PDA

View Full Version : The Minton (D19, 99 years leasehold, Kheng Leong)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15

fclim
18-03-12, 22:53
Update 18th March 2012. :)

Thanks azeoprop for the pics. Ur blk coming up nicely. :)

curio
18-03-12, 23:35
Judging from its current progress, when do u think it would TOP? 3rd quarter
Next year possible?

price
18-03-12, 23:44
Judging from its current progress, when do u think it would TOP? 3rd quarter
Next year possible?

Probably early 2014

chrisop
19-03-12, 08:40
The internal fittings for the 1145 units will take quite a bit of time to complete. Guess earliest is probably 4th quarter 2013.

silverswirl
19-03-12, 10:26

thanks for the pics azeoprop! they really are making quick progress. let's hope for early TOP. :)

devilplate
19-03-12, 10:27
The internal fittings for the 1145 units will take quite a bit of time to complete. Guess earliest is probably 4th quarter 2013.
u prolly right....i tink realistically 1H 2014 TOP

price
19-03-12, 10:57
Yep, it'll be a miracle for them to TOP next year. Earliest maybe Dec 2013 or Q1 2014

reddyones
19-03-12, 10:58
hi,

when u guys buy minton, do u get a floorplan layout of exactly where are the electrical points?

cheers

ysyap
19-03-12, 12:08
hi,

when u guys buy minton, do u get a floorplan layout of exactly where are the electrical points?

cheersDon't think so. Why?

reddyones
19-03-12, 12:24
Don't think so. Why?

For early planning :ashamed1:

fclim
19-03-12, 12:51
hi,

cheers

Nope. Only a schedule, listing the types of points and quantity.

reddyones
19-03-12, 13:22
Nope. Only a schedule, listing the types of points and quantity.

Ic thanks.

new2mondrian
19-03-12, 18:43

Thanks azeoprop! At last!!! I am keeping fingers crossed for TOP in 2012. :cheers1:

kane
19-03-12, 20:56
Thanks azeoprop! At last!!! I am keeping fingers crossed for TOP in 2012. :cheers1:

That's a really long shot.

price
19-03-12, 21:01
That's a really long shot.
haha agreed, really doubt it will be ready tat soon. Unless they pass it over to WCL/FG

kane
19-03-12, 21:16
haha agreed, really doubt it will be ready tat soon. Unless they pass it over to WCL/FG

The clubhouse haven't even build yet.

ysyap
19-03-12, 21:55
Thanks azeoprop! At last!!! I am keeping fingers crossed for TOP in 2012. :cheers1:You have to cross more...

kane
19-03-12, 22:00
Cross until cramp also won't happen.

chrisop
19-03-12, 22:23
The clubhouse haven't even build yet.

Building of the clubhouse should be quite easy and fast. The building that will take some time is the badminton dome cos of its shape.

price
19-03-12, 22:24
Cross until cramp also won't happen.

I know of this family renting till Minton TOP. Guess they gotta pay another 1-2years worth of rent then.

ysyap
19-03-12, 22:31
I know of this family renting till Minton TOP. Guess they gotta pay another 1-2years worth of rent then.If developers speed up and allow early TOP, think most owners will welcome it. It is when they take own sweet time and stretch TOP date to the max that irritates owners. That family probably would welcome early TOP so they can save more on rental and enjoy the many facilities... :cheers1:

price
19-03-12, 22:39
If developers speed up and allow early TOP, think most owners will welcome it. It is when they take own sweet time and stretch TOP date to the max that irritates owners. That family probably would welcome early TOP so they can save more on rental and enjoy the many facilities... :cheers1:

Yeah, actually its a win-win situation right? developers get their $ earlier too?

kane
20-03-12, 08:29
If developers speed up and allow early TOP, think most owners will welcome it. It is when they take own sweet time and stretch TOP date to the max that irritates owners. That family probably would welcome early TOP so they can save more on rental and enjoy the many facilities... :cheers1:

Say 3k per month. Out of pocket will be 72k if TOP in 2 years time from now.

price
20-03-12, 09:19
Say 3k per month. Out of pocket will be 72k if TOP in 2 years time from now.

opportunity cost very high for every month of late TOP. When is Minton's Expected TOP date on paper?

fclim
20-03-12, 09:57
opportunity cost very high for every month of late TOP. When is Minton's Expected TOP date on paper?

mid 2015. So max another $36K exposure if need to extend one more year. Unlikely to happen since progress has been good and both Kheng Leong and Low Keng Huat are vested in this project.

lufu
20-03-12, 20:06
99 Years Leasehold with effect from 4 April 2007.
at TOP e.g. Apr 2014, already lost 7 years lease on a total of 99 years?

azeoprop
20-03-12, 20:30
99 Years Leasehold with effect from 4 April 2007.
at TOP e.g. Apr 2014, already lost 7 years lease on a total of 99 years?

That's why their construction is highly accelerated. You can see the difference vs waterfront gold which was launched around the same time in 2010. Most probably expected top is 3rd quarter 2013 according to most agents.

kane
20-03-12, 22:15
Thy look like they are already preparing the platform for the 2 main pools.

Ricade
22-03-12, 01:06
Hi guys,

I am also a Minton owner and have been separately tracking the construction progress individually. From what I see, the construction is going at a good pace. If you look closely at the interior part of the high rise blocks, u can see that electrical wiring, water pipes, toilet tiles, toilet flushing system, water heaters are already installed for most units. On top of that, the interior unit walls seems to be already plastered up and smoothly flushed at the corners.

Remaining work to be done is just floor tiling, kitchenware/toilet fittings, bedroom wardrobe fittings, painting and voila, ur unit is completed. All done at incredible speed!!

My initial estimate for Minton TOP is end 2013 or mid 2014 (based on the speed they complete the superstructure). But with the recent developments, I suspect completion could be much earlier. I visited the Minton showflat recently to compare the cOnstruction progress against the building models, and the agents serving me actually shared 'discretely' that developer has given their word for a target of TOP - September 2013.

Personally I am quite happy with the news but just slightly concerned of the build quality (due to main con being a Chinese company), and also I happened to see that the bedroom wall panels in the 2BR unit facing landed houses seem to be made from light partition material and not a proper brick/rc wall.
But given that CDL's more celebrated project - The Arte @ Thompson also uses partition walls for their Bedrooms, perhaps this is how the industry seems to be moving going forward? Let's jus hope that this does not lower the quality of the finishing when Minton TOP.

Btw as seen from azeoprop's photo number 1, the construction in between the 2 towers are actually floor/ceiling panels for the basement carparks (2levels). The swimming pool construction hasn't started yet I believe.

ysyap
22-03-12, 05:07
Don't worry too much about the main con. If they want to establish themselves in our competitive market, then they better do a good job. :o

azeoprop
22-03-12, 06:27
Yah many projects use dry walls nowadays. Those thin walls u saw in your floor plan are dry walls.

hyenergix
22-03-12, 06:44
So the developers' costs are much lower than expected. Promoted by BCA as sustainable construction...

http://www.bca.gov.sg/SustainableConstruction/others/dry_wall_flyer.pdf

fclim
22-03-12, 08:41
Hi guys,

I am also a Minton owner and have been separately tracking the construction progress individually. From what I see, the construction is going at a good pace. If you look closely at the interior part of the high rise blocks, u can see that electrical wiring, water pipes, toilet tiles, toilet flushing system, water heaters are already installed for most units. On top of that, the interior unit walls seems to be already plastered up and smoothly flushed at the corners.

Remaining work to be done is just floor tiling, kitchenware/toilet fittings, bedroom wardrobe fittings, painting and voila, ur unit is completed. All done at incredible speed!!

My initial estimate for Minton TOP is end 2013 or mid 2014 (based on the speed they complete the superstructure). But with the recent developments, I suspect completion could be much earlier. I visited the Minton showflat recently to compare the cOnstruction progress against the building models, and the agents serving me actually shared 'discretely' that developer has given their word for a target of TOP - September 2013.

Personally I am quite happy with the news but just slightly concerned of the build quality (due to main con being a Chinese company), and also I happened to see that the bedroom wall panels in the 2BR unit facing landed houses seem to be made from light partition material and not a proper brick/rc wall.
But given that CDL's more celebrated project - The Arte @ Thompson also uses partition walls for their Bedrooms, perhaps this is how the industry seems to be moving going forward? Let's jus hope that this does not lower the quality of the finishing when Minton TOP.

Btw as seen from azeoprop's photo number 1, the construction in between the 2 towers are actually floor/ceiling panels for the basement carparks (2levels). The swimming pool construction hasn't started yet I believe.

I wouldn't expect top notch quality for a project of this size and speed of construction. I will probably spend a few hundred dollars for a professional house inspection company to do a thorough inspection at TOP plus visual inspection on my own. Some use advanced inspection equipment such as thermal imaging to spot hidden defects, especially in pipes. I have not engaged one before, but I would think it is definitely better than just my own self inspection using naked eye alone.

fclim
23-03-12, 10:27
The success of Tai Keng Court's collective sale ($161M, 25% more than asking price) and the popularity of mixed-use development might re-ignite the collective sale of Upper Serangoon Shopping Centre, also a FH mixed used development.

If so, will it compete with minton or complement/enhance it?:beats-me-man:

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1083856/1/.html

ysyap
23-03-12, 10:28
The success of Tai Keng Court's collective sale ($161M, 25% more than asking price) and the popularity of mixed-use development might re-ignite the collective sale of Upper Serangoon Shopping Centre, also a FH mixed used development.

If so, will it compete with minton or complement/enhance it?:beats-me-man:

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1083856/1/.htmlV subjective... dependent on how that Shopping Centre will turn out to be...

price
23-03-12, 10:33
I dont think it will be that great of a shopping centre leh? I suspect will be how East Village is. Maybe a super market to draw the 1145 units from Minton?

Dont need to walk to Nex liao! Next stop North East Village! :D

But isnt Suites @ PL, UR, The Vue nearer?

fclim
23-03-12, 10:47
I dont think it will be that great of a shopping centre leh? I suspect will be how East Village is. Maybe a super market to draw the 1145 units from Minton?

Dont need to walk to Nex liao! Next stop North East Village! :D

But isnt Suites @ PL, UR, The Vue nearer?

All benefit together. haha..

With the clampdown on the misuse of industrial buildings for office space and tuition centres, this development might be suited to offer their space for such use.

Supermarket as Anchor tenant will be good.. Prime, Shop & Save (they lost their space at Space@Kovan - no pun intended). Tuition centres, general offices, restaurants, ballet/dance classrooms. A Bowling centre perhaps? Family oriented..

ysyap
23-03-12, 10:53

With the clampdown on the misuse of industrial buildings for office space and tuition centres, this development might be suited to offer their space for such use.

Supermarket as Anchor tenant will be good.. Prime, Shop & Save (they lost their space at Space@Kovan - no pun intended). Tuition centres, general offices, restaurants, ballet/dance classrooms. A Bowling centre perhaps? Family oriented..Plus cineplexes... lol!

price
23-03-12, 11:07
Plus cineplexes... lol!

lol then Nex Shaw how?

silverswirl
23-03-12, 11:07

Supermarket as Anchor tenant will be good.. Prime, Shop & Save (they lost their space at Space@Kovan - no pun intended). Tuition centres, general offices, restaurants, ballet/dance classrooms. A Bowling centre perhaps? Family oriented..

there is a prime supermarket near the minton within walking distance, next to a coffee shop. :) but the more amenities nearby the better.

ysyap
23-03-12, 11:13
lol then Nex Shaw how?Can survive one... do u realise down the NEL all the way to Punggol, there are no other cineplexes... Then in the vicinity only got J8, Balestier and AMK Hub. Even the Toa Payoh EW also gone liao... we need more cinemas around... :cool:

azeoprop
23-03-12, 11:18
Maybe one that specialize in bollywood movies haa haa.... :D

fclim
23-03-12, 11:21
there is a prime supermarket near the minton within walking distance, next to a coffee shop. :) but the more amenities nearby the better.

Yes. Doing brisk business. They will be keen to take up the space if available.

price
23-03-12, 11:23
Can survive one... do u realise down the NEL all the way to Punggol, there are no other cineplexes... Then in the vicinity only got J8, Balestier and AMK Hub. Even the Toa Payoh EW also gone liao... we need more cinemas around... :cool:

2015 got Waterway ma :D Shaw too

fclim
23-03-12, 11:24
Can survive one... do u realise down the NEL all the way to Punggol, there are no other cineplexes... Then in the vicinity only got J8, Balestier and AMK Hub. Even the Toa Payoh EW also gone liao... we need more cinemas around... :cool:

CitySq mall realised it and now converting their space for a cineplex, ready in 2013.

price
23-03-12, 11:32
CitySq mall realised it and now converting their space for a cineplex, ready in 2013.

Are you serious? didnt hear about this. Which company running it? Basement levels?

ysyap
23-03-12, 11:35
Are you serious? didnt hear about this. Which company running it? Basement levels?Cineplex in basement will be a first in Singapore or am I mistaken? :)

ysyap
23-03-12, 11:36
2015 got Waterway ma :D Shaw too3 more years lor... :cool:... hahaha... the hougang plaza cinema tear down many years back along with the bowling alleys... so wasted..

price
23-03-12, 11:36
Cineplex in basement will be a first in Singapore or am I mistaken? :)

Err Waterway megaciniplex is all basement. If i remember Watertown plans correctly. Anyway will be built soon, 3 years :D

price
23-03-12, 11:38
3 more years lor... :cool:... hahaha... the hougang plaza cinema tear down many years back along with the bowling alleys... so wasted..

Actually Singapore got many of such Theaters / Cineplex sites right?

Bedok, Marine Parade, Kallang Bahru etc.

Look at Millage! Gonna turn into a mixed development which is completely sold out already! Missed the boat again :banghead: :banghead:

ysyap
23-03-12, 11:39
Err Waterway megaciniplex is all basement. If i remember Watertown plans correctly. Anyway will be built soon, 3 years :DDon't know... so they'll be the first lor... :)

price
23-03-12, 11:46
Don't know... so they'll be the first lor... :)

Now u know why Watertown got no bomb shelters?

Can hide in Shaw in times of need. D:

ysyap
23-03-12, 11:50
Now u know why Watertown got no bomb shelters?

Can hide in Shaw in times of need. D:Plus the underground MRT tracks... no more need for bombshelters... Lol...

fclim
23-03-12, 12:07
Are you serious? didnt hear about this. Which company running it? Basement levels?

GV. Upper floors.

http://www.citysquaremall.com.sg/displays/uploaded/cms-specialcontent/Golden-Village-will-open-11th-Cinema-at-City-Square-Mall.pdf

price
23-03-12, 13:15
GV. Upper floors.

http://www.citysquaremall.com.sg/displays/uploaded/cms-specialcontent/Golden-Village-will-open-11th-Cinema-at-City-Square-Mall.pdf

Wow nice! another destination near my place :D

aheng
25-03-12, 20:25
Hi all i am a new Minton owner. Like this forum alot. Hope to know more from you all about The Minton

Hi guys,

fclim
25-03-12, 23:52
Hi all i am a new Minton owner. Like this forum alot. Hope to know more from you all about The Minton

Congrats. Haha read from page 1 to page 206 of this thread. But, dun get discouraged after reading hor.. Hehe.

kane
25-03-12, 23:54
Congrats. Haha read from page 1 to page 206 of this thread. But, dun get discouraged after reading hor.. Hehe.

just follow azeoprop's progress report.

lufu
26-03-12, 07:51
this massive project seem popular. All 4 bedders and 3 bedders completely sold out.

curio
26-03-12, 08:24
this massive project seem popular. All 4 bedders and 3 bedders completely sold out.

Think the size of these 3 and 4 bedders offer very reasonable size in today's context! That's y it's a sell out

fclim
26-03-12, 08:26

Not really. It took them almost two years to sell these out. I suspect the following helped pushed sales a bit recently. It has got to do with comparing with those recent launches.

1. Larger sized units compared to a lot of small small 3 and 4 bedders you get these days.
2. Excellent range of facilities.
3. 50m spacing between blocks is extremely generous by today's standards.
4. $800 to $900 psf is very attractive.

It is not very near MRT, but not that far either. 1 - 2 bus stops. Middle of nowhere SR going for more den $1,000 psf. So, this project becomes very attractive in comparison.

kane
26-03-12, 08:40
Not really. It took them almost two years to sell these out. I suspect the following helped pushed sales a bit recently. It has got to do with comparing with those recent launches.

1. Larger sized units compared to a lot of small small 3 and 4 bedders you get these days.
2. Excellent range of facilities.
3. 50m spacing between blocks is extremely generous by today's standards.
4. $800 to $900 psf is very attractive.

It is not very near MRT, but not that far either. 1 - 2 bus stops. Middle of nowhere SR going for more den $1,000 psf. So, this project becomes very attractive in comparison.

When it was firat launched $800+ psf was on the high side. But soon, the other projects caught up and this one started looking a little more attractive.

price
26-03-12, 08:49

Yep, these days 13xx sqft are for 4 bedders but here there're 1324 sqft 3 bedders

chrisop
26-03-12, 08:52

Congrats aheng for being a Minton owner. I'm sure you will be like the rest of us here, anticipating the TOP of Minton.:)

This forum is indeed informative, and thanks to Azeoprop for being our resident photographer, we are able to have up-to-date progress of the construction over the years.

kane
26-03-12, 09:02

So how many bedder did you buy?

price
26-03-12, 09:09
I hope you didnt get the 2+study!

azeoprop
26-03-12, 09:55
I hope you didnt get the 2+study!

The north landed facing and south city view 2+ study quite good mah, fully unblocked views. :D

kane
26-03-12, 09:57
The north landed facing and south city view 2+ study quite good mah, fully unblocked views. :D

North facing will be unblocked. But south facing, not certain if they will develop more things south of it.

price
26-03-12, 10:06
yea if u talk about views its ok. but the + study is a waste of space. :doh:

kane
26-03-12, 10:07
yea if u talk about views its ok. but the + study is a waste of space. :doh:

When you have children, the study will come in handy.

ysyap
26-03-12, 10:14
yea if u talk about views its ok. but the + study is a waste of space. :doh:Depends on how you utilize the spaces lor... the 4 bedder can be converted to a 5 bedder actually... :D same for the 3+S (or is it the 3 bedder) to be converted... ;). Had this discussion last year leh...

price
26-03-12, 10:54
When you have children, the study will come in handy.

Half of the study is a huge baywindow. cant even squeeze a maid's room/bed in.

azeoprop
26-03-12, 13:00
Half of the study is a huge baywindow. cant even squeeze a maid's room/bed in.
huh? There is no bay window in the study room. You can check my photos.

kane
26-03-12, 13:29
huh? There is no bay window in the study room. You can check my photos.

Yah, can google the floor plans. No bay window in the study. Must have remembered the wrong project.

price
26-03-12, 13:34

oh that long empty space aint a bay window!? my bad! sorry :cheers4:

kane
26-03-12, 15:38

oh that long empty space aint a bay window!? my bad! sorry :cheers4:

We are all hear to learn from each other. Sometimes i also get the east west orientation wrong.

price
26-03-12, 15:43
We are all hear to learn from each other. Sometimes i also get the east west orientation wrong.

Haha, but correct me if im wrong, the other rooms the extra white space those are bay windows ya? So the study room developer is trying to illustrate a long study table?

kane
26-03-12, 15:46
Haha, but correct me if im wrong, the other rooms the extra white space those are bay windows ya? So the study room developer is trying to illustrate a long study table?

Yes those are bay windows and that's a relatively long study table.

price
26-03-12, 15:49
Yes those are bay windows and that's a relatively long study table.

Okay, so it should be able to fit a single bed right? in the study room :D

azeoprop
26-03-12, 16:02
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=9308&page=186

The last 2 photos show the actual study room with the dry walls in progress.

:D

price
26-03-12, 16:17
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=9308&page=186

The last 2 photos show the actual study room with the dry walls in progress.

:D

Gee thanks! looks pretty small for a bed!

chrisop
26-03-12, 19:45
Gee thanks! looks pretty small for a bed!

It's not meant to be a bedroom. That's why it's 2+study and not 3.

edwinleeap
26-03-12, 19:49

It is definitely big enough for two persons to do work on the long desk.

lufu
26-03-12, 20:12
Think the size of these 3 and 4 bedders offer very reasonable size in today's context! That's y it's a sell out

true. that's why I suggested to a friend looking for D19 to look at The Minton but he said with over 1100 units, it feels like living in a fenced up HDB.

:simmering:

guess different people has different perspective. for me it's a reasonable buy in today's price

azeoprop
26-03-12, 20:21
I think the facade of Minton should look better than most other mass market condos. At least the front barrier of the balcony is glass and not metal grills like others.

:p

chrisop
26-03-12, 20:25
It is definitely big enough for two persons to do work on the long desk.
Ya definitely enough space for table for 2 and overhead shelves. :)

price
26-03-12, 20:53

Yep agreed. But many bought into this thinking of using it as another single bedder

kane
26-03-12, 21:40
Yep agreed. But many bought into this thinking of using it as another single bedder

did they? or you imagining? Anyone who's been to the showroom would have known what to expect out from the study.

kane
26-03-12, 21:42
Ya definitely enough space for table for 2 and overhead shelves. :)

if you want more space, take down the partition wall and have the tables parked against the adjacent bedroom wall.

fclim
27-03-12, 08:24
true. that's why I suggested to a friend looking for D19 to look at The Minton but he said with over 1100 units, it feels like living in a fenced up HDB.

:simmering:

guess different people has different perspective. for me it's a reasonable buy in today's price

It's all rather relative really. 500K sqft land shared by 1145 units equals 437 sqft per unit. Comparing say, Kovan Res., 189,811 sqft land with 521 units equals 364 sqft space per unit. So, in that sense, minton has more space. I am quite confident that when TOP, minton would not feel that cramped. The spacing between blocks is generous, so even when sitting in your living room or bedroom, you can still see the sky outside. It will be bright and airy.

At least, you are mingling with residents. In those mixed used development, you are actually sharing your surrounding space with the public and all kinds of characters.

kane
27-03-12, 08:37
After a while, the novelty of the facility dies off. Some down even don't use their pool once a month.

price
27-03-12, 09:08
did they? or you imagining? Anyone who's been to the showroom would have known what to expect out from the study.

Nah, not imagining but i know of this family who's gonna move 5 adults into a 2+1 @ minton. She said agents told her many others bought this like a 3 bedder :beats-me-man:

don't need to be defensive against me. just sharing . :cheers4:

price
27-03-12, 09:12
It's all rather relative really. 500K sqft land shared by 1145 units equals 437 sqft per unit. Comparing say, Kovan Res., 189,811 sqft land with 521 units equals 364 sqft space per unit. So, in that sense, minton has more space. I am quite confident that when TOP, minton would not feel that cramped. The spacing between blocks is generous, so even when sitting in your living room or bedroom, you can still see the sky outside. It will be bright and airy.

At least, you are mingling with residents. In those mixed used development, you are actually sharing your surrounding space with the public and all kinds of characters.

I guess integrated developments are not for u then. Many Sgeans loves them though. so at least on the bright side, u save lots of $ buying something further from the mrt :cheers5:

new2mondrian
27-03-12, 15:19
Nah, not imagining but i know of this family who's gonna move 5 adults into a 2+1 @ minton. She said agents told her many others bought this like a 3 bedder :beats-me-man:

don't need to be defensive against me. just sharing . :cheers4:

Wow family of 5 adults in a 2+1 bedder!

But from another perspective, where in the market these days, can one find a brand new condo in D19, at 10XXsqft to 12xxsqft for $8xxK to $9xxK (developer price for the 2+1 bedders) with all sorts of facilities such as heated pool, tennis courts, a library etc? Very often, I think people ought to take a fairer perspective. The layout of the 2+1 bedder is available for display at the showflat. The size of the study was apparent to all. So if a family of 5 pays $8xxK and bought into this, I could only say that they bought it with their eyes open. :) Actually to think of it, given a 4-room HDB flat can go for $6xxK these days, paying $8xxK for a 4-room HDB equivalent is quite a steal for a condo (non-EC nor DBSS). My two cents.

But having said that, going for a HDB makes the most sense if one needs the space. $8xxK can probably get a 5-room or even an EA in a mature estate.

land118
27-03-12, 15:26

don't need to be defensive against me. just sharing . :cheers4:perhaps, if the adults are home early, they will spend more time away from their unit, enjoying the facilities (gym, pool, recreational room, etc), and when it's time to sleep, just go back home and rest...; living pattern may change?

price
27-03-12, 15:31
Wow family of 5 adults in a 2+1 bedder!

But from another perspective, where in the market these days, can one find a brand new condo in D19, at 10XXsqft to 12xxsqft for $8xxK to $9xxK (developer price for the 2+1 bedders) with all sorts of facilities such as heated pool, tennis courts, a library etc? Very often, I think people ought to take a fairer perspective. The layout of the 2+1 bedder is available for display at the showflat. The size of the study was apparent to all. So if a family of 5 pays $8xxK and bought into this, I could only say that they bought it with their eyes open. :) Actually to think of it, given a 4-room HDB flat can go for $6xxK these days, paying $8xxK for a 4-room HDB equivalent is quite a steal for a condo (non-EC nor DBSS). My two cents.

But having said that, going for a HDB makes the most sense if one needs the space. $8xxK can probably get a 5-room or even an EA in a mature estate.

Yep, good points.

However i dont suppose the 4 bedrooom HDB is as small as a 2+1 here? im not sure just guessing

price
27-03-12, 15:32
perhaps, if the adults are home early, they will spend more time away from their unit, enjoying the facilities (gym, pool, recreational room, etc), and when it's time to sleep, just go back home and rest...; living pattern may change?

Yea, good if u use the spa daily! maximise ur maintenance fees

new2mondrian
27-03-12, 17:36
Yep, good points.

However i dont suppose the 4 bedrooom HDB is as small as a 2+1 here? im not sure just guessing
4 room HDB flats range from 85-90sqm, even smaller than minton's SMALLEST 2+1 bedder size; though comparable if you deduct the planter space.

Guess it is up to the individual. HDB four room is not an apple to apple comparison with a private condo. If wanna compare, should compare against similar condos in D19 right?

devilplate
27-03-12, 18:56
4 room HDB flats range from 85-90sqm, even smaller than minton's SMALLEST 2+1 bedder size; though comparable if you deduct the planter space.

Guess it is up to the individual. HDB four room is not an apple to apple comparison with a private condo. If wanna compare, should compare against similar condos in D19 right?
sis....on paper 9xxsqft like so spacious but y the 2nd bedroom so puny? where the space goes to ar?

devilplate
27-03-12, 18:58

buy parc vera better....6xxk 2bdr.....smaller 7xxsqft on paper but 2nd bedrm bigger....more efficient layout :D

kane
27-03-12, 19:14
Some of the space goes to balcony and bay window for sure. It's probably not as efficient as Luxurie but at least it doesn't carry a astronomical price tag.

And good luck to that family of 5 trying to sqeeze into a 2+S. That's just trying too hard.

new2mondrian
27-03-12, 20:59
sis....on paper 9xxsqft like so spacious but y the 2nd bedroom so puny? where the space goes to ar?

Haha I dunno! Anyway the 980sqft ones are the 2 bedders. 2+study starts from 1087sqft. All are selling at 8xxpsf even now.

Aiyah the days of big big units were gone. I miss those days where the condos bedrooms all can put king sized beds, plus a huge writing desk, plus a small sofa or couch. I compare Minton to my two other properties ard Pasir panjang, the bedroom size like kena halved. :( but when I compare Minton to other condos launched these days, the bedroom size is not too bad, haha... So well. Depends on what your point of reference is.

price
28-03-12, 23:30
buy parc vera better....6xxk 2bdr.....smaller 7xxsqft on paper but 2nd bedrm bigger....more efficient layout :D
still got 6xxk units meh? last i check all mid 7xxk leh

price
28-03-12, 23:31
Some of the space goes to balcony and bay window for sure. It's probably not as efficient as Luxurie but at least it doesn't carry a astronomical price tag.

And good luck to that family of 5 trying to sqeeze into a 2+S. That's just trying too hard.

HDB 4 room also got balcony right? or only EAs?

Anyway yea, good luck to a family of 5 -.- omg so cramp.

Just like how in KG a family squeeze into 5xxsqft 2 bedder :doh:

price
28-03-12, 23:32
Anyone follows the BTO launches? are the recent Jan or even today's 4k+ new BTO units getting smaller and smaller too?

kane
29-03-12, 00:10
Anyone follows the BTO launches? are the recent Jan or even today's 4k+ new BTO units getting smaller and smaller too?

What's the size of the BTO. I heard the clementi are about 600+k for a 5rm.

azeoprop
29-03-12, 00:24
The closest new launch bto to Minton is Macpherson Residency. It is beside Le Crescendo condo, very near Macpherson MRT. The 4 room standard flat there is 93sqm and cost $417-$479k.

price
29-03-12, 00:40
The closest new launch bto to Minton is Macpherson Residency. It is beside Le Crescendo condo, very near Macpherson MRT. The 4 room standard flat there is 93sqm and cost $417-$479k.
Yea, this is my fav pick since they announced it in Jan! Too bad im single :(

price
29-03-12, 00:41
What's the size of the BTO. I heard the clementi are about 600+k for a 5rm.
not sure bout the sizes leh not eligible so didnt research much. What's the normal size and wats too small?

kane
29-03-12, 07:32

Is that in front of le crescendo that empty grass patch?

fclim
29-03-12, 08:19
still got 6xxk units meh? last i check all mid 7xxk leh

Minton got better range of facilities. Also, it is nearer to Serangoon MRT which is an interchange.

kane
29-03-12, 08:23
What's the website of that lelong lelong agent? The ugly website that spells out the balance? Any 3 beds left?

fclim
29-03-12, 08:24
What's the website of that lelong lelong agent? The ugly website that spells out the balance? Any 3 beds left?

http://www.the-minton.net/:)

kane
29-03-12, 08:27
Haha ok. That's the one. So all 3 bedder sold.

price
29-03-12, 10:03
Minton got better range of facilities. Also, it is nearer to Serangoon MRT which is an interchange.
Yea agreed, since both are more suited for own stay, i will pick minton as well. Nicer environment. Hougang flats around Parc Vera are all worn and old.

fan
29-03-12, 11:07
Yea agreed, since both are more suited for own stay, i will pick minton as well. Nicer environment. Hougang flats around Parc Vera are all worn and old.
Minton having landed around (front&back) the development really have a better feel.
I wonder if the canal opp PV will b done up nicely?

price
29-03-12, 11:12
Minton having landed around (front&back) the development really have a better feel.
I wonder if the canal opp PV will b done up nicely?

Maybe when the ruling party takes over in 5 years time? :D :cheers5:

price
29-03-12, 11:17
Maybe when the ruling party takes over in 5 years time? :D :cheers5:

Or rather, maybe if the by-election result is surprising? :D :cheers5:

Ricade
29-03-12, 14:57
has any of the residents for minton ever wondered whether Hougang street 11 is a wide enough road to accommodate the 1000+ residents of Minton during peak hour traffic?

I just thought about it and wondering whether anyone has similar concerns..
heard about the bad traffic jam right outside a clementi condo called The Parc, not sure if we will face similar situation in future :(

fclim
29-03-12, 15:17
has any of the residents for minton ever wondered whether Hougang street 11 is a wide enough road to accommodate the 1000+ residents of Minton during peak hour traffic?

heard about the bad traffic jam right outside a clementi condo called The Parc, not sure if we will face similar situation in future :(

It has been widened already with a slip road to turn left at the junction, but perhaps can widen further after minton is completed. As long as they adjust the traffic light timing at the Lor Ah Soo/Hougang St 11 junction should be okay.

The Parc got problem cos no traffic light at the junction and well, nobody wants to give way during peak hours at the West Coast Park/West Coast Rd junction.

price
29-03-12, 15:18

Maybe the road widening will ease traffic?

lufu
29-03-12, 15:56

The Minton is value for money in today's term but I'm concern there are 2 hourly rate hotels just beside it and KTVs in the Upper Serangoon Shopping Center beside the condo. That's why Upper Serangoon Shopping was never shown in the sales brochure?

http://news.asiaone.com/print/News/The%2BNew%2BPaper/Story/A1Story20100412-209871.html

This may not really be a concern for most I guess.. Probably hoping for the shopping Center to be torn down quickly.

Is the Upper Serangoon Shopping Centre sitting on freehold land? If it is then it may take a while to change

lufu
29-03-12, 19:17
The Minton is value for money in today's term but I'm concern there are 2 hourly rate hotels just beside it and KTVs in the Upper Serangoon Shopping Center beside the condo. That's why Upper Serangoon Shopping was never shown in the sales brochure?

http://news.asiaone.com/print/News/The%2BNew%2BPaper/Story/A1Story20100412-209871.html

This may not really be a concern for most I guess.. Probably hoping for the shopping Center to be torn down quickly.

Is the Upper Serangoon Shopping Centre sitting on freehold land? If it is then it may take a while to change

btw, it's Hotel 81 and Fragrance Hotel and a couple of KTVs, massage parlour in the very run down Upper Serangoon Shopping Centre and I just found out Upper Serangoon Shopping Centre is sitting on a Freehold Land.

:doh:

Since The Minton is such a big development, probably choosing the side furthest away from the seedy area would be fine :)

IMO, Govt shouldn't have granted hotel license to Hotel 81 and Fragrance hotel to operate in Kovan. :tsk-tsk:

not to mention they charge on hourly basis and which genuine tourist would stay there?

ysyap
29-03-12, 19:38
btw, it's Hotel 81 and Fragrance Hotel and a couple of KTVs, massage parlour in the very run down Upper Serangoon Shopping Centre and I just found out Upper Serangoon Shopping Centre is sitting on a Freehold Land.

Since The Minton is such a big development, probably choosing the side furthest away from the seedy area would be fine :)

IMO, Govt shouldn't have granted hotel license to Hotel 81 and Fragrance hotel to operate in Kovan. :tsk-tsk:

not to mention they charge on hourly basis and which genuine tourist would stay there?Budget backpackers will stay there... :cheers6:

hyenergix
29-03-12, 21:13

not to mention they charge on hourly basis and which genuine tourist would stay there?

Part of the amenities.

Ricade
29-03-12, 21:50
There is going to be an interesting residential cum commercial building to be builtnear Minton. The location is going to be right behind the development, along the row of private houses. It's along jalan pelikat. The development is called the promenade@pelikat. I'm hoping it turns out to be a nice chill out place too in the likes of Village@serangoon gardens. Then the Minton residents can just take the backdoor exit, walk along the park connector - and voila - reach the nice chill out development. Haha!

Good stuff guys :)

Ricade
29-03-12, 21:53
So just in case any of the forummers are also aware of this promenade@pelikat project, can let me know your tots on it?

lufu
29-03-12, 22:12
Part of the amenities.

:tsk-tsk: a joke which people who bought The Minton won't appreciate. :)

probably the best thing to do is petition for Govt to stop renewing the hotel licenses or prevent them from offering hourly rate hotel. Easily gather a thousand signatures for the petition

kane
29-03-12, 22:30
There is going to be an interesting residential cum commercial building to be builtnear Minton. The location is going to be right behind the development, along the row of private houses. It's along jalan pelikat. The development is called the promenade@pelikat. I'm hoping it turns out to be a nice chill out place too in the likes of Village@serangoon gardens. Then the Minton residents can just take the backdoor exit, walk along the park connector - and voila - reach the nice chill out development. Haha!

Good stuff guys :)

Do they have a back gate access to that estate?

Ricade
29-03-12, 22:43
Good point abt the bak gate access - need to check. Can't tell from site plan. Anyone can verify huhuhu..

fclim
30-03-12, 01:14

Upp Serangoon Shopping Centre can only hope. FH and units individually owned. More difficult. Hopefully, it dies a natural death and owners see no point holding onto their empty shops. Might as well cash out.

The two hotels still quite far away to have any undesirable effect on minton. Got HDB blocks to act as buffer. Pity those landed just opposite the hotels though.

hyenergix
30-03-12, 06:54

Really got genuine tourists hor...

http://www.tripadvisor.in/Hotel_Review-g294265-d1916206-Reviews-Hotel_81_Kovan-Singapore.html

lufu
30-03-12, 07:40
Pity those landed just opposite the hotels though.

that's quite true. filtered by a few HDB blocks. People worst impacted are those on Taman Sireh and Kampong Sireh

kane
30-03-12, 08:28
Really got genuine tourists hor...

http://www.tripadvisor.in/Hotel_Review-g294265-d1916206-Reviews-Hotel_81_Kovan-Singapore.html

They probably don't realise it's a love hotel...

fclim
30-03-12, 08:40
They probably don't realise it's a love hotel...

Think the police is monitoring both hotels closely. One of them was fined recently for not furnishing guests details. But the fine is like peanuts to them.

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_697519.html

kane
30-03-12, 08:44
Just ban hrly rates lor. Min is 6 hours for travellers with foreign passports.

price
30-03-12, 08:49
Just ban hrly rates lor. Min is 6 hours for travellers with foreign passports.
I thought there were already some laws on this? :beats-me-man:

ysyap
30-03-12, 09:55
Just ban hrly rates lor. Min is 6 hours for travellers with foreign passports.Wait they introduce minutes rates... :)

azeoprop
30-03-12, 15:56
Update 30th March 2012. :)

Ricade
30-03-12, 16:19
Wow bro u went to 3 different vantage points to take photo :)
Awesome pictures!! Thank you for sharing

Btw is it jus me but it seems that the construction looks kinda slanted - the space between last block in the background and the middle block doesn't seem flushed from top to bottom.. Is it due to the viewing angle or construction issue?

azeoprop
30-03-12, 16:23
Hee hee it is due to my lousy canon stitch software got lousy perspective correction. :ashamed1:

Ricade
30-03-12, 17:15
Hee hee it is due to my lousy canon stitch software got lousy perspective correction. :ashamed1:

Oops.. But glad to know that it's not building issue.
Great photos nevertheless!! Thank you sooo much :)

silverswirl
30-03-12, 17:59

thanks azeoprop. they are really on track for 2013 top. :)

kane
30-03-12, 18:00
From the pics, it looks like the 3 bigger blocks all reached top floor and the smaller block is getting built up in double quick time...

Ricade
30-03-12, 18:03
They have been working on the top floors for quite a long time..
Seems like the penthouse units are being 'meticulously' cared for.

kane
30-03-12, 18:12
They have been working on the top floors for quite a long time..
Seems like the penthouse units are being 'meticulously' cared for.
Probably cos they can't pre fab the roofing. The walls still can.

price
30-03-12, 23:28
thanks azeoprop. they are really on track for 2013 top. :)
on track for 2013 top!? are u dreaming? haha :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

fclim
30-03-12, 23:41

Thanks azeoprop for the pics.:) :)

hyenergix
31-03-12, 07:47

I thought there is a Tower of Pisa in Singapore at Hougang, that will be truly iconic.

peterlee
31-03-12, 12:25
Tks for the wonderful pictures azeoprop. Looking very good for 2013 TOP. Electricals, sanitary being put in place now, thereafter tiles and cabinetries, finally finishings and landscapes. To those who are experienced with buying a condo from construction stage will know that Minton will be a very beautiful project when completed. Look at the spaciousness between the stacks and vast ample land not to mention the superb facilities. I'm looking forward to stay and enjoy the amenities and convenience. :spliff:

peterlee
31-03-12, 12:34
The fragrance / 81 is not an issue at all and does not pose any slightest effect on minton. Those who are familiar with the vicinity knows it well. If anything has to be, the cluster landed development which is 80m alongisde the 2 lovetels could not have been sold out.

Ricade
31-03-12, 12:39
Tks for the wonderful pictures azeoprop. Looking very good for 2013 TOP. Electricals, sanitary being put in place now, thereafter tiles and cabinetries, finally finishings and landscapes. To those who are experienced with buying a condo from construction stage will know that Minton will be a very beautiful project when completed. Look at the spaciousness between the stacks and vast ample land not to mention the superb facilities. I'm looking forward to stay and enjoy the amenities and convenience. :spliff:

Ya but I think few has ever experienced buying a unit in a development of this size.. I have a unit there too but I have never purchased stg that is as big as Minton before. Lol..

dantansy
31-03-12, 17:02
Hi

I am thinking of ways to maximize usable space for my unit. Does anyone already have ideas on what to do? Places like the baywindow and balcony especially?

edwinleeap
31-03-12, 17:04
Hi

I am thinking of ways to maximize usable space for my unit. Does anyone already have ideas on what to do? Places like the baywindow and balcony especially?

What type of unit did you buy?

dantansy
31-03-12, 19:27
What type of unit did you buy?

I bought a 2 bedder. Taking away the balcony, planter box, bay window, AC ledge areas the remaining space is about 74sqm.

kane
31-03-12, 20:40
That works to be about 797sqft. Were that able to give that precise a breakdown of the space after deducting the aircon ledge etc.

edwinleeap
31-03-12, 22:33
I bought a 2 bedder. Taking away the balcony, planter box, bay window, AC ledge areas the remaining space is about 74sqm.

Not that much you can do to 2 bedder. Here are some:

1. Platforms to utilize the bay windows
2. Elevated beds for common room carve out space below for study/lounge area
3. Use those panel windows to enclose the balcony and use balcony as dining space
4. Breakdown the walls between the two bedrooms to create a big master bedroom
5. Reconfigure the wall of the common bedroom to make it either bigger or smaller
6. Depending on which 2 bedder configuration, breakdown kitchen walls to make it open concept/incorporating dinning?

That's about all?

azeoprop
01-04-12, 00:48
The bomb shelter of the 2 bedder is actually big enough to be a study room, just install some kind of ventilation system or remove that door and leave it at the ac ledge haa haa...
I think u can deck up the planter and use the balcony as an outdoor dining area. The total space out there is quite big.

dantansy
01-04-12, 08:29
Thanks alot edwinleeap and azeoprop. Decking up the planter box and enclose the balcony sounds like a good way to maximize space. I think i will study the idea of creating a platform using the bay windows.

Ricade
01-04-12, 09:01
Is enclosing balcony area with panel window legal?
Can't seem to find a company who can do that for u in SG..
Any idea where u can get this done?

Kenshinto80
01-04-12, 09:39

http://smartwindows.sg/. There is a company in Singapore.

Xan
01-04-12, 09:55

There's a neighbor of mine enclose the whole big roof terrace area and convert it into a confine Space. The roof terrace now really looks like a Starbuck cafe with glass panel.

Xan
01-04-12, 09:56
http://smartwindows.sg/. There is a company in Singapore.

The smart window u posted seems interesting. However the window don't go along quite well with the railing. You agree?

ysyap
01-04-12, 10:37
http://smartwindows.sg/. There is a company in Singapore.This photo is probably taken from a unit in CityView DBSS. Anyway, the question beckons, 'will a condo management allow such an installation?'

Ricade
01-04-12, 10:51
This photo is probably taken from a unit in CityView DBSS. Anyway, the question beckons, 'will a condo management allow such an installation?'

Ya this is the million dollar question..

But thanks to the fellow forummer who posted link to smart window..

I know I've seen it somewhere online before but simply can't find the link again last night. Thk u so much..

sh
01-04-12, 10:54
This photo is probably taken from a unit in CityView DBSS. Anyway, the question beckons, 'will a condo management allow such an installation?'

URA will not allow. Do at your own risk. Be nice to all your neighbours, make sure nobody complains.....

ysyap
01-04-12, 10:56
URA will not allow. Do at your own risk. Be nice to all your neighbours, make sure nobody complains.....I think so too... smart window is for HDB flats only. :rolleyes: With the recent 8000 units bumper crop, their business will increase two fold within a short span of time! :o

Ricade
01-04-12, 11:00
URA will not allow. Do at your own risk. Be nice to all your neighbours, make sure nobody complains.....

If ur unit is facing away from the estate.. Maybe still can..

If ur unit faces internal block, maybe more difficult man. Too obvious liow

sh
01-04-12, 11:01
I think so too... smart window is for HDB flats only. :rolleyes: With the recent 8000 units bumper crop, their business will increase two fold within a short span of time! :o

Don't think it's legal for hdb too. Private and hdb follows the same rules when it comes to balconies....

solsys
01-04-12, 19:09
The smart window u posted seems interesting. However the window don't go along quite well with the railing. You agree?

Anyone tried this smart windows? Good to have reviews.

lufu
01-04-12, 20:26
The fragrance / 81 is not an issue at all and does not pose any slightest effect on minton. Those who are familiar with the vicinity knows it well. If anything has to be, the cluster landed development which is 80m alongisde the 2 lovetels could not have been sold out.

you're right no effect on The Minton. There are still a few HDB blocks between The Minton and those hotels.

Funny that even the MP is perturbed that two budget hotels have been allowed to operate between Upper Serangoon Road and Sireh Place. 2 years have past and yet they're still in operation.

News Article.
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/45641715-post498.html

new2mondrian
01-04-12, 22:53
The bomb shelter of the 2 bedder is actually big enough to be a study room, just install some kind of ventilation system or remove that door and leave it at the ac ledge haa haa...
I think u can deck up the planter and use the balcony as an outdoor dining area. The total space out there is quite big.

Azeoprop, thanks for all the photos! You are good!!! The official photographer of condosingapore (hee hee... Just saw your interlace photos....)

I am keen on smart windows. Theoretically, as the wndows are moveable, should be less contentious i suppose? My 2 friends installed at their condos, and so far so good... Those that use bamboo blinds are more of an eyesore....

Converting the balcony into dininig area sounds good! I'm thinking of doing the same.... Anyone knows if there's a waterpoint at the balcony? If yes can do a small outdoor kitchen there with wall hung cabinets... :)

kane
01-04-12, 23:01
Azeoprop, thanks for all the photos! You are good!!! The official photographer of condosingapore (hee hee... Just saw your interlace photos....)

I am keen on smart windows. Theoretically, as the wndows are moveable, should be less contentious i suppose? My 2 friends installed at their condos, and so far so good... Those that use bamboo blinds are more of an eyesore....

Converting the balcony into dininig area sounds good! I'm thinking of doing the same.... Anyone knows if there's a waterpoint at the balcony? If yes can do a small outdoor kitchen there with wall hung cabinets... :)

Alfresco dining with aircon. Provided mgt allows for it.

new2mondrian
01-04-12, 23:08
Alfresco dining with aircon. Provided mgt allows for it.

Haha will be too much... A ceiling fan would be nice... A small outdoor kitchen with a dining set there would be just right...

Knowing my mom, i just pray that she wun start hanging all her laundry at the balcony... She's not a big fan of the dryer.... :(

kane
01-04-12, 23:11
Haha will be too much... A ceiling fan would be nice... A small outdoor kitchen with a dining set there would be just right...

Knowing my mom, i just pray that she wun start hanging all her laundry at the balcony... She's not a big fan of the dryer.... :(

Just tell her don't drape it over the balcony railing...

azeoprop
02-04-12, 06:53
if yours is stack 52, u can use those laundry system that can extend from you kitchen window to the ac ledge. The sun will shine from there. :D

Hugobu
03-04-12, 03:56
Hey guys, I recently bought a unit n have become a mintonian. This is a great forum. Lots of good infor n thanks so much azeoprop for your fantastic photos update.

I really like the idea for the smart window in the balcony.
In the event if it's not allowed can residents group together to petition for the green light for the installation ?

ysyap
03-04-12, 06:35
Hey guys, I recently bought a unit n have become a mintonian. This is a great forum. Lots of good infor n thanks so much azeoprop for your fantastic photos update.

In the event if it's not allowed can residents group together to petition for the green light for the installation ?Quite unlikely green light will be given through petition...otherwise next time anything also petition then they'll always have to convene and discuss... not practical but can always try lor... :spliff:

kane
03-04-12, 08:27
Just buy a big big ceiling fan for the balcony.

Hugobu
03-04-12, 08:33
Quite unlikely green light will be given through petition...otherwise next time anything also petition then they'll always have to convene and discuss... not practical but can always try lor... :spliff:
That's true. Nonetheless I'm already dreaming of a dinning table with wall hall cabinets at the balcony. It's just too tempting.

fclim
03-04-12, 08:46

In the event if it's not allowed can residents group together to petition for the green light for the installation ?

Congrats. What unit type did you buy?

There are URA guidelines on balcony enclosures (http://www.ura.gov.sg/circulars/text/dc07-01.htm). It is stated that:

Balcony Screening
To address the end users needs to have some form of enclosure at balconies while achieving the planning objective for balconies to retain a semi-outdoor character, the existing guidelines are relaxed to allow for balconies screens, which comply with the following performance criteria:

a. The proposed balcony screens allow for natural ventilation within the balcony at all times; and

b. The proposed balcony screen is capable of being drawn open or retracted fully.

...For cases where the screens are not installed upfront by the developer, the approved balcony screen design will be used by the MCST to guide subsequent installation by individual owners. Future changes or replacement of the approved screen design will be regulated and decided by the MCST and need not be referred to URA for approval.

I do not think smartwindows meet the criteria of natural ventilation at all times. You should ask smartwindows if they meet URA guidelines and see their reply. In any case, MCST can decide and need not refer the URA. But, they are supposed to follow the guidelines, I guess.

Hugobu
03-04-12, 18:34
Congrats. What unit type did you buy?

There are URA guidelines on balcony enclosures (http://www.ura.gov.sg/circulars/text/dc07-01.htm). It is stated that:

Balcony Screening
To address the end users needs to have some form of enclosure at balconies while achieving the planning objective for balconies to retain a semi-outdoor character, the existing guidelines are relaxed to allow for balconies screens, which comply with the following performance criteria:

a. The proposed balcony screens allow for natural ventilation within the balcony at all times; and

b. The proposed balcony screen is capable of being drawn open or retracted fully.

...For cases where the screens are not installed upfront by the developer, the approved balcony screen design will be used by the MCST to guide subsequent installation by individual owners. Future changes or replacement of the approved screen design will be regulated and decided by the MCST and need not be referred to URA for approval.

I do not think smartwindows meet the criteria of natural ventilation at all times. You should ask smartwindows if they meet URA guidelines and see their reply. In any case, MCST can decide and need not refer the URA. But, they are supposed to follow the guidelines, I guess.

Thks. I got a 2 bedder n glad to join the Minton club.

Ricade
04-04-12, 10:10
Does the Minton have a facebook page for residents?

So quiet these few days without the devil.. Forum macam lie become dead liow

price
04-04-12, 11:23
Does the Minton have a facebook page for residents?

So quiet these few days without the devil.. Forum macam lie become dead liow

haha devil got sick of the accusations on him.

fclim
04-04-12, 14:39
Thks. I got a 2 bedder n glad to join the Minton club.

That's great. I wonder if the 2 bedders are sold out.Pardon my intrusiveness, I am curious why you chose an older launched project like minton when you can have Watertown, Parc Vera, Riversound, Bartley Res., Boathouse etc.., a few of which are better located?

peterlee
04-04-12, 15:29
That's great. I wonder if the 2 bedders are sold out.Pardon my intrusiveness, I am curious why you chose an older launched project like minton when you can have Watertown, Parc Vera, Riversound, Bartley Res., Boathouse etc.., a few of which are better located?

I think balance unit left at the 2-bedder only.

This development has excellent facilities sitting on a large spacious ground (500,000 sqft land!), units are of comfortable size, blocks are far-spaced apart from each other, and price still on the low-end of the market.

Location-wise, although it is not directly beside an MRT station, the developer is providing free shuttle bus to-from Nex (Serangoon MRT Interchange) for the first 2-yrs. MCST may take over subsequently if residents vote for it.

For those who drive will know that it is accessible to major arteries etc. KPE/CTE, etc. It is just a mere 2-3 exits via KPE to Nicoll Highway! And also notwithstanding the road widening to 4-lane (from existing 3-lane) along Upp Paya Lebar Rd.

This development is a gem.

price
04-04-12, 15:38

Other than maybe WT and Bartley Res i dont see how the rest are considered better located. Even for WT, the project is so much further to town.

peterlee
04-04-12, 16:30
Other than maybe WT and Bartley Res i dont see how the rest are considered better located. Even for WT, the project is so much further to town.

WT is just too far away and the price is at a high premium but then again Punggol offers an alternative lifestyle unique to itself and the development is beautiful. Anyway, buyers have their own perception and there is no right or wrong.

dantansy
04-04-12, 20:27
I think balance unit left at the 2-bedder only.

This development has excellent facilities sitting on a large spacious ground (500,000 sqft land!), units are of comfortable size, blocks are far-spaced apart from each other, and price still on the low-end of the market.

Location-wise, although it is not directly beside an MRT station, the developer is providing free shuttle bus to-from Nex (Serangoon MRT Interchange) for the first 2-yrs. MCST may take over subsequently if residents vote for it.

For those who drive will know that it is accessible to major arteries etc. KPE/CTE, etc. It is just a mere 2-3 exits via KPE to Nicoll Highway! And also notwithstanding the road widening to 4-lane (from existing 3-lane) along Upp Paya Lebar Rd.

This development is a gem.

Yes exactly my sentiments :)

Hugobu
04-04-12, 20:50
Those new launches that you mentioned, I've seen them all. After viewing these launches made my decision to buy Minton so much easier.
WT is just too far and the Psf is over priced. Bartley is way too small with high premium and the traffic is bad. Parc vera 's unit size is one the the better ones but location and facilities cannot compare with Minton.
Given Minton's facilities and reasonable price plus good unit size it's a easy decision to make.
As for the concern of location I still think Minton has the best location. Easily accessible to most express ways and close to Nex shopping n heartland mall.
The location is in fact better than developments near MRT but not near to any amenities like shopping and eating.
I for sure will Prefer a big development like Minton as its hard to find another development with such size and extensive facilities. I'm sure most us us will enjoy the club feel once it's ready.
After stayed in a big development with 778 units, I'm not comfortable to shift to a small development with a small lap pool, small gym, a few BBQ pits.

price
04-04-12, 21:14
Those new launches that you mentioned, I've seen them all. After viewing these launches made my decision to buy Minton so much easier.
WT is just too far and the Psf is over priced. Bartley is way too small with high premium and the traffic is bad. Parc vera 's unit size is one the the better ones but location and facilities cannot compare with Minton.
Given Minton's facilities and reasonable price plus good unit size it's a easy decision to make.
As for the concern of location I still think Minton has the best location. Easily accessible to most express ways and close to Nex shopping n heartland mall.
The location is in fact better than developments near MRT but not near to any amenities like shopping and eating.
I for sure will Prefer a big development like Minton as its hard to find another development with such size and extensive facilities. I'm sure most us us will enjoy the club feel once it's ready.
After stayed in a big development with 778 units, I'm not comfortable to shift to a small development with a small lap pool, small gym, a few BBQ pits.

Haha such a long list of pros. What about the cons? Obviously with vested interested you'll sing praise for this project.

Congrats on ur purchase though!

azeoprop
04-04-12, 21:16
Looking forward to TOP next year. :cheers4:

Btw, anybody got find Fengshui master to see how is Minton? :beats-me-man:

Hugobu
04-04-12, 21:56
Haha such a long list of pros. What about the cons? Obviously with vested interested you'll sing praise for this project.

Congrats on ur purchase though!
Hee! Flanked by HDB blocks on both sides.

fclim
04-04-12, 23:33
Hee! Flanked by HDB blocks on both sides.

Wow, thanks for sharing the pros. HDB blocks no issue as project not facing them. All units either face landed or internally (which is ok as they are spaced far apart). Agree that this devt will be nice when completed. Any visitor will be wowed by the vast expanse of the place.

The huge land size is a pro as well as a con. It may be more difficult to enbloc in future; ard $1.3B to enbloc. But then, 20 yrs later, $1.3B may be nothing. But, since land is scarce, some developer might well be interested to acquire land of this size in the future esp since there are not many around in OCR. In fact, maybe this is the only one in OCR?:beats-me-man: So, minton type of land size could be quite rare going forward. And squarish too. Practical and good fengshui according to some.

Ricade
05-04-12, 02:32
Yeah welcome welcome for new Minton owners.. Welcome to the family yeah!

Can share anything under the sun abt Minton here..
This Project main con qingjian is becoming more and more prominent lately.. They just won another bid to develop a new plot of land in punchily if I'm not wrong.. Fast becoming a familiar player in D19

Their project price also pretty reasonable I must say. So let's hope they do a gd job in their D19 minton mega project.

Hugobu
05-04-12, 04:40
Wow, thanks for sharing the pros. HDB blocks no issue as project not facing them. All units either face landed or internally (which is ok as they are spaced far apart). Agree that this devt will be nice when completed. Any visitor will be wowed by the vast expanse of the place.

The huge land size is a pro as well as a con. It may be more difficult to enbloc in future; ard $1.3B to enbloc. But then, 20 yrs later, $1.3B may be nothing. But, since land is scarce, some developer might well be interested to acquire land of this size in the future esp since there are not many around in OCR. In fact, maybe this is the only one in OCR?:beats-me-man: So, minton type of land size could be quite rare going forward. And squarish too. Practical and good fengshui according to some.

Anyone got more details to share on the Fengshui ?

price
05-04-12, 08:42
This project is only good now because it's reasonably priced (due to its proximity to the MRT and hougang street address) Of course the facilities given the size is a plus point. Other than that, there's really nothing much. From an investment perspective, there's no upside nor tenants potential. Better project for own stay. :2cents:

fclim
05-04-12, 10:07
This project is only good now because it's reasonably priced (due to its proximity to the MRT and hougang street address) Of course the facilities given the size is a plus point. Other than that, there's really nothing much. From an investment perspective, there's no upside nor tenants potential. Better project for own stay. :2cents:

Own stay best. Investment not ideal, but not really zero oso.

There are a number of international schools nearby such as DPS Int'l Sch, Stamford American Sch, Australian School, French School, all within a 3 km radius.

Upcoming Paya Lebar Commercial Hub oso offers opportunities. Not those high income CEOs type, but professional FTs.

Minton will be able to offer a cheaper rental alternative compared to surrounding condos like KR, KM, BR etc. With its extensive range of facilities and different unit types, it should appeal to both FT families and singles. But with so many units, there could be competition unless buyers are mostly own stay types.

price
05-04-12, 10:19

There are a number of international schools nearby such as DPS Int'l Sch, Stamford American Sch, Australian School, French School, all within a 3 km radius.

Upcoming Paya Lebar Commercial Hub oso offers opportunities. Not those high income CEOs type, but professional FTs.

Minton will be able to offer a cheaper rental alternative compared to surrounding condos like KR, KM, BR etc. With its extensive range of facilities and different unit types, it should appeal to both FT families and singles. But with so many units, there could be competition unless buyers are mostly own stay types.

The radius of paya lebar hub, every single development is using that as potential pool of tenants / buyers. D19 is quite far compared to D14,15.

Why will Minton be a cheaper rental alternative? Cheaper will = HDB rental entire 3 room for aprox 2.2-2.5k

graveyard
05-04-12, 10:34

Love the heated pool. Few condos have this which makes evening/night swim pleasurable. Hate to swim in the cold dark water at night

fclim
05-04-12, 10:39
The radius of paya lebar hub, every single development is using that as potential pool of tenants / buyers. D19 is quite far compared to D14,15.

Why will Minton be a cheaper rental alternative? Cheaper will = HDB rental entire 3 room for aprox 2.2-2.5k

Like I said, not ideal, but not zero also.

Paya Lebar Hub also includes the Tai Seng area, which is currently being developed with Oxley Biz Hub etc. You must know why Low Keng Huat Ltd is ringfencing this area, developing and building both residential, commercial and malls.

Cheaper compared to nearby condos lah, cos cheaper purchase price to start with mah. HDB different cos got no facilities. Anyway, I suspect there could be some form of tighter restrictions on HDB rental going forward, especially for PRs who own HDBs.

price
05-04-12, 10:44

Paya Lebar Hub also includes the Tai Seng area, which is currently being developed with Oxley Biz Hub etc. You must know why Low Keng Huat Ltd is ringfencing this area, developing and building both residential, commercial and malls.

Cheaper compared to nearby condos lah, cos cheaper purchase price to start with mah. HDB different cos got no facilities. Anyway, I suspect there could be some form of tighter restrictions on HDB rental going forward, especially for PRs who own HDBs.

Yup agreed. The nearby MMs are cheaper in quantum though.

azeoprop
05-04-12, 13:06
Anyone got more details to share on the Fengshui ?
not too sure about fengshui, but i think the giant entrance and the winding hougang street 11 is like a small stream bringing wealth to the residents. The site plan looks like a cross section side profile of a human head. The mouth is the main entrance, nose is the mini blk 10d. Brain is the lily pond Haa haa.

Hugobu
05-04-12, 14:28
not too sure about fengshui, but i think the giant entrance and the winding hougang street 11 is like a small stream bringing wealth to the residents. The site plan looks like a cross section side profile of a human head. The mouth is the main entrance, nose is the mini blk 10d. Brain is the lily pond Haa haa.
That's a really good analogy and seems logical. Huat ah!

Rosegarden
05-04-12, 14:51
Love the heated pool. Few condos have this which makes evening/night swim pleasurable. Hate to swim in the cold dark water at night

What will be the maintenance fees? No doubt many units share the cost, but also there are lots of facilities to maintain. If the fees are too high, guess the heated pool will not stay heated for very long after the residents take over the MC.

fclim
05-04-12, 15:35
What will be the maintenance fees? No doubt many units share the cost, but also there are lots of facilities to maintain. If the fees are too high, guess the heated pool will not stay heated for very long after the residents take over the MC.

Heard it's from $190 to $350 per month. Majority will pay around $200+, I think.

graveyard
05-04-12, 16:04
Heard it's from $190 to $350 per month. Majority will pay around $200+, I think.

Wow, dats > SGD0.2 mil per mth, think enough la. The heated pool can be controlled, no? like jacuzzi ..when no one using, its off. When someone wan use, just press the button

peterlee
05-04-12, 16:06

Good if HDB alters the rule to restrict PR from renting out their HDB flat. PRs who are entitled to buy HDB should be for their own stay and not for renting out.

Sometimes cheap rent doesnt mean any good too. You attract hoardes of cheapo tenants whose characters are hard to blend into our society.

What I heard from my agent is that most buyers are getting it for own stay.

peterlee
05-04-12, 16:07
Wow, dats > SGD0.2 mil per mth, think enough la. The heated pool can be controlled, no? like jacuzzi ..when no one using, its off. When someone wan use, just press the button

Probably no need to on the heater for 24-hrs bah.

fclim
05-04-12, 16:16
Probably no need to on the heater for 24-hrs bah.

Maybe solar powered?:beats-me-man:

peterlee
05-04-12, 16:26
Yeah welcome welcome for new Minton owners.. Welcome to the family yeah!

Can share anything under the sun abt Minton here..
This Project main con qingjian is becoming more and more prominent lately.. They just won another bid to develop a new plot of land in punchily if I'm not wrong.. Fast becoming a familiar player in D19

Their project price also pretty reasonable I must say. So let's hope they do a gd job in their D19 minton mega project.

Obvious that Qingjian wants to be a serious player in this market thus they shouldn't screw up such a prominent & big project. Moreover, Kheng Leong / Low Kheng Huat as the co-developers will also want to ensure quality as they are legally responsible to deliver the promised products.

If one notice from the construction site, some level 2 units are being 'fitted' in advanced. I think this is for QC to check the end-product quality and workmanship, before rolling out work on the rest of the units.

peterlee
05-04-12, 16:29
Yup agreed. The nearby MMs are cheaper in quantum though.

Yup agree, but their unit sizes are also smaller and the facilities much, much lesser too. Quality tenant, esp. those with family cluster will know which one better to choose. Of course, budget tenants will go for the cheaper rent quantum no doubt.

peterlee
05-04-12, 16:33

Circa 2.5m in mgt fee per year is quite a sizeable amt to maintain & upkeep the services/facilities. And notwithstanding income from rental of facilities e.g. bbq, function rooms, tennis/badminton, etc.

Rosegarden
05-04-12, 16:34

The heated pool is a 20-m pool. That's more than 100 tonnes of water! Takes time and lots of electricity to heat up. But Minton has economy of scale with so many units. Anything less than $300/month is actually quite good for all these facilities.

peterlee
05-04-12, 16:36
Maybe solar powered?:beats-me-man:

That's a thoughtful idea! If such energy saving equipments (eg. Solar panels, LED lights, Sensors, etc.) are installed from day-one or even during development/construction phase, the savings over the years will be considerable!!

Rosegarden
05-04-12, 16:38
Circa 2.5m in mgt fee per year is quite a sizeable amt to maintain & upkeep the services/facilities. And notwithstanding income from rental of facilities e.g. bbq, function rooms, tennis/badminton, etc.

Yeah that's a lot of money to manage. Hope they will choose a wise and impartial MC, otherwise there's going to be yearly drama at the AGM ....

peterlee
05-04-12, 16:39
The heated pool is a 20-m pool. That's more than 100 tonnes of water! Takes time and lots of electricity to heat up. But Minton has economy of scale with so many units. Anything less than $300/month is actually quite good for all these facilities.

Yup, may not be practical to operate like jacuzzi (on/off when required) thus probably can be set to be switched off during off-peak or after certain hours (e.g. noon time or after 2am, etc.)

peterlee
05-04-12, 16:42
Yeah that's a lot of money to manage. Hope they will choose a wise and impartial MC, otherwise there's going to be yearly drama at the AGM ....

A good MA is also very important. Impartiality should be counter-checked by a neutral MA too. It is preferred to choose a professional MA whose reputation is strong and has excellent track record in managing large condo.

peterlee
05-04-12, 16:53

Hahahah thats a good one Azeoprop! And the landed clusters on top is the hat. Minton has an expensive & quality hat (roof) over its head!

fclim
05-04-12, 18:03
The raised tennis court is currently being built. Anyone knows what is being planned below the tennis court? Any additional facilities below?

azeoprop
05-04-12, 18:07
The raised tennis court is currently being built. Anyone knows what is being planned below the tennis court? Any additional facilities below?

Maybe the bin center or the sub station? :beats-me-man:

peterlee
05-04-12, 18:15
Maybe the bin center or the sub station? :beats-me-man:

Yup sub station.

fclim
05-04-12, 18:18
Yup sub station.

ic. Thanks. Bin centre likely to be next to stack 27, at bottom right corner of the development where access is along Lor Ah Soo?

peterlee
05-04-12, 23:34
ic. Thanks. Bin centre likely to be next to stack 27, at bottom right corner of the development where access is along Lor Ah Soo?

usually beside sub station but could also be @ basement

new2mondrian
06-04-12, 01:52
Balcony Screening

...For cases where the screens are not installed upfront by the developer, the approved balcony screen design will be used by the MCST to guide subsequent installation by individual owners. Future changes or replacement of approved screen design will be regulated and decided by the MCST and need not be referred to URA for approval.

I do not think smartwindows meet the criteria of natural ventilation at all times. You should ask smartwindows if they meet URA guidelines and see their reply. In any case, MCST can decide and need not refer the URA. but they are supposed to follow the guidelines, I guess.

Thanks fclim for the very informative posting!

I called up smartwindows. The company did not apply for URA approval, citing cost as a reason. Though the company has installed smartwindows in a number of condos (eg livia and clover by the park) so far.

I dunno. My spouse is keen to install... He said since it is fully retractable should be alright. And URA's point about ventilation at all times is ambiguous. We can always leave a gap before installation to ensure ventilation at all times. From an aesthetic perspective, it does not alter the external facade much given the glass panels are frameless.

Maybe will install and see how. Also keen on Legate Invisible Grille. Got a little monkey at home. Afraid that he will fall out. :(

hyenergix
06-04-12, 07:12

I called up smartwindows. The company did not apply for URA approval, citing cost as a reason. Though the company has installed smartwindows in a number of condos (eg livia and clover by the park) so far.

I dunno. My spouse is keen to install... He said since it is fully retractable should be alright. And URA's point about ventilation at all times is ambiguous. We can always leave a gap before installation to ensure ventilation at all times. From an aesthetic perspective, it does not alter the external facade much given the glass panels are frameless.

Maybe will install and see how. Also keen on Legate Invisible Grille. Got a little monkey at home. Afraid that he will fall out. :(

I believe it is a grey area. If you ask the authority, chances are it will not be approved, so better dun ask!

fclim
07-04-12, 00:40

Ask MCST can oredi since it appears that URA only regulates those installed by developers during construction. MCST may not approve, like those planter decks. But, people continue to install anyway. Did u ask smartwindows what's the cost like e.g $ per metre etc.?

new2mondrian
07-04-12, 00:55
Ask MCST can oredi since it appears that URA only regulates those installed by developers during construction. MCST may not approve, like those planter decks. But, people continue to install anyway. Did u ask smartwindows what's the cost like e.g $ per metre etc.?

Haha nope... When TOP comes, will definitely ask. Agree that it is more of mcst's business than ura's. Hopefully minton has a more sympathetic and flexible mcst. :)

Hopefully the building quality is good. At least can get all the rectification headaches out of the way. Cannot imagine 1145 owners bugging the contractor for rectification works once TOP comes. My first time getting such a huge devt. Hopefully everything turns out well.

graveyard
07-04-12, 14:24
Yup, may not be practical to operate like jacuzzi (on/off when required) thus probably can be set to be switched off during off-peak or after certain hours (e.g. noon time or after 2am, etc.)

wow. 20m heated pool? i was thinking small pond-sized heated pools..

kane
07-04-12, 14:42
where's the 20m heated pool situated again? i remember the onsen facing lor ah soo.

chrisop
07-04-12, 14:53
where's the 20m heated pool situated again? i remember the onsen facing lor ah soo.
It's behind the tennis court.

fclim
07-04-12, 14:56

In front of stacks 55 and 60, where the 50m lap pool is.:)

kane
07-04-12, 21:26
i would think the onsen is better since it's elevated?

fclim
07-04-12, 23:01
i would think the onsen is better since it's elevated?

Personally, I think they are kinda small, given the population of minton. In addition, they are segregated into his and hers.

kane
07-04-12, 23:04
Personally, I think they are kinda small, given the population of minton. In addition, they are segregated into his and hers.

yeah, space could be a factor. go onsen at midnight if it's still open then.

new2mondrian
08-04-12, 01:03

Erm onsen is supposed to be much hotter than heated pool right? Onsen is simply to soak there, while heated pool of 20m allows one to really exercise and swim a few laps. Easy to replicate the onsen experience if one has a bathtub, but not a heated pool. So depends on what u want. :)

Anyone here knows of a good ID who can maximize spaces out of a tiny 700sqft space? I am looking for one. Sigh the ID I worked with specializes in landed projects and large apts. cannot think out of the box when it comes to small spaces. Thanks in advance for any recommendation!

DC33_2008
08-04-12, 11:16
How to duplicate an onsen? Onsen is water from a hot spring that comes with natural minerals.
Erm onsen is supposed to be much hotter than heated pool right? Onsen is simply to soak there, while heated pool of 20m allows one to really exercise and swim a few laps. Easy to replicate the onsen experience if one has a bathtub, but not a heated pool. So depends on what u want. :)

Anyone here knows of a good ID who can maximize spaces out of a tiny 700sqft space? I am looking for one. Sigh the ID I worked with specializes in landed projects and large apts. cannot think out of the box when it comes to small spaces. Thanks in advance for any recommendation!

new2mondrian
08-04-12, 16:27
How to duplicate an onsen? Onsen is water from a hot spring that comes with natural minerals.
Haha my bad... Well said!

azeoprop
08-04-12, 16:37
Pour bottles of Evian minerial water into the onsen and heat it up. :D

kane
08-04-12, 17:12
In japan, the sell the additives that you can add to your tub of water to simulate the onsen...

new2mondrian
08-04-12, 21:09
In japan, the sell the additives that you can add to your tub of water to simulate the onsen...

Singapore also got - and these are called bath salts. Lol...

kane
08-04-12, 21:29
Singapore also got - and these are called bath salts. Lol...

Oh yah. Heh heh. I a bit sua ku.

Rosegarden
09-04-12, 17:58
His and Hers hot onsen pools. 20-m heated pool. Heard there's a covered badminton dome that will be air-conditioned. A big club house. A library (air conditioned?). Water pumps for all the pools and water features ....

Wouldn't the electricity bill be astronomical?

Wonder if the low maintenance fee (e.g. $190 for 2+study) quoted by the agent is reliable...are there any BCA/URA regulation that can prevent the management from raising the fees after TOP?

azeoprop
09-04-12, 18:03
His and Hers hot onsen pools. 20-m heated pool. Heard there's a covered badminton dome that will be air-conditioned. A big club house. A library (air conditioned?). Water pumps for all the pools and water features ....

Wonder if the low maintenance fee (e.g. $190 for 2+study) quoted by the agent is reliable...are there any BCA/URA regulation that can prevent the management from raising the fees after TOP?

Maybe they should build some solar energy panels to heat the water haa haa. :D

price
09-04-12, 18:32
Maybe they should build some solar energy panels to heat the water haa haa. :D

are u vested here and suite@pl? :D since u always post photos

kane
09-04-12, 18:40

Got 1100 units to share the bill.

azeoprop
09-04-12, 18:58
are u vested here and suite@pl? :D since u always post photos

I am vested here... :o

peterlee
09-04-12, 21:30

good buy. be it for rental or for long term investment.

price
09-04-12, 23:39

cool! 2 bedders? :D :cheers6:

azeoprop
09-04-12, 23:55
cool! 2 bedders? :D :cheers6:

Maxi 1 bedder... :o