PDA

View Full Version : Luxus Hills

Pages : [1] 2

u2torneil
11-04-10, 22:24
Hi! Any one here bought or visited the show room of Luxus Hills in the D28 area recently?

I'm wondering if it is worth the $1.8-1.9M price tag now for an intermediate terrace (of 999LH) in this area, notwithstanding the quality of furnishings which seem decent.

I understand that the supply pipeline for Luxus Hills intermediate terrace is 868 units going to more than 10 launch phases in the future. This seems a huge number!

Welcome your comments :cheers6:

focus
12-04-10, 11:12
The price was unreasonable a year back..
but now..it is fairly price with respect to new built-ups around the area.

Ronan Loh
12-04-10, 12:01
went showflat last evening!

My wife and sister were amazed by the space , finishes....

SOLD OUT ! wOW

amk
12-04-10, 12:59
It has always been reasonable, even 1 yr back. At that time an inter terrace was just 1.7m. Phase 2/3 they raised the price a bit, but still reasonable.

The issue of this project is never abt the price. For the size, built and finishing, this price is fair. (it's abt the same price if you were to buy one piece of land and build yourself)

The issue is: are you comfortable living in this area, with absolutely no facilities nearby, very little bus connections, very little greeneries, no schools, among 1000 identical houses, and knowing landed market are very small so price appreciation in this area is really a gamble now ?

u2torneil
12-04-10, 13:43
I do agree that about a year back, the $1.6-1.7m price for Luxus inter-terrace was about fair or at a slight premium. I did a quick check of some terrace house prices from the caveats lodged (probably not quite up-to-date till 1/2 months back only):

Park Villas (99 yr leasehold): $1.1 - $1.2M, about 1616 sq ft land
Parry Park (999 yr leasehold): $1.4 - $1.5M, about 1680 sq ft land
Saraca Gardens (Freehold): $1.4 - $1.5M, about 2145 sq ft land
Mimosa Terrace (Freehold): $1.5 - $1.6M, about 1615 sq ft land

There is a Sheng Siong within 500m walk and another NTUC in Hougang Point within 1km, few bus connections indeed I agree, there is Rosyth & Hougang Primary & Nanyang Poly nearby. Price appreciation is probably secondary for most since I suspect most local buyers buy landed properties for long-term or retirement stay (of course price only goes up in the long run horizon minus the intermediate perturbations).

It has always been reasonable, even 1 yr back. At that time an inter terrace was just 1.7m. Phase 2/3 they raised the price a bit, but still reasonable.

The issue of this project is never abt the price. For the size, built and finishing, this price is fair. (it's abt the same price if you were to buy one piece of land and build yourself)

The issue is: are you comfortable living in this area, with absolutely no facilities nearby, very little bus connections, very little greeneries, no schools, among 1000 identical houses, and knowing landed market are very small so price appreciation in this area is really a gamble now ?

august
12-04-10, 13:49

i saw the ad in ytd's papers and right away i thought this will be something u like... :D

Blue
15-04-10, 10:30
Other than the location, everything else about Luxus Hills is good. :p I'm not so much of a CTE fan. Travelling to town is a complete hassle.

azeoprop
12-04-11, 20:08
Hi! Any one here bought or visited the show room of Luxus Hills in the D28 area recently?

I'm wondering if it is worth the $1.8-1.9M price tag now for an intermediate terrace (of 999LH) in this area, notwithstanding the quality of furnishings which seem decent.

I understand that the supply pipeline for Luxus Hills intermediate terrace is 868 units going to more than 10 launch phases in the future. This seems a huge number!

Welcome your comments :cheers6:

I think phase 5 launching soon. Last recorded transaction inter terrace over 2mil... :scared-4:

Will prices keep going up? Very rare new large scale 999yr landed estate.

mantrix
12-04-11, 22:04
I think phase 5 launching soon. Last recorded transaction inter terrace over 2mil... :scared-4:

Will prices keep going up? Very rare new large scale 999yr landed estate.

i was offered 500++psf last time...gave it a miss because that whole piece of land seems to be baking in the sun!! :simmering:

Even with the landscaping I don't think it can be that cool to be livable unless you are an air-con fan... :2cents:

land118
12-04-11, 22:14
i was offered 500++psf last time...gave it a miss because that whole piece of land seems to be baking in the sun!! :simmering:

Even with the landscaping I don't think it can be that cool to be livable unless you are an air-con fan... :2cents:
Ya dun know why every time I drive past, always very sunny there, and they build on a bare piece of land...hope when their landscaping start to mature, those trees will give good shade and greenery to the estate...will take some time,,,, but now looking good value if had bought in earlier phase...

wind30
12-04-11, 22:53
I do agree that about a year back, the $1.6-1.7m price for Luxus inter-terrace was about fair or at a slight premium. I did a quick check of some terrace house prices from the caveats lodged (probably not quite up-to-date till 1/2 months back only):

There is a Sheng Siong within 500m walk and another NTUC in Hougang Point within 1km, few bus connections indeed I agree, there is Rosyth & Hougang Primary & Nanyang Poly nearby. Price appreciation is probably secondary for most since I suspect most local buyers buy landed properties for long-term or retirement stay (of course price only goes up in the long run horizon minus the intermediate perturbations).

I bought my place during the time luxus hills was launched. Luxus hills inter-terrace has small land area, I think only 1600 sqft.

Bought a small inter terrace in lentor cheaper by 300k, and spent the money on renovation to my liking.

I prefer to buy a old place and do it up. You can see the neighbourhood, etc. I don't know how the luxus hills neighborhood will be like. Will all the houses be packed like sardines? Will there be many parks? Lentor area has a LOT of playground/parks and the housing density is pretty low.

samsara
13-04-11, 08:15
Your prices are somewhat dated.

Quick update of highest prices achieved for stated land sizes from latest caveats in Mar 2011:

Park Villas (99 yr leasehold): $1.45M, about 1616 sq ft land
Parry Park (999 yr leasehold): $1.64M, about 1680 sq ft land
Saraca Gardens (Freehold): $1.77M, about 2145 sq ft land
Mimosa Terrace (Freehold): $1.91M, about 1615 sq ft land

hyenergix
15-04-11, 06:52
I bought my place during the time luxus hills was launched. Luxus hills inter-terrace has small land area, I think only 1600 sqft.

Bought a small inter terrace in lentor cheaper by 300k, and spent the money on renovation to my liking.

I prefer to buy a old place and do it up. You can see the neighbourhood, etc. I don't know how the luxus hills neighborhood will be like. Will all the houses be packed like sardines? Will there be many parks? Lentor area has a LOT of playground/parks and the housing density is pretty low.

Lentor is a very nice place. Future MRT will most likely pass near this estate.

mantrix
15-04-11, 07:29
Lentor is a very nice place. Future MRT will most likely pass near this estate.

And the NSE too.

Lentor is currently being served by YCK MRT already...

buttercarp
11-09-11, 20:10
Phase 5 going to be launched very soon.
Agent already invited us to the preview.

azeoprop
11-09-11, 20:14
What kind of pricing are we looking at? The cheapest smallest inter-terrace?

:p

buttercarp
11-09-11, 20:22
What kind of pricing are we looking at? The cheapest smallest inter-terrace?

:p
Not sure as my husband took the call and did not ask.
The last time the agent said would be around 2.3 to 2.4 mil for the smallest inter- terrace.

http://www.maxproperty.com.sg/135

jesico
11-09-11, 20:22
Hi buttercarp,

I'm interested to check out the new phase 5, can pass me the agent's contact pls? If not convenient, can pm me.. thanks in advance! :)

jesico
11-09-11, 20:24
Hi buttercarp,

just saw your post - same time as my previous post. got the contact. thanks! :)

buttercarp
11-09-11, 20:29
Hi buttercarp,

just saw your post - same time as my previous post. got the contact. thanks! :)

Actually that's not the agent who called me.
I just provided a link to the guide price.
I have pm u my agent's contact.
Happy house hunting.

buttercarp
11-09-11, 20:42
Just got the price from my agent.
Inter terrace 2.4 - 2.5 mil
Corner terrace 2.7 mil.

azeoprop
11-09-11, 20:44
:( Can only buy in my dreams...

buttercarp
11-09-11, 20:46
:( Can only buy in my dreams...

Yea... only in our dreams, we can go higher and higher.....

buttercarp
16-09-11, 14:56
Went to the preview of Phase 5 showflat.
Got lost cos no sign pointing to the venue, so keep circling the area 2 times before reaching. Last time in 2009 tyre got punctured after visiting showflat.

Phase 1 going to TOP next month.
Agent said there will be 25 phases all together to be launched in batches.
This phase i noted that all the toilets in the 2nd and 3rd storey are all in one stack.

The showflat belong to Phase 4 and the corner terrace with a small side pool and interterrace showflats come with id, which will cost $460k and $360k more, according to the agent.

Also noted that Bukit Sembawang also has a large land near the AMK ave 5 CTE. Agent said that will be another development.

ysyap
16-09-11, 15:43
Got lost cos no sign pointing to the venue, so keep circling the area 2 times before reaching. Last time in 2009 tyre got punctured after visiting showflat.

This phase i noted that all the toilets in the 2nd and 3rd storey are all in one stack.

The showflat belong to Phase 4 and the corner terrace with a small side pool and interterrace showflats come with id, which will cost $460k and $360k more, according to the agent.

Also noted that Bukit Sembawang also has a large land near the AMK ave 5 CTE. Agent said that will be another development.Unpleasant sign on both your visits. I don't even bother to visit the showflat coz at 2.5mil, I can kiss it and say see you in my dreams! :cheers1:Anyway, so is the showflat situated within that rows of terrace houses?

buttercarp
16-09-11, 15:55
Unpleasant sign on both your visits. I don't even bother to visit the showflat coz at 2.5mil, I can kiss it and say see you in my dreams! :cheers1:Anyway, so is the showflat situated within that rows of terrace houses?

No, the showflat is Phase 4 which has not been built yet.
So the showflat is 2 units (corner and inter terrace) by itself.

Drove in to Phase 1 while getting lost, the roads between the houses are pretty wide. Each unit can park a car outside the house and traffic can still pass through.

ysyap
16-09-11, 17:16
No, the showflat is Phase 4 which has not been built yet.
So the showflat is 2 units (corner and inter terrace) by itself.

Drove in to Phase 1 while getting lost, the roads between the houses are pretty wide. Each unit can park a car outside the house and traffic can still pass through.Provided there's no dreaded single white line along that wide road. My friend just kana parking summon coz he parked outside his own landed property which has a single white line. :doh:

buttercarp
16-09-11, 17:20
Provided there's no dreaded single white line along that wide road. My friend just kana parking summon coz he parked outside his own landed property which has a single white line. :doh:

OMG, the traffic police actually enforced that law?!
Your friend can appeal right?
Is his place is near popular eateries where the public come and park as well ?
Most probably someone made a complaint?

DC33_2008
16-09-11, 17:30
Go to the MP and ask for a waive of summon. Should approve.
Most probably someone made a complaint?

land118
16-09-11, 17:33
:D
Provided there's no dreaded single white line along that wide road. My friend just kana parking summon coz he parked outside his own landed property which has a single white line. :doh:Opposition ward or GRC izzit? Next time the Summon auntie/uncle come, tell your friend to spray water at her/him, they complaint, your friend can say watering the trees/plants..

ysyap
16-09-11, 17:36
:D Opposition ward or GRC izzit? Next time the Summon auntie/uncle come, tell your friend to spray water at her/him, they complaint, your friend can say watering the trees/plants..LOL! Its GRC under a former PM some more! LOL! :p

ysyap
16-09-11, 17:38
Most probably someone made a complaint?I'm sure he can appeal but the entire row of houses kana so no point appealing lah! He's actually ok with the fine (I think) as long as there's no demerit point given. Anyway, its definitely a case of some silly new neighbor who called traffic police and then realised all his/her neighbors kana. This person better take cover when he's walking in that neighborhood again or start thinking of moving out soon! :cheers1:

ysyap
16-09-11, 17:48
Go to the MP and ask for a waive of summon. Should approve.Don't think he'll go to MP lah... its really just a small matter! He'll just pay up and move on! Then again if it happens a 2nd time, some actions might be taken though! :o

DC33_2008
16-09-11, 17:50
By law, your friend cannot park outside the house as there is a white line on the road. Anything outside the gate belongs to to LTA. :)
Don't think he'll go to MP lah... its really just a small matter! He'll just pay up and move on! Then again if it happens a 2nd time, some actions might be taken though! :o

buttercarp
16-09-11, 18:57
LOL! Its GRC under a former PM some more! LOL! :p

Must be katong area......

u2torneil
16-09-11, 18:59
What were the inter and corner terrace prices quoted by Bt Sembawang in the preview?

Wah... with the ID costs of $460k and $360k extra, > $3M for the show flats?

Also noted that Bukit Sembawang also has a large land near the AMK ave 5 CTE. Agent said that will be another development.

buttercarp
16-09-11, 19:10
What were the inter and corner terrace prices quoted by Bt Sembawang in the preview?

Wah... with the ID costs of $460k and $360k extra, > $3M for the show flats?
Inter terrace 2.5 m, corner 2.7 m.

u2torneil
16-09-11, 21:41
Thanks! This is pricey, almost half a million more than phase 4? But is still fair price relative to other new options in the locality such as Poets Villa's $2.2-2.3m (99lh, cluster).

Any idea if the preview is still on over the weekend?

Inter terrace 2.5 m, corner 2.7 m.

buttercarp
16-09-11, 22:11
Thanks! This is pricey, almost half a million more than phase 4? But is still fair price relative to other new options in the locality such as Poets Villa's $2.2-2.3m (99lh, cluster).

Any idea if the preview is still on over the weekend?

Not sure about the weekend but you need to make appointment with the agent for the preview as it is not open to the public yet.
That's why I got lost as there was no signboard indicating the location of the showflat. The guard will only let you in if your car plate no. is on his list.

Wow, Poets Villa so expensive.... I don't watch the price as personally I am not for cluster housing, let alone 99LH.

ysyap
18-09-11, 07:30
Must be katong area......Its in D19 under Marine Parade GRC.... LOL!

ysyap
18-09-11, 07:31
By law, your friend cannot park outside the house as there is a white line on the road. Anything outside the gate belongs to to LTA. :)Actions to be taken should a second occurrences happen does not include writing to MP. Out of the question. Rather, must find out who this new unfriendly neighbor is and burn down that house, no I meant talk nicely to him and convey the community's concerns appropriately. :D

buttercarp
22-09-11, 17:49
Latest transaction of inter terrace is at 2.38mil according to the ura website.
Looks like its never gonna come down:( .

hyenergix
22-09-11, 18:06
Many pp say big crash is coming. U may b able to buy one at $1mil soon!

buttercarp
22-09-11, 18:21
Many pp say big crash is coming. U may b able to buy one at $1mil soon!

Usually if many pp expect it to happen, it won't happen.
Like if the floor is slippery, we tend to walk cautiously and won't fall.

devilplate
22-09-11, 18:56
Like if the floor is slippery, we tend to walk cautiously and won't fall.
I like ur analogy:D

ysyap
23-09-11, 09:51
Like if the floor is slippery, we tend to walk cautiously and won't fall.But there will always be that some kids, despite being warned of slippery ground will still fall and cry. Adults less likely but not impossible! :spliff:Must always be optimistic. :cheers1:

rattydrama
27-09-11, 15:30
But there will always be that some kids, despite being warned of slippery ground will still fall and cry. Adults less likely but not impossible! :spliff:Must always be optimistic. :cheers1:

so it is not suitable for kids and retirees. anyway it may not drop to 1m but maybe 1.5m....100% increase over the last 2 years and now -50% from the current price may still be possible.

ysyap
27-09-11, 19:14
so it is not suitable for kids and retirees. anyway it may not drop to 1m but maybe 1.5m....100% increase over the last 2 years and now -50% from the current price may still be possible.If ever 1.5m, no questions asked, just rush to grab but highly unlikely. :scared-5:

u2torneil
28-09-11, 00:18
Last transaction in August was $2.45M for inter-terrace. This is a difference of almost $1M from $1.5M, will it happen?

What is the developer's sale price in phase 5?

If ever 1.5m, no questions asked, just rush to grab but highly unlikely. :scared-5:

buttercarp
28-09-11, 13:44
Last transaction in August was $2.45M for inter-terrace. This is a difference of almost $1M from $1.5M, will it happen?

What is the developer's sale price in phase 5?

OMG!
You are right.... 2.45 mil, last transacted price.
Phase 5 - 2.5 mil inter terrace, 2.7 mil corner terrace, heard from agent.

Definitely will not fall to 1.5 mil under normal circumstances.

ysyap
28-09-11, 21:19
1.5mil is even lower than the starting price of phase 1 (if I don't remember wrongly) so it will never happen. Anything below 2mil is already a steal! :cheers1:

land118
29-09-11, 00:45
1.5mil is even lower than the starting price of phase 1 (if I don't remember wrongly) so it will never happen. Anything below 2mil is already a steal! :cheers1:
Agree, construction for one house there easily $700-800k, $1.5m really durian dropped liao. Believe Phase 1 price was about $1.7-1.8m...in late '09. If can get such pricing, shld be a steal...

buttercarp
29-09-11, 16:56
Agree, construction for one house there easily $700-800k, $1.5m really durian dropped liao. Believe Phase 1 price was about $1.7-1.8m...in late '09. If can get such pricing, shld be a steal...

Soft launch of Phase 1 in 2009 was 1.6 mil.
Unless some super major crisis happens, it is unlikely to fall to that price.

ysyap
29-09-11, 18:21
Soft launch of Phase 1 in 2009 was 1.6 mil.
Unless some super major crisis happens, it is unlikely to fall to that price.So is phase 5 the final phase? How many units in this phase? When TOP for phase 5? :confused:

buttercarp
29-09-11, 18:48
So is phase 5 the final phase? How many units in this phase? When TOP for phase 5? :confused:
Nope, the agent said got up to Phase 25, to be launched over the next 10 years.
According to brochure given, there are 46 inter terraces and 8 corner terraces in Phase 5. TOP July 2016, but agent said likely end of 2014 can.

rattydrama
29-09-11, 19:03
Nope, the agent said got up to Phase 25, to be launched over the next 10 years.
According to brochure given, there are 46 inter terraces and 8 corner terraces in Phase 5. TOP July 2016, but agent said likely end of 2014 can.

sure win liao, sell slowly and move the price... this one is under Bukit Semabwang... another one is pavilion park @ Bt Batok..allgreen properties... any comments?

buttercarp
29-09-11, 20:01
sure win liao, sell slowly and move the price... this one is under Bukit Semabwang... another one is pavilion park @ Bt Batok..allgreen properties... any comments?

Can't imagine the price for Phase 25.
Agent said if there is a crisis, then they hold back, no hurry to sell.
I guess if you really want to buy low, then wait for subsale during crisis.
Pavilion Park..... my future home!
What to do if you want new 999y or FH house?

land118
29-09-11, 20:10
Can't imagine the price for Phase 25.
Agent said if there is a crisis, then they hold back, no hurry to sell.
I guess if you really want to buy low, then wait for subsale during crisis.
Pavilion Park..... my future home!
What to do if you want new 999y or FH house?
Bukit Sembawang, very slow and steady type of developer, sure hold out during crisis. Can't recall any project in the past by them that actually rush to sell at discount...:2cents:

ysyap
30-09-11, 06:25
So phase 1 guys will move in real soon le... saw the facet and it looks ready... :o

HP65
30-09-11, 10:26
Bukit Sembawang, very slow and steady type of developer, sure hold out during crisis. Can't recall any project in the past by them that actually rush to sell at discount...:2cents:

Actually they are not that steady....if not because they went to shareholders to beg for help, they would probably have been eaten alive by other developers, especially when they have the large tracts of land. 2009 was really a jittery moment for developers and its amazing at the same time how they managed to do a Houdini.

land118
30-09-11, 11:44
Actually they are not that steady....if not because they went to shareholders to beg for help, they would probably have been eaten alive by other developers, especially when they have the large tracts of land. 2009 was really a jittery moment for developers and its amazing at the same time how they managed to do a Houdini. End '08, they got OCBC to help them do a $500mil multi currency medium term loan, and in '09, they did a rights issue of $245mil. Think still ok..

spikey69
12-10-11, 19:02
OMG!
You are right.... 2.45 mil, last transacted price.
Phase 5 - 2.5 mil inter terrace, 2.7 mil corner terrace, heard from agent.

Definitely will not fall to 1.5 mil under normal circumstances.

and my friend just paid $2.49M over the weekend for a resale unit....:doh:

buttercarp
12-10-11, 19:46

Must congratulate the seller.
He just sat and did nothing much except sign a few papers and made a few hundred thousand.

spikey69
12-10-11, 19:51
He just sat and did nothing much except sign a few papers and made a few hundred thousand.
yup - about 600k

land118
12-10-11, 19:59
Well, if it hit $3m in 4yrs time, u can say the same to your friend.., by then no SSD...:D

mantrix
12-10-11, 20:03
yup - about 600k

before stamp duties, commission etc? :scared-4:

kane
12-10-11, 22:48
anyone has any experience with what the progressive payment schedule is like for a landed like luxus hills?

lifeline
12-10-11, 23:48
anyone has any experience with what the progressive payment schedule is like for a landed like luxus hills?

It's on interest absorption scheme, a misnomer where the developer actually charged an additional 3% upfront on the purchase price; so no payment till top.

kane
12-10-11, 23:52
It's on interest absorption scheme, a misnomer where the developer actually charged an additional 3% upfront on the purchase price; so no payment till top.

So in the latest phase where there is no interest absorption, how is the progression, every floor up is a milestone? Given that it is only 4 floors plus attic, then won't the progression be real quick?

lifeline
13-10-11, 00:23
So in the latest phase where there is no interest absorption, how is the progression, every floor up is a milestone? Given that it is only 4 floors plus attic, then won't the progression be real quick?

I believe you are right, it can be super fast, esp when there are only few houses in a phase. Good for those who want their houses fast. But usually a slight lag period cos still building the previous phases.

u2torneil
13-10-11, 01:55
If current phase 5 already is selling about $2.5m, might as well pay for $2.49 to move in this month or the next (if it's a phase 1 unit).

Anyway, is the current phase 5 launched for purchase now or already sold out again?

mossyburger
17-11-11, 20:44
If current phase 5 already is selling about $2.5m, might as well pay for $2.49 to move in this month or the next (if it's a phase 1 unit).

Anyway, is the current phase 5 launched for purchase now or already sold out again?

Phase 5 (from URA): 21 units launched, all sold out. Avg psf 1517.

I believe Este Villas also all sold out too!

kane
17-11-11, 20:48
2.5 also sold out?

azeoprop
17-11-11, 21:21
Singaporeans are very rich! :scared-1:

hyenergix
17-11-11, 21:29
In life there r always ups n downs. One day u might b able to afford one!

mossyburger
17-11-11, 21:31
2.5 also sold out?

yes i believe price for inter-terrace should be from 2.45-2.49?

kane
17-11-11, 22:41
is there an official road connecting ave 5 with the luxus hills estate?

u2torneil
18-11-11, 00:44
1517 is not the average psf but the median psf, 50th percentile psf price.
Median price was $2.45M, max price was $2.55M last month, that is why the last 33 or so units now start with $2.55 and above :doh:

Heard from agent today that #88 was sold for $2.8m, #108 for $2.88m, talk about the lure of auspicious numbers :scared-4:

Phase 5 (from URA): 21 units launched, all sold out. Avg psf 1517.

I believe Este Villas also all sold out too!

ysyap
18-11-11, 05:00
yes i believe price for inter-terrace should be from 2.45-2.49?Not clear... u r referring to this project only, not all inter-terrace lah... :D

land118
18-11-11, 06:09
Median price was $2.45M, max price was $2.55M last month, that is why the last 33 or so units now start with $2.55 and above :doh:

Heard from agent today that #88 was sold for $2.8m, #108 for $2.88m, talk about the lure of auspicious numbers :scared-4:
Just like handphone, COE, such "Golden" numbers need to bid, nice house number also command premium. Nice number, nice selling price number..., easy to push buyers to bite..., nice marketing strategy..., but if premium is really $200-300k, seem a bit high...

I believe quantum of $3m and below for NEW terrace landed such 999 LH Luxus Hill is considered affordable to buyers of landed...:2cents:

mossyburger
18-11-11, 09:29

thanks for the clarification! :)

buttercarp
18-11-11, 18:45

2.8 mil and 2.88 mil are for the corner terrace?
Or inter terrace:scared-3: ?

samuelk
18-11-11, 21:29
Singaporeans are very rich! :scared-1:
Based on a 4 / 5 yrs ownership experience before u can sell, those that are buying are really wanting a place and not really specualting on a place.

Of course if u are sitting on the side line, then of couse there should be a bargain waiting in the event of a downturn.

Property is unlike a cookie cutter mass produce car.

There is no two units alike.

Even if it is the same look, it is in a different spot.

I will not be able to put a finger on it, but sometime, when a unit is on sale, u feel a affinity to it and some how, when u do the sums and it is within reach, u buy.

Notice that those that purchase in the 08 crisis, there were also units that were snap up dispite the uncertainty.

So a balance view is important.

I know of people who were more confident in the property market then they were in securing another job within the next 6 mths if they lose the job back then.

I guess even now, the 2 things that is driving up purchase is the cheap loans, and the fact that the speculators are at bay. And like FEO, they have deep pockets to hold on to the development, yr investment is more or less have a lock in value .

Unlike some peoples doomsdy msg in another thread, it is still anyones guess what the future holds. But what I know now and base on hindsight in 2008, the key to the reservese is still not been sort after.

The level of FT converting to PR is not on the rise.

So it does seem that it is still early days . There are minimal adjustment from development to development, but those are far and in between.

I guess those that buy , example hdb to new condos, must be quite pant up desire to buy.

Supply do look vast, but somehow, it seems to be moving equally fast.

Case in point is Luxus hill and Pavilion park.

It not long before its would been totally sold out again.

buttercarp
18-11-11, 22:00
Based on a 4 / 5 yrs ownership experience before u can sell, those that are
buying are really wanting a place and not really specualting on a place.

I will not be able to put a finger on it, but sometime, when a unit is on
sale, u feel a affinity to it and some how, when u do the sums and it is within
reach, u buy.

Agree with you!
Landed buyers are usually genuine stayers.

Affinity is very important and personal.

dmonddd
18-11-11, 23:56
I was debating with my buddies on landed property vs condos.

landed property (exclude cluster houses) should hold on prices.
Agree that landed property $2-4m is bought mainly for own occupation

cluster houses may have different tenant/owner segment but I note that yield has not been that attractive

no restriction for FT. but i hear my FT colleagues complaining of what they can get back home for amount paid for cluster house here in singapore

anyone can share the buyer's profile for cluster houses

this project I'm sure are mainly bought by locals

buttercarp
19-11-11, 00:20

According to The Business Times report in march 2011.

"While foreigners in general are not allowed to buy landed residential private properties, they may purchase strata landed properties within developments with condominium status without seeking approval from the Land Dealings (Approval) Unit. Some recent new projects in this category include D'Leedon and The Vision where one in every 10 strata landed property buyers within the development is a foreigner."

http://www.asiaone.com/print/Business/My%2BMoney/Property/Story/A1Story20110304-266508.html

u2torneil
19-11-11, 11:22
These should be for inter-terraces, see the site plan from here for Phase 5:
http://www.luxushills.com/comingsoon.html

That said, I would take these with a pinch of salt from the agent. The only reliable numbers are from URA or from caveats lodged.

2.8 mil and 2.88 mil are for the corner terrace?
Or inter terrace:scared-3: ?

dmonddd
19-11-11, 12:22
Surprise to hear locals still gunning for Clusters houses 9 out of 10
But definition of foreign here excludes PRs? If yes the Locals buying will be much lesser for every 10 units.

According to The Business Times report in march 2011.

"While foreigners in general are not allowed to buy landed residential private properties, they may purchase strata landed properties within developments with condominium status without seeking approval from the Land Dealings (Approval) Unit. Some recent new projects in this category include D'Leedon and The Vision where one in every 10 strata landed property buyers within the development is a foreigner."

http://www.asiaone.com/print/Business/My%2BMoney/Property/Story/A1Story20110304-266508.html

buttercarp
19-11-11, 13:03
Surprise to hear locals still gunning for Clusters houses 9 out of 10
But definition of foreign here excludes PRs? If yes the Locals buying will be much lesser for every 10 units.

Actually I am quite surprised too.
I suppose you are right, they may have classifeid PR as local.
The report referred to the projects in that category ie D9 and D10, so cannot afford landed of the same size in that prime district then settle for cluster instead?

devilplate
19-11-11, 13:09
Actually I am quite surprised too.
I suppose you are right, they may have classifeid PR as local.
The report referred to the projects in that category ie D9 and D10, so cannot afford landed of the same size in that prime district then settle for cluster instead?

ok for The Vision, agt told me majority of their townhse bot by locals.....

but for recent feo projects, agts told me mostly sold to foreigners......they even tell me townhse not suitable for locals....LOL:D

buttercarp
19-11-11, 13:12
These should be for inter-terraces, see the site plan from here for Phase 5:
http://www.luxushills.com/comingsoon.html

That said, I would take these with a pinch of salt from the agent. The only reliable numbers are from URA or from caveats lodged.

Perhaps the agent made a mistake.
I really can't believe that one would pay a few hundred thousand just to secure an auspicious number!
Let's wait for URA figures.

land118
19-11-11, 15:41
Perhaps the agent made a mistake.
I really can't believe that one would pay a few hundred thousand just to secure an auspicious number!
Let's wait for URA figures.If 100k more for auspicious number maybe reasonable, but if more than that, may not be justifiable. But u never know, some would swear by their lucky numbers, die die must have...

samuelk
19-11-11, 17:13
I was debating with my buddies on landed property vs condos.

landed property (exclude cluster houses) should hold on prices.
Agree that landed property $2-4m is bought mainly for own occupation

cluster houses may have different tenant/owner segment but I note that yield has not been that attractive

no restriction for FT. but i hear my FT colleagues complaining of what they can get back home for amount paid for cluster house here in singapore

if you were to ask again why then do they instead buy SG.? It would be the gainis steady n there is still development design with optimum space consideration. SG been the lesser twin of HK would displayed a similar gains as long as the economy stays reasonably healthy. But that's just views fm those I speak to and may not be representative of the same crowd that you have conversation with.

dmon
19-11-11, 21:38
if you were to ask again why then do they instead buy SG.? It would be the gainis steady n there is still development design with optimum space consideration. SG been the lesser twin of HK would displayed a similar gains as long as the economy stays reasonably healthy. But that's just views fm those I speak to and may not be representative of the same crowd that you have conversation with.

My Ft colleagues doing probably 30-40k mthly. They have been sending $$$ home. Some took loans here (cheap cheap interest rate) and send $$$ home to reduce loans in home country as I mentioned earlier. When the sit hits the fence I hope I can see support from them to help my country spore. Think so? Hope so for the better of all. Musketeers - one for all, all for one.

The others below 6k looks at hdb - majority renting but ft PRs buying only 1
Extra $$$ sent home

dmon
19-11-11, 21:45
Their reason is not gain. I asked them. They just don't want to pay rent for nothing. Put a bit of downpayment for a lot of upside.

Now if they have home back home and buy 1 in Spore I presume they sold property back home and declare only 1 property in Spore to obtain 80% LTV.

If they declare that Spore property is their 2nd home, they need to come up with 40% Cash downpayment

2) Is my understanding of the regulation correct?
If my understanding of regulation is correct, what if the regulation is reviewed thoroughly and needs to be supported with evidence such as tax papers back home.
Would those ft PRs who bought comes forward and cover another 20% cash downpayment to make LTV 60% as per regulation.

Ignore 2 if my understanding is incorrect

lifeline
03-12-11, 21:21
preview yesterday and launch for phase 5 today. told on sms that inter-terrace going for 2.55 to 2.60.

saw showroom today for id ideas - similar designs as before. did not discuss with agent, but saw board showing about 55% sold of the 54 units put up. not sure if ias still avail. car park is full though.

samuelk
04-12-11, 13:54
At that price level, is Allgreen at Pavilion Park a better deal.?

Seem like the Asking price is slightly lower PSF wise.

DC33_2008
04-12-11, 14:57
Great! There are still people positive with the market.
preview yesterday and launch for phase 5 today. told on sms that inter-terrace going for 2.55 to 2.60.

saw showroom today for id ideas - similar designs as before. did not discuss with agent, but saw board showing about 55% sold of the 54 units put up. not sure if ias still avail. car park is full though.

buttercarp
04-12-11, 18:21
At that price level, is Allgreen at Pavilion Park a better deal.?

Seem like the Asking price is slightly lower PSF wise.

Yup, slightly lower. More exclusive feel too. However the place is quite ulu compared with luxus hills and the build up space is less practical than luxus hills.
The newest phase 2G, 2 rooms got build in wardrobe at the expense of a study that was present in the previous phase. Also pavilion park got household shelter which luxus hills do not.

ysyap
05-12-11, 08:34
Yup, slightly lower. More exclusive feel too. However the place is quite ulu compared with luxus hills and the build up space is less practical than luxus hills.
The newest phase 2G, 2 rooms got build in wardrobe at the expense of a study that was present in the previous phase. Also pavilion park got household shelter which luxus hills do not.Really based on individual preference. At $2.6mil, I'm just watching this project slowly but surely getting further and further from my grasp... :p So when will it return to $1.8mil? Lol! ;)

hyenergix
05-12-11, 08:39
Really based on individual preference. At $2.6mil, I'm just watching this project slowly but surely getting further and further from my grasp... :p So when will it return to $1.8mil? Lol! ;)

When Singapore is under seige or an epidermic wipes out 10% of the population overnight. $1 also nobody wants.

devilplate
05-12-11, 08:43
When Singapore is under seige or an epidermic wipes out 10% of the population overnight. $1 also nobody wants.
10% so little?

actually no food and water all die tgt

hyenergix
05-12-11, 09:09
10% so little?

actually no food and water all die tgt

Cannot be. The government has just launched a hawker entrepreneurship programme to encourage Singaporean graduates to be hawkers. We will never run out of food or water.

devilplate
05-12-11, 09:12
Cannot be. The government has just launched a hawker entrepreneurship programme to encourage Singaporean graduates to be hawkers. We will never run out of food or water.
????

we import food a water supplies

hyenergix
05-12-11, 09:14
????

we import food a water supplies

Cannot be. Most ships take a break at our ports en route to China/Europe/US. We just help ourselves to a bit of their cargoes.

devilplate
05-12-11, 09:17
Cannot be. Most ships take a break at our ports en route to China/Europe/US. We just help ourselves to a bit of their cargoes.
ya....all fight for food.....form gang again.....mafia....LOL

buttercarp
05-12-11, 10:27
Back to Luxus Hills.
The inter terrace land area is only 1615 sqft.
The back yard is really small.
I guess what makes this more popular and more expensive than Pavilion Park is becoz its location is better.

Also Pavilion Park, developer don't advertise so less people know about it.

lifeline
05-12-11, 12:04
Really based on individual preference. At $2.6mil, I'm just watching this project slowly but surely getting further and further from my grasp... :p So when will it return to $1.8mil? Lol! ;)

my feel is that the prices will continue to go higher and higher, and supported by all other subsales transactions from the previous phases. afterall there are 900+ units to sell just for luxus hills, and the developer has got the holding power to release only when buying sentiments are still good, regardless of market condition. furthermore they have already held on to the land for so long. besides, they also got another large plot of land on the other side too, next to the cte.

so there is never a better entry point to go in and buy than now, if you like it in the first place. unlikely developer will ever price it cheaper (even in a downturn), somemore there is 25 phases in total. maybe to get it cheaper, can get it through the earlier subsale from investors who want to get out - latest 2.41 ?phase 1/2 subsale. a large phase 1 corner unit with swimming pool (land 2850/built in 3850) is asking 3.65m.

buttercarp
05-12-11, 12:55
Hi lifeline, you are right.
These big developers are never in a hurry to sell and can hold on to the property for donkey years.
The only way to buy it at a lower price is through a subsale.

azeoprop
05-12-11, 13:08
Actually where else in sg got big scale new FH/999 landed launch other than Luxus Hills?

:beats-me-man:

buttercarp
05-12-11, 13:24
Actually where else in sg got big scale new FH/999 landed launch other than Luxus Hills?

:beats-me-man:

Pavilion Park......
Not so large scale though.

ysyap
05-12-11, 14:15
Buy a interterrace at a better location with land area bigger than 1650sqft for about $1.8mil. Then do A&A to 3 storeys for another 700k so works out to be same price plus a more preferred location? :o

ysyap
05-12-11, 14:26
Buy a interterrace at a better location with land area bigger than 1650sqft for about $1.8mil. Then do A&A to 3 storeys for another 700k so works out to be same price plus a more preferred location? :oPlus you will have a say in the interior design and layout... :D

samuelk
05-12-11, 18:56
The newest phase 2G, 2 rooms got build in wardrobe at the expense of a study that was present in the previous phase. Also pavilion park got household shelter which luxus hills do not.
Yeah I notice that as well. The study looks a bit small so having a build in wardrobe makes sense.

I saw one config with the bomb shelter door facing the maindoor. This makes the look similar to Luxus Hill.

Size wise, seems that the 2 G phase has grown a little but its not North south facing.

buttercarp
05-12-11, 22:07
Yeah I notice that as well. The study looks a bit small so having a build in wardrobe makes sense.

I saw one config with the bomb shelter door facing the maindoor. This makes the look similar to Luxus Hill.

Size wise, seems that the 2 G phase has grown a little but its not North south facing.
I have not seen phase 2G of pavilion park yet. Is there a new show flat? From the floor plan, this new phase seem about same size as the previous phase. The kitchen is larger though at the expense of the dining area. I personally do not like walk in wardrobe, unless u got larger space. I rather have the small study as it is another enclosed space which can be functional.
Don't know whether the corner terrace with the pool has been sold? Like the semi d in the previous phase, the land area is large, hence it is very pricey.
This phase faces west. But the back is a large hill. So will have afternoon Sun, but not the morning sun.

lifeline
05-12-11, 22:33
I have not seen phase 2G of pavilion park yet. Is there a new show flat? From the floor plan, this new phase seem about same size as the previous phase. The kitchen is larger though at the expense of the dining area. I personally do not like walk in wardrobe, unless u got larger space. I rather have the small study as it is another enclosed space which can be functional.
Don't know whether the corner terrace with the pool has been sold? Like the semi d in the previous phase, the land area is large, hence it is very pricey.
This phase faces west. But the back is a large hill. So will have afternoon Sun, but not the morning sun.

actually buttercarp, it just struck me that you can onsider selling your pavilion park and swap to luxus hills. this is provided you like this location better. in doing so, you transferred your gains over to luxus; afterall the relative price increase is similar. on top of this, long term cap appreciation is better here, 25 phases for luxus, every phase higher, and still got the other plot of land beside cte. but must sell first before swapping. main loss is that you will have paid for two stamp duties (1 extra), as well as one agent fee, roughly 100k, i think based on old mental calculation last time. consider this, and no more t junction!

buttercarp
05-12-11, 22:54
actually buttercarp, it just struck me that you can onsider selling your pavilion park and swap to luxus hills. this is provided you like this location better. in doing so, you transferred your gains over to luxus; afterall the relative price increase is similar. on top of this, long term cap appreciation is better here, 25 phases for luxus, every phase higher, and still got the other plot of land beside cte. but must sell first before swapping. main loss is that you will have paid for two stamp duties (1 extra), as well as one agent fee, roughly 100k, i think based on old mental calculation last time. consider this, and no more t junction!
Thanks for the suggestion but I can't do that cos of the SSD. And also as you mentioned stamp duty. No luxus hills for me. As I mentioned previously I was close to getting it at 1.7 m in 2009 but was turned away by agent cos hubby was PR at that time and agent not keen to accept transaction. Later on exiting the place, car tyre punctured. Recently before visiting showflat got lost. Just circling n circling the place without finding the right spot. With pavilion, it was a breeze. Went there and it was a unanimous decision.

lifeline
05-12-11, 22:58
Thanks for the suggestion but I can't do that cos of the SSD. And also as you mentioned stamp duty. No luxus hills for me. As I mentioned previously I was close to getting it at 1.7 m in 2009 but was turned away by agent cos hubby was PR at that time and agent not keen to accept transaction. Later on exiting the place, car tyre punctured. Recently before visiting showflat got lost. Just circling n circling the place without finding the right spot. With pavilion, it was a breeze. Went there and it was a unanimous decision.

fate and destiny...

ysyap
06-12-11, 02:51
Thanks for the suggestion but I can't do that cos of the SSD. And also as you mentioned stamp duty. No luxus hills for me. As I mentioned previously I was close to getting it at 1.7 m in 2009 but was turned away by agent cos hubby was PR at that time and agent not keen to accept transaction. Later on exiting the place, car tyre punctured. Recently before visiting showflat got lost. Just circling n circling the place without finding the right spot. With pavilion, it was a breeze. Went there and it was a unanimous decision.Wow... didn't know about your flat tyres but yes, LOL! :spliff:

wind30
26-12-11, 06:56
went to see the show room last week for fun.

It seems that the showroom is really quiet and they are still not giving discount although we did not really bargain.

anyone managed to ask for discount? Wonder if the prices are coming down. Luxus hills seems to be a nice landed price index since all their units are the same and they sell over a long period of time :)

azeoprop
26-12-11, 07:26
Buy a interterrace at a better location with land area bigger than 1650sqft for about $1.8mil. Then do A&A to 3 storeys for another 700k so works out to be same price plus a more preferred location? :o

The bad thing about buying older estate is that you will face with living in a "construction site" for a long time. Once in a while your neighbouring houses if sold, will be rebuilt, causing noise, dust and traffic problems.

At least for projects like luxus hills, people won't rebuild their houses anytime soon. :p

hyenergix
26-12-11, 07:53
Large landed is nice to look at but not convenient to stay in and expensive to maintain. Unless you really crave for exclusiveness.

buttercarp
26-12-11, 14:59
went to see the show room last week for fun.

It seems that the showroom is really quiet and they are still not giving discount although we did not really bargain.

anyone managed to ask for discount? Wonder if the prices are coming down. Luxus hills seems to be a nice landed price index since all their units are the same and they sell over a long period of time :)

The agent said no discount at all.
He said even if prices drop, the developer will hold on till prices go up again. These big developers have great holding power.
So if you want discount, wait for subsale when prices are down.

ysyap
26-12-11, 16:18
Phase 1 already TOP and buyers are asking for ridiculous prices... they are still in la la land, is it? :sleep:

jesico
26-12-11, 18:24
Another landed development that's still selling is Oasis @ Mulberry (D13). But only a few units left. Developer has been slowly selling since around 05/06.

buttercarp
26-12-11, 19:30
Another landed development that's still selling is Oasis @ Mulberry (D13). But only a few units left. Developer has been slowly selling since around 05/06.

Yup, went to the showflat of Oasis @ mulberry (Oasis@mulberry) too few months ago.
The agent said that the developer will hold on to the units if they can't achieve the price they want, and each launch, the price has to be higher than the last, otherwise they won't sell.

ysyap
26-12-11, 22:01
These developers are keeping the landed prices steady... :rolleyes:

kane
26-12-11, 23:10
The bad thing about buying older estate is that you will face with living in a "construction site" for a long time. Once in a while your neighbouring houses if sold, will be rebuilt, causing noise, dust and traffic problems.

At least for projects like luxus hills, people won't rebuild their houses anytime soon. :p

and at times, their renovations causes cracks in your roofing...

wind30
27-12-11, 19:12

my estate is 15 years old. Not too old and there isn't a single rebuilt and I don't think there will be any. Partly because the land is small around 18xx sq ft. And partly because the layout is very unique with double height living, split level floors, 3 storeys.

If you don't want to face rebuilt, buy an estate with smaller land area that is built up to three storeys already.

Example, florissa park in Lentor is probably over 25 years old but there are very few rebuilt. Mainly because the layout is quite unique and it is built up to three storeys.

If you buy a single storey estate, sure rebuilt until big big mess. Just buy one that is already three storeys and you will not see many rebuilts.

DC33_2008
27-12-11, 19:23
It is usually beyond 35 years old house that requires rebuild as the land is not maximized. With the relaxation of URA rules on landed, I there will be more older houses undergo A&A and Reconstruction. This is especially in district with high $psf.
my estate is 15 years old. Not too old and there isn't a single rebuilt and I don't think there will be any. Partly because the land is small around 18xx sq ft. And partly because the layout is very unique with double height living, split level floors, 3 storeys.

If you don't want to face rebuilt, buy an estate with smaller land area that is built up to three storeys already.

Example, florissa park in Lentor is probably over 25 years old but there are very few rebuilt. Mainly because the layout is quite unique and it is built up to three storeys.

If you buy a single storey estate, sure rebuilt until big big mess. Just buy one that is already three storeys and you will not see many rebuilts.

ysyap
27-12-11, 20:46

If you buy a single storey estate, sure rebuilt until big big mess. Just buy one that is already three storeys and you will not see many rebuilts.Be the last of the lot to buy these old properties and start your rebuilding process so as to not be caught in the dusty environment... :D

wind30
28-02-12, 20:01
my wife says a property agent called her about luxus hills and say that now price is negotiable :)

it seems that prices are really falling. Luxus hills is actually a good property index as all the units are roughly the same and sold over a long period of time.

hyenergix
28-02-12, 20:11
my wife says a property agent called her about luxus hills and say that now price is negotiable :)

it seems that prices are really falling. Luxus hills is actually a good property index as all the units are roughly the same and sold over a long period of time.

Inaccessible. Definitely need car, which is an increasing cost.

buttercarp
28-02-12, 20:18

I saw their big advertisment over the weekend.
The prices there have risen so much.
Previous phases I believe all snapped up very quickily but this time still got left over units.

ysyap
28-02-12, 21:01

it seems that prices are really falling. Luxus hills is actually a good property index as all the units are roughly the same and sold over a long period of time.After increasing price by some 40% from the initial asking and then say prices are now negotiable is simply funny... well, unless can negotiate to slash price by 20% then worth a second look! ;)

wind30
29-02-12, 07:06
After increasing price by some 40% from the initial asking and then say prices are now negotiable is simply funny... well, unless can negotiate to slash price by 20% then worth a second look! ;)

but the point is that previously they can sell at 40% higher price what.

I think we went to view it (for fun) right after the Dec CM was announced and the agents there were still very adamant that no discounts is given.

buttercarp
29-02-12, 07:10
but the point is that previously they can sell at 40% higher price what.

I think we went to view it (for fun) right after the Dec CM was announced and the agents there were still very adamant that no discounts is given.
Ya lor, they say even if market crash, developer will just hold on till it recovers.

ysyap
29-02-12, 13:41
Ya lor, they say even if market crash, developer will just hold on till it recovers.So if one agent tells you that developer will hold price till market recovers and another agent tells another potential buyer that price is negotiable... then, there's an apparent conflict lor... hmmm... :rolleyes:

fclim
29-02-12, 14:56
Typical land area small, ard 1,600 sq ft in an ulu location. Same price, can get much bigger older landed.

Quantum too high.. HDB upgraders unable to make the huge jump. Pte resale is dead. So it explains the lull...

devilplate
29-02-12, 16:45
crazy to pay 1500psf land for such location

1100psf is the max i will pay

chiaberry
29-02-12, 16:54
Typical land area small, ard 1,600 sq ft in an ulu location. Same price, can get much bigger older landed.

Quantum too high.. HDB upgraders unable to make the huge jump. Pte resale is dead. So it explains the lull...

Land area so small???

So it's built up to 3 storeys (or more)? What is the built up area?

Hmmm...when one is young, you can walk up and down every day but when getting older, it becomes a chore....oh well I suppose you can count it as your daily exercise.

buttercarp
29-02-12, 17:02
So if one agent tells you that developer will hold price till market recovers and another agent tells another potential buyer that price is negotiable... then, there's an apparent conflict lor... hmmm... :rolleyes:
That was a few months ago when they first launched phase 5. So mabbe now it's a different story.
Sis chiaberry, built up about 3600 sq feet. Very spacious n practical. Fell in love with it at first site. But somethings are just not meant for me.
Yup land area very miserable though. The back yard is just a small narrow strip barely enough to put your clothes there to dry.

chiaberry
29-02-12, 21:11
That was a few months ago when they first launched phase 5. So mabbe now it's a different story.
Sis chiaberry, built up about 3600 sq feet. Very spacious n practical. Fell in love with it at first site. But somethings are just not meant for me.
Yup land area very miserable though. The back yard is just a small narrow strip barely enough to put your clothes there to dry.

Did you buy?

Will be living v. close to your neighbour. Hope they are considerate.

ysyap
29-02-12, 21:52
Yup land area very miserable though. The back yard is just a small narrow strip barely enough to put your clothes there to dry.Let's paint a grim picture... if property prices remain low for next 2 years, does it mean the developer will sit on vacant units for 2 years? I think we can ask for $1.9mil by June. :D

chiaberry
29-02-12, 21:59
Let's paint a grim picture... if property prices remain low for next 2 years, does it mean the developer will sit on vacant units for 2 years? I think we can ask for $1.9mil by June. :D

hmmm...1.9mil I can consider. But the location is a bit inconvenient for kids who have to take public transport.

buttercarp
29-02-12, 22:11
Did you buy?

Will be living v. close to your neighbour. Hope they are considerate.

Nope.... not destined to stay there, if you had read my previous posts.

Let's paint a grim picture... if property prices remain low for next 2 years, does it mean the developer will sit on vacant units for 2 years? I think we can ask for $1.9mil by June. :D

You think so?
So Mr B may be right.

ysyap
29-02-12, 22:16
You think so?
So Mr B may be right.I'd rather not think of it as Mr B being right coz so many others also believed what Mr B wrote. :)

buttercarp
29-02-12, 22:18
I'd rather not think of it as Mr B being right coz so many others also believed what Mr B wrote. :)

Yup, not only Mr B..... got Mr A, B, C, D and so on!

fclim
01-03-12, 00:12

Any restriction in terms of rebuilt? Say, 10 years later, I sell the house. Can new owner tear down the house and rebuild it to his own fancy in terms of exterior design? It will change the whole landscape since it will stand out like a sore thumb.

ysyap
01-03-12, 08:33
Any restriction in terms of rebuilt? Say, 10 years later, I sell the house. Can new owner tear down the house and rebuild it to his own fancy in terms of exterior design? It will change the whole landscape since it will stand out like a sore thumb.Don't think there are restrictions on this. I've seen very beautiful sore thumb too...

devilplate
01-03-12, 08:56
Any restriction in terms of rebuilt? Say, 10 years later, I sell the house. Can new owner tear down the house and rebuild it to his own fancy in terms of exterior design? It will change the whole landscape since it will stand out like a sore thumb.
u tink too much liao

brandnew now....

policies can change anytime

fclim
01-03-12, 09:13
u tink too much liao

brandnew now....

policies can change anytime

I thot good to find out before buying. Resale value would be less if cannot rebuild. I know some landed not allowed.

devilplate
01-03-12, 09:24
I thot good to find out before buying. Resale value would be less if cannot rebuild. I know some landed not allowed.
as i said, policies can change anytime

minority
01-03-12, 13:53

Base on Mr B. PPle will be begging u to take it off their hands. Maybe for $1.99 only. cheap cheap

minority
01-03-12, 13:55
This project is turning out really nice. If only I know earlier.....:banghead:

Rysk
01-03-12, 14:37
Base on Mr B. PPle will be begging u to take it off their hands. Maybe for $1.99 only. cheap cheap

Mr. B already said 100x.. price now drop 20%, just bring cheque..

Latest info.. he will be organising a group buy at Luxus Hills.. and hopefully he can get a further 5% discount over the 20% for us.

minority
01-03-12, 16:58
Mr. B already said 100x.. price now drop 20%, just bring cheque..

Latest info.. he will be organising a group buy at Luxus Hills.. and hopefully he can get a further 5% discount over the 20% for us.

I been looking ard leh. bo 20% actually some place price went up.

buttercarp
01-03-12, 17:28

You can go and have a look at Pavilion Park.
Also nice.
Quiet somemore.

devilplate
01-03-12, 17:28
nice meh? but last time ard 900psf rite? now like dirt cheap lor

devilplate
01-03-12, 17:30
You can go and have a look at Pavilion Park.
Also nice.
Quiet somemore.
den we become neighbours? hehehe

13xxpsf leh.....so high....

buttercarp
01-03-12, 17:33
den we become neighbours? hehehe

13xxpsf leh.....so high....

But still cheaper than luxus hills.
Actually luxus has bigger built up so more practical.

Pavilion Park has lots of trees and the environment very serene.

Next time....long long time later, when Tengah comes up will the place be more vibrant?

devilplate
01-03-12, 17:35
But still cheaper than luxus hills.
Actually luxus has bigger built up so more practical.

Pavilion Park has lots of trees and the environment very serene.

Next time....long long time later, when Tengah comes up will the place be more vibrant?
er...y u want it to be vibrant? quiet and serene better rite?

actually wif ur 2.5mil budget, can get a semi d or corner terrace leh....but no brandnew la.....

buttercarp
01-03-12, 17:37
er...y u want it to be vibrant? quiet and serene better rite?

actually wif ur 2.5mil budget, can get a semi d or corner terrace leh....but no brandnew la.....

I want both.
Estate quiet and serene.
But surrounding vibrant.

Huh... 2.5 mil budget..... i nebber say leh...but quite close.

Actually I like brand new, save the trouble of A&A, so 2nd hand cannot.

devilplate
01-03-12, 17:40
I want both.
Estate quiet and serene.
But surrounding vibrant.

Huh... 2.5 mil budget..... i nebber say leh...but quite close.

Actually I like brand new, save the trouble of A&A, so 2nd hand cannot.
no nid to say mah

check ura oredi noe u pay 2.3xmil lor....hehehe

but i dun like inter terrace....can be quite dark and poor air ventilation

so min a CT

buttercarp
01-03-12, 19:29
no nid to say mah

so min a CT

Lucky mine not so high lah.
Wah.... u so high class.... min CT.
That one beyond my budget.

wind30
01-03-12, 19:36
no nid to say mah

so min a CT

my mom stays in a CT but I find her place much warmer than mine. For my inter terrace, on certain months I don't kenna direct sun at all as mine is north-west-west facing.

My moms place kenna morning sun direct at the side wall. Morning if you open windows for ventilation, it is like a cook house.

For air ventilation, 2 sides open is good enough. Sometimes I am happy that my neighbour which is a corner terrace helps me to block the afternoon sun heat. I cannot imagine living in my neighbours place and kenna the afternoon sun everyday....

kane
01-03-12, 20:29
Is there any landed house in singapore that's on high ground and always breezy?

amk
01-03-12, 21:01

I pass by quite a few every day ;)

But those are huge bungalows ...

It's very near dleedon ;)

devilplate
01-03-12, 21:30
Lucky mine not so high lah.
Wah.... u so high class.... min CT.
That one beyond my budget.
Early birdie...goodie

Whr got high class....i m staying in apt lor....u gona stay on ur fh land soon

devilplate
01-03-12, 21:31

Siglap houses gd enuff for me.....some can see mbs on a clear day

kane
01-03-12, 23:16

Other than bungalows?

devilplate
01-03-12, 23:34
Other than bungalows?
Siglap la.....some perch on the hill ;)

wannabe
02-03-12, 13:07

A couple i have seen are at Olive Road & Third Street@Siglap
Slightly elevated and have unblock views

ysyap
02-03-12, 16:15
Other than bungalows?Tai Keng Gardens area sits on a huge slope. Houses at the higher end will be good. House type ranges from inter to corner to semi-D. Also got single units but not sure if can call bungalow... :spliff:

stl67
02-03-12, 23:01
Tai Keng Gardens area sits on a huge slope. Houses at the higher end will be good. House type ranges from inter to corner to semi-D. Also got single units but not sure if can call bungalow... :spliff:
A good gauge to see if a house is on high ground is by simply checking if the hse needs a water pump. 1 eg are those near bukit timah hill like chun tin.. Normally pub will require them to install water tank and pump and easily cost 12k..

buttercarp
02-03-12, 23:06
A good gauge to see if a house is on high ground is by simply checking if the hse needs a water pump. 1 eg are those near bukit timah hill like chun tin.. Normally pub will require them to install water tank and pump and easily cost 12k..

I thought the water pump is for pumping water to the upper floors of the house and every house has a water tank?

lifeline
02-03-12, 23:29

this is a wrong approach.

my current place is near the lower ground and still has water pump as well as water tank installed, cos 3 storey. we dun use it though and over years have bypassed the pump and tank.

to gauge high ground, just look at the amsl (above mean sea level).
some useful links to amsl, pub and water pump:

http://www.pub.gov.sg/general/Documents/RPUB00003.pdf

Height of Highest Fittings
Above Mean Sea Level Mode of Supply
a. Not exceeding 25 metres Direct supply to fittings from
PUB mains.
b. Above 25 metres but not Indirect supply through
exceeding 37 metres high level water storage tank.c. Above 37 metres Indirect supply through low level
water storage tank with pumping
to high level water storage tank.
2.2.2 The high level water storage tanks should have a minimum capacity
equivalent to 24 hours consumption.
2.2.3 For mode (c), which is to be adopted for water supply to premises and tall
buildings beyond the reach of direct mains pressure, the water from the
Authority’s mains will flow through a meter/ master meter to a low level
tank with float-operated valve control. From the low level tank, pumps
(with duplicate in case of breakdown) will deliver the water to high level
tanks of storage capacity equivalent to one day’s water requirements to
cater for breakdown and emergencies. The high level storage tanks are to
be provided with compartments and the pipework so arranged to enable
maintenance and cleaning to be carried out without interruption to the
water supply. The low level tank shall be located such that the inlet to the
low level tank is below 137 metres reduced level. Where the inlet to the
low level tank is between 125 metres and 130 metres reduced level, the
storage capacity of the low level tank should be sized to be at least 1/5 of
the daily water requirements. Where the inlet to the low level tank is above
130 metres reduced level, the capacity of the low level tank should be
sized to be at least 1/3 of the daily water requirements. The total storage
capacity of the low level and the high level tanks should be equivalent to
one day’s water requirements of the water service installations to be served
by the tanks

http://www.pub.gov.sg/general/code/Documents/HeadCOPFINALDec2011-1.pdf

http://www.ura.gov.sg/circulars/text/dchbr/generalconsideration-dchbr.pdf

http://www.sla.gov.sg/Land_Sales/LP/LP12%20Jalan%20Lempeng/Auction%20Packet/02%20Technical%20Conditions%20of%20Sale/LP%206%20-%20TCOS.pdf

http://www.bca.gov.sg/Publications/others/Guide_on_Construction_of_Industrial_Developments_in_Singapore.pdf

lifeline
02-03-12, 23:32
I thought the water pump is for pumping water to the upper floors of the house and every house has a water tank?

not all house need the pump and tank.
the earlier phase of luxus has no pump, whereas you can see the pumps in the latest phase 5 showrooms. you may check your plan for your pavilion to see if the tank is there.

hyenergix
03-03-12, 06:56

You might wish to drive around this area at Bukit Timah:
http://maps.google.com.sg/maps?rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-Address&oe=UTF-8&rlz=1I7ADFA_en&q=coronation+road&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x31da1a094ae54f5d:0xc296a1e9bf92f7f,Coronation+Rd&gl=sg&ei=cl1RT5WWNMbtrQempYzkDQ&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=image&resnum=3&ved=0CDYQ8gEwAg

One area has large rolling plain which is very nice. It will be my dream to own a house here (if not, maybe when I die someone burns a paper version)...

buttercarp
03-03-12, 07:53
not all house need the pump and tank.
the earlier phase of luxus has no pump, whereas you can see the pumps in the latest phase 5 showrooms. you may check your plan for your pavilion to see if the tank is there.

The newer phase of pavilion park has pump and tank. The rest I don't know.

mkl22
04-03-12, 20:39
Water tank on the roof needs huge supports to support the weight. And then also not much pressure. The tank is to supply the pump. My parents place had this. It was a pain to maintain, but you get strong pressure especially when many taps are on at the same time. We have bypassed it about 10 years back and pressure is not too bad still. I believe that pub has upped the pressure on their mains over the years.

stl67
05-03-12, 10:29
this is a wrong approach.

my current place is near the lower ground and still has water pump as well as water tank installed, cos 3 storey. we dun use it though and over years have bypassed the pump and tank.

to gauge high ground, just look at the amsl (above mean sea level).
some useful links to amsl, pub and water pump:

http://www.pub.gov.sg/general/Documents/RPUB00003.pdf

http://www.pub.gov.sg/general/code/Documents/HeadCOPFINALDec2011-1.pdf

http://www.ura.gov.sg/circulars/text/dchbr/generalconsideration-dchbr.pdf

http://www.sla.gov.sg/Land_Sales/LP/LP12%20Jalan%20Lempeng/Auction%20Packet/02%20Technical%20Conditions%20of%20Sale/LP%206%20-%20TCOS.pdf

http://www.bca.gov.sg/Publications/others/Guide_on_Construction_of_Industrial_Developments_in_Singapore.pdf

Thanks for sharing..

u2torneil
09-03-12, 21:25
Latest JAN 2012 transacted price from developer's sale in is $2.68m!
How is this price negotiable with the developer?!

ysyap
09-03-12, 22:27
How is this price negotiable with the developer?!Is this a corner unit?

u2torneil
11-03-12, 00:37
Doesn't look to be so, it should be an inter-terrrace (1615 sq ft) from the URA caveat record.

Is this a corner unit?

ysyap
11-03-12, 08:45
Doesn't look to be so, it should be an inter-terrrace (1615 sq ft) from the URA caveat record.That means they set the asking at 2.8mil so slightly nego lor... :doh:

buttercarp
11-03-12, 09:05
How is this price negotiable with the developer?!

OMG!
Yes....incredible!
Perhaps a unit with an auspicious number.

Blue
14-03-12, 13:34
The price of $2.68M for an inter terrace in the suburbs is reasonable.

If you look at Bukit Timah, an inter terrace for the same land size is selling at $4M, i.e. $2500 land psf!!! East Coast area also catching up at $2000 land psf.

Even old landed for rebuilt are selling from $1000 land psf and above regardless of location, and some smaller land size are sold at $1500 land psf due to minimum quantum. Add $1M for rebuilt plus stamp duty and interest => Cost of a brand new inter terrace is at least $2.5M. If it is developer sale, they at least mark up another $500K into the cost. At this rate, very soon, all brand new inter terrace at least going for $3M and above.

buttercarp
14-03-12, 13:48
The price of $2.68M for an inter terrace in the suburbs is reasonable.

If you look at Bukit Timah, an inter terrace for the same land size is selling at $4M, i.e. $2500 land psf!!! East Coast area also catching up at $2000 land psf.

Even old landed for rebuilt are selling from $1000 land psf and above regardless of location, and some smaller land size are sold at $1500 land psf due to minimum quantum. Add $1M for rebuilt plus stamp duty and interest => Cost of a brand new inter terrace is at least $2.5M. If it is developer sale, they at least mark up another $500K into the cost. At this rate, very soon, all brand new inter terrace at least going for $3M and above.

:scared-1: :scared-3: :scared-4: :scared-5:

devilplate
14-03-12, 13:52
landed big big bubble....

Blue
14-03-12, 14:15
Bubble or not I do not know. However, if you look at condos and apartments, pple are selling $3M for a 3 bedrm in the city or city fringe at >$2000 psf built in. If there is bubble, then the first to fall will be the high end condos.

For the same price, definitely I go for landed as you get bigger built in and your very own piece of land.

There are less and less landed houses as some are sold to developers who rebuild apartments. New land supply all goes to build condos and HDBs. Scarcity will keep landed prices up and up just like gold. :cheers4:

devilplate
14-03-12, 14:23
always bear in mind tat we r ultimately buying the land....so we must always look at land psf ;)

high end condos above 3M used to be ok one bcoz foreigners can only buy condo and not landed.....but not the case anymore after cm5....tats y we r seeing big ticket ccr ppty firesale being transacted oredi

Blue
14-03-12, 14:51
always bear in mind tat we r ultimately buying the land....so we must always look at land psf ;)

high end condos above 3M used to be ok one bcoz foreigners can only buy condo and not landed.....but not the case anymore after cm5....tats y we r seeing big ticket ccr ppty firesale being transacted oredi

Although land psf is impt. Built in psf cannot be ignored as well. Otherwise, those who paid for condos are buying air space which is unlimited in supply for now. The sky's the limit!

Wats the point for having a big piece of land but built in is mickey mouse? :doh: Built in is where you sleep and live in, not the land.

buttercarp
14-03-12, 15:00
Although land psf is impt. Built in psf cannot be ignored as well. Otherwise, those who paid for condos are buying air space which is unlimited in supply for now. The sky's the limit!

Wats the point for having a big piece of land but built in is mickey mouse? :doh: Built in is where you sleep and live in, not the land.

It is true that you should also take into consideration the build in space.
But those build to the max and selling as though it is calculated psf of build in space is really too much.
I'd rather have a balance of both.
To me the land should be at least 2000 sq ft and the build in about 3000 sq ft.

devilplate
14-03-12, 15:25
But those build to the max and selling as though it is calculated psf of build in space is really too much.
I prefer 3000sqft land and 2k sqft built in

devilplate
14-03-12, 15:26

Err y drag in mm?

I m just saying ultimately we shd be looking at land psf when we r buying landed

buttercarp
14-03-12, 15:30
I prefer 3000sqft land and 2k sqft built in

Of course I also prefer bigger land if i have the means.

buttercarp
14-03-12, 15:32
Err y drag in mm?

I m just saying ultimately we shd be looking at land psf when we r buying landed

Got a friend with house 1600 sq ft on a 5000 sq ft land.
Is that considered a MM?

devilplate
14-03-12, 15:46
Got a friend with house 1600 sq ft on a 5000 sq ft land.
Is that considered a MM?
Double storey or more will be mm.....single storey quite spacious

devilplate
14-03-12, 15:48
Of course I also prefer bigger land if i have the means.
So at the end of the day, we shd look at land psf.....

Let say u buying brandnew terrace hse....minus away the rebuilt cost to determine the actual land psf u r paying for

wannabe
14-03-12, 16:39
landed big big bubble....

lol...how can landed be in a bigger bubble than condos?

devilplate
14-03-12, 16:41
lol...how can landed be in a bigger bubble than condos?
u can exchange ur points if u disagree wif me :)

oh boy....did i say landed bigger bubble den condos???

wannabe
14-03-12, 16:42
u can exchange ur points if u disagree wif me :)

lol.... dont dare to mess with the devil...

devilplate
14-03-12, 16:43
lol.... dont dare to mess with the devil...
no nid to be sarcastic...since u oredi laugh at my comments about landed big big bubble

wannabe
14-03-12, 16:45
no nid to be sarcastic...since u oredi laugh at my comments about landed big big bubble

eh chill la... not trying to start an argument...

devilplate
14-03-12, 16:47
eh chill la... not trying to start an argument...
we r here to learn

obviously u r the one who got disturbed by my comment ;)

wannabe
14-03-12, 16:49
we r here to learn

obviously u r the one who got disturbed by my comment ;)

lol... i'm more amused than disturbed.

devilplate
14-03-12, 16:54
lol... i'm more amused than disturbed.
tats gd

come here tcss and be happy! ;)

Blue
15-03-12, 19:17
So at the end of the day, we shd look at land psf.....

Let say u buying brandnew terrace hse....minus away the rebuilt cost to determine the actual land psf u r paying for

Yup, tats how u split the value of built-in and land for landed.

Built-in cost is approx. $300 to $350psf for brand new houses. Land is the balance of total price less built-in cost.

Tats why I said Luxus Hills inter terrace at $2.68M is reasonable. $1M for built-in and $1.68M for land which translates to $1000 land psf. Even sembawang is selling this kind of land psf le...

Essentially, land psf is on the rise, and god knows what level it may reach when it's getting more scarce...

There is one landed in Toh Ave area, the house is small but the land is like the size of 2 football fields!!

samuelk
15-03-12, 19:30
I notice that the migical number 1614sqft normally appears. Must be a metric conversoon of sort to distribute the land parcel for inter tracce.

And I agreed. When you max out, sometimes it looks like a over dress auntie trying to get attention and the place does not gel and start to look like a community center of sort. It does give maximum untility but some how lack substance. when there is no design consideration.

land118
15-03-12, 22:38
I notice that the migical number 1614sqft normally appears. Must be a metric conversoon of sort to distribute the land parcel for inter tracce.

And I agreed. When you max out, sometimes it looks like a over dress auntie trying to get attention and the place does not gel and start to look like a community center of sort. It does give maximum untility but some how lack substance. when there is no design consideration.
http://www.ura.gov.sg/homeowner/attachments/attach-dlhap.htm

According to URA, terrace plot size is 150sqm..., converted to sqft, multiply by 10.76, magic number is 1614...,bingo...4D number?:D

ysyap
16-03-12, 06:25
http://www.ura.gov.sg/homeowner/attachments/attach-dlhap.htm

According to URA, terrace plot size is 150sqm..., converted to sqft, multiply by 10.76, magic number is 1614...,bingo...4D number?:DSo Singapore developers still prefer matric measurements? HDB also use metric, 4 rm is 90 sqm, 5 rm is 110 sqm, etc. But how come PC developers must convert everything to sqft? No consistency here? :beats-me-man:

hyenergix
16-03-12, 07:16
So Singapore developers still prefer matric measurements? HDB also use metric, 4 rm is 90 sqm, 5 rm is 110 sqm, etc. But how come PC developers must convert everything to sqft? No consistency here? :beats-me-man:

Legacy and marketing issues? Everything is quoted psf plus imagine a $1,000 psf condo is quoted as $10,700 psm - quite a difficult figure to swallow.

land118
16-03-12, 11:04
Legacy and marketing issues? Everything is quoted psf plus imagine a $1,000 psf condo is quoted as $10,700 psm - quite a difficult figure to swallow. Guess u are right. Nowadays, units and house also getting smaller and smaller, and price getting higher and higher. Sound better if say unit size is 323sqft rather than a 30sqm MM?:D

ysyap
16-03-12, 12:02
Legacy and marketing issues? Everything is quoted psf plus imagine a $1,000 psf condo is quoted as $10,700 psm - quite a difficult figure to swallow.Then maybe can suggest to KBW or HDB to start using sqft instead of sqm coz their BTO flat sizes are also shrinking... lol! :D No wonder seldom hear HDB say cost in psm. Always only give final amount. :rolleyes:

fclim
16-03-12, 14:42
Scarcity will keep landed prices up and up just like gold. :cheers4:

That's a common belief. Don't forget landed can only be sold to Singaporeans. So,the demand side is limited too.

buttercarp
16-03-12, 15:37
That's a common belief. Don't forget landed can only be sold to Singaporeans. So,the demand side is limited too.

There are more naturalized Singaporeans than before, so the demand is still more than the supply.

fclim
16-03-12, 17:09
There are more naturalized Singaporeans than before, so the demand is still more than the supply.

Politically untenable...

samuelk
17-03-12, 21:49
:cheers1:
And for those that are not, they rent.

Base on the current influx of high networth FT, after they offset the rental from the addition" hardship" allowance, they still pocket quite a fair bit from the house.

So the scarity is indeed to the advantage. Just that its not as speculative unless its sentosa.

u2torneil
22-03-12, 09:38
Phase 5 last unit on the market asking for $2.88m by the developer (according to propertyguru ads).

ysyap
22-03-12, 10:13
Phase 5 last unit on the market asking for $2.88m by the developer (according to propertyguru ads).Wah price increase by 1mil in a short span of about 2 years. :cool:

fclim
22-03-12, 10:26
Wah price increase by 1mil in a short span of about 2 years. :cool:

Overpriced for a small land size at that location. Must ask those living in landed now whether they will trade their landed for this. Have lived in landed for many years. Personally, I find no big deal really. Still, many harbour a dream of owning landed.

ysyap
22-03-12, 10:40
Overpriced for a small land size at that location. Must ask those living in landed now whether they will trade their landed for this. Have lived in landed for many years. Personally, I find no big deal really. Still, many harbour a dream of owning landed.Its the prestige that comes along lah... anyway truly agreed that its way overpriced. My parent's place has a larger land area although its only 2 storeys but can't even hit $2mil resale asking price amid better location (IMO)... yes.. overpriced...

Sleepyhead
07-05-12, 21:59
Definitely overpriced. Plenty of other better options at that price.

But then again.... If you read the first few pages of this thread, you will see that people then thought that $1.8m was overpriced... And look who's laughing all the way to the bank now?

land118
07-05-12, 22:27
Overpriced for a small land size at that location. Must ask those living in landed now whether they will trade their landed for this. Have lived in landed for many years. Personally, I find no big deal really. Still, many harbour a dream of owning landed.
Nowadays, tis is what I personally called as modern landed, land squeeze and max out for built-up, leaving little or no land for garden but just a small car porch. Some developer even swap garden for a tiny pool. Quite different to what people used to enjoy living in landed where nice garden, grass keep the house surrounding cool.:2cents:

buttercarp
07-05-12, 22:48
Nowadays, tis is what I personally called as modern landed, land squeeze and max out for built-up, leaving little or no land for garden but just a small car porch. Some developer even swap garden for a tiny pool. Quite different to what people used to enjoy living in landed where nice garden, grass keep the house surrounding cool.:2cents:

Yup, those who have visited the showflat will know how small the back yard is.
http://leesohgeok.multiply.com/photos/album/4?&show_interstitial=1&u=%2Fphotos%2Falbum##photo=13

lajia
08-05-12, 10:12
Wah price increase by 1mil in a short span of about 2 years. :cool:

i think the developer definitely taking advantage of the situation and the fact that they slowly launching phase by phase also give them time to increase price...:)

look get the Woodhaven, the price two days ago for the townhouse was 3.1mil after discount, i can't believe it as the agent told me last year during launching, they were selling at 1.8mil. not sure if this is true but if it is true, then it has increased by 1.3mil within 1 yr?? And look at Pavillion Pk, they were almost increasing by 2-300k very phase and there seems no ending. all previous phases took their time to sell but it eventually sold out :eek:

mossyburger
08-05-12, 10:29
Yup, those who have visited the showflat will know how small the back yard is.
http://leesohgeok.multiply.com/photos/album/4?&show_interstitial=1&u=%2Fphotos%2Falbum##photo=13

Nah actually the back terrace and front small garden is quite adequate for some planting activity. If really super on about gardening can always plant a plantation on the huge roof terrace!

ysyap
08-05-12, 10:35
i think the developer definitely taking advantage of the situation and the fact that they slowly launching phase by phase also give them time to increase price...:)

look get the Woodhaven, the price two days ago for the townhouse was 3.1mil after discount, i can't believe it as the agent told me last year during launching, they were selling at 1.8mil. not sure if this is true but if it is true, then it has increased by 1.3mil within 1 yr?? And look at Pavillion Pk, they were almost increasing by 2-300k very phase and there seems no ending. all previous phases took their time to sell but it eventually sold out :eek:So now waiting for Luxus Hill to hit $3mil? Singaporeans have hidden piggy bank is it? :scared-4:

DC33_2008
08-05-12, 11:16
Do you think it will happen given such a distance from city and location?

ysyap
08-05-12, 11:22
Do you think it will happen given such a distance from city and location?3 years back, if you tell me Luxus Hill will hit $2.5mil, I will doubt. Now I'm quite convinced anything can happen. :scared-3:

buttercarp
08-05-12, 11:29
So now waiting for Luxus Hill to hit $3mil? Singaporeans have hidden piggy bank is it? :scared-4:

3 years back, if you tell me Luxus Hill will hit $2.5mil, I will doubt. Now I'm quite convinced anything can happen. :scared-3:

Me too.
In fact it is already going to happen.
People advertising for 3 mil.

DC33_2008
08-05-12, 11:31
Just becos of the hype of seletar aerospace park. Wait for downturn like our basically said.
3 years back, if you tell me Luxus Hill will hit $2.5mil, I will doubt. Now I'm quite convinced anything can happen. :scared-3:

stl67
08-05-12, 11:41

To be fair, Luxus hill is located very near to AMK and easily accessible via CTE. Now CTE's jam is not as bad as in the past, though ERP still in play lah. CTE's improvement is due to KJE and the new via duct at Braddell/Potong Pasir.

I use to stay in AMK.

DC33_2008
08-05-12, 11:54
Try driving along CTE towards AMK in evening and at night. Pay and yet stuck in jam even with more lanes now.
To be fair, Luxus hill is located very near to AMK and easily accessible via CTE. Now CTE's jam is not as bad as in the past, though ERP still in play lah. CTE's improvement is due to KJE and the new via duct at Braddell/Potong Pasir.

I use to stay in AMK.

ysyap
08-05-12, 12:30
Try driving along CTE towards AMK in evening and at night. Pay and yet stuck in jam even with more lanes now.Waiting for the new highway to open in 5 years' time?

wind30
08-05-12, 21:22
Try driving along CTE towards AMK in evening and at night. Pay and yet stuck in jam even with more lanes now.
I thought towards amk is better than towards city.

u2torneil
09-05-12, 02:41
The last known highest transacted price should $2.78M, not from the caveats but from the URA developer's sale records of $1722 psf x 1615 sqft. The last 1/2 unit in Phase 5 sold by developer is probably going to be $2.8-$2.9M ... $3M?!

Me too.
In fact it is already going to happen.
People advertising for 3 mil.

buttercarp
09-05-12, 08:42
The last known highest transacted price should $2.78M, not from the caveats but from the URA developer's sale records of $1722 psf x 1615 sqft. The last 1/2 unit in Phase 5 sold by developer is probably going to be $2.8-$2.9M ... $3M?!

The last 1-2 units by developer are the show flats with ID, that's why so expensive?

yowetan
09-05-12, 09:13
I like this development and would love to own one if I have the budget.

land118
09-05-12, 09:51
Limited supply of new landed, soon it will be $3m.., Bukit Sembawang is in no hurry to sell, they will slowly release and inch up their pricing....:2cents:

hyenergix
09-05-12, 11:52
High property prices are draining a lot of people of their disposable income and financial buffer. I think a lot of people will get hurt if there is really a price correction. We are riding on liquidity and low interest rates afterall.

buttercarp
09-05-12, 12:05
High property prices are draining a lot of people of their disposable income and financial buffer. I think a lot of people will get hurt if there is really a price correction. We are riding on liquidity and low interest rates afterall.

Yeah.... I fear for those who borrow to the hilt to buy property.
I was told by my parents that some of their malaysian friends were reduced to rags in the 1980's recession.

ysyap
09-05-12, 12:28
Golden rule in property investment... Holding power... don't over commit.:o

hyenergix
09-05-12, 12:39

Yeah, we are in a strange environment of crazy property prices.

The sparodic firesales of CCR properties and popularity of MM and EC in RCRs and OCRs have already signalled smaller pool of buyers deep pockets. The story of limited supply of landed property is alluring. However the higher the price, the more illiquid it will be.

By the way, we haven't got multimillion queen bee investments in manufacturing for quite some time.

roly8
09-05-12, 12:59

greed have no boundary ...so true:p

ysyap
09-05-12, 13:29
Yeah, we are in a strange environment of crazy property prices.

The sparodic firesales of CCR properties and popularity of MM and EC in RCRs and OCRs have already signalled smaller pool of buyers deep pockets. The story of limited supply of landed property is alluring. However the higher the price, the more illiquid it will be.

By the way, we haven't got multimillion queen bee investments in manufacturing for quite some time.Agreed that it is indeed strange... very strange... :rolleyes:

roly8
09-05-12, 13:55
Agreed that it is indeed strange... very strange... :rolleyes:
what strange?

price driven by inflation meh... lol:cheers1::cheers1:

but i would rather use the word 'crazy' to describe the current property price ..:hell-hath-no-fury:

stl67
09-05-12, 14:59

I used CTE from Outram and exit moulmien. I think the jam is much better than in the past. My time is about 6:20pm though. Agree lah, pay and still got jam can be quite frustrating.

DC33_2008
10-05-12, 08:53
You probably get stuck near st michael or along upper serangoon road. ;)
I used CTE from Outram and exit moulmien. I think the jam is much better than in the past. My time is about 6:20pm though. Agree lah, pay and still got jam can be quite frustrating.