PDA

View Full Version : D18 Tampines Condo Plot by The Waterfront (Waterview)

Pages : 1 [2]

gohsoonk
22-11-10, 08:55
Correction...I meant 800 psf and below...

I also think that the entry price should be 800 psf and above...

They keep referring to how cheap it is relative to FEO's Waterfront series. Not sure if it is an advantage to keep comparing with the "well known" FEO (well known for charging high high)...

East Lover
22-11-10, 20:55
Hi EL, mind sharing your unit price? I'm a noob looking around and need a little hand-holding :ashamed1: Thanks!
>1.1mil :ashamed1:

East Lover
22-11-10, 21:02
wow, that's really fast! 又快又准! #9 is a top choice stack. Congrats congrats!!! Are you going to keep your current 4-br for rent to sell by the time of TOP? :D

Thank you thank you. :)

in fact I had no time to think too much at that time, because the good view units getting less n less, many agents queque to check price, entire venue busy like fish market.

I went to showflat confirmed the layout not as small as i think, and #09 4 bedder running out of good lake view units, i have no choice but make a decision loh. after i secured my unit, 2 units below mine already taken - it was that FAST! everybody grab like no need money. very very crazy.

For my be-loved 4 bedder in Tropica hoh, I love also so much. I will see how 3 years later... but i may have to give up my HDB flat by then... so sad... rental return so good... hopefuly goverment will change policy in 3 years time :)

East Lover
22-11-10, 21:03
Reservoir view is limited to those condos near reservoir, whereas pool view is more common, thus the premium for reservoir view.
that's what I think! fully agreed!

East Lover
22-11-10, 21:05
Got the 8th floor pool facing :-) at slightly over 1 mil. :-(
welcome neighbour! you will love the life style here!
Congrats:)

East Lover
22-11-10, 21:06
Thank you thank you and hope to see more neighbours joining in the forum so that we can enjoy the beautiful view with a ice cold beer together when the time comes.
welcome neighbour! you will love VW and Tampines :)

bargain hunter
22-11-10, 23:11
332 out of 390 units released sold so far. 110 more to be released this week.

http://info.sgx.com/webcoranncatth.n...df?openelement (http://info.sgx.com/webcoranncatth.nsf/VwAttachments/Att_3630EC1B8A170433482577E30033F49C/$file/PressRelease-Waterview.2010-11-22.pdf?openelement)

condolisa
23-11-10, 08:15
>1.1mil :ashamed1:
Congrats! When I went there, I fell in love with the 4 bedder reservoir unit but only 4th floor and below avail. 4th floor was 1.186 mio. As I wasn't convinced if I could still get a view, I did not give cheque. I think it's gone by now.

acidic.straw
23-11-10, 11:18
Congrats! When I went there, I fell in love with the 4 bedder reservoir unit but only 4th floor and below avail. 4th floor was 1.186 mio. As I wasn't convinced if I could still get a view, I did not give cheque. I think it's gone by now.

Hey con, the 1st flr unit is 4.5m off the ground so the 4th flr unit will be abt 5.5flr high - good enough for a water/green top view. For 1.186m, we are looking at sub 900 psf which is not too bad for an unblocked water view.

I understand from a fengshui master that stk 14 has good fs. Not sure abt that, but a good unblk water view is what I will go for at sub 900 psf. Of course it helps if I have 1.186m to spare :p

McKinnon
23-11-10, 16:18
TOP in 3 years? I tot someone mentioned 6.

Hope we can be waterview neighbours in 3 years :D

in fact I had no time to think too much at that time, because the good view units getting less n less, many agents queque to check price, entire venue busy like fish market.

I went to showflat confirmed the layout not as small as i think, and #09 4 bedder running out of good lake view units, i have no choice but make a decision loh. after i secured my unit, 2 units below mine already taken - it was that FAST! everybody grab like no need money. very very crazy.

For my be-loved 4 bedder in Tropica hoh, I love also so much. I will see how 3 years later... but i may have to give up my HDB flat by then... so sad... rental return so good... hopefuly goverment will change policy in 3 years time :)

acewee
23-11-10, 17:06

I assume you refering to #04-14? Was also quoted same price when I visited on Sunday. Was told that developer will increase price after the weekend. Guess not.

condolisa
24-11-10, 08:47
That's correct. I was also there on Sunday. Are you interested too?

East Lover
24-11-10, 09:28
TOP in 3 years? I tot someone mentioned 6.

Hope we can be waterview neighbours in 3 years :D
Offically it's 6 years, but usually by end of 2013 as what agent told me. nevertheless, let's enjoy the good healthy green life in Tropica first :)

East Lover
24-11-10, 09:31
I assume you refering to #04-14? Was also quoted same price when I visited on Sunday. Was told that developer will increase price after the weekend. Guess not.
if the best units were already released and sold out, the left over are those quarry facing unit I guess? then the price may not be able to increased...

East Lover
24-11-10, 09:33
332 out of 390 units released sold so far. 110 more to be released this week.

http://info.sgx.com/webcoranncatth.n...df?openelement
wow that's good! I'm deep inside the maintain in TW, so glad to know that WV has a good sales. Congrates to all the WV buyers and our potential neighbours :)

bargain hunter
24-11-10, 10:38
not sure how sales has been since then though. ;)

wow that's good! I'm deep inside the maintain in TW, so glad to know that WV has a good sales. Congrates to all the WV buyers and our potential neighbours :)

gohsoonk
24-11-10, 22:41
Why do you need to give up your HDB?

patricia
25-11-10, 12:30

For my be-loved 4 bedder in Tropica hoh, I love also so much. I will see how 3 years later... but i may have to give up my HDB flat by then... so sad... rental return so good... hopefuly goverment will change policy in 3 years time :)Just like buying Hello Kitty toy from MacDonald? Be careful!!

aimtowin
26-11-10, 12:41
sold 350 units of 390 units launch...not bad...wonder how the take up this weekend...launching another 110 units.

kingkong1984
26-11-10, 12:50
sold 350 units of 390 units launch...not bad...wonder how the take up this weekend...launching another 110 units.

Wow... very fast and very good... Waterview is really nice.

devilplate
26-11-10, 15:07
gd units mostly gone....all the stacks r released...nothing special on leftover units oredi....low flr ard 850-880psf which i tink is quite steep :2cents:

the jr master is a joke for the 4bedder....other den tat, layout quite gd:D

aimtowin
26-11-10, 15:21
gd units mostly gone....all the stacks r released...nothing special on leftover units oredi....low flr ard 850-880psf which i tink is quite steep :2cents:

the jr master is a joke for the 4bedder....other den tat, layout quite gd:D

Which is consider good units? I guess it own preference ba....i got mine for pool view..on the 8th = HUAT!... :cheers6:

devilplate
26-11-10, 15:23
Which is consider good units? I guess it own preference ba....i got mine for pool view..on the 8th = HUAT!... :cheers6:

those stacks tat only left 4th flr, ground flr...its a gd stack....vy simple:p

devilplate
26-11-10, 15:24

04-14 still avail....:D

DC33_2008
26-11-10, 15:26
Does not sound very nice. Was also offered a unit with 04-44 somewhere in holland area.

kingkong1984
26-11-10, 15:27
Must sell to non chinese. The number may be better if it is 04-04

aimtowin
26-11-10, 15:27
yes, my stack left with that only as well.... so its good deck...:cheers6:

aimtowin
27-11-10, 09:30
anyone here who brought the 3 bedroom were asked to decide if you want to seal up the entrance from Kitchen to the back balcony?

What was your choice?

devilplate
27-11-10, 09:37
anyone here who brought the 3 bedroom were asked to decide if you want to seal up the entrance from Kitchen to the back balcony?

What was your choice?
Y wud u want to do tt? Shd just seal the mbr door to the yard

condolisa
27-11-10, 09:41
Y wud u want to do tt? Shd just seal the mbr door to the yard
Why not? I would, if it were me as it the space more interesting ;)

acidic.straw
27-11-10, 11:01

What was your choice?

Seal up entrance from kitchen to yard balcony is kinda strange :confused:
The washing machine pt is actually at the yard balcony so sealing that up may be inconvenient. What the agent told me was sealing the entrance from bedroom to yard balcony.

devilplate
27-11-10, 12:03
Seal up entrance from kitchen to yard balcony is kinda strange :confused:
The washing machine pt is actually at the yard balcony so sealing that up may be inconvenient. What the agent told me was sealing the entrance from bedroom to yard balcony.
exactly, the yard balcony is ideal for drying clothes and keeping pets (maid's corner)

aimtowin
27-11-10, 13:52
I a leaving it as default for the time, as i foresee it will be useful in some areas and do not want to lose the MBR access to it.. If it needs to be worked on once it TOP then I can get a contractor to do it. As we do not want to make a wrong choice at this point.

shauntanzs
27-11-10, 14:04
I a leaving it as default for the time, as i foresee it will be useful in some areas and do not want to lose the MBR access to it.. If it needs to be worked on once it TOP then I can get a contractor to do it. As we do not want to make a wrong choice at this point.

I am not vested here but I had seen the showroom. The back balcony is a good idea.. Reminds me of those landed property whereby they have a clothes drying deck outside the yard/maids room.

It will come in handy in future..

nonameleh
28-11-10, 21:43
Went down today to check on the price. Wow! A 2 bedroom quarry facing #13 unit was sold at >$935 psf! I thought "cooling measures" works as reported in the News?

acidic.straw
29-11-10, 07:14
Went down today to check on the price. Wow! A 2 bedroom quarry facing #13 unit was sold at >$935 psf! I thought "cooling measures" works as reported in the News?

What floor was that unit? High floor and good facing always command a premium.

aimtowin
29-11-10, 08:19

My friend got a unit at #11 unit facing quarry at 870K lor....

East Lover
29-11-10, 10:22
exactly, the yard balcony is ideal for drying clothes and keeping pets (maid's corner)
I like the back balcony idea also. I will keep my 4th room door as default design.

all the room can put queen size except my 4th room which is too small, I will convert it as a Japanese Room (和室) :)

East Lover
29-11-10, 10:25
Why do you need to give up your HDB?
one of the agents said so... due to government new rule? whoever buy private property now have to give up HDB flat??? how true is it? no time to check HDB website, anyone can advise?

devilplate
29-11-10, 10:25
I like the back balcony idea also. I will keep my 4th room door as default design.

all the room can put queen size except my 4th room which is too small, I will convert it as a Japanese Room (和室) :)

u r enjoying gd life!:spliff:

the kitchen a little too small for 3/4bedder hor?

aimtowin
29-11-10, 10:26
one of the agents said so... due to government new rule? whoever buy private property now have to give up HDB flat??? how true is it? no time to check HDB website, anyone can advise?

Have you completed your MOP of > 5 years? If so you don't have to sell.

East Lover
29-11-10, 10:27
those stacks tat only left 4th flr, ground flr...its a gd stack....vy simple:p
my stk only left 2nd and ground floor, for stk 14, yes, still #04-14 still there! agree, it's not easy to sell to chinese:o

East Lover
29-11-10, 10:31
u r enjoying gd life!:spliff:

the kitchen a little too small for 3/4bedder hor?
thank you :)
yes, kitchen is too small, no oven some more... it's only 1/3 of my current kitchen. headache!

But except this, I like the layout of WV, very optimized. I'm looking forward to my unblocked water view in 3 years time:p

East Lover
29-11-10, 10:32
Have you completed your MOP of > 5 years? If so you don't have to sell.
Really? Thats a good news for me! Thanks!

devilplate
29-11-10, 11:11
thank you :)
yes, kitchen is too small, no oven some more... it's only 1/3 of my current kitchen. headache!

But except this, I like the layout of WV, very optimized. I'm looking forward to my unblocked water view in 3 years time:p

did u request for a FOC built in oven from sim lian? its a sure get:D

aimtowin
29-11-10, 11:17

i already brought. did u get one?

devilplate
29-11-10, 11:41
i already brought. did u get one?

no wor...dun hf 2bedder facing waterview leh.....3bedder too big for me

mantrix
29-11-10, 12:39
Hi not sure if anyone asked already - but is the quarry permanent? Or it may be filled up in future?

aimtowin
29-11-10, 12:42
Hi not sure if anyone asked already - but is the quarry permanent? Or it may be filled up in future?

As far as i know, there isn't any plans announced till date that it will be developed into something else but no one really knows....

gohsoonk
29-11-10, 12:55
The agent is damn weak...

Some of us here can do a better job as an agent...

aimtowin
29-11-10, 12:56
The agent is damn weak...

Some of us here can do a better job as an agent...

:cheers6: thats because we research, chat and read as we are buying and thats where knowledge builds up.

East Lover
29-11-10, 12:59
really? how to? i rush to overseas after secured one unit. didn't have time to check all the details... how to request for FOC built in oven??

Denlim
29-11-10, 13:20
really? how to? i rush to overseas after secured one unit. didn't have time to check all the details... how to request for FOC built in oven??

Is it true that we can get a built in oven FOC? What I know is that we can get Sim Lian to leave a space for the oven while constructing the kitchen cabinets.

East Lover
29-11-10, 13:28
Is it true that we can get a built in oven FOC? What I know is that we can get Sim Lian to leave a space for the oven while constructing the kitchen cabinets.
my agent just called me that - no FOC, only can leave a space for oven.

Aiyoh, why like that? they said the WV selling point is water view + good price, but $900+psf not cheap leh, still no FOC oven.

East Lover
29-11-10, 13:37

Master Plan 2008

Boost to East Region as international gateway
24. New Tampines Quarry Park

Residents can visit the new beautiful waterfront Tampines Quarry Park which will be developed around the Tampines quarry.http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/text/pr03-19.html

devilplate
29-11-10, 15:09
my agent just called me that - no FOC, only can leave a space for oven.

Aiyoh, why like that? they said the WV selling point is water view + good price, but $900+psf not cheap leh, still no FOC oven.

err...how come the orange tee agt who serves me at the showflat told me tat can get a FOC oven???:beats-me-man:

East Lover
29-11-10, 15:13
err...how come the orange tee agt who serves me at the showflat told me tat can get a FOC oven???:beats-me-man:
again, a lot of agents any how say one...

devilplate
29-11-10, 15:15
again, a lot of agents any how say one...

by the way, are you sourcing some home loan? which bank rate offer better? so far I have ranked as Maybank and OCBC, any advice?

for BUC project, i tink HSBC offers best sibor rates now...completed projects, can try maybank 5yr fixed for long term

East Lover
29-11-10, 15:15
Dear all neighbours and experts, are you sourcing some home loan? which bank rate offer better? so far I have ranked as Maybank and OCBC, any advice? mind to share?

East Lover
29-11-10, 15:29
for BUC project, i tink HSBC offers best sibor rates now...completed projects, can try maybank 5yr fixed for long term
Maybank 3M SIBOR + 0.50% p.a yr 1, + 1.00% yr2, + 1.25% yr3
HSBC: +0.65% for all the 3 years

DC33_2008
29-11-10, 18:01
Anyone has the floor plans?

aimtowin
29-11-10, 22:01
Anyone has the floor plans?

check out this link:

http://www.waterview.com.sg/floor-plan.html

gohsoonk
30-11-10, 08:21
If you are looking at fixed rates for long tenures...only Maybank and DBS makes the cut...

Dear all neighbours and experts, are you sourcing some home loan? which bank rate offer better? so far I have ranked as Maybank and OCBC, any advice? mind to share?

aimtowin
30-11-10, 10:36
If you are looking at fixed rates for long tenures...only Maybank and DBS makes the cut...

actually am trying to figure out since the flexible rates now are so low, why do we want to choose fixed rates? which is at 1.99% now?

Where are we looking at then we want to choose fixed rate beside being able to anticipate the lona amt monthly?

East Lover
30-11-10, 11:49
actually am trying to figure out since the flexible rates now are so low, why do we want to choose fixed rates? which is at 1.99% now?

Where are we looking at then we want to choose fixed rate beside being able to anticipate the lona amt monthly?
tats what i am confusing now. last year I took up a fixed rate for my current place, much higher interest rate now. so now i wanna to take floating rate.

Since US Gov is printing more and more money, if bank increase interest rate, much more hot hot money will come to SG, so I guess the low interest rate will still last at least 2-3 years??? just nice by waterview TOP?:)

Denlim
30-11-10, 12:57
Maybank 3M SIBOR + 0.50% p.a yr 1, + 1.00% yr2, + 1.25% yr3
HSBC: +0.65% for all the 3 years

DBS: SIBOR+0.65% for 1st 3 years and +0.75% threafter... There is a chance for all to change the loan scheme within 6 mths after TOP and guess have to relook at the rates between fixed and floating...

kingkong1984
30-11-10, 13:11
DBS: SIBOR+0.65% for 1st 3 years and +0.75% threafter... There is a chance for all to change the loan scheme within 6 mths after TOP and guess have to relook at the rates between fixed and floating...

Go for 3 yr fixed or 5 yr fixed. Hot Money will push up rates to contain the inflationary pressures. Unless we kanna a double dip recession, things are looking positive from now on and growth to be 4 to 6% next year.

East Lover
30-11-10, 14:11
Go for 3 yr fixed or 5 yr fixed. Hot Money will push up rates to contain the inflationary pressures. Unless we kanna a double dip recession, things are looking positive from now on and growth to be 4 to 6% next year.
banker said if interest rate increase, more hot money will come, so they have to hold the interest rate.

akow
30-11-10, 22:01

Singapore does not use interest rate as a key instrument to manage inflation, unlike the US.
Management of $SGD banded movement against world major currencies is used as key instrument to contain inflation.

kingkong1984
01-12-10, 02:27
Singapore does not use interest rate as a key instrument to manage inflation, unlike the US.
Management of $SGD banded movement against world major currencies is used as key instrument to contain inflation.

ok, excuse my ignorance :ashamed1: I fear interest rate hikes in home loans which are at record low..if not lowest.

devilplate
01-12-10, 08:54
ok, excuse my ignorance :ashamed1: I fear interest rate hikes in home loans which are at record low..if not lowest.

the question is when.....end of last yr i tot end of 2010 which is NOW tat the int rate will start to rise.....i am sure majority r wrong like me:ashamed1:

gohsoonk
01-12-10, 09:08
That is because you are looking at the rates now...

It is a bet against the movement of rates in the future...

gohsoonk
01-12-10, 09:11
Singapore does not use interest rate NOW as a KEY instrument to manage inflation, unlike the US.

If it is used as a supplemental instrument...also die...

East Lover
01-12-10, 12:56
Is it true that SOR will be getting lower than SIBOR in the coming few years due to US currency policy?

OCBC offer 0.75+SOR, while DBS & HSBC offer 0.65+SIBOR, which one is better?

DC33_2008
01-12-10, 14:23
The gap between SOR and SIBOR has narrowed in the last couple of days. It is SOR that moves up as 1$US = SGD1.32.

rainy
02-12-10, 08:05
as unemployment rate is high in the US ... i don't think interest rate will go up until they bring down unemployment ... futhermore , they are more worried that the economy will go into deflation rather than inflation

East Lover
02-12-10, 08:55
as unemployment rate is high in the US ... i don't think interest rate will go up until they bring down unemployment ... futhermore , they are more worried that the economy will go into deflation rather than inflation
so does it imply that SOR is lower than SIBOR? we should go OCBC?

by the way, all BUC project no fixed rate offered, i guess bank predict SIBOR will go up soon???

gohsoonk
02-12-10, 09:18
"all BUC project no fixed rate offered"...this is generally true...but there are exceptions ;)

so does it imply that SOR is lower than SIBOR? we should go OCBC?

by the way, all BUC project no fixed rate offered, i guess bank predict SIBOR will go up soon???

East Lover
02-12-10, 13:18
For refinancing case, beside DBS, any bank else is willing to sub the penalty?

East Lover
03-12-10, 14:09
Sibor is influenced by the supply and demand for funds in the Singapore interbank market, whereas SOR is more exposed to factors external to Singapore such as USD interest and exchange rates.
SOR is more volatile because exchange rates as well as USD money market rates tend to fluctuate moreSIBOR is most likely to be more stable as compared to SOR as the latter is influenced by a Forex component, which in the last few years, have been badly affected due to the erratic world economy and international exchange market.

Although SOR rates have been relatively lower than SIBOR rates for the past couple of months this year (August – October 2009), SOR has gone through rapid movements and at times, has a much higher rate than SIBOR. This makes SIBOR more “stable” for those who are aware of the unpredictable economic changes and on par with market conditions.

The current world economic environment has impacted our local economy and growth forecast, so to decide on what interest rates you would be comfortable with depends on your knowledge on the property market and economy.

The decision boils down to your appetite and view on the market in the future.

If you are investing on a property and know your budget well, it would not be risky to take up a loan that is pegged to SOR, as long as you are not locked in for too long.

On the other hand, if you are buying a property for occupation, in a long term, picking a loan with fixed rates or maybe SIBOR-pegged rates would be a better choice for you.

TIPS: Always choose a bank or financial institution that is transparent with their interest rates before you decide on anything

gohsoonk
05-12-10, 19:49
Is it a norm that DBS subsidize the refinancing? I just did a refinancing with them and was not offered!

For refinancing case, beside DBS, any bank else is willing to sub the penalty?

DC33_2008
05-12-10, 20:05
I do not have got experience wtih DBS. They are rather stuck up.
Is it a norm that DBS subsidize the refinancing? I just did a refinancing with them and was not offered!

East Lover
06-12-10, 08:27
ai yoh... so eventually which bank did you choose?

East Lover
06-12-10, 13:16
I do not have got experience wtih DBS. They are rather stuck up.
mine currently is with Maybank. Painful...

aimtowin
07-12-10, 11:36
Its kind of a week ago news, didn't see this until today: Looks like the executives also brought a couple of the units. Will this means good? To each of its minds....

Sim Lian Group Ltd has sold 332 units of its Waterview condo project as at Nov 22, just four days after it was officially launched on Nov 19. The company has decided to increase the number of units launched from 390 to 500 units. The project, which is next to the Bedok Reservoir Park near Tampines, has a total of 696 units.
http://m.theedgesingapore.com/images/stories/TES2010-June-Dec/TES449-Nov29-2010/449-pb3.jpgCredit: Sim Lian

The 99-year leasehold site covers 341,654 sq ft and will consist of twelve 15-storey blocks. In a separate announcement by the company, controlling shareholder and executive chairman Kuik Ah Han, together with several of his relatives, has bought six units in the Waterview project, at prices ranging from $847,000 to $2.2 million, which, the company says, was at current market prices.

gohsoonk
07-12-10, 12:13
DBS. I like the fixed rate package.

ai yoh... so eventually which bank did you choose?

bargain hunter
07-12-10, 12:29
http://info.sgx.com/webcoranncatth.nsf/VwAttachments/Att_EA22B80A29458027482577E30035DBEB/$file/announce-2010-11-22-IPT_Waterview.pdf?openelement

unit number and price and who bot what revealed :)

those of u who bot same stack can compare. ;)

Its kind of a week ago news, didn't see this until today: Looks like the executives also brought a couple of the units. Will this means good? To each of its minds....

Sim Lian Group Ltd has sold 332 units of its Waterview condo project as at Nov 22, just four days after it was officially launched on Nov 19. The company has decided to increase the number of units launched from 390 to 500 units. The project, which is next to the Bedok Reservoir Park near Tampines, has a total of 696 units.
http://m.theedgesingapore.com/images/stories/TES2010-June-Dec/TES449-Nov29-2010/449-pb3.jpgCredit: Sim Lian

The 99-year leasehold site covers 341,654 sq ft and will consist of twelve 15-storey blocks. In a separate announcement by the company, controlling shareholder and executive chairman Kuik Ah Han, together with several of his relatives, has bought six units in the Waterview project, at prices ranging from $847,000 to $2.2 million, which, the company says, was at current market prices.

Dreamerz
07-12-10, 20:32
Anyone has any idea how many units have been sold so far?

acewee
07-12-10, 21:36
http://info.sgx.com/webcoranncatth.nsf/VwAttachments/Att_EA22B80A29458027482577E30035DBEB/$file/announce-2010-11-22-IPT_Waterview.pdf?openelement

How come no Kuik Sim Lian amongst them. :kenny:

bargain hunter
08-12-10, 00:51
no such person leh. Kuik Ah Han is Chairman and founder. chairman, CEO/spouse and a whole host of Kuiks already bot into the project liao. :ashamed1:

How come no Kuik Sim Lian amongst them. :kenny:

East Lover
08-12-10, 08:13

I compare with my stk 09, yes, this's market price ;)

#08-09 1,116,000
#09-09 1,122,000

I was curious who bought the PH even before seeing the showflat, now i know it's Chairman, no wonder can buy before us lah. That PH has best facing - south has unblock lake view, north has nice 2 big pool view.

Mr Kuik Ah Han #15-10 2,223,000 Executive Chairman

McKinnon
08-12-10, 08:33
is urs higher floor than the simlian bigshots? :)

I compare with my stk 09, yes, this's market price ;)

#08-09 1,116,000

#09-09 1,122,000

I was curious who bought the PH even before seeing the showflat, now i know it's Chairman, no wonder can buy before us lah. That PH has best facing - south has unblock lake view, north has nice 2 big pool view.

devilplate
08-12-10, 09:03

best facing PH meh?

devilplate
08-12-10, 09:04

big shots bot into nice numbers...8,9:D ....they dun care higher flrs

McKinnon
08-12-10, 09:44
ya, the numbers very nice. :D

big shots bot into nice numbers...8,9:D ....they dun care higher flrs

East Lover
08-12-10, 14:27
haha, i aim for 09-09 also, but bigshots act too fast too early, cant fight:cool:

East Lover
10-12-10, 08:19
will those simlian big shots really stay at Waterview??? Maybe they just for investment purpose?

bargain hunter
10-12-10, 08:30
i also think its for investment.

will those simlian big shots really stay at Waterview??? Maybe they just for investment purpose?

acidic.straw
10-12-10, 08:47
ST Forum

Dec 10, 2010

Road capacity increased

WE THANK Mr Lee Soon Tat for sharing his concerns about the potential traffic situation at the junction of Tampines Avenue 1 and Avenue 10 with the launch of Waterview residential development ('Congestion'; Dec 1).
We assure him that in intensifying land use, the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) works closely with partner agencies to ensure it is in tandem with the area's growth and efficient use of public infrastructure, such as roads and rail lines, and will not adversely affect the quality of the living environment.
For the residential sale site at Tampines Avenue 1 and Avenue 10, URA recognises that additional traffic may be generated in the area and had worked closely with the Land Transport Authority (LTA) to ensure that the road capacity is increased to meet the demands of new developments in the area.
As an example, since July, the LTA has widened Tampines Avenue 10 between Bartley Road East and Tampines Avenue 5 from three lanes to four lanes in both directions. LTA has also made improvements to the junction of Tampines Avenue 1 and Avenue 10 to cater to higher volumes of turning traffic.
Tan See Nin
Director (Physical Planning)
Urban Redevelopment Authority

East Lover
10-12-10, 09:09
i also think its for investment.
Whether they bought for own stay or investment, one thing is good that they can ensure the quality of this project. haha. big boss also bought, who dear to any how mass up? maybe can really T.O.P. on X'mas of 2013:scared-5:

Denlim
10-12-10, 12:31
Whether they bought for own stay or investment, one thing is good that they can ensure the quality of this project. haha. big boss also bought, who dear to any how mass up? maybe can really T.O.P. on X'mas of 2013:scared-5:

It will be fantastic if can be in end 2013... Then can enjoy the reservoir view and count down to the New Year...

DC33_2008
11-12-10, 07:56
I doubt they will stay there. They are living in GCB.

East Lover
11-12-10, 10:51
I doubt they will stay there. They are living in GCB.
many of us would think so. but even they bought for investment, they still can ensure the quality of water view - must deliver on time with good quality, and better T.O.P. before market drops :)

East Lover
11-12-10, 11:11
Saw waterview in youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f45pA4j1W4s

news said 90% buyers are local, and majority are HDB upgraders... hehehe

East Lover
11-12-10, 13:12
一、坐北朝南的房子 气场平和,财运减弱,但不至于衰败。宜守成,不宜创业。
二、坐东北朝西南的房子 大吉之象。是非常适合办公环境的流年方位。宜创业。多有发财升迁之喜。
三、坐东朝西的房子 身体康健、家庭幸福,但事业败落,有志难申。
四、坐东南朝西北的房子 不吉之象,尤其不利于中年女人。家庭不和,财运受阻。
五、坐南朝北的房子 衰败之象。多口舌纷争,是非不断,财运平平。
六、坐西南朝东北的房子 这是一个相对吉祥的人居风水方位。内在和美,外在平实,是非常适合家庭居住的流年方位。
七、坐西朝东的房子 生气勃勃。也是一个适合创业的流年方位。但家居这个方位,在流年上不是很吉利。中年男子健康多忧。
八、坐西北朝东南的房子 努力进取之象。有小成但也有小忧。中等格局的流年方位。

---- majority of Waterview units are 坐东北朝西南的房子 大吉之象!:)

Kengar
13-12-10, 09:31
My wife and I love the overall site layout of Tropica which has a homely feeling, and we think Waterview has the same.

Other attractive points I like of Waterview -

1) Near to my existing place (comfortable with the amentities, food etc etc);
2) Near my parents' flat;
3) Short drive to Giant/Ikea, St Hilda;
4) Close drive to PIE, TPE
4) Reservoir view (can't wait for this)

But based on the current showflat, I do admit there are much areas to improve on the finishings (e.g. overall kitchen, toilet sink top, homogeneous tiles) .. feel like changing them all. :P

devilplate
13-12-10, 09:33
But based on the current showflat, I do admit there are much areas to improve on the finishings (e.g. overall kitchen, toilet sink top, homogeneous tiles) .. feel like changing them all. :P

floor tiles r DISGUSTING!.....can ask developer dun lay the tiles?

i hate those tiles with big gap in between....very uncomfortable to walk on it

Kengar
13-12-10, 10:02

Yup I believe we can ask the developer not to lay them. I heard a friend of mine who bought another Sim Lian development, wanted to install her own tiles, kitchen and bedroom cupboards.

bargain hunter
13-12-10, 10:06
and traps dirt easily too!

East Lover
13-12-10, 10:52
My wife and I love the overall site layout of Tropica which has a homely feeling, and we think Waterview has the same.

Other attractive points I like of Waterview -

1) Near to my existing place (comfortable with the amentities, food etc etc);
2) Near my parents' flat;
3) Short drive to Giant/Ikea, St Hilda;
4) Close drive to PIE, TPE
4) Reservoir view (can't wait for this)

yes, the finishing is really EC level :cool:

But I noticed that nowadays all floor are homogeneous tiles liao. Got any new project still have beautiful marble tiles like Tropica?

I wish Tropica can have a big balcony as well, then I can keep it happily ;)

teddybear
13-12-10, 12:40
Wah, below explanation like every direction also not totally bad and not totally good? Which Fengshui sect or Master said that?

I had been taught that in Fengshui, facing West is the worse, followed by North-West and South-West. Facing South but tilted to East (not exactly South facing, actually should be between South & South-East) is the best fengshui facing, followed by South-East. So, always look for property with living room and Master bedroom windows facing these 2 facings!

一、坐北朝南的房子 气场平和,财运减弱,但不至于衰败。宜守成,不宜创业。
二、坐东北朝西南的房子 大吉之象。是非常适合办公环境的流年方位。宜创业。多有发财升迁之喜。
三、坐东朝西的房子 身体康健、家庭幸福,但事业败落,有志难申。
四、坐东南朝西北的房子 不吉之象,尤其不利于中年女人。家庭不和,财运受阻。
五、坐南朝北的房子 衰败之象。多口舌纷争,是非不断,财运平平。
六、坐西南朝东北的房子 这是一个相对吉祥的人居风水方位。内在和美,外在平实,是非常适合家庭居住的流年方位。
七、坐西朝东的房子 生气勃勃。也是一个适合创业的流年方位。但家居这个方位,在流年上不是很吉利。中年男子健康多忧。
八、坐西北朝东南的房子 努力进取之象。有小成但也有小忧。中等格局的流年方位。

---- majority of Waterview units are 坐东北朝西南的房子 大吉之象!:)

East Lover
13-12-10, 14:15
Wah, below explanation like every direction also not totally bad and not totally good? Which Fengshui sect or Master said that?

I had been taught that in Fengshui, facing West is the worse, followed by North-West and South-West. Facing South but tilted to East (not exactly South facing, actually should be between South & South-East) is the best fengshui facing, followed by South-East. So, always look for property with living room and Master bedroom windows facing these 2 facings!
the best facing changed per 20 years. now 8 period facing south-west is best. I read this info in many places.

you can google it. ;)

teddybear
13-12-10, 14:37
Ok, you are talking about the belief/teaching from the Flying-Star Sect.

Just for the sake of Fengshui discussions, there is no Flying-Star Sect in Tang dynasty when the "Luan Tou" fengshui has already been practised. There are many stories about famous fengshui experts in Tang and Song dynasty who used such traditional fengshui teaching and none of them said good facing changes every 20 years. The Flying-Star sect teaching is not inline with the physical nature. Just 1 eg, your house faces West, how can it be good in certain 20 years? Can your house be cool and windy in certain 20 years? Who want to face that red hot furnace in West direction for all their life when living in that property? Those people who have heaty 8-character, they would have been "burnt" to death before even experiencing any good luck (even if you believe that facing West is best facing in particular 20 years!). :banghead:

the best facing changed per 20 years. now 8 period facing south-west is best. I read this info in many places.

you can google it. ;)

desquire
01-01-11, 19:32
I will be your new neighbour, got 5th flr at just below $1m :-)

hahah...
i jumped into the boat as well...

don't know if its the right move... but the place sure looks good compared to the many others that i have seen over the time....;)

Kengar
01-01-11, 20:29
Happy New Year Desquire, welcome to the family. :)
When did you buy it and which stack?

hahah...
i jumped into the boat as well...

don't know if its the right move... but the place sure looks good compared to the many others that i have seen over the time....;)

desquire
01-01-11, 21:47
Hi there..

I hv just finished reading post related to this project....

I got stack 42, dated 21st Nov 2010. Two days earlier i saw signages directing me to 'Waterview'. The day after, I hopped down with my wife and kids...

That night was extremely stressful. Endless discussions and thoughts till 5am!!! Didn't know if we should commit. I have been staying in this area for like 28yrs now. My parents are at st.12 and i'm now staying at st.71. So poof!!!!

Went down showroom (when i'm supposed to be at Bukit Timah to bring the kids for so called 'trekking' that morning). Grabbed what i think i should before its too late... hahahah!

The rest i guess is history in the making...:D

** Hello to the rest of the people here and to those who hv jumped into
the boat! Happy paddling...;)

Tingwei
02-01-11, 15:10
Hi there..

I hv just finished reading post related to this project....

I got stack 42, dated 21st Nov 2010. Two days earlier i saw signages directing me to 'Waterview'. The day after, I hopped down with my wife and kids...

That night was extremely stressful. Endless discussions and thoughts till 5am!!! Didn't know if we should commit. I have been staying in this area for like 28yrs now. My parents are at st.12 and i'm now staying at st.71. So poof!!!!

Went down showroom (when i'm supposed to be at Bukit Timah to bring the kids for so called 'trekking' that morning). Grabbed what i think i should before its too late... hahahah!

The rest i guess is history in the making...:D

** Hello to the rest of the people here and to those who hv jumped into
the boat! Happy paddling...;)

Welcome Desquire! I am at stack 13. Also had lots of considerations..... History liao. Happy paddling too. Hahaha......

desquire
02-01-11, 19:53
Welcome Desquire! I am at stack 13. Also had lots of considerations..... History liao. Happy paddling too. Hahaha......
Hey there..

My boat will probably capsize before I could even get it across the reservoir in 3yrs time. 13 is a fantastic stack!!

After much thinking decided on 42 as we prefer a 3 bedder. Another attached toilet means extra scrubbing for my wife. Haha.

42 is alright with a pool+reservoir view but yours will be 180deg reservoir!!! Unbeatable!!! Hehehe

Denlim
03-01-11, 10:20
Welcome aboard and stack 42 was one of my consideration beofre I commit. Guess we are pretty similar as I have been staying in Tampines for the past 25 years and it is after days of stressful calculation and consideration before I commit on the unit...

Hey there..

My boat will probably capsize before I could even get it across the reservoir in 3yrs time. 13 is a fantastic stack!!

After much thinking decided on 42 as we prefer a 3 bedder. Another attached toilet means extra scrubbing for my wife. Haha.

42 is alright with a pool+reservoir view but yours will be 180deg reservoir!!! Unbeatable!!! Hehehe

desquire
03-01-11, 16:29
Which stack did you end up with bro? I guess timing wasn't on our side to think and think. We hv no luxury of such. It's like 'quick-pick' but 42 appeals to me for the so called 2-in-1 view. Congrats to you and the others too.

Tingwei
03-01-11, 16:56
Hey there..

Thanks Desquire! i think the view will be good too. :)

Kengar
03-01-11, 18:59
Looks like a few of us here are upgraders staying nearby Waterview. I am staying at Street 82, will be watching the construction day by day. Feels like a long wait ahead.

desquire
03-01-11, 23:04
Looks like a few of us here are upgraders staying nearby Waterview. I am staying at Street 82, will be watching the construction day by day. Feels like a long wait ahead.

Hi you sure are spot on. I have started to look forward to the drive along Tampines Ave 10 even more these days. Stealing glances at the land to see the progress of it. Exciting but stressful at the same time. Haha.

But I definitely believe that many residents at WV are ppl arnd the same area majority being Tampines Residents themselves who knows the area pretty well.

Denlim
04-01-11, 09:08
I am staying in St.82 too.. Guess we can monitor the progress day by day but as you say, it seems to be a long wait.

desquire
04-01-11, 15:17
I am staying in St.82 too.. Guess we can monitor the progress day by day but as you say, it seems to be a long wait.
It will b sooner than we imagine it to be. Time flies very quickly these days.

Kengar
04-01-11, 15:50
Hi Guys, have you all signed the S&P at the lawyers yet?

I am still waiting for the lawyer to inform me to go down to their office.

Strange so long haven't heard from them since exercising the OTP.:beats-me-man:

desquire
05-01-11, 05:46
Hi Guys, have you all signed the S&P at the lawyers yet?

I am still waiting for the lawyer to inform me to go down to their office.

Strange so long haven't heard from them since exercising the OTP.:beats-me-man:

Hi bro...

After my purchase on 21 Nov, I did call Simlian for they could have somewhat forgotten (or rather sales getting too hot to handle) about the S&P cause I hear no news from them.

Coincidentally, they told us that they were busy and it was instead hand delivered to my home at arnd 10pm the next day. A few days later, we went to the lawyer's office to settle the documents.

That was like even before the 8th of December as I left for my holiday trip on the date mentioned. You might like to give them a call to check. Hope everything goes well.:)

Kengar
05-01-11, 05:55
Hi bro...

After my purchase on 21 Nov, I did call Simlian for they could have somewhat forgotten (or rather sales getting too hot to handle) about the S&P cause I hear no news from them.

Coincidentally, they told us that they were busy and it was instead hand delivered to my home at arnd 10pm the next day. A few days later, we went to the lawyer's office to settle the documents.

That was like even before the 8th of December as I left for my holiday trip on the date mentioned. You might like to give them a call to check. Hope everything goes well.:)

Heng it was silly me, the S&P was already signed on the first meeting, it is the mortgage papers that is outstanding which they will call me. Haha

desquire
05-01-11, 09:10
Heng it was silly me, the S&P was already signed on the first meeting, it is the mortgage papers that is outstanding which they will call me. Haha

You probably get too excited. I'm very lost when it comes to documents of such. My other half usually does the coordination and stuffs like that. I get a headspin everytime i see 'long winded' documents in a strange language.:D

richardsng_era
16-01-11, 13:42
Congrats to the owners of Waterview. Most of the units comes with a view with no road in front. Very rare to find.

desquire
18-02-11, 14:22
Just realised we hv two topics related to Waterview. So many people around. Where's Tingwei and Denlim and all? Kekeke. :p

East Lover
18-02-11, 14:33
Just realised we hv two topics related to Waterview. So many people around. Where's Tingwei and Denlim and all? Kekeke. :p
long time ago, i even wrote to forum admin to combine these 2 threads into 1, nobody bother me....:banghead:

Denlim
18-02-11, 14:37
Hi all, am still around and been a silent reader for the past weeks... So have you guys started the run around the reservoir, I will defintely love to join in and do let me know if there is one coming up.... Cheers..

desquire
18-02-11, 14:43
Hi all, am still around and been a silent reader for the past weeks... So have you guys started the run around the reservoir, I will defintely love to join in and do let me know if there is one coming up.... Cheers..
I'm going tonight bro 10plus thereabouts. If keen alert me. Can relax chit chat by the "reservoir". Anyone else? Hehe. Bro kengar, sis Eastlover? All nearby right. Maybe bro McKinnon too. Hehe. Just a backgate away. :D

Denlim
18-02-11, 14:46
Wow, that's pretty late yeah... I usually jog ard 6pm in order to enjoy the reservoir view...

I'm going tonight bro 10plus thereabouts. If keen alert me. Can relax chit chat by the "reservoir". Anyone else? Hehe. Bro kengar, sis Eastlover? All nearby right. Maybe bro McKinnon too. Hehe. Just a backgate away. :D

desquire
18-02-11, 14:53
The night is very quiet, nice and tranquil. No sun facing. Hehe. Plus free Waterfront Isle's lighted colourful balloons very nice. :D

Denlim
18-02-11, 14:56
The night is very quiet, nice and tranquil. No sun facing. Hehe. Plus free Waterfront Isle's lighted colourful balloons very nice. :D

Sounds good.... But as I will be flying off this weekend, need to spend time with my kids tonight... Maybe we arrange again the week after next and let's keep in touch via the other Waterview thread, that saves us the trouble of refreshing and refreshing.....hehe.

desquire
18-02-11, 15:22
Anytime. No problem. :D

McKinnon
18-02-11, 15:25
one day we book tropica function room and order pizza we sit there and chitchat lah.

desquire
18-02-11, 16:54
one day we book tropica function room and order pizza we sit there and chitchat lah.
Wow!!! So nice of you really. Would love yo take a look at your beautiful view as well. We shall try get a date and arrange soon. Do many nice and helpful people around. :D

McKinnon
18-02-11, 16:58
sure.. then your tour of duty gotta include bro srm's crown jewel. :D

Wow!!! So nice of you really. Would love yo take a look at your beautiful view as well. We shall try get a date and arrange soon. Do many nice and helpful people around. :D

desquire
18-02-11, 17:53
This is interesting. I end up selling WV and buying over Tropica. Kekeke. Shhhhh. :D

SRM
18-02-11, 22:04
hahaha...sure!!! I still make it a point to stand in front of the window every day and admire the reservoir...very shiok!!!:cheers1:

sure.. then your tour of duty gotta include bro srm's crown jewel. :D

McKinnon
19-02-11, 06:12
Or you can sell Ur hdb and buy a tropica unit while waiting for Ur waterview to be ready!

This is interesting. I end up selling WV and buying over Tropica. Kekeke. Shhhhh. :D

desquire
19-02-11, 07:10
Or you can sell Ur hdb and buy a tropica unit while waiting for Ur waterview to be ready!
If I could I would. Selling my beloved HDB will nvr be an option got me. I love this place so very much. I call this home perfect. Just that we try see how this condo works out to be.

Heard also of political issues and management problems, restrictions and etc. staying in a condo. Should I not like the life at WV, I can always go back to where I come from.

I buy Tropica and sell my current unit then I probably end up eating grass. Kekeke. :D

East Lover
19-02-11, 09:51
If I could I would. Selling my beloved HDB will nvr be an option got me. I love this place so very much. I call this home perfect. Just that we try see how this condo works out to be.

Heard also of political issues and management problems, restrictions and etc. staying in a condo. Should I not like the life at WV, I can always go back to where I come from.

I buy Tropica and sell my current unit then I probably end up eating grass. Kekeke. :D
don's sell your HDB! we already have no much thing can gain subsidies from gov,:p

I guess most of you have fully paid HDB flat. Rent it out, HDB rental give you much much higher returns. collect 2.5-3K (if EA) extra $$$ everymonth, and with your CPF, you will feel staying in WV for free hehehe

desquire
19-02-11, 10:18
don's sell your HDB! we already have no much thing can gain subsidies from gov,:p

I guess most of you have fully paid HDB flat. Rent it out, HDB rental give you much much higher returns. collect 2.5-3K (if EA) extra $$$ everymonth, and with your CPF, you will feel staying in WV for free hehehe
No way I will sell HDB. I nvr know. I might not like life in a condo aft all. So let me hv the feel ang from there I wld know better. Don't like can sell n go back to ground zero without any stress. :D