PDA

View Full Version : The Estuary

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

ESTUARY GUNDU
03-04-13, 17:28
and in quarterly payment if its the same across all mcst. And this maintenance fee will be subject to revision if the mcst has strong justifications for any variation in maintenance costs but usually, any decisions will be deliberated and approved in their meetings which will consist of home owners for the project. So if you want to have a 'stake' in the project, volunteer as a member but take note each member will only be allocated voting rights in accordance to their share in the project. For example, 2 bedder owners entitled to 1 share, 3 bedder = 2 shares and so on. By now, you should already know how much share you are entitled based on your maintenance fees. This was what I know from my previous property but should apply in general for all condos. Hope it helps and congrats, the wait is finally over.
Hi
Being a first timer, I am "shah Gu"...may I ask what do u mean by "to have a 'stake' in the project, volunteer as a member....will only allocated voting rights..." Do u mean that if we do not volunteer as a member, we will lose our number of voting rights during the meeting?

Jornada
03-04-13, 18:06
Hi
Being a first timer, I am "shah Gu"...may I ask what do u mean by "to have a 'stake' in the project, volunteer as a member....will only allocated voting rights..." Do u mean that if we do not volunteer as a member, we will lose our number of voting rights during the meeting?

Maybe this is clearer.
http://www.bca.gov.sg/BMSM/others/Share_Value_Guidelines.pdf

In layman terms, when you buy a condo, you are entitled to a share value which is distributed among the owners of the project. For some who are keen on the daily operations of the project (e.g upgrading works, by-laws of the project, etc), you can volunteer as a council member whereby you will be required to attend regular meetings and deliberate on the agenda. For owners but non-members, you will also be requested to vote when certain by-laws need to be passed which will affect all residents. The maintenance fee for each unit is also tied with the share value you hold and this is something that stays with you as long as you are still the legal owner. Something like volunteering for the Residents' Committee within your SMC/GRC.....

uzone
03-04-13, 18:13
anybody know how long it takes to get the key? i am urgently wanna to move in because i don't want to pay rent from next month onward anymore. :banghead:
thank you ...

ESTUARY GUNDU
03-04-13, 18:18
Maybe this is clearer.
http://www.bca.gov.sg/BMSM/others/Share_Value_Guidelines.pdf

In layman terms, when you buy a condo, you are entitled to a share value which is distributed among the owners of the project. For some who are keen on the daily operations of the project (e.g upgrading works, by-laws of the project, etc), you can volunteer as a council member whereby you will be required to attend regular meetings and deliberate on the agenda. For owners but non-members, you will also be requested to vote when certain by-laws need to be passed which will affect all residents. The maintenance fee for each unit is also tied with the share value you hold and this is something that stays with you as long as you are still the legal owner. Something like volunteering for the Residents' Committee within your SMC/GRC.....
Thank you so much for enlightening me...am I correct to say that even if I do not "volunteer" as a council member, just being as simple as a SP/owner (non member), I still have my right to cast the voting when necessary? With regards to the share value, I am fully understood to that issue.

ESTUARY GUNDU
03-04-13, 18:21
anybody know how long it takes to get the key? i am urgently wanna to move in because i don't want to pay rent from next month onward anymore. :banghead:
thank you ...
Hi Estuarian
U are as gun jiong as me...I am also paying rent but really all depends on the developer...if super urgent...like me....request to the developer via your lawyer...this is what I did just now!!!
U can actually discuss with yr landlord with regards to the TOP issue of the project. Request to serve yr termination notice with flexibility like asking if by one week before end month, keys are collected yet, can u extend the lease to a week or more..? That's how I discuss with my landlord...

ESTUARY GUNDU
03-04-13, 18:45
just wonder how often is the condo's accounting book being audit...quarterly...mthly...yearly.

MCST's authority over MA or vice versa ?

Maint n Sink funds paid cash via GIRO?

uzone
03-04-13, 18:50
Hi Estuarian
U are as gun jiong as me...I am also paying rent but really all depends on the developer...if super urgent...like me....request to the developer via your lawyer...this is what I did just now!!!
U can actually discuss with yr landlord with regards to the TOP issue of the project. Request to serve yr termination notice with flexibility like asking if by one week before end month, keys are collected yet, can u extend the lease to a week or more..? That's how I discuss with my landlord...

thanks for sharing. at least i know there is someone having same situation like me :o. i called my lawyer this morning checking about the TOP issue, but they seem like didn't receive any notice from developer. they said they will check and call me back but until now i haven't received their call. so...:beats-me-man:..
i will take your suggestion and discuses with my landlord about my problem. :rolleyes:...
also, after gotten the key, we need to apply for electric power , water and gas..... dunno how long this take.....:doh:

ESTUARY GUNDU
03-04-13, 18:55
thanks for sharing. at least i know there is someone having same situation like me :o. i called my lawyer this morning checking about the TOP issue, but they seem like didn't receive any notice from developer. they said they will check and call me back but until now i haven't received their call. so...:beats-me-man:..
i will take your suggestion and discuses with my landlord about my problem. :rolleyes:...
also, after gotten the key, we need to apply for electric power , water and gas..... dunno how long this take.....:doh:
Hi Bro
Not only me, I believe they are quite number here sama sama case....
I thought I am the only shah gu:tongue3: now it seems that i have kaki too..
but anyway...PUB very fast...apply online..1-2 days ok...if wanna express service, pay a little more....on the spot ON for u..:D

TheEstuary
03-04-13, 19:25
Hi Bro
Not only me, I believe they are quite number here sama sama case....
I thought I am the only shah gu:tongue3: now it seems that i have kaki too..
but anyway...PUB very fast...apply online..1-2 days ok...if wanna express service, pay a little more....on the spot ON for u..:D
Bro..

I am your kaki too.. hahaha

Yup, PUB is fast enough. Also must prepare the timing for the lighting installation, but also wont take so much time for this.

All the best for all!

ESTUARY GUNDU
03-04-13, 19:39
Bro..

I am your kaki too.. hahaha

Yup, PUB is fast enough. Also must prepare the timing for the lighting installation, but also wont take so much time for this.

All the best for all!
better to turn the utilities on before any electrical fixtures installation to be done. This is becos if no electrical power how u gonna to do the installation:confused:

Jornada
03-04-13, 19:58
Thank you so much for enlightening me...am I correct to say that even if I do not "volunteer" as a council member, just being as simple as a SP/owner (non member), I still have my right to cast the voting when necessary? With regards to the share value, I am fully understood to that issue.

Tioh liao.....

ESTUARY GUNDU
03-04-13, 20:09
Tioh liao.....
Peng You, lee jia lee hai...CR thread u there....ESTUARY also see u here....:D :D :Dacross all boards....

Jornada
03-04-13, 20:53
Peng You, lee jia lee hai...CR thread u there....ESTUARY also see u here....:D :D :Dacross all boards....

just sharing lah....

greenteaman
03-04-13, 21:05
i didnt..
but based on the letter from mcl's lawyer, stated that we have to prepare 2 cashier orders, 1 for advance maintenance fee (6 months + gst), another 1 for surveyor fee.

stated that they will not release the keys untill they receive the above payment.

within the letter, there is a URL for the booking, including the PIN.

i tried to open the link, but it was still for D'MIRA. I guess they havent updated the booking system.

will update more if i have more info.

E booking for Estuery available now. A step closer to our dream home.

http://www.mclland.com.sg/booking/default.asp?msg=6

1st Cheers.........

TheEstuary
03-04-13, 21:49
E booking for Estuery available now. A step closer to our dream home.

http://www.mclland.com.sg/booking/default.asp?msg=6

1st Cheers.........
wah

thank you bro..

i logged in already :)
fyi, the PIN should be given to your lawyer.

things to share with the bros here

Welcome to the new MCL Land online key handover booking service. With this service, you can check whether full payment for your property has been cleared, which is normally 3 business day from receipt of the payment. Upon full payment, you will be able to book an appointment for your key handover. Please note that MCL Land require 3 business days notice in order to prepare appartments.

You can not book yet. The following payments are still outstanding:
C5.1.3 due 16/4/13 - 25% Notice to take possession
Please contact your lawyer if you have any enquiries.

uzone
03-04-13, 22:02
Dear all the future neighbor.. allow me to ask an annoying question here -> which broadband provider (singtel, starhub, m1) will have better signal at khatib?
i like to subcript starhub hubbing (fibre home broadband, cable tv and home phone line). however, since the singtel satellite disk is placed near by the estuary (opposite Selatar reservoir) . i am afraid the signal of starhub might not be good..:scared-5:.. what do you think ?

zzz1
03-04-13, 22:14
Dear all the future neighbor.. allow me to ask an annoying question here -> which broadband provider (singtel, starhub, m1) will have better signal at khatib?
i like to subcript starhub hubbing (fibre home broadband, cable tv and home phone line). however, since the singtel satellite disk is placed near by the estuary (opposite Selatar reservoir) . i am afraid the signal of starhub might not be good..:scared-5:.. what do you think ?
Starhub is still riding on the host infrastructure which is sing tel....

TheEstuary
03-04-13, 22:24
should not be any co-relation between starhub signal and the singtel satelite disk.

personally, i will stick to m1 since my mobile numbers are already with them as well as my current broadband.

we have 1 homework.. you mentioned about fibre home broadband. i curiously want to know if estuary is ready for fibre? i've checked it using the opennet portal, but it doesnt recognise the address..

anyone can advise further on the fibre broadband?

greenteaman
03-04-13, 22:38
wah

thank you bro..

i logged in already :)
fyi, the PIN should be given to your lawyer.

things to share with the bros here

Welcome to the new MCL Land online key handover booking service. With this service, you can check whether full payment for your property has been cleared, which is normally 3 business day from receipt of the payment. Upon full payment, you will be able to book an appointment for your key handover. Please note that MCL Land require 3 business days notice in order to prepare appartments.

You can not book yet. The following payments are still outstanding:
C5.1.3 due 16/4/13 - 25% Notice to take possession
Please contact your lawyer if you have any enquiries.

大哥,
It's my pleasure to share info available.

TheEstuary
04-04-13, 11:32
update :

opennet is not ready, no coverage as of now.
i called them just now, one of the customer service told me that they still have no plan to rollout the fibre to estuary.

=============

so we have only 2 options, cable internet or adsl.

ESTUARY GUNDU
04-04-13, 12:04
update :

opennet is not ready, no coverage as of now.
i called them just now, one of the customer service told me that they still have no plan to rollout the fibre to estuary.

=============

so we have only 2 options, cable internet or adsl.
I think it's ridiculous for Opennet to say that becos for all new residential developments, I suppose it's a must for Opennet to roll out the fibre connections to estuary condo. U can cfm this issue with IDA with regards to the fibre installation. If not, then why am I paying to purchase this project...just becos surroundings with lush greenery....reservoir...I believe one issue is the fibre connection too where most new projects do come along with.

uzone
04-04-13, 12:30
should not be any co-relation between starhub signal and the singtel satelite disk.

personally, i will stick to m1 since my mobile numbers are already with them as well as my current broadband.

we have 1 homework.. you mentioned about fibre home broadband. i curiously want to know if estuary is ready for fibre? i've checked it using the opennet portal, but it doesnt recognise the address..

anyone can advise further on the fibre broadband?

just called to developer's office regarding this issue. but the lady say she don't know and asks me to ask the management office in the day i move in...:beats-me-man:.....

uzone
04-04-13, 12:34
I think it's ridiculous for Opennet to say that becos for all new residential developments, I suppose it's a must for Opennet to roll out the fibre connections to estuary condo. U can cfm this issue with IDA with regards to the fibre installation. If not, then why am I paying to purchase this project...just becos surroundings with lush greenery....reservoir...I believe one issue is the fibre connection too where most new projects do come along with.

agree,, sucks that the estuary has no fibre connection....:simmering:

ESTUARY GUNDU
04-04-13, 13:04
Now we need to call the developer to clarify whether they have run the fibre trunking along the common corridor. I think this fibre trunking will end at a Termination Point (TP), now whether inside or outside the unit I am not sure. There will be a Termination Box fixed/connected to this Termination Point. Thus I believe what it is meant by Opennet that no fibre connection is rollout at Estuary at this moment is becos maybe at record (still not update yet) the building or address given is still not TOP yet or still under construction.
If developer has already installed the fibre trunking along the common corridor, then it's fine, if not then we gotta to pray hard that Opennet will run the trunking in future...of course still subject to MA or MCST's approval to install the trunking at the cost of owners...

ESTUARY GUNDU
04-04-13, 13:16
Now we need to call the developer to clarify whether they have run the fibre trunking along the common corridor. I think this fibre trunking will end at a Termination Point (TP), now whether inside or outside the unit I am not sure. There will be a Termination Box fixed/connected to this Termination Point. Thus I believe what it is meant by Opennet that no fibre connection is rollout at Estuary at this moment is becos maybe at record (still not update yet) the building or address given is still not TOP yet or still under construction.
If developer has already installed the fibre trunking along the common corridor, then it's fine, if not then we gotta to pray hard that Opennet will run the trunking in future...of course still subject to MA or MCST's approval to install the trunking at the cost of owners...

At the end of day, whether it's really worthwhile to purchase such condo without the fibre ultra-high-speed broadband network, a project under the Intelligent National 2015 (iN2015) masterplan by the Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore (IDA), u decide?

ESTUARY GUNDU
04-04-13, 13:19
just called to developer's office regarding this issue. but the lady say she don't know and asks me to ask the management office in the day i move in...:beats-me-man:.....
This is the problem whereby most developer's office staffs do not know...n worst still arrow here arrow there...really wasting your time!!!!:simmering:

NorthernStar
04-04-13, 13:22
At the end of day, whether it's really worthwhile to purchase such condo without the fibre ultra-high-speed broadband network, a project under the Intelligent National 2015 (iN2015) masterplan by the Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore (IDA), u decide?
bro, i guess it is the issue of the developer not opennet or IDA... FYI, CR had the fibre installed even they have not TOP yet.

ESTUARY GUNDU
04-04-13, 13:28
bro, i guess it is the issue of the developer not opennet or IDA... FYI, CR had the fibre installed even they have not TOP yet.
Hi Bro
Yes I believe too it's the issue of the developer!
U mentioned CR has already installed with fibre connection even not TOP yet. Can u be more specific...meaning trunking already installed n running along common corridor or just data output by OpenNet's website when u check the network coverage?

NorthernStar
04-04-13, 13:31
Hi Bro
Yes I believe too it's the issue of the developer!
U mentioned CR has already installed with fibre connection even not TOP yet. Can u be more specific...meaning trunking already installed n running along common corridor or just data output by OpenNet's website when u check the network coverage?
here the link..

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=386177&postcount=116

the opennet website usually shown the installation into each unit..

ESTUARY GUNDU
04-04-13, 13:39
here the link..
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=386177&postcount=116
the opennet website usually shown the installation into each unit..

Bro
so this output of data shows that CR is ready for fibre network...
but is this the actual address for CR condo...??????

TheEstuary
04-04-13, 13:44
bros..

just now i checked with the contractor..

i called china construction office, then they asked me to call their PM dept.. then from PM dept they asked to call their site office in Estuary. then their site office also dont know, and asked me to call the M&E manager in-charge :banghead:

I managed to call the M&E manager. he said that the trunking is ready, but he also said that the cable and each unit installation must check with opennet.

I double confirmed with him : so trunking ready?

He said : Yes, trunking is ready

hmm.. i assume.. they never liaise with opennet to do further installation. would that means that we have to pay for the installation?

NorthernStar
04-04-13, 13:55
Bro
so this output of data shows that CR is ready for fibre network...
but is this the actual address for CR condo...??????
Yes!
http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/travel/travel_id_53324/travel_site_152828/

ESTUARY GUNDU
04-04-13, 13:55
bros..

just now i checked with the contractor..

i called china construction office, then they asked me to call their PM dept.. then from PM dept they asked to call their site office in Estuary. then their site office also dont know, and asked me to call the M&E manager in-charge :banghead:

I managed to call the M&E manager. he said that the trunking is ready, but he also said that the cable and each unit installation must check with opennet.

I double confirmed with him : so trunking ready?

He said : Yes, trunking is ready

hmm.. i assume.. they never liaise with opennet to do further installation. would that means that we have to pay for the installation?
Hi Bro
Great!!! If u double cfmed with the ME manager n they said that the trunking ready, then very GOOOOOOOD!!!!! Now as I mentioned before, the installation/connection within your unit will decide by OpenNet, whether is chargable or not? N also such installation/connection got to seek approval from MA, managing agent or MCST of the condo if OpenNet comes to your unit to install.

Trunking ready means trunking running along common corridor to each individual n ends at unit?

ESTUARY GUNDU
04-04-13, 13:57
Yes!
http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/travel/travel_id_53324/travel_site_152828/
But I check Canberra Resid.'s postal code and is very much different from your input data!!!!!!!!!

NorthernStar
04-04-13, 14:02
But I check Canberra Resid.'s postal code and is very much different from your input data!!!!!!!!!
haha... trust the person who posted the info.. the address is correct, postal code is also correct...

singpost u can trust?:D

ESTUARY GUNDU
04-04-13, 14:07
haha... trust the person who posted the info.. the address is correct, postal code is also correct...
singpost u can trust?:D

TRUST YOU LA BRO....:D

streamium70
04-04-13, 15:18
got lawyer's letter as well liao! The wait is finally over

TheEstuary
04-04-13, 15:34
congratz bro!!

uzone
04-04-13, 16:04

:cheers4: .. which block ??

ESTUARY GUNDU
04-04-13, 17:00
Hi Bro
when did u recv the letter...just curious?

streamium70
04-04-13, 17:03
:cheers4: .. which block ??

99....so far, which other blk has gotten their letter? All blks or will it be in phases?

TheEstuary
04-04-13, 17:53
99....so far, which other blk has gotten their letter? All blks or will it be in phases?

What i know :

:)

Spidey
04-04-13, 17:54

If the letter comes from the lawyer, it may also be an indication of how efficient that particular lawyer / firm is, and not necessarily a case of which blocks' letters are despatched first, no?

greenteaman
04-04-13, 18:11
What i know :

:)

Added blk 97

Komo
04-04-13, 18:41
seems to be outside in :beats-me-man:

TheEstuary
04-04-13, 18:59
seems to be outside in :beats-me-man:
Try to call your lawyer bro...

Komo
04-04-13, 20:02
Try to call your lawyer bro...
called liao but not ready yet ... I'm cool though :simmering:

uzone
04-04-13, 23:54
If the letter comes from the lawyer, it may also be an indication of how efficient that particular lawyer / firm is, and not necessarily a case of which blocks' letters are despatched first, no?

ya,, mine is 87, haven't gotten the letter..:simmering:

ESTUARY GUNDU
05-04-13, 10:39
Anyone here know who's the MA for the condo....?

gosperence
05-04-13, 14:01
Drove there a moment ago during lunch time to take a look. Landscaping still in progress. The grass cow plants on the slope are being removed to plant the small sun flower plants. Why can't they do it right on the first place? So damn idiot. The fitness corner equipment still in protective shield, the car park top swimming pool have no water inside & looks dirty. The front signage sit in a pond of murky water. Few blocks still being repainted & the signature on the junction still not there. Some of the plants looks like dying & the makeshift toilet near BBQ & construction workers storage block near Yishun 1 still there not removed.
Wow.....can TOP like that....:simmering: :banghead:

uzone
05-04-13, 14:09
Drove there a moment ago during lunch time to take a look. Landscaping still in progress. The grass cow plants on the slope are being removed to plant the small sun flower plants. Why can't they do it right on the first place? So damn idiot. The fitness corner equipment still in protective shield, the car park top swimming pool have no water inside & looks dirty. The front signage sit in a pond of murky water. Few blocks still being repainted & the signature on the junction still not there. Some of the plants looks like dying & the makeshift toilet near BBQ & construction workers storage block near Yishun 1 still there not removed.

you go inside ? or just look from the outside ?
last night i pass by and still saw workers inside the building with lights on, perhaps still doing some final touch..

streamium70
05-04-13, 14:15

to be honest, it has more or less been in this condition about 2wks back. the developer is still doing the final touch up. I guess it will take another 1mth or so before everything is tidy up.

gosperence
05-04-13, 14:18
you go inside ? or just look from the outside ?
last night i pass by and still saw workers inside the building with lights on, perhaps still doing some final touch..

I wanted to stop behind and walk to the front guard house, but i just circled outside. My eyes are sharp to see even few Indian Banglas are sleeping on the MSCP. :banghead: :simmering: :simmering: Then I went to Northpoint passed by the rubbish collecting point where I saw many plants are still in their pots just delivered and not moved into the Estuary compound yet. When I back from Yishun NP, I saw two workers are planting the small sunflowers & some scrubs on the slope. Also saw some plants turned yellowish.:hell-hath-no-fury:

gosperence
05-04-13, 14:20
to be honest, it has more or less been in this condition about 2wks back. the developer is still doing the final touch up. I guess it will take another 1mth or so before everything is tidy up.

I just back from business trip in US for 3 weeks. It has been that way when I left SG. Now still no different....sad:simmering:

Komo
05-04-13, 14:53
... maybe should be glad that developer is still putting their best effort to deliver better than best product. hope interior is already in tip top condition better than bca quality standard :D

greenteaman
05-04-13, 15:22
... maybe should be glad that developer is still putting their best effort to deliver better than best product. hope interior is already in tip top condition better than bca quality standard :D

Heard that they will choose one unit and do up the interior swee swee for BCA to check. isit truth?

ESTUARY GUNDU
05-04-13, 15:41
honestly, I regretted choosing Estuary condo for my upgrade. Looking at the progress of works...I really felt that the developer has wasted a lot of time working on LPPL works...unnecessary!!!! Really too pressimistic for this condo...:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

shareidiot
05-04-13, 16:21
honestly, I regretted choosing Estuary condo for my upgrade. Looking at the progress of works...I really felt that the developer has wasted a lot of time working on LPPL works...unnecessary!!!! Really too pressimistic for this condo...:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Estuary Gundu, which stack u bought? I think u bought from re-sale, right?

This morning I drove to Sembawang for some errand, then detoured to Canberra, Yishun to look see look see (around 9am).

In 1 of the block (facing reservoir) still there was a hanging tool (the one which worker will use to conduct jobs on the exterior of a building) attached to it..... Yes I agree still touching up here & there....

TheEstuary
05-04-13, 16:35

This morning I drove to Sembawang for some errand, then detoured to Canberra, Yishun to look see look see (around 9am).

In 1 of the block (facing reservoir) still there was a hanging tool (the one which worker will use to conduct jobs on the exterior of a building) attached to it..... Yes I agree still touching up here & there....
yesterday, i saw at least 2 hanging tools on the 9x blocks. maybe they still do the painting touchup and maybe some other minor touchup.

maybe they expect everything to finish by this sunday?

DC33_2008
05-04-13, 16:49
Finally. TOP. :cheers5:

uzone
05-04-13, 16:55
who owns the one-bedroom stack 03 unit that fully facing west sun ?? wanna swift ?? :D :cheers5:

ESTUARY GUNDU
05-04-13, 17:09

Hi ShareIdiot...yes indeed i bought from sub-sale! blk 89 stack 11...any one here from the same blk stack recv letter from yr lawyer..?

shareidiot
05-04-13, 17:11
who owns the one-bedroom stack 03 unit that fully facing west sun ?? wanna swift ?? :D :cheers5:

Stack 3, 4, 5 all direct afternoon sun what ..... also direct mrt track sound...

I believe home owners bought with their eyes open.

uzone
05-04-13, 17:22

i mean swap.. swift <-- paisei wrong words to use..:ashamed1:

ESTUARY GUNDU
05-04-13, 17:24
hey guys...i wonder how u "swap"...? 1 to 1 exchange?

uzone
05-04-13, 17:27
hey guys...i wonder how u "swap"...? 1 to 1 exchange?

yeah.........

TheEstuary
05-04-13, 18:32
i mean swap.. swift <-- paisei wrong words to use..:ashamed1:
Haha.. why u wanna swap bro?

Komo
05-04-13, 19:36
hardware is not everything ... neighbourhood and kampong spirit is also if not more important:D will this be a nice home will depend very much on the residents and upkeep of the place. ;) however if developer does not care about reputation and treat buyers as carrot head and delivery a substandard or below expectation product then it's another storey:simmering:

Komo
05-04-13, 19:40
in terms of the stack layout I do feel that developer/designer is quite thoughtful and there is no really bad stack or unit. some pros and cons. Perhaps also one reason why the project was sold out so quickly. also that subsale is very active :D

TheEstuary
05-04-13, 20:36
hardware is not everything ... neighbourhood and kampong spirit is also if not more important:D will this be a nice home will depend very much on the residents and upkeep of the place. ;) however if developer does not care about reputation and treat buyers as carrot head and delivery a substandard or below expectation product then it's another storey:simmering:
Which storey bro? :D ya, its another story if it is below standard. Lets wait and see till we collect the keys.

I do agree, i am hoping to get a good neighborhood there.. :)

uzone
05-04-13, 22:00
Haha.. why u wanna swap bro?

i want west sun and open view.. unfortunately the unit i bought (re-sale one) only got partially west sun and view block by block-89. .. :banghead:

Alovy
05-04-13, 23:59
Hi ShareIdiot...yes indeed i bought from sub-sale! blk 89 stack 11...any one here from the same blk stack recv letter from yr lawyer..?

Hi bro, I also bought from sub sale and am in blk 89 stack 11.

I received a call from the lawyer and soft copy of the letter on 3 Apr. My lawyer is PKWA at TPY Hub, very on like greenteaman's lawyer.:cheers4:

TheEstuary
06-04-13, 00:02
Yeahhh i have 2 neighbors at the same block now :)

I am at 89 too :)

Alovy
06-04-13, 00:24
Yeahhh i have 2 neighbors at the same block now :)

I am at 89 too :)

Cool!

Anyone went site inspection last week? I saw someone sneaked in. Power!

TheEstuary
06-04-13, 00:29
Cool!

Anyone went site inspection last week? I saw someone sneaked in. Power!
i was able to went in on mid-march (before inspection i guess)

that time i asked the security guard that we (me & my gf) wanted to go in, just to the mscp.

so we went in till below mscp :) tried my luck to ask more, but he didnt allow me :D

Spidey
06-04-13, 08:01
This is my second property. If I don't intend to rent it out, is it possible to claim owner-concession tax rate? A colleague said it is impossible to claim that the two properties are owner-occupied (by myself) at the same time.

Passion72
06-04-13, 10:20
Hi bro, I also bought from sub sale and am in blk 89 stack 11.

I received a call from the lawyer and soft copy of the letter on 3 Apr. My lawyer is PKWA at TPY Hub, very on like greenteaman's lawyer.:cheers4:

Hi bro, I'm from bik 93 also bought from sub sale . Have not receive the letter MCL says second patch to receive . Any ideal after receiving your letter how long it take t get key. :doh:

TheEstuary
06-04-13, 10:26
Hi bro, I'm from bik 93 also bought from sub sale . Have not receive the letter MCL says second patch to receive . Any ideal after receiving your letter how long it take t get key. :doh:
Hi bro.. roughly, these the process that need to be done after you received the letter :

- pay the 6months advance maintenance fee and the surveyor fee (by cheque or cashier order, and pass it to your lawyer)

- lawyer will give notice to your bank to disburse the balance needed for the progression payment (my banker said, roughly will need 5-7 working days for bank to disburse it)

- after all payment received (and cleared if paid by cheque) then you can book the appointment for key collections.

- they need 3 working days to prepare your unit before the handover date.

Rough calculation, total process will take about 10-14 days?

Hope it helps

Komo
06-04-13, 11:56
hope to have feedback on the quality from those lucky ones who receive key first :D

TheEstuary
06-04-13, 12:51
hope to have feedback on the quality from those lucky ones who receive key first :D
Yea..

Maybe can shares some pics here after the key collected..

gosperence
06-04-13, 15:13

I bought 93 direct from developer during VVIP preview. WTF it was released for sales but late for key collection. I realized few blocks done by one construction firm, another few blocks by others. :mad:

Komo
06-04-13, 17:17
I bought 93 direct from developer during VVIP preview. WTF it was released for sales but late for key collection. I realized few blocks done by one construction firm, another few blocks by others. :mad:
you mean interior renovation and installation? construction firm the same right? :confused:

Komo
06-04-13, 21:42
developer really good... after top already still doing touch up on the units even on weedend night. perhaps the longer to delay taking keys the more touch up they can do :D also some parts of the unpainted walls they may be leaving to creepers to grow to cover up. cut cost and more natural too:beats-me-man:

Alovy
07-04-13, 01:18

I think it is around the timeline 'The Estuary' has said. I am hoping by end of Apr I should be able to get the keys. The letter has stated to pay by cashier order if owner wants the keys urgently. So I should be paying by cashier order on Monday.

streamium70
07-04-13, 19:04
you mean interior renovation and installation? construction firm the same right? :confused:

yes, the main contractor will sub-contract to other contractors. As such, different blocks are made by different sub-contractor. The main contractor will have to ensure the standard for all the various blocks.

got this info when talking to some of the contractors sometime last year.

kQ
07-04-13, 20:26
Yea..

Maybe can shares some pics here after the key collected..

Hey bro
I have posted some internal pictures of estuary on page 197
You can take a look:cheers4:

shareidiot
07-04-13, 20:29
Hey bro
I have posted some internal pictures of estuary on page 197
You can take a look:cheers4:

Ur that dropbox pics cannot access...just fyi.

kQ
07-04-13, 20:37
Ur that dropbox pics cannot access...just fyi.

www.dropbox.com/home/Public/Estuary/Estuary

Oops ...sorry , this Dropbox is for public viewing ,may you try to copy the link to access it, I hope it will work
;)

Rocketeer
07-04-13, 20:51
www.dropbox.com/home/Public/Estuary/Estuary

Oops ...sorry , this Dropbox is for public viewing ,may you try to copy the link to access it, I hope it will work
;)

Bro, Not working for me. Cannot see the pics.:doh:

shareidiot
07-04-13, 20:56

Not possible to view.... failed...

kQ
07-04-13, 21:00
Bro, so sorry, I don't know why all can't access as its a public folder for Dropbox,to be access for public viewing, may you send your email and I send all the pics to you

Komo
07-04-13, 21:45
yes, the main contractor will sub-contract to other contractors. As such, different blocks are made by different sub-contractor. The main contractor will have to ensure the standard for all the various blocks.

got this info when talking to some of the contractors sometime last year.
perhaps they may have subcontacted to local contractors :D

Komo
07-04-13, 21:51
Bro, so sorry, I don't know why all can't access as its a public folder for Dropbox,to be access for public viewing, may you send your email and I send all the pics to you
why not try to attach and upload here directly? easier to share the nice pictures with all thread followers:D in conparision with other projects also top this year, so far find estuary still pretty decent. maybe overall market standard drop liao:D

kQ
07-04-13, 23:31
why not try to attach and upload here directly? easier to share the nice pictures with all thread followers:D in conparision with other projects also top this year, so far find estuary still pretty decent. maybe overall market standard drop liao:D
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cfiut4d4xptynud/Ekbxe-9_Kk/Estuary/Estuary

Hope this link is ok now

TheEstuary
08-04-13, 00:25

Hope this link is ok now
thank you so much bro :)

hope can collect the keys faster :D :D

gosperence
08-04-13, 00:43

Hope this link is ok now

Thanks bro. Oh the lap pool so small.....

Kanarazu
08-04-13, 06:34
Thanks bro. Oh the lap pool so small.....

Isn't it already a 50m lap pool? Unless its too narrow.

gosperence
08-04-13, 08:51
Isn't it already a 50m lap pool? Unless its too narrow.

I think too narrow.

streamium70
08-04-13, 09:34
ran past Estuary on Sunday morning at abt 9am. there are still quite a lot of touch up ongoing. Eg. there some pathway being added near the main entrance leading to the left. metal railing are up on the main entrance and the signage was taken down. saw workers along doing something along the main pathway leading to the car park as well.

Komo
08-04-13, 09:38
they better do something about the exposed and inviting access at the Eden to intruders and trepassers:(

shareidiot
08-04-13, 09:44
ran past Estuary on Sunday morning at abt 9am. there are still quite a lot of touch up ongoing. Eg. there some pathway being added near the main entrance leading to the left. metal railing are up on the main entrance and the signage was taken down. saw workers along doing something along the main pathway leading to the car park as well.

Seems like there are many upgraders (who are currently residing @D27) for this project.

I am not staying @ D27. Last week i drove to Yishun 1 @ about 9am. Seems there are alot of heavy trucks carrying filled-sand. Is this a norm for that road, in a long run ?

NorthernStar
08-04-13, 09:51
Seems like there are many upgraders (who are currently residing @D27) for this project.

I am not staying @ D27. Last week i drove to Yishun 1 @ about 9am. Seems there are alot of heavy trucks carrying filled-sand. Is this a norm for that road, in a long run ?
Nope.. There are a few major earth works doing in these area.. the trucks carry soil digged from Yishun Ave 1, Yishun Park and send to Canberra and Seletar area.. Once the earth works done, you don't really see those trucks i guess..

azeoprop
08-04-13, 09:51

This is because there are alot of new bto near where skies miltonia is and they are constructing the new road from yishun ave 6 to the dam and seletar west link to join cte. Hence alot of construction related vehicles plying this road recently.

shareidiot
08-04-13, 09:58
This is because there are alot of new bto near where skies miltonia is and they are constructing the new road from yishun ave 6 to the dam and seletar west link to join cte. Hence alot of construction related vehicles plying this road recently.

No, no .... the filled lorries were driving out from skie miltonia towards estuary direction..... and they went straight (sembawang direction)....

Jornada
08-04-13, 11:16
Aesthetically, I think the materials and finishing for the common areas (lift landings) are quite nice.....

Rocketeer
08-04-13, 11:50

Hope this link is ok now

Thanks for the pics kQ.
So your unit's handing over done? How long the handing over process took?
Has the internal work meet yr expectation? satisfactory?

Komo
08-04-13, 13:01
Aesthetically, I think the materials and finishing for the common areas (lift landings) are quite nice.....
very consistent cool theme and design ... terrasse will be the ultimate yet:D
but the ridiculous Eden spoilt it all:(

Alovy
08-04-13, 13:24
Hi Estuarians,

Just came back from Estuary. Didn't manage to sneak in today :banghead: but did speak with the security person.

Was told there are 2 phases for keys collection.
- 1st phase for blk 87, 89, 97 and 99
- 2nd phase for all others (but they don't know when is the release for phase 2)

The first lucky owner is collecting the keys TOMORROW and there are 2 more on Wednesday.

'TheEstuary' -are you the first lucky one? :cool:

Alovy
08-04-13, 13:27

Hope this link is ok now

Hi Bro, are you from stack 03? The power family I saw? :cool-punk-headbange

TheEstuary
08-04-13, 13:35
Hi Estuarians,

Just came back from Estuary. Didn't manage to sneak in today :banghead: but did speak with the security person.

- 2nd phase for all others (but they don't know when is the release for phase 2)

The first lucky owner is collecting the keys TOMORROW and there are 2 more on Wednesday.

wahh..

no bro, i'm not the first lucky one.. maybe they pay by cash (no bank loan)?

i gave them my cashier orders for maintenance fee and surveyor fee on Thursday morning last week.
But, the cashier order for the progress payment will be issued tomorrow :( I've checked with banker, she said that normally the bank needs 5-7 working days to prepare the cashier order (for progress payment).

no choice, have to wait again :(

who will be first lucky one? hope he/she is one of the forumer too, so can post the pics more :D

Alovy
08-04-13, 13:45
wahh..

i gave them my cashier orders for maintenance fee and surveyor fee on Thursday morning last week.
But, the cashier order for the progress payment will be issued tomorrow :( I've checked with banker, she said that normally the bank needs 5-7 working days to prepare the cashier order (for progress payment).

who will be first lucky one? hope he/she is one of the forumer too, so can post the pics more :D

Hi bro, me and my wife speculating you are the first lucky one. :)

We gave our cashier order this morning and they will be dispatching it to the developer today. For the bank payment, they need to send to the law firm by 10 Apr and they asked us to check the website this Friday or next Monday. :D

I think yours will be faster.

greenteaman
08-04-13, 13:46
wahh..

Both my maintenance and suveryor fees amount was deducted on 4th April 13 but till now cunt book the appt. can anyone advise must i wait for the bank to pay the 25% to developer then can book?

Thanks in advance.
Greenteaman

Alovy
08-04-13, 13:54
Both my maintenance and suveryor fees amount was deducted on 4th April 13 but till now cunt book the appt. can anyone advise must i wait for the bank to pay the 25% to developer then can book?

Thanks in advance.
Greenteaman

Bro, I think need to wait till the bank's cheque gets cleared. When must your bank send the payment to the lawyer? The deadline is stated in the letter. From there, add 2 or 3 days for clearance of the cheque. After which, I think can book. :)

greenteaman
08-04-13, 14:01
Bro, I think need to wait till the bank's cheque gets cleared. When must your bank send the payment to the lawyer? The deadline is stated in the letter. From there, add 2 or 3 days for clearance of the cheque. After which, I think can book. :)

Hi Bro Alovy,

Appreciate your advise. Cunt do anything now but pray....... Cheers......

TheEstuary
08-04-13, 14:16
Hi Bro Alovy,

Appreciate your advise. Cunt do anything now but pray....... Cheers......
i pray with you together bro :D

my survey fee and maintenance deducted on 3rd :) still have to wait for the bank's cashier order.

oh ya..
this morning, i called MCL.. they said that they havent received the 2 cashier orders (for maintenance & surveyor). after further checks, those COs are still with MCL's solicitor :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

too many layers to settle...

Alovy
08-04-13, 14:46
i pray with you together bro :D

my survey fee and maintenance deducted on 3rd :) still have to wait for the bank's cashier order.

oh ya..
this morning, i called MCL.. they said that they havent received the 2 cashier orders (for maintenance & surveyor). after further checks, those COs are still with MCL's solicitor :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

too many layers to settle...

Seems like we still have to wait for the bank to settle the other portion of the payment. It doesn't help even if we have cashier order to expedite the process. We have wait again... :simmering:

TheEstuary
08-04-13, 15:02
Seems like we still have to wait for the bank to settle the other portion of the payment. It doesn't help even if we have cashier order to expedite the process. We have wait again... :simmering:
yes bro..
i rushed down to the bank on wed after office hour. but, it doesnt help much.

i told MCL that my loan has been approved before, shouldnt be any problem for disbursement. but they still need the progress payment to be cleared before we can collect the key.

Komo
08-04-13, 16:20
are you guys/gals getting professional home inspectors or inspect on your own bringing along wooden hammers, ladder, measuring tapes, etc ?:D
wondering if professional inspectors could be a waste of money :D

greenteaman
08-04-13, 16:44
are you guys/gals getting professional home inspectors or inspect on your own bringing along wooden hammers, ladder, measuring tapes, etc ?:D
wondering if professional inspectors could be a waste of money :D

My friends who stay in condo advise me to check on the water system, aircon 1st to check for any leakage. As for others, we can only do a visible checks as there are warranty (12 Months). One of my friend (stays in the West) only discover the window were not properly water proof when heavy downpour and suay suay when we were there for his house warming after he moves in 2 weeks while his neighbours did not encounter this at all.

Jornada
08-04-13, 16:52
My friends who stay in condo advise me to check on the water system, aircon 1st to check for any leakage. As for others, we can only do a visible checks as there are warranty (12 Months). One of my friend (stays in the West) only discover the window were not properly water proof when heavy downpour and suay suay when we were there for his house warming after he moves in 2 weeks while his neighbours did not encounter this at all.

flooring is equally impt, if not more impt. Im sure you won't want to put up with hacking of floor tiles/timber after shifting in. Check for visual defects and make sure there are no hollowness beneath the tiles (you will need to 'knock' on the tiles to verify this). Repair of windows, aircon units (less piping) are 'easier' to accommodate.

streamium70
08-04-13, 16:57
Hi Estuarians,

I have been receiving a lot of property agents calls lately. They mentioned that they will be bringing potential clients for rental/sale this week to view units in Estuary. I guess these must be the first few.

There are about 600 units in Estuary. In this forum, I guess there are less than 60 active forumers writing? that is <10%, so there are still many owners out there who are submitting their cheques and collecting keys soon.

greenteaman
08-04-13, 17:06
flooring is equally impt, if not more impt. Im sure you won't want to put up with hacking of floor tiles/timber after shifting in. Check for visual defects and make sure there are no hollowness beneath the tiles (you will need to 'knock' on the tiles to verify this). Repair of windows, aircon units (less piping) are 'easier' to accommodate.

Thanks for sharing. Some of us as 1st timer needs advise from you guys (experience) to guide us on the checking.

Jornada
08-04-13, 17:18
Thanks for sharing. Some of us as 1st timer needs advise from you guys (experience) to guide us on the checking.

no worries, this applies to all type of properties in general. There should be a checklist upon handing-over and should serve as a general guide. For the discerning owners, I would go to the extent of checking the alignment and gap uniformity for the fittings (kitchen cabinets, doors, etc). And also ensure that the gaps between the fittings and walls are concealed properly with silicon, you won't want a breeding site for ants/cockroaches. Better make sure your money is well vested.

Komo
08-04-13, 20:12
pictures not enough leh :p

Komo
09-04-13, 09:12
the first key collector will be welcomed with the new cool white estuary signage at the grand entrance :D

streamium70
09-04-13, 09:25
the signage at the main entrance is up already?

TheEstuary
09-04-13, 09:38
the first key collector will be welcomed with the new cool white estuary signage at the grand entrance :D
no picture, not enough le.. :p

if the first key collector also camping here, please share photos!

my lawyer acting very slow.... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Komo
09-04-13, 09:59
just drove pass ... not skillful enough to take any picture :p
now the signage looks better for posing and taking that picture perfect liao:D

uzone
09-04-13, 12:16
i went furniture shopping last Sunday. i am interest in getting sofa with dimension 230cm x 110 cm. but the sale person ask me whether the lift of my block is large enough to load the sofa.. ... :scared-5:
anyone can answer ???

greenteaman
09-04-13, 12:27
i went furniture shopping last Sunday. i am interest in getting sofa with dimension 230cm x 110 cm. but the sale person ask me whether the lift of my block is large enough to load the sofa.. ... :scared-5:
anyone can answer ???

For the lenght of 230cm, they must tilt the sofa vertical to get in. U ask the sales man again, where he can find such residential lift in SIN to fit in 3 seater sofa in horizontal position except the cargo lift.

Komo
09-04-13, 12:44
estuary has large balcony no problem :D :D

nav14
09-04-13, 12:55
anyone can answer ???
The lifts in newer condos should have no problem acoomodating 2.3m long sofas even without tilting. But my bigger worry is will a 2.3m long sofa be too big for the living room. Talking about size, I wonder how will owners of the 3 bedroom units feel about the size of the living room when they first open the door to their unit. I found it extremely cramped though majority would not have realised if they did not not look at the lines on the floor and assumed there were no walls all the way till the balcony as shown at the showflat.

nav14
09-04-13, 13:00

When I passed by on Saturday night there were 6-7 units with their lights on. If no one has colllected their keys , then is it not too late for workers to be still touching up the interiors?

nav14
09-04-13, 13:01
anyone can answer ???
The lifts in newer condos should have no problem acoomodating 2.3m long sofas even without tilting. But my bigger worry is will a 2.3m long sofa be too big for the living room. Talking about size, I wonder how will owners of the 3 bedroom units feel about the size of the living room when they first open the door to their unit. I found it extremely cramped though majority would not have realised if they did not not look at the lines on the floor and assumed there were no walls all the way till the balcony as shown at the showflat.

Komo
09-04-13, 13:02
from kQ photo, width about 3m :(

gosperence
09-04-13, 14:24
the signage at the main entrance is up already?

I just went during lunch time as I needed to go over to my aunty's place at khatib. The signage at the main gate and at the junction of Yishun Ave 1 & 2 both up & lighted too to test the yellowish light. It turned blue to green like the brochure. Quite impressive. The cow grass all replaced with small sunflower creeper. The side water features at the entrace - left n right both flowing with waters, the pool at the top of the MSCP is filled with water too. Few landscape workers still cleaning the MSCP, the walkway, the fountain, the pool, collecting rubbishes (WTH where are those rubbishes came from), and 3 blocks under going painting touch up. All blocks look whiter now. Only left the fitness corner not fully up, the BBQ area still dirty, mobile toilets still insides the compound & a row of makeshift stores facing Yishun Ave 1 still around. I think overall it looks much better, wait till all creepers & trees growth in 2 months when we fully renovated our house all will looks better definitely. :cheers2:

Relief they continue to touch-up. Else previous condition really :banghead:

gosperence
09-04-13, 14:25
When I passed by on Saturday night there were 6-7 units with their lights on. If no one has colllected their keys , then is it not too late for workers to be still touching up the interiors?

Saw many units under going cleaning.....

gosperence
09-04-13, 14:27
Sun decks for pools (lap pool & leisure pool) not installed, hammock also not installed. They are testing lights at the dining pavilion facing the reserviour.

streamium70
09-04-13, 15:28
Saw many units under going cleaning.....

by the workers or owners? You managed to go into the compound? Got pic?

Komo
09-04-13, 15:55
don't worry... they are cleaning/preparing for handover... with so many units they certainly need to work OT:D

TheEstuary
09-04-13, 16:08
don't worry... they are cleaning/preparing for handover... with so many units they certainly need to work OT:D
last month, security guard told me that they were working till 2am :scared-5:

gosperence
09-04-13, 16:41
by the workers or owners? You managed to go into the compound? Got pic?

Cleaning workers according to security guard as no one have viewed their own unit yet as of today.

greenteaman
09-04-13, 18:20
Cleaning workers according to security guard as no one have viewed their own unit yet as of today.

I tot there is some keys collection today. I tried to fix the appt today but the earliest date is available on Monday.

TheEstuary
09-04-13, 20:23
New signage facing the traffic light junction is now on..

Bro greenteaman, so u collecting keys on monday?

greenteaman
09-04-13, 21:07
New signage facing the traffic light junction is now on..

Bro greenteaman, so u collecting keys on monday?

Bro, too bad I on business trip till thursday. Have booked Friday key collection.
Just went to Estuary, saw abt 10 cars parking at the MSCP. The main sign board swee swee but today the neon light was not on tonite. Indeed mark the Icon in Yishun.

Alovy
09-04-13, 21:26
Bro, too bad I on business trip till thursday. Have booked Friday key collection.
Just went to Estuary, saw abt 10 cars parking at the MSCP. The main sign board swee swee but today the neon light was not on tonite. Indeed mark the Icon in Yishun.

Bro, congrats! Post some pix for us... :)

kQ
09-04-13, 21:56
from kQ photo, width about 3m :(

Hey bro
It's 3.2m to be exact
Counted 5 tiles 60x60 inch tile and 0.2 m at the end
If you see the photo closely , you can cont the 5 tiles
;)

greenteaman
09-04-13, 22:07
Bro, congrats! Post some pix for us... :)

No pro bro.

Komo
09-04-13, 22:27
Hey bro
It's 3.2m to be exact
Counted 5 tiles 60x60 inch tile and 0.2 m at the end
If you see the photo closely , you can cont the 5 tiles
;)
You are thinking of 60 inch tv?:D :D
yup that's how I get 3m = 60cm x 5 tiles ... seriously the bare min should be ~ 3.2m:)

TheEstuary
10-04-13, 01:10
I walked there just now around 11pm..

Both signboard are on light bro...

The word "estuary" has the neon light, but not for the word "the"
Signboard is now bigger compared with the previous one.

kQ
10-04-13, 09:58
You are thinking of 60 inch tv?:D :D
yup that's how I get 3m = 60cm x 5 tiles ... seriously the bare min should be ~ 3.2m:)

Yes Bro, 3.2m is confirm, but the 3 bedder super long balcony is 9m long , I was asking quotes for Roller blinds and the quotes from various sources work out to be in the range of 3k to 4k highest?
Anyone have experiences on this blinds cost ?
I am sure all other big balcony will need this,

What is the reasonable price to pay for 9m long and 3m height?

azeoprop
10-04-13, 10:02
Do share with us the breathtaking views from your balconies.....:cheers5:

kEN9170
10-04-13, 10:35
Yes Bro, 3.2m is confirm, but the 3 bedder super long balcony is 9m long , I was asking quotes for Roller blinds and the quotes from various sources work out to be in the range of 3k to 4k highest?
Anyone have experiences on this blinds cost ?
I am sure all other big balcony will need this,

What is the reasonable price to pay for 9m long and 3m height?

To install blind at balcony, you may need to get approval from your condo MA. Usually not allow.

TheEstuary
10-04-13, 11:00
To install blind at balcony, you may need to get approval from your condo MA. Usually not allow.
i think kQ was referring to the blind that cover the living room (to be installed on the balcony's window/door).

but for covering the whole balcony with blind, i dont think will be allowed.

cmiiw

kQ
10-04-13, 14:24
i think kQ was referring to the blind that cover the living room (to be installed on the balcony's window/door).

but for covering the whole balcony with blind, i dont think will be allowed.

cmiiw
Hey bro
I mean installing roller blinds at the balcony , roll up when it shines and only roll down when rains heavily , as long as it don't change the facet much , it should be ok, drive around and you will see someDBSS with big balcony do the same
Some other private condo as well - I see muilty patterns in clover by the park bishan!cheers!

streamium70
10-04-13, 15:20
Hey bro
I mean installing roller blinds at the balcony , roll up when it shines and only roll down when rains heavily , as long as it don't change the facet much , it should be ok, drive around and you will see someDBSS with big balcony do the same
Some other private condo as well - I see muilty patterns in clover by the park bishan!cheers!

i like this idea as well. but is not sure if the mgt will approve.

another similar question. Is wood decking on the planter ok? I see a lot of discussion on this point in NV.

Komo
10-04-13, 15:31
clover by the park one is really ugly and out of control:D
perhaps we can stick to just one uniform colour, white or .... how about the type used by macdonald?:D

TheEstuary
10-04-13, 16:40
btw, we paid the maintenance fee for 6 months.. i wonder how do we calculate the period for the maintenance fee?

Jornada
10-04-13, 17:13
btw, we paid the maintenance fee for 6 months.. i wonder how do we calculate the period for the maintenance fee?

usually in quarterly payments and align to calendar year (jan to mar, apr to jun, jul to sep, oct to dec).

kQ
10-04-13, 20:04
clover by the park one is really ugly and out of control:D
perhaps we can stick to just one uniform colour, white or .... how about the type used by macdonald?:D

Transparent blinds UV protection type roller blind best suits as it will not change the facet and provides clear view of the reservoir when shines and roll down to protect from rain is the best!

Komo
10-04-13, 20:23
Transparent blinds UV protection type roller blind best suits as it will not change the facet and provides clear view of the reservoir when shines and roll down to protect from rain is the best!
this will be the next best option if foldable glass panels not allowed :D

greenteaman
10-04-13, 22:54
this will be the next best option if foldable glass panels not allowed :D

Bro, u have the photo of the foldable glass panel? My worries on my child safety at the balcony area. Nowadays condo will never approve solid grill at balcony except the invisible grill.

kQ
11-04-13, 00:30
Bro, u have the photo of the foldable glass panel? My worries on my child safety at the balcony area. Nowadays condo will never approve solid grill at balcony except the invisible grill.

I have checked the folderable glass door , it's super expensive for 9m balcony it will cost 11k , and it will not be approved as its a full close up, the transparent blinds is a better option IMO

Kanarazu
11-04-13, 00:46
I have checked the folderable glass door , it's super expensive for 9m balcony it will cost 11k , and it will not be approved as its a full close up, the transparent blinds is a better option IMO

Sorry but I don't quite get it. What's the use of blinds if they are transparent?

Komo
11-04-13, 07:18
you checked this one?
http://smartwindows.sg/products-2
this will be very nice.
if not allowed we should petition to get it approved:D

Kanarazu
11-04-13, 07:28
you checked this one?
http://smartwindows.sg/products-2
this will be very nice.
if not allowed we should petition to get it approved:D

It's aesthetically appealing but I think URA will not allow it since it can be used to fully enclosed an open area. If URA won't approve then the condo will also not approve it.

streamium70
11-04-13, 09:07
Sorry but I don't quite get it. What's the use of blinds if they are transparent?

depends on the purpose of the blind. if it is to block rain, sunshine (not 100% though), it can still work. if it is to provide full privacy, not so. however, these transparent blind, being white base, tend to get dirty easily...

fluffyboy
11-04-13, 09:08
Finally can post...

Hi Bros and Sis

Owner of Blk 97 reporting here...anyone is my neighbour?

I am planning to install invisible grilles, anyone wanna install? Maybe can consolidate orders and get bulk discount since there are so many units at esturary.

kQ
11-04-13, 09:11

Hi Bro,
It's depends on your purposes, for mine , I want the blinds that do not obstruct the reservoir view but at the same time roll down the blinds when needed to prevent wet balcony if heavy rainfall NS also prevent uninvited guest like birds flying in .I have considered the Smartwindow full glass enclosed but I think it will not be approved and also very costly 11k,
The transparent blinds I ordered is 8mm thick, UV protected UPF50+ and really provides a clear view , at 3k,I will share some pictures when I install it
Again , it depends on individual needs

Komo
11-04-13, 09:24
Hi Bro,
It's depends on your purposes, for mine , I want the blinds that do not obstruct the reservoir view but at the same time roll down the blinds when needed to prevent wet balcony if heavy rainfall NS also prevent uninvited guest like birds flying in .I have considered the Smartwindow full glass enclosed but I think it will not be approved and also very costly 11k,
The transparent blinds I ordered is 8mm thick, UV protected UPF50+ and really provides a clear view , at 3k,I will share some pictures when I install it
which brand/company is it?:p
approved?

streamium70
11-04-13, 12:05
Finally can post...

Hi Bros and Sis

Owner of Blk 97 reporting here...anyone is my neighbour?

I am planning to install invisible grilles, anyone wanna install? Maybe can consolidate orders and get bulk discount since there are so many units at esturary.

Is invisble grilles allowed as well. Reading the NV forum, there seems to be quite a lot of this. I would like to add as well.

greenteaman
11-04-13, 14:14
Is invisble grilles allowed as well. Reading the NV forum, there seems to be quite a lot of this. I would like to add as well.

Most of the condos accept invisible grills. It will cause a big stir if mgt do not approve. To me, safety is above all than anything else.

nav14
11-04-13, 14:51
Hi Bro,

Before one installs anything at balcony, please check with management on what is allowed. Othewise you will be wasting your money. Do not take anything for granted including invisible grilles, etc.

gosperence
11-04-13, 16:16
Sometimes I saw the look n feel of other recently completed condos like the Gale, the Waterbank & NV Residences all looked better than Estuary......dunno why....

Let give it a month or so to get the landscape fully blosoom...hope we have good management

Kanarazu
11-04-13, 16:25
Hi Bro,
Its good to keep rain out while having light shine into the balcony. Pls share the picture once you have it. :) 8mm is really 厚帘皮。

uzone
11-04-13, 17:13
hi, can post the floor plan with exact measurement ?

streamium70
11-04-13, 17:46
Sometimes I saw the look n feel of other recently completed condos like the Gale, the Waterbank & NV Residences all looked better than Estuary......dunno why....

Let give it a month or so to get the landscape fully blosoom...hope we have good management

I think the landscaping and the colour of the blocks/windows makes a signficant difference. Personally, I think NV, with its black windows, similar to 8@Woodleigh, is too dark. Livia, with its white painting and nice landscaping, brings out the project.

My 2cts worth.

mantrix
11-04-13, 17:53

no need to compare lah...in Yishun this is considered one of the better looking ones...and it does stand out...

Noexit
11-04-13, 18:44

Is depend on yourself and your view . which you like no project is perfect .:tongue3:

Komo
11-04-13, 18:51
usually outside good inside so so ... things are fair.
MCL is pretty good with estate design though :beats-me-man:

Alovy
11-04-13, 19:48
Hi Bro,

Bro, are you refering to blinds like those at Meadows @ Peirce. I am thinking of doing that too. Can share your contacts for the blinds?

Alovy
11-04-13, 19:52
Does anyway knows if there is any restriction on wood decking for planters? I heard from my ID that this is not allowed anymore. Not sure if she is trying to smoke me. :confused:

gosperence
12-04-13, 15:26
The sun decks at lap pool & leisure pool are installed.:cheers3:

streamium70
12-04-13, 15:51
went there yesterday evening...attached are some pics.

streamium70
12-04-13, 15:52
The sun decks at lap pool & leisure pool are installed.:cheers3:

you managed to go in and see? got your keys already?

Tried asking the security to allow us in but they dont allow. Still waiting to collect my keys.

greenteaman
12-04-13, 16:03

Tried asking the security to allow us in but they dont allow. Still waiting to collect my keys.

Bro, did u show booking slip to the security officer? We are unit owner but yet to collect keys. Maybe we can try this out.

gosperence
13-04-13, 06:42
went there yesterday evening...attached are some pics.

They should plant more taller fan-shape big leave type of plants behind the metal gate of the signage....so bare....

gosperence
13-04-13, 06:43

No I saw them shifting into the compound when I passed by. Didn't manage to go in.

Don Juan
13-04-13, 09:24
Good Morning everyone,

I'm an 'upgrader' in the midst of acquiring a unit at stack 26. Can I get anyone's assistance to answer my curiosity;

a) what are stuff given by developer apart from air-con, cooker hood, etc?

b) anyone from stack 26? And knows when will the keys to stack 26 be available?

Thank you for the assistance coz my family is excited, can't wait to wrap up and move in :))

Komo
14-04-13, 01:54
http://forums.condosingapore.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5724&d=1365753076

a grand entrance indeed! :cool:

gosperence
14-04-13, 10:33
http://forums.condosingapore.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5724&d=1365753076

a grand entrance indeed! :cool:

Nice. When the whole MSCP is covered with green creeper, it will look like T3 Changi....:cheers4:

Spidey
14-04-13, 11:37
Nice. When the whole MSCP is covered with green creeper, it will look like T3 Changi....:cheers4:

The overall facade is not too bad. My only complaints are the fence and the narrow pool. Cannot comment on the interior since keys are not collected yet. If you want more pics on both interior and common facilities, you can go to propertyguru. Those agents have started work by advertising and snapping pics. Very efficient. Haha.

Orchid Park
14-04-13, 14:26
Hi, I am new at this forum. I certainly am unhappy with the fencing. I saw workers climbing in at night while I was there. Even with security camera, can we capture the trespasser when the night is dark? Something must be done...

delirious_jeff
14-04-13, 16:08
Hi, I am new at this forum. I certainly am unhappy with the fencing. I saw workers climbing in at night while I was there. Even with security camera, can we capture the trespasser when the night is dark? Something must be done...

Don't worry. Singapore is a safe place, safest country.

Orchid Park
14-04-13, 16:31
No doubt Singapore is a safe place. The police has its prevention slogan "low crime doesn't mean no crime".

sodajean
14-04-13, 16:36
No doubt Singapore is a safe place. The police has its prevention slogan "low crime doesn't mean no crime".

I agree with Orchid Park.
I was there last night just looking around the compound outside. To my surprise i still saw the whole stretch or workers' temporary accomodation near the main road just beside the sidegate. It feels pretty unsafe right.

Also the sidegate is very dark at night. I strongly suggest that there should be more lights installed near the side gate.

Spidey
14-04-13, 16:43
I agree with Orchid Park.
I was there last night just looking around the compound outside. To my surprise i still saw the whole stretch or workers' temporary accomodation near the main road just beside the sidegate. It feels pretty unsafe right.

Also the sidegate is very dark at night. I strongly suggest that there should be more lights installed near the side gate.

It will definitely be an added security if the access card is needed to enter the lift lobby area. Anyone who has collected the keys knows if this measure is put in place?

streamium70
14-04-13, 21:00
The rooms in Estuary is relatively small. For my kids, I am struggling to put a single bed and a study table. Anyone has any ID to share? I am hesitant to put the bed on the bay window (esp. for my 10yo son) as it is quite high and too near the window.

Orchid Park
14-04-13, 22:55
I have the same issue and I am getting a super single bed. Feng shui will advise that there should be a wall for the bed head. So, placing the bed on the bay window is one option, otherwise, bed head against the bay window will be the next option if that is not a consideration.

streamium70
14-04-13, 23:17
I have the same issue and I am getting a super single bed. Feng shui will advise that there should be a wall for the bed head. So, placing the bed on the bay window is one option, otherwise, bed head against the bay window will be the next option if that is not a consideration.

u mean the bedhead will be sitting on the bay window? that is one possibility. if you put the bed after the bay window perpendicular to the wardrobe, there wont be space to open the wardrobe. anyone consider changing them to sliding? what is the cost like?

TheEstuary
15-04-13, 08:17
u mean the bedhead will be sitting on the bay window? that is one possibility. if you put the bed after the bay window perpendicular to the wardrobe, there wont be space to open the wardrobe. anyone consider changing them to sliding? what is the cost like?

Wahh.. The wardrobe is not using sliding door?

Getting my keys today.. Will post pic tonight :)

streamium70
15-04-13, 09:28

refer to the video below....at about 2min50sec.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ewbum9n0FhQ

waiting anxiously for your pictures! besides your unit, do post common areas as well. thanks!

gosperence
15-04-13, 10:23

Wah envious u....so far no news from lawyer for me.:doh:

streamium70
15-04-13, 10:49
Wah envious u....so far no news from lawyer for me.:doh:

have you call them?

kQ
15-04-13, 11:03
have you call them?

For neighbors in blk 91, this week will receive the notice of payment , once payment is cleared,keys can be collected

MCL land replied me as above, just to share neighbors !

Komo
15-04-13, 13:07
For neighbors in blk 91, this week will receive the notice of payment , once payment is cleared,keys can be collected

MCL land replied me as above, just to share neighbors !
this is premium block facing the beautiful lagoon:D :D

gosperence
15-04-13, 13:55
have you call them?

I did they said not yet. Mine is blk 93

Komo
15-04-13, 18:17
the more i look at the estuary signage the more find it too plain..especially when the light is on... they should put the logo as in the brochure :D :

Orchid Park
15-04-13, 21:58
Hi Bro,

Hi kQ
Can you provide contact for the transparent blinds? Sounds good!

AntZZZZ
15-04-13, 22:05
For those lucky few who gotten the key already, can tell me is the ceiling really that low ?

Orchid Park
15-04-13, 22:11
I was told is 2.9m, but with false ceiling at some area, it is 2.4m.
Heard bay window is 50m.

TheEstuary
16-04-13, 00:33
i compiled the photos into 1 video.. my apologize, the quality/image resolution downgraded a lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Js0iiLHuDlU

photos can be downloaded here :

http://www.4shared.com/zip/riovSaMw/Estuary.html

anyone keen to start a new FB Page for our new neighborhood? one agent approached me today, asking if i'm going to stay or sell the unit. he invited me to join the FB page which managed by him. it will be so much better if we have an FB page which managed by the residents (not by property agent).

oh ya, lift lobby entrance secured by access card.

laomai
16-04-13, 06:13
Thanks TheEstuary for the photos! Looks great!:cheers4:
I am collecting my keys this Thursday. Can't wait. :rolleyes:
Will be happy to start a Facebook page for estuary if fellow forumers are keen. Will be a great way to share info and organize group buys.
Hope to gather people who are interested to do grilles and decking for the balcony.

laomai
16-04-13, 06:36
Created Facebook page here
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-estuary/607795419248969

TheEstuary
16-04-13, 07:44
One more thing...

They allow us to install roller blind on the balcony (outside). But, they have decided the color of it (including the color for the bathroom's roller blind).

Both sample colors given by them, attached together with a namecard.

Bro laomai, thanks for the FB page.. Will join tonight :)

gosperence
16-04-13, 08:49
One more thing...

They allow us to install roller blind on the balcony (outside). But, they have decided the color of it (including the color for the bathroom's roller blind).

How's the quality of the workmanship? I bought the 1302sqft one....saw some photos in property guru the aircon is at dining table area.....such an idiot:simmering:

Kanarazu
16-04-13, 09:00
How's the quality of the workmanship? I bought the 1302sqft one....saw some photos in property guru the aircon is at dining table area.....such an idiot:simmering:

Aircon cannot be placed at the common party wall side so usually one at living room and one at dining room along internal walls. Ideally dining table should lean against common wall with yor Neighbour if you don't want to kena the aircon at dining table.

Kanarazu
16-04-13, 09:02
One more thing...

How come bathroom blind color also need to be standardized?

gosperence
16-04-13, 09:22
How come bathroom blind color also need to be standardized?

Masterbed room bathroom windows for some units facing outside....like my block 93 facing the leisure pool.

gosperence
16-04-13, 09:25
Aircon cannot be placed at the common party wall side so usually one at living room and one at dining room along internal walls. Ideally dining table should lean against common wall with yor Neighbour if you don't want to kena the aircon at dining table.

Do they have 2 units in the living room?

streamium70
16-04-13, 09:34

that is usually the case, one for living, one for dinning. if not, not strong enough to cool the whole living/dinning place.

Kanarazu
16-04-13, 09:35
Should have 2 if the living/dining area is big or long enough.

azeoprop
16-04-13, 09:58
i compiled the photos into 1 video.. my apologize, the quality/image resolution downgraded a lot.

anyone keen to start a new FB Page for our new neighborhood? one agent approached me today, asking if i'm going to stay or sell the unit. he invited me to join the FB page which managed by him. it will be so much better if we have an FB page which managed by the residents (not by property agent).

Beautiful photos! Congrats!

:cheers4:

greenteaman
16-04-13, 09:59
One more thing...

Bro The Estuary,
Did they mentioned on the grills or invisible types that we can install at the balcony?
I intend to put non transparent window flims on the both bathroom, I find it not practical to have big pieces windows at toilet unless all are facing sea view which only visible to flying objects and also incurred unwanted expenses.

TheEstuary
16-04-13, 10:07
Bro The Estuary,
Did they mentioned on the grills or invisible types that we can install at the balcony?
I intend to put non transparent window flims on the both bathroom, I find it not practical to have big pieces windows at toilet unless all are facing sea view which only visible to flying objects and also incurred unwanted expenses.
it is not invisible type, and we can install it on the grills. its like for covering the balcony when raining.

greenteaman
16-04-13, 10:28
it is not invisible type, and we can install it on the grills. its like for covering the balcony when raining.

Thanks for your info. I'm getting my keys this Friday. Congrats to you.

TheEstuary
16-04-13, 10:57
congrats to you too bro!! :cheers4: :cheers4:

where is bro "ESTUARY GUNDU", long time never see him here...

Alovy
16-04-13, 11:12

Bro,

I will be getting my keys too on this Friday.What time slots did you opt for?
Maybe we will be able to meet. Congrats to all Estuarian:jump-for-joy:

kQ
16-04-13, 11:17
Hi kQ
Can you provide contact for the transparent blinds? Sounds good!

Sorry to all for not replying on the transparent blind contact
http://db.tt/SI6lprBz
Here is the contact , the transparent blind is cool, let's get MA to approve
This one

kQ
16-04-13, 11:18

Hi
Do you have pictures of the approved blinds?
Tks

TheEstuary
16-04-13, 11:37
Hi
Do you have pictures of the approved blinds?
Tks
i dont have the pictures bro..

greenteaman
16-04-13, 11:37
Bro,

I will be getting my keys too on this Friday.What time slots did you opt for?
Maybe we will be able to meet. Congrats to all Estuarian:jump-for-joy:

Bro Alovy,

My slot is 230pm. Staying at blk 97.:cheers2: :cheers2: :cheers2:

laomai
16-04-13, 18:18
Thanks for all the "likes" for the facebook page. Tonight I will consolidate some of the issues of interest for discussion there e.g. blinds

Once I get my keys on Thursday, I will post photos and try to address the queries posted here as well.

Created Facebook page here

gosperence
16-04-13, 18:28

Can see youtube but the photos at 4shared can't open require special download of software?

How you felt the overall environment, design, look n feel?

greenteaman
16-04-13, 18:42
Thanks for all the "likes" for the facebook page. Tonight I will consolidate some of the issues of interest for discussion there e.g. blinds

Once I get my keys on Thursday, I will post photos and try to address the queries posted here as well.

Hi Bro Lao Mai,
Thanks for the FB created for Estuary Owners. May I suggest to edit the name to Estuarian as some of the forums bros/sis ever mentioned this name in the forum. This will allows us to have our own sharing platform and also few agents created FB using the name 'The Estuary'. Just my 2 cents opinion.

Cheers..........:cheers4:

hellvivid
16-04-13, 19:36
Create a group and invite all estuary members :)

TheEstuary
16-04-13, 20:42
Can see youtube but the photos at 4shared can't open require special download of software?

No need to use special software bro.. can just click the download button.
For me, overall is good.

I am posting this 8.41pm at the reading room..aircon is on.. very quiet.. haha..
Was trying to upload the photo, but not successful.

pocoyo05
16-04-13, 20:45
No need to use special software bro.. can just click the download button.
For me, overall is good.

I am posting this 8.41pm at the reading room..aircon is on.. very quiet.. haha..
Was trying to upload the photo, but not successful.

can share the experience of collecting the keys?
anything in particular to ask or look out for?

laomai
16-04-13, 21:50
For ease of access, I have uploaded TheEstuary's and streamium70's wonderful photos to the facebook page for all to enjoy:cheers1:

laomai
16-04-13, 22:12
Ok, I have changed the name to the estuarians!
New link is https://www.facebook.com/estuarians

(reminds me of centurion :D )
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/bd/Posterofcenturion.jpg/220px-Posterofcenturion.jpg

Hi Bro Lao Mai,
Thanks for the FB created for Estuary Owners. May I suggest to edit the name to Estuarian as some of the forums bros/sis ever mentioned this name in the forum. This will allows us to have our own sharing platform and also few agents created FB using the name 'The Estuary'. Just my 2 cents opinion.

Cheers..........:cheers4:

greenteaman
16-04-13, 22:33

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/bd/Posterofcenturion.jpg/220px-Posterofcenturion.jpg

LOL.... Thanks a lot.

3 cheers to you for your effort.

TheEstuary
16-04-13, 22:45
can share the experience of collecting the keys?
anything in particular to ask or look out for?
Nothing in particular that we need to ask.. But if you have something to ask, feel free to ask.

During your key collection day, when you come, you report to the security guard and the security guy will ask you to go to the 5th floor of the mscp. The key collection room is next to the gym (there is a sign for it).

You just present your IC.. And the staff from MCL will guide you step by step.. You will get 2 bags, first bag is for the books, remote, keys, manual, etc.. And the other one is the free gift.

Then the MCL staff will guide you to your unit.. You will be the one who open the main door :) all aircon are turned on at that moment.

Hope you can enjoy it!!

TheEstuary
16-04-13, 22:49
For ease of access, I have uploaded TheEstuary's and streamium70's wonderful photos to the facebook page for all to enjoy:cheers1:

Thank you bro for your effort!!

I just "like" it!!

Noexit
16-04-13, 22:56
Any unit picture to show ? :ashamed1:

laomai
16-04-13, 22:59
We should all thank you for your photos and for suggesting to set up the page. I can't wait to contribute photos when I get my keys. :D

Thank you bro for your effort!!

I just "like" it!!

streamium70
17-04-13, 09:35
Any unit picture to show ? :ashamed1:

i am waiting for it as well..in the meantime, attached are some pics from property guru.

fluffyboy
17-04-13, 09:44

Bro, do secret group for residents access only ?

fluffyboy
17-04-13, 09:45
Anyone collecting this Sat morning? Counting down...When I logged in, only left Sat morning earliest.

Komo
17-04-13, 10:03
Nothing in particular that we need to ask.. But if you have something to ask, feel free to ask.

During your key collection day, when you come, you report to the security guard and the security guy will ask you to go to the 5th floor of the mscp. The key collection room is next to the gym (there is a sign for it).

You just present your IC.. And the staff from MCL will guide you step by step.. You will get 2 bags, first bag is for the books, remote, keys, manual, etc.. And the other one is the free gift.

Then the MCL staff will guide you to your unit.. You will be the one who open the main door :) all aircon are turned on at that moment.

Hope you can enjoy it!!
did you have whole day to knock and check tiles, check scratches, check doors and hinges, and everything ?:D

streamium70
17-04-13, 10:05
Anyone collecting this Sat morning? Counting down...When I logged in, only left Sat morning earliest.

i am still waiting for the pincode. will they send a mail to you to inform or you have to call them?