PDA

View Full Version : Greenwich @ Seletar (99 by Far East Organisation)

Pages : [1] 2

eddiehu
02-06-10, 15:38
Brand New Project near Jalan Kayu and Yio Chu Kang Road.

With Shop House at Level 1 and Residential on top.
Designed as a Holland V style residential Area.
Great for investment and in tune with the future Seletar Aerospace.
A must have project that is uniquely designed in the area.

For first hand information, please contact Eddie Hu @ 91881715.

sleek
02-06-10, 15:41
Another Siglap V as well? :D

02-06-10, 16:39
Far East still selling Serenity Park, just down the road. :doh:
Although Greenwich is in a much better location and has commercial shops.

scsc
02-06-10, 16:55
Far East still selling Serenity Park, just down the road. :doh:
Although Greenwich is in a much better location and has commercial shops.
maybe Serenity Park sales slow so trying to push it with nearby projects.... usual technique of Big boys with Big land bank :scared-5:

alamak... on 2nd look on map, so near reservoir but no reservoir view...:doh:

03-06-10, 08:44
if not mistaken, the land behind greenwich is also up for the coming GLS.

devilplate
03-06-10, 10:27
dun tink this project gona launch anytime soon...

eddiehu
05-06-10, 13:00
Site Area 226,044 sf
319 units
5 storey with commercial shophouse
(Jalan Kayu/Yio Chu Kang Road)
Ceiling height 3.6m to 4.5m
1 Bedroom 618-731
2 Bedroom 900-1152
3 Compact Bedroom 1108-1323
3 Bedroom 1259-1509

Est 850 psf

Call Eddie Hu @ 91881715 for VVIP Preview

devilplate
05-06-10, 13:07
this location like in middle of nowhr..

Komo
05-06-10, 13:45
Site Area 226,044 sf
319 units
5 storey with commercial shophouse
(Jalan Kayu/Yio Chu Kang Road)
Ceiling height 3.6m to 4.5m
1 Bedroom 618-731
2 Bedroom 900-1152
3 Compact Bedroom 1108-1323
3 Bedroom 1259-1509

Est 850 psf

Call Eddie Hu @ 91881715 for VVIP Preview

Looks cheap. But I wonder what is the size of compact bedroom. If area is 1323 or in the range of 1200 how small can 3 bedrooms be?

eddiehu
18-06-10, 10:04
The Booking for Greenwich has started.

Be the first to own a Holland V style home at Seletar. With Seletar Aerospace Park at your doorstep, it will have great potential.

For Booking or VVIP preview, contact Eddie Hu @ 9188 1715

bargain hunter
18-06-10, 10:21
looks cheap for the middle of nowhere?!?!?! :confused: :scared-3:

Looks cheap. But I wonder what is the size of compact bedroom. If area is 1323 or in the range of 1200 how small can 3 bedrooms be?

Wild Falcon
18-06-10, 10:43
Don't like projects with shops below type.

proud owner
18-06-10, 10:47
Don't like projects with shops below type.

concept is ok .. but depends on location lah ...

i kind of like .. Pandan Valley , Ridge wood where they are residentially quiet ..hence with the shop is good ..

BUT not Siglap V, Robertson Quay, UE Square and the wet ground floor ION ......
amenities all nearby .. i dun need more crowd downstairs

Wild Falcon
18-06-10, 10:53
hmm.... at places like Siglap V - you may end up having some massage parlours on the ground floor - who knows right? just look at katong area.

concept is ok .. but depends on location lah ...

i kind of like .. Pandan Valley , Ridge wood where they are residentially quiet ..hence with the shop is good ..

BUT not Siglap V, Robertson Quay, UE Square and the wet ground floor ION ......
amenities all nearby .. i dun need more crowd downstairs

proud owner
18-06-10, 10:57
hmm.... at places like Siglap V - you may end up having some massage parlours on the ground floor - who knows right? just look at katong area.

exactly .. so the concept does not work for some location ...

Siglap V is a NO NO for me .. however i dun mind buying the shop space though .. but i heard it was 'mass sold' to one owner .. i am referring to the shops

18-06-10, 11:03
The commercial/ retail section is quite substantial.

Really at mercy of landlord (tenants) as to whether they keep to the original theme of the area or forgo it for rental especially when the development ages.

eddiehu
18-06-10, 11:40
Greenwich will have separate areas for commercial and living.

Eddie Hu 9188 1715

eddiehu
18-06-10, 12:03
Jun 18, 2010

Seletar Hills to get 'village'

Far East plans mall on market site modelled after Holland Village

By Francis Chan

http://www.straitstimes.com/STI/STIMEDIA/image/20100617/front-fcgreen-fareast.jpg Called Greenwich V, it will have a Cold Storage supermarket, pharmacy, 24-hour convenience store and foodcourt, and a slew of other lifestyle and essential services. It will also have alfresco dining and play areas, and open space for community events and weekend markets. -- PHOTO: FAR EAST ORGANIZATION

A NEW retail project unveiled yesterday promises to add some buzz to the quiet Seletar Hills estate, where its old Housing Board wet market used to be.
Far East Organization plans to build a 45,000 sq ft two-storey mall with all modern conveniences on the site of the former market at the corner of Seletar and Yio Chu Kang roads.
Called Greenwich V, it will have a Cold Storage supermarket, pharmacy, 24-hour convenience store and foodcourt, and a slew of other lifestyle and essential services. It will also have alfresco dining and play areas, and open space for community events and weekend markets.
What was once just four blocks of HDB flats, a wet market and a hawker centre will be transformed into a modern and trendy 'village' that could open by the end of next year.
When the old market was demolished more than five years ago for redevelopment, residents of the estate lost the only amenities they had in the vicinity.
Mr Chng Kiong Huat, Far East executive director for development and planning, told The Straits Times that Greenwich V will be big on food and beverage offerings.

Contact Eddie @ 9188 1715

18-06-10, 12:16
Hopefully this will give life and much needed character to the area. :sleep:

devilplate
18-06-10, 12:57
if its FH still can consider...99 without MRT nono

Wild Falcon
18-06-10, 17:24
Try to hard to be like "Holland Village", just like Siglap V. Copycat end up having no character. This is another FEO project? FEO = earth shattering price? Looking at the lacklustre performance of FEO projects with many >50% unsold (other than Mi Casa and Hillvista), maybe they should learn a lesson or 2 and start to price reasonably for this? We can only hope.

Hopefully this will give life and much needed character to the area. :sleep:

devilplate
18-06-10, 19:19
Try to hard to be like "Holland Village", just like Siglap V. Copycat end up having no character. This is another FEO project? FEO = earth shattering price? Looking at the lacklustre performance of FEO projects with many >50% unsold (other than Mi Casa and Hillvista), maybe they should learn a lesson or 2 and start to price reasonably for this? We can only hope.

smtimes can make tons from FEO projects:D

not all of their projects no gd...can aso buy projects near to their projects as well:D

azeoprop
18-06-10, 20:08
wonder what is the potential for this project? :beats-me-man:

99yrs, no mrt, only a few bus services and quite far from town. Maybe can launch below 800psf? :rolleyes:

devilplate
18-06-10, 20:35
wonder what is the potential for this project? :beats-me-man:

99yrs, no mrt, only a few bus services and quite far from town. Maybe can launch below 800psf? :rolleyes:

FEO wor..tink ard 800psf...follow minton pricing lor

the location really ulu...but near fish farms...gd for fishy lovers:D

gohsoonk
18-06-10, 22:34
Fish farms are going away...reported in the papers

FEO wor..tink ard 800psf...follow minton pricing lor

the location really ulu...but near fish farms...gd for fishy lovers:D

new2mondrian
19-06-10, 00:32
actually this devt is right across the street from the Buangkok flats. Given HDB is aggressively launching its BTO units around Buangkok/Anchorvale(SengKang) area, it is always a far better deal to get a HDB across the road for $2XX-3XXk, since both are 99-year devts. My 2 cents. Really not near to anything except Jalan Kayu roti prata shops, not to mention there is too much competition from the brand new HDB across the street... hence limited upside over the long run.

devilplate
19-06-10, 00:37
actually this devt is right across the street from the Buangkok flats. Given HDB is aggressively launching its BTO units around Buangkok/Anchorvale(SengKang) area, it is always a far better deal to get a HDB across the road for $2XX-3XXk, since both are 99-year devts. My 2 cents. Really not near to anything except Jalan Kayu roti prata shops, not to mention there is too much competition from the brand new HDB across the street... hence limited upside over the long run.

the key thing to mass market condo is MRT now..

The quartz is doing fairly well with their prices:D

new2mondrian
19-06-10, 00:57
the key thing to mass market condo is MRT now..

The quartz is doing fairly well with their prices:D

yup yup, i certainly agree with that, though the Quartz is surrounded by nothing but brand new HDB flats it still did fairly well for the original owners who paid below $550psf (not for the subsequent ones who paid more than $750psf).

But Greenwich V is really not near to anything, and even the LRT station is relatively far as compared to the Buangkok residents. The drive down the CTE (entry point at AMK Ave 5) will be a nightmare every morning. The traffic tailback for all the SengKang/Buangkok residents trying to enter the CTE will be quite horrendous, not to mention the subsequent jam down the entire CTE stretch. My 2 cents. But of course if FEO prices this at $650-700psf, it will be a different story.

devilplate
19-06-10, 01:20
yup yup, i certainly agree with that, though the Quartz is surrounded by nothing but brand new HDB flats it still did fairly well for the original owners who paid below $550psf (not for the subsequent ones who paid more than $750psf).

But Greenwich V is really not near to anything, and even the LRT station is relatively far as compared to the Buangkok residents. The drive down the CTE (entry point at AMK Ave 5) will be a nightmare every morning. The traffic tailback for all the SengKang/Buangkok residents trying to enter the CTE will be quite horrendous, not to mention the subsequent jam down the entire CTE stretch. My 2 cents. But of course if FEO prices this at $650-700psf, it will be a different story.

tats explains y this project dun haf any supporters here:D

cl0ver
19-06-10, 21:38
this place is actually along YCK road where one section are all landed seletar homes and the other side hdbs...
its actually sengkang and not buangkok...
the YCK road goes straight to YCK CTE exit..

the hdb flats nearby will surely appreciate with extra amenities, since the other end is Fernvale point where the LRT is with 24hrs NTUC and Koufu...
and of coz Jalan Kayu which not only have prata shops but spizza, mad jacks, jerry's bbq and the famous Jenny cake house..

Seletar aerospace? that is damn far away down the camp area...

Komo
20-06-10, 09:45
I think the project will benefit those landed property owners nearby the most because currently there is as good as no neighourhood amenities. From the map it does seem that the aerospace, if not mistaken, is slightly further up the tampines expy which is quite near here.

21-06-10, 08:49
The showflat looks to be ready within a week or two.

I would like to be first in the 650 psf queue.:D

pupboy
21-06-10, 10:24
Compared to Buangkok, Greenwich V is definitely near to CTE and in central location. As for distance to Fernvale LRT, it is just a cross 2 roads, we can see the LRT from Greenwich. 3mins if you drive and 10 - 12mins walking distance.

Seletar Neighbourhood !

cl0ver
21-06-10, 10:27
yeah... seletar neighbourhood is quite nice and quiet....
just that more and more HDBs around fernvale are coming up...
i think its close to 3000 more units which surely will clog the jalan kayu road turning into YCK to exit CTE/SLE....

hope they will open another road at the fish farm...

21-06-10, 10:53
dun Think the LRT is going to be a big selling point of this project. Anyway just to add the LRT goes in 1 direction and is very confusing:confused: when boarding at Sengkang.

Compared to Buangkok, Greenwich V is definitely near to CTE and in central location. As for distance to Fernvale LRT, it is just a cross 2 roads, we can see the LRT from Greenwich. 3mins if you drive and 10 - 12mins walking distance.

Seletar Neighbourhood !

amk
21-06-10, 12:05
... Looking at the lacklustre performance of FEO projects with many >50% unsold (other than Mi Casa and Hillvista), maybe they should learn a lesson or 2 and start to price reasonably for this?
...actually I'm not so sure FEO's model is a failure. Its 10y forward pricing is ultimately being recognized. So what if it takes 10ys to sell ? At probably 60% mark, all costs are recovered.
.. btw all thanks to FEO, over the years, many parts of Singapore had seen their pty prices lifted single handedly by FEO.

Kenshinto80
21-06-10, 22:03
...actually I'm not so sure FEO's model is a failure. Its 10y forward pricing is ultimately being recognized. So what if it takes 10ys to sell ? At probably 60% mark, all costs are recovered.
.. btw all thanks to FEO, over the years, many parts of Singapore had seen their pty prices lifted single handedly by FEO.

Yup, very well said...all thanks to FEO AMK Centro strong hand that started the trend of mass market going for 1100psf plus....wow!

cl0ver
25-06-10, 18:53
dun Think the LRT is going to be a big selling point of this project. Anyway just to add the LRT goes in 1 direction and is very confusing:confused: when boarding at Sengkang.

i think it goes one direction before 3pm and the other after.....
not enough users lah... wait till more HDBs TOP, then im sure it will serve both directions..

jlrx
25-06-10, 21:25
Yup, very well said...all thanks to FEO AMK Centro strong hand that started the trend of mass market going for 1100psf plus....wow!

PROPERTISM Rules !!! :cheers1:

Look at this piece from today's Business Times:

Business Times - 25 Jun 2010

The value of gold as an asset class

THE resurgence of gold sends mixed signals to investors. Traditionally, gold is seen as a store of value and hedge against inflation, a safe haven in turbulent times. Increasingly, it is seen as a currency in itself, the ultimate hedge against the collapse of paper currency. The paradox is that the escalation of the gold price suggests a collapse of the financial system as we know it - surely a dire outcome.

favfuchsia
07-07-10, 16:53
Hi,

Am new here. Can any "Shifu" tell me whats the long term potential of this project? Agent says launch price about 850psf :eek: I'm attracted to the larger size 1 bedder as compared with the many small MM units everywhere else.

Appreciate any advice. Thanks Heaps!

eddiehu
10-07-10, 16:10
Hi

Looking on the recent land price that the government has sold their lands, it seem like every project will sell above 1k PSF. With a large influx of foreigners into the area from Seletar Aerospace, it will be likely that the prices of that area to raise.

Similar to what happen to Tanjong Pagar, when Icon and The Sail launching for 700 and 900 PSF respectively, and selling 1700 and 2600 PSF now. Another example is the building of biopolis raise the price of Buena Vista property price.

Contact me at 9188 1715 for more enquires.

cashrich
10-07-10, 19:51
Hi

Looking on the recent land price that the government has sold their lands, it seem like every project will sell above 1k PSF. With a large influx of foreigners into the area from Seletar Aerospace, it will be likely that the prices of that area to raise.

Similar to what happen to Tanjong Pagar, when Icon and The Sail launching for 700 and 900 PSF respectively, and selling 1700 and 2600 PSF now. Another example is the building of biopolis raise the price of Buena Vista property price.

Contact me at 9188 1715 for more enquires.

Your example not to accurate leh.. the sail = big jump when IR is announced.

The Icon... launched durng SARS so price is low... then recovery and the IR effect in D1.

But I think if the price is right... $850 psf there about... should be pretty well received. Personally... I would think that a MRT line will run through it in 5 to 10 years when more flats are built around it... it would be like Holland V. FEO is most likely to keep all the commcercial units to themselves.

Anyway just a bet.

iridrium
16-07-10, 11:57
Your example not to accurate leh.. the sail = big jump when IR is announced.

The Icon... launched durng SARS so price is low... then recovery and the IR effect in D1.

But I think if the price is right... $850 psf there about... should be pretty well received. Personally... I would think that a MRT line will run through it in 5 to 10 years when more flats are built around it... it would be like Holland V. FEO is most likely to keep all the commcercial units to themselves.

Anyway just a bet.

It is a FEO project. You can be sure you are buying at the top of the top prices. And they are rather keep the units and sell slowly like Serenity Park rather than to sell cheap.

devilplate
16-07-10, 12:14
dun shun FEO projects entirely...i make $ from their projects b4 bcoz they keep up their prices for 2nd phase, 3rd phase etc..remember they launch lakeshore at 4xxpsf and they increase the prices to 7xxpsf b4 TOP....so imagine how happy the 1st phase buyers wud be:D

but this greenwich i dare not touch...will only consider if its a FH status:D

cashrich
20-07-10, 06:45
It is a FEO project. You can be sure you are buying at the top of the top prices. And they are rather keep the units and sell slowly like Serenity Park rather than to sell cheap.

That's why they are top!

Anyway, what they are doing actually helps to property prices... the way to go is only up and not down. When it is up, people have no choice but to bite. When they know it is going down, they will wait and wait like durian to fall. You like that?

Some Villas and landed by them also not sold for a long time.. too many left but well.

You buy with assurance that there is 'price support' level. Unless they change their tune overnight. If so, alot of properties will also fall in tandum.
Just have a 10% price cut across the board will severally affect the prices and the competition. ;)

cashrich
20-07-10, 06:48
dun shun FEO projects entirely...i make $ from their projects b4 bcoz they keep up their prices for 2nd phase, 3rd phase etc..remember they launch lakeshore at 4xxpsf and they increase the prices to 7xxpsf b4 TOP....so imagine how happy the 1st phase buyers wud be:D

but this greenwich i dare not touch...will only consider if its a FH status:D

Take a bet!

favfuchsia
22-07-10, 16:33
one agt informed me that they may launch it on next month. Initially it was suppose to be end sept/ early oct. Drove past it yesterday. showflat seems almost ready.

pupboy
26-07-10, 10:42
Any news on the launch date for Greenwich in Seletar ?

Thanks

26-07-10, 10:57
Drove past last evening and saw a number of cars outside the showflat, some sort of presentation being done??

Any news on the launch date for Greenwich in Seletar ?

Thanks

devilplate
26-07-10, 11:23
yes collecting interest.

but i do worry about the mall as it is managed by FEO....:D

26-07-10, 11:55
I think this one will be interesting if far east also gets the site just behind this in the upcoming GLS.

devilplate
26-07-10, 12:12
do u noe this greenwich project whether sitting on a FH land?

jsh
26-07-10, 12:52
do u noe this greenwich project whether sitting on a FH land?

The project is 99 yrs leasehold. FEO bought the land from a government tender.

devilplate
26-07-10, 13:05
The project is 99 yrs leasehold. FEO bought the land from a government tender.

tks..do u hf the details...when was it...how much psf ppf FEO paid? how come i missed it:(

Latio
26-07-10, 15:20
Heard is going to sell at about 950psf.

30-07-10, 14:52
Just rec'd SMS saying 1 Bedder from 730k, 2 bedder fr $890k and 3 bedder from 1.08m.

PSF wise not that cheap, think the 950 psf if for 3 bedder.

Heard is going to sell at about 950psf.

pupboy
30-07-10, 17:29
Hi,

Anyone know what is the response for Greenwich in Seletar ? Are they as
hot as the new project in Lorong Chuan ?

devilplate
30-07-10, 17:34
Just rec'd SMS saying 1 Bedder from 730k, 2 bedder fr $890k and 3 bedder from 1.08m.

PSF wise not that cheap, think the 950 psf if for 3 bedder.

1bedder from 730k...meaning around 1100psf? ooo....very agressive pricing with no MRT...clap clap hooray:D

now scala buyers can say theirs is CHEAP!:D

pupboy
04-08-10, 10:14
Anybody know when is the official launch for Greenwich ? I refer to visit
the showflat on official launch so that we don't feel the pressure of rushing into buying a unit.

Thank you

teddybear
04-08-10, 10:42
Wah! Seletar 99LH also can sell at average $950 psf (meaning smaller units probably sold at $1100 psf)!
Now whole Singapore probably nobody will want to sell below $950 psf liao!

Hi,

Anyone know what is the response for Greenwich in Seletar ? Are they as
hot as the new project in Lorong Chuan ?

bargain hunter
04-08-10, 10:50
heard a few days back already sold 60+ units on VIP Preview leh. dunno why its hush hush. seems like sales has already started!

ay123
04-08-10, 10:53
Wah! Seletar 99LH also can sell at average $950 psf (meaning smaller units probably sold at $1100 psf)!
Now whole Singapore probably nobody will want to sell below $950 psf liao!

think property price has reached another level. EC & DBSS also becoming more expensive. so private definitely must be higher than EC & DBSS or it will not be attractive anymore :beats-me-man:

maisonjai
04-08-10, 11:26
heard a few days back already sold 60+ units on VIP Preview leh. dunno why its hush hush. seems like sales has already started!

ST papers, 80 out of 90+ launched taken up.

wesing
04-08-10, 11:27

The Straits Times today reported that FEO as at Monday has sold 80 out of 96 units released:D Showflat closed at 2 am the following morning to cope with the demand:scared-1: Prices range from $650k to $1.25m ($980 psf on average). 80% of all 1 & 2-bedder snapped up. All the 10 3-bedders released were sold:scared-1: Singaporean account for almost all the buyers at the preview and most are from the Seletar estate area.

Prices just keep on increasing, now spreading to the north even. $980 psf is a new record for the area. Better rush to buy now. Correction seems no where in sight at the moment:tongue3:

maisonjai
04-08-10, 11:31
think property price has reached another level. EC & DBSS also becoming more expensive. so private definitely must be higher than EC & DBSS or it will not be attractive anymore :beats-me-man:

when Frasers launch the EC near Buangkok mrt, another surprise :D

bargain hunter
04-08-10, 11:37
oh, finally its out in the papers hee. i was wondering when someone told me that a few days ago already sold 60+ out of 80 launched how come this forum was so quiet about it and no newspaper reported it for days. :D

The Straits Times today reported that FEO as at Monday has sold 80 out of 96 units released:D Showflat closed at 2 am the following morning to cope with the demand:scared-1: Prices range from $650k to $1.25m ($980 psf on average). 80% of all 1 & 2-bedder snapped up. All the 10 3-bedders released were sold:scared-1: Singaporean account for almost all the buyers at the preview and most are from the Seletar estate area.

Prices just keep on increasing, now spreading to the north even. $980 psf is a new record for the area. Better rush to buy now. Correction seems no where in sight at the moment:tongue3:

kane
04-08-10, 12:20
that location is... really out of the way ah!!

wesing
04-08-10, 13:55
More information of Greenwich Condo and site plan can be found at:

http://www.fareast.com.sg/FEOCorp.Web/index.aspx?page=home-prop-info&prop=249&utm_source=sfa_prospect&utm_medium=enewsletter&utm_content=greenwich&utm_campaign=Jul_enewsletter

FAQ regarding Greenwich Condo and Greenwich V can be be found at:

http://www.fareast.com.sg/FEOCorp.Upload/Attachment/Greenwich%20FAQ%20for%20web_1056471944.pdf

devilplate
04-08-10, 16:50
oh, finally its out in the papers hee. i was wondering when someone told me that a few days ago already sold 60+ out of 80 launched how come this forum was so quiet about it and no newspaper reported it for days. :D

HOW COME I DIN NOE ABOUT IT!!! nvr receive a single sms about the launch! :(

devilplate
04-08-10, 16:52
meadows at pierce HUAT ARGH!

bargain hunter
04-08-10, 17:13
far east sms me leh and i m not even a loyal customer, but din say when launch. i din even know it was last weekend or was it monday? anyway i was not keen.

think u must call and kao bei liao.

HOW COME I DIN NOE ABOUT IT!!! nvr receive a single sms about the launch! :(

shauntanzs
04-08-10, 17:16
Common Devilplate... You ain interested in Seletar right?

devilplate
04-08-10, 17:55
far east sms me leh and i m not even a loyal customer, but din say when launch. i din even know it was last weekend or was it monday? anyway i was not keen.

think u must call and kao bei liao.

i receive sms ...but nvr register any interest:ashamed1:

but den, they nvr tell me when they launching!

anw, will be back for an update soon....stay tuned:D

devilplate
04-08-10, 17:56
Common Devilplate... You ain interested in Seletar right?

ppty is my hobby mah....dunwan to buy doesnt mean cannot go kaypoh....hehe

i been to many showflats without the intention to buy too:ashamed1:

mr funny
04-08-10, 18:01
http://www.straitstimes.com/Money/Story/STIStory_561651.html

Aug 4, 2010

Buyers snap up 80 units at preview of The Greenwich

By Joyce Teo

THE Greenwich condominium caused a rare traffic jam in the quiet Seletar Hills estate on Monday when potential buyers flocked to its showflat to get the first bite of the cherry in a special preview.

Developer Far East Organization said yesterday that it has sold 80 out of 96 units released at the 319-unit The Greenwich on Monday. The showflat closed at 2am the following morning, in order to cope with the demand.

Prices ranged from $650,000 to $1.25 million, with the price per sq ft (psf) at $980 on average. The psf price is a record for the area, said Ngee Ann Polytechnic real estate lecturer Nicholas Mak.

'The buyers are those who really like this corner of Singapore,' he said.

Singaporeans accounted for almost all of the buyers at the preview, Far East said in a statement yesterday. Most are from the Seletar estate area, it added.

More than 80 per cent of the one- and two-bedroom units released were snapped up, and all 10 of the three-bedroom units released were sold, it said.

The Greenwich, at the junction of Seletar and Yio Chu Kang roads, has residential units and retail shops. Of the 319 residential units, 160 are one-bedroom units that Far East describes as Soho-type (small office, home office) units.

Ranging in size from 603 sq ft to 721 sq ft, they offer users the flexibility to combine an efficient work environment with the comfort and privacy of a home, Far East said. It has since sold 32 out of 40 such units released in the preview. The two- to three-bedroom units go up to 1,485 sq ft in size.

The retail shops will be in a 45,000 sq ft two-storey mall called Greenwich V, which is close to 60 per cent committed.

Far East's executive director and chief operating officer of property sales, Mr Chia Boon Kuah, said The Greenwich is 'quite unlike the typical suburban condominium'.

'It differentiates itself as a new 'trans-urban' development, set to transform the suburban enclave into a vibrant live-work-and-play urban environment,' he said.

Recently, another new 99-year leasehold project, The Scala near Lorong Chuan MRT station, also attracted hordes of eager buyers.

It has since sold 90 per cent of the 468 units, said developer Hong Leong Holdings yesterday. The Scala was priced at $1,150 psf on average.

azeoprop
04-08-10, 18:39
Looks like 1000psf is the standard for condo nowadays....omg. :doh:

bargain hunter
04-08-10, 19:01
same here, last min. then send out sms and din say launching like within next week hahaha. looking forward to ur update as usual. :)

i receive sms ...but nvr register any interest:ashamed1:

but den, they nvr tell me when they launching!

anw, will be back for an update soon....stay tuned:D

cl0ver
04-08-10, 20:35
HDBs in that area will surely increase in valuation...

proud owner
04-08-10, 21:45

if they had published it earlier ..that they sold 60 units at preview

then on the launch date .. they would have only sold 20 units .. right

so they waited till launch then report ALTOGETHER mah ..

otherwise Headline cannot use the word SNAP UP

imagine 20 out of 96 units

so now 20+60 = 80 out of 96 then can be SNAP up ..

another WOW tactics

devilplate
04-08-10, 21:49
Here is my review:

Prices: 1bedder~1150psf & 1050psf for 2/3bedder

Pro:
-Good and efficient layout again by FEO
-High ceiling height of 4.75m for ground flr and 3.85m for 2nd flr up
-Above average finishings
-35 Retail/F&B looks exciting with Cold storage, 7 11 etc ...ard 60% leased oredi
-full condo facilities with 2 gd sized pool of 40m and 50m, tennis, gym,basement carpark
-most units will have quiet facing
-Potential expats base from seletar aerospace

Con:
-99LH without MRT
-narrow Jalan Kayu road
-disgusting pricing but very good response....so....u decide:beats-me-man:

Conclusion: Will only consider if its a FH and priced at below 900psf
Buy nearby landed will be better:D

devilplate
04-08-10, 21:51
if they had published it earlier ..that they sold 60 units at preview

then on the launch date .. they would have only sold 20 units .. right

so they waited till launch then report ALTOGETHER mah ..

otherwise Headline cannot use the word SNAP UP

imagine 20 out of 96 units

so now 20+60 = 80 out of 96 then can be SNAP up ..

another WOW tactics

actually VVIP preview started on Mon which is only for internal staff/associates/bulk buyers---was told by FEO agt

Public preview started yday....

they released about 50% so far and will keep the rest until TOP...as usual

scsc
05-08-10, 14:51
Here is my review:

Prices: 1bedder~1150psf & 1050psf for 2/3bedder

Pro:
-Good and efficient layout again by FEO
-High ceiling height of 4.75m for ground flr and 3.85m for 2nd flr up
-Above average finishings
-35 Retail/F&B looks exciting with Cold storage, 7 11 etc ...ard 60% leased oredi
-full condo facilities with 2 gd sized pool of 40m and 50m, tennis, gym,basement carpark
-most units will have quiet facing
-Potential expats base from seletar aerospace

Con:
-99LH without MRT
-narrow Jalan Kayu road
-disgusting pricing but very good response....so....u decide:beats-me-man:

Conclusion: Will only consider if its a FH and priced at below 900psf
Buy nearby landed will be better:D

thankS to DP review...

Yup, agree that GW pricing is indeed aggressive forward pricing.
Certainly solely benching on potential expats base from SA park.

As FEO spokesperson says, GW is an unique "trans-urban" concept... Time will tell.. Not sure how long though :scared-5:

Wild Falcon
05-08-10, 15:19
But this Greenwich is mostly studios and one-bedder. Makes me wonder if expats who are prepared to stay in the suburbs in the far north really want to stay in such small units? Anyway, nowadays as long as one-bedder and total quantum low will be the first to fly off the shelves - never mind the PSF. I think too much liquidity around with the low interest and any Tom Dick and Harry with $100k here and there to spare also start to speculate in such small units. But I must say Far East is really slow to respond to small units - it finally show hand and start building mainly one-bedders here. It works - other Far East projects at better locations, better PSF pricing but bigger units are not moving.

A lot of places claim to be the next Holland V but never happen one. Siglap V also say its next Holland V.

05-08-10, 15:36
I do sometimes passby this area and serenity park, and for the latter location, i do see some ang mohs entering or leaving the premises. So maybe with this Greenwich up, there could be rental demand from them? :beats-me-man:

devilplate
05-08-10, 16:41
But this Greenwich is mostly studios and one-bedder.

Just to correct: around 50% comprises of 1bedder or 1bedder Loft(ground flr of ceiling height 4.75m) technically speaking, studios r refering to those without a proper partitioned bedroom. the gd thing is: its a very comfortable sized 1bedder unlikes those 3xxsqft studios which i have seen at Parc Imperial....for those who intend to buy 3xxsqft studios, better to check out ready product at Parc Imperial b4 committing to one:D

yes...50% 1bedders is ALOT! and its not cheap as quantum around 680-730k. I wud recommend 3bedder of size~1100sqft, gd size as its w/o baywindows/planter box....unlike scala 3bedders(puny common bedrooms):(

just one question: wud u mind paying abit more for a unit of ceiling height of 4.75m? (normal ceiling height nowadays 2.8 to 3m)

cl0ver
05-08-10, 17:50
i heard they will widen the jalan kayu road.... or build new access roads to SLE from the fish farms.....

devilplate
05-08-10, 18:24
i heard they will widen the jalan kayu road.... or build new access roads to SLE from the fish farms.....

FEO agt told me its cfm tat the seletar road will be widened....but jalan kayu not sure yet...i tink most likely will as well....really hope they widen, so congested, constantly with heavy vehicles and smtimes ppl anyhow double park:doh:

cashrich
05-08-10, 19:04
But this Greenwich is mostly studios and one-bedder. Makes me wonder if expats who are prepared to stay in the suburbs in the far north really want to stay in such small units? Anyway, nowadays as long as one-bedder and total quantum low will be the first to fly off the shelves - never mind the PSF. I think too much liquidity around with the low interest and any Tom Dick and Harry with $100k here and there to spare also start to speculate in such small units. But I must say Far East is really slow to respond to small units - it finally show hand and start building mainly one-bedders here. It works - other Far East projects at better locations, better PSF pricing but bigger units are not moving.

A lot of places claim to be the next Holland V but never happen one. Siglap V also say its next Holland V.

The one is different... they are landlords on the commercial units. 1 bedders are better than to house holds... single, more likely to shop and visit the entertainment spots than families... see?

The sales volume are artificially propped up by smaller and lower quantum units. So that is the sign that you should read. So Bullish is based on so small...

The main point, FEO pricing are at premium for strong price level support... u have to accept their pricing if you like the location... anyway the location has buyers with deeper pockets... In the past, Holland V no MRT.... in Future... if Greenwhich has MRT... then the price now is damm cheap. I'll bet on it.

06-08-10, 10:01
Is it likely that there will be mrt in this area? especially considering that most are landed there ?

The main point, FEO pricing are at premium for strong price level support... u have to accept their pricing if you like the location... anyway the location has buyers with deeper pockets... In the past, Holland V no MRT.... in Future... if Greenwhich has MRT... then the price now is damm cheap. I'll bet on it.

cl0ver
06-08-10, 11:57
it depends on how much the govt wants to push the aerospace park.
if they are looking at emplying 10,000 jobs, housing in that area will benefit and possibility of an MRT line

Below, taken from wiki
Master Plan

The master plan for Seletar Aerospace Park was announced by JTC Corporation on 26 June 2007.
The Seletar Airport will be undergoing upgrading to support the park. The plans include the lengthening of the airport's runway (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runway) from its current length to 1,800 metres (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metre) and the upgrading of its avionics (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avionics) systems to allow bigger aircraft to land and take off.
New roads (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Road), better infrastructure and more than 100 football fields (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_field) of space will be available to the cluster of companies that design and manufacture aircraft components and small jets (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jet_aircraft), as well as run training schools.
The park will be developed at a cost of more than S$60 million, and will be carried out in phases. When completed by 2018 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018), it will create 10,000 jobs, predominantly skilled and technical positions. The park will also help double the output of Singapore's fast-growing aerospace sector, from 2006 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006)'s record of S$6.3 billion. Tenants (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leasehold_estate) affected by the first phase of the development are preparing to relocate to a temporary area.
In finalising the master plan for Seletar, the idyllic, tranquil nature of the area with its more than 300 black-and-white colonial (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colonialism) bungalows (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bungalow), old trees (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tree) and open fields has been retained, as much as possible. Of the 378 black-and-white bungalows, 204 will be retained. Some will be converted into aerospace training schools and food and beverage (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Food_and_beverage) outlets, while 131 units will be set aside for residential (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Residential) use. For the same reason, more than 30 distinctive trees will not be cut down.
Tenants

The first few tenants are expected to move into their new premises in the third quarter of 2010. Among the front runners are Singapore Technologies (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Singapore_Technologies&action=edit&redlink=1) Aerospace, Jet Aviation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jet_Aviation), Eurocopter (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurocopter) South East Asia and EADS Innovation Works (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EADS_Innovation_Works) [2] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seletar_Aerospace_Park#cite_note-1) , all with plans to expand their current facilities at Seletar.
On 20 November 2007, Rolls-Royce plc (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolls-Royce_plc) announced plans to build its first Asian aero engine facility in the Park, slated for completion by end 2009[3] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seletar_Aerospace_Park#cite_note-2). The facility will complement its existing facility at Derby (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derby) by concentrating on the assembly and testing of large civil engines such as the Trent 1000 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolls-Royce_Trent#Trent_1000) and Trent XWB (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolls-Royce_Trent#Trent_XWB). It is expected to provide employment for about 330 people[4] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seletar_Aerospace_Park#cite_note-3).

pupboy
09-08-10, 12:15
Drive past yesterday afternoon and seems that the showflat is packed
with people. Anybody know how is the response so far ?

amk
09-08-10, 12:23
response is very good. For the launched units (FEO really holding back 4 blocks), all 2/3 bds sold, and 1bd left like a dozen.
Personally I'm very impressed by FEO's effort to single handedly transform a whole area. This area of Seletar has nothing. FEO wants to create a "town center". And it created this project, hoping to lift up the whole area. $1300-$1400 psf is being achieved. And all the agents there are "teaching" the visitors "look this is a good investment" ! 50% of the entire project are 1bds. I wonder how many buyers are being "educated" into buying for investment (800-900k for a 1bd, so basically any one can "invest").

isaaclim
09-08-10, 12:23
Drive past yesterday afternoon and seems that the showflat is packed
with people. Anybody know how is the response so far ?

Being told by an agent that it is the hottest project of the year! :doh:

devilplate
09-08-10, 12:33
response is very good. For the launched units (FEO really holding back 4 blocks), all 2/3 bds sold, and 1bd left like a dozen.
Personally I'm very impressed by FEO's effort to single handedly transform a whole area. This area of Seletar has nothing. FEO wants to create a "town center". And it created this project, hoping to lift up the whole area. $1300-$1400 psf is being achieved. And all the agents there are "teaching" the visitors "look this is a good investment" ! 50% of the entire project are 1bds. I wonder how many buyers are being "educated" into buying for investment (800-900k for a 1bd, so basically any one can "invest").

prices for 1bedder was actually 7xxk after discount....add another 50k or so for ground flr loft 1bedder....however, i still prefer the 3bedders if i were to invest over there

but nobody answer my qn yet...

will u pay more for extra ceiling height such as loft units

mantrix
09-08-10, 14:11
prices for 1bedder was actually 7xxk after discount....add another 50k or so for ground flr loft 1bedder....however, i still prefer the 3bedders if i were to invest over there

but nobody answer my qn yet...

will u pay more for extra ceiling height such as loft units

Yes I would. For me, buying a property is not just about the land area, but the cubic area. For a 500sq feet room with 2.8M height will feel much less livable than one with 3 to 3.5M height.

There is no guideline now - people usually pay more for 'feel good' loftier units but we consider that as a premium than as an actual standard.

Perhaps in future psf takes into account 3 dimensions as well...

spikey69
09-08-10, 15:22
talk about hard sell...a couple of agents were staking out the jln kayu prata place this morning handing out greenwich leaflets...

Wild Falcon
09-08-10, 21:11
Just bear in mind that FEO is not good at retail - most of its shopping malls and food outlets are epic fail. Just look at Orchard Central.

Wild Falcon
09-08-10, 21:18
It already has. Most loft unit's airspace will be counted as the floor area of the unit. I won't invest in a loft unit unless there is enough airspace to build up half a mezzanine - or else 3 meters ceiling is actually good enough. But I notice most of the new condos only have perhaps 2.7m ceiling? They seem very low.

Yes I would. For me, buying a property is not just about the land area, but the cubic area. For a 500sq feet room with 2.8M height will feel much less livable than one with 3 to 3.5M height.

There is no guideline now - people usually pay more for 'feel good' loftier units but we consider that as a premium than as an actual standard.

Perhaps in future psf takes into account 3 dimensions as well...

kane
10-08-10, 21:16
drove by there, was told phase 1 sold out, nothing to browse there until they launch phase 2.

pupboy
10-08-10, 21:23
You mean the Showflat is closed and will only be opened when Phase 2 is
officially launch ?

wesing
11-08-10, 11:07
According to The Straits Times,

"Another 94 units of the 319-unit project were sold following the start of a private preview on Aug 2, when it moved 80 units. It has sold 174 homes in total, with the average price achieved rising to $1,025 per sq ft from $980 psf last Monday.

Nearly half of the units sold have been one-bedroom units of 603 sq ft and 721 sq ft, priced from $657,000 to $850,000.

Far East said it was on course to launch the project early next month."

devilplate
11-08-10, 11:30
According to The Straits Times,

"Another 94 units of the 319-unit project were sold following the start of a private preview on Aug 2, when it moved 80 units. It has sold 174 homes in total, with the average price achieved rising to $1,025 per sq ft from $980 psf last Monday.

Nearly half of the units sold have been one-bedroom units of 603 sq ft and 721 sq ft, priced from $657,000 to $850,000.

Far East said it was on course to launch the project early next month."

FEO agt told me they gona keep the rest until nearing TOP.....:confused:

wesing
11-08-10, 13:25
FEO agt told me they gona keep the rest until nearing TOP.....:confused:

Demand too overwhelming for this project! Cannot wait till TOP oredi lah:D

cl0ver
11-08-10, 13:47
the "village" will open Q4 2011....

propertychap
11-08-10, 14:07
Problem with FEO projects is that you always have to buy it during preview. If you buy later, they will reduce the discount and the price will go upat crazy increments.
I actually wanted to get Vista Residences at Balestier but by the time I decided, it was already past the preview stage and now they are selling at 1400 psf which is ridiculous price but yet people are buying.

propertychap
11-08-10, 14:13
Anyone here can advise on the potential of this project? What do buyers see in it? Another Tree House Project ? Ulu location but with potential for growth?

devilplate
11-08-10, 16:40
Anyone here can advise on the potential of this project? What do buyers see in it? Another Tree House Project ? Ulu location but with potential for growth?

dun tink u can find any GW buyer here....

ask any FEO agt lor...haha:D

wesing
11-08-10, 16:48
dun tink u can find any GW buyer here....

ask any FEO agt lor...haha:D

What you mean by GW:confused:

DC33_2008
11-08-10, 17:55
GW buyers seem to be swayed by the less than $1m quantum amount. A 99LH development in this area at about $1000psf w/o mrt stn is really unbelievable. It is even more unbelievable to be snapped up during preview. FEO has set another new standards in this area. Maybe it is good for us as it shows that property in the prime area more undervalue.

cl0ver
11-08-10, 18:30
Problem with FEO projects is that you always have to buy it during preview. If you buy later, they will reduce the discount and the price will go upat crazy increments.
I actually wanted to get Vista Residences at Balestier but by the time I decided, it was already past the preview stage and now they are selling at 1400 psf which is ridiculous price but yet people are buying.

1400 can buy many other places...

rios
11-08-10, 19:42
if you stayed at seletar long enough, you will understand why the area is worth this value, is a very quiet and unique place for living as compared to other suburbia area.

good location for own stay, rental and investment is yet to be proven..

i believe most buyers there are looking for a home whether than for rental or investment.

ps. i may be wrong

Latio
11-08-10, 19:58
Heard tat Greenwich offered up to 16 percent disc and yet still 1099psf nett for a 603 sqft at the 1st launch.

Tat is high price but is normal for FEO projects though...

Might as well go Scala with mrt and much nearer to town...

I am not a SCala agent..

:D:D:D

amk
11-08-10, 20:19
if you stayed at seletar long enough, you will understand why the area is worth this value, I agree. this is a peaceful place, gd for own stay, and relax...
For this reason I went to look see look see...

i believe most buyers there are looking for a home whether than for rental or investment.
this is decisively incorrect. most of the buyers have to be buying for investment. 50% of the entire projects are 1bds. Less than 10% are 3 bds. How to be "most for home stay" ? every FEO agent in the show room is telling people "good investment".

cl0ver
11-08-10, 21:37
and most buyers have Seletar addresses. so it must be their play pad...
:ashamed1::ashamed1:

proud owner
11-08-10, 21:58
I agree. this is a peaceful place, gd for own stay, and relax...

this is decisively incorrect. most of the buyers have to be buying for investment. 50% of the entire projects are 1bds. Less than 10% are 3 bds. How to be "most for home stay" ? every FEO agent in the show room is telling people "good investment".

agree that seletar is a nice play to live ..

but i would prefer landed ... and use Greenwich's shopping facilities ... as oppose to living in Greenwich ..

DC33_2008
11-08-10, 22:56
It will be better to get a FH Landed property around seletar if one is thinking of own stay. Driving to and fro from CBD is a challenge in the morning and late evening.

proud owner
11-08-10, 22:58
It will be better to get a FH Landed property around seletar if one is thinking of own stay. Driving to and fro from CBD is a challenge in the morning and late evening.

good as retirement abode .. nice quiet surrounding ... and has GW shopping heheheh

Komo
11-08-10, 23:16
I agree. this is a peaceful place, gd for own stay, and relax...

I also think Greenwich is positioned as a catchment area for the potential tenant from the Aerospace hub.

DC33_2008
11-08-10, 23:23
Someone was also talking about this hub when he bought Estuary. Tenants will choose which development?

proud owner
11-08-10, 23:25
Someone was also talking about this hub when he bought Estuary. Tenants will choose which development?

estuary got reservior view ...

GW has greenery

easier to travel from GW to aerospace hub than Estuary

DC33_2008
11-08-10, 23:28
Centro or even scala may come into play. They are actually not too far from the hub if they drive along SLE via CTE.

proud owner
11-08-10, 23:32
Centro or even scala may come into play. They are actually not too far from the hub if they drive along SLE via CTE.

like that say JB also near the hub .. those at pasir ris ..taking TPE SLE direct to the Hub ..

so if you are a SINGLE expat, working at the hub .. where would you rent ?

mind you i know of expats ..working at sembawang shipyard ... you would think they would rent say Dalla vale or Seletaris ..etc ... they actually renting at newton ...

these are rare cases but seriously if you are a single expat .. and dont mind a MM unit .. where would u rent ?

DC33_2008
11-08-10, 23:38
Single expats may prefer happening place as they may like to go clubbing. Seletar may be too quiet for them. It all depends on their budget. They may just for a hdb flat.

proud owner
11-08-10, 23:46
Single expats may prefer happening place as they may like to go clubbing. Seletar may be too quiet for them. It all depends on their budget. They may just for a hdb flat.

correct

most Single expats..will not choose suburbs ..unless they are those nerdy type ..

if nerdy type ..chances are they dont get oversea posting .. so cant be expat ..

single partying expat will choose closer to city ..even if it takes a little travelling ...

why ?

can u find SPGs at seletar ? Yishun?

isaaclim
12-08-10, 00:39
like that say JB also near the hub .. those at pasir ris ..taking TPE SLE direct to the Hub ..

so if you are a SINGLE expat, working at the hub .. where would you rent ?

mind you i know of expats ..working at sembawang shipyard ... you would think they would rent say Dalla vale or Seletaris ..etc ... they actually renting at newton ...

these are rare cases but seriously if you are a single expat .. and dont mind a MM unit .. where would u rent ?

Go against the traffic direction or go with the traffic flow make hell lots of difference

DuffyDuck
12-08-10, 08:59
Transportation cost, Traffic Jams , Environment effect rental ....

amk
12-08-10, 10:27
single partying expat will choose closer to city ..even if it takes a little travelling ...

why ?

haha I have to agree with you on this one !

seen ang mo with SPGs in the lift, and the next day all in the pool. ;)

The 1bd rental concept in GW is very strange. I wouldn't call it total failure now. who knows. but FEO sure is impressive in convincing so many ppl to invest in it.

btw the location of GW has no "greenery" to talk abt. No view at all.

I'm happy for all the houses just in front of this project. Thanks to FEO they all get a cold storage at the door step. And one house is for sale now. VERY reasonable price some more, compared with $1200 psf of FEO. (I'm not agent, u go check out yourself).

cl0ver
12-08-10, 13:00
the aerohub intends to employ 10,000 skilled workers.
They may not be construction workers but they aren't really "expat" either.
i think they will get some sort of benefits and nowadays HR would classify them as "Local Plus" package.
So, i doubt many will go for newton.

proud owner
12-08-10, 23:40
the aerohub intends to employ 10,000 skilled workers.
They may not be construction workers but they aren't really "expat" either.
i think they will get some sort of benefits and nowadays HR would classify them as "Local Plus" package.
So, i doubt many will go for newton.

if they arent expats ... who will they be ?

have we forgotten what happened ? when IR's planned to employed 10000 workers ? all buy MM units near IR's, prepared to rent to them ..

and what happened ?

IR arranged with HDB and housed them in Toa Payoh HDB .. those blks were supposed to be torn down but kept for them ..

so ... ?

same same ..
10000 work, 1000 are supervisor,
1000 supervisor, 100 are managers
100 managers, 10 are expats ..

so u go work out .. how many will rent CW, Estuary, or ?...

and how many units looking for renters ? if not for own stay ..

they can always pay 4k..rent a landed house in jalan kayu with 4 bedroom ..and house 4-6 persons ..

there are many old semi D's there .. owned by old folks who cant wait to mvoe out and stay with children .. and collect rent...

cl0ver
13-08-10, 14:08
that is my point....
i believe they will more likely to rent a HDB room or unit in the Fernvale/Anchorvale vacinity...

13-08-10, 14:29
The fernvale area is indeed becoming a concrete jungle, Govt is building left, right and centre.

that is my point....
i believe they will more likely to rent a HDB room or unit in the Fernvale/Anchorvale vacinity...

teddybear
13-08-10, 15:33
Expats with families also won't choose suburbs! Why travel so far & get stuck in perpetual traffic jams for themselves, their wifes, their kids to go to school / shopping / work etc? Even more deadly, they definitely can't stand people drying their "flags" on the balconies / windows! :ashamed1: You just go any suburbs and you can admire all the "flags" on the condo's balconies / windows / etc! :doh:

correct

most Single expats..will not choose suburbs ..unless they are those nerdy type ..

if nerdy type ..chances are they dont get oversea posting .. so cant be expat ..

why ?

devilplate
13-08-10, 15:37
Expats with families also won't choose suburbs! Why travel so far & get stuck in perpetual traffic jams for themselves, their wifes, their kids to go to school / shopping / work etc? Even more deadly, they definitely can't stand people drying their "flags" on the balconies / windows! :ashamed1: You just go any suburbs and you can admire all the "flags" on the condo's balconies / windows / etc! :doh:

apparently, tenants staying in surburbs also like to display flags....well adapted oredi:D

focus
13-08-10, 21:42

Sorry, ang mohs dryed their clothes at the balcony too. You can go see in One Jervois, SeaView, etc.

In Australia, you can also see alot of people putting out clothes rack to air their laundry (even when there's a dryer around). My roommate(ang moh) was one of them.

jlrx
13-08-10, 22:04
if they arent expats ... who will they be ?

have we forgotten what happened ? when IR's planned to employed 10000 workers ? all buy MM units near IR's, prepared to rent to them ..

and what happened ?

IR arranged with HDB and housed them in Toa Payoh HDB .. those blks were supposed to be torn down but kept for them ..

so ... ?

same same ..
10000 work, 1000 are supervisor,
1000 supervisor, 100 are managers
100 managers, 10 are expats ..

so u go work out .. how many will rent CW, Estuary, or ?...

and how many units looking for renters ? if not for own stay ..

they can always pay 4k..rent a landed house in jalan kayu with 4 bedroom ..and house 4-6 persons ..

there are many old semi D's there .. owned by old folks who cant wait to mvoe out and stay with children .. and collect rent...

The IRs have opened. But has the property market collapsed? No.

These are all strawman arguments - attacking a false hypothesis.

You cannot simply create a strawman, demolish it, and then expect the market to behave like how you expect it to.

gfoo
13-08-10, 22:21
the hypothesis is not necessary false, perhaps not yet time.
but the closer we reach $1000-1200 psf avg for the suburbs, the propensity for this to play out increases

proud owner
13-08-10, 22:22
The IRs have opened. But has the property market collapsed? No.

These are all strawman arguments - attacking a false hypothesis.

You cannot simply create a strawman, demolish it, and then expect the market to behave like how you expect it to.

i didnt say that prop will collapse ..

my analysis simply shows IR's did not generate the kind of rental demand even with 10000 workers that they are employing

same for aerohub ..

one of the purpose of IR, Hubs etc is to create job for local ...

so 10000 job...easily 75 pct are local ... so will locals living in spore which take at most 1 hr from A to B need to rent ??

thats my point .. they do not create 10000 new renters ..

kane
13-08-10, 23:42
rivergate also has quite a few residents hanging their flags out.

bargain hunter
14-08-10, 00:04
if u drive along CTE, u will also see it for Park Infinia balconies. (If you are the driver, please don't look, ask your passenger to see. :) ) not sure if they are locals or foreigners though.

teddybear
14-08-10, 00:06
See, MA not doing their job! According to BSTA, residents are not suppose to dry their clothings anywhere other than their yard area within their own compound (no sticking bamboo sticks outside of the condo units or drying on balconies or outside windows etc!). :doh:

teddybear
14-08-10, 00:08
Park Infinia residents got all sort of characters? They got many MM units of 5xx - 6xx sqft! :scared-3:

if u drive along CTE, u will also see it for Park Infinia balconies. (If you are the driver, please don't look, ask your passenger to see. :) ) not sure if they are locals or foreigners though.

proud owner
14-08-10, 00:18

Just before TOP, the condos look very nice and neat .. all one color ..

then is begins with local ...upgraders ..hanging their laundry outside

then the non upgraders , after several complain without avail .. also join in

now the condos look messy ...really ugly

then the foreigners .. in an attempt to correct it, also join in the flag hanging ...to make it more uniform, more complete ..

so now the entire block is covered by laundry ... isnt it nice ? multi-colored ...

like venice

stanchan
14-08-10, 08:36
The whole problem or cause of ppl sunning clothes at the balcony is that the new co dos all have dark and dingy looking yards that face your neighbours, not getting much of sunlight..... Expat or upgraders, it does not matter

BB
14-08-10, 09:47
See below for analysis on Greenwich by Colin Tan, head of research and consultancy at Chesterton Suntec International

Recent launch prices for condos in outlying areas way above existing properties

The confirmation of the positive numbers for the private residential sector in Singapore for 2Q2010 appears to have unleashed another wave of buying onto the market.

From landed homes to HDB flats, the market is awash with liquidity. My colleagues in the appraisal department tell me that the rising prices for properties not matched by their valuations have not scuttled too many deals.

In the public housing market, higher cash-over-valuation (COVs) on top of higher prices have also not slowed the rise in the HDB resale market.

With so much cash floating around, I have often maintained that the market is always waiting for a good excuse to renew its buying activity.

That excuse was provided within the past two weeks. The Scala, a 99-year leasehold project near Lorong Chuan MRT station attracted hundreds of potential buyers – or over a thousand according to one report – that balloting was needed to sort out who got to enter the showflat first.

Of course, it helped that a private preview held earlier for Hong Leong staff and other buyers meant that about a third of the units had already been sold before the official launch.

The timing of the launch was also spot on as it came after more stations on the Circle Line from Bartley right through to Dhoby Ghaut were opened for public use. This meant that most residents in the area have already had experience using the new line.

Because the Circle Line serves mainly lower population density areas, there is less overcrowding on the trains. This means that most rides are much more pleasant than rides on the older North-South or East-West lines. To be near an MRT station is already a plus, but to be near the Circle Line is a bonus.

In the following week, the preview of The Greenwich condominium caused a rare traffic jam in the quiet Seletar Hills estate. The showflat closed at 2am the following morning in order to cope with the demand.

It has been a while since we saw such frenzied buying activity. Who are these people who stayed up to the wee hours after midnight to book a unit? Are we seeing the return of speculators to the market?

All the signs are there. On a per-square-foot basis, the reported average selling price of about $1,150 psf for The Scala is about 1.5 times the prices of existing apartments in the area.

One buyer was quoted as hoping for a 10- to 20-per-cent increase in prices within two years. This sounds reasonable, until you realise that he is already paying 50-per-cent more than for existing apartments in the area.

The jump in prices are definitely going to flow through into the third quarter private housing statistics.

The launch price for The Greenwich was at $980 psf on average, rising to $1,025 psf over the weekend – a record for a location so far away from the city centre.

One consultant was spot on when he was quoted as saying “the buyers are those who really like this corner of Singapore”.

Yes, it is really in one corner of Singapore. You need to own a car to live there or it can be pretty troublesome. Most residents in the area prefer living in houses rather than apartments. And the reason why they opt to live so far away from the city is because it is the only way houses can be affordable for them.

Why would someone choose to live in an apartment there when there are more than ample choices of apartments closer to the city with a better public transport network.

By any stretch of reasoning, I cannot see how owner occupiers can justify their purchases at these launch prices. It is also a little too much for investors.

That leaves the speculator, someone who plays the odds in the hope that it pays off and pays off really well. By their own reckoning, they need not depend on other Singaporean buyers. After all, the Chinese are coming. And they are known to pay big. Really big.

By Colin Tan, head of research and consultancy at Chesterton Suntec International

bargain hunter
14-08-10, 11:23
ok lah, PI 500sq ft for 1 bedder not too MM lah. :) and those face the back and no balcony so not the culprits hahaha.

Park Infinia residents got all sort of characters? They got many MM units of 5xx - 6xx sqft! :scared-3:

bargain hunter
14-08-10, 11:31
in the end, even within CCR also gotta see launch price and quality. for e.g. PI and Rivergate could be gotten at 800psf and 1000psf right at the bottom of the market at around 2005. that could mean it attracted upgraders. (not sure if intentional or unintentional). anyway, nowadays, as u said, every category is involved, not just locals, and the management doesn't/can't do anything? :ashamed1:

Just before TOP, the condos look very nice and neat .. all one color ..

then is begins with local ...upgraders ..hanging their laundry outside

then the non upgraders , after several complain without avail .. also join in

now the condos look messy ...really ugly

then the foreigners .. in an attempt to correct it, also join in the flag hanging ...to make it more uniform, more complete ..

so now the entire block is covered by laundry ... isnt it nice ? multi-colored ...

like venice

focus
14-08-10, 13:59
in the end, even within CCR also gotta see launch price and quality. for e.g. PI and Rivergate could be gotten at 800psf and 1000psf right at the bottom of the market at around 2005. that could mean it attracted upgraders. (not sure if intentional or unintentional). anyway, nowadays, as u said, every category is involved, not just locals, and the management doesn't/can't do anything? :ashamed1:
At around 800psf to 1000psf, it was already a high at that time. So, dont' think it was aimed at the upgraders when mass market condos around that time was only launched at 400-600psf. So PI/Rivergate definitely got furnishing aimed at mid/luxury tier

off -topic but Come to think of it.. prices have really doubled everywhere in just 5yrs..
if lucky, i would have entered the market around 2005 and imagine what $2mil can get.. or to get my present condo at half the price..

So going forward, is there room for a further doubling of home prices within the next 5yrs..? Unlikely i feel... It will be good if there's a correction ... to make this boom more sustainable for investors.

Wild Falcon
14-08-10, 14:40
Agreed. In the said Parc Infinia with 850 sq ft 2-bedders, the so-called "yard" can't even place a laundry basket - it's that tiny. I know because I went scouting for a super small laundry basket with a friend. It's no wonder everyone dry their clothes at the windows or balconies. Locals or foreign workers all the same. A house has to be practical and functional. I don't understand why people upset about others using eco-friendly methods to dry their clothes. The sun's rays are free and does not emit carbon footprint unlike dryers. Let's not always subscribe to ang moh ideas of sophistication about using dryers.

I know some of the people here has never lived in an HDB flat and therefore look down on "upgraders" and upgraders "bad" habits of harnessing the sun's rays or nature's winds to dry clothes. But it's their house - if they prefer to use eco-friendly methods, so be it.

The whole problem or cause of ppl sunning clothes at the balcony is that the new co dos all have dark and dingy looking yards that face your neighbours, not getting much of sunlight..... Expat or upgraders, it does not matter

DC33_2008
14-08-10, 14:46
It is a pity all the recent development and in particular the MM units have been contributing to global warming. Authority should review this. Both Power generation and heat loss to the environment.

Wild Falcon
14-08-10, 14:49
This Colin Tan has been talking down the market for the past 3 years. Nothing he says materialises. Also, I find it insulting for him to say that no one will live in a place away from the city center. He should just wake up - not everyone is like him who needs to stay in city center near public transport network. Lots of expensive houses are not that near the city center and not near MRT stations. There is such a thing called automobiles - does he think everyone takes MRT? There are people who likes more rustic places.

Anyway, he has no credibility because his predictions have been consistently wrong.

See below for analysis on Greenwich by Colin Tan, head of research and consultancy at Chesterton Suntec International

Why would someone choose to live in an apartment there when there are more than ample choices of apartments closer to the city with a better public transport network.

By Colin Tan, head of research and consultancy at Chesterton Suntec International

Mabel
14-08-10, 16:43
Let's put it this way. If i keep talking down the market year after year, I am sure I will be right some day because property does go through a cycle of up and down. The lowest base shifts too and may never be the same as the last cycle. So IMO, if you want to be famous for being a naysayer or Dr. Doom, just keep predicting that the market will crash some day when everyone thinks more optimistically and you could just be famous for getting it right when it does crash (which will happen because market does go up and down).

DC33_2008
14-08-10, 16:48
What goes up must come down someday. Just like the stock market. The only difference is how the duration.

amk
14-08-10, 18:11
This Colin Tan has been talking down the market for the past 3 years.
this Colin Tan lost me completely when he talked abt that 28m china buyer of the sentosa house case : " the purchase is likely to be in cash as no local bank can match this valuation". He doesn't understand the reason why the china buyer paid in cash. it's most definitely not because "bank cannot match valuation". :cool: As a "Head of Research", he doesn't even attempt to do some research before coming into that statement. All his remarks are as good as coffee shop tcss.

pupboy
14-08-10, 19:07
I fully agree with you, it take about 5mins drives from Seletar to CTE and yet he called that ulu corner of Singapore !

Komo
14-08-10, 19:55
The only place I would say ulu is jurong. It was really so 10-15years back. Still can extend somemore. Now even jurong is getting hot. Though still not hot enough. Afterall Singapore is a small city state. Very soon will run out of land. Btw i just drove north-south end to end looking for good food to tabao dinner back, in just about an hour half. Some stalls too many people and I have to move to the next...:( everywhere is so crowded.

bargain hunter
14-08-10, 20:15
i guess its more of a mid market then for those 2 projects, or high end if they like to call it but most certainly not luxury (quite a few pple won't differentiate between high end and luxury). i also think a correction is healthy for a more sustainable bull run but the moment i say that, i get slammed. :tongue3: geez...

At around 800psf to 1000psf, it was already a high at that time. So, dont' think it was aimed at the upgraders when mass market condos around that time was only launched at 400-600psf. So PI/Rivergate definitely got furnishing aimed at mid/luxury tier

off -topic but Come to think of it.. prices have really doubled everywhere in just 5yrs..
if lucky, i would have entered the market around 2005 and imagine what $2mil can get.. or to get my present condo at half the price..

So going forward, is there room for a further doubling of home prices within the next 5yrs..? Unlikely i feel... It will be good if there's a correction ... to make this boom more sustainable for investors.

Laguna
14-08-10, 21:01
See, MA not doing their job! According to BSTA, residents are not suppose to dry their clothings anywhere other than their yard area within their own compound (no sticking bamboo sticks outside of the condo units or drying on balconies or outside windows etc!). :doh:

What is BSTA?

cl0ver
14-08-10, 21:47
I fully agree with you, it take about 5mins drives from Seletar to CTE and yet he called that ulu corner of Singapore !

from GW to CTE, there is only 1 traffic light i believe and it takes 2mins.

gfoo
14-08-10, 21:48
:doh:

Kenshinto80
14-08-10, 22:19
this Colin Tan lost me completely when he talked abt that 28m china buyer of the sentosa house case : " the purchase is likely to be in cash as no local bank can match this valuation". He doesn't understand the reason why the china buyer paid in cash. it's most definitely not because "bank cannot match valuation". :cool: As a "Head of Research", he doesn't even attempt to do some research before coming into that statement. All his remarks are as good as coffee shop tcss.

Well, Colin Tan and his valuation friend also lost me completely. Since when did one valuer dictate the market value of any property? More of a question of demand and supply for a certain project. Just like any new project launch, there will be other valuers who will value the project in accordance with the developer's pricing. It's a free market and market goes up and down based on sentiment of buyers and sellers at a particular juncture in time.

august
14-08-10, 22:52
:doh:

LOL :D

gfoo
14-08-10, 23:07
LOL :D

try a social experiment. go to a busy part of orchard road. Stop, look up and stare, and start pointing at the sky. many will also stop and look up to where you're pointing too.

then keep insisting you see a ufo floating way up above.

do this long enough, somebody will eventually post it on STOMP.

go into stomp and insist that it is real, and get 1 or 2 of your friends to post that they saw it - soon you'll have a following of people that will post they saw it too

then it get's into ST

Wild Falcon
15-08-10, 00:16
Sorry. Unless the new high-end standard is very low, how can PI internal finishing be considered high end? The marble looks mediocre, bedroom flooring looks more like laminate than solid timber wood. Unless nowadays high-end standard has come down? Even toilet furnishings look worse than mass market. Or high-end standard is now like that? The fixtures are not better than mass market in my opinion but I guess different people have different expectations of high-end.

i guess its more of a mid market then for those 2 projects, or high end if they like to call it but most certainly not luxury (quite a few pple won't differentiate between high end and luxury). i also think a correction is healthy for a more sustainable bull run but the moment i say that, i get slammed. :tongue3: geez...

amk
15-08-10, 10:09

I was at the launch of both projects. PI was close to 1000, RG was close to 1200. Both definitely were targeting at mid tier buyers. Especially RG. PI case is a bit special, because it has a large spread of flat types. Some of them can be bought quite cheaply. The premium 4bds (2000 sqft ones) were never launched locally. It was marketed overseas. So PI was kind of mixed.

btw dun underestimate "upgraders" hor ;) a lot of them very rich one u know. some buyers of sentosa bungalows have HDB address ok :)

focus
15-08-10, 13:01
I was at the launch of both projects. PI was close to 1000, RG was close to 1200. Both definitely were targeting at mid tier buyers. Especially RG. PI case is a bit special, because it has a large spread of flat types. Some of them can be bought quite cheaply. The premium 4bds (2000 sqft ones) were never launched locally. It was marketed overseas. So PI was kind of mixed.

btw dun underestimate "upgraders" hor ;) a lot of them very rich one u know. some buyers of sentosa bungalows have HDB address ok :)

I never underestimated upgraders :) I am one also. But that one who bought the Sentosa bungalow one..is really .. 1 of a kind. No govt unit interested to know how come he has HDB address but can buy Sentosa bungalow?

bargain hunter
15-08-10, 13:08
i think its more like, RG and PI passed the high-end standard of the past (2005 and i also feel its more of a mid-market) but some pple (maybe more agents :tongue3:) like to call it high end simply becoz located in D9 and D11. since then, there's been a ppty boom and a lot of innovation has taken place so the high end standard shot up from 2006 to 2010. needless to say, the new mass market standard (eg Greenwich) is now higher than the high end standard of 2005. :)

Sorry. Unless the new high-end standard is very low, how can PI internal finishing be considered high end? The marble looks mediocre, bedroom flooring looks more like laminate than solid timber wood. Unless nowadays high-end standard has come down? Even toilet furnishings look worse than mass market. Or high-end standard is now like that? The fixtures are not better than mass market in my opinion but I guess different people have different expectations of high-end.

august
15-08-10, 14:57
i think its more like, RG and PI passed the high-end standard of the past (2005 and i also feel its more of a mid-market) but some pple (maybe more agents :tongue3:) like to call it high end simply becoz located in D9 and D11. since then, there's been a ppty boom and a lot of innovation has taken place so the high end standard shot up from 2006 to 2010. needless to say, the new mass market standard (eg Greenwich) is now higher than the high end standard of 2005. :)

i think in the end is the price, which in turn is determined by locale, that decides whether a project is marketed as 'high end' or not... is my looping logic making any sense? :p

focus
15-08-10, 19:39
i think in the end is the price, which in turn is determined by locale, that decides whether a project is marketed as 'high end' or not... is my looping logic making any sense? :p

Agree with you. You can have a high-end condo in a low-end location and people will think it's low-end.
You can have a low-end condo in a high-end location and people will think it's high-end.

Just like first impression when you tell people you live in landed (wa..rich).. and you live in condo (wa.. which one -"so i can see whether u r rich).

gfoo
15-08-10, 20:18
a limited edition, rose gold, quad retrograde, Master collection is still a Longines. a bottom of the range, rose gold, no complication 1815 is still a Lange.

Komo
15-08-10, 21:59
Agree with you. You can have a high-end condo in a low-end location and people will think it's low-end.
You can have a low-end condo in a high-end location and people will think it's high-end.

Just like first impression when you tell people you live in landed (wa..rich).. and you live in condo (wa.. which one -"so i can see whether u r rich).
for condo...I think should ask when buy and what size...bought 2010, area>1000 sqft...wa rich:D

Wild Falcon
15-08-10, 22:31
Agreed. These upgraders also made quite a fair bit from their subsidised flats. They tend to get their flats soon after graduation and after 5-10 years, they should have moved up the corporate ladder to be a force to be reckoned with. That's why sometimes I think the media paint them in a negative light - about upgraders cannot afford blah blah - when in reality an upgrader will have significant "leg up" compared to their peers without a HDB flat asset.

23-08-10, 08:32
Was phase 2 launched over the weekend? Saw quite a number of cars parked outside their showflats and the signs are all up.

Raydon
23-08-10, 10:43
Was phase 2 launched over the weekend? Saw quite a number of cars parked outside their showflats and the signs are all up.

Phase 2 will be launching today. I got an invitation sms to view the showroom today. :)

devilplate
23-08-10, 18:04
any update on the prices/units sold?

phase 1 prices oredi disgusting...phase 2: anymore buyers will bite?

rios
24-08-10, 20:51
any idea what is the price for phrase 2?

Raydon
25-08-10, 11:33
Went down to check out the pricing on monday night and below are the indicative prices :

1 Bedder : $1400 psf
2 Bedders : $1150 psf
3 Bedders : $1200 psf

All prices above are before 12% discount.
After the discount .... well ... you do the maths

d_p
25-08-10, 17:09
This sort of price also sell like hot cake, amazing! Still alot of cash rich people around. But guess S'pore is still relatively a safe place to buy property as compare with China, HK or our neighbours. With a target of 6 mil population, demand will always be there. If GW V with retailing and restaurants is successful, then I guess it is not bad to get 1 for own stay or for investment, considering future Airhub at Seletar, more or less rental will also be there.:)

devilplate
25-08-10, 17:19
looks like they up the prices by 50-100psf....hows the sales for phase 2? any updates?

25-08-10, 17:40
I received sms to say that there will be high tea preview this saturday, looks like they have costed in a few high-teas, bbqs, feng-shuit talks for the add'l 50-100psf. :rolleyes:

looks like they up the prices by 50-100psf....hows the sales for phase 2? any updates?

rios
25-08-10, 21:03
yup also received the sms, going down this sat for the free food and have a look :ashamed1: :ashamed1:

jencrs
25-08-10, 21:43
Ya I'll probably go down for a look too. Got free food and near my place, don't go how to call myself a true sporean? haha. Hope high tea is not just tea.

Komo
25-08-10, 21:44
why not invite friends too? have a small gathering there:D

jencrs
25-08-10, 22:30
why not invite friends too? have a small gathering there:DIt'll be awesome, I tell you. Friends celebrating bdays, young couples getting married, old couples celebrating anniversaries. Why? Greenwich has brought us all together through the power of free food. :hungry:

devilplate
25-08-10, 22:34
It'll be awesome, I tell you. Friends celebrating bdays, young couples getting married, old couples celebrating anniversaries. Why? Greenwich has brought us all together through the power of free food. :hungry:

make sure u r early:D

proud owner
25-08-10, 22:37
make sure u r early:D

can bring Tupperware ?

cl0ver
28-08-10, 17:57
food was not bad, even got sushi there...
i think the most value are the 2 bedder ground floor with a ceiling height of 4.75m
can actually build platforms and create a nice 3 bedder....
price under 1mio.

d_p
03-09-10, 10:53
Should have lelong sales going on this weekend, good time to grab one.:)

devilplate
03-09-10, 10:56
Should have lelong sales going on this weekend, good time to grab one.:)

harlow...do u noe who is the developer????:p

d_p
03-09-10, 11:15
Hi,

How long you think they can keep the unit? Until the next cycle of boom? Unlikely and not feasible bro. I guess now is buyers market liow, not speculator ofcoz.

03-09-10, 11:21
Unlikely, the sales in pharse 1 has been better than expected. more likely to get a ""free lunch"" :scared-3:

Hi,

How long you think they can keep the unit? Until the next cycle of boom? Unlikely and not feasible bro. I guess now is buyers market liow, not speculator ofcoz.

devilplate
03-09-10, 11:24
Hi,

dun nid to argue with me....save ur breath and argue with the FEO agents instead coming this wkend:p

d_p
03-09-10, 12:01
Unlikely, the sales in pharse 1 has been better than expected. more likely to get a ""free lunch"" :scared-3:

Hi, Phase 1 was before cooling measures, Phase 2 they kena hit big time, now the show room so quiet....heard phase 2 preview before cooling measures was not as hot as phase 1. Will take a walk there kachiao kachiao tomorow official launch. :cheers6:

devilplate
03-09-10, 12:09
Hi, Phase 1 was before cooling measures, Phase 2 they kena hit big time, now the show room so quiet....heard phase 2 preview before cooling measures was not as hot as phase 1. Will take a walk there kachiao kachiao tomorow official launch. :cheers6:

fyi: i was told by FEO agts during the 1st phase preview tat they gona keep the other half until TOP.....however, they start to release them after 1st phase overwhelming response....

up to u to guess their intention.....when u visit the showflat can help me to ask them y they decide to release the rest so soon?

bargain hunter
03-09-10, 13:55
i m amused that u r arguing with d_p (looks like your initials hahaha) i can't stop laughing. :)

d_p (just curious, what does your initials represent?): anyway, developer being Far East prob won't bother to cut prices if u see their adverts for 10 year old or even older developments still on sale. not only do they wait for one cycle, even 2 cycles they are also still holding. (Orchid Park completed in 1993 is still being advertised for sale sometimes).

fyi: i was told by FEO agts during the 1st phase preview tat they gona keep the other half until TOP.....however, they start to release them after 1st phase overwhelming response....

up to u to guess their intention.....when u visit the showflat can help me to ask them y they decide to release the rest so soon?

gohsoonk
03-09-10, 15:08
Yup. Far East don't give bargains...

They would rather rent out...worst case...

i m amused that u r arguing with d_p (looks like your initials hahaha) i can't stop laughing. :)

d_p (just curious, what does your initials represent?): anyway, developer being Far East prob won't bother to cut prices if u see their adverts for 10 year old or even older developments still on sale. not only do they wait for one cycle, even 2 cycles they are also still holding. (Orchid Park completed in 1993 is still being advertised for sale sometimes).

03-09-10, 16:22
FEO treats property like a non-perishable commodity, which has no shelf life. if cannot sell just inventorise, somemore can still get some returns from renting out.

Yup. Far East don't give bargains...

They would rather rent out...worst case...

rios
03-09-10, 18:18
wow, the price keep going up.. now 3 bedrm around $1.6m?? saw the ads in property guru... can buy a penthouse ......

devilplate
03-09-10, 20:22

now i understand y condorich tot i got many other clones:doh: :o

well at least u enjoyed it at my expense though:tongue3:

devilplate
03-09-10, 20:24
FEO treats property like a non-perishable commodity, which has no shelf life. if cannot sell just inventorise, somemore can still get some returns from renting out.

hope FEO descendents will uphold their reputation as being the market leader.

to me, FEO is the father of SG PPTY

of coz, govt is the AH GONG of SG PPTY:p

d_p
03-09-10, 20:56

Hey I like your id Bargain Hunter. I am one and perhaps I should starts looking for a unit again. Opps, didn't knoe my post can generates quite a bit of interest,haha. Yeah, d_p is my initial and I hope u will find good bargain too in near future. Cheers!:)

Wild Falcon
04-09-10, 21:02
Just reported in the news, showflat very crowded today :) Looks like cooling measures not working? Still got lots of cash rich people buying "affordable" suburban units (less than $1.5 million). I wonder how's Wing Tai's other "luxury" relaunch Belle Vue doing?

DC33_2008
04-09-10, 21:14
Just hope garment to implement the 4th measure so soon.

cl0ver
04-09-10, 23:11
when i was there last week before the recent property announcement, some guy just bought 3 units like that.. all same stack.....
7th month still so hot...

devilplate
04-09-10, 23:13
hows the sales figure for greenwich so far?

cl0ver
04-09-10, 23:18
i think this one quite easy to sell out....
seems like they were convinced by aerospace story...

was looking at 2 bedder ground floor with 4.75m ceiling... can easily make platforms to have another 2 rooms....
offered 977k for i think 883sqft unit...

called 3 hours later and it was sold!!

devilplate
04-09-10, 23:21
i think this one quite easy to sell out....
seems like they were convinced by aerospace story...

was looking at 2 bedder ground floor with 4.75m ceiling... can easily make platforms to have another 2 rooms....
offered 977k for i think 883sqft unit...

called 3 hours later and it was sold!!

gd choice...ground flr units r unique. 4.75m ceiling height is very comfy height to do loft

rios
04-09-10, 23:30
4.75m can make a 2 storey living room. can make a bar counter at the 2nd storey. :scared-1:

DC33_2008
04-09-10, 23:39
4.75m can make a 2 storey living room. can make a bar counter at the 2nd storey. :scared-1:

Is this legal as there is an increase in GFA? Property tax will go up if it is legal.

rios
04-09-10, 23:47
mmm..not sure , anyone know about this?

DC33_2008
04-09-10, 23:50
This is what happen to landed property with illegal increase in GFA.

maisonjai
05-09-10, 00:59
Seemed like hot money difficult to cool. News reporter interviewing a buyer at Greenwich & his reply was '现在不可以买 HDB 所以我来买多一间'. Liked his reply, very cool, the buyer not the measures.:cheers1:

devilplate
05-09-10, 01:02
Seemed like hot money difficult to cool. News reporter interviewing a buyer at Greenwich & his reply was '现在不可以买 HDB 所以我来买多一间'. Liked his reply, very cool, the buyer not the measures.:cheers1:

the first auntie also quite cool....she simply means...i got cash wat...not affected by 70% ltv:p

maisonjai
05-09-10, 01:46
the first auntie also quite cool....she simply means...i got cash wat...not affected by 70% ltv:p

ya auntie steady poon pi pi :spliff:

cashrich
05-09-10, 12:19
yup. be cash rich!

devilplate
05-09-10, 12:21
yup. be cash rich!

u r the real devil

keep saying be cash rich while monitoring any gd deals to invest anot:tongue3:

Condorich
05-09-10, 14:14
u r the real devil

keep saying be cash rich while monitoring any gd deals to invest anot:tongue3:

I think he is waiting to grab bargains.

DC33_2008
05-09-10, 14:27
ya auntie steady poon pi pi :spliff:

This group of people could be the baby boomers or enbloc owners.

Condorich
05-09-10, 14:38
This group of people could be the baby boomers or enbloc owners.

I said before here or elsewhere, cannot remember too clearly. Uncles and aunties with rich pocket, they just buy when their own property's valuation is at a record high. But when their valuation drop, their pants might drop also.

Don't worry about them, they have deep pockets.

DC33_2008
05-09-10, 14:48
It's not very good for the HDB resale market on the whole if there are no want selling or buying. The price will either stagnant or drop. No one would like to have their flats to be enbloc now as MOP will restart for this group of people.

azeoprop
05-09-10, 21:20
Went there this evening. Among the new release I think about 1/3 of them sold. All the high ceiling 1 bedder ground floor units sold out in phase 2.

Some pricing:

Cheapest unit available is #02-45 and #02-51 614sqft price $806705 after discount.
Cheapest pool facing unit #04-23 $829998 and #05-23 $836238.

All around 13xxpsf :scared-1: I think the only attractive design is the ground floor high ceiling units. Other than that nothing much special.

devilplate
05-09-10, 21:27
Went there this evening. Among the new release I think about 1/3 of them sold. All the high ceiling 1 bedder ground floor units sold out in phase 2.

Some pricing:

Cheapest unit available is #02-45 and #02-51 614sqft price $806705 after discount.
Cheapest pool facing unit #04-23 $829998 and #05-23 $836238.

All around 13xxpsf :scared-1: I think the only attractive design is the ground floor high ceiling units. Other than that nothing much special.

i received a call from FEO telemarketeer....all the ground flr 2bedder also gone...cheapest 2bedder from 1.05mil.....3bedder from 1.2xmil for 1076sqft(i rmb 3bedder around 1.1mil during phase 1)

rios
05-09-10, 23:20
rwow....record high price, we tot phase 1 & 2 are expensive now the launch price is super expensive, expect the resale property there price will went up after greenwich sales.

hyenergix
06-09-10, 09:08
Problem is interest rate for saving is too low, seriously your $ is being eaten away if you dont get a private property. At least the HDB valuation is functioning as e price floor. So everyone chiong property even if they are nothing special. But seriously 99 LH at that price is ridiculous.

propertychap
06-09-10, 10:18
Isnt this practice common for Far East? Increase price to unrealistic level and people still bite? The best time to buy a Far East property if you do have the intention is to get it at the preview, after which the price sure go up irregardless whether got buyers or not.

rios
06-09-10, 19:34
maybe ppl speculating there will be a mrt interchange at seletar to cater to the aerospace hub. this maybe one of the many reasons for the high pricing. some sort like changi expo??

peterng8
06-09-10, 21:18
i received a call from FEO telemarketeer....all the ground flr 2bedder also gone...cheapest 2bedder from 1.05mil.....3bedder from 1.2xmil for 1076sqft(i rmb 3bedder around 1.1mil during phase 1)

any idea who are the customer segment? PR, FTs, local pte pty owners, foreign investors or lastly HDB owners/UPGRADERS? interested to know so can gauge the trend roughly...:2cents: :2cents:

devilplate
06-09-10, 21:20
any idea who are the customer segment? PR, FTs, local pte pty owners, foreign investors or lastly HDB UPGRADERS?

i also curious to noe:D

i was told majority landed owners staying ard tat area...:beats-me-man:

peterng8
06-09-10, 21:22

any one can shed some light or have to wait till report come up?

devilplate
06-09-10, 21:24
any one can shed some light or have to wait till report come up?

is there such report??? mind sharing?

Condorich
06-09-10, 22:38

correct guess... but they do send their fliers all over the island.

mantrix
06-09-10, 22:42
Isnt this practice common for Far East? Increase price to unrealistic level and people still bite? The best time to buy a Far East property if you do have the intention is to get it at the preview, after which the price sure go up irregardless whether got buyers or not.

Ummm you mean Centro??

peterng8
06-09-10, 22:56
is there such report??? mind sharing?

sorry bro, what i mean is newspaper report la...chay ha ha

if i got the report of whether hdb or pte buy NEW property..i sure share with you ...:D

Regulators
06-09-10, 23:07
bro, how is biz for you after the measures? I am waiting to snap up more properties so when you think is the time to enter?

if i got the report of whether hdb or pte buy NEW property..i sure share with you ...:D

Geylang OKT
06-09-10, 23:10
bro, how is biz for you after the measures? I am waiting to snap up more properties so when you think is the time to enter?

Give or take a couple of years :D

Geylang OKT
06-09-10, 23:12

When the tide goes down then we will know who has been swimming naked :D

Condorich
06-09-10, 23:14

There are such reports.. you have to buy them or to do it yourself.

devilplate
06-09-10, 23:14
When the tide goes down then we will know who has been swimming naked :D

hmmm...any chiobu swimming now?:p

Geylang OKT
06-09-10, 23:16
hmmm...any chiobu swimming now?:p

Are you a chiobu? :D

Regulators
06-09-10, 23:18
FEO a bit bu yao lian. They future price all their projects at ridiculous prices and welcome every agent to market their ridiculously prices projects, macham like some old prostitute under many pimps :doh:

devilplate
06-09-10, 23:24
FEO a bit bu yao lian. They future price all their projects at ridiculous prices and welcome every agent to market their ridiculously prices projects, macham like some old prostitute under many pimps :doh:

apparently, got many lau tikos bite:p

acewee
06-09-10, 23:31
Well, gotta blame the chee ko peks who still lust after the 'goods'. lol

Geylang OKT
06-09-10, 23:35
my old chickens can turn better tricks then the new inexperienced chicklets :D

hyenergix
07-09-10, 09:23

My friend stays in that landed area for many years. His father is a CEO of an investment company. His father initially indicated interest in 2 units, but after seeing the price at the preview he didn't buy. So this says a lot about the potential of this project.

cashrich
07-09-10, 09:46
My friend stays in that landed area for many years. His father is a CEO of an investment company. His father initially indicated interest in 2 units, but after seeing the price at the preview he didn't buy. So this says a lot about the potential of this project.

he may by wiser one among the fools or the fool among the wiser ones. Time will reveal who is right.

That area got a lot of deep pockets. Buy for self stay or for children is a norm. Worst case, sell landed and be CASH RICH!

Expect some sales of landed property there in time to come. Especially when this TOP.

peterng8
07-09-10, 12:19

All sellers dont sell...wait till election over, or you regret big big time...:D :D

devilplate
07-09-10, 12:23
he may by wiser one among the fools or the fool among the wiser ones. Time will reveal who is right.

That area got a lot of deep pockets. Buy for self stay or for children is a norm. Worst case, sell landed and be CASH RICH!

Expect some sales of landed property there in time to come. Especially when this TOP.

watever it is...those who can afford to lose and got assets/cash rich r the winners at the end of the day.....doesnt matter they r 'fools' to buy this or tat.....in the first place, they got $$$ wat....

Those who cannot handle debt well and default on payment/overstretched r the biggest fools

focus
07-09-10, 12:51

One of the most ridiculous reason i heard from a guy whose gf is living in seletar landed area is that... the father wants to buy a small mickey mouse unit so they can use the facilities inside. Machiam buying a country club membership.

devilplate
07-09-10, 13:04
One of the most ridiculous reason i heard from a guy whose gf is living in seletar landed area is that... the father wants to buy a small mickey mouse unit so they can use the facilities inside. Machiam buying a country club membership.

errr.....i actually got a fren tat does tat....he bot a smallest unit in the Minton for wkends only so as to enjoy the facilities....tats wat he told me...i was like....hmmm

he said....'tan tio'....pay the least quantum and maintenance fee but goto enjoy all the same facilities....lol

scsc
07-09-10, 13:29
errr.....i actually got a fren tat does tat....he bot a smallest unit in the Minton for wkends only so as to enjoy the facilities....tats wat he told me...i was like....hmmm

he said....'tan tio'....pay the least quantum and maintenance fee but goto enjoy all the same facilities....lol

rich ppl in heartlands really think different:confused: from those "up" class ppl living in those traditional "up" class districts :beats-me-man:

cashrich
07-09-10, 13:31

best if can rent to PR's...

Then come back and collect rent and use the facilities.

That's why avoid MM condo's.