PDA

View Full Version : Regent Heights - Bukit Batok

fooblackie
05-04-10, 09:46
Hi

Am currently considering to move near to the West to facilitate my child's primary school.

Any comments or feedbacks on the above?

I am currently staying in an EC so not really the "high" end dweller. A reasonable place near to the MRT will be enough for me.

I noted that the prices for Regent Hgts are pretty competitive in this region. Is there any particular reasons?

Appreciate your comments. Thanks!

sfwoo
05-04-10, 11:31
Some issues...next to mosque, OK if you need to pray there. Traffic jams heading towards PIE. FEO was developer, some people dun like them, quality of finish issues.99 years lease.

fooblackie
05-04-10, 11:46
Some issues...next to mosque, OK if you need to pray there. Traffic jams heading towards PIE. FEO was developer, some people dun like them, quality of finish issues.99 years lease.

Ya, noted that it is next mosque... is it really that noisy? perhaps a higher floor unit will be a solution...

Besides Parkview, this condo is probably the next most affordable in this area... so, just chancing upon it...

how are the units therein? they are mostly 2 bedrooms unit... wonder why?

sfwoo
05-04-10, 12:16
Ya, noted that it is next mosque... is it really that noisy? perhaps a higher floor unit will be a solution...

Besides Parkview, this condo is probably the next most affordable in this area... so, just chancing upon it...

how are the units therein? they are mostly 2 bedrooms unit... wonder why?
Once a week, on Fridays during lunchtime, traffic becomes chaotic, plus the whole month of Ramadan.

Actually, got a lot of bargains in Hillview, mostly older developments, closer to Mindef.

fooblackie
05-04-10, 17:20
Once a week, on Fridays during lunchtime, traffic becomes chaotic, plus the whole month of Ramadan.

Actually, got a lot of bargains in Hillview, mostly older developments, closer to Mindef.

thanks for the reply. I am looking ard $700k for a reasaonably sized condo. Cant be too small cos I got a small family. any recommendations for such budget?

The plus for Regent Hgts is that it is at least walkable distance to MRT. Although I drive, but still proximity to MRT conveniences everyone of family and visitors....

sfwoo
05-04-10, 20:32
thanks for the reply. I am looking ard $700k for a reasaonably sized condo. Cant be too small cos I got a small family. any recommendations for such budget?

The plus for Regent Hgts is that it is at least walkable distance to MRT. Although I drive, but still proximity to MRT conveniences everyone of family and visitors....

$700+K can get 3+1, but not near MRT, need to take shuttle bus service.

Regent Height about 15-20 mins walk to MRT, need to clear a gentle slope, which is OK on a cool day, but SIONG on a hot day(recently a lot of hot days).

Around Glendale(near MINDEF), got a few older condos, can walk to future MRT near Dairy Farm, like Hillview Park, Hillview Heights, a few yrs ago I saw a few units in these 2 condos going very cheaply, less than $600 psf, I dunno what is the price now, but can try to look out, cos condos are old, and cannot ask for premium.

fooblackie
06-04-10, 09:04
$700+K can get 3+1, but not near MRT, need to take shuttle bus service.

Regent Height about 15-20 mins walk to MRT, need to clear a gentle slope, which is OK on a cool day, but SIONG on a hot day(recently a lot of hot days).

Around Glendale(near MINDEF), got a few older condos, can walk to future MRT near Dairy Farm, like Hillview Park, Hillview Heights, a few yrs ago I saw a few units in these 2 condos going very cheaply, less than $600 psf, I dunno what is the price now, but can try to look out, cos condos are old, and cannot ask for premium.

thanks for the suggestions.. these condo are asking > $720psf... comfortably out of my budget....

i will try walking from r hgts to mrt one of these days to test... driving takes < 3min... so i expect walking to be < 10min... maybe upslope more siong like you said..

sfwoo
06-04-10, 09:43
thanks for the suggestions.. these condo are asking > $720psf... comfortably out of my budget....

i will try walking from r hgts to mrt one of these days to test... driving takes < 3min... so i expect walking to be < 10min... maybe upslope more siong like you said..

Wah, I did not expect run-down condos like Hillview Park and Hillview Heights to now ask for so much. I would give them a miss, too.

Walking from Regent Heights to MRT, I think 20 mins, unless forced march, but you will perspire like crazy upon arrival, only to find peak hour trains impossible to baord towards Jurong East, my record was 3 trains before I could squeeze up and it was body to body contact all the way to Jurong East, nice if it is a chio bu with nice perfume, terrible if you are up against somebody with BO.

Have you tried Hilltop Grove?

fooblackie
06-04-10, 10:18
Wah, I did not expect run-down condos like Hillview Park and Hillview Heights to now ask for so much. I would give them a miss, too.

Walking from Regent Heights to MRT, I think 20 mins, unless forced march, but you will perspire like crazy upon arrival, only to find peak hour trains impossible to baord towards Jurong East, my record was 3 trains before I could squeeze up and it was body to body contact all the way to Jurong East, nice if it is a chio bu with nice perfume, terrible if you are up against somebody with BO.

Have you tried Hilltop Grove?

hey, thanks for the various replies... very insightful...

was considering that a little bit... it is actually not too far from Gombak Mrt on paper.. wonder if it is "walkable" too? If comparable to regent hts, then it will be a pt of consideration...

also, while heard some nice comments on this development, some comments were that this is a LH development sitting around all the FHs, which will bring down its value... any truth in this view?

sfwoo
06-04-10, 10:53
hey, thanks for the various replies... very insightful...

was considering that a little bit... it is actually not too far from Gombak Mrt on paper.. wonder if it is "walkable" too? If comparable to regent hts, then it will be a pt of consideration...

also, while heard some nice comments on this development, some comments were that this is a LH development sitting around all the FHs, which will bring down its value... any truth in this view?
You cannot walk from Hilltop Grove to Gombak...to walk there, you come down Hillview Avenue minor road(downslope), walk up Jalan Remaja/Chu Lin Rd, upslope all the way, then climb hill, muddy tracks and all...it is cross country...come out on a muddy slope opposite stadium.

I used to live in Hilltop Grove, it is a lovely place. It is LH, but that makes it cheaper than the FH or 999 yrs developments around it. It is quiet, next to greenery, windy and pool is big.

fooblackie
06-04-10, 11:11
You cannot walk from Hilltop Grove to Gombak...to walk there, you come down Hillview Avenue minor road(downslope), walk up Jalan Remaja/Chu Lin Rd, upslope all the way, then climb hill, muddy tracks and all...it is cross country...come out on a muddy slope opposite stadium.

I used to live in Hilltop Grove, it is a lovely place. It is LH, but that makes it cheaper than the FH or 999 yrs developments around it. It is quiet, next to greenery, windy and pool is big.

this looks like a gd plc to call home... pretty similar to what i am staying at the moment - surrounded by greenaries haha..

just that wish to have something optional if wish to walk to a train station sometimes. for family as well as visitors.. right now, everyone coming to my plc is :doh:

the main motivation is to move somewhere west as I am planning ahead for my gal's pri sch. she has a confirmed plc in Nan Hua so anywhere in the west will do ... but i personally dislike jurong area... so next best is bukit batok or thereabouts... clementi prices is :banghead:

sfwoo
06-04-10, 11:30
this looks like a gd plc to call home... pretty similar to what i am staying at the moment - surrounded by greenaries haha..

just that wish to have something optional if wish to walk to a train station sometimes. for family as well as visitors.. right now, everyone coming to my plc is :doh:

the main motivation is to move somewhere west as I am planning ahead for my gal's pri sch. she has a confirmed plc in Nan Hua so anywhere in the west will do ... but i personally dislike jurong area... so next best is bukit batok or thereabouts... clementi prices is :banghead:

Got a few children in Hilltop go to Nan Hua, school bus comes.

Got shuttle service to Bkt Batok MRT, but pay per trip, dunno how much, may be $1+. Runs quite frequently, and those who dun drive find this bus useful.

I had to move cos I needed a bigger place, otherwise, it is a really nice place to live in and to go home to.

Wild Falcon
06-04-10, 23:17
I think it is not that "walkable" under the hot sun but should be "walkable" at night... I've been there before to play tennis with my tennis kakis. Pretty nice development. But I've never been inside a unit though but the landscaping is beautiful with many water features. Biggest drawback is 99LH. Personally I find Far East quality quite good and will rank them above City Development.

fooblackie
07-04-10, 08:38
I think it is not that "walkable" under the hot sun but should be "walkable" at night... I've been there before to play tennis with my tennis kakis. Pretty nice development. But I've never been inside a unit though but the landscaping is beautiful with many water features. Biggest drawback is 99LH. Personally I find Far East quality quite good and will rank them above City Development.

Thanks for the feedback... think the problem is that most of the walking journey to the MRT will be shelter-less. I still reckon the time to MRT should be 10 min thereabouts... hopefully i can test it out one day if I am really keen on a unit there.

Guess the LH issue cannot be addressed based on my budget... :ashamed1:

greenhorn
07-04-10, 10:01
Suggest you consider Parc Palais 2 bdrm for your budget. FH, good quality & maintainance, SBS bus 173 goes direct to NHPS, future MRT, etc. Good place to live with nice big environment. Wiser to go for Hume Ave (Dist 21) condo with superior resale value than Bt Batok LH99 condo.

fooblackie
07-04-10, 10:32
Suggest you consider Parc Palais 2 bdrm for your budget. FH, good quality & maintainance, SBS bus 173 goes direct to NHPS, future MRT, etc. Good place to live with nice big environment. Wiser to go for Hume Ave (Dist 21) condo with superior resale value than Bt Batok LH99 condo.

thanks for the recommend. checked PP, they are all asking > 800k... the mkt asking has moved very noticeably in the last few weeks i guess... even my humble EC is all asking at least $750k... so, guess i have to source for the same price ppty...

anyone heard of century mansions? it is a small 999 LH development which is relatively near to the new Hillview MRT... the psf is surprisingly low $600 plus....

ipspassion
07-04-10, 20:25
Viewed century mansions before. It is rather old looking. Price is definitely very attractive. Opposite Lam Soon factory, but along the road, so easy walk to bus stop. Beside another factory. I don't think anyone would swim in the swimming pool. Not much facilities. Basically, it you need a place to stay and don't mind about the surrounding and facilities, then it is okay. Better for rental, but I also don't know if anyone want to rent that place since there are many rental options around hillview area.
Lastly, probably buy to hope for enbloc or hoping that the factories will go away someday. I believe that people staying around there hope so. Anyone know about the status of those factories?

fooblackie
08-04-10, 09:50
Viewed century mansions before. It is rather old looking. Price is definitely very attractive. Opposite Lam Soon factory, but along the road, so easy walk to bus stop. Beside another factory. I don't think anyone would swim in the swimming pool. Not much facilities. Basically, it you need a place to stay and don't mind about the surrounding and facilities, then it is okay. Better for rental, but I also don't know if anyone want to rent that place since there are many rental options around hillview area.
Lastly, probably buy to hope for enbloc or hoping that the factories will go away someday. I believe that people staying around there hope so. Anyone know about the status of those factories?

also realised that Century has no view... beside a factory and opposite a factory :sleep:

but the price for this 999LH is certainly attractive.... somemore along hillview and will be near to the proposed hillview mrt...

another choice will be Hillview 128.. also pretty attractive price for a FH... think also cos it is near factories?

sfwoo
08-04-10, 10:14
another choice will be Hillview 128.. also pretty attractive price for a FH... think also cos it is near factories?

The swimming pool in Hillview 128 is pathetically small. There is no landscaping to talk of. The units are small in size. It is right next to a block of flatted factory for light industry(can hear machining work going on sometimes)...I would give it a miss.

fooblackie
08-04-10, 17:03
The swimming pool in Hillview 128 is pathetically small. There is no landscaping to talk of. The units are small in size. It is right next to a block of flatted factory for light industry(can hear machining work going on sometimes)...I would give it a miss.

that bad meh? but given its FH status and pricing, sounds very attractive...

any enbloc opportunities with that factory? may well be the gem which is hidden?

sfwoo
08-04-10, 20:05
that bad meh? but given its FH status and pricing, sounds very attractive...

any enbloc opportunities with that factory? may well be the gem which is hidden?
Got money also won't buy.

fooblackie
09-04-10, 11:46
Got money also won't buy.

wah, looks like i got to double up my efforts to search for a unit liao... someone offered close to my asking.. so, my unit may be sold soon...

any comments of these CCK condos - (my budget is ard $700k)

1. The warren - looks like will be a small 3Br unit - 1000sqf thereabts
2. Palm Gardens - ard $710k for a 1200sqft 3 Br
3. Regent Grove - ard $710k for a 1150 sgft 3 br
4. Regent hts - ard $730k for a 1150sqft 3br

wat will make the most sense... assuming this is for my own stay and not for investment purposes...

sfwoo
09-04-10, 11:58
wah, looks like i got to double up my efforts to search for a unit liao... someone offered close to my asking.. so, my unit may be sold soon...

any comments of these CCK condos - (my budget is ard $700k)

1. The warren - looks like will be a small 3Br unit - 1000sqf thereabts
2. Palm Gardens - ard $710k for a 1200sqft 3 Br
3. Regent Grove - ard $710k for a 1150 sgft 3 br
4. Regent hts - ard $730k for a 1150sqft 3br

wat will make the most sense... assuming this is for my own stay and not for investment purposes...

To go Nan Hua...Regent Heights is closest.

I dun like Regent Grove, homogeneous tiles, multistorey carpark with some units having headlights shone at them, and Yew Tee is very far from Nan Hua.

Palm Gardens got very nice resort feel in the common areas, but also further to Nan Hua.

The Warren, never go and see before.

fooblackie
09-04-10, 14:37
To go Nan Hua...Regent Heights is closest.

I dun like Regent Grove, homogeneous tiles, multistorey carpark with some units having headlights shone at them, and Yew Tee is very far from Nan Hua.

Palm Gardens got very nice resort feel in the common areas, but also further to Nan Hua.

The Warren, never go and see before.

Guess why I think Palm gardens is a gd in-bet as it is not as far as Yew Tee. It seems possible to walk to MRT if not, can take LRT for a couple of stops.

will arrange to take a look soon i guess. regent hgts too...

Wild Falcon
09-04-10, 18:31
Those are not factories - just small offices and warehouses. I don't think they produce anything there. But for Hillview, the ones near Mindef are definitely superior lah - in terms of environment, convenience and future MRT.

also realised that Century has no view... beside a factory and opposite a factory :sleep:

but the price for this 999LH is certainly attractive.... somemore along hillview and will be near to the proposed hillview mrt...

Wild Falcon
09-04-10, 18:35
I have seen a unit in Palm Gardens many years back. The layout is really odd with a small hall and a lot of wasted space. The interior finishing is also rather mediocre. The biggest attraction is the bowling alley :) . If need to choose, I would prefer Regent Heights environment and landscaping.

Guess why I think Palm gardens is a gd in-bet as it is not as far as Yew Tee. It seems possible to walk to MRT if not, can take LRT for a couple of stops.

will arrange to take a look soon i guess. regent hgts too...

fooblackie
12-04-10, 10:01
I have seen a unit in Palm Gardens many years back. The layout is really odd with a small hall and a lot of wasted space. The interior finishing is also rather mediocre. The biggest attraction is the bowling alley :) . If need to choose, I would prefer Regent Heights environment and landscaping.

My wife and I went into P Gdns last sat to look at the surrounding. W/o benefit of looking into the units yet (currently arranging), here are the feedbacks:-

Pros-
- Quiet and peaceful, even on a sat evening. Only a handful of children and old folks running around the pool and playground
- the landscapping is pretty impressive and looks ok-maintained for a 10-yr condo. Lot of open space and greenaries
- undergound carpark
- 2 entrances and exits to the condo - to avoid bottlenecks during peak hours
- some nearby amenenities are around - food, wet market
- LRT station nearby. 2 stops from CCK. I believe it is 'walkable" from CCK. Shld be < 10min walk.

Cons -
- Security was lax. We went in w/o being checked.
- appears that the evening sun will be an issue for a proportion of the units. Could see the sun hitting many units' living room.
- A vacanted army camp is nearby with some left-behind buidlings. Quite an eye-sore so have to ensure that the unit does not face it directly or is high enough to avoid direct view

overall, looks not bad especially for the price. so shld taking a look at units and see how they are laid out. From some online pics, looks like they like split the dinning area from the living room... so that's why it may seem to waste space? got to see then confirm...

shoobie
24-04-10, 14:40
Hi fooblackie, we are also looking around for a 3BR at a bedget of 700+k.....seems like Regent heights is one of the best bet...have not seen Palm garden before though. We see your next posting...if its really good, maybe I will also go take a look there...:)

My wife and I went into P Gdns last sat to look at the surrounding. W/o benefit of looking into the units yet (currently arranging), here are the feedbacks:-

Pros-
- Quiet and peaceful, even on a sat evening. Only a handful of children and old folks running around the pool and playground
- the landscapping is pretty impressive and looks ok-maintained for a 10-yr condo. Lot of open space and greenaries
- undergound carpark
- 2 entrances and exits to the condo - to avoid bottlenecks during peak hours
- some nearby amenenities are around - food, wet market
- LRT station nearby. 2 stops from CCK. I believe it is 'walkable" from CCK. Shld be < 10min walk.

Cons -
- Security was lax. We went in w/o being checked.
- appears that the evening sun will be an issue for a proportion of the units. Could see the sun hitting many units' living room.
- A vacanted army camp is nearby with some left-behind buidlings. Quite an eye-sore so have to ensure that the unit does not face it directly or is high enough to avoid direct view

overall, looks not bad especially for the price. so shld taking a look at units and see how they are laid out. From some online pics, looks like they like split the dinning area from the living room... so that's why it may seem to waste space? got to see then confirm...

shoobie
26-04-10, 22:04
Seen Regent Heights and Palm Garden yesterday. Outlook wise, prefer PG. But in term of floor layout, still prefer RH. Seems like PG has more local le, coz when we were there in RH there's a lot of Filipinos hanging around BBQing. But for PG, more locals bringing their kids for a swim and old folks hanging around the pool. So now is whether to settle for a good layout or good surroundings??:doh:

Wild Falcon
27-04-10, 10:03
Filipinos "FT" are fine people who work in the services industry. They are actually house proud and v good tenants who will look after your place. I suspect Regent Hts would hv a fairly big proportion of locals as well..... I think good layout is important but at the end of the day, it's up to you :)

Seen Regent Heights and Palm Garden yesterday. Outlook wise, prefer PG. But in term of floor layout, still prefer RH. Seems like PG has more local le, coz when we were there in RH there's a lot of Filipinos hanging around BBQing. But for PG, more locals bringing their kids for a swim and old folks hanging around the pool. So now is whether to settle for a good layout or good surroundings??:doh:

Douk
27-04-10, 13:57

In future, probably only HDB with the race/PR quota control has better spread of locals and foreigners. ;)

We better start to adapt living in the same neighbourhood with foreigners.

Regulators
27-04-10, 14:17
Be extremely careful about buying Regent Heights. My friend just sold her regent heights 3 bedder and she had been living there for 10 years. The following are the list of problems:

1) the workmanship for the project is poor and she said that partition between certain walls are partition board and not even concrete.
2) the central heater is hidden and unreachable without hacking, a rather strange feature i thought (u need to confirm that)
3) The surrounding area is very poorly maintained and the lifts at the multi-storey carpark have been vandalised without being repaired for some time
4) Too many strange people walking in and out of the condo and you won't feel like you are living in a Singapore property
5) Go to every lift lobby and see the number of bicycles parked there and you will think twice about living there. The bicycles are messily strewn all over the place and many are rusty bicycles. We are not talking about a few bicycles here and there, we are talking about 30-40 bicycles at the lobbies, making the entire place look so cheapskate coz you see parapoondeks and mainlanders paddling to and from work everyday in their rusty 2 wheelers.
6) The last time I went there, the trees in the projects were not well-maintained as well. Sometimes dead leaves everywhere and not swept by the management.

My conclusion for this project....:doh: :doh: :doh:

shoobie
27-04-10, 15:38
In future, probably only HDB with the race/PR quota control has better spread of locals and foreigners. ;)

We better start to adapt living in the same neighbourhood with foreigners.

Ya, I guess I must totally agreed with you that we must learn to live with foreigners. Anyway, that's not in our consideration factor la...just a comment. Think overall, still ok la...talk to the guards and cleaners they all have very good feedbacks on the residents there in general...so think should be fine la...Afterall, its all about getting used to it....;)

fooblackie
30-04-10, 16:24
Be extremely careful about buying Regent Heights. My friend just sold her regent heights 3 bedder and she had been living there for 10 years. The following are the list of problems:

1) the workmanship for the project is poor and she said that partition between certain walls are partition board and not even concrete.
2) the central heater is hidden and unreachable without hacking, a rather strange feature i thought (u need to confirm that)
3) The surrounding area is very poorly maintained and the lifts at the multi-storey carpark have been vandalised without being repaired for some time
4) Too many strange people walking in and out of the condo and you won't feel like you are living in a Singapore property
5) Go to every lift lobby and see the number of bicycles parked there and you will think twice about living there. The bicycles are messily strewn all over the place and many are rusty bicycles. We are not talking about a few bicycles here and there, we are talking about 30-40 bicycles at the lobbies, making the entire place look so cheapskate coz you see parapoondeks and mainlanders paddling to and from work everyday in their rusty 2 wheelers.
6) The last time I went there, the trees in the projects were not well-maintained as well. Sometimes dead leaves everywhere and not swept by the management.

My conclusion for this project....:doh: :doh: :doh:

Cant agree more. Went to view RH a week ago. The facilities are really bad for a condo of only 10 yrs... the 1st thing that hit me was the carpark and lift. wah, make me think this is a 15 yrs hdb! The corridors are dark and narrow.

the spaciousness of the units are undoubtly RH's greatest draw. unbelievable size of hall, rooms etc. But........ the units i saw are all quite badly maintained.. probably contributed by poor workmanship of dev.

I walked from RH to MRT. abt 8min. So this is a plus.

I fail to see much amenities around RH. so, unless you are prepared to walk 8 min to B. Batok central or drive everytime, pls take caution.

For asking price above 650 psf, i think this looks a risky buy in all aspects...

Veryln
01-05-10, 00:37
Is Parkview Apartment at Bt Batok St 25 a good buy? Saw the agents promoting it aggressively. Saying it is en bloc potential. :confused:

Regulators
01-05-10, 03:37
if regent heights is bad, parkview is a lot worse. dont get attracted to it just becoz it is cheap. this dev is simply crap beyond words.

Is Parkview Apartment at Bt Batok St 25 a good buy? Saw the agents promoting it aggressively. Saying it is en bloc potential. :confused:

sfwoo
01-05-10, 09:41

Enbloc?

For successful en bloc, need to have large area with few low lying blocks, that can redevelop into higher blocks with more units, preferably freehold.

Parkview CMI for en bloc.

The free form pool is quite nice, but thats about it for Parkview.

Driving out from Parkview towards PIE is a nightmare during morning rush hour. Try filtering into lane that has vehicles bumper to bumper at a stand still, and every driver stressed out until dun wanna give way.

Veryln
03-05-10, 09:33
yup, agreed the jam during rush hours. this apartment used to sell 400k last year, now it's about 650-700k. so i can't think why others would buy it at this price?

Enbloc?

For successful en bloc, need to have large area with few low lying blocks, that can redevelop into higher blocks with more units, preferably freehold.

Parkview CMI for en bloc.

The free form pool is quite nice, but thats about it for Parkview.

Driving out from Parkview towards PIE is a nightmare during morning rush hour. Try filtering into lane that has vehicles bumper to bumper at a stand still, and every driver stressed out until dun wanna give way.

fooblackie
10-05-10, 17:55
Hi fooblackie, we are also looking around for a 3BR at a bedget of 700+k.....seems like Regent heights is one of the best bet...have not seen Palm garden before though. We see your next posting...if its really good, maybe I will also go take a look there...:)

finally closed a deal for a unit at PG. about $590 psf for 3BR. Guess not bad cos this is a top-flr unit. We prefered PG as the development gives a comfortable feeling. The externals are well-maintained. Pte lifts are quite a luxury and maintainence fees are about $800 per quarter. So, quite manageable. The size of the units is something to live with. For a small family, i think still ok. It is walking distance to CCK mrt too. There is a wet mkt within 5 min walk too.

An agent tried to psycho me to take a unit at RH for 750k, 25th flr. She kept saying she is able to give this price. I seriously doubt it cos the owner was asking $788k.

If you are interested, I can pass you her contacts. She is super persistent type of agent. Calls me everyday type. So proceed at your own risk and I cannot gurantee your safety haha.

We have serious concerns with the RH development as a whole so we didnt consider. The single entrance, car park, lifts, lots of people walking around the estate, lots of non-chinese folks, beside a mosque (traffic + noise issues) turn me off. If you can live with these matters and are attracted to the location in Bukit batok, i think this is a gd buy. The view of Guilin at 25 flr is superb! Walking distance to West mall (8min - tried and tested personally).

Reporter
10-05-10, 18:07
finally closed a deal for a unit at PG. about $590 psf for 3BR. Guess not bad cos this is a top-flr unit. We prefered PG as the development gives a comfortable feeling. The externals are well-maintained. Pte lifts are quite a luxury and maintainence fees are about $800 per quarter. So, quite manageable. The size of the units is something to live with. For a small family, i think still ok. It is walking distance to CCK mrt too. There is a wet mkt within 5 min walk too.

An agent tried to psycho me to take a unit at RH for 750k, 25th flr. She kept saying she is able to give this price. I seriously doubt it cos the owner was asking $788k.

If you are interested, I can pass you her contacts. She is super persistent type of agent. Calls me everyday type. So proceed at your own risk and I cannot gurantee your safety haha.

We have serious concerns with the RH development as a whole so we didnt consider. The single entrance, car park, lifts, lots of people walking around the estate, lots of non-chinese folks, beside a mosque (traffic + noise issues) turn me off. If you can live with these matters and are attracted to the location in Bukit batok, i think this is a gd buy. The view of Guilin at 25 flr is superb! Walking distance to West mall (8min - tried and tested personally).
Congratulations on your Palm Green purchase!

Wild Falcon
11-05-10, 11:38
Congratulations! Love the bowling alley - it's very unique :)

shoobie
11-05-10, 17:23
Congrats on your PG buy. Is it a #12 unit? Seen a few units there...like it but location not suitable for us. Now decided to go further up west to be near my parents, so that the folks need not have to travel so far to see their grandchildren...:) So am looking at summerdale and floravale. Hope to get a suitable unit though alot of comments on those development but personally seen it a few times and we find it ok for us. :rolleyes:

fooblackie
11-05-10, 21:20
Congrats on your PG buy. Is it a #12 unit? Seen a few units there...like it but location not suitable for us. Now decided to go further up west to be near my parents, so that the folks need not have to travel so far to see their grandchildren...:) So am looking at summerdale and floravale. Hope to get a suitable unit though alot of comments on those development but personally seen it a few times and we find it ok for us. :rolleyes:

We bought a #17... surprised that not all #17 are penthouses...haha...

got to see the units and dev before forming an opinion... we were so interested in R hgts until we saw the development... it was a no go :beats-me-man:

hope you can find a gd place.. i recommend speed cos the mkt does not seems that it will cool down anytime soon...

panda_bear
28-05-13, 12:56
Just wondering if anybody got come across good agent doing this estate.

Thinking of renting my 2 Bedroom out.