PDA

View Full Version : FLAMINGO VALLEY, FH

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Vinze
24-03-12, 12:13
0437 just sold
current disc 9% + stamp duty rebate

however with sales so strong

( 14 units sold since new showflat open )
FCL is looking @ removing stamp duty rebate

wanna buy faster buy .... in the end , lose out if delay, is buyers as fcl will not sell at such good discounts again

sh
24-03-12, 12:22
This is a very bad idea. One day the relatives could ask you to pay back the loan faster if they run into financial difficulties or they need the $$$ for their own purposes urgently. It could lead to family relationship problems.

if you lose money, can't pay back relatives.:banghead:

if you make money, they will want a cut....:banghead: :banghead:

either way, lose lose situation :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

devilplate
24-03-12, 12:42
0437 just sold

wanna buy faster buy .... in the end , lose out if delay, is buyers as fcl will not sell at such good discounts again
agts with agenda are not welcomed :p

Vinze
24-03-12, 13:22
agts with agenda are not welcomed :p

No hard feelings Devilplate

Hi -

Yes im a agt, but if u refer to my other posts in >> far north, u see i dont ask for biz in the forum, im here as an invester / interested party in a couple of new projects, as i just bought a pty not too long ago and am goin to buy a next pty next week...

Happen to chance upon this forum while surfing also to note ;
not all agts are desprate for sales - cheers

minority
24-03-12, 15:18
0437 just sold

After discount how much Psf?

kickboxer
24-03-12, 15:41
No hard feelings Devilplate

Hi -

Yes im a agt, but if u refer to my other posts in >> far north, u see i dont ask for biz in the forum, im here as an invester / interested party in a couple of new projects, as i just bought a pty not too long ago and am goin to buy a next pty next week...

Happen to chance upon this forum while surfing also to note ;
not all agts are desprate for sales - cheers

You sounded like a desperate agent for Flamingo Valley

august
24-03-12, 16:16
agent's words can believe one meh? LOL :cool:

land118
24-03-12, 17:32
Pretty standard...statement :"wanna buy faster buy, if not...":scared-1:

yowetan
24-03-12, 20:37
How is the sales today?

kickboxer
25-03-12, 13:40
How is the sales today?

Sales is dead again

minority
25-03-12, 14:13
Sales is dead again

Seems like all the older left over props not moving as fast. Capital land projects seem to have fair bit or left over. Will be interesting to see the sky habitat take up.

The signal V is build to roof already. But its another MM. Wonder if it would survive foe rental give quite a number of larger units in that area.

Rental should max at 2500-3000 for a studio.?

There are older crescendo, signal center there asking rental at 3k for a large 3 bidder.

devilplate
25-03-12, 15:40
Siglap become signal....i was confused....lol

Vinze
25-03-12, 19:55
since 10th Mar ( new showflat launch )/ sold 18 units to date

ytd & today sold

02-37, 05-25, 05-26, 04-39
& 05-38

all @ 9% discount nett + Stamp duty rebate

DaytonaSS
25-03-12, 20:34

ytd & today sold

& 05-38

how does this proj compare to bukit timah Cascadia in your view?

yowetan
25-03-12, 21:08
0437 just sold

What happen to the above unit, it is not updated?

kickboxer
25-03-12, 22:11

ytd & today sold

& 05-38

Isn't the above proof that you are another desperate agent ?

yowetan
25-03-12, 22:45
Isn't the above proof that you are another desperate agent ?

Let's keep this cordial.

I am desperate; I am desperate to get one FV unit.

However, I am not convince of the current price tag for the place.

hyenergix
25-03-12, 22:48
Then you are not desperate enough.

yowetan
25-03-12, 22:51
Then you are not desperate enough.

I am. I am really tempted to get one unit there.

It is the potential debts, far-fetch price as well as newer projects elsewhere set me pondering.

azeoprop
25-03-12, 22:53
Those 2 bedroom dual key units below 1 mil now? :beats-me-man:

yowetan
25-03-12, 22:56
Those 2 bedroom dual key units below 1 mil now? :beats-me-man:

I doubt so. The agent smsed me today, insisting approximately 1270-1310psf for all units. Frankly, I am overwhelmed and disappointed to learn such pricing.

hyenergix
25-03-12, 22:59
I am. I am really tempted to get one unit there.

It is the potential debts, far-fetch price as well as newer projects elsewhere set me pondering.

You have been tempted too much by glitzy showrooms and sweet-talks by agents.

yowetan
25-03-12, 23:02
You have been tempted too much by glitzy showrooms and sweet-talks by agents.

To be honest and fair to FV, the showflat is nothing to shout about if comparing to others I been to.

I am just attracted to the FH status, project landscaping and the address, minus away the cemetary next-door.

In addition, the price tag is a big turn off.

DaytonaSS
25-03-12, 23:02
I doubt so. The agent smsed me today, insisting approximately 1270-1310psf for all units. Frankly, I am overwhelmed and disappointed to learn such pricing.

Bro Yowe, just few months ago u talking about retrenchment and we all discussing that u shouldnt over commit.....

Now become u desperate to buy a unit....... Did some good stuff happen in-between?

yowetan
25-03-12, 23:06
Bro Yowe, just few months ago u talking about retrenchment and we all discussing that u shouldnt over commit.....

Now become u desperate to buy a unit....... Did some good stuff happen in-between?

Yes. Something alone the timeline happens. However, I am unsure if it will be better or worst. Sporadically, I feel it should be better.

Till then, I have not committed to anything as of yet. I am still doing window-shopping. Hopefully, I can find some place that is affordable for me and my growing family.

hyenergix
25-03-12, 23:16
Yes. Something alone the timeline happens. However, I am unsure if it will be better or worst. Sporadically, I feel it should be better.

Till then, I have not committed to anything as of yet. I am still doing window-shopping. Hopefully, I can find some place that is affordable for me and my growing family.

I suggest you visit show-rooms more often. It's called "Show-room Therapy" to enjoy the condo without the financial stress of buying ;)

DaytonaSS
25-03-12, 23:23

Congrats on your dragon baby!! If I read between the lines correctly :cheers4: :cheers4:

Just focus on find a firesale unit or older unit near henry park primary if u r SC. I m sure 1300psf can find.

yowetan
25-03-12, 23:31
Congrats on your dragon baby!! If I read between the lines correctly :cheers4: :cheers4:

Just focus on find a firesale unit or older unit near henry park primary if u r SC. I m sure 1300psf can find.

I am impressed by your memory.

Yes, I will keep a look out on the resales market. But, it seems that the price is very resilient.

yowetan
25-03-12, 23:33
I suggest you visit show-rooms more often. It's called "Show-room Therapy" to enjoy the condo without the financial stress of buying ;)

Exactly. I do feel the financial stress and burden as of now.

I am refraining myself to rampant showflat therapy procedures. I do not wish to waste the agents' precious time.

kickboxer
25-03-12, 23:36
I am impressed by your memory.

Yes, I will keep a look out on the resales market. But, it seems that the price is very resilient.

If you are finding so hard to convince yourself to put your money down for FV, then you should not be acting against your feelings.

How do you expect to sell FV for if you are buying at 1300psf? The downside is much higher than upside, if there is any upside at all for FV.

hyenergix
25-03-12, 23:39

I am refraining myself to rampant showflat therapy procedures. I do not wish to waste the agents' precious time.

U never know u strike toto big time n u buy from them. Congrats on ur new baby too. Start saving plans now, kids r v expensive to bring up in Singapore.

howgozit
25-03-12, 23:41

Isn't it more stressful to view showflats knowing very well that you cannot buy?

Doesn't it accentuate the feeling of discontent.

DaytonaSS
25-03-12, 23:45
U never know u strike toto big time n u buy from them. Congrats on ur new baby too. Start saving plans now, kids r v expensive to bring up in Singapore.

Hahah totally agree bro on the expensive part! Starting 24mths old, the cost is easily $1k a month.

hyenergix
25-03-12, 23:47
Isn't it more stressful to view showflats knowing very well that you cannot buy?

Doesn't it accentuate the feeling of discontent.

It's like window shopping at e malls. Not sure u have window shopped b4. V stressful meh?

yowetan
25-03-12, 23:49
If you are finding so hard to convince yourself to put your money down for FV, then you should not be acting against your feelings.

How do you expect to sell FV for if you are buying at 1300psf? The downside is much higher than upside, if there is any upside at all for FV.

The intent is not to sell, but mainly for own stay.

Having said that, can we be so sure that the price will not head north if we have to include future inflation and other considerations?

Things just getting more and more expensive these days.

DaytonaSS
25-03-12, 23:49

Agree , MMA fighter. Got ghost usually limited upside. Some more when govt wanna excavate, the living will come protest for the dead.

yowetan
25-03-12, 23:50
It's like window shopping at e malls. Not sure u have window shopped b4. V stressful meh?

It is pretty stressful to "entertain" the agents.

hyenergix
25-03-12, 23:54
It is pretty stressful to "entertain" the agents.

Juz let them u r dropping by e show flat bcoz it looks nice from outside, but definitely not buying. They muz have seen e eager look in ur eyes...

DaytonaSS
25-03-12, 23:54

Actually after u visit alot, show flat they all almost look the same. Only difference is which MRT nearby n what school nearby.

But I do agree if someone is boarding the affordability line and visits a damn "hot" selling showroom, the pressure is there not to miss out a "great" buy and commits to herd mentality.

devilplate
25-03-12, 23:55

U better stop browsing ppty....if possible dun come here too....

U will be joining in the naked swimmer crowd once u bot it

Sorry for being crude

kane
25-03-12, 23:57
don't spend too much of the agents time, ask all the standard questions and thank him/her for his time. they'll also appreciate that you don't waste too much of their time if you aren't planning to commit on the spot. at the same time, they should be aware they need to "invest" a bit of time in every potential prospective client.

howgozit
25-03-12, 23:58

The last thing I would worry about is the agent's "precious time". You should be worrying about your own time.... use the time wisely to spend with family, cultivate your child..... etc instead of squandering it like this.

yowetan

Sorry for being crude

I will still visit here regardless if I have bought any.

I am here to read, and learn.

DaytonaSS
The intent is not to sell, but mainly for own stay.

Having said that, can we be so sure that the price will not head north if we have to include future inflation and other considerations?

Things just getting more and more expensive these days.

Bro, we r at all time high, don't worry abt it running another 30% in the short time. If u got no roof over your head now then no choice. If I rem correctly u sold a condo n move to a hdb not too long ago right?

devilplate
25-03-12, 23:59
don't spend too much of the agents time, ask all the standard questions and thank him/her for his time. they'll also appreciate that you don't waste too much of their time if you aren't planning to commit on the spot. at the same time, they should be aware they need to "invest" a bit of time in every potential prospective client.
When entering the showflat, just tell the agt u r here for window shopping lor....i am ok to roam around by myself...i will call u if i nid any help....

Gd anot...wakakaka

kane
26-03-12, 00:00
Bro, we r at all time high, don't worry abt it running another 30% in the short time. If u got no roof over your head now then no choice. If I rem correctly u sold a condo n move to a hdb not too long ago right?

and if you have to buy something, buy something that isn't selling at all time high prices, there are such options readily available if you spend enough time to look around.

yowetan
26-03-12, 00:01

Yes. You are right. I have a roof over my head now, just abit squeezy but manageable.

yowetan
26-03-12, 00:02
The last thing I would worry about is the agent's "precious time". You should be worrying about your own time.... use the time wisely to spend with family, cultivate your child..... etc instead of squandering it like this.

Thanks for your feedback. Noted.

devilplate
26-03-12, 00:03
Wah liu...u r like lecturing me wor....

I like to goto showflat to bio latest trend and design as well as to feel the sentiment and collect brochure leh....cannot meh :p

kane
26-03-12, 00:03
When entering the showflat, just tell the agt u r here for window shopping lor....i am ok to roam around by myself...i will call u if i nid any help....

Gd anot...wakakaka

but still need them to explain the space and distance of the layout as well as what comes with the unit.

devilplate
26-03-12, 00:05
I will still visit here regardless if I have bought any.

I am here to read, and learn.
ur resistance to temptations is pretty low wor....

Nid to build up ur level of defence....hehee

devilplate
26-03-12, 00:06
but still need them to explain the space and distance of the layout as well as what comes with the unit.
Not impt to me actually....can more or less estimate liao....lol....

But pricing i nid to ask them though

kane
26-03-12, 00:07
Not impt to me actually....can more or less estimate liao....lol....

But pricing i nid to ask them though

like i would never guess the distance between the blocks at seletar park to be 60m apart. that's pretty wide by today's standards.

howgozit
26-03-12, 00:07

To me going to a show flat is a little different from window shopping.

There is a lot more engagement when you visit a showflat as you are personally served by an agent. After each session you are reminded of your predicament and inability to commit. This reinforces the hopelessness of your situation. Do this often enough, it can be stressful

yowetan
26-03-12, 00:08
ur resistance to temptations is pretty low wor....

Nid to build up ur level of defence....hehee

My wife will be the usual person to remind me.

devilplate
26-03-12, 00:11
like i would never guess the distance between the blocks at seletar park to be 60m apart. that's pretty wide by today's standards.
Can estimate based on pool size....

Anyway OT too much liao.....

DaytonaSS
26-03-12, 00:14

Sorry for being crude

Don't poor cold water on a man's dream for his family leh.

Yowe work hard n save more $$$$$ first before commit. Your dream will surely come true when u r ready. I too save 10years to afford a 30% down for a upgrade/2nd property. Work for it bro!!!

howgozit
26-03-12, 00:15
Wah liu...u r like lecturing me wor....

I like to goto showflat to bio latest trend and design as well as to feel the sentiment and collect brochure leh....cannot meh :p

Oops, sorry....

but I think your motivations very different from Bro Yowetan's though.... ok to each his own... my bad.

kane
26-03-12, 00:16
Can estimate based on pool size....

Anyway OT too much liao.....

the pool size in the mock up can be pretty misleading at times.

hyenergix
26-03-12, 00:19
To me going to a show flat is a little different from window shopping.

There is a lot more engagement when you visit a showflat as you are personally served by an agent. After each session you are reminded of your predicament and inability to commit. This reinforces the hopelessness of your situation. Do this often enough, it can be stressful

I'm happy w what I have. Not every deal in front of me i shd grab bcoz i know this is not e right time n not e right thing to get now for me. In window shopping u also get served by sales assistants. No stress at all

dtrax
26-03-12, 00:34

Gd anot...wakakaka

Wah like tat they even more black face... they lose a turn to serve a walk-in customer, now need to requeue to w8 for another turn. The agent sure curse n swear at u unless he got many appointments

kane
26-03-12, 00:35
Wah like tat they even more black face... they lose a turn to serve a walk-in customer, now need to requeue to w8 for another turn. The agent sure curse n swear at u unless he got many appointments

can he go to counter and tell them don't assign agent? haha.

fclim
26-03-12, 00:40

I just tell the agent I oredi bot a unit there. They will leave u alone.

dtrax
26-03-12, 00:41

See if project IC likes his/her face? Maybe when u signin at counter, just say it out loud lor

kane
26-03-12, 00:42
I just tell the agent I oredi bot a unit there. They will leave u alone.

they might be even more eager, cos they think you like the project so much that you're coming back for more. haha.

howgozit
26-03-12, 00:43
I'm happy w what I have. Not every deal in front of me i shd grab bcoz i know this is not e right time n not e right thing to get now for me. In window shopping u also get served by sales assistants. No stress at all

Yes, its not stressful for you bcoz u can actually afford it and you are exercising a choice. I think the same can be said for say forummers like Devilplate....etc. no stress at all.

However, for those who are not financially equipped to commit it may be fueling a sense of inadequacy that can lead to an unhealthy obsession. ... Oh... what do I know anyway?... haha.

dtrax
26-03-12, 00:45
Yes, its not stressful for you bcoz u can actually afford it and you are exercising a choice. I think the same can be said for say forummers like Devilplate....etc. no stress at all.

However, for those who are not financially equipped to commit it may be fueling a sense of inadequacy that can lead to an unhealthy obsession. ... Oh... what do I know anyway?... haha.

yes you're right.. it is like window shopping for something you can afford vs u cant afford.. beri painful

devilplate
26-03-12, 01:03

I also feel shy shy entering those posh hardcore d9,10 projects with prices starting from 4-5mil++....for eg. Marq....nvr tink of visiting wor.....wakakaka

To date, i nvr view a gcb before! Wakakaka....dun even dare to call up the agts to chk lor....wakakakakka

devilplate
26-03-12, 01:04
Hmmmm....u like very familiar hor..... Y I nvr tink of tat :p

devilplate
26-03-12, 01:06
yes you're right.. it is like window shopping for something you can afford vs u cant afford.. beri painful
Can afford largi dangerous....wait buy smthing tat u later go back and repent hor....

So dun bring along chq and IC ....wakakaka

dtrax
26-03-12, 01:13
I also feel shy shy entering those posh hardcore d9,10 projects with prices starting from 4-5mil++....for eg. Marq....nvr tink of visiting wor.....wakakaka

To date, i nvr view a gcb before! Wakakaka....dun even dare to call up the agts to chk lor....wakakakakka

being inside GCB before... rochalie drive close LSH's unit, my frend's bedrm excluding toilet = my hse living rm, i was like $$%#$%#^$%^.

dtrax
26-03-12, 01:17
Can afford largi dangerous....wait buy smthing tat u later go back and repent hor....

So dun bring along chq and IC ....wakakaka

Ya standard procedure, can afford also never bring chq n ic to showroom especially if u alone, worse still tio serve by chio 24y.o agent.. though it never work on me

hyenergix
26-03-12, 07:34

Dun take things so hard..juz immersed urself in e showflat for a while n dream a dream...

price
26-03-12, 09:43
Lock all your monies in a few years FD so you can't write cheques! :D

gn108
26-03-12, 09:45
Not to worry - next month or so, you'll be asking after another project.
There's always another behind...

yowetan
26-03-12, 09:51
Not to worry - next month or so, you'll be asking after another project.
There's always another behind...

I concur with your statement.

minority
26-03-12, 09:55
I concur with your statement.

or look further away? like meadows@pierce ? all those just TOP maybe got some people want to let go.

price
26-03-12, 10:05
or look further away? like meadows@pierce ? all those just TOP maybe got some people want to let go.

he only want something in D15 + FH

yowetan
26-03-12, 10:15
he only want something in D15 + FH

Correction: I like to have landed or Condo (no apartment) with FH/999 Leasehold.

Location wise, I do not like changi prison, flora drive etc and industrial area.

devilplate
26-03-12, 10:18
Lock all your monies in a few years FD so you can't write cheques! :D
can always break ur FD lor...only lose on the int earned....:p

devilplate
26-03-12, 10:21
dun buy if u nid to borrow .....

buy only if u got enuff ready cash/cpf for 40% dp +12mths buffer bare min

devilplate
26-03-12, 10:22
seriously tat firesale at 1treehill so tempting.....but i noe i cant afford it....so NEXT :D

yowetan
26-03-12, 10:22
dun buy if u nid to borrow .....

buy only if u got enuff ready cash/cpf for 40% dp +12mths buffer bare min

Do many singaporean has what the above?

devilplate
26-03-12, 10:24
Do many singaporean has what the above?
many bros/sis here practise tat....;)

btw 12mths buffer flexi la...some say 6mths...some 12mths some even say 2-3yrs.....

hyenergix
26-03-12, 10:27
seriously tat firesale at 1treehill so tempting.....but i noe i cant afford it....so NEXT :D

Affordable fire-sales are not for public consumption.

yowetan
26-03-12, 10:29
many bros/sis here practise tat....;)

btw 12mths buffer flexi la...some say 6mths...some 12mths some even say 2-3yrs.....

Singaporeans are rich and ample then.

kane
26-03-12, 10:29
12mths is pretty decent. 40% + 12 mths buffer is no small sum. Having said that, i notice most buyers at the showroom lately are in their 40s.

yowetan
26-03-12, 10:34
12mths is pretty decent. 40% + 12 mths buffer is no small sum. Having said that, i notice most buyers at the showroom lately are in their 40s.

When all of you saying 06-12 months buffer.

This buffer is last drawn salary or the monthly housing loan etc?

devilplate
26-03-12, 10:36
Singaporeans are rich and ample then.
its all about setting the right expectations

$$ not enuff, stay hdb....work harder and smarter to upgrade when u met the cash+buffer like our bro daytona ;)

devilplate
26-03-12, 10:38
When all of you saying 06-12 months buffer.

This buffer is last drawn salary or the monthly housing loan etc?
mthly hsehold expenses

price
26-03-12, 10:49

FIRESALE!? where where!?:scared-5:

price
26-03-12, 10:51
can always break ur FD lor...only lose on the int earned....:p

Haha u can always pass ur monies to Price Pte Ltd for safe keeping :D make sure u wont be able to buy any properties now

devilplate
26-03-12, 11:08
FIRESALE!? where where!?:scared-5:
one tree hill residence

lufu
31-03-12, 20:19
This project is overall great except for sitting next to the muslim cemetry. So it's a no no...Remember not to buy bak kua (bbq pork) home or u might invite unwanted guests! :scared-1:

The block which is facing the cemetry, don't open ur windows when u sleep at night...

sounds eerie.

just went to see this project recently. a lot of Cemetery view units are still unsold. The large window for 2nd bathroom and window for 1 of the bedroom is facing the Muslim cemetery directly. imagine having someone waving outside the bathroom/bedroom :D

well the whole of Bishan used to be one big burial ground too, but is now one of the most sought HDB area. However bodies buried under Bishan are exhumed but this one still has bodies/skeleton underground. :scared-5:

lufu
31-03-12, 20:24
hypothetically, if there's a 20% discount for units facing the cemetary, would you bite?:)

recent price for cemetery view 3-bedder Blk 468 #02-19 is $1,207,419 after 8% disc and 3% stamp duty rebate. 1219 psf.

while another larger unit Blk 460 #02-02 not cemetery view but facing Siglap is $1,387,682 after 8% disc and 3% stamp duty rebate. 1204 psf only.

Price for Cemetery view is not attractive at all. :tsk-tsk:

chiaberry
31-03-12, 20:32
Haha u can always pass ur monies to Price Pte Ltd for safe keeping :D make sure u wont be able to buy any properties now

Boutique fund manager? :D :D :D

lufu
31-03-12, 20:37
When I was in riversound residence, I was also getting higher quotes than others.

Aren't Riversound - Sengkang and Siglap world apart? :eek:

yowetan
31-03-12, 21:51
Aren't Riversound - Sengkang and Siglap world apart? :eek:

Am I know why are you so concern?

radha08
31-03-12, 22:23
yup cemetary view got no discount blk 468 stil selling about 1180psf but honestly i walk pass the cemetary often it is SO peaceful...;)

sh
31-03-12, 22:33
yup cemetary view got no discount blk 468 stil selling about 1180psf but honestly i walk pass the cemetary often it is SO peaceful...;)

yes.... rest in PEACE....:D

lufu
31-03-12, 22:42
Am I know why are you so concern?

none of my business. just surprised. ignore what I said. wasn't negative in any way or representation.

lufu
01-04-12, 18:57

does anyone know in Muslim religion, do they allow bodies to be exhumed? Or moved after being laid to ground?

I was wondering whether there's a remote chance that the cemetery might be shifted in future.

Who owns the Muslim cemetery land? Govt or private freehold?

I have a slight interest in a unit at Blk 468 but a quick google search came up with some "scary" pictures.
http://www.api.sg/forum/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=1126

yowetan
01-04-12, 20:53
does anyone know in Muslim religion, do they allow bodies to be exhumed? Or moved after being laid to ground?

I was wondering whether there's a remote chance that the cemetery might be shifted in future.

Who owns the Muslim cemetery land? Govt or private freehold?

I have a slight interest in a unit at Blk 468 but a quick google search came up with some "scary" pictures.
http://www.api.sg/forum/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=1126

I quoted what the agent told/shared with me; The government already has the plan to exhume the cemetary. In URA website, this piece of land is slated to be residential plot (Refer to URA Plan 2008).

There are example of Muslim cemetary being exhumed, i.e. the Potong Pasir area (I do not know the exact name).

This is what the agent trying to "convince" me.

lufu
01-04-12, 21:45
I quoted what the agent told/shared with me; The government already has the plan to exhume the cemetary. In URA website, this piece of land is slated to be residential plot (Refer to URA Plan 2008).

There are example of Muslim cemetary being exhumed, i.e. the Potong Pasir area (I do not know the exact name).

thanks for sharing. quite keen but so far hasn't been able to locate any official statement re: plan to exhume the cemetery.

instead I found this. :D
wonder who wrote these in streerdirectory.com

http://www.streetdirectory.com/travel_guide/singapore/singapore_district/1084/marine_parade.php

excerpt from the url.
You find an obscure Muslim cemetery at the peak of Siglap, which is rumoured to be haunted. It holds the tomb of Sheikh Ali, a descendant of ancestral Malay kings and princes.

yowetan
01-04-12, 21:49
thanks for sharing. quite keen but so far hasn't been able to locate any official statement re: plan to exhume the cemetery.

instead I found this. :D
wonder who wrote these in streerdirectory.com

http://www.streetdirectory.com/travel_guide/singapore/singapore_district/1084/marine_parade.php

excerpt from the url.
You find an obscure Muslim cemetery at the peak of Siglap, which is rumoured to be haunted. It holds the tomb of Sheikh Ali, a descendant of ancestral Malay kings and princes.

I am not really bothered by the cemetary garden that sits next to the development. What really hold me back is the pricing and unforeseen economy outlook in the next few months or a year.

I am marvel that the ERA agents are still trying to price at an average price of 1250-1300psf, though URA caveat shows otherwise.

They are claiming 9% discount 2 weeks ago, and singing 8% this weekend.

lufu
01-04-12, 22:08
I am not really bothered by the cemetary garden that sits next to the development. What really hold me back is the pricing and unforeseen economy outlook in the next few months or a year.

I am marvel that the ERA agents are still trying to price at an average price of 1250-1300psf, though URA caveat shows otherwise.

the show flat was very crowded over the weekend and disc dropped to 8%.
If you're in no hurry then no problem waiting since the cemetery view units will not be sold anytime soon. it could present itself as good buy if developer decides to clear their last remaining stock of cemetery view units. Judging from the way they priced those cemetery view units. I foresee they'll still be available even past TOP.

economy outlook will continue to be challenging. Europe/US will constantly have their fair share of bad news every other month. It's becoming the norm.

yowetan
01-04-12, 22:17
the show flat was very crowded over the weekend and disc dropped to 8%.
If you're in no hurry then no problem waiting since the cemetery view units will not be sold anytime soon. it could present itself as good buy if developer decides to clear their last remaining stock of cemetery view units. Judging from the way they priced those cemetery view units. I foresee they'll still be available even past TOP.

economy outlook will continue to be challenging. Europe/US will constantly have their fair share of bad news every other month. It's becoming the norm.

Thanks for the weekend update. I guess I will give a pass and move on then.

The units facing cemetary are just too small for my family. I am looking at 3 bedder unit. Also, if I am going to spend >1mil sgd I will make sure it is well-spent.

I guess FV is too atas for me, and my family. Too much compromise in the purchase will not make me a proud owner of FV.

DaytonaSS
01-04-12, 23:47

did u tell him, "this is my no, call me when its exhumed but dot let me wait too long, my family wants to buy 5 units."

kickboxer
02-04-12, 00:53

Prices are way too high for a location on the fringe of D15, besides a graveyard and no MRT in sight

lufu
02-04-12, 14:46
Prices are way too high for a location on the fringe of D15, besides a graveyard and no MRT in sight

Cemetery exhume. Eastern Region Line has a station build right on the cemetery.

Well... Could happen but what are the odds? :-)

fan
02-04-12, 16:46
Cemetery exhume. Eastern Region Line has a station build right on the cemetery.

Mrt on a hill? Will b too costly ba, unlikely

Vinze
08-04-12, 06:52
btw,
discount now @ 7% plus stamp duty only
no more 8%

in the last 4weeks, discount has dropped from 9% to 8% to current 7% only

minority
11-04-12, 00:07
But what is the psf? B4 discount ?

smallant
11-04-12, 00:18
heard that cemetry will be gone ..... in time to come..
so .. probably different FV then...

ppty
11-04-12, 08:55
agents talk to move project -

reality is its not going to be - go read the history of tis cemetery
n u will know

yowetan
11-04-12, 09:03
agents talk to move project -

reality is its not going to be - go read the history of tis cemetery
n u will know

What is the history? Any link? What's the name of the cemetery?

carbuncle
11-04-12, 11:27
In time to come, definitely. Within this lifetime? Eh....

carbuncle
11-04-12, 11:36
See this for pics http://www.api.sg/forum/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=1126

And little known to us it cemeteries like these have become tourist attraction and expat magnets!!!!! http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/ptopic1230.html&sid=8f6473f418c272845d19774013883f5c

radha08
12-04-12, 18:10
btw,
discount now @ 7% plus stamp duty only
no more 8%

in the last 4weeks, discount has dropped from 9% to 8% to current 7% only

selling like HOT cakes by now i think at least 80% sold...except cem units...

lufu
12-04-12, 18:26
See this for pics http://www.api.sg/forum/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=1126

And little known to us it cemeteries like these have become tourist attraction and expat magnets!!!!! http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/ptopic1230.html&sid=8f6473f418c272845d19774013883f5c

very eerie...

One of the bedroom and the common bathroom both has a big window facing the cemetery. If you check the plan, developer will build a full height wall for the master bathroom to shield the cemetery view. Well at least looking out of the master bathroom, you will see a wall instead of someone waving.

:tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3:

carbuncle
12-04-12, 21:29
very eerie...

One of the bedroom and the common bathroom both has a big window facing the cemetery. If you check the plan, developer will build a full height wall for the master bathroom to shield the cemetery view. Well at least looking out of the master bathroom, you will see a wall instead of someone waving.

:tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3:
Wall?? Thats worse... Everyday you will peer out and check if any bloodstains appear on it... With no wall, if you think you saw a figure amongst the tombstones, maybe is the caretaker or adventurous kids etc you can explain it away. But if you see a figure right in front of the wall, see what excuse you find for yourself...

carbuncle
12-04-12, 21:34
Hopefully wont turn into Flamingghost valley

yowetan
12-04-12, 21:40
I personally like Flamingo Valley. However, I can't afford it.

speculator
15-04-12, 06:42

Buy EC. :cheers5:

carbuncle
15-04-12, 11:44
Theres a lot of projects I like but cant afford too lol

radha08
16-04-12, 10:56
agent called me told me sorry all units i was keen on have been sold...i told him nvrmind...i buying Sky Habitat...wahahaha:D:D:D:D

roly8
16-04-12, 11:06
agent called me told me sorry all units i was keen on have been sold...i told him nvrmind...i buying Sky Habitat...wahahaha:D:D:D:D
lol :D:D:D:D

really want to boil the agent's blood huh? lol :D

speculator
16-04-12, 12:54

Good units left for this project are mostly big quantum 4 bedders.
Since you are considering Sky Habitat then the 4 bedders should be regarded as cheap and easily affordable.

gn108
16-04-12, 13:39
I can assist in your issue - visit showflats of projects that you can afford.

latour
16-04-12, 14:52

haha... good one bro!

bargain hunter
16-04-12, 14:59
pick up in sales in mar. 27 sold at 1229psf median. 167 units left.

yowetan
16-04-12, 19:26
I can assist in your issue - visit showflats of projects that you can afford.

My trouble is - I cannot afford any project with my meagre budget.

Jonathan0503
16-04-12, 20:34
My trouble is - I cannot afford any project with my meagre budget.

What about resale?

drumbeat
17-04-12, 04:03
What about resale?
Singapore condos all very expensive

minority
17-04-12, 09:40
Singapore condos all very expensive

Buy HDB. Coz it's not mandatory to buy condo.

radha08
18-04-12, 14:23
Good units left for this project are mostly big quantum 4 bedders.
Since you are considering Sky Habitat then the 4 bedders should be regarded as cheap and easily affordable.
bro i was considering fv 3 bedder about $1.4 mil....but SH i cant afford the few hundred K more so just pull fast one with agent...at least i also shiok...:D

plus PERSONALLY i see more sense in buying a FH condo at that price range...BUT thats MY OWN personal view others may feel differently..:)

Worsty
18-04-12, 14:53
bro i was considering fv 3 bedder about $1.4 mil....but SH i cant afford the few hundred K more so just pull fast one with agent...at least i also shiok...:D

plus PERSONALLY i see more sense in buying a FH condo at that price range...BUT thats MY OWN personal view others may feel differently..:)

FV > SH

haha..coming from someone living in Eastside for 20 years :P

Got Siglap, Katong etc

bakasa2002
18-04-12, 15:19
I m a East sider for 20+ years and have stayed in Bishan for a few years. I do agree that FV > SH in many ways if it's for own stay, even if you discount the FH and LH thingy.

Siglap has all along been a nice and quiet area to stay in the East and I believe it will continue to be until the ERL bring more traffic to this area.

IMO, Bishan is better connected due to it's central location esp, if you are driving and plus point is if you don't drive, it is also convenient given SH is located near amenities but if I want amenities, I would have bought bedok residences at about 200-300psf cheaper sans the unique architecture. :)

bakasa2002
18-04-12, 15:20

bro radha, which stack are u looking at for 1.4mil? I was quoted more than 1.4mil for most 3br other than the 990sqf one facing the cemetery.

yowetan
22-04-12, 21:36
How's the transaction (sales) over Flamingo Valley now?

Is it still going strong and riding along the recent new launches wave?

speculator
22-04-12, 21:43
How's the transaction (sales) over Flamingo Valley now?

Is it still going strong and riding along the recent new launches wave?

buy cemetery view unit. Guarantee plus chop that it's still available. :D

yowetan
22-04-12, 21:45
buy cemetery view unit. Guarantee plus chop that it's still available. :D

Is the cemetery that horrible and horrid to live with? Is it a placebo effect or really there is spirtual phenomenon exists within?

eng81157
23-04-12, 07:06
Is the cemetery that horrible and horrid to live with? Is it a placebo effect or really there is spirtual phenomenon exists within?

i doubt if you can prove it. however, trying to offload the unit may prove to be more than a handful in the future

radha08
27-04-12, 20:46
bro radha, which stack are u looking at for 1.4mil? I was quoted more than 1.4mil for most 3br other than the 990sqf one facing the cemetery.

blk 478 unit 01-61..

radha08
27-04-12, 20:48
anyway of finding out which unit still left and pricing WITHOUT calling agent or visiting showroom...:rolleyes:

speculator
27-04-12, 20:57

Just buy. 20 years later cemetery or not it doesn't matter. You still make money.
Just look at Sky Habitat. Bishan used to be a big cemetery isn't it

yowetan
27-04-12, 20:58
anyway of finding out which unit still left and pricing WITHOUT calling agent or visiting showroom...:rolleyes:

I am also keen to know.

yowetan
27-04-12, 21:00
Just buy. 20 years later cemetery or not it doesn't matter. You still make money.
Just look at Sky Habitat. Bishan used to be a big cemetery isn't it

I am intending to max out the loan amount based on my debt service ratio 90% with my bank if the price for FV is very attractive.

As of now, it is not attractive.

bakasa2002
27-04-12, 21:23
I am intending to max out the loan amount based on my debt service ratio 90% with my bank if the price for FV is very attractive.

As of now, it is not attractive.

I think they reduced discount from 9% to 7% already but still absorb SD?

hyenergix
27-04-12, 21:28

Call e developer.

bakasa2002
27-04-12, 21:30
blk 478 unit 01-61..

Thks for the info

yowetan
27-04-12, 21:41
I think they reduced discount from 9% to 7% already but still absorb SD?

I like the development, however I do not think the developer and sales are sincere to close the deal. They still market it on the high side. This is due to optimism from other projects like Sky Habitat and Water Town.

radha08
28-04-12, 12:29
Call e developer.

tks..will try that:o,....after viewing so manyresale condos/new launch in the ast few weeks..PERSONALLY me and my wife feel FV offers BEST value for money...once again thats my PERSONAL view...

hyenergix
28-04-12, 12:41
tks..will try that:o,....after viewing so manyresale condos/new launch in the ast few weeks..PERSONALLY me and my wife feel FV offers BEST value for money...once again thats my PERSONAL view...

Not many new FH or 999LH full condos around. I think your current arrangement is very comfortable, so there is no hurry to buy. But it doesn't offer value as it is net $1k expenditure per month and the landlord can kick you out or jack up the rental after your contract expires.

yowetan
28-04-12, 12:52

Let me know if you have any good deals with regards to FV.

radha08
28-04-12, 14:57
Not many new FH or 999LH full condos around. I think your current arrangement is very comfortable, so there is no hurry to buy. But it doesn't offer value as it is net $1k expenditure per month and the landlord can kick you out or jack up the rental after your contract expires.

not only that some bros were right before when they told me a rented property is a rented property at end of day after a hard days work when you come back to relax at the BOTTOM of your mind you know your coming back to someone elses house....:doh:...some of my stuff still packed in boxes i cant really put up all my pictures and decorate as i please...:(...the euphoria of landed living is starting to wear off...cant wait to GET MY own place..small nvrmind at least its my HOME:cheers1:

radha08
28-04-12, 14:58
Not many new FH or 999LH full condos around. I think your current arrangement is very comfortable, so there is no hurry to buy. But it doesn't offer value as it is net $1k expenditure per month and the landlord can kick you out or jack up the rental after your contract expires.i realise that thats why me and my family ready to move back to OUR Highly Developed Block(HDB)....:o..but hoping it wont come to that cos hdb living got its own set of issues...:o

radha08
28-04-12, 15:00
Let me know if you have any good deals with regards to FV.
nothing good la Mr Yowetan i realised that an apt/condo is only as good as our mind perceives it to be...:cheers1:

Laguna
28-04-12, 16:35
i realise that thats why me and my family ready to move back to OUR Highly Developed Block(HDB)....:o..but hoping it wont come to that cos hdb living got its own set of issues...:o

haha, by then, u will post a different set of views and questions

radha08
28-04-12, 18:10
haha, by then, u will post a different set of views and questions

yup all under ONE roof...:D

yowetan
28-04-12, 18:13
not only that some bros were right before when they told me a rented property is a rented property at end of day after a hard days work when you come back to relax at the BOTTOM of your mind you know your coming back to someone elses house....:doh:...some of my stuff still packed in boxes i cant really put up all my pictures and decorate as i please...:(...the euphoria of landed living is starting to wear off...cant wait to GET MY own place..small nvrmind at least its my HOME:cheers1:

How much is the rental for the landed house?

radha08
28-04-12, 21:40
How much is the rental for the landed house?

3500pm...i collect 2k plus from my 4rm flat rental...i minus the fact i got 2 car no need to pay parking...so end of day i top up about 1k pm to stay landed...initially felt good but when i see my neighbours driving porsche/ferrari....i know this WILL never be a home i can buy so might as well move back to the surroundings i am comfortable in...:D

radha08
28-04-12, 21:42
3500pm...i collect 2k plus from my 4rm flat rental...i minus the fact i got 2 car no need to pay parking...so end of day i top up about 1k pm to stay landed...initially felt good but when i see my neighbours driving porsche/ferrari....i know this WILL never be a home i can buy so might as well move back to the surroundings i am comfortable in...:D

oh by the way thats why i so crazy bout flamingo valley if i buy there can still go for walk in same neighbourhood with my dog and let my dog carry leg to give free tyre wash to porsche/ferrari...:D:D:D

yowetan
28-04-12, 21:46

What really motivate(s) and prompt you to take this route back then?

hyenergix
28-04-12, 21:55

Most sensible post of the year :cheers4:

East Lover
28-04-12, 22:23
i realise that thats why me and my family ready to move back to OUR Highly Developed Block(HDB)....:o..but hoping it wont come to that cos hdb living got its own set of issues...:o
did you ever regret that you have sold your PC?:(

carbuncle
28-04-12, 22:23

Never too late to repent keke

radha08
29-04-12, 18:56
did you ever regret that you have sold your PC?:(

NEVER EVER EVER...cos i could NOT live there because of the HUGE influx of FT into my PC...:simmering:

NEVER EVER EVER cos i was OVER leveraged taking a lot of overdrafts and personal loans back in 2007 when i made decision to KEEP my HDB and BUY a PC....after selling MY PC i dont own banks a SINGLE...:2cents:

NEVER EVER EVER....cos its in pasir ris and when i pas by that area now and SEE SO MANY MANY MANY new developments i GET a HEADACHE:doh:

NEVER EVER EVER cos my caveat done last yaer novemeber until today still one of the HIGHEST done:cheers1:

OK YES IF I REGRET its because of my kids they like condo living/lifestyle with friends/pool etc etc..:o

so am i better off now...financially YES...spiritually YES...economically..NO...cos just like in a game of soccer i am a RESERVE player sitting on the BENCH waiting to get back in the game...:cheers1:

radha08
29-04-12, 18:58
Never too late to repent keke

yup at last count i got 78191 chances to get back in the game...:D

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/singapore-property-listing/property-for-sale/1

radha08
29-04-12, 18:59
Most sensible post of the year :cheers4:

bro life is about living/learning and sharing...:)

radha08
29-04-12, 19:00
What really motivate(s) and prompt you to take this route back then?

NEVER EVER EVER...cos i could NOT live there because of the HUGE influx of FT into my PC...:simmering:

NEVER EVER EVER cos i was OVER leveraged taking a lot of overdrafts and personal loans back in 2007 when i made decision to KEEP my HDB and BUY a PC....after selling MY PC i dont own banks a SINGLE...:2cents:

NEVER EVER EVER....cos its in pasir ris and when i pas by that area now and SEE SO MANY MANY MANY new developments i GET a HEADACHE

yowetan
29-04-12, 19:01

NEVER EVER EVER....cos its in pasir ris and when i pas by that area now and SEE SO MANY MANY MANY new developments i GET a HEADACHE:doh:

NEVER EVER EVER cos my caveat done last yaer novemeber until today still one of the HIGHEST done:cheers1:

OK YES IF I REGRET its because of my kids they like condo living/lifestyle with friends/pool etc etc..:o

so am i better off now...financially YES...spiritually YES...economically..NO...cos just like in a game of soccer i am a RESERVE player sitting on the BENCH waiting to get back in the game...:cheers1:

Do you have profit after selling it?

radha08
29-04-12, 19:03
i look at villa marina/those crappy walk up apts around east coast/also park east condo behind FV...damm prices almost same as FV...which is BRAND NEW freehold...plus got Stamp duty rebate..etc etc...really jewel of the east like some advertisment say...i think it will be a sellout EXCEPT for Block 468....:scared-1:

radha08
29-04-12, 19:04
Do you have profit after selling it?

bought at 400psf sold at 650psf...ok la...:cool:

radha08
29-04-12, 19:07
OFF TOPIC...

see this one also quite steam...talking bout house NOT agent...:D

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/9498188/for-sale-jalan-tari-piring

yowetan
29-04-12, 19:08
bought at 400psf sold at 650psf...ok la...:cool:

You have huat big time then.

radha08
29-04-12, 19:10
You have huat big time then.

enbloc is big time...mine just small one...:rolleyes:

yowetan
29-04-12, 19:16
enbloc is big time...mine just small one...:rolleyes:

How big was your condo then? If you have a big psf, you really huat BIG.

radha08
29-04-12, 19:20
i look at villa marina/those crappy walk up apts around east coast/also park east condo behind FV...damm prices almost same as FV...which is BRAND NEW freehold...plus got Stamp duty rebate..etc etc...really jewel of the east like some advertisment say...i think it will be a sellout EXCEPT for Block 468....:scared-1:

this is one example...44 YEARS OLD apt asking 1.4MILLION thats same price as FV BRAND NEW....:doh:

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/9546855/for-sale-united-mansion

radha08
29-04-12, 19:21
How big was your condo then? If you have a big psf, you really huat BIG.

above 1500sft

radha08
29-04-12, 19:26
this is one example...44 YEARS OLD apt asking 1.4MILLION thats same price as FV BRAND NEW....:doh:

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/9546855/for-sale-united-mansion

and another one..

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/9507147/for-sale-park-east

yowetan
29-04-12, 19:27
above 1500sft

You have won.

radha08
29-04-12, 19:41
You have won.

win some loose some...i loose lot of money last time playing shares trying to make money fast...there is no easy/fast way..important thing learn your lesson and move on...TRUST me many bro here also kena burn by property before...there is no easy way to become rich unless your father/mother is RICH....:o

august
29-04-12, 21:24

NEVER EVER EVER....cos its in pasir ris and when i pas by that area now and SEE SO MANY MANY MANY new developments i GET a HEADACHE

is it melville park?

yowetan
29-04-12, 22:07
win some loose some...i loose lot of money last time playing shares trying to make money fast...there is no easy/fast way..important thing learn your lesson and move on...TRUST me many bro here also kena burn by property before...there is no easy way to become rich unless your father/mother is RICH....:o

Thanks for the words. Btw, how old are you?

radha08
29-04-12, 22:28
is it melville park?

no but similar kind of crowd...:simmering:

bakasa2002
29-04-12, 22:37
Radha08, went to take a look yest. The 01-61 is sold, think upper floors still available but it seem quite close to the backyard of the landed at opera estate. Do u think that be a bit close for comfort?

yowetan
29-04-12, 22:39
Radha08, went to take a look yest. The 01-61 is sold, think upper floors still available but it seem quite close to the backyard of the landed at opera estate. Do u think that be a bit close for comfort?

Hi, could you share more on the discount rate available now? What are the stacks available? I am keen in this project. TIA.

bakasa2002
29-04-12, 22:50
Hi, could you share more on the discount rate available now? What are the stacks available? I am keen in this project. TIA.
Think it's 7% and 3% SD rebate as of yest. :)

yowetan
29-04-12, 22:53

What is the average pricing? Is it possible to haggard for more >7%?

radha08
30-04-12, 22:38

exactly i had same feeling so i went driving and parked my car in opera estate walked around you can see the building from there and yes it does seem close....although in the mock up they show you trees..anyway this was after i found out 01-61 was sold to me thats the perfect unit cos in a corner only 1 neighbour price was 1.42mil compared to 1.56mil for the bigger 01-67 which only had an extra patio at the master bed room...anyway all gone:o

radha08
30-04-12, 22:40

when i went it was 9% with 3% SD rebate...:doh:...a couple of weeks and you loose 30k in discounts...:cool:

radha08
30-04-12, 22:42

to me i need the ground unit cos i have dogs so easier to manage them also after living in previous ground unit in my ex pc and current rented landed hse....i dont think i can go back up...:doh:

Sleepyhead
01-05-12, 23:12
What is the average pricing? Is it possible to haggard for more >7%?

Average pricing depends on size of unit. I was looking at the 3bd.. Ranges from approx $1190 to $1300psf.

I tried haggling with 2 different agents from 2 agencies... No luck. Let me know if you succeed!

Sleepyhead
01-05-12, 23:19
to me i need the ground unit cos i have dogs so easier to manage them also after living in previous ground unit in my ex pc and current rented landed hse....i dont think i can go back up...:doh:

Agent told me #01-28 still available... But that was a few days ago.

speculator
02-05-12, 02:27
when i went it was 9% with 3% SD rebate...:doh:...a couple of weeks and you loose 30k in discounts...:cool:

One of the best gem around. very quickly a lot of people spot this gem and the disvount wete gone very quickly

Siglap freehold in a fairly large plot.

yowetan
02-05-12, 11:06
One of the best gem around. very quickly a lot of people spot this gem and the disvount wete gone very quickly

Siglap freehold in a fairly large plot.

I agree that this project is a GEM.

pengful
02-05-12, 11:18
They are still having problems selling those units facing the Muslim cemetery. Furthermore, the 2 single lane road will be congested once people moves in. We like the place but these 2 factors sent us looking somewhere else.

Leeds
02-05-12, 11:23
I agree that this project is a GEM.

I do not disagree that the development sits on a large piece of FH land similar to Park East. However, due to the large land size, it also has the most units, thus it is pretty cramp.As with all new development, the developer has maximized the full plot ratio.

Many may not have noticed, FV is built right in the valley of the high land. The lower level units are actually built "underground" and below road level. It is quite similar to The Summit where a large portion of the units are actually below ground level even though the development is on higher land.

eng81157
02-05-12, 12:53
I do not disagree that the development sits on a large piece of FH land similar to Park East. However, due to the large land size, it also has the most units, thus it is pretty cramp.As with all new development, the developer has maximized the full plot ratio.

Many may not have noticed, FV is built right in the valley of the high land. The lower level units are actually built "underground" and below road level. It is quite similar to The Summit where a large portion of the units are actually below ground level even though the development is on higher land.

will there be a likelihood of flooding for these underground units?

Leeds
02-05-12, 13:11
will there be a likelihood of flooding for these underground units?

That is a very good question. Hopefully, the water accumulated at FV will flow down to the lower Siglap V area and into the sea.

What happen during high tide???? Maybe some experts could fill in here.

boom
02-05-12, 13:12
Apart from the block that faces the "woods", what are the other available 3 bedrooms left, can anyone shed a light on this? For unit 61 at Blk 478, what are the available units? What are your views on aquiring an unit there?

eng81157
02-05-12, 13:18
That is a very good question. Hopefully, the water accumulated at FV will flow down to the lower Siglap V area and into the sea.

What happen during high tide???? Maybe some experts could fill in here.

oh dear, it looks like a deadly combo - cemetary & floods = floating tombstones and remains?! :eek:

Sleepyhead
02-05-12, 13:49
Apart from the block that faces the "woods", what are the other available 3 bedrooms left, can anyone shed a light on this? For unit 61 at Blk 478, what are the available units? What are your views on aquiring an unit there?

I like 61 - i think it has no interconnecting walls with other units right? Think you need to drive to Opera Estate and take a walk to see how comfortable you are with the distance between 61 and the backyards of the houses there. Also, 61 is set far into the development, which means a very long walk to come out. If you drive, that's OK, but if you need to take the bus.... #02-61 still available as of last week.

Of the cheaper 3 bd, stacks 2 & 9 are also available - but they both face Siglap Road.

Other 3bd, #1-12, #1-18, #2-18, #4-54, #1-04, #2-03, #1-30, #4-30.

That's all I know. And this information is probably a week out of date.

Sleepyhead
02-05-12, 13:56
oh dear, it looks like a deadly combo - cemetary & floods = floating tombstones and remains?! :eek:

ROTFL!!! OMG!! What a sight to behold!

boom
02-05-12, 14:02
Thanks Sleepyhead for the update... You seem to be knowledgeable about the units there, are you thinking of buying one? It seems like Radha08 is the only one who have bought an unit there. Anyway, l dont foresee flooding...

Sleepyhead
02-05-12, 14:16
Thanks Sleepyhead for the update... You seem to be knowledgeable about the units there, are you thinking of buying one? It seems like Radha08 is the only one who have bought an unit there. Anyway, l dont foresee flooding...

Yeah, pretty sure there will be no flooding.

Yes, I am very interested in FV, and seriously considering buying. Just trying to pool my resources together to see if I can afford! Meanwhile, I'm analysing and reanalying each of the units, and continuing my daydreaming. I can give you a rundown on each of the 3bd I mentioned if you are interested!

Douk
02-05-12, 14:28
They are still having problems selling those units facing the Muslim cemetery. Furthermore, the 2 single lane road will be congested once people moves in. We like the place but these 2 factors sent us looking somewhere else.

What is the white building standing between the constructions and cemetery ?
Is it part of the FV ?

Douk
02-05-12, 14:30
Yeah, pretty sure there will be no flooding.

Yes, I am very interested in FV, and seriously considering buying. Just trying to pool my resources together to see if I can afford! Meanwhile, I'm analysing and reanalying each of the units, and continuing my daydreaming. I can give you a rundown on each of the 3bd I mentioned if you are interested!

I think it can be quite tiring to walk in the FV compound with all the steps and slope.

bakasa2002
02-05-12, 14:40
Sleepyhead, interested to hear your views on the 3bdr available. I think at the current price of the units, it will be kind of a stretch to get a std 3bdr there, so I am still considering whether to take the plunge. :)

Sleepyhead
02-05-12, 15:35
Sleepyhead, interested to hear your views on the 3bdr available. I think at the current price of the units, it will be kind of a stretch to get a std 3bdr there, so I am still considering whether to take the plunge. :)

Sure! Only too happy to share, but you will have to wait until later tonight when I have my notes with me.

Agents are telling me that the Siglap MRT Station will most likely be built at the HDB blocks down the road. Any truth in that?

bakasa2002
02-05-12, 16:05
Sure! Only too happy to share, but you will have to wait until later tonight when I have my notes with me.

Agents are telling me that the Siglap MRT Station will most likely be built at the HDB blocks down the road. Any truth in that?

My guess is yes but not sure will it be announced any time soon w this red hot mkt condition, the last thing to do is to drive it up further. :)

Blue
02-05-12, 16:09
Why buy a property in a location where the MRT has not even been announced and even if announced, it will take 10 yrs for it to be operational? Might as well buy a property where it's near an operational MRT already.

And this project is near the cemetry, if you are cautious about fengshui, do avoid it! Even if you don't, other potential buyers do.

Leeds
02-05-12, 16:14
Why buy a property in a location where the MRT has not even been announced and even if announced, it will take 10 yrs for it to be operational? Might as well buy a property where it's near an operational MRT already.

And this project is near the cemetry, if you are cautious about fengshui, do avoid it! Even if you don't, other potential buyers do.
Absolutely!

What's more, it is compact, cramp, and build within a valley with most units mostly six-foot "underground". I just could not see any good in the development as hard as I try.

Sleepyhead
02-05-12, 21:44
What is the white building standing between the constructions and cemetery ?
Is it part of the FV ?

I think you are referring to block 468 of the development? That is where the sales gallery and showroom are located at the moment.

Sleepyhead
02-05-12, 22:48

OK here goes.... Remember, all information quoted here are about a week old. Prices quoted are after the 7% discount, and the stamp duty rebate. Any further extras you get from the agents will not be reflected in the pricing here, and if you do get extras, please let me know how!:D

#1-18: 1593 sqft, $1,764,495; $1,108psf
Ground floor unit with massive PES. Internal space is also the 'ideal' 3bed layout with the 6-panel-wide windows. Good thing is you get a nice view of the sky bridge & waterfall feature below. Also one of the lowest 3bed psf... so mighty good value. Bad thing is, you are quite close to the opposite neighbour in Stack 54. You can probably look right into their living / bed rooms, and vice versa.

#2-18; 1281 sqft, $1,605,725; $1,254psf
Same points as #1-18 above, except that it's on level 2, so better view, but less PES area. Psf seems quite a lot higher too, for the same stack.

#1-12: 1389 sqft, $1,672,481; $1,204psf
although ground floor, it's the higher stack, so equivalent to level 5 of the development. Not overlooked. This has the best type of 3 bed layout with a 6-panel-wide PES. You will get a good view of the sky bridge and potentially the waterfall feature beneath.

#1-04: 1389sqft, $1,656,243, $1,193psf
#2-03: 1389sqft
Both are of the larger 'ideal' layout. Higher stack. Not overlooked. Decent psf. Good for those who can afford the quantum.

#4-54: 1195 sqft, $1,532,655; $1,283psf
This is the only unit left in Stack 54. I personally think this may be a less desirable option, given that it's one of the smallest of the midsized-3bd, highest psf, and nothing much to offer, other than waterfall feature view (don't forget the noise too!) Also overlooked by neighbour opposite in Stack 18.

#1-30: 1206 sqft, $1,525,439; $1,265psf
#4-30; 1206 sqft, $1,565,131; $1,298psf
Level 1 of this stack is right at par with the sky bridge. People walking along that bridge can see right into your unit. Good for exhibitionists! :tsk-tsk: You will get a nice view of the waterfall & bridge.
Level 4 of this stack can have skybridge & waterfall view, without being overlooked by the pedestrians. Potentially may get nice city skyline view. This balcony is not sheltered so bear that in mind.
Stack 30 is facing directly west. Beware of evening sun.
Psf for this stack is also on the high side, but it depends on whether you like waterfall view, and whether you like the setting sun. The westerners like that don't they?

#1-37: 12-6 sqft, $1,514,681; $1,256 psf
Built on higher stack, so equivalent to level 5 of the development. Faces directly East, so morning sun. Faces tennis court and Park East Condo. Quite a good unit I think. Decent psf, high stack, not overlooked.

#02-67: 1206 sqft, $1,515,515, $1,256psf
#04-67: 1206 sqft, $1,573,250, $1,305psf
#03-61: 1206 sqft, $1,522,732, $1,263psf
#04-61: 1206 sqft, $1,537,166, $1,275psf
All of the above are in Block 478, facing the landed houses in Opera Estate. You will need to judge for yourself if it's too close to other people's backyards. Value wise, stack 61 seems better priced.

#1-09 & #1-02: 1152 sqft, $1,411,774; $1,225psf
These are by quantum one of the cheapest midsized-3bd. Not by psf though. Both face Siglap Road. #1-02 is next to the substation and bin area.

radha08
03-05-12, 00:34
bro sleepy HEAD i RESPECT you...VERY VERY comprehensive report..:cheers1:

boom
03-05-12, 08:02
l take my hat off you, sleepyhead. You must have done lots of research. l wonder how is the resale value of this unit come 5, 10 years if l see it as an investment... Radha08, so you have bought #01-61?

yowetan
03-05-12, 10:31
Why dun we organize a group purchase then?

Is it possible to get 1.3 mil mid-size 3 bedder there?

yowetan
03-05-12, 11:28

Have you already bought one?

liverman
03-05-12, 14:06
Unlikely u can get one at $1.3M. Mostly at ard $1.5M for a normal sized 3 bedder. Unless u go for compact 3 bedder, ie 990sq ft at ard S$1.1M. When it was first launch ard 2010, thought tat price was steep so held back and recently went back....prices proabably went up abit or remained thereabt...so decided not to wait any further and finally brought a 3-bedder.

The site is sloping downwards toward the landed behind Blk 478. So those nearer Siglap Rd is sitting on higher ground, not basement as some has pointed out. Personally, don't think the site is cramped, almost 330,000sq ft2 with less than 400 units. Very few such large site in recent launches.

This is my own personal opinion....unlikely prices will correct much despite many pple saying so. For those still considering, look ard and u will realise tat at ard $1,200ft2 for a FH, reasonable size, above avg finishes, full facilities, etc, not many development can offer these despite the fact that there are no amenities near FV and it's next to a cemetary. With a nos. of 99 oredi fetching $1,200 and beyond....don't think it is ex despite many negatives views abt FV. Perhaps when it finally TOP, its true potential will be realised...just my 1 cents view.:)

bakasa2002
03-05-12, 14:51

Ya, I share the same thoughts! Ok, need to ask which is your first choice? I can cfm 02-18 is out, agent text me. :)

bakasa2002
03-05-12, 14:53
Unlikely u can get one at $1.3M. Mostly at ard $1.5M for a normal sized 3 bedder. Unless u go for compact 3 bedder, ie 990sq ft at ard S$1.1M. When it was first launch ard 2010, thought tat price was steep so held back and recently went back....prices proabably went up abit or remained thereabt...so decided not to wait any further and finally brought a 3-bedder.

The site is sloping downwards toward the landed behind Blk 478. So those nearer Siglap Rd is sitting on higher ground, not basement as some has pointed out. Personally, don't think the site is cramped, almost 330,000sq ft2 with less than 400 units. Very few such large site in recent launches.

This is my own personal opinion....unlikely prices will correct much despite many pple saying so. For those still considering, look ard and u will realise tat at ard $1,200ft2 for a FH, reasonable size, above avg finishes, full facilities, etc, not many development can offer these despite the fact that there are no amenities near FV and it's next to a cemetary. With a nos. of 99 oredi fetching $1,200 and beyond....don't think it is ex despite many negatives views abt FV. Perhaps when it finally TOP, its true potential will be realised...just my 1 cents view.:)

I share the same thoughts w the value for the proj if you don't mind the traffic and cemetery cos I was eyeing archipelago and that is about 1100psf already, so for me, I wouldn't really think that is good value. However, the quantum of >1.5mil is quite a stretch, so still thinking. :)

bro, which unit u got? Care to share?

bakasa2002
03-05-12, 14:57
OK here goes.... Remember, all information quoted here are about a week old. Prices quoted are after the 7% discount, and the stamp duty rebate. Any further extras you get from the agents will not be reflected in the pricing here, and if you do get extras, please let me know how!:D

#1-18: 1593 sqft, $1,764,495; $1,108psf
Ground floor unit with massive PES. Internal space is also the 'ideal' 3bed layout with the 6-panel-wide windows. Good thing is you get a nice view of the sky bridge & waterfall feature below. Also one of the lowest 3bed psf... so mighty good value. Bad thing is, you are quite close to the opposite neighbour in Stack 54. You can probably look right into their living / bed rooms, and vice versa.

#2-18; 1281 sqft, $1,605,725; $1,254psf
Same points as #1-18 above, except that it's on level 2, so better view, but less PES area. Psf seems quite a lot higher too, for the same stack.

#1-12: 1389 sqft, $1,672,481; $1,204psf
although ground floor, it's the higher stack, so equivalent to level 5 of the development. Not overlooked. This has the best type of 3 bed layout with a 6-panel-wide PES. You will get a good view of the sky bridge and potentially the waterfall feature beneath.

#1-04: 1389sqft, $1,656,243, $1,193psf
#2-03: 1389sqft
Both are of the larger 'ideal' layout. Higher stack. Not overlooked. Decent psf. Good for those who can afford the quantum.

#4-54: 1195 sqft, $1,532,655; $1,283psf
This is the only unit left in Stack 54. I personally think this may be a less desirable option, given that it's one of the smallest of the midsized-3bd, highest psf, and nothing much to offer, other than waterfall feature view (don't forget the noise too!) Also overlooked by neighbour opposite in Stack 18.

#1-30: 1206 sqft, $1,525,439; $1,265psf
#4-30; 1206 sqft, $1,565,131; $1,298psf
Level 1 of this stack is right at par with the sky bridge. People walking along that bridge can see right into your unit. Good for exhibitionists! :tsk-tsk: You will get a nice view of the waterfall & bridge.
Level 4 of this stack can have skybridge & waterfall view, without being overlooked by the pedestrians. Potentially may get nice city skyline view. This balcony is not sheltered so bear that in mind.
Stack 30 is facing directly west. Beware of evening sun.
Psf for this stack is also on the high side, but it depends on whether you like waterfall view, and whether you like the setting sun. The westerners like that don't they?

#1-37: 12-6 sqft, $1,514,681; $1,256 psf
Built on higher stack, so equivalent to level 5 of the development. Faces directly East, so morning sun. Faces tennis court and Park East Condo. Quite a good unit I think. Decent psf, high stack, not overlooked.

#02-67: 1206 sqft, $1,515,515, $1,256psf
#04-67: 1206 sqft, $1,573,250, $1,305psf
#03-61: 1206 sqft, $1,522,732, $1,263psf
#04-61: 1206 sqft, $1,537,166, $1,275psf
All of the above are in Block 478, facing the landed houses in Opera Estate. You will need to judge for yourself if it's too close to other people's backyards. Value wise, stack 61 seems better priced.

#1-09 & #1-02: 1152 sqft, $1,411,774; $1,225psf
These are by quantum one of the cheapest midsized-3bd. Not by psf though. Both face Siglap Road. #1-02 is next to the substation and bin area.

For stack 30 on first floor, other than what SH bro pointed out, agent did add that there will be glaring headlights shining through when the drop-off/pick-up passengers, so u might want to avoid that.

liverman
03-05-12, 15:05
Stack 39...cos we prefer non-pool facing units...last i heard left 5th floor.
In fact we were considering stack 03 as we like the layout but onli left first and second floor....and quantum another $100K+ more....so in the end decided on the normal 3 bedder after seeing that the actual distance btw the 2 blks is not that bad as compared to sme development.

True...1.5m is quite hefty but partly becos the of the size is still decent compared to recent lauches...getter smaller n smaller

I been to many launches b4 mass mkt prices chiong....and has missed several good opportunities...when prices were more sain.....like wat my wifey says....smetimes think too much lah...just wak but just make sure can tahan when bad times comes....:)

gn108
03-05-12, 15:09
When my wife says something like that ...it's time to sell into strength...regardless of the investment vehicle..

.....like wat my wifey says....smetimes think too much lah...just wak but just make sure can tahan when bad times comes....:)[/quote]

bakasa2002
03-05-12, 15:12
In fact we were considering stack 03 as we like the layout but onli left first and second floor....and quantum another $100K+ more....so in the end decided on the normal 3 bedder after seeing that the actual distance btw the 2 blks is not that bad as compared to sme development.

True...1.5m is quite hefty but partly becos the of the size is still decent compared to recent lauches...getter smaller n smaller

I been to many launches b4 mass mkt prices chiong....and has missed several good opportunities...when prices were more sain.....like wat my wifey says....smetimes think too much lah...just wak but just make sure can tahan when bad times comes....:)
bro, stack 39 is at blk 468? What's the quantum like? 1.25mil?

The size of other units are smaller but good thing is that they are starting to remove some BW. that's about the only think I don't like about FV compare to Archipelago which has a really decent layout for their 3bdr. I think that one is over-priced at $1100psf but it's still selling alright. :)

liverman
03-05-12, 15:20
No lah....mostly ard $1.5m....even for my stack...back in 2010, it was also ard tis price....

Leeds
03-05-12, 15:23

My stock broker always tell me: "when housewives start to buy shares, it is time you get out; you may loose some but you will still win big when the time comes".

Looks like it is not a very good sign when wives start making such decision. I still wish my broker is wrong.

liverman
03-05-12, 15:56
True. But the circumstances surrounding the past few years seems different.....largely due to low interest rate environment n lots of liquidity among S'poreans.

IMHO, look at it this way..80% bank loan....wat is the likelihood tat prices will nosedived by more than 20%, i.e. from ard $1,200 to <$1,000? Prices are unlikely to collapse suddenly unless smething really drastic happen...when the lehman crisis happens, prices came dwn but did not collapse.....

government also do not wan prices 2 collapses...as it will also affect the HDB mkt significantly....rem wat they wan is stability....if prices go up but at a moderate pace...they r ok and not too worried....onli introduce CM if things getting out of hand....like prices chioning 10-20% or more a year...
Smetimes wait for prices 2 correct until neck also long....like wat i experience myself. as long we exercise some prudent and make sure we don overstretch n can tahan wen the going get tough...won die wan...:)

gn108
03-05-12, 15:58
"This time its different!" ....that line cost me a bundle...

liverman
03-05-12, 16:00
As in u miss a good opportunity?:)

gn108
03-05-12, 16:05
No ...more a didn't take profit than a fail to gain... more painful...

liverman
03-05-12, 16:10
I was in a similar situation like u....failed to take opportunity in 07 when mkt was red-hot...however opportunity present itself again and tis time...we grab it though we will not know wat will happen in the future...:)

Leeds
03-05-12, 16:17
As reported in Business Times today:

"Mr Khaw also noted that many Singaporeans were worried about soaring home prices but he described this as a temporary imbalance of supply and demand".

Before his "retirement", the then Minister for National Development, Mr Mah, asked Singaporeans not to buy property now if they did not need a roof urgently. People just rush to buy for fear of loosing out. They not only buy a roof but also buy more for investment. This thinking is putting great pressure on the market right now.

bakasa2002
03-05-12, 16:37
As reported in Business Times today:

"Mr Khaw also noted that many Singaporeans were worried about soaring home prices but he described this as a temporary imbalance of supply and demand".

Before his "retirement", the then Minister for National Development, Mr Mah, asked Singaporeans not to buy property now if they did not need a roof urgently. People just rush to buy for fear of loosing out. They not only buy a roof but also buy more for investment. This thinking is putting great pressure on the market right now.

Yeap, great pressure but ppl are still buying cost mainly due to the gross undersupply when MBT was in charge and also due to low interest rate plus reasonable rental yield at this moment I guess.

There's always this saying it's better to put $ in ppty rather than in the bank now. Not sure how long is this gonna hold true but ppl that vested 2-3 yrs back, I m sure they are laughing all the way to the bank now. :)

Leeds
03-05-12, 16:45
Yeap, great pressure but ppl are still buying cost mainly due to the gross undersupply when MBT was in charge and also due to low interest rate plus reasonable rental yield at this moment I guess.

There's always this saying it's better to put $ in ppty rather than in the bank now. Not sure how long is this gonna hold true but ppl that vested 2-3 yrs back, I m sure they are laughing all the way to the bank now. :)

2 to 3 yrs back was year 2009 when people started buying during the mist of recession. It is now 2012 and we hope that 2 to 3 years down the road we will still be laughing all the way to the bank? I hope so or many will be dead ducks.

bakasa2002
03-05-12, 16:48
2 to 3 yrs back was year 2009 when people started buying during the mist of recession. It is now 2012 and we hope that 2 to 3 years down the road we will still be laughing all the way to the bank? I hope so or many will be dead ducks.

I don't disagree with u ... I just hope most of those who are vesting have deep pockets and are buying within their means. :)

radha08
03-05-12, 19:52
l take my hat off you, sleepyhead. You must have done lots of research. l wonder how is the resale value of this unit come 5, 10 years if l see it as an investment... Radha08, so you have bought #01-61?
nope i did NOT thats the one i wanted to buy...when i made up my mind few days later...SOLD..:doh:...offered me 01-67 BIGGER PES and price higher by $150K....FORGET it...:(

yowetan
03-05-12, 20:34
nope i did NOT thats the one i wanted to buy...when i made up my mind few days later...SOLD..:doh:...offered me 01-67 BIGGER PES and price higher by $150K....FORGET it...:(

Why dun we organize a group buy and negotiate for a good price?

radha08
03-05-12, 21:18
Why dun we organize a group buy and negotiate for a good price?

ha ha i am out all my choice UNITS...GONE...:(

bakasa2002
03-05-12, 21:49
I m on my way out too, I was eyeing 01-81 at a very reasonable 1148psf before SD rebate but it is gone too. In fact whole stack just flew off when I started spending about 2 wks looking at archipelago. :(

Sleepyhead
03-05-12, 22:21
I m on my way out too, I was eyeing 01-81 at a very reasonable 1148psf before SD rebate but it is gone too. In fact whole stack just flew off when I started spending about 2 wks looking at archipelago. :(

Oh ya! #1-81 was a HOT one! I too was considering it... Agent texted me saying there were 2 interested parties at the show gallery looking at that unit... I thought to myself.. Yah right... Sales tactic only... Then the two buyers started getting serious.. Both wanted to book it.. And finally the one who produced the cheque first got it. The other buyer was so upset, he just walked out.

Sleepyhead
03-05-12, 22:24

Oh.. Did you get 2-39? Agent texted me last week to say they made a very unexpected sale of 2-39 to a buyer who came back from a long time ago. That was you?? :o

Sleepyhead
03-05-12, 22:29

#1-28 still available right? Nice number some more... And can be neighbours with Liverman!!:)

hyenergix
03-05-12, 22:33
Oh ya! #1-81 was a HOT one! I too was considering it... Agent texted me saying there were 2 interested parties at the show gallery looking at that unit... I thought to myself.. Yah right... Sales tactic only... Then the two buyers started getting serious.. Both wanted to book it.. And finally the one who produced the cheque first got it. The other buyer was so upset, he just walked out.

I was looking at tt unit too! But e agent begged me to buy.! Ok, tt was last year n e year b4 n i took my time to look at every unit. The agent was so upset when I juz walked out.

dtrax
04-05-12, 01:09
why all neber take action? seems like market sure heating up, now wadever left over units at gd buyers, buyers juz bo hiew, hoot first talk later?

hyenergix
04-05-12, 01:25
why all neber take action? seems like market sure heating up, now wadever left over units at gd buyers, buyers juz bo hiew, hoot first talk later?

Not an east person. Dun like e jam. Keeping some cash as buffer. One step at a time.

Now is crazy buying. Something not v right w this mini boom. Most r buying pc for rental. Not sure if they can hold if rental yield is not expected.

boom
04-05-12, 09:55
I understand the units at #xx-81 is pretty good. But you must know that it is situated near the drain and tennis court. Smell and noise? Anyway, have you looked at the units at #xx-61. What do you think of them?

mkl22
04-05-12, 11:10

funny... FV has been selling for so long... why suddenly everyone start to chiong for it.