PDA

View Full Version : Atrium Residences

azeoprop
29-04-10, 22:52
Any comments on this relatively new (1 year old) condo at Geylang Lor 28? At 600-650psf seems rather value for money. :beats-me-man:

http://www.singaporeexpats.com/singapore-property-pictures/condo/atrium-residences.htm
http://property.streetdb.com/singapore-property/floor-plan-ATRIUM-RESIDENCES.htm#_self

Reporter
29-04-10, 22:58
Atrium Residences has a nëw hïgh of $702 psf!

Atrium Residences
Address ............................... psf ............ Area .......... Price .......... Contract Date
11 Lorong 28 Geylang #04-17 .... $702 psf .... 969 sqft ...... $680,000 .... 29 Mar 10

azeoprop
29-04-10, 23:04
:doh: even geylang also so expensive now...

smallant
30-04-10, 00:07
Atrium.. so expensive.. How to rent to wild fowls ?? scarly they do their biz there.. the owner might get into troubles with the authorities ? :scared-4:

proud owner
30-04-10, 04:08
Atrium.. so expensive.. How to rent to wild fowls ?? scarly they do their biz there.. the owner might get into troubles with the authorities ? :scared-4:

did i read somewhere they move to kovan ?>

new2mondrian
30-04-10, 15:44
Any comments on this relatively new (1 year old) condo at Geylang Lor 28? At 600-650psf seems rather value for money. :beats-me-man:

http://www.singaporeexpats.com/singapore-property-pictures/condo/atrium-residences.htm
http://property.streetdb.com/singapore-property/floor-plan-ATRIUM-RESIDENCES.htm#_self

a couple of years back, there was this article in the money section of the Sunday Times about a retired dad and his 2 sons, who bought a unit at Atrium Residences each (or rather 3 units for 3 pax) during the launch (which means they bought at $4xxpsf); but subsequently failed to secure any bank financing despite their good credit standing and first property purchase. Bankers interviewed at that time shared that properties too near to Geylang red-light zone might not be deemed as acceptable collateral to banks, especially given the borrowers' profiles of being single men (1 pax per loan) rather than being a whole family unit.

the long and short is - properties along geylang even-numbered lorongs (below lor 30) may not always secure financing, and this will certainly cap the upside potential of the property. There are also complaints about the quality of this devt in public forums, hence good to buy with your eyes open.

azeoprop
30-04-10, 23:57
Ok thanks for the info, I will look somewhere else then haa haa...:)

Wolverine23
21-05-10, 08:30
so what is a realistic price for Atrium now? $700psf?

marktkt22
29-05-10, 00:39
a couple of years back, there was this article in the money section of the Sunday Times about a retired dad and his 2 sons, who bought a unit at Atrium Residences each (or rather 3 units for 3 pax) during the launch (which means they bought at $4xxpsf); but subsequently failed to secure any bank financing despite their good credit standing and first property purchase. Bankers interviewed at that time shared that properties too near to Geylang red-light zone might not be deemed as acceptable collateral to banks, especially given the borrowers' profiles of being single men (1 pax per loan) rather than being a whole family unit.

the long and short is - properties along geylang even-numbered lorongs (below lor 30) may not always secure financing, and this will certainly cap the upside potential of the property. There are also complaints about the quality of this devt in public forums, hence good to buy with your eyes open.

i remember that article.
lesson learnt: if buy geylang apt...better :scared-4: dont ask bank for loan.

Wolverine23
29-05-10, 07:31
i remember that article.
lesson learnt: if buy geylang apt...better :scared-4: dont ask bank for loan.

that was in the past... things are slowly changing now.....

jwong71
29-05-10, 15:14
that was in the past... things are slowly changing now.....

things are still the same. Only 1, 2 bank can loan,up t0 50-60%. And the new launch at lorong 26, only got 1 or 2 bank to loan.

Even i throw the 40% down, wad is going to happen to my future buyers.? how many can and want to dump in 40% in this location?

Wolverine23
29-05-10, 16:57
things are still the same. Only 1, 2 bank can loan,up t0 50-60%. And the new launch at lorong 26, only got 1 or 2 bank to loan.

Even i throw the 40% down, wad is going to happen to my future buyers.? how many can and want to dump in 40% in this location?

in the future, this will be prime property if you have faith.

Wild Falcon
29-05-10, 18:25
Well, it may mean there is a window of opportunity to buy undervalued Geylang properties. Once banks open up to the idea of lending to Geylang, future upside potential would be huge. There is no reason why banks refuse to lend to freehold Geylang properties.

new2mondrian
30-05-10, 02:52
Sunday Times, July 30, 2006
Red blight district
Family forfeits $22,000 in booking fees for condos in Geylang red-light area after banks reject loan application

By Sarah Ng

PROPERTY experts will tell you that one of the most important considerations when buying a piece of property is - location, location, location.

If that property you are eyeing happens to be in a red-light area, this cannot be more true.

And for good reason: You may well be unable to get a bank loan for it

Mr Lim, 30, his younger brother and their widowed father had intended to buy one unit each at the Atrium Residences condominium in Geylang Lorong 28 earlier this month.

To secure the three freehold units, they put down $91,000 collectively - or 5 per cent of the units' total selling price - as booking fees.

But Mr Lim started hitting brick walls when he approached banks for financing. He needed a 30-year loan of $400,000 on his unit but was turned down by no fewer than seven banks, including DBS Bank and Standard Chartered.

Only finance companies Hong Leong Finance and Sing Investments and Finance said yes.

This, despite Mr Lim earning more than $50,000 a year as a product manager with a publishing company and having a clean credit history, he said.

'I had no problem getting a car loan previously, so I didn't think that it would be a problem getting a housing loan from the banks. It never occurred to me that the location was the problem.'

He added that the condominium was located in the residential zone of Geylang, under the Urban Redevelopment Authority's Master Plan 2003.

Banks contacted stopped short of admitting that they discriminate against any one location, saying only that the location of the property is among several factors they consider when reviewing mortgage loan applications.

The Monetary Authority of Singapore said it does not intervene in banks' commercial decisions on lending, which are based on their own range of internal credit evaluation criteria.

But industry experts note that banks may also have concerns about selling off such properties in the event of customers defaulting on the loan, resulting in repossession by the bank.

Said DBS Bank: 'We do not offer financing for properties that are of potentially higher credit risks to us as the current and future value of the properties are subject to several other factors like the condition, type of business and location of the property and its surroundings.'

Generally, banks do not finance properties located in the even-numbered lorongs between Geylang Lorong 2 and 28, which is known as the red-light district, said lawyer Lie Chin Chin of Lie Kee Pong Partnership and Ms Angeline Lim, senior marketing director of realtor ERA.

proud owner
07-06-10, 09:53
Sunday Times, July 30, 2006
Red blight district
Family forfeits $22,000 in booking fees for condos in Geylang red-light area after banks reject loan application

By Sarah Ng

PROPERTY experts will tell you that one of the most important considerations when buying a piece of property is - location, location, location.

If that property you are eyeing happens to be in a red-light area, this cannot be more true.

And for good reason: You may well be unable to get a bank loan for it

Mr Lim, 30, his younger brother and their widowed father had intended to buy one unit each at the Atrium Residences condominium in Geylang Lorong 28 earlier this month.

To secure the three freehold units, they put down $91,000 collectively - or 5 per cent of the units' total selling price - as booking fees.

But Mr Lim started hitting brick walls when he approached banks for financing. He needed a 30-year loan of $400,000 on his unit but was turned down by no fewer than seven banks, including DBS Bank and Standard Chartered.

Only finance companies Hong Leong Finance and Sing Investments and Finance said yes.

This, despite Mr Lim earning more than $50,000 a year as a product manager with a publishing company and having a clean credit history, he said.

'I had no problem getting a car loan previously, so I didn't think that it would be a problem getting a housing loan from the banks. It never occurred to me that the location was the problem.'

He added that the condominium was located in the residential zone of Geylang, under the Urban Redevelopment Authority's Master Plan 2003.

Banks contacted stopped short of admitting that they discriminate against any one location, saying only that the location of the property is among several factors they consider when reviewing mortgage loan applications.

The Monetary Authority of Singapore said it does not intervene in banks' commercial decisions on lending, which are based on their own range of internal credit evaluation criteria.

But industry experts note that banks may also have concerns about selling off such properties in the event of customers defaulting on the loan, resulting in repossession by the bank.

Said DBS Bank: 'We do not offer financing for properties that are of potentially higher credit risks to us as the current and future value of the properties are subject to several other factors like the condition, type of business and location of the property and its surroundings.'

Generally, banks do not finance properties located in the even-numbered lorongs between Geylang Lorong 2 and 28, which is known as the red-light district, said lawyer Lie Chin Chin of Lie Kee Pong Partnership and Ms Angeline Lim, senior marketing director of realtor ERA.

this is ***ual discrimination

proud owner
07-06-10, 09:55
Well, it may mean there is a window of opportunity to buy undervalued Geylang properties. Once banks open up to the idea of lending to Geylang, future upside potential would be huge. There is no reason why banks refuse to lend to freehold Geylang properties.

anyone has any honest view on Atrium residences ??

Geylang OKT
07-06-10, 10:32
in the future, this will be prime property if you have faith.

Geylang is the next Newton :D

Regulators
07-06-10, 12:23
if that is above lor 30, think should be quite safe

azeoprop
07-06-10, 22:22

For me I think this is the cheapest non-mickey mouse relatively new freehold development near the city. If the red light district move out of this place, can easily fetch similar prices as waterbank.

....maybe 20 years later? :beats-me-man:

devilplate
07-06-10, 22:25
For me I think this is the cheapest non-mickey mouse relatively new freehold development near the city. If the red light district move out of this place, can easily fetch similar prices as waterbank.

20yrs later?? even redlight remains, the prices there will still reach todays WB prices after 20yrs:D

Geylang OKT
07-06-10, 23:01
No $400psf No Buy! :D :D :D

ps16
01-03-11, 10:32
Hi, will like to seek advice from the experts here. I am thinking of buying a 3 bedder unit at Atrium Residence for rental purposes. This will be my only property, thus no need to fork out the 40% upfront. My situation is such that my family and I are staying in a HDB with in-laws now and no plans to move out in the next few yrs.

1. Buy a 3 bedder for rental
2. Sell away in 4-5yrs time and buy a unit for my family when we want to move out of in-laws

Reason for choosing to invest in Geylang or this unit is because there is potential of capital upside if the red light district is moved out. If it doesn't, I will still gain from the rental collection.

Thanks....

devilplate
01-03-11, 11:38
Hi, will like to seek advice from the experts here. I am thinking of buying a 3 bedder unit at Atrium Residence for rental purposes. This will be my only property, thus no need to fork out the 40% upfront. My situation is such that my family and I are staying in a HDB with in-laws now and no plans to move out in the next few yrs.

2. Sell away in 4-5yrs time and buy a unit for my family when we want to move out of in-laws

Reason for choosing to invest in Geylang or this unit is because there is potential of capital upside if the red light district is moved out. If it doesn't, I will still gain from the rental collection.

Thanks....

i assume ur family dunwan to stay in geylang rite....den wat makes u tink this project got further potential if u urself nvr consider tat location for self stay?

since u dun hf other ppty....u shd be buying a plc tat suits both investment cum self stay in case smthing happen and u nid to move out:2cents: :cheers6:

land118
01-03-11, 11:39

Thanks....

Some data for your info, think prices have creeped up to $800psf..., fairly new project, in-between Dakota and Aljunied MRT - ~600m away, FH. Further down at Lor 40 is The Waterina, also FH but about 6 yr project, transacted about $900+psf - but probably not so in the "thick of action":

http://www.streetsine.com/static/home2/map.jsp#postalcode-398406-APT

Transacted since Dec 2010:

7 Lorong 28 Geylang #04-12
Freehold
$799
$800k
18 Jan 11
11 Lorong 28 Geylang #07-17
Freehold
$846
$820k
07 Jan 11
7 Lorong 28 Geylang #06-12
Freehold
$829
$830k
28 Dec 10
11 Lorong 28 Geylang #05-19
Freehold
$733
$900k
17 Dec 10
7 Lorong 28 Geylang #03-13
Freehold
$687
$895k
10 Dec 10
11 Lorong 28 Geylang #02-20
Freehold
$732
$780k
10 Dec 10
7 Lorong 28 Geylang #02-13
Freehold
$711
$895k
10 Dec 10
5 Lorong 28 Geylang #05-10
Freehold
$766
$808k
03 Dec 10

Best to seek Geylang Expert, OKT...if he got any views..

devilplate
01-03-11, 11:40
No $400psf No Buy! :D :D :D

400psf...u mean land price??? can dream on liao lor...:p

7 Lorong 28 Geylang #04-12
Freehold
$799
$800k
18 Jan 11
11 Lorong 28 Geylang #07-17
Freehold
$846
$820k
07 Jan 11
7 Lorong 28 Geylang #06-12
Freehold
$829
$830k
28 Dec 10

devilplate
01-03-11, 11:42
Best to seek Geylang Expert, OKT...if he got any views..

geyOKT says no 400psf no buy wor but ever since the prices keep rising till 8xxpsf....HAHA

land118
01-03-11, 11:45
Actually, if Government wants to move the RED/Bright lights out of Geylang, where can they move this to without stirring up the roar or projects of the other estates' resident and overall citizens...I believe it will be status quo for many years to come. Most people have accepted the notion of Geylang with controlled vice. Where else in Singapore can Government move them to? Build a new town for this ? Cannot right. Move them to other places, worst, suddenly will have so much debate and protest, best just to leave it. In every country sure have such activities..., whether how controlled only. Perhaps, in future, activities maybe less, but in my view Geylang will still be Geylang...also in other people's eyes?

DC33_2008
01-03-11, 11:50
It is not the vice alone but the people that are going there. You will know what I meant if you pay a visit there in the evening.

devilplate
01-03-11, 11:58
It is not the vice alone but the people that are going there. You will know what I meant if you pay a visit there in the evening.

last time my cheap jap made car park in geylang for 30mins aso tio scratch lor....

i go there for dining hor....not erection...hehe

see la...smtimes we aso feel shy when we say we go to geylang....LOL:o

land118
01-03-11, 12:10
It is not the vice alone but the people that are going there. You will know what I meant if you pay a visit there in the evening. Am sure, many would not want their wife or young daughters to go and walk alone in the evening..., even if we know that Singapore is very safe, no harm will come upon you, the uneasiness of the stares and maybe those wolf whistles will put any decent ladies' off...On weekend, many Foreign Talents are hunting esp on payday time..

DC33_2008
01-03-11, 12:13
I go for food at times. Example the beef kuay teow at the corner. Will go with wife but buy take away. May hit the stomp if found over there due to the sensitivity of my profession which was a hit in the recent news.
last time my cheap jap made car park in geylang for 30mins aso tio scratch lor....

i go there for dining hor....not erection...hehe

see la...smtimes we aso feel shy when we say we go to geylang....LOL:o

mcmlxxvi
01-03-11, 13:03
I go for food at times. Example the beef kuay teow at the corner. Will go with wife but buy take away. May hit the stomp if found over there due to the sensitivity of my profession which was a hit in the recent news.

You lawyer? MP? Minister?

mcmlxxvi
01-03-11, 13:04
Actually, if Government wants to move the RED/Bright lights out of Geylang, where can they move this to without stirring up the roar or projects of the other estates' resident and overall citizens...I believe it will be status quo for many years to come. Most people have accepted the notion of Geylang with controlled vice. Where else in Singapore can Government move them to? Build a new town for this ? Cannot right. Move them to other places, worst, suddenly will have so much debate and protest, best just to leave it. In every country sure have such activities..., whether how controlled only. Perhaps, in future, activities maybe less, but in my view Geylang will still be Geylang...also in other people's eyes?

I know where they can move it to - Serangoon Gdns. The last time worker dorm also moved there caused stirrings but in the end still go ahead...

ps16
01-03-11, 13:17
i assume ur family dunwan to stay in geylang rite....den wat makes u tink this project got further potential if u urself nvr consider tat location for self stay?

since u dun hf other ppty....u shd be buying a plc tat suits both investment cum self stay in case smthing happen and u nid to move out:2cents: :cheers6:

Hi, yes, definitely not for family stay base on current situation in Geylang. Because of Geylang's proximity to the town, I am kind of leaning towards the belief that one day, the government will move the red light district away from there. When that happen, the property will have huge upside gain. If it doesn't, I will still get my rental return.

Buying a place that fits both the investment and self stay criteria is also in my mine but the potential upside gain of geylang is what is enticing me.

land118
01-03-11, 13:34
I know where they can move it to - Serangoon Gdns. The last time worker dorm also moved there caused stirrings but in the end still go ahead... Aiya, if they move their, MP will lose his/her seat and Aljunied GRC will be in opposition hands. Last time, they screw up by proposing the Foreign qtrs already cost public funds $2mil to build the dedicated road from AMK Ave 1..

For these FT in Geylang to move, they need some where with Budget hotels, affordable accomodation, amenities like Clinics 7-11s, easy access to public transport and clientele..., Geylang quite near to RWS and MBS, have MRT nearby, take cab also easy ...via Nicol Highway...

ps16
01-03-11, 13:49
Some data for your info, think prices have creeped up to $800psf..., fairly new project, in-between Dakota and Aljunied MRT - .

Thanks.....

mcmlxxvi
01-03-11, 13:52
Aiya, if they move their, MP will lose his/her seat and Aljunied GRC will be in opposition hands. Last time, they screw up by proposing the Foreign qtrs already cost public funds $2mil to build the dedicated road from AMK Ave 1..

For these FT in Geylang to move, they need some where with Budget hotels, affordable accomodation, amenities like Clinics 7-11s, easy access to public transport and clientele..., Geylang quite near to RWS and MBS, have MRT nearby, take cab also easy ...via Nicol Highway...

BALESTIER!!!!!

mcmlxxvi
01-03-11, 13:53
Hi, yes, definitely not for family stay base on current situation in Geylang. Because of Geylang's proximity to the town, I am kind of leaning towards the belief that one day, the government will move the red light district away from there. When that happen, the property will have huge upside gain. If it doesn't, I will still get my rental return.

Buying a place that fits both the investment and self stay criteria is also in my mine but the potential upside gain of geylang is what is enticing me.

Looking at the rate of en-bloc and 'renewal' of bldgs in Geylang (just look at Lor 28 already 3 MM projects) I won't be surprised.

ps16
01-03-11, 13:58
My bet is definitely on that government will move the red light district away from Geylang.

Reasons
1. The area there is too prime to be use for red light district
2. The new sports hub is very near, very bad for Singapore's image when they start to host international events
3. If the government can plan to move the old(hospice) to JB, why not the vice? During my recent weekend trips to JB, I noticed that Singapore immigration has open up more lanes and the queue has reduced substantially. With also plans to build MRT across to JB, putting vice across to JB will be much easier.

Wild thoughts for thoughts.....:)

land118
01-03-11, 13:59
BALESTIER!!!!! Actually, there like Geylang, also have damn good food, even closer to RWS and MBS...:D :cheers6:

DC33_2008
01-03-11, 14:13
Close to as have to meet lots of people.
You lawyer? MP? Minister?

land118
01-03-11, 14:21
Close to as have to meet lots of people.:scared-4: :scared-3:

hopeful
01-03-11, 15:14
My bet is definitely on that government will move the red light district away from Geylang.

Reasons
2. The new sports hub is very near, very bad for Singapore's image when they start to host international events
3. If the government can plan to move the old(hospice) to JB, why not the vice? During my recent weekend trips to JB, I noticed that Singapore immigration has open up more lanes and the queue has reduced substantially. With also plans to build MRT across to JB, putting vice across to JB will be much easier.

Wild thoughts for thoughts.....:)

why bad for Singapore's image?
During sporting events, free condoms are often distributed to athletes.
If not mistaken, Youth Olympics athletes are also given free condoms.
Why not let Geylang OKT earn some extra money? :D

hopeful
01-03-11, 15:16

hmmm, what profession was in recent news?
Teachers/trainee teachers caught for xxx scandals?

devilplate
01-03-11, 15:17
in my opinion geylang is one of the best plc for vice activities liao lor....govt jus nid to contain it and make sure it dun get spread out of geylang into paya lebar or kallang or even dakota:scared-3:

with 2 IRs and sands so nearby.....chances of shifting the redlight to smwhr else is vy vy slim....dun even tink about it...:p

city fringe locations da best for such :D

Geylang OKT
01-03-11, 15:18
in my opinion geylang is one of the best plc for vice activities liao lor....govt jus nid to contain it and make sure it dun get spread out of geylang into paya lebar or kallang or even dakota:scared-3:

How cum you know my expansion plans har? :D

Geylang OKT
01-03-11, 15:19
why bad for Singapore's image?
During sporting events, free condoms are often distributed to athletes.
If not mistaken, Youth Olympics athletes are also given free condoms.
Why not let Geylang OKT earn some extra money? :D

Yes, please. :D

Singapore Sports Hub huat ahhhhh!!!! :D :D :D

land118
01-03-11, 15:21

Reasons

Wild thoughts for thoughts.....:) We get Msian workers commuting to Singapore on daily basis by car, motobikes, public tranport, but for vice workers to commute daily from JB, a bit of a mission...if they are Msian - maybe still possible, but for other Foreign Talent vice workers to do that, kinda of funny...Imagine after a late night of hard work, have to commute in MRT back to JB, squeezing with the early morning rush hour crowd who are going to office or schools.. :D :D

DC33_2008
01-03-11, 15:25
Not so low level. More professional than that.

Geylang OKT
01-03-11, 15:27
No $1000psf No Sell! :D

land118
01-03-11, 15:57
Close to as have to meet lots of people.Bro, if u MP/Minister - should be ok, go there do walkabout, do some ground work, if u are lawyer, still ok - expand your clientele ...unless u are prosecutor, always put Geylang residents in Changi "Free Accomodation", then sure - better for u NOT to go there..:D

land118
01-03-11, 20:19
Melosa MM, FH 28, 54 units of 1 & 2 brm, $4xx agent just sms for VVIP preview...Lor 28 geylang buzzing...:D

Geylang OKT
01-03-11, 21:33
Bro, if u MP/Minister - should be ok, go there do walkabout, do some ground work, if u are lawyer, still ok - expand your clientele ...unless u are prosecutor, always put Geylang residents in Changi "Free Accomodation", then sure - better for u NOT to go there..:D

We are waiting for the gahment prosecutor with open fists :rolleyes: :tongue3: :D

ps16
02-03-11, 15:16
Melosa MM, FH 28, 54 units of 1 & 2 brm, $4xx agent just sms for VVIP preview...Lor 28 geylang buzzing...:D

Thanks for info....

wenqing
05-03-11, 23:40

Another grassroots leader *** scandal :

2 abortions and cheating.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/3in1kopitiam/messages?msg=45101.1

The last grassroot leader photo women upskirts.

azeoprop
20-03-12, 01:01
ATRIUM RESIDENCES LORONG 28 GEYLANG Apartment 1 1,080,000 1,227 Strata 880 Feb-12
ATRIUM RESIDENCES LORONG 28 GEYLANG Apartment 1 950,000 1,023 Strata 929 Dec-11
ATRIUM RESIDENCES LORONG 28 GEYLANG Apartment 1 1,190,000 1,259 Strata 945 Nov-11

:scared-1: :scared-3: :eek:

Gay Wolf
01-10-13, 22:28
ATRIUM RESIDENCES LORONG 28 GEYLANG Apartment 1 1,080,000 1,227 Strata 880 Feb-12
ATRIUM RESIDENCES LORONG 28 GEYLANG Apartment 1 950,000 1,023 Strata 929 Dec-11
ATRIUM RESIDENCES LORONG 28 GEYLANG Apartment 1 1,190,000 1,259 Strata 945 Nov-11

:scared-1: :scared-3: :eek:

Why so scared? Still relatively inexpensive.

Gay Wolf
01-10-13, 22:52
geyOKT says no 400psf no buy wor but ever since the prices keep rising till 8xxpsf....HAHA

Now around $1,000 lor.

babyt
24-11-13, 21:07

i was looking back at this thread...reading the frivolous comments made by some ppl.....its less than 20 yrs but the price has shot up for Atrium... :cheers1:

zeamybro
24-11-13, 21:32
Everywhere has shot up... Waterbank has shot up close to 1900psf already.

doufei
25-11-13, 14:04
I have visited Atrium before. Personally, I feel this is one of the best freehold boutique property in Geylang. The swimming pool is consider big, not those narrow and/or short type found in most boutique developments. The gym is also reasonable size and equipped. The units layout are good with spacious rooms.

Gay Wolf
25-11-13, 19:00
I have visited Atrium before. Personally, I feel this is one of the best freehold boutique property in Geylang. The swimming pool is consider big, not those narrow and/or short type found in most boutique developments. The gym is also reasonable size and equipped. The units layout are good with spacious rooms.

Yes, Atrium is a nice place to stay in.