PDA

View Full Version : The Estuary

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

richardsng_era
22-08-09, 21:27
Spanning a land area of 290,077 sq ft, the leasehold site in the well-developed Yishun Town offers a breathtakingly unobstructed view of Lower Seletar Reservoir. Only a 10-minute walk from Khatib MRT Station, transportation convenience is further enhanced by its accessibility to major arterial roads and expressways such as Seletar Expressway and Central Expressway. Recreational amenities in the vicinity consist of the Town Centre, Yishun Sports Complex and North Point Shopping Centre, and well-known schools in the neighbourhood include Peiying Primary School, Chung Cheng High School and Yishun Junior College.

Buyers, Email or SMS with your name & email address to register for the launch.

Allthepies
24-08-09, 13:30
Spanning a land area of 290,077 sq ft, the leasehold site in the well-developed Yishun Town offers a breathtakingly unobstructed view of Lower Seletar Reservoir. Only a 10-minute walk from Khatib MRT Station, transportation convenience is further enhanced by its accessibility to major arterial roads and expressways such as Seletar Expressway and Central Expressway. Recreational amenities in the vicinity consist of the Town Centre, Yishun Sports Complex and North Point Shopping Centre, and well-known schools in the neighbourhood include Peiying Primary School, Chung Cheng High School and Yishun Junior College.

Buyers, Email or SMS with your name & email address to register for the launch.

how much? another >1000psf development in the suburb?

Condorich
24-08-09, 13:55
how much? another >1000psf development in the suburb?

Not going to be that high... price likely to be from

750 psf onwards low floor no view (stadium view?)
800 psf low floor pool view
850 psf mid floor pool view, reserviour view
900 psf and above high floor, reserviour view

Wait for launch and it will be known. Unless you have insider information or they are going to release it to public. The above are my guesses... your guess is as good as mine.

jonleelk
24-08-09, 14:04

Wait for launch and it will be known. Unless you have insider information or they are going to release it to public. The above are my guesses... your guess is as good as mine.

MCL should market the no view units as "Free S-League Football Match View". :D

tanumy
24-08-09, 14:06
no point buy there. Buy at simei near singapore 4th uni and changi business park. Double bay condo left few units. Low price and high return n rental. gr8 opportunity

Condorich
24-08-09, 16:24
no point buy there. Buy at simei near singapore 4th uni and changi business park. Double bay condo left few units. Low price and high return n rental. gr8 opportunity

You live in DBR world only. That is the sole and only project that is worth investing.. People like you give DBR a bad name.

Daniel Foo
24-08-09, 17:01

What are the better units for DBR since you seemed to be so "passionate" about DBR? Asking the whole world to buy there.

Which stack you have for sale?
List them out at least so that we know what you are talking about.
You keep pn saying good good good, p/s substantiate with facts at least..

:doh:

KarenK
24-08-09, 17:04
MCL should market the no view units as "Free S-League Football Match View". :D

.....good one! :cool-punk-headbange

I'm also wondering abt the alleged 10-min walk from khatib mrt stn. will scrutinise the distance this evening while on my way home. my impression is that it's more like a 20-min walk or if it's 10-min, it'll be more like a brisk walk/jog.....

tanumy
24-08-09, 17:11
location good...... facilities good,,,, price also good.

What are the better units for DBR since you seemed to be so "passionate" about DBR? Asking the whole world to buy there.

Which stack you have for sale?
List them out at least so that we know what you are talking about.
You keep pn saying good good good, p/s substantiate with facts at least..

:doh:

Condorich
24-08-09, 17:15

Sing song also good...
talk cock also good...
Lousy also say good...
It's multi-storey car park u know?

Daniel Foo
24-08-09, 17:17

If everything is good, why it is still not fully sold?
P/s explain.......:scared-4:

EBD
24-08-09, 18:40

cos people heard tunamy living there:):):)

tanumy
24-08-09, 19:22
left only few units of penthouse and few 3 bedroom on lower floor. First 6 mts was on position number 2 for selling highest.

Condorich
24-08-09, 19:37
left only few units of penthouse and few 3 bedroom on lower floor. First 6 mts was on position number 2 for selling highest.

Yes, that was then... all good (smaller units) and better ones (cheaper) taken.. balance ones are not so good and more expansive.. there you have it...

As compared to others that is sold out within a day or two or a week... DBR is not that good but I would say that this is a low risk project. Not too bad for the existing buyers. Let us know when it is sold out since you are trying so hard to promote it.

jonleelk
24-08-09, 22:35
.....good one! :cool-punk-headbange

I'm also wondering abt the alleged 10-min walk from khatib mrt stn. will scrutinise the distance this evening while on my way home. my impression is that it's more like a 20-min walk or if it's 10-min, it'll be more like a brisk walk/jog.....

10min should be about there. It is one bus-stop from khatib MRT.

KarenK
25-08-09, 08:41
10min should be about there. It is one bus-stop from khatib MRT.

2 bus-stops......I checked this morning on my way to khatib mrt.....

azeoprop
25-08-09, 12:49
The only setback is the heavy traffic noise and mrt noise, the lentor ave yishun ave1/2 junction has heavy traffic round the clock. But the reservoir view is fantastic, one of the best views a mass market condo can get. :rolleyes:

jonleelk
25-08-09, 13:33
2 bus-stops......I checked this morning on my way to khatib mrt.....

oops...sorrie me. :ashamed1:

Condorich
25-08-09, 14:01
The only setback is the heavy traffic noise and mrt noise, the lentor ave yishun ave1/2 junction has heavy traffic round the clock. But the reservoir view is fantastic, one of the best views a mass market condo can get. :rolleyes:

Those views will come at a premium. You must ask yourself... after a long day at work.. what matters is the room ambience and not the outside view.. The whole area should be peaceful and quiet and better with a cooling breeze... not the view. Orchid park has a better view to speak of.

I would think that a multi storey carpark will be built to save cost and the units will be priced affordably. But then again... I could be wrong. It will be announced soon...

KarenK
25-08-09, 14:02

don't forget the noise from Yishun stadium when there are football matches or some such events there.......

u can only get reservoir view from the higher floors. for the lower floors, there is a big road which u will be looking at before u even look at the reservoir........:o

azeoprop
25-08-09, 14:20
If only they could price it like Caspian...580psf...then i will be the first 1 in the Q haa haa. :rolleyes:

sleek
25-08-09, 14:22
If only they could price it like Caspian...580psf...then i will be the first 1 in the Q haa haa. :rolleyes:

Psst.. bro! Ready to get another unit? ;)

blackswan
25-08-09, 14:49
Its one bus stop.....not 2.
For those whom want to have a taste of how noisy it will be....
Go to the HDB block further in Yishun Ave 1, just beside the stadium and facing the reservoir and at the highest floor.

If you think its noisy......just imagine this new project which is directly at the junction (a very very very busy junction).

However, I have no doubt the view will be great (what else with the reservoir in front) and the environment is not too bad too (green everywhere, and Khatib Town Centre is within walking distance, lots of things to eat, got Sheng Song and NTUC, McDonald, 2 coffeeshops, numerous other Zhi Cha stalls around).

KarenK
25-08-09, 16:40
Its one bus stop.....not 2.
For those whom want to have a taste of how noisy it will be....
Go to the HDB block further in Yishun Ave 1, just beside the stadium and facing the reservoir and at the highest floor.

If you think its noisy......just imagine this new project which is directly at the junction (a very very very busy junction).

However, I have no doubt the view will be great (what else with the reservoir in front) and the environment is not too bad too (green everywhere, and Khatib Town Centre is within walking distance, lots of things to eat, got Sheng Song and NTUC, McDonald, 2 coffeeshops, numerous other Zhi Cha stalls around).

depends on how u count -
1st bus-stop: on opposite side of the road from Yishun Sports Stadium
2nd bus-stop: 30m before Khatib MRT
.....hence my conclusion that it's 2 bus-stops

however agree with u that view will be great but noise level will be terrible. don't forget the helicopters from nearby sembawang airbase flying up & down day & nite too........

BB
25-08-09, 19:37
Cannot buy too many noise. Will be one of the worst development in term of noise pollution. If want view, buy the condo beside.
- Noise from Major Junction
- Noise from Yishun Ave 1
- Noise from Yishun Ave 2
- Noise from MRT track
- Noise from stadium
- Noise from helicopter

cndomay
25-08-09, 20:11
Cannot buy too many noise. Will be one of the worst development in term of noise pollution. If want view, buy the condo beside.
- Noise from MRT track
- Noise from stadium
- Noise from helicopter

How about posting a map.

Yishun Sapphire and Yishun Emerald were very slow to sell. Is this indicative of Yishun value.

Condorich
26-08-09, 00:24
How about posting a map.

Yishun Sapphire and Yishun Emerald were very slow to sell. Is this indicative of Yishun value.

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=7444

cndomay
26-08-09, 05:24
Thanks. There's a double thread.

The fuss abt noise.....agree for units closest to the main road, where the main vehicular traffic for Yishun New Town has to traverse.

Faintly rememebered that for the road towards Orchid Park, the traffic would have dropped to a sleepy level.

The reservoir view is even better than Bedok Reservoir ( natural & lots of greenery) ?

However, the post also mentioned that MCL need to sell at $850 and above to breakeven. That's a new high for Yishun.

wadexu
26-08-09, 16:35
Anybody want to buy there better to stay in Orchid park beside a few days to see if can bear the noise from Yishun Ave 2, especially the motor bike at the wee hour.

I was living in Orchid park few years back. can't make it even on the air-con, close the windows all the time at night.

This new site got Ave 2, MRT track beside Ave1. :doh::doh::doh:

Bieffe
27-08-09, 12:42
All launching higher and higher price...bubble getting bigger and bigger...until Mr Mah Pokes it!

Pls don't sell such a thing for $800+/psf

But then there are ppl with ready cheque to buy.

cndomay
27-08-09, 20:56
Anybody want to buy there better to stay in Orchid park beside a few days to see if can bear the noise from Yishun Ave 2, especially the motor bike at the wee hour.

I was living in Orchid park few years back. can't make it even on the air-con, close the windows all the time at night.

This new site got Ave 2, MRT track beside Ave1. :doh::doh::doh:

A condo affected by traffic noise is not a good buy.

What happened to our world class urban planners. why reserve land for condo so close to main arterial traffic.

Condorich
28-08-09, 06:30
The land is released according to a predetermined criteria...

Near Junction is also land that can be used and shall be used. If that is the case... the earlier it is released, the better it is as better land could be sold at a later date at a higher price. It has soemthing to do with the sequence of releasing land parcels.

Imagine if good land is released first versus a not so good land later... The price of not so good land will be lower or should not be higher as compared to the better one. However, if done in the correct order, land prices will keep going up.

kurby
28-08-09, 08:54
The noise from the MRT is the killer....as the system ages, the noise gets louder....

Condorich
29-08-09, 01:07
The distance away from MRT tracks are not as close as some other condo's.... caspain is nearer... The good thing is that it is near a recreational park.

The stadium noise could be an issue to note also..

But at whatever price.... sure got people to jump in and buy... 10% to 20% take up no problem... demand coming from those who wish to upgrade or need a new home in Yishun. Beyond 80% it is harder to find new buyers...

Lao Hu
30-08-09, 00:13
Went to the actual site and went up Blk 816 beside the site.
1. Scenery +++++ (A lot of greeny)
2. Park facility +++++ (A lot of new reservior facilities building in progress)
3. Distance from MRT ++ (10 mins walk by me to Khatib MRT)
4. Distance to supermarket/shops ++ (10 mins walk too)
5. Distance to TOTO station ++++ (2 mins walk to stadium Singapore Pools)
5. Noise ----- (The noise from Ave 1 was unbearable, no need to even talk about MRT, Helicopter noise as well as stadium events), somemore free noise from Multi-Purpose Hall which was having an event.

My :2cents:

Lao Hu
30-08-09, 00:16
Btw, saw some construction next to Blk 816. It's seem that the showroom going to be built there. Should be selling soon. :cool:

azeoprop
30-08-09, 19:55
Then maybe buy blk 816 better haa haa....:p

ksh
08-09-09, 11:26
All launching higher and higher price...bubble getting bigger and bigger...until Mr Mah Pokes it!

Pls don't sell such a thing for $800+/psf

But then there are ppl with ready cheque to buy.

At 800+psf is unsustainable, 700-750 may be more reasonable.

tokbooncheng
12-09-09, 22:47
At 800+psf is unsustainable, 700-750 may be more reasonable.

IMO anything above 700psf is unreasonable... in Yishun
but now any unreasonable price is possible

ksh
29-09-09, 16:55
No news...:witches-brew:

jonleelk
29-09-09, 18:20
No news...:witches-brew:

showroom still only has Ibeams...will need quite a while to get it up.

Reporter
05-11-09, 17:24
http://www.h88.com.sg/images/h88_masthead_logo.jpg
Upcoming Yishun condo named
H88
Thursday, 5 November 2009, 17:26

http://www.h88.com.sg/images/content/2009-11-05/estuary_location.jpg

Finally we have a name for this condo! Do you know how tiring it is to always say 'The new Yishun condo facing the reservoir' ? Now we can say The Estuary, the Yishun condo facing the reservoir'.

Yes, MCL Land has finally named it. News is that it's coming up in the first quarter next year. Price yet unknown, but they paid record prices for it back in March 2008.

At $350 psf ppr for the 99-year leasehold plot of land, it set the benchmark for Yishun prices back then. We hear analysts rate the selling price to be around the $840 psf range.

The closest MRT is Khatib MRT (around 946m away or 10 to 15 min walk). It faces the beautiful, serene Lower Seletar Reservoir. However, it's right next to an MRT track and Yishun Avenue 2 is notoriously jammed during rush hour.

tokbooncheng
05-11-09, 21:46
H88

Finally we have a name for this condo! Do you know how tiring it is to always say 'The new Yishun condo facing the reservoir' ? Now we can say The Estuary, the Yishun condo facing the reservoir'.

Yes, MCL Land has finally named it. News is that it's coming up in the first quarter next year. Price yet unknown, but they paid record prices for it back in March 2008.

At $350 psf ppr for the 99-year leasehold plot of land, it set the benchmark for Yishun prices back then. We hear analysts rate the selling price to be around the $840 psf range.

The closest MRT is Khatib MRT (around 946m away or 10 to 15 min walk). It faces the beautiful, serene Lower Seletar Reservoir. However, it's right next to an MRT track and Yishun Avenue 2 is notoriously jammed during rush hour.

Wow... 840psf ??? Which translate into near to a million for a 3 bedroom.
Price near to Clover at the park in Bishan...
haha maybe by then Yishun's 5bedroom hdb can sell for 600k liao

azeoprop
05-11-09, 22:04
Omg....to think that Yishun emerald, sapphire and orchid park all last time selling at around 400psf only. :doh:

tboonk
05-11-09, 22:24
H88

I did live in Yishun for more than 15 years and do not think that Ave 2 is jammed even at rush hour. It could be quite heavy but definitely not jammed.

kale
06-11-09, 17:19
no worries, there will still be gundoos buying at this price :cheers6:...... another centro in the making

Omg....to think that Yishun emerald, sapphire and orchid park all last time selling at around 400psf only. :doh:

Kenshinto80
06-11-09, 20:27
no worries, there will still be gundoos buying at this price :cheers6:...... another centro in the making

If people have money and think it is worthwhile to buy, then okie lor..but no need call people names mah. Looks like you are frustrated with the high prices of properties. If one think Yishun is not worth it, then wait for it to drop to 500psf then buy lor. But the wait will be long I guess.

BB
06-11-09, 20:50
Better think twice before buying this condo. Would like to remind all the following again.
- Noise from MRT track
- Noise from stadium
- Noise from helicopter

KarenK
09-11-09, 08:40
Better think twice before buying this condo. Would like to remind all the following again.
- Noise from MRT track
- Noise from stadium
- Noise from helicopter

Last Sat evening around 645pm, I was stuck in a massive jam from khatib mrt stn all the way to the junction of Ave1/Ave2!!! horror horror......:scared-1: :scared-1: :scared-1:

ksh
10-11-09, 09:36
840psf = overpriced...:tsk-tsk:

azeoprop
12-11-09, 15:28
Passed by just now, seems like they are doing up the interior decor of the showroom. Might be ready by next month. :beats-me-man:

jonleelk
13-11-09, 08:19
Passed by just now, seems like they are doing up the interior decor of the showroom. Might be ready by next month. :beats-me-man:

The showflat area looks big!

cheerful
13-11-09, 09:33
840psf = overpriced...:tsk-tsk:

i think some people out there will pay for the water view & near to occ.....but, not for me.... i m not excited abt the location and junction..........

kane
13-11-09, 19:36
i think the profile of a buyer there would be someone who loves sports and a good view and has lived in yishun for the last 10 years or more. and one who prefers new apts over used resale and is willing to pay 25% premium.

nav14
16-11-09, 12:09
Last Sat evening around 645pm, I was stuck in a massive jam from khatib mrt stn all the way to the junction of Ave1/Ave2!!! horror horror......:scared-1: :scared-1: :scared-1:

The exit for The Estuary (the name of this new condo) will be along Yishun Ave 2 where you just need to make one u-turn and you are on your way ditrectly to SLE with no unmanned traffic light along the way. This means it bypasses the areas that are usually jammed from Khatib MRT heading towards town.

In terms of convenience of location (near MRT/shops and quick exit to CTE) it is definitely better than Meadows@Pierce which is in no mans land.

nav14
16-11-09, 12:12
i think the profile of a buyer there would be someone who loves sports and a good view and has lived in yishun for the last 10 years or more. and one who prefers new apts over used resale and is willing to pay 25% premium.

Yes as expected it will only attract people who are used to staying in the northern part of Singapore - Ang Mo Kio, Yishun, Sembawang and Woodlands. Likewise very few people staying in these areas would buy condos say in Simei.The premium should be at least 35-40% over oplder condos in that location.

nav14
16-11-09, 12:57
- Noise from MRT track
- Noise from stadium
- Noise from helicopter

I am staying in that area and should know better than some self-proclaimed experts. I have been reading about morons claiming that helicopters noise is often heard in this area. Hello, this is not next to Sembawang airbase. If one can hear regular helicopter noise in this area then this should apply to rest of Singapore. This is not the traditional path for helicopters leaving Sembawang airbase. What can be heard is occasional (once in 3-4 days ) noise of the bigger planes heading to Seletar Airport. Majority of planes do not take this route.

Stadium noise – how often are big games played and even if played have you guys seen the pathetic crowds. You are likely to hear your neighbour quarelling more often than noise from the stadium.

MRT noise maybe for the nearest one or two blocks. The towers will be facing the reservoir away from the MRT tracks.

Noise from Yishun Ave 2 – yes quite a bit. But not so much from junctions where half the traffic at this junction is at standstill at any one time. With a camera at the traffic junction and anther just after Khatib MRT where drivers cannot go faster than 60km/h, the cars here are not moving fast.

So don’t criticise blindly just because you are not buying.

nav14
16-11-09, 13:09
The exit for The Estuary (the name of this new condo) will be along Yishun Ave 2 where you just need to make one u-turn and you are on your way ditrectly to SLE with no unmanned traffic light along the way. This means it bypasses the areas that are usually jammed from Khatib MRT heading towards town.

In terms of convenience of location (near MRT/shops and quick exit to CTE) it is definitely better than Meadows@Pierce which is in no mans land.

Sorry I meant the exit is from Yishun Ave 1 and not 2

azeoprop
16-11-09, 20:01
Just wondering will those microwave satallite dishes turn direction to face the condo? Or are they fixed? :beats-me-man:

KarenK
17-11-09, 09:57

the profiles of buyers for The Estuary will be different from those for Meadows. those who buy Meadows are looking for other factors, and generally do not mind that it's not near conveniences like MRT & shops. likewise those who buy The Estuary will look for such conveniences & will not look at the Meadows.

nav14
19-11-09, 08:02
the profiles of buyers for The Estuary will be different from those for Meadows. those who buy Meadows are looking for other factors, and generally do not mind that it's not near conveniences like MRT & shops. likewise those who buy The Estuary will look for such conveniences & will not look at the Meadows.

Convenience is always a major factor in opting to buy a home for most buyers except for the top 5-10% ultra rich for whom it does not matter and rather go for a prestigious location. The buyers of Meadows@Pierce and the project itself do not fall in this category.

nav14
19-11-09, 08:05
Just wondering will those microwave satallite dishes turn direction to face the condo? Or are they fixed? :beats-me-man:

Does it matter? The dishes are too far and if they had any impact I would be dead by now as my unit has a clear view of these dishes.

nav14
19-11-09, 08:08

Convenience is always a major factor in opting to buy a home for most buyers except for the top 5-10% ultra rich for whom it does not matter and rather go for a prestigious location. The buyers of Meadows@Pierce and the project itself do not fall in this category.

KarenK
19-11-09, 08:41

so what category do they fall into?

azeoprop
24-11-09, 15:37
Here's a scenic video taken from BLK816. 3.30pm weekday off peak traffic, judge the noise yourself. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jR0xcbhmOHQ

Frankly, I love the view, but hate the traffic noise. :beats-me-man:

Dark Mage
25-11-09, 16:54
Hi All

I am a newbie here, i would like to share my thoughts and i have no hidden agenda(s).

During my NS days, i was an officer trained in air traffic controlling. After graduating from OCS, i was posted to Sembawang air base as a chopper air traffic controller and i also take care of Ops work. Thus, i know Sembawang and Yishun well. Complaints from residents about noise level coming from the airfield and the choppers are not uncommon. To verify, you could take a day off and visit the area to see if the noise level is tolerable. Then, try to see if you could stand this if you were to live there. Then, picture if you have a flat there, would buyers be willing to fork out a good price for your unit.

Coincidently, i also live near another airfield. My flat is along Hougang Ave 1, about 5km from Paya Lebar airbase. If i go on leave on a weekday, i find it tough to sleep beyond 9am. I hear the planes from Paya Lebar airbase clearly.

Do you guys know that Seletar airbase is being transformed into an airhub? Would this mean more planes will come to land and take off from there? Would there be planes coming to land or take off at night?
Have you guys driven to the end of Yishun Ave 1 and notice that a new road has opened to Seletar airbase? Could this increase traffice to Yishun Ave 1 heavily?
Have you taken the street directory to find out currently, where is the run way and have you gone down to observe the final flight path of private jets coming in? (though it is not that frequent now)

I have.

Dark Mage

BB
25-11-09, 20:33
Here's a scenic video taken from BLK816. 3.30pm weekday off peak traffic, judge the noise yourself. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jR0xcbhmOHQ

Frankly, I love the view, but hate the traffic noise. :beats-me-man:
Nav 14, The above has proven that what I wrote was correct.

BB
25-11-09, 20:40
Hi All

I am a newbie here, i would like to share my thoughts and i have no hidden agenda(s).

During my NS days, i was an officer trained in air traffic controlling. After graduating from OCS, i was posted to Sembawang air base as a chopper air traffic controller and i also take care of Ops work. Thus, i know Sembawang and Yishun well. Complaints from residents about noise level coming from the airfield and the choppers are not uncommon. To verify, you could take a day off and visit the area to see if the noise level is tolerable. Then, try to see if you could stand this if you were to live there. Then, picture if you have a flat there, would buyers be willing to fork out a good price for your unit.

Coincidently, i also live near another airfield. My flat is along Hougang Ave 1, about 5km from Paya Lebar airbase. If i go on leave on a weekday, i find it tough to sleep beyond 9am. I hear the planes from Paya Lebar airbase clearly.

Do you guys know that Seletar airbase is being transformed into an airhub? Would this mean more planes will come to land and take off from there? Would there be planes coming to land or take off at night?
Have you guys driven to the end of Yishun Ave 1 and notice that a new road has opened to Seletar airbase? Could this increase traffice to Yishun Ave 1 heavily?
Have you taken the street directory to find out currently, where is the run way and have you gone down to observe the final flight path of private jets coming in? (though it is not that frequent now)

I have.

Dark Mage

Nav 14, Another person here has proven my point that noise is a major issue to be considered when buying this condo.

tboonk
25-11-09, 20:49
Nav 14, Another person here has proven my point that noise is a major issue to be considered when buying this condo.

Sorry, but my views are completely different about the noise from air fields. I have not lived in Hougang or near Paya Lebar airbase, but I have lived in Yishun for 20 over years. I would like to stress that I have never been bothered by any of such noise from air planes or helicopters, or ever noted their existence. For road noise, as I have never lived near the stadium, this is something that I cannot comment.

Dark Mage
25-11-09, 21:37
Dear tboonk

i agree with you. It is a known fact that people get accustomed to noise and after a while, they might be oblivious to it. Often, residents living at a noisy place don't think much of it after staying there for a period of time but when they have visitors, these people find it too noisy.

Secondly, due to the layout of the airfield at Sembawang, thus the aerodrome, there are areas in Yishun that might not be as affected as others. I quote you an example, if you have time, sit at the void deck of a block at Chong Pang during a weekday. You will hear the choppers. Or, go have big breakfast at MacDonalds along Sembawang Road. You will hear the choppers.

Then, imagine how the airhub at Seletar might come into this picture when it is developed.

Dark Mage

azeoprop
25-11-09, 22:01
Not all of yishun is affected by low level helicopter from sembawang, only those blocks near sembawang road are affected. N8 west of khatib MRT, some N1 and N7 blocks.

Same for the daily small planes flying circuits in seletar, only those N4 and along yishun ave 1 and 4 (some N6 and N8) can see and hear them.

The middle of yishun is like a no fly zone, the boundary between sembawang airbase and seletar airport haa haa. ( but of course they can fly high over yishun but no threat of noise).

BB
26-11-09, 10:10
Sorry, but my views are completely different about the noise from air fields. I have not lived in Hougang or near Paya Lebar airbase, but I have lived in Yishun for 20 over years. I would like to stress that I have never been bothered by any of such noise from air planes or helicopters, or ever noted their existence. For road noise, as I have never lived near the stadium, this is something that I cannot comment.

:beats-me-man: :tsk-tsk:

nav14
26-11-09, 11:11
so what category do they fall into?

They fall in the category of wannabes who think by buying a condo next to a old private estate without any HDB flats in the vicinity regardless of the inconvenience would make them one class higher than those staying in the middle of or adjoining HDB estates.

nav14
26-11-09, 11:21
Nav 14, The above has proven that what I wrote was correct.

This is what I wrote " Noise from Yishun Ave 2 – yes quite a bit".I later corrected it to Yishun Ave 1. Road noise from Yishun Ave 1 will be quite obvious for residents staying at The Estuary BUT NOT FROM OTHER SOURCES like the MRT, stadium, helicopters etc.

I am staying in a condo in that area facing the reservoir so I am well aware of where the noise comes from. I have got used to the noise from Yishun Ave 1 which is not obvious once the windows are closed.

No condo is perfect. For a perfect condo you will pay a perfect price. There are many more expensive condos in prime districts which face noisy roads and yet they are snapped up. It all depends on what you are willing to compromise on. This may not fancy you but for others the view will be a deciding factor.

nav14
26-11-09, 11:31
Hi All

I have.

Dark Mage

I have stayed in various parts of Sembawang / Yishun all my life since birth. Right now I am staying in a condo next to the new condo The Estuary and the last thing that has ever bothered me is helicopter or noise from planes. Maybe you should station yourself at Blk 816 and record like what azeoprop has done and post on youtube on what noise you can hear from that area.

While you will be looking at the negative aspect of a expanded Seletar Airbase (not like as if it is turning into a major airport with non stop flights), the buyers of The Estuary will be looking at the opening up of the new Rd linking Yishun Ave 1 to Seletar Airhub as an opportunity to get good rents from the 10,000 who will be working there soon.

Those buying will be looking at the positives while those not buying can only see the negatives.

amk
26-11-09, 11:57
They fall in the category of .....
bro if I'm interested in both Estuary and Meadows, I will be in all of the above categories ? :)

each project has its own merits lah! no need to bash other projects. while I share ur view that the noise of this part of yishun area is not a big deal, I do not get why you have to bash up others like that to support your view.

This project has a nice view, gd convenience to MRT, should be able to command $850 at least. It's the "Yishun" stigma you need to fight more. For totally unknown reason to me, a lot of people just do not believe anything in Yishun can cost more that $700 psf :cool:

Dark Mage
26-11-09, 12:49
I have stayed in various parts of Sembawang / Yishun all my life since birth. Right now I am staying in a condo next to the new condo The Estuary and the last thing that has ever bothered me is helicopter or noise from planes. Maybe you should station yourself at Blk 816 and record like what azeoprop has done and post on youtube on what noise you can hear from that area.

While you will be looking at the negative aspect of a expanded Seletar Airbase (not like as if it is turning into a major airport with non stop flights), the buyers of The Estuary will be looking at the opening up of the new Rd linking Yishun Ave 1 to Seletar Airhub as an opportunity to get good rents from the 10,000 who will be working there soon.

Those buying will be looking at the positives while those not buying can only see the negatives.

Dear Nav14

I understand now why you have to defend arguments against this location after seeing your previous post. You actually live there.

My apologies, i have nothing against you.

Dark Mage

azeoprop
26-11-09, 13:24
bro if I'm interested in both Estuary and Meadows, I will be in all of the above categories ? :)

each project has its own merits lah! no need to bash other projects. while I share ur view that the noise of this part of yishun area is not a big deal, I do not get why you have to bash up others like that to support your view.

This project has a nice view, gd convenience to MRT, should be able to command $850 at least. It's the "Yishun" stigma you need to fight more. For totally unknown reason to me, a lot of people just do not believe anything in Yishun can cost more that $700 psf :cool:

Yah loh, when people hear "yishun or woodlands" then the first comment is eeee so ulu, very far away, not worth the money bla bla bla....and when u say cost 700psf, they will think u crazy. :beats-me-man:

BB
27-11-09, 11:05
This is what I wrote " Noise from Yishun Ave 2 – yes quite a bit".I later corrected it to Yishun Ave 1. Road noise from Yishun Ave 1 will be quite obvious for residents staying at The Estuary BUT NOT FROM OTHER SOURCES like the MRT, stadium, helicopters etc.

I am staying in a condo in that area facing the reservoir so I am well aware of where the noise comes from. I have got used to the noise from Yishun Ave 1 which is not obvious once the windows are closed.

No condo is perfect. For a perfect condo you will pay a perfect price. There are many more expensive condos in prime districts which face noisy roads and yet they are snapped up. It all depends on what you are willing to compromise on. This may not fancy you but for others the view will be a deciding factor.

Orchid Park Condo that you are staying is in a much better location than The Estuary. Not beside MRT track, stadium & major junction. Many times better than The Estuary.

KarenK
27-11-09, 22:33
They fall in the category of wannabes who think by buying a condo next to a old private estate without any HDB flats in the vicinity regardless of the inconvenience would make them one class higher than those staying in the middle of or adjoining HDB estates.

one man's meat is another man's poison. everyone have their own views, preferences & tastes. u do not have to bash other pp's opinions just to put forth your own.

Condorich
28-11-09, 08:14
Dear Nav14

I understand now why you have to defend arguments against this location after seeing your previous post. You actually live there.

Dark Mage

No worries Dark Mage.. what you said is objective and not biased. What he said sounds more like a defensive position and maybe it is due to him staying there. Both can be right but not at the same time. I did by NS near Jalan Bahar and have friends staying around Jurong West... those planes flying around can really disturb you.. even in Jurong Junior Colleage.. So the conclusion is that homes near air bases are prone to such negative factors. Nothing more need to be said.

Personally, I find that the seletar air hub thingy shall benefit more of the punggol residence/seng kang side although all will benefit including Yishun. Just which more, which less.

Condorich
28-11-09, 08:19
one man's meat is another man's poison. everyone have their own views, preferences & tastes. u do not have to bash other pp's opinions just to put forth your own.

Agree.... there are people who stays in 3 room flats who think that they are a class above the rest also... Even those who obviously cannot afford to stay in condo/Semi-D, Bungalow's etc put up appearance that they could... until foreclosures. You see that happening with some Car buyers also.

No need to take it to heart.

Kafka
28-11-09, 10:38

I think the guy is just sharing some facts he knows, you don't have to be so defensive. You live near airbase and yet cannot hear planes, how many people will believe this??

KarenK
29-11-09, 14:50
Agree.... there are people who stays in 3 room flats who think that they are a class above the rest also... Even those who obviously cannot afford to stay in condo/Semi-D, Bungalow's etc put up appearance that they could... until foreclosures. You see that happening with some Car buyers also.

No need to take it to heart.

ha ha, no worries. there is no perfect property n even if u build one from scratch, u will still have your share of headaches from getting permits, the contractor, post-completion defects etc. most important is to be happy with what u have and be satisfied with what u have bought. no use comparing all over the place. there will always be another mountain higher than this mountain. if one keeps comparing, one will never be contented. as long as u can live with the shortcomings of the pty u have bought coz to u they seem minor, then so be it & live long & happy in the pty. like I said, one man's meat is another man's poison. what is unimportant to u may be earthshakingly important to another, and vice versa.

chill....:cool:

KarenK
29-11-09, 14:53
I think the guy is just sharing some facts he knows, you don't have to be so defensive. You live near airbase and yet cannot hear planes, how many people will believe this??

different people have different powers of listening.....it's all very individual. like for eg, I can give instructions to my maid by speaking right into her ear & yet for some reason, she cannot "hear" it. it's the same problem with that guy, me tinks.... :D

teddybear
29-11-09, 18:21
Those are for broadcasting right? Probably omni-directional which means any direction equally bad. I would not want to live close to such satellite dishes. >2km is my rule of thumb in terms of safety but obviously further away is better. Some people will say that there is no scientific proof that these dishes are harmful. It is the same as saying that there are no scientific proof that people living under the transmission cables are harmful but anecdotal evidence and happenings that occur in US seems to indicate that the transmission cables are at fault. Same for use handphones for long period of time by putting the phone beside your ears. My advice for sales people who are always talking on the mobile phone is better use earphones.

nav14
30-11-09, 11:35
Dear Nav14

Dark Mage

I have nothing against you as well. Just that I don't like people who exaggerate /claim to know what noise can be heard or negatives of a particualar location eventhough they have never spend too much time in that PARTICULAR location.

The complaints you used to hear from resdients while working at Sembawang Airbase were from residents from all parts of Yishun and Sembawang or only in certain areas? Just because you used to hear complaints you have assumed the same noise should be heard where The Estuary is located. As I have indicated earlier if one can hear regular helicopter noise at The Estuary then residents all over Singapore should be complaining unless you mean that helicopters don't fly beyond Sembawang/Yishun.

If you hear noise from jets at Paya Lebar Airport, it dones not mean one Staying at Yishun Ave can definitely hear noise from the small planes that use Seletar Airport.

Spend 1/2 day at The Estuary location and see for yourself what noise can be heard before you mislead people. As I admitted (which shows I am not being defensive for the sake of it or just because I am staying there) there is quite a bit of noise from traffic along Yishun Ave 1 but not from planes or helicopters .

nav14
30-11-09, 11:41
Those are for broadcasting right? Probably omni-directional which means any direction equally bad. I would not want to live close to such satellite dishes. >2km is my rule of thumb in terms of safety but obviously further away is better. Some people will say that there is no scientific proof that these dishes are harmful. It is the same as saying that there are no scientific proof that people living under the transmission cables are harmful but anecdotal evidence and happenings that occur in US seems to indicate that the transmission cables are at fault. Same for use handphones for long period of time by putting the phone beside your ears. My advice for sales people who are always talking on the mobile phone is better use earphones.

That would mean the HDB blocks along Yishun Ave 1 that have been directly facing the satellite dishes (less than 2 km away) for more than 20 years should have more regular funeral wakes in their void decks. But not that I noticed it. So what can one conclude?

nav14
30-11-09, 11:50

Same advice applies to you. Can't conclude that just because one is living near airbase means must hear plane noise regularly. What kind of planes (jet vs light planes) what is the flying route, etc must all be considered. Before you make a fool of yourself by insisting that someone staying near The Estuary can definitely hear regular plane noise, suggest you go down and spend some time there. Very easy to come to a forum and declaring something that is completely unfounded.

nav14
30-11-09, 11:56
No worries Dark Mage.. what you said is objective and not biased. What he said sounds more like a defensive position and maybe it is due to him staying there. Both can be right but not at the same time. I did by NS near Jalan Bahar and have friends staying around Jurong West... those planes flying around can really disturb you.. even in Jurong Junior Colleage.. So the conclusion is that homes near air bases are prone to such negative factors. Nothing more need to be said.

Personally, I find that the seletar air hub thingy shall benefit more of the punggol residence/seng kang side although all will benefit including Yishun. Just which more, which less.

YOu are another clown harping on the same point. Same advice. Go and spend some time at The Estuary and hear for yourself on how noisy the planes are from Seletar Airbase before you blindly support other clowns.. Are you guys even aware of what kind of planes fly to Seletar Airbase and its flying route. Why don't you clowns make a recording of the noise of planes supposedly flying above The Estuary and post it on youtube and we will see how truthful you guys are.

nav14
30-11-09, 12:06

I am only correcting unfounded and misleading views of parties about The Estuary. YOu have clowns coming here and saying all kinds of noises can be heard from that location - helicopter, plane and noise from stadium. All rubbish. The only noise is traffic noise. That's it. The message to these clowns is do not come here and attack a development blindly just because they are not buying it.

AS for youself, I was giving my frank opinion in response to your question to me on what category of people buy Meadows @ Pierce. Just tyoo bad if you have a unit there. If you can't bear hearing other people's frank opinion then don;t ask for it.

nav14
30-11-09, 12:16
Orchid Park Condo that you are staying is in a much better location than The Estuary. Not beside MRT track, stadium & major junction. Many times better than The Estuary.

I do admit the Orchid Park Condo's location is better including the view of the reservoir which is more central than The Estuary's which is from an angle. But I don't think the MRT track will be a big bother to residents at The Estuary as it it across a 6 lane road and a good 100-150 metres away(may be more if they buffer it with a tennis court etc) from the nearest block. The blocks will be facing the reservoir and away from the junction or the MRT track. The traffic noise may also not be as bad as that in front of Orchid Park Condo as the vehicles will slow down at a junction as against fast moving vehicles in front of Orchid Park Condo.

teddybear
30-11-09, 12:23
Citing from the US experience, these radiations won't usually make people die, but they after staying at same place for a long time will tend to suffer from very much higher chance of developing illnesses, cancers, and anomaly of new-born babies etc. Did you do a research over the past 20 years that people who have lived there for past 20 years (not those who live in and move out over short period) didn't have higher chance of above ill-effects over other places? :rolleyes:
In a place such as Singapore where medical treatments & hospitalisations are rather expensive (vs income), people would rather die than suffer long-term incurable illness & pains that need frequent medical treatments & hospitalisations. :scared-3:

That would mean the HDB blocks along Yishun Ave 1 that have been directly facing the satellite dishes (less than 2 km away) for more than 20 years should have more regular funeral wakes in their void decks. But not that I noticed it. So what can one conclude?

Kafka
30-11-09, 12:34
Same advice applies to you. Can't conclude that just because one is living near airbase means must hear plane noise regularly. What kind of planes (jet vs light planes) what is the flying route, etc must all be considered. Before you make a fool of yourself by insisting that someone staying near The Estuary can definitely hear regular plane noise, suggest you go down and spend some time there. Very easy to come to a forum and declaring something that is completely unfounded.

Sorry Sir. You must be right. Only got Airbus 320 and Boeing 737 coming to land. Surely cannot hear anything. Only sound is the water birds from the tranquil surrounding, and maybe some residents breaking wind.

http://www.eastliving.com.sg/index2.php?option=com_content&do_pdf=1&id=302

nav14
30-11-09, 12:35
different people have different powers of listening.....it's all very individual. like for eg, I can give instructions to my maid by speaking right into her ear & yet for some reason, she cannot "hear" it. it's the same problem with that guy, me tinks.... :D

If I admit that I can hear quite a bit of traffic noise then one should believe me when I said that there is no noise from planes or helicopters. I should know better since I have been staying in that location for years than an armchair critic like you who has bought a house in the middle of no man's land (maybe want to be closer to the monkeys across the road) and yet blindly criticise other areas, someone who spent 2 years working in a Sembawang Airbase and assumes the same helicopter noise can be heard all over Yishun (maybe the RSAF has a policy that helicopters should cover every inch of Yishun/Sembawang regularly to irritate the residents or maybe Yishun is such a small place that one helicopter taking off from the airbase will end up flying over the whole of Yishun), noise from fighter jets at Paya Lebar airport should be equivalent to noise from small light planes at Seletar airbase, that planes can fly all over Singapore and there is no such thing as a flying route or if there is then there is definitely a flying route directly above The Estuary, or that The Estuary is located immediately next to the Seletar Airbase. :scared-1:

nav14
30-11-09, 12:49
Sorry Sir. You must be right. Only got Airbus 320 and Boeing 737 coming to land. Surely cannot hear anything. Only sound is the water birds from the tranquil surrounding, and maybe some residents breaking wind.

http://www.eastliving.com.sg/index2.php?option=com_content&do_pdf=1&id=302

Yet to start and that too for maintenance mostly and not so much for ferrying passengers which means very irregular touchdowns. Don't worry no second Changi airport here. But you sure the route will be directly ABOVE the estuary or you also share the opinion that any one plane above and the whole Yishun will be able to hear it or a plane landing at Seletar Airbase can be heard 3 kilometres away at The Estuary? Come on guys you surely have more grey matter. Are forumers here that silly? :doh:

nav14
30-11-09, 13:10
Citing from the US experience, these radiations won't usually make people die, but they after staying at same place for a long time will tend to suffer from very much higher chance of developing illnesses, cancers, and anomaly of new-born babies etc. Did you do a research over the past 20 years that people who have lived there for past 20 years (not those who live in and move out over short period) didn't have higher chance of above ill-effects over other places? :rolleyes:
In a place such as Singapore where medical treatments & hospitalisations are rather expensive (vs income), people would rather die than suffer long-term incurable illness & pains that need frequent medical treatments & hospitalisations. :scared-3:

"....people would rather die than suffer long term incurable illness..." That will win you the mother of all clowns title in this forum:D

teddybear
30-11-09, 16:00
What I am citing are facts. Only clowns like to bad-mouth when they lose an argument by being unable to provide facts. You are the real clown who like to call somebody else "clown"? :tongue3:
Anyway, all forumers here have eyes to see. Don't need for me to say much.

"....people would rather die than suffer long term incurable illness..." That will win you the mother of all clowns title in this forum:D

gfoo
30-11-09, 16:42
No need to argue lah, just look at widely accepted, generally known facts lor.

- (http://www.sci-ctr.edu.sg/ssc/detailed.jsp?artid=6211&type=6&root=3&parent=3&cat=29) Are you living within the direction of the satellite dish? if you're behind the convex back of the dish, then no worries. If you're facing the concave bit even if it's not directly facing you, then you better start to calculate how far you are from it. All forms of high output radiation whether from power lines, satellite dishes, radio towers etc significantly increase the rate of cancer.

- the Yishun avenue site is equidistant from the Seletar and Sembawang air bases. These have been very lightly used for quite some time so i doubt noise will affect anything. However, if the Seletar aerospace thing takes off and they are servicing Boeings and Airbuses, then noise could reach unbearable levels - really still depending on frequency of use of the two strips. Dun believe? try staying close to the paya lebar airstrip

abcdefgh
30-11-09, 21:21
I stay in Orchid Park, and completely agree with the facts mentioned by nav14 regarding noise (from traffic, and not from airplanes/helicopters). By the way, I stay in tower 8, facing the reservoir. I accept that traffic noise is there, but it is not a big deal, very bearable.. The reservoir view, and green surroundings more than compensate for the bit of noise..

abcdefgh
30-11-09, 21:24
As "The Estuary" would be very close to "Orchid Park", wanted to get views on the impact on the resale values of "Orchid Park". There is speculation that Orchid Park valuation would go up because of high pricing of Estuary.. How much would think would be psf prices that Orchid Park could go up to?

Douk
30-11-09, 21:41
As "The Estuary" would be very close to "Orchid Park", wanted to get views on the impact on the resale values of "Orchid Park". There is speculation that Orchid Park valuation would go up because of high pricing of Estuary.. How much would think would be psf prices that Orchid Park could go up to?

let's see how good the sale is.

KarenK
01-12-09, 15:29
If I admit that I can hear quite a bit of traffic noise then one should believe me when I said that there is no noise from planes or helicopters. I should know better since I have been staying in that location for years than an armchair critic like you who has bought a house in the middle of no man's land (maybe want to be closer to the monkeys across the road) and yet blindly criticise other areas, someone who spent 2 years working in a Sembawang Airbase and assumes the same helicopter noise can be heard all over Yishun (maybe the RSAF has a policy that helicopters should cover every inch of Yishun/Sembawang regularly to irritate the residents or maybe Yishun is such a small place that one helicopter taking off from the airbase will end up flying over the whole of Yishun), noise from fighter jets at Paya Lebar airport should be equivalent to noise from small light planes at Seletar airbase, that planes can fly all over Singapore and there is no such thing as a flying route or if there is then there is definitely a flying route directly above The Estuary, or that The Estuary is located immediately next to the Seletar Airbase. :scared-1:

me no armchair critic. me also been staying in the area for 22 years. but me do agree with u on one point.......better to buy a unit at Meadows@Peirce and face the monkeys than face a clown like u.... yup, it's better to agree than disagree with u....one certainly can't argue with tat..... :spliff:

teddybear
01-12-09, 18:12
Sorry, got confused. So is that area noisy from planes or not?

me no armchair critic. me also been staying in the area for 22 years. but me do agree with u on one point.......better to buy a unit at Meadows@Peirce and face the monkeys than face a clown like u.... yup, it's better to agree than disagree with u....one certainly can't argue with tat..... :spliff:

Kafka
02-12-09, 13:17
I stay in Orchid Park, and completely agree with the facts mentioned by nav14 regarding noise (from traffic, and not from airplanes/helicopters). By the way, I stay in tower 8, facing the reservoir. I accept that traffic noise is there, but it is not a big deal, very bearable.. The reservoir view, and green surroundings more than compensate for the bit of noise..

abcdefgh, you are the only person supporting Nav 14.
Your account seems to be created in a rush, judging from your uncreative nick of abcdefgh.
Your account was just created a few days ago and you have only 2 posts. The moment you post, you wrote to lend support to Nav14. Your views are 100% the same as Nav14.

Smells like a rat....smells like a rat...

tboonk
02-12-09, 15:27
I suggest that if you are really buying, you should really go there to recce and decide for yourself. I am currently living in woodlands and lived in Yishun previously, and my views (as above on helicopter noise) may be biased.

But what I know is that the noise is definitely significantly lesser than those that is just next to the expressway. I have been to a couple of such developments and you may need to wear ear plugs for such developments, unless you keep the windows closed at all times.

But what I can say that is the proposed development does has some unique points, ie near to seletar airhub and the impressive reservoir view. It is also almost unblocked all around and I will be very surprised if it is not windy.

Sorry, got confused. So is that area noisy from planes or not?

azeoprop
11-12-09, 19:00
Seems like the showroom is ready and the carpark area up. Also, the site construction has began. Wondering when will be the preview... :beats-me-man:

Condorich
12-12-09, 04:45
Earlier on, it was stated as before the end of this year when you register your interest with them.... It seems like they might even breech it and launch it in first quarter next year. It's anytime now.. no need to wait for show room to complete as they can always do a preview sale based on floor plans.

Waiting has been advantageous to the developer, just hope that it is not delayed to next year Jun onwards.

amk
12-12-09, 13:38
If I were MCL, I will try to launch it right after Chinese new year. By then you will have a 6 month vacuum period of major mass market launches. The pent up demand, plus the "miss-the-boat" atmosphere, and the good sentiments of IR opening, all will help to make it a success. Not forgetting by March most ppl will have gotten their bonus. After all, even at 850psf, a decent 3bd can still be had at ard 1M. That's the sweet spot for upgraders (1-200k savings)

This project definitely has potential. Near MRT, great reservoir view. Plus Yishun area hasn't had a major new project for some time.

Condorich
12-12-09, 14:08
Just hope that MCL land don,'t win future land sales in Yishun or else it is going to be very expansive for new home owners wanna be.

99 yr cluster housing plot in Yishun for sale in May 2010, that will be much sought after....

azeoprop
12-12-09, 17:48
If I were MCL, I will try to launch it right after Chinese new year. By then you will have a 6 month vacuum period of major mass market launches. The pent up demand, plus the "miss-the-boat" atmosphere, and the good sentiments of IR opening, all will help to make it a success. Not forgetting by March most ppl will have gotten their bonus. After all, even at 850psf, a decent 3bd can still be had at ard 1M. That's the sweet spot for upgraders (1-200k savings)

This project definitely has potential. Near MRT, great reservoir view. Plus Yishun area hasn't had a major new project for some time.

During march 09 800k was the magic figure...now upgraded to 1 mil....:doh: But the view is really beautiful, better than bedok reservoir. :p

tokbooncheng
12-12-09, 22:17
During march 09 800k was the magic figure...now upgraded to 1 mil....:doh: But the view is really beautiful, better than bedok reservoir. :p

1 mil for Yishun... you must well get Clover for the location or Meadows for the freehold... thats my take:)

toaler
13-12-09, 08:40
1 mil for Yishun... you must well get Clover for the location or Meadows for the freehold... thats my take:)
exactly..
pay 1 million and drive like forever to get anywhere close to city/orchard

amk
13-12-09, 10:08
I'm just looking strictly from marketing point of view. A 4-5rm HDB upgrader with 1-200k savings at hand, considering they can sell their HDB at 500k, pricing a 3bd unit at 800k will be simply too cheap, not maximizing profit. The condo pricing should always be slightly over the original "budget" but still within reach. If some one visits the show flat with a budget of 800k in mind, the showflat plus the crowd effect will have no problem convincing him to up the budget to 1mil. A new project will always have a 20% premium at least over old projects, as s'poreans are known to prefer new over old. In addition, mass market buyers are mostly for own stay. The calculation is mostly revolving around whether he can afford it, not how much he can make.
Look, people scoffed at the price for almost every mass market project launch in 2009. Even projects launching at $650 is ridiculed. But reality shows the support level is very strong. Save for a few projects that asked for 1.2k (that's no longer a mass market project), all were doing well. Developer of Optima/Airstream probably regretted setting the price too low. If a project was sold out within days, it simply means it could have charged higher. 100 Trees were practically sold out within 2 months. That's a good balance. Had it been priced at $800 psf only, it could have been sold out in days and CDL would have made less profit.
For this Yishun project, there are enough interest from people staying around Yishun to support. if MCL does it at $650-$700, do u agree it will be a fair price ? It would probably be sold out within days. That's not fair from developer's (or shareholder's) point of view, as it's not optimising profit. There is no need to have it sold within 3 days. Even a marketing contract with a pty agency is typically 6 month. Plus the cost of the show flat. The balance of this is always tricky. I think CDL had done it very well so far.

Kenshinto80
13-12-09, 14:01
I'm just looking strictly from marketing point of view. A 4-5rm HDB upgrader with 1-200k savings at hand, considering they can sell their HDB at 500k, pricing a 3bd unit at 800k will be simply too cheap, not maximizing profit. The condo pricing should always be slightly over the original "budget" but still within reach. If some one visits the show flat with a budget of 800k in mind, the showflat plus the crowd effect will have no problem convincing him to up the budget to 1mil. A new project will always have a 20% premium at least over old projects, as s'poreans are known to prefer new over old. In addition, mass market buyers are mostly for own stay. The calculation is mostly revolving around whether he can afford it, not how much he can make.
Look, people scoffed at the price for almost every mass market project launch in 2009. Even projects launching at $650 is ridiculed. But reality shows the support level is very strong. Save for a few projects that asked for 1.2k (that's no longer a mass market project), all were doing well. Developer of Optima/Airstream probably regretted setting the price too low. If a project was sold out within days, it simply means it could have charged higher. 100 Trees were practically sold out within 2 months. That's a good balance. Had it been priced at $800 psf only, it could have been sold out in days and CDL would have made less profit.
For this Yishun project, there are enough interest from people staying around Yishun to support. if MCL does it at $650-$700, do u agree it will be a fair price ? It would probably be sold out within days. That's not fair from developer's (or shareholder's) point of view, as it's not optimising profit. There is no need to have it sold within 3 days. Even a marketing contract with a pty agency is typically 6 month. Plus the cost of the show flat. The balance of this is always tricky. I think CDL had done it very well so far.

Very well analysed and great food for thought for all. Thanks for sharing your insight.

stalingrad
13-12-09, 14:57
I believe you are wrong. 100 trees will never be sold out. there are some 30 units left and the developer may be closing the showflat. I passed by it every other day, and I saw zero activity.

I am still rediculing those that shelled out 900+ psf to buy into this project. the chance of them coming out whole is less than zero.

Condorich
14-12-09, 08:50

Agents lah... good work, keep the hope alive... if price high, take up rate will be low... so where is the maximising profit? price to sell is much better than price to kill...

The response will not be >50% sold if it is priced >$800 psf... my guess but I would like to be proven wrong.

Reporter
14-12-09, 09:27
URA latest data:

398 sqft, S$550,000, 1381 psf, Oct-09

This will set a benchmark for future transactions.

Cheers!

Nothing to cheer for. it just doesn't make any sense to own such chicken coop units. the rich expats will not rent any of these tiny units. the poor ones cannot afford the rent you are charging. they can pay at most 1k or 1.5k per month. At such rates, the net rental yield (after maintenance fee) is very very low, less than 3%.

Don't cheer too early. things that appear to make little sense usually do.

You seem to have a grudge against ppl whose property appreciates or gives good yield (percieved or real).....I sense jealousy.
I wonder what is the District-5 conman doing in Yishun?

Where did the figure 30 came from? Even as of 31 October 2009, there are 24 units left unsold.

I am not vested in District 5. Nevertheless, there are around 10 units left in Hundred Trees now.

Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of October 2009

Project Name . Locality . Units Sold To Date . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
Hundred Trees .. OCR ......... 372 ......................... 52 .............................. 1,029 ............ 942 ............... 799

amk
14-12-09, 10:54
Agents lah... good work, keep the hope alive... if price high, take up rate will be low... so where is the maximising profit? price to sell is much better than price to kill...
bro I'm not an agent. No need for me to talk up a project. give me too much credit. I'm just sharing some thoughts in this forum.

The response will not be >50% sold if it is priced >$800 psf... my guess but I would like to be proven wrong.
My feeling is it will be >50% sold if it's priced >$800. Let's wait and see.

I am still rediculing those that shelled out 900+ psf to buy into this project. the chance of them coming out whole is less than zero.
who cares ? :cool: CDL made the profit already. In any case, the above statement is a matter of opinion. I would not want to comment on that. The bottom line is, CDL priced 100 Trees very nicely, from Mr. Quek's point of view.

Condorich
14-12-09, 16:20
no problem, amk, good to talk to a non agent.

Do note the concept of controlled pricing... new launches are the new benchmark to older developments. But is it really value for money?? It all depends on your criteria.

bongsoo
17-12-09, 07:01
any update on this development? been waiting for quite a while.. drove past it last week but can hardly see any life there. The signboard is also not ready.

jitkiat
28-12-09, 09:06
CSDC has won the construction project. Total 608 units comprising of 3 15-storey blocks, 2 16-storey and 2 17-storey blocks ...

2009-11-26 中 国建筑南洋公司正式收到Estuary Condominium(义顺公寓)项目的授标书,获得该项目的总承包权。义顺公寓项目由新加坡知名地产发展商“马来信贷集团”(MCL)开发,占地约 2.7万平方米,建筑面积约8.3万平方米,主要由3座15层、2座16层以及2座17层的建筑群组成(共608个单位),另外还包括一座多层停车场、一 个地下车库以及游泳池、网球场、俱乐部等综合娱乐设施和绿化工程,合同额约合8905万美元,合同工期将近34个月。义顺公寓项目是中国建筑南洋公司继双 湾公寓项目后获得的又一大型私人公寓项目。同时,该项目是中国建筑通过南洋公司与业主在十分友好坦诚的谈判后,取得一致意见而成功获得的,在谈判过程中业 主对中国建筑南洋公司管理层所表现出来的尊重和欣赏也反映出公司在市场上良好的信誉,同时也必将进一步巩固公司在长期合作中与马来信贷集团建立起来的互信 互利的长远合作关系。目前中国建筑南洋公司已组建成熟的项目管理班子和施工队伍,以确保该项目及时开工和顺利竣工。

amk
28-12-09, 11:14
thanks for the news. So it's the same main con for the Double Bay Residence.
we can now work out the total cost of this project:

land price 213.5m, abt 350 psf pp, construction cost 89m*1.4=125m, abt 200 psf pp (wow that's cheap!). So the total cost is only $550 psf pp. Removing the area for car parks, facilities, etc, the break even for MCL should be <$600 only. With this, MCL should be able to sell it with a comfortable profit margin.

amk
28-12-09, 11:17
(duplicated)

jitkiat
28-12-09, 11:58
thanks for the news. So it's the same main con for the Double Bay Residence.
we can now work out the total cost of this project:

land price 213.5m, abt 350 psf pp, construction cost 89m*1.4=125m, abt 200 psf pp (wow that's cheap!). So the total cost is only $550 psf pp. Removing the area for car parks, facilities, etc, the break even for MCL should be <$600 only. With this, MCL should be able to sell it with a comfortable profit margin.

Also must include cost of distribution (agents), marketing, showflat, architect/QS/lawyer/GST etc ... overall cost may be close to 600psf .. I think must sell above 700psf to have good profit.

amk
28-12-09, 12:12
A.. I think must sell above 700psf to have good profit.
I think they will sell >$800 or even $850 for good ones. :)

28-12-09, 12:36
$800 or above might be only possible for the mm units or those with reservoir view.

I think they will sell >$800 or even $850 for good ones. :)

jonleelk
28-12-09, 14:43
Just my guess, the selling price range will be from $750-$850 psf. No matter what, this condo will be a new high for Yishun.

Regulators
28-12-09, 15:50
850psf for yishun or Jurong is madness!!!:doh: :doh:

Just my guess, the selling price range will be from $750-$850 psf. No matter what, this condo will be a new high for Yishun.

Reporter
28-12-09, 17:47
850psf for yishun or Jurong is madness!!!:doh: :doh:
For Jurong, if you dislike the figure $850 psf, you can always choose a different figure. $1,090 psf seems like a good figure for Jurong.

Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of July 2008

Project Name .. Locality . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
The Lakeshore ... OCR ........ 14 .............................. 1,090 ............ 812 ................ 774

Regulators
28-12-09, 18:02
you gotta be joking, jurong at 1090psf? I would like to have an autograph of that goon...:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

For Jurong, if you dislike the figure $850 psf, you can always choose a different figure. $1,090 psf seems like a good figure for Jurong.

jonleelk
28-12-09, 19:35
Caspian also had a few 400+ sqf units that were sold at $900++ psf.

Reporter
28-12-09, 20:30
Caspian also had a few 400+ sqf units that were sold at $900++ psf.
... but those $929 psfs for Jurong Caspian were subsales - not primary sale.

Caspian
Address ................................. psf ............... Area .......... Price ............ Contract Date

54 Lakeside Drive #04-20 ...... $929 psf ..... 463 sqft ..... $430,000 ...... 26 Oct 09
54 Lakeside Drive #04-20 ...... $723 psf ...... 463 sqft ..... $334,000 ...... 26 Feb 09

56 Lakeside Drive #04-28 ...... $929 psf ..... 463 sqft ..... $430,000 ...... 28 Sep 09
56 Lakeside Drive #04-28 ...... $805 psf ...... 463 sqft ..... $372,000 ........ 2 Mar 09

jitkiat
29-12-09, 08:46
At suburbs like Jurong, Yishun, Simei, the psf price is almost always linked to rental yield. 2009 Q3 Lakeshore medium rental is 3.53 psf per month (i.e. 1000psf will fetch 3,530 per month), almost the same as Queens. In comparison, Tropical Spring in Simei rental is only 2.5 psf pm. Probably demand from mainland Chinese academics teaching in NTU.

Regulators
29-12-09, 08:58
You are quite right. A lot of these foreigners working in jurong would actually like to live there regardless of the fact that the location sucks. I do not think a lot of these foreigners are aware that jurong in blacklisted as an industrial town unless they do not mind living near factories and get to smell tobacco, cocoa and petrochemical fumes etc in the air firsthand.

At suburbs like Jurong, Yishun, Simei, the psf price is almost always linked to rental yield. 2009 Q3 Lakeshore medium rental is 3.53 psf per month (i.e. 1000psf will fetch 3,530 per month), almost the same as Queens. In comparison, Tropical Spring in Simei rental is only 2.5 psf pm. Probably demand from mainland Chinese academics teaching in NTU.

ay123
29-12-09, 09:10
You are quite right. A lot of these foreigners working in jurong would actually like to live there regardless of the fact that the location sucks. I do not think a lot of these foreigners are aware that jurong in blacklisted as an industrial town unless they do not mind living near factories and get to smell tobacco, cocoa and petrochemical fumes etc in the air firsthand.

i think u are an anti-jurong people. u keep talking down on jurong area. are u saying that those people who live in jurong are fools or are half dead becos of the smell. if jurong is so bad then how about those people who stay there for decade. are those people now suffering for some kind of disease? every people has there own preference, if u don like that area, tats yr own view but u are in no position to talk down that area. if jurong is so bad how about centris who is holding the high price steadily. please offer more constructive view on each project rather than picking on the same point and talk n talk n talk.....no hard feeling please:spliff:

nav14
29-12-09, 10:09

Selling price will range between 750 - 1000psf with the average falling around 850psf. There will be more smaller units than earlier planned which will touch 1000psf.

Regulators
29-12-09, 13:37
people who live there are not fools, they are just ignorant.:D

i think u are an anti-jurong people. u keep talking down on jurong area. are u saying that those people who live in jurong are fools or are half dead becos of the smell. if jurong is so bad then how about those people who stay there for decade. are those people now suffering for some kind of disease? every people has there own preference, if u don like that area, tats yr own view but u are in no position to talk down that area. if jurong is so bad how about centris who is holding the high price steadily. please offer more constructive view on each project rather than picking on the same point and talk n talk n talk.....no hard feeling please:spliff:

Reporter
30-12-09, 21:18
Condo Watch I
The Estuary
H88
Tuesday, 8 December 2009, 16:35

It won't be long till we say goodbye to 2009. What a crazy year we've had! Now that the property frenzy has died down and everyone's had a breather, let's all look ahead to 2010 and see what it has in store for us. We've highlighted four major mass market condos that should be your die-die-must-visit list.

Here's the first of four in our Condo Watch 2010 series.

The Estuary - An Overview

This 99-year leasehold condo bought for a record high price in 2007 had been expected to launch this year, but for reasons unknown, nothing came to pass. But the word on the street is come January/February next year, MCL Land's condo facing Lower Seletar Reservoir would be ready for liftoff.

Lease: 99 years
Developer: MCL Land
District: 27
Amount paid: $213.5m
Estimated number of units: 608
Estimated price: $830 - $900 psf

http://www.h88.com.sg/images/content/2009-12-08/estuary_locationmap.jpg

http://www.h88.com.sg/images/content/2009-12-08/estuary_streetview.jpg

The reservoir view would be the main draw for most buyers. It’s quite amazing (see video below). The other attraction would be the proximity to Khatib MRT and the shops around the area. Yishun MRT and Northpoint is a quick bus ride away too.

We found this on YouTube of all places! It's a view taken from Blk 816 Yishun St 81.
Video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jR0xcbhmOHQ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jR0xcbhmOHQ)
http://www.h88.com.sg/images/content/2009-12-08/estuary_video.jpg

What We Think

A condo hasn’t been launched in Yishun for a while so The Estuary could see some demand from HDB upgraders in that area, though the price might prove a turn-off for the budget conscious. Let’s hope the delayed launch gives MCL Land more time to create a winning development.

Sea
23-01-10, 09:45
608 units

HigH rise , 15-17 storey

1 - 4 bedrooms!

Breathtaking Reservoir view & Greenery View

1 Bedroom 6XX sqft...

North South Facing

Amenties/MRT/North Point.Shopping Centre/

School

Sms at 90686016 for more updated details

and register for VVIP Preview

Sea
23-01-10, 10:23
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc302/noaharkk/yishun.jpg

richardsng_era
24-01-10, 13:21
THE MOST AWAITED
WATERFRONT LIVING
BY THE NORTH

Join The Estuary Facebook Page. Click below.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Singapore-Singapore/Singapore-D26-Yishun-Avenue-12-The-Estuary/298510971412

MCL Land was recently awarded the HDB site at Yishun Avenue 1 and Avenue 2. Spanning a land area of 290,077 sq ft, the leasehold site in the well-developed Yishun Town offers a breathtakingly unobstructed view of Lower Seletar Reservoir. Only a 10-minute walk from Khatib MRT Station, transportation convenience is further enhanced by its accessibility to major arterial roads and expressways such as Seletar Expressway and Central Expressway. Recreational amenities in the vicinity consist of the Town Centre, Yishun Sports Complex and North Point Shopping Centre, and well-known schools in the neighbourhood include Peiying Primary School, Chung Cheng High School and Yishun Junior College.

Preview coming soon. Book an appointment early to avoid disappointment.

The Estuary Hotline: +65-92993342
Home Page: http://iPropertyFacebook.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Singapore-Singapore/Singapore-D26-Yishun-Avenue-12-The-Estuary/298510971412

Sea
24-01-10, 21:54
Sms at 90686016 for more updated details

and register for VVIP Preview

More Updating details coming Up!

tokbooncheng
25-01-10, 07:54
THE MOST AWAITED
WATERFRONT LIVING
BY THE NORTH

MCL Land was recently awarded the HDB site at Yishun Avenue 1 and Avenue 2. Spanning a land area of 290,077 sq ft, the leasehold site in the well-developed Yishun Town offers a breathtakingly unobstructed view of Lower Seletar Reservoir. Only a 10-minute walk from Khatib MRT Station, transportation convenience is further enhanced by its accessibility to major arterial roads and expressways such as Seletar Expressway and Central Expressway. Recreational amenities in the vicinity consist of the Town Centre, Yishun Sports Complex and North Point Shopping Centre, and well-known schools in the neighbourhood include Peiying Primary School, Chung Cheng High School and Yishun Junior College.

So whats the price range for a 3 bedroom unit ?

azeoprop
25-01-10, 08:55
Any floor plan and site plan available? They have started construction already. Wonder if they have some sort of sky garden so that all residents can enjoy the nice view regardless of which floor they live in. :beats-me-man:

Lao Hu
25-01-10, 21:27
Received flyers on my car today.
Starting from $8++
:banghead: :banghead:

Condorich
26-01-10, 08:00
Received flyers on my car today.
Starting from $8++
:banghead: :banghead:

Strangely, I have registered our interest with the developer but the developer has not contacted us at all. Are they marketing the units through agents via preview to people out of Yishun and then followed by those living in Yishun. Looks like some kind of strategy to me.

$8xx... studios should be flying off the shelf since quantum is low... KTP foreign talent congregate over there? Shall wait and see.

azeoprop
26-01-10, 09:18
Frankly speaking, I find the reservoir view here very calming and nice, better than the view from pinnacle @ duxton sky bridge where all u can see are buildings and more buildings.

But I doubt those studios will get such views, most probably reserved for those 3bedrooms and 4bedrooms units.

kane
26-01-10, 23:18
800+psf??? another one of those randomly priced projects. which i won't be surprised will still have people snapping them up for reasons only known to them. beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder is the only logical explanation.

zane80
27-01-10, 07:12
So who wanna pool monies together and buy together? Just asking, no flame intended.

richardsng_era
27-01-10, 09:36
Preliminary Information about The Estuary
99 Years Leasehold

Site Area – Approx. 290,080 sqft

Elevated Ground with Unobstructed Reservoir View

Minutes Walk to Khatib MRT Station

20 minutes MRT ride to Orchard Station

7 Blocks of 15 - 17 Storeys

High-Rise Condominium Project

608 Units

Typical Unit Types
1 Bedroom – Approx. 6XX sq...ft
2 Bedroom – Approx. 9XX sqft
2 + Study – Approx. 1,1XX sqft
3 Bedroom – Approx. 1,1XX sqft to 1,3XX sqft
4 Bedroom – Approx. 1,4XX sqft to 1,5XX sq ft

Full Condominium Facilities
~ 50 m Lap Pool
~ Lagoon Pools
~ Wading Pool
~ Outdoor Dining Pavilion
~ Spa Bed & Seat
~ Qua Gymnasium
~ Clubhouse
~ Indoor Gymnasium
~ Steam Rooms
~ Jacuzzi
~ Children Playground
~ Tennis Court
~ Fitness Corner
~ BBQ Area
~ Water Features

Join Facebook Page "SINGAPORE, D26, YISHUN AVENUE 1/2, THE ESTUARY" for latest updates on The Estuary Condominium by The Waterfront. Click below.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Singapore-Singapore/Singapore-D26-Yishun-Avenue-12-The-Estuary/298510971412?v=app_2347471856

zane80
27-01-10, 10:42
Any agents willing to take 25% comm instead of the usual 100%?
Just wondering if such agents exist or not, i hope no one flame me.

Sea
27-01-10, 22:24
The tentative launch date should be End Feb 2010 /1st week of March

For more essential information and booking via cheque

, Please sms at 90686016 now~~

Thanks and Regards

sleek
29-01-10, 08:05
There's a small B/W 8cm x 10cm advert on today's copy of The Straits Times, page C12 bottom right, of a Preview Booking Seminar on 28 & 29 Jan 2010 at Nee Soon South CC. Think probably a lot of people missed it yesterday too. :D

Sea
29-01-10, 09:04
Preliminary Information about The Estuary
99 Years Leasehold

Site Area – Approx. 290,080 sqft

Elevated Ground with Unobstructed Reservoir View

Minutes Walk to Khatib MRT Station

20 minutes MRT ride to Orchard Station

7 Blocks of 15 - 17 Storeys

High-Rise Condominium Project

608 Units

Typical Unit Types
1 Bedroom – Approx. 6XX sq...ft
2 Bedroom – Approx. 9XX sqft
2 + Study – Approx. 1,1XX sqft
3 Bedroom – Approx. 1,1XX sqft to 1,3XX sqft
4 Bedroom – Approx. 1,4XX sqft to 1,5XX sq ft

Full Condominium Facilities
~ 50 m Lap Pool
~ Lagoon Pools
~ Wading Pool
~ Outdoor Dining Pavilion
~ Spa Bed & Seat
~ Qua Gymnasium
~ Clubhouse
~ Indoor Gymnasium
~ Steam Rooms
~ Jacuzzi
~ Children Playground
~ Tennis Court
~ Fitness Corner
~ BBQ Area
~ Water Features

Open for Bookings via cheque now~~

Dont miss it!!

Sms at 90686016 for more details

Regards

azeoprop
29-01-10, 09:10
There's a small B/W 8cm x 10cm advert on today's copy of The Straits Times, page C12 bottom right, of a Preview Booking Seminar on 28 & 29 Jan 2010 at Nee Soon South CC. Think probably a lot of people missed it yesterday too. :D

No money to buy haa haa....:p

sleek
29-01-10, 09:15
Preview already available le. :rolleyes:

zane80
29-01-10, 15:31
If no money, thats easy. Save money, dun smoke, dun drink, dun take cab, dun go restaurant. Live normally and happily and healthy.

You control yr hand and wallet. U are your own master.

Moo2010
31-01-10, 01:58
I've been staying in shaughnessy and I simply love this area. I'm thinking of getting a small unit (i.e 1 bedder, 600sqft) in Estuary which probably priced ard $500K. Is this a gd investment? pls advise. Thanks

zane80
31-01-10, 08:21
I am 50/50 about investing with my fren.

There might be some disadvantages about it, firstly, it is a 99yrs lease which is more unattractive than a freehold.

If we cannot find a buyer around TOP, it might not be so good.

The prices are quite high and the rental yields are highly lesser than the monthly installments.

azeoprop
31-01-10, 09:06
For 1 bedroom, only stack 03 has partial reservoir view.
For 2 bedrooms only stacks 01 and 02 have reservoir view.

There are alot of planters and bay windows, even the common toilet has a planter. :doh:

teddybear
31-01-10, 09:26
When you step into some projects, you can immediately sense that the developers are trying all ways to create saleable space out of the air that is above the GFA that they can sell. Such blatant act will let you know how good the quality the project can be when the developers are squeezing for extra margin. I will definitely avoid such projects.

There are alot of planters and bay windows, even the common toilet has a planter. :doh:

zane80
31-01-10, 09:36
When you step into some projects, you can immediately sense that the developers are trying all ways to create saleable space out of the air that is above the GFA that they can sell. Such blatant act will let you know how good the quality the project can be when the developers are squeezing for extra margin. I will definitely avoid such projects.

GFA meaning gross floor area? Meaning that create plantings outside the saleable area? I see. I thought the planters outside the toilets is to reduce the smelly smell.

But what if the prices of this property really increase in 2011 or 2012 or after TOP? no one knows....

Sea
31-01-10, 10:20
Open for Bookings via cheque now~~

Dont miss it!!

Sms at 90686016 for more details

Regards

amk
31-01-10, 11:27

where do u find the floor plan ?

Moo2010
31-01-10, 12:47
The developer play smart this time, they focus on selling more smaller units. So i suspect Estuary will be sold out fast though alot of people are still skeptical. Afterall, I have seen too many skeptical remarks about condo pricing in these 2 years, but yet, most development still fully sold.

Moo2010
31-01-10, 12:48
which one sells better? 1 bedder or 2 bedder? or which one worth investing?

Lao Hu
31-01-10, 14:04
The floorplan for ground floor unit with PES is pasted at the corridoor and Nee Soon South CC. Lots of planter and balcony space. :)

kinko123
31-01-10, 15:19
Will be watching how well this condo sells as it will be indicative of the property mkt for this period of time :)

Just some observations. Was quite surprised that the developers actually priced it at $800+ psf given its location. The only selling point is the one-sided view of the reservoir. Been living near that area for over 5 years and can definitely say that the project is grossly overpriced. There are no nearby amenities, nearest is the Khatib central more than 2 bus stops away - a 15mins walk if u have legs the length of Elle Macpherson's. Stadium is no use since its facilities mirrored those within the condo. Reservoir only good for viewing, as only a handful of people ever walk that part of the park. Most of them go to the more central Yishun Park.

Unlike Yishun Sapphire/Emerald, these are at least walking distance to Sembawang Shopping Centre, and short bus rides to Northpoint. For The Estuary, it is stuck in the middle at the crossroad of Yishun and AMK, being far from Northpoint and AMK Hub. Only redeeming point is that it is a 5mins drive to SLE. So u should be able to reach town in 25mins on a normal day afternoon. If peak hour traffic, u should be able to reach town in perhaps 45mins to an hour.

But then I believe people will still buy. But then, they buy anything during this period of time...

patricia
31-01-10, 21:01
Will be watching how well this condo sells as it will be indicative of the property mkt for this period of time :)

Just some observations. Was quite surprised that the developers actually priced it at $800+ psf given its location. The only selling point is the one-sided view of the reservoir. Been living near that area for over 5 years and can definitely say that the project is grossly overpriced. There are no nearby amenities, nearest is the Khatib central more than 2 bus stops away - a 15mins walk if u have legs the length of Elle Macpherson's. Stadium is no use since its facilities mirrored those within the condo. Reservoir only good for viewing, as only a handful of people ever walk that part of the park. Most of them go to the more central Yishun Park.

Unlike Yishun Sapphire/Emerald, these are at least walking distance to Sembawang Shopping Centre, and short bus rides to Northpoint. For The Estuary, it is stuck in the middle at the crossroad of Yishun and AMK, being far from Northpoint and AMK Hub. Only redeeming point is that it is a 5mins drive to SLE. So u should be able to reach town in 25mins on a normal day afternoon. If peak hour traffic, u should be able to reach town in perhaps 45mins to an hour.

But then I believe people will still buy. But then, they buy anything during this period of time...
What you said doesn't seem to be accurate leh:scared-5: :scared-5: . My relative who lives in Orchid Park said it take less than 10 minutes to walk from Orchid Park to Khatib MRT. Estuary is about the same distance to the Khatib MRT. So it should take less that 10 minutes too.Taking 15 minutes to walk 2 bus-stop from Estuary to Khatib MRT seems to me like lover-type of walk. On the other the distance from Saphhire/Emerald to Sembawang Shopping Centre needs running-type speed to reach it in reasonable time. It is definitely not walkable:scared-4: :scared-4: . Going to NorthPoint from Estuary/Orchid Park/Saphhire/Emerald are equally easy/difficult. They belong to same category in that sense. Anyway, as you said, no matter what people will still buy. However one should tell the truth nothing but the truth:tsk-tsk: :tsk-tsk:

Moo2010
31-01-10, 23:15
Ya, I also agree he talk nonsense, where got alot of people go Yishun central park instead? I drive pass every weekend and notice there are more people gathering at the reservior area canoing. In terms of convenience, I feel that Estuary's location has very nearby bus stop with many buses serving different routes, which I feel this is a plus point. As for mrt, I agree not that near lah but my mum tried walking before and it only takes her 8-10mins normal walk. I don't think my mum has Elle Macpherson's leg to get there. Think he not familiar with the place at all. :tongue3:

zane80
31-01-10, 23:41
Everyone is telling the truth, a fit walker might take less than 10 mins to reach Khatib Mrt, an old man may take 20 mins to walk there, i can run there in 2 mins.

The reservoir indeed is having more water sports soon, I even saw a young tanned hot babe there on sat morning.

Downside is price quite high and its 99 years. But Cote A'Zure beside parkway is also 99 years. But you cannot compare both.

nav14
01-02-10, 08:01

Are you staying at Yishun Emerald/Sapphire. Must be a case of sour grapes. It takes 10 mins longer going from Yishun Emerald to Orchard as it does from The Estuary. The Estuary is located at the edge of Yishun and 10 mins is a lot. In fact from The Estuary to Orchard would take about the same time as from the Central project by FEO to Orchard and this is priced at 1200psf. So The Estuary is a steal at 800psf relatively speaking. I stay at Orchid Park and it takes me 7 minutes to walk to Khatib MRT and 6 minutes to Sheng Song, NTUC etc From teh Estuary it should be at the most 8 to the shops and Khatib MRT. From here to Orchard on a Sunday morning in low traffic takes me 19 minutes which is faster than many otehr areas seemingly closer to Orchard. There is only one manually operated traffic light at a pedestrian crossing which is green most of the time between The Estuary and the CTE exit to Cairnhill.

azeoprop
01-02-10, 09:36
Are you staying at Yishun Emerald/Sapphire. Must be a case of sour grapes. It takes 10 mins longer going from Yishun Emerald to Orchard as it does from The Estuary. The Estuary is located at the edge of Yishun and 10 mins is a lot. In fact from The Estuary to Orchard would take about the same time as from the Central project by FEO to Orchard and this is priced at 1200psf. So The Estuary is a steal at 800psf relatively speaking. I stay at Orchid Park and it takes me 7 minutes to walk to Khatib MRT and 6 minutes to Sheng Song, NTUC etc From teh Estuary it should be at the most 8 to the shops and Khatib MRT. From here to Orchard on a Sunday morning in low traffic takes me 19 minutes which is faster than many otehr areas seemingly closer to Orchard. There is only one manually operated traffic light at a pedestrian crossing which is green most of the time between The Estuary and the CTE exit to Cairnhill.

The only problem is CTE is forever jammed. :doh:

teddybear
01-02-10, 10:00
The reason why people now willing to pay more to live closer to central area (HDB selling at $700k!) is because it is more convenient to get to anywhere quickly, especially to work in central, south, and south-west. With the ever increasing population and cars, traffic jam is the norm during peak hours and heavy traffic is the norm even during off-peak hours! Without the heavy traffic & traffic jam, I (and obviously anybody else) don't mind living in Woodlands and pay half the price or even less for their properties compared to areas in or near central region. So fact is, these areas just take too much time to go anywhere else.

zane80
01-02-10, 10:18
Thanks to all the experts here, I learnt many things.

Question is, to buy or not to buy or to wait and see? Thats the most impt qn.

A) Buy
B) Not Buy
C) Wait and see

Sea
01-02-10, 11:04
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc302/noaharkk/reservorview3-1.jpg

azeoprop
01-02-10, 11:15
For me is C wait and see.

DC33_2008
01-02-10, 11:21
Thanks to all the experts here, I learnt many things.

Question is, to buy or not to buy or to wait and see? Thats the most impt qn.

A) Buy
B) Not Buy
C) Wait and see

It depends if you are:

A) Owner-occupied
B) Short-term Investor (Flipper)
C) Long-Term Investor

tokbooncheng
01-02-10, 13:17
My 2 cents is that if you willing pay 1 million for the 1200sqft 3 bedroom unit
in Estuary why dun you consider ~ 1.2million for a 3000sqft cluster house in 3 year old ' The Shaughnessy ' which is 3mins car ride away but of course no reservoir view la but again who will everyday stand at the windows/ balcony & see the reservoir.... :)

THE SHAUGHNESSY MILTONIA CLOSE Terrace House 1 1,205,000 3,305 Strata 365 Dec-09
THE SHAUGHNESSY MILTONIA CLOSE Terrace House 1 1,150,000 3,283 Strata 350 Nov-09
THE SHAUGHNESSY MILTONIA CLOSE Terrace House 1 1,300,000 3,498 Strata 372 Nov-09

amk
01-02-10, 14:51
aiyoh this Shaughnessy is at such a godforsaken location, it's a "3 min drive" into no man's land. The MCL's plot is at a far better location lah. At least MRT and market are walkable. For HDB upgraders who are used to the close proximity of these things, being near to markets and MRT is far more important. I think those 3/4 bds should have a decent reservoir view. And it's not surrounded by HDB blocks, so should have a lot of demand from the ppl staying near by. This is the 1st condo project in Yishun in the last 10yrs , the last being the Saphine/Emerald project right ?

btw Shaughnessy's 3000 sft area is made of 3 levels. Each level itself is very small. You have to walk down/up very frequently (to go to the bedrooms, toilets, etc). This is extremely old-folks-unfriendly. You can't even install a lift inside as there is no provision.

Condorich
01-02-10, 15:11
in Estuary why dun you consider ~ 1.2million for a 3000sqft cluster house in 3 year old ' The Shaughnessy ' which is 3mins car ride away but of course no reservoir view la but again who will everyday stand at the windows/ balcony & see the reservoir.... :)

THE SHAUGHNESSY MILTONIA CLOSE Terrace House 1 1,205,000 3,305 Strata 365 Dec-09
THE SHAUGHNESSY MILTONIA CLOSE Terrace House 1 1,150,000 3,283 Strata 350 Nov-09
THE SHAUGHNESSY MILTONIA CLOSE Terrace House 1 1,300,000 3,498 Strata 372 Nov-09

Smart choice...

If someone likes the reserviour, they will be near it, jogging, fishing at the grounds etc and not from their balcony. You forget to mention those huge white color dishes... can be seen clearly....

If you are looking for big units, I would suggest to wait for the land parcel released next to it and see the developer's tentative pricing. These elephants are last to be sold out.

If you are looking for 1 bedders.. no need to think much as they sell out very fast.

Personally, I feel that even for big units costing 1 million and above.. you might want to top up your budget to 1.5 million to 2 million and get a FH landed/cluster as is a better choice.

azeoprop
01-02-10, 16:40
Was at the launch of THE SHAUGHNESSY a few years ago, if i remember the price was around 800k. But we found that the units are very packed together so did not buy. :beats-me-man:

Moo2010
01-02-10, 17:35
Smart choice...

If someone likes the reserviour, they will be near it, jogging, fishing at the grounds etc and not from their balcony. You forget to mention those huge white color dishes... can be seen clearly....

If you are looking for big units, I would suggest to wait for the land parcel released next to it and see the developer's tentative pricing. These elephants are last to be sold out.

If you are looking for 1 bedders.. no need to think much as they sell out very fast.

Personally, I feel that even for big units costing 1 million and above.. you might want to top up your budget to 1.5 million to 2 million and get a FH landed/cluster as is a better choice.

Free hold landed/cluster at 1.5mil? I think you can only get it at sembawang, you can even see Malaysia infront of your house.

Moo2010
01-02-10, 17:40
Was at the launch of THE SHAUGHNESSY a few years ago, if i remember the price was around 800k. But we found that the units are very packed together so did not buy. :beats-me-man:

Shaughnessy was launched 3-4 years ago, selling at 800K to 950K. Now no more such price already. I bought it over a mil. But no regret as the unit is facing country club golf course...more privacy and nice greenery. Will still go for Shaughnessy instead of Estuary because the price is similar but size is twice of Estuary 4-bedder. There's a big roof terrace for you to hold functions and BBQs.

Condorich
02-02-10, 07:58
Free hold landed/cluster at 1.5mil? I think you can only get it at sembawang, you can even see Malaysia infront of your house.

Not exactly, just giving you an example in the North.... do you research.... alamak!!!

PRIVATE Terrace
$1,290k
($560psf)
THONG SOON ROAD
07 Jan
Add

Thong Soon Road
Asking Price
$1,290k
District
Bedrooms
Built-up Area
214 sqm / 2303 sqft
Landed Area
167sqm
Remarks
Terraced House(Freehold).
Posted Date
07 Jan

Spring Leaf Villas
PRIVATE Terrace
$1,450k
($414psf)
Springleaf Villas, 73
03 Jan
Add

Asking Price
$1,450k
District
Bedrooms
Built-up Area
325 sqm / 3498 sqft
Landed Area
83sqm
Remarks
Cluster House(999-year Leasehold).
Posted Date
03 Jan

Moo2010
02-02-10, 13:12
Not exactly, just giving you an example in the North.... do you research.... alamak!!!

PRIVATE Terrace
$1,290k
($560psf)
THONG SOON ROAD
07 Jan
Add

Thong Soon Road
Asking Price
$1,290k
District
Bedrooms
Built-up Area
214 sqm / 2303 sqft
Landed Area
167sqm
Remarks
Terraced House(Freehold).
Posted Date
07 Jan

Spring Leaf Villas
PRIVATE Terrace
$1,450k
($414psf)
Springleaf Villas, 73
03 Jan
Add

Asking Price
$1,450k
District
Bedrooms
Built-up Area
325 sqm / 3498 sqft
Landed Area
83sqm
Remarks
Cluster House(999-year Leasehold).
Posted Date
03 Jan

Now I know why they under 1.5mil, they are located in such ulu location so that you can see monkeys more often. :doh:

Condorich
02-02-10, 14:00
Now I know why they under 1.5mil, they are located in such ulu location so that you can see monkeys more often. :doh:

nevermind, at least now you know.. :doh:

anyway you pay for what you get. :beats-me-man:

your first point about them being only available at sembawang is clearly wrong. :tsk-tsk:

There are lots available listings at other areas... with or without monkeys... :cool:

If you want them real cheap, try across the causeway. :doh:

nav14
02-02-10, 14:17

It is much better now with the expansion unless you are always travelling at super peak.

nav14
02-02-10, 15:35

This I will agree. If your kids or yourself don't depend on public transport, then Shaughnessy is very good value for money even though you have to keep climbing up and down with each floor having only 1-2 rooms. 1.2million for 3300sq ft is relatively cheap.

I have the best reservoir/golf course view me in front of me at my Orchid Park Condo penthouse but I hardly look out of the window and admire the view nowdays. Got immune to it.

kinko123
02-02-10, 16:24

Quite amused to read the responses :) Nope, I am not at Sapphire nor Emerald. Living in one of the Blk 800+ flats. Passed by the Estuary site a few days ago and still clocked around 15mins with the stroll. Orchid Park is much nearer as u can "cut through" the HDB blks. Not sure where the Estuary's entrance would be located but the fail-safe route would be the main road pavement along Khatib and The Estuary. Btw, also cannot compare the FEO project as its location is far better with much more amenities. $800+ PSF is ....well difficult to describe when the freehold Northwoods (near chongpang & maybe Northpoint) and the premium Rosewood Suites (outside BKE) in Woodlands is only in the sub 600+. Oh, and when it is a Sunday morning, everywhere is faster, near or far, unless u happen to live near a Church :doh:

kinko123
02-02-10, 16:55
Oh, and The Shaungessey and the Springhill are value for $$ when it comes to size :) Especially the Springhill as it is so near to Sembawang Shopping Centre

jitkiat
02-02-10, 20:35
http://www.h88.com.sg/images/content/2010-02-02/estuary_pool.jpg
Elevated pool to have reservoir view??

jonleelk
02-02-10, 22:19
http://www.h88.com.sg/images/content/2010-02-02/estuary_pool.jpg
Elevated pool to have reservoir view??

MSC again? :mad:

Condorich
03-02-10, 05:22
Yes MSC... plus basement carparks as reported earlier in the news.

I was hoping that the blocks are better placed so that those facing reserviour will not face the statelite dishes as much...

Imagine the spikes at the other side.... if u look at them everyday out of your bed room, like a dagger to the heart after buying.

03-02-10, 09:09
It looks like the clubhouse by the pool might offer a possible free "season ticket" to the stadium. A bit like the exclusive viewing galleries for the VIP in the EPL.

Condorich
03-02-10, 10:44
It looks like the clubhouse by the pool might offer a possible free "season ticket" to the stadium. A bit like the exclusive viewing galleries for the VIP in the EPL.

I think a better bet are the units facing it and on higher floors..

Anyway I have a thought/wish about the stadium being demolised and moved completely... which could be easily done by demolishing the stupid and odd looking structure. Pure speculation at this point in time.

Many possible area in the north for the new stadium should it be moved.

Sea
03-02-10, 12:51
Latest Updates on Estuary/Another sell out Project

Est. Launch date / 25 and 26 Feb!!!

Cheques keep coming in !!

Secure ur choice units now!!

For Booking via cheque/

Please sms at 90686016!

nav14
03-02-10, 16:53
Quite amused to read the responses :) Nope, I am not at Sapphire nor Emerald. Living in one of the Blk 800+ flats. Passed by the Estuary site a few days ago and still clocked around 15mins with the stroll. Orchid Park is much nearer as u can "cut through" the HDB blks. Not sure where the Estuary's entrance would be located but the fail-safe route would be the main road pavement along Khatib and The Estuary. Btw, also cannot compare the FEO project as its location is far better with much more amenities. $800+ PSF is ....well difficult to describe when the freehold Northwoods (near chongpang & maybe Northpoint) and the premium Rosewood Suites (outside BKE) in Woodlands is only in the sub 600+. Oh, and when it is a Sunday morning, everywhere is faster, near or far, unless u happen to live near a Church :doh:

There will be a gate at the back of The Estuary next to Stadium From that area to Khatib MRT is no more than 8 minutes . Orchid Park is not much nearer especially to MRT though 2 minutes shorter walk to shops maybe. How is FEO project much better other than shopping centre. The MRT ride from Khatib to AMK is only 5-6 minutes. It is next to a smoky bus interchange. It is blocked from all sides and no open water view where he nearest building in front is 3-4 km away unlike Estuary. So 50% higher price justified or not. At the most 20% higher. 800psf is now the norm everywhere - it is the minimum for all new projects. If Rosewood Suites and Nortwood which are in inferior locations were launched today they will also be at least 750psf - 800psf.
From Rosewood to Orchard even of you are the only persson driving on CTE will take you at least 30-35 minutes lah. From Tampines or Tanah Merah on Sunday morning where can reach Orchard in 19 minutes even if the police escort you all the way?

nav14
03-02-10, 16:57
Oh, and The Shaungessey and the Springhill are value for $$ when it comes to size :) Especially the Springhill as it is so near to Sembawang Shopping Centre

Springhill is one room one floor and there are 5 flights of stairs. Shaughnessy is much better designed. No use staying next to shopping centre like Sembawang Shpg Centre. Just as good as not having a shpg centre. Have you seen the variety of shops? 5 minutes I will finish walking around all the floors.

teddybear
03-02-10, 18:45
The person drive only on Sunday? Only off-peak hours? Own off-peak cars? Otherwise why never consider driving everyday conditions, especially peak hours kids go to school, ownself go to work or carry out own business dealing etc?

Moo2010
03-02-10, 19:46
Springhill is one room one floor and there are 5 flights of stairs. Shaughnessy is much better designed. No use staying next to shopping centre like Sembawang Shpg Centre. Just as good as not having a shpg centre. Have you seen the variety of shops? 5 minutes I will finish walking around all the floors.

I agree with Nav14 not because I'm staying in Shaughnessy but I feel that shaughnessy is quite spaciously designed and the best part is my unit is facing the country club golfcourse directly infront. No west sun, but very windy. The shaughnessy has a very spacious roof top where I can hold BBQ and gatherings. It is sure a better buy than springhill or Estuary 4 bedder due to its price and also proximity to the main expressway like SLE. Very convenient esp when we drive.

kinko123
03-02-10, 20:33
There will be a gate at the back of The Estuary next to Stadium From that area to Khatib MRT is no more than 8 minutes . Orchid Park is not much nearer especially to MRT though 2 minutes shorter walk to shops maybe. How is FEO project much better other than shopping centre. The MRT ride from Khatib to AMK is only 5-6 minutes. It is next to a smoky bus interchange. It is blocked from all sides and no open water view where he nearest building in front is 3-4 km away unlike Estuary. So 50% higher price justified or not. At the most 20% higher. 800psf is now the norm everywhere - it is the minimum for all new projects. If Rosewood Suites and Nortwood which are in inferior locations were launched today they will also be at least 750psf - 800psf.
From Rosewood to Orchard even of you are the only persson driving on CTE will take you at least 30-35 minutes lah. From Tampines or Tanah Merah on Sunday morning where can reach Orchard in 19 minutes even if the police escort you all the way?

Man! U sure sounds eager to sell The Estuary :scared-5:

Try taking the PIE next time from Tampines. exit either CTE or Stevens. Hope u are able to get to town pretty fast in future :). and from for Rosewood Drive, enter the Woodlands exit and drive a little bit faster than u normally do, say about 100kph (still within "legal" limits :doh:). Think u can reach town pretty fast too :) since it is only say 4-5 mins away from the Lentor exit.

teddybear
03-02-10, 21:04
"From here to Orchard on a Sunday morning in low traffic takes me 19 minutes which is faster than many otehr areas seemingly closer to Orchard."
I just can't see how living in Yishun or anywhere else that is so far away from Orchard can arrive in Orchard faster than the so-called "other areas seemingly closer to Orchard". What areas are these? :confused:
If even on Sunday morning it takes 19 minutes, then during weekdays peak hours must need probably an hour? (I have been through this before and I know what it is like between peak and off-peak hours).

tokbooncheng
03-02-10, 21:43
aiyoh this Shaughnessy is at such a godforsaken location, it's a "3 min drive" into no man's land. The MCL's plot is at a far better location lah. At least MRT and market are walkable. For HDB upgraders who are used to the close proximity of these things, being near to markets and MRT is far more important. I think those 3/4 bds should have a decent reservoir view. And it's not surrounded by HDB blocks, so should have a lot of demand from the ppl staying near by. This is the 1st condo project in Yishun in the last 10yrs , the last being the Saphine/Emerald project right ?

btw Shaughnessy's 3000 sft area is made of 3 levels. Each level itself is very small. You have to walk down/up very frequently (to go to the bedrooms, toilets, etc). This is extremely old-folks-unfriendly. You can't even install a lift inside as there is no provision.

Anyway think Shaughnessy got shuttle bus service to Yishun MRT... correct me if i am wrong & walkable distance to market but its blk 400plus la.
Old folks unfriendly is very true la...

Moo2010
04-02-10, 17:41
Anyway think Shaughnessy got shuttle bus service to Yishun MRT... correct me if i am wrong & walkable distance to market but its blk 400plus la.
Old folks unfriendly is very true la...

Shaughnessy got shuttle to Yishun MRT and khatib, not quite sure bacuse I don't take the shuttle bus as often as I drive. One thing I must say is though I stayed in Shaughnessy, but location wise Estuary still better I think as it is nearer to the expressway and mrt. However, nearer also mean noisier. Shuaghnessy is nearer to country club, more peaceful and serene.

azeoprop
04-02-10, 19:51
Shaughnessy got shuttle to Yishun MRT and khatib, not quite sure bacuse I don't take the shuttle bus as often as I drive. One thing I must say is though I stayed in Shaughnessy, but location wise Estuary still better I think as it is nearer to the expressway and mrt. However, nearer also mean noisier. Shuaghnessy is nearer to country club, more peaceful and serene.

I heard some units in Shuaghnessy are makeshift temples? Is that true? :beats-me-man:

patricia
05-02-10, 09:49
I think Orchid Park has the best of both world. Near and yet not too near ( facinating right! ):D :D to both the expressway and MRT.

Condorich
06-02-10, 06:56
I think Orchid Park has the best of both world. Near and yet not too near ( facinating right! ):D :D to both the expressway and MRT.

But a bit third world standards?

kal
06-02-10, 10:22
a bit?? think is a generation apart:scared-4:

Moo2010
06-02-10, 12:08
orchid park looks like those 1-2room rental HDB flat built 30 yrs ago. Very old and torn down. How come the management didnt do anything abt it?

azeoprop
06-02-10, 16:26
The Estuary vs Waterfront Gold/Key/Waves. Which have higher potential? :beats-me-man:

noblebaby
06-02-10, 16:51
Housing is getting expensive in Singapore... so, both also have potential...

Many are actually waiting for the announcement of DTL3. If one of the stations is near to the Waterfront Key/Waves, their value will be unlocked.

The Estuary vs Waterfront Gold/Key/Waves. Which have higher potential? :beats-me-man:

jitkiat
06-02-10, 19:14
You must think about who is going to buy from you come TOP? Is HDB resale transaction at Yishun/Khatib high enough?

Potong Pasir got HDB upgraders from McNair Road, Bedok area got expensive seaview HDB flats, Simei got 4th uni / changi biz park coming up to push up HDB prices, Yishun may be nurses from the new hospital only :D

Look at Pasir Ris, still stuck at 600+psf while other areas have gone up by at least 20%

mantrix
07-02-10, 10:38
they said garmen is revamping the perimeter of the reservoir into a new lifestyle zone - that could help to push up the appeal of the area. I suspect Yishun area has been undervalued for a while now, it may not get expensive soon but it definitely won't go down in value for sure.

The nearby condos / HDB will get a boost in psf value by Estuary especially if it sells well, which we'll see :)

07-02-10, 11:34
orchid park looks like those 1-2room rental HDB flat built 30 yrs ago. Very old and torn down. How come the management didnt do anything abt it?

Hmm...I have never been there but looking at photos taken at google earth, it isn't that bad leh. Doesn't look like 1-2room rental HDB built 30 yrs ago at all.

kinko123
07-02-10, 15:51
Hmm...I have never been there but looking at photos taken at google earth, it isn't that bad leh. Doesn't look like 1-2room rental HDB built 30 yrs ago at all.

It's at least condo-like with its security guardroom. But overall looks very old once u get inside. Quite comparable to all those aged housings that u see in other district e.g. D19. That's why I guess many of the residents there are happy to see the Estuary and would hope for Estuary to be priced as premium, as it will help to boost the price of OP. Else think it is quite difficult to sell. Mostly for rent only.

patricia
07-02-10, 19:50
It's at least condo-like with its security guardroom. But overall looks very old once u get inside. Quite comparable to all those aged housings that u see in other district e.g. D19. That's why I guess many of the residents there are happy to see the Estuary and would hope for Estuary to be priced as premium, as it will help to boost the price of OP. Else think it is quite difficult to sell. Mostly for rent only.
Although OP looks old ( maybe need some facelift :scared-2:), but the blocks are far apart. You can feel that the compound is very spacious. Unlike Emerald/Saphire, you fell very cramped when you go in the condo. The building are close to each other and the walking path are very squeezy.:2cents: :2cents:

nav14
08-02-10, 08:50
Man! U sure sounds eager to sell The Estuary :scared-5:

Try taking the PIE next time from Tampines. exit either CTE or Stevens. Hope u are able to get to town pretty fast in future :). and from for Rosewood Drive, enter the Woodlands exit and drive a little bit faster than u normally do, say about 100kph (still within "legal" limits :doh:). Think u can reach town pretty fast too :) since it is only say 4-5 mins away from the Lentor exit.

Correction - it took me just 16 minutes to reach Orchard from Khatib on Sunday at 10am. There is no way it takes 16 minutes from Tampines or even Woodlands. In 2 1/2 minutes you can get from The Estuary location to the entrance of SLE/CTE. It takes 10 minutes to drive from Rosewood in Woodlands (especially if you get stuck at the major traffic junction) to drive to the same point on SLE/CTE where the vehicles from Khatib will be entering it.
I am not supporting The Estuary as I find it overpriced. I am enjoying a better view than that from The Estuary at Orchid Park in a 1808sq ft apt that will cost lesser than than a 1100sq ft apt at The Estuary.
I am just a strong supporter of the location as it is grossly underrated in terms of convenience.

nav14
08-02-10, 09:00

Orchid Park is a 15 year old apt and the age shows. It has been made worst since the management in the early days did not enforece controls in standardinsing the windows/grilles to be installed at the balcony.

It is due for painting now which should be done by end of this year. The place is slowly being upgraded . The pool tiles have been changed, etc. It will never ever look like a new condo no matter what upgrading is done. But walk through its landscaped grounds, and then you will realise you will never find anything as spacious and relaxing in the newer condos. Anyway it is so much cheaper than The Estuary. For the kind of space, scenery , conveneince and low price I can't complain. There are so many parking lots that there are owners with 4 cars and still pay the same maintenance fees and half the parking lots remain empty.

teddybear
08-02-10, 09:01
Talk of grossly overpriced for justifying view makes me remember some so-called bay-view condos asking for $3k psf! The view of Estuary is actually fantastic and the environment very green and friendly (if we don't consider the location). As such, the so-called bay-view condos have no advantage as to the view nor to its location as compared to other condos in D9-D11. Ha ha!

Correction - it took me just 16 minutes to reach Orchard from Khatib on Sunday at 10am. There is no way it takes 16 minutes from Tampines or even Woodlands. In 2 1/2 minutes you can get from The Estuary location to the entrance of SLE/CTE. It takes 10 minutes to drive from Rosewood in Woodlands (especially if you get stuck at the major traffic junction) to drive to the same point on SLE/CTE where the vehicles from Khatib will be entering it.
I am not supporting The Estuary as I find it overpriced. I am enjoying a better view than that from The Estuary at Orchid Park in a 1808sq ft apt that will cost lesser than than a 1100sq ft apt at The Estuary.
I am just a strong supporter of the location as it is grossly underrated in terms of convenience.

nav14
08-02-10, 09:09
By the way I unerstand that the average price at the The Estuary is around 900psf and the top range hits $1050psf

nav14
08-02-10, 09:14
Talk of grossly overpriced for justifying view makes me remember some so-called bay-view condos asking for $3k psf! The view of Estuary is actually fantastic and the environment very green and friendly (if we don't consider the location). As such, the so-called bay-view condos have no advantage as to the view nor to its location as compared to other condos in D9-D11. Ha ha!

Frankly I find the view one of the best in Singapore (not because I am staying there)- better than the cranes and ships infested sea view you get from Marina Bay or East Coast You get a pefect combination of soothing greenery and water view.

nav14
08-02-10, 09:24

Frankly I find the view one of the best in Singapore (not because I am staying there)- better than the cranes and ships infested sea view you get from Marina Bay or East Coast You get a pefect combination of soothing greenery and water view.

nav14
08-02-10, 09:28
Am i wrong to say this is one of the best views in Singapore from my unit at Orchid Park

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd135/ns99/DSC01193.jpg

patricia
08-02-10, 10:10
Not only that the view is fanstatic now. It will always have a fantastic view. There will never be any blockage in the future ( unless they move the reservor :jaw-dropping:)

Condorich
08-02-10, 12:42
Most adverts selling on views...

Cannot touch and cannot taste.. why place so much weight? It is just a factor and not the sole important factor. some HDB's there got much better views actually. This explains the reserviour view layout for the bigger units.. For this project, I would think that it is mainly targetting HDB upgraders in Yishun or even those in private estate around Yishun. When this becomes fully sold... OP can try to go en-bloc... and boast a much much better view... MRT distance is only marginal as compared to this one.

This project should be about the same pricing with D5 coastal heights (beside Blue Horizon) or whatever it is called... both has great views (sea views versus reserviour view) but one is near MRT and the other without. Whichever is better, your take and your risk.

nav14
08-02-10, 12:56

Cannot touch and cannot taste.. why place so much weight? It is just a factor and not the sole important factor. some HDB's there got much better views actually. This explains the reserviour view layout for the bigger units.. For this project, I would think that it is mainly targetting HDB upgraders in Yishun or even those in private estate around Yishun. When this becomes fully sold... OP can try to go en-bloc... and boast a much much better view... MRT distance is only marginal as compared to this one.

This project should be about the same pricing with D5 coastal heights (beside Blue Horizon) or whatever it is called... both has great views (sea views versus reserviour view) but one is near MRT and the other without. Whichever is better, your take and your risk.

Isn's the message we have got from past property purchase trends that Singaporeans place an heavy emphasis on views. The difference in price in the same project can be almost 80% just because of the view. The Sail is an eg where the best view units are going for close to 3000psf and the lousier view ones around 1700psf.

So why should the view of The Estuary be now deemphasised? Just because it is in an "ulu" location?

OP does not have much of a chance to go en-bloc at the moment. Maybe if the plot ratio goes up which is unlikely or when the price gap widens many years down the road.

cheerful
08-02-10, 14:50
Isn's the message we have got from past property purchase trends that Singaporeans place an heavy emphasis on views. The difference in price in the same project can be almost 80% just because of the view. The Sail is an eg where the best view units are going for close to 3000psf and the lousier view ones around 1700psf.

So why should the view of The Estuary be now deemphasised? Just because it is in an "ulu" location?

Location cannot change but views can leh ... but of course unlikely to move a reservoir (& more importantly, your OP doesn't have empty plot in front of it).
About 'ulu' anot .. hmmmm. Yishun, for the majority, probably holds a different value compared to near-town locations. But for those working near Yishun, yes the view is nice :)

patricia
08-02-10, 15:11

It is no brainer that ones canot compare the Blue Horizon's seaview with the Orchid Park's reserviour. The Blue Horizon's seaview is literally just seaview. All its others attributes are undesirable. Cranes, foul smell, pollution from the port & heavy lorries. On the other hand, the only bad thing about the Orchid Park's reserviour view is the Yishun Ave 1 traffic. All else is fantastic. Serene reserviour view with huge stretch of green of seletar country club. The huge satellite points more toward the Estuary than Orchid Park.

amk
08-02-10, 15:40
By the way I unerstand that the average price at the The Estuary is around 900psf and the top range hits $1050psf
I have some SMSs suggesting 780-830. Looks like the number is flexible, depending on the response. :) This project really has unusually large balconies, so even at $800 it's as if $850.

nav I agree with you , this part of Yishun is a better location, but grossly under valued. Well, you know, this is kind of perception thing. Even in HDB terms, Yishun is just known to be the cheapest among all the mature estates. For no apparent reason.

Dark Mage
08-02-10, 16:37

I think the same.

And Orchid Park just looks run down...I thought of getting a unit there cos its near greenery. I just can't believe how bad it looks.

abcdefgh
08-02-10, 20:46
I agree that more needs to be done to improve the look.
A coAt of paint would make a world of a difference. Painting
contract is being done. The mgmt has done a number of
improvements. Once the paint is done, it will look really good.
We always knew that this condo was a huge Value for money.

zzz1
08-02-10, 22:32
I have some SMSs suggesting 780-830. Looks like the number is flexible, depending on the response. :) This project really has unusually large balconies, so even at $800 it's as if $850.

nav I agree with you , this part of Yishun is a better location, but grossly under valued. Well, you know, this is kind of perception thing. Even in HDB terms, Yishun is just known to be the cheapest among all the mature estates. For no apparent reason.

yishun had risen and is more ex then then Woodands

nav14
09-02-10, 07:34
I agree that more needs to be done to improve the look.
A coAt of paint would make a world of a difference. Painting
contract is being done. The mgmt has done a number of
improvements. Once the paint is done, it will look really good.
We always knew that this condo was a huge Value for money.

An Australian based designer costing $10k is being engaged to come out with the colour scheme as compared to the $500 that the in house designers of colour scheme of painting companies cost. That is the only way to make the estate look fresh as nothing much could be done with the dated design.

nav14
09-02-10, 07:39

It takes 10 minutes to travel from Khatib to the edge of Yishun and that is how much nearer it is to town. As you said the whole area is lumped together as Yishun and its negative perception, with people missing out the good attributes of this particular location.

nav14
09-02-10, 07:47
Location cannot change but views can leh ... but of course unlikely to move a reservoir (& more importantly, your OP doesn't have empty plot in front of it).
About 'ulu' anot .. hmmmm. Yishun, for the majority, probably holds a different value compared to near-town locations. But for those working near Yishun, yes the view is nice :)

Of course you cannot compare to near town locations and the price is half of it anyway. But compared to other suburb locations like Bedok , Tampines, Choa Chu Kang, Simei etc it is no inferior and in fact better than some which are further away from downtown. It is the perception that is working against it. But people who know what value for money is will not hesitate.

nav14
09-02-10, 07:49
I think the same.

And Orchid Park just looks run down...I thought of getting a unit there cos its near greenery. I just can't believe how bad it looks.

Come back and look at it after it has been repainted and realiase what a world of difference that would make and then walk into equally old 15 yr old condos and compare.

Regulators
09-02-10, 08:06
it has been years since i stepped into yishun, it almost seems the place is non-existent in my life

azeoprop
09-02-10, 09:57
I love Yishun, it is one of the very few HDB towns with a kampong feel, and not as crowded with lots of greenery. :)

nav14
09-02-10, 11:51
it has been years since i stepped into yishun, it almost seems the place is non-existent in my life

I did not know Singapore was so big

cheerful
09-02-10, 13:22
Of course you cannot compare to near town locations and the price is half of it anyway. But compared to other suburb locations like Bedok , Tampines, Choa Chu Kang, Simei etc it is no inferior and in fact better than some which are further away from downtown. It is the perception that is working against it. But people who know what value for money is will not hesitate.

Aiyoh agree with you that views are important lah ... it's just a gneral comment that view is one of the considerations (of cuz not solely). Yes, yes that picture already speaks a thousand words ... nice scenary ok.

09-02-10, 14:58
The view is indeed beautiful, it must be even more so during mornings and evenings. But how about at night? Is it just pitch black? Juz curious thnks

Am i wrong to say this is one of the best views in Singapore from my unit at Orchid Park

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd135/ns99/DSC01193.jpg

azeoprop
09-02-10, 18:31
The view is indeed beautiful, it must be even more so during mornings and evenings. But how about at night? Is it just pitch black? Juz curious thnks

Yes, its pitch black at night except when the golf course lights are on, and the faint distant city lights. You can also see the red beacon lights of the dishes.:)

Property_Owner
09-02-10, 18:46
Is this selling 800plus to 900 psf? If so then Dakota will look damn cheap.

seeker
10-02-10, 01:51
I actually think Yishun is quite nice to stay in leh. No i don't stay in Yishun.

nav14
10-02-10, 08:05
Yes, its pitch black at night except when the golf course lights are on, and the faint distant city lights. You can also see the red beacon lights of the dishes.:)

Yes it is dark at night but still can see fireworks (at least the top 3/4 of it) & also the top 1/2 of the flyer on a clear day.

amk
10-02-10, 10:46
Is this selling 800plus to 900 psf? If so then Dakota will look damn cheap.

which Dakota ? the new one from UOL ?

Property_Owner
10-02-10, 13:30
which Dakota ? the new one from UOL ?

Dakota Residences. Heard developer still got units left. about 9xxpsf last heard. You might want to check it out.

Condorich
10-02-10, 13:48
Dakota Residences. Heard developer still got units left. about 9xxpsf last heard. You might want to check it out.

It might seem to be a better bet over there. At least, it is much nearer to CITY

348 units, launched 280 of which 5 left unsold, medium price 986 in Dec 09.

Bigger units left but not launched yet.