PDA

View Full Version : Clementiwoods (D5, 99 years leasehold, Frasers Centrepoint)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

cheerful
11-05-10, 11:15
Hi all, let me share what I saw. I managed to sneak in once by the rubbish dump gate (no SO there). The wardrobe is matt wood finish consistent with the doors and trimmings. I do agree the design is a bit dated but still it is matches the rest of the unit. What I like though is that all the wardrobes are sliding door and not waste space like most condos where only master BR is sliding, the rest casement type.

On top of the wardrobe however is false ceiling, likely reason is to hide the air con piping.

What I was surprised to find was that CW uses soft closing throughout the unit, even the wardrobe drawer is soft closing (like blue motion like that).

Oh wow .. isn't soft-closing supposed to be good? Oh so got false ceiling lah .. phewww ... should be standard lah i.e. to hide air-con piping :)

when you mentioned design being dated .. is it becoz of handlers, etc. ??

stalingrad
11-05-10, 11:29
Personally like the floor-to-ceiling wardrobes better due to the extra storage space it provides on the top.

Honestly, the wardrobes in Clementiwoods are really ugly and lack of storage space. :( Got to be creative about creating the storage space while doing the ID.

OR….will just try to get rid of more stuff before moving in. :beats-me-man:

That is the spirit. rip everything out and install everything all over again, with better brands.

calvenng
11-05-10, 11:29
if ppty prices continue to rise, later u can say u nvr sell...still keeping all ppty...

if later ppty prices drop, u can say oredi warned u guys to sell....

u r just a piece of crap.

My frd I m sori that I anger or "mislead" u with my crap posting.

Everyone has a reason in saying n doing certain things. No one is rite or wrong.

I have no anger/frustration when you call me a piece of crap. You must have your reason.

Belief in what you belief n take what others say with a pinch of salt.

cher
11-05-10, 16:21
Thought you already sold your unit at CW? :beats-me-man:

No lah he never sold lah, once he heard about the future development plan for West Coast area, he held back lah! Like real, don't know which is which:doh:

loonymaloney
11-05-10, 16:51
No lah he never sold lah, once he heard about the future development plan for West Coast area, he held back lah! Like real, don't know which is which:doh:

take the comments with a BARREL of salt and that would work just fine :D

matrix11
11-05-10, 20:04
dated is just my personal opinion. m/bedroom wardrobe for your own conclusion.1568

devilplate
11-05-10, 21:36
dated is just my personal opinion. m/bedroom wardrobe for your own conclusion.1568

anything wrong wif the wardrobe??

lol

sleek
11-05-10, 21:43
Probably the "in" design when the condo was launched. Just that since its nearer TOP 3 years later, it no longer looks "in" lor. :D

anything wrong wif the wardrobe??

lol

focus
11-05-10, 22:41
Probably the "in" design when the condo was launched. Just that since its nearer TOP 3 years later, it no longer looks "in" lor. :D

What's the latest "in" design for wardrobes?

orangeroad80
11-05-10, 23:00

My question: How did you manage to get in and take a photo of your wardrobe ??

jlrx
11-05-10, 23:30

Looks quite OK to me. :scared-5:

At least it's better than the wardrobes that come with most of the properties I buy, which look something like these ...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/matty_1080/DSC01963.jpg

http://images01.olxsg.com/ui/2/15/86/36990986_1.jpg

Property_Owner
11-05-10, 23:33
Looks quite OK to me. :scared-5:

At least it's better than the wardrobes that come with most of the properties I buy, which look something like this ...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/matty_1080/DSC01963.jpg

omg, tat look like a coffin more then wardrobes....:doh:

jlrx
11-05-10, 23:52
omg, tat look like a coffin more then wardrobes....:doh:

:scared-4:

No wonder I frequently sense a presence. :scared-3:

matrix11
12-05-10, 08:07
My question: How did you manage to get in and take a photo of your wardrobe ??

Wear like a worker and carry a measuring tape :D

stalingrad
12-05-10, 08:56
lol, glad I am not an owner. laughed so hard I rolled on the floor.

devilplate
12-05-10, 09:31
lol, glad I am not an owner. laughed so hard I rolled on the floor.

u laughing at tat wardrobe???:confused:

i was actually laughing at the 'coffin' one. :D

stalingrad
12-05-10, 10:48
Yes, I was laughing at the picture of CW. First of all, there is a concrete block on top of the wardrobe. Why is it there? Is it there to conceal the aircon piping? How come other condos don't have that kind of concrete blocks. It is ugly to say the least.
Second, just look at the wardrobes. :doh:
I would rip it off to install new one.

devilplate
12-05-10, 10:55
Yes, I was laughing at the picture of CW. First of all, there is a concrete block on top of the wardrobe. Why is it there? Is it there to conceal the aircon piping? How come other condos don't have that kind of concrete blocks. It is ugly to say the least.

c'mon...my hse aso got tat 'concrete block' leh...

if u visit any recently launched mass market condo showflat...its very common la.

to me, it looks alright....but tat coffin one: i cannot accept...haha

calvenng
12-05-10, 11:30

They are not concrete block but pieces of plywood painted in white to close the 2 feet gap with ceiling. Actually can convert them into storage space but will cost $$$$$$ to rip them out n install new one.:mad:
Thats why I think this developer or the contrator is so cheapskate or running a loss in this CW project that they need to implement such drastic cost saving measures.:simmering:

kumkeet
12-05-10, 13:47
Has anyone received their keys yet? I thought of asking them to give me the keys earlier but read someone's post that they're still tidying up some blocks...

icer_sun
12-05-10, 13:56
Called the developer yesterday, no TOP letter has been released yet. And confirm that all the keys will be released by batch no later than 27th May.

Has anyone received their keys yet? I thought of asking them to give me the keys earlier but read someone's post that they're still tidying up some blocks...

stalingrad
12-05-10, 16:13
They are not concrete block but pieces of plywood painted in white to close the 2 feet gap with ceiling. Actually can convert them into storage space but will cost $$$$$$ to rip them out n install new one.:mad:
Thats why I think this developer or the contrator is so cheapskate or running a loss in this CW project that they need to implement such drastic cost saving measures.:simmering:

I think the developer is cheapskate, not the contractor. the contractor just builds the brick and mortar. the developer must have spent days and nights looking for the cheapest wardrobes on the market. You can tell that the wardrobes are not custom made by this condo.

kumkeet
12-05-10, 17:28
Called the developer yesterday, no TOP letter has been released yet. And confirm that all the keys will be released by batch no later than 27th May.

oh, that's good. I called last week they said they were giving out to my block around first week of June.

12-05-10, 18:33
c'mon...my hse aso got tat 'concrete block' leh...

if u visit any recently launched mass market condo showflat...its very common la.

to me, it looks alright....but tat coffin one: i cannot accept...haha

Looks ok to me too. but cannot accept the 'coffin' wardrobe.

Congrats to all Clementiwoods owners for the TOP coming soon! :cheers1:

orangeroad80
13-05-10, 00:36

Hmm... Keys no later than 27th May, but today is already 13 May, they have not even issue out any letter, how to meet 27th May. :banghead:

I thought there would be a lag of 3-4 weeks between receiving letter and receiving keys due to the settlement of property tax and 6 mths of maintenance fee. Pls correct me if I am wrong. Thx.

calvenng
13-05-10, 10:49
Sneak in again this morning. Already TOP how come still more than 50 workers spreading across Blk 78 , 80 n 82. And all the units there looks dirty, incomplete n not ready for occupation:simmering:
However the aquatic ponds look quite nice now with lotus flowers, pebbles n fountains. Can even spot some orange carps swimming happily in it.;)
Owners with those ponds attached to their patio will be glad as they can rare n keep many animals(exotic fresh water fishes, turtles,tortise, swan, goose, ducks, frogs, butterflies etc) in their ponds:D .
Too bad the grumpy china supervisor saw me again and have to run for my life as he threaten to call the police:scared-3:
Looks like even if developer is efficient earliest owners can get the keys is Mid June:banghead:

stalingrad
13-05-10, 11:03
Sneak in again this morning. Already TOP how come still more than 50 workers spreading across Blk 78 , 80 n 82. And all the units there looks dirty, incomplete n not ready for occupation:simmering:
However the aquatic ponds look quite nice now with lotus flowers, pebbles n fountains. Can even spot some orange carps swimming happily in it.;)
Owners with those ponds attached to their patio will be glad as they can rare n keep many animals(exotic fresh water fishes, turtles,tortise, swan, goose, ducks, frogs, butterflies etc) in their ponds:D .
Too bad the grumpy china supervisor saw me again and have to run for my life as he threaten to call the police:scared-3:
Looks like even if developer is efficient earliest owners can get the keys is Mid June:banghead:

remember that when carabelled TOPPed, the japanese koi were jut tiny babies. Now they are giant fish. One year has passed.

sleek
13-05-10, 11:04
Yup, you're probably right! ;)

devilplate
13-05-10, 11:07
and den he tok bad abt the condo to lure sellers...:eek:

apparently doesnt work :D

sleek
13-05-10, 11:08
Yup, and you're right too! ;)

and den he tok bad abt the condo to lure sellers...:eek:

apparently doesnt work :D

calvenng
13-05-10, 11:38
Yup, and you're right too! ;)

I m just telling the truth, this condo 's interior is still shit n some owners with high expectations are going to faint when they see their units. :scared-1:
I bot at $500+ psf so I don't care.:spliff:

icer_sun
13-05-10, 11:40
Maybe I misunderstood, the TOP letter will be released latest by 27th May.

Hmm... Keys no later than 27th May, but today is already 13 May, they have not even issue out any letter, how to meet 27th May. :banghead:

I thought there would be a lag of 3-4 weeks between receiving letter and receiving keys due to the settlement of property tax and 6 mths of maintenance fee. Pls correct me if I am wrong. Thx.

stalingrad
13-05-10, 11:51
I m just telling the truth, this condo 's interior is still shit n some owners with high expectations are going to faint when they see their units. :scared-1:

they will not faint again. they fainted when they saw the shitty wooden box sitting on top of the wardrobe and the wardrobe itself.

I guess they might faint again if the living room is paved with really shitty tiles. I guess it would to too much to ask for the floor to be marble.

amk
13-05-10, 11:51

curious, did you, or did you not, sell your unit (or units) in this development ?

calvenng
13-05-10, 14:20
curious, did you, or did you not, sell your unit (or units) in this development ?

I bot 2 from developer at average $550 psf with DPS in 2007 n sold one in 2010 at $950 psf. So now I m long one at B/E of $150 psf:D
Belief me with a pinch of salt;)

devilplate
13-05-10, 16:35
I bot 2 from developer at average $550 psf with DPS in 2007 n sold one in 2010 at $950 psf. So now I m long one at B/E of $150 psf:D

980psf become 950psf...

kumkeet
13-05-10, 16:57
Developer says the letters will reach our lawyers at end of May. Then we can call to make appointments to take keys. They are still doing improvement works at certain units. After making payments, 6month advance maintenance fees etc. then can take keys.

cher
13-05-10, 20:21

You are full of shit! Thats all everyone knows, haha.:doh:

etbj
14-05-10, 00:51
Developer says the letters will reach our lawyers at end of May. Then we can call to make appointments to take keys. They are still doing improvement works at certain units. After making payments, 6month advance maintenance fees etc. then can take keys.

Did you ask how much is the maint. fees?
I know that it was estimated to be around $280.... not too sure if this still stand. I really doubt so.:(

Reporter
14-05-10, 09:37
980psf become 950psf...Transaction was done in USD. Due to forex changes, figure in SGD may fluctuate.

Depending on the audience, the story may fluctuate too.

devilplate
14-05-10, 09:52
calvenng is the biggest clown here :D

gn108
14-05-10, 10:18
I'm looking to buy and stay in D5.
Can anyone help me to comment on these places that I have seen so far?

1) Fragrance Court (old 10 yrs)
2) Flynn Park (older 20+ yrs)
3) Pepys Hill Condo (old 20+ yrs) or
4) Westpoint Condo

I like Flynn Park. Good layout and near enough to the MRT station yet quiet. Also is there any en bloc potential for this place?

Thanks

kumkeet
14-05-10, 10:28
Did you ask how much is the maint. fees?
I know that it was estimated to be around $280.... not too sure if this still stand. I really doubt so.:(

They said $45 per ownership point or something.. but depends which floor, how big your unit, etc.

devilplate
14-05-10, 10:29

4) Westpoint Condo

I like Flynn Park. Good layout and near enough to the MRT station yet quiet. Also is there any en bloc potential for this place?

Thanks

flynn park gd choice,...FH right....just dun spend too much on reno...later enbloc u dun make much...lol

calvenng
14-05-10, 13:12
Wear like a worker and carry a measuring tape :D

Strait Times Sat 15 May : two clowns(matrix11 n calvenng) were caught this week wandering around Clementiwoods taking pictures and disguising as construction worker:o . They cud be charge with trespassing of Pte Property n trying to deceive the security guard.:scared-1:
2 other clown (KumKeet n Tropical) cud be charge with bugging n disturbing the security guard n developer's admin officer for 6 consecutive months ;)

devilplate
14-05-10, 13:33
Strait Times Sat 15 May : two clowns(matrix11 n calvenng) were caught this week wandering around Clementiwoods taking pictures and disguising as construction worker:o . They cud be charge with trespassing of Pte Property n trying to deceive the security guard.:scared-1:
2 other clown (KumKeet n Tropical) cud be charge with bugging n disturbing the security guard n developer's admin officer for 6 consecutive months ;)

gd job there...its funny..

keep up the gd work :cheers1:

lancelot
14-05-10, 13:41

4) Westpoint Condo

Thanks

Flynn Park would be the best of the lot but also the most expensive in absolute term. The units are > 2,000 sqft. Latest and only transaction in the last 3 years is $1.85 million. Not many sellers below $2 million. Apart from enbloc potential, another plus point is that new MRT station is just across the road.

Lucas
15-05-10, 12:18
This morning, I saw a huge whiteboard being delivered to the function room...looks like it is for administering the key distribution.:)

Lanmx
15-05-10, 18:09
Hi, some info to share with fellow CW owners :) ,

I went to my unit with my ID for renovation measurements (before key collection). While I was there, I took a close look at the "wardrobe" that was so hot in this thread. To be frank, i am not a big fan of the design but i could see the build quality is quite ok.

I asked my id about the ply board on top of the wardrobe and mentioned that the developer is so "cheapo" to shortchange us that bit of the extension on the top. She refuted my claim and told me that normally for sliding doors cabinets, there is a limit to how high the door can go as most board materials stops at maximum of 240cm. Immediately, she took out her measuring ruler and measured the height of the wardrobe door, true enough, its about 230+ cm. She then further mentioned that the interior of the wardrobe was laminated instead of the normal white pvc sheet. Laminates are usually more expensive than the pvc material.

I examined the kitchen cabinets and the cabinets below the dry kitchen table top as well. I realized that all the hinges are from "BLUM". The drawers in the kitchen and wardrobes were soft close type but I am not sure if BLUM drawer tracks were used.

The sanitary wares were normal though, no branded stuff.

I am still quite ok with the overall finishing though my id and I spotted quite a few minor defects excluding the common bathroom. Btw my common bathroom was in major overhaul (maybe too many defects??) one worker was still breaking some tiles in the bathroom while we were there, hope they can finish it soon).

kumkeet
15-05-10, 20:51
How did you and your ID walk all the way into your unit?

orangeroad80
15-05-10, 21:14
yeah i also very interested to know how can I go in with my ID contractor, before getting keys

calvenng
15-05-10, 21:22
Hi, some info to share with fellow CW owners :) ,

I went to my unit with my ID for renovation measurements (before key collection). While I was there, I took a close look at the "wardrobe" that was so hot in this thread. To be frank, i am not a big fan of the design but i could see the build quality is quite ok.

I asked my id about the ply board on top of the wardrobe and mentioned that the developer is so "cheapo" to shortchange us that bit of the extension on the top. She refuted my claim and told me that normally for sliding doors cabinets, there is a limit to how high the door can go as most board materials stops at maximum of 240cm. Immediately, she took out her measuring ruler and measured the height of the wardrobe door, true enough, its about 230+ cm. She then further mentioned that the interior of the wardrobe was laminated instead of the normal white pvc sheet. Laminates are usually more expensive than the pvc material.

).

I m very envious n jealous:( The security guard can even allow you to bring a 'she' inside your unit to have a good time;)

etbj
17-05-10, 20:11
yeah i also very interested to know how can I go in with my ID contractor, before getting keys

yes, you can. You need to make an arrangement or appointment with the developer. She (developer) will drop a note with the security guard with your name and unit number. Of course, date and time.

Lanmx
17-05-10, 21:45
sorry for the late reply, etbj is right, you just need to call the developer to arrange. You can view your unit(s) legitimately but take note that the workers are still repairing defects in the units and the place is super dusty.

etbj
19-05-10, 02:36
Apparently it might be difficult to arrange an appointment to look at unit because developer has sent out 1 batch of letters to lawyers for those block 90 and 88. Soon, you will receive notice from your lawyer. So, they would rather let you wait a little longer than arrange these "preview" appointment.

orangeroad80
20-05-10, 00:46
Don't mind, if anyone have more pictures to share on the condo (flickr), please upload ur link, thks.

*waiting for letter*

calvenng
20-05-10, 06:40
sorry for the late reply, etbj is right, you just need to call the developer to arrange. You can view your unit(s) legitimately but take note that the workers are still repairing defects in the units and the place is super dusty.

Is the "ugly" wardrobe almost the same as in the showflat developer showed buyers during their launched? If not I will ask my lawyer to demand that they replaced them to the one they promise to deliver.

gohsoonk
20-05-10, 09:14
I am wondering if buyers have any recourse. Typically, no T&Cs in the sales agreement about wardrobe. Just general description

Is the "ugly" wardrobe almost the same as in the showflat developer showed buyers during their launched? If not I will ask my lawyer to demand that they replaced them to the one they promise to deliver.

Tropical Fish
20-05-10, 09:24
Don't mind, if anyone have more pictures to share on the condo (flickr), please upload ur link, thks.

*waiting for letter*
Got the letter and paid the fees at lawyer office yesterday :cheers6:

Will collect the key sometimes next week...:cheers6:

:D:D:D

calvenng
20-05-10, 10:54
Got the letter and paid the fees at lawyer office yesterday :cheers6:

Will collect the key sometimes next week...:cheers6:

:D:D:D Glad to hear that, so how much is the maintenance per month for 2 n 3 bedroom units?

Tropical Fish
20-05-10, 17:35
Glad to hear that, so how much is the maintenance per month for 2 n 3 bedroom units?

Monthly maintenance charges are at the rate of $45 per share value.

kumkeet
24-05-10, 17:32
Has anyone collected keys already?

spn25
25-05-10, 01:39
yes with horrible defect lists

Has anyone collected keys already?

proud owner
25-05-10, 01:44

like how ?

calvenng
25-05-10, 07:44

Glad you did not faint or suffer heart attack;)
Expect at least 239 (including myself:banghead: ) out of 240 owners will be thinking of
committing murder:hell-hath-no-fury: when they see all the shabby finishing in their units:simmering:
There are cracks in every parts of every units. Most doors , windows, drawers etc cannot open or close properly:beats-me-man:
Check carefully and make sure they rectify within one month or else:hell-hath-no-fury:

gohsoonk
25-05-10, 10:02
Strange. I thought FCH is a quality developer.

Would like to hear more feedback before I avoid developments from this developer.

Glad you did not faint or suffer heart attack;)
Expect at least 239 (including myself:banghead: ) out of 240 owners will be thinking of
committing murder:hell-hath-no-fury: when they see all the shabby finishing in their units:simmering:
There are cracks in every parts of every units. Most doors , windows, drawers etc cannot open or close properly:beats-me-man:
Check carefully and make sure they rectify within one month or else:hell-hath-no-fury:

spn25
25-05-10, 18:54
all the owners of CW should consider of taking legal actions against FCH of their poor inspection, irresponsibilities in handling over the defective units to the owners. I cannot imagine this can happen to FCH...

Even HDB can produce a much much better job than them.

I told the FCH developer I refuse to accept my unit, the unit is completely unacceptable.... It is not even qualified to call the project as a condominium...I believe all the inspectors of FCH should have accepted a lot of bribary from the china contractors..otherwise, they are all blind or were drunk when they performed the inspections and hand-over. All these pple should be punished or jailed...For sure, they have received certain amount of money from the contractors in order to sign off the TOP!!!!! I worked in this construction industry b4 and I can ascertain this...This country is not that clean as its claimed...curruptions happened here and there among developers, contractors and sub sub contractors....

The quality of all the in-build cabinets are too poor even the cheapo Ikea cabinets are better then them many many folds.....I'm planning to take legal action an asking for whatsoever compensation from the FCH.

Strange. I thought FCH is a quality developer.

Would like to hear more feedback before I avoid developments from this developer.

devilplate
25-05-10, 19:48
all the owners of CW should consider of taking legal actions against FCH of their poor inspection, irresponsibilities in handling over the defective units to the owners. I cannot imagine this can happen to FCH...

I told the FCH developer I refuse to accept my unit, the unit is completely unacceptable.... It is not even qualified to call the project as a condominium...I believe all the inspectors of FCH should have accepted a lot of bribary from the china contractors..otherwise, they are all blind or were drunk when they performed the inspections and hand-over. All these pple should be punished or jailed...For sure, they have received certain amount of money from the contractors in order to sign off the TOP!!!!! I worked in this construction industry b4 and I can ascertain this...This country is not that clean as its claimed...curruptions happened here and there among developers, contractors and sub sub contractors....

The quality of all the in-build cabinets are too poor even the cheapo Ikea cabinets are better then them many many folds.....I'm planning to take legal action an asking for whatsoever compensation from the FCH.

gd luck.............

calvenng
25-05-10, 20:52
1022 psf for clementi woods? It is worth only $550 psf as what the developer think it is worth when they launched.Thats why they hired the cheapest contractor n give the cheapest interior n finishes.You will have the biggest regret in your life.:tsk-tsk:

These are the defects I have spotted :
1) The flooring throughout the units are not flat . If you pour water you can find those spots which were flooded.
2) Most windows/doors cannot be close or open properly.The screeching sound for some doors is so loud that those living in Blue Horizon also can hear.
3) Most toilet bowls has so much shit n urine in it that they almost overflow. Don't forget the color of the water in the ponds.
4) Power points, TV n Tel points are not fix properly that cracks can be seen all around.
5) All the things that areto be fix in the bathroom are not done professionally that cracks n stain can be seen at the edge or on the wall.
6) The floor n wall of the yard is best not to be seen.
7) Check the ceilings n walls too. They are not flat or in a straightline.
8) Wrought iron railings of patio n balcony, has so much scratches n poorly done as if they are just taken from those burnt iron junkyards during Moa Tse Tung 's cultural era.This stingy developer can't afford to use glass panel.
9) Ward robes so poorly fix that they cud collapse if you shout at them.
The list could go on that I can write a 1000 pg books on all the defects.
10) The edge of the bay windows/skirtings seem to have waves n not straight. Think they forget to bring a ruler when installing them.

Other factors - The recreational/lap pool is just built for 4 units on the ground floor. Wonder how the rest can use the pools when there is no place for them to put their towels or clothes?:scared-2:

Hope Spn 's unit's defects are not worse than those above:doh:
Check with your lawyer and see what he say? If your lawyer say can sue and win then let me know. I want to hire him too;)

Komo
25-05-10, 21:07
Looks like another project which shows how goooooood FCH is.:doh:

gohsoonk
25-05-10, 21:24
Legally, they are obliged to make good defects (1 year from TOP).

For quality perspective, I am not sure though.

orangeroad80
25-05-10, 23:41
I read from the below article that the CEO of FCH and another relative of a director of FCH each bought a unit at clementiwoods.

http://lushhomemedia.com/2007/01/20/fn-ceo-buys-clementiwoods-condo-unit/

I thought the quality should be gd especially when the CEO bought it, or maybe his unit is with the least defects.....

Btw, for those who went in already, are there any pool side beds around the main pool for tanning and putting towels , I didn't see when I pass by outside...

spn25
25-05-10, 23:52
I 'm just wondering how CW can obtain the TOP?

Anyone here can advice how the developer can issue the TOP without a proper inspection being carried out! I NEED A SATISFACTORY XPLAINATION !!! Dun tell me that there is no double checking by our normally busy-body governement agency?

Is there any government linked organisation that can help safeguard property buyer's right besides the powerless CASE that will always refer whatever cases they cannot handle to small claim tribunals? Sorry for being rude! Just cannot believe this.....

I still think that we all should act together and fight for our right against this developer....pity those who bought their unit at high price...

The balcony tiles and the kitchen tiles are like shits and not even at all....i told the developer to drill and lay new tiles....u think they can do it?

:hell-hath-no-fury: :banghead: :simmering:

Legally, they are obliged to make good defects (1 year from TOP).

For quality perspective, I am not sure though.

devilplate
25-05-10, 23:59

Anyone here can advice how the developer can issue the TOP without a proper inspection being carried out! I NEED A SATISFACTORY XPLAINATION !!! Dun tell me that there is no double checking by our normally busy-body governement agency?

Is there any government linked organisation that can help safeguard property buyer's right besides the powerless CASE that will always refer whatever cases they cannot handle to small claim tribunals? Sorry for being rude! Just cannot believe this.....

I still think that we all should act together and fight for our right against this developer....pity those who bought their unit at high price...

The balcony tiles and the kitchen tiles are like shits and not even at all....i told the developer to drill and lay new tiles....u think they can do it?

i remember the first time when i collect my keys, i aso complain like hell and my defect list was like 2 full pages...after few more subsequent rounds of key collection...however i dun feel so hard up oredi...sure got defects one...all depends whether the contractors r helpful anot...i ever quarrel wif contractors also...took more den 3mths to finish my defects...:simmering:

anyway really interesting...oredi TOP? mabe i shd make a trip down to view some actual units and give u guys my unbias update on CW...stay tuned...:)

spn25
26-05-10, 00:08
I have a unit at Domain 21, when i got the key there was almost with zero defects....but that was 3 years back.....

I noticed all new projects TOP lately are with very bad quality, my friends at ONE NORTH having similar problem.. and the contractor said that they are building the porject based on the government EC standard...

some units at One Jervois are facing pipe choking problem....

Are we supposed to suffer of all these irresponsible F**king developers?

i remember the first time when i collect my keys, i aso complain like hell and my defect list was like 2 full pages...after few more subsequent rounds of key collection...however i dun feel so hard up oredi...sure got defects one...all depends whether the contractors r helpful anot...i ever quarrel wif contractors also...took more den 3mths to finish my defects...:simmering:

anyway really interesting...oredi TOP? mabe i shd make a trip down to view some actual units and give u guys my unbias update on CW...stay tuned...:)

orangeroad80
26-05-10, 00:11

OMG... if that is the case, then i think we should really act together...

After looking at your reply, i am more eager to get the keys, really want to see how bad it is :(

proud owner
26-05-10, 00:15
OMG... if that is the case, then i think we should really act together...

After looking at your reply, i am more eager to get the keys, really want to see how bad it is :(

those defects that you can see ...can be fixed

those that you cant see .. like half choked pipes, toilet bowl etc those really freak me .. cos they can haunt you later ..

so get a pail ..collect water and test all the drainage .. make sure they FLOW towards the outlet and not collect water and dont flow .. then you have gradient problem

after that make sure the water flow out fast .. if they take longer than usual ..you have reason to suspect the pipes are not clear ..

my friend ever encountered .. they pour paint into the pipe ..over time ..dried up and the pipe is already half covered ..

devilplate
26-05-10, 00:16
is it bcoz buyers entitled with the 1yr fects warranty and tats y sure got defects? its really time consuming, nid to lias wif the workers...check again...submit 2nd rd of defects and so on.

hmmm, mabe tats y many decide to sell it off b4 TOP and leave the trouble to the next buyer.

spn25
26-05-10, 00:24
the only solution is to pruchase house insurance :doh:

is it bcoz buyers entitled with the 1yr fects warranty and tats y sure got defects? its really time consuming, nid to lias wif the workers...check again...submit 2nd rd of defects and so on.

hmmm, mabe tats y many decide to sell it off b4 TOP and leave the trouble to the next buyer.

etbj
26-05-10, 04:56
Toilet bowl choke.... do you what.... the workers used our toilet and often don't really flush......:simmering:

I even saw one of the units (weeks before TOP) window were cracked.......

my unit cabinet warp and cannot be closed......

you see, they were trying to rush and release the project to FCH, but all these wretched job by them were really unacceptable......

BCA usually has a set of standard for contractor... you can take a look...
http://www.bca.gov.sg/qm/quality.html
Not too sure if this is revelant......

spn25
26-05-10, 09:34
thanks, great information!

Toilet bowl choke.... do you what.... the workers used our toilet and often don't really flush......:simmering:

I even saw one of the units (weeks before TOP) window were cracked.......

my unit cabinet warp and cannot be closed......

you see, they were trying to rush and release the project to FCH, but all these wretched job by them were really unacceptable......

BCA usually has a set of standard for contractor... you can take a look...
http://www.bca.gov.sg/qm/quality.html
Not too sure if this is revelant......

amk
26-05-10, 12:50

For the purpose of TOP, it does not really concern about quality and workmanship. TOP is more for safety, structural, mechanical, ACMV services, sewage services etc.

For workmanship, it's strictly a private matter between the owner and the developer.

In reality, it's now between you and the maincons/subcons. You can try hold developer responsible, but .... well you need gd negotiation skills (and some knowledge). For example, anyhow retiling will damage the waterproofing, but you won't know, and it will haunt you much later.

that's why I always say buyers are really at the mercy of the maincon/subcons.

plan
26-05-10, 13:03
The workmanship looks quite alright from these pictures wat...
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/1266906/for-sale-clementiwoods-condo

sleek
26-05-10, 14:03
How come no pictures of the defects? :beats-me-man:

The workmanship looks quite alright from these pictures wat...
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/1266906/for-sale-clementiwoods-condo

devilplate
26-05-10, 14:27
best is to view actual units ourselves rather den speculate

better if sm1 can post some pics of major defects

Wild Falcon
26-05-10, 15:45
Actually there is no "perfect" unit one lah. From what I see, some people are more "fussy" than others. I have this girl friend who is like super perfectionist, so her defects list is usually like 5 pages long - If I view the same unit, I may have zero defects list! But I must say the "older" developments are of much better quality - nowadays showflat very nice but actual units usually CMI. My friend came to my development and told me she was so impressed with my solid timber strips flooring - hers which is an upmarket development actually use laminate (laminate = fake stickers to look like wood) that start popping everywhere and toilet bowl actually backflush :( One Amber also a lot of problems with build quality..... So Clementiwoods is not alone with poor finishings.

Lucas
26-05-10, 19:22
Is the monthly maintenance fee for studio unit at $270 per month?

icer_sun
26-05-10, 20:15
My 2bd is $270 per month, so studio should be lower.

Is the monthly maintenance fee for studio unit at $270 per month?

cheerful
27-05-10, 09:13
the only solution is to pruchase house insurance :doh:

Hmm .. hse insurance is solution?

Anyway, am shocked to read fr this thread tt FCH std like tt one :eek:

yesh shld make noise mann ... like tt TOP also can, then bca now still talking abt raising productivity .. chey, wasting time to rectify defects mah .. really no common sense!!

kumkeet
27-05-10, 10:29
My 2bd is $270 per month, so studio should be lower.

Mine 2BR 1,055 sq ft monthly $360 was told

rainy
27-05-10, 10:35
Mine 2BR 1,055 sq ft monthly $360 was told

:scared-1: that's pretty high .....

Lucas
27-05-10, 10:46
:scared-1: that's pretty high .....

in summary, maintenace fee for:
Studio (560sqft)- $270
2 bedroom (1055 sqft) -$360

wow then how much the 3 rooms and penthouse will be paying then? Anyone can advice? If by comparing with vp which is much bigger, it may hit highest records for the maintenance fee in d5?

Tropical Fish
27-05-10, 11:02
Studio (560sqft)- $270

wow then how much the 3 rooms and penthouse will be paying then? Anyone can advice? If by comparing with vp which is much bigger, it may hit highest records for the maintenance fee in d5?

My 4 bedrooms unit - $360

icer_sun
27-05-10, 11:50
It is weird. how come Mine 2bd (1001) is $270, while the 2bd (1055) is $360?

Studio (560sqft)- $270

devilplate
27-05-10, 12:10
It is weird. how come Mine 2bd (1001) is $270, while the 2bd (1055) is $360?
den studio 270 ??:confused:

Lucas
27-05-10, 12:34
den studio 270 ??:confused:

wah then it is expensive for the studio owners @ $270 per month. The bigger 3 br unit in varsity park is also @$270 and varsity park has much larger land space n two swimming pools.

hcmo
27-05-10, 13:27
wah then it is expensive for the studio owners @ $270 per month. The bigger 3 br unit in varsity park is also @$270 and varsity park has much larger land space n two swimming pools.

CW: $45 per share, 3 br/1389 sqf = 7 shares, $305 per month.

kumkeet
27-05-10, 16:07
My 1,055 sqft unit is first floor with patio and pond in front of the house. Unless they charge for pond... dunno lah... anyway it was quoted over the phone, not in black and white as i haven't collected keys yet

calvenng
27-05-10, 16:15
My 1,055 sqft unit is first floor with patio and pond in front of the house. Unless they charge for pond... dunno lah... anyway it was quoted over the phone, not in black and white as i haven't collected keys yet

Check your S&P agreement under Annex B Clause 8.3 which indicate your share value. If 6 will be (6x$45) x 7% Gst = $288.90 per month.
From what I know all 2 bedrooms Grd Flr to 4th flr share value 6, All 3 bedrooms 1st to 4th flr share value 7.
The difficult one is how much is our property tax and how to get them to bill us owner concession rate when our unit is vacant?:doh:

Lucas
27-05-10, 18:54
Check your S&P agreement under Annex B Clause 8.3 which indicate your share value. If 6 will be (6x$45) x 7% Gst = $288.90 per month.
From what I know all 2 bedrooms Grd Flr to 4th flr share value 6, All 3 bedrooms 1st to 4th flr share value 7.
The difficult one is how much is our property tax and how to get them to bill us owner concession rate when our unit is vacant?:doh:

studio also share value 6 meh?

plan
27-05-10, 19:44
Yup, usually studios, 1BR and 2BR are grouped under the same share value category.

studio also share value 6 meh?

Tropical Fish
28-05-10, 01:15
best is to view actual units ourselves rather den speculate

Agree! :)

Got the key and checked the defects roughly right after got the key. Found some defects but not as bad as someone said earlier. I’m pretty happy the overall look and will do a thoroughly check with my ID in the next few days during the daytime.

Tropical Fish
28-05-10, 01:25
However, the only thing I don’t like and worries me is the water quality in the ponds. :(
The color of the water is green and it looks really dirty overall; some are really disgusting especially those between No.80 and No.78. :scared-3:
Good luck to those owners who have ponds in front of their units.

orangeroad80
28-05-10, 02:50
However, the only thing I don’t like and worries me is the water quality in the ponds. :(
The color of the water is green and it looks really dirty overall; some are really disgusting especially those between No.80 and No.78. :scared-3:
Good luck to those owners who have ponds in front of their units.

Ya totally agree, they should do something about the ponds. I wonder what kind of aquatic animals will survive in that kind of water...I saw so many workers still working there, what are they doing everyday ? Slacking ?

Can this be escalated to the developer ?

I went in to have a look, the most stupid thing I find that the walking path from main entrance/function hall to block 78 is one big perimeter round the whole condo, either that the short cut is to walk through basement carpark, what a joke. And one have to walk one big round from function hall to gym, which is just opposite each other, unless one swims over. I thought from the brochure, there would be some walking paths cut across each blocks, so that one no need to walk one big round, but there are none.
Did the developer give a good thought to the layout design ?!:banghead:

calvenng
28-05-10, 08:30
Ponds dirty no big deal as can be clean n water replace easily.
Need to walk big round in condo also small matter as land area quite small n residents can exercise.

However if I m in the Mgt committee I will definitely propose these :
1) Convert all iron railings in patio n balconies into steel railings with glass panel like those in the Parc.
2) Repaint those walls which were painted in the unsightly light brown( architect got no color sense) to either white or cover them with timber backing or natural stones.

Each owner might need to come out one or 2 thousands $ but the changes could boost the value of your unit by at least 10 times of the cost.:D

Tropical Fish
28-05-10, 10:04
1) Convert all iron railings in patio n balconies into steel railings with glass panel like those in the Parc.
2) Repaint those walls which were painted in the unsightly light brown( architect got no color sense) to either white or cover them with timber backing or natural stones.

Each owner might need to come out one or 2 thousands $ but the changes could boost the value of your unit by at least 10 times of the cost.:D
:scared-5:

No, thank you. :tsk-tsk:

icer_sun
28-05-10, 11:03
Sorry, I do not like your proposal.

1) The current iron railing will make the living room breezy, and it will be easier for you to plant a lot of greens in the balcony than the glass one, just check out the VP balconys.
2) The current color of CW is in fact "earth" color, and the glass of window will reflect a bit "green color, so I think both colors are in harmony with nature and indicates a balance with the CW park.

Need to walk big round in condo also small matter as land area quite small n residents can exercise.

Lucas
28-05-10, 13:16

hey don't think it is good idea. Glass panels will not be suitable for Clementiwoods. It suit The Parc because it has more modern design. Clememtiwoods is like VP, more tropical type N owners can plant creepers which can go round the railings.

kumkeet
28-05-10, 14:33
I doubt if a proper managing agent or landscape maintenance company has been appointed. Surely once there is proper and regular maintenance the plants and ponds will look much better. Even if the ponds make nice nice now, after everyone move in and start doing reno, espcially like laying wooden decks etc on patios, the ponds will be dirty again. As for the layout, it's actually good that they dun allow short cuts through the blocks so less people walk in front of your house.

Lrrp
28-05-10, 21:19
Got the TOP letter from lawyer last Friday. Went down to lawyer office on Monday to submit cashier orders required. However lawyer clerk told me bank will only issue the cashier order of the progressive payment on Thur, ie yesterday. Called FCH and earliest collection date still next week.

Does it take that long for bank to issue? I see that some have gotten the keys, did you receive the letter much earlier than me? Thanks.

orangeroad80
29-05-10, 14:58
Hi, just want to ask, for those who have collected keys, did the developer noted down your car plate number or give u a decal or something like that ?

Still waiting to collect my keys, I was allowed to go in during one of the nights, but too dark for me to see anything in there. I bring my wife this time and drive there again during the day, the security guard stopped me, even I have the TOP letter. I was pissed off by the security guard when I see a property agent inside walking yet he stopped a to-be resident.

He told me the developer recorded down a list of car plate nos and he will allow those to go in, did the security gurard smoke me ? I don't remember that when I was allowed to go in during night time. Double standards ...

Tropical Fish
29-05-10, 18:02
Hi, just want to ask, for those who have collected keys, did the developer noted down your car plate number or give u a decal or something like that ?

Still waiting to collect my keys, I was allowed to go in during one of the nights, but too dark for me to see anything in there. I bring my wife this time and drive there again during the day, the security guard stopped me, even I have the TOP letter. I was pissed off by the security guard when I see a property agent inside walking yet he stopped a to-be resident.

He told me the developer recorded down a list of car plate nos and he will allow those to go in, did the security gurard smoke me ? I don't remember that when I was allowed to go in during night time. Double standards ...

You were lucky to be able to go in the other day. ;)

The security guard was right. They only allow those people who are coming to collect keys in. Owners need to make an appointment with developer to collect keys, and the developer will give a list of unit numbers to the security guard everyday to let them know who are coming that day.

On our key collecting day, the moment when we arrived at the security guard house, the security guard looked at a note on his hand and just said our unit number right away, even before we could say anything. They actually were expecting our arrival.

zinmaw
30-05-10, 12:20
We're going to collect the keys next week. In our current condo, developers provide free electricity and water for one week after TOP. How about in CW?

kumkeet
30-05-10, 14:26
I have not collected my keys but was finally allowed to go in. Even went in my unit to see. Don't ask me how I did it...
The lap pool looks quite ok. Definitely spacious enough for the residents in that block.
The ponds between Blk 78 and 80, one of them pump spoil I think. That's why it looks murky. But the workers are still doing some things to the ponds. Will be nice after all the aquatic plants fully grow. In fact, one might say there will be OTT plants after everything grows and thrives.
The private spas on first floor are meant for 4 pax. Quite big, and come with canvas cover.
For those who want to lay timber decking on your patio, take note that the existing square of timber provided by developer will cause uneven height if you lay your own deck on the tile areas.
The layout of the blocks is such that you can't walk through the blocks to adjoining areas, and I think this is a fantastic layout, cos nobody will walk through the walkways unless you are a resident of that block...

calvenng
30-05-10, 15:50
What is OTT plants?:confused:
Those with spa on the ground floor should ask the developer/condo mgt how to protect their privacy as those staying in the floors above can see the spa from their balcony clearly. Would awning or timber blind be allow around the spa area?
Also block 86/88, 90/82 and 78/80 are too close to each other. Would developer allow those who want to have privacy to install dark window film?

DC33_2008
30-05-10, 18:07
Got the TOP letter from lawyer last Friday. Went down to lawyer office on Monday to submit cashier orders required. However lawyer clerk told me bank will only issue the cashier order of the progressive payment on Thur, ie yesterday. Called FCH and earliest collection date still next week.

Does it take that long for bank to issue? I see that some have gotten the keys, did you receive the letter much earlier than me? Thanks.

It will take the bank to disburse the fund 4-5 days after the lawyer's instruction. Some banks take 5 days. It will be faster if you pay a fee.

Tropical Fish
30-05-10, 18:12
What is OTT plants?:confused:
Also block 86/88, 90/82 and 78/80 are too close to each other. Would developer allow those who want to have privacy to install dark window film?

I don't think block 86/88, 90/82 and 78/80 are too close to each other at all. It's very spacious and I really don't like the idea of installing dark window film, which will destroy the overall look in the condo.

I went to my unit everyday since collecting the keys on last Thursday. I just love the overall feeling of the condo, nice and good-looking design.

Tropical Fish
30-05-10, 18:17
We're going to collect the keys next week. In our current condo, developers provide free electricity and water for one week after TOP. How about in CW?

The developer will only provide you one day of electricity (no water) on the day of collecting keys. After you get the keys in the function room, someone will lead you to your unit and go through a list and make sure the air-cons are working. After that day, it's your own responsibility to apply for electricity/water/gas. :)

zinmaw
30-05-10, 20:59
The developer will only provide you one day of electricity (no water) on the day of collecting keys. After you get the keys in the function room, someone will lead you to your unit and go through a list and make sure the air-cons are working. After that day, it's your own responsibility to apply for electricity/water/gas. :)
Thanks for the info. Is only one day the usual practice in the condos? It seems that our current developer FEO is more generous than FCL in this case.

cheerful
31-05-10, 14:07

Do you mean electricity provided for that one day to test the applicances? Lights how to test wor ..

Tropical Fish
31-05-10, 17:45
Do you mean electricity provided for that one day to test the applicances? Lights how to test wor ..

Of course you can't test lights yet lah, but you can test other appliances like oven or microwave if you want to. I didn't test any appliances that day. In fact, the developer turned the air-cons on before we went in the unit. So, when we toured the unit, it felt really nice. :)

kumkeet
31-05-10, 18:44
Ya, the overall feel of the condo is very nice. What I meant by OTT plants is, one might say there are TOO Many plants around.

For the spa units, you will realise every spa is blocked at the front by a row of plants. The wooden slab patio roofs add a little bit of privacy but upstairs definitely can look down and see one lah. It's like if you're in the pool, those pool view units sure can see you one mah.. no choice.

I don't think the blocks are near to each other. On the ground floor, Block 80 is smothered by plants along the walkway. And the ponds force people not to walk so near your unit.

etbj
01-06-10, 14:04
I went in couple of times. Definitely feel good in condo.
I think those plants at those aquatic ponds are pretty alright.... just that someone has to maintain it.....

I realized that those residents that have to use lobby 80B and 82B will have to walk a big round in order to reach BBQ pits.... especially blk80B

There are 2 BBQ pits.... at each side (above the tennis court)

The BBQ pits is operate by gas.... if you happen to open up the cover and have a look at it....

novel
01-06-10, 14:41
anybody got pictures of this condo? Eager to see how nice it seems to be :)

calvenng
01-06-10, 22:49
[quote=plan]Go to
www.propertyguru.com/sg/listing/1297141/for-sale-clementiwoods-condo (http://www.propertyguru.com/sg/listing/1297141/for-sale-clementiwoods-condo)[/url] there are some latest pictures from some listings.

etbj
02-06-10, 15:53
Does anyone know if CW has an official website? Like residents website?

Tropical Fish
02-06-10, 21:43
anybody got pictures of this condo? Eager to see how nice it seems to be :)

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/1298246/clementiwoods-condo

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/1294078/clementiwoods-condo

:)

Komo
02-06-10, 21:57
Yes, the surrounding has a lot of green:D and blue:rolleyes: ....giving a very nice relaxing feel. The large balcony is also very nice in such a surrounding setting. Great to have a mahjong game there!

novel
03-06-10, 15:46
[quote=plan]Go to
www.propertyguru.com/sg/listing/1297141/for-sale-clementiwoods-condo (http://www.propertyguru.com/sg/listing/1297141/for-sale-clementiwoods-condo)[/url] there are some latest pictures from some listings.

hi, your link dun work :beats-me-man:

sleek
03-06-10, 15:49
Probably that listing has been removed from the site. :rolleyes:

hi, your link dun work :beats-me-man:

novel
03-06-10, 15:50
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/1298246/clementiwoods-condo

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/1294078/clementiwoods-condo

from the pictures it is not bad and the interior furnishings look nice too I thot it would be lousy based on some comments/feedback here. :D

one qns, 50m lap meaning the pool as long as 50m "LONG" but width can be narrow or wide isit? I see afew upcoming projects all mentioned 50m lap but narrow / curvy width. :confused:

kumkeet
05-06-10, 09:16
Anyone has given the defects list to the developer already? How long does the main con take to rectify?

sleek
05-06-10, 11:31
And how about some pics too? :scared-5:

Anyone has given the defects list to the developer already? How long does the main con take to rectify?

kumkeet
05-06-10, 15:25
My unit doesn't have any yard area to hang clothes in. Unless I use the patio. Looks like have to invest in a dryer. I wonder if the bigger units have any yard areas?

Tropical Fish
05-06-10, 16:03
My unit doesn't have any yard area to hang clothes in. Unless I use the patio. Looks like have to invest in a dryer. I wonder if the bigger units have any yard areas?

Not really. I am getting a dryer for sure. :)

Komo
06-06-10, 11:08
Anyone know a good dryer? My electrolux takes about 4 hours to dry the clothes. Don't know how much electricity wasted. :(

Tropical Fish
06-06-10, 11:24
Anyone know a good dryer? My electrolux takes about 4 hours to dry the clothes. Don't know how much electricity wasted. :(
I'll recommend "Fisher & Paykel" dryer. I've used the Manual Dryer for 6 years. Recently bought the Autosensing Dryer for our new home in CW. :cheers1:

spn25
07-06-10, 09:10
I have bought an extra dinette set of Mondi (with stainless steel chairs) and would like to forgo with a reasonable offer.

I will be moving to Clementiwoods in next two weeks, thus I will deliver the dinning set to your unit using my engaged mover.

Anyone keen, please reply to me privately.

Thank you.

http://www.mondilifestyle.com.sg/mondi.html

[quote=Tropical Fish]I'll recommend "Fisher & Paykel" dryer. I've used the Manual Dryer for 6 years. Recently bought the Autosensing Dryer for our new home in CW. :cheers1:[/quote

proud owner
07-06-10, 09:37

my colleague use Singpaore Gas dryer ..said very fast and much cheaper

check with contractor ..if CW has SP gas ..then no problem

kumkeet
07-06-10, 10:01
But dryer will damage the clothes, no?

proud owner
07-06-10, 10:04
But dryer will damage the clothes, no?

will shrink clothes ... king bedsheet will become queen hehehe
over time lah not on one use lah

actually in countrieswith winter than good

spore so hot no need dryer
but becos now no back yard all no choice hv to use dryer

calvenng
07-06-10, 10:22
It cost close to $2000 to invest in a good dryer cum washer:(

Looks like instead of beautiful plants we are likely to see lingeries, panties, undies, bedsheets, pillow case, briefs, socks, bra etc in CW 's balconies n patios:o

matrix11
07-06-10, 10:47
Anybody who already collected keys can share how long it took for your defects to be rectified? Thks.

stalingrad
07-06-10, 13:46
will shrink clothes ... king bedsheet will become queen hehehe
over time lah not on one use lah

actually in countrieswith winter than good

spore so hot no need dryer
but becos now no back yard all no choice hv to use dryer

Yes, in canada, washers and dryers are installed in condos as part of a standard package. No one dries their laundry on the balcony or yard. but sun drying is still the most environmentally friendly, and makes your clothes more comfortable to wear.

kumkeet
07-06-10, 17:47
I thought most condos would have an aircon ledge with built in extendible metal structures for hanging clothes in obscure areas where no one can see (no sunlight also of course). But I didn't see any of that in CW.

urban
07-06-10, 17:57
Yes, in canada, washers and dryers are installed in condos as part of a standard package. No one dries their laundry on the balcony or yard. but sun drying is still the most environmentally friendly, and makes your clothes more comfortable to wear.

Actually my experience tells me that clothes dried using dryer is softer and easier to iron.

Those that has been sun for the whole day becomes super hard and dry.

But, I have not ironed for a long time liao.

blackpepperj
07-06-10, 18:13
Yes, although the smell would be different. Nothing beats a good ol tan under the sun.

Tropical Fish
08-06-10, 11:57
Found this kind of "Air Dryer".

http://www.goodhill.com/app/xpede.php

It seems a good idea for the yard in CW. Has anyone used this before? Appreciate any feedback on this.

etbj
08-06-10, 14:54
Actually my experience tells me that clothes dried using dryer is softer and easier to iron.

Those that has been sun for the whole day becomes super hard and dry.

But, I have not ironed for a long time liao.

Yes. Its pretty easy to iron. In fact, I don't usually iron for those t-shirts. I don't see much distinctive crease and those wrinkle lines......:tsk-tsk:

I always dry my clothes in the dryer while I'm in US and I find it absolutely easy....:D

I will definitely get LG washer (Direct Drive Drum) and Fisher & Paykel Dryer or City Gas...;)

kumkeet
08-06-10, 15:41
Looking at the size of the area allocated for the washing macine, I would say definitely have to get a side load washer and stack the dryer on top of it.

This place has quite a few solutions.
http://www.ezziliving.com/slide.htm (http://www.ezziliving.com/slide.htm)

kumkeet
08-06-10, 17:22
My unit has 2 aircons next to each other on the living room frontal wall. As my ID is designing a feature wall on that surface, would the developer allow/ bear the cost of relocation of the aircon units while keeping the warranty intact? If my ID relocates, would the warranty be void, or should I care less about the warranty?

FCP so far gave me ambiguous answers, asked me to look for the technical manager on site.

devilplate
08-06-10, 17:25
i always prefer to sun my clothings...it just feel and smell different.:D

ironing chore can leave it to ah soh mah.

Douk
08-06-10, 20:18
i always prefer to sun my clothings...it just feel and smell different.:D

ironing chore can leave it to ah soh mah.

your wifey? :D :D joking :D

devilplate
08-06-10, 20:20
ah soh==mariam:simmering: :tongue3:

Douk
08-06-10, 20:23
ah soh==mariam:simmering: :tongue3:

joking.. :D sori.

cher
08-06-10, 20:27
Yes. Its pretty easy to iron. In fact, I don't usually iron for those t-shirts. I don't see much distinctive crease and those wrinkle lines......:tsk-tsk:

I always dry my clothes in the dryer while I'm in US and I find it absolutely easy....:D

I will definitely get LG washer (Direct Drive Drum) and Fisher & Paykel Dryer or City Gas...;)

I am thinking of getting Bosch washing machine and dryer, anyone got any comments?:(

calvenng
08-06-10, 22:30
I am thinking of getting Bosch washing machine and dryer, anyone got any comments?:(

Bosch WM cum dryer cost $1870. The Xpede Electric clothes dryer cost $950.
Think use hair dryer better.:D

Tropical Fish
08-06-10, 23:11
The Xpede Electric clothes dryer cost $950.
Think use hair dryer better.:D

Might I know where did you get the price for the Xpede air dryer? From the distributor? or from a dealer?

jonleelk
09-06-10, 00:01
If dry frequently, not recommended to use a washer cum dryer 2-in-1. Get a separate standalone dryer as it uses different drying technology. Will save $$$ in the long term.

Tropical Fish
09-06-10, 10:04
Just for your information...

Fisher and Paykel Dryer $400~$500
Fisher and Paykel Washer $700~$900

cher
09-06-10, 20:22
Just out of curosity has any owner who has collected the key and has done the fengshui for this place. What is the general comments on the exterior? Any recommendations of fengshui master, thanks.:)

calvenng
11-06-10, 17:51
Just out of curosity has any owner who has collected the key and has done the fengshui for this place. What is the general comments on the exterior? Any recommendations of fengshui master, thanks.:)

Very simple if your unit can allow a lot of "feng" blowing in as well as a lot of "shui" surrounding it, that guarantee good fengshui:D
If there is no "feng" n "shui" because of blocking or other reasons then god bless you;)

cher
11-06-10, 20:41
Very simple if your unit can allow a lot of "feng" blowing in as well as a lot of "shui" surrounding it, that guarantee good fengshui:D
If there is no "feng" n "shui" because of blocking or other reasons then god bless you;)

So simple ahh!! If so simple no need al geomancer can close shop liao. You talk like as if we are idiots!!!:2cents:

JXCHIA
12-06-10, 00:38
http://forum1.geomancy.net/phpforum/article.php?bid=2&fid=43&mid=25563&new=

kumkeet
13-06-10, 01:34
Finally collected the key and went in to inspect defects with my ID. Not very good, the overall finishings. Parquet is patchy all over and definitely needs to sand down and varnish. Same for the timber in the patio and ard the spa. All chipped up, stains, look like it's 10 year old wood. Windows all stained and glass scratched. Window locks mostly not working. Even sliding door cannot lock. Quite disappointed with the overall shoddy work even tho the materials used are quite alright.

MA has lots of work to revive the plants that haven't been looked after and do up the ponds properly.

Oh, and the car park hump is a killer for low cars.

Good points: overall environment is very serene. Layout of rooms are squarish and very spacious. Conditions of painting and walls are better than other condos I've seen. Floor tiles are big pieces even tho gaps are also big. Cabinet tops have fake panels that cover to ceiling so won't accumulate dust. Lots of TV points in every room. Spa pools are HUGE! Confirm can fit 4 ppl.

calvenng
13-06-10, 08:29
Spa pools are HUGE! Confirm can fit 4 ppl.

Did you check whether the spa is working or not? Is there a heater n can the water temp be control such as it won't roast you?:rolleyes: Would it pose a danger like the one in Goldenhill condo that kill a German expat?:doh:

kEN9170
13-06-10, 09:59
Another option is to consider City Gas Clothes Dryer over electric dryer.
http://www.citygas.com.sg/gasdryer/index.htm

kumkeet
13-06-10, 23:05
Did you check whether the spa is working or not? Is there a heater n can the water temp be control such as it won't roast you?:rolleyes: Would it pose a danger like the one in Goldenhill condo that kill a German expat?:doh:
From the controls should be able to adjust temp. Haven't test cos no water yet

etbj
15-06-10, 14:48
From the controls should be able to adjust temp. Haven't test cos no water yet

You should be able to test with water, right. If not, how would you know if there's choke to your water pipe.
Put pressure on them to get it check.......;)

etbj
15-06-10, 17:10
Just for your information...

Fisher and Paykel Dryer $400~$500
Fisher and Paykel Washer $700~$900

The Dryer range from $400~$500... where do you get this lobang? ;)

Mega Store? Or maybe your own store huh:D

calvenng
15-06-10, 18:14
[quote=kumkeet]Same for the timber in the patio and ard the spa. All chipped up, stains, look like it's 10 year old wood. Windows all stained and glass scratched. Window locks mostly not working. (quote]

The chengal wood for the patio n around the spa really look like shit. The china contractor must have source for the cheapest or free ones, probably digging up unwanted woods of old coffins in choa chu kang cemeteries:scared-1:
Ask your lawyer to demand that they replace all the coffin woods with brand new chengal wood within one month. If not you will ask your own contractor to replace them n deduct the amount from the last progressive payment;)

kumkeet
15-06-10, 23:57
Haven't tested the spa yet. Any first floor owner tried already? I don't even know where to turn on the water supply haha

etbj
16-06-10, 02:01
If dry frequently, not recommended to use a washer cum dryer 2-in-1. Get a separate standalone dryer as it uses different drying technology. Will save $$$ in the long term.

That's what I think as well.
Can you imagine if you have 2-in-1, the dryer not working but the washer is running good......:(

kumkeet
16-06-10, 09:34
The washing machine point is quite small, unless stack a dryer on top. And I'm doing another cabinet above the washing machine, with an extended kitchen table top. So I guess must buy a 2-in-1 liao.

JXCHIA
19-06-10, 01:25
Studio (560sqft)- $270

mine 2.5 bedroom (1076 sqft), I only paid $270

kumkeet
21-06-10, 22:22
Yup. Mine 2BR also paying $270. Developer previously quoted me wrongly. Has anyone tried the spa yet? Anyone complained to the management about the high hump on the top of the car park ramp? I punctured my exhaust after a few knocks. Now have to send for repair.

sfwoo
22-06-10, 11:44
I drove past this condo this morning, heading west, at 8.30am.

Traffic jammed up from Clementi Rd junction all the way past Clementi woods, to the church.

I wonder if this is going to be a daily occurence.

Clementiwoods' residents better quickly ask LTA for a yellow box in front of their development. Otherwise, very difficult to exit heading east.

proud owner
22-06-10, 11:47
I drove past this condo this morning, heading west, at 8.30am.

Traffic jammed up from Clementi Rd junction all the way past Clementi woods, to the church.

I wonder if this is going to be a daily occurence.

Clementiwoods' residents better quickly ask LTA for a yellow box in front of their development. Otherwise, very difficult to exit heading east.

thats one of my biggest concern the last time ...

in this aspect, Varsity Park and Stellar are much better

sfwoo
22-06-10, 11:49

Yeah.
Varsity Park got escape route straight onto Clementi Rd.
Stellar just next to junction. Even jammed, still only a short distance to get stuck.

novel
22-06-10, 13:47

not really, yesterday night around 650pm I was driving past the narrow lanes (both way) were badly jammed too. So it depends on which way you are coming from you will reach which development first...

novel
22-06-10, 13:49
Yup. Mine 2BR also paying $270. Developer previously quoted me wrongly. Has anyone tried the spa yet? Anyone complained to the management about the high hump on the top of the car park ramp? I punctured my exhaust after a few knocks. Now have to send for repair.

Anybody can explain why the maintenance fee is so high?

proud owner
22-06-10, 13:50
not really, yesterday night around 650pm I was driving past the narrow lanes (both way) were badly jammed too. So it depends on which way you are coming from you will reach which development first...

talking about jam ... no where can beat Dunearn road ...

all keeping to the left lane .. turning into school ..

they can occupay the bus lane and strangely traffic police never there to book them

i even see bus ..forced to stop on lane 2 to allow passengers to alight

sfwoo
22-06-10, 14:37
they can occupay the bus lane and strangely traffic police never there to book them

i even see bus ..forced to stop on lane 2 to allow passengers to alight
These are elite schools.
Mere mortals do not have this luxury of blocking the buslane without being booked.

proud owner
22-06-10, 14:41
These are elite schools.
Mere mortals do not have this luxury of blocking the buslane without being booked.

i remember many years back , every morning i was stucked at the turn from Steven rd to Dunearn road where the chinese high girls school ( ? ) was .... i was so fed up ...i called class 95 FM ..when i was stucked in the traffic ... and i was put on air ...

i voiced out loud .. criticising the traffic police for closing their eyes the conditions ..

within the next week ..the drew 2 white continuous lines outside the school ... and the condition improved tremendously ..

proud owner
22-06-10, 14:44
These are elite schools.

for those who are badly affected and cannot take it anymore ..should write to the MP, Straitstimes forum.. and pressure the traffic police to do something about it ..

Or you can stand by the road , take pictures of all the cars .. and send them to traffic police and make sure all of them are fine .. EVERY single day ..

Or recommend that the school be move to other location .. like RGS's case

melodies
22-06-10, 21:05
Unfortunately you are not in Singapore now. The traffic jam there is now back to square one. I have seen so many cars parked beside the road just before school knock-off and cars jamming up the road by trying to over-take to cut queue & then cut into left-most again. Similarly in the morning although the situation is not parking but cars dropping off kids every where along that stretch of road.

i remember many years back , every morning i was stucked at the turn from Steven rd to Dunearn road where the chinese high girls school ( ? ) was .... i was so fed up ...i called class 95 FM ..when i was stucked in the traffic ... and i was put on air ...

i voiced out loud .. criticising the traffic police for closing their eyes the conditions ..

within the next week ..the drew 2 white continuous lines outside the school ... and the condition improved tremendously ..

etbj
24-06-10, 16:37
My thought is don't ever complain about the traffic or else they will open up another lane and the road get closer to our development.

Just ban those truck from using the west coast road..... they are the one, perhaps, cause the jam.... 1 truck could be equal to 3 cars.....

proud owner
24-06-10, 16:57
My thought is don't ever complain about the traffic or else they will open up another lane and the road get closer to our development.

Just ban those truck from using the west coast road..... they are the one, perhaps, cause the jam.... 1 truck could be equal to 3 cars.....

difficult lah

west coast always got trucks

similarly on expressway ..
big vehicles are prohibited on lane 1

but MPV so tall ..almost like a van ..also on lane 1 ..and they usually carry children or many passengers .. and tend to drive slower ..
can we also ban MPV / SUV (tall cars ) on lane 1 ??

sfwoo
24-06-10, 20:40
similarly on expressway ..
big vehicles are prohibited on lane 1

I use West Coast Highway occasionally.

You should see the container trucks there.
They drive very fast(in excess of 100 kmph), and I have seen them occupy ALL lanes of the highway.

What I rarely see are TPs.

Komo
24-06-10, 21:17
Yes driving on west coast is very dangerous due to all these fast going container and transport trucks. I wonder if most of them are hell drivers from the place up north. That's why I never like the west. But they're trying to make west more interesting, such as integrated development. I think centris is quite interesting.

orangeroad80
27-06-10, 02:56
hi guys,

Did anyone done anything to the false empty white wall on top of the built in wardrobe.

My interior designer quoted me 1k plus for changing that into a shelf :scared-5:
I feel that it's overly quoted.

Anyone manage to find a good contractor with reasonable pricing to knock down that false wall and built a nice shelf.

Thanks.

plan
27-06-10, 11:57
hi guys,

Did anyone done anything to the false empty white wall on top of the built in wardrobe.

My interior designer quoted me 1k plus for changing that into a shelf :scared-5:

Anyone manage to find a good contractor with reasonable pricing to knock down that false wall and built a nice shelf.

Thanks.

Hmm that's a bit pricey.

But did you or your ID already verified with the developer or managing agent
that the false wall is indeed empty or partially empty and can be knock off to form a shelving/cabinet??

It's so silly of the developer and its interior architect to have no sense of space management!!
Completely missed being customer-focus!

kumkeet
27-06-10, 13:29
Are there concealed pipings or conduits in there?

stalingrad
27-06-10, 13:31
Are there concealed pipings or conduits in there?
beware of skeleton in or above the closet.haha.

plan
28-06-10, 00:58
hi guys,

Thanks.

Hi,

How did it go?

Did you managed to build a new shelving or cabinet out of the false wall on top of wardrobe?

Is the wardrobe in other condo like Carebelle or Botannia had similar?

Cheers.

kumkeet
29-06-10, 03:39
After a long complain email they rt finaLly shaving off the car park ramp hump

spn25
02-07-10, 14:59
Hi all,

I noticed some units had frosted their glasses at the living/dning area as well as the bedrooms'. I also noticed units at Varcity Park also installing reflection mirror film to increase privacy to the entire living unit.

anyone can advise how to go about this at CW? will this a serious issue that the management will take action against us? anyway, they themselves could not come out with the approved films to guide the owner how to choice for the right one...........

kenkaw
02-07-10, 15:03
Yes driving on west coast is very dangerous due to all these fast going container and transport trucks. I wonder if most of them are hell drivers from the place up north. That's why I never like the west. But they're trying to make west more interesting, such as integrated development. I think centris is quite interesting.Looking on the bright side, at least the roads are clear enough for these trucks to travel fast. I'm not sure I would prefer a road that is choked full with bumper to bumper traffic where everyone crawls along ... :D

stalingrad
02-07-10, 15:54
Hi all,

I noticed some units had frosted their glasses at the living/dning area as well as the bedrooms'. I also noticed units at Varcity Park also installing reflection mirror film to increase privacy to the entire living unit.

anyone can advise how to go about this at CW? will this a serious issue that the management will take action against us? anyway, they themselves could not come out with the approved films to guide the owner how to choice for the right one...........

what you saw is probably solar film. it is pasted on window panes to reduce the glare of setting sun. it is really no big deal. condo managements would not object if the solar film you install is not too dark or too reflective and thus annoying to your neighbors.

kumkeet
02-07-10, 17:26
what you saw is probably solar film. it is pasted on window panes to reduce the glare of setting sun. it is really no big deal. condo managements would not object if the solar film you install is not too dark or too reflective and thus annoying to your neighbors.

Some developers have approved tinting and must be installed by their main con. Best to check with the management. If not, day and full curtains are better. You can have full view, partial view or totally blocked view.

calvenng
03-07-10, 08:44
What can the mgt do after you have install dark film on your unit. Ask their contractor to enter your unit and tear the film down? A condo is a home for privacy not an army camp rule by the mgt.
Clementiwoods 's windows are so clear that you can practically see the occupier 's every move in their unit. Do you want your neigbour to see you or your wife walking naked in your unit?
Many in my condo has installed dark film on their window without the approval and protest from mgt. The film are still there after 5 years. So don't worry just go ahead and install whatever film you want.

amk
03-07-10, 17:22
be considerate, pls dun install *reflective* films. that causes glaring to your neighbors. there are plenty of non-reflective privacy films in the market.

strictly speaking, u cannot install any films unless it's the approved color/type, as it affects the overall facade. However, nowadays "stupid" architects are designing units with clear glasses everywhere , with no consideration of our tropical climate and concern for privacy. As a result residents are forced to install films for privacy, heat insulation, etc. I think most condos close one eye on this.

but *not* for reflective ones. If your unit is facing the road, LTA can send you warning letters because it's a road hazard for vehicles.

Tropical Fish
05-07-10, 01:30
be considerate, pls dun install *reflective* films. that causes glaring to your neighbors. there are plenty of non-reflective privacy films in the market.

Totally agree. Please be considerate to others. CW is a very beautiful condo and please don't destroy it by installing the "reflective" kind of films. :tsk-tsk:

Tropical Fish
05-07-10, 01:35
What can the mgt do after you have install dark film on your unit. Ask their contractor to enter your unit and tear the film down? A condo is a home for privacy not an army camp rule by the mgt.
Clementiwoods 's windows are so clear that you can practically see the occupier 's every move in their unit. Do you want your neigbour to see you or your wife walking naked in your unit?
Many in my condo has installed dark film on their window without the approval and protest from mgt. The film are still there after 5 years. So don't worry just go ahead and install whatever film you want.

I hope you're not my neighbor. :simmering:

cher
05-07-10, 10:31

Don't forget your $1000 deposit is in their hand. Unless you willing to kiss your deposit good bye.

plan
05-07-10, 16:02
I think all solar films has "reflective" attributes that repel the heat absorption.
What is the use of installing those that doesn't repel heat?

Saw on newspapers now that even Nippon paint has introduce reflective paints to reduce energy bills for buildings and some property developers are already using them to paint the exteriors.

stalingrad
05-07-10, 16:17
I think all solar films has "reflective" attributes that repel the heat absorption.
What is the use of installing those that doesn't repel heat?

Saw on newspapers now that even Nippon paint has introduce reflective paints to reduce energy bills for buildings and some property developers are already using them to paint the exteriors.

solar film blocks a lot of heat. Our 3M solar film has a 70% rating, meaning only 30% of heat can enter the rooms it is installed at.

calvenng
06-07-10, 09:21
I hope you're not my neighbor. :simmering:

No one has the rite to choose their neigbour. To be good neighbour everyone has to tolerate, understand and respect each other's privacy.

If really unlucky and you have a very bad neighbour that you hate, the only alternative is to move out:banghead:

calvenng
06-07-10, 13:54
Don't forget your $1000 deposit is in their hand. Unless you willing to kiss your deposit good bye.

They can only claim the $1000 deposit if your contractor damage any of the common property or fail to clear the debris.
Anyway protecting one's privacy is worth more than $1000. You don't want to live like animals in the zoo worrying that you are being stare at by others 24 hours daily.:scared-3:

cher
06-07-10, 14:00
They can only claim the $1000 deposit if your contractor damage any of the common property or fail to clear the debris.
Anyway protecting one's privacy is worth more than $1000. You don't want to live like animals in the zoo worrying that you are being stare at by others 24 hours daily.:scared-3:

Don't you know there is such a thing call "day curtain" to protect your privacy, the last thing you want is management asking you to remove what you have installed:beats-me-man:

calvenng
06-07-10, 14:43
Don't you know there is such a thing call "day curtain" to protect your privacy, the last thing you want is management asking you to remove what you have installed:beats-me-man:

Don't you know that day curtain also prevent you from looking at the nice view outside. Anyway once everyone put up their curtains, you can't tell who is installing what window film as every window will have different colour tone because of the curtains.;)
Have check with several lawyers when installing the film in my current condo before and they said all owners have every right to protect their privacy by installing window film within their unit.:cool:

focus
06-07-10, 15:44

What film you guys installed? I am interested in those "I can see outside but those outside cannot see in type"... Need to install in 3 of my bathrooms.

devilplate
06-07-10, 15:51
What film you guys installed? I am interested in those "I can see outside but those outside cannot see in type"... Need to install in 3 of my bathrooms.

just frost ur bathrooms...tats the only way...

those privacy films only works when inside is darker den outside..at nite u will be seen when u switch on the lights:D

amk
06-07-10, 16:49
... all owners have every right to protect their privacy by installing window film within their unit.:cool:
it's not true. strictly speaking, it's your condo mngt who has a right to say what is acceptable or not if it affects the external facade. the mindset of "I'm the owner and I can do whatever I want as long as it's within my unit" is wrong. For example I say I dun like my balcony color, can I repaint it in my own color ? Of course not. The fact that most mngt closes one eye on window films is because it's indeed inadequate design. But that does not give you the *right* to install reflective films. (u know there are films that are totally mirror on one side and transparent from the other side. r u going to install them ?)

Don't you know that day curtain also prevent you from looking at the nice view outside
u see, that's the problem. you want a clear window so *you* can enjoy the view, and yet you do not want any one to look inside your units. You cannot have the best of both. It's a compromise for *communal* living.

zinmaw
06-07-10, 17:24
Hi all, what type of protection are u guys doing for the bathroom windows? Will these frosted window glasses protect you at night when the light is on? Bathroom windows shouldn't be that big, I think. :scared-3:

devilplate
06-07-10, 17:58
Hi all, what type of protection are u guys doing for the bathroom windows? Will these frosted window glasses protect you at night when the light is on? Bathroom windows shouldn't be that big, I think. :scared-3:

frost is gd enuff...can only see ur shadow....kaisu put roller blind lor:D

devilplate
06-07-10, 18:01
it's not true. strictly speaking, it's your condo mngt who has a right to say what is acceptable or not if it affects the external facade. the mindset of "I'm the owner and I can do whatever I want as long as it's within my unit" is wrong. For example I say I dun like my balcony color, can I repaint it in my own color ? Of course not. The fact that most mngt closes one eye on window films is because it's indeed inadequate design. But that does not give you the *right* to install reflective films. (u know there are films that are totally mirror on one side and transparent from the other side. r u going to install them ?)

u see, that's the problem. you want a clear window so *you* can enjoy the view, and yet you do not want any one to look inside your units. You cannot have the best of both. It's a compromise for *communal* living.

aiya...every condo sure got ppl put reflective films...to me not tat reflective lah...so extreme meh...can cause glare etc? i seen so many...dun find it glare leh... anyway those privacy films..at nite aso can see thru wat....to me its useless for privacy....but i also install bcoz its much cheaper den those clear ones...and provides the same IRR:D

proud owner
06-07-10, 20:41
frost is gd enuff...can only see ur shadow....kaisu put roller blind lor:D

frosted film is good enuff

can see silhouette but not clear .. unless you lean on the glass then can see full contour

isnt it cool.. tease your neighbour

calvenng
06-07-10, 20:46

No need to put any window film or curtains for your bathroom window. Even when lights are on, I still can't see a thing inside. You may want to view your bathroom with lights on from the outside to confirm it.

calvenng
06-07-10, 20:59
[quote=amk]it's not true. strictly speaking, it's your condo mngt who has a right to say what is acceptable or not if it affects the external facade. the mindset of "I'm the owner and I can do whatever I want as long as it's within my unit" is wrong. For example I say I dun like my balcony color, can I repaint it in my own color ? Of course not.

Why not? it is my house, I pay millions of $ and don't need someone else to tell me what to do with it. The mgt don't live in my house!
The truth is that most Sporean think this way. I saw many condos in Spore with ugly pink n red curtains,ugly bamboo curtains at balconies n patio (look at bloody unit 01-47:D ), fanciful lights, lingerie, bras hanging outside their windows.
The mgt will write them letters to warn them but most would just throw it into the dustbins. They will tell the mgt off, I pay you maintenance fees so buck off! You sue me I sue you back, if I m very rich:spliff: or don't pay maintenance if almost penniless:tongue3:

cher
06-07-10, 23:55
[quote=amk]it's not true. strictly speaking, it's your condo mngt who has a right to say what is acceptable or not if it affects the external facade. the mindset of "I'm the owner and I can do whatever I want as long as it's within my unit" is wrong. For example I say I dun like my balcony color, can I repaint it in my own color ? Of course not.

Why not? it is my house, I pay millions of $ and don't need someone else to tell me what to do with it. The mgt don't live in my house!
The truth is that most Sporean think this way. I saw many condos in Spore with ugly pink n red curtains,ugly bamboo curtains at balconies n patio (look at bloody unit 01-47:D ), fanciful lights, lingerie, bras hanging outside their windows.
The mgt will write them letters to warn them but most would just throw it into the dustbins. They will tell the mgt off, I pay you maintenance fees so buck off! You sue me I sue you back, if I m very rich:spliff: or don't pay maintenance if almost penniless:tongue3:

How about for people that hang their underwear in the balcony they are also damaging the external facade.

proud owner
07-07-10, 00:43
[quote=calvenng]

How about for people that hang their underwear in the balcony they are also damaging the external facade.

you can hang anythingu want ..INSIDE ..but not outside ..

even 9th aug ..the spore flag hang outside ..also ugly

novel
08-07-10, 15:15

you mean your bathrooms windows are CLEAR too?! :doh: :scared-4:

focus
08-07-10, 15:58
you mean your bathrooms windows are CLEAR too?! :doh: :scared-4:

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_mTPKPiyloeE/TAtA2Zn_84I/AAAAAAAAG28/7lxDRh53Itc/s800/IMAG0197.jpg

Like this consider Clear or not?.. keke

cher
08-07-10, 16:35
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_mTPKPiyloeE/TAtA2Zn_84I/AAAAAAAAG28/7lxDRh53Itc/s800/IMAG0197.jpg

Like this consider Clear or not?.. keke

How come your got bathtub I thought all sunken bath?

novel
08-07-10, 16:51
Goodness, the developer did not frost the windows of the bathtubs for you?! What they expect? You to display your birthday suit to everyone??!! :doh: Which condo? The Parc?

stalingrad
08-07-10, 17:11
Goodness, the developer did not frost the windows of the bathtubs for you?! What they expect? You to display your birthday suit to everyone??!! :doh: Which condo? The Parc?

Let's play the game of "name that condo." whoever guesses it right get a prize.

I guess it is Metropolitan. I guessed based on the view of the road and HDB.

devilplate
08-07-10, 17:19

nowadays mostly no frost....pro and con...when u not using the bathrm, u can let max sunlight pass thru...frosting makes the bathrm dark...jus spend $100-200 to do roller blind:D

devilplate
08-07-10, 17:21

obviously u nvr been to metro or redhill area...:D

bargain hunter
08-07-10, 17:29
hehehe i already know its dakota residences. :im-so-happy: he posted this photo and more in that thread. :)

novel
09-07-10, 14:05
obviously u nvr been to metro or redhill area...:D

sorry staling, i cannot help agreeing with devilplate...you are really not that familar with redhill area :P

and the prize will be sponsored by you if there is anybody who guess right? :D

bargain hunter
09-07-10, 14:18
i already guessed right, where's my prize? :)

sorry staling, i cannot help agreeing with devilplate...you are really not that familar with redhill area :P

sleek
09-07-10, 14:18
bargain_hunter already got it right!

novel
09-07-10, 14:21
asked stalingrad to give you wet french kiss or a bear hug? haha...since he is the one who sponsored th prize! :p

bargain hunter
09-07-10, 14:38
:doh: *faintz*

asked stalingrad to give you wet french kiss or a bear hug? haha...since he is the one who sponsored th prize! :p

stalingrad
09-07-10, 16:08
:doh: *faintz*

Don't you worry. No french kisses for you. probably french kisses for novel.

calvenng
09-07-10, 16:49

This is a condo forum not a dating or a *** chat room:tongue3:

novel
09-07-10, 17:20
stalin, ermm...I did not win *phew*

calven, no need to :simmering: we are only interested in property in this forum, not relationship :tongue3:

kumkeet
20-07-10, 16:53
Anyone put fish into the ponds? Saw some guppies and I think even one unit has a Koi. The fish can eat up the mosquito larvae if any :)
Also haven't seen anyone use their spa yet. My neighbour who has moved in can't figure it out.

plan
20-07-10, 17:56
Any pictures/photos?

calvenng
21-07-10, 20:35
After a long complain email they rt finaLly shaving off the car park ramp hump

Your complain has fell on deaf ears. They have thicken n make the hump even higher than before TOP:mad:

No one from the mgt is able to guide residents on how to use the spa.
How long should be the hose? Need to add chlorine or not? Can soak when the heater is on?:beats-me-man:
Worse , the number they provide for the spa's warranty n servicing belong to no one:simmering:

plan
22-07-10, 10:48
Your complain has fell on deaf ears. They have thicken n make the hump even higher than before TOP:mad:

How long should be the hose? Need to add chlorine or not? Can soak when the heater is on?:beats-me-man:
Worse , the number they provide for the spa's warranty n servicing belong to no one:simmering:

How they shaven and thicken the bump again?

Which units or area has these spa? which brand? any pictures?

kumkeet
23-07-10, 18:14

The hump is better now. The made both sides higher so that the gradient is more gradual. Trust me my car used to scrape on every entry exit. Now it's much better. It's about the gradient.

plan
04-08-10, 12:20
Saw some units/rooms has quite high ceilings...does all units has high ceilings?
Can any owners measure the actual floor to ceiling height?

sfwoo
04-08-10, 20:32
The heavy vehicles delivering white goods(fridge, washing machine, TV etc) and moving furniture have been causing a lot of headaches for the people who have to drive by.

This condo got no downloading bay for heavy vehicles to drive into.

All the unloading done by the road side, and wheeled manually in to the development!

kumkeet
06-08-10, 20:00
I think it's about 284cm floor to ceiling

vipersiao888
11-08-10, 16:05
The heavy vehicles delivering white goods(fridge, washing machine, TV etc) and moving furniture have been causing a lot of headaches for the people who have to drive by.

This condo got no downloading bay for heavy vehicles to drive into.

All the unloading done by the road side, and wheeled manually in to the development!

Yes, agree with sfwoo. Was there yesterday evening to view a few units on sale. If you are coming by NUS side, there are no right turning lane into CW (the next door project VP have got extra lane to turn). I was literally blocking the road for a couple of mins trying to turn right into CW main entrance as there were many oncoming vehs. from the opp. direction. My god, I cannot imgaine the chaotic traffic one would create when majority of the residents move in. Anyway, check with the owners regarding pricing and most of them, especially the 2 bedders are now asking above 1000psf. :scared-5:

Lrrp
11-08-10, 22:10
Anyone has problem with the gas water heater? Mine is either too hot or too cold. In my case, I set the thermostat temperature to 38C. Turn the mixer tap until water of comfortable temperature comes out. Soon it becomes too hot for comfort, turn the mixer slightly towards the cold side and soon only cold water comes out. Can never get the right temperature unlike the electric water tank heater I used to have.

Lodged it as a defect but the contractor who came to check said this is characteristic of gas heater. Nothing can be done.

Is this true? Anyone with similar experience?

plan
11-08-10, 23:40
How can the contractor say such things when it is obviously not working correctly as you described.
If is work like you described, you can never use the heater as per its supposed function to give you a comfortable shower...definitely a functional defect that need replacement to electrical one if the gas one is not functionally correct and up to standard quality.

proud owner
12-08-10, 00:08
Yes, agree with sfwoo. Was there yesterday evening to view a few units on sale. If you are coming by NUS side, there are no right turning lane into CW (the next door project VP have got extra lane to turn). I was literally blocking the road for a couple of mins trying to turn right into CW main entrance as there were many oncoming vehs. from the opp. direction. My god, I cannot imgaine the chaotic traffic one would create when majority of the residents move in. Anyway, check with the owners regarding pricing and most of them, especially the 2 bedders are now asking above 1000psf. :scared-5:

champion 1000 psf ? for LH ? no right turn project ?

i need no say much ... you know where else you should be looking ..