PDA

View Full Version : MRT in D15 *eastern region line

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

urban
23-08-10, 06:51
Bulk of Tokyo and London are also covered by the Tube or JR/subway, but there are significant prices for the different locations still.

Being next to a MRT is one of many factors, i think.

luzman
23-08-10, 12:00
it's not your perogative to say people should not be bothered to find out. it's a personal choice and right to enquire what concerns themselves. with your statement "almost all singapore would be already well connected by mrt with the exception of D15", may i remind you that DTL3 is only expected to be completed 2-3 years earlier than ERL, i.e. 2017/18 vs 2020
Whether it is or its not my prerogative to say people dont need to be bothered...it is a fact that one should not be too engross into the small details but missing what actually is the main point of doing all these....

The question to all is, what is the point of pin pointing the exact location of the MRT? If your answer is that with utmost accuracy, you can strike rich...then I say its pointless at this point to focus on where is the soil study..where is the station...because even when you are within 10 metres of accuracy, u wont get super rich as it is going to be 10 years later...even if your property is within 10M from the entrance of the MRT station, the price wont shoot up 100% if it is announced today...because no idiot would want to invest now when the station is going to be ready in 2010...when u are 10 years older...your kids 10 years older too...everything is 10 years older...your current property is 10 years older...

Further, 10 years is not a short time we can see probably 1 or 2 cycles of downturn...if we are lucky...

Which brings me to the main point, see the big picture guys....

devilplate
23-08-10, 12:08
may not be investment pt of view? if i am staying ard there...i wud like to find out the exact location wat....whether within walking distance anot....as u said, MRT will be very common in future...so imagine if ur ppty is not within 500m radius of a mrt stn....

luzman
23-08-10, 12:16
may not be investment pt of view? if i am staying ard there...i wud like to find out the exact location wat....whether within walking distance anot....as u said, MRT will be very common in future...so imagine if ur ppty is not within 500m radius of a mrt stn....
If you are staying around the MRT, then it is trouble and trouble for many years till completion I must say...cos I have endured such nuisance for at least 2-3 years when the MRT line was undergoing construction....noise, dust...traffic...worse, traffic diversion beside my property...had numerous meeting with LTA also useless...

So, you better pray MRT is not nearby if that is the case....

For investment, it depends on locations lah....I dont think Admore Park has a MRT nearby.....so, MRT is more convenient which is true but it is dependent on location when investment is the main motivation..

proper-t
24-08-10, 11:05
I read this post and started to wonder about is this all about....sorry but i fail to understand...maybe something is missing somewhere...

Seriously, what is all these soil study tracking about...?? This is what i call looking at too much details but missing the big picture....

You have to ask yourself this question...when is the eastern line ready?? in year 2020??? Come on...give everyone a break....by the time it is ready, many things have changed...

Why are people even bothered to find out about all these details when it only happens in 10 years time? What is the effect on the prices? I doubt it is any useful at all even if they announce today where exactly is the station...

In 10 yrs time, almost all SIngapore would already be well connected by MRT with the exception of D15...

Think....

To enlighten you, all markets, be it stock or property moves on news not so much the actual event itself. Ever heard the term, 'Buy on rumour' or 'Market has already discounted the news.'

Why there is an impact for astute investors is not so much the fact that the stations will be ready in 2020 but the fact that announcement of the stations is slated sometime next year or 2012. Do you think that the areas which will benefit from the news will not see an immediate price impact once the news of the exact locations are announced? Investors who can second guess the stations now can reap the benefits when the announcement is made in 2011/12 and not have to wait till 2020 when the stations are ready.

I am not too sure whether you have ever invested in anything before but smart investors make use of all information on hand to make educated guesses to sniff out assets which are undervalued.

luzman
24-08-10, 11:42
To enlighten you, all markets, be it stock or property moves on news not so much the actual event itself. Ever heard the term, 'Buy on rumour' or 'Market has already discounted the news.'

Why there is an impact for astute investors is not so much the fact that the stations will be ready in 2020 but the fact that announcement of the stations is slated sometime next year or 2012. Do you think that the areas which will benefit from the news will not see an immediate price impact once the news of the exact locations are announced? Investors who can second guess the stations now can reap the benefits when the announcement is made in 2011/12 and not have to wait till 2020 when the stations are ready.

I am not too sure whether you have ever invested in anything before but smart investors make use of all information on hand to make educated guesses to sniff out assets which are undervalued.

Let me enlighten you about looking at the big picture again....

First of all, when u are making an investment based on guessing....then you are definitely not an astute investor....astute investor make decision based on available information that others do not process or they think others have not seen the value...so, making a guessing here about where is the exact location is at best...a risky investment decision..

Secondly, why are u bothered about making an investment now and hope u hit it right just to see a 10-15% gain and hope it will continue to hold that value for the next 10 years? A astute investor wouldnt with his right mind want to take such a long term view because there will be many up and downs within the 10 years...if u are telling me that it going to be ready in 2-3 years time, i say...go ahead and so all the details leg work...

If u are astute investor, many information has already been announced years ago but you will not see much increase in value only towards the completion of the project...an example is the circle line...u see big price increase many years ago there?? think....

I certainly do not think those properties along the east coast is undervalued at today's price....with or without MRT now...

Finally, rest assured that I have invested as much in properties and stocks as u do...but I dont invest based on guessing...for sure...

Wild Falcon
24-08-10, 11:54
I kind of agree 10 years is a long time to speculate... And looking at how DTL3 is delayed, this ERL may be beyond 2020. If want to speculate, you're better off speculating the Thomson line because it's earlier in 2018, which may be delayed as well...

I actually the "MRT effect" on price appreciation only kicks in few months prior to the opening of the station. Not 10 years or 5 years in advance.

gn108
24-08-10, 12:07
I agree.
I think there is two spikes - one when the station location is fixed and the other when the line is near/at operational.

For the other lines - can speculate but anything above 3 - 5 years will also have the usual market forces/cycles in effect.

Anyway, if for owner occupier - better to buy when line is near/at operational to gain the use.
For investors - better to keep at eye for market condition and location rather than a 'ulu' station nearby.

I kind of agree 10 years is a long time to speculate... And looking at how DTL3 is delayed, this ERL may be beyond 2020. If want to speculate, you're better off speculating the Thomson line because it's earlier in 2018, which may be delayed as well...

I actually the "MRT effect" on price appreciation only kicks in few months prior to the opening of the station. Not 10 years or 5 years in advance.

devilplate
24-08-10, 12:19
oredi bot cheap and got new MRT announced...HUAT la...now too late oredi...haha

proper-t
24-08-10, 15:32

First of all, when u are making an investment based on guessing....then you are definitely not an astute investor....astute investor make decision based on available information that others do not process or they think others have not seen the value...so, making a guessing here about where is the exact location is at best...a risky investment decision..

Secondly, why are u bothered about making an investment now and hope u hit it right just to see a 10-15% gain and hope it will continue to hold that value for the next 10 years? A astute investor wouldnt with his right mind want to take such a long term view because there will be many up and downs within the 10 years...if u are telling me that it going to be ready in 2-3 years time, i say...go ahead and so all the details leg work...

If u are astute investor, many information has already been announced years ago but you will not see much increase in value only towards the completion of the project...an example is the circle line...u see big price increase many years ago there?? think....

I certainly do not think those properties along the east coast is undervalued at today's price....with or without MRT now...

Finally, rest assured that I have invested as much in properties and stocks as u do...but I dont invest based on guessing...for sure...

Errrr....your question was about why people in this thread are so engrossed in this topic and I am merely enlightening you. If you still (i quote) "wonder what this is about and fail to understand" unquote, then I really cannot do anything for you. My deepest apologies.

If your intention instead is to point out that people who invest in properties based on their analyses of proximity to MRT stations are plain ridiculous and clueless, then that is another matter. I have no doubt that you are well-schooled and may have huge portfolios of properties and stocks but that sort of arrogance is uncalled for in this forum.

I have known investors who analyse hard data and process info to death but still end up making less money than investors who invest on 'hunches'. Whatever their investment methodology, I do not think we should demean one or the other.

Enough said.......

mightyleftfoot
24-08-10, 15:38

bro, I also want to know the big picture. So can you tell me if the Property market is gonna crash next year? I can collect some ammunition in the meantime...

eng81157
24-08-10, 15:58
Errrr....your question was about why people in this thread are so engrossed in this topic and I am merely enlightening you. If you still (i quote) "wonder what this is about and fail to understand" unquote, then I really cannot do anything for you. My deepest apologies.

If your intention instead is to point out that people who invest in properties based on their analyses of proximity to MRT stations are plain ridiculous and clueless, then that is another matter. I have no doubt that you are well-schooled and may have huge portfolios of properties and stocks but that sort of arrogance is uncalled for in this forum.

I have known investors who analyse hard data and process info to death but still end up making less money than investors who invest on 'hunches'. Whatever their investment methodology, I do not think we should demean one or the other.

Enough said.......

totally agree with you bro. different people have different opinions. like economists around the world, some say double dip, some postulate the start of a bull run while others predict doom and gloom. just have to present in an non-offensive manner rather than go on a bashing rage or force your views down another's throat.

if i declare something's useless, then i better back it up with facts or state categorically that it's my personal opinion or else, i'd better get ready to be whacked

eng81157
24-08-10, 16:07
bro, I also want to know the big picture. So can you tell me if the Property market is gonna crash next year? I can collect some ammunition in the meantime...

nobody can predict the time and depth of the next crash or upturn. just have to rely on horizon markers of different scenarios and lay out your personal set of purchase criteria.

just to quote a perfect example. in the middle of 2009, a cousin of mine, who just completed his masters in finance, confidently declared that the housing market will crash at the end of 2009. at that point in time, he was living in a rented room and bidding for time to purchase. fast forward to now, he's still living in a rented room and lamenting that property prices are now out of his reach. moral of the story - don't try to time the market

Squall8888
24-08-10, 16:11
If Ardmore park has MRT, maybe 4000 psf is normal? So it is hard to say.

If you are staying around the MRT, then it is trouble and trouble for many years till completion I must say...cos I have endured such nuisance for at least 2-3 years when the MRT line was undergoing construction....noise, dust...traffic...worse, traffic diversion beside my property...had numerous meeting with LTA also useless...

So, you better pray MRT is not nearby if that is the case....

For investment, it depends on locations lah....I dont think Admore Park has a MRT nearby.....so, MRT is more convenient which is true but it is dependent on location when investment is the main motivation..

devilplate
24-08-10, 16:26
nobody can predict the time and depth of the next crash or upturn. just have to rely on horizon markers of different scenarios and lay out your personal set of purchase criteria.

just to quote a perfect example. in the middle of 2009, a cousin of mine, who just completed his masters in finance, confidently declared that the housing market will crash at the end of 2009. at that point in time, he was living in a rented room and bidding for time to purchase. fast forward to now, he's still living in a rented room and lamenting that property prices are now out of his reach. moral of the story - don't try to time the market

and i can tell u...these r the ppl tat might ended up buying a unit at the very peak...haha:D

luzman
24-08-10, 16:51

Enough said.......

That is exactly my point...dont be too engrossed on hard data and start to make speculations and tracking on the soil study etc...its too much details and doesnt see the big picture of the actual situation ....

Let me put my main point here again before somebody starts to misread of misinterpret my comments...

I did not say doing all this soil tracking and analysis of possible MRT station is stupid or according to your words "clueless or plain ridiculous"...I am saying by all means do that if your MRT station is going to be ready within these few years....What i am saying is that I fail to understand it when the station is going to be ready maybe 2020...maybe 2021 or 2022....its too far away for god's sake....so, it makes no sense because there are many factors within the next 10 years that will affect prices...certainly not the MRT lines now....that's what i mean by saying "look at the big picture and not dealt will too much details"..

devilplate
24-08-10, 17:02
That is exactly my point...dont be too engrossed on hard data and start to make speculations and tracking on the soil study etc...its too much details and doesnt see the big picture of the actual situation ....

Let me put my main point here again before somebody starts to misread of misinterpret my comments...

I did not say doing all this soil tracking and analysis of possible MRT station is stupid or according to your words "clueless or plain ridiculous"...I am saying by all means do that if your MRT station is going to be ready within these few years....What i am saying is that I fail to understand it when the station is going to be ready maybe 2020...maybe 2021 or 2022....its too far away for god's sake....so, it makes no sense because there are many factors within the next 10 years that will affect prices...certainly not the MRT lines now....that's what i mean by saying "look at the big picture and not dealt will too much details"..

but the masses didnt tink tat way...the moment new stn announced, sellers will ask higher prices and some not so savvy buyers may bite....immediate 5-10% surge of prices...not bad wat...:D

eng81157
24-08-10, 17:10
but the masses didnt tink tat way...the moment new stn announced, sellers will ask higher prices and some not so savvy buyers may bite....immediate 5-10% surge of prices...not bad wat...:D

new station announced then raise prices meh?? FEO priced the proximity to mrt stations into their wavefront projects, silversea, the shore residences. i remembered silversea's brochure specifically pictured the location of the marine parade mrt and FEO got a warning for it.

luzman
24-08-10, 17:12
I agree....and u concur...some not so savvy buyers fall into the trap....

My point is to bring attention to everyone here...which is..true, maybe there is a slight increase..but will u want to invest now to gain this 5-10%? Is the risk worth it? There is even a possibility that the price may drop because of the disturbances to the surrounding area and genuine buyers would want to avoid until most of the construction is complete...

DC33_2008
24-08-10, 17:16
I can see people are very excited about the location of the station for this MRT line. They have only just announced stations of a the DTL that will complete in 2017. Any idea when will they annouce station for this line?

devilplate
24-08-10, 17:30
I can see people are very excited about the location of the station for this MRT line. They have only just announced stations of a the DTL that will complete in 2017. Any idea when will they annouce station for this line?

i read smwhr stated 2011-2012

but hor, i got no stake along erl...cant be bothered:p

proper-t
24-08-10, 18:05

Please read my 1st reply to you again. You seem to be fixated on the completion date. The gist of my reply states that its the announcement of the exact location of the station which will cause the first spike. Actual completion of the station may result in another but potential buyers react more on announcement than completion.

The announcement is slated in 2011/12 which is barely 1 to 2 years away. According to the article below, condos near MRT can command a premium of upto 20% over condos which are further away.

Why this thread has so much interest is simple. Assuming an investor is spot on and buys a condo right next to the proposed MRT. He only has to wait for a year or two before he can cash in and sell for a 20% premium. Not a bad investment in my book and certainly worth all the tracking and soil analysis.

Even if its a 10% gain, its a pretty good return for a year's risk taking into account that actual cash outlay is only 20% of the total value if you are lucky enough to pick up a deferred payment scheme property

Singapore buyers seeking condos near MRT stations
These properties command a premium of up to 20%
Oct 31, 2008
iProperty.com http://www.iproperty.com.sg/images/transpix.gifSingapore home buyers are becoming increasingly keen on properties located within walking distance to an MRT station, as convenience becomes a main concern in the midst of high petrol prices.
These increasingly popular units are able to command a premium of up to 20 per cent. There have been instances where buyers are willing to pay between 10 and 20 per cent more than they would for a home a few bus stops away from a station.
One of the reasons home buyers do not mind forking out the extra cash is because they believe it would help them save on transportation costs in the long run, especially with the hike in the cost of living.
Other contributing factors include multiplying Electronic Road Pricing gantries and increasing worries over environmental degradation.
This convenience is also favoured by citizens who do not drive, buyers with school-going children and investors who want to rent the units to expatriates. Majority of these people rely heavily on public transport.
Although prime districts such as 9, 10 and 11 remain popular, these buyers are also looking towards properties near MRT stations, pushing prices up.
Housing Development Board (HDB) flats with proximity to stations have had their valuations increase by at least S$20,000 or S$30,000. To top it off, buyers often pay even more in cash.
Some of the more popular HDB flats close to MRT stations include those in areas like Tiong Bahru, Redhill and Queenstown, all of which are close to town. Even so, units nearby stations in the suburbs can enjoy a big boost in price.
Flats in Woodlands close to the MRT station are seeing asking prices of between S$40,000 and S$50,000 above valuation, and demand is so high that available units get snapped up within two or three weeks compared to the few months to sell a unit further from the station.
Due to the fact that owners of these flats are comfortable and do not want to sell, the supply of such units are low and in turn compels buyers with the budget to take any well-located flat for sale.
For private properties, the scenario is similar with condominiums close to MRT stations commanding a premium of up to 20 per cent over similar units further away.
At Tiong Bahru MRT station, new condominiums located at the doorstep of the station, such as Twin Regency and Regency Heights in Kim Tian Road, are able to fetch S$1,240 psf on average. Meanwhile, about five to 10 minutes away, prices average at S$1,072 psf or about 15 per cent less, at the equally new The Regency at Tiong Bahru on Chay Yan Street. Rental returns are also very high, thus these units are rarely on the market.
Even so, proximity to different MRT stations affects property values differently; with big differences between two consecutive stops. According to analysis by property firm Savills Singapore, condos around Novena have price tags almost double of those around Toa Payoh.
The same analysis revealed that condos around the Dhoby Ghaut station fetched an average of S$1,600 psf in the first six months of the year. Meanwhile, condos near the Little India station less than two kilometres away, fetched only two-thirds that on average, or S$1,071 psf.
Other factors that influence buyers include quality, age and tenure of the project, as well as its facilities, potential rental rates and available amenities in the area.
Units near Lavendar and Farrer Park MRT stations are separated by only 1.5km in distance but the difference in price is about S$200 psf. Condos with good facilities such as Citylights at Lavender boosted prices in the vicinity to an average of S$1,104 psf in the first six months of the year but at Farrer Park, which is surrounded by smaller condos with minimal facilities, rents and prices tend to be lower.

luzman
25-08-10, 09:46
Please read my 1st reply to you again. You seem to be fixated on the completion date. The gist of my reply states that its the announcement of the exact location of the station which will cause the first spike. Actual completion of the station may result in another but potential buyers react more on announcement than completion.

The announcement is slated in 2011/12 which is barely 1 to 2 years away. According to the article below, condos near MRT can command a premium of upto 20% over condos which are further away.

Why this thread has so much interest is simple. Assuming an investor is spot on and buys a condo right next to the proposed MRT. He only has to wait for a year or two before he can cash in and sell for a 20% premium. Not a bad investment in my book and certainly worth all the tracking and soil analysis.

Even if its a 10% gain, its a pretty good return for a year's risk taking into account that actual cash outlay is only 20% of the total value if you are lucky enough to pick up a deferred payment scheme property

Let me get this point down once and for all in case you still do not understand the main point...see below for the article in today's Straits Times...

Prices will rise for sure but if the time line is too long...say 7 to 10 years...no investor with the right mind will jump in....even the newly announced line is limited effect for people looking for homes now because it will be 7 years later when ready....be realistic...

http://a.imageshack.us/img178/2053/imagezv.jpg

luzman
25-08-10, 09:54

I think you need to read your article property....a premium of 20%....and u say over a period of 1 year...? you must be kidding me man.....it it is that easy to make money...everyone no need to work already...just buy near MRT and wait 1 year and keep doing that and u will be happy rest of your life without working...

Come on man...premium of 20% over several years lah....unless of course your MRT station is visited by millionaires who dont drive and need a property there and willingly to pay you 20% premium in 1 year...

eng81157
25-08-10, 09:57
i believe both sides of the camp have valid points. it all boils down to each individual's investment objectives and preferences. short term = sell on strength or positive news, long term = search for properties with better ROI

no right or wrong in either case

luzman
25-08-10, 10:04
i believe both sides of the camp have valid points. it all boils down to each individual's investment objectives and preferences. short term = sell on strength or positive news, long term = search for properties with better ROI

no right or wrong in either case
Agree...but we are talking about 10 years here....short or long term to u?

proper-t
25-08-10, 10:20
Let me get this point down once and for all in case you still do not understand the main point...see below for the article in today's Straits Times...

Prices will rise for sure but if the time line is too long...say 7 to 10 years...no investor with the right mind will jump in....even the newly announced line is limited effect for people looking for homes now because it will be 7 years later when ready....be realistic...

http://a.imageshack.us/img178/2053/imagezv.jpg

Hmmm....then developers must all be unrealistic when they advertise proximity to future MRTs as a selling point even though completion of the line is 7 to 10 years down the road. The last I heard is that they are having a bumper year in sales.

The pregrogative of when to sell always lies with the owner. Since you yourself have categorically stated that "prices will rise for sure" for such properties, correctly spotting and buying a condo with an MRT at yr doorstep becomes a sure thing.

What makes you think a potential buyer will not bite even with a long time frame? Developers have been seller properties with 'future long-term sweeteners' for time immemorial e.g. future shopping centres, future water parks, future MRT etc....There are still buyers who bite.

I don't know about you but if prices will rise for sure, its an even better bet than trying to spot an en-bloc potential which may not even materialise. You may even end up losing money if the en-bloc doesn't materialise.

Oh oh....now you will probably go post in the en-bloc thread saying that all their analyses is pointless too.

proper-t
25-08-10, 10:30
I think you need to read your article property....a premium of 20%....and u say over a period of 1 year...? you must be kidding me man.....it it is that easy to make money...everyone no need to work already...just buy near MRT and wait 1 year and keep doing that and u will be happy rest of your life without working...

Come on man...premium of 20% over several years lah....unless of course your MRT station is visited by millionaires who dont drive and need a property there and willingly to pay you 20% premium in 1 year...

Dude, the whole point of this thread is to guess the MRT locale BEFORE it is publicly announced. Once it becomes public knowledge, the effect is lost.

Assuming you had a choice of two properties withiin the same vicinity and priced the same. If there was word of a future line being built, wouldn't you try to second guess where the station will be and buy the property closest to the line. The 20% premium isn't unrealistic if you guess right and the MRT is at your doorstep. Once it is announced and you bet right, you can rest assured that there will be a whole lot of agents lining up to try to sell your property than the other one.

luzman
25-08-10, 10:43
Hmmm....then developers must all be unrealistic when they advertise proximity to future MRTs as a selling point even though completion of the line is 7 to 10 years down the road. The last I heard is that they are having a bumper year in sales.

The pregrogative of when to sell always lies with the owner. Since you yourself have categorically stated that "prices will rise for sure" for such properties, correctly spotting and buying a condo with an MRT at yr doorstep becomes a sure thing.

What makes you think a potential buyer will not bite even with a long time frame? Developers have been seller properties with 'future long-term sweeteners' for time immemorial e.g. future shopping centres, future water parks, future MRT etc....There are still buyers who bite.

I don't know about you but if prices will rise for sure, its an even better bet than trying to spot an en-bloc potential which may not even materialise. You may even end up losing money if the en-bloc doesn't materialise.

Oh oh....now you will probably go post in the en-bloc thread saying that all their analyses is pointless too.

You are telling others what others already know...that is, developers are smart...they will use MRT as a sales gimmick to sell..of course there will be buyers who bite....but I am not arguing about this..I am saying timeline is too long for an investor point of view...

And to do all these guessing...to me, its not investor's mindset..its more like punters mind set...

luzman
25-08-10, 10:46
Dude, the whole point of this thread is to guess the MRT locale BEFORE it is publicly announced. Once it becomes public knowledge, the effect is lost.

Assuming you had a choice of two properties withiin the same vicinity and priced the same. If there was word of a future line being built, wouldn't you try to second guess where the station will be and buy the property closest to the line. The 20% premium isn't unrealistic if you guess right and the MRT is at your doorstep. Once it is announced and you bet right, you can rest assured that there will be a whole lot of agents lining up to try to sell your property than the other one.

Of course once you bet it right, there will be agents calling u to sell cos they are agents...just like developers trying to get u excited all....but at the end of the day, its the buyer that must decide whether they want to buy now and hope for the best in 10 years time and of course, endure the noise into the night..., the dust that cannot be wiped cleaned daily and the traffic jam in front of the house for 2-3 years...its thier choice...for me, it doesnt make sense...

devilplate
25-08-10, 10:50
You are telling others what others already know...that is, developers are smart...they will use MRT as a sales gimmick to sell..of course there will be buyers who bite....but I am not arguing about this..I am saying timeline is too long for an investor point of view...

And to do all these guessing...to me, its not investor's mindset..its more like punters mind set...

thin fine line between 'investor and punter':beats-me-man:

most ppl r punters(except some die hard propertism followers)....but punters will turn into long term investors if they cannot sell for a reasonable profit:D

proper-t
25-08-10, 11:00
Of course once you bet it right, there will be agents calling u to sell cos they are agents...just like developers trying to get u excited all....but at the end of the day, its the buyer that must decide whether they want to buy now and hope for the best in 10 years time and of course, endure the noise into the night..., the dust that cannot be wiped cleaned daily and the traffic jam in front of the house for 2-3 years...its thier choice...for me, it doesnt make sense...

Do buyers who pay >$1Kpsf for 99yr LH properties in the outskirts make sense? (Sorry, no offense meant for these buyers).

These people may know something we don't but they are probably looking into the future as some of these properties will only be completed in 3 to 5 yrs time. They may be buying in the hope that the rebound in global economies and general surge in prices will make them money. To me, having a MRT at yr doorstep is a better bet.

devilplate
25-08-10, 11:04
Do buyers who pay >$1Kpsf for 99yr LH properties in the outskirts make sense? (Sorry, no offense meant for these buyers).

These people may know something we don't but they are probably looking into the future as some of these properties will only be completed in 3 to 5 yrs time. They may be buying in the hope that the rebound in global economies and general surge in prices will make them money. To me, having a MRT at yr doorstep is a better bet.

got MRT safer of coz...if prices plunge, still can rent out and hold mah.....nowadays, mass market tenants first question: near MRT anot? even locals like me do not noe wat buses to take....:ashamed1:

luzman
25-08-10, 11:06

Let's not drift into other topics...whether people buy at >$1Kpsf 99 LH property makes sense or now is up to them...and I dont care...

I am also not arguing that having a MRT at your door step is a bad idea.....

My point once again if you get loss in the argument..and let's be focussed...and that is, look at the big picture...having a MRT is good...no doubt about it...but if u are hoping to make money by making wild guesses now and when the station is ready in 10 years time..it doesnt make sense because of the problem of long time line....all the effect of MRT will not be felt because 10 years means many cycles of up and downs...and because it is such a long time, buyers who are investors will not want to risk as the upside is limited..

gn108
25-08-10, 11:10
I agree with you but then its (most times) better to lucky than smart.
So even the most uninformed buyer can make a 'good' investment if he is lucky and timely.

My personal preferences are with yours. With school going kids and crowded roads/ERP - the option of the MRT is worth the premium.

What about a FH with en bloc potential at $1k psf with an MRT station within 3-4 minutes walking distance?

proper-t
25-08-10, 11:12

Why is the timeline too long when the announcement is estimated in 2011/12 which is barely 1 to 2 yrs away?

If I invest in a property now which I think is sited next to a potential MRT station, all I have to do is wait till 2011/12 for the announcement. Once the announcement is made and the hype of the station is strong, I can sell off and reap the gains. Even a 10% gain is pretty respectable for a 1-2 yr horizon. This gain is magnified further if I am on a deferred payment scheme with onyl 20% cash outlay.

Yes, there is an element of punting or some may even say speculation (dirty word nowadays), but I believe that luck also plays a part in investing.

devilplate
25-08-10, 11:14
What about a FH with en bloc potential at $1k psf with an MRT station within 3-4 minutes walking distance?

which project? got reasonable sellers anot?

devilplate
25-08-10, 11:16
Why is the timeline too long when the announcement is estimated in 2011/12 which is barely 1 to 2 yrs away?

If I invest in a property now which I think is sited next to a potential MRT station, all I have to do is wait till 2011/12 for the announcement. Once the announcement is made and the hype of the station is strong, I can sell off and reap the gains. Even a 10% gain is pretty respectable for a 1-2 yr horizon. This gain is magnified further if I am on a deferred payment scheme with onyl 20% cash outlay.

Yes, there is an element of punting or some may even say speculation (dirty word nowadays), but I believe that luck also plays a part in investing.

knowledge more impt....i shd haf bot landed during last yr lows instead of condos:( :doh:

luzman
25-08-10, 11:18

Great...Since I cannot talk sense into u...please continue with your soil analysis and all the best to your pint point guessing....and let me know if you made your 20% gain once it is announced in 2011/12...

proper-t
25-08-10, 11:24
Let's not drift into other topics...whether people buy at >$1Kpsf 99 LH property makes sense or now is up to them...and I dont care...

I am also not arguing that having a MRT at your door step is a bad idea.....

My point once again if you get loss in the argument..and let's be focussed...and that is, look at the big picture...having a MRT is good...no doubt about it...but if u are hoping to make money by making wild guesses now and when the station is ready in 10 years time..it doesnt make sense because of the problem of long time line....all the effect of MRT will not be felt because 10 years means many cycles of up and downs...and because it is such a long time, buyers who are investors will not want to risk as the upside is limited..

I am not not drifting but reiterating my points :

You say : Investment horizon too long
I say: Investment timeline is not long as the price spike is expected to happen on announcement of stations not completion.

You say: buyers will not bite if completion period is too long
I say : Buyers nowadays look towards the future and some of their decisions may not be rational in your view. Look at the past year or so of property launches and the buying patterns of the masses. To them, the attraction of a MRT stations at their doorstep when their kids grow up may be too hard to resist notwithstanding long completion period.

You say : Gains of 5 -10% is not worth the analysis
I say : buy a $1mil property on a deferred payment scheme - $200K cash outlay now. In 1.5yrs time, announcement is made, you are spot-on and sell the property at $1.1m or even $1.2m. Minimum return in 1.5yrs is $100K - $25K (stamp duty) = $75K for a $200K investment over 1.5 yrs or a 25% return.

proper-t
25-08-10, 11:35
Great...Since I cannot talk sense into u...please continue with your soil analysis and all the best to your pint point guessing....and let me know if you made your 20% gain once it is announced in 2011/12...

FYI, I have already made more than 20% years ago when the DTL2 was announced and my investment was just next to one of the stations.

Great, then please leave us 'soil analyzers' alone in our own happy money making thread.

chuash
25-08-10, 11:49
got a unit in waterfront gold for investment. I just switch funds from share trading to property. Now no more share trading and heart-attacking :scared-4: when the market downside for me at all, position clear. I love water-front property at first sight and of-course the MRT is door steps. All these was added to the value of my investment . cheers

luzman
25-08-10, 11:51
FYI, I have already made more than 20% years ago when the DTL2 was announced and my investment was just next to one of the stations.

Great, then please leave us 'soil analyzers' alone in our own happy money making thread.
I am sure your 20% is not made within 1 year....

noblebaby
25-08-10, 11:53
you can actually talk to the on site soil testing engineers. they may giv you some clues.

We hav owner from Waterfront waves, who talked to the on site soil engineers more than 1 yr ago, and the engineers told him it is for MRT construction.

U can also try to dig out the soil test tender document as reference although most of the time its not available to public.

luzman
25-08-10, 11:53
I am not not drifting but reiterating my points :

You say : Investment horizon too long
I say: Investment timeline is not long as the price spike is expected to happen on announcement of stations not completion.

You say: buyers will not bite if completion period is too long
I say : Buyers nowadays look towards the future and some of their decisions may not be rational in your view. Look at the past year or so of property launches and the buying patterns of the masses. To them, the attraction of a MRT stations at their doorstep when their kids grow up may be too hard to resist notwithstanding long completion period.

You say : Gains of 5 -10% is not worth the analysis
I say : buy a $1mil property on a deferred payment scheme - $200K cash outlay now. In 1.5yrs time, announcement is made, you are spot-on and sell the property at $1.1m or even $1.2m. Minimum return in 1.5yrs is $100K - $25K (stamp duty) = $75K for a $200K investment over 1.5 yrs or a 25% return.

Just to get u back to reality...

Did u see a price spike in circle line after it was announced?? an increase in interest of course but a spike?? hmm.....

noblebaby
25-08-10, 11:54
Welcome to waterfront development. Pls join our private forum for more discussion. cheers! :cheers1:

got a unit in waterfront gold for investment. I just switch funds from share trading to property. Now no more share trading and heart-attacking :scared-4: when the market downside for me at all, position clear. I love water-front property at first sight and of-course the MRT is door steps. All these was added to the value of my investment . cheers

chuash
25-08-10, 11:55

I think is possible. I have made 100% net return by investment from shares trading within a year too. But no more after that.

devilplate
25-08-10, 12:05

i tink buy ANY ppty during feb-may last yr can achieve at least 20%....i was hesitating to buy a carpark facing unit at The Sail...ard 1200psf to close...now at least can fetch 1700psf rite?:rolleyes:

luzman
25-08-10, 12:09
i tink buy ANY ppty during feb-may last yr can achieve at least 20%....i was hesitating to buy a carpark facing unit at The Sail...ard 1200psf to close...now at least can fetch 1700psf rite?:rolleyes:
sure lah...100% also possible...I am replying about the statement that he makes 20% years ago spotting on MRT station...

eng81157
25-08-10, 13:54
I agree with you but then its (most times) better to lucky than smart.
So even the most uninformed buyer can make a 'good' investment if he is lucky and timely.

My personal preferences are with yours. With school going kids and crowded roads/ERP - the option of the MRT is worth the premium.

FH with en bloc potential and within 5mins walking distance to MRT. wow, such developments are a rarity. let me know if you know of such developments around so that can consider investing

proper-t
25-08-10, 14:50

It was close to 80% returns and within 18 mths......so please leave us be to carry on our money making methods. This thread is for sharing potential locations of new MRT stations.

Go and start your own thread titled :

"Trying to spot a property which is close to a potential MRT station with a long completion period just doesn't make any sense"

proper-t
25-08-10, 14:53
Just to get u back to reality...

Did u see a price spike in circle line after it was announced?? an increase in interest of course but a spike?? hmm.....

Why should I just justify to you when I have made money through my methodology. You should be the one providing hard cold facts on properties close to the circle line stations and prove to the readers here that the prices have not increased after the announcement. Instead all I hear are....long completion period, construction noise and dust, lousy returns....blah blah blah

proper-t
25-08-10, 15:12
knowledge more impt....i shd haf bot landed during last yr lows instead of condos:( :doh:

Yep, suddenly, there has been a spurt of interest in landed. My agent suddenly called me up for several viewings of my landed property. In the end, I just gave him the key. This is even during hungry ghost month.

Its situated along my guestimate route of an MRT line so I don't know whether there is a co-relation though. However, in my view, the MRT effect is less for a landed than for condos since most landed homeowners drive. Being close to a MRT is very good for rental though...:D

luzman
25-08-10, 15:19
It was close to 80% returns and within 18 mths......so please leave us be to carry on our money making methods. This thread is for sharing potential locations of new MRT stations.

Go and start your own thread titled :

"Trying to spot a property which is close to a potential MRT station with a long completion period just doesn't make any sense"
close to 80% return within 18 months cos a new MRT announced and u happened to pin point it correctly next to your house door?? dont kid with me leh...we are all adults....your 80% increase is common if u buy at low....our argument here is about doing all the soil analysis...and hoping that the MRT is eventually right next door....but will happen in 10 yrs time...and u reap 20% upon its announcement.....dun be kidding lah..

proper-t
25-08-10, 15:25
close to 80% return within 18 months cos a new MRT announced and u happened to pin point it correctly next to your house door?? dont kid with me leh...we are all adults....your 80% increase is common if u buy at low....our argument here is about doing all the soil analysis...and hoping that the MRT is eventually right next door....but will happen in 10 yrs time...and u reap 20% upon its announcement.....dun be kidding lah..

I am not trying to convert you here. You believe what you want. Whether I made the 80% through buying at market lows or because of its proximity to an MRT station is upto you and the readers to come to a conclusion. To me, having an MRT station close to your property can only boost the price regardless of whether you buy at low or high.

BUT, if you want to ding someone's else methodolgy, then please offer cold hard facts and show the price impact of properties before and after announcements of MRT stations instead of showering them with general statements.

luzman
25-08-10, 15:26
Why should I just justify to you when I have made money through my methodology. You should be the one providing hard cold facts on properties close to the circle line stations and prove to the readers here that the prices have not increased after the announcement. Instead all I hear are....long completion period, construction noise and dust, lousy returns....blah blah blah
The hard true facts is in the caveats...only upon completion will you then see the increased value...the announcement will only make people interested...u can also see that at the Thomson line...I dont see price increase now because of the announcement years ago...price increase because of general market upturn...

proper-t
25-08-10, 15:30
The hard true facts is in the caveats...only upon completion will you then see the increased value...the announcement will only make people interested...u can also see that at the Thomson line...I dont see price increase now because of the announcement years ago...price increase because of general market upturn...

errr..... thomson line stations have not been announced yet. :doh: I am only talking about announcement of exact station locations not the line.

Please share with us then caveats of properties next to stations along the circle line before and after the announcement of the station locations since you are so convinced.

luzman
25-08-10, 16:12
errr..... thomson line stations have not been announced yet. :doh: I am only talking about announcement of exact station locations not the line.

Please share with us then caveats of properties next to stations along the circle line before and after the announcement of the station locations since you are so convinced.
check the caveat yourself lah..I cannot be spoon feeding u....

proper-t
25-08-10, 16:48
check the caveat yourself lah..I cannot be spoon feeding u....

Standard cop-out answer from someone who doesn't have the facts to back your argument.....

You are the one challenging and questioning here not me. You want to prove your point, show the facts....otherwise go start your own thread elsewhere.

luzman
25-08-10, 17:12
Standard cop-out answer from someone who doesn't have the facts to back your argument.....

You are the one challenging and questioning here not me. You want to prove your point, show the facts....otherwise go start your own thread elsewhere.
Do you have have the facts that you can show us once u pin point correctly your property beside MRT, with the announcement...u can sell at 20% profit? If u don't, let's not talk about others too..

proper-t
25-08-10, 19:04
Do you have have the facts that you can show us once u pin point correctly your property beside MRT, with the announcement...u can sell at 20% profit? If u don't, let's not talk about others too..

Another standard cop-out rebuttal phrase....you are seriously running low on substantive statements aren't you?

I have already told you about the real life case of my own transaction which is a fact whether you believe it or not.

Anyway, like I said, its not me challenging the methodology, its you. If you are so convinced that what we are are discussing here doesn't make any sense then please collaborate it with facts.

luzman
26-08-10, 11:03
Another standard cop-out rebuttal phrase....you are seriously running low on substantive statements aren't you?

I have already told you about the real life case of my own transaction which is a fact whether you believe it or not.

Anyway, like I said, its not me challenging the methodology, its you. If you are so convinced that what we are are discussing here doesn't make any sense then please collaborate it with facts.

Your real life case to support your cause?? I also have real life case to rebute it...I didnt see immediate 20% price increase when the mRT near my property was announced...mind u..its not just a MRT station...it is a terminal...meaning 2 MRT lines passing through...my experience tells me its a night mare for at least 2 years...noise and more noise into the nights...dust and more dust everywhere..and traffic jams and more traffic jams for 2 years...

Let me remind u that the Circle line was planned in the 80s...and started the detailed implementation in the 90s...and even so, there were changes and more changes to the final stations locations...and accident around Nicoll highway..that cause more delays etc...I dont need to show you that the effect of of the MRT announcement on properties around the lines is minimal....u just have to do your research yourself... the effect only comes once the lines are completed...and even now, the circle line is also not fully completed....

So, you are talking about the lines which is "planned" to be completed in 2010...which leads me to wonder why this particular line is planned so late when almost all Singapore are already covered with MRT network..some even with 2 or more lines running nearby....I think the simple logic is that this line may be very difficult or expansive to built because of some engineering challenges...etc...so, it has very high element of risk that it will be delayed if we are lucky..So, my point is simple...looking at past experiences, i can be absolutely sure that there will be delays to the line...and some uncertainty on the time line...

When there is uncertainty...investors like me never like to take this kind of risk...in fact, there are 3 uncertainties here...

1) The time frame is too far off to see results and it poses significant risk
2) The proposed stations are not defined and changes will be made even after it was announced...based on past experiences...and so, it has significant risk
3) Possibilities of land acquisition to make way for MRT

Looking at the above risk, u still think is worth to do the soil tracking studies....if so, please continue with your detailed tracking and guessing and i rest my case...

devilplate
26-08-10, 11:16
it was reported waterfront key/gold enjoyed brisk sales after DTL3 announcement....meaning to say: some buyers will bite

not every1 value things equally....and nobody appreciate MRT as much as others as well:cheers1:

peterng8
26-08-10, 13:18
yes, it is true, that is why not every investment in property will make money..it will depend on individual investor on how they assess the risk and thir investment strategy..I can tell you that some so called investor, when they heard of MRT station built somewhere nearby, you think they do research, no, they just quickly go and buy one and foolw the crowd or trust the agent who told them so...this is wht herd instinct.... ending up win or lose will depend on their luck...

proper-t
26-08-10, 15:44
Your real life case to support your cause?? I also have real life case to rebute it...I didnt see immediate 20% price increase when the mRT near my property was announced...mind u..its not just a MRT station...it is a terminal...meaning 2 MRT lines passing through...my experience tells me its a night mare for at least 2 years...noise and more noise into the nights...dust and more dust everywhere..and traffic jams and more traffic jams for 2 years...

Let me remind u that the Circle line was planned in the 80s...and started the detailed implementation in the 90s...and even so, there were changes and more changes to the final stations locations...and accident around Nicoll highway..that cause more delays etc...I dont need to show you that the effect of of the MRT announcement on properties around the lines is minimal....u just have to do your research yourself... the effect only comes once the lines are completed...and even now, the circle line is also not fully completed....

So, you are talking about the lines which is "planned" to be completed in 2010...which leads me to wonder why this particular line is planned so late when almost all Singapore are already covered with MRT network..some even with 2 or more lines running nearby....I think the simple logic is that this line may be very difficult or expansive to built because of some engineering challenges...etc...so, it has very high element of risk that it will be delayed if we are lucky..So, my point is simple...looking at past experiences, i can be absolutely sure that there will be delays to the line...and some uncertainty on the time line...

When there is uncertainty...investors like me never like to take this kind of risk...in fact, there are 3 uncertainties here...

1) The time frame is too far off to see results and it poses significant risk
2) The proposed stations are not defined and changes will be made even after it was announced...based on past experiences...and so, it has significant risk
3) Possibilities of land acquisition to make way for MRT

Looking at the above risk, u still think is worth to do the soil tracking studies....if so, please continue with your detailed tracking and guessing and i rest my case...

Did you try to sell or market your property when the station was first announced? Its been stated so many times in this thread - There are two likely price spikes - one upon announcement of exact station location and one upon completion. You try to sell during construction of course you may not enjoy the price increase. Is the MRT terminal completed? Have you check the price of your property now compared to before the announcement of the station?

Just because I say I have a real case, then you have to follow suit and come up with your own little story. Its ok, if you are able to understand where this thread is coming from but from your various posts, I see you are still lost. Maybe the real reason is because you didn't take the opportunity to sell when it was first announced and are now angry about your lost opportunity so you vent your frustrations in this thread. Move on dude and live with it.....

Today's Straits Times article below says it all. People who took the risk and bought in that vicinity are now reaping the gains as long they strike now and sell whilst the iron is hot. You think its not worth it to do some analysis, so be it, there are a lot of others laughing their way to the bank. I rest my case...

Aug 25, 2010

Downtown Line news lifts home sales

HOME buyers have snapped up eight units at Waterfront Key and six at Waterfront Gold in the Bedok Reservoir area in the days since last week's news that an MRT station will be built nearby.

Developer Frasers Centrepoint Homes said the units have been sold since the Government announced details of Stage 3 of the MRT Downtown Line last Friday.

The firm will also officially launch Waterfront Gold this Saturday.

Waterfront Gold, Waterfront Key and the fully sold Waterfront Waves are near the planned Bedok Reservoir station on the newest stage of the Downtown Line.

Experts say projects near this line should experience stronger demand, as with other projects located near MRT stations.

Stage 3 of the Downtown Line stretches from Singapore Expo in the east to Liang Court in River Valley in the south. A total of 16 stops are planned, including Tampines East, Upper Changi, Kampong Ubi and Kaki Bukit.

Ms Christine Sun, senior manager at Savills Research & Consultancy, noted that quite a number of MRT stations on this line are located within commercial and industrial areas, particularly in the North-east and Eastern regions.

This line will boost transport links to suburban commercial sites in Ubi, Kaki Bukit, MacPherson and Singapore Expo, she said.

The Paya Lebar Industrial Park, where 15ha are to be developed under the Masterplan 2008, will be a definite beneficiary.

Ms Sun said more businesses may relocate their offices from the city fringes and downtown areas to the park, and a positive impact on industrial property prices in these areas can be expected.

Residential properties near the Bedok Reservoir, Tampines, Pasir Ris and Upper Changi areas could see higher demand down the road, she added.

Residents in these areas will be able to transfer to the East-West Line stations via the new Downtown Line instead of using bus transfers, she said.

'For now, owner-occupiers may show more interest than investors in the projects near the new Downtown Line because these are mostly suburban areas.'

Also, the timeframe for the completion of the Downtown Line may be too long for some investors, she said.

Savills Residential director Phylicia Ang concurred that new and existing residential projects near the upcoming Downtown Line should attract demand but said not all investors will be eager to jump in now.

They will have to wait a few years for the line to be ready in order to reap the benefits, she said.

Price is also a key factor as developers and individual sellers may raise their prices, she said.

Stage 3 of the Downtown Line is scheduled for completion in 2017.

luzman
26-08-10, 17:19
Did you try to sell or market your property when the station was first announced? Its been stated so many times in this thread - There are two likely price spikes - one upon announcement of exact station location and one upon completion. You try to sell during construction of course you may not enjoy the price increase. Is the MRT terminal completed? Have you check the price of your property now compared to before the announcement of the station?

Just because I say I have a real case, then you have to follow suit and come up with your own little story. Its ok, if you are able to understand where this thread is coming from but from your various posts, I see you are still lost. Maybe the real reason is because you didn't take the opportunity to sell when it was first announced and are now angry about your lost opportunity so you vent your frustrations in this thread. Move on dude and live with it.....

Today's Straits Times article below says it all. People who took the risk and bought in that vicinity are now reaping the gains as long they strike now and sell whilst the iron is hot. You think its not worth it to do some analysis, so be it, there are a lot of others laughing their way to the bank. I rest my case...

First of all, dont assume u are smarter than others because u assume only u know but others dunno what is happening...

The fact of the matter is, even if u try to sell when the announcement is made..not everyone is like a herd of cows trying to follow...cos buyers are not stupid nowsaday..and they know they have to endure some inconveniences and will ask for lower price to compensate for the discomfort..u think they do not know there will be construction coming?? Dont be so naive....and if u like, I can proof to u that my case is real life case if u dare to take a bet with me...

And finally, u are what i call a typical case of only want to hear good news and try to ignore the bad news or the truth...From the article of the paper u posted, let me draw to you the point that u failed to see or u pretend not to see which is telling everyone my main point of this argument ..

"For now, owner-occupiers may show more interest than investors in the projects near the new Downtown Line because these are mostly suburban areas.'

Also, the timeframe for the completion of the Downtown Line may be too long for some investors, she said.

Savills Residential director Phylicia Ang concurred that new and existing residential projects near the upcoming Downtown Line should attract demand but said not all investors will be eager to jump in now.

They will have to wait a few years for the line to be ready in order to reap the benefits, she said."

proper-t
27-08-10, 09:09
First of all, dont assume u are smarter than others because u assume only u know but others dunno what is happening...

The fact of the matter is, even if u try to sell when the announcement is made..not everyone is like a herd of cows trying to follow...cos buyers are not stupid nowsaday..and they know they have to endure some inconveniences and will ask for lower price to compensate for the discomfort..u think they do not know there will be construction coming?? Dont be so naive....and if u like, I can proof to u that my case is real life case if u dare to take a bet with me...

And finally, u are what i call a typical case of only want to hear good news and try to ignore the bad news or the truth...From the article of the paper u posted, let me draw to you the point that u failed to see or u pretend not to see which is telling everyone my main point of this argument ..

"For now, owner-occupiers may show more interest than investors in the projects near the new Downtown Line because these are mostly suburban areas.'

They will have to wait a few years for the line to be ready in order to reap the benefits, she said."

Who is the one here who is assuming that he is smarter than others by saying that someone's else investment methodology doesn't make sense ?

You are the one who is NOT reading the article properly. The key part of the statement is "BUT NOT ALL investors will be eager to jump in now"

Sure, some potential buyers may not bite but there will be some that will because of other overriding factors. All it take is for one potential buyer to bite to prove you wrong. If ALL potential buyers shy away, then yes, I can say you have a valid point but if some still bite, then your theory doesn't hold water.

Everyone has their own views. If a certain investment methodology doesn't make money for people, they will abandon it sooner or later. The fact that there is so much interest and people are still so keen in this topic says something about it.

If you don't believe in it, then just don't adopt it, don't go around making statements that it doesn't make sense unless you have the facts to prove it.

proper-t
27-08-10, 09:33
I also noticed that you have avoided my question in the previous post. If you have a true life situation, please enlighten us with your answers to my question.

1. Did you try to sell or market your property when the station was first announced? Its been stated so many times in this thread - There are two likely price spikes - one upon announcement of exact station location and one upon completion. You try to sell during construction of course you may not enjoy the price increase.

2. Is the MRT terminal completed? Have you check the price of your property now compared to before the announcement of the station?

CK
27-08-10, 09:35
actually, if you read the thread title and find it ridiculous, just don't read it. it's really as simple as that. let us, the ridiculous "goondoos" continue to build castles near the MRT.

proper-t
27-08-10, 09:37
actually, if you read the thread title and find it ridiculous, just don't read it. it's really as simple as that. let us, the ridiculous "goondoos" continue to build castles near the MRT.

Well said, CK !!! :cheers4:

DC33_2008
27-08-10, 09:50
I believe there are always macro and micro factors affecting property prices. For example, Macro may mean iwhere is it located in Singapore and Micro may mean what is it in close proximity to the development. It is an interesting question on when is a spike. This is very interesting research question which will be left to the researchers to find the correlation based on the analysis of the collated data. Let us know if anyone has done it.

devilplate
27-08-10, 10:01
I believe there are always macro and micro factors affecting property prices. For example, Macro may mean iwhere is it located in Singapore and Micro may mean what is it in close proximity to the development. It is an interesting question on when is a spike. This is very interesting research question which will be left to the researchers to find the correlation based on the analysis of the collated data. Let us know if anyone has done it.

Location is consider as Micro factors....:)

Macro factors: govt policies, global economy, interest rates etc

i believe if a location is deemed inaccessible in the past(prices r supressed due to it) den with MRT announcement, prices will experience a spike after announcement (eg. bukit panjang):2cents:

DC33_2008
27-08-10, 10:24
I would consider your micro to be sub-micro. There are just too many sub-micro factors to be considered.
Location is consider as Micro factors....:)

Macro factors: govt policies, global economy, interest rates etc

i believe if a location is deemed inaccessible in the past(prices r supressed due to it) den with MRT announcement, prices will experience a spike after announcement (eg. bukit panjang):2cents:

luzman
27-08-10, 11:05
Who is the one here who is assuming that he is smarter than others by saying that someone's else investment methodology doesn't make sense ?

You are the one who is NOT reading the article properly. The key part of the statement is "BUT NOT ALL investors will be eager to jump in now"

Sure, some potential buyers may not bite but there will be some that will because of other overriding factors. All it take is for one potential buyer to bite to prove you wrong. If ALL potential buyers shy away, then yes, I can say you have a valid point but if some still bite, then your theory doesn't hold water.

Everyone has their own views. If a certain investment methodology doesn't make money for people, they will abandon it sooner or later. The fact that there is so much interest and people are still so keen in this topic says something about it.

If you don't believe in it, then just don't adopt it, don't go around making statements that it doesn't make sense unless you have the facts to prove it.
Let me answer you question by question and let this put to rest...
Your reply :Who is the one here who is assuming that he is smarter than others by saying that someone's else investment methodology doesn't make sense ?
My reply : U are the one who is telling everyone tracking of soil study is going to make money...smart statement i must agree....and investment methodology based on "tracking" or layman term "Guessing" is certainly very smart...
Your Reply : "BUT NOT ALL investors will be eager to jump in now"[/COLOR][/B]

My Reply: If everyone jumps in and say, wow..that's a potential to make money, then u are correct to do the leg work... but like i stated numerous time, the time line is too long to get the benefits...so, some investor like me dont think it makes sense...which is stated clearly in the article..."They will have to wait a few years for the line to be ready in order to reap the benefits, she said."

Your reply : Everyone has their own views. If a certain investment methodology doesn't make money for people, they will abandon it sooner or later. The fact that there is so much interest and people are still so keen in this topic says something about it.
My reply : Of course there are many people who are keen on this topic cos it gets very exciting and interesting when u try to spot something and u hit it...its like jackpot...its going to be damn exciting man..i tell u...but like I say, many failed to see the big picture here which is why I want to remind all...

luzman
27-08-10, 11:13
I also noticed that you have avoided my question in the previous post. If you have a true life situation, please enlighten us with your answers to my question.
Your Questions :

1. Did you try to sell or market your property when the station was first announced? Its been stated so many times in this thread - There are two likely price spikes - one upon announcement of exact station location and one upon completion. You try to sell during construction of course you may not enjoy the price increase.

2. Is the MRT terminal completed? Have you check the price of your property now compared to before the announcement of the station?

My Answers :

1) I have stated in my previous post clearly that when I try to sell, buyers all "siam" cos they know that construction is coming...I dont know where u got the information about 2 "spikes"....U have URA data or U engaged a consultant that show u there will be spikes?

2) The MRT is completed and the price now is higher of course because of 2 reason ...1) The MRT is already finished...2) The market upturn this year...

DC33_2008
27-08-10, 11:23
Construction of any kind near development looking for rental can influence take up rate. Mid-term construction like 2-3years can be bad as there will be noise, jams, etc.

proper-t
27-08-10, 15:03
Let me answer you question by question and let this put to rest...
Your reply :Who is the one here who is assuming that he is smarter than others by saying that someone's else investment methodology doesn't make sense ?
My reply : U are the one who is telling everyone tracking of soil study is going to make money...smart statement i must agree....and investment methodology based on "tracking" or layman term "Guessing" is certainly very smart...

'goondu soil analyzer" - Where in all my postings have I advocated that this is a sure thing and will definitely make money. All I said was that if you bet right, there is potential to make money. Have I gone around preaching? Whatever I have posted was just in response to your baseless statements. You say I assume to know more? I am just a goondu soil analyzer defending. You are the one attacking, assuming superior knowledge and telling everyone that what we are discussing in this thread is senseless.
Your Reply : "BUT NOT ALL investors will be eager to jump in now"[/color][/b]

My Reply: If everyone jumps in and say, wow..that's a potential to make money, then u are correct to do the leg work... but like i stated numerous time, the time line is too long to get the benefits...so, some investor like me dont think it makes sense...which is stated clearly in the article..."They will have to wait a few years for the line to be ready in order to reap the benefits, she said."

'Goondu soil analyzer' -

Did I preach for everyone to jump in? Anyway. please get back to the point. You are saying that everyone will siam if construction period is long. This article has already proven you wrong because if you read it completely, there are still buyers who are jumping in to buy AFTER the announcement of the station nothwithstanding the long completion period. In fact, if you take the phrase in its entirety "Savills Residential director Phylicia Ang concurred that new and existing residential projects near the upcoming Downtown Line should attract demand but said not all investors will be eager to jump in now. This person fully agrees that it should still attract demand only that not all investors will jump on. In fact, the headline and first paragraph says it all.
Downtown Line news lifts home sales
HOME buyers have snapped up eight units at Waterfront Key and six at Waterfront Gold in the Bedok Reservoir area in the days since last week's news that an MRT station will be built nearby.

If you have selective reading issues, please let me know and I'll highlight for you again.

If everybody should be turned off by the long construction period , why are there still eight new buyers for this development? The developer has benefit from the news of the announcement already.

Your reply : Everyone has their own views. If a certain investment methodology doesn't make money for people, they will abandon it sooner or later. The fact that there is so much interest and people are still so keen in this topic says something about it.
My reply : Of course there are many people who are keen on this topic cos it gets very exciting and interesting when u try to spot something and u hit it...its like jackpot...its going to be damn exciting man..i tell u...but like I say, many failed to see the big picture here which is why I want to remind all...

goondu soil analyzer...you want remind people about risk, its fine but stating that everything we are discussing here doesn't make sense is a sweeping statement especially if you don't have facts to prove it.

What's worse is when people try to defend their views, you try to turn it around and state that that person is advocating for everyone to follow his/her views when actually its the other way around.

We are seasoned investors here, well aware of all the risks involved and don't need condescending and self proclaimed 'well intentioned' posters mothering us. Be a mature responsible forumer and leave us goondu soil analyzers alone..

proper-t
27-08-10, 15:38
Your Questions :

My Answers :

1) I have stated in my previous post clearly that when I try to sell, buyers all "siam" cos they know that construction is coming...I dont know where u got the information about 2 "spikes"....U have URA data or U engaged a consultant that show u there will be spikes?

After seeing all your postings, now I understand why all the potential buyers siam from you and your property. Read the Straits Times article carefully again to get the answers. If you need me to highlight to you, I will try but seeing how you have responded so far and the level of comprehension of facts, I know it will be a difficult task.

2) The MRT is completed and the price now is higher of course because of 2 reason ...1) The MRT is already finished...2) The market upturn this year..
Huh :confused: if you believe that (1) the increase in price came about because of completion of MRT, doesn't it partly answer yr question about the two spikes above?

.............:doh:

proper-t
27-08-10, 17:22
FOR SALE - Property next to MRT terminal.....

Knock! Knock!

Potential buyer : Hi Mr. Loserman, I just read the news that there will be a new MRT terminal near yr property and am very excited about acquiring your property.

Mr. Loserman: errr...because I am a well intentioned and responsible seller, I must warn you that its going to take a long long time before the MRT terminal is going to be completed.

Potential buyer: Its ok, my kids are still young. By the time they grow up, it will be just nice. They can take the MRT to school etc

Mr Loserman: I must also, in all good conscience, tell you that there is also a risk that LTA may re-possess my property for the MRT terminal

Potential buyer : That's ok, I have done my research and checked the road interpretation plans and the possibility is slim

Mr. Loserman: There will be dust and noise from the construction. Your children may get asthma and get partial deafness from the piling...

Potential buyer : but......

Mr Loserman (interjecting): not forgetting the traffic jams....

Potential buyer : but.....

Mr Loserman (interrupting again) : and construction workers loitering outside the house.

Potential buyer : errrr.....I think its ok, I'll let you know if I am interested....

Mr Loserman (thinking to himself) : "darn, that's the 10th buyer that walked away. I wonder why"

proud owner
27-08-10, 20:58
hiihi

all east coasters ...

what happened to the St Andrew's community hospital ?

its gone ...

pod
27-08-10, 23:00
Juz had coffee today with my old friend. Out of the blue he said he wans to buy a ppty now at bedok reservoir.

I ask him why?

He said "aiya, in afew years time MRT will be build there lo..."

:D

I tink everyone loves the music from rails...:doh:

proud owner
27-08-10, 23:03
Juz had coffee today with my old friend. Out of the blue he said he wans to buy a ppty now at bedok reservoir.

I ask him why?

its good that the MRT serves more and more area...

long long ago .. everyone wants to be near Bus interchange ..
and when there was a feeder bus outside your block .. your block is considered Prime ..

now we take a leap .. MRT circle line will boost the condos ..just like how the feeder bus route boosted the hdb those days ...

pod
27-08-10, 23:10
its good that the MRT serves more and more area...

long long ago .. everyone wants to be near Bus interchange ..
and when there was a feeder bus outside your block .. your block is considered Prime ..

now we take a leap .. MRT circle line will boost the condos ..just like how the feeder bus route boosted the hdb those days ...

Agree with u. :)

End of the day, this reflects the general response from people looking for ideal residential ppties.

A good connected estate will generally benefits the residents.

I hate those days when I was young (schooling) when i have to take a bus to reach the mrt. And then take another bus to reach school@#?!@ very very tiring :(

For now, an uncle like me will hope to stay in an estate that is well served with public transport. (WORLD CLASS:rolleyes: )

gfoo
27-08-10, 23:20
I don't get it. Why pay some $150-200k more today to wait for mass public transport that will be ready in 5 years, and put up with incessant noise, dust, and jams for 3 odd years, and after to get packed like sardines smelling foreign armpits? Might as well take taxi every day cheaper and more comfy, or buy a car.

Again, to me the only advantage of an mrt station is not the mrt itself, but rather IF a substantial commercial/shopping hub is built along side it. Not all mrt stations have the propensity to accomodate commercial tho

I'm an amateur property newbie so perhaps somebody can enlighten me about this 'MRT' effect?

Wolverine23
28-08-10, 08:18
Some say East coast might eventually be the only place without MRT and others think there will definitely be one.

Conclusion:

Win-Win situation

1) No MRT: East coast will be the most "Unique" estate and this creates (or retains) enough charm for prices to appreciate and become an upmarket area.

2) With MRT: there will be enough home buyers / investors to push prices further up!

Regarding the debate on whether it is foolish to buy property based on speculation of the MRT lines, I think everyone has their own views and I guess its really the rude and irritating remarks of some forumer (you know who you are) that make people want to whack you!

In any case, buying 1 or more properties nowadays is not big deal and some people are just buying for fun and can afford to even lose it all.... :tongue3:

teddybear
28-08-10, 10:01
I also don't get it. Seems like some one-sided wishful thinking? :p
Near MRT station but in some lousy location also useless?
Near MRT station and in some good location but not near any shopping malls also not as desirable as those + near shopping malls?

I don't get it. Why pay some $150-200k more today to wait for mass public transport that will be ready in 5 years, and put up with incessant noise, dust, and jams for 3 odd years, and after to get packed like sardines smelling foreign armpits? Might as well take taxi every day cheaper and more comfy, or buy a car.

Again, to me the only advantage of an mrt station is not the mrt itself, but rather IF a substantial commercial/shopping hub is built along side it. Not all mrt stations have the propensity to accomodate commercial tho

I'm an amateur property newbie so perhaps somebody can enlighten me about this 'MRT' effect?

proud owner
28-08-10, 12:50

I ask him why?

i wonder if they build a condo next to Kranji MRT
will anyone buy ?

proper-t
28-08-10, 14:03

Having a shopping complex also means you have to put up with the dust/noise during construction. Sometimes, the shopping centre holds events in the outside atrium and blares loud music through its speakers in the morning or night. People may also park illegally in front of yr house or causing traffic jams waiting for their wives/girlfriends.

For me, I rather have a MRT station at my doorstep with a major shopping mall a few stops away.

You also ask why pay more now? I think the whole point of the thread is NOT to pay more now because the stations are not known yet and sellers have not adjusted their prices. Once the stations are announced, the price you would have paid will have been considered a steal.

devilplate
28-08-10, 14:26
will anyone buy ?
Depends on the price. 500psf in today market i will bite. Mabe some chinese horsey punters love it!

acewee
28-08-10, 14:47
Spoken like a true investor. Can also rent to jockeys. :scared-2:

Depends on the price. 500psf in today market i will bite. Mabe some chinese horsey punters love it!

gfoo
28-08-10, 14:48
Having a shopping complex also means you have to put up with the dust/noise during construction. Sometimes, the shopping centre holds events in the outside atrium and blares loud music through its speakers in the morning or night. People may also park illegally in front of yr house or causing traffic jams waiting for their wives/girlfriends.

For me, I rather have a MRT station at my doorstep with a major shopping mall a few stops away.

You also ask why pay more now? I think the whole point of the thread is NOT to pay more now because the stations are not known yet and sellers have not adjusted their prices. Once the stations are announced, the price you would have paid will have been considered a steal.

Thank you sir for your wisdom. As prices now are already stratospheric esp for mass market, thus are you suggesting that these mrts will help mitigate losses when the bubble breaks? Also just got an sms from feo saying they are increasing prices for wfg

Wild Falcon
28-08-10, 15:30
East Coast will have an MRT line lah - whether prices will be pushed up further is not clear. Bear in mind this area is the leader in terms of MM hotel-room size apartments to sqeeze out the highest possible PSF. Reclaimed land and everything artificial very charming meh? Maybe Lim Chu Kang farms without those MM units more charming :)

Some say East coast might eventually be the only place without MRT and others think there will definitely be one.

Conclusion:

Win-Win situation

1) No MRT: East coast will be the most "Unique" estate and this creates (or retains) enough charm for prices to appreciate and become an upmarket area.

2) With MRT: there will be enough home buyers / investors to push prices further up!

Regarding the debate on whether it is foolish to buy property based on speculation of the MRT lines, I think everyone has their own views and I guess its really the rude and irritating remarks of some forumer (you know who you are) that make people want to whack you!

In any case, buying 1 or more properties nowadays is not big deal and some people are just buying for fun and can afford to even lose it all.... :tongue3:

Wolverine23
28-08-10, 15:48
1) Leader in terms of MMs???? ARE you sure? Which district does not have so many MMs now?

2) If East Coast and Katong does not have charm, why would it be one of the most popular places to stay in Singapore?

D15 is one of, if not, the most sought after district to stay in....

maybe you prefer to stay in Lim Chu Kang rather rather in Katong/ East Coast?

East Coast will have an MRT line lah - whether prices will be pushed up further is not clear. Bear in mind this area is the leader in terms of MM hotel-room size apartments to sqeeze out the highest possible PSF. Reclaimed land and everything artificial very charming meh? Maybe Lim Chu Kang farms without those MM units more charming :)

Wild Falcon
28-08-10, 15:57
Ok lah. D15 is the MOST sought after district and you are the best staying in the most sought-after district. So high class - everyone else cannot afford and look up to you since you are so sought-after in the most sought-after district. Happy already? Just trying to say that maybe it's not as sought after as you think. D15 has the most MMs compared to any other areas lah. Go propertyguru and search for property less than $600k and see which district come out tops. This is a fact.

Just trying to see your reaction lah. Because in this forum, no one else says their area is the MOST SOUGHT AFTER or MOST HIGH-CLASS other than people in D15. It's food for thought. Why would anyone go around saying they're so sought after is beyond me.

And I always say, if one has to resort to saying "I am very rich" or "I am staying in the MOST SOUGHT AFTER district" - then it's probably not the most sought-after district. The real rich and sophisticated don't go around doing that in your face.

As I've a friend who speaks just like you. He stays in a small MM in Telok Kurau and he also likes to go around bragging he is staying in the "most sough-after district". The rest of us, including a friend who stays in a GCB in Cluny, usually just roll our eyes. Do you really have to say that? And really? You think it is that sought-after? Such bragging just puts people off.

1) Leader in terms of MMs???? ARE you sure? Which district does not have so many MMs now?

2) If East Coast and Katong does not have charm, why would it be one of the most popular places to stay in Singapore?

D15 is one of, if not, the most sought after district to stay in....

maybe you prefer to stay in Lim Chu Kang rather rather in Katong/ East Coast?

devilplate
28-08-10, 16:59
targetting MM is alrite....BUT dun tok down D15

investors generally still prefer D15 after 1,2,4,9,10,11:2cents:

teddybear
28-08-10, 17:22
Why? because 15 is in alphabetical order after 11? :p
Next time D1 is too old and run out of land, D0 will be created and the process of selling 99LH land started all over again with the focus of development in D0 (NOT D1). Then, D1 will be taken back free of charge after 99 years lease runs out and then rebuilt and re-marketed again as the focus development area (NOT D0). Then process repeated D0<->D1. Haha! Many are quite clear how the games goes to milk the 99LH................. :D

devilplate
28-08-10, 17:27
Why? because 15 is in alphabetical order after 11? :p
Next time D1 is too old and run out of land, D0 will be created and the process of selling 99LH land started all over again with the focus of development in D0 (NOT D1). Then, D1 will be taken back free of charge after 99 years lease runs out and then rebuilt and re-marketed again as the focus development area (NOT D0). Then process repeated D0<->D1. Haha! Many are quite clear how the games goes to milk the 99LH................. :D

???

let ur future generation worry about it....:p

nobody noes wat will happen in future...WW3??? Nuclear?:eek:

gfoo
28-08-10, 18:44
???

let ur future generation worry about it....:p

nobody noes wat will happen in future...WW3??? Nuclear?:eek:

lol. by the time my lease runs out my baby will be late 90s, and any grandchildren i might have will be in their 60s. And unless they have a cure for aging i will be long long gone. let's all get past 2012/2013 first, then see how. lol

Wolverine23
28-08-10, 19:24
Your reply reflects your immaturity. In an annoymous forum, it might still be ok for you but for your own good, I hope these thoughts do not implusively translate into your speech and actions in reality.

I seriously cannot see why D15 has the largest concentration of MMs? MMs are all over Singapore now.

Another serious question: Do you really stay around Lim Chu Kang?
:)

Ok lah. D15 is the MOST sought after district and you are the best staying in the most sought-after district. So high class - everyone else cannot afford and look up to you since you are so sought-after in the most sought-after district. Happy already? Just trying to say that maybe it's not as sought after as you think. D15 has the most MMs compared to any other areas lah. Go propertyguru and search for property less than $600k and see which district come out tops. This is a fact.

Just trying to see your reaction lah. Because in this forum, no one else says their area is the MOST SOUGHT AFTER or MOST HIGH-CLASS other than people in D15. It's food for thought. Why would anyone go around saying they're so sought after is beyond me.

And I always say, if one has to resort to saying "I am very rich" or "I am staying in the MOST SOUGHT AFTER district" - then it's probably not the most sought-after district. The real rich and sophisticated don't go around doing that in your face.

As I've a friend who speaks just like you. He stays in a small MM in Telok Kurau and he also likes to go around bragging he is staying in the "most sough-after district". The rest of us, including a friend who stays in a GCB in Cluny, usually just roll our eyes. Do you really have to say that? And really? You think it is that sought-after? Such bragging just puts people off.

Wild Falcon
28-08-10, 22:24
If you can't see D15 has a lot of MMs, more than any other districts, then I feel sorry for you.

Please go to propertyguru.com and search properties less than $500k. The problem with people like you is, you make sweeping comments without doing some basic diligence. Comments like "I stay in the most sought after district". Do you really think words like that put you in a good light?

The below link hopefully appears. It shows the cheapest condos in Singapore - filterd by less than $500k.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/singapore-property-listing?submit=Search&listing_type=sale&property_type=N&property_type_code[]=CONDO&property_type_code[]=APT&property_type_code[]=WALK&property_type_code[]=CLUS&property_type_code[]=EXCON&maxprice=500000&distance=0.5&smm=1

You tell me - which district appear most? D15 - the unequivocal winner. Tembeling, isuites, Suites @ Katong, The Cotz etc etc. So why are u living in denial?

And what did I say that is immature? If I say D15 has a lot of MM - I support it with real facts. Going around saying "I stay in the most sought after district." That has no substance other than bragging like a 3 year old kid. Do you really that statement is so mature? Give me a break. I've read your other posts - nothing ever of any substance. Generally around the "D15 is so sought-after" line of thought. So mature. Really?

Your reply reflects your immaturity. In an annoymous forum, it might still be ok for you but for your own good, I hope these thoughts do not implusively translate into your speech and actions in reality.

I seriously cannot see why D15 has the largest concentration of MMs? MMs are all over Singapore now.

Another serious question: Do you really stay around Lim Chu Kang?
:)

Wild Falcon
28-08-10, 22:29
Not talking down on D15 MMs. After all, MMs may make good investments. I'm just against people who like to say "I stay in most sought after district" machiam they're very smart. Seriously, how shallow can one be? Or arguing that D15 doesn't have a lot of MMs when in reality, it has! Everyone has to say things with some basis please.

acewee
28-08-10, 22:58
Hahhaha. Reminds me of a dude who also made a sweeping claim that a particular MRT line is useless. We really shouldn't be so immature.:doh:

If you can't see D15 has a lot of MMs, more than any other districts, then I feel sorry for you.

Please go to propertyguru.com and search properties less than $500k. The problem with people like you is, you make sweeping comments without doing some basic diligence. Comments like "I stay in the most sought after district". Do you really think words like that put you in a good light?

The below link hopefully appears. It shows the cheapest condos in Singapore - filterd by less than $500k.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/singapore-property-listing?submit=Search&listing_type=sale&property_type=N&property_type_code[]=CONDO&property_type_code[]=APT&property_type_code[]=WALK&property_type_code[]=CLUS&property_type_code[]=EXCON&maxprice=500000&distance=0.5&smm=1

You tell me - which district appear most? D15 - the unequivocal winner. Tembeling, isuites, Suites @ Katong, The Cotz etc etc. So why are u living in denial?

And what did I say that is immature? If I say D15 has a lot of MM - I support it with real facts. Going around saying "I stay in the most sought after district." That has no substance other than bragging like a 3 year old kid. Do you really that statement is so mature? Give me a break. I've read your other posts - nothing ever of any substance. Generally around the "D15 is so sought-after" line of thought. So mature. Really?

Wild Falcon
28-08-10, 23:57
The DTL3 is inefficient. That is also an opinion supported by facts and not a sweeping claim :) And again, I have stated my reasons. Please go to that thread. A sweeping statement is one without justification. I have said there is not interchanges near the city center and no direct link to NS and EW line. So, residents would have to commute in a roundabout manner (many stations and transfers) to hit town or shopping district. And I really think residents should petition for better connectivity, and not live in denial. The DTL 3line definitely can be improved.

That is not a sweeping statement :) Pls use words carefully. Dictionary.com may help.

Hahhaha. Reminds me of a dude who also made a sweeping claim that a particular MRT line is useless. We really shouldn't be so immature.:doh:

acewee
29-08-10, 00:35
My apologies. I suppose wolverine23's sweeping statement, which coincidentally appears to be similar to reports of d15 being most popular 4 years running, is nothing like yours, which is strongly supported by your perceived facts (aka opinion). Anyways.....

The DTL3 is inefficient. That is also an opinion supported by facts and not a sweeping claim :) And again, I have stated my reasons. Please go to that thread. A sweeping statement is one without justification. I have said there is not interchanges near the city center and no direct link to NS and EW line. So, residents would have to commute in a roundabout manner (many stations and transfers) to hit town or shopping district. And I really think residents should petition for better connectivity, and not live in denial. The DTL 3line definitely can be improved.

That is not a sweeping statement :) Pls use words carefully. Dictionary.com may help.

Wolverine23
29-08-10, 01:09
You better take your claims back - "I stay in the most sought after district."

When did you ever see me posting this?

And sorry, I do not have time to read your other post, just these few postings should be enough for me to pass a judgement on you.

For me, its simple. I put my $$$ where my mouth is. I have bought properties in D15 and will be considering to buy more in D15 as well. period.

For your info, MMs does not necessary = <S$500k or S$600K (depending on yr mood????)

If you do not even know what is a MM, forget the whole discussion and enjoy your LCK.... so do you stay there?

Wild Falcon
29-08-10, 17:25
BTW, if it surprises you, I don't have a unit in Lim Chu Kang. but I do have a unit in the "most sought after district" that you've named. Don't assume people only say good things about the districts they have investmet in :)

After filtering less than $500k, go down the list and tell me the size of the units ok? All 300-400+ sq ft, if they are not MMs, what are they? The list will include Tembeling Suites, iSuites@Marshall, Studios@ Tembeling, Tembeling Residences, Haig 162, The Cotz, Jupiter 18, new MM in Telok Kurau, Joo Chiat MM(31 units) etc,. And if you even bother to do any research, you will realise that D15 is #1, the close #2-4 when it comes to MM would be D14, D12 and D16. Interestingly, they're all in the same locality - so the MMs are rather concentrated between D12 - D15 - the RCR. Yes, other areas also have MMs, but they're not in such high concentration and are larger in size/quantum - in short, they don't attact the "lowest level" investor with budget less tha $500k.

Anyway, nothing wrong with MMs. I don't see why you're so in denial that their locality has a lot of MMs. If you're staying there, it's a trend you just have to deal with. It may be a postive trend. After all, MMs tend to squeeze out the maximum PSF.

You better take your claims back - "I stay in the most sought after district."

When did you ever see me posting this?

And sorry, I do not have time to read your other post, just these few postings should be enough for me to pass a judgement on you.

For me, its simple. I put my $$$ where my mouth is. I have bought properties in D15 and will be considering to buy more in D15 as well. period.

For your info, MMs does not necessary = <S$500k or S$600K (depending on yr mood????)

If you do not even know what is a MM, forget the whole discussion and enjoy your LCK.... so do you stay there?

Wild Falcon
29-08-10, 17:34
Sorry having the largest number of transaction doesn't mean it's the most "sought-after". A place is sought after because it is rare - sought-after mean "desired". D15 will always have the largest volume but highest volume doesn't mean it's the most "wished for" or "desired". D15 will always have the highest volume even in the next 10 years. U know why? Because it has 500+ condos/apartments. No other area has such high density or so heavily built up. Look at classifieds. Which district always has the most number of pages on sale at any point in time? High supply also means high volume. But high volume doesn't mean an area is sought-after. Sought-after places are usually hard to come by - that's why it is so desired. You may say a D10 GCB is sought-after, even if it has very low volume.

In short "sought after" has nothing to do with high volume. These are 2 different things.

Anyway, I've enough of giving basic English lessons liao.

If it makes you happy, D15 is the most sought-after district in the entire Singapore.

My apologies. I suppose wolverine23's sweeping statement, which coincidentally appears to be similar to reports of d15 being most popular 4 years running, is nothing like yours, which is strongly supported by your perceived facts (aka opinion). Anyways.....

DKSG
29-08-10, 18:01
I simply dont understand this debate abt "most sought after".

Frankly, everyone is of the opinion that the place they stay in is the most sought after la! Self justification. So please do not continue this useless debate.

Rather spend me time telling us abt the facts. If u notice a Sea View unit sold for $1,000 psf, tell us ! If u notice a One Amber unit sold for $1,800 psf - also tell us ! We are all here to share and learn.

This is the same symdrome as people telling others their kids are so smart, the smartest kid in Singapore and Johor ! I always deem that as damn lame!

Also please dont argue micro facts, a condo near MRT is always of higher value than one that is not. ceteris peribus. But if u invest in a place where MRT is considered a negative factor, then its otherwise. Imagine, a MRT at Nassim Park ?

mantrix
29-08-10, 20:48
Sorry having the largest number of transaction doesn't mean it's the most "sought-after". A place is sought after because it is rare - sought-after mean "desired". D15 will always have the largest volume but highest volume doesn't mean it's the most "wished for" or "desired". D15 will always have the highest volume even in the next 10 years. U know why? Because it has 500+ condos/apartments. No other area has such high density or so heavily built up. Look at classifieds. Which district always has the most number of pages on sale at any point in time? High supply also means high volume. But high volume doesn't mean an area is sought-after. Sought-after places are usually hard to come by - that's why it is so desired. You may say a D10 GCB is sought-after, even if it has very low volume.

In short "sought after" has nothing to do with high volume. These are 2 different things.

Anyway, I've enough of giving basic English lessons liao.

If it makes you happy, D15 is the most sought-after district in the entire Singapore.

My friend owns a unit in D15, one of the boutique condos...he rented it out cos he told me he won't stay there unless he stops driving. Traffic is really bad and he believes it's gonna get worse...

gn108
29-08-10, 21:22
I have lived in the East for a long time but I am leaving as the traffic is bad and will get worse. Don't have the 'laid-back' feel unless you move far East like Changi.

DKSG
29-08-10, 21:29
I have lived in the East for a long time but I am leaving as the traffic is bad and will get worse. Don't have the 'laid-back' feel unless you move far East like Changi.

Then where are you moving to ?

Wolverine23
29-08-10, 22:20
DKSG, I also dun understand wild falcon's intention. Frankly, no one is debating about "most sought or not"...

The focal point is actually on the depth of his maturity. Just look at his initial reply as quoted below. This is explain everything to all who are logical. :)

Quote from Wild Falcon"

As I've a friend who speaks just like you. He stays in a small MM in Telok Kurau and he also likes to go around bragging he is staying in the "most sough-after district". The rest of us, including a friend who stays in a GCB in Cluny, usually just roll our eyes. Do you really have to say that? And really? You think it is that sought-after? Such bragging just puts people off."

Unquote.

I simply dont understand this debate abt "most sought after".

Frankly, everyone is of the opinion that the place they stay in is the most sought after la! Self justification. So please do not continue this useless debate.

Rather spend me time telling us abt the facts. If u notice a Sea View unit sold for $1,000 psf, tell us ! If u notice a One Amber unit sold for $1,800 psf - also tell us ! We are all here to share and learn.

This is the same symdrome as people telling others their kids are so smart, the smartest kid in Singapore and Johor ! I always deem that as damn lame!

Also please dont argue micro facts, a condo near MRT is always of higher value than one that is not. ceteris peribus. But if u invest in a place where MRT is considered a negative factor, then its otherwise. Imagine, a MRT at Nassim Park ?

pod
30-08-10, 15:12
will anyone buy ?

Of cos got people buy la...

Horse punters!! haha...

ok lousy joke..

Aiya in Singapore so small... any agent wans to sell u a house.. they will literally tell u thousand & one reasons abt the 'virtues' of the estate.

In this case, near kranji also will sell la....

My opinion is, different people have different needs in their life's. Some cos of kids, will relocate to near schools. Some working their heads off will like to be near town. Some kenna toto will buy a house on top of the hill.

For me, near Mrt will mean certain level of convenience. Of cos near MRT sure noisy la. U cant expect govt build an MRT jus for u to use only right? Also if u near shopping centre, we cant expect no traffic jam right? If near city area xmas/cny etc, also sure jam right? If not, how to show off the new lamborghini super veloce? :D

08-12-10, 18:29
Noted new round of soil tests are being conducted in Marine Parade and Bedok South areas currently. The test points are quite in-line with those predicted in this thread.

sufri
08-12-10, 20:03
Noted new round of soil tests are being conducted in Marine Parade and Bedok South areas currently. The test points are quite in-line with those predicted in this thread.

thanks for sharing, but do u roughly know where the marine parade station might be?

08-12-10, 20:26
thanks for sharing, but do u roughly know where the marine parade station might be?

read the earlier postings in this thread.....

AK47
14-12-10, 12:47
Eastern Region Line is still 10 years down the road. Too far ahead.

Why not put attention in CBD residences? Its tranforming now and prices are moving faster than other districts. Sell off in a few years time and punt at East Coast later.

vboy
14-12-10, 15:39
Eastern Region Line is still 10 years down the road. Too far ahead.

Why not put attention in CBD residences? Its tranforming now and prices are moving faster than other districts. Sell off in a few years time and punt at East Coast later.

basically can take profit already when the ERL stations are announced in a year or two time ... esp if really got station coming up next to your house

no need to wait till 10 years man :sleep:

finder
15-12-10, 16:14
basically can take profit already when the ERL stations are announced in a year or two time ... esp if really got station coming up next to your house

no need to wait till 10 years man :sleep:

"Next to your house", if too near then chances land going back to gov liao.

marktkt22
16-12-10, 23:07
ERL is due 2020, but announcement is very likely in the next 1-2 yr, to take profit:) . no need to really wait until 2020.

somemore, some stations locations are more or less known or speculated with fair degree of accuracy... the next spike in D15 will be from ERL announcement..hopefully

kstan2
26-02-11, 17:42
recently there are more land survey at katong park and at the empty plot of land next to waterplace..hint of ERL stations getting stronger

ecimbew
26-02-11, 17:54
Reminds me of a blogger named Keith Yip who dreamt of a balestier station between toa payoh and novena. If Dover can do it, why not balestier? Haha

http://keithyip.com/2010/03/29/can-we-have-mrt-station-coming-to-balestier/

gtr
27-02-11, 09:37
recently there are more land survey at katong park and at the empty plot of land next to waterplace..hint of ERL stations getting stronger

Wondering if the Pats School House will remain there at katong park or will it be ask to shift if the park is to build a station in future ??

kstan2
27-02-11, 20:02
I think Pat sch house will have to move if the station is going to be at katong park. It is not difficult to relocate them because they lease that place from the government. What is more difficult is to build the station and preserve the fort that was buried under the park. But a station at katong park is a double edged sword.. lots of noise and digging for few years before the station can be completed

focus
28-02-11, 00:12
I think Pat sch house will have to move if the station is going to be at katong park. It is not difficult to relocate them because they lease that place from the government. What is more difficult is to build the station and preserve the fort that was buried under the park. But a station at katong park is a double edged sword.. lots of noise and digging for few years before the station can be completed
To preserve the park..then no choice.. ask MRT to surface to ground for who stretch of Meyer to Tanjong Rhu.. keke...

On a sidenote, I noticed a lot of constructions going on at the other end of East Coast (directly opposite Fort Road)... Dunno what is hidden in there...

Condo Kaiser
28-02-11, 03:15
Honestly, in the current price range people are asking for in Marine Parade region, near the supposedly new ERL MRT stations. There isn't much profit to be made even if it is announced tomorrow. People have been talking about it for far too long.

Any price jump should be attributed to the macro economic environment. 10 years is a long time to wait for material benefits from a MRT line and there are too many uncertainties which may hinder price growth.

Real price growth occurs along with real economics expansion, everything else is just gimmicks invented by sales person.

Even with new MRT station, your condo price will still drop if economy is depressed.

clemdale
28-02-11, 08:38
Hi guys, can someone summarise where the possible stations of the ERL are? I'm particularly interested in the ones along meyer, amber, and marine parade road.. thanks in advance!

DC33_2008
28-02-11, 08:44
It should be quite obvious with one at marine parade as SM wants to revamp Marine Parade in particular for the elderly. My guess is another station should be near Victoria School.
Hi guys, can someone summarise where the possible stations of the ERL are? I'm particularly interested in the ones along meyer, amber, and marine parade road.. thanks in advance!

devilplate
28-02-11, 08:45
when they gona announce the erl stations? next yr?

blackpepperj
28-02-11, 12:50
Honestly, in the current price range people are asking for in Marine Parade region, near the supposedly new ERL MRT stations. There isn't much profit to be made even if it is announced tomorrow. People have been talking about it for far too long.

Any price jump should be attributed to the macro economic environment. 10 years is a long time to wait for material benefits from a MRT line and there are too many uncertainties which may hinder price growth.

Real price growth occurs along with real economics expansion, everything else is just gimmicks invented by sales person.

Even with new MRT station, your condo price will still drop if economy is depressed.

Agree! One has to consider the inconvenience of living with the dust, noise and traffic jams associated with MRT construction, UP TILL 2020!

gtr
28-02-11, 21:14
Hope they announce soon....

reuters
28-02-11, 22:14
Agree! One has to consider the inconvenience of living with the dust, noise and traffic jams associated with MRT construction, UP TILL 2020!

Marine Parade has always been popular even without MRT because of the location and proximity to shopping malls, eateries, beach and market. That is the reason of the high price rather than a speculation of MRT nearby. If Katong Park really becomes an MRT site, it will benefit everyone staying around the area and the properties there deserve further capital appreciation. No wonder Silversea is at 1,700 psf. May even be 1,800 psf by now.

kstan2
01-03-11, 21:25
Recent transaction at View @ Meyer is already $2100psf... wonder how much it will go up if MRT is announced at katong park...:scared-1:

francophile
02-03-11, 13:06
Recent transaction at View @ Meyer is already $2100psf... wonder how much it will go up if MRT is announced at katong park...:scared-1:

Is Katong the next Orchard?What's up with the crazy prices?A couple of forummers mentioned that Orchard was not always the sought after district it is today-do you know what brought about this change?

gtr
02-03-11, 13:56

Today saw the workers doing the work beside pat's school house n another one near the corner of katong park.

Ask them about what they doing n they said it's another soil test that they gotta dig down to 60 meters.

And was told likely there will be a station at katong park. Don't know how true is it ??

med80009
02-03-11, 14:55
If i'm Gahmen i will to the appropriate planning but i will not be in a rush to build this line for a few reasons:

1. Development and accessibility around this region a big issue now
2. There are ongoing projects that can concentrate on
3. Economy is doing well with good growth -> will wait until economy cools/recession etc and use this as a tool to stimulate economy

focus
02-03-11, 16:32
Today saw the workers doing the work beside pat's school house n another one near the corner of katong park.

Ask them about what they doing n they said it's another soil test that they gotta dig down to 60 meters.

And was told likely there will be a station at katong park. Don't know how true is it ??

Katong PARK one is confirmed one lah..
You go take a look ..and you tell me what they are doing there.

gtr
02-03-11, 16:43
Katong PARK one is confirmed one lah..
You go take a look ..and you tell me what they are doing there.

Confirmed a station in katong park ??

Well, saw soil testing as mentioned, drilling to a lower depth.

kstan2
02-03-11, 21:00
Wah good job. Dig 60 m and at multiple location, good chance to have a station here. Next question is whether $2100 psf at View@Meyer already factor in this station. There is a unit on the 8th flr on sale for long time already at $1600+psf but no taker may be a good buy before the line is announce next yr.:)

blackpepperj
03-03-11, 11:18
Marine Parade has always been popular even without MRT because of the location and proximity to shopping malls, eateries, beach and market. That is the reason of the high price rather than a speculation of MRT nearby. If Katong Park really becomes an MRT site, it will benefit everyone staying around the area and the properties there deserve further capital appreciation. No wonder Silversea is at 1,700 psf. May even be 1,800 psf by now.

Yes Marine Parade is popular, no doubts about it. A lot have to do with Parkway Parade, Tao Nan and possibly the future Katong Mall. But Silversea at 1700-1800 psf, it is really quite ridiculous.

DC33_2008
03-03-11, 11:29
That is the FEO's style: Always set new benchmark.
Yes Marine Parade is popular, no doubts about it. A lot have to do with Parkway Parade, Tao Nan and possibly the future Katong Mall. But Silversea at 1700-1800 psf, it is really quite ridiculous.

03-03-11, 11:43

Ridiculous? Wait till FEO launch The Edge ( supposed to be in March ) at S$2000psf then you know...

blackpepperj
03-03-11, 11:57
Ridiculous? Wait till FEO launch The Edge ( supposed to be in March ) at S$2000psf then you know...

Personally, I will go for CCR at that price.

francophile
03-03-11, 11:58
Confirmed a station in katong park ??

Well, saw soil testing as mentioned, drilling to a lower depth.

Do you think that the underpasses to the beach could serve as station exits?

urban
03-03-11, 12:02
That is the FEO's style: Always set new benchmark.

Coralis is under Tiong Aik, not FEO.

DC33_2008
03-03-11, 12:07
The project in the post was silversea. So it is FEO.
Coralis is under Tiong Aik, not FEO.

reuters
03-03-11, 22:00
The project in the post was silversea. So it is FEO.

FEO has been furiously buying up Marine Parade - Silversea, Shore Residences and Paramount Hotel, and now developing The Cape. Cinema at Katong Mall announced today and Joo Chiat will have a heritage trail. That area looks really thriving.

water
03-03-11, 22:27
FEO has been furiously buying up Marine Parade - Silversea, Shore Residences and Paramount Hotel, and now developing The Cape. Cinema at Katong Mall announced today and Joo Chiat will have a heritage trail. That area looks really thriving.
Does FEO know something that we don't? MRT station going to be build nearby in this area ?

kane
03-03-11, 22:55
Personally, I will go for CCR at that price.

and not to mention you'll have plenty of choices at that price.

ecimbew
04-03-11, 23:48
There are gems left in D15. Like Chelsea Lodge, freehold, 76 units, unique design ... undervalued...

http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd458/ecimbew/Gossip/chelsealodgemap.jpg
http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd458/ecimbew/Gossip/chelsealodge.jpg

devilplate
05-03-11, 00:17
1227sqft at 7xxpsf vy good buy indeed assuming its a proper 3bedder ....

but not 9xxpsf for smaller units....rather pay 1kpsf over at haig court

passby chelsea quite often....facade looks interesting but fronting a very busy main road.....:tsk-tsk: .....

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/1134362/for-sale-chelsea-lodge

no facilities leh...tenanted at 2850 and asking 995k....not attractive :tsk-tsk:

gtr
07-03-11, 10:31
any updates on the soil testings....?

Shawn
16-03-11, 02:26

Probably u are pretty out of date. Silversea has already been transacting around 2000psf...so is Aalto, View At Meyer, The Cape and many other new developments surrounding Amber and Meyer areas. This kind of price is no longer viewed as ridiculous as it is becoming a norm in prime district 15.

fooee
20-03-11, 22:46
Probably u are pretty out of date. Silversea has already been transacting around 2000psf...so is Aalto, View At Meyer, The Cape and many other new developments surrounding Amber and Meyer areas. This kind of price is no longer viewed as ridiculous as it is becoming a norm in prime district 15.

My home town is gone with these re-developments. This is getting ridiculous.

fooee
20-03-11, 22:47

I hope they buy up the eye sore Katong Shopping Center...:D

clemdale
02-04-11, 21:30
I hope they buy up the eye sore Katong Shopping Center...:D

I agree with that.

Btw, any news on the ERL stations? Soil testing anywhere?

marktkt22
16-04-11, 23:08
wait for election....some one should ask MM goh...can speed up ERL ...2020 very long:) :)

latour
16-04-11, 23:51
wait for election....some one should ask MM goh...can speed up ERL ...2020 very long:) :)

Nice... :cool:

tiverton18
11-05-11, 09:37
Elaborate soil test being carried out at the car park spot directly facing Block 51 at Marine Crescent few days before the GE. I happened to park my car beside the soil test site to do some personal errands in Marine Crescent.

Other brothers in their previous postings also mentioned spotting soil test being carried out at Block 51 and 57 Marine Crescent.

Appears highly probable that the Telok Kurau Station of the ERL will be situated around the Marine Crescent vicinity to serve the nearby schools, Marine Crescent HDB flats and private housing estates in St Patrick/Telok Kurau.

Waiting for announcement by LTA to confirm the exact MRT locations of the ERL .

11-05-11, 16:17
Taking cue fm LHL post election speech, Cross yr fingers the garment will move forward the thomson and eastern region lines to show that they "listen"!

vboy
13-05-11, 12:52
on the junction of telok kurau road and marine parade road,
there is a large plot of empty land (can see on google maps)

could that possibly be the entrance for TK station?

Its just opp Marine Crescent

proud owner
13-05-11, 13:17
on the junction of telok kurau road and marine parade road,
there is a large plot of empty land (can see on google maps)

could that possibly be the entrance for TK station?

Its just opp Marine Crescent

i think that is private land....

vboy
13-05-11, 17:01
i think that is private land....

private land acquisition by govt?

mightyleftfoot
13-05-11, 19:22

With DTL 3 slated for 2017, and ERL is only doing feasibility studies, 2020 is just about right, maybe 2019. :) :) :)

Shawn
14-05-11, 17:14
With DTL 3 slated for 2017, and ERL is only doing feasibility studies, 2020 is just about right, maybe 2019. :) :) :)

I got some information that there will an Amber MRT station near the Silversea and The Cape vicinity. Its build underground around the roundabout area. The next station will be located near the NTUC Fairprice Marine Parade close to Parkway Parade area.

kingkong1984
14-05-11, 18:22
All waiting for MRT announcement. Some already priced in.

DC33_2008
14-05-11, 21:22
Can it be possible for the two station to be so near? Is it economically viable?
I got some information that there will an Amber MRT station near the Silversea and The Cape vicinity. Its build underground around the roundabout area. The next station will be located near the NTUC Fairprice Marine Parade close to Parkway Parade area.

clemdale
16-05-11, 00:41
Can it be possible for the two station to be so near? Is it economically viable?

Yeah man I agree with u. I think it's too near. It's actually within walking distance - <10min walk from the roundabout to NTUC. I doubt thats where the Amber MRT station will be.

If you ask me, if there's gonna be an Amber MRT station, it might be at the other end of Amber Road, where Tanjong Katong Road South is, near Jalan Seaview area. Agree with me guys?

proud owner
16-05-11, 00:45
Yeah man I agree with u. I think it's too near. It's actually within walking distance - <10min walk from the roundabout to NTUC. I doubt thats where the Amber MRT station will be.

If you ask me, if there's gonna be an Amber MRT station, it might be at the other end of Amber Road, where Tanjong Katong Road South is, near Jalan Seaview area. Agree with me guys?

yes more likely 1 station on Myer side ... katong park area..

1 station at marine parade .... if theres any near silversea .. it could be just an exit/entrance

clemdale
16-05-11, 00:48
yes more likely 1 station on Myer side ... katong park area..

1 station at marine parade .... if theres any near silversea .. it could be just an exit/entrance

Umm.. what I meant was, in between the Meyer station (at katong park) and the Marine Parade station (at Parkway), there might be an Amber station somewhere. Where, I'm not sure...

proud owner
16-05-11, 00:57
Umm.. what I meant was, in between the Meyer station (at katong park) and the Marine Parade station (at Parkway), there might be an Amber station somewhere. Where, I'm not sure...

hhhmm cant be lah

too close ...

i think if theres going to be one at Marine parade .... if any at Silversea area will be just an exit / entrance

unless there are 2 lines ?

marktkt22
16-05-11, 07:34
Why is feo grabbing land there eg the shore, silver sea, cape, paramount ?
There even the sound projt at traditional mm area.
Ntuc for marine parade mrt is commonly agreed, but what is at the roundabout , juz an entrances to marine parade mrt ?
As for me, hope for a mrt entrance at Katong mall, for the marine parade mrt, wherever it is.

devilplate
16-05-11, 08:42
Why is feo grabbing land there eg the shore, silver sea, cape, paramount ?
There even the sound projt at traditional mm area.
Ntuc for marine parade mrt is commonly agreed, but what is at the roundabout , juz an entrances to marine parade mrt ?
As for me, hope for a mrt entrance at Katong mall, for the marine parade mrt, wherever it is.
At tat sort of pricing feo r selling, got mrt or not oredi not critical liao....but it will help to pull up other laggards lor...

Katong mall area got space to place an exit?

tkc2263
16-05-11, 09:05
Can it be possible for the two stations to be so near? Is it economically viable?

Economically viable or not, its hard to say, but I can point to you that the nearest 2 stations on record are less than 500 metres apart namely Mountbatten and Dakota Stations on the Circle Line.

However, these 2 stations are situated on less densely populated areas than say on Amber and Marine Parade Stations, if one is to believe the rumours.

Just my 2 :2cents: .

devilplate
16-05-11, 09:13
Chances looks so so slim....

Better dun bet on it

latour
16-05-11, 14:16
With things are now, anything is possible.

sh
16-05-11, 22:59
hhhmm cant be lah

too close ...

i think if theres going to be one at Marine parade .... if any at Silversea area will be just an exit / entrance

unless there are 2 lines ?

Politcally, the station should be at Marine Parade Central, ie parkway area. And under marine parade road. Can't justify the station at Katong Mall and along east coast road when the higher population density is at Marine Parade.... How is Goh Chok Tong/Tin Pei Ling going to answer to their electorate?:banghead:

clemdale
16-05-11, 23:28
Economically viable or not, its hard to say, but I can point to you that the nearest 2 stations on record are less than 500 metres apart namely Mountbatten and Dakota Stations on the Circle Line.

However, these 2 stations are situated on less densely populated areas than say on Amber and Marine Parade Stations, if one is to believe the rumours.

Just my 2 :2cents: .

Thanks for letting us know.

If that is the case - there is an Amber station and a Marine Parade station at the said locations - then what are the stations before and after these 2 stations?

terence
17-05-11, 08:36
U meant the Tanjong Katong MRT and the Telok Kurau MRT?

clemdale
17-05-11, 11:25
U meant the Tanjong Katong MRT and the Telok Kurau MRT?

Are you sure there's going to be a Tanjong Katong station and a Telok Kurau station? Where are they going to be, you think?

DC33_2008
17-05-11, 11:32
It may be annouced alongside win concept plan 2011 in dec. Can ask gct at mps.

devilplate
17-05-11, 11:37
Are you sure there's going to be a Tanjong Katong station and a Telok Kurau station? Where are they going to be, you think?
Shd hf telok kurau at marine crescent there lor.....tanjong katong supposedly under ccl line after paya lebar one.....but no more chance

17-05-11, 20:48
The stations' location are already known by many. No more guessing.......

clemdale
17-05-11, 21:43
The stations' location are already known by many. No more guessing.......

Are you sure?... so who here can tell us what/where the real stations are going to be....

Duku
18-05-11, 10:15

Katong mall area got space to place an exit?

Right beside it is an open air carpark.

Actually it does not matter where the stations are located. It can be located below Katong mall or Parkway, etc...
What is more important is the entrance / exit.
So I think logically there could be more than one entrance /exit .
Possible entrance / exit
1) Marine Parade old cinema
2) Next to Katong mall
3) Junction of Still road and Marine parade road ( opposite the libary)
4) Junction of Still road and East Coast road ( opposite Esso Petrol station)

devilplate
18-05-11, 10:30

Actually it does not matter where the stations are located. It can be located below Katong mall or Parkway, etc...
Possible entrance / exit
2) Next to Katong mall

definitely more den 1 exit....i suspect 3 exits for marine parade stn:D

marktkt22
18-05-11, 14:01
That great new to me, as long as there something at Katong mall.
Cos wife dun drive, and kids can use the mrt to travel.

Possible entrance / exit
2) Next to Katong mall

devilplate
18-05-11, 14:17
That great new to me, as long as there something at Katong mall.
Cos wife dun drive, and kids can use the mrt to travel.
But hor vy long wait....prolly 8yrs? Mabe u oredi move out by den?

jwong71
18-05-11, 14:32
But hor vy long wait....prolly 8yrs? Mabe u oredi move out by den?

8yrs.. alrdy few cycles ba.. probably he bgt new places and shift out lol.. before he see the mrt..:D

marktkt22
18-05-11, 15:02
Unless the school move, i be there, long enough to c the erl completed, and who know,,
Long enough to see blue umbrella and hammer.....ha ha ha.
Juz joking,i update this thread in the Nxt few yr, to c how many prediction r correct.

reuters
18-05-11, 21:42
Going by the locations of Yishun MRT, Toa Payoh MRT, AMK Mrt, Bishan MRT, Tampines MRT and Bedok MRT stations, the area near Parkway and Marine Parade Central is most ideal and sensible for a Marine Parade Station if the government is sincere about having one there for the benefit of people. One suitable location is the Marine Parade Road Park which is completely useless as a park now (and no need for one, since that area is next to the beach anyway). That area is too small for property development, but can become an exit/entrance to the Marine Parade Station, and accommodate a proper taxi stand.

That is of course if they go by logic and sense.

Eldenfirefly
19-05-11, 12:39
Better not factor in MRT for people considering Marine Parade area for buying house yet. Think that line won't be up so soon. Maybe need ten more years then it will be up. By then, the property cycle also dun know move until what stage already. Unless you have super long term view of course. :)

proud owner
19-05-11, 13:49
Better not factor in MRT for people considering Marine Parade area for buying house yet. Think that line won't be up so soon. Maybe need ten more years then it will be up. By then, the property cycle also dun know move until what stage already. Unless you have super long term view of course. :)

market already did ..

see what they have paid for 103yr lease The Shore

Shawn
20-05-11, 02:31

Perhaps you should try walking under the hot sun from Chinese Swimming Club to NTUC Marine Parade and see whether its as near as u imagine it to be.

Its roughly about 600 metres away and there are so many mrt stations currently in Singapore built 500 to 600 metres away especially in densely population location like Amber and Marine Parade, it makes lot of sense.

In anycase the info I had is reliable info. Up to u guys to believe or not.

masterkey
20-05-11, 08:50
Perhaps you should try walking under the hot sun from Chinese Swimming Club to NTUC Marine Parade and see whether its as near as u imagine it to be.

Its roughly about 600 metres away and there are so many mrt stations currently in Singapore built 500 to 600 metres away especially in densely population location like Amber and Marine Parade, it makes lot of sense.

From Chinese SC to NTUC, wouldn't that entails running the line under some heavy development e.g. Silversea, Cote d'azur, Parkway Parade? Why would the LTA not align it to the Marine Parade Rd?

DC33_2008
20-05-11, 09:13
It is quite possible for the tunnel to be below marine parade road to reduce the risk of soil movement and affect the foundations of buildings as this is a reclaimed land.
From Chinese SC to NTUC, wouldn't that entails running the line under some heavy development e.g. Silversea, Cote d'azur, Parkway Parade? Why would the LTA not align it to the Marine Parade Rd?

masterkey
20-05-11, 09:46
It is quite possible for the tunnel to be below marine parade road to reduce the risk of soil movement and affect the foundations of buildings as this is a reclaimed land.
Yes they will be more careful now with the experience from the Nicole Highway accident. Isn't Marine Parade a "younger" reclaimed land than than Nicole Highway? They will want to do more extensive soil testing, and adopt higher engineering margin. There are a number of high rise buildings on both sides of the Marine Parade road.

20-05-11, 23:25

My reliable source said your reliable info is not reliable:beats-me-man::beats-me-man:

carol_lee
22-05-11, 12:30
My reliable source said your reliable info is not reliable:beats-me-man::beats-me-man:

what is your reliable source saying otherwise? :mrT: :luke-and-darth:

clemdale
22-05-11, 14:41

Haha okay, but I'm still not convinced. To me, it's within walking distance. You can't possibly take a bus to parkway from CSC (it's like 1 bus stop?!) I guess it depends on how reliable your source of information is.

The other question I have is: What is the station before the Amber station, and where is it going to be? I hope your reliable source can provide me with some inside info.. haha

Thanks anyway!

clemdale
22-05-11, 14:43

Hey man let's hear what your reliable source has to say on this issue!!

22-05-11, 15:20
Hey man let's hear what your reliable source has to say on this issue!!

I don't know what to say ( stamping feet :character0029: ).............

eng81157
22-05-11, 15:23
I don't know what to say ( stamping feet :character0029: ).............

don't know what to say?! you will live and REPENT!!!!:scared-3:

valkri
22-05-11, 21:54
Ha ha you guys. Haven't you heard? The elections are over!

Laguna
22-05-11, 22:20
the entire Marine Parade central is long due for a major overhaul
the market, hawker centre, multi story carpark, and shop houses, can be rebuilt into a mega mall.

The potential for this area is huge.....it will be like Clementi mall....where SPH paid a huge sum......

hyenergix
22-05-11, 22:23
Better not revamp, please. I like the hawker center food and the variety of small shops offering value for $ items. If we have mega mall at the same area, then the cost of everything will go up more than 10%. I rarely want to go to Clementi central nowadays because everything is so expensive.

Laguna
22-05-11, 22:30
Better not revamp, please. I like the hawker center food and the variety of small shops offering value for $ items. If we have mega mall at the same area, then the cost of everything will go up more than 10%. I rarely want to go to Clementi central nowadays because everything is so expensive.

Where can u find cheap things nowadays?
perhaps wait till the ministers cut their pay first

hyenergix
22-05-11, 22:33
Usually at un-upgraded hidden residential estates with older shops and hawker centers.

Shawn
23-05-11, 02:21
Dont forget there is this ECP expressway beside Chinese Swimming Club, and there is this huge government reserve land which is not slated for residential just beside it, probably the only available free land in Amber as of now. Whereas at the back of NTUC Hypermarket Marine Parade is a small plot of land near the expressway. Its always possible to construct mrt tunnel underground align with the ECP expressway at some point which is most likely thing that they will do....my hint to u. The government will announce shortly end of this year the eastern regional lines.

masterkey
23-05-11, 10:08
Dont forget there is this ECP expressway beside Chinese Swimming Club, and there is this huge government reserve land which is not slated for residential just beside it, probably the only available free land in Amber as of now. Whereas at the back of NTUC Hypermarket Marine Parade is a small plot of land near the expressway. Its always possible to construct mrt tunnel underground align with the ECP expressway at some point which is most likely thing that they will do....my hint to u. The government will announce shortly end of this year the eastern regional lines.
Hemmed in a corner near Chinese Swimming Club, and squeezed between NTUC and ECP? Serious doubt it if LTA aims for open access to maximum population.

sealover
23-05-11, 15:43
Let me share the soil investigation done so far for future mrt lines recorded by my group of friends. Only MP section is shown for those who are chasing the wild goose...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/63198972@N03/?saved=1
We are not prepared to share the rest. $$$$ sorry.

23-05-11, 23:50
Let me share the soil investigation done so far for future mrt lines recorded by my group of friends. Only MP section is shown for those who are chasing the wild goose...

Wow, good job.Yr picture tells a thousand words.....

clemdale
23-05-11, 23:57

Hmm I think that area beside CSC is reserved for residential purposes, perhaps another condo? Not entirely convinced it will be an MRT station. I agree that area is a little obscure and tucked away in a corner :S

Im still wondering about the stations before the Marine Parade station (at Parkway). If there's going to be an Amber station at the roundabout, then where are the ones before that? I can't think of suitable locations apart from Katong Park, but that's AGES away. Someone enlighten me please. Thanks.

hyenergix
24-05-11, 07:32

Soil investigations were very intense near Parkway Parade mall. I predict this is where the MRT station will be.

tkc2263
24-05-11, 13:53
On my way home yesterday, soil testings were evidenced just outside the Neighbourhood Police Station along Marine Parade Road in Marine Crescent HDB heartland.

24-05-11, 14:13
On my way home yesterday, soil testings were evidenced just outside the Neighbourhood Police Station along Marine Parade Road in Marine Crescent HDB heartland.

people named it Telok Kurau station in other forum

tkc2263
24-05-11, 16:34

Not too sure what this station will be named, but I am curious to know where the next station will be located?

If you are familiar with this area, there is a canal that cuts perpendicular across Marine Parade Road. In fact, the canal stretches from Upper Changi Road and runs all the way to East Coast Park before it drains out into the sea.

I understand that the ERL runs beyond into Bedok (Changi perhaps), so it must involve deep borings and excavations.

So will the next station continue along Neptune Court, Mandarin Gardens, Laguna Park and into Bayshore Park or will it run into Siglap area as some forumers have suggested?

Just my 2:2cents: worth.

mightyleftfoot
24-05-11, 17:41
Where there are high rises, there will be deep piles.
Where there are roads, there will be drains.
Where there are drains, there will be sewers.
Where there are people, there will be cables.
Where the MRT is going to be???
Your guess is as good as mine...:D :D :D

clemdale
24-05-11, 21:24

Yeh from the look of things a Telok Kurau station at the police station is a possibility. So what do you guys think:

- Where?, to
- Amber (at round about), to
- Marine Parade (at Parkway), to
- Telok Kurau (at the police station), to
- Where?

Can we build on this list?

proud owner
25-05-11, 05:14
Yeh from the look of things a Telok Kurau station at the police station is a possibility. So what do you guys think:

- Where?, to
- Amber (at round about), to
- Marine Parade (at Parkway), to
- Telok Kurau (at the police station), to
- Where?

Can we build on this list?

Amber to M parade is just too close. If true, it's a waste of money building 2 stn so close to each other.

tkc2263
25-05-11, 09:50
Amber to M parade is just too close. If true, it's a waste of money building 2 stn so close to each other.

What about Mountabtten and Dakota Crescent Stations on the Circle Line?

How do you justify and make sense?

The density and number of people that reside around these 2 stations are definitely much lesser than say at Amber and Marine Parade Stations.

Lovelle
25-05-11, 10:44
What about Mountabtten and Dakota Crescent Stations on the Circle Line?

How do you justify and make sense?

The density and number of people that reside around these 2 stations are definitely much lesser than say at Amber and Marine Parade Stations.

that's why they lose money there...

but can't owayz think of making $$ only otherwise next GE they lose %%

clemdale
30-05-11, 06:47

Ok never mind. Put that issue aside. Where are the other stations before Amber?

howgozit
30-05-11, 17:30

Thanks for sharing this much. The outline of the ERL track can more or less be made out. It leaves only the station and entry points left to be figured out.

However, moving eastwards the line can continue its straight path along Marine Parade towards Bayshore or veer inland towards East Coast Road and Upper East Coast Road. Since there is suppose to be a Siglap and Bedok South Station on the master plan

Would appreciate any info regarding the line eastwards? ...ie. Siglap, Bayshore, Bedok South....etc . IMHO, there are more gems east of Marine Parade than west of it, since Marine Parade and anything west of it all the way to town is already very pricey limiting the upside potential.

Cheers!

Shawn
30-05-11, 22:24

Its not really that close as u think.

Its about 10 minutes walk from the empty parcel of land near Chinese Swimming Club (Amber Station) to NTUC Fairprice Marine Parade area (Marine Parade Station).

Amber Road is a massive condo populated area - you have Silversea, The Seaview, Amber Residences, One Amber, The Esta, The Shore, 16@Amber, 11 Amber, Amber Garden, Amber Point, The Seaview Point, Suites At Amber etc etc etc bringing in roughly more than 10,000 units or approximately 40,000 people living in that area alone. I dont think its a waste of money ! In addition the underpass leading to the beach is located near to that empty plot of land thereby this mrt station will also facilitate Singaporeans who stay in outskirts but wanna go to the beach during the weekends getaway. It makes a lot of sense to have an mrt there cause we havent had any mrt near to the beach as of now.

The same case goes for Marine Parade Station as its near HDB estates nearby as well as Parkway Parade mall and a few condos in the vicinity.

clemdale
31-05-11, 12:46
Its not really that close as u think.

Its about 10 minutes walk from the empty parcel of land near Chinese Swimming Club (Amber Station) to NTUC Fairprice Marine Parade area (Marine Parade Station).

Amber Road is a massive condo populated area - you have Silversea, The Seaview, Amber Residences, One Amber, The Esta, The Shore, 16@Amber, 11 Amber, Amber Garden, Amber Point, The Seaview Point, Suites At Amber etc etc etc bringing in roughly more than 10,000 units or approximately 40,000 people living in that area alone. I dont think its a waste of money ! In addition the underpass leading to the beach is located near to that empty plot of land thereby this mrt station will also facilitate Singaporeans who stay in outskirts but wanna go to the beach during the weekends getaway. It makes a lot of sense to have an mrt there cause we havent had any mrt near to the beach as of now.

The same case goes for Marine Parade Station as its near HDB estates nearby as well as Parkway Parade mall and a few condos in the vicinity.

Then the station before that is Meyer station at Katong Park (Fort Road)? That's superduper faraway, not even close to walking distance... how can that be?

sh
31-05-11, 17:24
my:2cents:

1 station at katong park
1 station at junction of amber and tanjong katong road
1 station at marine parade central

most logical and equally far from each other

devilplate
31-05-11, 17:35

1 station at katong park

Shd discuss whr isnthe telok kurau, siglap n bayshore stn....the ppty ard tat area may boom due to mrt since prices still low....

Meyer n marine parade without mrt oredi hit 1500-2kpsf....perhaps, one amber,esta may enjoy a capital gain if near enuff to amber stn

howgozit
31-05-11, 19:24
Shd discuss whr isnthe telok kurau, siglap n bayshore stn....the ppty ard tat area may boom due to mrt since prices still low....

Meyer n marine parade without mrt oredi hit 1500-2kpsf....perhaps, one amber,esta may enjoy a capital gain if near enuff to amber stn

That's exactly what I think as well. As I have said before, for Marine Parade and West of it, the upside potential is limited with prices already so high. However East of Marine Parade the prices are still relatively low and therefore has more upside potential.

For return of investment, it may be more worthwhile looking into Telok Kurau, Siglap, Bedok South, Bayshore......etc. Many residents in Costa Del Sol/Bayshore are already holding out on selling in anticipation of an MRT announcement. However some other MRT speculators are betting on the ERL line veering inland to Upper East Coast Road instead.

This means the MRT line may miss the cluster of the Bayshore area. However how illogical it may sound in terms of population density consideration.

I think this information is what Sealover is withholding from us. Please share leh.....

clemdale
31-05-11, 19:57

1 station at katong park

Hey man I totally agree with u on this, it makes the most sense to have it that way.

West of marine parade, although prices are already high, could probably still increase? It's still interesting to know anyhow!

sh
31-05-11, 20:00
That's exactly what I think as well. As I have said before, for Marine Parade and West of it, the upside potential is limited with prices already so high. However East of Marine Parade the prices are still relatively low and therefore has more upside potential.

For return of investment, it may be more worthwhile looking into Telok Kurau, Siglap, Bedok South, Bayshore......etc. Many residents in Costa Del Sol/Bayshore are already holding out on selling in anticipation of an MRT announcement. However some other MRT speculators are betting on the ERL line veering inland to Upper East Coast Road instead.

This means the MRT line may miss the cluster of the Bayshore area. However how illogical it may sound in terms of population density consideration.

I think this information is what Sealover is withholding from us. Please share leh.....

If the line is running below Marine Parade road, anything south of that is 99LH leh...:simmering:

Anything north of it is low density housing... unless go for those....:confused:

latour
31-05-11, 20:47

Wat about any info beyond MP into the east along TK, Siglap, Bayshore, Bedok South, upper east coast and beyond?

howgozit
31-05-11, 22:16
If the line is running below Marine Parade road, anything south of that is 99LH leh...:simmering:

Anything north of it is low density housing... unless go for those....:confused:

There are many FH/999 properties East of MP. To me these properties are much more interesting. for e.g.... Ocean Park has great enbloc potential. Fernwood has been previously talked about unfavourably in this forum but an MRT at its doorstep could change its horoscope... this among many other hidden gems.

Further East we have Summit, Baycourt, Parbury....etc. The horoscope of all these places hinges on where the ERL MRT is going to be and where the exits are situated.

flxcat
31-05-11, 22:26

My opinion is tg rhu is still relatively undervalue with price $1k to $1.2k psf depending on facing and which project. My guess is station is likely be near to the walk bridge to indoor stadium. Water pl, PBay, TgRia will benefit most. Just my :2cents:

sealover
31-05-11, 23:09

Sorry Bro, my team spent last few years collecting datas and already secured positions around stations we are very sure. What I can say is that those who hope to have station next to Chinese S club an Siglap V will be disappointed.

devilplate
31-05-11, 23:52
There are many FH/999 properties East of MP. To me these properties are much more interesting. for e.g.... Ocean Park has great enbloc potential. Fernwood has been previously talked about unfavourably in this forum but an MRT at its doorstep could change its horoscope... this among many other hidden gems.

Further East we have Summit, Baycourt, Parbury....etc. The horoscope of all these places hinges on where the ERL MRT is going to be and where the exits are situated.
I aso believe fernwood twr got great potential....

Those summit etc may not b as near to erl....i still tink erl gona b along coastal line n later on the big green state land from costa del sol all the way to bedok camp will b developed....recoup bck the cost of building erl

tkc2263
01-06-11, 09:36
[quote=howgozit]There are many FH/999 properties East of MP. To me these properties are much more interesting. for e.g.... Ocean Park has great enbloc potential. Fernwood has been previously talked about unfavourably in this forum but an MRT at its doorstep could change its horoscope... this among many other hidden gems.

I have said this before; has anyone ever wondered why to the south of Marine Parade Road where the developments like Tierre Vue, Grand Duchess @ St Patrick's and the upcoming St Patrick's Residences are only 6 stories high, whereas Ocean Park and Fernwood Towers are the exceptions?

If one is serious enough to buy Ocean Park and Fernwood Towers for en bloc potential, my advice is better check out why.

Is there a possibility that their plot ratios can be reversed? As far as I know, there arent any high rise condos in that vicinity, even new ones that are being built and not launched yet.

My 2:2cents: worth....

mkl22
01-06-11, 10:23
[quote=howgozit]There are many FH/999 properties East of MP. To me these properties are much more interesting. for e.g.... Ocean Park has great enbloc potential. Fernwood has been previously talked about unfavourably in this forum but an MRT at its doorstep could change its horoscope... this among many other hidden gems.

I have said this before; has anyone ever wondered why to the south of Marine Parade Road where the developments like Tierre Vue, Grand Duchess @ St Patrick's and the upcoming St Patrick's Residences are only 6 stories high, whereas Ocean Park and Fernwood Towers are the exceptions?

If one is serious enough to buy Ocean Park and Fernwood Towers for en bloc potential, my advice is better check out why.

Is there a possibility that their plot ratios can be reversed? As far as I know, there arent any high rise condos in that vicinity, even new ones that are being built and not launched yet.

same with eastern lagoon 1 and 2 further up the road. but what is interesting is that both Ocean park and fernwood have plot ratios of 2.8 and 3.0 and are tall. but yet eastern lagoon 2 is only 1.4 but rather tall as well.

devilplate
01-06-11, 10:33

Fernwood shd b ok la....mandarin garden aso high rise....

U been to haig road? Haig court is high rise but across the lane is low rise like haig residence

devilplate
01-06-11, 10:35
[quote=tkc2263]

same with eastern lagoon 1 and 2 further up the road. but what is interesting is that both Ocean park and fernwood have plot ratios of 2.8 and 3.0 and are tall. but yet eastern lagoon 2 is only 1.4 but rather tall as well.
Do u hf the land size of fernwood twr?

mkl22
01-06-11, 10:45
[quote=mkl22]
Do u hf the land size of fernwood twr?
see this link
http://www.expatsingapore.com/forum/index.php?topic=5525.855

scroll down to a post by someone called thinker...

but not sure if info here is correct.

i post it here

Fernwwod yes, yes! I almost bought a unit there last year, so cheap then. 1600+sqf with seaview in living room and 2 other bedrooms going for only 800k. No sold at $1.47m. Almost double in 6 months.

AS for enbloc potential now, it may be an diamond yet to be mined. Below are my points,

1. Location - only a short walk to the buz of siglap yet away from the crowd and ECP.

2. Facing - can be built to have both seaview and landed view units. Both types are in high demand.

3. This is freehold and only 215 units - no such problem as privatisation, DC, lease top-up, in-house fighting, disagreement and etc faced in NC, LP and MD.

4. Land size is about 141ksqf, current build-up around 360ksqf, plot ratio is 3. Rumour that they asking to increase plot ratio to 3.8 but there is still uncertain. Assuming still at 3, estimated to be able to add another 20%. This does not look much compared to MD and LP. But still possible

5. If a new 99yr leasehold condo at NC site can be sold at 1000psf, a new freehold condo at fernwood site should command at least 1500psf. At this price, assume a developer pay 1000ppr,they would still make around S$150m profit. At 1000ppr, a 1200sqf unit there will net arould 1.4m.

6. this is a easy target, lower investment cost and risk than enblocing a multi-billion site with 2000 units to sell.

devilplate
01-06-11, 10:52
Tat guy calculation quite accurate....

Now fernwood asking abt 1.2xmil....if enbloc meaning 1.4mil....not so attractive oredi...plus u may nid to spend 100k on reno....unless can fetch higher enbloc px

mkl22
01-06-11, 10:58
this post was in july 2007. prices was about 700-800psf then.

tkc2263
01-06-11, 11:38
[quote=tkc2263]
Fernwood shd b ok la....mandarin garden aso high rise....

U been to haig road? Haig court is high rise but across the lane is low rise like haig residence

Devilplate, maybe I should have narrowed down the area as such.

Lets take Neptune Court, Mandarin Gardens, Laguna Park and Lagoon View as Tier 1 and south of Marine Parade Road up to East Coast Road with projects like Tiere Vue, Grand Duchess @ St Patrick's, Ocean Park and Fernwood Towers as Tier 2, only the latter 2 are high rise. Why??

Why didnt the developer of St Patrick's Residences (now under construction) ask for higher plot ratio? Another point to note there is a new construction site, (behind NC and MG) and just 3 stones' throw away alongside Fernwood Towers, I bet it wont be high rise as well.

Devilplate, I am not taking Haig Court into account because we are talking of en bloc potential and also Haig Court falls outside the area we are discussing.

Another side point to ponder; the privatisation costs (per unit basis) at Lagoon View (just privatised) is almost half that of Neptune Court. I must qualify that NC is still in talks with the relevant agencies regarding the privatisation of the estate. When questioned why the disparity, the standard answer is "NC has better potential", whatever that means...

In case you are interested, the privatisation costs were quoted at $40m, $141m (yes) and a couple of months back, $43m...moving targets??

I dont know what to say!!!

My 2:2cents: worth...

devilplate
01-06-11, 11:48
I tink we shdnt worry on plot ratio as stated in masterplan?

I dun remember any project got their plot ratio reduced....only heard of up n nvr down rite?

As for hudc, not keen....

Was looking at fernwood twr only:D ....if stn really nearby, den huat liao....got chance up plot ratio somemore

tkc2263
01-06-11, 11:54
I tink we shdnt worry on plot ratio as stated in masterplan?

I dun remember any project got their plot ratio reduced....only heard of up n nvr down rite?

My advice .. Never say Never, buy there is always a 1st..

Was looking at fernwood twr only:D ....if stn really nearby, den huat liao....got chance up plot ratio somemore

Ft..up plot ratio?? Unlikely...

Heard of Siglap Court? Hint hint..:spliff:

My 2 :2cents: worth..

devilplate
01-06-11, 11:59
Ft..up plot ratio?? Unlikely...

Heard of Siglap Court? Hint hint..:spliff:

My 2 :2cents: worth..
Siglap court yummy...but can find a seller selling at reasonale px anot

tkc2263
01-06-11, 12:02
Siglap court yummy...but can find a seller selling at reasonale px anot

My all time favourite..Finland Gardens...:cheers6:

devilplate
01-06-11, 12:05
My all time favourite..Finland Gardens...:cheers6:
Got one selling at 12xxpsf....enbloc price oredi...haha

Fernwood got one 10xxpsf high flr wif seaview....cannot enbloc at least can enjoy the partial seaview? Lol

howgozit
01-06-11, 17:24
Got one selling at 12xxpsf....enbloc price oredi...haha

Fernwood got one 10xxpsf high flr wif seaview....cannot enbloc at least can enjoy the partial seaview? Lol

Finland already went thru one unsuccessful attempt at enbloc a few years ago. The pricing now is already factoring enbloc. The area there is fantastic (ie junction of Siglap and East Coast Road) though chances of ERL running thru is unlikely as Sealover has hinted.

The only problem with buying Finland for own stay is that they are all walk-up apartments. Those staying 3rd floor up may find it tiring. One interesting layout in Finland has one of those big units that offers one room that can be entered from a seperate entrance and can be blocked off from the main unit. This can be useful for renting part of unit instead of the whole unit. Or renting two sub-units.

By the way, does anybody know what is to become of the 4 blocks of low-rise HDB at that junction? It is sitting on way too hot an area for the government to leave it as such. One of the rumour is that they are going to build the Siglap station there, but Sealover has discounted that already. So any other rumours?

Cheers!