PDA

View Full Version : Effects of the EU contagion and redhot China Property

terence
17-05-10, 22:05
Do you think property prices will continue on its stabilised growth this year despite the worrying EU debts and redhot China property effect?
Welcome any comments, advise or words of caution.

proud owner
17-05-10, 22:13
Do you think property prices will continue on its stabilised growth this year despite the worrying EU debts and redhot China property effect?
Welcome any comments, advise or words of caution.

the BEARS will tell you ..
better start to offload your properties

the BULLS will tell you,
chinese in mainland are selling the properties and coming to buy spore
europeans+americans paying the price now
they are they, we are we

devilplate
18-05-10, 02:23
so dun do anything now...sit on the fence...lol

jlrx
18-05-10, 03:20
the BEARS will tell you ..
better start to offload your properties

the BULLS will tell you,
chinese in mainland are selling the properties and coming to buy spore
europeans+americans paying the price now
they are they, we are we

It's better not to listen to all these bears and bulls but just practise PROPERTISM.

PROPERTISM Rule No. 1 - Property prices always go up in the long term hence properties should only be bought and not sold.

That's why even though Goldman Sachs made lots of money from the Lehman panic, they did not make a single cent out of me.

They can go ahead and publish the most scary reports, but I will not sell my properties, whether the market goes up or down.

Douk
18-05-10, 21:38
hahah, no everyone is as rich as you. :cheers1:

i think this is still a uptrend in long term, but should not buy in the seller's market...:2cents:

Wild Falcon
19-05-10, 00:09
If you have a portfolio or a few properties, substantial cash and some stocks, the best and least stressful thing is to do nothing. Seriously. If you sell your property, what do you do with the money? Hold cash? But central banks around the world are printing money like toilet paper and so the value of your cash will definitely head downwards. Buy stocks? With the volatility, you may want to wait it out first. so in short, the best course of action is no action at this point. At least if you hold on to a diversified portfolio (of property, cash, stocks, commodities), you're well hedged against all possible "bad" scenarios - you may not reap the best upside but at least you know you're well covered on downsides.

And...... doing nothing is the least stressful thing to do :) I'm definitely not doing anything to my asset portfolio. :spliff:

Komo
19-05-10, 00:14
my take is it's good time to take some profit, good chance to unload those not so good ones.