PDA

View Full Version : The Estuary

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12

Komo
17-04-13, 10:11
Ok, I have changed the name to the estuarians!
New link is https://www.facebook.com/estuarians

(reminds me of centurion :D )
Congrats! a new race is born:D :D

TheEstuary
17-04-13, 10:47
did you have whole day to knock and check tiles, check scratches, check doors and hinges, and everything ?:D
mine is a small unit only :ashamed1: :ashamed1: so i knocked the tiles.. all good :)

so far doors and windows all ok.. found 2 things on my unit :
- there is a metal part underneath the kitchen cabinet that not installed properly.
- there is a white color spot on the balcony wall that supposed to be a purple color

i havent check all the light/electrical points, maybe will check on saturday :)

should we crate a list on what things that we need to check? :D

TheEstuary
17-04-13, 10:48
i am still waiting for the pincode. will they send a mail to you to inform or you have to call them?

sent you a PM bro! please check :)

streamium70
17-04-13, 12:13
sent you a PM bro! please check :)

thanks. the pincode is in the lawyer's letter. key collection is next thursday

Komo
17-04-13, 12:30
mine is a small unit only :ashamed1: :ashamed1: so i knocked the tiles.. all good :)

so far doors and windows all ok.. found 2 things on my unit :
- there is a metal part underneath the kitchen cabinet that not installed properly.
- there is a white color spot on the balcony wall that supposed to be a purple color

i havent check all the light/electrical points, maybe will check on saturday :)

should we crate a list on what things that we need to check? :D
I actually thought they provided a check list since suppose to be joint inspection :confused:

TheEstuary
17-04-13, 13:24
I actually thought they provided a check list since suppose to be joint inspection :confused:
the only provide the list of items that we should get it during the handover.

for defect, we should check on our own

ESTUARY GUNDU
17-04-13, 15:42
All Estuarian Bros/Siss
For those who have collected keys to your unit, congratulation !!!:cheers5:
I haven't collect mine becos just came back from overseas...got my lawyer's letter and start to follow up with the collection of keys to my unit.
Can anyone please advise if the termination end point is installed in the unit for the fibre connection ?
Did the developer give us a form for application of the utilities account opening ?
Maint. fees can pay via GIRO ?
Have u guys start using the condo's factilities...tennis court...BBQ...swimming lap pool...and how is it ?
Thanks Bro THE ESTUARY...nice pics taken within the condo's compound...

TheEstuary
17-04-13, 16:19
welcome back bro!
i try to answer one by one

All Estuarian Bros/Siss
For those who have collected keys to your unit, congratulation !!!:cheers5:
I haven't collect mine becos just came back from overseas...got my lawyer's letter and start to follow up with the collection of keys to my unit.
Can anyone please advise if the termination end point is installed in the unit for the fibre connection ?

yes.. termination end point is already installed. located in kitchen area.

Did the developer give us a form for application of the utilities account opening ?

yes, they prepare 2 forms.. spservices and singtel. but for city gas we have to do it by ourself.
i applied the spservices by myself 1 week ago but i put my activation on 2nd may.
the electricity on my unit is still ON now, and paid by developer :D :D

Maint. fees can pay via GIRO ?

i didnt ask this. but, main fees will be paid in 3 months basis.

Have u guys start using the condo's factilities...tennis court...BBQ...swimming lap pool...and how is it ?

last nite, 830pm i went in, and sit inside the reading room since the aircon is on (while the weather was hot). nice and comfort.. inside got LED Smart TV, i guess 46 or 55 inch.
other facilites i havent tried. but seems all ready.

kQ
17-04-13, 17:16
welcome back bro!
i try to answer one by one

yes.. termination end point is already installed. located in kitchen area.

yes, they prepare 2 forms.. spservices and singtel. but for city gas we have to do it by ourself.
i applied the spservices by myself 1 week ago but i put my activation on 2nd may.
the electricity on my unit is still ON now, and paid by developer :D :D

i didnt ask this. but, main fees will be paid in 3 months basis.

last nite, 830pm i went in, and sit inside the reading room since the aircon is on (while the weather was hot). nice and comfort.. inside got LED Smart TV, i guess 46 or 55 inch.
other facilites i havent tried. but seems all ready.

Hey
Can you help me check what is the color of the tile at the balcony area? Same as main hall? Or different color tile?
Tks Bro

TheEstuary
17-04-13, 17:21
Hey
Can you help me check what is the color of the tile at the balcony area? Same as main hall? Or different color tile?
Tks Bro

if i remember correctly, its different color..
i can check for you tomorrow :D tonight will be back home late so it will be too late to walk again to estuary :)

Kanarazu
17-04-13, 20:08
How's the ceiling height like? From the pics provided I estimate maybe 2.55m?

laomai
18-04-13, 22:28
Am back from key collection!
Posted interior pictures and Q&A at the estuarians facebook page.
Enjoy! :cheers1:

https://www.facebook.com/estuarians

laomai
18-04-13, 22:35
Very angry that the MA says NO grilles allowed at the balcony. Not even invisible grilles as it can damage the water proofing. This is ridiculous as safety should be of paramount importance given that this is a family oriented condo and there is such a big balcony. :simmering: :banghead:

Those who are concerned about the safety of your kids, please join me to provide feedback to the MA. If they can standardise on the type of grilles, at least it will look nicer without compromising on safety.

Bro The Estuary,
Did they mentioned on the grills or invisible types that we can install at the balcony?
I intend to put non transparent window flims on the both bathroom, I find it not practical to have big pieces windows at toilet unless all are facing sea view which only visible to flying objects and also incurred unwanted expenses.

ESTUARY GUNDU
19-04-13, 04:31
Very angry that the MA says NO grilles allowed at the balcony. Not even invisible grilles as it can damage the water proofing. This is ridiculous as safety should be of paramount importance given that this is a family oriented condo and there is such a big balcony. :simmering: :banghead:

Those who are concerned about the safety of your kids, please join me to provide feedback to the MA. If they can standardise on the type of grilles, at least it will look nicer without compromising on safety.
Hi Bro
maybe shall we write to the relevant authorities like BCA/URA to seek clarifications with them before confronting the MA or developer ?I think this is really too absurd for them to go against with,especially family with young children !If MA or the developer still object to it,see MP !

dare2
19-04-13, 05:34
How's the ceiling height like? From the pics provided I estimate maybe 2.55m?
2.55 is low for a condo...should be higher right?

Kanarazu
19-04-13, 06:01
Hi Bro
maybe shall we write to the relevant authorities like BCA/URA to seek clarifications with them before confronting the MA or developer ?I think this is really too absurd for them to go against with,especially family with young children !If MA or the developer still object to it,see MP !

Just show this one to them, official letter:
http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/forum/2012/forum12-08.html

Kanarazu
19-04-13, 06:04
2.55 is low for a condo...should be higher right?

Ya I realized the doors are taller than usual ones as you can see the door knob is on the bottom half of the door rather than right in mid height level. So perhaps 2.75m

laomai
19-04-13, 06:48
Measured yesterday but rather inaccurately as I didn't have a tape measure.
It's about 2.7m.

Ya I realized the doors are taller than usual ones as you can see the door knob is on the bottom half of the door rather than right in mid height level. So perhaps 2.75m

laomai
19-04-13, 06:51
Thanks bro! Will print out and show them!

Just show this one to them, official letter:
http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/forum/2012/forum12-08.html

Komo
19-04-13, 06:58
if concern is drilling on the floor, perhaps there are types which does not need drilling on the floor? at least those half height one should be allowed. or those that run wall to wall horizontally. :confused:

NorthernStar
19-04-13, 07:33
door frame should be quite standard right? else it will be a nightmare if ppl want to change door..

NorthernStar
19-04-13, 07:42
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/14067462/for-sale-the-estuary-yishun

the Stack 02 put up for sale... can see the nice scenery but will you bite the price without any reno?

nav14
19-04-13, 08:52
Hi Bro

MP and BCA can't and will not do anything. MA and developer will also unlikely do anything. Have to wait for 2 years for the Management Council is set up and a resolution can be put up for approval at AGM to allow grilles at balcony.
Personally I will only push for invisible grilles as any other kind of grilles will mess up the look of the condo and in the longer term affect the value of your investment.

gosperence
19-04-13, 09:06

No grills pls only invisible one. U might be over worrying....unless u left small kids at home without anyone looking after.

kane
19-04-13, 09:09
If it affects the water proofing, can't they add an extra strip of concrete at the edge to anchor the bottom end of the tension wire so that it doesn't affect the original water proofing layer.

That extra strip of concrete is unlikely to change the load factor by much.

mkmm
19-04-13, 09:24

the Stack 02 put up for sale... can see the nice scenery but will you bite the price without any reno?
2 beders asking for 1.3 mil? Estuary's owners ...Haut ah..!

laomai
19-04-13, 09:33
I could be over-worrying but that's much better than a lifetime of regret.
There has been accidents before and it's not because there's no one at home.
list of articles from Google search (https://www.google.com.sg/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&ie=UTF-8#cr=countrySG&hl=en&tbs=ctr:countrySG&sclient=psy-ab&q=balcony+death&oq=balcony+death&gs_l=serp.3..35i39l2j0i20j0.37084.37408.0.37827.3.3.0.0.0.2.280.749.2-3.3.0...0.0...1c.1.9.psy-ab.typEuQDqc3Y&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.r_qf.&fp=bef7979211be19ac&ion=1&biw=1366&bih=677)

I agree that aesthetics are important. Due to this, I am fine with invisible grilles. I am just angry that MCL Land did not approve any grilles. In the end, safety conscious owners will install a myriad of designs (at their own risk of non compliance) and we will have a rojak facade.

No grills pls only invisible one. U might be over worrying....unless u left small kids at home without anyone looking after.

greenteaman
19-04-13, 09:54
list of articles from Google search (https://www.google.com.sg/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&ie=UTF-8#cr=countrySG&hl=en&tbs=ctr:countrySG&sclient=psy-ab&q=balcony+death&oq=balcony+death&gs_l=serp.3..35i39l2j0i20j0.37084.37408.0.37827.3.3.0.0.0.2.280.749.2-3.3.0...0.0...1c.1.9.psy-ab.typEuQDqc3Y&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.r_qf.&fp=bef7979211be19ac&ion=1&biw=1366&bih=677)

I agree that aesthetics are important. Due to this, I am fine with invisible grilles. I am just angry that MCL Land did not approve any grilles. In the end, safety conscious owners will install a myriad of designs (at their own risk of non compliance) and we will have a rojak facade.

Bro, you are not over worry. We can educate daily to our kids not to do this do that at balcony etc but not to our dear friends/ colleagues kids. Certain matters can be compromise but not at stake of a life safety. No one can be responsible for others.

Komo
19-04-13, 12:48
really surprised that such a renowned developer has not anticipated and provided for to owners who need balcony grilles when the balcony is so big and expected to be part of the living space!!:simmering:

Kanarazu
19-04-13, 12:48
door frame should be quite standard right? else it will be a nightmare if ppl want to change door..

That's what I thought but looking at the door knobs these are upsized ones.

uzone
19-04-13, 15:39
there is Megatex sale in expo. i want to get refrigerator and washing machine. however , i still haven't gotten any floor plan with exact measurement. i wonder what is the suitable size of the refrigerator and washing machine should i get for a single bedroom ?

fluffyboy
19-04-13, 15:47
there is Megatex sale in expo. i want to get refrigerator and washing machine. however , i still haven't gotten any floor plan with exact measurement. i wonder what is the suitable size of the refrigerator and washing machine should i get for a single bedroom ?

Wait for GSS for better lobang and can get exact measurements by then

fluffyboy
19-04-13, 15:49

I have an active toddler at home and will not risk his life lor...see what happen to recent case of 2-yr old dropping down balcony and died.

I will support appeal / demand for invisible grilles to be approved:hell-hath-no-fury:

Kanarazu
19-04-13, 16:09
I have an active toddler at home and will not risk his life lor...see what happen to recent case of 2-yr old dropping down balcony and died.

I will support appeal / demand for invisible grilles to be approved:hell-hath-no-fury:

How abt a grill at the inside facing side of the balcony doors?

Kanarazu
19-04-13, 16:14

Depth of bedroom wardrobe on the floor plan is about 60cm. You can measure from there and short list the appliances but suggest u wait for the real thing before buying since you cannot tell the exact height of the wall cabinets above the fridge if any and most importantly floor plans do change a little bit subjected to URA building plan approvals.

fluffyboy
19-04-13, 16:16

machiam prison sia...

NorthernStar
19-04-13, 18:20

from the pix, no problem for the fridge.. but you need to be careful for the washing machine as there is a kitchen top..

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/12581915/for-rent-the-estuary-yishun

Alovy
19-04-13, 20:02

Bro, to be exact, it is 2.77m. Took a measuring tape to measure when I collected the keys today.

Komo
19-04-13, 20:18
Bro, to be exact, it is 2.77m. Took a measuring tape to measure when I collected the keys today.
minus 15 cm for false ceiling still got 2.62m:D

pocoyo05
19-04-13, 21:22

to be fair, the best child safety is to have grilles installed behind the glass sliding doors. then you can leave the glass doors opened for wind to come in while ensuring that no child can go to the balcony. why would any parent leave his toddler out in a balcony? if there's no restriction on facade, the development will look like those old HUDC developments with balconies. take a drive along Lor Chuan and you'll get a pretty good idea on what i'm saying. is it really true that they don't allow invisible grilles to be installed? why? did they give any reasons?
just my 2 cents worth....

laomai
19-04-13, 22:02
The reason given against invisible grills is that the anchor point will puncture the water proofing layer.

is it really true that they don't allow invisible grilles to be installed? why? did they give any reasons?
just my 2 cents worth....

pocoyo05
19-04-13, 22:34
The reason given against invisible grills is that the anchor point will puncture the water proofing layer.

just passed by earlier on and noticed that the LED lights are no longer there! i wonder what happened?

Komo
20-04-13, 10:22

This unit is amongst best of the best !! :scared-4:
The 2 bedder layout offered in estuary is also amongst the best of all recent projects. Just one short coming ... I prefer to look down at a blue lagoon ... instead of a green pond :D

Kanarazu
20-04-13, 11:23
The 2 bedder layout offered in estuary is also amongst the best of all recent projects. Just one short coming ... I prefer to look down at a blue lagoon ... instead of a green pond :D

A glimpse of what skies Miltonia view would looks like, but SM looks slightly cheaper

Komo
20-04-13, 11:34
A glimpse of what skies Miltonia view would looks like, but SM looks slightly cheaper
expected since here you get to be much closer to MRT, neighborhood mall, can walk over to parks, community facilities, etc etc :D
believe Katib will get to have some future developments too :D
1.3 for this 2 bedder is about there:D

NorthernStar
20-04-13, 12:00
expected since here you get to be much closer to MRT, neighborhood mall, can walk over to parks, community facilities, etc etc :D
believe Katib will get to have some future developments too :D
1.3 for this 2 bedder is about there:D
The park is too small.. if there is event there, it will b noisy. I was there last month and the sound of loud speaker reflects btw the buildings . Unlike bedok reservoirs, it has big enough park for jogging or stroll and future mrt just next door.

Komo
20-04-13, 13:02
The park is too small.. if there is event there, it will b noisy. I was there last month and the sound of loud speaker reflects btw the buildings . Unlike bedok reservoirs, it has big enough park for jogging or stroll and future mrt just next door.
park wise here has bottle tree park too :D all within walking distance :D the bedok ones are great too ;)

gosperence
20-04-13, 14:42
Remaining blocks released. :)

azeoprop
20-04-13, 15:15

The view that others can only dream of.... :o

kane
20-04-13, 16:24
this stack looks good, any west sun?

NorthernStar
20-04-13, 16:41
this stack looks good, any west sun?
Stack 02 is the best stack with views but no west sun.

Don Juan
20-04-13, 16:45
Can't wait for mine, Blk 95 stack 26 :spliff:

Kanarazu
21-04-13, 07:44

Last night spoke to the invisible grill sales guy at Expo. He said the anchor point is always the curb and not on the floor itself. (so this point really addresses the water proofing concern.) And anchoring on the rail structure itself (half height) is not advisable and do it at your own risk. Standard gap between grill is 4.5 inches, maximum can go is 6 inches.

laomai
21-04-13, 08:24
Not sure if that will affect the water proofing of the curb too. Wonder if installing it horizontally would address the issue?

If a lot of us ends up doing invisible grille, we should organise a group buy!

Last night spoke to the invisible grill sales guy at Expo. He said the anchor point is always the curb and not on the floor itself. (so this point really addresses the water proofing concern.) And anchoring on the rail structure itself (half height) is not advisable and do it at your own risk. Standard gap between grill is 4.5 inches, maximum can go is 6 inches.

Komo
21-04-13, 08:39
does half height require drilling into the railing? why not advisable? think half height will look better. thanks

Kanarazu
21-04-13, 11:23
does half height require drilling into the railing? why not advisable? think half height will look better. thanks

Concern is the railing structure is not as strong as drilling into the curb.

Spidey
21-04-13, 11:26
1) I saw a worker accessing the side gate (without the access card) by "slipping" his hand through the wide gaps of the fencing and then press the push button in the interior.

2) The stairway route of each block is not secured by the access card. Thus, anyone can gain access into any blocks by using the stairway route even in the absence of the access card.

Kanarazu
21-04-13, 11:39
Not sure if that will affect the water proofing of the curb too. Wonder if installing it horizontally would address the issue?

If a lot of us ends up doing invisible grille, we should organise a group buy!

Horizontal works only if your balcony has left and right sides with walls. But that's a good idea. Would it be nice if some units horizontal and some vertical invisible grills? Will be quite unsightly if there's no standardization.

Kanarazu
21-04-13, 11:43
1) I saw a worker accessing the side gate (without the access card) by "slipping" his hand through the wide gaps of the fencing and then press the push button in the interior.

2) The stairway route of each block is not secured by the access card. Thus, anyone can gain access into any blocks by using the stairway route even in the absence of the access card.

Shouldn't have a button in the first place. And the staircase should always lead to ground floor lift lobby and not outside. Whoever design the security is not security conscious.

greenteaman
21-04-13, 22:23
Hi All,

Please note:

1.There are no proper shelter to your blk frm the MSCP. (Blk 97 & 99)
2. The basement carpark only serves blk 85 to 91.
3. No proper walkway to buildings from the main entrance.
4. No tables and chairs near swimming pool at level 5.

As for security and safety measures certainly do needs improvement.

I hope I will not contribute more cons.

streamium70
21-04-13, 23:04
Hi All,

Please note:

>> concern about this esp if there is heavy rain.
>> i notice this as well. I notice pathway leading to the left but no direct path leading towards the center. the circular dropoff point is a bit unless against rain given that the shelter is so high and not curvey enough. Or it is suppose to be just a round about?
>> i guess this will come after a while?

my comments to your good observations.

Spidey
21-04-13, 23:05
Let's give them the benefit of the doubt since improvements and progress are ongoing at the moment. Give them some time till things are more settled. But if security issues such as those I have mentioned are still not resolved, perhaps we should consolidate a list and feedback. Basic security issues should not be compromised.

Kanarazu
22-04-13, 06:52
Hi All,

Please note:

Covered shelter will have to count as part of GFA. Maybe can suggest have those tensioned white canvas type of shelter?

Kanarazu
22-04-13, 06:57
Hi All,

Please note:

Any reasons why basement car park is restricted to only 1 level?

laomai
22-04-13, 08:58
Hi greenteaman!

Share your comments about no shelter from MSCP. Very bad design. Will raise it to developer. Agree with your other points as well.

Hi spidey!
Thanks for highlighting the part about the slipping of hands through the gate. I tried it and it is true! They need ought to design this better.

Hi All,

Please note:

mantrix
22-04-13, 13:23
Heard from a friend that in order to use the lap pool, residents need to take the elevator down, walk to MSCP, then take the elevator up again? wow :eek:

greenteaman
22-04-13, 13:44
Heard from a friend that in order to use the lap pool, residents need to take the elevator down, walk to MSCP, then take the elevator up again? wow :eek:

Correct. Elevator located inside the MSCP (Level 1) corner of both side. There are no link at level 5 to swimming pool at all other than level 5 owners at blk 97 & 95 facing pool (walk out directly from their balcony).
To access to sand pit, playground and tennis court, need to take elevator to level 2 from MSCP to enjoy.

greenteaman
22-04-13, 13:50
Hi All,

Has anyone received quote on the water proof blinds for the bathrooms?

mantrix
22-04-13, 15:19
Correct. Elevator located inside the MSCP (Level 1) corner of both side. There are no link at level 5 to swimming pool at all other than level 5 owners at blk 97 & 95 facing pool (walk out directly from their balcony).
To access to sand pit, playground and tennis court, need to take elevator to level 2 from MSCP to enjoy.

thanks. What sort of units are those that enjoy direct access? Funny developer would build those links since it is not a common facility.

What about main ground floor pool? Easier access I assume?

Alovy
22-04-13, 15:57
Hi All,

Has anyone received quote on the water proof blinds for the bathrooms?

Bro, I got a quote from the supplier that the management office gave. It's $532 for my master bath and $140 for the common bath. I am staying in the 2 bedder.

It's so open and there's a gap even with the blind. We are not allowed with any frosted film on the window. :doh:

greenteaman
22-04-13, 16:01
thanks. What sort of units are those that enjoy direct access? Funny developer would build those links since it is not a common facility.

What about main ground floor pool? Easier access I assume?

No access issues on ground level facilities.
My son tried the splashing pool (facing the reservoir), aqua pool, lap pool. Not too bad.
Another point to add on, the drop off point for blks 95 & 97 shelter not big enough to cover against heavy downpour. Sure wet wet.

gosperence
22-04-13, 17:15
My son tried the splashing pool (facing the reservoir), aqua pool, lap pool. Not too bad.
Another point to add on, the drop off point for blks 95 & 97 shelter not big enough to cover against heavy downpour. Sure wet wet.

Really poor design....

streamium70
22-04-13, 19:23

come to think of it, does the drop off point provide any shelter to the other blocks? i dont think so. In that case, it doesnt serve any purpose if it doesnt link to other blocks. Sounds more like a nice looking drop off point for the passenger before the car goes into the mscp. i am more concern that in cases of heavy rain, are the shelter from the mscp to the blocks wide enough to protect against the splashing.

streamium70
22-04-13, 19:25
Bro, I got a quote from the supplier that the management office gave. It's $532 for my master bath and $140 for the common bath. I am staying in the 2 bedder.

It's so open and there's a gap even with the blind. We are not allowed with any frosted film on the window. :doh:

No frosted film?? what is this! For those staying in the ground and lower floors, it is almost a free show for everyone.

laomai
22-04-13, 21:07
Hi fellow estuarians, I have managed to secure a meeting with the Managing Agent this Saturday. Will raise the balcony grilles issue as top priority. If you like to add your voice to this, please Like the post on the estuarians facebook page or comment on this post here. I will then convey the message. Cheers! :cheers4:

greenteaman
22-04-13, 22:37
No frosted film?? what is this! For those staying in the ground and lower floors, it is almost a free show for everyone.

We will not have such issue looking for quote and spent extra $$$ on the stupid blind if the designer design all walls with just window bay for both toilets.

TheEstuary
23-04-13, 11:14
block 89..

last sunday, the lift lobby on basement level (aircon one, connected to basement carpark) was flooded (due to not-so-heavy rain)

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

my bathroom got leaking from the above unit also. can see the yellowish on the ceiling...

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

-------

anyone tried the side entrance (avenue 2)? seems that you have to push/pull the door further to get it locked. if you dont do that, the door wont get locked.

Komo
23-04-13, 13:16
anyone tried the side entrance (avenue 2)? seems that you have to push/pull the door further to get it locked. if you dont do that, the door wont get locked.
will be very surprised if the side gate is still in good condition. never seen a side gate suffered so much physical "abuse". this morning just saw a worker carrying a large mattress size metal sheet (looks like one of those for the roof of the makeshift structure) over his head alone and passing the side gate knocking here and there. really puzzled why don't they open the gate to the rubbish centre to do that. :doh: really wonder if they bother about anything now :doh: :doh:

Orchid Park
23-04-13, 13:19
This is unacceptable! Laomai, since you manage to secure a meeting with the managing agent, can you help to feedback all these issues that were raised?
- Standard grilles for balcony
- Security access
- leakeage etc

I am planning to install some roller blinds at the balcony area in case heavy downpour which may flood the area, anyone else doing so?

mcmlxxvi
23-04-13, 13:29

I have a simple and cheap idea... Fix a shower curtain from ikea to the window. Waterproof n cant see anything.

Had wanted to hold back on dissing MCL after seeing nice photos of the project. Guess they are still quite crappy after all these years.

greenteaman
23-04-13, 13:36
I have a simple and cheap idea... Fix a shower curtain from ikea to the window. Waterproof n cant see anything.

Had wanted to hold back on dissing MCL after seeing nice photos of the project. Guess they are still quite crappy after all these years.

Bro, I have looked at all IKEA blinds but cunt find and the Staff mentioned they do not carry waterproof blinds. Ever think of the shower curtains too, but color restricted by developer. Sianz........:doh:

Komo
23-04-13, 13:47

... and they still have quite a number of projects on hand :simmering:

laomai
23-04-13, 16:00
Will do! Can clarify on the leakage part?

They did approve grey waterproof roller blinds for the balcony so can install to block the rain. I might not do that cos not a lot of splattering at my unit despite Sunday's rain.

This is unacceptable! Laomai, since you manage to secure a meeting with the managing agent, can you help to feedback all these issues that were raised?
- Standard grilles for balcony
- Security access
- leakeage etc

I am planning to install some roller blinds at the balcony area in case heavy downpour which may flood the area, anyone else doing so?

laomai
23-04-13, 16:03
Don't understand how they can say no to frosted film. When I talk to them during key collection, they say not advisable cos frosted film may shrink due to moisture. But they didn't say cannot.

Having roller blinds is too troublesome and expensive! If they are so concerned about a common facade, they should provide us with the blinds rather than leave it to us!

Alovy
23-04-13, 17:05
Don't understand how they can say no to frosted film. When I talk to them during key collection, they say not advisable cos frosted film may shrink due to moisture. But they didn't say cannot.

Having roller blinds is too troublesome and expensive! If they are so concerned about a common facade, they should provide us with the blinds rather than leave it to us!

I asked them yesterday on the frosted film and they said NO cos there will be shadows when the light is on. So blinds is a must and it must be that material they have decided.

laomai
23-04-13, 17:17
This is so ridiculous. By that definition, does it mean we cannot have day curtains in our rooms cos there will be shadows when the light is on? They shouldn't have any control of what we do inside our house.:simmering:

I asked them yesterday on the frosted film and they said NO cos there will be shadows when the light is on. So blinds is a must and it must be that material they have decided.

RCR
23-04-13, 18:53
so many issues...fail!

star
23-04-13, 19:34
Like what i said before, sometime staying in HDB is better than condo. U lose all your freedom and rights, like a prison.

Orchid Park
23-04-13, 19:57
Will do! Can clarify on the leakage part?

They did approve grey waterproof roller blinds for the balcony so can install to block the rain. I might not do that cos not a lot of splattering at my unit despite Sunday's rain.

May leave it for now since the other member facing the issue will do their part.
Concern is on the safety and security aspect.

Did not know that they approved grey waterproof roller blinds (yet to get my key). Did they provide vendor contact? Good that you are not affected by the heavy rain unlike some. Mind if I ask which stack are you at?

greenteaman
23-04-13, 20:48

I have get my contractor to quote for my 2 bedder (926sqft) as follows:

1. 2 pcs water proof blinds at MBR bath rm.
2. 1 pc water proof blinds at common bath rm.
3. Day and night curtains at MBR (balcony and window bay)
4. Day curtain at common rm.
5. Day curtain at living rm.

Curtain are track type(those curtains needs to put on metal clip). Curtains made in Italy according the brochures he show me.

Water proof blinds with add on internal spring for easy roll up comes with 5 yrs warranty on the mechanism. I felt that the material is slightly better than the ones recommended by Developer.

Total damage $2100 (curtains $1500, blinds $600)

Pls let me know if you guys has better rates.

Deviate frm the topic, I have tested tap and found my MBR bathroom tap below the sink is leaking. Pls check on this when you guys do inspection.

Cheers..........

laomai
23-04-13, 21:26
Wow $600 just for blinds for bathrooms! It's not as if we will roll up the blinds and enjoy the scenery from the bathroom :doh:

I have get my contractor to quote for my 2 bedder (926sqft) as follows:

1. 2 pcs water proof blinds at MBR bath rm.
2. 1 pc water proof blinds at common bath rm.
3. Day and night curtains at MBR (balcony and window bay)
4. Day curtain at common rm.
5. Day curtain at living rm.

Curtain are track type(those curtains needs to put on metal clip). Curtains made in Italy according the brochures he show me.

Water proof blinds with add on internal spring for easy roll up comes with 5 yrs warranty on the mechanism. I felt that the material is slightly better than the ones recommended by Developer.

Total damage $2100 (curtains $1500, blinds $600)

Pls let me know if you guys has better rates.

Deviate frm the topic, I have tested tap and found my MBR bathroom tap below the sink is leaking. Pls check on this when you guys do inspection.

Cheers..........

gosperence
23-04-13, 22:16
Wow $600 just for blinds for bathrooms! It's not as if we will roll up the blinds and enjoy the scenery from the bathroom :doh:

You can get cheaper rate for curtain in jb. Go bukit indah there quite a lot of curtain makers. Take the measurement or ask them to come over to sg to measure. It should be 40% less.

greenteaman
23-04-13, 23:26

Bo bian, spending the blind $$$ to seal up the FREE SHOW....... :scared-1:

Kanarazu
24-04-13, 06:40
Bo bian, spending the blind $$$ to seal up the FREE SHOW....... :scared-1:

What motivates developer to build bay windows in bathrooms in the first place? When buyers bought the units with such bathrooms what were the initial thoughts and how did the hesitation get resolved then?

kane
24-04-13, 09:06
Bay window in toilet can put your shampoo and conditioner. But it is probably the most expensive holder around. Lol. It's a nice to have since it doesn't eat into the gfa back in the past. Now you rather have that gfa in your bedrooms or something.

Komo
24-04-13, 09:23
without windows the bathroom may get very moldy. otherwise need to install ventilator.

FamilyGuy72
24-04-13, 11:39

If blinds are a must, why didn't the developer installed them in the first place :banghead:

mcmlxxvi
24-04-13, 11:44
Bro, I have looked at all IKEA blinds but cunt find and the Staff mentioned they do not carry waterproof blinds. Ever think of the shower curtains too, but color restricted by developer. Sianz........:doh:

Surely there are plain white shower curtains??

http://www.ikea.com/sg/en/catalog/products/90209439/
http://www.ikea.com/sg/en/catalog/products/90174897/

Dont tell me they expect same ugly lilac color as their external facade?

mcmlxxvi
24-04-13, 11:49
What motivates developer to build bay windows in bathrooms in the first place? When buyers bought the units with such bathrooms what were the initial thoughts and how did the hesitation get resolved then?

Bay window in bathroom is to encourage clean and green reproductive activity. Wash and lubricate with water instead of chemicals and non recyclable tissue paper.

Rosy
24-04-13, 12:23
No frosted film for bathroom windows?!

Ridiculous!

In fact, developers should install frosted film for the bathroom windows in the first place. And then it is up to the owners to install additional blinds.

Orchid Park
24-04-13, 13:01
Well said.

Komo
25-04-13, 20:25
wow seems like someone from blk 89 already fully renovated and ready to move ... Champion! Low floor but facing the beautiful lagoon:D :D

TheEstuary
26-04-13, 00:54
wow seems like someone from blk 89 already fully renovated and ready to move ... Champion! Low floor but facing the beautiful lagoon:D :D
Wah.. Super fast!

When u guys plan to move in?

My estimation is end May....

Komo
26-04-13, 03:03
me only managed to drive a few rounds round the roundabout and admired the nice trickling water feature at both sides of the road :p

gosperence
26-04-13, 08:30
me only managed to drive a few rounds round the roundabout and admired the nice trickling water feature at both sides of the road :p

I don't even manage to drive in :- lol. Still waiting for bank to clear loan disbursement & then book for key collection.

streamium70
26-04-13, 09:31
collected my keys yesterday at the 4pm slot. according to the property mgr, about 200 pple has already collected their keys.

Keys collection are on the top floor of the MSCP - same level as the swimming pool (just follow the signboard).
They will guide you through the procedure (checklist, keys, warranty letter, layout plan....). They will also explain what are the types of blinds, grills accepted. The whole process take approx. 20min or so. After that, you can proceed to your unit to enjoy the free air-con. The property mgr will then go thru' all the checklist of the unit.

Nice and enjoyable experience! Made some measurement of the house as well. My son manage even to swim in the pool!

streamium70
26-04-13, 09:39
No frosted film for bathroom windows?!

Ridiculous!

In fact, developers should install frosted film for the bathroom windows in the first place. And then it is up to the owners to install additional blinds.

Spoke to the property mgr on this issue. Grey colour blinds was suggested. However, frosted film are also allowed. He did caution that with frosted film, when there is light and water, you can still see through. Not sure how much you see through though. Any comments?

streamium70
26-04-13, 09:50
May leave it for now since the other member facing the issue will do their part.
Concern is on the safety and security aspect.

Did not know that they approved grey waterproof roller blinds (yet to get my key). Did they provide vendor contact? Good that you are not affected by the heavy rain unlike some. Mind if I ask which stack are you at?

Roller blinds on the balcony are allowed as well. The colour is grey. There was rain in the afternoon before I arrive and notice that the balcony is wet. Blind will be require in case of heavy rain.

TheEstuary
26-04-13, 10:18
Spoke to the property mgr on this issue. Grey colour blinds was suggested. However, frosted film are also allowed. He did caution that with frosted film, when there is light and water, you can still see through. Not sure how much you see through though. Any comments?
a curtain/blinds contractor also told that to me.

still can see through frosted glass if there is light & water. if light, you will see the shadow.

Alovy
26-04-13, 10:25

I thought for bathroom is white color blinds? Frosted film and roller blinds will stop all the free shows.

Alovy
26-04-13, 10:31
Wah.. Super fast!

When u guys plan to move in?

My estimation is end May....

Bro, my estimation is early June. Now still rectifying my 30+ defects but I don't think they are doing a good job. The defects for your unit all rectified?

greenteaman
26-04-13, 10:33
I thought for bathroom is white color blinds? Frosted film and roller blinds will stop all the free shows.

No other color other than white is allowed for roller blind. Btw, flims will eventually peel off in the long run. My contractor advise me not to waste $$ on the flims since we must install the roller blinds.

Alovy
26-04-13, 10:40
No other color other than white is allowed for roller blind. Btw, flims will eventually peel off in the long run. My contractor advise me not to waste $$ on the flims since we must install the roller blinds.

Bro, my master bath has got L shape bay window. There will be a small gap in between the 2 blinds and not 100% coverage if someone really wants to peep. Do you have this problem?

TheEstuary
26-04-13, 10:59
Bro, my estimation is early June. Now still rectifying my 30+ defects but I don't think they are doing a good job. The defects for your unit all rectified?
havent bro.. tomorrow going to meet the MA to check the leaking on my bathroom..

Bro, my master bath has got L shape bay window. There will be a small gap in between the 2 blinds and not 100% coverage if someone really wants to peep. Do you have this problem?
same with me.. i am thinking the same thing for the gap between the 2 blinds. is your gap facing another block/unit?

i was thinking to simply apply a black masking tape on the window, the place where the 2 blinds meet (the gap). kinda ugly, but may work for temporary solution.

Alovy
26-04-13, 11:11
havent bro.. tomorrow going to meet the MA to check the leaking on my bathroom..

same with me.. i am thinking the same thing for the gap between the 2 blinds. is your gap facing another block/unit?

i was thinking to simply apply a black masking tape on the window, the place where the 2 blinds meet (the gap). kinda ugly, but may work for temporary solution.

My gap is facing another unit. It's just too open for mine though no one will really peep.

mcmlxxvi
26-04-13, 11:25
Another cheap trick.

Shower in swimming costume in free show bathroom but wash private parts at kitchen sink.

Or antibacterial wet tissue in bedroom. Works just as well if not better.

gosperence
26-04-13, 11:39

Bro, u never shower open in onsen, sauna overseas, during army? just a gap no big deal.....

gosperence
26-04-13, 11:40
Another cheap trick.

Shower in swimming costume in free show bathroom but wash private parts at kitchen sink.

Or antibacterial wet tissue in bedroom. Works just as well if not better.

OMG u so funny:doh:

Alovy
26-04-13, 11:52
Bro, u never shower open in onsen, sauna overseas, during army? just a gap no big deal.....

No big deal if all Estuarians are men.

mcmlxxvi
26-04-13, 11:56

I would buy Estuary in a heartbeat if that is true. :D

Orchid Park
26-04-13, 12:13
With strong wind and heavy rain, roller blinds will not work as water will still gush in. Like one of the units we saw over our Facebook. Any alternatives?

greenteaman
26-04-13, 12:28

Bro, Contractor told me unable to close up the gap.
For me, base on the angle of the window facing. One of the blind will be slightly further from the window to minimize the gap. The very small gap which others can hardly see will be the wall instead on the shower area. This depends very much on your window angle/ distance facing your neighbour. I will upload the photos once ready. Ytd, one contractor shows me one unit ready on the curtains and blinds located at blk 97 as their showroom. You can take a look for reference.

greenteaman
26-04-13, 12:37

If thats is the case, should rename as BBM @ Yishun.......:cheers1:

Spidey
26-04-13, 23:02
Hi Laomai,

If your meeting with the management tomorrow goes as planned, please raise the following points if possible:

Originally Posted by Spidey

2) The side gate can only be locked if you use some force to shut the gate tight. If not, the gate will remain unlocked.

3) The stairway route of each block is not secured by the access card. Thus, anyone can gain access into any blocks by using the stairway route even in the absence of the access card. The exit of the stairway must be secured by the access card too.

Thanks!

Hi fellow estuarians, I have managed to secure a meeting with the Managing Agent this Saturday. Will raise the balcony grilles issue as top priority. If you like to add your voice to this, please Like the post on the estuarians facebook page or comment on this post here. I will then convey the message. Cheers! :cheers4:

ESTUARY GUNDU
27-04-13, 06:49
the access card system before entering to each block at the basement n 1st level is already activated !So when u want to enter to the block,u will need to use the card issued to u to gain access to your block.

laomai
27-04-13, 06:53
Will do! :)

Hi Laomai,

If your meeting with the management tomorrow goes as planned, please raise the following points if possible:

2) The side gate can only be locked if you use some force to shut the gate tight. If not, the gate will remain unlocked.

3) The stairway route of each block is not secured by the access card. Thus, anyone can gain access into any blocks by using the stairway route even in the absence of the access card. The exit of the stairway must be secured by the access card too.

Thanks!

lifeline
27-04-13, 07:56
Hi Laomai,

It is also interesting to know why the unique blue lighting display was introduced. And when do they actually turn it on. Is there a schedule?

Thanks.

mcmlxxvi
27-04-13, 11:48
The one bedder really have it bad.
7/8 lane traffic plus 2 lane mrt.

http://cdn-sg2.pgimgs.com/images/thumb/c/7/3/6/c7361734088779_1_V550.jpg

Pikachu1245
27-04-13, 12:05
The one bedder really have it bad.
7/8 lane traffic plus 2 lane mrt.

http://cdn-sg2.pgimgs.com/images/thumb/c/7/3/6/c7361734088779_1_V550.jpg

If can sound proof the glass window / door, guess minimum impact of noise......

mcmlxxvi
27-04-13, 12:25
where air escapes so does noise come in.

on ac whole day lor.

Kanarazu
27-04-13, 12:37
where air escapes so does noise come in.

on ac whole day lor.

And change to double glazed glass.

Pikachu1245
27-04-13, 12:41
And change to double glazed glass.

The question is whether the condo resident is allowed to change to double glazed glass for new condo? Will the MC allows? I doubt so.....

Komo
27-04-13, 16:23
double glazed glass is for the scenario where after closing window or glass door still have sound. don't think it's bad at all if all windows and doors closed. believed blinds at the balcony will be good buffer already :beats-me-man: can someone measure the decibels :p

laomai
27-04-13, 17:22
Hi Spidey,

Have highlighted the first 2 points to the management and they acknowledge the issue. They will do something to address them.

On the 3rd point, am not sure which staircase you are referring to as my block staircase access is from within the lift lobby. I pointed out some staircase which have doors leading out. Management says these doors will be locked or become one way doors in the future.

If you have any particular issue, please feel free to raise it to the management office. Their email is [email protected]

Hi Laomai,

Thanks!

Komo
27-04-13, 18:11
collected my keys yesterday at the 4pm slot. according to the property mgr, about 200 pple has already collected their keys.

Keys collection are on the top floor of the MSCP - same level as the swimming pool (just follow the signboard).
They will guide you through the procedure (checklist, keys, warranty letter, layout plan....). They will also explain what are the types of blinds, grills accepted. The whole process take approx. 20min or so. After that, you can proceed to your unit to enjoy the free air-con. The property mgr will then go thru' all the checklist of the unit.

Nice and enjoyable experience! Made some measurement of the house as well. My son manage even to swim in the pool!
congrats! heard from a friend that interior quality and finishing very good :beats-me-man:

laomai
27-04-13, 19:43
Sorry, didnt see this before the meeting. Will ask the next time I see them.

Hi Laomai,

It is also interesting to know why the unique blue lighting display was introduced. And when do they actually turn it on. Is there a schedule?

Thanks.

streamium70
27-04-13, 22:07
congrats! heard from a friend that interior quality and finishing very good :beats-me-man:

quite ok in my opinion, no major touch up to be done.

streamium70
27-04-13, 22:13
originally, i wanted to install invisible grill for my son's room and the balcony. However, given the bay window design (100cm) space before you can open the window, i dont think it will be necessary. As for balcony, i try standing and the height of the railing is btw my check and stomach level (i am 1.74m) and it is about just nice to rest your hands on the rails. When my son stand next to the rail (he is about 1.4m, 10yo), It covers just below the shoulder level. Very high for him. After making the assessment, decided not to proceed with invisible grill.

Will install the roller blinds for protection against rain and sun shine. Today's afternoon rain, wasnt so bad.

streamium70
27-04-13, 22:30
any idea where to hang clothes in the kitchen area?

Spidey
27-04-13, 23:47
Hi Laomai,

Thanks for asking! It's good to be assured by the management that they are aware of the problems and will act on them. We should try to highlight any other issues pertaining to the project since it concerns all of us.

Hi Spidey,

Have highlighted the first 2 points to the management and they acknowledge the issue. They will do something to address them.

On the 3rd point, am not sure which staircase you are referring to as my block staircase access is from within the lift lobby. I pointed out some staircase which have doors leading out. Management says these doors will be locked or become one way doors in the future.

If you have any particular issue, please feel free to raise it to the management office. Their email is [email protected]

Rocketeer
28-04-13, 01:44
Hi fellow Estuarians.
Getting my key Next week. Thinking of laying timber decks on my small size balcony. Has anyone had the decking satisfactorily done ? If so, could pls pass me the contractor's contact?

My ID guy said he can recommend. But I prefer to deal with the timber guy directly.

Tks in advance. :)

laomai
28-04-13, 15:41
Estuary management has approved invisible grilles for the balcony. Invisys is the recommended company as their installation method will not damage the waterproof layer. Have arranged a group buy at the estuarians Facebook page. Or you can contact May Koo from invisys directly at 9029 8234.

Twitz
28-04-13, 17:47
Hi fellow Estuarians.
Getting my key Next week. Thinking of laying timber decks on my small size balcony. Has anyone had the decking satisfactorily done ? If so, could pls pass me the contractor's contact?

My ID guy said he can recommend. But I prefer to deal with the timber guy directly.

Tks in advance. :)

I have actually engaged a guy who does decking from processed bamboo... Supposed to be more environmentally friendly and lower maintenance in the long run. Comes with structural warranty... Price seems reasonable and starting work next week.

Will be happy to post pictures and the contact should the workmanship be good. Let you guys know shortly...

azeoprop
28-04-13, 22:43

The view that others could only dream of.... :o

:cheers4:

bakasa2002
28-04-13, 23:00

Have to say its a million dollar view!

Pikachu1245
29-04-13, 00:44

Wondering the view comes with morning or afternoon sun?

Rocketeer
29-04-13, 00:47
I have actually engaged a guy who does decking from processed bamboo... Supposed to be more environmentally friendly and lower maintenance in the long run. Comes with structural warranty... Price seems reasonable and starting work next week.

Will be happy to post pictures and the contact should the workmanship be good. Let you guys know shortly...

tks Twitz

my unit is on the top floor, balcony exposing to the rain and sunshine, so chennai wood is preferred. if your:) contractor does provide this material, and most importantly, work proves to be satisfactory and price reasonable, i will go for it.

dtrax
29-04-13, 00:56

nice.. if got this view + mrt/road noise that comes as a package, how many of you will rather not have the view in xchange for not so noisy facing?

mantrix
29-04-13, 08:17
nice.. if got this view + mrt/road noise that comes as a package, how many of you will rather not have the view in xchange for not so noisy facing?

the view only only be appreciated when there is light and your eyes are on the views. However your ears are on 24/7 so the noise is likely to be never-ending...just being a cynic here :(

streamium70
29-04-13, 09:26
the view only only be appreciated when there is light and your eyes are on the views. However your ears are on 24/7 so the noise is likely to be never-ending...just being a cynic here :(

if i am not wrong, this unit kena both the morning and afternoon sun. There are other 3 bedders that has good view as well but dont get the sun. I seen one of the 3 bedder from the 10th floor and the view is fantastic!

streamium70
29-04-13, 09:29
tks Twitz

my unit is on the top floor, balcony exposing to the rain and sunshine, so chennai wood is preferred. if your:) contractor does provide this material, and most importantly, work proves to be satisfactory and price reasonable, i will go for it.

Top floor = top view! Was wondering why they have slots in the top floor and dont cover them up? When it rains, with roller blind, the rain will still come in. Last Thursday afternoon, there was heavy rain, how's the situation?

Rocketeer
29-04-13, 10:47
Top floor = top view! Was wondering why they have slots in the top floor and dont cover them up? When it rains, with roller blind, the rain will still come in. Last Thursday afternoon, there was heavy rain, how's the situation?

Don't know yet. Have not got key. But as long as the waterproofing on the floor and drainage are good, I actually don't mind it opening up to the sky without any cover, as real balcony is supposed to be. Or see it as a roof top space, only problem is it's too small.

Btw, stepping into the unit, does anyone get the feeling that the actual space is smaller then the floor plan?

kQ
29-04-13, 11:25
Don't know yet. Have not got key. But as long as the waterproofing on the floor and drainage are good, I actually don't mind it opening up to the sky without any cover, as real balcony is supposed to be. Or see it as a roof top space, only problem is it's too small.

Btw, stepping into the unit, does anyone get the feeling that the actual space is smaller then the floor plan?

Hey Bro
We all paid survey fee before key collection so can those who collected keys confirm if you have received a floorplan with actual dimensions ?
That will confirm the actual size against plan
Appreciate if anyone with 3 bedder can send me a copy of actual dimensions
As my neck is still long waiting for the keys

streamium70
29-04-13, 12:17
Hey Bro
We all paid survey fee before key collection so can those who collected keys confirm if you have received a floorplan with actual dimensions ?

The only provide the layout (as shown in the brochure) plus other info like lighting point, drainage....but NO actual dimension. I did the measurement together with my ID. The dimension is very very similar to that shown in the brochure.

As to the question whether the house looks smaller than expected, I would say a bit of yes and no. Before entering the house, i have already the estimated dimension of the house (based on ID's input). I also use my current house as a reference to visualise how big/small (unfortunately it is smaller than my current house) the various rooms are. Mentally, I was prepared. Being a conservative guy, I am prepared for the worst but hope for the best. As it turns out, it is more or less what i expected. Note that the rooms are small (although as what i expect) and the living/dinning room are relatively bigger.

Komo
29-04-13, 12:54
till now no floorplan with actual dimension ? :mad: :doh: :simmering: :hell-hath-no-fury:

TheEstuary
29-04-13, 13:30
actually i have my floorplan, complete with all the measurement. i got it previously from the contractor on site. on of the manager help me to print the floor plan in A3 paper.

so if anyone on stack 12 wants it, i can make a copy :)

Komo
29-04-13, 20:25
Hey Bro
Also need the survey report to confirm if there is any area shortfall for rebate :D

kQ
30-04-13, 09:53

With blinds is definitely better than without blinds as it covers 90%
Of the rain, check this out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoF5x-CJlGE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Komo
30-04-13, 12:52
With blinds is definitely better than without blinds as it covers 90%
Of the rain, check this out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoF5x-CJlGE&feature=youtube_gdata_player
after sometime will become dirty and blur

mygeemeel
30-04-13, 13:05
Just a suggestion.

You may want to consider engaging some experienced consultants to check your units upon collecting keys.

There are bound to be defects which the developers had missed out or assumed acceptable. Owners have a few days to inspect and put up defects list to developer.

Do not move in / Do not start renovation until defects have been rectified by developers.

I am suggesting based on experience.

mygeemeel
30-04-13, 13:15

Whatever material used for decking is fine so long as you make sure you do one thing... have access to your planter because there will be problems (insects, pests including spiders, lizards, worms, water drainage choke, dropped coins, mosquitos).

The space needed is subjective. For me i insist on 4 slabs on each end to be removable and yet does not cause uneveness.

I am speaking from experience. Hope this helps.

mygeemeel
30-04-13, 13:30
The question is whether the condo resident is allowed to change to double glazed glass for new condo? Will the MC allows? I doubt so.....

Double glazed glass not allowed. Some even disallow window films. However i strongly recommend to proceed window films as the sun can be unbearable or sometimes you want privacy from neighbours.

The security guards would stop the window film suppliers/installers from entering into the condo for obvious reasons. So before the installers go to your place, tell them to inform (if questioned by) the security guards the window film is for inside glass only, not exterior facade.

Hope this is useful.

Don Juan
05-05-13, 08:12
Would anyone care to share what is the suitable or maximum size for refrigerator to be placed in our kitchen?

lifeline
05-05-13, 08:32
Would anyone care to share what is the suitable or maximum size for refrigerator to be placed in our kitchen?

Got to take note of space after opening the fridge door. Also the direction of opening - generally fridges open left to right; but you may need the other direction.

Dun forget to check missing soft closing mechanism of cupboards doors, and missing rod handles in kitchen cabinets (compare). And alignment of bd door when closing as well as door alignment.

These are additional often missed areas other than the usual.

Komo
05-05-13, 09:48
Is installation of full height frameless glass panels at the balcony allowed? Does not affect the facade and definitely looks better than those ugly blinds and more effective in sheltering from rain and dust :o

gosperence
05-05-13, 11:50
Is installation of full height frameless glass panels at the balcony allowed? Does not affect the facade and definitely looks better than those ugly blinds and more effective in sheltering from rain and dust :o

I wish sooooooo. Got my unit. Damn noisy from road traffic

leesg123
05-05-13, 11:55
the balcony has a sliding door right. close it la.

hyenergix
05-05-13, 12:09

Part n parcel of living in a (over-crowded) city.

Komo
05-05-13, 14:59
heard that before csc if anything need to change such as allowing frameless panel at balcony is still possible :beats-me-man:

streamium70
05-05-13, 22:13
the balcony has a sliding door right. close it la.

with the balcony sliding door closed, the noise is quite ok.

streamium70
05-05-13, 22:16

I doubt those frameless clear window will be allowed. I think it doesnt come cheap as well. I intend to put outdoor blind to block out the sun and most importantly during rain. The other day, when there was rain, it reach into about 50% of the balcony.

streamium70
05-05-13, 22:22

It depends on the space of the kitchen that you have. Do take note that the sliding door at the kitchen has a width of 78cm. If you have a freight bigger than this, you will need to remove the freight door to go thru'.

Don Juan
05-05-13, 22:41
Thank you very much

gosperence
05-05-13, 23:27
I doubt those frameless clear window will be allowed. I think it doesnt come cheap as well. I intend to put outdoor blind to block out the sun and most importantly during rain. The other day, when there was rain, it reach into about 50% of the balcony.

Me blk 93 nearest to the road. Was there this afternoon when rain only 10% splashed by water still ok. Guess it's becoz lower floor. The traffic noises disappeared when rain water sound everywhere. Peaceful.
Saw many landscape area flooded. Many newly planted trees dried out. Sad looking at the condition.

gosperence
05-05-13, 23:30

I m not quite used to it yet.

dare2
05-05-13, 23:43

....and live like a fish in an aquarium?

gosperence
06-05-13, 08:44
The washing machine space is super small for 3 bedders. I have to source for less than 60mm width one, which meant front-load not an option. Front-load save 40% more waters. Damn developer!
:mad: :simmering:

Komo
06-05-13, 09:25
common bedroom also very small. anyone tried to shift the wardrobe in order to place two single beds? seems workable :o

greenteaman
06-05-13, 10:56
common bedroom also very small. anyone tried to shift the wardrobe in order to place two single beds? seems workable :o

Is impossible to place 2 single beds at common rm.

I custom made the single bed with drawer storage for my common rm. Extended abt 1.5 ft joint from the window bay to free up more space for a small study table next to it. I will post photos for reference once available.

streamium70
06-05-13, 11:34

if the room got bay window, you can try lay the part of the bed on the bay window. alternative, can consider pull out bed or double decker. Last option is to convert to sliding wardrobe.

anyone got any price quote for converting to sliding door?

streamium70
06-05-13, 11:35
Me blk 93 nearest to the road. Was there this afternoon when rain only 10% splashed by water still ok. Guess it's becoz lower floor. The traffic noises disappeared when rain water sound everywhere. Peaceful.
Saw many landscape area flooded. Many newly planted trees dried out. Sad looking at the condition.

which floor are you at? Can see the resoviour?

Komo
06-05-13, 11:51
Is impossible to place 2 single beds at common rm.

I custom made the single bed with drawer storage for my common rm. Extended abt 1.5 ft joint from the window bay to free up more space for a small study table next to it. I will post photos for reference once available.
from the drawing, for the one at the balcony may still be possible if the wardrobe is shifted to the other side such as between door and balcony. :beats-me-man:

streamium70
06-05-13, 15:17
for those thinking of installing windows at the balcony, got a quote and the price is really really high....Mine is a 4BR and the estimated price is $15k.

Cyberknight
06-05-13, 15:22
for those thinking of installing windows at the balcony, got a quote and the price is really really high....Mine is a 4BR and the estimated price is $15k.

Can install windows at balcony meh? did u not being informed by developer that u r not ALLOWED to chg the external facade look of the condo? U better check it out.

COndo n HDB different rules.

RCR
06-05-13, 15:50
Part n parcel of living in a (over-crowded) city.

no, part n parcel of living in a road facing unit :D

Spidey
06-05-13, 16:16
Luckily for me, I'm almost immune to the noise, haha. If you're very affected by it, get thicker blinds / curtains and close the windows if need be.

Btw, I noticed the mgmt has made the fencing gap smaller at the area nearer the internal lock/unlock button at the side gate. And the stairway door of the blocks has also been locked out from the outside. Another area for improvement in terms of security should be the fencing around the signage at the road junction.

I m not quite used to it yet.

Komo
06-05-13, 19:23
Can install windows at balcony meh? did u not being informed by developer that u r not ALLOWED to chg the external facade look of the condo? U better check it out.

COndo n HDB different rules.
last time even decking and blinds not allowed. residents have to fight for it :)

Kanarazu
06-05-13, 21:08
The washing machine space is super small for 3 bedders. I have to source for less than 60mm width one, which meant front-load not an option. Front-load save 40% more waters. Damn developer!
:mad: :simmering:

What was the actual width?

gosperence
06-05-13, 22:27
What was the actual width?

About 600mm or 610mm. Found a solution to use front-load washing machine. Stack the machine up with four rubber holder high enough from the side kerb of the peripheral tiles & the water outlet pipe. Then the washing machine can go in. :D

gosperence
06-05-13, 22:29
last time even decking and blinds not allowed. residents have to fight for it :)

I will keep the planter to plant some flowers & herbs to filter dust & noises too....Blinds for 3 bedders & 4 bedders came close to $3k....expensive.

AntZZZZ
06-05-13, 22:32
We r thinking of hacking away the kitchen's toilet to make way for a dish washer. Anyone thinking of doing the same ? :confused:

gosperence
06-05-13, 22:32
:simmering: :simmering: Btw, they are supposed to use matt surface tile on the wall facing kitchen cabinets with better quality instead of current white smooth tile wall. This is different from showroom.

Cyberknight
06-05-13, 22:40
We r thinking of hacking away the kitchen's toilet to make way for a dish washer. Anyone thinking of doing the same ? :confused:

U r not allowed to hack away toilet floor for think is first 5 yrs. once hacked, waterproof layer gone, developer's warranty for floor leaking gone too. Owner be responsible.

Kanarazu
06-05-13, 23:36
About 600mm or 610mm. Found a solution to use front-load washing machine. Stack the machine up with four rubber holder high enough from the side kerb of the peripheral tiles & the water outlet pipe. Then the washing machine can go in. :D

That's a smart idea! :)

Orchid Park
07-05-13, 00:05

Is a good idea! Can I know where you can get these rubber holders?

Shanhz
07-05-13, 08:43

i was thinking of doing the same, to convert kitchen toilet into storeroom (another development). but decided not to, as it may affect resale and also, rather keep those things there and convert to storeroom as it is.

you might want to consider a work around solution instead. i'm quite sure it is possible, just how much you want to compromise.

streamium70
07-05-13, 10:56
I will keep the planter to plant some flowers & herbs to filter dust & noises too....Blinds for 3 bedders & 4 bedders came close to $3k....expensive.

For me, the outdoor blinds are mainly for sun and rain.

gosperence
07-05-13, 14:48
For me, the outdoor blinds are mainly for sun and rain.

I used Henry recommended by the developer. Cost for two bathrooms came to $490. For balcony, not going to install anything but I use the same material for the AC ledge there....the blind will roll down, i'm going to hang laundry there. When everyone out I don't afraid of rain splashing. I am 3 bedders type. Only want to roll-down as next unit can see from their balcony not nice.

Found a solution to reduce street level noise. Use velvet curtain. Cut noise by 40%. Super thick though.....and of course not cheap.
I called sound proof sliding doors expert they said will cause the sliding door thicker to about 5 inches since installation done inside. This cut noise up to 65% & 3 pieces of sliding doors in bedroom is about $3K. Velvet curtain is about $650 per bedroom (single track, no day curtain).

sgp_condo
07-05-13, 17:37
I used Henry recommended by the developer. Cost for two bathrooms came to $490. For balcony, not going to install anything but I use the same material for the AC ledge there....the blind will roll down, i'm going to hang laundry there. When everyone out I don't afraid of rain splashing. I am 3 bedders type. Only want to roll-down as next unit can see from their balcony not nice.

Found a solution to reduce street level noise. Use velvet curtain. Cut noise by 40%. Super thick though.....and of course not cheap.
I called sound proof sliding doors expert they said will cause the sliding door thicker to about 5 inches since installation done inside. This cut noise up to 65% & 3 pieces of sliding doors in bedroom is about $3K. Velvet curtain is about $650 per bedroom (single track, no day curtain).

Hi, can share the curtain contact.

gosperence
07-05-13, 17:58
Hi, can share the curtain contact.

Any curtain experts have it. Or used Henry whom did the blind for balcony.
Someone told me the car park flooded just now. Super heavy rain. Workers frantically removing waters & clean-up the mess......:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: how come so poor drainage design! or this happened once in a 50 years!

Komo
07-05-13, 18:10
Someone told me the car park flooded just now. Super heavy rain. Workers frantically removing waters & clean-up the mess......:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: how come so poor drainage design! or this happened once in a 50 years!
if wet is quite normal for ground level carpark even if it is a basement one. flooded? yet reservoir is so near :doh:

streamium70
07-05-13, 18:37

carpark flooded?? at one of the corner, it is exposed to rains, even under normal rain condition, i can already see a puddle of water formed. For heavy rain, it will be jia lat.

Another point about the carpark...notice that the entrance is a potential danger area when there is a car turning in and another car coming out. Due to the large turning radius, the space is not big enough for 2 cars. Can see the security guard standing there to direct traffic.

ecimbew
07-05-13, 21:07
Hope you guys are alright. Remember that even after you have handed your keys to contractor, you must remember to check on them. They may leave your doors open during lunch break etc. the police alert sign at the entrance is a warning to them and also you. Please take care of your belongings.

ecimbew
07-05-13, 21:09
if wet is quite normal for ground level carpark even if it is a basement one. flooded? yet reservoir is so near :doh:

Most of Khatib was reclaimed from swampy land. But flooding is happening everywhere in Singapore and you never can pin point the exact area nowadays.

gosperence
07-05-13, 22:49
Hope you guys are alright. Remember that even after you have handed your keys to contractor, you must remember to check on them. They may leave your doors open during lunch break etc. the police alert sign at the entrance is a warning to them and also you. Please take care of your belongings.

Yes I saw the alert sign, the polices & complainers took place around 2pm this afternoon. So unsafe?:doh:

streamium70
08-05-13, 09:39
Yes I saw the alert sign, the polices & complainers took place around 2pm this afternoon. So unsafe?:doh:

what happen?

TheEstuary
08-05-13, 10:42
carpark flooded?? at one of the corner, it is exposed to rains, even under normal rain condition, i can already see a puddle of water formed. For heavy rain, it will be jia lat.

Another point about the carpark...notice that the entrance is a potential danger area when there is a car turning in and another car coming out. Due to the large turning radius, the space is not big enough for 2 cars. Can see the security guard standing there to direct traffic.
i didnt notice about the carpark flooded.

but, just after TOP and collected my keys, i found the lift lobby (B1 level) block 89 was flooded due to the heavy rain.

quite shocked to see this, and i have reported to the officer who was around doing the checking at that time.

i hope they can do something on this

Komo
08-05-13, 13:15
when is the next feedback or update session? to be held every two weeks? lots of issues!:doh:

lifeline
08-05-13, 19:24
can someone please feedback re the entrance design...
the car barrier at the entrance should be set before the footpath and not after it. with the present design, unless the security remains vigilant, anyone can walk in via that footpath before the barrier.
also at the end of the footpath, there is no proper path to enter into the condo except to squeeze behind the barrier, and walk on the pebbles.

streamium70
09-05-13, 11:55
the car barrier at the entrance should be set before the footpath and not after it. with the present design, unless the security remains vigilant, anyone can walk in via that footpath before the barrier.
also at the end of the footpath, there is no proper path to enter into the condo except to squeeze behind the barrier, and walk on the pebbles.

relating to the walkway, there should also be one leading to the right side as well. currently it is a grass patch only. For those walking to the MSCP, there is no walkway either. They usually walk on the driveway leading to the MSCP.

Komo
09-05-13, 13:00
MA should start a weekly feedback and update session. my curent condo does that. :)

streamium70
09-05-13, 14:30

relating to the walkway, there should also be one leading to the right side as well. currently it is a grass patch only. For those walking to the MSCP, there is no walkway either. They usually walk on the driveway leading to the MSCP.

fluffyboy
09-05-13, 14:36
Has anyone obtained any quotation for curtains + blinds yet?

I was quoted $3k for my 3bedder.

Night curtains with tracks for all 3 bedroom (no day curtain)
Roller blinds for 2 bathrooms & balcony.

Is this quote reasonable compared to others?

gosperence
09-05-13, 15:58
Has anyone obtained any quotation for curtains + blinds yet?

I was quoted $3k for my 3bedder.

Night curtains with tracks for all 3 bedroom (no day curtain)
Roller blinds for 2 bathrooms & balcony.

Is this quote reasonable compared to others?

Who you used? I'm 3 bedders too, 1302psf.
I paid $490 for 2 bathrooms blind. I do one blind for the AC area to hang my laundries (since the 4 bedders' balcony too close - not nice). That piece alone is $650.

Curtain not decided yet, it also depending on your material selection. Thinking of doing just night curtains same as u, but thicker material to reduce street level traffic noises.

streamium70
09-05-13, 17:17
I paid $490 for 2 bathrooms blind. I do one blind for the AC area to hang my laundries (since the 4 bedders' balcony too close - not nice). That piece alone is $650.

Curtain not decided yet, it also depending on your material selection. Thinking of doing just night curtains same as u, but thicker material to reduce street level traffic noises.

I have received 3 quotes so far with a big variation among them depending on the type of material used. My is a 4 bedder:

Day and Night curtain all for 4 rooms:
Bedroom 1 (bay window): $389, $400, $450
Bedroom 2 (bay window): $389, $450, $520
Bedroom 3 (balcony): $489, $390, $520
MBR: $564, $485, $570
Living Room (day curtain only): $200, $355, $380
MBR tiolet: $485, $624, $860
Outdoor blind at balcony: $4000, $4800

streamium70
09-05-13, 17:19
any install the door grille already?

Kanarazu
09-05-13, 21:10
any install the door grille already?

Must door grille follow standard design too?

kQ
10-05-13, 17:07
I have received 3 quotes so far with a big variation among them depending on the type of material used. My is a 4 bedder:

Mine a 3bedder 1302sqft

9.3m long balcony - New Sunglasses transparent PVC blind $2500
Using tinted UV protected transparent blinds that don't block the view
The top and bottom small part is the grey material approved material
-PVC material also reduces noise with noise absorption properties
As promised, I will show pics once put up in 2 weeks time

2 toilet + I bedroom roller blinds - $700

:)

uzone
10-05-13, 19:54
I really want the reflective window film for my bathroom windows...:banghead: can fight for it?:banghead: :banghead:

fluffyboy
10-05-13, 21:35

I got the quote from a JB shop smart curtains. Recommended by a fren. Suppose to be slightly cheaper than SG but wanna do a sanity check before committing.

fluffyboy
10-05-13, 21:39
Mine a 3bedder 1302sqft

9.3m long balcony - New Sunglasses transparent PVC blind $2500
Using tinted UV protected transparent blinds that don't block the view
The top and bottom small part is the grey material approved material
-PVC material also reduces noise with noise absorption properties
As promised, I will show pics once put up in 2 weeks time

2 toilet + I bedroom roller blinds - $700

:)

Can use transparent blind? Management told me not approved. So I don't dare use.

phantom_opera
10-05-13, 22:08
very impressive gain, 13.4% pa within 3y

2013-04-30 #XX-XX 1,302 1,113 2010-03-19 751 $471,324 1,138d 13.4%

phantom_opera
10-05-13, 23:16
balcony + planter will help to block west sun

http://cdn-sg2.pgimgs.com/images/thumb/4/4/1/9/4419ce34448725_1_V550.jpg

busy traffic junction + mrt track

http://cdn-sg2.pgimgs.com/images/thumb/c/f/c/0/cfc0ee34862136_1_V550.jpg

no 800k no talk :scared-3:

Komo
11-05-13, 07:56
very impressive gain, 13.4% pa within 3y

2013-04-30 #XX-XX 1,302 1,113 2010-03-19 751 $471,324 1,138d 13.4%
at 751 psf... seems low floor too :beats-me-man:

lifeline
11-05-13, 08:44
at 751 psf... seems low floor too :beats-me-man:

It's midfloor 6 to 10. Actually right in the middle.

gosperence
12-05-13, 00:16
It's midfloor 6 to 10. Actually right in the middle.

Super noisy one as sound travel up to these levels.

uzone
12-05-13, 15:58
Super noisy one as sound travel up to these levels.

Also the west sun really really hot like hell:doh: . I going to talk to MA to allow us install darker window film ...who support me....??

streamium70
12-05-13, 17:01
Also the west sun really really hot like hell:doh: . I going to talk to MA to allow us install darker window film ...who support me....??

i support! 2 of my bedroom at the back is facing at an angle from afternoon sun. Have you gotten any quote for the window film? So far, 2 companies quoted. Solar Shield claims 99% IR/UV rejection rate with heat rejection of about 7--80%. abt $12psf. $1300 in total. for about 93% IR rejection, $1000. Sun Master, quoted about $800. 65% IR rejection, 60% heat rejection.

gosperence
12-05-13, 21:53
The Estuary sign light is not turned on at night on the main entrance. Only the side one facing Yishun Ave 2.

Rocketeer
13-05-13, 01:24
The barrier bars at the main entrance are pure white. Sooner or later it will be hit by a car!:doh:

uzone
13-05-13, 20:53
i support! 2 of my bedroom at the back is facing at an angle from afternoon sun. Have you gotten any quote for the window film? So far, 2 companies quoted. Solar Shield claims 99% IR/UV rejection rate with heat rejection of about 7--80%. abt $12psf. $1300 in total. for about 93% IR rejection, $1000. Sun Master, quoted about $800. 65% IR rejection, 60% heat rejection.

I called Jestac for 3M night vision window film. The price is $7 psf, they have three range: NV-35 (heat rejection 61%, glare reduce 60%, uv 99%), NV-25 and NV-15. NV-15 is the darkest which reject heat 83% and also reflective mirror-like surface, i think we cannot use this one according the MA. But I will try to talk to MA to allow this in bathroom window. I think I would go with NV-15 for bedroom and NV-25 for living room..

Btw I also get quotation from those companies you mention. But after compare , I decide go with 3M one

streamium70
14-05-13, 12:24
I called Jestac for 3M night vision window film. The price is $7 psf, they have three range: NV-35 (heat rejection 61%, glare reduce 60%, uv 99%), NV-25 and NV-15. NV-15 is the darkest which reject heat 83% and also reflective mirror-like surface, i think we cannot use this one according the MA. But I will try to talk to MA to allow this in bathroom window. I think I would go with NV-15 for bedroom and NV-25 for living room..

Btw I also get quotation from those companies you mention. But after compare , I decide go with 3M one

how many rooms are you doing? total damage?

gosperence
14-05-13, 17:44
:doh: I'm changing my sliding door glass with double gaze, used back same color glass n reused the old frame. Cannot 'tahan' the noise. Total damage $5.8k for 10 sliding doors pieces.

gosperence
14-05-13, 17:47

Mine is night curtain for 3 rooms + day curtain for living = $1.3k

Komo
16-05-13, 20:25
Mine have almost 30 defects and haven't finished checking.... bad luck??? .... :simmering: :banghead: :hell-hath-no-fury:

Alovy
17-05-13, 05:32
Mine have almost 30 defects and haven't finished checking.... bad luck??? .... :simmering: :banghead: :hell-hath-no-fury:

I have more than 30 defects. Mostly cracks for the doors and frames but they were rectified within 1 week.

Komo
17-05-13, 07:02
I have more than 30 defects. Mostly cracks for the doors and frames but they were rectified within 1 week.
yup the doors really cmi. mine have scratched and chipped tiles somemore:simmering: :simmering:

Alovy
17-05-13, 08:19
yup the doors really cmi. mine have scratched and chipped tiles somemore:simmering: :simmering:

The developer consultants were quite good. They spotted a few defects which I missed when we did the joint inspection.

I was there when they did the doors and frame so have asked then to redo some of those. Not recommended to replace the tiles as it will affect the alignment unless it is really that bad. I got the number of the contractor so liaised with him directly to follow up on the status.

streamium70
17-05-13, 09:47

Mine was also rectified in about 1wk.

streamium70
17-05-13, 09:51
:doh: I'm changing my sliding door glass with double gaze, used back same color glass n reused the old frame. Cannot 'tahan' the noise. Total damage $5.8k for 10 sliding doors pieces.

you mean the noise is still not 'tahan-able' with the sliding door closed? after closing my sliding door, i am quite ok. But i dont think i will keeping them fully closed to allow better air flow. My current house is also near the road, after a while, when you get use to the road noise, you 'no-longer' hear it....

azeoprop
17-05-13, 13:11
Passed by just now around noon, saw a fire engine truck parked at the main gate...:scared-5:

Komo
17-05-13, 13:28
Passed by just now around noon, saw a fire engine truck parked at the main gate...:scared-5:
heard fire incident at a low floor of blk facing tennis count. if got gas would have been worse:beats-me-man:
don't trust electrical installation full proof. better be fully covered by insurance and be aware of fire hazard. :mad:

kQ
17-05-13, 13:44
heard fire incident at a low floor of blk facing tennis count. if got gas would have been worse:beats-me-man:
don't trust electrical installation full proof. better be fully covered by insurance and be aware of fire hazard. :mad:

Live reporting at Estuary, fire broke out at level 2 ,
Blk 91 , fire putout already , contractors are not allowed in
Till clearance
Many contractors stuck outside the gate

Pity the owner,brand new , the fire started in the kitchen
Cause not known yet

streamium70
17-05-13, 13:53
Live reporting at Estuary, fire broke out at level 2 ,
Blk 91 , fire putout already , contractors are not allowed in
Till clearance
Many contractors stuck outside the gate

Pity the owner,brand new , the fire started in the kitchen
Cause not known yet

keep us posted

kQ
17-05-13, 17:02
keep us posted
All ok now, back to normal

Alovy
17-05-13, 18:14
All ok now, back to normal

Am at Estuary now. The unit is badly burnt. Heard there was an overload of power points. Not sure if this is true. The poor young couple had their things moved in already.

azeoprop
17-05-13, 18:22
Am at Estuary now. The unit is badly burnt. Heard there was an overload of power points. Not sure if this is true. The poor young couple had their things moved in already.

Oh dear.... :(

shareidiot
17-05-13, 18:32
What is the extend of the damage? @_@

Alovy
17-05-13, 20:06
What is the extend of the damage? @_@

Master bedroom, living room and kitchen totally burnt. The kitchen window was smashed. 2 other common rooms are safe and I think they closed the doors. No one was at the unit when the fire started so dont know what started the fire. It was quite bad.

Komo
17-05-13, 20:29
Master bedroom, living room and kitchen totally burnt. The kitchen window was smashed. 2 other common rooms are safe and I think they closed the doors. No one was at the unit when the fire started so dont know what started the fire. It was quite bad.
so easily spread to other rooms? because dry wall partition? :beats-me-man: