PDA

View Full Version : Caspian vs New project (Beside Caspian)

RE_Owner
14-05-10, 11:34
Hi guys,

Just want to have views on the 2 projects. Caspian is now selling above $800psf, would like to know from experts view what is the upside potential to buy caspian now. Will the price rise to the level of the new launch since caspian is just beside the new project. from below scenario, what is your choice when the new project launch?

Caspian vs New project (Beside caspian)
1. Both are uncomplete project (TOP 2013)
2. They are just beside each other
3. Caspian is selling 10% below whatever price of the new project

Being a buyer, which project will you buy?

Thanks

ay123
14-05-10, 13:25
personally i think is worth buying if it is $800psf becos the chance of capital appreciation is high. simply becos of jurong lake development which already trigger action and the benchmark is already set by kepland at $1000psf. if comparing caspian with new launch i think i will go for caspian. a 10% discount can be $100psf which work out to at least $100k saving for a 1000sf size. afterall both are new! :2cents:

devilplate
14-05-10, 13:29
Hi guys,

Just want to have views on the 2 projects. Caspian is now selling above $800psf, would like to know from experts view what is the upside potential to buy caspian now. Will the price rise to the level of the new launch since caspian is just beside the new project. from below scenario, what is your choice when the new project launch?

Thanks

choose bwteen the 2...caspian lor...

but if u get ard 850psf...potential downside will be ard 650psf for worse scenerio as 1st owners can breakeven at 650psf easily.

ay123
14-05-10, 13:41
choose bwteen the 2...caspian lor...

but if u get ard 850psf...potential downside will be ard 650psf for worse scenerio as 1st owners can breakeven at 650psf easily.

sigh!!! actually i called a few agents......quite impossible to get $800psf liao. now seems like there are no seller they are holding on the unit. i heard there are people asking for $900~950psf

jonleelk
14-05-10, 13:51
Between caspian and the next one, not much of a difference as both will be blocked.

The next next one which will be facing the lake unblock will be different...so will be the price. :scared-1:

RE_Owner
14-05-10, 14:02
Between caspian and the next one, not much of a difference as both will be blocked.

The next next one which will be facing the lake unblock will be different...so will be the price. :scared-1:

Actually is the lake view really that important? afterall is still not seaview wat. if no lakeview is better to go for pool view. guarantee unblock pool view.

i agree....owners are asking quite high price. tats why still thinking to get one now before the price go up again or should wait for the new launch

peterng8
14-05-10, 15:14
sigh!!! actually i called a few agents......quite impossible to get $800psf liao. now seems like there are no seller they are holding on the unit. i heard there are people asking for $900~950psf

if going for S$900 to S$950, than the studio will be going above S$1000psf to S$1100.... I am also waiting for new one to see their layout and landscape design...

ay123
14-05-10, 16:41
if going for S$900 to S$950, than the studio will be going above S$1000psf to S$1100.... I am also waiting for new one to see their layout and landscape design...

$900 to $950psf is only asking price which i think will not achieve now. it may be possible in a few months down the road. But to achieve that kind of price will also depend whether the bank willing to match that price. if bank do not want to match that price, how is the buyer going to buy.

amk
14-05-10, 17:32
... tats why still thinking to get one now before the price go up again or should wait for the new launch
900 is ridiculous.

with the current europe crisis, the market sentiment will turn sour.

U really HAVE to buy now ? I think can wait a while. Not that there is no supply in this area. once upon a time, Lakeshore takes ages to sell.

RE_Owner
14-05-10, 17:49
900 is ridiculous.

with the current europe crisis, the market sentiment will turn sour.

U really HAVE to buy now ? I think can wait a while. Not that there is no supply in this area. once upon a time, Lakeshore takes ages to sell.

wanted to find one in that area. when i saw kepland snap up that piece of land at $499 and probably sell at $1000psf got a bit nervous that if i don get now i might need to pay more for either the new project or caspian (by the new launch, the price might go up further maybe at 10% discount against new project). lakeshore is also selling abt $900psf even it is an old condo.

this europe crisis don seem to have much impact. my feel is no matter what they will continue to pump $ to prevent a double dip.

devilplate
14-05-10, 17:54
EU debt is old event liao...nid fresh stuff to trigger a crash. :D

amk
14-05-10, 19:25
it's the sentiment that matters. in mid/late 2009, stock market was going up in a straight line. story of recovery is everywhere. this helps the pty buying trend. now, equities are swinging up/down and with no sign of bottoming. SG pty market is very much sentiment driven. with an atmosphere like this, near term should see transaction volume dip. when that happens, sellers will want to lock in profit and start to be reasonable. Developer needs at least 6months minimum to prepare a launch, I think you still have time. There is no reason to pay for a forward price now. 900 is the forward price when Keppel Land launches their site.

peterng8
14-05-10, 20:23
$900 to $950psf is only asking price which i think will not achieve now. it may be possible in a few months down the road. But to achieve that kind of price will also depend whether the bank willing to match that price. if bank do not want to match that price, how is the buyer going to buy.

yeah, that is another reason I am waiting for the new one to see first...maybe at that time...the story may be different ....:D

caspian.... :sleep:

Regulators
14-05-10, 23:41
that is a gimmick a lot of agents are using, telling people the next project launched beside caspian would bring up caspian's price. if you look at the 2 bedders for caspian, all facing track, how is it worth it to pay $800psf or more for a unit facing the track. The big units facing away from track have such a high quantum that one would be better off parking money elsewhere in D15, 12 or some other better districts. I think the hype in the lake district area is just temporary until people start waking up to their senses and buy into better districts which are non-industrial, unlike jurong. I sincerely think that only idiots would pay $900k for projects like centris when the project not only looks damn ugly, but in a lousy industrial location as well. :doh:

mantrix
14-05-10, 23:53
I tend to agree. One of the furthest places away from town, and not in a recreational zone...I'll park my money elsewhere

devilplate
15-05-10, 00:20
that is a gimmick a lot of agents are using, telling people the next project launched beside caspian would bring up caspian's price. if you look at the 2 bedders for caspian, all facing track, how is it worth it to pay $800psf or more for a unit facing the track. The big units facing away from track have such a high quantum that one would be better off parking money elsewhere in D15, 12 or some other better districts. I think the hype in the lake district area is just temporary until people start waking up to their senses and buy into better districts which are non-industrial, unlike jurong. I sincerely think that only idiots would pay $900k for projects like centris when the project not only looks damn ugly, but in a lousy industrial location as well. :doh:

y so fed up...

Latio
15-05-10, 01:02
Old Dunearn property fetching about $1k persqft.
So near town.

Now Jurong also going tat price.

So which one better.....

Do consider to look/compare elsewhere.

Rather compare those side by side for investment...

Regulators
15-05-10, 01:08
precisely. an old project in a better district is anytime better than a new project in a lousy district if both going for almost the same psf

So near town.

So which one better.....

devilplate
15-05-10, 01:15
So near town.

So which one better.....

those resale old condos need ppl like u to buy up their hse:D

EBD
15-05-10, 16:22
precisely. an old project in a better district is anytime better than a new project in a lousy district if both going for almost the same psf

right - 3 rules of property

location location location

peterng8
15-05-10, 18:01

those who bought 2 room less than 500K now selling at 600K ++ to 700K++ should be smiling:D

money keep in the pocket warm warm and sleep song song and dont need to consider or worry....:sleep:

Regulators
15-05-10, 23:30
but the big question is how high can Caspian go with upcoming launch beside caspian? You may want to share your insights with us pertaining to this million dollar question...

those who bought 2 room less than 500K now selling at 600K ++ to 700K++ should be smiling:D

money keep in the pocket warm warm and sleep song song and dont need to consider or worry....:sleep:

kane
15-05-10, 23:57
Hi guys,

Thanks

i would definitely go for the cheaper option and get an ID to dress up the place with the money saved. one is raw walls, other is showroom feel, both at the same total cost. how difficult a decision can that be?

but as what regulator rightfully pointed out, what's the amount of upside from here? if it's for self-stay, then maybe the numbers matter a little less. if i stretched my imagination a little i can probably force myself to accept a place that isn't selling over 1k psf for suburban location.

devilplate
16-05-10, 00:41
no point keep saying new launches r overpriced...

just go out there and grab those nrby resale if u tink they r at a bargain.

pricing too subjective...location aso subjective.

its like orchard new launches 3k psf...some say too ex..some say best location, some say buy resale at 2-2.5k better....nvr ending..

mabe better to discuss Pros and Cons of a project rather den attacking on the pricing

kane
16-05-10, 02:20
no point keep saying new launches r overpriced...

just go out there and grab those nrby resale if u tink they r at a bargain.

pricing too subjective...location aso subjective.

its like orchard new launches 3k psf...some say too ex..some say best location, some say buy resale at 2-2.5k better....nvr ending..

mabe better to discuss Pros and Cons of a project rather den attacking on the pricing

FCL and Keppel will probably have a fairly homogeneous offering. and given that both is expected to TOP at the same time, i think the common sense would be to buy the cheaper of the 2. :D

jlrx
16-05-10, 04:09

That is definitely true from a financial point of view.

However, life is not just about money, and I'm getting a bit envious of the many people here excitedly discussing about their new properties, eagerly awaiting their TOP and inspecting their modern wardrobes which do not look like "coffins". :scared-5:

Looks quite OK to me. :scared-5:

At least it's better than the wardrobes that come with most of the properties I buy, which look something like this ...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/matty_1080/DSC01963.jpg
omg, tat look like a coffin more then wardrobes....:doh:

Regulators
16-05-10, 04:19
LOL....the wardrobe is funny. it would remind you that u cannot carry ur properties into the coffin. cash out on ur profit when the time is ripe and enjoy it before u meet ur maker. :D

That is definitely true from a financial point of view.

However, life is not just about money, and I'm getting a bit envious of the many people here excitedly discussing about their new properties, eagerly awaiting their TOP and inspecting their modern wardrobes which do not look like "coffins". :scared-5:

Wild Falcon
16-05-10, 20:43
Hmm still promoting your D15 and D12 in other threads? If the person is looking to buy D22 for whatever reason, perhaps you should comment on this district instead of asking the person to buy your D15 or D12? Why call people who buy Centris "idiots"? No need to resort to name callling. They could be happy in their Centris - let's not judge that people buy your D15 is genius and D22 is idiot.

Wild Falcon
16-05-10, 20:51
Very hard to answer your question. Value is very subjective isn't it? If you're strictly looking at this area and Caspian is selling at $800psf today and you think it is worth $800psf, then just go ahead and buy. I don't think you should keep waiting for new launches to appear in the area. Most condos have roughly the same layout and facilities any way. But I must caveat that there are some recent launches or pre-launch that are not doing well (but not in this area though). I giuess at the end of the day, it's your own judgment call on whether prices will continue to head up. And $800psf doesn't seem to be an "out-of-this-world" price IMHO. Lakeshore has hit those prices right?

And I can see other "remarks" saying the place is very "industrial" and price will collapse and asking you to buy D15 or D12, just ignore them lah.

Hi guys,

Thanks

maisonjai
16-05-10, 22:31
FCL and Keppel will probably have a fairly homogeneous offering. and given that both is expected to TOP at the same time, i think the common sense would be to buy the cheaper of the 2. :D

i have a feeling Keppel will market it higher end segment, otherwise difficult to justify their 1k psf. Reflections at Jurong Lake :D

kane
17-05-10, 01:03
i have a feeling Keppel will market it higher end segment, otherwise difficult to justify their 1k psf. Reflections at Jurong Lake :D

caspian say 800psf, keppel say 1000psf. no matter how much higher end, i can take that 200psf and dress it up to showroom style plus grohe taps, toto WC, quartz marble top, etc. No mass market condo is going to provide you an elaborate ID. Even St Regis doesn't.

i'm not vested in caspian but if i wanted to stay in that area regardless of price, the decision should be pretty straightforward if i want my money to work the hardest for me.

RE_Owner
17-05-10, 01:08
appreciate for all experts view. will probably buy before price being push up again. checked with few agents still cannot find seller willing to let go at $850psf.....mostly asking for $900psf. seem like owners are holding on to their unit. is true that they have holding power and are willing to wait for the new launch to set the benchmark:beats-me-man:

kane
17-05-10, 01:14
appreciate for all experts view. will probably buy before price being push up again. checked with few agents still cannot find seller willing to let go at $850psf.....mostly asking for $900psf. seem like owners are holding on to their unit. is true that they have holding power and are willing to wait for the new launch to set the benchmark:beats-me-man:

go hunt yourself, maybe your agent is trying to rip you off.

gohsoonk
17-05-10, 09:18
The fresh stuff will be the crash of the property market in China. Maids are even buying houses there...

EU debt is old event liao...nid fresh stuff to trigger a crash. :D

jitkiat
17-05-10, 10:08

Sure or not? I think some double bay subsales still below 850psf (2br).

ay123
17-05-10, 10:28
Sure or not? I think some double bay subsales still below 850psf (2br).

i think should be the asking price but no taker

Wild Falcon
17-05-10, 12:22
The buyers bought so low... they are unlikely to be in a "desperate" position. And when they look at Lakeshore beside it which is an older condo consistently hitting above $850psf, they will also ask for the same price lor. Would you consider the "older" resale condos if price tag is a big consideration? What about Lakeshore? It is one of those development where the "real" thing looks better than the showroom. Those who bought at $390psf really laffing to the bank. Or Parc Oasis? Or if you're really ONLY buying NEW launches, then you don't have much choice liao.

Actually I think the market has quieten a bit with the PIIGS crisis. There could be a window of opportunity if the crisis doesn't resolve but nobody knows for sure. $800psf - minimal downside because Lakeshore is consistently above $850psf. $900psf - downside of max $100psf. Can you stomach that? That's the question that only you can answer.

Allthepies
17-05-10, 13:32
Hi guys,

Thanks

i'm pretty sure for the new units facing the lake i.e. those with lake view will be sold above $1000psf. if i'm buying, i will buy the lake view unit. u can see the lake plus the new city skyline of jurong east if it ever materialises. if im the existing owner of caspian, i will sell off my caspian unit to u and buy the new development with view :)

devilplate
17-05-10, 14:11

OASIS @ ELIAS only selling at 750-800psf now...mabe cheapest project in SG NOW? :D

if u only wan to stay in tat area...buy resale? or u can consider Northvale as i find it still undervalued...mabe still can buy below 600psf...(not vested, just recommended my fren to buy there recently) tot gd deal for self stay...CCK and Lakeside...same western area rite...gd luck in ur hunting

devilplate
17-05-10, 14:14
i'm pretty sure for the new units facing the lake i.e. those with lake view will be sold above $1000psf. if i'm buying, i will buy the lake view unit. u can see the lake plus the new city skyline of jurong east if it ever materialises. if im the existing owner of caspian, i will sell off my caspian unit to u and buy the new development with view :)

u goto check the URA masterplan first b4 u make this comment..there is another land parcel beside keppel's one tat will eventually blocked keppel's lakeview.

wana premium lakeview...try lakeshore...duno how much though..hehe

devilplate
17-05-10, 14:18
Actually I think the market has quieten a bit with the PIIGS crisis. There could be a window of opportunity if the crisis doesn't resolve but nobody knows for sure. $800psf - minimal downside because Lakeshore is consistently above $850psf. $900psf - downside of max $100psf. Can you stomach that? That's the question that only you can answer.

is this a joke? downside max 100psf? i wud say 600psf max downside.

ay123
17-05-10, 14:32

:scared-4: don scare RE_owner leh........$600psf!!!!

devilplate
17-05-10, 15:14
:scared-4: don scare RE_owner leh........$600psf!!!!

no choice la...first owners bot too low at 580-600psf mah...they can sell at breakeven prices is major crisis were to hit before TOP

tats how i sniff out firesale deals last yr...find those gg to TOP projects and whr 1st owners bot cheap cheap. :D

Allthepies
17-05-10, 15:59
u goto check the URA masterplan first b4 u make this comment..there is another land parcel beside keppel's one tat will eventually blocked keppel's lakeview.

if u look carefully enough, u will know tat this won't happen anytime soon :)

jitkiat
17-05-10, 16:34
no choice la...first owners bot too low at 580-600psf mah...they can sell at breakeven prices is major crisis were to hit before TOP

tats how i sniff out firesale deals last yr...find those gg to TOP projects and whr 1st owners bot cheap cheap. :D

Unlikely. They might as well stay in than sell at breakeven, most bought for self-stay anyway. Unless HDB resale market crash back to 2005/2006 level which is even more unlikely.

ay123
17-05-10, 16:48

tat can only be found during downturn lor. now even those going to TOP soon they might not want to firesell. the fundamental is so strong, so no reason for them to sell low unless they cannot secure a loan

Wild Falcon
17-05-10, 21:51
I mean downside of 100psf - which means say 850psf-100psf = 750psf as a bottom. But I guess 650psf is also a possibility if major crisis bah. But I think overall, if nothing earthshattering happens, should have some resistance at 750psf. That's just gut feel. Sometimes it's like stock market, today some of my stocks suddenly fall below by entry price - bo bian just hold on lor - as long as you're confidant that in the long term, it can hit above your entry price. And the threadstarter is buying for own stay right - buy for own use sometimes cannot use too much of the head but more of the heart. It's like buying a performance car to reward yourself - use too much of the head will never buy one. If for self-stay, the volatility in the market becomes even less relevant. But I sense the market has quieten down a bit in the primary market. There are quite a few pre-launch that has gone all quiet... the calm before the storm? :cool:

Komo
17-05-10, 22:06
I believe caspian will lose out to other newer developments in the area. At least I'll consider those newer ones instead of Caspian. My impression is Caspian's "benchmark" (quality, design, etc) can be easily overtaken.

kane
17-05-10, 22:14
I believe caspian will lose out to other newer developments in the area. At least I'll consider those newer ones instead of Caspian. My impression is Caspian's "benchmark" (quality, design, etc) can be easily overtaken.

newer? there are some in the area that are going for TOP after 2013?

devilplate
18-05-10, 01:56
tat can only be found during downturn lor. now even those going to TOP soon they might not want to firesell. the fundamental is so strong, so no reason for them to sell low unless they cannot secure a loan

tats y i mentioned 'IF major crisis happens b4 TOP'...if crisis happen after TOP...caspian downside risk will be max at mabe 750psf.

in my earlier post...i oredi urged all caspian owners DUN SELL NOW...hehe zero downside risk...unlimited upside potential....BAO HUAT

devilplate
18-05-10, 02:02
I mean downside of 100psf - which means say 850psf-100psf = 750psf as a bottom. But I guess 650psf is also a possibility if major crisis bah. But I think overall, if nothing earthshattering happens, should have some resistance at 750psf. That's just gut feel. Sometimes it's like stock market, today some of my stocks suddenly fall below by entry price - bo bian just hold on lor - as long as you're confidant that in the long term, it can hit above your entry price. And the threadstarter is buying for own stay right - buy for own use sometimes cannot use too much of the head but more of the heart. It's like buying a performance car to reward yourself - use too much of the head will never buy one. If for self-stay, the volatility in the market becomes even less relevant. But I sense the market has quieten down a bit in the primary market. There are quite a few pre-launch that has gone all quiet... the calm before the storm? :cool:

K noted on the 100psf downside.

sometimes it is good for the market to consolidate (resting period) so tat it can climb up further. so, at least Mr Mah dun hf to implement new measures for the time being...EU oredi 'help' mah to save the trouble...:D

well, if really calm b4 a storm...i can always add a new member to my list. :D

ay123
18-05-10, 13:47

any new development will be overtaken by the newer development, we definitley cannot catch up. the attractiveness of caspian is near mrt so no problem with rental.

peterng8
18-05-10, 14:04
any new development will be overtaken by the newer development, we definitley cannot catch up. the attractiveness of caspian is near mrt so no problem with rental.

anyway, there are many housings near MRT in Jurong east, lake side area...condos like lakeholmz, parc vista, parc oasis, centris, lake shore...coming caspian and keppel new dev, plus many many HDB flats...so yield may be low unless price bought is low...

noblebaby
18-05-10, 23:40
just need more foreign talents to enter singapore... some are highly paid and can afford...

anyway, there are many housings near MRT in Jurong east, lake side area...condos like lakeholmz, parc vista, parc oasis, centris, lake shore...coming caspian and keppel new dev, plus many many HDB flats...so yield may be low unless price bought is low...

peterng8
19-05-10, 08:42
just need more foreign talents to enter singapore... some are highly paid and can afford...

Most highly paid ones are in city area leh...and average ones will be quite choosy nowsaday as their have choices....so many condo and flats to choose..mostly filipino and chinese other nationals not so many at suburbs area...

anyway, although prices are high, genuine buyers who want to buy at this frward price are limited...so if a 2 room caspian can sell at S$800k or more as what others mentioned they have been propsed, let go unless for own stay...my point of view ...no offence....

ay123
19-05-10, 09:42
Most highly paid ones are in city area leh...and average ones will be quite choosy nowsaday as their have choices....so many condo and flats to choose..mostly filipino and chinese other nationals not so many at suburbs area...

anyway, although prices are high, genuine buyers who want to buy at this frward price are limited...so if a 2 room caspian can sell at S$800k or more as what others mentioned they have been propsed, let go unless for own stay...my point of view ...no offence....

whats the hurry to sell. most caspian owners are for own stay. my feel is they can wait until the new launch. i believe the price will be pushed higher. of course if the owner ask for $900psf now definitely cannot sell lah. u are always very supportive that caspian price can rise further but now u are singing a different tone? have u already sold yr unit at below $800psf?

Wild Falcon
19-05-10, 10:50
I think we should give credit to the Caspian buyers who bot from developer. They are the ones who entered the market at the height of the financial crisis and started the upward trend. They have guts and foresight. In short, I doubt anyone of them are that desperate to sell unless it has reached their selling price (whatever that is). It is an investment with minimal downside and substantial upside. Not forgetting it should fetch pretty decent yields as well at their entry price and holding cash is not exactly the most attractive option nowadays. They will only sell if the offer is too good to resist.

RE_Owner
19-05-10, 11:28
I think we should give credit to the Caspian buyers who bot from developer. They are the ones who entered the market at the height of the financial crisis and started the upward trend. They have guts and foresight. In short, I doubt anyone of them are that desperate to sell unless it has reached their selling price (whatever that is). It is an investment with minimal downside and substantial upside. Not forgetting it should fetch pretty decent yields as well at their entry price and holding cash is not exactly the most attractive option nowadays. They will only sell if the offer is too good to resist.

i agree with you. :cheers1: salute to them. but that give me a hard time to sniff out good deal cos they have holding power. the recent cavaet lodge show the highest at $803psf. but i think this should be transacted maybe 2 mths ago cos the cavaet will always has a time lapse? a bit nervous that the price will shoot higher again.

peterng8
19-05-10, 20:48
whats the hurry to sell. most caspian owners are for own stay. my feel is they can wait until the new launch. i believe the price will be pushed higher. of course if the owner ask for $900psf now definitely cannot sell lah. u are always very supportive that caspian price can rise further but now u are singing a different tone? have u already sold yr unit at below $800psf?

Yeah hold hold I believe the price will reach S$1500psf in no time soon....yahoo....:D

akow
20-05-10, 22:24
Yeah hold hold I believe the price will reach S$1500psf in no time soon....yahoo....:D
With the new development just beside, lake-view unit in Caspien would be blocked....the price increase might be affected for these units

RE_Owner
21-05-10, 11:33
With the new development just beside, lake-view unit in Caspien would be blocked....the price increase might be affected for these units

agree the lakeview will be block but who knows the new launch will also be block in future. so the best bet is to buy pool view.....need not worry of block view. actually even with lake view will you sit there and watch the view everyday? anyway the lake is jus a few steps away. probably when the developments in jurong kicks in, it will be great to walk there to feel than to view the lake at the balcony....

Lim Family
21-05-10, 11:49
actually, if you really want to buy caspian or the new development condo, just go for it.

its your money and we are talking abt hundreds of thousands....if you cant decide what to do with your hundreds of thousands, who can?

even if you listen to some of the pl here, if anything what they say dun turn out, its you are the ones who got burnt and not them....we only talk ad discuss, you make the final decision.

I have a 2cents opinion too..if those condos in the jurong west or lake site area are going to shoot up to 900 to 1000psf...how abt those condos nearby...?

When that times come, ppl who really wanna buy district 22 will look into nearby condo and price will follow...

of course, when it decrease, those will lock in too....

so ask yourself, you are buying for staying or investment? think harder only if yoiu decide to invest and flip..

RE_Owner
21-05-10, 17:29
Work on $200million mall at former jurong entertainment centre has started, come with olympic size ice skating rink. another boost for jurong area...........

peterng8
22-05-10, 10:34

for rental, most highly paid ones are in city area leh...and average ones will be quite choosy nowsaday as their have choices....so many condo and flats to choose..mostly filipino and chinese other nationals not so many at suburbs area...

anyway, although prices are high, genuine buyers who want to buy at this frward price are limited...so if a 2 room(around 900sqft) caspian can sell at S$800k or more as what others mentioned they have been propsed, let go if for investment UNLESS for own stay...my point of view ...no offence....

mygeemeel
25-05-10, 11:10
Govt released new land for DBSS and private development. Looking at historical transaction, the prices will NOT be low because of current benchmarks. Turnaround time is about 5 years for these to be ready and developers currently have little land left, so i reckon bidding will be intense.

Current EU problem is slowing transactions but not at levels once experienced during US subprime. Once EU recovers, property prices in Spore will continue it's upward momentum. Mass mkt condos might see prices in region of S$1200psf because there are still people who have problems getting their hands on a HDB flat for locations far far away.

We could be worried after 5 years when all newer developments are ready/TOP but with Jurong/Lakeside masterplan, we are very much secured. For me, i will hold my unit and sell at acceptable level. I may even hold until TOP and re-enter market after saturation kicks in. Hopefully by then i will get a chance to buy a bigger unit at Caspian. :p

gohsoonk
25-05-10, 17:30
There are 18 sites on the confirmed list.

IMHO, the likely scenario is that the developers will concentrate their firepower on some hot sites (lest they run out of cash when too many bids become successful). I think the hot sites will still be at current benchmarks or higher. However, the cold sites will probably be bidded at a lower price compared to current benchmarks.

Let's wait and see :)

Govt released new land for DBSS and private development. Looking at historical transaction, the prices will NOT be low because of current benchmarks. Turnaround time is about 5 years for these to be ready and developers currently have little land left, so i reckon bidding will be intense.

Current EU problem is slowing transactions but not at levels once experienced during US subprime. Once EU recovers, property prices in Spore will continue it's upward momentum. Mass mkt condos might see prices in region of S$1200psf because there are still people who have problems getting their hands on a HDB flat for locations far far away.

We could be worried after 5 years when all newer developments are ready/TOP but with Jurong/Lakeside masterplan, we are very much secured. For me, i will hold my unit and sell at acceptable level. I may even hold until TOP and re-enter market after saturation kicks in. Hopefully by then i will get a chance to buy a bigger unit at Caspian. :p

gohsoonk
25-05-10, 17:30
There are 18 sites on the confirmed list.

IMHO, the likely scenario is that the developers will concentrate their firepower on some hot sites (lest they run out of cash when too many bids become successful). I think the hot sites will still be at current benchmarks or higher. However, the cold sites will probably be bidded at a lower price compared to current benchmarks.

Let's wait and see :)

mygeemeel
25-05-10, 17:38
Look at today's news. MCL won tender for Hougang site, $456psf ppr. This like this 99 year leasehold development would be selling at higher than $1000 psf.

Recent launches of FH in vicinity transacted in Q1 2010:
1. D'Pavilion $930psf
2. Residences Botanique $1000psf
3. Wembly Residences $870psf
4. Kovan Residences, 99yr leasehold $900psf.

Looks like low interest rate, fall in shares, EU problems... all made buying property in Spore a safer bet/investment. End of the day must have holding power too.