PDA

View Full Version : The Scala - 99 years leasehold by Hong Leong Holdings

Pages : 1 [2]

land118
29-07-10, 17:37
u stay in srgn landed? cool man!

haiz...cant find any gd landed lobang so far..those hot deal...always got fierce bidding! and i dun like to bid...like a big carrot...

Bro, last time buy cheap la. If now buy maybe cannot afford. Serangoon Gdns area; about 2k houses in this estate. so far from what i see around here, majority is 999 yrs, small land unit single storey old ( need to A&A ) going for about $650-$700 psf. Many smaller houses are 1840 or about 2k sqft type land area.

Actually in this estate, majority of house in the lower range are of land area type:

1. 1840 sqft
2. 2200 sqft
3. 2800 sqft

House of these 3 types land area probably make up 75% of all houses in the estate. Think last time British, just cut the plots along the various land, and leave 1-2 house each lane with slightly bigger or smaller. Quite standard and organised..i must say.

Last year during crisis time, 1840sft land area single storey, selling about $800k only, regret din buy another. Now same house, have to pay like $1.4mil - S$1.5mil. My neighbour down the road, his relative bought such a house, now laughing away...:)

Actually, at 1 time, Foreign Workers Dorm was a BIG issue at an old secondary school at the fringe - next to CTE, protests and all, finally government build that $2mil slip road from AMK Ave 1, reduce no. of workers staying there to below 1k now, no ISSUE now, did not even see them in the estate. Think they quite poor thing, because the $2mil slip road is quite a walk from the AMK1 Ave 1. think at least 1km..., they can't enter into Serangoon Gdns estate directly beside landed houses. Kinda cordon off...

jlrx
29-07-10, 18:45
FH is really crappy when it is really old. Govt can take it back anytime, just built a road on it, through it etc will do and give u $1. They will not do it for obviouse reasons but they could if they want it. Same with LH too.. so why pay more for the same RISK?

No more $1.

Prime Minister already said a few years back that the Government will now pay fair market value for acquired land.

The Land Acquisition Act, Chapter 152 of Singapore, gives the Government of Singapore the power to, among other things, acquire any land in Singapore:

* for any public purpose;
* where the acquisition is of public benefit or of public utility or in the public interest; or
* for any residential, commercial or industrial purpose.

The compensation to be awarded pursuant to any such compulsory acquisition would be based on, among other factors:

(i) the market value of the property as at the date of the publication in the Government Gazette of the notification of the likely acquisition of the land (provided that within six months from the date of publication of such notification, a declaration of intention to acquire is made by publication in the Government Gazette); or

(ii) the market value of the property as at the date of publication in the Government Gazette of the declaration of intention to acquire, where such declaration is made after six months of the notification.

devilplate
29-07-10, 19:50
Bro, last time buy cheap la. If now buy maybe cannot afford. Serangoon Gdns area; about 2k houses in this estate. so far from what i see around here, majority is 999 yrs, small land unit single storey old ( need to A&A ) going for about $650-$700 psf. Many smaller houses are 1840 or about 2k sqft type land area.

Actually in this estate, majority of house in the lower range are of land area type:

1. 1840 sqft
2. 2200 sqft
3. 2800 sqft

House of these 3 types land area probably make up 75% of all houses in the estate. Think last time British, just cut the plots along the various land, and leave 1-2 house each lane with slightly bigger or smaller. Quite standard and organised..i must say.

Last year during crisis time, 1840sft land area single storey, selling about $800k only, regret din buy another. Now same house, have to pay like $1.4mil - S$1.5mil. My neighbour down the road, his relative bought such a house, now laughing away...:)

Actually, at 1 time, Foreign Workers Dorm was a BIG issue at an old secondary school at the fringe - next to CTE, protests and all, finally government build that $2mil slip road from AMK Ave 1, reduce no. of workers staying there to below 1k now, no ISSUE now, did not even see them in the estate. Think they quite poor thing, because the $2mil slip road is quite a walk from the AMK1 Ave 1. think at least 1km..., they can't enter into Serangoon Gdns estate directly beside landed houses. Kinda cordon off...

wat am i doing last yr???? 800k become 1.5mil now....90% cap gain!!!! my max gain since last yr only ard 60-70%:doh: :doh: :doh:

so now still can buy landed anot? :scared-4:

i checked places like sembawang ...similar house last yr 800-900k...now 1.3-1.4mil...even sembawang up so much:doh: :doh: :doh:

Wild Falcon
29-07-10, 20:30
The rise of the suburbs :) Most of us did see it coming, except didn't expect it to come so fast and furious...

land118
29-07-10, 20:57
wat am i doing last yr???? 800k become 1.5mil now....90% cap gain!!!! my max gain since last yr only ard 60-70%:doh: :doh: :doh:

so now still can buy landed anot? :scared-4:

i checked places like sembawang ...similar house last yr 800-900k...now 1.3-1.4mil...even sembawang up so much:doh: :doh: :doh:

Bro, when u think 999 land on the ground in district 19 @$700 as per ura recent transactions. I am referring to single sty house purchase at serangoon gdns estate vs 99 yrs LH in the air @$1150 for Scala; u wonder why some din compare. Quantum maybe 1 reason, another could be landed only Singaporean can buy; PR if want to, have to apply for approval which may not be easy. My Singapore friend married PR Angmo, have family, kids study in local schools now bought a landed near my place, they got approval. So citizen do have some privillege. Government can't let Foreignesr buy up the limited land we have.

Do your sums and be comfortable with what u can afford. I always think of downside. For upside, gains, no one bother-no pain; when come down-pain set in...depend on individual how much pain$ on downside u can afford, always remind yourself

Wild Falcon
29-07-10, 21:38
It was reported that most Scala's buyers/investors have HDB addresses - so maybe these are used to staying in the "air" than landed? Also, landed has its fair share of problems. Just look at those Serangoon Gardens inter-terrace at say "C Grove" or "B Drive" (I spend the first few years of my life there, so know the naming style), those 1800sqft single storey terrace in between 2 other houses with no windows or ventilation at the side. Only windows are at front porch and another at kitchen - tt's not exactly the best or ideal living environment and can be dark inside. And houses are really cramped together with small frontage - from afar looks like a slum sometimes. There are nice landed estates but Serangoon Gardens is probably not one of them - which probably explains the low PSF of the landed here ($650-700psf) compared to most other areas where landed are already close to 1000psf.

And I always believe, what's the point of buying a landed without a garden or windows at the side? So in short, buy landed must at least buy a semi-D lah. Or else, really no point squeezing in those Serangoon Gardens type inter-terrace houses with no garden.

land118
29-07-10, 22:52
[QUOTE=Wild Falcon( I spend the first few years of my life there, so know the naming style), those 1800sqft single storey terrace in between 2 other houses with no windows or ventilation at the side. Only windows are at front porch and another at kitchen - tt's not exactly the best or ideal living environment and can be dark inside. And houses are really cramped together with small frontage - from afar looks like a slum sometimes. There are nice landed estates but Serangoon Gardens is probably not one of them - which probably explains the low PSF of the landed here ($650-700psf) compared to most other areas where landed are already close to 1000psf.

And I always believe, what's the point of buying a landed without a garden or windows at the side? So in short, buy landed must at least buy a semi-D lah. Or else, really no point squeezing in those Serangoon Gardens type inter-terrace houses with no garden.[/QUOTE]

What a way to describe the First Private estate in Singapore to be upgraded by Government as a "Slum". Certainly the most expensive slum globally that I know of. I don't mind living in my hut that can be sold for $2mil.

Wild Falcon
29-07-10, 23:12
It is quite slum-like lah. Just drive in the "groves" and "drives" and u will know the condition of the houses there. Sometimes people don't ask themselves why buy landed? If your so-called landed house bedroom has no windows, is it a nice environment? If your so-called landed house has no garden and rooms have no windows, why bother? And why is the landed at Serangoon Gardens only 650-700psf while most other area including other suburbs are very close to 800-900psf? There is a reason for everything. That probably explains why the "Scala" can command a $1150 psf while those Serangoon Gardens windowless inter-terrace only transact at 700psf. Not forgetting those landed has no facilities, no views no gardens no windows, no ventilation. Just sharing another point of view.

And I just think why bother with such slum-like windowless home? If buy landed, buy a real one which is a minumum semi detached. Those inter-terrace - don't waste time unless you're that desperate. Quality of life counts as well. A bedroom with no windows? No way.

Komo
29-07-10, 23:16
It is quite slum-like lah. Just drive in the "groves" and "drives" and u will know the condition of the houses there. Sometimes people don't ask themselves why buy landed? If your so-called landed house bedroom has no windows, is it a nice environment? If your so-called landed house has no garden and rooms have no windows, why bother? And why is the landed at Serangoon Gardens only 650-700psf while most other area including other suburbs are very close to 800-900psf? There is a reason for everything. That probably explains why the "Scala" can command a $1150 psf while those Serangoon Gardens windowless inter-terrace only transact at 700psf. Not forgetting those landed has no facilities, no views no gardens no windows, no ventilation. Just sharing another point of view.

And I just think why bother with such slum-like windowless home? If buy landed, buy a real one which is a minumum semi detached. Those inter-terrace - don't waste time unless you're that desperate. Quality of life counts as well. A bedroom with no windows? No way.

If I have enough cash I'll buy 3 or 4 units of adjoining ones, let them rot and wait....:D

gohsoonk
29-07-10, 23:27
Agree. Sometimes, I cannot stand those who live in landed and don't maintain their house. Makes the house looks like a slum. Some of these households even eat very simple meals every day. To me, cannot make it. If want to live in a nice landed house, one got to live the lifestyle. If cannot sustain, might as well choose something more appropriate. Everyone only lives once...enjoy...

land118
29-07-10, 23:29
If I have enough cash I'll buy 3 or 4 units of adjoining ones, let them rot and wait....:D

Wow, everyday, i drive home from work pass this piece of land where it used to sit 3-4 terrace house along Cardiff Grove in serangoon gardens, probably 150m from Scala. Owner bought these 3 -4 house at 1 go, demolish the single storey house and literally letting empty land rot. Already 9mths, no action. Wonder if you are the owner. Congrats if you are, becos u probably make some 30% at least from the time u buy. :D

DC33_2008
29-07-10, 23:32
These people may have inherited the house from their parents. As they may not be well off, therefore they do not want to renovate the house.

stanchan
29-07-10, 23:57
Wow amazing results at 1400psf. Just curious, would Kovan Residences be a better buy? Same characteristics but near more amenities. Super large units. I know some people bought units at 650+psf last year. My Kovan Melody lagi better... Only 550-600psf at launch.

land118
30-07-10, 00:10
Wow amazing results at 1400psf. Just curious, would Kovan Residences be a better buy? Same characteristics but near more amenities. Super large units. I know some people bought units at 650+psf last year. My Kovan Melody lagi better... Only 550-600psf at launch.

Wow, u huat liao.

Kovan side, if buy to stay, seem better value for money, afterall also next to MRT. But Kovan side lack the Angmo factor - no Aussie/American school. Also CTE is right next door for Scala. Kovan side to connect to expressway, either go by the new KPE or need to drive to AMK to connect to CTE. Chuan side have New Tech Park - some tech offices there.

All in all, abit different. Although Kovan side, not that cramped up and have heartland mall across road.

Somehow if have Angmo factor, a little bit more premium maybe.

Just some thoughts

kane
30-07-10, 00:16
wah, scala thread become so active. locality wise, serangoon, especially the lor chuan area is quite nice, there's a lot of nice landed in the area. and i guess the lack of new launches in the area probably created some pent up demand.

but i'm not surprised people are looking at it as an investment. only the 2bedders are liveable. 2+1, 3, 3+1 and 4 are all too small for the number of rooms they are accomodating. so naturally you would expect see a small number of owner occupiers. they'll buy and stay in the nearby spacious HDB and rent out the scala.

devilplate
30-07-10, 00:26
latest subsale transacted for kovan residences:
1A Kovan Road #15-06
99 Yrs From 31/12/2007
$1030
$920k
06 Jul 10

high flr 2bedder, 893sqft at 1030psf...920k

over at scala:
better stack 2bedder high flr ard 1150psf, 850sqft, ard 980k

scala roughly around 10% higher den kovan residences now....

both shd command similar psf for similar sizes....so, kovan residences stand a good chance to hit 1150psf upon TOP which is around early next yr.

but buy now...just to make 10%...err...but existing owner to hold longer...yes:D

jlrx
30-07-10, 00:30
Agree. Sometimes, I cannot stand those who live in landed and don't maintain their house. Makes the house looks like a slum. Some of these households even eat very simple meals every day. To me, cannot make it. If want to live in a nice landed house, one got to live the lifestyle. If cannot sustain, might as well choose something more appropriate. Everyone only lives once...enjoy...

Why people who stay in landed properties cannot eat "simple meals"?

Even Ng Teng Fong ate $2 mee from Newton hawker centre.

Mr Ng was a tycoon who guarded his privacy jealously, and never liked to have his picture taken. As he told The Straits Times in 1981: ‘I’m an ordinary working man. And I often take my $2 mee from the Newton hawker centre after work.'

kane
30-07-10, 00:37
1A Kovan Road #15-06
99 Yrs From 31/12/2007
$1030
$920k
06 Jul 10

over at scala:

both shd command similar psf for similar sizes....so, kovan residences stand a good chance to hit 1150psf upon TOP which is around early next yr.

but buy now...just to make 10%...err...but existing owner to hold longer...yes:D

scala deosn't have facing blocks that will have in your face, "neighbour's living room" view.

land118
30-07-10, 00:42

Mr Ng was a tycoon who guarded his privacy jealously, and never liked to have his picture taken. As he told The Straits Times in 1981: ‘I’m an ordinary working man. And I often take my $2 mee from the Newton hawker centre after work.'

Agree. Some they inherit, sentimental reasons, maybe cannot sell. Father to son or something. OK, to eat $2 chicken rice. If you go to Portchester Ave, 2nd house nearest to the old NTUC that has been torn down- being rebuilt to new mall now, there is a very old single storey house, long driveway, old man of 70+ live there still. From far, at night you can see maybe only a 14 04 21inch TV placed on an old table, no sofa, just normal chairs. For thsoe who live in the area, would have seen him collecting tin cans, cardboard from shops around chomp chomp, push them in his trolley back to his house. He is a Gurang Guni man. Believe he stay alone, not sure have children or wife. Always alone. I am sure for some good reason of his, he is not selling but staying put in same house that he probably stayed since the British build in 1950s.

What will u say to such an old man, who still has the drive to work and perhaps very happy doing what he does. Never mind old landed, can't maintain, just cook rice and maybe soya sauce and ikan bilis...

To each his own.

devilplate
30-07-10, 00:46
when the time comes...many 'related' members will suddenly appear

proud owner
30-07-10, 01:51

sorry

pls explain what you mean by NO WONDOWS ?

which room in which landed house have no wondows ?

be it single or double storey ..inter terrace or semi D ..the bedrooms sure have window ?

unless the rooms are situated in the middle of the house .. then the only opening is the door .. but i dont think this is so common until the whole estate becomes 'slum' or windowless estate ya ?

inter terrace almost always have the rooms located front and back ..so the rooms will definitely have a window ..

i seriously dont understand what you mean NO WINDOW

jlrx
30-07-10, 02:19
sorry

be it single or double storey ..inter terrace or semi D ..the bedrooms sure have window ?

unless the rooms are situated in the middle of the house .. then the only opening is the door .. but i dont think this is so common until the whole estate becomes 'slum' or windowless estate ya ?

inter terrace almost always have the rooms located front and back ..so the rooms will definitely have a window ..

It's a horror story book.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61-kXEsi-EL._SL160_.jpg

No Door, No Windows by Joe Schreiber is, at its heart, a haunted house story; although it might be more accurate to say it is a haunted character story.

The novel is filled with characters who cannot escape their pasts, or their present, which means that their futures may be in jeopardy. Schreiber’s characters are haunted by guilt, regret, and emotional inertia as much as they are by supernatural forces. Schreiber wields both realistic and otherworldly horrors with deft and subtlety in this suspenseful novel.

fiat500
30-07-10, 02:57

newton hawker centre is considered a high end hawker centre!:spliff:
not surprise if he ate there cos its near his house in bukit timah...
$2 mee in 1981 was not cheap also during that era.....:2cents: :2cents:

proud owner
30-07-10, 03:01
newton hawker centre is considered a high end hawker centre!:spliff:
not surprise if he ate there cos its near his house in bukit timah...
$2 mee in 1981 was not cheap also during that era.....:2cents: :2cents:

Adam road hawker centre lagi near ...

i think average at that time 1981 was like $1.50

so you are right ..$2/- in 1981 is considered HIGH END

proud owner
30-07-10, 03:02

No Door, No Windows by Joe Schreiber is, at its heart, a haunted house story; although it might be more accurate to say it is a haunted character story.

The novel is filled with characters who cannot escape their pasts, or their present, which means that their futures may be in jeopardy. Schreiber’s characters are haunted by guilt, regret, and emotional inertia as much as they are by supernatural forces. Schreiber wields both realistic and otherworldly horrors with deft and subtlety in this suspenseful novel.

hahahah solid lah

really respect you

ocoloco79
30-07-10, 07:04
I am your fan:o

DC33_2008
30-07-10, 08:01
Landed has to be at least LH999. Otherwise, it is not worth it unless there have special attributes like in prime area, etc.

stanchan
30-07-10, 08:08
Hmmm didn't know KR is that expensive now. Those agents posting 850psf must be calling bluff. Anyway, yes I do agree that Lor Chuan has more Ang Mo factor due to proximity to the nice houses. The landed properties ard Kovan are more like serangoon gardens - some quite old but rapidly changing as many boutique strata units sprouting.

Note though that the American school at Lor Chuan is only a temp site. It will be moving next to 8@Woodsville in two years. On hindsight, Woodsvile condo seems like a good buy.

On landed property it really isn't easy finding a good one. We went house hunting for almost a year last year. Although prices are low but not many good ones on sale. Vs condo, there's a lot more to consider. Most times, the problem with inter terraces is that you have some really old and run down neighboring houses. But I believe in a few years, the serangoon, Kovan and balestier area's architecture and population mix will improve a lot.

By the way, the catchment area around Nex mall has one of the highest concentration of private pty population in Singapore.

1A Kovan Road #15-06
99 Yrs From 31/12/2007
$1030
$920k
06 Jul 10

over at scala:

DC33_2008
30-07-10, 08:28
You really have to check on all days. A house adjacent was sold about 5 months ago and the owner found the roof is leaking. The other thing to look for is illegal structure. It can be dangerous and also cost money (fine by authority) and worst of all is that plan has to be submitted and if it is not approved, structures will have to be pulled down. I guess some of the better FH landed is either near sixth avenue and sennett estate where they will and are near to mrt stn respectively. May not be for adults but good for kids.

kane
30-07-10, 08:56

proud owner, one example is the sembawang hills estate. The 3 bedroom inter terrace there. One room is in the middle so there are no windows. The entire estate is like that. I believe casuarina and some of those in seletar have this issue as well. All developed by the same developer many years ago.

isaaclim
30-07-10, 11:11
sorry, i read it twice and still cannot figure out wat u r trying to say???:beats-me-man:

anything wrong with my strategy mentioned above? u mean we shd buy and keep flipping ppty when it gets old??

by the way, i nvr say LH no good wor? i owned many LH condos...recently acquired ones mostly all 99LH...but for tat long term strategy to work...probably holding a FH ppty for 30yrs is better den a 99LH? agree?

If the person can only effort to buy one property, then may be FH is a better bet then LH.

But if that person own multiple properties, then why you hack care it is FH or LH? Just go for location. When it accumulated enough appreciation, then sell and move on.... That is businessman mindset.

devilplate
30-07-10, 11:34
If the person can only effort to buy one property, then may be FH is a better bet then LH.

But if that person own multiple properties, then why you hack care it is FH or LH? Just go for location. When it accumulated enough appreciation, then sell and move on.... That is businessman mindset.

a person's investment perspective/strategies/goals changes as time goes by...there is NO one size fits all strategies/location/investment for everyone.

i mentioned b4...if one person keep buying and selling all den buy again....he/she will gets old....tink deeper...

by the way, i am not comparing LH or FH....i am sharing one of the many ways of investment.....buy a FH and keep forever....but to keep a 99LH forever(more den 20yrs)....i will not take the risk ....better dun say 99LH no gd...den who am i going to sell my LH ppty to later...haha:tongue3:

DC33_2008
30-07-10, 11:48
Is it meant to be a storeroom?
proud owner, one example is the sembawang hills estate. The 3 bedroom inter terrace there. One room is in the middle so there are no windows. The entire estate is like that. I believe casuarina and some of those in seletar have this issue as well. All developed by the same developer many years ago.

Wild Falcon
30-07-10, 15:22
This shows that you have NEVER visited some of the landed at Serangoon Gardens or Sembawang Hills Estate.

In a Serangoon Gardens single-storey inter-terrace, 2 of the bedrooms will have no windows. The front bedroom has a window but the hall is too small and the front bedroom door will face the living hall which is horrible layout. Many will knock out the front bedroom to extend the living space. In short, all bedrooms might have no windows. I'm not kidding. That is the living conditions for the landed there. Go visit a unit when you're free.

sorry

kane
30-07-10, 15:50
Is it meant to be a storeroom?

it's a very big room. Not meant to be a storeroom.

Lee_V
30-07-10, 15:58
Inter-terrace eg: http://www.listings.sg/listings/40026.html

land118
30-07-10, 18:36
This shows that you have NEVER visited some of the landed at Serangoon Gardens or Sembawang Hills Estate.

In a Serangoon Gardens single-storey inter-terrace, 2 of the bedrooms will have no windows. The front bedroom has a window but the hall is too small and the front bedroom door will face the living hall which is horrible layout. Many will knock out the front bedroom to extend the living space. In short, all bedrooms might have no windows. I'm not kidding. That is the living conditions for the landed there. Go visit a unit when you're free.

Bro, if you say original design built in 1950s in Ser Gdns, yes agree for inter terrace, some are like that. Normally 1 bedroom no window.

But many inter terrace there are not 1st Original state built by British anymore. Most if you buy are buying from 2nd or 3rd owner even for old looking ones which has been reno slighly before.

If u buy original 1950s state built by British last time, then basically u may need to tear them down and rebuilt...

I stay there for long time and in-laws also since 1950s.

devilplate
30-07-10, 18:47
Bro, if you say original design built in 1950s in Ser Gdns, yes agree for inter terrace, some are like that. Normally 1 bedroom no window.

But many inter terrace there are not 1st Original state built by British anymore. Most if you buy are buying from 2nd or 3rd owner even for old looking ones which has been reno slighly before.

If u buy original 1950s state built by British last time, then basically u may need to tear them down and rebuilt...

I stay there for long time and in-laws also since 1950s.

how much $$ i nid to fork out to tear down and rebuild to a 3storey hse...let say i get one of those inter terrace of land size 1800sqft

can i start a thread on landed?? u guys/landed experts all join in ok!!

land118
30-07-10, 19:09
how much $$ i nid to fork out to tear down and rebuild to a 3storey hse...let say i get one of those inter terrace of land size 1800sqft

can i start a thread on landed?? u guys/landed experts all join in ok!!

look out for this in your other thread...pass u some comments from my contractor

amk
31-07-10, 17:13

anywhere between 500k to 1m.

devilplate
01-08-10, 11:47
wow...u noe wat an agt from scala told me....take train from Lor Chuan can hit citihall within 15mins!!! den i say if tat the case, i take train from simei aso can hit citihall within 15mins....and u noe wat tat agt told me...from simei will take 25-30mins!! haha....telling lies without a blink...can sue them for misrepresentation? haha:D

mabe tats y many investors kena conned into buying scala. :D

DC33_2008
01-08-10, 14:44
That's why do your own research. Agents have their own agenda. Rather difficult to sue to them for misrepresentation unless it is in writing. My agents have given me floor plan of Scala 3 weeks ago. Still not convince on the pricing and rental yield potential.
wow...u noe wat an agt from scala told me....take train from Lor Chuan can hit citihall within 15mins!!! den i say if tat the case, i take train from simei aso can hit citihall within 15mins....and u noe wat tat agt told me...from simei will take 25-30mins!! haha....telling lies without a blink...can sue them for misrepresentation? haha:D

acewee
01-08-10, 16:27
Yes, yes. Better 'C' carefully. Otherwise, SCALA may become SALA for some. :scared-2:

02-08-10, 00:07
Yes, yes. Better 'C' carefully. Otherwise, SCALA may become SALA for some. :scared-2:

the name of this condo really sound funny!! :p

02-08-10, 00:09

never trust a salesman words...
Btw this project really that solid??? :spliff:

devilplate
02-08-10, 01:10
That's why do your own research. Agents have their own agenda. Rather difficult to sue to them for misrepresentation unless it is in writing. My agents have given me floor plan of Scala 3 weeks ago. Still not convince on the pricing and rental yield potential.

i visited the showflat mah...den one agt whom i toked to b4 spotted me...jus now called me asking me wana get a unit anot lor...i say exp leh...den she start to tell me all these stories....den i tell her tat this scala reminds me of Bishan 8 wor:scared-3:

Regulators
02-08-10, 01:22
i received so many sms'es for this project, i always delete every one instantly. 1k+ psf for this location is really crazy, especially for a 99yr. Reminds me of telok kurau with majority of the projects being freehold with a few odd 99yr projects

i visited the showflat mah...den one agt whom i toked to b4 spotted me...jus now called me asking me wana get a unit anot lor...i say exp leh...den she start to tell me all these stories....den i tell her tat this scala reminds me of Bishan 8 wor:scared-3:

devilplate
02-08-10, 01:34
any update on trevista? i saw their ad recently....i tink trevista is a better buy den scala even when both of them same psf.

Regulators
02-08-10, 01:58
i think trevista only left with 3 bedders and bigger last i heard some weeks back. D12 is definitely better than Lor Chuan imo. actually for that price, i would go for some old projects in D11/12 which are better buys than say new projects in ulu seletar (Greenwich) or serangoon (Scala).

any update on trevista? i saw their ad recently....i tink trevista is a better buy den scala even when both of them same psf.

Komo
02-08-10, 09:11

Should be about 20 min. Bishan to city hall sightly over 15 min.

Laguna
02-08-10, 10:55
visited the show flat
plot ratio of 2.8 at 17 storey height, it is much worst than Esta of same plot ratio at 25 storey. No need to swim at all over the weekend. For BBQ, every weekend will be packed.
The project / flat layout is just so, so. The only selling point is next to the Chuan station, not a big deal.
If u want to buy a bread, u need to take a train. haha

for that price....:tsk-tsk:

devilplate
02-08-10, 11:01
visited the show flat
plot ratio of 2.8 at 17 storey height, it is much worst than Esta of same plot ratio at 25 storey. No need to swim at all over the weekend. For BBQ, every weekend will be packed.
The project / flat layout is just so, so. The only selling point is next to the Chuan station, not a big deal.
If u want to buy a bread, u need to take a train. haha

for that price....:tsk-tsk:

but luckily they managed to sell so well:D

imagine developer r selling at 800psf....meaning smthing is very wrong...ppty prices r crashing

isaaclim
02-08-10, 11:36
Just visited Centro showflat on weekend. Was told that our beloved developer is going to increase their price today.

The lowest two bedroom available is selling around 1350psf. Furthermore, there is a company just brought 20+ units recently...

Hopefully this kind of buying interest will continue for another few years... Then can retire liaw...

devilplate
02-08-10, 11:38
Just visited Centro showflat on weekend. Was told that our beloved developer is going to increase their price today.

The lowest two bedroom available is selling around 1350psf. Furthermore, there is a company just brought 20+ units recently...

Hopefully this kind of buying interest will continue for another few years... Then can retire liaw...

cool update there:D

i am contented with just another 30% price increase from here:D

STI broke 3000pts again! hope it can stay above it:)

jencrs
02-08-10, 13:37
visited the show flat
plot ratio of 2.8 at 17 storey height, it is much worst than Esta of same plot ratio at 25 storey. No need to swim at all over the weekend. For BBQ, every weekend will be packed.I think my understanding of plot ratio is incorrect, wondering if someone can help. With the same plot ratio and lower storey height, other things being equal, shouldn't it mean the it's less crowded than something else with higher storey height?

devilplate
02-08-10, 14:11
I think my understanding of plot ratio is incorrect, wondering if someone can help. With the same plot ratio and lower storey height, other things being equal, shouldn't it mean the it's less crowded than something else with higher storey height?

gross flr area allowable= plot ratio X land size + i tink 10% bonus balcony

so basically if same plot ratio and same land size....the whole project will feels more cramped when only allowed to build 10 storey high vs 30 storey high

jencrs
02-08-10, 15:15
Ah ok thanks. It's cuz since it doesn't go higher, the units/blocks must squeeze closer to maximise the gross floor area.

But why does laguna say that the pool and bbq area will be crowded? Is it because there's less room for the pool, fewer bbq pits, and not because there are more units built right?

isaaclim
02-08-10, 15:27
gross flr area allowable= plot ratio X land size + i tink 10% bonus balcony

so basically if same plot ratio and same land size....the whole project will feels more cramped when only allowed to build 10 storey high vs 30 storey high

GFA = land size x plot ratio. I don't think garment is so nice to give bonus. They have a big family to feed leh.

Gross Floor Area - All covered floor areas of a building, except otherwise exempted, and uncovered areas for commercial uses are deemed the gross floor area of the building for purposes of plot ratio control and development charge. The gross floor area is the total area of the covered floor space measured between the centre line of party walls, including the thickness of external walls but excluding voids. Accessibility and usability are not criteria for exclusion from GFA.

jencrs
02-08-10, 15:27
In that sense is it also always better to max out the number of stories in a project as far as the plot ratio allows?

isaaclim
02-08-10, 16:13
In that sense is it also always better to max out the number of stories in a project as far as the plot ratio allows?

For developer??? OF COURSE!!!

Higher floor => higher psf leh...

That is the reason for some projects that don't have units in the first few floors.

jencrs
02-08-10, 16:23
Not so much thinking abt the developer, but the buyer. Better to stay in a place that has maxed out the number of stories limited by plot ratio, all other things being equal, since there was that comparison between scala and esta?

louisebrown
02-08-10, 16:25

The truth is here:-
http://www.smrt.com.sg/trains/train_timings.asp

It's 21 min of train time.
Plus maybe 2-3 min waiting time, the agent is right.
The truth hurts:banghead:

990113d03
02-08-10, 16:52
Isnt it the about the same time from Serangoon to City Hall and from Simei to City hall? Serangoon will take 19 min, Simei will take 21 min to City Hall. From the chart, Clementi will take 20min to reach City Hall and Ang Mo Kio will take 18 min to reach City Hall. So it seems Simei new plot near Simei Mrt station can sell at 1000psf after all with land cost at 523psf... considering Scala sell at 1150psf for being near serangoon mrt station.

990113d03
02-08-10, 16:53
Maybe Tanumy is right after all that DBR has a lot of upside for having a launch price of 650psf.

devilplate
02-08-10, 17:14
GFA = land size x plot ratio. I don't think garment is so nice to give bonus. They have a big family to feed leh.

Gross Floor Area - All covered floor areas of a building, except otherwise exempted, and uncovered areas for commercial uses are deemed the gross floor area of the building for purposes of plot ratio control and development charge. The gross floor area is the total area of the covered floor space measured between the centre line of party walls, including the thickness of external walls but excluding voids. Accessibility and usability are not criteria for exclusion from GFA.

i rmb reading smwhr about 10% extra for balconies...tink was implemented after they remove the free GFA for baywindows and planter box.

anyway, i prefer balconies den useless planter boxes...so happy no more planter boxes!:cheers1:

devilplate
02-08-10, 17:20
The truth is here:-
http://www.smrt.com.sg/trains/train_timings.asp

It's 21 min of train time.
Plus maybe 2-3 min waiting time, the agent is right.
The truth hurts:banghead:

my point of argument : if it take 15min to hit from lor chuan to citihall...den simei shd be roughly the same....but tat agent say from simei to citihall wud takes 25-30mins

so if based on the time taken to hit town via MRT...it doesnt make sense to pay so much more compared to DBR or even caspian

afterall, they r all mass market product.

louisebrown
02-08-10, 17:22
If one reads the SMRT chart well, the truth is stark.
Much of the discussion abt "time" is ridiculous. 2 to 3 min diff in train time is not the key. The critical issue is the proximity of the property to a station. Not the ride.

devilplate
02-08-10, 17:42
If one reads the SMRT chart well, the truth is stark.
Much of the discussion abt "time" is ridiculous. 2 to 3 min diff in train time is not the key. The critical issue is the proximity of the property to a station. Not the ride.

den we can also say kovan melody or kovan residences more value for $$??:beats-me-man:

louisebrown
02-08-10, 17:59
A newbie defers to a senior. It's your pedestal.

devilplate
02-08-10, 18:05
A newbie defers to a senior. It's your pedestal.

actually my english quite bad...i just check the dictionary on pedestal:o

u mean smthing like pull seniority rank? aiyo....dun be personal...lets stick to ppty discussion....i oredi got entangled with tat blackfire...dunwan another one:scared-3:

acewee
02-08-10, 18:36
Raise your hand those who have never visited showflats where agents tell you that developer will either increase the price today or tomorrow. :doh:

Laguna
02-08-10, 21:27
i rmb reading smwhr about 10% extra for balconies...tink was implemented after they remove the free GFA for baywindows and planter box.

anyway, i prefer balconies den useless planter boxes...so happy no more planter boxes!:cheers1:

yes, ur right on the 10% bonus, it was removed I think two years back.

As such, all the units have a smaller build in areas, to retain the same quantum of price. Now 3-bedder is around 1100 sq ft...before with the 10% GFA, it was around 1300 sq ft

sleek
02-08-10, 23:14
Lian Beng clinches contract for The Scala condo at Serangoon
By Jonathan Peeris | Posted: 02 August 2010 2033 hrs (http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporebusinessnews/view/1072899/1/.html)

SINGAPORE : Homegrown building construction company Lian Beng has clinched a S$119.5 million contract to build The Scala - a 99-year leasehold condominium development located at Serangoon Avenue 3.

The contract was awarded by the Hong Leong Group and covers the construction of five 17- to 18-storey blocks.

It also covers the construction of podium and basement carparks, clubhouse, and other recreational and communal facilities.

Work on the development is expected to commence in October and be completed by the fourth quarter of 2013.

This is the second building contract Lian Beng has secured since the beginning of its financial year in June and this brings its order book to approximately S$965 million.

In late June, the group was awarded an S$88.3 million contract by UOL Development to build a 36-storey residential development at Spottiswoode Park Road. - CNA /ls

isaaclim
03-08-10, 07:47
Lian Beng clinches contract for The Scala condo at Serangoon
By Jonathan Peeris | Posted: 02 August 2010 2033 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************2010 2033******end_of_the_skype_highlighting hrs (http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporebusinessnews/view/1072899/1/.html)

SINGAPORE : Homegrown building construction company Lian Beng has clinched a S$119.5 million contract to build The Scala - a 99-year leasehold condominium development located at Serangoon Avenue 3.

The contract was awarded by the Hong Leong Group and covers the construction of five 17- to 18-storey blocks.

It also covers the construction of podium and basement carparks, clubhouse, and other recreational and communal facilities.

Work on the development is expected to commence in October and be completed by the fourth quarter of 2013.

This is the second building contract Lian Beng has secured since the beginning of its financial year in June and this brings its order book to approximately S$965 million.

In late June, the group was awarded an S$88.3 million contract by UOL Development to build a 36-storey residential development at Spottiswoode Park Road. - CNA /ls

Wah... Big profit for HL.

230mil for the land. 120mil for the construction. Around 100mil go to pocket!

Hopefully they do a good job for this project.

devilplate
03-08-10, 09:32

how u derive the 100mil profit?

isaaclim
03-08-10, 13:38
how u derive the 100mil profit?

GFA for The Scala is around 380000sf. 380000x1200psf is around 450mil.
450mil - 230mil - 120mil is around 100mil lol

This is just a very rough calculation.

Wild Falcon
04-08-10, 10:57
When they sell high, they still award the construction to the cheapest construction company. In short, expensive does not equate to better quality. Expensive means more $$ goes into developers pocket.

scsc
04-08-10, 11:16
When they sell high, they still award the construction to the cheapest construction company. In short, expensive does not equate to better quality. Expensive means more $$ goes into developers pocket.

Most company award to lowest tender... not meh? :beats-me-man:
Same goes to land bidding auction... Highest win..

Every developer will try to squeeze as much.. Quality or not depends on the project or product positioning..

urban
04-08-10, 12:52

Every developer will try to squeeze as much.. Quality or not depends on the project or product positioning..

Also depends on the developer's skills in supervising the main con. And main con in supervising the sub-con.

Materials and branded fittings if installed badly can also result in poor quality.

amk
04-08-10, 13:12

for mass market projects, definitely. this is the business bottom line. For real luxury projects (aka Ardmore, Orchard Residence), developer will be more careful on the builder, because there is a reputation at stake.

For example Estuary contract went to China Construction South Pacific for US$89m, abt the same value as this Lian Beng job. This is real cheap.

On the other hand, Lian Beng also got the contract for Centro for S$78M. Considering the size of the condo, the Centro job is considered "more expensive".

Over the last one year, it seems the construction cost for mass market condos did not really "go up" as some analyst claimed. In fact it went down compared to 2007/2008. So developer is making more profits from these projects now.

wesing
04-08-10, 13:16
Also depends on the developer's skills in supervising the main con. And main con in supervising the sub-con.

Materials and branded fittings if installed badly can also result in poor quality.

After buying from develper, the quality of the end product, espeically the unit you bough must 看兴衰 (kua heng suay in hokkein) already lah:D

isaaclim
05-08-10, 21:10

It is about 300psf construction cost leh... Consider reasonably good liaw...

hyenergix
08-08-10, 06:20
I visited the show flat yesterday, I think left only 10% of the total units. Very good response and the showflat had quite a lot of people viewing. At 1100 psf and 99 years lease, it seems that property is still very hot in Singapore.

Komo
08-08-10, 11:28
for mass market projects, definitely. this is the business bottom line. For real luxury projects (aka Ardmore, Orchard Residence), developer will be more careful on the builder, because there is a reputation at stake.

For example Estuary contract went to China Construction South Pacific for US$89m, abt the same value as this Lian Beng job. This is real cheap.

On the other hand, Lian Beng also got the contract for Centro for S$78M. Considering the size of the condo, the Centro job is considered "more expensive".

Over the last one year, it seems the construction cost for mass market condos did not really "go up" as some analyst claimed. In fact it went down compared to 2007/2008. So developer is making more profits from these projects now.
Numbers do give a clue about expected qualiy. So is reputation of developers, con, sub-con and workmanship. Yes puzzled about the relatively low contract price of china construction south pacific. Anyone any comments from direct experience? Or MCL land? I suppose MCL land always award to China con.

isaaclim
08-08-10, 12:09

Over the last one year, it seems the construction cost for mass market condos did not really "go up" as some analyst claimed. In fact it went down compared to 2007/2008 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************2007/2008******end_of_the_skype_highlighting. So developer is making more profits from these projects now.

Estuary's construction cost is less than 160psf. Please don't compare with 300psf project.

amk
08-08-10, 12:12
... puzzled about the relatively low contract price of china construction south pacific. Anyone any comments from direct experience?
the just TOP'ed projects by China Construction are: One Amber, Clementiwoods, Waterfall Gardens. You can go search the internet for comments. I reserve my opinion. :)

melodies
08-08-10, 21:44
China Con has lowest cost because they directly brought in labourers from China at very low costs and yet with quite good workmanship. The idea that made in China or by China companies are lousy is now outdated.

Numbers do give a clue about expected qualiy. So is reputation of developers, con, sub-con and workmanship. Yes puzzled about the relatively low contract price of china construction south pacific. Anyone any comments from direct experience? Or MCL land? I suppose MCL land always award to China con.

isaaclim
08-08-10, 22:45
China Con has lowest cost because they directly brought in labourers from China at very low costs and yet with quite good workmanship. The idea that made in China or by China companies are lousy is now outdated.

Please don't discuss about CC in this thread.
CC is really a nightmare for many of us...

shauntanzs
08-08-10, 22:59
160psf is what developer pay to china con. I know them quite well. They also never stick to what the architects specify n will always propose the cheapest material. I can say the actual cost china con use to build ur house is only 100psf.

wesing
11-08-10, 11:00
According to the The Straits Times, "Hong Leong Holdings said it sold 35 units of its 468-unit The Scala over the long weekend leaving fewer than 15 units left."

Komo
11-08-10, 23:27
scala's furnishing is quite good. Will workmanship be just as good?
Is it possible for lian beng to sub to China sub-con to cut construction cost? so just earn the fat margin. but this will also mean lesser control over the sub-con...or is my concern unfounded?

proud owner
11-08-10, 23:38
scala's furnishing is quite good. Will workmanship be just as good?
Is it possible for lian beng to sub to China sub-con to cut construction cost? so just earn the fat margin. but this will also mean lesser control over the sub-con...or is my concern unfounded?

i guess you have to live with it ... or get used to it

as it is .. almost everything branded i find along 5th Ave like Saks, to Tribeca and downtown ... all MIC (made in china) ...

why not condo ? hehehe

DC33_2008
11-08-10, 23:41
Most of the construction workers in Singapore are from China, India, Pakistan, Myanmar, etc. Whether they are from Lian Beng Construction, Woh hup, China construction, ....

Komo
11-08-10, 23:54
so could it be that projects with China con may actually be better since most probably they have better access to good (and cheap) labour pool back in China and they are able to better control the workers and work quality? Btw, I thought China Contruction quite a reputable company....

proud owner
11-08-10, 23:58
so could it be that projects with China con may actually be better since most probably they have better access to good (and cheap) labour pool back in China and they are able to better control the workers and work quality? Btw, I thought China Contruction quite a reputable company....

errr

i am not so sure about that man ..

but mainland china chinese are truly innovative lah ..

milk powder also can be fake , eggs also fake ones ..

so i am not surprise if they improvise some stuff also ...

maybe behind your concrete wall tiles ..its hollow ?

maybe chipped floor they use wax to fill the gap ?

i really dont know ..and to be honest .. i have no confidence in there products

azeoprop
12-08-10, 00:25
Toufu buildings in singapore...oh no...:eek:

isaaclim
12-08-10, 00:30

China has the world largest population. You have all kind of people down there... Some of the China worker can be really skillful.

But why care the building is build by China or Indian worker. Utimately, it all depend on how well they are being paid. "You pay peanut, you get monkey!"

august
12-08-10, 00:33
China has the world largest population. You have all kind of people down there... Some of the China worker can be really skillful.

But why care the building is build by China or Indian worker. Utimately, it all depend on how well they are being paid. "You pay peanut, you get monkey!"

bcos u can pay the world's bestest wages and still get monkeys ;)

isaaclim
12-08-10, 01:18
bcos u can pay the world's bestest wages and still get monkeys ;)

To me it does work well. At least much better than our neighbors...

acewee
13-08-10, 22:34
Was there today. Not many units left. And price just increased.

acewee
16-08-10, 22:14
Received sms today. A few units returned, including a penthouse. I wonder if panic is setting in?

jlrx
16-08-10, 22:28
Received sms today. A few units returned, including a penthouse. I wonder if panic is setting in?

Why is there panic when there is nothing significant happening in the world? :confused:

DC33_2008
16-08-10, 22:40
Maybe change their mind after looking at the discussion here.

bargain hunter
16-08-10, 22:56
deleted, jlrx already asked my question. ;)

sleek
16-08-10, 23:05
Maybe because China is now the No. 2 World Economy, overtaking Japan? :D

deleted, jlrx already asked my question. ;)

bargain hunter
16-08-10, 23:12
huh? then why panic and give back units?! :confused:

Maybe because China is now the No. 2 World Economy, overtaking Japan? :D

devilplate
16-08-10, 23:15
every project sure got returned units...

mabe cannot get loan....duno cpf must set aside min sum for 2nd ppty...

gancheong...kiasu...hoot first den tio burned

azeoprop
16-08-10, 23:24

Yah, the situation in the showroom during the preview was like a fish market, not the kind of environment for you to make important decisions.

wesing
17-08-10, 08:48

If dunno cpf min sum ruling for 2nd ppty, then the agent ought to get shot for not advising the buyer properly.

I was not aware of this ruling when I started looking around for a new ppty and it was the agent who highlighted this to me.

DC33_2008
17-08-10, 09:28
Not bad for the developer with the 1% downpayment. Not sure if agent got a portion of the downpayment.

acewee
17-08-10, 18:18
Somemore now can resell at higher price. :2cents:

Not bad for the developer with the 1% downpayment. Not sure if agent got a portion of the downpayment.

isaaclim
17-08-10, 18:50

It is 1.25% :)

acewee
23-08-10, 22:41
Very quiet. Is Scala sold out yet?

silver023
24-08-10, 14:03
Very quiet. Is Scala sold out yet?

Just got the news on remaining units:

2 x 1 bdr (high & low floor)
1 x 2+1 bdr (high)
2 x 3 bdr (mid & low)
1 x 4bdr (low)
1 x 4 bdr PH

Anybody interested, PM me.

jencrs
24-08-10, 17:30
Some units available include:

#04-05 (474sqft, 1-Bedroom) - $680,800 or $1,436sqft
#04-07 (893sqft, 2+Study) - $1,050,600 or $1,176psf
#09-01 (1044sqft, 3-Bedroom) - $1,188,000 or $$1,138psf
#03-27 (1259sqft, 4-Bedroom) - $1,533,000 or $1,217psf
#17-18 (1518sqft, 3-Bedroom PH) - $1,580,000 or $1,041psfDetails courtesy of this website http://sgproptalk.blogspot.com/

azeoprop
24-08-10, 18:24

So expensive?! :scared-3:

devilplate
24-08-10, 18:37
So expensive?! :scared-3:

NV 2bedder only 6xxk!! cheap cheap lol:D

mcmlxxvi
08-10-10, 16:49

#17-18 (1518sqft, 3-Bedroom PH) - $1,580,000 or $1,041psfDetails courtesy of this website http://sgproptalk.blogspot.com/

Some sucker actually went for the kill at 680k for 474sf!!!!!!!!!!

THE SCALA SERANGOON AVENUE 3 Apartment 1 680,800 474 Strata 1,437 Sep-10

mcmlxxvi
08-10-10, 17:06
THE SCALA SERANGOON AVENUE 3 Apartment 1 694,700 474 Strata 1,467 Sep-10

Even bigger sucker.

azeoprop
08-10-10, 17:08

Even bigger sucker.

:scared-1: :scared-1: omg....at this rate, all new mrt station will have apartment buildings on top.

devilplate
08-10-10, 17:08

Even bigger sucker.

err...1300-1500psf quite common for 1bedder liao

if 1400psf for 2/3bedder...den really power:p

fclim
08-10-10, 17:20

$1,533,000 for a 1259 sqft 4 bedder. Some more low floor. Might as well get a 1765 sqft 4-bedder at Kovan Residences - same price. Kovan is better located in terms of amenities, next to MRT and sheltered all the way to the wet market/heartland mall. No need to cross road = safe for the kids.

devilplate
08-10-10, 17:43
$1,533,000 for a 1259 sqft 4 bedder. Some more low floor. Might as well get a 1765 sqft 4-bedder at Kovan Residences - same price. Kovan is better located in terms of amenities, next to MRT and sheltered all the way to the wet market/heartland mall. No need to cross road = safe for the kids.

agree tat this 4bedder super sucker....tat 1bedder peanut lah:D

Wild Falcon
08-10-10, 17:56
Potential buyers should thanks all the "suckers" at Scala, or else no cooling measures liao.

isaaclim
08-10-10, 18:22
Potential buyers should thanks all the "suckers" at Scala, or else no cooling measures liao.

HL is the real sucker. Why buyer brought a high price being a sucker? :doh:

Xan
11-10-10, 20:40

I recall some serious argument and attack just only a few mths back over estuary 1 bedded 600sqft selling at 800psf. Now scala 1 bedded 480sqft selling at 1450psf and was the first to sell out some more. Haha what an irony. What makes us think that scala deserve such pricing? Anyway in a few more mths to come, scala might b a steal when compared to next development. This is propertism.

devilplate
11-10-10, 23:23
i m waiting for the one at bedok with integrated mall....1bedder 1400psf or more i tink:eek:

proud owner
12-10-10, 02:19
I recall some serious argument and attack just only a few mths back over estuary 1 bedded 600sqft selling at 800psf. Now scala 1 bedded 480sqft selling at 1450psf and was the first to sell out some more. Haha what an irony. What makes us think that scala deserve such pricing? Anyway in a few more mths to come, scala might b a steal when compared to next development. This is propertism.

Xan = Jlrx ?

mcmlxxvi
12-10-10, 08:45
i m waiting for the one at bedok with integrated mall....1bedder 1400psf or more i tink:eek:
Devil bro Bedok boy? Grow up there or any affinity?

devilplate
12-10-10, 10:13
Devil bro Bedok boy? Grow up there or any affinity?

me easty boy nia...:D

first condo on top of Mall in the east leh....:cheers1:

august
12-10-10, 13:12

i think $1.5k psf for 1 bedder :sleep:

Squall8888
12-10-10, 13:48
Seems like people don't have good memory. When prices drop, those unpopular ones will crash and never recover. Just like end 2008 and early 2009. Think of this - If Icon is 1400 psf, how much do you think a studio at serangoon will cost?

devilplate
12-10-10, 15:54
Seems like people don't have good memory. When prices drop, those unpopular ones will crash and never recover. Just like end 2008 and early 2009. Think of this - If Icon is 1400 psf, how much do you think a studio at serangoon will cost?

tat time i told an agt at scala showflat tat this project reminds me of bishan 8:p

if located next to srgn mrt +NEX...den still looks attractive....but ah chuan....:rolleyes:

rattydrama
12-10-10, 16:51

great I am also interested. .... when it will be released? 4Q2011??

Xan
12-10-10, 22:01

So the moral of the story is to bite early and hack care whether it is worth or not. Anyway all property will appreciate eventually. Maybe tats wat u mean. :sleep:

Komo
13-10-10, 07:19
When the next bear market come, price support may be down at $750-800 psf level for this project?

13-10-10, 09:25
So the moral of the story is to bite early and hack care whether it is worth or not. Anyway all property will appreciate eventually. Maybe tats wat u mean. :sleep:

yes !! Totally agree.

mcmlxxvi
17-10-10, 15:03
Some sucker actually went for the kill at 680k for 474sf!!!!!!!!!!

THE SCALA SERANGOON AVENUE 3 Apartment 1 680,800 474 Strata 1,437 Sep-10

Freak. Didnt do my research well enuf. Actually got major sucker!

130 Serangoon Avenue 3 #17-05
99 Yrs From 06/01/2010
$1522
$720k
24 Aug 10

Good for D19 prices. 1522psf!!!!!

Wild Falcon
17-10-10, 16:25
99LH at Blk 130 Serangoon Ave 3 now can beat prime property prices liao. Some D9, 10,11 not even 1522 psf. Serangoon Ave 3 huat ah!

Never like address with an avenue number....

DKSG
18-10-10, 22:28
Cant really use 1 transaction to define the price of the whole development.

But I would really like to know whats on the mind of the person who bought the unit. Some agents con him that it will hit $1,800 psf in a few months' time ?

Anyway, a small tip to all. Agent's commission is now fully negotiable. You can ask agent to accept 0.75% comm. If Agent A dont want to take the case, ask Agent B.

devilplate
18-10-10, 22:48
Anyway, a small tip to all. Agent's commission is now fully negotiable. You can ask agent to accept 0.75% comm. If Agent A dont want to take the case, ask Agent B.

not advisable to pay so little...how they gona cobroke? :tsk-tsk:

cannot stinge on comm one....so many units on sale...

my own way is to give comm based on 'performance':D

azeoprop
19-11-11, 23:23
Finally a subsale for 2011.

THE SCALA SERANGOON AVENUE 3 Apartment1 990,000 990 Strata 1,000 Sep-11

kane
20-11-11, 00:25
Finally a subsale for 2011.

THE SCALA SERANGOON AVENUE 3 Apartment1 990,000 990 Strata 1,000 Sep-11

What was the original buy price? Doesn't look like the guy made any money.

hyenergix
20-11-11, 06:41
Closest match is this one:

THE SCALA SERANGOON AVENUE 3 Apartment 1 906,200 904 Strata 1,002 Aug-10

Probably make around $40k after deducting the costs. Actually profit assuming the money is put in 1% fixed deposit is close to $0. For the risk actually it is not worth it.

devilplate
20-11-11, 08:26
Closest match is this one:

THE SCALA SERANGOON AVENUE 3 Apartment 1 906,200 904 Strata 1,002 Aug-10

Probably make around $40k after deducting the costs. Actually profit assuming the money is put in 1% fixed deposit is close to $0. For the risk actually it is not worth it.

904 vs 990sqft leh.....

both about 1kpsf......

azeoprop
20-11-11, 08:39
There were 5 990sqft units recorded during launch in aug10. Seems to be ground floor units with pes.

Cheapest:
THE SCALA SERANGOON AVENUE 3 Apartment1 893,900 990 Strata 903 Aug-10

Most expensive:
THE SCALA SERANGOON AVENUE 3 Apartment1 959,900 990 Strata 969 Aug-10

devilplate
20-11-11, 08:45
There were 5 990sqft units recorded during launch in aug10. Seems to be ground floor units with pes.

Cheapest:
THE SCALA SERANGOON AVENUE 3 Apartment1 893,900 990 Strata 903 Aug-10

Most expensive:
THE SCALA SERANGOON AVENUE 3 Apartment1 959,900 990 Strata 969 Aug-10

i tink its 2bdr ground flr wif patio

if u flip back scala thread, i said 2bdr ground flr lower quantum den 2nd flr.....FOC patio plus some kopi discount!

devilplate
20-11-11, 08:51
when i was checking the prices: i found out one very interesting thing!!! the ground flr 2bedder unit with patio of size 958sqft was selling at around 920k and one floor up at 850sqft was selling at 970k!!!!! save 50k and yet get 108sqft of free patio!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEST DEAL!!!!!!!!!!!:D

too bad.... when units r release for the public without prior chq submission....tat unit is GONE!!!!!! 03-17.....i was actually preparing my chq!!!!!:(

so guys...check out for other available ground flr units at other stacks if u r keen b4 u commit on higher floors:D

its 958sqft leh...not 990sqft.....

anyone can find out the subsale unit number?

hyenergix
20-11-11, 08:52
904 vs 990sqft leh.....

both about 1kpsf......

C the wrong column in URA data. Better to compare same floor area. Wake up too early :ashamed1: I also think not much gain from the sale.

azeoprop
20-11-11, 09:03
its 958sqft leh...not 990sqft.....

anyone can find out the subsale unit number?

Not too sure of the unit number, but the 990sqft is the 2+1 ground floor unit.
Here are the 5, choose 1 haa haa.
01-07
01-04
03-19
03-22
03-10

kane
20-11-11, 09:19
Those units have underperformed the peers.

azeoprop
28-11-12, 20:00
THE SCALA SERANGOON AVENUE 3 Apartment 1 1,055,000 850 Strata 1,241 Oct-12
THE SCALA SERANGOON AVENUE 3 Apartment 1 1,660,000 1,259 Strata 1,318 Oct-12

One of the few "slient" projects that almost disappeared from the market after being sold out within 1 week of launch....wondered why?

:beats-me-man:

kane
28-11-12, 22:08
Tiny rooms plus compact layout. The better facing ones are actually not the ppol facing as you get the road noise.

Komo
29-11-12, 08:27
road noise not so bad lah .... considered good already. area also quite atas. not many bad things to talk about so thread very quiet?:D

kane
29-11-12, 12:56
road noise not so bad lah .... considered good already. area also quite atas. not many bad things to talk about so thread very quiet?:D

Area is atas, but blocks are stackred pretty close and near the road. There is a bus stop right in fromt of it. Makes the noise level worse.

peterlee
30-11-12, 08:31
The name sounds like Salah.... Wrong.

kane
20-01-13, 00:20
been a while since i checked out this project. surprise surprise, some buyer went to set a record in this project in November.

THE SCALA SERANGOON AVENUE 3 Apartment 1 1,600,000 1,098 Strata 1,457 Nov-12

looks like a 3 bed, and for $1.6mio. ouch.

DC33_2008
20-01-13, 10:11
How is the progress here? Should be TOP around the corner as it launch before Minton.

kane
20-01-13, 10:46
Looks like the might TOP at year end.

DC33_2008
20-01-13, 10:58
Older FH development around that area is not bad. :rolleyes:
Looks like the might TOP at year end.

kane
20-01-13, 11:02
It's good. But all pretty pricey. Hard to find gems.

Ricade
21-01-13, 19:13
i am just randomly quoting without checking prices.. but maybe its better to get goldenhill condo.. FH and seems like quite good FS in that place..

kane
21-01-13, 22:07
i am just randomly quoting without checking prices.. but maybe its better to get goldenhill condo.. FH and seems like quite good FS in that place..

yes, that and The Chuan.

Komo
22-01-13, 20:25
that one fengshui not so good lah :D

kane
22-01-13, 20:27
What about the fengshui there. Is it because someone drowned there?

phantom_opera
30-01-13, 21:02
2013-01-11 #XX-XX SUB SALE 474st 1,457psf 690,000 HDB

kane
30-01-13, 21:34
2013-01-11 #XX-XX SUB SALE 474st 1,457psf 690,000 HDB

what was the cost?

phantom_opera
01-03-13, 21:14
2013-02-18 #XX-XX 474 1,533psf 2010-08-16 1,335 93,852 917 5.7

record psf of 1533psf

kane
01-03-13, 22:49
make some money. the scala plot feels kinda tight for the amount of blocks they are planting there. are they nearing TOP? haven't drove pass their in a while.

phantom_opera
26-04-13, 15:29
2013-04-15 #XX-XX 474 1,501 2010-08-24 1,246 120,870 965 7.3

enough to go holidays :p

Pikachu1245
27-04-13, 12:52
2013-04-15 #XX-XX 474 1,501 2010-08-24 1,246 120,870 965 7.3

enough to go holidays :p

$120870 can go 10 separate long holiday for 2 person
or 5 separate long holiday for family of 4 assuming $5000 per person.
Shiok and can promote family life which is what garmen encourage
lol

Chesterseow
13-05-13, 18:25
Any one here knows when is scala going to TOP?

phantom_opera
04-06-13, 14:32
2013-05-22 #XX-XX 958 1,263psf 2010-08-20 878psf 368,830 1,006 14.1

end 2010 still can make decent money, 14.1% pa

kane
04-06-13, 23:43
I remember when was i there during the first weekend, the response was so so. But i thougght their psf was over 1k?

phantom_opera
30-07-13, 13:49
this guy bought so high can still squeeze a little profit

16 JUL 2013 136 SERANGOON AVENUE 3 #XX-XX 484 1,548psf 26 AUG 2010 1,375psf 83,732 1,055d 4.2%

bought at 1,375psf, sold at record psf of 1,548psf

azeoprop
06-01-14, 15:58
Rather high subsale psf! :scared-3:

THE SCALA SERANGOON AVENUE 3 Apartment 19 OCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2010 1 770,000 474 Strata 11 to 15 1,626 Dec-13
THE SCALA SERANGOON AVENUE 3 Apartment 19 OCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2010 1 775,000 592 Strata 01 to 05 1,309 Dec-13
THE SCALA SERANGOON AVENUE 3 Apartment 19 OCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2010 1 816,000 484 Strata 11 to 15 1,685 Nov-13
THE SCALA SERANGOON AVENUE 3 Apartment 19 OCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2010 1 1,480,000 1,044 Strata 16 to 20 1,417 Nov-13
THE SCALA SERANGOON AVENUE 3 Apartment 19 OCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2010 1 1,212,000 850 Strata 11 to 15 1,425 Oct-13
THE SCALA SERANGOON AVENUE 3 Apartment 19 OCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2010 1 766,000 474 Strata 06 to 10 1,617 Oct-13
THE SCALA SERANGOON AVENUE 3 Apartment 19 OCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2010 1 800,000 474 Strata 01 to 05 1,689 Sep-13
THE SCALA SERANGOON AVENUE 3 Apartment 19 OCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2010 1 775,000 474 Strata 16 to 20 1,636 Sep-13
THE SCALA SERANGOON AVENUE 3 Apartment 19 OCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2010 1 780,000 484 Strata 06 to 10 1,610 Sep-13
THE SCALA SERANGOON AVENUE 3 Apartment 19 OCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2010 1 758,000 474 Strata 06 to 10 1,600 Sep-13
THE SCALA SERANGOON AVENUE 3 Apartment 19 OCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2010 1 1,228,000 904 Strata 06 to 10 1,358 Sep-13
THE SCALA SERANGOON AVENUE 3 Apartment 19 OCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2010 1 1,210,000 850 Strata 16 to 20 1,423 Sep-13

cavaliver
06-01-14, 17:05
All the 1 bedded was fully sold out during the first day of prelaunch. My agent balloted for me but failed to get a unit.:banghead:

kane
06-01-14, 23:33
haven't followed this project in a while, has it TOPed yet?

edmundlee.pty
14-01-14, 18:27
The Scala Condo

Development : The Scala

Property Type : Condominium

Developer: Hong Leong Holdings

Tenure: 99 year Leasehold

Completion Date: 2014

Numbers of block: 5

Numbers of units: 468

Facilties:

Swimming Pool, Club House, Tennis court, basket ball court, bbq pits, gym, function room, playground, jogging tracks and Jacuzzi.

Nearby Amenities:

Stone throw to Lorong Chuan Mrt, Nex Shopping Mall, International School & Nanyang Junior College

Contact Edmund @ 8686 7428 for more details

www.facebook.com/edmundlee.pty (http://www.facebook.com/edmundlee.pty)

Visit edmundleepty.wix.com/thescala (http://edmundleepty.wix.com/thescala) for floor plan & additional info.

edmundlee.pty
07-03-14, 11:42
Check out more info of the scala (http://www.thescalacondominium.com)

Kenshinto80
08-03-14, 04:54
Check out more info of the scala (http://www.thescalacondominium.com)
Wow...super expensive asking price by sellers. $1450psf to $1500psf. Prospective buyers looking ard the area should just consider buying Sky Vue or Sky Habitat. Better location.

fireflyy
08-03-14, 08:13
Wow...super expensive asking price by sellers. $1450psf to $1500psf. Prospective buyers looking ard the area should just consider buying Sky Vue or Sky Habitat. Better location.

When they were launched, how much was it selling back then?

rymccondo77
08-03-14, 10:04
When they were launched, how much was it selling back then?

Check out a past review of The Scala:

http://sgproptalk.blogspot.sg/2010/08/scala-review.html

Taken from the review:

Price-wise, we were told that all the 1-bedders were picked up after the first day of public launch at prices of $1400 - $1500psf! Here are sample of prices for units that are still available as of Sunday:

• #14-12, 3-Bedroom (1044sqft): $1,217,500 or $1166psf
(* This unit faces the City/Marina Bay area)

• #14-04, 2+Study (904sqft): $1,074,800 or $1189psf
(* This unit faces Serangoon Garden/landed homes in Mei Hwan Heights)

nickq
06-04-14, 12:51
passed by yesterday. looked very nice.

phantom_opera
13-04-14, 21:10
still make $$

26 FEB 2014 130 SERANGOON AVENUE 3 #XX-XX 474 1,689psf 20 AUG 2010 1,414psf 130,350 1,286 5.2

chanel
07-05-14, 16:47
After TOP, more than 300 units of Scala for sale or rental despite near to MRT & schools. Wonder why not many house owners, is the Feng Shui there good or bad. Property agents going all out to market it, if cannot get buyers or tenants, it will become a ghost town.