PDA

View Full Version : The Minton (D19, 99 years leasehold, Kheng Leong)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

kane
08-02-12, 14:20
just my opinion, if for own stay ok....if plan to rent out, rental can be challenging due to the no of units in the project.

it'll probably take a while longer than smaller projects to achieve rental yield stabilisation.

silverswirl
08-02-12, 14:59
Update 7th Feb 2012. :)

cheers azeoprop! hope they TOP this year! :)

ysyap
08-02-12, 15:19
cheers azeoprop! hope they TOP this year! :)You are kidding, right? ;)

graveyard
08-02-12, 18:48
You are kidding, right? ;)

Hmmm why not? :confused:

styleman88
09-02-12, 01:33
guys, I have one question.

Do you think that the 14th storey of the Minton will be higher than the 15th storey of HDB block 158 which is in front?

Thanks!

azeoprop
09-02-12, 02:17
Minton is on a sloping ground. The behind blocks 12abc and 14a start at a lower level than the front(2,6 8) and middle blocks (10ab)

If ur block is the behind blocks 12abc and 14a to clear HDB 15th floor you need at least 16th floor.

But if it is the middle and front blocks 14th floor will be higher than the 15th floor of the HDB.

Take a look at the photos to get an idea. But the good thing about blk 158 is the part infront of minton is only 13 and 11 floors high.

:D

fclim
09-02-12, 08:02
Minton is on a sloping ground. The behind blocks 12abc and 14a start at a lower level than the front(2,6 8) and middle blocks (10ab)

If ur block is the behind blocks 12abc and 14a to clear HDB 15th floor you need at least 16th floor.

But if it is the middle and front blocks 14th floor will be higher than the 15th floor of the HDB.

Take a look at the photos to get an idea. But the good thing about blk 158 is the part infront of minton is only 13 and 11 floors high.

That's why the front blocks (facing Lor Ah Soo) and middle blocks are 15 storeys high whilst the rear blocks are 17 storeys high. This ensures the top floors are all level with each other.

Your nice photo of the city view. Did you take the photos from Blk 158? Above what level?

azeoprop
09-02-12, 14:22
That's why the front blocks (facing Lor Ah Soo) and middle blocks are 15 storeys high whilst the rear blocks are 17 storeys high. This ensures the top floors are all level with each other.

Your nice photo of the city view. Did you take the photos from Blk 158? Above what level?

That photo was taken on the 15th floor of 158. :)

fclim
09-02-12, 16:58
That photo was taken on the 15th floor of 158. :)

Thanks. Nice view. Probably those 12th floor and above in Minton can have such views?:beats-me-man:

ysyap
09-02-12, 19:55
That photo was taken on the 15th floor of 158. :)You are really nice to take photos for projects that you've mentioned you do not own... even for Suites@PL. Thx bro... :cheers1:

mc_007
11-02-12, 22:51
thanks for keeping us updated...

any idea if the Upper Serangoon Shopping complex is gg to revamp? If revamp den shiok for us..

fclim
11-02-12, 23:28
thanks for keeping us updated...

any idea if the Upper Serangoon Shopping complex is gg to revamp? If revamp den shiok for us..

I suppose in due course. It is now such a dead shopping centre with many shops closed. Understand there were 67 retail units (out of 173 units) put up for sale by tender. Not sure what happened to that one.

It is a mixed development; commercial and residential. So, best to tear it down and redevelop. But, it is freehold and the individual shop owners can be quite stubborn. Heard an enbloc proposal did not go through. Hopefully, the dwindling business will be a push factor.

But first, the 2 sleazy hotels and the Karaoke aka niteclub MUST GO.

new2mondrian
11-02-12, 23:39
I suppose in due course. It is now such a dead shopping centre with many shops closed. Understand there were 67 retail units (out of 173 units) put up for sale by tender. Not sure what happened to that one.

It is a mixed development; commercial and residential. So, best to tear it down and redevelop. But, it is freehold and the individual shop owners can be quite stubborn. Heard an enbloc proposal did not go through. Hopefully, the dwindling business will be a push factor.

Sorry for asking this "tortoise in a well" question - where is Serangoon Shopping Centre? Must have blended in so well with the HDBs that I missed it! :o

And where are the 2 sleazy hotels and nightclubs? I have a little boy, so must watch out for them lah. :(

pineapple
11-02-12, 23:44
Sorry for asking this "tortoise in a well" question - where is Serangoon Shopping Centre? Must have blended in so well with the HDBs that I missed it! :o

And where are the 2 sleazy hotels and nightclubs? I have a little boy, so must watch out for them lah. :(

think the hotel is fragrance and hotel 88.. beside the shopping center.. along upper serangoon road.. think there was a ktv at the basement of the shopping center too.. I used to get my PC games from this shopping center.. :cool:

new2mondrian
12-02-12, 00:16
think the hotel is fragrance and hotel 88.. beside the shopping center.. along upper serangoon road.. think there was a ktv at the basement of the shopping center too.. I used to get my PC games from this shopping center.. :cool:

Thanks for clarifying! Haha who can forget the wonderful 88 Fragrance? :D

Let me check out Serangoon Shopping Centre next time I go there. I didn't even know of its existence! :doh:

azeoprop
12-02-12, 09:08
It was a very popular place in the 80s. Thanks to evergreen computer shop haa haa. That stretch of upper serangoon rd was bursting with life in the day...and the market at lim tua tow rd.

http://remembersingapore.wordpress.com/upper-serangoon-shopping-centre/

DC33_2008
12-02-12, 09:51
Unfortunately this place is not walking distance from any mrt stn and sandwiched between kovan and nex.

kane
12-02-12, 10:44
Can lah. Can walk to serangoon by cutting through Lorong Liew Lian. 12mins leisurely pace.

azeoprop
12-02-12, 18:26
They should extend the mrt underpass to Hougang st11 ... :D

kane
12-02-12, 19:05
They should extend the mrt underpass to Hougang st11 ... :D

and build small underground mall plus retail shops like 7 eleven, guardian, toast box/ah kun plus giordano, etc??

azeoprop
12-02-12, 19:11
and build small underground mall plus retail shops like 7 eleven, guardian, toast box/ah kun plus giordano, etc??

Yah, something like citylink mall. Maybe can intergrate with a revamped upper serangoon shopping center and space@kovan/ Lim toa tow area. :D

graveyard
12-02-12, 20:03
Yah, something like citylink mall. Maybe can intergrate with a revamped upper serangoon shopping center and space@kovan/ Lim toa tow area. :D

Very good idea. Good for all in this area if this pulls throughh :D

kane
12-02-12, 20:53
Engineering through the blocks of flat will make the project too expensive. Just take the shuttle bus lah. Ha.

fclim
12-02-12, 21:37
The Upp Serangoon Shopping Centre should be a themed mall, like tuition centre or something. Or a computer or Electronics mart. It should not compete with Nex.

kane
12-02-12, 22:36
The Upp Serangoon Shopping Centre should be a themed mall, like tuition centre or something. Or a computer or Electronics mart. It should not compete with Nex.

tuition centre sounds good. electronics mart isn't something people need everyday.

testtest
12-02-12, 22:39
It was a very popular place in the 80s. Thanks to evergreen computer shop haa haa. That stretch of upper serangoon rd was bursting with life in the day...and the market at lim tua tow rd.

Those wre the days...but now, sad.....the serangoon shopping has a funny smell, like stale...:o

graveyard
13-02-12, 00:07

hard to compete with a giant like Nex that seems to have everything under its roof and jus next to mrt. it better find its niche if it were to revamp

azeoprop
15-02-12, 15:21
Apparently 55 units sold since the price discounts started and 3+ study sold out. :scared-3:

http://www.the-minton.net/

fclim
15-02-12, 16:54
Apparently 55 units sold since the price discounts started and 3+ study sold out. :scared-3:

Amazing... what a full page newspaper advert.. "from $798psf" can do. They advertised it twice in the last two weeks. That drew the crowds into the showflat and the agents suddenly got busy. Otherwise, swatting flies..

kane
15-02-12, 21:13
so another 250 units left to sell?

solsys
15-02-12, 21:22

Used to work part time in that computer shop after sec school.

Those were the days..... The boss is still around there.

testtest
17-02-12, 23:04

The website like buay koh york

iuhne
18-02-12, 07:18
The website like buay koh york

Ya, the website so unprofessional and so difficult to read.

chrisop
18-02-12, 09:15
Hehe the sale of his koh york through this site seems quite good even though this is one of the ugliest and most colourful websites I have ever seen. Ultimately all that matters is it's effective. :)

testtest
18-02-12, 10:32
Hehe the sale of his koh york through this site seems quite good even though this is one of the ugliest and most colourful websites I have ever seen. Ultimately all that matters is it's effective. :)

Haha...totally agree! Who ever catches the mouse is the best cat.

mc_007
18-02-12, 22:07

totally agreed...its a 3/4 dead town there..shld redeveloped it. Tuition niche like United Sq may be a good idea

azeoprop
22-02-12, 22:48
How come Minton is surrounded by new projects with psf over 1k while it is still struggling to sell at 850psf++?

:beats-me-man:

graveyard
22-02-12, 23:12
How come Minton is surrounded by new projects with psf over 1k while it is still struggling to sell at 850psf++?

minton struggling? tot sales is pretty brisk .. maybe if u look at % wise, its low because there are so many more units than the smaller projects surrounding it. :confused:

testtest
22-02-12, 23:18

I m curious too. Perhaps lack of a herd? If better marketing "I luv Minton", with a packed showroom and newspaper reporting foc, maybe people will buy this without considering too much. I read somewhere that 5% of the population is making decisions for the remaining 95%....my 5% of 2 cents!

graveyard
22-02-12, 23:42
I m curious too. Perhaps lack of a herd? If better marketing "I luv Minton", with a packed showroom and newspaper reporting foc, maybe people will buy this without considering too much. I read somewhere that 5% of the population is making decisions for the remaining 95%....my 5% of 2 cents!

Damn. SMU should sue FEO for that. the heart logo is an obvious cut-and-paste! good training for the new faulty of law tooo ..

yes i agree. prob advertising... i have never heard of this till someone pointed out theres a godzilla near my vested project. but with facilities like heated pool, i wld think with a bit of advertising, units will fly. And honestly ..i like the name. Reminds me of minotaur .. haha .. maybe one will get stuck in the minton like a maze due to the size .. :D

dtrax
23-02-12, 00:06

I would say minton is considered undervalue as compared to the other 2 development and beside there is a busstop beside minton development that goes str8 to Nex

azeoprop
23-02-12, 02:56
Another major flaw with their marketing is the showflat location. Tucked away off site in ulu ubi area. If they had built the showflat at the empty field next to nex mall, sales could fly.

azeoprop
23-02-12, 03:01
90 units sold since price discount started. :scared-5:

ysyap
23-02-12, 05:33
Developer can take their own sweet time to achieve 100% sales. They have another 1.5 to 2 years to TOP. No rush lah... ;) among the few mega size projects across the island, Minton is doing pretty well... :o

kane
23-02-12, 07:16
So when the caveats are lodged, they should have about 150-180 units left?

chanel
23-02-12, 08:10
A friend who was one of the early buyers, sold his 2bedded at a loss after one year as he saw no potential. He didnt wish to wait till TOP to face no buyers or prices diving downward after seeing so many condos out in the market selling like hot cakes and Minton not moving. He blame it on timing & luck as he thought he could make a decent profit for buying Minton at a discount.

devilplate
23-02-12, 08:24
A friend who was one of the early buyers, sold his 2bedded at a loss after one year as he saw no potential. He didnt wish to wait till TOP to face no buyers or prices diving downward after seeing so many condos out in the market selling like hot cakes and Minton not moving. He blame it on timing & luck as he thought he could make a decent profit for buying Minton at a discount.
i tot now the discount bring the price back to preview price???

anyway ur fren is a speculator shdnt buy such a big project wat....shd buy MM project tat can complete within 1-1.5yrs and can flip upon TOP liao.....fast and furious rite anot? wakakaka

graveyard
23-02-12, 08:41

anyway ur fren is a speculator shdnt buy such a big project wat....shd buy MM project tat can complete within 1-1.5yrs and can flip upon TOP liao.....fast and furious rite anot? wakakaka

is renting and collecting $ not an option for ur fren? Or he/she needs to flip because he/she needs the capital back

devilplate
23-02-12, 08:46
is renting and collecting $ not an option for ur fren? Or he/she needs to flip because he/she needs the capital back
not my fren hor.....u quote the wrong person la....wakakakaa

let me answer for chanel? if investor is keen to collect rental, shd hf bot a ready project and collect rental asap wat......rite anot ?

chanel
23-02-12, 08:50

He sold his landed house to buy 2 condos, one for own stay the other to speculate. Now he has a roof + enough cash to spend.

Judging from Business Times report today on Properties 2012, rental in prime districts 9, 10 & 11 have gone down over other districts. Buyers are more popular in districts 19, 15, 23, 10 & 16. Capital appreciation for those who bought in 2010 & sold in 2011 saw better performance in District 19 between 15%-30% likewise with districts 15, 16, 10 & 23. Interestingly, foreign buyers preference of : PRC - District 19, Indians - district 15, Indonesians - District 10.

My friend cashing in on capital gain rather than monthly rentals, therefore he is a speculator.

devilplate
23-02-12, 08:57
He sold his landed house to buy 2 condos, one for own stay the other to speculate. Now he has a roof + enough cash to spend.

My friend cashing in on capital gain rather than monthly rentals, therefore he is a speculator.
ur fren blame it on timing and luck.....NO WAY

he nvr do his homework enough....during tat period if he bot MM projects(u noe which projects on hindsight), oredi make some decent profit liao

if wana flip fast fast....dfie die cannot buy big project......1k+ units....developer surely take longer time to clear.....and if u wana subsale, must wait till developer sold out or increase the px substantially.....

so the trick is to bio sold out fast project and TOP fast fast type to make quick buck.....or bio those subsale tat gona TOP in 1yrs time .......upon TOP can flip flip liao

graveyard
23-02-12, 09:15
not my fren hor.....u quote the wrong person la....wakakakaa

let me answer for chanel? if investor is keen to collect rental, shd hf bot a ready project and collect rental asap wat......rite anot ?

paiseh.. haha. quoted wrongly. what i mean that if his speculative plan goes awry, cant he switch to the option of renting out instead ..while waiting for mkt to pick up and his unit yielding a capital gain that matches to his expectation?

graveyard
23-02-12, 09:16
ur fren blame it on timing and luck.....NO WAY

he nvr do his homework enough....during tat period if he bot MM projects(u noe which projects on hindsight), oredi make some decent profit liao

if wana flip fast fast....dfie die cannot buy big project......1k+ units....developer surely take longer time to clear.....and if u wana subsale, must wait till developer sold out or increase the px substantially.....

so the trick is to bio sold out fast project and TOP fast fast type to make quick buck.....or bio those subsale tat gona TOP in 1yrs time .......upon TOP can flip flip liao

Hmmm ..something to ponder over in property investment. Thanks!

Ilikeu
23-02-12, 09:35

got 4yrs SSD now leh... how to flip flip fast fast to make quick buck...

price
23-02-12, 09:38
got 4yrs SSD now leh... how to flip flip fast fast to make quick buck...

haha bro devil will tell u tats why he stopped since Jan 2011...

devilplate
23-02-12, 09:42
whahahaha

not tat i wana flip fast fast

BUT i simply find it ridiculous to have 4yrs MOP for totally unsubsidized pte ppty......HDB only MOP 5yrs hor......pte pay so much more and yet got 4yrs MOP!!! wat a joke!!!!!

Ilikeu
23-02-12, 09:44

share new strategy lahh... old ones not applicable anymore.

devilplate
23-02-12, 09:46
did i encourage u to buy after Jan 2011?

btw my posting is targeting his fren tat BLAME IT ON TIMING AND LUCK!!! y not blame himself first?

devilplate
23-02-12, 09:47
DONT BUY ANY SG PROPERTY NOW except HDB BTO

price
23-02-12, 09:48
whahahaha

not tat i wana flip fast fast

BUT i simply find it ridiculous to have 4yrs MOP for totally unsubsidized pte ppty......HDB only MOP 5yrs hor......pte pay so much more and yet got 4yrs MOP!!! wat a joke!!!!!

4 years SSD not as bad as HDB MOP which comes only after TOP :doh:

devilplate
23-02-12, 09:48
4 years SSD not as bad as HDB MOP which comes only after TOP :doh:
how about resale hdb? and resale pte?

price
23-02-12, 09:51
how about resale hdb? and resale pte?

hur hur true. then its like a mop:banghead:

Ilikeu
23-02-12, 10:04
DONT BUY ANY SG PROPERTY NOW except HDB BTO

do you have 2, 3 or more ppty onhand now? u must hv offloaded and holding cash and hoping everyone stops buying and then mkt correct significantly, you will then seize the opportunity to buy in.

Ilikeu
23-02-12, 10:06
[quote=devilplate]did i encourage u to buy after Jan 2011?quote]

strategy does not just mean to "buy" and did i also say or hint that u encourage me to buy after Jan 2011?

devilplate
23-02-12, 10:10
do you have 2, 3 or more ppty onhand now? u must hv offloaded and holding cash and hoping everyone stops buying and then mkt correct significantly, you will then seize the opportunity to buy in.
dun start personal la...damn sian one

u ask me for strategy wat

i tell u dun buy any is the best strategy now

devilplate
23-02-12, 10:12
[quote=devilplate]did i encourage u to buy after Jan 2011?quote]

strategy does not just mean to "buy" and did i also say or hint that u encourage me to buy after Jan 2011?
wat toking u.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

nvm la...u so smart and den y ask me for strategy......share ur strategy wif us instead la

Ilikeu
23-02-12, 10:19
dun start personal la...damn sian one

u ask me for strategy wat

i tell u dun buy any is the best strategy now

your first reply tone was personal imo...

devilplate
23-02-12, 10:21
your first reply tone was personal imo...
duno who started it....suddenly pop up saying how to flip fast fast wif 4yrs ssd....

tat time minton launch got 4yrs ssd meh? read thru the postings again without any prejudice

Ilikeu
23-02-12, 10:21
[quote=Ilikeu]
wat toking u.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

nvm la...u so smart and den y ask me for strategy......share ur strategy wif us instead la

one email say dun want get personal and now this email u getting personal... two-face.

devilplate
23-02-12, 10:25
[quote=devilplate]

one email say dun want get personal and now this email u getting personal... two-face.
so how is it tasting ur own medicine?

i like to give back wat ppl gives me....got it?

devilplate
23-02-12, 10:26
damn fffffxxxxxx sianzzzz

suddenly step on some raw nerve
WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

bye and get lost

Ilikeu
23-02-12, 10:26
[quote=Ilikeu]
so how is it tasting ur own medicine?

i like to give back wat ppl gives me....got it?

No, two-face.

price
23-02-12, 10:55
[quote=devilplate]

No, two-face.

Childish. I can't imagine a matured man behind the screen typing like this

ysyap
23-02-12, 10:59
Minton guys is our topic of interest. Not personal attacks... ;)

Ilikeu
23-02-12, 11:09
Minton guys is our topic of interest. Not personal attacks... ;)

Yes, agreed.

Ilikeu
23-02-12, 11:11
[quote=Ilikeu]

Childish. I can't imagine a matured man behind the screen typing like this

Yes, that's childish of me to do that. But it was also not right for anyone to say peace (ie. not to get personal) and then shoots out another consecutive posting 1-2 min later and get even more personal.

new2mondrian
23-02-12, 11:22
My personal view as to why Minton is such a laggard-

1) too many units. FEO/Centrepoint would have done what they did at Bedok Reservoir for The Minton; chop it up into three separate plots, launch the first plot of 400 units at 850psf to achieve quick sellout, launch the second plot of 400units at 1k psf, and launch the last plot of 350 units with exciting stuffs such as SOHO or loft units at 1.2k. Clear all units fast with less facilities.

2) units are too big in today's standards. A studio there is 614 to 700sqft, and studio with PES can even go up to 1k plus sqft. Two bedders are close to 1100sqft. 4 bedders are close to 1700sqft. So even psf is low, total outlay is not. Buyers are focusing on the quantum. People buy based on showflat and floor plan, and not based on psf. The Minton showflat sucks, the flooring is of a greyish color, furnishing does not give the wow factor. Location of showflat is far worse that of the actual site. Advertising is bad.

Being vested at The Minton, I have always felt that minton's potential can only be realized upon TOP. When buyers see the sheer size and liveability of the units, then they can be convinced that even 900psf is a value buy. :)

Ilikeu
23-02-12, 11:27
My personal view as to why Minton is such a laggard-

1) too many units. FEO/Centrepoint would have done what they did at Bedok Reservoir for The Minton; chop it up into three separate plots, launch the first plot of 400 units at 850psf to achieve quick sellout, launch the second plot of 400units at 1k psf, and launch the last plot of 350 units with exciting stuffs such as SOHO or loft units at 1.2k. Clear all units fast with less facilities.

2) units are too big in today's standards. A studio there is 614 to 700sqft, and studio with PES can even go up to 1k plus sqft. Two bedders are close to 1100sqft. 4 bedders are close to 1700sqft. So even psf is low, total outlay is not. Buyers are focusing on the quantum. People buy based on showflat and floor plan, and not based on psf. The Minton showflat sucks, the flooring is of a greyish color, furnishing does not give the wow factor. Location of showflat is far worse that of the actual site. Advertising is bad.

Being vested at The Minton, I have always felt that minton's potential can only be realized upon TOP. When buyers see the sheer size and liveability of the units, then they can be convinced that even 900psf is a value buy. :)

I have not visited Minton as it was not on my preferred list, but I started to pay some interest in it after my friend visited it (again) a few months back and say actually the developer price has increased it slightly. I wonder if the current price (after the discounts) are back to the launch vvip price level...

ysyap
23-02-12, 11:28
Minton is definitely not a laggard when it comes to the rate of construction. Buildings are springing up very quickly... :cheers5:

new2mondrian
23-02-12, 11:42
Minton is definitely not a laggard when it comes to the rate of construction. Buildings are springing up very quickly... :cheers5:
Haha yeah!!!

For me, there are 3 killer-apps for me when it comes to Minton...

1) good sized units with good layouts. Every unit is squarish or rectangular. Well ventilated for all rooms. The blocks are well spaced, so definitely not looking into the unit of another neighbor's for all rooms. 95% of the development are north, south or east facing. Very decent and liveable.

2) huge range of facilities, I cannot find any other condo at this price range or even up to 1.2kpsf that matches up. And the carpark is underground, with real time vacant lots signaling system. With 1150 car park lots, there is one lot per unit.

3) low maintenance costs despite the range of facilities, and proximity to serangoon mrt which is an interchange station. Studio's maintenance fee is $190 per month. Quite affordable considering the facilities available. Given the number of units, the maintenance fees collection will easily be close to 300k per month. The sinking fund to upkeep the facilities in the years ahead will be significant. Also serangoon station is an interchange station for the north east line and circle line. Will have more commercial activity over time, akin to other interchange stations. Ease of transport to all parts of Singapore if one is commuting.

My two cents. :)

azeoprop
23-02-12, 11:44
Well, they better build faster as the land lease started in 2007. Which is similar to waterfront waves and key.

azeoprop
23-02-12, 11:46
I have not visited Minton as it was not on my preferred list, but I started to pay some interest in it after my friend visited it (again) a few months back and say actually the developer price has increased it slightly. I wonder if the current price (after the discounts) are back to the launch vvip price level...

The current price level after the discounts is still slightly higher than the initial launch price. Do note that during the vvip preview on the first 2 days, extra 2% discount was given off the list price.

new2mondrian
23-02-12, 11:56
Well, they better build faster as the land lease started in 2007. Which is similar to waterfront waves and key.

Yup, my folks cannot wait to move in!!! After they saw Minton, moving them anywhere else is unthinkable... Sigh...

august
23-02-12, 12:30
Haha yeah!!!

For me, there are 3 killer-apps for me when it comes to Minton...

1) good sized units with good layouts. Every unit is squarish or rectangular. Well ventilated for all rooms. The blocks are well spaced, so definitely not looking into the unit of another neighbor's for all rooms. 95% of the development are north, south or east facing. Very decent and liveable.

2) huge range of facilities, I cannot find any other condo at this price range or even up to 1.2kpsf that matches up. And the carpark is underground, with real time vacant lots signaling system. With 1150 car park lots, there is one lot per unit.

3) low maintenance costs despite the range of facilities, and proximity to serangoon mrt which is an interchange station. Studio's maintenance fee is $190 per month. Quite affordable considering the facilities available. Given the number of units, the maintenance fees collection will easily be close to 300k per month. The sinking fund to upkeep the facilities in the years ahead will be significant. Also serangoon station is an interchange station for the north east line and circle line. Will have more commercial activity over time, akin to other interchange stations. Ease of transport to all parts of Singapore if one is commuting.

My two cents. :)

Interlace fits the bill too, and is at a better location. :o

price
23-02-12, 12:59

With a much higher price tag

new2mondrian
23-02-12, 13:42
I checked out Interlace before. Not cheap leh. At least $1250psf for the smaller units 807sqft ones during Q1 2010.

And not all interlace units have good layouts. Quite a number have odd shaped dining and/or kitchen or bedroom that are triangular shaped.

price
23-02-12, 13:52
I checked out Interlace before. Not cheap leh. At least $1250psf for the smaller units 807sqft ones during Q1 2010.

And not all interlace units have good layouts. Quite a number have odd shaped dining and/or kitchen or bedroom that are triangular shaped.

But i must say it looks amazing!

new2mondrian
23-02-12, 13:57
But i must say it looks amazing!
Haha yeah! Agree.

To ask my spouse to co-share in a 1mil unit for my parents to live out their days at Interlace as opposed to a $500k plus unit at the Minton is a world of difference. Cannot bring myself to do it, though yes, interlace would have been much more ideal. :) there's a price to everything in life. :)

price
23-02-12, 14:03
Haha yeah! Agree.

To ask my spouse to co-share in a 1mil unit for my parents to live out their days at Interlace as opposed to a $500k plus unit at the Minton is a world of difference. Cannot bring myself to do it, though yes, interlace would have been much more ideal. :) there's a price to everything in life. :)

ahaha yes! if there're still units available here for 500k i'll grab 1!

mc_007
23-02-12, 16:27
anyone know how many units are left? are they increasing their price?

What I understand is that they already break-even when they sold 50% of the units..

new2mondrian
23-02-12, 18:30
anyone know how many units are left? are they increasing their price?

What I understand is that they already break-even when they sold 50% of the units..

When Kheng Leong won the tender for Minton Rise condo's enbloc, analysts projected that they will make a decent profit by selling 1000 units at $750psf. The developers launched 1145 units at average of $850psf. So what do you think??? They have made a pile...

Dunno how many units left though. Didn't bother to track.

testtest
23-02-12, 22:53
http://MyParcVera.com/

this one priced to sell will affect this?

Where is king kong????

kane
24-02-12, 07:35
The 1300+psf for the 3 bedders and the 4 bedders are of good sizes. Very liveable.

ysyap
24-02-12, 07:49
The 1300+psf for the 3 bedders and the 4 bedders are of good sizes. Very liveable.Unfortunately all 4 bedders are sold out... subsale market is the only option. :sleep:

kane
24-02-12, 07:52
Other projects small unit sell oit first. This project bigger units sell out first.

graveyard
24-02-12, 07:52
The 1300+psf for the 3 bedders and the 4 bedders are of good sizes. Very liveable.
The Big units čost So much? High psf

ysyap
24-02-12, 07:57
The Big units čost So much? High psfNot really high psf in today's context lah... but yes its quite expensive though... lots of baywindows to go along... :rolleyes:

kane
24-02-12, 08:01
The Big units čost So much? High psf

Take kovan residences and clover for example a 4 bedder sells for about $2m. New projects 4 bedder also sell at about $1.3-$1.4m. Then comparing the 3 bedder. Its comparables selling for about $1.4m, new one smaller 3 bedders selling 1.1m to $1.2m so the price isn't that far off.

Ilikeu
24-02-12, 08:51
Not really high psf in today's context lah... but yes its quite expensive though... lots of baywindows to go along... :rolleyes:

Is it reasonable to assume bay windows take up about 10% of the floor area? hmm.... maybe we should then should apply a 110% to the psf to covert the psf to an "equivalent" psf to one that does not have any bay window.

Worsty
24-02-12, 09:08
Minton is ideal for self stay but not so much for investment purposes. I believe, it's one of the few new development that have space and privacy like the older ones.

mcmlxxvi
24-02-12, 13:24
Minton is ideal for self stay but not so much for investment purposes. I believe, it's one of the few new development that have space and privacy like the older ones.
I dont agree on the privacy. Surrounded by public housing plus so so so so so many units in the development. Maybe privacy in the sense that ah long will also have trouble finding your block provided can get in in the first place...

devilplate
24-02-12, 13:36
I dont agree on the privacy. Surrounded by public housing plus so so so so so many units in the development. Maybe privacy in the sense that ah long will also have trouble finding your block provided can get in in the first place...
Not suitable for singles and couples without kids.....the pool area and gym etc will be a madhouse!

Very goodie for family man....their kids and maid enjoys more....wakakaka

fclim
24-02-12, 13:57

Minton not so high leh. Unless u referring to Interlace. Minton 4 bedders 1,755 sq ft only about $860 psf wat. Quantum ard $1.5M for high floor units. 3 bedder ard $950 psf quantum ard $1.3 M.

kane
24-02-12, 14:00
Minton not so high leh. Unless u referring to Interlace. Minton 4 bedders 1,755 sq ft only about $860 psf wat. Quantum ard $1.5M for high floor units. 3 bedder ard $950 psf quantum ard $1.3 M.

Pai seh i meant sqft rather than psf. Ha.

ysyap
24-02-12, 14:04
Minton not so high leh. Unless u referring to Interlace. Minton 4 bedders 1,755 sq ft only about $860 psf wat. Quantum ard $1.5M for high floor units. 3 bedder ard $950 psf quantum ard $1.3 M.Since all 4 bedders are sold out, subsale market has full monopoly of similar sales. Sky's the limit then... Only question remains, which buyer will bite. Hmmm... :sleep:

fclim
24-02-12, 14:11
Pai seh i meant sqft rather than psf. Ha.

Hehe..anyway want oso no more liao. Not many people aware got Delhi Public School nearby. It's a top Indian International school, about 2,000 students or so. Perhaps got some rental potential...

mcmlxxvi
24-02-12, 14:29
Not suitable for singles and couples without kids.....the pool area and gym etc will be a madhouse!

Very goodie for family man....their kids and maid enjoys more....wakakaka
Ya. Dont need to bring to Orchard shopping trips and can mingle with neighbour kids to build their social skills. But probably limited to dont play rough and dont bully others or pull their trunks down sort of social skills la kakakakaka

azeoprop
24-02-12, 15:53
Update 24th Feb 2012. :)

chrisop
24-02-12, 18:07
Is it reasonable to assume bay windows take up about 10% of the floor area? hmm.... maybe we should then should apply a 110% to the psf to covert the psf to an "equivalent" psf to one that does not have any bay window.

10% is an overstatement. Probably about 5%. :)

Even if convert the psf to an "equivalent" psf of 110%, the psf is still relatively cheaper than most of the new developments. :cheers4:

silverswirl
24-02-12, 18:08

thanks very much azeoprop!

chrisop
24-02-12, 18:12

Thanks Azeoprop for the photos.

Finally they are building my unit! :) :cheers4:

fclim
26-02-12, 23:20

Thanks azeoprop for the pics. :)

new2mondrian
27-02-12, 01:43
Thanks Azeoprop! I always look forward to your pics!

kane
27-02-12, 07:42
Since all 4 bedders are sold out, subsale market has full monopoly of similar sales. Sky's the limit then... Only question remains, which buyer will bite. Hmmm... :sleep:

Those who will pay 2m for a 4 bed at kovan residences or others in the vicinity will be your target.

price
27-02-12, 07:52
Those who will pay 2m for a 4 bed at kovan residences or others in the vicinity will be your target.

I'd say 4 bedders are for huge families and Minton is definitely more ideal than KR

kane
27-02-12, 08:13
3 kids and 1 maid is about the right nucleas for a 4 bedder. Some who want the luxury of space would do it with 2 kids and 1 maid.

price
27-02-12, 08:15
3 kids and 1 maid is about the right nucleas for a 4 bedder. Some who want the luxury of space would do it with 2 kids and 1 maid.

I love those penthouse 4 bedders like Wee Hur's Urban residences. amazing size and layout.

mcmlxxvi
27-02-12, 10:31
Bro azeo caught two of the workers slacking! Muahaha

ysyap
27-02-12, 11:08
Those who will pay 2m for a 4 bed at kovan residences or others in the vicinity will be your target.Me looking to buy, not sell so not targeting this group of rich people... :D

ysyap
27-02-12, 11:11
3 kids and 1 maid is about the right nucleas for a 4 bedder. Some who want the luxury of space would do it with 2 kids and 1 maid.Agreed! 3 kids plus 1 maid ideal for 4 bedders... Otherwise 3 bedders also can but maid must sleep in HS... :p

dtrax
27-02-12, 14:10
so minton gd buy? 800+psf LH vs 1.2-1.3k psf FH Urban Resi/Suites @ PL

new2mondrian
28-02-12, 10:12
so minton gd buy? 800+psf LH vs 1.2-1.3k psf FH Urban Resi/Suites @ PL
Good buy for self stay.... Not good buy for rental cos units are big (which means quantum is not small). When it comes to rental, a two bedder of 600sqft is a two bedder; a two bedder of 1100sqft is also a two bedder.

But over long term, this is not necessarily bad. A condo full of self staying residents is good for the overall upkeep and environment; as opposed to a condo full of tenants. Though the first AGM will likely be a thousand-men affair. Haha. Counting of votes will be a challenge. Rofl. Guess the indoor badminton court will be ideal for hosting this. :)

azeoprop
28-02-12, 10:46
Wait the AGM got 3 parties eying on the seats.
Minton North SMC (blk12 and 14)
Minton Central SMC (blk 10) and
Minton South SMC (blk 2, 6, 8)

:scared-1:

ysyap
28-02-12, 11:36
Wait the AGM got 3 parties eying on the seats.
Minton North SMC (blk12 and 14)
Minton Central SMC (blk 10) and
Minton South SMC (blk 2, 6, 8)

:scared-1:Make that 5 parties... Minton East and Minton West also... Lol! :D

edwinleeap
28-02-12, 17:39
Make that 5 parties... Minton East and Minton West also... Lol! :D

Yup. Minton East and West are people staying in the HDB flats who bought minton to rent out.

kane
28-02-12, 18:37
Yup. Minton East and West are people staying in the HDB flats who bought minton to rent out.

What about the landed guys on both sides?

edwinleeap
28-02-12, 19:12
What about the landed guys on both sides?

They belong to single ward SMC?

new2mondrian
28-02-12, 23:27
Haha very funny... Woah liddat will be really interesting as to how the votes turn out!

But seriously, being the MC of such a huge condo really no joke. Diverse mix of interests and people of different social strata, vintage and opinions to look after. Hard to find anyone having the time, patience and experience to do the role well. :)

heutistmeintag
29-02-12, 08:28
Must have regional sub committee. LOL

fclim
29-02-12, 14:45
Haha very funny... Woah liddat will be really interesting as to how the votes turn out!

But seriously, being the MC of such a huge condo really no joke. Diverse mix of interests and people of different social strata, vintage and opinions to look after. Hard to find anyone having the time, patience and experience to do the role well. :)

Yup. You need good management skills not just because of the huge population, but also because you will be handling large sums of monies of about $3M per year from the maintenance fees collected. Need people of high integrity..like Ministerial calibre to form the "Cabinet". So must pay high high to attract good people. hahahahohoho..

azeoprop
29-02-12, 19:27
Yet another 1 bedder sub sale! :D

THE MINTON HOUGANG STREET 11 Condominium 1 780,000 700 Strata 1,115 Jan-12

kane
29-02-12, 20:03
Looks like a ground floor unit. Did the 1st owner made or lose money. Any subsale of 4 bedders so far?

azeoprop
29-02-12, 23:22
Looks like a ground floor unit. Did the 1st owner made or lose money. Any subsale of 4 bedders so far?

Erm...700sqft is a normal 1 bedder. Its either stacks 48, 51 or 52. Most probably made a big amt of money. The most expensive 700sqft 1 bedder during launch was only 680k+.

new2mondrian
29-02-12, 23:57
Yup. You need good management skills not just because of the huge population, but also because you will be handling large sums of monies of about $3M per year from the maintenance fees collected. Need people of high integrity..like Ministerial calibre to form the "Cabinet". So must pay high high to attract good people. hahahahohoho..

Give and take another 10 years, the dinking fund will be one tidy sum! Better make sure there are adequate controls to ensure no one absconds eith the $$$! Hahhahaa...

new2mondrian
29-02-12, 23:59

Woah, this fellow pay another $100k more can buy a 1087sqft 2-bedder liao...

dtrax
01-03-12, 00:05
this one on mid-high flr:

THE MINTON 10D Hougang Street 11 #12-51 1 65 Strata 780,000 12000 1115 20-JAN-2012 Condominium 99 Yrs From 27/07/2007 Uncompleted Sub Sale HDB 19 53 534076 North East Region Hougang

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7189/6941489117_4731872b7d.jpg

dtrax
01-03-12, 00:06
Woah, this fellow pay another $100k more can buy a 1087sqft 2-bedder liao...

yup but 10 flrs lower:

THE MINTON 12 Hougang Street 11 #02-54 1 101 Strata 885,400 8766 814 06-FEB-2012 Condominium 99 Yrs From 27/07/2007 Uncompleted New Sale Private 19 53 534075 North East Region Hougang

dtrax
01-03-12, 00:08

THE MINTON 10D Hougang Street 11 #12-51 1 65 Strata 637,000 9800 910 19-AUG-2010 Condominium 99 Yrs From 27/07/2007 Uncompleted New Sale HDB 19 53 534076 North East Region Hougang

THE MINTON 10D Hougang Street 11 #12-51 1 65 Strata 780,000 12000 1115 20-JAN-2012 Condominium 99 Yrs From 27/07/2007 Uncompleted Sub Sale HDB 19 53 534076 North East Region Hougang

Gross about 140k+ excluding stamp duty etc...

azeoprop
01-03-12, 00:11
THE MINTON 10D Hougang Street 11 #12-51 1 65 Strata 637,000 9800 910 19-AUG-2010 Condominium 99 Yrs From 27/07/2007 Uncompleted New Sale HDB 19 53 534076 North East Region Hougang

Gross about 140k+ excluding stamp duty etc...

Wow! Great profit! Thanks for the details! :cheers5:

fclim
01-03-12, 00:31

I think most of the 4 bedders bot after 30 Aug 2010. So, kenna the 3 yrs and 4 yrs SSD.

kane
01-03-12, 07:30
I think most of the 4 bedders bot after 30 Aug 2010. So, kenna the 3 yrs and 4 yrs SSD.

I thought there were quite a few 4 beds facing the water feature and bridge sold durimg the initial launch?

fclim
01-03-12, 09:15
I thought there were quite a few 4 beds facing the water feature and bridge sold durimg the initial launch?

From URA caveats, perhaps a couple, maybe 10 or so. The smaller 4 beds (without the 2nd balcony) were released later. It would be good to gauge the resale value of the 4 bedders, but guess most of them bot for own stay.

HuatArh
02-03-12, 13:21

Thank you for your contributions to this thread! Great pictures on the progress of the construction. :D

edwinleeap
05-03-12, 17:37
Posted on "the_minton.net" :

Already 1000 units SOLD, last 145 units. Grab one while unit last!

Seems like the 3 bedders premium are gone, leaving a few 3 bedders standard left. Guess Minton will sell out very soon. Full steam to TOP!

Just
05-03-12, 17:42
Posted on "the_minton.net" :

Already 1000 units SOLD, last 145 units. Grab one while unit last!

Seems like the 3 bedders premium are gone, leaving a few 3 bedders standard left. Guess Minton will sell out very soon. Full steam to TOP!

Wow! TOP when?

edwinleeap
05-03-12, 17:53
2013 I hope!

Condoboy
05-03-12, 18:03
Went to see Minton before I purchased also. Psf is very reasonable. Floor area of the units also very big. Think their official TOP is early 2014.

Just
05-03-12, 18:39
Went to see Minton before I purchased also. Psf is very reasonable. Floor area of the units also very big. Think their official TOP is early 2014.

Oh... But 1000 units right?
Big project wor.

I never been to see this project cos not looking at housing area too... Hehe :)

I die die must go SK area lah.

ysyap
05-03-12, 19:53
Went to see Minton before I purchased also. Psf is very reasonable. Floor area of the units also very big. Think their official TOP is early 2014.It is big indeed but remember it has blocks of baywindows to go with the units... :cheers6:

edwinleeap
05-03-12, 20:52
It is big indeed but remember it has blocks of baywindows to go with the units... :cheers6:

Looking at many new projects without bay windows, I start to appreciate the existence of bay windows. Many projects simply have smaller rooms some even smaller than those with bay windows. Makes the room feel very cooped up.

Attachment compares a typical common bedroom of Minton with a typical common bedroom of a recently launch project. Guess days of big bedrooms are over.

kane
05-03-12, 21:34
the room sizes of the new launches are getting smaller indeed.

azeoprop
05-03-12, 21:57
Except Fraser Centerpoint projects, their Boathouse residences and the upcoming Palm isle have proper sized bedrooms.

:)

kane
05-03-12, 22:01
Except Fraser Centerpoint projects, their Boathouse residences and the upcoming Palm isle have proper sized bedrooms.

where is palm isle. actually keppel land room sizes quite decent too.

azeoprop
05-03-12, 22:04
http://www.condo-palmisles.com/about_palm_isles

Its at Flora drive, strictly for the east people only haa haa... :rolleyes:

kane
05-03-12, 22:06
flora is east in the east. their townhouses may draw some interest.

Condoboy
05-03-12, 22:20
where is palm isle. actually keppel land room sizes quite decent too.
Keppel land project not necessary big. I quote Luxurie in Sengkang, the rooms are damn small... The whole unit is much smaller than most new condo nowadays... But Tats for Luxurie which I've seen. Haven't seen their other projects though. :)

fclim
05-03-12, 22:36
the room sizes of the new launches are getting smaller indeed.

But balconies and aircon ledges getting bigger, haha.

kane
05-03-12, 22:47
But balconies and aircon ledges getting bigger, haha.
Balcony can still use but ledge is useless.

fclim
06-03-12, 11:19
Balcony can still use but ledge is useless.

yeah yeah. Super big balconies for drying your laundry to screen off your "super near neighbour" prying eyes opposite.:D

silverswirl
06-03-12, 11:46
yeah yeah. Super big balconies for drying your laundry to screen off your "super near neighbour" prying eyes opposite.:D

at least the distance between blocks at the minton is pretty decent (i don't think you get this anymore!), so there is a fair bit of privacy and your neighbours aren't too close for comfort. :)

fclim
06-03-12, 11:58
at least the distance between blocks at the minton is pretty decent (i don't think you get this anymore!), so there is a fair bit of privacy and your neighbours aren't too close for comfort. :)

Yup. I wasn't referring to The Minton which has comparatively good, wide vistas. Very hard to find this nowadays cos GLS land area always so small. Only big collective land sales can afford such a luxury, but these are also very rare nowadays. Could also be a minus point for minton since harder to enbloc next time. But, what the heck, devil will say I think too far liao. Policies can change anytime. hahaha.

kane
06-03-12, 21:40
831 out of 1145 units sold.

price
06-03-12, 21:43
831 out of 1145 units sold.

Wow 314 more is like the number of some new launches to go

kane
06-03-12, 21:47
I was looking at their caveats lodged. It seems that Feb 2012 only has 2 lodged. How many units did they recently sell during that 5%promo thing.

fclim
06-03-12, 21:50
I was looking at their caveats lodged. It seems that Feb 2012 only has 2 lodged. How many units did they recently sell during that 5%promo thing.

In earlier thread. I thot edwinleeap mentioned 1000 units sold? http://www.the-minton.net/

azeoprop
06-03-12, 21:51
I think many sales not logged yet. Soon u will see a whole list of Feb2012 entries...haa haa.

;)

kane
06-03-12, 21:58
Ha, the sell koyok website. But if they did sell 1000, that's a huge achievement, that's like selling 2 big projects or 3 mid size projects.

fclim
06-03-12, 22:06
Ha, the sell koyok website. But if they did sell 1000, that's a huge achievement, that's like selling 2 big projects or 3 mid size projects.

Actually, I quite like his website. Gives regular updates, unlike Kheng Leong. Nothing from their website. At least, there should be some construction updates, news, sales achieved etc. It's free advert. In terms of marketing, KL loses out to pros like FEO, CDL.

kane
07-03-12, 06:02
Actually, I quite like his website. Gives regular updates, unlike Kheng Leong. Nothing from their website. At least, there should be some construction updates, news, sales achieved etc. It's free advert. In terms of marketing, KL loses out to pros like FEO, CDL.

I rather unprofessional marketing and modest pricing than sky high price and professional marketing. Ha.

fclim
07-03-12, 07:33
I rather unprofessional marketing and modest pricing than sky high price and professional marketing. Ha.

True. Somebody has to pay for it.

kane
07-03-12, 07:37
True. Somebody has to pay for it.

At the end of the day, the final offering is fairly homogeneous. You won't have grohe taps and very fine finishing.

fclim
07-03-12, 07:41
At the end of the day, the final offering is fairly homogeneous. You won't have grohe taps and very fine finishing.

Minton got grohe taps, not hansgrohe, but grohe. Still better than no name brand.

kane
07-03-12, 07:45
Minton got grohe taps, not hansgrohe, but grohe. Still better than no name brand.
Oh? Didn't even notice. Ha.

azeoprop
07-03-12, 09:37
"The Minton offers quality fitting and fixtures such as the German renowned brand, “Grohe” wares and fittings, and “Electrolux” kitchen appliances"

http://www.uob.com.sg/personal/loans/property/property_launch_the-minton.html

azeoprop
15-03-12, 13:15
Top selling projects for Feb 2012.
Parc Rosewood 380
Guillemard Edge 275
Twin Waterfalls (EC) 257
Tampines Trilliant (EC) 187
Rainforest (EC) 186
Watertown 182
Bartley Resi 174
Casa Cambio 155
Riversound 126
Minton 116 :scared-4:
Palette 102
Hillier 90
Austville (EC) 57
Nautical 52
Thomson Grand 51
Archipelago 43
Centra Residence 36
Bedok Rei 33
Cardiff Resi 28
Treescape 25
Parc Vera 22
Waterview 22
Luxurie 21
Nottinghill Suites 21
Arc at Tampines (EC) 20
Terrasse 18
Boathouse 17
Aspen Linq 17
Suites at bukit timah 16
Blossom Resi (EC) 14
Euhabitat 14
Suites @ Paya Lebar 14
Treasure Trove 13
Greenwich 13
Seawind 11

bargain hunter
15-03-12, 13:28
yup. the other projects are dragging minton along.

Parc Rosewood 380
Guillemard Edge 275
Twin Waterfalls (EC) 257
Rainforest (EC) 186
Watertown 182
Bartley Resi 174
Casa Cambio 155
Riversound 126
Palette 102
Hillier 90
Austville (EC) 57
Nautical 52
Thomson Grand 51
Archipelago 43
Centra Residence 36
Bedok Rei 33
Cardiff Resi 28
Treescape 25
Parc Vera 22
Waterview 22
Luxurie 21
Nottinghill Suites 21
Arc at Tampines (EC) 20
Terrasse 18
Boathouse 17
Aspen Linq 17
Suites at bukit timah 16
Blossom Resi (EC) 14
Euhabitat 14
Suites @ Paya Lebar 14
Treasure Trove 13
Greenwich 13
Seawind 11

price
15-03-12, 13:58
Parc Rosewood 380
Guillemard Edge 275
Twin Waterfalls (EC) 257
Rainforest (EC) 186
Watertown 182
Bartley Resi 174
Casa Cambio 155
Riversound 126
Palette 102
Hillier 90
Austville (EC) 57
Nautical 52
Thomson Grand 51
Archipelago 43
Centra Residence 36
Bedok Rei 33
Cardiff Resi 28
Treescape 25
Parc Vera 22
Waterview 22
Luxurie 21
Nottinghill Suites 21
Arc at Tampines (EC) 20
Terrasse 18
Boathouse 17
Aspen Linq 17
Suites at bukit timah 16
Blossom Resi (EC) 14
Euhabitat 14
Suites @ Paya Lebar 14
Treasure Trove 13
Greenwich 13
Seawind 11

Wow looks buyers really flock in when boutique projects advertise on papers.

Centra Resi, Treeescape Casa Cambio GE :eek:

kane
15-03-12, 14:09
Another 1000+ units excluding EC sold in Feb eh?

edwinleeap
15-03-12, 14:16
Another 1000+ units excluding EC sold in Feb eh?

2413 to be exact. Exclude EC.

fclim
15-03-12, 16:10
yup. the other projects are dragging minton along.

Why? I thot it's minton dragging some buyers away from the other projects.

ysyap
15-03-12, 16:14
Why? I thot it's minton dragging some buyers away from the other projects.Chicken and egg argument! :sleep:

price
15-03-12, 16:17
Guys, was looking at the 2+1 bedder layout. Is it possible to use the +1 as another room? Or is that a huge baywindow?

kane
15-03-12, 16:40
Guys, was looking at the 2+1 bedder layout. Is it possible to use the +1 as another room? Or is that a huge baywindow?

Why don't just get one of the smaller 3 bedders? Don't fall prey to this mm trend.

Saw the latest number. Under 200 units left.

ysyap
15-03-12, 16:42
Why don't just get one of the smaller 3 bedders? Don't fall prey to this mm trend.

Saw the latest number. Under 200 units left.Any 3 bedders left?

price
15-03-12, 16:45

Quantum cheaper ma.

Because i've got a friend who bought this, planning on using the study as a room for his kid.

ysyap
15-03-12, 16:54
Quantum cheaper ma.

Because i've got a friend who bought this, planning on using the study as a room for his kid.Common practise by many who bought the +1 units in this project. ;)

azeoprop
15-03-12, 17:11
The bedrooms of MM projects nowadays smaller than this study room haa haa...:p

price
15-03-12, 17:12
Common practise by many who bought the +1 units in this project. ;)

But is it possible to squeeze a single bed given the huge bay window?

kane
15-03-12, 17:14
Any 3 bedders left?

don't know...

The study is a very compact area. Probably like maid's room size that sort.

azeoprop
15-03-12, 17:15

947 units sold out of 1145 units. 198 units left. :)

kane
15-03-12, 17:15
But is it possible to squeeze a single bed given the huge bay window?

Go google "minton floor plan singaporeexpat", i think it has no bay window.

price
15-03-12, 17:17
i know the 3 Premiums are sold out. i still find the planters + BW a turnoff :(

kane
15-03-12, 17:24
i know the 3 Premiums are sold out. i still find the planters + BW a turnoff :(

A lot of people putting wooden decking over planter to extend the spaces of their balcony. I prefer the smaller 3 bedder facing the pools.

price
15-03-12, 17:26
A lot of people putting wooden decking over planter to extend the spaces of their balcony. I prefer the smaller 3 bedder facing the pools.

Can u pour cement into the planters? lol

azeoprop
15-03-12, 17:32
If we are unable to install invisible grills, I think it is best to leave the planters sunken so that children are not able to climb over the railings. :scared-3:

kane
15-03-12, 17:33
Can u pour cement into the planters? lol

Mgt will ask you can you remove the cement and restore it back to original state when you sell? Lol.

kane
15-03-12, 17:34
If we are unable to install invisible grills, I think it is best to leave the planters sunken so that children are not able to climb over the railings. :scared-3:

So this project confirm already cannot plant invisi grills?

azeoprop
15-03-12, 17:36
So this project confirm already cannot plant invisi grills?

dunno yet though...:beats-me-man:

price
15-03-12, 17:36
Mgt will ask you can you remove the cement and restore it back to original state when you sell? Lol.

How to revert that? lol. Hack the entire block of cement off and build a brand new planter?

Actually the new owner may be more please with the bigger balcony space!

kane
15-03-12, 18:16
Aiyah, just lay wooden decking over the planter and entire balcony like what some people in the other development are doing. Problem solved.

ysyap
15-03-12, 20:39
Can u pour cement into the planters? lolNot sure if planter boxes can sustain the loading from cement...

azeoprop
15-03-12, 21:02
Looks like their 5% price cut is indeed sucessful to bring Minton up to No7 of the monthly sales chart. :p

The only project to hit the monthly top 10 chart again almost 2 years after its initial release. :rolleyes:

kane
15-03-12, 21:30
Looks like their 5% price cut is indeed sucessful to bring Minton up to No7 of the monthly sales chart. :p

The only project to hit the monthly top 10 chart again almost 2 years after its initial release. :rolleyes:

Keep the 5% there for another month and they might have a chance to stay on the charts.

ysyap
15-03-12, 22:10
Keep the 5% there for another month and they might have a chance to stay on the charts.Actually no need to rush to sell the remaining units... another 2 yrs to TOP... slowly sell lor... :cool:

fclim
15-03-12, 23:04
Any 3 bedders left?

Left two units according to http://www.the-minton.net/

Given that the quantum is not really that low, esp for the 3 bedders and 3 premiums, what could be the reason for the high sales in Feb? Cannot be just due to the discount which is not much?:beats-me-man:

And yes, no cement cover for planters. Otherwise, entire condo cannot get CSC, you will be liable.

kane
15-03-12, 23:52
This is the few project where the bigger units sell out faster than the smaller unit.

Comparing with the resale around the area, it's one of those where there isn't a premium given that it's new build. Maybe that's what motivated the feb buyers.

ysyap
16-03-12, 06:18
Feb, the start of a new life for Minton? :rolleyes:

fclim
16-03-12, 09:35
This is the few project where the bigger units sell out faster than the smaller unit.

Comparing with the resale around the area, it's one of those where there isn't a premium given that it's new build. Maybe that's what motivated the feb buyers.

Minton more for own stay rather than investment, given the comprehensive facilities available. So bigger units move faster, I guess.

price
16-03-12, 09:49
Minton more for own stay rather than investment, given the comprehensive facilities available. So bigger units move faster, I guess.

Yep, a colleague of mine downgraded from 4 bedder to a 2+1 bedder in minton just for the hot spring and nursery :doh:

kane
16-03-12, 09:52
Yep, a colleague of mine downgraded from 4 bedder to a 2+1 bedder in minton just for the hot spring and nursery :doh:

I heard an older chap thinking of moving from landed to 4 bedder at minton for retirement. Cos he finds his current place getting harder to maintain with age.

price
16-03-12, 10:13
I heard an older chap thinking of moving from landed to 4 bedder at minton for retirement. Cos he finds his current place getting harder to maintain with age.

Yea, an agent shared with me that was a whole lot of Penthouses sold to a grp of Indonesian friends whos preparing for retirement.

kane
16-03-12, 10:49
Yea, an agent shared with me that was a whole lot of Penthouses sold to a grp of Indonesian friends whos preparing for retirement.

Looks like it's becoming a retirement village.

ysyap
16-03-12, 11:57
Looks like it's becoming a retirement village.So during weekends, pools will be crowded with children and thinking to avoid this crowd, you go to the pool during weekday late morning and horror of horror, find it equally crowded with retirees... :doh: :cool:

kane
16-03-12, 12:21
Good for retirees where their grown up children are too busy with their own families.

fclim
16-03-12, 12:51

The nursery is really very good and convenient for couples with young children.

price
16-03-12, 14:07
The nursery is really very good and convenient for couples with young children.

But its not free like a facility. Just that the nursery is within the premises of the condo thats all.

Many nurseries around these days no?

fclim
16-03-12, 14:25
But its not free like a facility. Just that the nursery is within the premises of the condo thats all.

Many nurseries around these days no?

True. But easier for maid or the old folks to pick up the children after school. Otherwise, many times got to rush home from work to fetch the children at the appropriate time. Very stressful. Some nurseries impose a fine (like $10 for every 10 mins) for late pickup.:tongue3:

price
16-03-12, 14:41
True. But easier for maid or the old folks to pick up the children after school. Otherwise, many times got to rush home from work to fetch the children at the appropriate time. Very stressful. Some nurseries impose a fine (like $10 for every 10 mins) for late pickup.:tongue3:

FYI, it was sold to the public. The management can't control the quality of the nursery. These days, kiasu parents all sending their children to "branded" nurseries.

kane
16-03-12, 14:48
to shuttling between home and pre-school centres on a daily basis is a very tiring affair. decided to try out the driver role when I was on leave. rather go back to work.

price
16-03-12, 14:51
to shuttling between home and pre-school centres on a daily basis is a very tiring affair. decided to try out the driver role when I was on leave. rather go back to work.

Haha but dont u think its amusing to choose a condo just for a nursery? okay maybe i need to be a parent to understand this. Honestly these days parents aint even sending kids to PAP kindergarten anymore.

I heard those famous kindergartens cost as much as $20k for the entire course. like getting a degree man

ysyap
16-03-12, 14:57

Many nurseries around these days no?Not too sure about these days but in days to come, govt had promised to build some few hundred more nurseries to meet rising demands... and to cut down on Singaporean's reliance on maids... :cool:

kane
16-03-12, 15:00
Haha but dont u think its amusing to choose a condo just for a nursery? okay maybe i need to be a parent to understand this. Honestly these days parents aint even sending kids to PAP kindergarten anymore.

I heard those famous kindergartens cost as much as $20k for the entire course. like getting a degree man

wait till you have more than 1 kid, you cannot finish counting the money that you'll spend on them. I spent $35k on one kid, the next one on track to spend another $35k. These are the fees before hitting Primary 1.

if anyone is to consider minton, they should be thinking that they want a unit that isn't going the same direction as most other developments, i.e. the smaller route. if they want the norm nowadays, there are plenty other options available and some even more convenient in terms of mrt proximity.

the sizes are probably similar to those units designed between 1998-2003.

ysyap
16-03-12, 15:03
wait till you have more than 1 kid, you cannot finish counting the money that you'll spend on them. I spent $35k on one kid, the next one on track to spend another $35k. These are the fees before hitting Primary 1.

if anyone is to consider minton, they should be thinking that they want a unit that isn't going the same direction as most other developments, i.e. the smaller route. if they want the norm nowadays, there are plenty other options available and some even more convenient in terms of mrt proximity.

the sizes are probably similar to those units designed between 1998-2003.PCs built in 1998 don't have much baywindows, right? Minton has plenty. Or are you referring to HDB designs? :rolleyes:

Btw, why do you bother to calculate how much you spend on your kid before P1? Impressive that you could derive at that figure... hmmm... Don't think I'll have the time to list down everything. I think I'll definitely miss many things... Surely you cannot calculate how much that kid ate for 6 years, right?

fclim
16-03-12, 15:05

It may be amusing to you, but maybe not your friend. Guess your friend must be very tired shuttling between work and the nursery everyday or he has heard of horror stories. People buy for all sorts of reasons, near parents, schools and maybe next time, branded nurseries.

One branded kindergarten in Bt Timah is so popular. But the affiliated primary school is not doing that well in recent PSLEs. Last year, none of their students was even in the top 10.

ysyap
16-03-12, 15:06
It may be amusing to you, but maybe not your friend. Guess your friend must be very tired shuttling between work and the nursery everyday or he has heard of horror stories. People buy for all sorts of reasons, near parents, schools and maybe next time, branded nurseries.

One branded kindergarten in Bt Timah is so popular. But the affiliated primary school is not doing that well in recent PSLEs. Last year, none of their students was even in the top 10.A seasoned concerned parent talking... :)

price
16-03-12, 15:07

WHAT!? 35k!? i hope he's a prodigy now. I only been through cheap PAP kindergarten under my HDB block

price
16-03-12, 15:10

One branded kindergarten in Bt Timah is so popular. But the affiliated primary school is not doing that well in recent PSLEs. Last year, none of their students was even in the top 10.

Seriously the amount of $ parents spend on their kids these days is :scared-1: But i'll be a kiasu parent 1 day too! haha.

Yes agreed. To each his own. people buy into different projects for various reasons.

kane
16-03-12, 15:10
PCs built in 1998 don't have much baywindows, right? Minton has plenty. Or are you referring to HDB designs? :rolleyes:

Btw, why do you bother to calculate how much you spend on your kid before P1? Impressive that you could derive at that figure... hmmm... Don't think I'll have the time to list down everything. I think I'll definitely miss many things... Surely you cannot calculate how much that kid ate for 6 years, right?

nett off the baywindow space, the internal space is still of that era.

oh no ah, those are only the school fees, very easy to calculate, annual fees x 4 only mah. I didn't bother including all the others yet. those are too time consuming to calculate.

ysyap
16-03-12, 15:11
Seriously the amount of $ parents spend on their kids these days is :scared-1: But i'll be a kiasu parent 1 day too! haha.

Yes agreed. To each his own. people buy into different projects for various reasons.Cost are rising like nobody's business these days... not our mistakes as parents...

fclim
16-03-12, 15:15

I think that is one reason for buying minton now. Having seen how small some of the newer developments are, they begin to appreciate the bigger sizes in minton. Bay windows can be useful if you know how to do it. It makes the room look a little bigger, space wise.

kane
16-03-12, 15:15
WHAT!? 35k!? i hope he's a prodigy now. I only been through cheap PAP kindergarten under my HDB block

these are the fees for your average kindergarten.

i read somewhere you're 24 this year. enjoy your youth, enjoy your wedding first. have fun selecting and spending for the wedding. the money spend there is like a drop in the ocean compared to what's to come when you start raising kids.

now you spend by the hundreds and earn by the thousands, next time you spend by thousands and still earn by the thousands, just need to see whether your debit or credit is growing faster.

kane
16-03-12, 15:19

Yes agreed. To each his own. people buy into different projects for various reasons.

what you think is kiasu today is what the minimal survival standard is tomorrow. you'll figure it out soon enough.

price
16-03-12, 15:22
Cost are rising like nobody's business these days... not our mistakes as parents...

$35k for preschool. where did kane send his child to man!? :scared-1: I dont believe inflation is the only reason? Where are the lower income gonna send their children to then? some people dont even earn $35k pa.

azeoprop
16-03-12, 15:23
nett off the baywindow space, the internal space is still of that era.

oh no ah, those are only the school fees, very easy to calculate, annual fees x 4 only mah. I didn't bother including all the others yet. those are too time consuming to calculate.

Units are bigger than the 10 year old Sunglade for sure...
http://www.sunglade.com.sg/homepage.htm

price
16-03-12, 15:23
what you think is kiasu today is what the minimal survival standard is tomorrow. you'll figure it out soon enough.

Yep agreed. :scared-4: Life is scary.

price
16-03-12, 15:27

i read somewhere you're 24 this year. enjoy your youth, enjoy your wedding first. have fun selecting and spending for the wedding. the money spend there is like a drop in the ocean compared to what's to come when you start raising kids.

now you spend by the hundreds and earn by the thousands, next time you spend by thousands and still earn by the thousands, just need to see whether your debit or credit is growing faster.

Yea, im 1 who's against using my parents or my wife's parents' monies.

Friends my age who are married/ planning on getting married got their kiasu parents to pay for their 1million$ ECs down payment, $100k St Regis wedding. another 1 bought them a TK penthouse for stay.

I'm building up my own money to pay for my own house and wedding. I didnt study hard back in secondary school, had to pay for my own private degree fees which cost like 25k :(

envy kids these days.

fclim
16-03-12, 15:27

Yup. I spend more than $2K per month on my kids tuition fees alone. Even a simple holiday in Asia will cost easily $10K for the family. Want to go further for holiday, got to save long long lor or hope to strike 4D.

Your wedding day is the start of the debit growth. But, dun worry lah. The intangibles more than make up for it. A hug and a kiss from your kids everyday is something money cannot buy.

price
16-03-12, 15:31
Yup. I spend more than $2K per month on my kids tuition fees alone. Even a simple holiday in Asia will cost easily $10K for the family. Want to go further for holiday, got to save long long lor or hope to strike 4D.

Your wedding day is the start of the debit growth. But, dun worry lah. The intangibles more than make up for it. A hug and a kiss from your kids everyday is something money cannot buy.

:( Wish my parents were rich. I only got to attend CDAC remedial classes at night. Few dollars i think?

fclim
16-03-12, 15:41
:( Wish my parents were rich. I only got to attend CDAC remedial classes at night. Few dollars i think?

Those days still okay. I belong to the lucky generation that got by without tuition. But, nowadays, it is so competitive. Costs are really high. My kids only go for those normal tuition, in the HDB flat of the tutor with 5 or 6 other kids together. Not those branded centres or one-to-one tuition.

It is without doubt that generally, the better students nowadays come from the more well off families who can afford the extra tuition. Of course, there will always be the smart ones from poorer families, but these are more the exception. There is no longer that level playing field.

kane
16-03-12, 17:34
Those days still okay. I belong to the lucky generation that got by without tuition. But, nowadays, it is so competitive. Costs are really high. My kids only go for those normal tuition, in the HDB flat of the tutor with 5 or 6 other kids together. Not those branded centres or one-to-one tuition.

It is without doubt that generally, the better students nowadays come from the more well off families who can afford the extra tuition. Of course, there will always be the smart ones from poorer families, but these are more the exception. There is no longer that level playing field.

Same here. No tuition all my life. Now you look at their syllabus, sone of the stuff you also don't know how to teach.

new2mondrian
16-03-12, 18:10
Actually my child has been through infantcare all the way through childcare before hitting primary school. Per month wise is 1.1k-1.7k on childcare fees alone, after Govt subsidy for working moms. You count the 6 years of childcare before he reaches primary school, easily close to 100k. This amount does not even include all the weekend enrichment classes (mental math, Chinese, swimming, music) that he goes for. Family holidays easily 15-20k. Medical and life insurance is another 3k per year. Food is the cheapest part. Rofl... All adds up... Once the child is here, no point adding up how much you spend. Can be depressing.

How is Minton so far? Anyone took any pics? :)

new2mondrian
16-03-12, 18:19

Actually this is quite an interesting website

www.smartwindows.com.sg

Quite keen to do this. Visited a friend's condo recently. She has a huge balcony which she installed a dry kitchen with coffee machine and a dining set, after enclosing the balcony space. She said this is allowed cos the window panels are moveable, and do not alter the look of the condo. Quite gorgeous.

new2mondrian
16-03-12, 18:28
Looks like it's becoming a retirement village.

Oops my folks will add to this statistic!

But really, retirement village not bad lah. Some of these retirees carry years of experience as being MC members and have time and patience to contribute to the upkeep of the estate. Better than a ghost town or be filled with tenants who dont give a damn. :)

ysyap
16-03-12, 22:33
$35k for preschool. where did kane send his child to man!? :scared-1: I dont believe inflation is the only reason? Where are the lower income gonna send their children to then? some people dont even earn $35k pa.Think its over 4 years of education... maybe can ask him to tell us which school he sent to? Its not that bad lah... about $8.8k annually which is about $730/mth. Good nursery and kindergarten lor... :)

kane
17-03-12, 00:12
Think its over 4 years of education... maybe can ask him to tell us which school he sent to? Its not that bad lah... about $8.8k annually which is about $730/mth. Good nursery and kindergarten lor... :)

Newspaper always report how much the supposedly good kindergartens cost, and mine doesn't fall in that bulge bracket.

Anyway, before this becomes a motherhood forum or kiasuparents forum, back to minton, the smartwindows thing stops air passing through leh.

Invisigrill is good i feel.

ysyap
17-03-12, 08:40
Newspaper always report how much the supposedly good kindergartens cost, and mine doesn't fall in that bulge bracket.

Anyway, before this becomes a motherhood forum or kiasuparents forum, back to minton, the smartwindows thing stops air passing through leh.

Invisigrill is good i feel.I've seen the invisigrill but the quality is not very strong leh... hmmm... :rolleyes: use the vertical ones... :)

kane
17-03-12, 09:49
I've seen the invisigrill but the quality is not very strong leh... hmmm... :rolleyes: use the vertical ones... :)

Oh. It's not robust ah?

ysyap
17-03-12, 21:47
Oh. It's not robust ah?Not sure if there's only one type of invisible grilles but the ones I saw feels like its made from very thick nylon cables (super thick fishing lines)... Anyway, I suspect its good enough if you don't use a plier to cut the grilles... :D

azeoprop
18-03-12, 22:39
Update 18th March 2012. :)

kane
18-03-12, 22:51
The smallest block is halfway up.probably hit tp floor in a month.