PDA

View Full Version : 368 Thomson (D11, Freehold, CDL)

Pages : [1] 2

anthony
09-06-10, 20:56
For Sale - CONCORDE RESIDENCES BEST VVIP PRICES DISTRICT 11 D (D11)

Price on Ask | 689 sqft (64 sqm) | 2 beds | 1 baths
CONCORDE RESIDENCES. CONCORDE RESIDENCES. THE CONCORDE. CONCORDE. THE CONCORDE. CONCORDE. CONCORDE RESIDENCES. D11. FOR THE BEST VVIP VVIP BEST PRICES $$$. and Premium selection of first choice units and good facings. DIRECT DEVELOPER SALES TEAM : ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR: 92375839
We sincerely and humbly wish you good health , success and fortune.

Thank you very much.

DISTRICT 11. D11. FREEHOLD. NEW LAUNCH. THE CONCORDE. CONCORDE RESIDENCES. CONCORDE. CONCORDE. THE CONCORDE. CONCORDE RESIDENCES.
CONCORDE. THE CONCORDE. CONCORDE.

No. Of Unit : 158 well sized units

Tenure : Freehold

Site Area: 34,092 sqft

Address: 368, Thomson Road S298130

District: 11 (Prime Thomson Area)

TOP : Estimated 2015
CONCORDE RESIDENCES. CONCORDE RESIDENCES. THE CONCORDE. CONCORDE. DISTRICT 11. D11. FREEHOLD. NEW LAUNCH.

Developer : CDL (City Development Limited) Award Winning Developer!

No Of Storey : 36

Unit Type:
--------------
1+Study 689 sqft
2 bdrm 872sqft
2 Bedroom 883 sqft
3 bdrm 1302 sqft
4 bdrm 1722 sqft
PentHouses 3391 sqft

Lifestyle Facilites:
----------------------
1) Thermal Jet Pool
2) Swimming Pool
3) Children's Pool
4) BBQ Area
5) Alcove Seats
6) Gym
7) Clubhouse
8) Steam rooms
9) Playground
10) Fitness Corner
11) Walking lawn
12) Eco garden

DISTRICT 11. D11. FREEHOLD. NEW LAUNCH.

CONCORDE RESIDENCES. CONCORDE RESIDENCES. THE CONCORDE. CONCORDE. FOR THE BEST VVIP VVIP BEST PRICES $$$. DIRECT DEVELOPER SALES TEAM : SENIOR ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR:: 92375839. DISTRICT 11. D11. FREEHOLD. NEW LAUNCH. DISTRICT 11. D11.

FOR THE BEST VVIP VVIP BEST PRICES $$$.

DIRECT DEVELOPER SALES TEAM :
SENIOR ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR:
: 92375839.

Thank you very much.

EBD
10-06-10, 20:06
Sounds very exclusive for VVIP....... who apparently can be found anonymously on the web via forum spam. :doh:

For Sale - CONCORDE RESIDENCES BEST VVIP PRICES DISTRICT 11 D (D11)

Price on Ask | 689 sqft (64 sqm) | 2 beds | 1 baths
CONCORDE RESIDENCES. CONCORDE RESIDENCES. THE CONCORDE. CONCORDE. THE CONCORDE. CONCORDE. CONCORDE RESIDENCES. D11. FOR THE BEST VVIP VVIP BEST PRICES $$$. and Premium selection of first choice units and good facings. DIRECT DEVELOPER SALES TEAM : ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR: 92375839

Thank you very much.

DISTRICT 11. D11. FREEHOLD. NEW LAUNCH. THE CONCORDE. CONCORDE RESIDENCES. CONCORDE. CONCORDE. THE CONCORDE. CONCORDE RESIDENCES.
CONCORDE. THE CONCORDE. CONCORDE.

No. Of Unit : 158 well sized units

Tenure : Freehold

Site Area: 34,092 sqft

Address: 368, Thomson Road S298130

District: 11 (Prime Thomson Area)

TOP : Estimated 2015
CONCORDE RESIDENCES. CONCORDE RESIDENCES. THE CONCORDE. CONCORDE. DISTRICT 11. D11. FREEHOLD. NEW LAUNCH.

Developer : CDL (City Development Limited) Award Winning Developer!

No Of Storey : 36

Unit Type:
--------------
1+Study 689 sqft
2 bdrm 872sqft
2 Bedroom 883 sqft
3 bdrm 1302 sqft
4 bdrm 1722 sqft
PentHouses 3391 sqft

Lifestyle Facilites:
----------------------
1) Thermal Jet Pool
2) Swimming Pool
3) Children's Pool
4) BBQ Area
5) Alcove Seats
6) Gym
7) Clubhouse
8) Steam rooms
9) Playground
10) Fitness Corner
11) Walking lawn
12) Eco garden

DISTRICT 11. D11. FREEHOLD. NEW LAUNCH.

CONCORDE RESIDENCES. CONCORDE RESIDENCES. THE CONCORDE. CONCORDE. FOR THE BEST VVIP VVIP BEST PRICES $$$. DIRECT DEVELOPER SALES TEAM : SENIOR ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR:: 92375839. DISTRICT 11. D11. FREEHOLD. NEW LAUNCH. DISTRICT 11. D11.

DIRECT DEVELOPER SALES TEAM :
SENIOR ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR:
: 92375839.

Thank you very much.

dtrax
10-06-10, 20:47
Estimated about 13xx-15xx psf

sleek
10-06-10, 23:10
Got this pic from FB. :)

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs589.snc3/31071_104070482975192_100001167231934_35847_7790937_n.jpg

devilplate
11-06-10, 01:14
is this the one beside cube 8?

suddenly tat area become 13xx to 15xxpsf!:scared-4:

den i tink sky@11 worth 1800psf!

the facade looks nice though:D

teddybear
11-06-10, 08:27
Don't understand your logic. This Concorde nearer to Novena & Orchard & much more convenient should be worth less than Sky@11 which is further away from Orchard & in Toa Payoh & much more inconvenient? Even if you build a palace-like facade in Woodlands, don't think you can call that a "palace"? :D
If sky@11 transacts at $13xx psf, then this one sure >$14xx psf!

is this the one beside cube 8?

suddenly tat area become 13xx to 15xxpsf!:scared-4:

den i tink sky@11 worth 1800psf!

the facade looks nice though:D

bargain hunter
11-06-10, 08:51
sky 11 also has big big units and this one, smaller units. given the current trend, bigger units tend to have at least a slight discount in psf vs smaller ones.

Don't understand your logic. This Concorde nearer to Novena & Orchard & much more convenient should be worth less than Sky@11 which is further away from Orchard & in Toa Payoh & much more inconvenient? Even if you build a palace-like facade in Woodlands, don't think you can call that a "palace"? :D
If sky@11 transacts at $13xx psf, then this one sure >$14xx psf!

teddybear
11-06-10, 09:04
Wah! Like that Concorde looking at $15xx psf already! :p

sky 11 also has big big units and this one, smaller units. given the current trend, bigger units tend to have at least a slight discount in psf vs smaller ones.

bargain hunter
11-06-10, 09:09
well 13xx to 15xxpsf estimated mah, depending on size. considering all the factors, that makes toa payoh sky 11 slightly overvalued at 1400psf. :) SPH big hoo-ha TOP sky 11 also make so many press releases and hold ceremony. :doh:

Wah! Like that Concorde looking at $15xx psf already! :p

wesing
11-06-10, 09:25
Drove pass the site at night in the last couple of days. Noticed bustling activities at the are the area which they used for the Cube 8 showroom. Must be trying to setup the new showroom in time for launch later this month? A pic of this project (same as the one posted) had also been put up at the gate entrance to Concorde Residences.

Apparently, the project is called "THE CONCORDE". Site map and floor plans are available at http://www.sghomepreview.com/concorde-residences.html.

devilplate
11-06-10, 09:44
this area is always been 'undervalued' if u based on amenities and distance to novena and city

however, its very near to balestier..or u can even say its in balestier although having D11 status. sames goes to joo chiat and geylang and little india. some ppl have been shouting how come their condos in parc emily and sohpia vicinity is undervalued

personal preference....i will definitely value sky11 more den this project

devilplate
11-06-10, 09:49
after some thought, if this project worth 1500psf as u guys favour this one over sky11 which is transacting 13xxpsf....den we shd take a look at projects like M21/zedge area....much much nearer to walk to novena....but if H10N10 hits, tat area r gone...:D

wesing
11-06-10, 10:07
Even thought it occupies the former site of Concorde Residences, Balestier Court and Bright Building, it is strange that the site area of The Concorde 60,556 sq ft is much smaller than Cube 8's 72,587 sq ft.

There is no tennis court (which is no big deal) and also no Sky Terraces which is found in Cube 8?

Also dunno how many parking spaces are there.

One thing I dun like about this project is that due to the orientaiton, all the units will receive a fair bit of sunlight.

Wonder whether it could sell higher than the average transacted psf of $1286 achieved for Cube 8 when 167 out of 177 units were sold in Jan 2010?

If it can go at between $1300-1500 psf as estimated by a few here, it will certainly make Cube 8 a good buy.

devilplate
11-06-10, 10:23
well 13xx to 15xxpsf estimated mah, depending on size. considering all the factors, that makes toa payoh sky 11 slightly overvalued at 1400psf. :) SPH big hoo-ha TOP sky 11 also make so many press releases and hold ceremony. :doh:

but i love sky11...mabe tats y i slightly bias on my preference....having said tat, i do not own a unit at sky!!!:o miss the last 2nd golden chance to own one unit there last yr...the boat of no return :(

very hard to find single loading with 270degree view in SG oredi! i am refering to those corner units

bargain hunter
11-06-10, 10:24
Personally, of course I favour Sky 11 over this project. :) i just feel that this is not what the market thinks because of the preference for more digestable units. :ashamed1:

after some thought, if this project worth 1500psf as u guys favour this one over sky11 which is transacting 13xxpsf....den we shd take a look at projects like M21/zedge area....much much nearer to walk to novena....but if H10N10 hits, tat area r gone...:D

devilplate
11-06-10, 10:42
Personally, of course I favour Sky 11 over this project. :) i just feel that this is not what the market thinks because of the preference for more digestable units. :ashamed1:

quite sad right...reality bites

i remember sky11 was fully sold within smthing like 3xhrs...hope my memory dun fails me.

lets see the corny project name iliv@grange can make a hit with their huge sizes and psf

teddybear
11-06-10, 13:14
If H10N10 hits, that areas residents the safest to guarantee a place for recovery because they can rushed to TTSH first. those late too bad, die outside with no proper medical care and spread to family members, neighbours, relatives and friends etc. :p
Same for those who got heart attack there over those having heart attack in Sentosa (for e.g. or East Coast, stuck in bad traffic jam trying to get to get to hospital). :ashamed1:

bargain hunter
11-06-10, 14:00
dun think so anymore lor. u r right about the sky 11 sell out. check out speech and other big hoo-ha TOP announcements below. :doh: it says within 30 hours wor. LOL

http://info.sgx.com/webcoranncatth.nsf/VwAttachments/Att_119636F9D9887A134825773C0006C027/$file/ChairmanspeechforSkyEleven.pdf

http://info.sgx.com/webcoranncatth.nsf/VwAttachments/Att_E6BB5166B347BB374825773B00832065/$file/Annoucement.pdf?openelement

i think combination of high psf with high sq ft is still difficult to sell at this moment, much as corny name is unique. :) actually its alright, there will come a time when high sq ft and high psf can go together again, just that it will take quite awhile more.

quite sad right...reality bites

i remember sky11 was fully sold within smthing like 3xhrs...hope my memory dun fails me.

lets see the corny project name iliv@grange can make a hit with their huge sizes and psf

azeoprop
11-06-10, 14:49
Thanks for the link to the floor plan. Somehow it is missing the fancy sky gardens and spa of cube 8. The layout is rather conventional as well.

:beats-me-man:

Wild Falcon
13-06-10, 16:40
North South West East also got hospital lah. And such deadly outbreak is usually a slower death and highly contagious - i.e. spread to multiple people before dying, that's why so dangerous. Remember SARS? The nurses at TTSH got the disease and died - it was also spread to numerous people. The death toll was like 30 in Singapore alone? TTSH is a communicable disease center which means all the spreading will happen near the area because all those infected are concentrated in the area. Higher probablity of catching such deadly outbreak.

If H10N10 hits, that areas residents the safest to guarantee a place for recovery because they can rushed to TTSH first. those late too bad, die outside with no proper medical care and spread to family members, neighbours, relatives and friends etc. :p
Same for those who got heart attack there over those having heart attack in Sentosa (for e.g. or East Coast, stuck in bad traffic jam trying to get to get to hospital). :ashamed1:

devilplate
13-06-10, 16:49
teddybear is obviously trying to be funny and joking la:doh:

wesing
14-06-10, 17:37
Just found out that this project got 170 parking lots on 3 levels (B1, 1st & 2nd level) against 157 units.

Better than Cube 8 with 177 parkings lots against 177 units.

teddybear
14-06-10, 23:56
Wrong. Do you know how many actually live in the area around TTSH who caught the virus vs those who are outside the area? Including the nurses, they live outside the area (they can't even afford to live in that area). They only go around other places they live spreading around (other than TTSH compound). :p

It is a fact that people who live far from the main thorough-fare hospital with complete in-house facilities are more likely to die from heart-attack, and to suffer from more permanent and irrecoverable damage from stroke & heart-attack because of the travelling distance to get to the hospital from their home (their survival rate and recoverable probability is inversely proportional to the time needed to reach the hospital).

North South West East also got hospital lah. And such deadly outbreak is usually a slower death and highly contagious - i.e. spread to multiple people before dying, that's why so dangerous. Remember SARS? The nurses at TTSH got the disease and died - it was also spread to numerous people. The death toll was like 30 in Singapore alone? TTSH is a communicable disease center which means all the spreading will happen near the area because all those infected are concentrated in the area. Higher probablity of catching such deadly outbreak.

devilplate
15-06-10, 00:05
teddybear: soleil suits u...hhh

azeoprop
15-06-10, 09:54
teddybear: soleil suits u...hhh

Choice units still available, grab yours now. Live to a ripe old age. :D

Sinclone
15-06-10, 22:00
Call 6100 8090 for cheque submission now. Iconic development with spectacular view. Good project to embark on

More info can be found http://www.propertylaunch.sg/Singapore%20Property%20New%20Launch/Thomson%20Road.php

azeoprop
20-06-10, 23:33
So when is the preview? :beats-me-man:

wesing
23-06-10, 09:17
Drove past the site this morning. The showroom seems to be ready when I looked from the outside.

Think preview could be on Friday July 2. Or could it be earlier like this coming Friday June 25?:beats-me-man: :beats-me-man:

bargain hunter
23-06-10, 10:36
According to Kim Eng Research this morning, they understand that it could possibly be launched around end june.

so maybe 30th june to 2 july preview? :)

Wild Falcon
24-06-10, 14:04
Aiyoh. That is so lame lah. Those nurses caught their SARS at TTSH area lah. Goodness me. They may move around, but it doesn't change the fact they caught their viruses at the hospital where they are most exposed to the virus. Whatever. No point discussing this. We're talking about RISK - which area has higher risk - that's all. Of course the disease center will have the highest risk of catching any outbreak lah. But whether people will catch it or not is another matter.

If living around disease center is such an important consideration, how come none of the brochures go around marketing these projects are surrounded by hospitals and the largest disease center 1 and disease center 2 in Singapore? Just think about it.

Wrong. Do you know how many actually live in the area around TTSH who caught the virus vs those who are outside the area? Including the nurses, they live outside the area (they can't even afford to live in that area). They only go around other places they live spreading around (other than TTSH compound). :p

It is a fact that people who live far from the main thorough-fare hospital with complete in-house facilities are more likely to die from heart-attack, and to suffer from more permanent and irrecoverable damage from stroke & heart-attack because of the travelling distance to get to the hospital from their home (their survival rate and recoverable probability is inversely proportional to the time needed to reach the hospital).

eng81157
24-06-10, 15:27
i could still remember visiting the showroom at The Arte a year ago and the psf for a 3BR was ranging between $800-$900+

a year later, located about a minute's drive away, we have this development priced at a premium of at least 60%.

moral of the story - propertism rules and kicks ass!!!

teddybear
24-06-10, 15:44
Sure, in the disease centre you have highest chance of catching the disease. Outside of the centre, it is where the nurses' home are and hang around that will determine how many people they get into contact with and who they spread to. Fortunately or unfortunately these nurses usually don't live in that neighbourhood as they can't afford it anyway. They are more likely to be spreading in some HDB / mass market housing estates. If there are diseases that can spread from human to human (and when that can happen it is material where you are such as SARS which can spread to HK, US, SG, everywhere). :scared-3:
On the other hand, if you have any other emergency, staying close to hospitals will save your life and you from permanent disabilities. That is a fact (regardless of whether you want to accept or not). :D

Aiyoh. That is so lame lah. Those nurses caught their SARS at TTSH area lah. Goodness me. They may move around, but it doesn't change the fact they caught their viruses at the hospital where they are most exposed to the virus. Whatever. No point discussing this. We're talking about RISK - which area has higher risk - that's all. Of course the disease center will have the highest risk of catching any outbreak lah. But whether people will catch it or not is another matter.

If living around disease center is such an important consideration, how come none of the brochures go around marketing these projects are surrounded by hospitals and the largest disease center 1 and disease center 2 in Singapore? Just think about it.

maisonjai
24-06-10, 16:53
Fortunately or unfortunately these nurses usually don't live in that neighbourhood as they can't afford it anyway.

wah, if a pretty nurse married a rich surgeon leh?

On the other hand, if you have any other emergency, staying close to hospitals will save your life and you from permanent disabilities. That is a fact (regardless of whether you want to accept or not). :D

this i agreed:), life is more previous when ppl hv multiple ppty.

Wild Falcon
24-06-10, 20:00
A lot of the foreign nurses (most nurses are foreign) rent in the neighbouhood and not far away in Changi :) - a few of them could rent a unit.

Stop being lame. I've nothing against Soleil or the condos around the Communicable Disease Centers. I'm just stating staying near Communicable Disease Center is a MINUS point. Every project has plus and minus points - no need to get so defensive right? As long as the good points overwhelm the bad points, it's ok. There's no need to keep arguing that everyone loves staying near disease center and it is a PLUS point - it sounds really lame. I'm sure there are other redeeming features that makes this location attractive - no need to keep harping how everyone loves to stay near disease center.

Sure, in the disease centre you have highest chance of catching the disease. Outside of the centre, it is where the nurses' home are and hang around that will determine how many people they get into contact with and who they spread to. Fortunately or unfortunately these nurses usually don't live in that neighbourhood as they can't afford it anyway. They are more likely to be spreading in some HDB / mass market housing estates. If there are diseases that can spread from human to human (and when that can happen it is material where you are such as SARS which can spread to HK, US, SG, everywhere). :scared-3:

azeoprop
24-06-10, 20:04
Anyway the old CDC will be moving away soon. The land is zoned for residential use. :beats-me-man:

teddybear
24-06-10, 22:33
Don't understand your logic here. I am saying good points about staying near hospitals in Novena area and you start saying about the communicable disease centre near TTSH and that it is bad to live nearby there. I said the nurses can't afford to stay in the novena area and hence CDC & their nurses doesn't affect Novena area and you are now telling me that foreign nurses in Changi rent in the neighourhood and not far away in Changi? What has CDC to do with Changi?
When did I said people like to live near disease centre? I only said people like to stay near hospitals especially the Novena area with TTSH and Novena Medical Centre and up & coming Parkway Novena Hospital, that is why the private property prices there are so much more expensive than else where. Another good example is the property prices in Cairnhill around Mt Elizabeth Hospital which are also more expensive compared to those along Kiliney Road in Orchard. I said Apple & you said Orange. Who is the one barking up the wrong tree? :doh: By the way, the CDC nearby still doesn't affect the prices in Novena & Newton! You sour grape want to talk down the price there to buy cheap cheap is it? :tongue3:

A lot of the foreign nurses (most nurses are foreign) rent in the neighbouhood and not far away in Changi :) - a few of them could rent a unit.

Stop being lame. I've nothing against Soleil or the condos around the Communicable Disease Centers. I'm just stating staying near Communicable Disease Center is a MINUS point. Every project has plus and minus points - no need to get so defensive right? As long as the good points overwhelm the bad points, it's ok. There's no need to keep arguing that everyone loves staying near disease center and it is a PLUS point - it sounds really lame. I'm sure there are other redeeming features that makes this location attractive - no need to keep harping how everyone loves to stay near disease center.

Wild Falcon
24-06-10, 23:34
Read through the thread. It started with H10N10 (its a communicable disease ok?) and about rushing to the disease center in TTSH first. Obviously there are hospitals everywhere lah - but there is only one disease center handling the likes of SARS and H1N1. For goodness sake. I would like to think like others that you're just kidding but looks like you have no credibility.

Read your own post below. I didn't even say it's a bad area. It's just when someone mention about diseases, you started about how much you love to be able to go TTSH when you get H10N10. Whatever, you're written off - no credibility.

teddybear
25-06-10, 00:08
Ok lah, we all know who has better credibility. :scared-1:
The one who keep harping about the CDC and how bad it is to be staying near the CDC and started about H10N10 spreading in Singapore?? :tongue3:
Never mind, regardless of what you said, the private property prices around the CDC is still going up. Give up your desperate attempt lah!

Read through the thread. It started with H10N10 (its a communicable disease ok?) and about rushing to the disease center in TTSH first. Obviously there are hospitals everywhere lah - but there is only one disease center handling the likes of SARS and H1N1. For goodness sake. I would like to think like others that you're just kidding but looks like you have no credibility.

Read your own post below. I didn't even say it's a bad area. It's just when someone mention about diseases, you started about how much you love to be able to go TTSH when you get H10N10. Whatever, you're written off - no credibility.

teddybear
25-06-10, 00:49
BTW, move where?

Anyway the old CDC will be moving away soon. The land is zoned for residential use. :beats-me-man:

trump7
25-06-10, 04:40

Of course, when Novena price increase much, sure government will move away this CDC and lease this huge land to take big profit. No point holding this CDC in such Prime area. That`s matter of time.

Actually Novena is the only place in Prime which has large empty and undeveloped government owned-land. They were all zoned for residential use in MaterPlan.
There will be quite huge project which will push up all nearby Novena house prices.

trump7
25-06-10, 04:55
When I rented out my unit in Novena area, people were from nearly 10 different countries, and when I said there were number of hospitals nearby, almost everybody felt relieved and safe, and some japanese and Aussy people were even happy!!
What they only cared is how far from Novena MRT.

Most of condo in Novena area are chosen for investment purpose, and this area is best for that. That`s why house prices are keeping up & up.

If you don`t believe, visit malls in Novena on Sunday afternoon, then you know how much ambience was changed. It is so brisk and fun and nothign with hospital things! A lot of activities are organized by malls every weekends, like Sports, Concert and Performances!:scared-4:
You got no chances to bump into those hanging-out Filipinoes, but will see people so relaxed drinking day-beer outside of Harry`s bar.

wesing
25-06-10, 13:44
According to Kim Eng Research this morning, they understand that it could possibly be launched around end june.

so maybe 30th june to 2 july preview? :)

A Business Times article dated June 25 stated the following:

"And within a few weeks, City Developments is expected to soft-launch 368 Thomson on the former Concorde Residence site. Prices in the 26-storey freehold development are expected to range from $1,300-$1,500 psf."

So I think it will be launched sometime in July now.

Passed-by the site this morning and saw the lights in the show-room were turned-on. The exterior of the show-suite looked pretty much a finished product.

bargain hunter
25-06-10, 14:35
yeah, i read this BT article which also mentioned today's preview of waterfront gold. maybe if city dev see response is good will launch it next week afterall. :)

A Business Times article dated June 25 stated the following:

"And within a few weeks, City Developments is expected to soft-launch 368 Thomson on the former Concorde Residence site. Prices in the 26-storey freehold development are expected to range from $1,300-$1,500 psf."

So I think it will be launched sometime in July now.

Passed-by the site this morning and saw the lights in the show-room were turned-on. The exterior of the show-suite looked pretty much a finished product.

bargain hunter
26-06-10, 12:15
seems like preview is on 8th july. 2 weeks to go.

DC33_2008
26-06-10, 12:27
This development is partially shielded by the traffic noise from the PIE by Cube 8. It is quite well design with the carpark block acting as a buffer between the residential block and the neighbouring block. This is worth looking at, I think.

maisonjai
26-06-10, 13:33
anyone here doing the guessing game agian.

how long will it take to reach 'sold out' status?

wesing
28-06-10, 10:58
The Business Times reported today (June 28) that developers of Waterfront Gold had sold, as at Sunday June 27, 68 of the 150 units launched. Nothing was specifically mentioned on the average price achieved from these 68 units. Again, it was stated that the project is priced at $950 psf on average.

The cheapest unit sold was about $555,000 for a 581 sq ft one-bedder on the 2nd level. The two penthouses released were sold at an average price of about $1,025 psf or $2.1 million each.

Wonder whether CDL will proceed to launch The Concorde next week after knowing the sales results of Waterfront Gold?

bargain hunter
28-06-10, 11:03
i think they will still try to preview on 8th July. afterall, huttons agents are claiming cheques flowing in and "in the form of ballot" hahaha :doh:

The Business Times reported today (June 28) that developers of Waterfront Gold had sold, as at Sunday June 27, 68 of the 150 units launched. Nothing was specifically mentioned on the average price achieved from these 68 units. Again, it was stated that the project is priced at $950 psf on average.

The cheapest unit sold was about $555,000 for a 581 sq ft one-bedder on the 2nd level. The two penthouses released were sold at an average price of about $1,025 psf or $2.1 million each.

Wonder whether CDL will proceed to launch The Concorde next week after knowing the sales results of Waterfront Gold?

bargain hunter
28-06-10, 11:09
also, last weekend still school holidays mah, july is the time to whack out all the launches before chinese seventh month. they will be happy even if they sell 50 or 60 units.

wesing
28-06-10, 11:30
Are they going to ballot the "Treehouse" style which I still do not understand how was it? Someone told me that potential buyers had to ballot for the unit they had shortlisted. How to conduct and manage this type of balloting man!?!

Or the VVIPs just ballot to see who get into the showroom first as in the case of Cube 8?

bargain hunter
28-06-10, 11:40
i am not sure, could be either way. but firstly, are u sure balloting is needed? :)

i think the treehouse style is, supposing more than 1 buyer indicated interest for a particular unit, they will ballot for that particular unit? put in all the cheques into a box and conduct lucky draw.

Are they going to ballot the "Treehouse" style which I still do not understand how was it? Someone told me that potential buyers had to ballot for the unit they had shortlisted. How to conduct and manage this type of balloting man!?!

Or the VVIPs just ballot to see who get into the showroom first as in the case of Cube 8?

Wild Falcon
28-06-10, 12:51
Huttons very "hiong" one. Treehouse is ballot-to-queue which is to see who go into the showflat first - similar to 76 Shenton. And cheques have to be submitted in order to go into the balloting box. This should be using the same method. Typical Huttons style :)

wesing
28-06-10, 13:10
i am not sure, could be either way. but firstly, are u sure balloting is needed? :)

Full agreed. Logically should not require balloting under the current demand situation.

But then market, in particular, the buyers may not necessarily behave in a logical manner!:doh:

Victor14
28-06-10, 17:03
Huttons very "hiong" one. Treehouse is ballot-to-queue which is to see who go into the showflat first - similar to 76 Shenton. And cheques have to be submitted in order to go into the balloting box. This should be using the same method. Typical Huttons style :)

I agree and disagree to the statement.. Certain projects really needed to submit in order for 'securing'. This method is used by every agent.. Not only huttons.. Don get me wrong.. i am not from huttons though i am an agt too but i have to say this in favour for the agency. Every marketing agency will use this tactic.. But those gd projects really need cheques to submit for 'securing' yr choice units.. As most known, pte properties buyers who make profit normally are those VVIP preview when early bird discount comes in handy.. :)

DKSG
28-06-10, 17:29
Balloting is one of the best marketing manoevre invented in modern property sales!

Agents convince people to just put in a cheque to go into the showflat, dont buy its ok one. This is true.

BUT BUT BUT! once there are enough of these "put in cheques only" people, it inevitably form a queue which agents can then brag to each other and their clients of the "demand".

I once went to a recent "enter by cheque" showflat. Got in, took my time to look see. Overhear agent telling this poor uncle "your #10-03 got people very interested, you want to quickly book first then see showflat?" Uncle panicked and quickly followed the agent to do up the option! And the end of the whole affair, the development collected more than 170 cheques for abt 100 units released .. and guess what ? only sold less than 30 units ...

Seasoned players know when to buy, but I do pity the amatuers who fall prey to such gimmicks. I really think the government should step in to allow these poor buyers a "cooling off period" of say 1 week to allow them to return the option and get a refund. Those who qualify are 1) First time buyer 2) People who have not bought a private property for the last 3 years 3) People who qualify under the Lehman Brothers refund scheme also can.

Just sharing my thoughts, while agents are busy earning that $5-10K, do they ever think that the buyers are undertaking a lifetime risk ? Usually they dont.

So, invest with care!

DKSG

DC33_2008
02-07-10, 10:02
Looks much better than the Arte.

http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m356/DC33_2008/CDLThomson-1.jpg

http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m356/DC33_2008/CDLThomson.png

devilplate
02-07-10, 10:33
land quite big but no tennis court...

wesing
02-07-10, 11:11

No sky terraces also. Thought these are the IN things now for new developments.

wesing
06-07-10, 11:13
Saw from the ST Classified Ads today that preview will be 3 days from now. So the preview is on Thur or Friday:doh: :doh:

bargain hunter
06-07-10, 11:25
A hutton's email i received, "368 Thomson by CDL has set a confirm date that the preview will be on 9 July 2010. Cheque submission cut off will be on 8 July 3pm." :doh: :doh: :doh: u are right on both days. :D

Saw from the ST Classified Ads today that preview will be 3 days from now. So the preview is on Thur or Friday:doh: :doh:

wesing
06-07-10, 11:32
Let's see whether CDL can sell all the 1 & 2-bedder over the weekend:beats-me-man: :beats-me-man:

For Cube 8, I believed the 1 & 2-bedder were all snapped up on the day of preview.

DC33_2008
06-07-10, 11:48
Let's see whether CDL can sell all the 1 & 2-bedder over the weekend:beats-me-man: :beats-me-man:

For Cube 8, I believed the 1 & 2-bedder were all snapped up on the day of preview.

Design wise - This is better than Cube 8 but too bad no skypark. Sentiment - Not very good due to uncertainty

Design + Sentiment = Sold out?

bargain hunter
06-07-10, 12:55
as usual, anyone going down do keep us updated. :) but i think it would be u since u have already expressed interest in getting one? :)

Design wise - This is better than Cube 8 but too bad no skypark. Sentiment - Not very good due to uncertainty

Design + Sentiment = Sold out?

wesing
06-07-10, 12:57
Despite the negative sentiment and market uncertainty, I think Huttons should have collected many many cheques. Let's wait and see how many of these cheques will turn into purchases:beats-me-man: :beats-me-man:

wesing
06-07-10, 13:02
as usual, anyone going down do keep us updated. :) but i think it would be u since u have already expressed interest in getting one? :)

I will go kaypoh this Friday but only in the late afternoon:D :D :D

bargain hunter
06-07-10, 13:28
that's a good time to go if u r not keen to buy, then can get the latest sales no. after a whole day of snapping up. :)

I will go kaypoh this Friday but only in the late afternoon:D :D :D

cashrich
06-07-10, 13:34
that's a good time to go if u r not keen to buy, then can get the latest sales no. after a whole day of snapping up. :)

Sometimes better ones are available later though more expansive.

mr funny
07-07-10, 18:08
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/news/story/0,4574,393729,00.html?

Published July 7, 2010

UOL, CDL to release condos for preview this week

By KALPANA RASHIWALA

AT least two new condos are expected to be released this week - 368 Thomson and The Terrene @ Bukit Timah.

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/mnt/media/image/launched/2010-07-07/BT_IMAGES_KRRELEASE7.jpg
Terrene: The 999-year leasehold project will have 172 units, ranging from one bedders (starting from 505 sq ft) to five-bedroom penthouses (of up to 3,025 sq ft)

UOL Group and LaSalle Investment Management are jointly developing The Terrene on the former Rainbow Gardens site in the Toh Tuck/Jalan Jurong Kechil area.

The 999-year leasehold, 5-storey project will have 172 units, ranging from one bedders (starting from 506 sq ft) to five-bedroom penthouses (of up to 3,025 sq ft). It will be close to two green lungs - Bukit Timah Nature Reserve and Bukit Batok Nature Park - and about half a kilometre from the Beauty World MRT Station, which is being built.

Prices of typical units are expected to be in the $1,200-1,400 psf range. However, one bedders could touch around $1,500 psf. Ground floor apartments with private enclosed areas could be priced closer to the $1,000 psf mark, BT understands.

In October last year, UOL announced it had taken a half-share in the Rainbow Gardens site, which had been bought by the LaSalle Asia Opportunity II fund in a collective sale a few years earlier.

Terrene is being marketed by Knight Frank and Jones Lang LaSalle.

For UOL, the preview of The Terrene follows the virtual sell-out of its Waterbank at Dakota, a 616-unit condo fronting Geylang River and next to Dakota MRT Station. The 99-year leasehold condo's launch in April was timed with the opening of the station.

Over in the Balestier/Thomson Road area, City Developments Ltd is getting ready to preview 368 Thomson later this week on the former Concorde Residence site.

Prices in the 36-storey freehold development are expected to range from $1,300-1,500 psf. The condo's 157 units range from one-bedders to penthouses, with unit sizes of 689 sq ft to 3,391 sq ft. The project is being marketed by Huttons.

Meanwhile, over in the Bedok Reservoir location, Frasers Centrepoint and Far East Organization have sold 93 of the 150 units released since June 25 at the Waterfront Gold condo. The average price for the 99-year leasehold project is $950 psf. Waterfront Gold comprises 361 units and will be the first condo in Singapore to feature a skypark. This will be on the roof of the 15-storey project.

Property consultants say home sales are still slow, with many potential buyers still glued to the World Cup, which ends in the wee hours of Monday next week. More developers are then expected to begin releasing projects again.

'Buyers will do their homework and evaluation, but the good thing is that the Singapore stock market has still fared relatively better than some overseas markets,' notes DTZ executive director (consulting) Ong Choon Fah.

'The underlying desire to buy a private residential property here is still there among owner occupiers and local investors, as there's still a lot of liquidity. And our market is quite unique, with a large part of our population living in public housing, which provides a natural feed to the private housing market,' she added.

andy
07-07-10, 21:41

I have noticed most of the drawings developers have produced are not to scale.

When I looked at some development brochures you will noticed the condo building itself is rather small compared to the land area. Once they start building the land area disappears and is taken up by most of the condo.

Isn't this misrepresentation?

kane
07-07-10, 21:48
they always say it's not to scale. as long as in your own mind, you know what to expect, and best to just work on that assumption, that they'll max out every sq inch of land...

teddybear
07-07-10, 23:19
What to expect when they can also draw an MRT station and say future MRT station? (when nobody knows whether any will really be built there or nearby or not)? To be fair, it should be proportional (albeit not to exact scale) but what is fairness in this world and do they really care?

I have noticed most of the drawings developers have produced are not to scale.

When I looked at some development brochures you will noticed the condo building itself is rather small compared to the land area. Once they start building the land area disappears and is taken up by most of the condo.

Isn't this misrepresentation?

Black_Knight
08-07-10, 00:26
Can anyone share what is the motivating factors to buy this property for investment? I know there is a hospital nearby..but that seems to be it.
Are there any expected development eg MRT nearby, offices, industrial park etc..What are the chance for rental in this area for foreigners?

Laguna
08-07-10, 11:08
Can anyone share what is the motivating factors to buy this property for investment? I know there is a hospital nearby..but that seems to be it.
Are there any expected development eg MRT nearby, offices, industrial park etc..What are the chance for rental in this area for foreigners?
No motivation to shut about
very bad traffic noise, population, not a walking to distance, very cramp, price too high, land too small:scared-2:

Black_Knight
08-07-10, 11:24
But.... I notice 1-2 bedder at Cube8 was snapped up quite quickly...surely there must be some reason.. anyone has a clue?:confused:

DC33_2008
08-07-10, 11:27
If the price is 1300- 1500psf, one can consider Emerald Garden @ Club Street, a 999LH in District 1 with the new telok ayer mrt stn just 100m away. No traffic noise and walking distance to raffles place.

teddybear
08-07-10, 13:07
Never like places near Chinatown because of its checkered past and still continue to be. Emerald Garden was once so cheap. Will it continue to hold up or slip back again to its older days? Nobody knows. + Emerald Garden building very ugly (although those "traditional chinaman" will say nice! :D
Telok Ayer & Chinatown used to be for 'coolies', never associated with 'class'.

If the price is 1300- 1500psf, one can consider Emerald Garden @ Club Street, a 999LH in District 1 with the new telok ayer mrt stn just 100m away. No traffic noise and walking distance to raffles place.

jencrs
08-07-10, 13:21
Was told that the pricing will be 1200-1400psf.

Preview Releases: 12 Floors of 60 units
1st Phase Released Floors:
- 4th to 8th
- 14th to 16th
- 23rd to 24th
- 30th to 31st

Stack b2 high floor looks quite ok. Because of the slightly curved exterior and orientation, i think should only get partial west sun into the balcony and rooms. Wall facing thomson road, so should block out a bit of noise fm there, and some distance separates it from balestier road.

Floor plan looks ok. A large-ish balcony to me, but some ppl like that. Planter is in balcony, bay windows for both rms, but no household shelter. So a bit of give and take la. Otherwise quite standard.

I'm not too sure about how accessible it is, how easy to get to the expressways. Need to recce a bit. Traffic will be a problem i'm sure.

devilplate
08-07-10, 13:22
Was told that the pricing will be 1200-1400psf.

Preview Releases: 12 Floors of 60 units
1st Phase Released Floors:
- 4th to 8th
- 14th to 16th
- 23rd to 24th
- 30th to 31st

Stack b2 high floor looks quite ok. Because of the slightly curved exterior and orientation, i think should only get partial west sun into the balcony and rooms. Wall facing thomson road, so should block out a bit of noise fm there, and some distance separates it from balestier road.

Floor plan looks ok. A large-ish balcony to me, but some ppl like that. Planter is in balcony, bay windows for both rms, but no household shelter. So a bit of give and take la. Otherwise quite standard.

I'm not too sure about how accessible it is, how easy to get to the expressways. Need to recce a bit. Traffic will be a problem i'm sure.

i rec sms stating prices from 9xxk:scared-1:

wesing
08-07-10, 13:26
But.... I notice 1-2 bedder at Cube8 was snapped up quite quickly...surely there must be some reason.. anyone has a clue?:confused:

Cube 8 was previewed to the public on 22 Jan during probably the height of the MM hype. You are right - all the 1-2 bedders snapped up on the first day of preview launch.

I believed the 3 bedders were sold out by Jan followed by all the 4 bedders in February. Currently, only 3 penthouses remained unsold.

As such, I thinked there was general interest then in Cube 8 besides its MMs. If not, the 3-4 bedders (costing between $1.6-2.6 million each) would not have moved so fast.

devilplate
08-07-10, 13:30
Cube 8 was previewed to the public on 22 Jan during probably the height of the MM hype. You are right - all the 1-2 bedders snapped up on the first day of preview launch.

it has always been a hype of MM units since last yr with alexis started the trend. now MM units still hype. affordability mah

jencrs
08-07-10, 13:32
i rec sms stating prices from 9xxk:scared-1:ya i got the same thing. Say 1+Study 689sqft x 1400psf = $964.6k liao lor.

wesing
08-07-10, 13:37
ya i got the same thing. Say 1+Study 689sqft x 1400psf = $964.6k liao lor.

$1400 psf is for which floor? The lower ones or the upper ones?

devilplate
08-07-10, 13:40
$1400 psf is for which floor? The lower ones or the upper ones?

lowest! 1+study was quoted FROM 1400psf...

i rem cube8 1bedder from 1300psf...but size only 560sqft which is 7xxk....this one 200k quantum difference for a cannot make it study area:D

guys pls go for 368 2bedders....dun waste ur $ on the 1+study:D

jencrs
08-07-10, 13:40
$1400 psf is for which floor? The lower ones or the upper ones?sorry i just agar-ing, not talking abt any specific floor.

cashrich
08-07-10, 13:47
Beware the MM units once they TOP. Too much supply and demand may not be there.

MM units less than $500k are mainly for low class tenants. Geylang D14 etc

MM units between $500k to $750k for middle class tenants

MM units about $750k are for richer tenants.

MM units for self stay?

2 Groups of buyers of MM as 2nd property. 1st property is usually for self stay.

1. With HDB including EC's - not likely they will move in
2. Without HDB, even more unlikely unless it is a new lifestyle.

I would stay away from MM units at all cost unless it is in the heart of the financial district, serviced by MRT.

devilplate
08-07-10, 13:53
Beware the MM units once they TOP. Too much supply and demand may not be there.

MM units less than $500k are mainly for low class tenants. Geylang D14 etc

MM units between $500k to $750k for middle class tenants

MM units about $750k are for richer tenants.

MM units for self stay?

2 Groups of buyers of MM as 2nd property. 1st property is usually for self stay.

1. With HDB including EC's - not likely they will move in
2. Without HDB, even more unlikely unless it is a new lifestyle.

I would stay away from MM units at all cost unless it is in the heart of the financial district, serviced by MRT.

all 1bedder==MM units? if its a 1bedder in a big devt...it is a gd buy...jus like the seaview, park inifinia etc...can sell and rent out very easily:D

my point of view of MM is less den 400sqft:D

cashrich
08-07-10, 13:58
all 1bedder==MM units? if its a 1bedder in a big devt...it is a gd buy...jus like the seaview, park inifinia etc...can sell and rent out very easily:D

my point of view of MM is less den 400sqft:D

Yes, there a diff there... beware of those that are soley MM units.... u know what I mean, in areas filled with MM units.

If it is just 1 bedder in a big and proper condo devt... not as bad.

Anyway even the worst property also have a base price, and can fulfil the basic roof over head need. There's will be some who will stay in it.

Autonomy
08-07-10, 14:28
Actually is there a standard as to how small is considered MM?

wesing
08-07-10, 14:35
Actually is there a standard as to how small is considered MM?

I think Micky Mouse unit is coined by dunno who to refer to any condo unit (2-bedder and below) that is less than 1000 sq ft.

bargain hunter
08-07-10, 14:50
not so exaggerated. to me, MM is studio below 500 sq ft and 2 bedder below 800 but even that is now too high. many studios are below 400 (current record low is 2xx sq ft) and many 2 bedders below 700 these days.

i think 2 bedders above 800 sq ft are quite ok, can't really call them MM.

2 bedders between 800 and 1000 sq ft had been quite common among established developers even in 2006 before MM craze.

I think Micky Mouse unit is coined by dunno who to refer to any condo unit (2-bedder and below) that is less than 1000 sq ft.

teddybear
08-07-10, 14:55
1BR (with complete living & kitchen) - usually 700+/- sqft. (<600 sqft probably too small).
2BRs - usually 900+/- sqft. (<800 sqft probably too small).
3BRs - usually 1100+/- sqft. (<1000 sqft probably too small).

not so exaggerated. to me, MM is studio below 500 sq ft and 2 bedder below 800 but even that is now too high. many studios are below 400 (current record low is 2xx sq ft) and many 2 bedders below 700 these days.

2 bedders between 800 and 1000 sq ft had been quite common among established developers even in 2006 before MM craze.

wesing
08-07-10, 14:56

But then they are many in this forum who deemed the 2-bedders at Cube 8 (893-926 sq ft) & The Concorde (872-883 sq ft) as MM units:beats-me-man: :beats-me-man:

bargain hunter
08-07-10, 15:10
to me, they are not MM, just small units by big developers. MM are those boutique developer who slice and maximise their profits. projects which are full of almost totally 1, 1+1 or 2 bedders. e.g.
Centra studios 1 bedroom 344 sq ft, 1+1 377sq ft.
Leicester Suites 1 bedroom 452 sq ft, 1+study 764 sq ft
tivoli grande 1+1 560 sq ft 2Br 700 sq ft (old design including planter/bay window)
loft @ rangoon 1 bedroom 409sq ft
studios @ tembling 1bedroom 355sq ft, 1+study 538, 2br 463?!?!?!, 2+study 657
La Brisa 1 bedroom 409, 1+study 452, 2br 517, 3br 603.

just to name a few of the recent MM launches. :D

But then they are many in this forum who deemed the 2-bedders at Cube 8 (893-926 sq ft) & The Concorde (872-883 sq ft) as MM units:beats-me-man: :beats-me-man:

bargain hunter
08-07-10, 15:17
but its very rare to see 1BR (not 1+1) that is 6xx sq ft. even established developers in pre MM days, Park Infinia, Tribeca, City Square, Regency Suites, Southbank even the old UE square all 5xx sq ft which i think is still acceptable. 1+1 i agree 6xx min. i agree with u for the other 2 types.

but given that for new designs without planter and bay windows, maybe can give them some leeway if their design is good but so far i haven't seen any particularly impressive designs sigh. most simply made the air con ledge bigger to make more money. :tsk-tsk:

1BR (with complete living & kitchen) - usually 700+/- sqft. (<600 sqft probably too small).

cashrich
08-07-10, 15:30
To me.. i don't care how many rooms or study or what not. I look at absolute size.

Anything below 500 sqf is a MM unit to me.. (my own definition, since no industry standard) mostly you see 4xx and 3xx sqf for that.

http://www.asiaone.com/Business/My+Money/Property/Story/A1Story20091007-172323.html (Same standard stated)

The increase in sales volumes for units with an area of 500 sq ft or less has intensified in recent months, and helped swell overall residential sales this year, said the report, which looked at sales volumes of such units since 1995.

http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Ho+Bee+slams+tiny+studios%3B+URA+monitoring+situation/

With some developers recently banking on tiny units to fuel property sales in a recession, some are alarmed that Singapore's living environment might take a turn for the worse. Ho Bee Investment chairman and CEO Chua Thian Poh has stepped out to slam the concept of "mickey mouse" apartments:

"When you buy a 200-300 sq ft unit off-plan, you may not realise how small it is. But when you see the finished product, you'll know how cramped it is. It's not very liveable. I would rather stay in Housing Board flats."
Ho Bee Executive director Ong Chong Hua also added,

"Those who do shoebox apartments will tell you there's a rental market for such units. But if I'm a single expat, assuming I want to live in this kind of shoebox apartment development, then I must also consider the profile of the people who'll be my neighbours. I think it is only natural to assume they'll not be the normal neighbours you would expect in a typical housing development."

devilplate
08-07-10, 15:46
but its very rare to see 1BR (not 1+1) that is 6xx sq ft. even established developers in pre MM days, Park Infinia, Tribeca, City Square, Regency Suites, Southbank even the old UE square all 5xx sq ft which i think is still acceptable. 1+1 i agree 6xx min. i agree with u for the other 2 types.

but given that for new designs without planter and bay windows, maybe can give them some leeway if their design is good but so far i haven't seen any particularly impressive designs sigh. most simply made the air con ledge bigger to make more money. :tsk-tsk:

alexis design quite impressive

oh ya...waterbank 2/3bedder quite impressive too. especially the 3bedder...only 11xxsqft but spacious living and bedrooms:D

teddybear
08-07-10, 15:52
My below figures not applicable for those with big big planter areas + bay windows. Must add these eaten up space in if present - meaning if planter areas + bay windows take up 100 sqft, then min will need to add another 100 sqft. :banghead:

devilplate
08-07-10, 15:55
Icon studios quite impressive as well...5xxsqft very spacious living hall. :D

bargain hunter
08-07-10, 16:15
yeah, those were the 500 sq ft days by major developer. these days boutique ones really considered MM. but CDL is leading the charge towards MM among the major developers, their units started shrinking and space wastage increasing in the process since still has planter and bay windows in their designs. :mad:

azeoprop
08-07-10, 20:41
The official website is up... complete with groovy music. :cheers1:
http://www.cdl.com.sg/368thomson/

august
08-07-10, 21:03
i remember checking out park imperial showflat, the MM unit is 3xx sqft inclusive of balcony. Not livable IMO...
sorry to PI owners if u read this.

proud owner
08-07-10, 22:22

2 bedder 818 sqft at Suites@central ... has balcony also ..

after putting in sofa set .. can barely move around .. have to forgo dining table..and use island as part of dining ( people will tell u thats norm) ..
one of the bedroom can put a table + PC .. and a mattress (rolled up) ..

to each his own .. to me 2 bedroom must be at least 1000 then its livable ..

you can say ..its lifestyle etc .. to me ..i wont compromise comfort .. why pay 1.8 mio for a 818 sqft at prime (suites in this case) ..and rental only 4k ?

home is the most popular destination ... everyone has to go there

so it has to be comfortable ..

not knock over this and that .. no place for storage, no this no that .. so what if its HYPE, HIPPED, whatever ..

after 2 yrs .. get married .. have baby .. then upgrade to a 3 bedroom of 1000 sqft ???

why dont just buy a 1500 sqft old 3 bedroom ..when it is cheaper than the MM in prime ? not that the rent is good ..

bargain hunter
08-07-10, 22:28
personally, i also prefer at least 1000 sq ft for 2 bedder. but i think as a baseline as to be considered MM or not, 800 is my baseline liao, below that is MM. :D eg if the design has a smaller balcony than suites @ central, no planter/bay window, i believe it may be efficient enough to be "liveable" if it is designed well. :)

2 bedder 818 sqft at Suites@central ... has balcony also ..

after putting in sofa set .. can barely move around .. have to forgo dining table..and use island as part of dining ( people will tell u thats norm) ..
one of the bedroom can put a table + PC .. and a mattress (rolled up) ..

to each his own .. to me 2 bedroom must be at least 1000 then its livable ..

you can say ..its lifestyle etc .. to me ..i wont compromise comfort .. why pay 1.8 mio for a 818 sqft at prime (suites in this case) ..and rental only 4k ?

home is the most popular destination ... everyone has to go there

so it has to be comfortable ..

not knock over this and that .. no place for storage, no this no that .. so what if its HYPE, HIPPED, whatever ..

after 2 yrs .. get married .. have baby .. then upgrade to a 3 bedroom of 1000 sqft ???

why dont just buy a 1500 sqft old 3 bedroom ..when it is cheaper than the MM in prime ? not that the rent is good ..

jlrx
08-07-10, 22:33

http://www.escapade.co.uk/ProductImages/SALEHIRE/Medium/659.jpghttp://img.bazarek.pl/51232/6369/226828/250_1311742624489fc81993029.jpghttp://www.tisanim.com/Web/Sites/walldisney/938_.gif

proud owner
08-07-10, 23:03
personally, i also prefer at least 1000 sq ft for 2 bedder. but i think as a baseline as to be considered MM or not, 800 is my baseline liao, below that is MM. :D eg if the design has a smaller balcony than suites @ central, no planter/bay window, i believe it may be efficient enough to be "liveable" if it is designed well. :)

agree ...

thats why i go for old projects ANYTIME ...

in 5 yrs .. my OLD condo will be 5 yrs older ..
the 2 bedder at Suites 818 sqft owner will be looking for bigger unit ...

i can then sell him my 1200 sqft 2 bedder .. he can add partitions to make if a BIG 3 bedder by his MM standard

devilplate
08-07-10, 23:04
agree ...

thats why i go for old projects ANYTIME ...

in 5 yrs .. my OLD condo will be 5 yrs older ..
the 2 bedder at Suites 818 sqft owner will be looking for bigger unit ...

i can then sell him my 1200 sqft 2 bedder .. he can add partitions to make if a BIG 3 bedder by his MM standard

y sell? jus keep till enbloc lor:D

bargain hunter
08-07-10, 23:09
this aptly describes what City dev has been doing lately, from hundred trees to scala. :ashamed1:

http://www.escapade.co.uk/ProductImages/SALEHIRE/Medium/659.jpghttp://img.bazarek.pl/51232/6369/226828/250_1311742624489fc81993029.jpghttp://www.tisanim.com/Web/Sites/walldisney/938_.gif

devilplate
08-07-10, 23:18
UOL layout still good! but they no longer aims to sell out? past projects like SB, P11 and even WB r priced at market can bear and achieve sell out in a short time frame. but this terrene...:beats-me-man:

Komo
08-07-10, 23:29
Area seems generous, eg 3 bedder at 1302 sqft (121 sqm). But the location seems to be neither here nor there. Not so suitable for family with young kids. Though good for those planning to have kids as Thomson Medical is just opposite. :D

bargain hunter
08-07-10, 23:45
u are forcing me to bring out the duchess residences e.g. :D priced above market still sold most of it pretty quickly, so maybe they expect the same for Terrene? its a bukit timah thinghy for UOL hehehe. Meadows@Pierce also priced above market mah, also sold quite fast.

UOL layout still good! but they no longer aims to sell out? past projects like SB, P11 and even WB r priced at market can bear and achieve sell out in a short time frame. but this terrene...:beats-me-man:

jlrx
08-07-10, 23:52

If a project sellout within short time, there must be something wrong with the pricing of the project.

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn211/jlrx_bucket/AmberPointSells88ApartmentsInOneDay.jpg

wesing
09-07-10, 10:42
Wonder what is the situation at the 368 Thomson preview launch now:beats-me-man: :beats-me-man:

bargain hunter
09-07-10, 10:52
thought u going down this evening? can't wait? now so curious liao? :) call your agent and ask? :D

Wonder what is the situation at the 368 Thomson preview launch now:beats-me-man: :beats-me-man:

Wild Falcon
09-07-10, 11:01
It actually depends on the individual lah. If one has a spartan lifestyle with only some clothes and shoes, then maybe 500sq ft is considered "spacious". If one is the everything-also-want-to-experiment type, then 500 sq ft would be a challenge to store your precious bike, shoes collection, clothes collection, bags collection, guitar collection, musical instruments, wine collection, books, luggage, antiques collected from overseas, gadgets, rollerblade, wakeboard, dogs etc. Of course you can build a lot of wardrobes to "hide" all these thing but it will make the living space even smaller. I know of 2-bedders with 800 sqft that does without a dining table and must eat dinner on sofa. At the end of the day, its how much one wants to sacrifice for the sake of staying in the city. And of course a bigger place means you can renovate your place better to reflect your style.

devilplate
09-07-10, 11:51
It actually depends on the individual lah. If one has a spartan lifestyle with only some clothes and shoes, then maybe 500sq ft is considered "spacious". If one is the everything-also-want-to-experiment type, then 500 sq ft would be a challenge to store your precious bike, shoes collection, clothes collection, bags collection, guitar collection, musical instruments, wine collection, books, luggage, antiques collected from overseas, gadgets, rollerblade, wakeboard, dogs etc. Of course you can build a lot of wardrobes to "hide" all these thing but it will make the living space even smaller. I know of 2-bedders with 800 sqft that does without a dining table and must eat dinner on sofa. At the end of the day, its how much one wants to sacrifice for the sake of staying in the city. And of course a bigger place means you can renovate your place better to reflect your style.

single, stay alone, hardly cook and hate housework...500sqft more den enuff:D

jencrs
09-07-10, 14:05
Apparently, response is pretty good over at 368. Heard most or all of the 2 bdrms are already gone. Anyway, I'm going down in about an hour's time or so to check out what's happening.

bargain hunter
09-07-10, 14:09
then u can check whether its most or all of the 2 bedrooms "of those released" or "of the entire project" are gone LOL.

looks like forumers taking devilplate's recommendation seriously again and buying up all the 2 bedders instead of the 1+1. :)

Apparently, response is pretty good over at 368. Heard most or all of the 2 bdrms are already gone. Anyway, I'm going down in about an hour's time or so to check out what's happening.

azeoprop
09-07-10, 16:56
single, stay alone, hardly cook and hate housework...500sqft more den enuff:D

I also single, planning to stay alone, hate housework...have to make do with a 398sqft studio....:beats-me-man:

devilplate
09-07-10, 17:14
ALL 2BEDDERS R GONE!!!!!!

plenty of 1bedder untouched. all units r released for sale.

next best stack will be the 3bedder but quantum is a turn off ...ard 1.7mil+ for high flr...psf wise still ok at ard 13xxpsf and u must love the sun!:D

isit true tat ppl grabbing the 2bedders after reading my comment...haha:D

on my way back hm, i saw D Mira and i drop by...less den 5min i left the showflat...lol

jencrs
09-07-10, 17:19
then u can check whether its most or all of the 2 bedrooms "of those released" or "of the entire project" are gone LOL.

looks like forumers taking devilplate's recommendation seriously again and buying up all the 2 bedders instead of the 1+1. :)
All bro, all 2 bdrms gone, including those supposed to be later phase. That's 60ish units there. High floors went for over 1500psf. I'm surprised actually. Thought can stroll in in the afternoon n pick n choose haha.

jencrs
09-07-10, 17:22
ALL 2BEDDERS R GONE!!!!!!

plenty of 1bedder untouched. all units r released for sale.

next best stack will be the 3bedder but quantum is a turn off ...ard 1.7mil+ for high flr...psf wise still ok at ard 13xxpsf and u must love the sun!:D

isit true tat ppl grabbing the 2bedders after reading my comment...haha:D

on my way back hm, i saw D Mira and i drop by...less den 5min i left the showflat...lol
Haha u beat me to it. Dmira cannot compare la, but much cheaper lor.

Btw heard someone bought 3 units, trying to let go a 5th flr 2 bdrm at 1700psf!!!

azeoprop
09-07-10, 17:24
What is the pricing for the 1+1 like? cheapest #04-04 how much? :o

devilplate
09-07-10, 17:29
What is the pricing for the 1+1 like? cheapest #04-04 how much? :o

starting from 9xxk....with NO VIEW! dun waste $....rather go for waterfront gold 1+1...at least got reservoir view for consolation if price crash:D

ur 8wood studio 100x more value for $$ even though 99 vs FH....just keep it...sell liao can nvr buy back at tat price anymore:D

devilplate
09-07-10, 17:33
Haha u beat me to it. Dmira cannot compare la, but much cheaper lor.

Btw heard someone bought 3 units, trying to let go a 5th flr 2 bdrm at 1700psf!!!

aiya...he wait till next cycle mabe got chance to smell 1.7kpsf:D

Dmira location different...but the project itself oredi a big NONO....obviously dun noe how to design...land size not tat small leh....but not much landscaping...looks very very cheapskate...like DLotus...tat one also take years to sell out:D ....i was surprised developer is MCL!:scared-1:

kane
09-07-10, 17:40
all 2 bedders gone in one afternoon? there are more hungry hippos than i thought.

1700psf for a 2 bedder, that chap trying for 5 year forward pricing.

Wild Falcon
09-07-10, 20:20
Well, single doesn't mean you can have no hobbies right? I always think singles would be more carefree and spend money with impunity because there's no one else to inherit the wealth. Single doesn't mean one has to live a spartan lifestyle. Singles are the big spenders nowadays - esp the high flying bachelor and bacherlorette - they are the ones who will start taking up hobbies, buy piano, buy guitar, buy expensive bike, buy designer bags, do trialathon, take up wakeboarding, collect paintings, collect wine etc. A house that is a size of a bedroom will not be sufficient to accomodate such a lifestyle. And what is money for? It's to buy the experiences and things that you can enjoy in life. And if one has to cut back on such experiences because one lives in a 300sqft dogbox, then that is sad.

At least the married folks can "comfort" themselves by saying their sacrificing for their children. But for singles, really, the world is your oyster and it would be a waste to let one's life experiences be crippled by a 300 sqft doghouse.

I also single, planning to stay alone, hate housework...have to make do with a 398sqft studio....:beats-me-man:

kane
09-07-10, 21:33
120 units out of 157 units sold today, talk about appetite...

azeoprop
09-07-10, 21:44
Wow....so i guess the market is quite selective. Not all new launches can do so good these days. :beats-me-man:

proud owner
09-07-10, 21:48
Wow....so i guess the market is quite selective. Not all new launches can do so good these days. :beats-me-man:

just on THAT area .. it is better than those condos in Balestier ..
also better than those facing PIE ..

so its better in that sense i guess ...

and 368 sounds good ..are most buyers Cantonese ?

jlrx
09-07-10, 21:51

120 out of 157 units sold in one day can only mean that the developer has severely mispriced the project, like this one launched 21 years ago.

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn211/jlrx_bucket/AmberPointSells88ApartmentsInOneDay.jpg

wesing
09-07-10, 21:54

Sure or not! When I was there around 6 pm, still many 3 & 4 bedders not released yet.

wesing
09-07-10, 21:59

Saw the showflat for the 4-bedder. Master bedroom rather small. No walk-in wardrobe somemore. 3-bedder & below no bath-tub. Dun find the layout superior to Cube 8. The curvy part of the bedroom windows made them look smaller. Furnishings about similar to Cube 8 I think.

devilplate
09-07-10, 21:59

big surprise...i tot their pricing oredi quite high. still got so many cash rich buyers! 3bedder 1.7mil each...power:D

cashrich
09-07-10, 22:19
Sure or not! When I was there around 6 pm, still many 3 & 4 bedders not released yet.

good for u... always check it out yourself... trust no one.

teddybear
09-07-10, 22:19
This is the best located among Arte, Vista Residences, & Cube 8 nearby. Of course, $1300-1500 psf sure mostly gone for smaller units. Let's see how the bigger units perform.

kane
09-07-10, 22:27
since it's CNA posting the news, i presume it's pretty accurate:

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1068544/1/.html

devilplate
09-07-10, 22:34

sounds more like 80% of the 120units released units r snapped...anw BULLSHIT on the releasing part...i was there in the afternoon...all units r avail for sale!:D

but it is still quite an achievement!

sry goto bash Dmira again...todate only sold less den 1X units for total 6X units..lol ...i ask the agt y so poor response since she claimed 10xxpsf is a GD BUY! she say everywhr is quiet this period mah...den i say 368 2bedders all gone leh...she say new launch mah...:banghead:

proud owner
09-07-10, 22:40
sounds more like 80% of the 120units released units r snapped...anw BULLSHIT on the releasing part...i was there in the afternoon...all units r avail for sale!:D

sry goto bash Dmira again...todate only sold less den 1X units for total 6X units..lol ...i ask the agt y so poor response since she claimed 10xxpsf is a GD BUY! she say everywhr is quiet this period mah...den i say 368 2bedders all gone leh...she say new launch mah...:banghead:

she may be right ...

i always say ... singaporeans have herde instinct ...

want NEW .. new is good , expensive means good .. got crowd means good ... got queue means good ..

kane
09-07-10, 22:40
ah ok ok, 80% of 120units released, so that's 96units of 157, so it's 61% sold.

confusion cleared.

kane
09-07-10, 22:44
she may be right ...

i always say ... singaporeans have herde instinct ...

want NEW .. new is good , expensive means good .. got crowd means good ... got queue means good ..

sounds like hello kitty mac giveaway... fortunately we haven't seen people queueing up in a tent outside property launches.

proud owner
09-07-10, 22:49
sounds like hello kitty mac giveaway... fortunately we haven't seen people queueing up in a tent outside property launches.

i forgot to add...singaporeans also quite contradicting kind

got free gifts mean they trying to cheat you of something else

jencrs
09-07-10, 23:42

sry goto bash Dmira again...todate only sold less den 1X units for total 6X units..lol ...i ask the agt y so poor response since she claimed 10xxpsf is a GD BUY! she say everywhr is quiet this period mah...den i say 368 2bedders all gone leh...she say new launch mah...:banghead:What I was told when I was there was that cuz of big demand, the 2 bdrms were released ahead of schedule, and may be at future release prices. "May be" cuz the agent not sure, and I didn't press her to go find out. The others which were not supposed to have been released yet, apparently the dev quite flexible, can ask to release, but again may incur "future release pricing". This future price is apparently roughly 3% up. E.g. 3bdrm floors 30, 31 and 33 sold, 34 not yet released, but "can discuss" haha. So I guess the phase 1 thing is correct, but all available is correct also.

As for Dmira, I've heard also that a crematoriam is nearby, with another temple that houses the ashes. That would probably put some ppl off.

kane
09-07-10, 23:47
What I was told when I was there was that cuz of big demand, the 2 bdrms were released ahead of schedule, and may be at future release prices. "May be" cuz the agent not sure, and I didn't press her to go find out. The others which were not supposed to have been released yet, apparently the dev quite flexible, can ask to release, but again may incur "future release pricing". This future price is apparently roughly 3% up. E.g. 3bdrm floors 30, 31 and 33 sold, 34 not yet released, but "can discuss" haha. So I guess the phase 1 thing is correct, but all available is correct also.

As for Dmira, I've heard also that a crematoriam is nearby, with another temple that houses the ashes. That would probably put some ppl off.

you show more money, they show you the option that they've stashed away for next week.

teddybear
10-07-10, 00:13
Wah, 80% sold in 1 day? Think they had under-priced 368 Thomson liao. Typically it should take 2 months to sell 50% and 6 months to sell 100% if pricing is appropriate. :p

--------------------------

80% of units launched at 368 Thomson snapped up
Posted: 09 July 2010 2029 hrs
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/imagegallery/store/phpSnClKY.jpg Photos 1 of 1 http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/dotline_240.gif
368 Thomson

SINGAPORE : City Developments Limited (CDL) has sold about 80 per cent of the launched units at 368 Thomson, its latest freehold residential development at the former Concorde Mansions site along Thomson Road.

Private previews for former owners of Concorde Residences, Balestier Court, Bright Building, and directors and staff of CDL, started on Thursday, while the public preview began on Friday.

CDL said 120 units of the 36-storey freehold development comprising 157 units were released in Phase 1.

Going at an average price of S$1,350 per square foot, the apartments range from S$918,000 for the 689 square foot one+study units to S$4.4 million for the 3,391 square foot 5-bedroom penthouses.

Singaporeans made up the majority of buyers, with Permanent Residents and foreigners mainly from Malaysia, Indonesia, China and Hong Kong accounting for 25 per cent.

"With its prime District 11 location, freehold status and attractive pricing, 368 Thomson represents an excellent investment opportunity and also good rental potential," said CDL's group general manager, Mr Chia Ngiang Hong.

368 Thomson has a sky terrace on Level 3, with therm jet pools, a 25-metre main pool and a gymnasium. It also has a Club House, family barbeque and Children's Aqua Treat areas.

CDL said it will release more units progressively to cater to the demand.

- CNA/al

august
10-07-10, 00:20
wow gd response, wat a surprise! :cool:

kane
10-07-10, 00:51
that street going to get pretty packed...

jencrs
10-07-10, 01:02
Another thing to add, other than the 4 bdrms which have private lifts, the rest of the development is serviced by only 2 lifts. I dunno, is that an ok ratio?

kane
10-07-10, 01:35
Another thing to add, other than the 4 bdrms which have private lifts, the rest of the development is serviced by only 2 lifts. I dunno, is that an ok ratio?

i think if you have 4 units per floor serviced by 2 lifts that should be fine. how many units do they have per floor?

jencrs
10-07-10, 01:45
i think if you have 4 units per floor serviced by 2 lifts that should be fine. how many units do they have per floor?yup it's 4 per floor, with 35 stories, that's 140 units with 2 lifts. Is that pretty average?

devilplate
10-07-10, 02:23
yup it's 4 per floor, with 35 stories, that's 140 units with 2 lifts. Is that pretty average?

high rise condo always got lift related problems. happy waiting:D

teddybear
10-07-10, 09:11
Sure, when Vista Res, Arte, Cube8, & 368 Thomson all completed. The worse is probably Jalan Datoh serving Vista Res & Arte.

that street going to get pretty packed...

azeoprop
10-07-10, 09:12
Actually with all these new projects like the citrine, the arte, vista residences, cube 8 and 368, this corner of balestier has suddenly become upmarket. :eek:

teddybear
10-07-10, 09:19
I foresee problems for those with private lift - 1 lift serving 36 storeys. When you are downstair and the lift happen to go up to 35th storey, you have to wait for it to go up and then back down 35 storeys again! That is still small issue. Wait till the 1 & only lift becomes old and is down for maintenance, high floor residents need to claim staircase (climb 36 storeys?)? :scared-1:

kane
10-07-10, 10:24
yup it's 4 per floor, with 35 stories, that's 140 units with 2 lifts. Is that pretty average?

1 lift per 2 unit is pretty normal.

DC33_2008
10-07-10, 11:01
Great! CDL shares will go up further!

amk
10-07-10, 14:56
This is the best located among Arte, Vista Residences, & Cube 8 nearby.
absolutely. this is the only location that's ever worth considering. No wonder CDL did it the last.

CDL is really smart. Last time when he bought over all the 4 old blocks there, I thought it will redo it as one nice big project with a Thomson Road address. The area of Cube8 + 368 Concorde (and Arte) together is barely enough for a "decent" condo of 300 units. I had thought it will be something like Sky@11. More facilities and better sizes.

But no, CDL really *maximize* it. Within such tiny plot it manages to do *three* different projects! All without any real decent facilities. All look like pure for rental play.

There are plenty of these type (FH small condos) in Balestier already. And yet CDL managed to make these 3 stand out of the "balestier" cloud.

mogyi
10-07-10, 15:19
I foresee problems for those with private lift - 1 lift serving 36 storeys. When you are downstair and the lift happen to go up to 35th storey, you have to wait for it to go up and then back down 35 storeys again! That is still small issue. Wait till the 1 & only lift becomes old and is down for maintenance, high floor residents need to claim staircase (climb 36 storeys?)? :scared-1:

HUH!!!!! what happen to the fireman lift for emergency? like this die man...better buy 2nd floor ...safer in that sense only need to overcome 40 steps.. i think

DKSG
10-07-10, 15:34
Ask those with private lifts la!

With every private lift, there is always a service lift shared by units with private lift. Like my place, private lift for each unit. 3 units on each floor. One common service lift (which is usually bigger since its for moving bulky items also).

Where in Singapore got one unit one lift, lift spoil must walk down ? Sure got back up one. Dont forget, we are super KS.

HUH!!!!! what happen to the fireman lift for emergency? like this die man...better buy 2nd floor ...safer in that sense only need to overcome 40 steps.. i think

wesing
10-07-10, 19:35
Agent told me that the sold-out 2-bedders started at $1.2 million upward per unit. Still can get sold-out in one afternoon.

cashrich
10-07-10, 20:44
Agent told me that the sold-out 2-bedders started at $1.2 million upward per unit. Still can get sold-out in one afternoon.

Stronger demand for 2 bedders.. make sense for investment and self stay

1 bedder is really too small. Try living in a similar sized hotel room for 1 night and see how you feel?

azeoprop
10-07-10, 21:36
Any idea how come Tan Tong Meng Tower never got enbloc-ed? Its the odd one out now. :beats-me-man:

Wild Falcon
10-07-10, 21:48
Am I sensing a certain buyers fatigue with studios? They used to be the first to be sold out. 368 Thomson sold mainly 2 bedders; Terrene sold mainly 3 bedders. Food for thought.

BTW, there is another typical D15 low-budget 99 units MM dogbox launching soon in D15 called Haig 162. Each unit around $400+k only. :doh:

Stronger demand for 2 bedders.. make sense for investment and self stay

1 bedder is really too small. Try living in a similar sized hotel room for 1 night and see how you feel?

devilplate
10-07-10, 21:48
Any idea how come Tan Tong Meng Tower never got enbloc-ed? Its the odd one out now. :beats-me-man:

i heard some owners there dunwan to sell...now they goto withstand traffic noise plus 2 construction left and right...:D

tats y they got to launch 368 and cube8 separately....TTM sits right in between...lol:D

devilplate
10-07-10, 21:51
Am I sensing a certain buyers fatigue with studios? They used to be the first to be sold out. 368 Thomson sold mainly 2 bedders; Terrene sold mainly 3 bedders. Food for thought.

BTW, there is another typical D15 low-budget 99 units MM dogbox launching soon in D15 called Haig 162. Each unit around $400+k only. :doh:

u goto study the flrplan and compare the 1+study vs the 2bedder, facing and price quantum for 368...den u will noe y

i oredi commented dun waste $ on the 1+study and investors r generally very savvy indeed:D

teddybear
11-07-10, 01:34
Service lift usually have to walk far away and through poorly ventilated corridor & lift itself dirty and poorly ventilated.

Ask those with private lifts la!

With every private lift, there is always a service lift shared by units with private lift. Like my place, private lift for each unit. 3 units on each floor. One common service lift (which is usually bigger since its for moving bulky items also).

Where in Singapore got one unit one lift, lift spoil must walk down ? Sure got back up one. Dont forget, we are super KS.

Wild Falcon
11-07-10, 11:58
?? Most backdoors lead to the service lift. Not far away at all. But won't be as nice as the passenger lifts.

Service lift usually have to walk far away and through poorly ventilated corridor & lift itself dirty and poorly ventilated.

Wild Falcon
11-07-10, 12:00
Rumoured haunted? It was an iconic building in the area- I always remember my dad driving past the building when I was a child. I hope it remains the way it is with the red and white walls.

mogyi
11-07-10, 14:50

wow...sounds like some old hong kong estate, i guess it's spooky too with old por por squating by the side staring at you when u walk past. siam ah.... :scared-1:

mr funny
11-07-10, 23:33
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/companies/story/0,4574,394314-1278791940,00.html?

Published July 10, 2010

Good response to new condos 368 Thomson, The Terrene

By KALPANA RASHIWALA

CITY Developments Ltd (CDL) and UOL Group seem to have struck a chord with home buyers with their latest condo previews.

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/mnt/media/image/launched/2010-07-10/BT_IMAGES_KRCDL10.jpg
368 THOMSON
CDL has sold 96 units (of the 120 released in the first phase) of the 36- storey freehold condo in District 11 at an average price of $1,350 psf

CDL has sold 96 of the 120 units released in the first phase of its 368 Thomson condo, as at 5pm yesterday. The average price is $1,350 per square foot for the 36-storey freehold condo in District 11. The project comprises 157 units. CDL said it is releasing more units progressively to cater to demand.

Over in the Toh Tuck/Jalan Jurong Kechil area, UOL released 85 units at The Terrene on the former Rainbow Gardens site and as at 10pm yesterday, had sold about 50 units. The average selling price for the five-storey, 999-year leasehold condo is about $1,250 psf. The project comprises 172 units. UOL is developing the condo jointly with LaSalle Investment Management.

Developers of both projects began sales to their respective staff/directors and former owners of the sites on Thursday, followed by previews to other buyers yesterday.

CDL said prices of 368 Thomson range, in absolute dollar quantum, from $918,000 for the 689 sq ft one-plus-study units to $4.4 million for the 3,391 sq ft, five-bedroom penthouses.

The 96 units sold include all 62 two-bedders in the development and about 12-15 one-bedders as well as one of the condo's two penthouses.

DMG & Partners analyst Brandon Lee described CDL's pricing as 'reasonable and in line with current prices in the area', given that newish projects in the area are fetching between $1,250 and $1,450 psf.

Agreeing, a seasoned property consultant noted that prices of new condos in the Newton area, which is closer to Orchard, are hovering around the $1,700-2,000 psf range.

A back-of-the-envelope calculation shows CDL stands to book pre-tax profit of about $70 million from 368 Thomson. This is the third condo the group is developing in the location. Its first, The Arte at Thomson, was previewed in March last year at an average price of $880 psf, followed by Cube 8 in January this year at $1,250 psf on average.

CDL said that about 75 per cent of buyers at 368 Thomson were Singaporeans, with the rest comprising permanent residents and other foreigners - mainly from Malaysia, Indonesia, China and Hong Kong.

'With its prime District 11 location, freehold status and attractive pricing, 368 Thomson represents an excellent investment opportunity and also good rental potential,' said CDL's group general manager Chia Ngiang Hong.

UOL and La Salle Investment Management on the other hand are targeting primarily owner-occupiers for The Terrene.

'The majority of units sold are two-bedroom apartments, followed by three bedders. Seven penthouses have also been sold,' said Knight Frank managing director (residential services) Peter Ow. Buyers mostly have addresses in the surrounding area - districts 21 (such as Upper Bukit Timah) and 23 (which includes Bukit Batok and Toh Tuck) and comprise a mix of HDB flat dwellers and private home dwellers.

'Most of the buyers are locals,' he added. The 85 units released are priced between $920 psf and $1,480 psf. Knight Frank is marketing Terrene jointly with Jones Lang LaSalle.

The project's 172 units range from one bedders (starting from 506 sq ft) to five-bedroom penthouses (up to 3,025 sq ft).

mr funny
12-07-10, 00:09
http://www.straitstimes.com/Money/Story/STIStory_551756.html

Jul 10, 2010

New Thomson condo units selling well

By Esther Teo

BUYERS have snapped up 96 of the 120 units launched at the 368 Thomson condominium since previews began on Thursday.

The District 11 development was priced at an average of $1,350 per sq ft (psf).

Sale prices ranged from $918,000 for a 689 sq ft one-plus-study flat to $4.4 million for the 3,391 sq ft five-bedroom penthouses.

The 36-storey tower, which will be built on the former Concorde Residences site in Thomson Road, will have 157 units. They comprise 31 one-plus-study flats, 62 two-bedroom units, 31 three-bedders, 31 four-bedroom units and two penthouses.

City Developments (CDL) said it will release more units to cater to demand.

The private preview - for former owners of Concorde Residences, Balestier Court and Bright Building, as well as CDL directors and staff - started on Thursday. The public were admitted yesterday.

Most of the buyers were Singaporeans, with permanent residents and foreigners - mainly from Malaysia, Indonesia, China and Hong Kong - making up 25 per cent, CDL said.

Its general manager, Mr Chia Ngiang Hong, said the strong demand for the project is testament to the popularity of the prime District 11 vicinity.

Buyers will also benefit from the growth cluster in the area, he said.

The developer launched Cube 8, a 36-storey condo comprising 177 units, in January in Thomson Road, on the site of the former The Albany and Thomson Mansion.

The Cube 8 project is next to CDL's The Arte in Thomson, which it began selling in March last year at an average price of $880 psf.

The 368 Thomson estate is expected to be completed in 2015.

Terrene at Bukit Timah has also sold well. More than 50 out of the 85 units launched at the preview sale for developers UOL and La Salle's business associates and staff were taken.

The average selling price for the 999-year leasehold condominium was $1,250 psf.

The project offers over 140 one- to four-bedroom apartments, and 30 three- to five-bedroom penthouses, all with rooftop jacuzzis.

Sizes vary from 506 sq ft for a one-bedder to 3,025 sq ft for a five-bedroom penthouse. The development is expected to be ready by April 2014.

wesing
12-07-10, 11:43
Extracted from The Business Times, Monday, July 12, 2010:

CDL sold another 32 units at its 368 Thomson up to 6 pm yesterday, taking total sales to 128 units. Last Friday, the group said, it had sold 96 of the 120 units released initially in the 157-unit freehold condo, which will be 36 storeys high.

Yesterday, a CDL spokeswoman said that the group released the remaining 37 units progressively over the weekend at a marginal price increase of 2-3 per cent from the initially average selling price of $1,350 per square foot.

"The majority of the 32 units we sold over the weekend were one-plus-study units. We also sold three and four bedders," she added.

Singaporeans made up 75 per cent of the 128 units sold at the District 11 condo.

Over 80% sold in 3 days including 1 penthouse.:cheers1: :cheers1: to CDL shareholders. Probably only left with mainly 4-bedder, a couple 3-bedder and the last penthouse. Seems like the Balestier part of D11 still in hot demand.

august
12-07-10, 11:50
congrats to CDL! can relax and shake leg liao ~

devilplate
12-07-10, 11:52
i nvr noe tat part of balestier is so so HOT! until 368 and cube8 proves me wrong:o

august
12-07-10, 12:01
i nvr noe tat part of balestier is so so HOT! until 368 and cube8 proves me wrong:o

is THOMSON u know?! not balestier hehee :D

wesing
12-07-10, 12:02

Only left with 29 units! Still not too late. What are you waiting for? Chiong liao lah:D :D :D Mai tu liao:D :D :D

Wild Falcon
12-07-10, 12:19
Looking at the size of the units sold, either 1+1, I believe most are investors. This area will be full of 1 and 2 bedders when all TOP - could have negative impact on the rental market. Prime or no prime, it looks like Singaporeans "budget" is really quite low.

devilplate
12-07-10, 12:24
Looking at the size of the units sold, either 1+1, I believe most are investors. This area will be full of 1 and 2 bedders when all TOP - could have negative impact on the rental market. Prime or no prime, it looks like Singaporeans "budget" is really quite low.

even got huge budget, i wud rather choose to buy 2 units instead of 1 unit.

Wild Falcon
12-07-10, 12:43
But it also means most are investors right? Which means when TOP, everyone will be competing for tenants.

even got huge budget, i wud rather choose to buy 2 units instead of 1 unit.

devilplate
12-07-10, 12:48
But it also means most are investors right? Which means when TOP, everyone will be competing for tenants.

actually, those who bot into any new launches r mostly investors. even if they say it is for self stay, they will tend to sell if price is right. for those who really nid a roof, will only consider resale or gg to TOP projects.

its like i intend to keep WB for self stay...but who noes 3yrs later i might change my mind:D

bargain hunter
12-07-10, 13:13
no leh, no response to the very good sales by cdl shares and ironically fell 10c instead. :beats-me-man:

Great! CDL shares will go up further!

teddybear
12-07-10, 13:15
More like speculators!
Real investors will also rather go for resale or going to TOP projects so that they can buy at a cheaper price (than those new launch now) & start collecting rent (income) than to start paying interest but get zero income for next 3 years.

actually, those who bot into any new launches r mostly investors. even if they say it is for self stay, they will tend to sell if price is right. for those who really nid a roof, will only consider resale or gg to TOP projects.

its like i intend to keep WB for self stay...but who noes 3yrs later i might change my mind:D

teddybear
12-07-10, 13:17
If this is true, how to explain the suburb properties 3BRs going above $1000 psf?

bargain hunter
12-07-10, 13:47
above 1000psf but smaller units means "still affordable"? still low budget in quantum terms lor. :D

If this is true, how to explain the suburb properties 3BRs going above $1000 psf?

bargain hunter
12-07-10, 13:48
think there is this term specuvestors since 2007. so-called can speculate or become investor (if kenna stuck upon TOP). :o

More like speculators!
Real investors will also rather go for resale or going to TOP projects so that they can buy at a cheaper price (than those new launch now) & start collecting rent (income) than to start paying interest but get zero income for next 3 years.

teddybear
12-07-10, 13:56
3BR smallest can go only 1000 sqft to be still liveable, so still a not too-small $1m per property (not low in absolute price) even in those ulu locations!

above 1000psf but smaller units means "still affordable"? still low budget in quantum terms lor. :D

bargain hunter
12-07-10, 14:05
i think wild falcon meant between 1 to 1.5m still considered low budget. i feel for this range still considered so if we compare to 2007 when those prime units sold with the combi of high psf and high sq ft are really big budget stuff. :)

and since we have been discussing the Terrene vs 368 debate, in today's BT,

"What we're most pleased about is that our penthouses and big units are still selling well. More than half of the 30 penthouses in the project have been taken up,' UOL's chief operating officer Liam Wee Sin told BT yesterday.

Singaporeans form the majority of buyers, buying mainly for owner occupation, according to Peter Ow, managing director (residential services) at Knight Frank, one of the project's two marketing agents."

so it appears that owner occupiers really love Terrene while 368 attracted specuvestors.

3BR smallest can go only 1000 sqft to be still liveable, so still a not too-small $1m per property (not low in absolute price) even in those ulu locations!

mr funny
12-07-10, 17:54
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/news/story/0,4574,394358,00.html?

Published July 12, 2010

Demand for new CityDev, UOL condos

By KALPANA RASHIWALA

(SINGAPORE) UOL Group and City Developments Ltd (CDL) continued to sell units over the weekend at their new condos released last week.

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/mnt/media/image/launched/2010-07-12/BT_IMAGES_KRTERRENE12.jpg
Good take-up: CDL has sold another 32 units at its 368 Thomson (above) up to 6 pm yesterday, taking total sales to 128 units

UOL and LaSalle Investment Management sold a further 46 units over the weekend (as of 7 pm yesterday) at The Terrene at Bukit Timah, in addition to the 50 that they had sold as of 10 pm last Friday.

Thus far, 130 of the condo's total 172 units have been put on the market. While the initial 85 units released by Friday were priced at about $1,250 per square foot on average, the further 45 apartments offered on Saturday and Sunday were at marginally higher prices. The five-storey, 999-year leasehold condo is in the Toh Tuck/Jalan Jurong Kechil vicinity.

'We're keeping the balance 42 units for our official launch later this week, which will be tied with the start of our ad campaign. What we're most pleased about is that our penthouses and big units are still selling well. More than half of the 30 penthouses in the project have been taken up,' UOL's chief operating officer Liam Wee Sin told BT yesterday evening.

'We've combined a bit of luxury with a rustic feel,' he added. Prices of penthouses in the condo range from $1.7 million to $2.9 million.

Singaporeans form the majority of buyers, buying mainly for owner occupation, according to Peter Ow, managing director (residential services) at Knight Frank, one of the project's two marketing agents.

'Demand is still there; it's only a matter of pricing. People who are walking out of the showflat without making a purchase are doing so because the price is beyond their budget,' he added.

CDL sold another 32 units at its 368 Thomson up to 6 pm yesterday, taking total sales to 128 units. Last Friday, the group said, it had sold 96 of the 120 units released initially in the 157-unit freehold condo, which will be 36 storeys high.

Yesterday, a CDL spokeswoman said that the group released the remaining 37 units progressively over the weekend at a marginal price increase of 2-3 per cent from the initial average selling price of $1,350 per square foot.

'The majority of the 32 units we sold over the weekend were one-plus-study units. We also sold three and four bedders,' she added.

Singaporeans made up 75 per cent of the 128 units sold at the District 11 condo.

The next project CDL plans to release is likely to be a 642-unit, joint venture condo in Pasir Ris located next to the fully-sold Livia. 'It is planned for release in phases in Q3 2010,' she added.

Black_Knight
12-07-10, 23:19
Looks like Sporean are starting to flock back to investing in property....confidence in the economy

proud owner
12-07-10, 23:34
Looks like Sporean are starting to flock back to investing in property....confidence in the economy

its in the DNA of asians, particularly chinese, to buy properties ...

if you take every buyer separately and ask if they want to buy .. they will indicate YES but want to wait and see ..

but when you put them all toegther in a show flat... when they see the crowd, read the news report ..see the SOLD sticker on the units chart they become more garang .. and buy on the spot .. before someone elses buy it .. thats also in the DNA , particularly Singaporeans ..

out of 10 potential buyers that you separate and ask individually .. without allowing them to see/hear the crowd or subject to external influences ..
i am very curious to know ..what is the real sentiment..

to buy NOW or to wait and see .. ?

proud owner
12-07-10, 23:36
its in the DNA of asians, particularly chinese, to buy properties ...

if you take every buyer separately and ask if they want to buy .. they will indicate YES but want to wait and see ..

but when you put them all toegther in a show flat... when they see the crowd, read the news report ..see the SOLD sticker on the units chart they become more garang .. and buy on the spot .. before someone elses buy it .. thats also in the DNA , particularly Singaporeans ..

out of 10 potential buyers that you separate and ask individually .. without allowing them to see/hear the crowd or subject to external influences ..
i am very curious to know ..what is the real sentiment..

to buy NOW or to wait and see .. ?

having posted the above .. i am still very happy to hear that people are still buying ...

goes to show ..singaporeans are really rich ..

also .. the higher it goes ..then (when it does) the harder it can fall ...
then alot of REAL investors will be even happier

Black_Knight
12-07-10, 23:45
Hi Proud Owner, U just describe the scene of the operandi of Housing agent that I ve notice at most launches. Collect advance booking check and then when preview , that where all the feeding frenzy starts!!! Sold out stickers on board, no price nego, just print price on check and congrats or regrets..:doh:

proud owner
12-07-10, 23:49
Hi Proud Owner, U just describe the scene of the operandi of Housing agent that I ve notice at most launches. Collect advance booking check and then when preview , that where all the feeding frenzy starts!!! Sold out stickers on board, no price nego, just print price on check and congrats or regrets..:doh:

to me its psychology play .. more than real sentiments ..

housing agents are just like PAP ... they know singaporeans TOO WELL

they know what you are thinking and how to play with you ..

bargain hunter
13-07-10, 00:27
suddenly this reminded me of some adverts i see in classified ads. :doh:

"MISS OR REGRET!!!" of course i choose miss lah.

"BUY AND REGRET!!!" of course i choose don't buy lah.

till this day, i still see agents regularly advertising like that...and its not typo. :D

congrats or regrets..:doh:

proud owner
13-07-10, 00:29
suddenly this reminded me of some adverts i see in classified ads. :doh:

"MISS OR REGRET!!!" of course i choose miss lah.

"BUY AND REGRET!!!" of course i choose don't buy lah.

till this day, i still see agents regularly advertising like that...and its not typo. :D

if i am an agent .. i will be more innovative lah

how about
" TOday's high will be tomorrow's Low"

bargain hunter
13-07-10, 00:34
innovative is not even an issue yet. they can't even get the 3 english words they copied from elsewhere right! :doh:

if i am an agent .. i will be more innovative lah

how about
" TOday's high will be tomorrow's Low"

proud owner
13-07-10, 00:36
innovative is not even an issue yet. they can't even get the 3 english words they copied from elsewhere right! :doh:

the best i have seen was

" Faster Grab"

ajhahhahahahahahha

bargain hunter
13-07-10, 00:40
hey, at least that is singlish but has some meaning.

i think when they write something that is a total opposite, that's truly dumb. i still can't get over "buy AND regret"...buy already and regret, what for buy?

the best i have seen was

" Faster Grab"

ajhahhahahahahahha

devilplate
13-07-10, 00:40
the best i have seen was

" Faster Grab"

ajhahhahahahahahha

but i encountered twice...firesale...i call the agt...very lousy attitude...saying under negotiations...den i say i can just offer the asking price if i like it after viewing...den simply say call me back...i wait and wait ...later call back...told me sold:banghead:

both units r advertised for the first time...and i called b4 10am!

bargain hunter
13-07-10, 00:41
could it be kelong? they advertise to show seller they did advertise but on the side, they already have someone ready to buy at an even lower price. unethical.

but i encountered twice...firesale...i call the agt...very lousy attitude...saying under negotiations...den i say i can just offer the asking price if i like it after viewing...den simply say call me back...i wait and wait ...later call back...told me sold:banghead:

devilplate
13-07-10, 00:45
could it be kelong? they advertise to show seller they did advertise but on the side, they already have someone ready to buy at an even lower price. unethical.

so sometimes, wana grab also dun hf the chance:(

the other time even worse...i was driving on my way to the site to mit the agt...halfway, the agt said oredi rec offer and ask me to go hm! i kpkb and he just hang up the phone!

proud owner
13-07-10, 00:46

my bad experience was this :

since i oversea ..cannot go viewing right .. so i ask my friend to callthe agent .. i even emailed the agent to tell him my friend MR XXX will contact him

agent told my friend he will arrange viewing ..they never call back

when my friend called again on saturday morning .. he said he not free ..

knn

another lagi best ..
my friend called on tue ..make appt for viewing on sat ..
meanwhile unit was sold on thur ..they didnt tell me or my friend ..when my friend went ..he showed another unit ..

waste my time

proud owner
13-07-10, 00:49
so sometimes, wana grab also dun hf the chance:(

the other time even worse...i was driving on my way to the site to mit the agt...halfway, the agt said oredi rec offer and ask me to go hm! i kpkb and he just hang up the phone!

ahhahaha

we all have our share of interesting encounter ..

i once called an agent ..said .. i am around the area .. can i view .. he said he not free ..

i said no problem ..give me the unit number ( a landed) .. i just drive by to view from outside .. i sweared to him i was not an agent

he then gave me the unit number .. i saw .. was ok

so i called him back and make appt on weekend ..

guess what ?

it was a totally differnt unit .. but on the said street .. knn wasted my time right ?

devilplate
13-07-10, 00:53
ahhahaha

we all have our share of interesting encounter ..

i once called an agent ..said .. i am around the area .. can i view .. he said he not free ..

i said no problem ..give me the unit number ( a landed) .. i just drive by to view from outside .. i sweared to him i was not an agent

he then gave me the unit number .. i saw .. was ok

so i called him back and make appt on weekend ..

guess what ?

it was a totally differnt unit .. but on the said street .. knn wasted my time right ?

for landed, they will nvr disclose the actual unit over the phone...they will always ask u to mit at main road or nearby den direct u...very KS! if we really wana cut agts...we can always knock door after viewing rite...damn funny one:doh:

proud owner
13-07-10, 00:58
for landed, they will nvr disclose the actual unit over the phone...they will always ask u to mit at main road or nearby den direct u...very KS! if we really wana cut agts...we can always knock door after viewing rite...damn funny one:doh:

i know

i understand their dilemma

but after i viewed the fake unit .. and expressed interest .. he not shy ?
still didnt tell me when i made appt to view inside ..

anywya i didnt buy ..the 'real' unit was not ideal ..

he asked if i needed him to 'lookout' for other units for him ...ahhhahahah

i dunno what to reply him

was angry but laughable at the same time

bargain hunter
13-07-10, 00:59
for landed, one agent told me cannot tell me the house number as owner had previous bad experience of potential buyers hanging around outside the house so told him cannot disclose. :doh:

proud owner
13-07-10, 01:03
for landed, one agent told me cannot tell me the house number as owner had previous bad experience of potential buyers hanging around outside the house so told him cannot disclose. :doh:

i had the same experience actually

i DIDNT even plan to sell my house ...or expressed any interest to do so ..

some strangers ...couples ..would drive into the estate.. the parked their cars and walked around

then can press my door bell .. asked if they can come in to view

hahaha funny right ?

i told them i am not selling .. they still give me their tel .. said to call them if i want to sell ..and claimed they are not agents ..

i kana this a few times in early 2009

bargain hunter
13-07-10, 01:09
ok. so maybe its a valid reason afterall hee.

i had the same experience actually

i DIDNT even plan to sell my house ...or expressed any interest to do so ..

some strangers ...couples ..would drive into the estate.. the parked their cars and walked around

then can press my door bell .. asked if they can come in to view

hahaha funny right ?

i told them i am not selling .. they still give me their tel .. said to call them if i want to sell ..and claimed they are not agents ..

i kana this a few times in early 2009

maisonjai
13-07-10, 10:03

they could be testing mkt price.;)

devilplate
13-07-10, 10:14
they could be testing mkt price.;)

those 2 r genuine as i saw the exact unit caveated later.

if they r fishing, they will call me back and try to promote other units.:D

wesing
16-07-10, 09:50
CDL put up an advertisement on 368 Thomson today in the Straits Times stating that 85% sold during preview.

This mean only 24 units left for grab.

Could possibly get sold out before August / lunar 7th month:D :D :D

wesing
18-07-10, 11:03
Received sms from agent this morning claiming only 4 3-bedder and 3 4-bedder left. But never mention the last penthouse so dunno whether sold or not.:scared-1: :scared-1: :scared-1:

Even if penthouse not sold, it means 95% sold liao:D Wee weeeee:cheers1:

Black_Knight
26-07-10, 10:17
What is the status now? What unit left?

wesing
26-07-10, 10:22
What is the status now? What unit left?

Not sure. No more updates from agent. Have been driving pass the area and I think the showroom still open but no more in the evening already.

Sales should be seven seven eight eight by now:D :D

focus
26-07-10, 11:05
The marketing agent said left only 2 in yesterday night's chinese financial program.

So jlrx's thoery is .. if it is sold out.. the developer have mispriced it..

26-07-10, 11:12
Maybe that is why developer dropped all the sky terrace and stuff (that was present in cube 8), they probably know that the location can sell itself.

wesing
26-07-10, 11:31
The marketing agent said left only 2 in yesterday night's chinese financial program.

But this project quite x oredi what:doh: On the preview day when all the 2-bedder were sold out, agent told me the transacted prices started from $1.2 million. If what the agent told me is true, the starting psf is between $1,359-1,376 for the lowest floor unit:eek: :eek: :eek:

How could it then be mispriced:beats-me-man: :beats-me-man: Compared to the 1989 example pointed out by jlrx where it was nearly sold out in a day, this project took more than 2 weeks to do so.

Last heard that only 10 units of the initial units launced at Terrene left as at yesterday. Dunno what the status for Waterfront Gold?

Seems like every projects north-south-east-west are selling like hotcakes:D :D

teddybear
26-07-10, 11:36
Definitely they under-priced the project. Reasonable pricing should be that they can only sell 50% in 1 month and 95% in 6 months, especially when the project has no tennis court, no sky terrace etc.
If learn from FEO means 1 year also cannot sell more than 90%. :p

But this project quite x oredi what:doh: On the preview day when all the 2-bedder were sold out, agent told me the transacted prices started from $1.2 million. If what the agent told me is true, the starting psf is between $1,359-1,376 for the lowest floor unit:eek: :eek: :eek:

How could it then be mispriced:beats-me-man: :beats-me-man: Compared to the 1989 example pointed out by jlrx where it was nearly sold out in a day, this project took more than 2 weeks to do so.

Last heard that only 10 units of the initial units launced at Terrene left as at yesterday. Dunno what the status for Waterfront Gold?

Seems like every projects north-south-east-west are selling like hotcakes:D :D

wesing
26-07-10, 11:38
Maybe that is why developer dropped all the sky terrace and stuff (that was present in cube 8), they probably know that the location can sell itself.

368 & Cube 8 just separated by Tan Tong Meng. How much difference will that make besides the former is bounded by Balestier Road and the latter by PIE? Noise aside, location is sama sama since they share the same Thomson Road traffic and mostly similar views.

But kudos to CDL for selling 368 w/o sky villas at a much higher psf than cube 8http://www.naturepixels.org/phpBB3/images/smilies/bowdown.gifhttp://www.naturepixels.org/phpBB3/images/smilies/bowdown.gif

teddybear
26-07-10, 11:41
By just not being directly beside PIE is already a BIG difference! Have you ever stayed just beside the Expressway before? :scared-3:

368 & Cube 8 just separated by Tan Tong Meng. How much difference will that make besides the former is bounded by Balestier Road and the latter by PIE? Noise aside, location is sama sama since they share the same Thomson Road traffic and mostly similar views.

But kudos to CDL for selling 368 w/o sky villas at a much higher psf than cube 8http://www.naturepixels.org/phpBB3/images/smilies/bowdown.gifhttp://www.naturepixels.org/phpBB3/images/smilies/bowdown.gif

wesing
26-07-10, 11:42
Definitely they under-priced the project. Reasonable pricing should be that they can only sell 50% in 1 month and 95% in 6 months, especially when the project has no tennis court, no sky terrace etc.
If learn from FEO means 1 year also cannot sell more than 90%. :p

CDL seems like the gan cheong type. Their recent launches (treehouse, 100 trees, Cube 8 & 368) all sell-out very fast leh.

devilplate
26-07-10, 11:45
By just not being directly beside PIE is already a BIG difference! Have you ever stayed just beside the Expressway before? :scared-3:

yes, there is a significant difference between facing a busy road vs expressway

But both of them i cannot tolerate for self stay....for investment case-by case basis lor:D

moreover, expressway noise is 24hrs

wesing
26-07-10, 11:52

The lower level 2-bedder unit at Cube 8 facing thomson road (furtherest from PIE) fetched below $1.1 million according to URA. Big difference of over $100k from similar facing units at 368.

May be launching 6 months later gave 368 an edge in terms of pricing.

devilplate
26-07-10, 12:01
The lower level 2-bedder unit at Cube 8 facing thomson road (furtherest from PIE) fetched below $1.1 million according to URA. Big difference of over $100k from similar facing units at 368.

May be launching 6 months later gave 368 an edge in terms of pricing.

it also cud be an rippling effect....since cube8 selling so well....ppl will tink tat area is HOT! Plus, media had been promoting tat project:D

jlrx
26-07-10, 12:02

CDL had been too kind giving away their properties for a pittance. Remember CDL sold their Hong Leong Gardens for only a pittance and then had to buy it back from the enblockers to develop Hundred Trees.

CDL is giving away their family wealth to property buyers, whereas FEO practises PROPERTISM and releases its properties slowly to the market e.g. The Bayshore, Tanglin View etc.

PROPERTISM Rule No. 1 - Property prices always go up in the long term hence properties should only be bought and not sold.

Now I know why CDL's family networth is so much lower than FEO's. I remember 20 years ago, both CDL and FEO families were both billionaires with about the same wealth, but now FEO (US$8 billion) is much richer than CDL (US$1.2 billion). (Of course some people here might argue that most of their wealth is only on paper and they cannot go for holidays or buy fast cars until they realise their gains).

Ng Teng Fong Net Worth US$8 billion
http://www.richestpersons.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/NG1_thumb.jpg (http://www.richestpersons.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/NG1.jpg)
Singapore billionaire Ng Teng Fong, the city-state’s richest man. He was born in a small village in Putain, Fujain, china on 2nd Feb-1928. He was the head and patriarch of the unlisted Far East Organization, one of the three largest developers in Singapore alongside CapitaLand and City Developments. And also the founder of Hong Kong developer Sino Land, now it is lead by his son Robert Ng. Now his net worth is $8billion.

Kwek Leng Beng Net Worth US$1.2 billion
http://www.richestpersons.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/KwekLengBeng_thumb.jpg (http://www.richestpersons.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/KwekLengBeng.jpg)
Kwek Leng Beng is a singapore businessman. Kwek Leng Beng is a member of the Board of Trustees of the Singapore Management University. Kwek may own 88 hotels on four continents today and he is the Executive Chairman of Hong Leong Group Singapore, which is Singapore’s largest finance company, with a network of 28 branch offices. Now his estimated networth is $1.2 billion.

wesing
26-07-10, 12:02
yes, there is a significant difference between facing a busy road vs expressway

But both of them i cannot tolerate for self stay....for investment case-by case basis lor:D

moreover, expressway noise is 24hrs

Noise aversion is a subjective thing. As for me, I specifically selected a 2-bedder at Cube 8 that face the PIE (even though it costs more than those facing thomson road) coz noise to be not a big issue. I like this unit bcoz it is the center unit so no sun will get to shine on the walls. Hates getting back home into a oven. As for the noise, I am only home after 9 pm anyway. Probably could just spend some $ to soundproof the windows to the master bedroom better.

Btw, located at a traffic junction could also be very noisy especially when some idiotic drivers stepped hard on the accelerator when the lights turn green:D :D

devilplate
26-07-10, 12:05
FEO still owned TONS of FH land!

they even deployed such strategy: selling 99LH on a FH land!!! SUPER PROPERTISM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

devilplate
26-07-10, 12:10
Noise aversion is a subjective thing. As for me, I specifically selected a 2-bedder at Cube 8 that face the PIE (even though it costs more than those facing thomson road) coz noise to be not a big issue. I like this unit bcoz it is the center unit so no sun will get to shine on the walls. Hates getting back home into a oven. As for the noise, I am only home after 9 pm anyway. Probably could just spend some $ to soundproof the windows to the master bedroom better.

Btw, located at a traffic junction could also be very noisy especially when some idiotic drivers stepped hard on the accelerator when the lights turn green:D :D

anyway, tats ur home....ur $....u happy can liao:D
u can also on aircon whenever u r at home....i noticed most ppl does tat even for my place which is quiet....office a/c...naturally back home also a/c?:D

sun shine onto the wall...i dun feel it....but it is a KILLER even if sunlight shines partially into ur windows (Full ht windows somemore)

u can also visit a unit at The Arte tat faces the PIE to get a feel of the noise lor:D

jlrx
26-07-10, 12:21
FEO still owned TONS of FH land!

they even deployed such strategy: selling 99LH on a FH land!!! SUPER PROPERTISM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FEO is the Godfather of PROPERTISM.

They are only one level below the GOD of PROPERTISM - Our Government.

I pray to the GOD of PROPERTISM that they convert all empty state land into gardens like Gardens by The Bay or Botanic Gardens, instead of tendering out to developers.

Isn't Singapore supposed to be a "Garden City"?

devilplate
26-07-10, 12:34
I pray to the GOD of PROPERTISM that they convert all empty state land into gardens like Gardens by The Bay or Botanic Gardens, instead of tendering out to developers.

Isn't Singapore supposed to be a "Garden City"?

cannot be ALL lah! expecting so many FT r coming....population nid to grow so as to satisfy the growing economy. dun build more homes....leads to social problems too...goto balance it...tats the toughest equation:D

devilplate
26-07-10, 12:36
by the way, dun worry lah...SG govt knows propertism more den any1 of us....u see they r only selling 99LH land!!!!!!!!!!!:D

teddybear
26-07-10, 12:45
Soon, you will see 70years LH property just like in China (just enough for 1 person at 30 years old to buy and die in it (at about 100 years old at the most), not much time less to pass down to next generation). Like that can sell cheaper mah (in asbolute price sense) :D
You will also see more studios at 300-500 sqft for the old at 30 years LH.

by the way, dun worry lah...SG govt knows propertism more den any1 of us....u see they r only selling 99LH land!!!!!!!!!!!:D

devilplate
26-07-10, 12:51
Soon, you will see 70years LH property just like in China (just enough for 1 person at 30 years old to buy and die in it (at about 100 years old at the most), not much time less to pass down to next generation). Like that can sell cheaper mah (in asbolute price sense) :D
You will also see more studios at 300-500 sqft for the old at 30 years LH.

FULLY AGREED!!!

my fren was asking me...ppty prices so high liao...still can go up meh as there will be a price level tat ppl cannot afford anymore...den i say govt may start to sell 60-70LH land:D

btw, only big cities in China got 60-70LH rite? i am not familiar with overseas ppty wor...always hearsay....

teddybear
26-07-10, 12:51
To me, west sun and expressway noise are the worst! But if you unit is on very high floor, then the expressway noise may not be that bad (although still bad but still some people will grow use to it as ear sensitivity is not an issue to them (but I can't)). Recently I heard a common myth/belief from friends that the higher floor you are, the more noisy it will be - But I found this to be nonsense (there are scientific studies conducted already to proof that this is false (Probably some people want to sell their low floor units at a higher price than the high floor units and spreaded such myth around? :banghead:)).

DC33_2008
26-07-10, 12:52
anyway, tats ur home....ur $....u happy can liao:D
u can also on aircon whenever u r at home....i noticed most ppl does tat even for my place which is quiet....office a/c...naturally back home also a/c?:D

sun shine onto the wall...i dun feel it....but it is a KILLER even if sunlight shines partially into ur windows (Full ht windows somemore)

u can also visit a unit at The Arte tat faces the PIE to get a feel of the noise lor:D

Fresh outdoor air is better than those air-conditioned air like in most homes in Singapore that are installed with split-airconditioners which have no outdoor air provision. One may be breahting the same air for 24hours or more. It can lead to BRI (Building Related Illness) or SBS(Sick Building Syndromes). 368 is better than arte and vista in this respect. I must declare that I have no special interest in 368. Tempted to buy but on second thought did not after gone to the overhead bridge that links between toa payoh and balestier to assess the noise level.

devilplate
26-07-10, 12:56
To me, west sun and expressway noise are the worst! But if you unit is on very high floor, then the expressway noise may not be that bad (although still bad but still some people will grow use to it as ear sensitivity is not an issue to them (but I can't)). Recently I heard a common myth/belief from friends that the higher floor you are, the more noisy it will be - But I found this to be nonsense (there are scientific studies conducted already to proof that this is false (Probably some people want to sell their low floor units at a higher price than the high floor units and spreaded such myth around? :banghead:)).

cud be the lower flr units got immediate trees blah blah to block part of the noise....i visited areas whr beacon heights is located....i walk ard the ground flr...cannot hear much traffic noise....it is well shielded by trees

and u r right...the higher u goes...cfm less noisy lah....i been to citylights 10+ flr nearest to the road vs 30+ flr...cant really heard any noise....

DC33_2008
26-07-10, 12:58

Sound wave travels radially from the noise source. You friend is right to say that higher floor can be more noisy unless you are like more than 30 storeys and above. You will only hear it as humming noise as sound level is lost through the air. It also depends on the location and frequency of the noise source. It can be worst if it is in the heart of highrise buildings because reflection of noise can occur by these hard surfaces. There is something call resonance too.

teddybear
26-07-10, 13:00
I didn't believe they can sell so well, so wait & wait then go and see hoping to pick up bargain but agent showed us the elevation chart with red stickers all over! - LEFT only a few units, all low floor 3 & 4 bedders (these will no have view to speak of, blocked left, right, centre!) :banghead:

Fresh outdoor air is better than those air-conditioned air like in most homes in Singapore that are installed with split-airconditioners which have no outdoor air provision. One may be breahting the same air for 24hours or more. It can lead to BRI (Building Related Illness) or SBS(Sick Building Syndromes). 368 is better than arte and vista in this respect. I must declare that I have no special interest in 368. Tempted to buy but on second thought did not after gone to the overhead bridge that links between toa payoh and balestier to assess the noise level.

devilplate
26-07-10, 13:01
Sound wave travels radially from the noise source. You friend is right to say that higher floor can be more noisy unless you are like more than 30 storeys and above. You will only hear it as humming noise as sound level is lost through the air. It also depends on the location and frequency of the noise source. It can be worst if it is in the heart of highrise buildings because reflection of noise can occur by these hard surfaces. There is something call resonance too.

u r the man!:D

august
26-07-10, 13:10
is a perception thing

at very high floor u can pick up things from further away, e.g. traffic noise from far away expressway, but noise from immediately downstairs become less audible.. u feel like in your own world plus the view and u can sometimes feel insulated from the world ~

at low to mid floor u will hear downstairs kids screaming playing, car park noise, trucks unloading etc, but traffic noise from far away expressway becomes less audible.. but u can feel closer to the world~

so is wat kind of noise u prefer

teddybear
26-07-10, 13:18
So in low floor units, the "downstairs noise" you mentioned already drowned out the expressway traffic noise? (not that the expressway traffic noise becomes smaller than high floor units but rather, it is that in low floor units the expressway traffic noise is lower than that of the louder & closer "downstairs noise"!) :scared-3:

is a perception thing

at very high floor u can pick up things from further away, e.g. traffic noise from far away expressway, but noise from immediately downstairs become less audible.. u feel like in your own world plus the view and u can sometimes feel insulated from the world ~

at low to mid floor u will hear downstairs kids screaming playing, car park noise, trucks unloading etc, but traffic noise from far away expressway becomes less audible.. but u can feel closer to the world~

so is wat kind of noise u prefer

devilplate
26-07-10, 13:21
Raintree best for peaceful lovers:D

BUT mabe birds chirping and other funny noises made by animals/insects etc cud be a problem as well? :D

august
26-07-10, 13:22
teddyb: yes less audible, not completely dun have ~~

wesing
26-07-10, 13:35
So in low floor units, the "downstairs noise" you mentioned already drowned out the expressway traffic noise? (not that the expressway traffic noise becomes smaller than high floor units but rather, it is that in low floor units the expressway traffic noise is lower than that of the louder & closer "downstairs noise"!) :scared-3:

theory very chimp:eek:

teddybear
26-07-10, 13:36
I am most scare of strange noises like insects chirping, frogs croaking, dogs howling (traditional saying is that they saw the 4-dimension things), monkeys "mating" in the forest beside raintree? :doh:

Raintree best for peaceful lovers:D

BUT mabe birds chirping and other funny noises made by animals/insects etc cud be a problem as well? :D

DC33_2008
26-07-10, 13:48
Each of us has a different threshold for noise. Someone who stays in a very quiet place will find the noise from an expressway unbearable. Never have a unit infront of the water feature or children's pool. You want to rest on weekend and the noise from the splashing of the water and children shouting and screaming can be annoying. Pls pardon me, I love kids.

wesing
26-07-10, 13:57
Each of us has a different threshold for noise. Someone who stays in a very quiet place will find the noise from an expressway unbearable. Never have a unit infront of the water feature or children's pool. You want to rest on weekend and the noise from the splashing of the water and children shouting and screaming can be annoying. Pls pardon me, I love kids.

If they are your own kids, the noises will be music to your ears right:D :D

maisonjai
26-07-10, 14:14

water feature so bad meh? every weekend when i wake to that pik pik piak piak, it sounded very resort leh & therapy effect during the evening when i return home :D.

i believe long stretch of road is the worst, bikers & boy racers will wake u up in the middle of the night with their exhaust.:scared-5:

cashrich
26-07-10, 14:19
read the signs... first see the launches... many rush to launch means good price/market/opportunity. It also means it would drop later. If it would not drop later, why rush? Get it?

Next take the take up rate with a pinch of salt, lots of it... it is no secret that developers buy up some of their units for sale in the subsale or resale market.

In normal times to boomz time, buy only if u need a roof over your head.

In crisis time, take you pick... you have a golden egg at hand if you choose correctly. That's the time for smart investors.

DC33_2008
26-07-10, 15:07
If they are your own kids, the noises will be music to your ears right:D :D

What do you think if you are listening to classical music and the kids are screaming? Do you think it will still be music?

DC33_2008
26-07-10, 15:10
read the signs... first see the launches... many rush to launch means good price/market/opportunity. It also means it would drop later. If it would not drop later, why rush? Get it?

Next take the take up rate with a pinch of salt, lots of it... it is no secret that developers buy up some of their units for sale in the subsale or resale market.

In normal times to boomz time, buy only if u need a roof over your head.

In crisis time, take you pick... you have a golden egg at hand if you choose correctly. That's the time for smart investors.

Do not quite get your statemengt "buy only if u need a roof over your head"? Property owner would have lots of heads.