor

then again ... rental is not really fantastic also ..

i know 3 bedroom ...brand new at orchard area ... 4.5k can get
A $600k mm unit, at 80% loan over 30 years, has a repayment of about $1800p.m. Assume $200 conservancy, that's $2000p.m. Add property tax, ancillaries, and cost of funds for that initial 20% downpayment, we're looking at breakeven of about $2200p.m.

Can an Yishun mm get $2k-2.2k rental? i dunno.:beats-me-man:

proud owner
22-06-10, 14:17
A $600k mm unit, at 80% loan over 30 years, has a repayment of about $1800p.m. Assume $200 conservancy, that's $2000p.m. Add property tax, ancillaries, and cost of funds for that initial 20% downpayment, we're looking at breakeven of about $2200p.m.

thats the correct way to calculate real cost

alot of landlords think their mortgage 3.5k a mth then then rent 3.8k already covers everything ...

having said that .. i am not surprised if 25 pct of landlords of new condos from 2008-2010 period have rented out at a loss ..
maybe another 25 pct at cost

proud owner
22-06-10, 14:18

welcome back gfoo

you've been away

tanumy
22-06-10, 14:19
buy double bay residence for future upside rental & investment potential. Great demand. :)

novel
22-06-10, 14:21

yes yes gfoo, thats the real cost calculation Thank yoU! :) so really wonder can a ULU 600K MM unit get minimum 2.2K rental pm?

proud owner
22-06-10, 14:27
yes yes gfoo, thats the real cost calculation Thank yoU! :) so really wonder can a ULU 600K MM unit get minimum 2.2K rental pm?

i said already lor ...

if 1173 sqft, costing 2.6 mio .. at PRIME Orchard area ( confirm wont flood , super high ground ..just TOP this yr) rental only 4.5k

Jalan Ulu XYZ costing 600k .. 2.2k? .. you say leh ..?

ay123
22-06-10, 14:28

assume at 600psf, 600k can get a decent 1000sf size(old condo). if can fetch rental of say $2psf. isnt tat a 4% yield? rental at centris already at about $3.50psf.:beats-me-man:

ay123
22-06-10, 14:37
buy double bay residence for future upside rental & investment potential. Great demand. :)

yes quickly go n buy double bay!!!! u will be rewarded more than double!!! 1) great demand=can fetch $3000psf 2)upside rental=$10000/mth. please support tanumy in order to get rid of him..........

proud owner
22-06-10, 14:48
yes quickly go n buy double bay!!!! u will be rewarded more than double!!! 1) great demand=can fetch $3000psf 2)upside rental=$10000/mth. please support tanumy in order to get rid of him..........

i am really curious who tamumy really is ...

in some ways .. he/shes annoying

but another way ..he/she is the most consistent of all .. for the past 1 yr (or more?) he hasnt changed his view ..

maybe he is Jlrx = god of propertism ...

be careful dont preach too bad ..

even city Hxxxxx also kana investigated .. so rich ... can afford 28k USD rental in LA ...

Regulators
22-06-10, 14:49
why bother entertaining that parapoondek?

ay123
22-06-10, 14:53

but another way ..he/she is the most consistent of all .. for the past 1 yr (or more?) he hasnt changed his view ..

maybe he is Jlrx = god of propertism ...

be careful dont preach too bad ..

even city Hxxxxx also kana investigated .. so rich ... can afford 28k USD rental in LA ...

is USD28k? tats SGD40k/mth!!!!!:scared-1: i tot is SGD28k. wow they really tot they are brad pitt n jolie:doh: . Their house has no mirror meh???

Wild Falcon
22-06-10, 14:53
Don't worry, I know URA caveats :) Just think it's a challenge finding <$600k 2 bedders in Hillview freehold condos - and the area condos have large units. A challenge doesn't mean they don't exist - just more difficult to find than MM areas like D15 where <$600k apartments are in abundance. But if you're referring to upstream Choa Chu Kang, Bukit Panjang or Yishun or Woodlands, then maybe easier to find.

proud owner
22-06-10, 15:00
is USD28k? tats SGD40k/mth!!!!!:scared-1: i tot is SGD28k. wow they really tot they are brad pitt n jolie:doh: . Their house has no mirror meh???

sorry .. i too used to using USD ...shud be 28k SGD .. but still thats 20k USD a mth ...

my 8th ave 2 yr old apt in NY, with central bank view and walking distance to Rockefeller and Radiocity also never cost so much ..

people celebrity different lah .. somemore their fellow chruch goers think it is ok leh ..

as to your questions :; they Brad and Angelina ?

maybe he is Brad's arm pitt and ...angelina's face also quite long leh ..

ay123
22-06-10, 15:03
maybe he is Brad's arm pitt and ...angelina's face also quite long leh ..[/quote]

haha.....or "Brag Pig"

bargain hunter
22-06-10, 15:18
think its 28k sgd, but even then......

google "sun ho video" to see 2 MTVs by her. i most certainly do not know how to appreciate but maybe she can find a certain segment of fans in the US and made big bucks selling this sort of music?

devilplate
22-06-10, 15:23
thats the correct way to calculate real cost

alot of landlords think their mortgage 3.5k a mth then then rent 3.8k already covers everything ...

having said that .. i am not surprised if 25 pct of landlords of new condos from 2008-2010 period have rented out at a loss ..
maybe another 25 pct at cost

the correct way to determine rental nett loss/gain is to take rental minus all other overheads and den calculate the yield based on ur purchase price and if ur nett rental yield still more den the mortgage rates, u r making a gain as u borrow cheaper and achieve higher returns.

bargain hunter
22-06-10, 15:27
sorry, this time i really can't stop myself, this is the last thing i will say about them...HE IS KONG HEE AND SHE IS FATT CHOY. :ashamed1:

maybe he is Brad's arm pitt and ...angelina's face also quite long leh

haha.....or "Brag Pig"

proud owner
22-06-10, 15:32
sorry, this time i really can't stop myself, this is the last thing i will say about them...HE IS KONG HEE AND SHE IS FATT CHOY. :ashamed1:

how about

Bonnie and Clyde ?

bargain hunter
22-06-10, 15:32
back to main topic. :) using your way of calculation, i have a question:

is it possible that even if monthly rental covers the installment totally, the nett rental gain % can still be very low?

the correct way to determine rental nett loss/gain is to take rental minus all other overheads and den calculate the yield based on ur purchase price and if ur nett rental yield still more den the mortgage rates, u r making a gain as u borrow cheaper and achieve higher returns.

bargain hunter
22-06-10, 15:35
ok, this is property related:

"Back in Singapore, the couple also made some big property moves through the years.
They started off in a five-room HDB flat in Tampines which was purchased at S$127,000 before selling it for S$420,000. They then moved to a unit at Horizon Towers costing S$1 million in River Valley before selling it off to buy a new apartment at The Suites at Central on Devonshire Road, said to be worth about S$2.6 million."

FATT CHOY seems more apt here. :D

and cannot use bonnie and clyde until there is a conviction.......

how about

Bonnie and Clyde ?

proud owner
22-06-10, 15:40

"Back in Singapore, the couple also made some big property moves through the years.
They started off in a five-room HDB flat in Tampines which was purchased at S$127,000 before selling it for S$420,000. They then moved to a unit at Horizon Towers costing S$1 million in River Valley before selling it off to buy a new apartment at The Suites at Central on Devonshire Road, said to be worth about S$2.6 million."

dunno whether they got take loan or not ?

or take from 'internal donation box' ...???

when they sold the HDB at 420k , thats a profit of say 285k ...and use that to buy a 1 mio condo at horizon tower ... thats 80 pct loan ...those day ..mortgage rate very high leh ...

i am sure they PRAY VERY HARD

devilplate
22-06-10, 16:02
back to main topic. :) using your way of calculation, i have a question:

is it possible that even if monthly rental covers the installment totally, the nett rental gain % can still be very low?

dun understand

anyway, as long u borrow lower and achieve higher...ur actual ROI is higher den ur nett rental yield:D

devilplate
22-06-10, 16:03

and cannot use bonnie and clyde until there is a conviction.......

tats how ppl progress:D

but not necessarily must stay in high end condo?:D

august
22-06-10, 16:06
why bother entertaining that parapoondek?

or u prefer the parapuneh of west coast? :p

proud owner
22-06-10, 16:17

mai lah ... dont start leh

otherwise i have to read at least 3 pages of written quarrel

Blue
22-06-10, 16:21
Don't worry, I know URA caveats :) Just think it's a challenge finding <$600k 2 bedders in Hillview freehold condos - and the area condos have large units. A challenge doesn't mean they don't exist - just more difficult to find than MM areas like D15 where <$600k apartments are in abundance. But if you're referring to upstream Choa Chu Kang, Bukit Panjang or Yishun or Woodlands, then maybe easier to find.

Joker using 2 bedders in Hillview to compare with studios in D15. Even a studio in D15 rents out faster than a 2 bedder in Hillview. :D

novel
22-06-10, 16:27

of course consistent, he still need to get rid of the units he is holding ar...until then. We will still see him AROUND. ARRgggh so irritating!

gfoo
22-06-10, 16:31
assume at 600psf, 600k can get a decent 1000sf size(old condo). if can fetch rental of say $2psf. isnt tat a 4% yield? rental at centris already at about $3.50psf.:beats-me-man:

Dunno about that but the gurus around me all teach me to use nett yield - ie:

Rental income minus annualized tax minus conservancy minus ancillaries/deprec (if furnished). Nett yield is just over 3%.

If we take the nett yield approach at valuing property, then an old condo at Yishun at $2/psf rental is worth $470,000.

novel
22-06-10, 16:35

haha yah everywhere is talking about KONG HEE FATT CHOY now :P

novel
22-06-10, 16:40
dunno whether they got take loan or not ?

or take from 'internal donation box' ...???

when they sold the HDB at 420k , thats a profit of say 285k ...and use that to buy a 1 mio condo at horizon tower ... thats 80 pct loan ...those day ..mortgage rate very high leh ...

i am sure they PRAY VERY HARD

I think affordable for them to get the 1 mio condo, when they sold hdb at 420K assuming they can pay partial with cpf, so just borrow less than 50% loan assuming again they got spare cash...

And if they managed to sell their 1mio condo at a profit assuming 1.5mio, then getting the 2.6mio condo at devonshire is also possible since it is also about 60% loan? No?

novel
22-06-10, 16:41
mai lah ... dont start leh

otherwise i have to read at least 3 pages of written quarrel

ya pls dun start war lah... peaceful peaceful :p

devilplate
22-06-10, 17:28
I think affordable for them to get the 1 mio condo, when they sold hdb at 420K assuming they can pay partial with cpf, so just borrow less than 50% loan assuming again they got spare cash...

And if they managed to sell their 1mio condo at a profit assuming 1.5mio, then getting the 2.6mio condo at devonshire is also possible since it is also about 60% loan? No?

too many assumptions...

mabe they strike TOTO?:D

ay123
22-06-10, 17:46
too many assumptions...

maybe take "internal" loan and forget to record???????????? then go n buy horse.....prada bag.......:D

Regulators
22-06-10, 22:33
that parapuneh of west coast will have to get used to bringing his kids to haw par villa for weekends and tell them which gate of hell he will be visiting next time. :D

limfc
23-06-10, 00:27
My friend is looking for a $600k property that can have immediate rental income. Any recommendation?? hi ay123,

if budget is about $600k, I'm not sure if can get. However, an agent just told me, he sold a 1+1 unit for 700k in D15, with 2.5k/mth rental.

I calculated, if 80% loan stretched to 35 years, the monthly repayment is abt 1.8k. Not sure abt the conservancy and other stuff like insurance, tax and so on... but I think with $700 extra (2.5k - 1.8k) after deducting the monthly loan, i think should still be able to have positive cashflow?

But hor, the agent said he closed the deal within 2 days wor, the property no chance to be advertised in newspapers... haiz....

maybe your fren need to know a lot of agents to get such lobangs! :)

fc

proud owner
23-06-10, 08:43
that parapuneh of west coast will have to get used to bringing his kids to haw par villa for weekends and tell them which gate of hell he will be visiting next time. :D

aiya dont like tat lah ...

chinese saying .. De Rao Ren Chu, Qie Rao Ren ...
Where one can forgive another, let's do it

Haw par villa is a great place to educate the young, to not do bad things in life

and the chinese restaurant in there, one of my favorite .. the food is damn good ... also expensive

proud owner
23-06-10, 08:44
too many assumptions...

cannot be ...

cos it is there internal law ..to give a certain pct of their income to the church .. so even if they strike TOTO ..they should also give part to the church ..

UNLESS THEY STRUCK TOTO and NEVER REPORT ??????????

ay123
23-06-10, 09:43
cannot be ...

cos it is there internal law ..to give a certain pct of their income to the church .. so even if they strike TOTO ..they should also give part to the church ..

UNLESS THEY STRUCK TOTO and NEVER REPORT ??????????

tot kong hee is full time pastor? got income meh? if he draw salary from church also need to donate? is left & right pocket wat

novel
23-06-10, 09:46
tot kong hee is full time pastor? got income meh? if he draw salary from church also need to donate? is left & right pocket wat

yes FUll time pastor, not drawing salary from church for quite some years. Yes got income...when he was invited to preach overseas...

Wild Falcon
23-06-10, 09:59
In today's market, cannot expect tenant to pay ALL your principle repayment lah esp when you leverage until 80%. Rental yields should compare again interest portion of your instalment only. Take paying principal as a form of forced savings. So if $1800 instalment is $800 interest and $1000 principal, if your rental can cover $800 and anything above that is your "yield". That is assuming the principal value of your property doesn't fall. The easiest is to look at YIELDS. So if your rental is 3% yield and your interest rate is 2%, you're getting net yield of 1% which is not great - like FD lor. That is when you hope what you're paying into the "principal" can make capital gains.

bargain hunter
23-06-10, 10:06
(SINGAPORE) It was business as usual at the Ed Hardy outlet at The Heeren, where funky T-shirts and jeans with loud and colourful prints are being sold at between $180 and $500. A sign near the entrance indicated that a sale was going on with up to 50 per cent discount. A jacket with the phrase ‘You Only Live Once’ – with artwork of a bikini-clad girl surrounded by roses – hung on a rack near the cashier.

There was also a T-shirt with a bulldog wearing a crown, above the words ‘King of Beasts’. On display tables, there were canvas shoes with tattoo-like skeleton drawings.
There were a few curious walk-ins, obviously drawn by the cult fashion designs. But there was no sign of City Harvest Church founder Kong Hee who, with his pop singer wife Ho Yeow Sun, owns the Ed Hardy store.

Known for its rock concert-style services, City Harvest Church was founded in 1989 by the Rev Kong, who is not on the church’s payroll. Instead, he is said to support himself through his businesses and speaking engagements.
Other than the Ed Hardy outlet, he owns two boutiques under Skin Couture. He is also the co-owner with his wife of International Harvest, a provider of corporate training and motivational courses.

proud owner
23-06-10, 10:13
(SINGAPORE) It was business as usual at the Ed Hardy outlet at The Heeren, where funky T-shirts and jeans with loud and colourful prints are being sold at between $180 and $500. A sign near the entrance indicated that a sale was going on with up to 50 per cent discount. A jacket with the phrase ‘You Only Live Once’ – with artwork of a bikini-clad girl surrounded by roses – hung on a rack near the cashier.

There was also a T-shirt with a bulldog wearing a crown, above the words ‘King of Beasts’. On display tables, there were canvas shoes with tattoo-like skeleton drawings.
There were a few curious walk-ins, obviously drawn by the cult fashion designs. But there was no sign of City Harvest Church founder Kong Hee who, with his pop singer wife Ho Yeow Sun, owns the Ed Hardy store.

Known for its rock concert-style services, City Harvest Church was founded in 1989 by the Rev Kong, who is not on the church’s payroll. Instead, he is said to support himself through his businesses and speaking engagements.
Other than the Ed Hardy outlet, he owns two boutiques under Skin Couture. He is also the co-owner with his wife of International Harvest, a provider of corporate training and motivational courses.

wow ?
pastor can own business ? somemore sell Tshirts thats so UNCHURCH like ??

what if his church people start to attend his talk show wearing LOUD T shirts ?

maybe he should sell T Shirt with this print :

" Lying in bed with your legs in the air and shouting God I am Coming , is different from going to Church "

this is an exact advert i saw in USA .. outside a church

august
23-06-10, 10:13

He is only off the payroll a few yrs ago, wat about before... So really, ahem ahem, u know i know lah ~~ :D

bargain hunter
23-06-10, 10:19
a lot of before and after lah...before maybe on payroll? after got funds to set up biz, before = hdb in tampines, after = suites @ central. u know i know lah...:D

He is only off the payroll a few yrs ago, wat about before... So really, ahem ahem, u know i know lah ~~ :D

bargain hunter
23-06-10, 10:25
businessES...3! u should check out Sun Ho's videos, lagi unchurch.

think that was his intention rite? his church like rock concert mah, not the typical churchy type, that's why have legions of "fans" (and church income).

"Amid cheers from the congregation, City Harvest Church (CHC) yesterday announced that it will pay $310 million to become a co-owner of Suntec Singapore, a prime piece of downtown real estate." 7 Mar 2010 Sunday Times

wow ?
pastor can own business ? somemore sell Tshirts thats so UNCHURCH like ??

what if his church people start to attend his talk show wearing LOUD T shirts ?

maybe he should sell T Shirt with this print :

" Lying in bed with your legs in the air and shouting God I am Coming , is different from going to Church "

this is an exact advert i saw in USA .. outside a church

devilplate
23-06-10, 10:30
So if your rental is 3% yield and your interest rate is 2%, you're getting net yield of 1% which is not great - like FD lor. That is when you hope what you're paying into the "principal" can make capital gains.

not accurate leh

ur rental yield 3%...meaning to say 20% downpayment enjoying 3% returns(assuming u took 80% loan) and the rest 80% which u borrowed from bank actually earns 1%!!!!!

FD u put in ur 'downpayment' and earns 1% only!!!

and tats the reason y i dun understand many will choose to pay up their mortgage loans whenever they have spare cash?...all wrong conceptions and calculations?:D

even if interest rate shoots up, pls go explore packages like uob home plus if u got spare cash...dun blindly follow ppl to pay up ur loan:D

sfwoo
23-06-10, 10:38
not accurate leh

ur rental yield 3%...meaning to say 20% downpayment enjoying 3% returns(assuming u took 80% loan) and the rest 80% which u borrowed from bank actually earns 1%!!!!!

Rental income helps you to pay for your monthly mortgage payments, whether wholely or partially, but the exciting bit is the capital appreciation, which can come in multiples of 10%.

30% gain over one year? Can?

devilplate
23-06-10, 10:41
Rental income helps you to pay for your monthly mortgage payments, whether wholely or partially, but the exciting bit is the capital appreciation, which can come in multiples of 10%.

30% gain over one year? Can?

i bot some at march-april last yr and till date 60% gain...and assuming i took 20% loan==300% gross gain!:D too bad..i took lesser loan:(

limfc
23-06-10, 10:45
not accurate leh

my teacher use another method leh... return on capital deployed....
say the example i quoted above... we just look at gross return first...

gross rental = 2.5k X 12mths = 30k
capital invested = 20% of 700k = 140k
so gross returns is 30k/140k = 21.4%! :D

even if calculate nett return, its still not bad...
nett rental = 2.5k - maintenance (300) - tax (250) - interest (900) = ~1k
nett rental = 1k * 12 = 12k
so nett returns is 12k/140k = 8.57%! :D

already 800% more than FD, not bad right? heeee... :spliff2:
and of course, not looking at capital gains yet... :spliff:

fc

proud owner
23-06-10, 10:48

fc

wow like tht also can ?

then what about the 80 pct loan ?

devilplate
23-06-10, 10:50

fc

err..sala! after analysing it...crap la!

1mil ppty assuming 80% loan at interest 2% and gross rental yield 5%

downpayment=200k
5% yield=50k rental income per annum

80% loan at 2% so total interest for one yr=16k

therefore, gross ROI= (50k-16k)/200kX100%=17%

sfwoo
23-06-10, 10:50
i bot some at march-april last yr and till date 60% gain...and assuming i took 20% loan==300% gross gain!:D too bad..i took lesser loan:(

Wah! U champion!

I got one 44% gain in one year, but not taking profit, cos I living in it...
Selling something soon to take profit...

devilplate
23-06-10, 10:53
Wah! U champion!

I got one 44% gain in one year, but not taking profit, cos I living in it...
Selling something soon to take profit...

by the way, not easy to find firesale resale during recession....i sms hundreds agts and even offer to pay them comm!

proud owner
23-06-10, 11:10
by the way, not easy to find firesale resale during recession....i sms hundreds agts and even offer to pay them comm!

better to just use one or 2 agents that u are comfy with i guess ..

recently my friend told me there are a fire sale in some west side old condo .. 1800 isg sqft FH and sold for only like 550 psf ..

becos need to make decision asap type ..so it was not even advertised and transacted within the day

devilplate
23-06-10, 11:11

fc

i take back the word crap ok...coz ur nett return seems alright:cheers1:

but to very specific, goto include stamp fees and assuming legal fees is absorbed..oh ya, depreciation of furnitures as well if any:D

devilplate
23-06-10, 11:13
better to just use one or 2 agents that u are comfy with i guess ..

recently my friend told me there are a fire sale in some west side old condo .. 1800 isg sqft FH and sold for only like 550 psf ..

becos need to make decision asap type ..so it was not even advertised and transacted within the day

find the 'elite' agts from each 'team' and different districts specialisation better.

just rely on 1-2agts..bo firesale sms from them!

sfwoo
23-06-10, 11:21
Yeah.

An agent, who is also a friend, told me, all the fire sales, all taken up by her boss, her friends and associates, never reach the internet or mainstream media adverts.

She just started not long, no bullets to take on firesale even if see it.

ay123
23-06-10, 13:51
find the 'elite' agts from each 'team' and different districts specialisation better.

just rely on 1-2agts..bo firesale sms from them!

U said u are jobless right........go become agent n net all firesale lah!!!!:D

jlrx
23-06-10, 14:14
In today's market, cannot expect tenant to pay ALL your principle repayment lah esp when you leverage until 80%. Rental yields should compare again interest portion of your instalment only. Take paying principal as a form of forced savings. So if $1800 instalment is $800 interest and $1000 principal, if your rental can cover $800 and anything above that is your "yield". That is assuming the principal value of your property doesn't fall. The easiest is to look at YIELDS. So if your rental is 3% yield and your interest rate is 2%, you're getting net yield of 1% which is not great - like FD lor. That is when you hope what you're paying into the "principal" can make capital gains.

That's the post which makes most sense, especially the underlined part.

The only exceptions are leasehold properties where you are pretty sure the lease will never be renewed or top up. In that case you need the rent to exceed the entire monthly instalment (principal + interest) in order for the investment to make sense.

maisonjai
23-06-10, 14:32

fc

wah, 1st time to see such formula leh. Ur teacher got hide something from u anot? His 80% loan is interest free? ;) share share such lobang leh

limfc
23-06-10, 15:26
wah, 1st time to see such formula leh. Ur teacher got hide something from u anot? His 80% loan is interest free? ;) share share such lobang leh

eh, the interest already taken into consideration in the nett yield calculation formular, right? :confused:

out of the 1.8k monthly installment, i'm assuming abt 50% is to pay interest leh, abt $900 to pay interest lor... like that count can or not? :)

not-so-fine print disclaimers:
- e calculations are based on the very low rates now, abt 1.99%, 35yrs loan, 80% of 700k, thus, mthly installment abt 1.8k, out of which abt 50% shld be for interest lar... just a very simplified calculations...

and of coz there is a whole lots of other txn cost not considered :
- as per devilplate pointed out... stamp fees, legal fees, valuation fees & depreciation...
- also i missed out the 2% agent fees (when selling e prop when price is superbly good - jlrx dun bash me hor, i'm still a follower of yr religion) and
- interest back to CPF (if using CPF) after selling and
- opportunity cost... and
- the other expenses like fire insurance, mortgage insurance, potential vacant period, additional personal income tax due to rental income and
- all the time spent to find a suitable prop => priceless :D

fc

maisonjai
23-06-10, 17:40
eh, the interest already taken into consideration in the nett yield calculation formular, right? :confused:

out of the 1.8k monthly installment, i'm assuming abt 50% is to pay interest leh, abt $900 to pay interest lor... like that count can or not? :)
fc

after some pondering, i realised something. thanks bro, learn a new stuff. :)

Komo
23-06-10, 21:27
Perhaps invest in reits better:

REITs Average = 7.186% (Excl. Saizen)

dnomyarw
23-06-10, 21:49

REITS are different from 'real' estate, they may give you yield but they can suffer much bigger losses when stock market tank...

Komo
23-06-10, 22:36
REITS are different from 'real' estate, they may give you yield but they can suffer much bigger losses when stock market tank...

Actually I'm not too sure. Just sharing my experience. For the past few years my reits gave over 100% returns. Property only about 20%. Considering only capital gain. Without looking at dividends or rental. Even that, dividends is already such higher than rental yield. Which private property in Singapore can give 100% or more capital returns? I beleive there are, but probably not many, and not easy to get hold of such property too, perhaps also need a lot of luck. (exclude HDB, where 4 to 5 times is possible, and of course in HK or elsewhere up to 10 times is even possible, not too sure about Singapore though)

jlrx
23-06-10, 22:55

REITS are big pyramid schemes.

Wait till their properties come to end of lease see what happens.

However, I must say that before the pyramid collapses, the returns are good, as in all pyramids.

dnomyarw
23-06-10, 23:06
Actually I'm not too sure. Just sharing my experience. For the past few years my reits gave over 100% returns. Property only about 20%.

Reits move with the stock market...it all depends on when you buy and sell...during the stock market crash in 2008, reits also crash...:)

Komo
23-06-10, 23:18
Reits move with the stock market...it all depends on when you buy and sell...during the stock market crash in 2008, reits also crash...:)
... but dividends didn't...:)

limfc
23-06-10, 23:22
Actually I'm not too sure. Just sharing my experience. For the past few years my reits gave over 100% returns. Property only about 20%. Considering only capital gain. Without looking at dividends or rental. Even that, dividends is already such higher than rental yield. Which private property in Singapore can give 100% or more capital returns? I beleive there are, but probably not many, and not easy to get hold of such property too, perhaps also need a lot of luck. (exclude HDB, where 4 to 5 times is possible, and of course in HK or elsewhere up to 10 times is even possible, not too sure about Singapore though) eh komo,

from an angle, i agree with your points above on dividend yield and capital gains...

from another angle, there are few things which bothers me when comparing prop vs reits, which may not be so straightforward... :confused:
volatility - what's the potential up & down? good for my heart or not? :D
control - end of the day, do I want to control when to buy/hold/sell?
liquidity - this is tricky, coz if liquid means get cash & stay invested, in some cases, property can be used as collateral to get additional loan (with some interest of coz), same as reits. but if liquid means selling all out, then reits win hands down. ;)
leverage - firstly, do I wan to leverage? remember it is a double-edged sword, win and loss are both magnified. :scared-1: secondly, it may not be totally impossible to leverage on reits, not sure if there's option on reits... but hor, options is beyond my comprehension lar...In conclusion, investors prob need to know their own profile and decide for themselves, what is best for themselves... one of my frens told me before, the only person interested in my financial well being is only myself... ok, and maybe the spouse... :D

fc

devilplate
23-06-10, 23:26
reits more for small investment yay?

given 1mil cash, wud u buy a real estate tat u can touch or dump into reits which u cant even feel:D

Komo
23-06-10, 23:29
reits can be big investment too....and also a more liquid market!

dnomyarw
23-06-10, 23:38
... but dividends didn't...:)

when Reits crashed in 2008, dividends are insignificant already...:)

devilplate
24-06-10, 00:56
reits can be big investment too....and also a more liquid market!

reits essentially just a share/stock

i nvr believe in stocks to get dividend...i only fryyyyyyyy:D