PDA

View Full Version : MRT in D15 *eastern region line

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

marktkt22
23-04-10, 09:29
hi , saw that the eastern region line has a few MRT stations line up..eg siglap, upper east coast, telok Kurau, Marine parade.
The location for marine parade is probably more or less known ..but any idea where the rest of them are located ? :)

tkc2263
23-04-10, 09:49
hi , saw that the eastern region line has a few MRT stations line up..eg siglap, upper east coast, telok Kurau, Marine parade.
The location for marine parade is probably more or less known ..but any idea where the rest of them are located ? :)

Huh?? Pls substantiate where you get the info and details?

Please verify yr source and contact, otherwise its just another heresay/theresay...

marktkt22
23-04-10, 11:03
Huh?? Pls substantiate where you get the info and details?

Please verify yr source and contact, otherwise its just another heresay/theresay...

I goggled on eastern line and found this link :
http://www.singaporepropertymarket.com/future_mrt_lrt_system_map.htm

I am not able to provide more details as i myself dont know , that why i ask the forumer for feedbacks, opinion. :)

NdB
23-04-10, 11:11
The only reliable info is here:

http://www.lta.gov.sg/projects/proj_rail_future.htm

Anything else is pure speculation...

tkc2263
23-04-10, 11:20
The only reliable info is here:

http://www.lta.gov.sg/projects/proj_rail_future.htm

Anything else is pure speculation...

Thanks for the link...

I thought you knew the exact locations, but these were already mentioned. Everyone is trying to speculate the exact locations.

The exact location of the Marine Parade Station has not been pinpointed yet, so again its anybody's guess....

urban
23-04-10, 12:56
Any idea whether this is a LRT or MRT?

eng81157
23-04-10, 14:18
eh, lemme give raymond lim a call to find out......

tkc2263
23-04-10, 14:54
eh, lemme give raymond lim a call to find out......

let us know, if you cant get him, try sms, ok?

urban
23-04-10, 18:37
let us know, if you cant get him, try sms, ok?

3 hours liao, still never answer phone or sms?

new2mondrian
23-04-10, 18:50
3 hours liao, still never answer phone or sms?

hahahaa... even IF he does come back with "Raymond Lim's" answer, it would be yet another heresay/theresay.... Until LTA gives official response or Raymond Lim gives reply in an official (aka published capacity), everything else is still based on guesswork. :D

but then again, IF the mrt line is right inside Opera Estate, do post here kae? :)

eng81157
23-04-10, 19:20
heh, ah lim never pick up phone. maybe busy with the opening of the new helix bridge at MBS

luzman
23-04-10, 23:51
heh, ah lim never pick up phone. maybe busy with the opening of the new helix bridge at MBS
Did u call the right Raymond Lim or not??? don't call the one selling phone phones ok...

sealover
24-04-10, 10:29
It is not difficult to guesstimate the future mrt line/stations if you keep watchful eyes on soil investigation done along the line. I think major soil tests started from last year had been done, right now you may see some selective tests to align the track. You can spot three tests around the circle infront of SilverSea last few days.

Localite
24-04-10, 12:19
The eartern line is scheduled for 2020. Isn't that way too futuristic to be discussing now?

CK
24-04-10, 12:41
Soil Test does not mean station will be there, speaking from an engineer's viewpoint. The rail runs underground and soil test will be done in a number of spots. The important question is where will the entrance/exit to the the MRT be? Wherever the station is located, the nearer your apartment is to that, the more valuable it'll be.

DC33_2008
24-04-10, 17:46
I think the station may be closer to schools, colleges and flats. The best place for the mrt tunnel is under the ECP. It will have to go through a lot of pilecaps if run below the marine parade road. Not sure about the soil conditions in that region as it was a man-made ground. Sometimes too close to the tunnel can be a risk.

eng81157
24-04-10, 18:34
theoretically should be in a location where there's huge volume of human traffic transiting from point to point; thus the speculation that it's near marine parade central

urban
24-04-10, 18:49
theoretically should be in a location where there's huge volume of human traffic transiting from point to point; thus the speculation that it's near marine parade central

Or under Parkway Parade? :eek:

DC33_2008
24-04-10, 18:53

It is not always the case. Look at the station at sixth avenue. There is a lot more stations close to the school just like dakota, bukit timah, etc. No land large enough to house a station in marine parade central. Can you find a sizeable piece of land there for the station?

DC33_2008
24-04-10, 19:03
Or under Parkway Parade? :eek:
Marine Parade used to be the sea. The edge of seaview is the beach before the reclamation. Hence, buildings in Marine Parade are sitting on piles that has to be deep enough to find a relatively strong ground.

sealover
24-04-10, 21:07
Soil Test does not mean station will be there, speaking from an engineer's viewpoint. The rail runs underground and soil test will be done in a number of spots. The important question is where will the entrance/exit to the the MRT be? Wherever the station is located, the nearer your apartment is to that, the more valuable it'll be.

That's the reason why I said "keep watchfull eyes". If the soil tests are done opposite each other around 10M apart, it is most probably the track. If there are done quite a distance opposite each other and with certain intensity, it is most probably the station.

Spotting stations before they are known will enable property investors to get bargain from unaware owners. It is quite a norm for garment to announce actual route/stations 7/8 yrs before the line are built so I expect the stations will be known in 2011/2.

As property is locationx3, property in front of the station can command as high as 20% more than those 500m away, so it is very rewarding to do your homework to spot the future stations. So far, my circle of friends have already taken up units around the potention future stations, they have been quite successfull in spotted the previous stations. They are not engineers or LTA/URA connected, their method is very simple in fact common sense: i.e. drive around to spot the soil tests.

But may be it is too late to do it now as most the tests have been done....

eng81157
24-04-10, 21:25
It is not always the case. Look at the station at sixth avenue. There is a lot more stations close to the school just like dakota, bukit timah, etc. No land large enough to house a station in marine parade central. Can you find a sizeable piece of land there for the station?

sixth avenue is a low density area. can we even point out where's the 'central' hub over there? that's why i mentioned theoretically.

then let's look again where a good portion of where the current mrts are located at - either near to bus interchanges or where there's huge human traffic transit.

as for whether the soil is firm enough, i'm no civil engineer but if PP has been there for ages or was even built in the first place, it must be testament that the safety issue has been considered. you mentioned the roundabout near silversea, that's reclaimed land too.
anyway, the new marina expressway is constructed below ground and if a huge expressway can be built by excavating sea soil, it just shows that technology must be advanced enough to make it feasible.

since we are not experts in this field, let's agree to disagree that the discussion now is merely based on personal opinions, hearsays, etc. nothing wrong or right about it

gfoo
24-04-10, 21:48
isn't it common knowledge it will be on that vast plot of land (now a small park) across MP central obliquely in front of roxy? It's not reclaimed, no deep piling, clears the service duct that runs under marine parade road, and sits on state land.

Localite
24-04-10, 21:57
The eartern line is scheduled for 2020. Isn't that way too futuristic to be discussing now?

Guys we are speculating about where the mrt station will be in 2020? Do you realise the country and city as we know it could be so different for us to make a meaningful guess.

marktkt22
25-04-10, 00:34
the eastern line will be ready by 2020 but there should be announcement earlier...as of now, we can only speculate...:(

if your unit happen to be near the future site, then it a jackpot.
let see ....how things panned out in the next 3-5 years ...;)

Miow
25-04-10, 10:02
isn't it common knowledge it will be on that vast plot of land (now a small park) across MP central obliquely in front of roxy? It's not reclaimed, no deep piling, clears the service duct that runs under marine parade road, and sits on state land.

I hear it's the entire area next to Parkway Parade, including the hawkers centre, shop houses, etc. All will be gone.

CK
26-04-10, 13:00
Er, correct me if I'm wrong....actually the question should not be where the station is (cos it's underground) but where the exit point is (and they don't need a huge space for exit). It's is quite unlike say, Tampines MRT station, where it's above ground so a bigger plot is needed.

Again, I feel that the govt will want to have the exit point(s) to benefit the HDBers (cos they make up the voters) and to benefit the State (meaning near govt-related entities like NTUC, govt shop units, library, schools, etc) and lastly, to be near where the activity is (parkway parade and Marine Central). So, I reckon that the exit will be near the old cinema as it's a short distance from the above mentioned places.

I've got to try to dig for info fr acquaintances working in LTA.

urban
26-04-10, 13:08
I've got to try to dig for info fr acquaintances working in LTA.

Don't go digging for state secrets. Remember Gray Powell?

CK
26-04-10, 13:20
Don't go digging for state secrets. Remember Gray Powell?

Haha...thanks for the reminder! Ok, must go work now....must get big bonus to get my Marine Parade condo!

proper-t
27-04-10, 14:32
That's the reason why I said "keep watchfull eyes". If the soil tests are done opposite each other around 10M apart, it is most probably the track. If there are done quite a distance opposite each other and with certain intensity, it is most probably the station.

Spotting stations before they are known will enable property investors to get bargain from unaware owners. It is quite a norm for garment to announce actual route/stations 7/8 yrs before the line are built so I expect the stations will be known in 2011/2.

As property is locationx3, property in front of the station can command as high as 20% more than those 500m away, so it is very rewarding to do your homework to spot the future stations. So far, my circle of friends have already taken up units around the potention future stations, they have been quite successfull in spotted the previous stations. They are not engineers or LTA/URA connected, their method is very simple in fact common sense: i.e. drive around to spot the soil tests.

But may be it is too late to do it now as most the tests have been done....

Yah, spotted soil tests along amber road, most recently in front of Chinese swimming club. Also around the circus and old carpark. The empty carpark behind Silversea is certainly a large enough space for a station. On-line query from SLA shows it to be state land (HDB).

sealover
27-04-10, 17:52
Yah, spotted soil tests along amber road, most recently in front of Chinese swimming club. Also around the circus and old carpark. The empty carpark behind Silversea is certainly a large enough space for a station. On-line query from SLA shows it to be state land (HDB).

Today the soil tests move to front of Cote D'Azur/Parkway Parade.

We can gradually figure out the future line/stations if all D15eses feedback to this forum whevever they spot any tests in the past/future.

kstan2
27-04-10, 20:49
spotted several test sites around the katong park area. if you look at the stretch between tanjung rhu and parkway parade, katong park is the most likely location for a MRT station as there is lots of land and close to fort road. This station can also be the main station serving east coast park and the future marina east area. So, don't wait liao... buy the meyer area

CK
28-04-10, 07:29

Station is underground so no reason for the need for a big space to house the station. Unlikely for exit to be in the amber area. But train could run through there so soil test is needed. Exit will prob be more in the middle....where govt shop units are. Just my opinion.

urban
28-04-10, 08:49
As with most underground stations, there will be more than 1 exit.
It is likely that a number of condominiums can then claim to be near to the MRT.

That way, everyone wins.:)

tkc2263
28-04-10, 09:35
As has always been the case, all mrt stations and exits must be in locations whereby they yield the "bestest" benefits and reap the fullest rewards.

Inevitably there must be a station/exit at the Marine Terrace area thereabouts, most likely (in my opinion) near the neighbourhood police post. Firstly, there is a heavy concentration of HDB dwellers (almost 15 blocks) and secondly, the number of schools there; Tao Nan, Katong Convent (Sec and Pri), Ngee Ann Pri, St Patricks Sec and VJC..Thirdly, the existence of a number of new condos and landed properties there.

I have also seen though not recently soil tests done outside Mandarin Gardens, Neptune Court and that stretch of Marine Parade Road running parallel all the way to Tao Nan School.

Just my obseravtions..

28-04-10, 09:37
Spotted few soil investigations along Victory JC to Mandarin Garden not so long ago.

I remember Siglap V agent told me Siglap station could be infront of Siglap center but I think it is more likely near Mandarin Garden.

proper-t
28-04-10, 11:10
Station is underground so no reason for the need for a big space to house the station. Unlikely for exit to be in the amber area. But train could run through there so soil test is needed. Exit will prob be more in the middle....where govt shop units are. Just my opinion.

Gd point but as someone mentioned before, even underground stations need space due to piling caps. Foundation structures need to be avoided. HDB and high rise condos have deep piles plus the proximity to the sea (The ECP is sitting on reclaimed land) will limit the choices to a select few areas. As much as the authorities would like to place the station right smack in the most densely populated site, structural difficulties abound. Look for empty plots or low rise structures as a good bet for stations

acewee
28-04-10, 15:15
Has anyone considered the possibility that the line will be above ground since the land along east coast being reclaimed makes it potentially complex, and thereby expensive, to dig? Just wondering.

eng81157
28-04-10, 16:01
Has anyone considered the possibility that the line will be above ground since the land along east coast being reclaimed makes it potentially complex, and thereby expensive, to dig? Just wondering.

pointless to speculate whether it's above ground or under. just give ah lim a call to find out.

speaking of which that reminds me, he hasn't reverted to my previous sms. maybe busy preparing for elections

acewee
28-04-10, 16:09
...or maybe he not so 'eng'. :D

pointless to speculate whether it's above ground or under. just give ah lim a call to find out.

speaking of which that reminds me, he hasn't reverted to my previous sms. maybe busy preparing for elections

proper-t
29-04-10, 09:31

Actually, nobody will know until the soil tests are done and results analysed. The fact that such extensive soil tests are being done already points to the intention of an underground line. However, if soil conditions are not good or the underlying structures are not conducive (Foundations, Utility ducts and pipes etc), the decision may be to site the lines/station above ground. Case in point is Bishan going into AMK.

sealover
29-04-10, 11:23
It will be interesting to know whether the track that run through the Laguna Golf Course all the way to Changi Airport will be above ground. Logically should be as it is much cheaper to build. Cannot imagine how golfers hit their balls with trains running on fairways. A real "movable obstruction" ( golf term )!

acewee
29-04-10, 11:33
You are assuming that the Eastern line links to EXPO or Changi, which may not be the case.

It will be interesting to know whether the track that run through the Laguna Golf Course all the way to Changi Airport will be above ground. Logically should be as it is much cheaper to build. Cannot imagine how golfers hit their balls with trains running on fairways. A real "movable obstruction" ( golf term )!

sealover
29-04-10, 12:25
You are assuming that the Eastern line links to EXPO or Changi, which may not be the case.

read this http://www.lta.gov.sg/projects/proj_rail_future.htm and spend more time to do research on other popular forums ....

gtr
30-04-10, 01:03
cool..... will there be a Meyer Station at Katong Park ??

acewee
30-04-10, 10:25
sealover? what does your research tell you? any Meyer Station?

cool..... will there be a Meyer Station at Katong Park ??

sealover
30-04-10, 13:00
As mentioned by someone earlier, Mayer station most probably around Katong Park area.

The question is whether there will be a Amber Station in between Parkway and Meyer.

Miow
30-04-10, 18:16
As mentioned by someone earlier, Mayer station most probably around Katong Park area.

The question is whether there will be a Amber Station in between Parkway and Meyer.

There's a Tanjong Katong station. Any idea where it'll be located?

kstan2
30-04-10, 19:30
I think very likely to have a station at katong park to serve the meyer area and future east coat and marina east expansion. A station at katong park will also play nicely with the conservation of the old fort at the park.. it could be a 2 in 1 project. Mrt station with a exhibition hall for the park.

marktkt22
04-05-10, 22:56
There's a Tanjong Katong station. Any idea where it'll be located?

can someone tell me which are the stations in eastern line.
LTA threads only said telok kurau, sigalp, marine parade...no mentioned of tanjong katong..:)

btw, any stations near to katong mall areas ..?, or any rumoured stations near there..since all are rumours and hearsay...ha ha:tongue3:

CK
05-05-10, 07:43
http://www.lta.gov.sg/projects/images/eastern_line.jpg
The Eastern Region Line will serve the residential restates of Tanjong Rhu, Marine Parade, Siglap, Bedok South and Upper East Coast and link them to Changi in the east.

Hi, the above is what i cut and paste from LTA website.

CK
05-05-10, 07:50
http://www.lta.gov.sg/ltmp/pdf/LTMP_Report.pdf

The above shows the land transport masterplan. I think somewhere it's written as the line will be underground.

sealover
05-05-10, 22:10
http://www.lta.gov.sg/ltmp/pdf/LTMP_Report.pdf

The above shows the land transport masterplan. I think somewhere it's written as the line will be underground.

I believe the stations will be underground all the way to Bedok/Changi South before it goes surface all the way to Airport/Changi Village.

BTW, the current soil tests opposite PP "quite" intensive....

eng81157
05-05-10, 22:14
I believe the stations will be underground all the way to Bedok/Changi South before it goes surface all the way to Airport/Changi Village.

BTW, the current soil tests opposite PP "quite" intensive....

what do u mean by 'quite' intensive?

sealover
05-05-10, 22:28
what do u mean by 'quite' intensive?

Many points within a short distance

CK
06-05-10, 10:10
yup, an associate was saying very possibly the old joo chiat police station will be the underground station and exits will be one near Katong mall and the other at Marine Parade Road. Have you wondered why new projects along that Katong stretch like Shore residences, Moda have no underground car parks? Is it just costs or is it because they can't get approval?

urban
06-05-10, 11:42
yup, an associate was saying very possibly the old joo chiat police station will be the underground station and exits will be one near Katong mall and the other at Marine Parade Road. Have you wondered why new projects along that Katong stretch like Shore residences, Moda have no underground car parks? Is it just costs or is it because they can't get approval?

Coralis and Parc Seabreeze have underground carparks though.

Blue
06-05-10, 17:51
So much speculations on MRT..:doh: 10 years is a long period ahead. And by then, you might have sold your current hse and move elsewhere. Or our dear PAP may change or delay its plans.

CK
07-05-10, 07:13
Coralis and Parc Seabreeze have underground carparks though.

yep, so my guess is maybe it'll cut across from katong police station and have an exit at the marine parade side (old cinema)?

07-05-10, 09:35
yep, so my guess is maybe it'll cut across from katong police station and have an exit at the marine parade side (old cinema)?

any telltale sign to pinpoint the police station as future station?

urban
07-05-10, 11:05
any telltale sign to pinpoint the police station as future station?

Police station or NPP?
Where is the Katong Police Station?

sleek
07-05-10, 11:09
Think its referring to the old Joo Chiat Police Station, now known as Katong Village. :beats-me-man:

Police station or NPP?

CK
07-05-10, 13:35
Police station or NPP?

Yes, I mean the old Joo Chiat Police Station, which is now Katong Village, where Waraku is. They may capitalise on that piece of land by building a taller building there with MRT station underground....exit will be there as it serves the Katong Joo Chiat residents and the other exit is cut across to Marine Parade side.

marktkt22
08-05-10, 23:27
Yes, I mean the old Joo Chiat Police Station, which is now Katong Village, where Waraku is. They may capitalise on that piece of land by building a taller building there with MRT station underground....exit will be there as it serves the Katong Joo Chiat residents and the other exit is cut across to Marine Parade side.

Thanks to all for the info...this speculation of mrt sites is really interesting...I wonder when will LTA announce it...we are only 10 years from 2020 and once constrcution begins...we will have more concrete data of the mrt stations...

even if we travel by car...mrt alway add value to property in the vicinity:)

teddybear
08-05-10, 23:44
Even if we drive, our younger children also cannot drive, hence I always make sure my house is walking distance to MRT station to make it more convenient for them to take public transport to go to school and back etc. (Sometimes I also don't drive if I am going to city to avoid being caught in the bloody traffic jam over there).

Thanks to all for the info...this speculation of mrt sites is really interesting...I wonder when will LTA announce it...we are only 10 years from 2020 and once constrcution begins...we will have more concrete data of the mrt stations...

even if we travel by car...mrt alway add value to property in the vicinity:)

eng81157
09-05-10, 03:59
come to think of it, what will happen to property prices once the entire island is wired by mrt, lrts? will the premium for properties located near mrt drop?

sealover
09-05-10, 10:27
come to think of it, what will happen to property prices once the entire island is wired by mrt, lrts? will the premium for properties located near mrt drop?

Why we own car right now? Because current mrt does not take you to every part of the island. When the networks is fully built like Tokyo, London and New York, most of us will do away with the car and properties near mrts will become indispensable. Condo carpark to unit ratio can also be drastically reduced, may be less than 50% or nothing.

BTW, noted soil tests along the marine parade has moved further up to front of Church of Spore. The test line does not support CK's wild guess at Old Police Station.

DC33_2008
09-05-10, 10:52
As I said earlier, the mrt tunnel will be running along original part of katong. They are worried about another nicoll highway incident. Too much risk at this area.

Why we own car right now? Because current mrt does not take you to every part of the island. When the networks is fully built like Tokyo, London and New York, most of us will do away with the car and properties near mrts will become indispensable. Condo carpark to unit ratio can also be drastically reduced, may be less than 50% or nothing.

BTW, noted soil tests along the marine parade has moved further up to front of Church of Spore. The test line does not support CK's wild guess at Old Police Station.

sealover
09-05-10, 10:56
As I said earlier, the mrt tunnel will be running along original part of katong. They are worried about another nicoll highway incident. Too much risk at this area.

any telltale signs to support yr claim?

DC33_2008
09-05-10, 11:08
any telltale signs to support yr claim?

There is marine clay in most part of singapore. It is a weak soil which will expand when comes into contact with water and shrink when dry. Hence, this will lead to quite a lot of soil movement. With the changes in the tide and ground water, it will create dynamic stress on the foundation of buildings.

That is why boreholes is necessary to investigate the soil condition in any deep excavation and basement construction. Piles driven into the ground can sometime go missing overnight given dynamic coastal waves forces for coastal construction. Fortunately, it will not be an issue here.

eng81157
09-05-10, 11:26

was thinking about london and tokyo subways. currently, potential buyers are willing to pay a steep premium for properties located near mrts/lrts. with the network becoming more developed, it means that there would be more supply of such properties.

supply up, price down or normalize? the nature of such a discussion is purely theoretical. anyone else care to add in?

eng81157
09-05-10, 11:29
There is marine clay in most part of singapore. It is a weak soil which will expand when comes into contact with water and shrink when dry. Hence, this will lead to quite a lot of soil movement. With the changes in the tide and ground water, it will create dynamic stress on the foundation of buildings.

That is why boreholes is necessary to investigate the soil condition in any deep excavation and basement construction. Piles driven into the ground can sometime go missing overnight given dynamic coastal waves forces for coastal construction. Fortunately, it will not be an issue here.

why won't it be an issue here? care to enlighten the rest of us who ain't civil engineers?

DC33_2008
09-05-10, 12:14
why won't it be an issue here? care to enlighten the rest of us who ain't civil engineers?

I meant there is no dynamic coastal forces. It is still marine clay below as it was a sea before. Hope the reclaimed land has consolidated over the years and stronger now.

09-05-10, 12:20

I disagree with DC33, it is no more a technical difficulty from our construction industries after more than 20 yrs of experience in construction of mrts and buildings on reclaimed lands. I have involved in some of these development. In fact, I will be more concern if tunnel has to run below Kotong road where most prewar houses there are supported by weak and aged footings.

The Nicoll highway collapse is compilation of many factors including human errors which can happen everywhere.

DC33_2008
09-05-10, 14:12
I disagree with DC33, it is no more a technical difficulty from our construction industries after more than 20 yrs of experience in construction of mrts and buildings on reclaimed lands. I have involved in some of these development. In fact, I will be more concern if tunnel has to run below Kotong road where most prewar houses there are supported by weak and aged footings.

The Nicoll highway collapse is compilation of many factors including human errors which can happen everywhere.

Not sure where the tunnel will be running but if the NE line has run through Chinatown, I do not see any problem running through "Kotong" Road. I believe below Marine Parade road will be a better choice than "Kotong" road. The risk will be lower after what had happened at Nicoll Highway.

smartinvest
10-05-10, 10:44
Not sure where the tunnel will be running but if the NE line has run through Chinatown, I do not see any problem running through "Kotong" Road. I believe below Marine Parade road will be a better choice than "Kotong" road. The risk will be lower after what had happened at Nicoll Highway.

There is plenty of signs along Marine Parade road that indicate the undergound MRT tunnel will be located.

If your have time to spend, try walking down Marine parade road and look for LTA symbols along the road that indicate soil test done previously. You could see such LTA objects every 50 meters. These OBJECTS with LTA serial numbers are left after months of soil test conducted about six months ago.

There are no such symbols along East Coast road or ECP.

sleek
10-05-10, 10:53
Believe along Marine Parade is more likely too, and since the whole stretch is reclaimed land, don't think the soil would be an issue. :D

proper-t
10-05-10, 12:13
As one of the other forumers pointed out, so far, all the soil tests seem to point to the line being sited along amber and marine parade road.

Some have even seen soil test all the way down to Mandarin Gardens although I have not personally gone to look there. The line is supposed to swing into Siglap so it will be interesting to see how it is going to move from Marine Parade inwards.

gtr
10-05-10, 12:46
Noticed that along ECP somewhere near ford road where katong park's located there r some LTA works around there as well.
It's very near to the underpass just behind the new Seafront on Meyer's back gate.......
Could it be a soil test as well??
:confused:

kstan2
10-05-10, 20:11
Noticed that along ECP somewhere near ford road where katong park's located there r some LTA works around there as well.
It's very near to the underpass just behind the new Seafront on Meyer's back gate.......
Could it be a soil test as well??
:confused:

I think the work there is not related to MRT. They are building a ramp for the existing underpass.

The soil test at katong park already done sometime back. 2 holes outside Pat school house. 1 hole next to view @ meyer. 1 hole next to equatorial. Couple other test hole all over katong park. You can still see the blue cover of the bore hole if you walk around.

latour
12-05-10, 17:18
What about some work, soil-test at Bayshore Road behind the columbus childcare place? any clue? :confused:

joyride
12-05-10, 20:17
What about some work, soil-test at Bayshore Road behind the columbus childcare place? any clue? :confused:

Ya, I was wondering what work is ongoing there as well.. anyone?

tiverton18
12-05-10, 21:45
Most likely the MRT stations in Marine Parade estate will be located in Marine Parade Centre, and Marine Terrace, around the NPP or the HDB branch office in Marine Terrace. As pointed out by one of the brothers in his earlier posting, the stations need to be situated in areas where there are commercial activities, schools and heavy concentration of public as well as private housing to optimize the ridership. Stations situated in both the above mentioned locations would ideally fit the requirements of LTA.

Just my thoughts.

xebay11
12-05-10, 21:49
Most likely the MRT stations in Marine Parade estate will be located in Marine Parade Centre, and Marine Terrace, around the NPP or the HDB branch office in Marine Terrace. As pointed out by one of the brothers in his earlier posting, the stations need to be situated in areas where there are commercial activities, schools and heavy concentration of public as well as private housing to optimize the ridership. Stations situated in both the above mentioned locations would ideally fit the requirements of LTA.

Just my thoughts.

In that case another plus point for Telok Kurau especially those in Lor N.:cheers1:

tiverton18
12-05-10, 22:29
As per LTA blueprint, they have planned two stations in the Marine Parade estate itself; Marine Parade Station, and Telok Kurau Station (this station name could be a provisional name which may be changed once the exact location is announced).

The Telok Kurau Station most probably will be located in the Marine Terrace vicinity where there are heavy concentration of HDB flats, schools, and private housing estate in St Patrick, East Coast Road and part of Telok Kurau next to East Coast Road. Owners of Grand Duchess, Tierra Vue and St Pat Residences which is a stone's throw away from the Telok Kurau Station (if it is really situated in Marine Terrace) will definitely see enhanced value in their properties. Let's see whether their prayers will be answered when LTA announces the exact location of the station after the soil test has been finalised

12-05-10, 22:48
As per LTA blueprint, they have planned two stations in the Marine Parade estate itself; Marine Parade Station, and Telok Kurau Station (this station name could be a provisional name which may be changed once the exact location is announced).

The Telok Kurau Station most probably will be located in the Marine Terrace vicinity where there are heavy concentration of HDB flats, schools, and private housing estate in St Patrick, East Coast Road and part of Telok Kurau next to East Coast Road. Owners of Grand Duchess, Tierra Vue and St Pat Residences which is a stone's throw away from the Telok Kurau Station (if it is really situated in Marine Terrace) will definitely see enhanced value in their properties. Let's see whether their prayers will be answered when LTA announces the exact location of the station after the soil test has been finalised

wow LTA blueprint, where can I find it?

jlrx
12-05-10, 23:08
The official version from the Prime Minister's Office, prepared by LTA Rail Network. Graphic by Land Transport Authority and Urban Redevelopment Authority.

http://www.pmo.gov.sg/News/Messages/National+Day+Rally+Speech+2009+Part+4+Shaping+Singapore+Together.htm

http://www.pmo.gov.sg/NR/rdonlyres/A63EC56F-C11E-40B3-BDCC-57E47C0BCD2A/9080/Slide73_LTARailNetwork_LTA_URAgraphics_s.jpg
LTA Rail Network. Graphic by Land Transport Authority and Urban Redevelopment Authority

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_YlvEjlIelzk/R5qqTrgwjnI/AAAAAAAAIY8/IbV5OA2DNZM/s400/Eastern+Region.jpg

http://www.post1.net/lowem/resource/20080126-new-mrt-lines-709x443.jpg

proper-t
13-05-10, 11:37
Superimposing the govt's presentation , the line seems to follow the ECP quite closely. If the representation is correct/accurate, the stations may be closer to the ECP than further inland.
http://www.myalbum.com/Photo-ZWDTQNX7-D.jpg

sealover
13-05-10, 22:46
Superimposing the govt's presentation , the line seems to follow the ECP quite closely. If the representation is correct/accurate, the stations may be closer to the ECP than further inland.
http://www.myalbum.com/Photo-ZWDTQNX7-D.jpg

You r using Google Satellite picture. If you map the line properly on google MAP you will find the line pattern matches exactly the contour of Tanjong Rhu,Meyer,Amber,Marine Parade rather than ECP.

jlrx
13-05-10, 23:48
I use the official map from onemap.sg which is more accurate than Google Maps.

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn211/jlrx_bucket/MapGovEasternRegionLineSuperimpose.jpg

sealover
13-05-10, 23:57
Nice job jlix! Yr way of drawing the route with RED arrow looks like RED Enemy Army is charging from Marina Bay towards Changi Airport. Haha.

proud owner
14-05-10, 00:36
You r using Google Satellite picture. If you map the line properly on google MAP you will find the line pattern matches exactly the contour of Tanjong Rhu,Meyer,Amber,Marine Parade rather than ECP.

does every GREEN dot represent One station ? thats alot of stations

can do without cars

proud owner
14-05-10, 00:39
The official version from the Prime Minister's Office, prepared by LTA Rail Network. Graphic by Land Transport Authority and Urban Redevelopment Authority.

http://www.pmo.gov.sg/News/Messages/National+Day+Rally+Speech+2009+Part+4+Shaping+Singapore+Together.htm

LTA Rail Network. Graphic by Land Transport Authority and Urban Redevelopment Authority

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_YlvEjlIelzk/R5qqTrgwjnI/AAAAAAAAIY8/IbV5OA2DNZM/s400/Eastern+Region.jpg

http://www.post1.net/lowem/resource/20080126-new-mrt-lines-709x443.jpg

guys, the map above ..Blue line = existing ..
the blue line from marina towards west coast ..has the mrt service started ? can one take a train to Haw Par villa now ?

jlrx
14-05-10, 00:43
Nice job jlix! Yr way of drawing the route with RED arrow looks like RED Enemy Army is charging from Marina Bay towards Changi Airport. Haha.

The red arrow is from the original LTA drawing.

It foretells China's Red Property Liberation Army (PLA), after buying up Marina Bay, will move East into Tanjong Rhu, Marine Parade ... all the way to Changi. :scared-5:

However, they are intecepted by Singapore's own Blue Rescue Singapore Asset Force (RSAF) at Changi Airport. :scared-5:

does every GREEN dot represent One station ? thats alot of stations

can do without cars

There are only 12 stations.

proud owner
14-05-10, 01:01
The red arrow is from the original LTA drawing.

It foretells China's Red Property Liberation Army (PLA), after buying up Marina Bay, will move East into Tanjong Rhu, Marine Parade ... all the way to Changi. :scared-5:

However, they are intecepted by Singapore's own Blue Rescue Singapore Asset Force (RSAF) at Changi Airport. :scared-5:

There are only 12 stations.

the west line .. is HarborFront still the last station ??

or has serviced now extended to further west station ?

if not any idea when service will start , after harborfront towards Kent ridge ? or is it One north ?

proper-t
14-05-10, 09:23

Well done on the pics & lines...:banana:

I just play play and with rudimentary Paint in my office computer. What I meant to show is that the line will be closer to the ECP than further inland like Mountbatten or Katong. Sealover is right that it tracks tanjong Rhu, Meyer, Amber and Marine Parade very closely. There are 12 stations along this 21 km line so average inter-station spacing would be slightly less than 2km apart.

amk
14-05-10, 09:54

well done man!
sorry for the OT, but can help to do the same for the Thomson Line also ? I see very little discussion of this line here. And Thomson Line is supposedly to be "completed by 2018", earlier than Eastern Region Line.
Thanks.

devilplate
14-05-10, 09:58
next cycle can look out for potential condos near to future mrt lines. :D :D :D

proper-t
14-05-10, 10:48
next cycle can look out for potential condos near to future mrt lines. :D :D :D

According to wikipedia, stations may be known as early as 2012. So if you want to take a gamble and pre-empt, better buy before then. Once announced, owners may not want to sell or will ask sky-high prices.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to:navigation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Region_MRT_Line#head), search (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Region_MRT_Line#p-search)
Eastern Region LineOverviewTypeRapid transit (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rapid_transit)SystemMass Rapid Transit (Singapore) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_Rapid_Transit_(Singapore))StatusPlanningStations12Services1OperationOwnerLand Transport Authority (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Land_Transport_Authority)Operator(s)To be announcedTechnicalLine length21 km (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kilometre) (13 mi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mile))Track gauge (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rail_gauge)1,435 mm (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millimetre) (4 ft (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foot_(length)) 8+1⁄2 in (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inch)) Standard gauge (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_gauge)
The Eastern Region Line (ERL) is an upcoming Mass Rapid Transit (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_Rapid_Transit_(Singapore)) line in Singapore (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singapore) and is currently under planning and evaluation. The construction schedule was announced in 2008 with completion set for 2020.[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Region_MRT_Line#cite_note-channelnewsasia.com-0) Station locations are expected to be announced in 2012 or 2013.[citation needed (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citation_needed)]
The Eastern Region Line will, from Marina Bay (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marina_Bay,_Singapore), serve the residential estates of Tanjong Rhu (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanjong_Rhu), Marine Parade (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marine_Parade), Siglap (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siglap), Bedok South and Upper East Coast, and link them to Changi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Changi) in the east and interchange with the future Thomson Line (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomson_MRT_Line).[2] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Region_MRT_Line#cite_note-1) The line will be 21-km long and have 12 stations.[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Region_MRT_Line#cite_note-channelnewsasia.com-0) This line follows closely to the southern stretch of the previously planned Eastern Region Line; instead of turning towards Expo (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expo_MRT_Station), it goes eastwards and ends near Changi Ferry Terminal

sealover
14-05-10, 11:03
My "guess" of the 12 stations are:

1. Garden by the Bay
2. Tanjong Rhu
3. Meyer
4. Tanjong Katong
5. Marine Parade
6. Teluk Kurau
7. Siglap
8. Bayshore
9. Bedok South
10. Changi South
11. Airport T4
12. Changi Village

The locations of some are quite obvious from forummers' feedback. So keep on feedback...

maisonjai
14-05-10, 11:18
jlrx u the man!

Wolverine23
14-05-10, 23:31
any more analysis???? D15 is :)

jlrx
15-05-10, 01:16
well done man!
sorry for the OT, but can help to do the same for the Thomson Line also ? I see very little discussion of this line here. And Thomson Line is supposedly to be "completed by 2018", earlier than Eastern Region Line.
Thanks.

This one is for Thomson Line. Only part of the Thomson Line because it is longer (27 km vs 21 km) and straighter so the graphic is either too big or the words will be too small.

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn211/jlrx_bucket/MapGovThomsonLineSuperimpose.jpg

noblebaby
15-05-10, 09:30
Great job! With the existing lines as reference, the prediction of the future lines has high degree of accuracy!

Wondering how the train is going to go through the 90 degree bend of the DTL3 near bedok reservoir?!

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn211/jlrx_bucket/MapGovEasternRegionLineSuperimpose.jpg

eng81157
15-05-10, 09:49
Great job! With the existing lines as reference, the prediction of the future lines has high degree of accuracy!

Wondering how the train is going to go through the 90 degree bend of the DTL3 near bedok reservoir?!

gradual curve, not a sharp bend

noblebaby
15-05-10, 10:02
Similar bend for circle line, so should be ok. haha. the tunnel engineers should know better me. :p

gradual curve, not a sharp bend

Wolverine23
15-05-10, 11:25
maybe NAFA kindergarten will be one station??? :)

marktkt22
16-05-10, 16:09
cool...using official data from PMO and superimposed on the map...that settled the mrt track...as well as provide clues on the stations...thumb up jlrx ..!! :spliff:

latour
16-05-10, 16:13
Well done!!! I like it... nice... ;)

1. Garden by the Bay
2. Tanjong Rhu
3. Meyer
4. Tanjong Katong
5. Marine Parade
6. Teluk Kurau
7. Siglap
8. Bayshore
9. Bedok South
10. Changi South
11. Airport T4
12. Changi Village

The locations of some are quite obvious from forummers' feedback. So keep on feedback...

Wolverine23
16-05-10, 16:19
so where will tanjong katong, marine parade and telok kurau station be at?????? any one can "map" it? :0

marktkt22
16-05-10, 19:07
so where will tanjong katong, marine parade and telok kurau station be at?????? any one can "map" it? :0

wow...this thread is really gettng exciting with the breakthro in map superimposition and all the possible 12 stations for the 21km ERL...

now is 2010...i think new will be out by 2012-2013...:)

kstan2
16-05-10, 19:34
Do you all know what is the premium on Condos near a MRT station? How much will the view @ meyer or belvedere cost if a MRT station is announced at Katong park?

tiverton18
16-05-10, 21:11
10 to 20% higher based on reports in the press. Properties closest to the Circle Line MRT stations are reported to enjoy enhanced value of 10 to 20%.

Wolverine23
16-05-10, 22:20
hope to see D15 at 1500psf soon! :cheers6:

tiverton18
16-05-10, 22:36
The Sound is already selling for close to $1500psf. Isnt that a reality? Better located developments at St Patrick Road, like Tierra Vue, Grand Duchess and St Pat Residences directly opposite the Sound are only transacted close to $1200psf, which is still $300 psf short of your wish.

Developers in St Patrick Road are confident that the Telok Kurau MRT station is likely to be located in Marine Terrrace. Shouldnt the value of these 3 condos be worth $1500 psf once the MRT stationed is confirmed to be at Marine Terrace.

Wolverine23
16-05-10, 22:45
The Sound is already selling for close to $1500psf. Isnt that a reality? Better located developments at St Patrick Road, like Tierra Vue, Grand Duchess and St Pat Residences directly opposite the Sound are only transacted close to $1200psf, which is still $300 psf short of your wish.

Developers in St Patrick Road are confident that the Telok Kurau MRT station is likely to be located in Marine Terrrace. Shouldnt the value of these 3 condos be worth $1500 psf once the MRT stationed is confirmed to be at Marine Terrace.

:) You forgot to mention St Patrick's Loft... :)

gtr
17-05-10, 00:15
Do you all know what is the premium on Condos near a MRT station? How much will the view @ meyer or belvedere cost if a MRT station is announced at Katong park?

Wow...if MRT station is really gonna be located at Katong Park guess those projects nearby will sell as high as $1800psf in future :confused: ???

Just my 2 cents

kstan2
17-05-10, 21:53
$1800 sounds good. So it is a bargain now. If Disneyland or a 3rd IR is announced at Marina East.. the seafront will become like the sail... at least $2000+

marktkt22
17-05-10, 23:12
Well done!!! I like it... nice... ;)

alamak, no station at katong/joo chiat... what a miss ...:banghead:

proper-t
18-05-10, 09:32
alamak, no station at katong/joo chiat... what a miss ...:banghead:

Don't worry too much about it. Even though the actual station might be situated elsewhere due to infrastructural restriction, the beauty of an underground station is that access points/tunnels can be burrowed underground to link to heavy traffic locales or across roads. So access points into the MRT station could be sited close to some of the more popular locations. Of course, there is a limitation to how long the tunnel can be. Where these access points are going to be depends on economic, demographic and social considerations.

proper-t
18-05-10, 10:27
Nowadays, when people sell property, they always cite the distance to the access point rather than the station itself. Most people don't take into account the distance they have to walk in the underground tunnels to reach the actual station.

urban
18-05-10, 11:11
Nowadays, when people sell property, they always cite the distance to the access point rather than the station itself. Most people don't take into account the distance they have to walk in the underground tunnels to reach the actual station.

Which is kind of a bummer.
In Japan, one could walk from one station to another station, simply because the access points are so 'spread out'

tkc2263
18-05-10, 11:13

Well, if there is gonna be a MRT station at Marine Terrace, not only will the existing developments enjoy premuim psfs, can you imagine the en bloc potential for St Patrick's Garden, Neptune Court and Mandarin Gardens?

urban
18-05-10, 12:10
Well, if there is gonna be a MRT station at Marine Terrace, not only will the existing developments enjoy premuim psfs, can you imagine the en bloc potential for St Patrick's Garden, Neptune Court and Mandarin Gardens?

It makes more sense to have the MRT nearer to the HDBs than condos.

Blue
18-05-10, 13:29
They built an MRT station at the Stadium where there are hardly any residents nearby to use it. :doh:

Douk
18-05-10, 13:37
why are they building MRT along Bukit Timah ?:rolleyes:

tkc2263
18-05-10, 15:57

Hello...Marine Terrace is HDB heartland itself. What we have been saying so far is that the psfs of the nearby conds will enjoy a premium. Understandably, HDB blocks in the vicinity of MRT stations will tend to have the same effect too. :cheers6:

urban
18-05-10, 16:41
They built an MRT station at the Stadium where there are hardly any residents nearby to use it. :doh:

Won't the Stadium MRT be used by all who use the Stadium, even if no one stays there?:doh:

teddybear
18-05-10, 17:39
I guess not really for the sake of Bukit Timah area, but the many pieces of empty land at Upper Bukit Timah, Bukit Panjang, & beyond to cater for population growth in those areas.

why are they building MRT along Bukit Timah ?:rolleyes:

marktkt22
18-05-10, 18:07

thanks proper-T .....from what you siad...there a glimmer of hope for those who stay at katong..in that ... that the access point may be nearer even though the station is further away...:)

marktkt22
18-05-10, 18:09

agree..st patr garden, being one the last in that area to enbloc will enjoy windfall....millionaires in the making:)

mrt alway bring windfall to those who live nearby...

Wolverine23
18-05-10, 22:35
why st pat's garden????

perestroikas
18-05-10, 22:35
agree..st patr garden, being one the last in that area to enbloc will enjoy windfall....millionaires in the making:)

mrt alway bring windfall to those who live nearby...

i dun agree to buying near MRT. Its full of .. how shall i put it nicely.. peasants...not clean and very crowded. But luckily, peasants do not have cars and cannot infiltrate areas without MRT. Sooner or later, everywhere in Singapore will be near MRT or LRT. The only refuge will be places not served by MRT. Accessible only by cars or a good pair of walking shoes. The environment in these areas will be different.

Komo
18-05-10, 22:46

Also, even if say 2 condos located near MRT station doesn't mean that they are equally convenient. It still depends on which station they are near to. eg a condo by the side of lakeside station is surely not as good as another condo by the side of Yishun station, even though both are far from city central. Afterall, Yishun station is along the main NS line leading to Novena, Orchard, Dhoby Guat, Raffles Place, and so on and connects to circle line as well.

joyride
18-05-10, 22:47
i dun agree to buying near MRT. Its full of .. how shall i put it nicely.. peasants...not clean and very crowded. But luckily, peasants do not have cars and cannot infiltrate areas without MRT. Sooner or later, everywhere in Singapore will be near MRT or LRT. The only refuge will be places not served by MRT. Accessible only by cars or a good pair of walking shoes. The environment in these areas will be different.

You refer those who take MRT as peasants?! Err... I don't like to stay too close to MRT but I think the areas around MRTs are relatively clean..and definitely these people are not peasants..

Wolverine23
18-05-10, 22:51
You refer those who take MRT as peasants?! Err... I don't like to stay too close to MRT but I think the areas around MRTs are relatively clean..and definitely these people are not peasants..

bro, no point replying to these type of posts...:cool: different level of intellect

xebay11
19-05-10, 06:18
bro, no point replying to these type of posts...:cool: different level of intellect

I guess all those living at ION are peasants. LOL!

proper-t
19-05-10, 09:53
thanks proper-T .....from what you siad...there a glimmer of hope for those who stay at katong..in that ... that the access point may be nearer even though the station is further away...:)

You are welcome. Therein lies the benefit of an underground line/station. If the station was above ground, it would be quite apparent how far the station is from your locale. The other benefit will be less noise. I have gone to look at some properties which are sited just next to above ground stations and the noise level can be a bit irritating. Of course the disadvantange of an underground line is the inconvenience, mess and traffic chaos during the construction phase as underground lines entail much more work.

Also, even if say 2 condos located near MRT station doesn't mean that they are equally convenient. It still depends on which station they are near to. eg a condo by the side of lakeside station is surely not as good as another condo by the side of Yishun station, even though both are far from city central. Afterall, Yishun station is along the main NS line leading to Novena, Orchard, Dhoby Guat, Raffles Place, and so on and connects to circle line as well.

Quite true, but regardless of the 'true' convenience of the location of the station, the positive impact on property prices from having a mrt station at your doorstep cannot be ignored. It is also a great selling point if planning to rent out.

teddybear
19-05-10, 10:27
Peasants paying >$4000 psf for their "holes in the sky"? They farm in the sky? :p

I guess all those living at ION are peasants. LOL!

smallant
19-05-10, 11:00
More like shopping addicts .. Shopholic ! Think they need to go for clinic to cure them.. then the price of Ion will drop to < 2000 psf ! :)

mantrix
19-05-10, 11:54
no need go clinic

reported in news today Orchard MRT was target of terrorists (thanks goodness they got caught)

but to those extremists it is in a 'prime' location

suspect this may have an impact on prices and demand... :scared-2:

urban
19-05-10, 12:55
Peasants paying >$4000 psf for their "holes in the sky"? They farm in the sky? :p

For the few who can afford such prices, they have money growing automatically on their trees.

loonymaloney
19-05-10, 13:11
i don't mind being a peasant then.

For the few who can afford such prices, they have money growing automatically on their trees.

xebay11
19-05-10, 13:12
no need go clinic

reported in news today Orchard MRT was target of terrorists (thanks goodness they got caught)

but to those extremists it is in a 'prime' location

suspect this may have an impact on prices and demand... :scared-2:

I am picturing the image of the ION crumbling like WTC.:doh:

mantrix
19-05-10, 14:00
I am picturing the image of the ION crumbling like WTC.:doh:

Gasp - next to follow will be property prices crumbling like ION :(

teddybear
19-05-10, 15:22
If Orchard Residences prices drop to <=$2000 psf, then OCR properties prices will drop to <$400 psf? :scared-1:

Gasp - next to follow will be property prices crumbling like ION :(

eng81157
19-05-10, 17:34
If Orchard Residences prices drop to <=$2000 psf, then OCR properties prices will drop to <$400 psf? :scared-1:

& we rescind back to the era where police wear shorts -"ma tah cheng teh kor"?

Blue
19-05-10, 18:14

On the contrary, prime districts property prices will fall due to terrorism while OCR will rise bec it is less targeted. :scared-5:

Staying too near the MRT (especially crowded ones) does not seem to be safe afterall!

urban
19-05-10, 18:49
On the contrary, prime districts property prices will fall due to terrorism while OCR will rise bec it is less targeted. :scared-5:

Staying too near the MRT (especially crowded ones) does not seem to be safe afterall!

Safest is near to the train to Malaysia. Can take the KL express out of here for safety. Lookout for properties next to Malaysian train track.

teddybear
19-05-10, 20:42
When terrorists attack Singapore or in war, staying next to MRT station can quickly hide into MRT station as they are also built to act as super solid bomb-shelter. Staying far away probably got bombed & disintegrate into pieces before they can even run to safely in the bomb-shelter. :scared-2:

Those condo's built-in bomb-shelter useless one lah.

Staying in OCR so crowded that the MRT station also not enough to shelter all the residents there especially the old HDB flats and condos don't have bomb-shelter. Staying in D15 even worse because no MRT bomb shelter to hide! :scared-1: By the time they run (no bus and no train operating liao by then) to a MRT bomb-shelter (assuming they super strong and super lucky to avoid all the attacks along the way), they can't even get into the MRT station because already full! :banghead:

Komo
19-05-10, 21:01
so no point investing all the money in condo....diversify and buy some landed also and build tunnels. Can protect from nuclear blast too!

teddybear
19-05-10, 21:30
Self-built tunnels mostly "tou fu zha". Just a bit of earth shake only will get buried alive in there! :scared-3:

so no point investing all the money in condo....diversify and buy some landed also and build tunnels. Can protect from nuclear blast too!

Wolverine23
19-05-10, 23:26
anyone else has "inside" info on location of ERL stations? :P

cl0ver
20-05-10, 00:10
aiyaa... even if announce, doubt the area will shoot up in price...
just look at MappleWoods... freehold, bukit timah, next to future MRT, near MGS also selling now less than The Sound....

why? because its 13 yrs old. so when ERL completed, most condos in east will also be 10yrs old....

xebay11
20-05-10, 08:27
aiyaa... even if announce, doubt the area will shoot up in price...
just look at MappleWoods... freehold, bukit timah, next to future MRT, near MGS also selling now less than The Sound....

why? because its 13 yrs old. so when ERL completed, most condos in east will also be 10yrs old....

Maplewoods has been increasing steadily in the past.

proper-t
20-05-10, 09:35
Not only Maplewoods but the landed properties along the whole bukit timah stretch have shot up like crazy.

latour
20-05-10, 09:35
anyone else has "inside" info on location of ERL stations? :P

Ya, wanted to ask this oso...

Blue
20-05-10, 09:47
When terrorists attack Singapore or in war, staying next to MRT station can quickly hide into MRT station as they are also built to act as super solid bomb-shelter. Staying far away probably got bombed & disintegrate into pieces before they can even run to safely in the bomb-shelter. :scared-2:

Those condo's built-in bomb-shelter useless one lah.

Staying in OCR so crowded that the MRT station also not enough to shelter all the residents there especially the old HDB flats and condos don't have bomb-shelter. Staying in D15 even worse because no MRT bomb shelter to hide! :scared-1: By the time they run (no bus and no train operating liao by then) to a MRT bomb-shelter (assuming they super strong and super lucky to avoid all the attacks along the way), they can't even get into the MRT station because already full! :banghead:

Those terrorists are planning to bomb the MRT stations esp Orchard, Somerset & Dhoby Ghaut. You are still thinking of running to hide in these MRT tunnels! :doh:

OCR =>Terrorists can't even be bothered to sacrifice their lives (suicide bombing) to bomb HDBs. :p

proper-t
20-05-10, 09:59
Ya, wanted to ask this oso...

Haha...those in the know would probably be buying up units near the stations already....

However, I recall in another forum where some actually posted some prospective sites. Let me see whether can dig up.

teddybear
20-05-10, 10:47
Terrorists won't live in CCR so the moment they carry a big backpack (needed to hold the explosives) from somewhere wanting to carry out their terror attack they already rose suspicion + the fact so many police around guarding (see the uniformed ones frequently along Orchard Road, not including the plain-cloth police hiding among the people there) + the many police headquarters nearby beside Istana & Tanglin & Kampong Java etc.

OCR? So crowded with so many foreigners all living there and many all carrying backpacks and that checking is difficult + since everybody also think they can't be bothered, then it become early target for them to show off that they can still MAKE IT in Singapore! :scared-3: Looks like Parkway Parade is easy target? :scared-2:

Those terrorists are planning to bomb the MRT stations esp Orchard, Somerset & Dhoby Ghaut. You are still thinking of running to hide in these MRT tunnels! :doh:

OCR =>Terrorists can't even be bothered to sacrifice their lives (suicide bombing) to bomb HDBs. :p

20-05-10, 11:03
Not again, Terrybear is coming in to terrorise this nice thread .... :stop_war:

Wolverine23
20-05-10, 17:25
Haha...those in the know would probably be buying up units near the stations already....

However, I recall in another forum where some actually posted some prospective sites. Let me see whether can dig up.

thanks! hope to see that soon! :)

marktkt22
20-05-10, 22:38

...we all wanted to know the prospective sitess...that the main purpose of this thread..ha ha:) ..waiting for that post..

Blue
21-05-10, 10:26
Terrorists won't live in CCR so the moment they carry a big backpack (needed to hold the explosives) from somewhere wanting to carry out their terror attack they already rose suspicion + the fact so many police around guarding (see the uniformed ones frequently along Orchard Road, not including the plain-cloth police hiding among the people there) + the many police headquarters nearby beside Istana & Tanglin & Kampong Java etc.

OCR? So crowded with so many foreigners all living there and many all carrying backpacks and that checking is difficult + since everybody also think they can't be bothered, then it become early target for them to show off that they can still MAKE IT in Singapore! :scared-3: Looks like Parkway Parade is easy target? :scared-2:

Two other most feasible places they want to bomb besides the prime Orchard Road area:

1) Novena / IRAS: So they no need to pay taxes, all records are swept out
2) Little India: They join forces with the Pakistanis hidden in a swarm of black sea and blow the whole area from Jalan Besar all the way to Selegie Road

:D

teddybear
21-05-10, 13:26
Talk of that, they are more likely to target:
- Meyer Road & Amber Road areas: The rich foreign indians crowding over there making the poor Talibans red eyes and want to blow them out. :scared-3:
- Parliament House and Raffles Place - Bomb those who support war on Iraq.
- Chinatown: So crowded, can bomb the Chin-nas.
- Parkway Parade: Bomb the only big shopping mall in D15.

Two other most feasible places they want to bomb besides the prime Orchard Road area:

1) Novena / IRAS: So they no need to pay taxes, all records are swept out
2) Little India: They join forces with the Pakistanis hidden in a swarm of black sea and blow the whole area from Jalan Besar all the way to Selegie Road

:D

devilplate
21-05-10, 13:47
lol.....bomb during NDP :scared-3:

smallant
21-05-10, 14:13
no leh... you need to understand those terror mindset.. They will be like those Sep 11 goons which see them going for iconic buildings.. maybe the recent ones ??
Let's pray they will not succeed and our police manage to nap them fast like mas... Have faith in our po lice lah.. Am sure with all the additional manpower, high tech stuff.. a matter of time before all will be napped ! :D

Blue
21-05-10, 17:33
Talk of that, they are more likely to target:
- Meyer Road & Amber Road areas: The rich foreign indians crowding over there making the poor Talibans red eyes and want to blow them out. :scared-3:
- Parliament House and Raffles Place - Bomb those who support war on Iraq.
- Chinatown: So crowded, can bomb the Chin-nas.
- Parkway Parade: Bomb the only big shopping mall in D15.

What kind of glory (to them) is there to bomb Parkway Parade? :D

I think you'll (anti-D15) be the first suspect if Parkway Parade gets bombed!

teddybear
21-05-10, 20:26
Bomb the SM constituency mah, big glory. All your ah-neh in D15 will have to move elsewhere since no more big shopping mall to shop in D15. :D

What kind of glory (to them) is there to bomb Parkway Parade? :D

I think you'll (anti-D15) be the first suspect if Parkway Parade gets bombed!

Wolverine23
22-05-10, 10:07
Bomb the SM constituency mah, big glory. All your ah-neh in D15 will have to move elsewhere since no more big shopping mall to shop in D15. :D

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

eng81157
22-05-10, 10:27
loonie on the loose

22-05-10, 11:28

变态!无聊!希望有关当局在监视这个家伙

Wolverine23
22-05-10, 20:31
actually nowadays not many people are selling D15 properties in good location... :(

marktkt22
22-05-10, 21:09

live in peace....we stay in our D15....you stay in your prime district d9,or D10...peace breed prosperity.

if there are really terrorists bombs....all of us will suffer...:scared-3: no point...loss loss situation.

marktkt22
22-05-10, 21:19
There quite a good thread in D16 forum ...

http://forums.condosingapore.com/images/icons/favicon.gif Soil Testing Along Marine Parade Rd --which also discussed on mrt.

There also another thread which discuss on D16..mrt stations..--MRT in D16 *Eastern Region Line (ERL)

seem that there are many like minded who is guessing the ERL sites.:)
nice work, forumer..

Wolverine23
22-05-10, 22:37
but we nneed to know the exxact locations!!! there are actually a lot of empty state land around the areas....

plot behind NAFA, plot opp VJC, etc.... all these are potential MRT openings... ;)

sealover
22-05-10, 23:30
but we nneed to know the exxact locations!!! there are actually a lot of empty state land around the areas....

plot behind NAFA, plot opp VJC, etc.... all these are potential MRT openings... ;)

If u want to know exact locations, you hv to pay special attention on soil tests carrying out by LTA contractors. So far, comprehensive tests have been spotted from Tanjong Rhu to Marine Parade, I believe they are starting to move towards Marine Cresent/Terrace.

Wolverine23
23-05-10, 08:00
If u want to know exact locations, you hv to pay special attention on soil tests carrying out by LTA contractors. So far, comprehensive tests have been spotted from Tanjong Rhu to Marine Parade, I believe they are starting to move towards Marine Cresent/Terrace.

how do you spot these soil tests??? how does it look like?

rambo6
23-05-10, 11:14
how do you spot these soil tests??? how does it look like?

soil testing is done using a drilling rig, approx. 3m to 4m high.
quite easy to spot them.
they are usually a team of 3 to 5 workers, and the drilling is usually done on the sidetable (turf area on the side of the road).
they will drill into the ground to analyse the change of soil types at different depths for recording purposes.
The engineers will then do a feasibility study on the tunnelling route using the soil test reports.

Wolverine23
23-05-10, 11:59
soil testing is done using a drilling rig, approx. 3m to 4m high.
quite easy to spot them.
they are usually a team of 3 to 5 workers, and the drilling is usually done on the sidetable (turf area on the side of the road).
they will drill into the ground to analyse the change of soil types at different depths for recording purposes.
The engineers will then do a feasibility study on the tunnelling route using the soil test reports.

ok, i try to look around... could it also be that they are checking to see if the land is sinking?

sealover
23-05-10, 13:46
ok, i try to look around... could it also be that they are checking to see if the land is sinking?

you can see for yourself right now two tests being done infront of old Republic theatre and one at marine parade/Still road junction. After the test, they will leave a small blue/red stone marker.

peterng8
23-05-10, 14:37
loonie on the loose

huh, are u kidding, now authorities are keeping a clsoe watch esp the discovery of orchard mrt map in a raid in indonesia..and we some person here on a loose cannon...

sealover
24-05-10, 09:43
Today StraitsTimes:

So it is confirmed that Thomson Line will be connected to Eastern Region Line.

proper-t
24-05-10, 11:01
well done, bro sealover,

On the money...first station.....the Garden by the Bay interchange.....

1. Garden by the Bay
2. Tanjong Rhu
3. Meyer
4. Tanjong Katong
5. Marine Parade
6. Teluk Kurau
7. Siglap
8. Bayshore
9. Bedok South
10. Changi South
11. Airport T4
12. Changi Village

http://i630.photobucket.com/albums/uu22/don_diego_2000/240410Marina_Lines.png

sealover
24-05-10, 11:48
The next station connecting Garden by the Bay should be Tanjong Rhu, many have speculated that it is near Costa Rhu but it is out of track alignment and no soil tests done around there so far.

My "guess" the station should be around Tahjong Ria Condo as it is within the alignment, soil tests done and ample empty lands surrounding it.

proper-t
24-05-10, 14:56
Place your bets !!! A, B, C, D , E ,F or none of the below.

http://www.myalbum.com/Photo-8ZH7OLNE-D.jpg

proper-t
24-05-10, 17:58
Just for fun/discussion and based on guesstimates. Potential line/stations based on what forumers have been discussing in this/other threads.

http://www.myalbum.com/GroteFoto-3H6N6TYC.jpg

Wolverine23
24-05-10, 18:38
this is getting good!

Komo
24-05-10, 22:00
does it go round Singapore? looks like an outer ring.

kstan2
24-05-10, 22:24
Well done with the maps... my money will be on MRT at Katong Park.. Tanjong Rhu station really depends on the plan for Marina East... from the map, it looks like the track will cross the river and hit the marina golf course.. so the station will likely be at marina east if there is plan for a 3rd IR or theme park there... anything is possible since we are talking about completion in 2020..the track will then head towards meyer and then parkway..

Furthermore, tanjong rhu already has stadium station and water taxi.. and the current population there may not justify another MRT station...

proper-t
25-05-10, 09:24
Well done with the maps... my money will be on MRT at Katong Park.. Tanjong Rhu station really depends on the plan for Marina East... from the map, it looks like the track will cross the river and hit the marina golf course.. so the station will likely be at marina east if there is plan for a 3rd IR or theme park there... anything is possible since we are talking about completion in 2020..the track will then head towards meyer and then parkway..

Furthermore, tanjong rhu already has stadium station and water taxi.. and the current population there may not justify another MRT station...

Great feedback. Let's keep the discussion going. If the Marina east is really developed, then it could make sense to site a station there but the official announcement on LTA's site already states quote "The Eastern Region Line will serve the residential estates of Tanjong Rhu, Marine Parade, Siglap, Bedok South and Upper East Coast and link them to Changi in the east." unquote.

In terms of proximity of the 'proposed' Tanjong Rhu station to the Stadium MRT, it is no different between Lavender and Nicoll. The intention of this line may be to serve a different segment of commuters as it appears to be joining the TSL.

sealover
25-05-10, 11:47
Great feedback. Let's keep the discussion going. If the Marina east is really developed, then it could make sense to site a station there but the official announcement on LTA's site already states quote "The Eastern Region Line will serve the residential estates of Tanjong Rhu, Marine Parade, Siglap, Bedok South and Upper East Coast and link them to Changi in the east." unquote.

In terms of proximity of the 'proposed' Tanjong Rhu station to the Stadium MRT, it is no different between Lavender and Nicoll. The intention of this line may be to serve a different segment of commuters as it appears to be joining the TSL.

I agree. It is our government objective to develop a city mrt network with walking distance of about 400m from one station to another. By then, a lot of people will give up cars when visit, work or live in city.

I append a newspaper cutting fyi:

kstan2
25-05-10, 22:32

Good discussion. The LTA's announcement is so generic, a station at katong park also consider serving tanjong rhu residential estate, just need a short bus ride. A station at marina east with long underpass leading to tanjong rhu also serving tanjong rhu.

Nicoll highway and lavendar is slightly different, they serve the shopping malls, offices, residential, hdb flats, etc and future kallang developments. But tanjong rhu is purely residential with high car ownership (affordability). And if you just look at the land mass, tanjong rhu is much smaller than Marina East (it looks bigger than the usable land on sentosa and marina bay).

So the Million $$$s question is ... What is going to happen to Marina East? Will it be left as it is? Sure No...Will it be given to Malaysia in exchange for rail way station? Will a Disneyland or 3rd IR be built on it? I think this question is worth more than where the MRT stations are..

Wolverine23
25-05-10, 23:25
there is no doubt there will be a 3rd IR. :)

Perfume
25-05-10, 23:33
Shouldn't the Tanjong Rhu station be located near the Tanjong Rhu Footbridge?

This not only serve the residents staying in Tanjong Rhu , it also helps to take a portion of the big crowds from the Stadium station during big events in the stadium area. Passenger staying along the east coast do not need to change train in Paya Lebar MRT.

Moreover, there could also be an underground walkway to Marina East from there.:)

kstan2
25-05-10, 23:53
Shouldn't the Tanjong Rhu station be located near the Tanjong Rhu Footbridge?

This not only serve the residents staying in Tanjong Rhu , it also helps to take a portion of the big crowds from the Stadium station during big events in the stadium area. Passenger staying along the east coast do not need to change train in Paya Lebar MRT.

Moreover, there could also be an underground walkway to Marina East from there.:)

I think that is the plan if nothing is going on at marina east. If there is a 3rd IR, the MRT will sure go there. Tanjong Rhu is too small and too residential, you wouldn't want to go there unless you live there. Furthermore, there is already stdium station serving the stadium crowd.

Imagine you are a tourist arrivng at Changi airport... just hop on the eastern region line and you can get to "Marina East Wynn Resort" or Marina Bay Sands resort...it all just fits in nicely..

gwlip
26-05-10, 00:02
Can Singapore support a 3rd IR? Isn't there a golf course at Marina East already?? :beats-me-man:

sealover
26-05-10, 00:21
I think that is the plan if nothing is going on at marina east. If there is a 3rd IR, the MRT will sure go there. Tanjong Rhu is too small and too residential, you wouldn't want to go there unless you live there. Furthermore, there is already stdium station serving the stadium crowd.

Imagine you are a tourist arrivng at Changi airport... just hop on the eastern region line and you can get to "Marina East Wynn Resort" or Marina Bay Sands resort...it all just fits in nicely..

whatever you guys said about alternative locations, you have to find clues to support your urgument. i.e. mapping LTA line on road map, soil tests etc. If not, someone will expect our powerful NTUC to ask for a station to be built in the middle of their Marina Golf Course to promote golf to all unionists.

Wolverine23
26-05-10, 07:16
Can Singapore support a 3rd IR? Isn't there a golf course at Marina East already?? :beats-me-man:

why can't singapore support a 3rd IR? there could be more

latour
26-05-10, 18:25
Just for fun/discussion and based on guesstimates. Potential line/stations based on what forumers have been discussing in this/other threads.

http://www.myalbum.com/GroteFoto-3H6N6TYC.jpg

ERL is suppose to be 21km and 12 stations, any estimation where the rest of the stations? will be interesting to guess and know.

flxcat
26-05-10, 20:04
Eat I knowvthe golf course in on lease for 15yrs since maybe 5-6yrs ago. Do not think is going to be long term. Of course extension of lease is always a possibility

kstan2
26-05-10, 22:13

I think casino is the more the merrier.. just look at macau .. since there are already 2.. no harm having the 3rd or 4th...

the golf course only take up about 1/3 of the land mass.. and the lease is only 18 yrs when it started... come to think of it..perfect to build a golf resort with casino and a theme park.. all run by NTUC... casino will be called "NTUC Fair game".

gwlip
26-05-10, 22:52
I think casino is the more the merrier.. just look at macau .. since there are already 2.. no harm having the 3rd or 4th...

the golf course only take up about 1/3 of the land mass.. and the lease is only 18 yrs when it started... come to think of it..perfect to build a golf resort with casino and a theme park.. all run by NTUC... casino will be called "NTUC Fair game".

LOL that's funny. Would be nice to have another IR there .. then again I always thought it was a pity the disney project never took off at that location.

proper-t
27-05-10, 12:45
ERL is suppose to be 21km and 12 stations, any estimation where the rest of the stations? will be interesting to guess and know.

Sorry but I don't have a good feel beyond bayshore as I don't monitor the soil tests thereon. Perhaps some of our experts who have been following the soil tests there can shed some light. The map can be obtained at www.onemap.com.sg (http://www.onemap.com.sg) or maps.google.com.sg. If they are willing to post the excat location of some potential stations, I can put it on the maps.

proper-t
27-05-10, 13:01
LOL that's funny. Would be nice to have another IR there .. then again I always thought it was a pity the disney project never took off at that location.

Anyway, the concept plan 2011 is supposed to be out soon so it may shed some light on what is going to happen at Marina East.

Even if there are plans, it is still conceptual and I don't think they will site a station there unless something concrete crops ups within the next two years.

Why? Because if the target is really to have the ERL up and running by 2020, they have to finalise the line & stations within the next two years (i.e. announcement in 2012/3) as it takes time to draw up plans, call for tenders and construction proper.

DTL2 stations was revealed in 2008 and completion is in 2015 which is a good 7 yrs.

27-05-10, 13:08
Originally Posted by sealover

1. Garden by the Bay
2. Tanjong Rhu
3. Meyer
4. Tanjong Katong
5. Marine Parade
6. Teluk Kurau
7. Siglap
8. Bayshore
9. Bedok South
10. Changi South
11. Airport T4
12. Changi Village

+++++++++++
I think Sealover has posted quite accurately the 12 possible stations. So far, only location of Meyer/Fort ( Katong Park ) and Marine Parade stations are pretty obvious.

sealover
28-05-10, 23:56
My latest ERL prediction:

Wolverine23
29-05-10, 07:29
:)

what programs do you guys use to draw the lines?

29-05-10, 10:21

I thought you earlier mentioned Changi South now no more but two stations at airport. Any reason?

sealover
29-05-10, 19:26
I thought you earlier mentioned Changi South now no more but two stations at airport. Any reason?

Ya, originally i thought Changi South to serve Changi Business Park based on mapping but it is too near to the existing Expo station. So a good alternative is to have one station at Terminal 1/2 and another at 3/4 to serve our very big airport also be an interchange for ERL and EastWest line at T2.

proper-t
30-05-10, 10:52

Nice work ! :cheers4:

30-05-10, 15:15
Ya, originally i thought Changi South to serve Changi Business Park based on mapping but it is too near to the existing Expo station. So a good alternative is to have one station at Terminal 1/2 and another at 3/4 to serve our very big airport also be an interchange for ERL and EastWest line at T2.

Do U have a better resolution map?

kstan2
30-05-10, 19:45
Place your bets !!! A, B, C, D , E ,F or none of the below.

http://www.myalbum.com/Photo-8ZH7OLNE-D.jpg

Went for a recce on my bike just now. Didnt realise that nicoll MRt station is actually this close to Coasta Rhu... i think it is less than 200m if there is a bridge. So i think if i work for LTA, i will recommend to build a bridge to link the costa rhu end to nicoll mrt by building a nice bridge.. like helix

then build the new ERL station at location E or nearer to new road bridge to serve the schools and new developments..or just build it at marina east if there is a new project

sealover
30-05-10, 21:46
Do U have a better resolution map?

Ya, but for my private consumption/editing only . Sorry:beats-me-man: .

BTW the soil tests has moved forward from Parkway towards Marine Cres. Currently 3 test wells can be spotted between Still Road and Telok Kurau Road. I think they will move to Marine Cres very soon where potentially a station will be built.

proper-t
01-06-10, 14:01
Hi sealover,

I did some analysis of yr line after Bedok. Your line appears to follow the ECP but according to the LTA slides, it seems to be following the Changi Coast Road instead as shown in the pic below and the superimposition done by jlrx

http://www.myalbum.com/Photo-FDIOYFD6-D.jpg
http://www.pmo.gov.sg/NR/rdonlyres/A63EC56F-C11E-40B3-BDCC-57E47C0BCD2A/9080/Slide73_LTARailNetwork_LTA_URAgraphics_s.jpg

01-06-10, 15:45
mkkkkkkkkkkkk

sealover
01-06-10, 21:40
I agree that it should be Changi Coast Rd by mapping method as there isn't telltale signs so far. My reason being that if the line is along Changi Coast Rd, it has to turn into the airport terminal ( most probably terminal 2/3/4 to interconnect with existing EastWest line ). As a result it is no more a straight line. Moreover turning from Changi Coast Line to airport has to cross the runway meaning more money to spend on building underground tunnel. So the only straight line is to run along ECP all the way to the airport.

Howeve, if the final outcome is along Changi Coast Rd, that means the existing Airport line will be extended to interconnect at a new ERL station outside the airport area just like the jlrx's maps.

BTW, I think there is a possibility that a station will be built but not in operation at the exit of the golf course for future development otherwise the line will be too long without a station.

Hi sealover,

I did some analysis of yr line after Bedok. Your line appears to follow the ECP but according to the LTA slides, it seems to be following the Changi Coast Road instead as shown in the pic below and the superimposition done by jlrx

http://www.myalbum.com/Photo-FDIOYFD6-D.jpg

proper-t
02-06-10, 10:21
I agree that it should be Changi Coast Rd by mapping method as there isn't telltale signs so far. My reason being that if the line is along Changi Coast Rd, it has to turn into the airport terminal ( most probably terminal 2/3/4 to interconnect with existing EastWest line ). As a result it is no more a straight line. Moreover turning from Changi Coast Line to airport has to cross the runway meaning more money to spend on building underground tunnel. So the only straight line is to run along ECP all the way to the airport.

Howeve, if the final outcome is along Changi Coast Rd, that means the existing Airport line will be extended to interconnect at a new ERL station outside the airport area just like the jlrx's maps.

BTW, I think there is a possibility that a station will be built but not in operation at the exit of the golf course for future development otherwise the line will be too long without a station.

Yep, we'll know better once someone spots some soil tests around there. I am also of the opinion that a station may crop up around Tanah Merah. Other possibilities furtrher down the line could be the Ferry terminal or even Changi Village tho' I don't know whether the 12km line can stretch that far.

Perfume
02-06-10, 11:20
from the mapping, it looks like the MRT line is running along East Coast Road instead of Marine Parade road. Wonder if the soil test has also be done along East Coast Road?

proper-t
02-06-10, 12:33
Yep, we'll know better once someone spots some soil tests around there. I am also of the opinion that a station may crop up around Tanah Merah. Other possibilities furtrher down the line could be the Ferry terminal or even Changi Village tho' I don't know whether the 12km line can stretch that far.

Sorry should be 21km and 12 stations not 12km.

Perfume - from the mapping, it looks like the MRT line is running along East Coast Road instead of Marine Parade road. Wonder if the soil test has also be done along East Coast Road?
Most of the soil tests spotted so far are along Marine Parade road unless some observant forumers here can shed some light on other locations .

tkc2263
11-06-10, 09:23
Today, I spotted soil testings along Marine Parade Road..

Exact locations :

One was was spotted just outside Grand Duchess..

Another one was spotted outside VJC along side Marine Parade Road

Last week, soil testings were detected at the traffic juction of Marine Crescent Road and Telok Kurau Road, no longer there since this week.. :cool:

sealover
11-06-10, 14:14
Today, I spotted soil testings along Marine Parade Road..

Exact locations :

One was was spotted just outside Grand Duchess..

Another one was spotted outside VJC along side Marine Parade Road

Last week, soil testings were detected at the traffic juction of Marine Crescent Road and Telok Kurau Road, no longer there since this week.. :cool:

Yes, as I predicted before, there will be a station there called Telok Kurau. But after reviewing the data collected so far ( btw, I hv quite a complete soil test conducted so far, very kay po but very valuable to some ), I have shifted the station from Telok Kurau juction to somewhere at the exit of Marine Terrace and renamed it St Patrick station.

The soil test will sure move further down to Siglap area soon....

proud owner
11-06-10, 20:40
Yes, as I predicted before, there will be a station there called Telok Kurau. But after reviewing the data collected so far ( btw, I hv quite a complete soil test conducted so far, very kay po but very valuable to some ), I have shifted the station from Telok Kurau juction to somewhere at the exit of Marine Terrace and renamed it St Patrick station.

The soil test will sure move further down to Siglap area soon....

hi guys

is the line going to be ABOVE ground or Underground?

soil test is to determine if the soil condition there can 'support' a heavy structure ... does not mean a Station

the test will be conducted thru the entire stretch of east coast... to finalise where the track will run .. so i think its too early to pin point where the station will be ..

otherwise everytime the do a test at a certain spot, people will speculate a station there ...

perhaps a better way is find a location with some 'empty plot' .. remember this .. at almost every station, there must be enuff space to build other amenities ..

i remember a friend in the know once told me .. near every station .. you can find a NTUC nearby ..

levittdub
12-06-10, 01:16
hi guys

soil test is to determine if the soil condition there can 'support' a heavy structure ... does not mean a Station

the test will be conducted thru the entire stretch of east coast... to finalise where the track will run .. so i think its too early to pin point where the station will be ..

otherwise everytime the do a test at a certain spot, people will speculate a station there ...

perhaps a better way is find a location with some 'empty plot' .. remember this .. at almost every station, there must be enuff space to build other amenities ..

i remember a friend in the know once told me .. near every station .. you can find a NTUC nearby ..

Rather than looking for empty plots, the more important criteria is to site the station near "catchment areas". Marine Terrace will be a good catchment area.

Other good catchment areas further east will be as follow (my own opinion):

1. Victoria School/Fernwood/Mandarin Garden
2. Sennet/Lucky Heights
3. Temasek Primary School/HDB blocks at Bedok South Ave 3
4. Bedok Camp Bus Interchange (provided that they begin developing the huge plot of land Upper East Coast Rd).

kane
12-06-10, 01:19
hi guys

the circle line must be an exception. lorong chuan and marymount hardly has any amenities nearby.

levittdub
12-06-10, 01:29
the circle line must be an exception. lorong chuan and marymount hardly has any amenities nearby.

likewise Joo Koon, Pioneer, Lakeside, Dover, Kembangan, Tanah Merah.

proud owner
12-06-10, 23:47
Rather than looking for empty plots, the more important criteria is to site the station near "catchment areas". Marine Terrace will be a good catchment area.

Other good catchment areas further east will be as follow (my own opinion):

1. Victoria School/Fernwood/Mandarin Garden
2. Sennet/Lucky Heights
3. Temasek Primary School/HDB blocks at Bedok South Ave 3
4. Bedok Camp Bus Interchange (provided that they begin developing the huge plot of land Upper East Coast Rd).

hhhmm ....

why i said ' empty plot' becos .you need a piece of land big enuff to build a station, at least some parking space etc ... i do not see how or where we can locate a station at senenett/lucky hts ..

mandarin garden ...maybe .. got empty space around there

as to Kane ... yes maybe circle got exception ..

but if you notice ..the existing station ...nearby ..either shopping, or school, or something coming up in the future .. dakota i feel is to ease Stadium crowd,

dover - Spore poly

i cant see a reason for a station in telok kurau or meyer ... dont see any potential for future development ..as they are very residential

kane
13-06-10, 00:30
yes, empty space is a must. i don't recall they have ever bought over an existing property, tear it down to make way for a station.

dakota is like a clean piece of paper, lots of open space for them to plan whatever amenities that should be placed there.

but i think when it comes to the second eastern line and thomson line, the primary objective is likely to be connectivity over amenities, that they intend to have everyone within 5-10mins walking time to the nearest mrt station.

acewee
13-06-10, 18:43
Then owners of properties along speculated MRT line must be careful instead coz if land not enough, the state may do a buy back of some land that is obstructing the construction. And we all know at what rate it will be.

yes, empty space is a must. i don't recall they have ever bought over an existing property, tear it down to make way for a station.

dakota is like a clean piece of paper, lots of open space for them to plan whatever amenities that should be placed there.

but i think when it comes to the second eastern line and thomson line, the primary objective is likely to be connectivity over amenities, that they intend to have everyone within 5-10mins walking time to the nearest mrt station.

proud owner
13-06-10, 23:07
Then owners of properties along speculated MRT line must be careful instead coz if land not enough, the state may do a buy back of some land that is obstructing the construction. And we all know at what rate it will be.

yes i was about to mention that

remember those landed houses opposite potong pasir ??/

i think speculating and buying property on / near where the MRt is going to be can be dangerous ...

scarly buy a condo already ... govt buy back part of the land to build MRT station ... remember those condo along cavenagh ? one condo had their swimming pool area taken away ...to buy CTE ..

kane
13-06-10, 23:31
for the second east line, i think they should definitely have an mrt station connecting to Parkway Parade. they have enough critical mass living in the vicinity (a lot of high rise) plus a shopping mall to justify the traffic flow required for having a station.

but the problem is there isn't any space around there. in this particular case, i won't be surprised they actually make some acquisition to make way.

sleek
14-06-10, 00:05
Though the area around the former Marine Parade Library, now Fairprice, is already earmarked for the MRT development? :beats-me-man:

kane
14-06-10, 00:08
Though the area around the former Marine Parade Library, now Fairprice, is already earmarked for the MRT development? :beats-me-man:

can't be right? they haven't announced the sites for the next 2 lines.

proud owner
14-06-10, 00:15

i dun think they have announced the exact location

but i do agree ...near the library would be a better choice

sleek
14-06-10, 00:16
Believe that it was announced somewhere last year that the 2-storey shoplots there leases will not be renewed when it expired. :beats-me-man:

can't be right? they haven't announced the sites for the next 2 lines.

kane
14-06-10, 00:20
oh right, then that'll increase the likelihood definitely.

proud owner
14-06-10, 00:25
oh right, then that'll increase the likelihood definitely.

then Poshgrove ? will be a good buy

kane
14-06-10, 01:15
then Poshgrove ? will be a good buy

everything in that vicinity would get a good push up.

Wolverine23
14-06-10, 09:33
St Pats :) and also Telok Kurau Lor M & N. :)

calvintan
16-06-10, 11:43
hi, anyone know what happened to Katong Mansion, looks like being enbloc.
Who bought all the apt, looks like some development is happening there. Potential MRT site?

Wolverine23
16-06-10, 14:25
hi, anyone know what happened to Katong Mansion, looks like being enbloc.
Who bought all the apt, looks like some development is happening there. Potential MRT site?

ya, i saw that last night as well... 12 units all bought up at price of around 1020psf!

proper-t
16-06-10, 15:09
Katong Mansion at Telok Kurau Road has been collective sold for S$34 million to Oxley Module

Wolverine23
16-06-10, 17:51
Katong Mansion at Telok Kurau Road has been collective sold for S$34 million to Oxley Module

ground floor shophouse project coming up????

calvintan
16-06-10, 21:42

oh.. than no chance for MRT site liao, looks like any development will be launched.

Wolverine23
16-06-10, 23:01
oh.. than no chance for MRT site liao, looks like any development will be launched.

calvin, dun worry. more new developments will enhance the value of the area as well...

best is to have shops and restaurants

proper-t
01-07-10, 09:36
Quote from another forum on soil test locations

Originally Posted by profkingsfield2004 http://www.skyscrapercity.com/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?p=59366349#post59366349)
ERL - I keep seeing the same stretch being bored over and over again. I wonder why? The other thing I found, they r doing soil testing between the end of Runway 02L and the ECP (yes inside the fenced up part of the airport).

Further back, they are doing a couple of drillings at Changi Business Park 2 of Changi South Business Park - next to the signboard which points to exit from PIE into Upper Changi Road. If this is an indicaiton of the future alignment, it does look true that the next station is Changi Airport Station itself. Changi South Business Park Station is likely to be where Std Chartered Bank has its HUB. The line runs along Laguna Green to Bedok Corner all the way to the city.

marktkt22
14-08-10, 15:47
so the marine parade location is estimated at ...??? any one can shed some light...

1) between republic theate and in front of Parc sea breeze
2) at the marine parade ntuc ...
3) near parkway
4) ....other location , pls add to the list:)

Telok kurau station is ..estimated
1) near to the marine parade town council head office
2) other locations, pls add to the list ....

Eunos and Paya lebar is too far for me to walk from tembeling stetch...so marine parade is my best bet....Telok kurau mrt probably too far for me

tiverton18
22-08-10, 23:14
Now that LTA has announced the locations of DTL3, wonder whether they are about to also announce the exact locations of ERL.

In previous posts, some of you have indicated that LTA will likely announce the ERL locations either in 2011 or 2012.

luzman
23-08-10, 00:18
I read this post and started to wonder about is this all about....sorry but i fail to understand...maybe something is missing somewhere...

Seriously, what is all these soil study tracking about...?? This is what i call looking at too much details but missing the big picture....

You have to ask yourself this question...when is the eastern line ready?? in year 2020??? Come on...give everyone a break....by the time it is ready, many things have changed...

Why are people even bothered to find out about all these details when it only happens in 10 years time? What is the effect on the prices? I doubt it is any useful at all even if they announce today where exactly is the station...

In 10 yrs time, almost all SIngapore would already be well connected by MRT with the exception of D15...

Think....

eng81157
23-08-10, 06:32
I read this post and started to wonder about is this all about....sorry but i fail to understand...maybe something is missing somewhere...

Seriously, what is all these soil study tracking about...?? This is what i call looking at too much details but missing the big picture....

You have to ask yourself this question...when is the eastern line ready?? in year 2020??? Come on...give everyone a break....by the time it is ready, many things have changed...

Why are people even bothered to find out about all these details when it only happens in 10 years time? What is the effect on the prices? I doubt it is any useful at all even if they announce today where exactly is the station...

In 10 yrs time, almost all SIngapore would already be well connected by MRT with the exception of D15...

Think....

it's not your perogative to say people should not be bothered to find out. it's a personal choice and right to enquire what concerns themselves. with your statement "almost all singapore would be already well connected by mrt with the exception of D15", may i remind you that DTL3 is only expected to be completed 2-3 years earlier than ERL, i.e. 2017/18 vs 2020