PDA

View Full Version : CONDO FACILITIES

sfwoo
27-05-10, 10:16
Is there any condo in Hillview that does not restrict the use of facilities for landlords who have rented out their units?

By facilities, can mean tennis court, gym, pool, carpark etc...

zzz1
27-05-10, 12:29
Is there any condo in Hillview that does not restrict the use of facilities for landlords who have rented out their units?

Normally the landloard pay the maintenance fees, even being rented out. i believe should be ok to use. I have no problems using the facilites, when i go down to pay the fees.

I did not even apply the car park pass and when i informed the MC, they mentioned that tehy will infrom the guard and allow me in. (which they did by recong my nos plate)

sfwoo
27-05-10, 19:54
Well, some Management Committees in certain condo stop people(landlords who rented out their unit) from using tennis court, swimming pool, and threatening to take away the one car park lot allocated to the unit, even though tenant got no car.

zzz1
28-05-10, 06:09
Well, some Management Committees in certain condo stop people(landlords who rented out their unit) from using tennis court, swimming pool, and threatening to take away the one car park lot allocated to the unit, even though tenant got no car.

as for my case, the MC even advise me not to apply the car pass as it cost some small deposit...and they advised that they will take note of my car nos so that i can some in/out or even overnight....

ya...i do come across some MC actually very stuck up....

peterng8
28-05-10, 09:03
as for my case, the MC even advise me not to apply the car pass as it cost some small deposit...and they advised that they will take note of my car nos so that i can some in/out or even overnight....

ya...i do come across some MC actually very stuck up....

Hi,the MC actually acts on according to the condo rules(the by law ) it is a nice booklet stating:
The Condo Name
By-Law
Management Corporation
Strata Title Plan No. 2XXX

If the MC does not act accodingly, the condo committee has the right to censure the management and even not renew the contract...

sfwoo
28-05-10, 09:49
The condo rules/by laws needs to be passed via special resolution at AGM or EOGM, and receive 75% of votes for it to be passed.

Some MC any how print the handbook, cut and paste from other developments thru the Managing Agent, and then wave the book in SP's faces.

Wild Falcon
28-05-10, 16:53
I believe most condos do not strictly enforce the rules, even if there are such bylaws. The landlord will be the ones who have the transponder with carpark access to the condo right? After you're in the condo, you can use all the facilities,e.g. swimming pool etc. For tennis court, there is usually a internet portal to book the courts and from what I know, most landlords are not barred to book courts using the internal portal. For gyms with access cards, if you as the landlard have the access card, of course you can use lah. In short, even if there are such bylaws, most condos do not strictly enforce them. I know of some friends who stay in landed and rent out their Hillview condos who sometimes continue to use the facilities. But I think it's a case by case thing - some MCs are more "stuck-up" than others.

peterng8
28-05-10, 23:16
Hi,the MC actually acts on according to the condo rules(the by law ) it is a nice booklet stating:
The Condo Name
By-Law
Management Corporation
Strata Title Plan No. 2XXX

If the MC does not act accodingly, the condo committee has the right to censure the management and even not renew the contract...

It is the responsibility of the landlord to let their tenants be aware on the Condo rules and what to do and what not to do..they will need to settle with mgmt on tenant behalf for any differences or in rental agreement needs to state clearly...some landlords are being asked by management due to some issue with tenants on infringing condo by laws...but before that...the management will bring in up in monthly meeting with the condo committee before procceding to talk to landlords.....

The by laws are necc to be enforced as most condo are private....

some examples encountered, tenants use BBQ without booking...swim in the pool without proper attire, create din in the night, parking in disabled lot...police or HDB cannot do anything only the condo management can do something....

sfwoo
29-05-10, 09:57
some examples encountered, tenants use BBQ without booking...swim in the pool without proper attire, create din in the night, parking in disabled lot...police or HDB cannot do anything only the condo management can do something....

There was a tenant who had a BOLLYWOOD Night, and the loud music, shouting, singing, dancing went on past 12 MN. Residents called up security guards to complain. Guards go up and speak to them, also no use. Call police, also no use. So, all those bothered by the noise just hold on tight to their balls and squeeze. Including the management committee.

teddybear
29-05-10, 11:33
Tenant or owner? If owner, more difficult to deal with. If Tenant, easier as they violated tenancy agreement and it is for owner to deal with. :D

There was a tenant who had a BOLLYWOOD Night, and the loud music, shouting, singing, dancing went on past 12 MN. Residents called up security guards to complain. Guards go up and speak to them, also no use. Call police, also no use. So, all those bothered by the noise just hold on tight to their balls and squeeze. Including the management committee.

sfwoo
29-05-10, 11:43
Tenant or owner? If owner, more difficult to deal with. If Tenant, easier as they violated tenancy agreement and it is for owner to deal with. :D
Tenant.
Owner out of town.
But you think owner will bother?
He just collects rent!

peterng8
29-05-10, 11:51

Management is empowered to resolve the issue together with condo committee, if tenant is not cooperative, mgmt/committe talk to landlord as action can be taken against landlord on any infringement on Condo by laws...so it is landlord responsibilty to deal with tenants most often by rental contract signed... rental contract will include clauses such as termination of contract, forfeiture of deposit etc...etc...

Management and security services are contract service provider with yearly contract subjected to renewal under performance appraisal by condo cmmittee which are elected condo residents....their renewal of contract will depend on their performance basically including feedback from the residents and committee frrom the condo...so as to say...owner cannot shirk their responsibility of their tenants..

call police not much use for private condo....only guard and mgmt can do something...as they are paid by residents to uphold the condo by laws...

teddybear
29-05-10, 19:21
There is a difference. Property manager can put pressure on owner and owner has to deal with tenant.
On the other hand, more difficult for Property manager to deal with owners as owners can lobby to sack the property manager and they are usually more hesitant dealing with owners (but tenants don't have such power).

Tenant.
Owner out of town.
But you think owner will bother?
He just collects rent!