PDA

View Full Version : The Minton (D19, 99 years leasehold, Kheng Leong)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

fclim
13-07-11, 08:58
Based on info from Kaisu Parent forum, PLGS no balloting required in phase 2B for >1km but required balloting for >2km. Check out the site for more detail:

http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/content/hougang

It's phase 2C. No balloting for <1km. Balloting for <2km. >2km, no chance. At least, that was for last year.

vinlow
13-07-11, 10:13
It's phase 2C. No balloting for <1km. Balloting for <2km. >2km, no chance. At least, that was for last year.

You are right, 2B is for school Volunteers, its 2C that requires balloting.

ysyap
13-07-11, 10:33
You are right, 2B is for school Volunteers, its 2C that requires balloting.So if do parent volunteer, its phase 2B (2)? From past records, if no balloting required for phase 2C < 1km, then no parent volunteer needed to ensure entry into PLMGS? Is it risky? Kiasu parent talking now... :scared-4:

bargain hunter
13-07-11, 13:45
think phase 2b dun have (1) or (2). anyway, 2b includes volunteers and association with church? PLMGS is associated with some church? if it is, there will be competition from there too.

as to do volunteer or not, there is definitely a risk. do volunteer so far is 100% certainty of getting in (better than other top schools, do volunteer still not guaranteed). but don't do volunteer a lot of other variables, depends on birth rate of that year and potentially a lot of foreign import students competition which can't be quantified.

also, how many more new competitors from THE MINTON. :ashamed1:

So if do parent volunteer, its phase 2B (2)? From past records, if no balloting required for phase 2C < 1km, then no parent volunteer needed to ensure entry into PLMGS? Is it risky? Kiasu parent talking now... :scared-4:

ysyap
13-07-11, 15:06
think phase 2b dun have (1) or (2). anyway, 2b includes volunteers and association with church? PLMGS is associated with some church? if it is, there will be competition from there too.

as to do volunteer or not, there is definitely a risk. do volunteer so far is 100% certainty of getting in (better than other top schools, do volunteer still not guaranteed). but don't do volunteer a lot of other variables, depends on birth rate of that year and potentially a lot of foreign import students competition which can't be quantified.

also, how many more new competitors from THE MINTON. :ashamed1:Ok thank you. Volunteer it is!!! :doh: Sianz!

bargain hunter
13-07-11, 15:51
better check with PLMGS sooner rather than later also. some church schools only accept volunteers from their associated church. :scared-4: don't want to be a wet blanket, but at the rate things are going, sooner or later more top schools will have balloting for <1km at phase 2b. :doh: again, hope your girl is going to pri sch sooner rather than later! :) more immigrants = more competition for p1 places too you know.

Ok thank you. Volunteer it is!!! :doh: Sianz!

ysyap
13-07-11, 16:07
better check with PLMGS sooner rather than later also. some church schools only accept volunteers from their associated church. :scared-4: don't want to be a wet blanket, but at the rate things are going, sooner or later more top schools will have balloting for <1km at phase 2b. :doh: again, hope your girl is going to pri sch sooner rather than later! :) more immigrants = more competition for p1 places too you know.Thank you. Will check...

Anyway an agent just texted me that there's further discount for Minton. Can anyone verify? :D

Cheekz
13-07-11, 18:59
yup, phase 2A(2) shd also be able to get in plmgs. sighs, pri schs can be such a headache! i am actually staying within 1km of st hilda's and red swastika, but lucky both my kids are girls, so can take the easy option of sending to plmgps. if not i will be sweating over P1 registration too!

we really bought minton because we like the place:) but the pri sch being within walking distance was an added push factor...really hoping for early TOP so that i won't have to rush every morning to send my girl to sch...i heard P1 is morning session.

azeoprop
13-07-11, 21:14
Thank you. Will check...

Anyway an agent just texted me that there's further discount for Minton. Can anyone verify? :D

I think there are some discounts going on. :beats-me-man:
http://www.the-minton.net/

ysyap
13-07-11, 21:56
I think there are some discounts going on. :beats-me-man:
http://www.the-minton.net/The discount was only until 10 July... anyway, don't understand why developer just raised the prices recently only to give discounts? Do they look good and more attractive with discounts? For those who are aware, it really look bad on the developers... :eek:

solsys
13-07-11, 23:14
How many percent sold so far? Moving quite slowly I think despite the price. I think the developer name affects to some extent.

fclim
14-07-11, 00:23
How many percent sold so far? Moving quite slowly I think despite the price. I think the developer name affects to some extent.

Kheng Leong still okay lah, knowing WHO owns it. Unlike SL. The Oasis Garden case isolated. Workmanship generally better than a lot of condos. One North is a potential misrepresentation, but more related to agent rather than the developer. Anyway, with buyers caveat emptor plus difficult to prove, one north case is pretty weak. Buyer also has the onus to ensure that what is said or shown during launch must be engrossed in writing.

On the discount, it is not really so. I heard developer increased agents commission, so it is up to agent to give discount to their client from their commission. Overall, I think about 55% to 60% sold? URA figures not timely.

fclim
14-07-11, 00:34
The One North buyers must also prove that they have suffered a loss as a result of the 'misrepresentation' and be able to quantify that loss so that they can be compensated. But in today's buoyant market, buyers are actually better off since One North prices have really gone North, so to speak.

azeoprop
23-07-11, 16:59
Update 23rd July 2011. :)

DC33_2008
23-07-11, 17:02
Landed properties nearby are selling now due to poor feng shui after Minton is completed. It is for own stay but too far from Mrt stn.
Update 23rd July 2011. :)

ysyap
25-07-11, 06:43
Landed properties nearby are selling now due to poor feng shui after Minton is completed. It is for own stay but too far from Mrt stn.Ok if you drive. Otherwise hop onto a bus for a short 2 busstops journey to Serangoon MRT and NEX. Think free shutter is provided for first 2 years too! :D

DC33_2008
25-07-11, 08:56
What happen 2 years later? There is no free lunch. Someone has to pay the bill.
Ok if you drive. Otherwise hop onto a bus for a short 2 busstops journey to Serangoon MRT and NEX. Think free shutter is provided for first 2 years too! :D

fclim
25-07-11, 09:13

With 1145 units, should be no problem if each unit pays $10 to $20 extra per month to cover the running costs of the buses. Anyway, far is relative. It is still within walking distance. Otherwise, can take public bus, two or three stops away from Serangoon Interchange.

fclim
25-07-11, 09:13

With 1145 units, should be no problem if each unit pays $10 to $20 extra per month to cover the running costs of the buses. Anyway, far is relative. It is still within walking distance. Otherwise, can take public bus, two or three stops away from Serangoon Interchange.

ysyap
25-07-11, 09:19
What happen 2 years later? There is no free lunch. Someone has to pay the bill.Yes there is no free lunch. Someone has to pay for it. If payment is an issue, you'll find greater payment issue for most units beside MRT. Minton is relatively cheap compared with most nearby projects. Urban Residence is asking for $1200 to $1300 psf for FH but same location and less facilities. Maybe quieter. Most developments around Serangoon MRT are quite expensive by now. So just to pay like $40 more a month on public transport is pretty decent. Then if timing and convenience is the issue, Minton may not be that ideal then. :D

devilplate
25-07-11, 10:01
Yes there is no free lunch. Someone has to pay for it. If payment is an issue, you'll find greater payment issue for most units beside MRT. Minton is relatively cheap compared with most nearby projects. Urban Residence is asking for $1200 to $1300 psf for FH but same location and less facilities. Maybe quieter. Most developments around Serangoon MRT are quite expensive by now. So just to pay like $40 more a month on public transport is pretty decent. Then if timing and convenience is the issue, Minton may not be that ideal then. :D
Minton will b vy popular wif families especially wif yng kids upon top.....the facilities simply amazing....so far best among the mass market condos.....nvm too many units...hdb upgradders may not mind:D

fclim
25-07-11, 12:11
Minton will b vy popular wif families especially wif yng kids upon top.....the facilities simply amazing....so far best among the mass market condos.....nvm too many units...hdb upgradders may not mind:D

Yeah, kids will luv it. They can play at the extra huge fun pool, run around the garden or on the bridge, nice aircon 82 seat library to study or surf the net (was told free wi-fi access) and buy their favourite junk food from the mini-mart when thirsty and hungry after all that running around.

vinlow
25-07-11, 12:22
Accompanied a relative to the showroom yesterday. The agent was rather aggressive. Was told more than 700 units sold and there will be a price increase next month. Anyone hear the same news or is his just the agent's tactic? Considering next month is Chinese 7th Month, a traditionally "slow month" for property market.

mantrix
25-07-11, 12:31
What about those landed selling? I doubt those would be firesales...they'll be asking sky-high anyways

hyenergix
25-07-11, 12:41
Accompanied a relative to the showroom yesterday. The agent was rather aggressive. Was told more than 700 units sold and there will be a price increase next month. Anyone hear the same news or is his just the agent's tactic? Considering next month is Chinese 7th Month, a traditionally "slow month" for property market.

Developer has crossed the break-even point. Boathouse residences (around $900-1000 psf) will lift the psf for Minton (now around $850-900 psf).

azeoprop
25-07-11, 22:42
Developer has crossed the break-even point. Boathouse residences (around $900-1000 psf) will lift the psf for Minton (now around $850-900 psf).

I think they broke even long time ago, when they enbloc minton rise, each owner got like around 600k ++ only haa haa. Cheap cheap.
http://www.asiabuilders.com.sg/asiabuilders/NewsSingle.aspx?rec_code=9316&ind_ctry_code=conMY

:D

ysyap
25-07-11, 22:45
I think they broke even long time ago, when they enbloc minton rise, each owner got like around 600k ++ only haa haa. Cheap cheap.
http://www.asiabuilders.com.sg/asiabuilders/NewsSingle.aspx?rec_code=9316&ind_ctry_code=conMY

:DYes if I don't remember wrongly, they broke even when they achieved the 50% sales volume which is like 570 units.

kane
25-07-11, 23:15

that's really low, which year was it?

fclim
26-07-11, 10:17
that's really low, which year was it?

They bought the land in January 2007 through enbloc for $209 million. The unit land price was $236 psf, including est $84 million development charge and $19.5 million to top up the lease from 79 years to 99 years.

Real Cheap! Breakeven $530psf only.

ysyap
26-07-11, 13:09
They bought the land in January 2007 through enbloc for $209 million. The unit land price was $236 psf, including est $84 million development charge and $19.5 million to top up the lease from 79 years to 99 years.

Real Cheap! Breakeven $530psf only.In other words, the developer is making so much money at the expense of both the original owners as well as the new owners. Hmmm... :hell-hath-no-fury:

fclim
26-07-11, 13:56
In other words, the developer is making so much money at the expense of both the original owners as well as the new owners. Hmmm... :hell-hath-no-fury:

All developers are like that. It's in their business to do so. Compare to TG. The land was bought at $533 psf ppr. Breakeven max. about $900 psf. At the current selling price, profits are obscene.:tongue3:

ysyap
26-07-11, 18:48
All developers are like that. It's in their business to do so. Compare to TG. The land was bought at $533 psf ppr. Breakeven max. about $900 psf. At the current selling price, profits are obscene.:tongue3:In a time when the world economy is ill, these developers are many huge profits... how can I be a developer huh? :D

azeoprop
28-07-11, 23:46
Just wondering anyone here used to live in the Kampong of Lorong Ah Soo last time?
I think the area was called "5 Miles Stone Hougang".

:beats-me-man:

fclim
29-07-11, 13:45
Just wondering anyone here used to live in the Kampong of Lorong Ah Soo last time?
I think the area was called "5 Miles Stone Hougang".

I don't live here (not so old, hehe). I guess 5 miles stone is correct. Kovan area known as 6 miles stone in the past. Some old taxi drivers still refer to such names. Like Circuit Road, they call it "Ah junied chap lau". All old flats there are 10 storeys high. Come to think of it, actually good to compile a list of old names, like Serangoon Gardens was called "Ang Sar Li" for the red thatched roofs.

ysyap
29-07-11, 17:43
Chanced upon this about the history of Singapore's road names and some other miscellaneous facts. Interesting read!

http://www.yawningbread.org/arch_2005/yax-491.htm

azeoprop
29-07-11, 21:29
Wow, interesting article. Now I wonder who is Mr Ah Soo? :p
Anyway I stayed in the Kampong till I was around 4 yrs old before we were forced to move to HDB in AMK. I have very little memories of the place except some photos and what my parents said haa haa.

One impression I had was the dark short cut dirt road that leads to the bustling upper serangoon road, lots of shops there. I think our kampong house was where Minton is now located, I remembered we were on lower ground and the houses across the street were higher.

:o

fclim
30-07-11, 00:39
Wow, interesting article. Now I wonder who is Mr Ah Soo? :p
Anyway I stayed in the Kampong till I was around 4 yrs old before we were forced to move to HDB in AMK. I have very little memories of the place except some photos and what my parents said haa haa.

One impression I had was the dark short cut dirt road that leads to the bustling upper serangoon road, lots of shops there. I think our kampong house was where Minton is now located, I remembered we were on lower ground and the houses across the street were higher.

:o

There once was a Portugese settler called Aroozoo who owned a big rubber plantation there. The Teochew villagers called him Ah Soo, Ah Soo. So, Lor Ah Soo named after him. Aroozoo Ave, Aroozoo lane nearby also. Haha.:D:D

azeoprop
30-07-11, 01:07
There once was a Portugese settler called Aroozoo who owned a big rubber plantation there. The Teochew villagers called him Ah Soo, Ah Soo. So, Lor Ah Soo named after him. Aroozoo Ave, Aroozoo lane nearby also. Haha.:D:D

Wow....Thanks for the info! :cheers1:

kane
30-07-11, 14:43

interesting piece of trivia.

azeoprop
30-07-11, 20:43

Seems like this guy is Simon Aroozoo and he worked with Mr Gan Eng Seng at Guthrie and Company (http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/topics/Guthrie_(Malaysia)) for fifty years in the 1850s.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gan_Eng_Seng_School#1941.E2.80.941951

:cheers6:

azeoprop
05-08-11, 20:47
Update 5th August 2011. :)

fclim
06-08-11, 00:22
Great pics. Thanks Azeoprop. Ar:) :) Z:D :D

curio
06-08-11, 00:59
At what stage is this project now? 30% called up already?

azeoprop
06-08-11, 17:06
Strangely, how come the buildings of the construction here are not wrapped up like other constructions?

DC33_2008
06-08-11, 20:59
Pity those landed property residents who are just next to the Minton apartment. No more privacy. One of those landed properties has started to sell. Feng Shui not very good too!

chrisop
07-08-11, 11:08
At what stage is this project now? 30% called up already?

It's been a year since I bought a unit in Minton. The lawyers just sent a letter last month to disperse the next 10% loan. So yes 30% (including the first 20% downpayment) has been called up already.

azeoprop
07-08-11, 11:16
It's been a year since I bought a unit in Minton. The lawyers just sent a letter last month to disperse the next 10% loan. So yes 30% (including the first 20% downpayment) has been called up already.

My block still doing foundation, loan not dispersed yet.

azeoprop
23-08-11, 16:51
Update 23rd August 2011. :)

fclim
23-08-11, 18:30
Thanks azeoprop for the pics. Your stack progressing well. Should be calling for the 10% soon.:)

silverswirl
23-08-11, 21:02
thanks azeoprop for the pics. awesome job, especially since we are currently overseas! :) keep 'em coming! hope that the project will build at a quicker speed.

chrisop
24-08-11, 20:38
Thanks azeoprop for the pics! :)

The centre block is progressing really fast... I counted 9 floors already!

Silverswirl... Most of us share the same sentiments too. Faster faster.... :jump-for-joy:

azeoprop
24-08-11, 23:30

Silverswirl... Most of us share the same sentiments too. Faster faster.... :jump-for-joy:

Faster is good, but no toufu buildings please haa haa... :scared-3:

silverswirl
25-08-11, 10:15

chrisop: agreed. it's pretty exciting!

azeoprop: could we trouble you to please take from another angle the next time you go down to take pics, i.e. the middle blocks facing the kids pool and badminton dome? not too sure which floor they've reached and so far we've only seen the roof level but not the actual block. many thanks! :)

azeoprop
25-08-11, 13:57
will do, no problems. :)

chrisop
25-08-11, 19:29
Faster is good, but no toufu buildings please haa haa... :scared-3:

Hahaha toufu buildings! They better don't compromise quality for speed. :tsk-tsk: Else 1145 owners are going after them!

silverswirl
25-08-11, 22:19
will do, no problems. :)

cheers mate! :) much appreciated and look forward to see the pictures when you take them.

azeoprop
26-08-11, 18:55
cheers mate! :) much appreciated and look forward to see the pictures when you take them.

Update 26 Aug 11. :)

silverswirl
26-08-11, 19:06
Update 26 Aug 11. :)

Thanks azeoprop! fantastic stuff and really quick too! :) enjoy the weekend!

azeoprop
04-09-11, 17:03
Update 4th Sept 2011. :)

edwinleeap
04-09-11, 19:35

great pics! Thanks!

silverswirl
04-09-11, 20:57

great stuff. thanks azeoprop! :)

ysyap
04-09-11, 21:37
Anyone with the sales update? Any available 4 bedder without the yard? What is the asking? :rolleyes:

azeoprop
04-09-11, 22:06
Anyone with the sales update? Any available 4 bedder without the yard? What is the asking? :rolleyes:

4 bedder without yard is 1658sqft. Here are some recent transactions from ura website.

THE MINTON HOUGANG STREET 11 Condominium1 1,220,000 1,658 Strata 736 Aug-11

THE MINTON HOUGANG STREET 11 Condominium1 1,517,000 1,658 Strata 915 Jul-11

THE MINTON HOUGANG STREET 11 Condominium1 1,527,000 1,658 Strata 921 Jul-11

ysyap
04-09-11, 22:09
4 bedder without yard is 1658sqft. Here are some recent transactions from ura website.

THE MINTON HOUGANG STREET 11 Condominium1 1,220,000 1,658 Strata 736 Aug-11

THE MINTON HOUGANG STREET 11 Condominium1 1,517,000 1,658 Strata 915 Jul-11

THE MINTON HOUGANG STREET 11 Condominium1 1,527,000 1,658 Strata 921 Jul-11

:DStrange. Is this indicative of price softening? Drastic drop of some $300k in less than a month! Think these are direct purchase from developer or subsale? Hmmm... :beats-me-man:

azeoprop
04-09-11, 22:17
The 736 psf one most probably 2nd floor face the children play pool while those over 900psf ones should be the top few floors.

fclim
05-09-11, 00:24
The 736 psf one most probably 2nd floor face the children play pool while those over 900psf ones should be the top few floors.

Hmm.. Face kids pool better than face dustbin or noisy road. Could be stack 39, 3rd floor, same level as rooftop of clubhouse where the BBQ areas are. Anyway, still a pretty decent psf. I noticed the show flats are no longer available. Is it true?

ysyap
05-09-11, 07:16
Hmm.. Face kids pool better than face dustbin or noisy road. Could be stack 39, 3rd floor, same level as rooftop of clubhouse where the BBQ areas are. Anyway, still a pretty decent psf. I noticed the show flats are no longer available. Is it true?With only slightly more than 50% sold, there are some unreleased stacks still, so if the current showflat is torn down, it is only because they are shifting it I guess. The rental cost of that huge showflat is definitely very high. They maybe are shifting to a smaller area with only 5 to 10 parking lots??? :D

hyenergix
05-09-11, 07:30
With only slightly more than 50% sold, there are some unreleased stacks still, so if the current showflat is torn down, it is only because they are shifting it I guess. The rental cost of that huge showflat is definitely very high. They maybe are shifting to a smaller area with only 5 to 10 parking lots??? :D

The three recent mega condos in my memory: Minton (>50% sold), Interlace (?), Leedon (?). Good strategy to slowly sell as the increase in psf of new launches makes them look cheap. But due to the large number of units, it is quite likely after TOP about 10-20% units remain unsold.

My condolence to the HDB residents who have to put up with the endless constructions at Minton...:p

DC33_2008
05-09-11, 08:44
Pity the landed properites that are next to Minton. :(
The three recent mega condos in my memory: Minton (>50% sold), Interlace (?), Leedon (?). Good strategy to slowly sell as the increase in psf of new launches makes them look cheap. But due to the large number of units, it is quite likely after TOP about 10-20% units remain unsold.

My condolence to the HDB residents who have to put up with the endless constructions at Minton...:p

fclim
05-09-11, 15:10
Progress has been pretty fast over the last six months. Maybe the HDB and Landed need to bear just a little while longer.:)

ysyap
05-09-11, 15:57
Progress has been pretty fast over the last six months. Maybe the HDB and Landed need to bear just a little while longer.:)6 floors in 6 months for such a huge project is highly commendable! So if that showflat is dismantled, where is its new location?

azeoprop
11-09-11, 17:25
Update 11 Sept 2011. :)

DC33_2008
11-09-11, 18:02
Pity the residents of the surrounding landed properties.

silverswirl
11-09-11, 18:18

thanks for this!

edwinleeap
11-09-11, 21:48
thanks for this!

Appears they are building the onsen spas (3rd pic)

azeoprop
11-09-11, 21:54
Appears they are building the onsen spas (3rd pic)

Yeap, thats the spa and the his and hers gym level. :D

curio
11-09-11, 22:26
Any idea whether the development will b using citygas ?

ecimbew
11-09-11, 22:50
Yeap, thats the spa and the his and hers gym level. :D

I love this concept.

fclim
11-09-11, 22:58
Any idea whether the development will b using citygas ?

I understand it's Citygas.

fclim
14-09-11, 09:16
6 floors in 6 months for such a huge project is highly commendable! So if that showflat is dismantled, where is its new location?

Showflat is currently closed for renovation. They are adding a new showunit for 2+S. Will reopen on 17 Sep.

http://www.the-minton.net/

So many people bash this project. Haiz..:( Well, there are 10 reasons why you should buy Minton..hehe:D

1 unique airconditioned badminton dome.
2 well located MRT lines.
3 wonderful worlds.
4 distinctly designed swimming pools.
5 00,000 sq ft of pure delightful spaces.
6 convenient retail shops.
7 0 metre majestic landmark bridge.
8 2 seater spacious library.
9 0 sq m of carefully manicured chipping green.
10 is the perfect number for a perfect home.

devilplate
14-09-11, 09:45
a high flr 2bdr at minton can buy a low flr 3bdr at ATT possibly wif some spare change

fclim
14-09-11, 19:28
a high flr 2bdr at minton can buy a low flr 3bdr at ATT possibly wif some spare change

Both types about the same size, 980 sq ft and 1,044 sq ft ? So, really dun know if this would entice a swap...:beats-me-man:

azeoprop
14-09-11, 19:55
Most probably not a swap. But for new buyers, the 3 bedroom in punggol may seem more attractive than a 2 bedroom here. Unless they are quite fixed to stay in lor ah soo area.

The attraction of minton now is actually the bigger 3 bedroom premium, 3+ study and 4 bedrooms.

The 2+study are the worst selling type. Neither here nor there, thats why they building the showflat for this type to promote it.

kane
14-09-11, 22:03
Most probably not a swap. But for new buyers, the 3 bedroom in punggol may seem more attractive than a 2 bedroom here. Unless they are quite fixed to stay in lor ah soo area.

The attraction of minton now is actually the bigger 3 bedroom premium, 3+ study and 4 bedrooms.

The 2+study are the worst selling type. Neither here nor there, thats why they building the showflat for this type to promote it.

actually, the 2+S will fit those families who are planning for 1 kid. But seriously, I think 3bedder would be a much wiser option with the ability to accomodate the grannies as well eventually.

devilplate
14-09-11, 22:32
Both types about the same size, 980 sq ft and 1,044 sq ft ? So, really dun know if this would entice a swap...:beats-me-man:
Wat i m trying to point out is minton layout not efficient

The common bedrooms r smaller too but overall sqft bigger

devilplate
14-09-11, 22:34

Nid to have deeper pockets for minton buyers cmpared to att

fclim
15-09-11, 08:55
Wat i m trying to point out is minton layout not efficient

The common bedrooms r smaller too but overall sqft bigger

Yeah, not quite optimised.:mad: Not many are nowadays anyway. The law should really make the developer spell out the livable space and indicate the dimensions in the floor plan. In some countries, they even give the exact walking distance to the MRT. In Singapore, everything is expressed as "near" only. Up to you to interpret.

azeoprop
22-09-11, 17:17
Update 22nd Sept 2011. :)

silverswirl
22-09-11, 22:06

cheers azeoprop! :)

fclim
23-09-11, 00:11

Thanks azeoprop for the pics. Love the wide vistas between the blocks. Gives better privacy and feeling of wide open spaces. Not cramped.:)

azeoprop
23-09-11, 18:46
No problems. :)

...and yes, such big spacing between blocks are very rare in new projects these days. The standard spacing nowadays are like the one at the lap pool and heated pool.

:tsk-tsk:

kane
09-10-11, 00:00
The distance between the blocks look fairly generous by today's standards. Reminds me of sea view's.

ysyap
09-10-11, 12:49
Minton is indeed designed with space in mind. It beats new projects like luxurie and ATT hands down in this respect. Think its a decent project if one can make do with some disadvantages! :D

fclim
09-10-11, 13:06
Yeah, space is a luxury. If u read the papers on The MRT Effect, it seems that the definition of near MRT is 10 mins walk and within a 1 km radius. Minton fits that definition more or less, so can be considered as 'near' to MRT. Of course, near is always subjective lah.

flagship74
09-10-11, 13:24
Yeah, space is a luxury. If u read the papers on The MRT Effect, it seems that the definition of near MRT is 10 mins walk and within a 1 km radius. Minton fits that definition more or less, so can be considered as 'near' to MRT. Of course, near is always subjective lah.

to me near to mrt is something which u could throw a stone and kena the damn driver's head lah..:scared-5:

azeoprop
09-10-11, 13:41
Anyway there is a free shuttle bus for 2 years to the mrt if u don't want to do the 10mins walk. For basic daily needs there is a mini mart within the compound or u can go to the prime supermarket and coffee shop just 100m away at the hdb MSCP.

DC33_2008
09-10-11, 16:25
Lui mentioned that pathway leading to mrt stn will be sheltered. Ask him to provide shelthered the footpath from this development to mrt stn too. Travellator in enclosed air-conditioned enclosure will be great. Then, there is not problem with walking distance anymore.:)

kingkong1984
09-10-11, 17:11
http://MyParcVera.com/

this one priced to sell will affect this?

fclim
09-10-11, 18:03
Lui mentioned that pathway leading to mrt stn will be sheltered. Ask him to provide shelthered the footpath from this development to mrt stn too. Travellator in enclosed air-conditioned enclosure will be great. Then, there is not problem with walking distance anymore.:)

Minton under Workers Party. Will be last to get if any. Hehe.

Montaigne
09-10-11, 21:18
Minton under Workers Party. Will be last to get if any. Hehe.

That is very true. My friend is staying in kovan hdb. He said that his void deck notice boards used to have alot of posters abt what is happening in the town and it is always very happening and active with events. After WP took over, the notice board is BLANK and the neighbour became a dead town. Thanks to those who voted the opposition, at the expense of all residences.

devilplate
09-10-11, 21:33
That is very true. My friend is staying in kovan hdb. He said that his void deck notice boards used to have alot of posters abt what is happening in the town and it is always very happening and active with events. After WP took over, the notice board is BLANK and the neighbour became a dead town. Thanks to those who voted the opposition, at the expense of all residences.
U mean wp not doing the job?

kane
09-10-11, 22:59
Anyway there is a free shuttle bus for 2 years to the mrt if u don't want to do the 10mins walk. For basic daily needs there is a mini mart within the compound or u can go to the prime supermarket and coffee shop just 100m away at the hdb MSCP.

I just noticed an Aston's outlet at that coffeeshop when I drove that place recently.

edwinleeap
09-10-11, 23:02
I just noticed an Aston's outlet at that coffeeshop when I drove that place recently.

Yup. The food is pretty tasty compared to other Aston's. Pepper Fish and New York Strip are good.

kane
09-10-11, 23:04
Where are the other makan areas?

edwinleeap
09-10-11, 23:10
Where are the other makan areas?

Lorong Lew Lian side have some coffee shops with pretty good food.

Hainanese Food Centre also not bad.

Also the flats between Minton and the Hainanese Food Centre has about 3 coffee shops with ok food.

Hong Kong Food Street at Teck Chye Terrace (along USR) has some ok restaurants and Zi Char.

kane
09-10-11, 23:11
Lorong Lew Lian side have some coffee shops with pretty good food.

Hainanese Food Centre also not bad.

Also the flats between Minton and the Hainanese Food Centre has about 3 coffee shops with ok food.

Hong Kong Food Street at Teck Chye Terrace (along USR) has some ok restaurants and Zi Char.

Where is the hainanese food centre?

edwinleeap
09-10-11, 23:13

Hougang Ave 1 (about 900 m along Lor Ah Soo)
With wet market below, food centre above.

kane
09-10-11, 23:17

Thanks for the directions.

edwinleeap
09-10-11, 23:18
Thanks for the directions.

no prob. Keep sharing, benefit all.

ysyap
09-10-11, 23:18
http://MyParcVera.com/

this one priced to sell will affect this?Yup... just received msg from agent about this project. So what new stance will Sim Lian produce this time round? :p

kane
09-10-11, 23:23
Yup... just received msg from agent about this project. So what new stance will Sim Lian produce this time round? :p

"pack 'em and sell 'em?"

fclim
10-10-11, 00:16
U mean wp not doing the job?

Too busy preparing for first parliamentary session. Or never got approval from PA to host events. :tongue3:

azeoprop
10-10-11, 07:26

Can try the lorong ah soo lor mee there, cheap and good. :D

mantrix
10-10-11, 10:08

lotsa good food here :D

ysyap
10-10-11, 10:14
Can try the lorong ah soo lor mee there, cheap and good. :DThe coffee shop beside PLMGS serves pretty good 'zi char' as well as carrot cake!!! :p

azeoprop
10-10-11, 17:48
Update 10th Oct 2011. :)

ecimbew
10-10-11, 17:56
That's fast! :ashamed1:

ysyap
10-10-11, 18:05
Alarming rate indeed!

kane
10-10-11, 19:25
Azeoprop, can you see the skeleton of your unit yet?

azeoprop
10-10-11, 21:14
Azeoprop, can you see the skeleton of your unit yet?

Not really, only the lift shaft. I think they are still doing the basement for my block.

silverswirl
10-10-11, 21:45

thanks for the update azeoprop! looks like they're making really quick progress.

when you next visit to take pics, could you also please take pics of block 10 (i.e. the units facing the badminton dome & kids' fun pool)?

cheers! :)

hyenergix
10-10-11, 23:01
Azeoprop - thanks for the nice photos. It's really thoughtful of you. By the way, I'm interested in the view from the penthouses of Reflection into the open sea. And the tranquil water of Bedok reservoir from the Water front series (never mind the dead bodies bobbing in it). And the stacks of uniquely designed Interlace. It will be really nice of you to help me take some photos of those. And I got to add some more... It's really thought of you...:D

kane
10-10-11, 23:52
oh, so that's your block, well if you're on stack 50, you probably have the furthest distance from the opposite block.

fclim
11-10-11, 01:22

Thanks azeoprop for the wonderful pics. :) :)

azeoprop
12-10-11, 00:18

Just found out that the yummy Punggol bak chor mee at Kovan will be shifting to the hainanese food centre in Nov.
http://ieatishootipost.sg/2010/11/punggol-noodles-mighty-meatballs.html

:)

kane
16-10-11, 16:02
just tried the lor mee at the hainanese food village. not bad. queued for a while.

Lovelle
16-10-11, 16:23
just tried the lor mee at the hainanese food village. not bad. queued for a while.
Whereabout?

kane
16-10-11, 18:02
Whereabout?

It's at the corner of the hawker centre on the ssecond floor. There was a long queue for the fish ball noodle stall. Next time I'll try that.

curio
17-10-11, 08:18
Anyone knows the sales of this development so far? When is the estimated completion date?

azeoprop
17-10-11, 16:28
Anyone knows the sales of this development so far? When is the estimated completion date?

According to URA website as of end Sept 11, 725 units were sold out of a total of 1145 units.

kane
17-10-11, 18:04
63% it means. Hmmm.

Jcmillineum
20-10-11, 11:19
63% it means. Hmmm.

Probably not selling very well.... may have to wait longer up to legal completion date probably..:doh: :scared-4:

edwinleeap
20-10-11, 18:17
Probably not selling very well.... may have to wait longer up to legal completion date probably..:doh: :scared-4:

You bought Suites@PL? is it selling out?

graveyard
20-10-11, 19:08
You bought Suites@PL? is it selling out?

One bedder pool view gone. not sure abt others..studio, 2 bedders, PH

ysyap
20-10-11, 19:28
Probably not selling very well.... may have to wait longer up to legal completion date probably..:doh: :scared-4:Developer has probably break even so can now sit back and wait for units, one by one to be purchase. They don't have to lower their asking. One month sell 20 units, so another 2 years can sell 480 units. Very healthy moving into TOP status. :spliff:

kane
20-10-11, 19:44

I just heard their 4 bedder left 3 units. Probably due to its less common size of the apt.

ysyap
20-10-11, 20:15
I just heard their 4 bedder left 3 units. Probably due to its less common size of the apt.Any idea which stack and what floor? :rolleyes:

kane
20-10-11, 20:31
Any idea which stack and what floor? :rolleyes:

Not sure. Didn't ask for the details. You looking to buy? Or you bought?

ysyap
20-10-11, 20:47
Not sure. Didn't ask for the details. You looking to buy? Or you bought?Looking to buy but there are several factors that held me back... :scared-3:

azeoprop
20-10-11, 21:00
Come join the minton family:D

kane
20-10-11, 21:35
Looking to buy but there are several factors that held me back... :scared-3:

What was it? Can't be the living space right?

fclim
21-10-11, 00:02
I just heard their 4 bedder left 3 units. Probably due to its less common size of the apt.

I think left 2 units. The smaller type G2 ones. The bigger 4 bedders, type G1, 1755 sq ft with rear balcony were sold out months ago. Some agents said over 800 units have been sold.

curio
21-10-11, 00:25
I like their 4 bdrm but not enough vitamin M :(

kane
21-10-11, 00:28
I think left 2 units. The smaller type G2 ones. The bigger 4 bedders, type G1, 1755 sq ft with rear balcony were sold out months ago. Some agents said over 800 units have been sold.

there was a total of 84 4 bedder units. so they've sold 82. looks like they should have done more 4 bedders. i find the 3+S not really value for money. but their 3 premium is fairly decent.

fclim
21-10-11, 00:54
there was a total of 84 4 bedder units. so they've sold 82. looks like they should have done more 4 bedders. i find the 3+S not really value for money. but their 3 premium is fairly decent.

They probably underestimated the demand, since quantum would be high for 4 bedders. I suspect the buyers bot Minton 4 bedders after viewing all the other new launches in D19 recently and find their so called 4 bedders much smaller compared to Minton. Pay another $200k more at Minton but get much more space, internally and external as well.

kane
21-10-11, 01:14
They probably underestimated the demand, since quantum would be high for 4 bedders. I suspect the buyers bot Minton 4 bedders after viewing all the other new launches in D19 recently and find their so called 4 bedders much smaller compared to Minton. Pay another $200k more at Minton but get much more space, internally and external as well.

probably as it's fairly infrequent you see a 4 bedder with about 1500sqft of inner space (excl balcony) nowadays in new developments. the price point of 3+S feels a tad too high, for 100k more you could swap a study for one more 1 bedroom. but if the 4 bedders are sold out, the next alternative will be 3+S.

ysyap
21-10-11, 08:47
What was it? Can't be the living space right?3 things...

1. Baywindows. My current place has baywindows and I kept telling myself my next place must not have it coz I don't like to pay for those extra spaces.

2. With 11xx units, its just like a hdb neighborhood. Don't have that condo feel. 600 units development is already quite congested, not to mention 1100.

3. The potential traffic congestion situation along Upp Paya Lebar and Upp Serangoon Rd is bad during peak hours. Going home would be torturous!

:cheers1:

ysyap
21-10-11, 08:48
Come join the minton family:DI sure hope to! :o

ysyap
21-10-11, 08:52
I think left 2 units. The smaller type G2 ones. The bigger 4 bedders, type G1, 1755 sq ft with rear balcony were sold out months ago. Some agents said over 800 units have been sold.I actually prefer the type G2. Don't fancy the rear balcony area. Anyway, now with 40% LTV, not enough Vit M. Pinning my hope on what KBW said yesterday about the possibility of removing and adding more CM. Hope that he'll take away the 40% LTV measure... :spliff:

kane
21-10-11, 08:53
3 things...

1. Baywindows. My current place has baywindows and I kept telling myself my next place must not have it coz I don't like to pay for those extra spaces.

2. With 11xx units, its just like a hdb neighborhood. Don't have that condo feel. 600 units development is already quite congested, not to mention 1100.

3. The potential traffic congestion situation along Upp Paya Lebar and Upp Serangoon Rd is bad during peak hours. Going home would be torturous!

:cheers1:

Fair enough. I suppose you won't consider interlace or d'leedon as well then.

I've mixed feelings about bay window. Because nowadays the air con ledge is getting bigger and bigger. So it's down to the lesser of which evil.

ysyap
21-10-11, 08:55
probably as it's fairly infrequent you see a 4 bedder with about 1500sqft of inner space (excl balcony) nowadays in new developments. the price point of 3+S feels a tad too high, for 100k more you could swap a study for one more 1 bedroom. but if the 4 bedders are sold out, the next alternative will be 3+S.Can't remember which model. Think its the 3 and 4 bedders. The dining area can be removed to make another study w/o windows. Just remove the dry kitchen table and convert to a dining area. Toying with that configuration... but cannot materialize that arrangement! :mad:

ysyap
21-10-11, 09:01

I've mixed feelings about bay window. Because nowadays the air con ledge is getting bigger and bigger. So it's down to the lesser of which evil.Well, presence of baywindows does not imply absence of a/c ledge. Sigh! :eek:

kane
21-10-11, 09:03
Can't remember which model. Think its the 3 and 4 bedders. The dining area can be removed to make another study w/o windows. Just remove the dry kitchen table and convert to a dining area. Toying with that configuration... but cannot materialize that arrangement! :mad:

What do you mean by cannot materialise that arrangement?

ysyap
21-10-11, 09:13
What do you mean by cannot materialise that arrangement?Need to cough out 40% LTV. :scared-3:

devilplate
21-10-11, 09:23
I actually prefer the type G2. Don't fancy the rear balcony area. Anyway, now with 40% LTV, not enough Vit M. Pinning my hope on what KBW said yesterday about the possibility of removing and adding more CM. Hope that he'll take away the 40% LTV measure... :spliff:

tat will be at the bottom of the list:p

i tink shdnt haf extra CM for pte ppty....prices stabilished oredi

may haf more for HDB since resale still too strong....nid to reduce cov to 10-15k

devilplate
21-10-11, 09:25

I've mixed feelings about bay window. Because nowadays the air con ledge is getting bigger and bigger. So it's down to the lesser of which evil.

got baywindows, den add about 5% on top of the selling px when comparing wif projects without

ysyap
21-10-11, 09:44
tat will be at the bottom of the list:p

i tink shdnt haf extra CM for pte ppty....prices stabilished oredi

may haf more for HDB since resale still too strong....nid to reduce cov to 10-15kThis resale problem will automatically resolve if KBW is willing to build BTO above demand and spread these excess units across matured estates. KBW must build more more more so the biggest attraction for buyers to buy resale hdb which is immediate move in, followed by location (near parents, etc), will no longer be attractive. Then resale hdb will kana big time. :p

devilplate
21-10-11, 10:14
This resale problem will automatically resolve if KBW is willing to build BTO above demand and spread these excess units across matured estates. KBW must build more more more so the biggest attraction for buyers to buy resale hdb which is immediate move in, followed by location (near parents, etc), will no longer be attractive. Then resale hdb will kana big time. :p

yes...just build more more!! dun even nid to bto la....jus build first!

just create a big oversupply and prices will crash by 30%....Happy?:D

ysyap
21-10-11, 10:44
yes...just build more more!! dun even nid to bto la....jus build first!

just create a big oversupply and prices will crash by 30%....Happy?:DHappy if I don't own hdb. Not happy if I own hdb... LOL! :spliff:

rattydrama
21-10-11, 10:57
Time your sales of Hdb flat now.. Otherwise so much to choose later on by the potential buyers... It is clear that going forward the price will not increase as much as what we're seeing now. So it may take very long to close a deal got cooling period for buyer after OTP signed... Also all resale prices within the vicinity is going to be transparent. If one fellow no holding power there it goes....

fclim
21-10-11, 11:05
I actually prefer the type G2. Don't fancy the rear balcony area. Anyway, now with 40% LTV, not enough Vit M. Pinning my hope on what KBW said yesterday about the possibility of removing and adding more CM. Hope that he'll take away the 40% LTV measure... :spliff:

Not sure why you dun fancy rear balcony. Extra space always good. Sure your wife agrees with you? :D Can use for drying laundry which is sorely lacking in many projects nowadays. Or keep your pets. Or gain direct access to kitchen after coming back from market instead of dragging the stuff through living room.

kane
21-10-11, 11:05
The dry kitchen may be a little small to set up a dining table...

kane
21-10-11, 11:11
The yard area is dangerous for young children because of the parapet wall. Probably need to erect grills if MC is ok with it.

devilplate
21-10-11, 11:13
The yard area is dangerous for young children because of the parapet wall. Probably need to erect grills if MC is ok with it.

balcony aso dangerous

stay hdb best and put up all grills

fclim
21-10-11, 11:17
The dry kitchen may be a little small to set up a dining table...

Actually, it looks ok.

kane
21-10-11, 11:32
Must hack away the floor to ceiling cabinets behind the dry kitchen top and put the table horizontally so that it doesn't block the entrance to the kitchen. Aiya 4 bed good enough lah. Still want to make it into 4+S? Ha.

ysyap
21-10-11, 11:40
Actually, it looks ok.Exactly what I was referring to after analyzing the layout... hmm.... good drawing. U did it yourself? :o

ysyap
21-10-11, 11:42
Not sure why you dun fancy rear balcony. Extra space always good. Sure your wife agrees with you? :D Can use for drying laundry which is sorely lacking in many projects nowadays. Or keep your pets. Or gain direct access to kitchen after coming back from market instead of dragging the stuff through living room.I'd rather the extra space be in the living room. Just thought the rear balcony is not used as often as the living room. We don't do laundry everyday but we use the living room everyday... :D Actually my wife agrees with me on this, I think! :p Not too sure about my domestic helper though! :cheers1:

ysyap
21-10-11, 11:48
Must hack away the floor to ceiling cabinets behind the dry kitchen top and put the table horizontally so that it doesn't block the entrance to the kitchen. Aiya 4 bed good enough lah. Still want to make it into 4+S? Ha.For big families, its always good to have more rooms. If got 3 kids, one per room, an additional study room can also double up as maid's room or just remain a study room. :D

edwinleeap
21-10-11, 11:51
Must hack away the floor to ceiling cabinets behind the dry kitchen top and put the table horizontally so that it doesn't block the entrance to the kitchen. Aiya 4 bed good enough lah. Still want to make it into 4+S? Ha.

Like this? The new "room" crafted out will have glass walls (room still has 3 smaller panels of windows), with roller blinds installed to transform it into a bedroom if necessary. Other wise it will be a relaxation lounge.

ysyap
21-10-11, 11:56
Like this? The new "room" crafted out will have glass walls (room still has 3 smaller panels of windows), with roller blinds installed to transform it into a bedroom if necessary. Other wise it will be a relaxation lounge.Yup yup! This is exactly what I have in mind. Still a decent sized living room with additional study/maid's room. :o Good job on the drawing!

kane
21-10-11, 11:57
Yes. That's what I mean, if the table is vertical, it's just block the entrance to the kitchen. Fclim's 4+S looks pretty good. Maybe they should adopt your design and change their 3+S to a 3.5+S to augment the utility value of that unit's space.

ysyap
21-10-11, 12:05
Yes. That's what I mean, if the table is vertical, it's just block the entrance to the kitchen. Fclim's 4+S looks pretty good. Maybe they should adopt your design and change their 3+S to a 3.5+S to augment the utility value of that unit's space.And increase the psf? No please! Its already pricey coz of its large floor area... :tsk-tsk:

edwinleeap
21-10-11, 12:08
Just have to DIY. The cabinet at the dinning table should be a sliding glass/mirror door which will cover the fridge when it is opened. This ensures still ample storage space beside the fridge.

ysyap
21-10-11, 12:13
Just have to DIY. The cabinet at the dinning table should be a sliding glass/mirror door which will cover the fridge when it is opened. This ensures still ample storage space beside the fridge.Sigh... I have all these ideas but can't afford the unit. Sigh! :banghead:

edwinleeap
21-10-11, 12:13
Actually Kheng Leong is not very smart in drawing up the plans. Their dining table is way oversized and appears to take up a lot of space, making the living/dining area look smaller.

A typical dining table is 1.6 m by 0.9 m. Kheng Leong's table in the floor plan is about 2.4 m by 1 m.

edwinleeap
21-10-11, 12:15
Sigh... I have all these ideas but can't afford the unit. Sigh! :banghead:

All because of 40% down... I am also stopped from purchasing properties because of this ruling. Sigh, got to guai guai collect rent to save up moolah!

fclim
21-10-11, 12:18

Like this?

ysyap
21-10-11, 12:32
Like this?Your fifth bedroom looks neat but bearing in mind there might not be windows in that room... I guess the area for fridge and some wall mounted storage should remain. Tilt the dining table 90degree and it should do the trick! At least that was what I have in mind or what edwinleeap proposed. :o

kane
21-10-11, 14:08
The "fifth" bedroom has a floored to ceiling window. And I believe there's no bay window in their dining room area.

kane
21-10-11, 14:12
Like this?

Well done on the photoshop by the way. But I think their differentiator is their big dry kitchen which makes the whole living and dining look and feel much bigger.

ysyap
21-10-11, 16:52
The "fifth" bedroom has a floored to ceiling window. And I believe there's no bay window in their dining room area.Good to know! That is definitely an attractive option for me if I can find the much needed 40% LTV cash. LOL! :cheers6:

hopeful
21-10-11, 17:54
The "fifth" bedroom has a floored to ceiling window. And I believe there's no bay window in their dining room area.
are the walls between masterbedroom and other bedrooms structural?
If not, shift the walls make an additional BR, so total of 6 BRs.

edwinleeap
21-10-11, 18:24
are the walls between masterbedroom and other bedrooms structural?
If not, shift the walls make an additional BR, so total of 6 BRs.

Nope all the walls between the bedrooms are non-structural. However, any erected wall need to align with the stem of the window.

kane
21-10-11, 19:04
Isn't a 6 bedroom layout an overkill, then you have a tiny living room. Sounds more like aa student hostel.

ysyap
22-10-11, 06:58
The amount of effort and cost of making it 6 bedrooms is not attractive. 4+1 is enough...:spliff:

curio
30-10-11, 00:27

Agent say 4 bedder units fully sold out!!

fclim
30-10-11, 00:39
Agent say 4 bedder units fully sold out!!

I am not surprised. The 4 bedders at Minton ard $1.5M. Kovan Residences transacting at $2M. That's 30% higher which negates the MRT advantage that KR enjoys. Quantum wise, $500K difference is a lot of money.

kane
30-10-11, 00:49
I am not surprised. The 4 bedders at Minton ard $1.5M. Kovan residences transacting at $2M. That's 30% higher which negates the MRT advantage that KR enjoys. Quantum wise, $500K difference is a lot of money.

the last 2 2nd floor 4 bedder also sold? looks like the 4 bedder is the most popular relative to the other sizes. There's only 3+S left to consider for those who were planning to turn the 4th room into a bigger study.

fclim
30-10-11, 01:12
the last 2 2nd floor 4 bedder also sold? looks like the 4 bedder is the most popular relative to the other sizes. There's only 3+S left to consider for those who were planning to turn the 4th room into a bigger study.

I thought 1 bedder also sold out long ago. 4 bedders only 84 units, so easier to sell. Price wise, also cheaper than surrounding new units. 3+S next best alternative since subsale is non existent.

The CM4 actually makes it easier to sell new launches since there is no subsale to compete. If you want a new condo now, you have no choice but to go for new launches. That explains the huge crowds and high sales at new launches recently.

kane
30-10-11, 01:37
I thought 1 bedder also sold out long ago. 4 bedders only 84 units, so easier to sell. Price wise, also cheaper than surrounding new units. 3+S next best alternative since subsale is non existent.

The CM4 actually makes it easier to sell new launches since there is no subsale to compete. If you want a new condo now, you have no choice but to go for new launches. That explains the huge crowds and high sales at new launches recently.

i never really tracked the 1 bedder as i don't subscribed to that story as much, at least not for suburban homes. 3+S faces the the terraced water feature, more for those zen garden fans than pool view fans. and there's no west sun. Kheng Leong might as well convert the 4 bedder showroom into a 3+S since they have no more need for the former.

For Minton, those who bought before August last year still can hit the subsale market. but because Kheng Leong hasn't marked up their price significantly from last year, the early birds cannot get much meat from selling in the subsale market. So Kheng Leong has played a pretty shrewd hand.

azeoprop
01-11-11, 16:01
Update 1st Nov 2011. :)

fclim
01-11-11, 16:10

Excellent! Like clockwork. Thanks. How was your trip to China? Bought any properties there? hehe.:D

azeoprop
01-11-11, 16:19
Excellent! Like clockwork. Thanks. How was your trip to China? Bought any properties there? hehe.:D

China trip was eye opening. Friendly village, fresh cool air and beautiful scenery. Not your typical beijing or shanghai. :D

Now suffering from post holiday syndrome :scared-3:

phantom_opera
01-11-11, 16:35
azeo probably dreaming that he is boating in a lake in Dali or Lijiang, with beautiful ladies surrounding him, backed by the green mountains, chirping bird sounds, blue skies and cool weather

For the rich investors in this forum, I think Banyan Tree is operating there too ...

http://www.banyantree.com/images/uploads/lijiang/BT_Lijiang_Exterior_Pagoda.jpg

silverswirl
02-11-11, 09:44

thanks azeoprop, much appreciated!

looks like they're making real quick progress. :)

azeoprop
02-11-11, 10:00
thanks azeoprop, much appreciated!

looks like they're making real quick progress. :)

No problems, but there are no vantage points for a frontal view of your stack though.

silverswirl
02-11-11, 12:16
No problems, but there are no vantage points for a frontal view of your stack though.

it's alright, the pictures still come in handy! :D hope you enjoyed your holiday.

azeoprop
15-11-11, 15:29
Update 15th Nov 2011. :)

azeoprop
15-11-11, 19:07
49 units sold in Oct, total sales now is 774 units.

fclim
15-11-11, 22:23

Thanks for the excellent pics, azeoprop. Your blk progressing well. :)

kane
15-11-11, 23:19
looks like the foundation is almost completed for the outer most block.

azeoprop
15-11-11, 23:22
looks like the foundation is almost completed for the outer most block.

It's already completed. I'm starting my installments in Dec.

kane
16-11-11, 08:03
It's already completed. I'm starting my installments in Dec.

The next 10% will happen very quickly since the foundation is completed.

silverswirl
17-11-11, 19:56

thanks for the pics azeoprop! :) awesome stuff.

kane
17-11-11, 21:59
i think very soon, he can stitch his photos to illustrate the progress over time.

azeoprop
17-11-11, 22:07
Can put in the library for memorial. :p

kane
17-11-11, 22:39
Can put in the library for memorial. :p

contribute to the clubhouse.

cowgraz
18-11-11, 09:52
Wow - progress is rather fast ... thanks for taking and posting the pics, Azeo!

Not sure what the windows are like ... noticed that the window fittings in recent TOP condos like the Clover at Bishan and the Trevista in TP hv only 2 casement windows in each room, with 1 BIG GLASS panel!

Aiyo, really poor design! Hope this doesn't happen with us here!

Lyn

ysyap
18-11-11, 13:51
Wow - progress is rather fast ... thanks for taking and posting the pics, Azeo!

Not sure what the windows are like ... noticed that the window fittings in recent TOP condos like the Clover at Bishan and the Trevista in TP hv only 2 casement windows in each room, with 1 BIG GLASS panel!

Aiyo, really poor design! Hope this doesn't happen with us here!

LynWhy poor design? Less middle partition to allow better and unobstructed view, why not? :confused:

edwinleeap
18-11-11, 15:09
Why poor design? Less middle partition to allow better and unobstructed view, why not? :confused:

Also for safety reasons. Two casement windows separated by a glass panel will not feel so scary especially at high floors.

azeoprop
18-11-11, 18:32
Looking at the photos, they installed window frames in the lower floors of blk10, seems like all the windows can be open type.

:spliff:

cowgraz
18-11-11, 21:18
All casement vs just 2 panels will be better for ventilation. Also, for more options so you can use curtains n not hv the curtains block the only open parts.

Komo
19-11-11, 06:50
Casement good as you can also adjust the angle to open so that rain will not come in and yet window can still open. Otherwise need to on aircon whenever it rains:D

Eastboy
19-11-11, 08:55
Casement good as you can also adjust the angle to open so that rain will not come in and yet window can still open. Otherwise need to on aircon whenever it rains:D

I don't like casement windows the angle is weird

Jcmillineum
19-11-11, 09:07
I don't like casement windows the angle is weird

I don't like casement also...and it is also a dust magnet!

azeoprop
20-11-11, 09:17
Yet another 1 bedroom subsale:

THE MINTON HOUGANG STREET 11 Condominium1 680,000 700 Strata 972 Oct-11

kane
20-11-11, 09:20
Doesn't look like this guy made much.

ysyap
20-11-11, 10:29
Doesn't look like this guy made much.He probably expect market to come down soon so in order not to lose, he sell now to make small profit then enter again when prices finally fall. :spliff:

devilplate
20-11-11, 10:34
He probably expect market to come down soon so in order not to lose, he sell now to make small profit then enter again when prices finally fall. :spliff:

can be anything....overleveraged? bank loan not approve.....decide to upgrade or downgrade.....cant wait to move in....so sell this one can buy another ready home to stay asap....many possibilities

kane
20-11-11, 11:08
He probably expect market to come down soon so in order not to lose, he sell now to make small profit then enter again when prices finally fall. :spliff:

The same can be said for those who tried to time this market in late 2009 and 2010. If you're lucky, you catch it right, if you're not lucky, it'll be a painful decision to have been made.

ysyap
20-11-11, 11:26
The same can be said for those who tried to time this market in late 2009 and 2010. If you're lucky, you catch it right, if you're not lucky, it'll be a painful decision to have been made.If all of us have that crystal ball, then we will all be poor people liaoz... LOL! No one ones to buy when market is going to crash so we can never offload! LOL! I guess we all speculate and depending at what juncture we're at and how much cash we have on hand, we make it or break it lor... LOL! :rolleyes:

ysyap
20-11-11, 11:27
can be anything....overleveraged? bank loan not approve.....decide to upgrade or downgrade.....cant wait to move in....so sell this one can buy another ready home to stay asap....many possibilitiesTotally agree with your suggestions. Anything can happen... or he's migrating... LOL! :spliff:

kane
20-11-11, 12:12
Trying to time market when there's a lot of uncertainty can be a foolhardy thing to do.

ysyap
20-11-11, 14:22
Trying to time market when there's a lot of uncertainty can be a foolhardy thing to do.I've given up timing. I'll buy when I think everything is right, whether time, price or location. The rest will just fall in place. Just ensure that I'll not buy when prices are sky high or when I cannot commit to the financial burden... ;)

kane
20-11-11, 16:55
I've given up timing. I'll buy when I think everything is right, whether time, price or location. The rest will just fall in place. Just ensure that I'll not buy when prices are sky high or when I cannot commit to the financial burden... ;)

Fair point, just don't be the carrot head for developers to chop.

kane
20-11-11, 17:02
I've given up timing. I'll buy when I think everything is right, whether time, price or location. The rest will just fall in place. Just ensure that I'll not buy when prices are sky high or when I cannot commit to the financial burden... ;)

Fair point, just don't be the carrot head for developers to chop.

azeoprop
25-11-11, 20:11
Yet another 1 bedder subsale. :cheers4:

THE MINTON HOUGANG STREET 11 Condominium1 645,000 614 Strata 1,051 Nov-11

graveyard
25-11-11, 20:14
Yet another 1 bedder subsale. :cheers4:

THE MINTON HOUGANG STREET 11 Condominium1 645,000 614 Strata 1,051 Nov-11

Nice one. Reasonable pricing

kane
25-11-11, 20:20
How much dis the seller make?

ysyap
26-11-11, 05:29
How much dis the seller make?Check the caveat lodged 2 years back to have a rough idea! :cool:

azeoprop
27-11-11, 15:47
Update 27th Nov 2011. :)

silverswirl
27-11-11, 21:13

thanks azeoprop! :)

Eastboy
27-11-11, 23:27

Wah building fast and furious

kane
28-11-11, 00:04
the middle block is almost at the top floor and the opposite 2 blocks are coming up really fast. the outer most block looks kind of stagnant.

ysyap
28-11-11, 06:14
Likely TOP in 2014. :cheers6:

ysyap
28-11-11, 06:16
the middle block is almost at the top floor and the opposite 2 blocks are coming up really fast. the outer most block looks kind of stagnant.Not surprising coz they probably only have workers for at most 2 to 3 blocks at any one time so the first two blocks or so will be up before the other blocks start rising. Only the foundation work must be done concurrently as an entire project. :)

hyenergix
28-11-11, 06:21
Not surprising coz they probably only have workers for at most 2 to 3 blocks at any one time so the first two blocks or so will be up before the other blocks start rising. Only the foundation work must be done concurrently as an entire project. :)

Labour cost is quite high with all the levies. I suppose the developer wants to balance cash flow with expenses. It is also quite hard to manage a site with too many workers and activities. A bad accident can trigger stop work order.

kane
28-11-11, 07:39
Likely TOP in 2014. :cheers6:

No point rushing too fast also, they have another 300 units left to sell. So 2014 looks very likely for the purpose of balancing cash flow.

azeoprop
28-11-11, 08:54
They better be fast...the lease started since 2007! :tsk-tsk:

azeoprop
06-12-11, 15:42
Update 6th Dec 2011 part1. :)

azeoprop
06-12-11, 15:46
Update 6th Dec 2011 Part2. :)

kane
06-12-11, 17:46
So how is your block coming along?

graveyard
06-12-11, 18:08
Like a big brother to the MMs:) nearby!

ysyap
06-12-11, 18:12
Like a big brother to the MMs:) nearby!Its a big brother to 98% of projects in Singapore lah... :spliff: bigger brother to Suite@PL and UR... :D

mcmlxxvi
06-12-11, 18:17
Its a big brother to 98% of projects in Singapore lah... :spliff: bigger brother to Suite@PL and UR... :D
Its like a giant lor....

graveyard
06-12-11, 18:41
Its like a giant lor....

this reminds me of laguna park with its own cafe, clinic, minimart!!!!

azeoprop
06-12-11, 19:08
So how is your block coming along?

Still doing level 1 and 2 haa haa....:o

silverswirl
06-12-11, 19:44

cheers azeoprop! great stuff! :) looks like the other blocks are really coming up fast. indeed, the faster the better!

fclim
06-12-11, 20:29

Great work. Thanks azeoprop.